2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.5/5 (2150 ratings)

About Expedia

Expedia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: May 15, 2021

When my wife and I were looking for a hotel we were quite surprised. We thought we would have to book a mile away from Niagra Falls. Actually we could see the falls from our room what a gift Expedia! Thank You for giving us old HoneyMooners the times of our Lives.!

Original review: May 6, 2021

They find me the best price consistently. I always save money using this site. No matter if it is a hotel or airline I am confident that they will find me the best price and schedule. They have the most destinations as well.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Very good website. Use it all the time for my trips, easy to use and they tell you all about the rooms and the hotel. We went to Tombstone and the place we stayed was just what they said on the website.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Only thing I didn’t like about this, is that when you get to motel they act like they have no idea what you’re talking about when you tell them you used Expedia, if it just didn’t take so long in their website to just order a room. It’s crazy.

Original review: April 30, 2021

This site provided the exact details of what I needed: it even help me with scheduling a car rental. So, if you are considering taking a trip. I would definitely look into checking out the Expedia website.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I booked hotel through Expedia (itinerary **). When I canceled my hotel reservation to change dates, they took my money for reservation ** and are not willing to refund me or reinstate the booking. And they did not warn me I will not get refunded. Hotel told me they did not receive money and that my agent (Expedia) took my money.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

We purchased our airline tickets through Expedia and paid extra to lock in our seat selection ahead of time for a very long flight. Five days before our flight, we checked on the airline website and there was only one seat reserved instead of two. I called the airline and they told me Expedia was responsible for solving the problem—it was their block ticket. Expedia customer service told me it was the airline’s problem and refused to let me speak to a supervisor. After going around and around, the agent put me on hold, came back on the line and told me everything was fine. This turned out to be completely incorrect. We did not have a second seat. After reciting this story with friends, it appears it happens all the time with Expedia. People show up to the airport thinking their seats are all set and they are not….so you’re stuck sitting in a middle seat for endless hours. I’m very dissatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA!! Idk why I allow them to screw me over again. I booked 3 rooms for 3 adults and 1 child. Expedia, booked me for an executive suite (1 room) which by the way wasn't an option when I booked (internationally btw). The rooms are non refundable and the hotel refused to waive the fee and rebook the 3 rooms. Now I'm forced to book 2 additional rooms at nearby hotels because of their error. I will seek legal advice because I'm positive this is illegal for them to do. Never will used them again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I would like to give no star if possible but I can’t. I went to California for 1 day only ended up renting a car for that day. Expedia website takes you 2 weeks ahead every time you are trying to rent a car making you changing manually the actual date that you wanted for…. I was looking for options so I went back a forward on the page without noticing that they have changed the reservation date those two weeks ahead.

When I arrived to the rental car they told me to rent out another car there of course at a different rate $99 (almost double of what I paid to Expedia $57) and Fox Rental told me that with my new confirmation number Expedia was going to make a refund… immediately after I called Expedia before even doing my reservation only to avoid issues on my refund EXPEDIA assured me that I was going to get the refund. So I went ahead and rent it the car on site within 7 days. In 5 days received an email saying that Fox was not going to give me the money back. So I called Fox and they told me that nobody from Expedia have contact them on regards of my case. Ended up paying between Expedia and Fox Rental $156 for an economy car for 1 day!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I would like to give no star. Due to a family emergency, which eventually resulted in unexpected brain surgery on my spouse on 7/30, I cancelled a one night reservation for 7/22 at the New Haven Hotel on George Street in New Haven 3 days (7/18) after making and paying Expedia $205.00 for the room on 7/16. I immediately notified the hotel which said okay and referred me to Expedia for a refund. I tried to contact Expedia via chat, but couldn't get through, then called them the next day and explained the circumstances. Expedia asked for the name of the hotel person who approved the cancellation. I called the hotel back, got that name, and provided it to Expedia Expedia said that they would have to verify. Then I heard nothing more.

I also started a billing dispute through my credit card company. I was just informed, in mid September, that Expedia's response was merely that no credit was due. I wish that I have read all the other reviews on Consumer Affairs about the poor quality of Expedia before I booked through them. I will never received anything of value for my $205 and I will never use their service again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

DO NOT USE EXPEDIA!!!! We purchased a ticket for our daughter with cancellation protection as an upgrade. The "AIRLINE" cancelled the flight and did not offer a comparable flight as an option. We contacted EXPEDIA, they told us to contact the airline. The airline told us they would authorize a refund but it would take 30 days and would be issued through EXPEDIA. We waited NOTHING!!! We contacted Expedia 31 days later, they told us tough THEY TOOK OUR MONEY, they gave us nothing back!!! CROOKS!!!! They will not help you!!! They are rude and deceptive. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

DO NOT USE EXPEDIA OR YOU'LL LOSE MONEY. I rent a car from Fox via carrentals.com and paid $1,707. However, when I got the car, the invoice showed $767. I called Fox directly and Fox confirmed that they only got $767 and Expedia profited $940 just being the middle man (more than the rental price). When I emailed Expedia, they always delayed by the excuse of "waiting to hear from the vendor" and then complete silence despite my efforts to follow up by emails/calls. I have the invoice with me as proof. You'd better rent a car directly from the companies than through this 3rd party. They claimed to get you better deals but it's not true. I lost money but wanted to warn people so they will not end up like me.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I booked a "transferable" trip USA to UK and paid $2,650. I had to cancel and rearrange the dates, and when I did the fare was $611 less. I was told the difference was only useable on the new booking due to the airline policy (Virgin Atlantic), so I asked to upgrade seats. I was told I would have to contact the airline directly. I did so and learned from Virgin that they had only been paid $2,037 and the rest of my money remained with Expedia, and they told me "this happens frequently," and I would have to call Expedia to try and get a seat upgrade. Expedia played dumb, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they held me on the phone for 44 minutes before dropping the line. Lies about "Airline Policy" and acting deliberately to pocket my remaining money. Never again Expedia!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

We booked our honeymoon through Expedia and had a miserable experience with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We were scheduled to leave at midnight. Our flight was canceled and we were put on an earlier flight that would cause us to miss our wedding. I called the airline to find out what our options were. The airline (Air France) was friendly and looked at alternative flights with me. We selected one. They made notes on the booking about the new flights, but told me I had to call Expedia because ultimately Expedia would have to reissue the tickets as they issued them in the first place.

I called Expedia 4 times and had 4 horrible experiences. I waited on hold each time just to have an agent be unable to help me. One Expedia agent suggested I call back tomorrow, I let him know that I had waited on hold for a while and I’d like to resolve the issue today if possible. The agent said “No if you call tomorrow we will prioritize your call and there will be no wait.” I asked him how they would do this, would my phone number be saved? He admitted actually no, everything would be the same and I’d wait on hold, he just couldn’t figure out what to do and he’d rather I talk to a different agent tomorrow.

On a different occasion, speaking with a different agent, the agent continued to speak over me and offer me flights that left earlier in the day and I calmly reminded him that we needed a flight that left later or the next day. He even offered me the exact flight that I was calling to get off of and when I tried to point this out, he just spoke over me repeating “Very very good flight, good deal, very good flight.” I tried to call Air France again and they said unfortunately Expedia had to reissue the tickets. I asked to speak to a manager at Expedia and twice was told they weren’t immediately available, but would call me back by the end of the day. I never received a call back.

We couldn’t plan the rest of our honeymoon because we did not know when we would actually arrive at our destination. One day, we had a five hour drive and I spent the entire time on the phone with Expedia. At the end of the drive it still wasn’t resolved and I was in tears. I just needed our tickets to be reissued for a later flight as our original flight was canceled. Finally I got through to an agent who could help me. He reissued tickets on a flight that worked. I was so relieved. When we got to the airport to start our honeymoon, the check in attendant let me know that the Expedia agent had issued my husband's ticket correctly and mine incorrectly and I did not have a ticket for the flight, although I had been charged for one and had a confirmation number and everything. I will never use Expedia again. It is not worth it. I am so sad and disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Booked a direct flight, hotel suite room and car package on my trip to Omaha Nebraska in June. The airline changed my direct flight to a layover flight and when I arrived to my hotel I was assigned a basic room. I called Expedia and after 3 hours on hold, I decided to use their virtual agent. Virtual software kept on circling back, and after numerous attempts got to a real agent that only gave me the runaround and no real resolution. My room situation never got fixed and never received a refund. This was in June and it's now September and haven't heard back from anyone. In addition, I never got a refund on the difference from direct to layover flight either. I would not recommend Expedia to anyone!!! One of the most useless customer service I've experienced.

Expedia Company Information