2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Mission Viejo, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.66/5

Global Exchange Vacation Club Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were told we were purchasing a club membership, not a timeshare. Once we reviewed the BBB and GEVC, we decided it was not a good idea. However, I was out of state and could not return on time to rescind the contract. We purchased it on on June 29, my wife called the company on July 6, my wife spoke to Jennifer, she said I will e-mail the paperwork to rescind and it's no problem.

A month later GEVC tells us we can't get out of contract, they said we called on July 9 and that is a lie. I have the AT&T phone records where my wife called. We asked them what can we do to get out of this contract, Leonard said "pay it off." I said "I'm not paying for a service I'm not going to use." On April 8, 2019, GEVC sent a letter: Notice of Forfeiture of Membership, but still wants us to pay. On June of 2019 , Monterey Collections sent us a letter that we must pay or we will be placed on bad credit. They said we could get out of it if we paid $10,000. Our original price was $6646. They said as long as we don't pay the interest will continue. This company will not let you out of this contract. They use fraudulent statements to get you to sign the contract. Don't even consider getting into this company.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Save your money. This is a scam organization. They sell points through RCI that you will not be able to use. Over a two year period we could not find a venue that aligned with the point values they provided.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I could not believe how unprofessional this 'sales' staff came across. Of course when you first get there, everyone is nice and sweet. But once they don't hear what they want to, they become extremely rude. My rep was even getting defensive with me when I was asking questions and I asked him why he's getting defensive? He laughed it off. It was just extremely unprofessional. He kept saying, “I'm not trying to sell you anything.” I said, "Perfect then why I am here. I'll take the trip and be on my way." He laughed it off. I said seriously. Then I tried asking him questions about the price, which shockingly he couldn't tell me because it was all in the presentation. So by this point I had already seen enough red flags. I went into the presentation and of course I immediately said it was too good to be true.

And when I said that, I was shown a realtors license and was told that since it's a real realtors license they have to follow all the laws. (Is that the reason.) It was supposed to give me peace of mind I guess. Then we talk about money. I was intrigued. But my gut is telling me no. So I try and see how low I can go. Once I told the supervisor I couldn't afford her down payment then she said, "Ok if you can’t afford this then no reason to go any further." She said thanks and that was it. I thought I was done. NOPE, then when my rep came back and tried to ask a 'higher up' about 'lowering the deposit' the guy shook my hand and was really nice until he saw how low I wanted to go and that's when he turned into a completely rude guy! He said, "OH no," left abruptly and when the rep said, "hey man," he literally walked out of the room yelling, "nope," as if I was the one wasting their time??

I was talking to another person there and she was promised a trip to Catalina and when she went to claim her free trip they said they 'never heard of Catalina' and gave her a voucher for 7 day trip. Funny thing is I was there for Catalina as well and I rec'd the voucher for Catalina. So it doesn't add up. But my main thing is rudeness. When you get to the end and you're adamant and say no, you get the rude treatment and that's not good salesmanship.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Total Rip off possible scam! Customers service is unaccountable for anything and condescending. Don't expect support or assistance with vacation issues. Just purchase RCI membership if you want points. The ownership is pointless and a waste of money. Don't do it. You'll just be paying a monthly note and annual Maintenance fee for Dirty accommodations. Total disappointment on my first booking after two years of accumulating Points to have enough to use towards a vacation.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We were promised two different 3 day 2 night vacations to attend the presentation. These are not actual vacations that you can work into your schedule, nor are they free. You have to pay $150 up front, send in 3 different potential vacation dates at least 60 days in advance and each selected date has to be 30 days apart. Vacation Roulette. Now, we only bought into the membership club due to the sales rep telling us we can get discounted cruises, because that is how WE vacation... Well, turns out this was a complete LIE. You CANNOT get discounted cruises at all. The price they offer is the exact same you get online directly with the cruise ships. This is complete fraud. DON'T get swindled by these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?

Original review: May 10, 2019

This company is a complete rip off. Every time my husband I tried to book a trip. It was a blackout. My husband gifted this timeshare to me after I lost our child and it's been nothing but a nightmare. A complete scam. A lawsuit needs to be opened up with this company.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was at 6 Flags Fiesta, TX with my wife & 2 girls when we get stopped by the GEVC disciples. I gingerly get get led to "The Wheel”. I spin, I win a cruise, BUT I have to deposit $40 and do some paperwork and agree I will go to a 90 min seminar IF I want my $$$ back . Agreed to the 10 am group the following Sunday because we were going to 6 Flags right after the seminar. We call to confirm our meeting and the receptionist tell us to bring 2 forms of ID, so we do. I only bring minimal $$$ because we're not planning to stay all day at Fiesta, TX.

We get to the GEVC place and wait like 5 min before someone asked us to come up to the front of their lobby & in front of potential members. This representative asked us for a credit or debit card, I said we didn’t bring one, he says out loud, "ARE YOU SURE, YOU MIGHT HAVE ONE IN YOUR CAR!!!" Really?? Their demeanor totally spiraled down after that. I was told we had no ties or obligations, but yet was refused & not allowed to participate in the seminar. In a split second they gave me another date/time for the next seminar and pointed me to the door!!!! Really??? No apology, no "Hey let's work something out your here already," but NOOOO.

All of this was handled extremely poor, & this is what I get for winning a cruise??!! But on a positive note, a preview was displayed on how they conduct business which alerted me NOT to WASTE my time any further. I tried calling GEVC HQ but no one cared to hear my side, they just said "Everybody has a credit card sir “. So I went on to the BBB and reported them. Don’t do it people!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I would not recommend this at all. They would tell you ANYTHING to make a sale and just treat you like a number after. These are just a couple of things I experienced:

1. The RCI website used to book destinations always have maintenance issues.
        2. The locations in which are advertised as available during the presentation NEVER has availability.

3. The interest on the loan was not stated prior to the sale.

We were told that nothing would be reported on our credit reports - just to find out a year later how this negatively impacted our reports. None of the above was ever disclosed before sale. The experience received after the sale was even worse. All in all, this was a terrible investment and I feel mislead, lied to, coerced, and it goes without saying, 100% dissatisfied with the plan as well as the customer service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Yes my Spouse and I signed a contract in Nov. 2018 the end of year but was charged to 2 yrs of maintenance fees after only 2 months of signing contract. We were lied to about promotional trip. Total Scam.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This company is very fraudulent. They sell you on using your points at any time or obtaining extra free vacations. This was the worst investment we have ever done. The customer service at member services are so unprofessional. Again, please do not buy.

Global Exchange Vacation Club Company Information