2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 2,096 ratings submitted in the last year

Expedia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: April 14, 2021

Booked a flight with cancellation insurance, which I had to cancel due to work requirements, but it turns out that the insurance does not cover it? Tried to contact Expedia to no avail, two hours waiting in line, then tried the virtual assistant, useless! Clearly this is a company whose only interest is to get your money, customer service is not their thing! Will never use it again.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Booked a direct flight from Montreal to Las Vegas, later it got switched for a layover and now I've been told there will be 2 stops and price does not change... Tried calling customer service and been on hold for 97 minutes and counting!!!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Due to COVID 19, Precision Air cancelled a flight that I booked through the Expedia website. The ticket was non-refundable; however due to the circumstances of the cancellation, Precision Air approved the ticket for a full refund. I did not receive a credit back to my credit card account for the approved refund. I contacted Expedia more than 20 times regarding this matter. I have requested to speak with an Expedia supervisor five times, and not one supervisor has contacted me as of the writing of this account. All that I get from Expedia is the process. Their agents are not equipped to handle any irregularities in their process, and they will only repeat Expedia's process and offer an apology.

I regret that I have ever done business with Expedia because they are nonresponsive and ineffective at customer service. I need this refund to help families that I support in Tanzania. It is a shame that Expedia will not help to resolve this matter when I booked through their website. I did not book through the airline's website. If I could give Expedia less than one star, I would. Unfortunately, that is another option that is not available to me. I have been dealing with this matter since August 2020. It is now April 11, 2021.

Original review: April 8, 2021

They just want your money. Expedia took our money and went to our airline, changed its flight number, Expedia did not. We tried to work with them and they refused to work with us. So we had a terrible time checking in. The most atrocious surface I have ever had in my life Next to the airline that blamed Expedia. Well Expedia blamed the airline.

Original review: April 8, 2021

We got a flight and car rental for our trip. We rented a car through Alamo in Denver CO. I purchased the insurance that was offered through Expedia. When we arrived at Alamo they had us use the fast check in on their computers. It asked about insurance, I told the gentleman helping people out that I had done this already through Expedia. He told me to accept that is just an acknowledgment. It showed I was going to be charged over $200.00. He said that is just a holding charge. I reviewed and it was pending in my account then went away 24 hours later.

Fast forward 2 days after I get home, and my card was charged that $200.00 amount. I called Alamo and she said that we would have to contact Expedia if we took at their insurance because they were not notified of it. I called Expedia, sat on hold for 90 min for a gentleman to tell me he personally could not help me and that he will have to send this off to another dept. and he will personally call me back in 38 hours. It has been 7 days since that phone call, I just got an email telling me that my refund has been denied by both Alamo and Expedia. I was now charged $200.00+ more than what I was originally told. Needless to say I will never do business with Expedia again. This is heartbreaking especially given people are on tight budgets and I just wanted to take my kids on a trip for their spring break for the first time in 8 years. Very upsetting.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I booked a vacation package through Expedia last year. I cancelled the trip because of the pandemic. Airlines have issued a 24months travel credit but EXPEDIA is giving the runaround, saying my travel credit expired. They keep me on the phone/chat for hours to then say they lost connection or to call back. Told me to call the airline, the airline said they have nothing to do with 3rd party booking. So they are straight refusing to let me use my travel credit which is not cheap but treating me like I am stupid with these nonsense excuses. More than 6 different agents and every single one of them said something different. I recommend everyone to stay away from using them to book your travel vacations. I was searching online and they have many complaints and many people are suing them. Not only they know a lot of people couldn't travel due to the pandemic but they are refusing to refund people's money or allow them to use the credit.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Tried making reservation thru Expedia. First off the "operator" barely spoke English, finally asked to speak to someone fluent in English, her response was "I Speakee good English" Anywho, tried getting a reservation "with" a senior citizen discount. "We don't give discount." I asked to speak to supervisor, her response was "I a supervisor". After 3 calls I finally got a reservation, no discount, and the reservation was for more days than I was going to be gone from, didn't. But, at dealing with these idiots at 2 a.m. and driving 1200 miles, didn't feel like arguing with them, BUT, WILL NEVER DEAL WITH Expedia again!!!!

Original review: April 5, 2021

This company seems to be going downhill lately. I had to cancel a flight due to needed to book a shorter trip, and when I was given the airline credit Expedia informed me I had to call 866-348-7330. I call the number and it says the wait will only one to two minutes before an agent will get to me. So I tried to call them the first day after the credit finally hit my Expedia account and I waited up to almost three hours and no one ever came to the phone.

Now I'm trying to contact them this afternoon and still the same recording stating it will only be a one to two-minute wait again and now I have been on hold for 40 mins. Time is something that I value you the most because you can never get it back and I feel like this company is definitely causing a lot of problems. All I want to do is book my flights before the prices go up and I will have to pay even more out of pocket. I also feel like this is what the company wants a lot of folks to do so that they can get some credit etc. Please someone from corporate reach out to me as soon as possible and let everyone who spent they hard earn money book their own flights if they want to with their credits.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Today I had horrible experience dealing with customer service at Expedia. I only had to call them because I had to use my airplane credit. First, she could not process my payment because something was wrong and it would not accept my credit card. While I was waiting on phone, ticket price went up and I had to pay extra $40. Representative also booked a ticket for my husband but misspelled his name. I asked to fixed it but I was told that Expedia has to cancel already booked ticket and book new one and I have to pay extra $40. Finally, after spending around 5 hours on phone, Expedia hung up on me and I was not able to call them back because there was a message that number is not valid.

Original review: March 31, 2021

This company ripped me off $150. Changed my booking date after I made the reservation. Which left me sleeping in my car with my children outside a horrible neighborhood in Miami Florida. When I tried to contact them about it I was treated very badly by their customer service. And when I message them on their social media every other message from them said, "What can I help you with." As in they had no clue why I was contacting them. This is a absolutely atrocious company and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Expedia author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1996, Expedia is one of the oldest online travel companies. It was created by a team at Microsoft.

• Hotel price guarantee: Expedia will not only match lower offers but also give customers $50 for finding cheaper rates.

• Expedia+points: Purchases earn travelers points that they can exchange for discounts.

• +VIP Access: +VIP Access members get free amenities and services at select hotels.

• Visitor guides: Expedia provides visitor guides to help vacationers find interesting things in their destination cities.

• Mobile deals: The Expedia mobile app gives users access to exclusive deals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team