1.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

3446 Expedia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I buy two tickets in Expedia and when I get to the airport the airline say my booking was cancel. They don’t give any reason and they don’t know when is the day they going to change the reservation I did more than 2 months in advance. Call Expedia to try to get reimbursed for the service I didn’t get and they don’t help me at all. They just say they are not responsible... So my question is what are Expedia responsible for??? So easy to make money but when the consumer have a problem they just wash their hand and do anything to help so please do not book anything in Expedia.com because they don’t gonna take responsibility for nothing.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We planned a birthday getaway to Las Vegas back in August of 2017. Wanted it to be a great, relaxing, fun filled weekend. She likes Expedia so we went there (my first try). Booked a decent rate for the flight there through Alaska and a return home flight from Spirit. $699 which included a car rental at about $150! Not bad?! We decided to move up our departure time and contacted Alaska who charged an additional $89 per ticket change fee and tried to charge $125 per ticket for the process but did not in the end. That was bad enough, but then we had to change the time of our car rental to the morning of... Expedia "refunded" the original amount and there was a charge of a bit more from Alamo to Fox rental agencies. Not a problem.

What they did not tell us was that Spirit charges for everything else so my larger bag which costs me $25 to check with Alaska costs me $50 with Spirit and those two "carry ons" that Alaska charged zero for, cost an additional $55 each on Spirit. The weight was 12 lbs over on the checked bag which cost $30 more?! So before we could even print out a boarding pass we were forced to pay an additional $220 for luggage! Then, Spirit does not "assign" seats so in order to ensure I could sit with my Lady, the birthday girl, WE were forced to pay an additional $15 per seat each bringing our return flight to an additional $250 before we ever stepped on the plane or went through the TSA check??!

Expedia has now left me on hold after talking to a rep and a supervisor who was nowhere near empowered to do anything or make a decision about this for an on-going 1 hour and 25 minutes thus far?! Apparently I am waiting to speak with the supervisor's supervisor who is on the phone dealing with another patron's issues?!? It gave me enough time to write this?! and I am still waiting!!! Never again...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I purchased a package plan with insurance for a vacation in San Juan with my family. Unfortunately, our flight date was right after Hurricane Maria had hit Puerto Rico. I had called ahead of time and cancelled the hotel and flights. During my calls, the CSR told me that I could cancel the flights and get a credit to rebook for later - HOWEVER, if JetBlue changes the refund policy for the hurricane, I am eligible for a refund - and the CSRs told me to just keep checking back.

JetBlue did post an update saying that any flights cancelled by the company due to the hurricane situation is eligible for a refund. Well, guess what, another Expedia CSR said I can't get a refund because I had requested the cancellation first -- regardless of what they had told me before. $670 charge on the flights and they only said, - “Sorry we apologize but we cannot do anything about it”. Why would you tell your customer to cancel if you knew the policy says no refund if the customer initiated? Extremely frustrating at how they scam their customers for money. Borderline fraudulent.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have never had an experience with ANY type of company in ANY industry quite like the one I've had with Expedia over the past year. Their failure to disclose information, blatant lies and horrible customer service are a just skimming the surface of the issues that I have with how they run their business. I will reluctantly retell my story in an attempt to benefit someone else who may be considering using Expedia.

(SPOILER ALERT - If you don't feel like reading this incredibly long and detailed review but you're interested in knowing if you should use this company. Long story short: DON'T DO IT): My experience began with a customer service representative back in March. He was unwilling to help, rude, and kept me on the line for over an hour, transferring me back and forth between different people with ultimately no resolution to the problem at hand. In an attempt to appease me and compensate for my horrible experience, I was issued a "$100 voucher" which would be credited to my account. No further information was disclosed and I was not informed of any exclusions, aside from needing to redeem the voucher by March 2018.

Because I am forgiving and believe in second chances, I made the stupid mistake of attempting to book travel through Expedia again. YET AGAIN I was unable to apply my voucher to my reservation, so after scouring the website and FAQ's for a solution (which, may I add, there was literally NO information regarding my voucher and no links to click for exclusions, details, etc.) I decided to call customer service. I sat on hold until someone finally spoke with me and informed me that I couldn't use my voucher on stand alone flights - it had to be a hotel+flight bundle. I was irritated because this information wasn't disclosed beforehand, but okay... fair enough. I ended up booking my trip on the website anyway and figured I would use the voucher at a later date.

Today I spent 4 hours trying to book a trip to Florida, HOTEL+FLIGHT BUNDLES, and when it came time to pay I experienced the same problem I did last time - the voucher would not apply. I figured it was a glitch in the website so I decided to call the sales department and try to book over the phone. The lady who worked with me started off very friendly and helpful, until it came time to apply the voucher. She was, and I quote: "unable to apply the voucher because the airline I am flying with is a discount airline (Frontier)".

I was immediately irritated because I spoke with customer service regarding this voucher on two separate occasions prior to the conversation I was currently having and not one of them mentioned this- Even after I called to specifically ask about exclusions! She tried to diffuse the situation by offering to help me find a new flight- One that was $106 more expensive than the one I currently had saved to book and, to add insult to injury, it was with Spirit Airlines- Another discount airline!

At this point I got angry. Clearly she thought I was stupid and didn't know what Spirit was or she thought I would be too elated over getting to use the $100 voucher that I wouldn't notice my end total was actually higher than the bundle I had spent hours meticulously choosing? And that's even without any discounts applied! I expressed this to her and asked to speak to her supervisor who gave me the same response about Frontier Airlines being the issue then offered to "find me a new hotel that is more in my price range". I asked to speak to her manager.

I was placed on hold and transferred to yet another employee who I had to have the exact same conversation with. As it turns out, both of the previous reps lied to me- the voucher has nothing to do with "discount airlines". This was the moment that I realized what a horrible company Expedia is and the issue become one of integrity, not money. I didn't care what they were willing to offer me, I just kept asking for an explanation on why they handle situations how they do and what the rationale behind offering a disgruntled consumer an UNUSABLE travel voucher is. I obviously didn't receive any viable response. He offered to send the names of the employees who spoke with me to corporate and I made it very clear that my intention was not to get anybody fired, I just wanted answers.

I will say that although infuriating, the man I spoke with last tried very hard to appease me after everything was said and done. The $100 voucher turned into a $150 voucher that "couldn't be applied before purchasing" but "would be refunded back to my account afterwards"... HA! Call me old-fashioned, but I will NEVER trust or give another dollar of my money to an alarmingly opaque company that treats me like I'm an inconvenience. DO NOT USE EXPEDIA. Any intelligent person with an ounce of integrity should save themselves the precious time and headache and just use a different service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have been using Expedia for years and more so this year after dating someone who lives in a different stay so I book a lot of hotels and flights. This recent flight booking with them has put me over the edge to never book flights with them ever again. I recently booked 2 one way flights with JetBlue, one through the JetBlue site, and one through Expedia. I did this because I had credits on the JetBlue site for their apology with canceling my flight. I also had credit with Expedia for a JetBlue flight because I had to cancel a flight I had booked.

My original flight with Expedia that was cancelled was a Blue level seat. When I called to use the credit for a new flight, I requested Blue Plus (the only difference in service is that 1 checked bag is included). The Expedia rep put me on hold while she confirmed with JetBlue that there is no other difference with the ticket levels and that they could switch this for me. After this was confirmed, I was told I was now booked on a Blue Plus ticket for after New Years. However, a confirmation would not come through, so the rep created a confirmation and e-mailed it to me.

When I checked the flight on JetBlue, it was for a Blue ticket. I called Expedia back saying I was given the wrong ticket type. I was then transferred twice to a "manager" who said they needed to pull the recording to make sure that was what I requested and it would take 48 hours. 48 hours later I got an e-mail saying they will contact me in 72 hours. That was on October 21st. It is November 8th, and I have not been contacted.

I am currently on the phone with Expedia after calling them about this issue and I am told there is no record of me requesting a Blue Plus based on my original reservation or my current one. I told this rep multiple times I had a case number which he did not request until 33 minutes into this call. I have never contacted a company that has consistently told me there is no record of anything and that I would have to pay cancellation fees to fix the problem. After finally searching my case, he found the info that was said to not exist. This is the last time I will ever book with Expedia again. When I called JetBlue for a flight adjustment, my call was 1 minute and 20 seconds. Not multiple 1+ hr calls that go nowhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I recently booked two airline tickets from Melbourne to London via Expedia for travel in 2018. I chose the Expedia option for a Qantas code share ticket on Emirates flights, the Expedia option quoted the Qantas flight numbers. After paying for the booking I received confirmation but discovered that the bookings had Emirates flight codes not Qantas flight codes. The difference is that although we would be on the same aircraft, with a Qantas code we would receive many more frequent flyer and status points. It seems to me that there has been misrepresentation in the Expedia website, we didn't get what we ordered.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My wife and I booked a flight, rent a car and a Spa resort hotel in Jacksonville, Fl. in June. November 4th we get an e-mail from the HOTEL asking why we cancelled. Nothing from Expedia. We called the hotel and they checked for us and found out Expedia cancelled, not us. They had cancelled 2 of our 4 days. The hotel reinstated the two days that wasn't double booked and said they would contact Expedia for us about the other 2 days. Next thing we know, Expedia cancelled our 2 days at the Spa resort and gave us 4 days at a Best Western down the road about 3 miles.

We contacted them and the long and short of it was Deal with it. This is what you got. My wife and I would like to know why we got kicked when we had reservations since June. Nobody could tell us that or help in any way. If we wanted rooms at the Best Western, that is where we would have booked. Not to mention, what if the hotel had not E-mailed us. We would have had no rooms. So just book your stuff yourself. Little more hassle up front, but worth it in the end.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I only had a small problem with Expedia but they use the Thrifty rental car and I was very dissatisfied with them. So Expedia offer to $25 coupon if we use them again but I don't think that's a satisfactory response.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

American Airlines (AA) has no concerns for family values and unexpected emergencies. I was truly disappointed at the high price I paid to travel from Atlanta to Allentown to attend my brother's funeral. (Friday, October, 27th) AA did NOT offer discounted rates for bereavement; I was only going for the weekend to try to rush back for the birth of my 1st granddaughter. Both flights leaving out and returning to Atlanta were connecting flights in Charlotte, NC. My return flight was for Sunday, Oct. 29th at 4:42 p.m. from Allentown arriving in Atlanta at 9:47 pm.

My son's wife went into labor Sunday morning and I called AA to try to leave on an earlier flight to get to the hospital for the delivery of my granddaughter. I called AA to see if they would put me on an earlier flight, they said they could not do it and any changes would cost an additional $75. I said NO, I had already paid $784 for this weekend ticket and no way I would I pay any more money to this airline. I informed the agent on the phone that I will never travel on this airline again since they are not "Family Friendly". This airline, American Airlines does not support the "American Dream" which is helping families during unexpected tragedies or early childbirth experiences.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I booked a hotel reservation through Expedia a month prior to my travel plans, was charged right away for my hotel room. I traveled 5 hours get to my hotel only to find out that they are sold out, apparently the hotel and Expedia do not communicate on the reservations that are made. I will never use Expedia for my travel reservations again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Had to cancel a flight do to an emergency. When I booked the flight I paid extra for the cancelation insurance. When I went to make another flight they told me I would not receive the refund even though I paid for the insurance!! Was out over $500... The only thing they gave me back was $19 that I paid for the insurance.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Broken dreams. Vacation to Atlantis Bahamas, Hurricane Irma had to Cancel. Then paid with Debit Card months in advance. NO Refund or a new vacation. When we paid $2639.97 Spent Hours on the phone trying to cancel. We did get an Airlines Credit but no hotel. They kept our money??? They wanted us to rebook the Hotel and pay another $3100. And wait for or get a refund. Tried to get a vacation May 2-7 TPA-NAS.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

June 15 I purchased from Expedia two airline tickets for Rome Italy and total protection insurance, the airline was Air Berlin. On November 3 Expedia called me and said Air Berlin went bankrupt and my tickets for November 17 would not be honored, I would have to find a new airline at my own cost. I was informed that my total protection insurance doesn't cover airlines going bankrupt. After three hours of arguing with Expedia on the phone Expedia said the best that Expedia could do is give me my 70.00 dollars insurance money back and I should contact Air Berlin for the 1,100.00 dollars for the airline tickets. I told Expedia selling insurance as total protection should mean total protection, answer was, "We can't help you."

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I booked a room with Expedia at a Marriott in Maryland. Discovered the standard rate on rooms were $40 less than my Expedia rate. Called Expedia and they said I would have to discuss it with the hotel. The hotel said I would have to discuss with Expedia. In any case, I am stuck with the rate that can't be cancelled or reduced. I will do my best to share my Expedia experience to keep others from making the same mistake. Maybe a class action effort would help.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Expedia is absolutely the worst choice to purchase your flight tickets! I made a reservation via their website last Monday, selecting a morning flight from DC to Atlanta. Yesterday, they sent me a confirmation indicating that I chose to fly out of DC at 8 pm and arriving Atlanta at after 10 pm. I called and they gave me the runaround for their errors. They wanted me to pay $200 to fix their error. After keeping me on hold for hours, and getting nowhere with a satisfactory resolution, I had to cancel my flight for Friday. They said cancellation would cost me $200, and the balance would have to be applied to future purchase of flight through the airline (American Airlines). What? This is my 2nd bad experience with them and I wouldn’t advise anyone to do business with Expedia. Their customer service is the worst I have ever to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I booked a trip to Sweden through Expedia. Months before the trip, I had to cancel the trip because of my wife's health. Expedia refuses to refund the money even though I followed their policies. They then emailed me stating the airline is responsible for the refund, then emailed me stating the refund has already been made but my bank took my money. They refuse to help or give my money back. My bank even verified that no refund has been made. DO NOT USE EXPEDIA.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was contacted by Expedia that I had a flight scheduled that I didn't book. So when I try to get my money back because someone had stole my credit card. They told me that they couldn't do that and so I'd have to use the flight. So then after 2 days of contacting them back and forth I asked him to add my daughter. I said, "Fine. I'll make a vacation out of it. Please add my two-year-old." They booked her as an infant. They sent me a new itinerary and then when I got to the airport she couldn't fly so I spent on hold for 4 hours after my flight had already previously left trying to get stuff fixed and they couldn't do anything about it. The best part is the people next to me had the same issue. They were traveling with two children and they booked both of them as infants. Those people had to pay $3,000 to get their flights fixed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

After booking two round trip tickets and a car rental for a week thought we had everything done. When we get to where we were renting the car on the 24th of October, were told then that though we had paid for rental and insurance, we didn't pass the credit check so couldn't rent car. We were stranded at airport till family rescued us.

After calling Expedia we were told we would be refunded in a week (which was not good news as we could have used that money for another rental). After calling today we were told that the process had been started but not completed (though somehow the insurance part wasn't started at all. And we were also informed that it actually takes up to a week just to get the email that refund has been started, it will take up to 15 days to receive money. And the main car rental refund was with someone else and they have to contact that person to have them finish the refund process, which could be another 2-5 days till we get an email for THAT!! So then there will be another week to 2 week to actually RECEIVE our entire refund for something that wasn't our fault! DO NOT USE EXPEDIA!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I bought lodging for 10/05/2017-10/09/2017 in Cancun, Caracol in Mexico. The day before the trip a tropical storm appeared in the Gulf, that would turn to a hurricane. AA canceled flights, therefore we couldn't leave the USA. I contacted Expedia telling them I wanted a refund, they told me they needed to contact the resort because they have my money. I told them I purchased the lodging thru Expedia and they should refund my money. They emailed for a week and stated that I would receive a partial refund because they would charge me for a night’s stay. I told them this was unacceptable and I wanted a full refund because we COULDN'T go. They finally sent an email a week late stating that I would receive a full refund. Till this day I haven't.

Luckily, my credit card is thru PenFed, and they had my back and as of today, have reversed the charges. Expedia stopped communicating, and the last phone call I made to them, the rep told me to hold, and literally kept me on hold for 3.5 hrs on the phone. The rep, would click in every 30 mins and check if I hung up. Finally she blind transferred me to some "Gold member department". They purposely did this. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I booked a room through Expedia. I was checking out the hotel reviews and realized I made a huge mistake. I immediately called the hotel to cancel. The phone rang for two minutes. No one picked up. I then called Expedia. They told me if I cancel I won't get a refund. I called the credit card company and was told the same thing. Now I have to book another hotel and pay for the first one too. Pretty expensive night stay. What a ripoff. I won't be using Expedia again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Horrible experience with getting receipts from Expedia for travel bookings. When you go back to their site to look at your history of purchases it is very difficult to obtain the costs specific to your travel. I had problems getting receipts for airfares and rental cars. Especially with rental cars from Avis. In addition I cannot get the breakdown of the costs associated with the Avis rental car, the daily rental fee and taxes. To top it off when you call Expedia you are talking with a person with a strong accent which is very difficult to understand. I currently have another upcoming trip and cannot go to their site to see what the rental car fee will be that I booked. How frustrating. What company does business like this.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We booked a hotel for one day with Expedia but it was not a one day booking. You had to booked two days so that was more money??? Then the room we're supposed to be two big rooms but we only got one bedroom and the other were two small rooms that were split so we had to split couples up??? Never again will I booked with Expedia. They messed up all way around and then some.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I purchased the insurance for a flight that advertised that it would "avoid change fees - protect your trip." Expedia failed to mention that although they would not charge a fee, the AIRLINE DOES. I paid $202 for a ticket, and they wanted to charge me $200 to change the date to the following day. They may not be FALSE advertising, but they are definitely deceptive in not mentioning that there are multiple levels of insurance, and the basic one covers only death or cancel due to injury/sickness.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My sister and I booked a trip to Punta Cana with Expedia. We decided to cancel and rebook to a bigger suite. They say if you cancel in less than 24 hrs you get full refund. Which is what we did! My sister got full refund I did not. I called them over ten times spent hours on phone with them, even spoke to two different managers. Both said, "Don't worry we will get your money." "The hotel is not responding but as soon as we get a hold of them will let you know. I spent a month back and forth finally we get to hotel on another reservation. (Me thinking I am getting a refund) I ask hotel what's going on. They say we never received any money so we can't refund anything.

I waste another hour on hold with Expedia they finally say we never received a response from hotel. I say ok well I am here and this is what they are saying. Can I have my refund now? "Ummm we can't give you a refund your room is none refundable!!!" I spent a month calling, waiting hours of my life!! Not once did they say they couldn't give me my money back because my room was none refundable. Yes all rooms are none refundable BUT if you cancel in less than 24 hrs it is refundable. Also, why not say that the first, second or third time I spoke with them? I wouldn't of booked another reservation. Manager promised me not to worry. She also said don't call again we will let you know as soon as it's solved. Well now I owe my credit card 1300 for a room I never used. Also they booked me a flight that was not available.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I booked a hotel with Expedia and had to leave a day early. When I went to the front desk they said I had to cancel with Expedia. I called Expedia and the girl said she couldn't cancel it because her supervisor was out today. 2 days later I get an email saying they couldn't cancel the last day because it was 2 days ago. The hotel was completely full and they could have used the room. Never booking with Expedia again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Problem: Jet Airways had canceled the flight 1 day before travel. Solution Attempt #1: Me: I called Expedia to get a flight resolution sorted. Expedia: 2 options were given to me, get on a flight 2 days later or get a refund. Me: A flight 2 days later is not an appropriate solution to a flight being canceled. Expedia: Reconfirming I only had 2 options. Me: Agreed to a refund as I was told there was no way I was getting a flight on the same day. Before ending the first call I got Jet Airways information and immediately called them after getting off the phone with Expedia. It was unacceptable to me that I was now going to have to book a flight one day before it left as the prices were going to be 2x what I had originally paid. This was Jet Airways problem to fix - not my financial burden!

Solution Attempt #2: Me: Called Jet Airways, explained to them that my flight was canceled and I needed a resolution of a same day alternative flight. Jet Airways: Immediately looked at an alternative company to rebook a same day flight, found a KLM flight that same day, but then realized that I took the refund from Expedia and they were unable to reschedule my flight. Told me call Expedia back.

Solutions Attempt #3 & #4: Me: Called Expedia back, escalated the call to a Supervisor... explained the situation that had I known I should have called Jet Airways first I would not have taken the refund that has now left me with no flight and the financial burden of paying 2x the original flight cost to rebook on my own. I was repeatedly told that this was my problem as I took the refund and there was nothing they could do!

Absolutely appalling and disgusting customer service to leave a customer in this situation. I would have never taken the refund had I known there was an alternative option to get the flight rebook and sorted out with Jet Airways directly. I was completely misinformed and misguided. I called back a second time in desperation of trying to get this sorted as I did not have an additional $1000 dollars to rebook my flight. Conversation with Expedia resulting in the same customer blaming tactics. Icing on the cake, I was informed that my refund was going to take 8 WEEKS! I will NEVER use Expedia again!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Expedia is the worst place to purchase your flight tickets. I called them up to look for the best priced Air flight ticket and wanted to leave the day before Thanksgiving which is on Nov 22nd. The Phone Rep booked my flight in Oct instead of November. Because we were in October I overlooked that she booked it for the wrong month. After noticing their mistake a few days after purchasing my round trip ticket I called Expedia to advise of their mistake and asked them to please fix it. They listened to our phone conversation and verified that I did ask for a flight the day before Thanksgiving but still did not refund me my money.

I had lost all of my money on this and they didn’t do anything to make things better. I ended up having to repurchase my roundtrip tickets! Expedia told me that the rep that helped me is overseas and they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving so she didn’t know it was in November, This is not an acceptable excuse, here in America the airlines are very busy, the tickets alone are double the normal price due to the holiday so they hire overseas people and we take the hit. I would avoid this company at all cost!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Expedia sold us travel insurance on a recent trip from a company called AON. I had a medical emergency and an Eye operation shortly before the trip departure date. I filed a claim and was told by AON that it would take 7 to 10 days to process. Since then I have received weekly requests for additional information and numerous forms that have to be filled out by the Doctors. Recently, we seem to have dropped into a black hole. No payment has been made. Avoid Expedia travel Insurance at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Had to check out a day earlier than planned, hotel was great but after talking to Expedia and explaining everything, they sent confirmation to wrong address. They had put wrong letter in my email address and never changed it like I had asked them too. It may not seem much to some people but I usually don't reserve rooms, just look around but I had 2 dogs I was bringing and wanted to make sure hotel would let them stay. From now on, I'll just call hotel directly.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I went online and reserved a car from Alamo thru Expedia a full size sedan for 3 days. 17.00 a day. The total bill was quoted 123.00. I turned the car in 12 hrs early and also vacuumed it out because it was dusty to begin with and they had ran through a mud hole. I ask the agent at the counter, "Do I get a discount?" She said no. I told her the bill now is 165.00. She said no. I told her, "Now you are charging me 31.00 a day." She said it was because of the fuel purchase now is 34.11. Add that to 123 and you get 157.00. Another different amount-because it is now 165.00. It is because of the daily rate. They changed from 17.00 to 31.00. Add that to 123.00 and you get 165.00.

I called Expedia. They will not give me a refund of 42.00. I ask her did she want me to complain and write a report up. She said, "I have done all I can do. It's because of the fuel option." I said, "No. It's because of the daily rate that you changed that made the amount go up to 165.00." Even if you have a written agreement they will still change it. Never will I do business with them again.

Expedia expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1996, Expedia is one of the oldest online travel companies. It was created by a team at Microsoft.

• Hotel price guarantee: Expedia will not only match lower offers but also give customers $50 for finding cheaper rates.

• Expedia+points: Purchases earn travelers points that they can exchange for discounts.

• +VIP Access: +VIP Access members get free amenities and services at select hotels.

• Visitor guides: Expedia provides visitor guides to help vacationers find interesting things in their destination cities.

• Mobile deals: The Expedia mobile app gives users access to exclusive deals.

• Best for: Domestic, international and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs