3.5/5 (1409 ratings)

About Expedia

Expedia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I bought airplane tickets from Expedia for me and family a few month ago to fly to NY and it was time to travel tomorrow August the 2nd, got a phone call from my brother in NY that they have tested positive for the Corona Virus so I had to cancel. I bought insurance and still Expedia gave me a hard time and it was a nightmare to deal with. They stole my money. I could not file with the Insurance either, Nightmare to deal with too, all crooks. I would NEVER EVER buy airplane tickets from EXPEDIA OR ANY SCAM WEBSITE EVER, go directly to the airline's website and get your tickets.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I booked flights for a trip to Europe thru Expedia. It was to be followed by a cruise, which has been planned and saved for, for many years. The Expedia agent misspelled my name. I contacted them and requested a correction. The agent advised he would contact the airline for approval and to wait 72 hours or 3 days. After waiting 4 days without a response, I called Expedia. They can/will not correct the spelling and I was told it is up to the airline. They offered to send an email to the airline. I was told to wait another 3 days. To resolve the problem, I offered to cancel the flight, (eventually I would receive a refund) and immediately rebook during our phone call. To do that, I would need to pay a cancellation fee plus an additional cost as the airfare had increased since my original booking - approx. $1000 in total! To correct their mistake. I refused and was told to wait another 3 days.

I called back and said that since Expedia made the error, they should be accountable and pay the resultant cancellation fee and the difference in price. That is impossible and against the airline rules, I was told. I asked that a supervisor be consulted. The reply was, he already had. So the airline is saying the responsibility is with Expedia and they say it is up to the airline and the passenger is expected to pay for their error! Later that day, I learned I will not be allowed to board the plane unless the name on the ticket is consistent with my passport. I cannot use a ticket I paid for, unless I pay another $1000! Btw, Expedia did listen to the recorded call, when I booked the flights, and the agent did not ask for the spelling of my name. So another call back to Expedia and I asked for the issue escalation process. I want this problem solved. No luck. Just told to wait 72 hours.

Now I am a senior, I've already paid $5500. for hotels, the flights, a cruise, insurance and feel I am being coerced into paying another grand for Expedia's clerical error OR, not take my trip of a lifetime and lose all my money. Expedia is not being accountable and make solving the problem impossible and by blaming the airline for their error. Charging customers extra, to correct mistakes Expedia make, is almost criminal. It is exploiting customers. To be fair, the agents are polite.

I've heard "apologize for the inconvenience" repeatedly. They are stating the narrative they are trained to and cannot help.

I have contacted Visa to see if I can be refunded for the flight, as I am not allowed to board the plane even though I paid for it, in full! Dispute resolution may take 8 weeks, long after my trip would be over. I have receipts and my itinerary with misspelled name and would transfer or put it on this report but as a senior am not tech smart. Please, stay away from Expedia. Go to the airlines directly, save your money.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Following a booking cancellation a month ago, I am wishing to use my pending credit of 1420$. It turns out that I have had the worst experience ever with the customer service keeping on hold up to 2 hours until no alternative was offered. The second person has clearly mentioned that she couldn’t rebook me and my fiancé with Ethiopian airlines as advising to give her the flight details directly sourced from the website of Ethiopian airlines. No alternative was given. I mentioned that the airline doesn’t reply after many attempts. She sent an email. That’s it. I gave a timeframe of 15 days from Dubai to Paris for a round ticket. I even said that I am flexible with the time, dates and prices. Instead I am now with 1420$ pending credit on your website that I can’t use.

I would like you to take your responsibility, I paid Expedia for a Service accepting the terms and conditions when canceling. You have a responsibility since you decided to take my money. You have outsourced the services with a third party which doesn’t not reply to emails, phone calls as per not having no other way to be reach out. Could you contact me to find a solution as quick as possible? Thanks.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I purchased a vacation package from Expedia. I also purchased travel protection, just in case. Of course, something came up and I had to cancel my trip. While it clearly states, what is covered, it says, "Trip Cancelation." I canceled several days before the deadline. Yet, Expedia, refused to refund my money. What a bunch of scumbags!!!! I am now going through both the Better Business Bureau and the Dept. of Banking and Insurance. I highly recommend dealing with a different travel agency. Very disappointed!!!!

Original review: July 28, 2022

I booked a resort with the impression from the Expedia menu that the resort could accommodate a wheelchair and the grounds were accessible. After a 5 hour drive with 5 children, husband who is paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair and a dog we were stranded for 3 hours attempting to find a place. After being told by Expedia that the Doubletree by Hilton could not accommodate us I called myself and booked our own place. So unprofessional!!! Being told I would be called back and sitting in my car with my family expecting to be on vacation and left with nothing!!! Then to be told that you were not going to refund my money!!! **!!! I expect my refund and I should be compensated for my loss and aggravation and sheer stupidity!!! Get your act together!!!

Original review: July 27, 2022

I booked hotel reservations for a trip for myself and friends who were travelling to Scotland. These reservations were made many months before our trip (January for July trip). Expedia asks for payment at time of booking and sent confirmations of the booking. When we arrived at the hotel there were no reservations in the hotels system, as Expedia had never sent them. After much delay the hotel found us what I would call a substandard room. My friends arrived later that day and their reservation also was not sent from Expedia to the hotel. The hotel offered a room to my friends in their attic that was around 90 degrees, and no air conditioning. At 10pm my friends had to go to another hotel. After significant effort we did get our money refunded by Expedia. I booked all of my other hotels at Booking.com. No money up front and all of our bookings were flawless (8 other hotel bookings). Never again with Expedia.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Worst outsourced customer service, cant understand. And no one ever knows anything that is going on. I have been trying to update name on a flight reservation, 5 days now, ridiculous. Every time I call I get a different story. Save your self the trouble and book direct with airline.

Original review: July 19, 2022

My flight was cancelled and needed to cancel the Paris hotel 1 day early. The hotel agreed but since booked by Expedia they needed to send a cancellation request. Spent hours on with their virtual assistant late at night and the next day called the long-distance number. The person on the call did not know how to do this and after 15 minutes we were disconnected and no callback. Called back and finally resolved. The hotel reservation desk similarly was calling Expedia. If something goes wrong Expedia is not helpful. I will never use them again.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Quite surprised to see many bad reviews. I use Expedia since more than 5 years to buy flights or packages and never had bad issues. I can only recommend Expedia from my whole experience, but respect for the other people's opinion whatever it be.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Horrible service, long wait times, line disconnections, staff lacks expertise, bad advice, "legalese" approach forever hiding behind nebulous policies, not client-centric, and worst of all... they don't take responsibility for their mistakes, nor do they remediate fully. End result: you are bound to feel badly serviced, disappointed, and infuriated.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I booked my flight to the Philippines last year for July 19, 2021 via Expedia with the airlines AA and Qatar airways. There was a bad weather in Dallas w/c turned out I miss my flight. So ended up canceled my trip. Then, I been communicating the airlines and I was approved for refund and that Expedia are the one will process the refund because via third party. To cut the story short, until now I haven’t received a refund because Expedia will always say, will wait for the airlines for them to process the refund on their end. So, I contacted the airlines and the airlines said, the refund has been forwarded to the Expedia. So, Expedia is the one who will forward the refund to the card I used to booked. But until now, the Expedia doesn’t do anything, just keep pointing fingers to the airlines. It’s almost a year, I don’t know, when they refund me! I’ll never used this company anymore after 13 years of using this company in every booking I need.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I booked a bucket list trip to a safari in Africa through Expedia. On the day of departure our originating flight experienced a mechanical delay. As a result of this delay, we missed all connections and the safari. At the time of the delay, Expedia was no help trying to find a replacement flight. They said it was the airlines responsibility. Long story, short, Expedia has provided incorrect information in our efforts to get refunds from the airlines involved. As a result, we are to receive a credit from an airline we will probably never fly. Also, I'm at an age that I may never be able to attempt this again. My recommendation is to never use Expedia. I know I won't. Terrible service.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Booked a hotel in Spain and had to cancel due to testing Covid postive. I "protected" the trip. The hotel said they didn't charge me and I should get a refund from Expedia. Expedia tried to blame it on the "hotel" policy and that the hotel would not give me a refund. I sent the letter from the hotel to the Expedia Travel team several times. They're still blaming it on the hotel. I have protected trips in the past and have never seen refunds or credits from Expedia.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I booked a flight for three people on 06082022 with EXPEDIA.COM. I've been with this company and booked flights for over 15 years now. I booked this flight as always. I never really pay attention to who the airline carrier is because I trust EXPEDIA. NEVER had problems with them until now. Booked on 06/08/2022. Called to reschedule on 06/11/2022 because, I realized I booked it a week before I'm scheduled for a same day procedure. EXPEDIA stated they were not allowed to reschedule for FRONTIER so I had to call them. Contacted FRONTIER which was charging the full price for the flight I just booked. Rep told me they were only refunding me $236 in which I paid $1,300. I thought well maybe I should just cancel and do it all over again. NOPE!!! NO REFUND AT ALL! I Contacted EXPEDIA to give them the info since I booked through them. EXPEDIA directs me to claims. AIG/TRAVEL/GUARD/AON.

I filed a claim as I was told. Sent them a copy of my appointment date with cancellation#. Not enough. I got an email on Friday 07012022 asking for my Doctor to fill out this long form. Called them back. EXPEDIA says they're not part of this company. I called AIG. They said their partners are the only company that can help you with your REFUND. I asked who's the partner.. He says EXPEDIA. Back to square one and getting nowhere. This is truly a RIP OFF WITH NO ONE WANTING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. THIS SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW!!!! No one answers the CORPORATE # as well. I'm going to spread this all over social media and everyone I know. SMH.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Expedia has ruined our anniversary. I will never use them again. My wife and I, looked to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. We have previously used CheapCaribbean.com, Booking.com, and more recently Expedia.com for our travel bookings. We found the Marigot Bay Resort advertised on Expedia as an all-inclusive stay. The advertisement showed all the popular amenities (Free Wifi, All Inclusive, Breakfast Included, Air Conditioning, Parking Included, and Spa). We continued to proceed with the booking. We decided to upgrade our room to the Junior Suite, 1 King Bed, Bay View. The details below the room was “Sleeps 2, 1 King Bed, Free Breakfast, Free Valet Parking, All-inclusive”.

It was an additional cost to our total but we selected the upgrade. The next screen was our flight details. After selecting our flight, it asked us to “review your trip”. We selected the “Next: Final Details”. The next screen listed the stay and flight info but under the “Who’s checking in?”. It listed the resort, time of stay, and room with details. The details showed ✅All-inclusive, ✅Free parking, ✅Free Wifi.

We arrived at the resort June 23rd, 2022. We checked in to find the resort attempting to upgrade us to all-inclusive. We explained we already purchased an all inclusive stay. They informed us our package was breakfast only. We called Expedia to understand the mishap. We spoke to Giselle explaining that “All-Inclusive” was listed throughout the reservation process. She sent us an email requesting screenshots of our reservation. We explained the misleading information on Expedia.com. Giselle admitted to a mishap on their website. She proceeded to apologize and call the resort to attempt to offer us an all-inclusive stay at the rate booked. The resort refused to honor it. Giselle then spoke to a manager at Expedia and created a case number. Giselle then explained to keep any additional receipts and submitted our charges to Expedia for reimbursement.

My wife then clarified that it would a refund and not a website credit. Giselle confirmed it would be 100% refunded. We asked for this to be emailed to us in writing. We foresaw it being an issue to be refunded, and we were 100% correct. She assured us that it would be emailed and an explanation would be placed in the notes of the case number **. She explained that reimbursement would need to be submitted within 5 business days. She could not email it at that specific time but it would be emailed. We believed her. We went on celebrating our anniversary with the assumption that any expense for lunch, dinner, and drinks would be repaid by Expedia. We never received any email or phone calls from Expedia.

We had a great stay at Marigot Bay. We checked out from the resort with $931.88 bill. We paid it in full assuming we would be able to submit it to Expedia for a reimbursement. We called as soon as we returned to the US. We landed back in New York on June 28th, 2022. I called Expedia around 8pm EST. I explain the situation. I was told a supervisor would give me a call to help with the issue. I received a call from Mike, 30 minutes later. Unfortunately, I was in the restroom and missed the call. He left a message stating that he was returning my call but missed me. He would schedule another follow-up call. I received an email from a supervisor named JC at 8:34pm EST. JC explained that they tried to call us but will schedule another follow-up.

The local business hours were 9am to 9pm. No one tried to call again. All I received was another email saying the same thing at 9:39pm EST. However, I had no missed calls or voice messages. I called Expedia the next day at 9:32 am EST. I didn’t want to miss the “5 business days” previously explained by Giselle. I had to explain the situation to a new representative. I was transferred to a supervisor name Emilio. Emilio stated what was explained to me isn’t how it works. I told him I was explained to charge my card with assumption for reimbursement because that is what was explained to me. He stated he would need to listen to the recording with Giselle before issuing a refund. He would need 72 hours to investigate the issue. He kept assuring me that I would have someone call me back. I told him if no one calls me back. I would be calling back no later then Tuesday, July 5th

I received no callback or email from Expedia. So, I called back on July 5th asking to speak to a supervisor. The representative would not and did not want to transfer me. I had to explain the situation to her. This was probably our 6th time explaining this situation to an Expedia employee. She kept putting us on hold. I’m assuming being a middle person between us and the supervisor. She informed me of a response no one else had told us. It contradicted the agreement explained to us by Giselle and the supervisor on duty back on June 23rd. She stated that the package we purchased was breakfast only. It wasn’t an all inclusive stay.

I told her that I explained it was an Expedia issue and a refund would be issued for any expenses occurred for food and alcohol at the resort. I explain Emilio was supposed to listen to the recording and callback. He didn’t. She emphasized a statement that we didn’t purchase an all inclusive stay. It was breakfast only. I had to continue to ask for a supervisor. She finally transferred Milan **. Milan explained the same situation that he would need to listen to the recording and call me back. He would need 72 hours. We explained we had already heard that from Emilio but we failed to get a return phone call. He said he would callback in 4 hrs. We told him if he doesn’t callback we will callback everyday until we get an update on our refund. He said ok. He didn’t give us a callback.

I called again today (July 6th). I had to explain the situation an 8th time. We were transferred to Mike explaining to him the situation. He explained that this was a breakfast only booking. I asked him to go to the notes and recording from June 23rd. He told me to hold. Mike returned explaining different policies regarding all-inclusive packages. I thought he was going to review the notes and recording. I asked if he had reviewed the recording. He replied that an investigation was done and it was decided that it was not their mishap. I booked a breakfast only location. It was apparent Expedia had no intentions of keeping their word.

They had conducted an investigation and never called and/or email myself or my wife about their findings. They had taken contact info for both of us. It’s a deliberate effort to mislead the consumer. The service we received is horrible. Expedia tells a customer you were wrong and will fix the issue. Expedia never communicated with the customer about the finds. Expedia goes back on its promise to a customer and leaves them with $900 of wrongful expenses. Mike told us we will not be reimbursed for any expenses. Use Expedia at your own risk. We have screenshots and videos.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I cancel my reservation on May 10, 2022. It is now July 06 and I still have not received my refund. I have called and called and all they want to do is give me the run around. Saying I need to call the hotel, which I have and they tell me it in Expedia to give me back my refund, will Expedia keeps telling it's the hotel's responsibility. I know Expedia puts that money on a virtual card and the hotel has nothing to do with it until check in. All I want is my refund. I shouldn't have to go through all this trouble to get my money back..Shame on you Expedia for ripping people off.

Original review: July 1, 2022

DO NOT book with Expedia. I cannot stress this enough. My husband and I were supposed to fly from Boston to Spain for our honeymoon. We booked both our flights and hotel stay through Expedia. We found out the hard way at the airport that Spain requires a booster if you got your vaccines over 9 months ago or a negative test. By the time we got our negative tests back, we had missed our flight.

Here is where the nightmare began. We called the airline about rebooking flights, but they informed us that because we booked through Expedia, they were the only ones who could change it. We called Expedia, and they informed us that only our airline could fix it. We called the airline again and we told them Expedia sent us to them, and they said to call Expedia. Expedia said they could not do anything because we were already checked into the flight.

We called the airline once again (lots of being on hold), and they said to wait until there were the airline representatives at the airport. We waited for two hours and got in line to speak with them. They told us to call Expedia. We explained that they could not help us because “we were already checked in,” but luckily another worker overheard us and said she was able to uncheck us in. she said Expedia would then be able to do whatever they would like with the flights. We call Expedia, and they tell us that we were considered a “no show,” the tickets we bought no longer have value and there is nothing they can do. We have also lost our return flight.

So, we have to purchase new tickets for four days later that cost us thousands of dollars. Now we need to contact our hotel about perhaps switching our days around since we were already missing four days of our stay. The hotel said they could have helped us had we booked through them directly, but because we booked through Expedia, we had to contact them. Expedia says they will contact the hotel (which was confusing because we already had). The representative at Expedia then tells us that the hotel cannot do anything for us because we were considered already checked in, and if we want to stay there longer we will have to make a new booking.

Had we not booked with Expedia, we could have gotten assistance with this nightmare. At least we learned a lesson: Always book directly through the company, never through another party. We will never be using Expedia again.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I used Expedia to book a hotel room around noon on 6/23. They charged me $108. When I got to the hotel a few hours later, the hotel gave me a receipt for $79. Expedia's Customer 'Service' refused to handle the issue, telling me 'prices change'. Next time, I will call the hotel directly.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Made res. through Expedia for hotel in Moad, Utah for stay in June. When entered the hotel, they had notice that you may see a bug due to the creek in the back and the season for them. When we entered the room, there were bugs everywhere crawling the ceiling, walls, pillows. Called the hotel to change rooms and they said they were booked and they can't give a refund due to reservation through Expedia. They can only come and vacuum the bugs. It was a nightmare. Who wants to sleep in a room and pay 260 a night to have bugs crawling around your pillows, bed, walls window...

We asked the front desk for a credit or discount and she asked us to call the manager next week as she was out on vacation. When we talked to the hotel manager, she said the max she can do is 30/ night credit. Called Expedia and in short the Expedia supervisor, said she can do 75 total for towards the 460 paid for 2 nights. She was very rude out of Phonix, AZ. She refused to give any info. other than her first name. This was the supervisor who was extremely rude.

In other words, Expedia does not care about consumer satisfaction. they put their partners before consumers because they make more money from them than one consumer making a reservation. Beware, if you have issues with a hotel when you have made your res. through Expedia, call them immediately to change hotel even though you paid nonrefundable fee for the nights and do not believe any lies the hotel tell you that there is nothing they can do since it was paid already through Expedia and no refunds.

Original review: June 28, 2022

My husband and I are traveling internationally, and our son directed us to Skyscanner.com. SkyScanner shows you multiple flights. However, I, Mom, went through another company first, and they added excess fees adding up to over a $1000, and had a time-out feature, plus there appeared to be NO way to contact them. Thank God the credit card didn't go through in their 20-minute time count down. Because of that negative experience we, meaning I, Mom, decided to go back to what our son first recommend.

On Skyscanner.com I found a several flights, multiple times and long and short layovers. The prices changed considerably when I entered different dates. To discover why, I, Mom, went on Priceline.com and punched in dates and looked at the calendar that shows the actual prices for that particular day. Now side by side on the computer screen I clicked back to the Skysannner.com screen. Punched in the cheaper flights, by date, that I saw on Priceline.com, and Skysanner.com showed cheaper flights. The flights were half the price of going through the airline directly. I know because I then tried to book through several airlines directly and the price doubled.

On the Skysanner.com screen, I looked at the list beneath, what company choices I could book through. I looked at the stars, googled several booking companies and read reviews and then decided. Although Expedia was $300 more than the cheapest, but they were not the most expensive, I decided their customer service reviews were good, better than most.

Several of the other booking companies had bad customer service reviews and no customer service person to speak with. Reviews of other companies said things like, "the phones rings and rings," and "after waiting hours for someone to pick up, someone finally comes on the line and hangs up." I don't need that kind of Customer Service. One lady did house chores, took her phone to the grocery store and went home, finally got a person on the line, and the Customer Service Representative hung up. Oh yeah, that review pushed me to go through Expedia based on their reviews of good Customer Service.

After booking and it was easy to book, no excessive or added fees, I needed to talk to Expedia Customer Service, because I am at a preschool level regarding international flights, especially now. I did not understand so many things after booking the international flight requirements, and how do I book seating. Confused I called past midnight, chatted with a live person fairly quickly, and that conversation lasted into the early hours of the morning. Expedia Customer Service Representative talked me through the whole process, and called my home when I was still confused. Walked me through the process on my computer, then gave me another contact number for my new question. Expedia Customer Service answered again, fairly quickly, they spoke with me and explained things in more detail. IT WAS AWESOME TO SPEAK WITH A LIVE PERSON IN THE EARLY AM HOURS. They were so nice.

Original review: June 26, 2022

Expedia will not help with any problems. They say you have to talk to airline then the airline says talk to them. I had spent almost 8.5 hours on hold one day during my vacation between them and the airline and still have not been helped. Plus, the agents you chat with are not helpful and I have no idea how much time I have wasted on texting. So even if you purchase the protection, it's very clear that you missed connections because of the airline, and tried to resolve a problem for days and days beforehand through multiple platforms and countless people they won't even pretend to help. Maybe it's just my circumstances and to other people none of this would be a big deal. However, if you were delayed by almost three days getting to your destination and you want to reschedule your return flight they will not do it. If the airlines lose both checked bags they will not help. They won't even point you in the right direction when you ask what the procedure is.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Really bad customer service. Never give clear information booking time and after then we call they hang on all time. Their mistake in my booking but I have to pay $200 a bag at airport. Because airline don’t allow checks in bag.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Please don't trust Expedia in planning your vacation, expedia ruined my vacation that we planned after 3 years. I booked a hotel "La Malmasion boutique hotel" almost 2 months ahead of time so I got a good rate for my hotel, but the night before I could check in to the hotel I received an email from expedia that they canceled my hotel. I contacted expedia and they took no responsibility arguing that hotel canceled and they can't do anything, by then the hotel's price was so high that I could only find a hotel with lower rank and farther from the location of the first hotel with the price I paid 2 months ago. Later I contacted the hotel that had canceled my reservation and they said they never got my reservation from expedia and I was not the only case and it happened with a number of other guest.

Expedia never followed up regarding this case they just gave me a case number that is useless because after 3 weeks from the discussion with expedia they never got back to me and never compensated me for ruining my family and my vacation. The customer service that I got from expedia is the worst I have ever got with any company. The standard is not up to 3rd world country let alone North America. I wouldn't recommend this website or their services to anybody. If you want to enjoy your time never trust "Expedia".

Original review: June 17, 2022

Expedia advertises.. "Your one-stop travel site for your dream vacation." "Book your entire trip in one place" and "We're with you every step of the way." FALSE ADVERTISEMENT... BEWARE! On 5/19 my friend and I booked a complete vacation package for 4 adults/1 child through Expedia with flights and resort to the Bahamas leaving 6/12. While searching for airport transfers, we discovered Expedia had booked our flights to Nassau and our resort in Freeport. It was not until this time that we realized they were two separate islands!

We called Expedia on 6/9 and spent HOURS being transferred from one agent to another. Although each agent was very apologetic and tried to help, they were unable to find us a different or connecting flight to Freeport. The next option was to change hotels, but they were unable to find a comparable all inclusive resort that allowed children in Nassau for our dates. After two days of trying to fix, our only option was to cancel the complete trip days before we were to leave. A refund for resort was given but only vouchers for airlines in which 1 airline charges a $99 fee for each ticket to change. We felt Expedia needed to make this right for their huge error and asked to expedite our problem to headquarters. We were first we were told we would hear back in 72 hours. After contacting them 96 hours later, we were told it would be another 5-7 days.

We finally heard back from headquarters on 6/16. The lack of responsibility and customer service from headquarters was appalling. We were told there was nothing more they were WILLING to do, additional flight charges were out of their hands, it was not their fault but OURS for not noticing the airport error. Expedia is NOT a company that stands behind their services and they would rather place the blame on the customer than take responsibility for their errors. It was even pointed out to them that their website was still incorrectly booking the wrong airport with resort package. As of 6/16, the website is NOW corrected and giving correct flights. A formal complaint has been made with BBB, but wanted to warn and make others aware.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Me and my bf had flights that went from the US to Paris, and then from Paris to Tbilisi. Our flight to Tbilisi got canceled so we asked for a refund on the canceled flight. Expedia refunded both flights without telling us. We didn't find out until we were at the airport because our ticket status was refunded. We had to pay last minute cancelation fees on our Airbnb, had already got expensive covid tests for getting on the plane, had to buy new tickets which were now double the price, and we were not allowed to refund our flight we had booked to replace the canceled flight.

Both me and my bf had to spend an extra $1000 each because of their mistake, and even after contacting Expedia twice, they won't do anything about it. Save yourself the trouble and book flights through the airline provider directly. Don't get caught in the loop where the airline provider says you need to contact Expedia, and Expedia tells you they can't do anything because they aren't the airline provider.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Expedia booked me for a flight that didn't exist! All my itinerary from Expedia stated my flight was Fri June 10th. When in reality the airline doesn't even fly out on that day. The flight the airline had me booked for was Thurs June 9th therefore we missed our flight since we know we booked for the 10th and all our info from Expedia read the 10th. We never got any warning that our flight was “changed” (if that's the case) from Expedia or the airline. While they are refunding us I will NEVER use them again for completely ruining this trip for me and i hope no one else who find this review does either.

Original review: June 7, 2022

They straight up LIE about the total price of their packages to purposefully mislead consumers into thinking they are affordable. I put in my search details, they quote a total trip package, that says specifically a FLIGHT+STAY+CAR. All three options included in that price. It lets you pick you various hotel and flight, with certain options costing more but at least a couple $0 extra, so included in the total trip price. But when it comes to pick out car details, it only allows you to add a car with at least $80 extra. There are no standard options, only a car that is an additional $80 dollars. I tried talking to a rep named Krislyn hoping this was an error. Big mistake.

The rep was beyond useless, googled the exact same thing I did, and brilliant response was "I don't know, stuff just costs extra." Then she claimed the options for it must have expired, so I ran the search again and got the same results, only cars that cost $80 extra (and this is for the tiniest economy car, literally anything less than this would be a bike). Then she claimed that the three option package, only includes two options, the third is extra. I repeatedly explained that at the start, the website is quoting a price on a package that includes all three options. I wanted to know why it is not including all three options, since that is deliberately falsifying the cost of the package advertised. Then she claimed that they don't have any cars to rent, so it must cost extra. They don't have rental cars. At a major airport. With like 5 rental car companies operating out of it. But they felt it was fine to advertise they have rental cars available, but only for an additional $80.

She repeatedly refused to get me to a manager or supervisor who might actually know why their company is misquoting consumers, or at least someone how had a better reasoning beyond stuff happens, give us more money. So this company is deliberately LYING about their total trip prices and what they have available to force you to pay upgrade fees. False advertising.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I wouldn't give them any stars if it's possible. I book 1 night hotel in Miami -GREEN SEAS HOTEL. Horrible people and hotel. I arrived to the hotel with my Expedia reservation and paid for it. The woman at the reservation desk asked me to fill out the documents. After I finished she said "you have to give me $50 cash." I said I paid already. I asked what for because we asked for $50 cash. I said I don't have cash so I offered my credit card and she said to me, "If you don't have the cash you can't stay," so I had to leave because I didn't have the cash. However, while I was there I sent an email to Expedia asking for a refund and Expedia said they can't give it to me because they couldn't get in touch with anyone in that ghost hotel -the phone purposely is not working.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Hi. We are a senior couple that often travel on cruises. Lately we cancelled all our cruises because we are sick and tired of the PCR PRE_TEST. We are both fully vaccinated and boosted, it doesn't make sense at all anymore! This is very tiring. Please review your policies and act accordingly. You are losing lots of clients.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I've used Expedia several times, and although I've had a few small problems here and there, I wouldn't say anything was awful, but all of that changed on my last reservation through them. It's pretty simple, I attempted to book a specific hotel, in a specific city, it showed it available, I made the reservation and thought I was done, only to find out Expedia ended up putting my in the same hotel chain, but an entirely different city I never entered or requested. When I noticed this error, I contacted their customer support to change the reservation, noting it was their error not mine, the city they put me I had never heard of, and didn't even know where it was. They flat refused to change the reservation or refund my money, saying there was nothing they could do, and wouldn't even acknowledge their error.

I've since found entire websites and discussion threads dedicated to all the users of Expedia that have had nightmare problems with them, mine is nothing compare to most. Ultimately, most people are forced to reverse their credit card charge to solve the problem. I am doing the same, and closing my account on Expedia. They are not trustworthy, have terrible customer support, and do not deserve your business.

Expedia Company Information