3.59/5
Based on 1,984 ratings submitted in the last year

2291 Delta Air Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

My flight was suppose to depart at 835 pm. It was delayed twice. Then at 10:15 pm we were told that a captain was found legal to fly the aircraft and they announced pre-boarding. A few minutes later they got back on the intercom and apologized and said that captain last minute isn’t able to fly the aircraft. It is now 10:36 and we are still waiting. They are telling us they don’t have any updated info and one man confirmed that the flight would for sure leave tonight but the man next to him said, "We can’t guarantee that it will leave tonight." The chaos and misinformation is so extremely frustrating ESPECIALLY this time of night. So here we sit at almost 11 pm with no updates and no information other than we need to sit down and wait and see. Very disappointed in Delta and their customer service on this one.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Flying from CLT to SLC on 9 Aug a steward's in comf. The young lady steward on that flight helped us we were in comf. + she helped us with our seats. I am 85 years old and she was such a blessing to my wife and I. She was fun, friendly, informative. All I can say she made it the best trip I have had on a plane in my life. Thank you Delta for having such a great person working for you. Wish I could remember her name.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Delta just kept canceling my flights, had me sitting at the airport most of the night and kept telling me there's nothing they can do about it. And one of my family member was sick throwing up and still they had me running from one gate to the next, and every time I get to the gate I'm told the flight is cancel. I will call my lawyer, this is unacceptable... I ask for a refund and the agent told me, "I will give you a refund but figure out how you will get back to NY." I have a 3 yr old with me who was sick and crying to go home and my mom who meds was in the suitcase which they send to NY on a different flight and still I got no help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Somehow I've managed to fly every major airline several times, but never Delta. On a trip to Utah, my wife and I ended up flying and it was the worst experience. Flight there was filled with disasters. First our tickets were not printed correctly, so had to get out of the front of the security line back to the counter for a reprint, then back to queue up again for security.

Next, boarding at a gate was awful - I've been told there's a new boarding procedure, but I couldn't tell you what it might be. It was total anarchy getting on the plane. We were then told that there was no more overhead space for carryon luggage, but after checking at the gate, we found that over half the bins were empty. With this being my first time flying Delta, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but same nonsense on the return flight. No discernable boarding program and anarchy at the gate, and mandatory checking of carry ons with most of the overhead bins empty. We asked asked if we could keep our carry on because it had fragile things in it on the return, but the attendants were aggressive and rude. Booking a flight to Minneapolis later this year and going out of my way to avoid Delta.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My 14 old brother was a part of mandatory UMNR program. The whole registration process was a mess. At first we were told by a registration agent that he wasn't registered for a program, when I insisted that he was as I wouldn't be able to purchase a ticket without registering him for a program, the agent was able to find a record. Without apologizing for the stress, he proceeded registering my brother and printed his boarding pass with the assigned seat that I requested 6 months ago 40A (near the window). At the time of the boarding after standing in line we were told by the stewardess in a pretty rude tone that my brother will be boarding the last. We waited for an entire airplane to board and the stewardess finally nodded us that we can go ahead. She then printed additional slip and without showing it to me took my brother to board.

When the plane took off, my brother texted me that he was seated to the seat #17 in between two other passengers and his REQUESTED and already assigned seat was given away to somebody else. Nobody told me that at the time I was passing my brother to the Delta Airline agent, and needless to say my brother who studies English as a second language wasn't able to raise a concern on his own. I felt helpless and very disappointed. The terrible service we received cost us $150 in addition to the plain ticket and caused the worst international travel experience. This complain was submitted at the airline website first to give them a chance to respond. After waiting for a month with no respond, I am re-posting here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Because Delta did not give me a reservation, please tell me why you charged my credit card and please refund my money so I can make my booking elsewhere. Hello, I'm requesting that someone calls my credit card services to drop the charges on my credit card. On Friday evening, I was trying to make a reservation for a flight to Paris that's making me rethink now if I should still have to go. Anyways, after picking the flights I wanted, I proceeded to making sure my infos were correct and after submitting everything I got a message saying "something went wrong." Naturally, I assumed my card was not charged, evidently, I was wrong because not only that I did NOT get the reservation but my credit card was charged.

Here we are 6 days later, I still don't have the reservation, my card the charges are still pending and no one at delta seems to find a solution for me. I talked to associates at Delta who assured me that Delta never charged my card and supervisors who are telling me that it was me who made a mistake somewhere but you know what? The mistake was coming to make a reservation on your site. Please SOLVE THIS TODAY!!! This took place on August 3rd evening.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Delta contacted my home phone, texted me and emailed me stating my flight was delayed on 8/3/19. My son and I arrived at the airport at the new time only to be informed by the Jacksonville Delta ‘Supervisor’ that the notifications should not have gone out and the flight left at the original time leaving us and other passengers behind. We were rebooked through Atlanta and arrived at our hotel at 1am. Horrible experience and we paid for a direct flight to arrive at 5:30 pm. Never will I fly Delta again. Delta simply does not care nor compensates passengers for their massive incompetence. This is one of many recent issues I have had with Delta.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Due to an unfortunate turn of event with my health, I couldn't make the trip for my vacation at the last minute. Even though I purchased a pair of non-refundable and non-exchangeable tickets, Delta Airline customer services was very understanding, sensitive and supportive of a difficult time I experienced. After a few validation steps, they immediately issued full value vouchers for me and my wife valid for 1 year. The whole interaction was painless and effortless. I praise this company's business ethics to put customer first in difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

On my last (take that any way you want) flight on Delta they smashed one of my hard side bags. It must have been dropped from quite a height to break it like that. I have been getting nothing but run-arounds and denials and ignored since I submitted my claim five months ago for the damage to the bag and its contents. If you read the fine print they refuse to take any responsibility for anything inside your bag if it is breakable or not readily on sale at Walmart. As for the bag they broke, they have ignored that claim so far. If you have anything of value that you want at your destination send it by UPS or the post office. They will get it there when they say they will and if they break it they will take responsibility for their actions.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

We were flying from Deer Lake Newfoundland, our first flight took off 30 minutes late due to their not being enough representatives to check in customers for the flight. After missing a connection to Minneapolis Minnesota, we were told by the Delta gate agent that there was no way they could help us for ticketing and we would have to call the automated line. I was flying with my husband, two-year-old daughter, and I myself am 15 weeks pregnant. They did nothing to go out of their way to help our situation or listen, just wrote down a telephone number and told us to give it a call. I felt helpless and not listened to.

We had to wait on hold for over 90 minutes to get a ticketing agent on the phone, only to have a terrible connection to get us in after one in the morning Colorado time. The gate agents names in Toronto were Josephina and Xinwei. They obviously had no empathy and could think for themselves, sounded like a robot just saying we had to talk to customer service on the phone. I will be contacting whoever I can in Delta to relay my experience and never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Company Information