3.7/5 (656 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: July 6, 2022

I cashed out 55,600 miles from my AMEX Delta Platinum card. I received a $500.00 digital Certificate with an order number and date. I tried to give it to my daughter to use to book a flight. They did not accept it. I spent two hours on the phone with Delta Airlines and American Express to attempt to resolve the issue. Not one of the five people I was bounced around to knew how to resolve the issue. "Let me transfer you was their response..." Very unprofessional. I plan to cancel my Delta card. I'm done. I thought there was integrity left out there. I guess not. I lost $500.00, however, they lost a dedicated member since 1983. I'm very disappointed...

Original review: July 3, 2022

1st Issue: In May of 2022 I had a Delta flight ticket. Flight was at 6:00 am. They had canceled the flight and sent a notification after 10:30 pm the night before where I already had gone to sleep. In the morning morning I received a notification that my flight is at 6:00 am. I was a mile away from the airport in Uber I received another update that my flight is at 2:30 pm. I was going to IAH to BUF. I decided to stay at the airport to take the changed flight. Flight was delayed several more times through the journey arriving at BUF nearly at MIDNIGHT (12:00am) where I was to arrive around 11:30 am that morning.

2nd Issue: I bought another ticket from BUF to IAH in June of 2022. This time I had a conflicting schedule and could not fly that day and canceled the ticket 30 minutes after I purchased it for a full refund. I got a confirmation email saying REFUND CONFIRMATION REQUEST, then in another area of the DELTA App it says your case is being processed and refund should be in 7 days. I received a notification on Jun 20th of my flight being still active. I called Delta and they said it is being processed and there is nothing on my part to do at this time. Today I received a notification again that my flight is in 2 days.

I called Delta again and this time the rep. tells me that I didn't cancel my flight and she just canceled it and sent a confirmation. As of today (7-3-2022) they are still holding on to my money since purchased in early June. Rep doesn't even know when this refund is going to be approved and the funny part of this purchase is that it says HASSLE FREE 24HRS. CANCELLATION!!! I guess they mean it just like what they release in the toilet bowl daily. LOL.

PLEASE DO NOT FLY DELTA. SAVE YOURSELF TIME, MONEY AND GRIEF, FLY OTHER CHEAPER BRAND OF AIRLINES. DELTA got too big and do whatever they feel. I heard people have better experiences from even with SPIRIT Airlines than DELTA or AMERICAN airlines. I will never fly again with these two airlines. There CEO and everyone can kiss my a**. REMEMBER, These employees and CEO's live right next to you. Give them the same treatment as they do to all of us flyers. I want to give "NEGATIVE 10 STAR".

Original review: June 28, 2022

Our flight was cancelled at 1am. We saw the notification at 3am. The hotel we were staying at was booked out and they were nice enough to allow us to stay an extra night in our same room. Unfortunately, our room was priced up to $1500 because their peak season started. We had no other options in that moment to look for another hotel in a foreign country at that hour, and there were no other rooms available.

We submitted a complaint, got a case number. No one got back to us ever. Two months and hours worth of phone calls later I finally get someone to work the case, only for them to tell me that Delta has a max of $500 cap for extra stay. We were not trying to have an extra free night of fun, we had responsibilities pending, it was a total nightmare. This entire experience left us feeling like flying anywhere with Delta is a huge gamble now. No one is safe with these flight cancellations. Delta needs to figure out another way to take care of their customers and offset the out of pocket expenses that are unplanned due to these cancellations. If you don’t have staff, don’t sell the seats!!!

Original review: June 21, 2022

The call to check on delayed baggage was given a hold time of 10 hours??! When it was 4 hours another try, I let my google phone hang on. After 5 hours it beeped to let me know someone picked up. It took 3 days for it to be delivered.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Canceled my flight three hours prior and left me stranded having to find a place to stay at until I could get out the next day and my pets at home were left unattended because of this. They have made no effort to compensate for this and I spent 4hrs and 45min on hold only to be hung up on. Customer service via messaging has lied about how much compensation they can provide. Horrible service and I will never trust to fly with them again.

Original review: June 16, 2022

In January 2022, I booked a flight home...first class. My flight was rescheduled. I was given a seat in coach on both flights! Last week I was flying back from FL to TN. Delta kept delaying my flight later and later. It caused me to have to call out of work at a hospital (I am a nurse). I informed the CSR that I just want a refund. He said that they could do this. Just called Delta, there was no refund in progress. It took 50 min of waiting for that call to begin. When I asked about the first class flight in January, I was told that I had to call another number. I did so. That wait for response is over 3 HOURS!!!! Seriously! Customer service has NO meaning at Delta!

Original review: June 15, 2022

Delta's non-international first class is to me, a waste of money. I travelled from Sarasota, FL to Kansas City International return and spent $293 extra for first class over the comfort plus seating. Both trips were via Atlanta. I had never travelled first with Delta, so thought I would give it a try. You get early boarding, but as your seat is designated, that is really unimportant. There are as much booze and hot/cold drinks as you want, but no food, only snacks. The second leg, ATL-KCI, was over 2 hours. Delta should serve at least a sandwich/yoghurt etc for that duration. As the journey is under 900 miles you are stuck with snacks.

The seats on the Boeing 757-200 and 737-900 have no lumbar support at all and I found them very uncomfortable. Bring a pillow or inflatable cushion would be my advice. On the 737, I was at the back of first class and my seat had zero recline. It was all that was available when I purchased the ticket. I had 2.5 and 3.5 hour waits at Atlanta for the next plane and was hoping as I paid for first class, a lounge would be available. No such luck. You have to be an international traveller or own a special credit card, like Delta's own or I think, AmEx.

On Delta's website, I could not find any info about lounge availability, so emailed them. I'm still waiting for a reply some 3 weeks later. I tried to call, do you really need me to tell you the wait time? It's true you have 21 ins of seat width and 37 inch pitch. But for a lot less money, $293 in my case, you can get Comfort Plus with 34-inch pitch and 17.2 inch width. Very disappointed with value for money, I would not waste my time paying for this seat, you may think differently of course.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Just disgraceful customer service. Flight canceled, their flight to JFK was canceled stranding a few dozen people and no help whatsoever. They even kept the 99 dollars they charged for extra weight on my luggage. The audacity and lack of professionalism of these people is on a whole different level. Just spare yourself the experience and fly with a different airline.

Original review: June 10, 2022

After the RSA conference, I took the Delta flight back to Boston. Even though my office travel agency had booked a window seat for me, it was changed to middle and I went to ask for a change. I was told it was full and a lady walks to them and given a choice of window or aisle ??? When I asked about this, the lady in turn blames me for waves dropping and yells in front of everyone threatening to call the law enforcement officials and get me arrested!!!! My legs started shaking and couldn’t stop crying for getting insulted in front of all other passengers! Never in my life, I was mistreated like this. I am a mother of 2 kids, a professional working in a reputed company at a high position and I was treated like a criminal. I will definitely talk to my lawyers.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I arrived at the airport 2 hours before my flight which is usually 1 hour more than I need. When I arrived the self-check kiosk wasn't working and the line for Delta bag check had at least 200 people waiting. There were only 3 bag checkers working and no one from Delta was giving information to the people in line. I waited in line for 2.5 hrs. to be told they can't check my bag my flight had left, I then waited in the rebooking line for another hour before realizing that my trip was ruined. The hold times are ridiculous. I'll never fly Delta again.

Original review: May 5, 2022

If 0 was an option on likeliness to recommend I would have put 0. Upon retrieving my bag from baggage the hardcover of my suitcase was completely broken in and a wheel was broken off of my suitcase, the bag zipper was also broken and my bag was partially open. My boyfriend's suitcase was left in New York. I went to the baggage office where they told me I had to fill out a claim online. After waiting three hours on the phone to talk to someone I was able to file my claim and found out that the baggage service at the airport should have done this when they said I had to do it online. A month later I called back and wait another three hours and they say they will be getting back to me soon.

The bag they destroyed was a part of a set and was the largest one of the set, in total the set was $250. Their resolution was to give me $125 even though I sent them a tag that showed the exact bag they destroyed was $200. Suzettra the baggage manager I spoke to on this was extremely rude, spoke over me and when I asked to interject after she gave a monologue she actually told me no and continued to talk over me then ended the call. Absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced they ruined my bag and gave me half the cost to replace it as their “resolution” and then their baggage manager was extremely rude and unprofessional. I have never experienced worse customer service from an airline in my life. I have never been so appalled by an airline's customer service. United and American have always been great to fly. Will never fly Delta again.

Original review: April 24, 2022

On April 7th I checked in at Atlanta airport very early. Arrived at the gate, printed on my boarding pass so there were nobody at the gate. Monitor showed Atlanta flight on the screen. Later on, I suspected something was wrong because there were not more info on the screen. I didn’t hear no announcement or text or email informing that the gate was changed. I asked a worker and told me that the gate was changed. I walked as fast as I can because the boarding time had passed. Arrived at the gate and flight was still opened. The flight was delayed. I approached to the assistant and when I tried to talk, she didn’t let me talk, just told me to move to the other side and she started checking in two men and let them inside the airplane. I knew they were standby passengers. Then, she started talking to another man that was trying to get into the same airplane. Then I explained to her and shower her my boarding pass and she didn’t even looked at it. She just told me to wait and went inside.

Minutes passed and I saw the screen that changed the status to close. Later on she came back, she started assisting the other man, gave him another flight. Meanwhile, I waited again for her. She never talked to me or told me what was going on. I asked her a couple of time and she stayed quiet. She just was in the computer. Until I got upset and asked her one more time what happened. I asked her if she was going to let me in. It was like I was talking to the wall. Then, I told her that I need to get into that flight. She stayed quiet. This was a really frustrating situation looking this woman doing nothing for me, at least to give the info that I needed.

Finally, when I asked her to let me in, and if the flight was closed, then she told me yes. Her excuse was that they called me and I wasn’t there when passenger were boarding. I told her it wasn’t my fault, the gate changed and I wasn’t notified. She ignored me again, and then I started telling her why she didn’t let me in when she saw me 10 minutes before the flight was closed, and that I knew she gave preferences to people in standby that me. She just told me that she was going to try to help me but because I had an attitude, she wasn’t going to help me, that I need to go to customer service instead and she left me there like I was nobody.

What kind of customer services this woman has, she was unprofessional, she ignored me since the beginning, she lied to me, she fooled me like I was a kid. If she would have explained to me since I got there, I would understood. This is unacceptable and intolerable. I never have such a bad experience with Delta before. I asked for her name and she didn’t tell me. I wish you guys know who was the person “in charged” that day and that time. She should received a warning and re-trained her how to take care of customer.

Original review: April 21, 2022

They left us all stranded in Atlanta overnight without giving us food vouchers or motel rooms. They said it was due to the weather and not their fault. That was a lie. We had a strong tailwind the whole entire way to Atlanta that only helped make up for the hour it took the one poor baggage handler to load the whole plane by himself. Any time you try to reach customer service, you are on hold for a minimum of 3 hours, but don’t waste your time, they will only make up excuses or lie to you. Worst flight experiences and worst customer service of all the airlines. Most unhappy employees too.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Delta let me pay for a first class ticket, allowed me to check in and receive a first class ticket. And then at the last minute they bump me down to economy! No explanation!? No refund?! No credits! Just a run around and pass the buck with the explanation that need to call customer service. Wait time you ask? 4 hours!! And then I find out that’s a “great” wait time as it is usually 8 or more hours. What?!

So I get to fly in the back at the price of a first class ticket and this is “normal” according to the gate attendant that tells me she can’t do anything to help me as this happens “all the time.” Come on Delta! Try harder. You’ve lost a customer for life. Even if they did offer a credit, what am I going to do with that? Get another overpriced ticket and get screwed over on that one as well? Good plan. I’m so sick of poor poor customer service. I guess I can say at least they didn’t give excuses, just “sorry about your luck sucker”.

Original review: April 16, 2022

My husband and I are on a trip together yet thanks to Delta I am stuck sitting by strangers. My husband is in the top tier for Delta yet they can't figure out how to link two reservations together. Very disappointed. Going to find a new airline before we bother trying to travel together again.

Original review: April 15, 2022

My nephew's 6months old baby was having fever, we were looking to change the flight and had to wait 3hrs to talk to an agent. We also tried over online but could not make any change. It is absolutely nonsense.

Original review: April 13, 2022

If I could give Delta negative stars I would. I’ve been a customer since 2007 and recently moved which I guess triggers some security breach with Delta. I then tried to reset my password which prompted me to call their call center where I was on hold for over an hour and a half. I then worked from Eric from Africa who speaks French. He was great and helped me to reset my password then I asked to transfer to a manager to see why this simple process took so long. She blamed it on the weather and told me to have a good day. Safe to say I will not be flying Delta again. Jet Blue is a much better option. Can’t swear so I despise delta and recommended you never join SkyMiles.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Delta's customer service is non responsive and can take hours to connect with. The virtual log in system is unpredictable, difficult to access and unreliable. Getting clear information is virtually impossible. I have resorted to leaving 5 hours early for a morning flight so I can speak to a human, check in and access my boarding pass. Difficult, stressful and utterly disappointing customer support.

Original review: April 4, 2022

My husband went to Florida for a Navy reunion. The return flight was canceled. He asked about a hotel and meal. Delta says they provide if longer than 3 hour delay. They said no and he slept in airport!

Original review: April 3, 2022

Can you imagine a help line with a 7 - 9 HOUR wait? Delta either has a very serious problem with their reservation system or they really don't care to talk to their customers. Or, there maybe another issue at play. We made reservations using SkyMiles. After several days of not getting a confirmation number or ticket number we found that there was no record of our reservations. Trying the help line, as discussed above, was not an option. So we decided to rebook the very same flight. Imagine our surprise when the flight now cost more than twice the SkyMiles than the original reservation. So maybe the reason for the "lost" reservation was to be able to jack up the cost of the reservation?

Original review: March 31, 2022

When I booked my most recent flight from Minneapolis to South Africa the flight time was approximately 26 hours each way, going out they managed to keep to this schedule, but before I travelled Delta changed my return journey from 26 hours to over 32 hours. If I had known this earlier I would have been able to book a better quality low cost carrier. I will not be using Delta again on this flight, their marketing is deceptive at best.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I booked with Delta through Expedia. I booked a selection that was to let me choose seats as I am traveling with 15 yr old who suffers abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting if she gets stressed. Well Delta now says I need to pay another 60. To pick seats for our round trip. And said my issue is with expedia. However everyone sitting around my daughter will be the ones with issues now as they will either be sitting by someone clutching their stomach and crying or vomiting on them. But delta does not care and Expedia says they can refund My money and I can re book.

Now we travel Saturday and I booked weeks ago. So the flights are even. Higher now. So good luck if you book with Delta and end up near my daughter. I can either afford to rebook or pay more to delta for seats. As I am fighting for disability and on top of that had a death in the family that requires me traveling tomorrow the day before the airplane flight from hell will be happening on delta if my daughter gets stressed. Both companies suck at customer relations or caring for their travelers. I am heading to expedia review next.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Avoid Delta and Salt Lake City at all costs. The Delta employees (clerical, not aviators) think they walk on water and threaten to call Security on everyone. You could wind up on the no fly list because you are not pleased that Delta did not keep its time schedule and you are majorly inconvenienced. I understand that Customer Service Reps take a lot of heat, but they should not immediately decide to close down when someone approaches their designated Customer Service station. If I’m going to be treated like that I might as well fly on a basement carrier!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I don't usually make post like this but I am absolutely SICKENED by the service we have received from Delta Airlines today. Leaving our home at 1 am to make it to the airport in St Louis early for the flight, my mom was greeted with a 1.5 hr wait at the bag check and ticket desk. She didn't even make it to security. Once they FINALLY addressed the 50+ people waiting in line, it was to tell them all that after their hour and a half wait the plane(s) had left without them. They stranded 50+ people at the airport. And when they told my mom the lady at the counter scoffed at her as if it had been her fault!

I spent 7 hrs on the road this morning having to go back to pick her up after their failure. After contacting the chat online I was transferred to two different agents who told me three different stories. (Yes you read that right.) Ultimately I was told I have to call in not use chat (after 2 hrs of chatting) and call in to receive a 4 hr wait time on hold! Stillll on hold. So here's one for you Delta Air Lines.

Today because of your horrific customer service:

My mother was disrespected in public by your rude employee.

I lost $75 worth of gas.

I lost $625 of potential income for the time I spent having to travel to and from unnecessarily due to your failure.

I put just short of 500 miles on my car.

My mother will not get to go see her first grandchild until we receive your "possible" refund in at the earliest 7 business days....too bad this week was the only time available in our family's schedule.

So here's to you Delta. We will never fly with you again and will be sharing our story far and wide. You can bet on it! UPDATE: 4 hrs on hold and they closed for the night without answering my call. UPDATE: after holding another hour and a half this morning to delta. We found out the lady at the airport didn't refund the ticket! Also they will not make this right and said compensation is not due to us.

Original review: March 3, 2022

My sister-in-law booked tickets through a third-party vendor at a discounted rate for our upcoming wedding. The ticketing agency did not follow through and book the tickets. She was not notified. I called the third-party agency who blamed Delta and claimed they had notified my sister-in-law which they did not. Further review on BBB website shows that this company does the same exact thing all the time.

I spoke with a very kind representative at Delta whose name was Autumn but she could not help. I asked to speak with a supervisor just to see if they would be able to honor the price (current price was now double price from 2 days ago). Supervisor came on was quite rude from the get-go - laughing at me when I asked if there was anything they could do. I asked to speak to her supervisor because I did not like her tone or the way she was speaking to me. She refused. Told me "there is no one here who will speak with you. And you can call back tomorrow but I will add a note to your file that we will not be helping."

Terrible customer service - I understand that the issue was on the third-party side but then Delta should not send out CONFIRMATION emails. If the flight is not confirmed, then don't say it is. And if your supervisors are that rude maybe it is time for some re-training so that they have a better understanding of compassion and empathy. Delta is a large company and I don't think standing by the discounted price FROM 2 DAYS AGO would have caused them significant financial burden, but the double price will certainly be a financial burden on my sister in law. Do better Delta.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

We always flew Delta and are also card holders but their fares have doubled since last year yet other airlines have reasonable fares. Delta also eliminated basic fares. Will not be flying Delta anymore as other airlines are offering better fares and better promos for card holders.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I was leaving this morning from Atlanta to Panama City Panama and was at the airport on time. Very early. Got there about 5:40am. My flight wasn't leaving until 9:45am. I checked in my 2 bags, etc. The ** male agent sounds foreigner. I believe from Africa. I hear an accent. He gave me my check-in ticket and wrote gate F14 and explain to me how to get there. He was acting sort of strange. He was done with my checking and was walking pacing as if he was thinking so I asked him if he was done with me. He respond yes, so I asked for my passport and ID card. He's acting strange like not wanting to give it back. I sat there at the gate for 3hrs and 40min. and notice the screen never change to show Panama so I step over to the counter, talk to the female agent and ask if I am at the right gate number going to Panama city Panama. She said, "No ma'am. This was never the gate to Panama city Panama."

I said, "OMG, now I'm going to be late to get there." Instead of her calling over to let them know I am on my way she never did. I'm sure they would have waited for me to board, just so I won't miss my flight. And she told me I have to go downstairs to take the train to E-15, and I had time to get there. Everyone was already on board. The only person I saw was a Officer and I told him what had happened. He said he was going to talk to them. I saw the plane sit there for 3min at least then backing up slowly. Then he returns with a female agent who was very unprofessional and rude not even caring. Blaming me instead of the ticketing person who wrote the wrong gate number. All of Delta's workers look out for one another. She just directed me to some help center. Said they'll have to rebook me.

I feel Delta is irresponsible and misleading with information and not caring, hiring anyone without experience. Why do they hire these people that doesn't know a thing!! They gave me the wrong GATE # first of all. Had me missed my flight today then blame me on top of it. I paid lots of money for first class and ended up staying behind because of them leaving me behind and not getting to Panama on the date I wanted to be there, they could have use their intercom to call my name or someone should have known that I already checked in so I am there. Is so upsetting they never use the intercom to reach me if I was only sitting at the wrong gate which they gave me. I should be compensated for this **.!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

Our trip began in Fargo ND on 2/12/22. After boarding the plane and waiting quite a while we were told to de board because of mechanical issues. Because of this we missed all our remaining flights and ended up waiting 4 hours until the plane was ready to fly again. We finally make it to Minneapolis MN and are forced to get a hotel for the night, which Delta did pay for after talking to 4 people. But they would not give meal vouchers or anything else to compensate for our lost time and money. We also had to pay for our own ride to and from the hotel. So it’s 5am the next day now and we go from MSP to ATL. We have to run to make our connecting flight and then deal with pretty unhelpful gate attendants. But nonetheless we make it on board, where after sitting for about 15 minutes we are told there is ANOTHER mechanical problem with the plane. So we sit and wait another hour before they finally get on and tell us to de board again…

So I am now sitting in the ATL airport writing this review not knowing when I’ll ever reach my destination of San Juan PR. It’s already been pushed back 3 hours at the time of me writing and we are offered no compensation for any of our troubles… Also 80% of the employees are less than helpful if not outright rude. I’m writing this to deter people from using this airline and save them the trouble of a a bad trip. And if not, then hopefully you have a better experience than me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have always loved Delta Airlines and use it often. My past trip was absolutely horrific though. I decided to use my Amex points to upgrade to 1st class, along with an additional $600. I took my 1st leg no problem. Ready to board in Atlanta, going to LAX, and was asked over the pa to please come to the podium. I did and was told I needed to board immediately as an immobile person was being put next to me. They hurried me into the plane and surge enough they bring this guy, who reeked of **, and put him next to me. The flight attendants then upgraded 5 or 6 people to 1st class, the upgraded people started demanding stuff and that was the end. The guy next to me passed out upon takeoff. I couldn't have got out to use the restroom even if he was awake. I went the entire trip not being able to get up and use the restroom.

I fell asleep and kept feeling something hurting my legs, I thought it was a backpack. When we landed and lights came on I realized he had taken off his prosthetic legs and threw them in my side. He had taken all of the space in the middle also. When we were waiting to get off plane in LA I asked flight attended to use the restroom. Which he told me I couldn't till they took him off. After approximately 3/4 of the plane got off they stopped it and took him off.

First of all, maybe they should have given him his own row since it wasn't sold out, or, put someone who hadn't paid the fare with him. It was beyond annoying. I wrote to DELTA and was told they could offer me $150 giftcard. Seriously, for a $1,200 trip? Unbelievable! I don't want to switch to American Airlines, the only 2 that go out of my local airport, but I seriously feel they didn't give a hoot about my problem. Definitely going to rethink my options, not so sold on DELTA anymore. Sad.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

The flight attendant for flight DL2364 from Indianapolis to Atlanta exhibited an aggressive and rude communication style towards the passengers, which is way below the standard of the industry. I have a Delta Gold/Elite Plus status due to my profession requiring air traveling 3 to 4 times a month. I have never witnessed anything like this before and I thought is important to write a review because this does not fit with my general opinion about Delta, which is still my preferred company for air traveling.

Delta Air Lines Company Information