2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.5/5 (2154 ratings)

About Expedia

Expedia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: May 15, 2021

When my wife and I were looking for a hotel we were quite surprised. We thought we would have to book a mile away from Niagra Falls. Actually we could see the falls from our room what a gift Expedia! Thank You for giving us old HoneyMooners the times of our Lives.!

Original review: May 6, 2021

They find me the best price consistently. I always save money using this site. No matter if it is a hotel or airline I am confident that they will find me the best price and schedule. They have the most destinations as well.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Very good website. Use it all the time for my trips, easy to use and they tell you all about the rooms and the hotel. We went to Tombstone and the place we stayed was just what they said on the website.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Only thing I didn’t like about this, is that when you get to motel they act like they have no idea what you’re talking about when you tell them you used Expedia, if it just didn’t take so long in their website to just order a room. It’s crazy.

Original review: April 30, 2021

This site provided the exact details of what I needed: it even help me with scheduling a car rental. So, if you are considering taking a trip. I would definitely look into checking out the Expedia website.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Their affiliate company CarRentals is almost a scam, they don't even have a phone number where you can call a make a request or try to solve an issue. Their policies are: give me your money and no matter what happens we are not giving it back to you, no matter what the problem was.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

DO NOT USE. Expedia changed my name on my personal profile without my knowledge (I got married 15 years ago but kept my own name). My passport is in my own name. When I booked airline tickets within 12 hours I noticed the email from Expedia had the incorrect name. Expedia Would not change the name and suggest I cancelled and rebooked. When I rang back half an hour later they would not let me use my credit to rebook stating I had a Virgin flight (I had a Delta flight) and virgin had no seats either that day or for the foreseeable future and I was told I could not book delta who did have these flights. So I lost two return flights plus all hotel rooms. TRY TO USE A FLIGHT CREDIT WITH EXPEDIA. IMPOSSIBLE.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I purchased 6 tickets to Colombia. I had a 24 hour window to cancel, I called and waited on line for several minutes until finally got an agent. I told the agent my issue and why I had to cancel, he told me to wait a few minutes he will check something, he made me wait then comes back and says, "We can give you a credit," I said I don’t want it. I want my refund. He said, "Unfortunately as we speak the time is up. The last minute is as we speak." But he put me on hold and was still on the phone with me minutes before the clock was ticking. They refuse to give me back my money and now I go through the aggravation of calling my credit card company to dispute. Everyone I am warning you do not use this company for any of your purchases. They will rob you of time, energy and money.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Due to misinformation on the Expedia Website during booking, Expedia promised me (sent me an email) to refund my costs for checked-in luggage. After the trip, when I submitted receipts, Expedia confirmed this promise twice (I have 2 more emails). A few days later Expedia went back on their promise and rejected the claim. The case is still active. Now Expedia is promising resolution in 10 business days. If there is any possibility of a dispute, stay away from Expedia. Their customer service lies and there is no way to escalate your case.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I booked a hotel through Expedia, but because of the late arrival time I called to see if I could change the two night stay to one night, so that I could book (outside of Expedia), a hotel by the airport. The rep said she'd that the trip was non refundable, but she could call the hotel and ask if it was ok to make the change from 2 night to 1. She proceeded to make the call and got permission. She then told me to call the hotel to confirm, which I did (they acknowledged that the Expedia rep had called and they had given the permission to change the reservation to one night). The Expedia rep also explained to get a refund for the one night, I would need a receipt from the hotel showing I was there for just 1 night.

Great! So I made another reservation with the hotel by the airport (which I wouldn't have done if the rep hadn't gone through that process with me). When I called Expedia after the trip to work on the refund, the new rep said, "Sorry, you booked 2 nights, you've forfeited the one night.." I explained the above; why would the Expedia rep call the hotel to get the OK, etc... Nothing, I just lose my money after that whole process. Did they lie? Are they incompetent? Why would I have booked another hotel if that all hadn't taken place? Not the organization I want to do business with again.

Expedia author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1996, Expedia is one of the oldest online travel companies. It was created by a team at Microsoft.

• Hotel price guarantee: Expedia will not only match lower offers but also give customers $50 for finding cheaper rates.

• Expedia+points: Purchases earn travelers points that they can exchange for discounts.

• +VIP Access: +VIP Access members get free amenities and services at select hotels.

• Visitor guides: Expedia provides visitor guides to help vacationers find interesting things in their destination cities.

• Mobile deals: The Expedia mobile app gives users access to exclusive deals.

Expedia Company Information