3.1/5 (2208 ratings)

About Expedia

Expedia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: May 15, 2021

When my wife and I were looking for a hotel we were quite surprised. We thought we would have to book a mile away from Niagra Falls. Actually we could see the falls from our room what a gift Expedia! Thank You for giving us old HoneyMooners the times of our Lives.!

Original review: May 6, 2021

They find me the best price consistently. I always save money using this site. No matter if it is a hotel or airline I am confident that they will find me the best price and schedule. They have the most destinations as well.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Very good website. Use it all the time for my trips, easy to use and they tell you all about the rooms and the hotel. We went to Tombstone and the place we stayed was just what they said on the website.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Only thing I didn’t like about this, is that when you get to motel they act like they have no idea what you’re talking about when you tell them you used Expedia, if it just didn’t take so long in their website to just order a room. It’s crazy.

Original review: April 30, 2021

This site provided the exact details of what I needed: it even help me with scheduling a car rental. So, if you are considering taking a trip. I would definitely look into checking out the Expedia website.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Expedia is good for finding deals and packages, but if there is a reservation issue, they do nothing. I am in Expedia booked hotel, with a bed that is way too hard (hurting my shoulders and back) and with pillows that have been around for nearly 20 years (meaning there is not much life left in these things.) I ask the hotel about cancellation and they say that I have deal with Expedia. I contact Expedia and request that they check me out and put me in another Expedia property. They refused. They said I need to call the Front Desk and complain. Every bed in this hotel is going to be the same. I can't imagine that they will want me sifting through 10's of pillows to find a few good ones. If I was dealing with the Property directly, they would check me out, as they don't want to deal with "the one person" who doesn't like their pillows. Big mistake on my part!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Our experience since COVID... Four elders trying to fly to Hawaii to say good-bye to our family. Expedia did not call back 4 times now when they say they would including a supervisor. They disconnect on chat and did not call back even when they promised to. It took 5 days of calls back and forth between Hawaiian Airlines and Expedia to try to upgrade tickets to first class! Finally, we gave up on upgrading and bought whole new tickets, the last two, so our elders could travel. I have tried to be patient and it is beyond capacity. There is one thing for people to be under pressure and another to false advertise and try to make money off of the situation.

Now, due to Covid in our family, when trying to change the departure date (without a change fee, as promised by the expedia agent upon booking our first-class tickets). Expedia told me to find a seat at a comparable price and they could make the change. I found one online. However, when I gave them the flight, they wanted to charge an additional $1,695 per ticket saying it was not a new ticket so it had a different price…what is that then if it is not a change fee. They asked a fee that would make the fare $2,700. for a change to a date a week later, even though they and Hawaiian had a listed price of $1,044 on that day for the very same itinerary as the first tickets. They said a changed ticket costs more than the new one that is advertised for a first class seat that day by Expedia and Hawaiian. What is that? At minimum false advertising..at max..something illegal?

We intend to contact the Better Business Bureau, and place reviews on the internet! They are making money off of people forced to change to due to Covid. Expedia said it was the airline policy. If we give up our original tickets to make this change, they can sell them at a much higher price And they are asking us for $1,695 per ticket to make this change when their advertised price for the new date is $1044!

I asked if they could please find me another time to go without these astronomical price addon charges since this information is not published anywhere online for me to look. They looked at 3 dates as far ahead as November and it was still to cost an additional $1895. This is their way it seems of advertising no change fee and then making up an amount for the seat different then what is published on their web sites. They both said it was the other's policy. Finally, I gave up with Expedia…and called Hawaiian directly….which I was told would not help.…in tears I could not hold back – I shared the story …they said no problem and changed our tickets for a total of $50 processing fee with expedia and a difference of 3.99 in one fare. Humans at last!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Expedia overcharged me thousands of dollars; locked in airline tickets that were not purchased as round trip & basic economy; lied and never reserved my rental car; and, did not bundle. It a 5 month complete nightmare. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Booked a room online through Expedia, however I accidentally booked the wrong date. I realized it immediately and called Expedia and they told me they would refund my money as soon as they contacted the hotel. They never did and they never refunded my money. I got the runaround for a week before finally giving up. I called the hotel and booked a room over the phone. The hotel said they never received any from Expedia or was contacted by them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

We rented a car from Expedia, upon arrival at car pick up location. We were told that we can't use the insurance we already paid for thru Expedia. So we had to get a car rental insurance, upon arrival back I contacted Expedia and this is what I received back, "We've attempted to contact Europcar in Sarajevo to request a refund for your itinerary **. Unfortunately, we were unable to contact the property and will need to abide by the terms and conditions of the booking which states refunds are not allowed. Thanks for contacting Expedia."

Great way to treat your customers Expedia. Funny that they sell you something you can't use. But hey you can fail once. Strongly recommend for anyone that wants to use Expedia for any booking, DON'T. You will lose money and won't get help at all. I got to mention too, that when we arrived at the location the car was damaged. And again we receive a same respond, you can contact Expedia that's what they booked for you. I understand that when you say "this car or similar" but hey they can at least listen to when a customer calls and complains that something is wrong. Worst customer service ever. I might be complaining and people might not read the whole review but I hope you do and stay away because I don't want anyone feeling how we felt on a 10 day vacation.

Expedia author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1996, Expedia is one of the oldest online travel companies. It was created by a team at Microsoft.

• Hotel price guarantee: Expedia will not only match lower offers but also give customers $50 for finding cheaper rates.

• Expedia+points: Purchases earn travelers points that they can exchange for discounts.

• +VIP Access: +VIP Access members get free amenities and services at select hotels.

• Visitor guides: Expedia provides visitor guides to help vacationers find interesting things in their destination cities.

• Mobile deals: The Expedia mobile app gives users access to exclusive deals.

Expedia Company Information