Emirates

Stars Rating

• 7%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2023

We booked as a family to travel from Boston to Bengaluru, via Dubai. We have always traveled by Qatar and they always assigned the family seating together, but not Emirates. They put each of us in different middle seats, including our child. When we requested the check in agent he was so rude and didn't even listen to us. One of us has a health issue and needed an Aisle, but they wouldn't do anything even after we offered to pay.

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2023

I bought tickets in business class for my parents. My father [86yrs] is disabled due to stroke with residual weakness and significant verbal impairment and memory issues. I called the airlines about seating, 10 days prior to departure and they assured me that my parents would be sitting next to each other. But they can't give seat assignments until 48 hours prior to departure. I called them again 2 days prior to departure and told me that and I quote "it is their policy to seat passengers separately if they do not pay extra for seat assignments". I asked them what would happen if I did not pay extra if I travel with my 2 yr old son and they said that we will be seated separately.

So my parents ended up sitting separately. This was a 16 hr flight from LAX to dubai. My mother whose English vocabulary was limited had a very difficult time. So, if you are traveling together as a family, beware. They have no qualms about putting passengers with disabilities and young kids thru as much pain as possible just so that they can squeeze some extra $.

J

If your parents needed to sit together so badly, you could have easily paid for that seat like everyone else. The airline is not obligated to reserve a seat which others are also paying extra for. And also they were in business class which is quite comfortable. The only issue I see here is the airline should have told you their seat policy from the beginning. Not giving two conflicting information. :)

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2023

Emirates will just processed you in its process...like a luggage. And in case if there is a cancelation Emirates will deduct 40% and you have fill form for each passenger even though you bought as one payment. Then you got to wait for up to 21 days. If you cancel emirates will teach you lesson..

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

Attention all prospective travelers considering Emirates Airlines for your upcoming trips, we would like to bring a recent issue to your attention. It has come to our notice that Emirates Airlines has been canceling fully paid and confirmed seats without providing any prior notification to affected passengers. This unfortunate situation has arisen due to a technical glitch within their system.

Regrettably, our own confirmed seats were among those canceled by Emirates Airlines due to the aforementioned system malfunction. Consequently, we find ourselves in a stranded situation, with Emirates now requesting us to pay the full ticket price once again if we wish to secure new confirmed seats. Allow me to provide further context. Initially, we purchased return tickets and carefully selected our desired seats, feeling assured that our travel plans were well-organized and secure. A few days later, while exploring options for a potential business upgrade, I innocently clicked on the upgrade button within the app but did not proceed any further and exited the application.

To our dismay, upon checking our selected seats after a few days, we discovered that our chosen seats had mysteriously disappeared. We contacted the Emirates USA office to inquire about our seats and make seat selections. To our surprise, we were informed that our seats had been upgraded to business class, and seat selection would only be possible 48 hours before the flight.

Following this information, we proceeded with our departure flight to Pakistan. During our time there, I became curious about how our seats had been upgraded. Upon reviewing our itinerary, everything appeared to be in order, and all return flights were confirmed. However, when I reached out to customer service for clarification, I was informed that our seats had been canceled due to my previous click on the upgrade option. To secure new confirmed seats, they demanded a payment of $8,000 for economy class or $20,000 for business class.

I expressed my frustration, questioning how they could cancel our seats without our consent or any form of notification. The customer service representative simply stated that this was the procedure: if you click on the upgrade option but do not proceed with payment, your seats are automatically canceled. They further explained that since I had not made the payment, the business class seats were not reserved. I argued that by not making the payment, it should be understood that I did not wish to proceed with the upgrade. I found it unacceptable that they canceled our flight without any warning, consent, or notification, and yet they continued to insist on the $8,000 payment.

Subsequently, Emirates placed us on a waitlist and instructed us to check the flight status daily through their app. I had to continually contact them to determine whether our seats had been confirmed or not. It is truly disheartening to witness the greed displayed by Emirates in this situation. Despite the fact that the mistake was entirely theirs, they have shifted the blame and financial burden onto us.

In light of these circumstances, we have made the decision to book a flight with Qatar Airways instead, at a cost of only $8,000. Emirates, on the other hand, insisted on an additional $8,000 payment for our fully paid tickets, despite the fact that the cancellation was due to a glitch in their own system. Not only did they fail to offer us an apology, but they also had the audacity to demand more money from us. This behavior reflects poorly on Emirates, and they should be ashamed of themselves. Emirates has given no authority to customer service whether it's chat or on call. And there is no way you can contact someone with authority in Emirates

Reviewed July 12, 2023

My son and I bought tickets to travel on Emirates on June 14, 2023 from Miami to Thailand. My son uses a wheelchair and a ventilator. We boarded the aircraft and after about 1hr, they decided to deboarded us, noting that they need more medical info on my son. We were so disappointed and devastated but we went home and submitted all they requested to Emirates medical team. The medical team in Dubai gave us medical clearance to travel.

We went back to the airport on June 19, however, The supervisor at the check in desk refuse to let us board despite my son having medical clearance. The team supervisor was so incompassionate and didn't care that we have spent money and put a lot into travel only to be turned back with no remorse. I would not recommend anyone to travel via Emirates, especially if they are disabled with a medical condition. I wrote a complaint but they responded with much so much inaccuracies. I tried to respond to the link they provided but their system doesn't allow it.

Reviewed May 22, 2023

This is the worst airline as the customer service provided by call center including airport counter staff was terrible. I spent many hours for on the phone multiple times and I was provided misleading information that could not be trusted. I sent a complaint to their customer affairs and they did not check anything, listen to any calls and responded as if nothing happened. This is the first time I flew this airline but will never fly again or recommend an one to fly. Customer service is not a core value and will not use ever in my life again.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2023

I would like to say that the staff working for this airlines is disgusting. They do not assist with real issues. They also do not help you when you are stuck in other countries. I visited India with them and they would not allow me and my family member to board the flight. My sister had an issue with her visa and it was resolved, they still did not allow her on the plane even though the plane did not leave. The manager was called and he had a nasty attitude and refused to help me. All they told me was I should book another ticket. When I called the number they gave me, it was not even a working number. Then when I found the number on the internet, a flight for the same day was $3200 USD. The plane is not even luxurious to charge that amount of money for a flight. This is very unprofessional. It makes me not even want to visit India ever again. Emirates is also out of the book for an airline for me.

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2023

Emirates Airlines is a fraud! Adverstises to be a magical airline and had the worst experience of 10 lifetimes! Even worst: THEY SCAM people with their UPGRADES on the plane! You get an e-mail saying you can upgrade for $1800 from economy to business. Then "server" DOESN'T WORK. You go to the counter and it becomes $2000. Then the counter person says she couldn't do it, try on the plane for a "bit more". Well, I was charged $3600 per passenger to upgrade in the plane! Old, dirty, broken business seat with bad food and ok service! CHOOSE ANOTHER AIRLINE! They canceled my return flight after I complained!!!! Contacted top management Tim **, Consumer Affairs, in airport, forget it! They give you the run around only! DISGUSTING!!! ORLANDO TO DUBAI JAN 25, 2023. RETURN FEB 3, 2023.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

Incredibly poor experience for such an incredibly expensive flight. We flew from Milan to Atlanta with a connection in New York. We were held on the tarmac for almost an hour and a half with no explanation. Not surprisingly, we missed our flight. I went to the counter to get rebooked to a new one. It took 2 hours for the (extremely rude) customer service representative to offer me a flight 24 hours later and a motel (1/5 star review on Google). They insisted nothing else was available even though we were seeing tons of availability on our own. Furthermore, they told us we would get reimbursed for Ubers and food during the 24 hours. I contacted Emirates several times and have had no such luck in getting reimbursed. They completely ignore you. Will never fly Emirates again despite the name brand. Give me my money for the Ubers and meals!

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2022

Our luggage was damaged and became useless on our trip from NYC to Milan Italy. The agent at the airport took pictures completed the report and directed me to purchase another replacement one. The item was under my disabled partner Alejandro **. I sent an email to the email provided upon returning. They took long to respond. They requested the receipt of my new item. They refused to refund stating that they only replace or repair the damaged luggage. The item has no chance of repair as confirmed by Emirates agent at Malpensa. How do you replace it if not refunding me for the new one?

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2022

I have traveled with Emirates (booking reference: **) and had a horrible experience in August and September 2022. I made a complaint to them with the following reference number: ** regarding my experience on the trip and described the issues I experienced in great detail. The airline was not empathetic towards the poor experience, overall service, and discomfort they had caused to me as a passenger. They merely apologized and brushed me off. I am very disappointed and I was hoping after making a complaint, they would be more understanding and compassionate for the discomfort I experienced which was caused by them. Unfortunately, they do not care and do not do anything to make things better. I will be strongly considering using other airlines after this experience.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2022

31st July, I logged in to my Emirates account and tried to book my flights online. Upon doing so, there was no pricing or points information available for each options (Saver, Premium or Business, also differences in each for each flight time) and so I called the Emirates booking line. The representative (Angelo) confirmed that there is a website glitch and proceeded to assist in my booking over the phone. I made it abundantly clear to the representative that I am looking to secure business class flights in the most cost effective way (i.e. upgrade) and that I am happy to utilise all of my Emirates SkyMiles in securing my flights.

Also mentioned SEVERAL times that this trip is part of my Wedding and Honeymoon, I will also have a long Wedding Dress that will be onboard and needs to be hung in a closet (Can't be in overhead lockers). I asked the representative on how I could achieve a cost effective upgrade to business class and was simply advised to try my chances upon check in at the airport. He also suggested that by paying for my flights with cash and miles that I will save monies on the flight. Then proceeded to confirm that he made an internal request for upgrade and while that couldn't guarantee me an upgrade, will help my chances.

Few days later, I was looking at the Emirates website (still not working for return flights) but then playing with the settings on a one way flight basis. It was in this way that I identified that if I had actually paid for my economy flights using just cash, that I had enough points to upgrade both myself and partner to Business Class flights for the full return from Rome to Melbourne.

I called the Emirates booking line again, and after long wait times and being on the phone for over 1 hour 15 minutes, the representative (Diago **) said that I would have to pay $1,000 to cancel the flights if I wanted to rebook and use the miles for my Business Class upgrade! I asked to speak to the manager given these special circumstances and not being offered this option upon booking, but was denied the courtesy to speak with the manager. I asked countless times for simply to talk to the manager, and Diago consistently refused without understanding my situation and often talked over me.

I'm submitting this complaint as I should have been advised this option to utilise my points for Business Class upgrades when looking to book my flights - As the website was down (still down/doesn't show options) and I had no other way to tell and even asked multiple times the representative "How can I get my upgrade? What can I do to increase my chances? Is there anything else I can do?" and not ONCE was this mentioned. Should I have known this on booking day, that I can pay my flights with cash and use my points for upgrade that's exactly what I would have done! As such, I am requesting that my flights be updated to reflect as such that I wanted on Day 1.

After such back and forth, a supervisor called me back the next day. The supervisor also agreed and acknowledged that the representative did not provide all the options at the time of booking and without a viable working Emirates website, how am I to know the options to make an informed decision? I could only act on the information provided - which the supervisor did advise lacked all the options. The supervisor also agreed and acknowledged that I mentioned the website was not working at the time I called in to book. Supervisor told me to email him all my screenshots of the Emirates glitch and issue - which I did that day & got no reply. Supervisor also told me to lodge a formal complaint via Emirates - which I also did that day and also got no reply.

Simply wanting to refund my flights in full, simply so that I can REBOOK both of my legs to be flexi fares and have my points returned - I am being asked for the $1,000 cancellation fee. A fee that I am being incurred because an Emirates representative was not able to provide all of the information upfront? A fee that is your internal fee, and I am rebooking with you on the same call. A fee that I am told could have been waived in the first 48 hours but because I called on the 3rd day, is it no longer viable? BY THE WAY, I only found out after 2 weeks of chasing that it could have been refundable prior - the second representative also did not advise of this. This is how they reward loyalty. EMIRATES DON'T CARE.

Reviewed July 28, 2022

We were traveling as a family of 4 plus one infant from Seattle to Dubai on flight EK 230 on 2nd July, 2022. Prior to boarding, we submitted our infant child's stroller in a single folded form at the desk of Seattle Sea-Tac (SEA) with the Emirates team. The staff assured us that we would get it back at our final destination Kolkata Airport, India(CCU), but did not issue any tag. We needed the stroller as the quintessential means for our child's safety and our mobility. However, since reaching our final destination (CCU) on 4th July, nobody from Emirates could take an initiative to find, locate and return the stroller on repeated requests. We were directed from one empty assurance to another that Emirates is looking into this issue. It's been almost a month.

Had it been just a piece of normal baggage, we could not face such grave problems. Here, however, a child's safety and mobility were on the line which limited all of our mobility and almost ruined the whole purpose of travel. The big question is if Emirates ground crew could not assure a child's safe travel, how can they assure our and the flight crew's safety? On the contrary, all big packages of wealthy businessmen wrapped with extra safety reached CCU airport on Emirates that day! However, an infant's joy and safety, a simple stroller was completely neglected. I suppose this is how, once eminent, Emirates does business nowadays!

Online & App

Reviewed May 12, 2022

Rename Emirates to "THE WORST AIRLINE". They tag you with Jetblue. Jetblue website does not work, mobile app does not work. You have to go to the airport for checkin. Now comes "THE WORST AIRLINE" or Emirates. Hidden stop in a different country. Which is not mentioned in the itinerary. This was not mentioned while purchasing the ticket. Only when the ticket is confirmed you get to know that it is not a direct flight. When you ask them they tell you, "It is written in small letters. Can't you see." Worst experience. Never flying with this airline again. Qatar is the world best.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2022

I flew Emirates on Dec 14, 2021 from Houston to Dubai with a family of six. It was a horrendous experience for me and my family. The seats were extremely uncomfortable with no space to recline or move. The food was bad, tasteless, odorless. It felt like we were eating plastic food. After the 15 hour flight, me and my family had body ache, headache. We couldn't sleep and feel comfortable for a minute. We felt like that we were confined in a cage for 15 hours. On my returns on Dec 26, I had the same episode of bad and ugly experience. I will never fly emirates and I will advise you to do the same.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2021

Me and my husband were traveling from Newark to Athens on December 23, 2021 and the check-in process at Newark Airport was horrible. The agent did not know how to do his job. Was dismissive and ignored my requests to check-in the luggage to the final destination after being told do do so three times. The supervisor that had a Napoleon Complex refused to hear the facts and made up excuses in order to justify the incompetence of his employee and the Emirates representative was an obnoxious individual who thought he was better than everyone probably because he was from Dubai and his daddy got him this do nothing job. I have traveled this airline on this route twice per year for the last four years and their service especially the on-board service is excellent but in the last year their check-in employees are rude and incompetent especially in Newark.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2021

I have made a complaint about the bad experience I had during my flight to Athens from Dubai on 10/11/21. My baby's stroller has completely broken and longer usable now. Still the Emirates team has taken it for repair. I have been contacting Emirates constantly about this and the damages they would be responsible for. It's been two months and no response yet. They haven't send us the stroller back neither paid us the money. It's absolutely disgusting that they have caused the damage and paying no attention on this matter. Nayeem **.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2021

I'm writing this as a warning to others.. I don't want ANYONE to go through what I have. My family are due to travel to Mauritius on Friday, it'll likely be the last holiday my Dad has, he's 90 with mid stage Alzheimer's. Whilst sorting stuff out yesterday it became apparent one of my party had their name wrong on the ticket. I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort it. Basically one of the party has a hyphened name, Heidi-Louise, not Heidi Louise. Today I've been told it will cost me just under £1200 to get it changed. I haven't stopped crying since. I have no choice but to pay, the money I'm using though was put aside for my Father's funeral. I cannot believe Emirates could be so cruel. This holiday cost £30.000... I'd never fly with them again. So be aware. Check and check again, even the obvious could be wrong.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2021

What was supposed to be our first flight on Emirates is now our last! My wife and I met in Seychelles after being separated by the pandemic for roughly 2 years. We had planned to return to the Philippines where she is a citizen afterwards. Emirates was our first departing flight with two connecting flight after. Upon check-in at the desk, the Emirates supervisor on duty prohibited me from boarding the plane. She said I couldn't board because as a USA citizen I needed an existing visa. We attempted to explain that Philippines Bureau of Immigration allows a visa on arrival for foreign spouses traveling with their Filipino spouse under the Balikbayan program. We showed our original apostilled marriage certificate as proof.

The supervisor stated their system indicated that I had to have a visa and that these provisions were not listed. We attempted to show multiple IATF resolutions that the Balikbayan program had resumed for several months, but she stated their system was updated daily with COVID restrictions/entry requirements. She added if I was allowed to board I'd likely be offloaded and deported in Dubai at our next flight. So, we agreed to follow up with the Philippines Bureau of Immigration. When asked for documentation regarding my offloading, the supervisor indicated she couldn't provide this and that I'd have to make an online complaint.

We were able to confirm by phone and email from the Philippines Bureau of Immigration that I should be allowed entry under the Balikbayan program. We then showed this documentation to different Emirates supervisors at the airport who expressed confusion as to why I was prohibited to board in the first place. They agreed to independently confirm with Emirates airport staff in Philippines and the airport immigration officials. After they did, the airport supervisors confirmed we could rebook our flights and I would be able to board.

HOWEVER, we incurred thousands of dollars of extra travel expenses while obtaining this confirmation. And other airlines refused to refund us our tickets without documentation as to why I was prohibited to board. When I requested this documentation from the online complaint system, I did not receive a clear response about the matter for 10 days. And that response added that the Balikbayan program didn't apply to me since I wasn't a Filipino even though I had already provided them emails from the Philippines BOI and the Emirates airport staff confirming I should be allowed to travel.

I spent the next month continuing to email, resubmit documentation, and call anyone at Emirates who'd listen without any success. I did not receive any corrected documentation about the offloading, any financial compensation or flight credits, not even an apology acknowledging their initial mistake! Each time a Mr. Ayman ** continued to cordially reiterate the following:

"it is the passengers' responsibility to ensure that they have obtained all relevant exit and entry visas and other necessary travel documents for their journey, including any health requirements."

And. . .

"We respect your feelings and believe we have taken the matter seriously and sought all available information related to your claim. . . whilst I regret that you remain disappointed with our response and we regret that your expectations have not been met once again, we have nothing further to add other than to thank you for writing to us and for allowing me to restate our position."

International travelers, especially Filipinos, should beware flighting Emirates! They're playing the role of immigration without the knowledge or authority to do so. We had to extend our time in Seychelles for more than 3 weeks trying to resolve this matter. I have yet to receive refunds for other flights we had to cancel and travel insurance has indicated this is not likely to be covered. This was a huge financial hardship in our early marriage.

The online complaint system for Emirates is a travesty of a mockery! You can only upload 2 documents at a time. And you can't make multiple submissions without waiting for Emirates to reply. A week or two later. There's no one you can talk to about matters like this by phone either! I asked to speak with supervisors and managers multiple times without any success. Each time they (the call center, the airport staff, the city office) referred me to the online complaint system. It was so useless I don't even know why they bothered to send me delayed replies. They didn't address any concern or ever explain why the airport supervisors could approve me to rebook and board but the online customer service could make say something completely different. I hope everyone separated by the pandemic makes better choices for airlines than Emirates.

P.s. For anyone who questions the validity of my claims, I can provide you complete documentation of everything.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2021

If you use Emirates, you can stay without a ticket and without money. I had two tickets for this flight on 13 July. On 4 July, I was informed that Emirates had canceled the flight. I contacted Emirates customer services and asked about any alternative flight, and they answered that they could not do it. They proposed later flights on 16 July, but it was impossible for us because we had visas valid until 14 July. I told him about it. So, they suggested requesting a refund, I did it, but they refunded a small percentage of ticket costs. I had two two-way tickets that cost 800 USD each. They refunded 188 USD for one and 250 USD for another for one-way tickets. Then I knew that Emirates for such a canceled flight suggested Turkish airlines, but the customer service DID NOT suggest this option for me.

I have screenshots of these text messages. I am very disappointed that Emirates canceled the flight and did not suggest how to fly from departure to the final destination. Besides, they refunded not the full amount of one-way ticket costs. I wrote feedback-complaint several times to Emirates, and they answered that the flights had been canceled according to the OAE government and could not help me. I DON'T recommend using Emirates. Try to avoid this airline, because they can deceive you and say: "we are so sorry..." My booking references numbers are: **, **.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2021

I have purchased ticket on August 18th for September 1st 2021 TICKET from Karachi to Istanbul. I did two PCR test as tickets are two. PCR test total cost 12000 PKR for Hashmani Lab. On 31st August I received email that my flight timings changed from 12:15 to 12:35. I packed my thing. I went for boarding. In a long line, after I reached there just couple of hours before departure they said, "We couldn't find your ticket in the system." I said how it is possible. They said go to next counter. On next counter woman said, "Your ticket canceled. We have no info. Call the call center." I have called call center and I asked why my ticket canceled. They said, "Your flight timings changed from Karachi to DXB so you couldn't meet transit time to IST flight so we canceled." Without any prior info or thing they have canceled.

Now they are rescheduling my flight to 11th of September. I have to bear PCR test 12000 PKR again. Apart of that my job is in jeopardy if I won't be able to join by 2nd September. Everyday my salary will be deducted and it is also another issue. Now they say do another flight, I booked 14 days ago so booking again immediate flight is 4 times expensive than what is price which I cannot afford (no one would). Emirates says it cannot do anything and whatever losses I will suffer it is my fate. Best they can do is reschedule on 11th.

Reviewed July 20, 2021

Updated on 07/21/2021: They didn't treat us well and what they did was awful. After they canceled our flight and they said they gonna rebook another flight on the next day with no extra charge and it's guaranteed to find seats, we couldn't find seats till the next week plus they charged us $1400 extra. Also we had to book a hotel and rented car for that week which costed us more than $2000. They should reimburse me all these extra money, but they didn't even send an apology. I'm trying my best to sue. My whole family instead of enjoying the vacation, we spend a very bad week because of this terrible airline. That was my first and last time to use Emirates Airlines. I warn people to use it. Very rude customer service.

Original Review: I wish to give 0 star. Very rude customer service. They are not respectful at all. They didn't allow me and my whole family to get in the flight and they didn't even try to help me to fix the mistake to get in the flight. They were ignoring us while we were talking to them. They were not professional at all. They kept changing their words many time which mean that they don't know the rule. It was my first and last time time to use Emirates airlines. I will sue them to get my money. They charged me extra $1400 to rebook another flight although they are the one who canceled my flight and they told me it gonna be with no extra money.

Reviewed June 27, 2021

Their customer service lady was rude and once I ask her to slow down to help me walk through and understand my itinerary, she got mad and told me to contact the travel agent. I simply asked to transfer the call to someone up the chain so that I can ask my question but she refused. I would not recommend travel with this airline and waste your money. Please stay away from them as their customer service folks are very rude and unsupportive.

Reviewed June 26, 2021

I would like to share my experience of flying Emirates from San Francisco to Delhi via Dubai. Boarding from San Francisco was easy, only restriction to have weight of carry on needs to exact 8 kg or less than 8 kg. Our carry on bag was scaled for weight and allowed in to fly from SFO. We landed in Dubai and checked in again to start boarding. We were stopped to measure the carry on bag weight. The staff in Dubai was extreme rude, ill-mannered and disrespectful to deny the fact that the same carry on bag was allowed from origination point. Dubai staff did not allow the carry on bag with same weight. We were forced to take out almonds bag of 2 lbs and trash it which were carrying for my parents in Dubai. Our experience of flying using Emirates was awful. Be careful while flying with Emirates, they have different standards for passengers in USA and Dubai.

Reviewed June 15, 2021

I had flight on Monday 6th of June with Emirates from USA SAN FRANCISCO to Mumbai India. When I reached airport at 3:30 they asked me to fill self declaration form my flight timing was 5:00 PM. I booked the flight in emergency because my mom was not feeling well in India. And I totally unaware about declaration form. I had my covid test with me. I re-head again airport at 4.15 with declaration form. One of my friend wants standing with airline officer who does checking. And when I reached with set declaration form they said now flight is closed you can’t go with very very rude language. There were more than 45 mins remaining.

One more this situation happened with me in emergency with different airlines there was just 15 min left to take off but they allow me. In this time I have explained them so many times my mom is not well I need to go but they said they can’t do anything even the senior officer was very rude and said bye to me. Their facial expressions was very unprofessional. They don’t have any politeness. They are providing us service but their behavior is dengour than Immigration officer. Then again I have rebooked my flight and called customer care to reconfirm everything and asked him about set declaration form and he said no it’s not require you just need Covid test only. They only don’t know what they want or what they don’t want. It’s a worst Airline service I have experienced. I will never travel with this Airline anymore. Worst Service ever.

Reviewed May 8, 2021

I wanted to inquire what the cancellation policy is in case I bought the ticket through a travel agency. I called the customer service number for USA. The guy who answered already sounded annoyed. I just asked a simple question about the policy and he started getting really passive aggressive. I didn't extend the conversation and hung up but it's really disappointing that an airlines with such good reputation doesn't seem to maintain proper standards that their employees should abide by when having a conversation with customers. I understand that these people are probably overworked and underpaid but there must be some kind of quality control.

Reviewed May 1, 2021

By far the worst airlines I took compared to Lufthansa, British Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Egypt Air, Saudi airlines, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Delta, Air Canada, Gulf Air, Air France and much more. Even Sudan Air is better than Emirates. Avoid avoid avoid. Especially from Canada. The Toronto station are like bunch of kids running it. Avoid it. You better off walking for decades than taking this terrible airlines.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 7, 2021

Our return tickets was canceled without any reason. We were left stranded in Nigeria because you cannot endorsed our tickets with other airlines to take us out of Nigeria back to Dubai and to Washington. We had to purchased $3,302.12 another one-way return tickets back to US with British Airways to leave Nigeria on Sunday March 28th 2021. I went thru a hard time for this airline to get refund for our return ticket and they only return a very little amount ($388.95) for each person for the return ticket.

I have been trying to submit a formal complaint online as advised by the customer service for Emirates to compensate us on our return tickets with British Airways and for all the trouble we went through. However, I could not get the online complaint submitted. I have tried 3 different browsers, different laptops but still unable to submit the formal complaint and the customer service is not helping either. I am very disappointed that Emirates airline could treat their customers like piece of garbage, left them stranded with any reason(s) and not endorsing our ticket with other airlines to take us out of Africa. Will never fly this airline again. Emirates Flight Details. EK784 Lagos-Dubai - March 28th 2021. EK231 Dubai-Washington - March 30th 2021. Emirates Ticket number **.

Price

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2021

Two years ago I booked a ticket from US to Karachi. After paying for the non-refundable ticket (with no options of making any changes), another window opens up and ask for select seats. The round trip involved 4 flights and for every seat there is a cost. At this point you have no choice but to pay for the seats since you already paid for the ticket. They should ask the seat question before the final payment so you can see the total with seats and compare with other airlines.

Now (2021) they come up with another nice trick to cheat people. I booked airline ticket for travel in February from Washington DC to Karachi, round trip. In this route every airline gives you 2 free checked bags. Also I have never heard that on the same itinerary one way 2 free bags and return is only one bag. I booked my tickets directly from the Emirates website and they allow 2 bags/person going from DC to KHI but for coming back from KHI to DC, they allowed only one bag. Smart move to make money!. So if you are a family of 3, taking 6 bags, you need to pay for 3 bags while coming back, that is $250/bag.

Coverage

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

We flew with a fully loaded Emirates plane to Dubai and choose this carrier because of the FREE covid insurance for ALL customers. We were negative tested before and now have Covid all. Now they say it’s not covered for residents only tourists. So not ALL CUSTOMERS. Thanks Emirates for this empty promise. Next time KLM again.

Emirates Company Information