Emirates

Emirates

4.0/5 (579 ratings)

About Emirates

Emirates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: July 20, 2021

Updated on 07/21/2021: They didn't treat us well and what they did was awful. After they canceled our flight and they said they gonna rebook another flight on the next day with no extra charge and it's guaranteed to find seats, we couldn't find seats till the next week plus they charged us $1400 extra. Also we had to book a hotel and rented car for that week which costed us more than $2000. They should reimburse me all these extra money, but they didn't even send an apology. I'm trying my best to sue. My whole family instead of enjoying the vacation, we spend a very bad week because of this terrible airline. That was my first and last time to use Emirates Airlines. I warn people to use it. Very rude customer service.

Original Review: I wish to give 0 star. Very rude customer service. They are not respectful at all. They didn't allow me and my whole family to get in the flight and they didn't even try to help me to fix the mistake to get in the flight. They were ignoring us while we were talking to them. They were not professional at all. They kept changing their words many time which mean that they don't know the rule. It was my first and last time time to use Emirates airlines. I will sue them to get my money. They charged me extra $1400 to rebook another flight although they are the one who canceled my flight and they told me it gonna be with no extra money.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Their customer service lady was rude and once I ask her to slow down to help me walk through and understand my itinerary, she got mad and told me to contact the travel agent. I simply asked to transfer the call to someone up the chain so that I can ask my question but she refused. I would not recommend travel with this airline and waste your money. Please stay away from them as their customer service folks are very rude and unsupportive.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I would like to share my experience of flying Emirates from San Francisco to Delhi via Dubai. Boarding from San Francisco was easy, only restriction to have weight of carry on needs to exact 8 kg or less than 8 kg. Our carry on bag was scaled for weight and allowed in to fly from SFO. We landed in Dubai and checked in again to start boarding. We were stopped to measure the carry on bag weight. The staff in Dubai was extreme rude, ill-mannered and disrespectful to deny the fact that the same carry on bag was allowed from origination point. Dubai staff did not allow the carry on bag with same weight. We were forced to take out almonds bag of 2 lbs and trash it which were carrying for my parents in Dubai. Our experience of flying using Emirates was awful. Be careful while flying with Emirates, they have different standards for passengers in USA and Dubai.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I had flight on Monday 6th of June with Emirates from USA SAN FRANCISCO to Mumbai India. When I reached airport at 3:30 they asked me to fill self declaration form my flight timing was 5:00 PM. I booked the flight in emergency because my mom was not feeling well in India. And I totally unaware about declaration form. I had my covid test with me. I re-head again airport at 4.15 with declaration form. One of my friend wants standing with airline officer who does checking. And when I reached with set declaration form they said now flight is closed you can’t go with very very rude language. There were more than 45 mins remaining.

One more this situation happened with me in emergency with different airlines there was just 15 min left to take off but they allow me. In this time I have explained them so many times my mom is not well I need to go but they said they can’t do anything even the senior officer was very rude and said bye to me. Their facial expressions was very unprofessional. They don’t have any politeness. They are providing us service but their behavior is dengour than Immigration officer. Then again I have rebooked my flight and called customer care to reconfirm everything and asked him about set declaration form and he said no it’s not require you just need Covid test only. They only don’t know what they want or what they don’t want. It’s a worst Airline service I have experienced. I will never travel with this Airline anymore. Worst Service ever.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I wanted to inquire what the cancellation policy is in case I bought the ticket through a travel agency. I called the customer service number for USA. The guy who answered already sounded annoyed. I just asked a simple question about the policy and he started getting really passive aggressive. I didn't extend the conversation and hung up but it's really disappointing that an airlines with such good reputation doesn't seem to maintain proper standards that their employees should abide by when having a conversation with customers. I understand that these people are probably overworked and underpaid but there must be some kind of quality control.

Original review: May 1, 2021

By far the worst airlines I took compared to Lufthansa, British Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Egypt Air, Saudi airlines, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Delta, Air Canada, Gulf Air, Air France and much more. Even Sudan Air is better than Emirates. Avoid avoid avoid. Especially from Canada. The Toronto station are like bunch of kids running it. Avoid it. You better off walking for decades than taking this terrible airlines.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Our return tickets was canceled without any reason. We were left stranded in Nigeria because you cannot endorsed our tickets with other airlines to take us out of Nigeria back to Dubai and to Washington. We had to purchased $3,302.12 another one-way return tickets back to US with British Airways to leave Nigeria on Sunday March 28th 2021. I went thru a hard time for this airline to get refund for our return ticket and they only return a very little amount ($388.95) for each person for the return ticket.

I have been trying to submit a formal complaint online as advised by the customer service for Emirates to compensate us on our return tickets with British Airways and for all the trouble we went through. However, I could not get the online complaint submitted. I have tried 3 different browsers, different laptops but still unable to submit the formal complaint and the customer service is not helping either. I am very disappointed that Emirates airline could treat their customers like piece of garbage, left them stranded with any reason(s) and not endorsing our ticket with other airlines to take us out of Africa. Will never fly this airline again. Emirates Flight Details. EK784 Lagos-Dubai - March 28th 2021. EK231 Dubai-Washington - March 30th 2021. Emirates Ticket number **.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Today My mum had a flight from Dubai to Bahrain. The ladies at the "Assisted Passenger Department" at Terminal 3, named as "Sheikha" and " Fatima" were ridiculously rude. this transpired at 1:30 pm. They refused to give my mum (an elderly passenger) a wheelchair. We had to argue and fight to get a wheelchair. They seriously need training in being HUMBLE, and in having a friendly TONE OF VOICE. Their EGO, pride and arrogance precede customer service. It seems like they are on a one-on-one battle with the passengers to see who would be victorious in raising their voice. EMIRATES AIRLINES, Please train your staff on the etiquette of speaking.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Two years ago I booked a ticket from US to Karachi. After paying for the non-refundable ticket (with no options of making any changes), another window opens up and ask for select seats. The round trip involved 4 flights and for every seat there is a cost. At this point you have no choice but to pay for the seats since you already paid for the ticket. They should ask the seat question before the final payment so you can see the total with seats and compare with other airlines.

Now (2021) they come up with another nice trick to cheat people. I booked airline ticket for travel in February from Washington DC to Karachi, round trip. In this route every airline gives you 2 free checked bags. Also I have never heard that on the same itinerary one way 2 free bags and return is only one bag. I booked my tickets directly from the Emirates website and they allow 2 bags/person going from DC to KHI but for coming back from KHI to DC, they allowed only one bag. Smart move to make money!. So if you are a family of 3, taking 6 bags, you need to pay for 3 bags while coming back, that is $250/bag.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Hi, I had taken the flight on 8th feb 2021 from Bangalore to Dubai. I was 11 weeks pregnant the time I boarded the flight and was alone. I had 6 kgs extra luggage but I didn't carry any hand luggage but they made me to transfer the 6 kgs to my handbag and made me to carry it. I requested so much that I’m in initial pregnancy with great risk I’m traveling. I’m not suppose to carry weights but they had no mercy. I even showed all my recent pregnancy documents for them for clarity but they were so merciless. Made me carry that heavy bag throughout my journey. We are not carrying any extra weight on plane. Please have some mercy for pregnant ladies to put their handbag in check in.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Comments 1: Dear Emirates team, I would like to submit this official complaint on the handling of your staff earlier. I had a flight to Cairo today, and I wasn’t accepted on the flight due to the lack of the EVisa, which I don’t require. Apparently in your system it is written that Montenegrin citizens need EVisa to enter Cairo, which is not the situation at all. I flew to Cairo in September for 7 days, and again in October for 10 days, I flew with Turkish Airlines and I never experienced the same issue as with your staff. Your staff said that your system updates regularly, but the last changes were made in July 2020, so obviously I flew after that period of time, and I was able to obtain the Entry Visa Fee, due to my Nationality doesn’t need the visa. So there are 2 options, option 1 to get the E Visa, option 2 to get it on the airport, as I used to do in the past 3 months.

When I was waiting for the answer, am I gonna be accepted on the flight or no, I was suggested by your employees to get the ticket from Cairo to Jeddah, cuz then they ‘might’ let me in. Note that I am a resident in Jeddah. I was just about to enter my OTP when one of the girls told me, "No, we can’t accept you." What if I’ve gotten it, just in a second of time? Even one of the ladies whose name is Andrea (refused to give me her last name) with her male colleague whose name I didn’t get actually called your staff in Cairo airport, the girl name they spoke to is Rehab (as Andrea didn’t know the name at first, and after my suggestion found it, but still didn’t know the right spelling even tho I told her I need it for the complaint). They said that I need an EVisa as well.

On official site of Wikipedia, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Montenegro it is clearly stated that there are 2 options, that we can get it on entry, as I did 2 times already. I missed an important event in Cairo due to this mistake, and enormous amount of stress, as well as extra expenses for my extra stay in Dubai, and application for an EVisa, and additional PCR test. I am traumatized by this experience, and lack of knowledge, and understanding. One of the comments that I found truly unprofessional was that I should just wait couple of days until my Visa gets approved, stating 'why don’t you just wait, and after couple of days fly again’ In which I answered, "Thank you very much for your suggestion," but if I didn’t have the need to be in Cairo in certain time, maybe I would accept her advice. Kindly find the attached. Thank you for your time, and I’m expecting a prompt response with this complaint.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We flew with a fully loaded Emirates plane to Dubai and choose this carrier because of the FREE covid insurance for ALL customers. We were negative tested before and now have Covid all. Now they say it’s not covered for residents only tourists. So not ALL CUSTOMERS. Thanks Emirates for this empty promise. Next time KLM again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

VERY annoyed with Emirates. I bought tickets to Mauritius for December, paid in pounds sterling. They cancelled their flight. They refunded in US dollars instead of Pounds sterling and refunded about 250 pounds less than what I paid. I am NOT flying with Emirates anymore. Their customer service are arrogant and unhelpful.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I had to cancel my flight due to the COVID-19 travel ban on February 6,2020. On that day, I called Emirates customer service in regard to the flight cancellation. Over the phone, their staff confirmed Emirates would issue a full refund of my ticket fee, so I followed the staff's instruction to refund my ticket online. However, after 2 or 3 weeks, I only got Airport tax back. I tried to contacted Customer Affairs through the live Chat and email. They just kept asked me to raise a complaint through their Website and never really solved my complaint.

In the past two months, they just kept asking me to raise the same complaint many times and provide support documents. I did what had been told and provided adequate evidence. Eventually, after 2 months, they just told me that they have nothing further to add other than to thank me for writing to them and suggested me to contact my insurance company! They never gave me a reasonable explanation for why I didn't get a full refund!! Very disappointing experience!!!!

Original review: March 30, 2020

My flights from Bengaluru to Dubai then to EWR have been suspended by Emirates but no response regarding full cash refund, it gives option of voucher which I don't want, I need to make credit card payment with which I made booking so need full cash refund. Please...

Original review: March 24, 2020

Would give 0 stars if possible. I am so extremely disappointed. I received an e-mail from Emirates stating the THEY had cancelled my reservation. I immediately called the reservations department and they stated that they would NOT refund my money. I was welcome to rebook at a price almost 40% MORE than the original trip. I sent them a copy of THEIR Terms and Conditions that clearly state that if THEY are the ones who cancel the trip, I am entitled to a full refund. I also sent them the Department of Transportation rule stating that if THEY cancel the flight, they are responsible to provide a FULL refund of all monies paid. In any other arena, this would be considered theft. You pay for a service, they do not render the service, and they keep your money.

Original review: March 23, 2020

So after pre-empting the cancellation of flights from Adelaide I purchased NEW flights to come home early only to discover Emirates took payment and then at checkin informed me that their system had cancelled the flights as it Assumed they were duplicate's even though they had in fact already canceled my original Adelaide flights 24hrs AFTER I had booked new tickets. I spent 2 hours desperately trying to get on the flight I had already paid for to be told it would cost me a further £900 per person.

I ended up having to accept seats on a different aisle from my wife so we could get home. Emirates now hold funds for flights I did not take. I have experienced the worst customer service of ANY company I have ever dealt with. I have failed miserably to contact Emirates by phone, facebook and online whilst in Australia and now whilst back in the UK. This post is notice to Emirates that I will take legal action for the fraudulent way they took my funds and the trauma suffered at their hands at such a worrying time.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Emirates customer service provided very poor response to my baggage damage claim. They don't care about customer facing physical pain to carry damaged bag. The review process for baggage damage takes forever and response is very poor. I will not travel on Emirates any more.

Original review: March 20, 2020

The Emirates staff at Dubai Airport are extremely rude to passengers when boarding. They are untrained for e.g. they do not understand what an NVR (No Visa Required) seal on a passport means. When passengers have to explain this to the staff members it is pretty pathetic. They have no respect for passengers who are paying thousands of dollars to fly on this expensive airline. Even Business Class passengers (and Skywards Gold members) like myself have to endure this generally ignorant and condescending behaviour as they do not value any passenger, whether he/she is a frequent flyer or not.

Moreover, the cleanliness level of their aircrafts is extremely poor. I opened a fresh pair of headphones from the sealed packaging on my flight yesterday and it had gravy stains on it. I have posted these photos on Tripadvisor, as I couldn't post here. Moreover there was hair and food crumbles on my seat presumably from the previous flight. At a time when customers are so worried about travelling due to the Covid-19 pandemic, airlines like this operating such unclean aircraft are just risking the passengers' health and safety even more. People should avoid travelling on this airline in order to reduce their risk of infection.

Original review: March 19, 2020

My flight with Emirates (Athens-New York-Athens) has been cancelled. I spoke with an Emirates representative over the phone and they told me that they cannot fully refund me, which is obviously not in accordance with my rights as a client. I agreed terms & conditions when I was paying them 500 Euros, which were clearly stated that if the airline cancels the flight I will be eligible to full refund. I am eligible only to travel voucher or refund with fare rules, as they told me.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Birthday celebration???? Due to recent developments of corona virus our further trip to Switzerland got cancelled and we had to fly back home to Dubai. When the cabin supervisor Ms. Pearl came to know about it, the entire team came up with a surprise for my birthday. They made my day. It was nothing less than a dream come true!! Thank you Entire team of @emirates EK072 CDG-DXB (16/03/2020) for making it so special!! Special thanks to Cabin Supervisor Pearl ** and team - Emma, Marius, Marios, Paniyotis, Eunji, Lilian, Wasim!

Original review: March 17, 2020

Discovery Vitality International Flight Bookings via Discovery Credit card and with Discovery Travel Insurance on Emirates Airline: Discovery Vitality and Emirates is well aware of the Covid-19 virus and instead of assisting and supporting their loyal customers with travel cancellations under the circumstances, they merely state that they will NOT waive the cancellation fee of R2000.00, even though cancellation of international travel is beyond the customers control. IT IS NOT THAT WE DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL AND ARE MERELY CANCELLING FLIGHTS, "WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRAVEL" due to the risk of being infected/quarantined etc! Also, the resorts booked etc are shut down! This is Discovery's and Emirates' stance during a time where we are faced with a pandemic! Well done on "coining it" on the cancellation fees for Discovery/Vitality's/Emirates own financial benefit at the cost of loyal customers! Really Pathetic!

Original review: March 1, 2020

I booked the return flight for my parents. Due to genuine reason/coronavirus issue I'm requesting to alter the return flight but airline is asking more money than I can buy new one way ticket online. Will never travel by Emirates again!!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

On Our Way to India on 10th Jan '20, our layover in Dubai was the worst experience we've ever had. Our Flight was late from EWR airport and when we finally arrived at Dubai airport, we found there were already hundreds of passengers waiting due to rain in Dubai on 8th Jan. We reached there on 11th Jan 9:30 am and were stranded there until 9pm, with hundreds of other passengers including little kids. Everybody was very upset, because no information or explanation was provided about late departure prior to departure from EWR or about the whole situation at Dubai airport. Passengers were waiting desperately for information while ground staff was extremely rude & threatened every one that no help will be given to those who keep asking.

The worst part of it was that while people were stranded for over 12 hours, all they offered were some muffins and some bottles of water. Passengers, including kids, were starving, thirsty & tired. In the midst of all this, ground staff was rude and treating everybody horribly. We were afraid to leave and go look for food because we just didn't want to miss any information. At one point, the staff took our passports and were gone for a while without any explanation. They should have arranged for proper food & water for the people who were stranded. Also, if this was the situation at the airport, incoming flights should have been canceled. As we were there, there were still more flights coming in and more passengers getting stranded.

It's inhumane to have people starving & thirsty for hours like that. The in-flight staff was great and so was the ground staff at EWR & Mumbai was also good. But what happened at Dubai airport was horrifying and the staff was rude and completely unsympathetic and unwilling to help! We've had good experiences with Emirates and this was shocking behavior - I expect much better from Emirates. I hope that Emirates is looking into this and making sure this doesn't happen again. I hope to hear back from you soon!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I flew with Emirates on 15th of December 2019 from Brisbane to Dubai with 2 hours delay in Brisbane. I had a connecting flight which I was about to miss as the result of the delay. In Dubai airport, there were no ground staff to help with the transportation to the gate and I had to run all the way to the very last gate and my knee was injured as I was rushing to get to my flight. Furthermore, my baggage wasn't delivered until 4 days later and I had to buy clothes and spend time and money for no reason. After sending a formal complaint following with 3 more follow up emails still no response from Emirates. Absolutely, terrible customer service. Emirates not entitled to known as a 5-star airline.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Had the worst experience with the Emirates. We had a flight and hotel booked for the 28 of January and the emirates changed our flight to 29th of January. We had to cancel the flight and the booking because the sudden date change did not work for us. We got refund for the flight, but the hotel was non refundable so we just lost 2000 eur, because of the emirates. When we called there they said that they are not responsible for the hotel and not to bother them. When their unannounced date change was the issue that caused the problem. I do not recommend this airline when you have non refundable tickets.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I travelled from Trivandrum to London via Dubai on 26th January 2020. The check in staff Dijo very kindly, helped me by prompt check in, helped with seat allocation and confirmed my Dubai Connect arrangements.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My little girl traveled to Dubai for Christmas. Her school let our late, so she had to join the rest of the family who had gone ahead. She traveled as an unaccompanied minor on Emirate Airlines. As a mother, y'all can imagine the thoughts going through my mind. The fears that filled my heart and the dread I felt letting her go. Traveling alone, through a region that is volatile. In our times when no one is sure of anything. Her father looked at me like I was crazy, but he went along with it.

However, from the second the Emirate officials received her from me at Dulles Airport, I immediately calmed down. 2 officials were permanently with her until I completed the paperwork and kissed her goodbye. They assured me she was in good hands, and just the way they smiled at her, eased my fears. As I watched them hold back 1st class passengers so my little girl could go in and settle down, I started smiling. She called me later and told me, "Mom, they are treating me like a princess". Same thing in Dubai while she was waiting for her sister and aunts.

Her return journey was the same, they left a few hours before her, but were allowed to stay in her lounge with her for a little while. And they said, "Mom, the unaccompanied minor lounge is the bomb". I hugged the crew when I picked her up at Dulles and thanked them profusely. And first thing my little girl says after kissing me... "Mom, can I go to England by myself in June?" I suppose she now feels all grown up now. She'll still be an unaccompanied minor. I'll think about it. Only if Emirate Airlines goes that way. Thank you Emirate Airlines, I'll forever love you.

Susan.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Passenger Details. Name : Ved **. Travel Date : 11th== Jan & 12th Jan. Actual Route : Mumbai – Dubai – SFO. Travelled Route : Mumbai – Dubai- LAX. Because of weather issue on 11th January in Dubai, Emirates flight was diverted and hence I missed my connecting flight Dubai- San Francisco and Emirates Staff offered me with Dubai – LAX Flight. During this Travel my luggage Bag got misplaced in transit. I have already called customer care several times and raised an online complaint. But still as per customer care they are not sure where is the baggage and we don't know what is happening. If you could assign someone responsible in your team who can help it will be highly appreciated.

At LAX Airport I complained that luggage hasn’t arrived and my name was also didn’t appeared in missing baggage list. As per procedure, I provided the required details to officer in-charge (Joseph) on LA Airport and he assured me and all the other Emirates Airline PAX that they will raise PIR for all and they noted details of passengers on paper. But my PIR is not yet registered (even after 72 hours). Because of that we are not able to track our luggage on emirates website and from customer care on call. After that we are in continuous touch with Customer Care on call, but nobody is giving proper answer. Hence it has forced to write an review on this forum. I request you to please assign our request to your team member and get it resolved. Please reach out to me at **.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

If you have important meetings, rather not risk flying with Emirates. I traveled to San Francisco (SF), USA, for important business meetings in the city and Silicon Valley. After experiencing almost 4 hours of delays I was informed on my arrival (12 Jan. 2020) in SF, Emirates informed me that my baggage had been lost. I was asked to complete a form and was told that the bag would be delivered to my hotel the next day. This was already upsetting because I didn't have clean clothes and would be attending my first meeting the following morning (13 Jan. 2020) at 09:00.

I was forced to buy a clean set of clothes. After being told that Emirates would be in contact with me, and having heard nothing from the company I decided to call them later that day, only to find out that my baggage would only arrive the next day (14 Jan. 2020). As upsetting as this was, I didn't want to spend more money to rectify their mistake, so I borrowed a set of clothes from my colleague for our meetings the following day. Once again, not hearing anything from Emirates, I called them the morning of the 14th to ensure that everything will be taken care of. However, when I returned to my hotel later the afternoon my bag still was not delivered. Once again, I called Emirates just to hear that there was not anything they could do to resolve my issue, I was simply asked to wait. Now I will have to spend more money fixing their mistake.

The lack service, communication and professionalism I received from Emirates has been distasteful. There has been no effort from their side to rectify their mistake, which is appalling for a company who consider themselves a leader in business travel. For this reason, I believe one should rather avoid using their services if you are time-pressed and have important meetings to attend.

Emirates Company Information