2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Mission Viejo, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Global Exchange Vacation Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?

Original review: July 1, 2019

Save your money. This is a scam organization. They sell points through RCI that you will not be able to use. Over a two year period we could not find a venue that aligned with the point values they provided.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I could not believe how unprofessional this 'sales' staff came across. Of course when you first get there, everyone is nice and sweet. But once they don't hear what they want to, they become extremely rude. My rep was even getting defensive with me when I was asking questions and I asked him why he's getting defensive? He laughed it off. It was just extremely unprofessional. He kept saying, “I'm not trying to sell you anything.” I said, "Perfect then why I am here. I'll take the trip and be on my way." He laughed it off. I said seriously. Then I tried asking him questions about the price, which shockingly he couldn't tell me because it was all in the presentation. So by this point I had already seen enough red flags. I went into the presentation and of course I immediately said it was too good to be true.

And when I said that, I was shown a realtors license and was told that since it's a real realtors license they have to follow all the laws. (Is that the reason.) It was supposed to give me peace of mind I guess. Then we talk about money. I was intrigued. But my gut is telling me no. So I try and see how low I can go. Once I told the supervisor I couldn't afford her down payment then she said, "Ok if you can’t afford this then no reason to go any further." She said thanks and that was it. I thought I was done. NOPE, then when my rep came back and tried to ask a 'higher up' about 'lowering the deposit' the guy shook my hand and was really nice until he saw how low I wanted to go and that's when he turned into a completely rude guy! He said, "OH no," left abruptly and when the rep said, "hey man," he literally walked out of the room yelling, "nope," as if I was the one wasting their time??

I was talking to another person there and she was promised a trip to Catalina and when she went to claim her free trip they said they 'never heard of Catalina' and gave her a voucher for 7 day trip. Funny thing is I was there for Catalina as well and I rec'd the voucher for Catalina. So it doesn't add up. But my main thing is rudeness. When you get to the end and you're adamant and say no, you get the rude treatment and that's not good salesmanship.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Total Rip off possible scam! Customers service is unaccountable for anything and condescending. Don't expect support or assistance with vacation issues. Just purchase RCI membership if you want points. The ownership is pointless and a waste of money. Don't do it. You'll just be paying a monthly note and annual Maintenance fee for Dirty accommodations. Total disappointment on my first booking after two years of accumulating Points to have enough to use towards a vacation.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We were promised two different 3 day 2 night vacations to attend the presentation. These are not actual vacations that you can work into your schedule, nor are they free. You have to pay $150 up front, send in 3 different potential vacation dates at least 60 days in advance and each selected date has to be 30 days apart. Vacation Roulette. Now, we only bought into the membership club due to the sales rep telling us we can get discounted cruises, because that is how WE vacation... Well, turns out this was a complete LIE. You CANNOT get discounted cruises at all. The price they offer is the exact same you get online directly with the cruise ships. This is complete fraud. DON'T get swindled by these people.

Original review: May 17, 2019

We loved the experience of BB and Erica was a great help. The whole staff was wonderful and I would recommend them to family and friends. Thanks again for y'all help. We can't wait to take our first cruise soon.

Original review: May 12, 2019

BB was such an amazing experience, He asked us if we had a great experience to just leave a good review and I couldn’t deny him. The way that the presentation went was almost one of the best experiences of my life, more so because we didn’t know what to expect coming in but the way t(he)y explained the program and all the great things we can do with it we knew this is for us. Young man I want you to shoot for the stars and continue to be that special person you are, now dropping down to how we feel about it.

I can’t wait to be able to take these trips, there is a little bit of hesitation, still, but we feel about 80% safe and confident in our decision to join with you guys. People deserve to have things that you guys offer, the interest was a bit high for my liking, but I’m willing to deal with it especially if you can make my dreams come true with my family and do like you guys said. All it takes is a little bit of courage and a little bit of open mindedness and this this TRULY TRULY does make sense. Every now and then, we are offered opportunities that we just have to roll the dice on...this is one of those instances. I can’t wait to see what this program has to offer.

Original review: May 10, 2019

This company is a complete rip off. Every time my husband I tried to book a trip. It was a blackout. My husband gifted this timeshare to me after I lost our child and it's been nothing but a nightmare. A complete scam. A lawsuit needs to be opened up with this company.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was at 6 Flags Fiesta, TX with my wife & 2 girls when we get stopped by the GEVC disciples. I gingerly get get led to "The Wheel”. I spin, I win a cruise, BUT I have to deposit $40 and do some paperwork and agree I will go to a 90 min seminar IF I want my $$$ back . Agreed to the 10 am group the following Sunday because we were going to 6 Flags right after the seminar. We call to confirm our meeting and the receptionist tell us to bring 2 forms of ID, so we do. I only bring minimal $$$ because we're not planning to stay all day at Fiesta, TX.

We get to the GEVC place and wait like 5 min before someone asked us to come up to the front of their lobby & in front of potential members. This representative asked us for a credit or debit card, I said we didn’t bring one, he says out loud, "ARE YOU SURE, YOU MIGHT HAVE ONE IN YOUR CAR!!!" Really?? Their demeanor totally spiraled down after that. I was told we had no ties or obligations, but yet was refused & not allowed to participate in the seminar. In a split second they gave me another date/time for the next seminar and pointed me to the door!!!! Really??? No apology, no "Hey let's work something out your here already," but NOOOO.

All of this was handled extremely poor, & this is what I get for winning a cruise??!! But on a positive note, a preview was displayed on how they conduct business which alerted me NOT to WASTE my time any further. I tried calling GEVC HQ but no one cared to hear my side, they just said "Everybody has a credit card sir “. So I went on to the BBB and reported them. Don’t do it people!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I would not recommend this at all. They would tell you ANYTHING to make a sale and just treat you like a number after. These are just a couple of things I experienced:

1. The RCI website used to book destinations always have maintenance issues.
2. The locations in which are advertised as available during the presentation NEVER has availability.

3. The interest on the loan was not stated prior to the sale.

We were told that nothing would be reported on our credit reports - just to find out a year later how this negatively impacted our reports. None of the above was ever disclosed before sale. The experience received after the sale was even worse. All in all, this was a terrible investment and I feel mislead, lied to, coerced, and it goes without saying, 100% dissatisfied with the plan as well as the customer service.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We tried to book our free trip and it was so many blackout dates we just decided to give it to someone else. But at the same time we also bought into the program, I can kinda understand why people keep saying they’re scammers, definitely those free trips. We sit down with this guy named BB, he didn’t look anything like we expected nor did he act or talk like anything we expected, he actually made us feel comfortable throughout the whole interview process. Like, I mean literally, I think we bought into the program more due to him and his manager, (who also did the presentation) and how they really treated us like humans and not a number.

Reluctantly we did sign up, we finally received our login two weeks ago. And we booked our first trip, however we used our frequent flyer miles instead of their air traveling method. Now I’m expecting to see this great beautiful resort that I have booked for me and my family, but the booking is confirmed. I would give a five star but I feel like those marketing trips were a bit of fluff, so that almost was a yellow flag, but so far so good. We’re going to for St. Thomas 348 a week USD, I really hope it’s as beautiful a resort as the pics display.

Global Exchange Vacation Club Company Information