2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.7/5 (2118 ratings)

About Expedia

Expedia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: May 15, 2021

When my wife and I were looking for a hotel we were quite surprised. We thought we would have to book a mile away from Niagra Falls. Actually we could see the falls from our room what a gift Expedia! Thank You for giving us old HoneyMooners the times of our Lives.!

Original review: May 6, 2021

They find me the best price consistently. I always save money using this site. No matter if it is a hotel or airline I am confident that they will find me the best price and schedule. They have the most destinations as well.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Very good website. Use it all the time for my trips, easy to use and they tell you all about the rooms and the hotel. We went to Tombstone and the place we stayed was just what they said on the website.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Only thing I didn’t like about this, is that when you get to motel they act like they have no idea what you’re talking about when you tell them you used Expedia, if it just didn’t take so long in their website to just order a room. It’s crazy.

Original review: April 30, 2021

This site provided the exact details of what I needed: it even help me with scheduling a car rental. So, if you are considering taking a trip. I would definitely look into checking out the Expedia website.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I am so upset with Expedia. I was doubled booked for a trip a couple of weeks ago. Not only did Expedia charge me when I made the booking, but the Hotel charged AGAIN when I got there. I have called 3 times now only to be on hold anywhere from 20min-40 min with no resolution. I was originally told the refund was in process but when I never got the "confirmation" email I called again and they said they had no record. For a two night stay I was charged almost $1400. That is insane and not right! No response to my emails either. If I could zero stars I would!

Original review: July 26, 2021

Do NOT use this website! I KNOW it's super convenient but IT'S NOT WORTH IT! I booked my stay with them for this past weekend. Upon arrival 5+ people were in a designated complaint area and while we were checking in two people beside us were also cancelling their rooms. The hotel was nothing like the pictures. There was urine, cigarettes, trash everywhere. The room had BLOOD, STAINS, HAIR EVERYWHERE!! As soon as my infant son touched the bed and I saw that I nearly threw up. I instantly grabbed my kids, went back to the check in and cancelled. They told me they cant cancel anything but the $30 fee and I have to do everything else through Expedia.

Not only did I have to hold all together for over an hour but I also was DENIED A FULL REFUND because that's not their policy. I would of understand HAD the situation been different BUT NO! They want to penalize me for wanting A SAFE AND CLEAN ENVIRONMENT FOR MY PREGNANT SELF AND MY YOUNG CHILDREN?!?! HOW RIDICULOUS! I now have to wait 7-10 days for a refund which Lord knows if I'll even get so now I'm out over $1000.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I booked a vacation package through them. Upon arriving at the hotel and getting taken to my room, I noticed that there was no lights in the hallway. As soon as you walk in to the room, black bugs greeted you at the door. As a wasp nest was outside my room balcony. Ants was all over the sitting area. The bathroom looked like it wasn't clean properly that I had to double wipe with my Clorox wipes. Mold was in the bathroom.

I called Expedia the next day and told them that I have booked another hotel and will no longer be staying at the hotel because of the hotel conditions. I did as the rep from expedia told me to do was to go up the guest services, check out before 12 and see about getting my refund for my remaining days. The guest services rep at the hotel told me that I will have to get in touch with expedia since I didn't book directly through the hotel. Called expedia back and they stated that they will give the hotel a call to get the approval for my refund.

Now fast forward to three weeks later and I still haven't received a refund. I called numerous times as well as chatted with a rep from expedia. Every time I'm on the call, the rep tell me that they will have this case sent to the right dept. for review. Within a couple days later, I received the message stating that they couldn't get in touch with the hotel and they will abide by the hotel rules and I won't get a refund. Called expedia again after receiving this message from them and was told that one the hotel doesn't have my money expedia does, two that they would need a manager's name. I also asked if I can call the hotel and they stay on the line and get the approval and they told me they couldn't. While on the phone with the hotel, the expedia rep hung on me. Asked the hotel from their customer service info so I can email them myself as well as tell expedia.

I emailed the hotel from three different sets of email addresses. Finally got a response from a manager stating that expedia is the people I would have to deal with in getting my refund since I didn't booked directly with the hotel. After receiving the emails, got back in touch with expedia but through chat this time, and was told again that they need approval from the hotel in order to get my refund back from expedia. I sent in the chat the email that was sent to me by the manager. The expedia rep name Gabriela sent me an email so I can copy the email in there so it can be included in the chat message.

Got a message back stating that they got no response from the hotel and they won't give me a refund. Got another message from the same manager that's telling me that same thing, I would have to deal with expedia on getting my refund. He even included that I need to let them know to email the customer service email that is provided throughout the email in order to get in touch with them. I sent that out to them as well. Within minutes on me sending that last email, I sent back the same default message stating I will not receive a refund. This has been going on since July 3rd. I have been getting the runarounds and all I want is my money that I feel I rightfully deserve after having to pay to stay at another hotel because of the previous hotel room conditions. If you all will like to get in touch with me, I can be reached at **.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Our flights were cancelled due to Covid in 2020 and given credit. I used the credit given by Jet Blue and booked another flight. Condition was no cx or modifications. Well I had to cx due to the concert in LV cx. Tried calling Expedia, long hold times and SR clueless. $800 lost. I will never book through Expedia again.

Original review: July 21, 2021

This was a horrible experience. Expedia charged me 360$ and 680$. I did the refund request for issues and I never stayed at the hotel because Expedia overcharged me two times and when I got to the hotel they wanted a bunch of money for incidentals. And it wasn't on my card my credit score went down 91 points because my card went over because of Expedia and now they will not refund my money and I am very upset. They told me I had to contact the hotel and the hotel tells me I have to contact Expedia.

Expedia author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1996, Expedia is one of the oldest online travel companies. It was created by a team at Microsoft.

• Hotel price guarantee: Expedia will not only match lower offers but also give customers $50 for finding cheaper rates.

• Expedia+points: Purchases earn travelers points that they can exchange for discounts.

• +VIP Access: +VIP Access members get free amenities and services at select hotels.

• Visitor guides: Expedia provides visitor guides to help vacationers find interesting things in their destination cities.

• Mobile deals: The Expedia mobile app gives users access to exclusive deals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team