2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.47/5
Based on 1,988 ratings submitted in the last year

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

We were scheduled to take Delta flight # 6196 at 9:10am from RDU scheduled to land at 11:26am in Ft. Lauderdale. Granted there were some weather related conditions, however our flight landed 5 hours late and we missed our cruise ship and thereby our entire family vacation for Christmas. Unfortunately, only 3 hours of the delay could be contributed to the weather as we had been told the final two hours of the delay that we could not take off due to missing crew, so the plane could not fly. Delta failed to keep passengers well informed and did not offer assistance to those that would be missing connections or their entire vacation due to the delay and lack of appropriate staffing.

We were stranded in Ft. Lauderdale upon landing and no offer of assistance due to their delay was provided by Delta. We personally contacted Delta upon landing and placed a complaint with corporate and have not received follow up or a response. Also, our agent at American Express Travel attempted to follow up on our behalf and she was told the Delta rep was “sad,” however the entire delay was due to the weather and it was unfortunate we were told there was an issue with the crew therefore there would be no offers of compensation by Delta for our missed family vacation. Totally unacceptable. We were there. The plane was missing crew or we could have taken off two hours earlier and made our cruise ship. That is not the weather, but poor management.

Delta “claimed” to our Amex agent that again this was all weather related and Ft. Lauderdale was closed. Maybe at some point, however in the last few hours of our delay, we heard other Ft. Lauderdale flights being called and leaving RDU...just not ours. Would be helpful if Delta was upfront, honest, and assisted their passengers as opposed to shrugging their shoulders. Not cool and there should be offers of compensation made to ALL passengers on that flight for the horrible experience. We weren’t the only family that missed the cruise ship on that flight and had their Christmas ruined.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I was flying from Jackson Hole to Seattle and the takeoff time was supposed to be 2:02 pm. It is currently 3:05 pm and we are still on the ground. This flight has been over an hour delayed and we have received no updates from the crew on why the flight was delayed so long. Weather is not the issue and we were all on the plane boarded at a reasonable time. I do wish that Delta would realize that people would like to know what is going on. Simply giving us the information would go a long way to reducing frustration. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I planned a trip to Las Vegas from 30 December 2019 until 5th of January. Arriving on December 30th to Las Vegas I found out my friend got into Hospital. I called SkyMiles account support telling them I have an emergency, and if there is a possibility to change my flight ticket to Leave as soon as possible right after landing in Las Vegas. It was 2 am on December 31st. The gentleman on the phone tells me, "Yes no problem we will charge you service fee 150 dollars." I was happy and thankful for such a quick resolution. Arrived to Miami, I found out they used miles from my booked trip December 30 - January 5 and also charged 46.000 miles in addition to $150 fee. It was never mentioned during my conversation with the agent that they will charge my miles to change the trip date.

I called Sky Miles support again and got transferred to corporate. All what I got, is "we will mention this and create a case but nothing really we can do, you used the service." Of course I will use the service. How would I know I got charged 46000 miles when my flight is in 3 hours after the conversation. So I got ripped off 150 for the service fee, and 46000 miles for one way ticket which was never mentioned in conversation. So why am I even paying 150 fee for the service. It is funny. I paid 150 to get myself ripped off 46000 miles. Disgusting business and company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I love most everything about Delta--flights on time, top notch planes, wonderful personnel--except their fares, specifically from Atlanta to international destinations. Their pricing is egregious. You can check most any gateway to Europe (and elsewhere) and from Atlanta it will be $800, but from Boston, New York, even Orlando/Miami, fares will be $300. A specific example. Fares to Paris for Jan-Apr are $300 from Boston; $274 from New York; $356 from Orlando. But from Atlanta? $814! When will the unfairness to Atlanta travelers be eliminated and whoever is "in charge" will make landing slots open to discount carriers like Norwegian, Level, or Condor?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Today I was scammed by Delta Airlines and I will continue to let as many people of the world know about my experience today. Today I purchased a comfort plus+ flight from Spokane, WA. to Las Vegas, NV. Today it was $348 to fly from Spokane, WA to Las Vegas,NV on flights 4111, and 2637. My return flight was also $348 to fly from Las Vegas, NV to Spokane, WA on flights 1226, and 3624; since both flights were the same it would be $348 round trip total. We realized that we misread the first flight and thought it was an AM flight. We were told by the system that we could change the first flight at no additional charge (so it was also $348). It let me pick the seats and I thought, WOW that was easy and all of this within 15 minutes of the original purchase. The confirmation page comes through and it changed the second flight to main cabin (x).

The site did not tell me it was going to change the second flight, IN FACT it showed me that it WOULD NOT CHANGE since the flight I changed was $348 as well. After talking to two representatives that REFUSED to honor the prices I was told I would get and paid for the second flight originally. They told me that they can't change flight prices and that the second flight is now more expensive and I will quote them "a glitch in the system that is known that happens and I get calls about it everyday". So basically I can get the first flight for $348 but the second flight.... the one I never changed I had to pay more for ($365) when I changed the first flight without notice from Delta. Delta nice way to get more money from people without telling them in advance. Instead I have had to explain myself multiple times to representatives that can't and refuse to help you. I took screenshots and I have my receipts from every change.

I should not have had to pay any extra money for the flight I never changed. This is a SCAM. I will report to every media outlet that I can of how I was scammed by Delta Airlines. I will show them the proof. I have screenshots and email receipts. My husband and I will never fly with Delta EVER again because I do not feel appreciated and feel taken advantage of. I don't want my money back. It's not the money...it's the principle that I was scammed. Never in a million years did I think Delta would start treating their customers this way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

This morning I tried to book tickets using the vouchers given to us due to another awful experience with Delta last March. Starting at 6:30am pst, I tried to book tickets online. The Delta website would not allow me to book, saying my card was not authorized. I called my credit card company and they told me that Delta was not even trying to authorize the charge, so I tried again through the website. Same issue. So I called customer service and sat on hold for an hour. The rep took 25 minutes to get my reservation working and quoted me the correct price that I had been seeing online, then said she needed to put me on hold for 3 minutes. 10 minutes later she came back online and quoted a new price that was $50 more expensive per ticket than the previous one!!! Of course, I said wasn't acceptable so she transferred me to a supervisor, Al, in Atlanta, told me the same thing and that there was nothing he could do.

So even though I spent over 3 hours of my day trying to book tickets, which I couldn't book due to glitches with the Delta website and then my hour long wait on hold, I now would have to pay $150 more for the 3 tickets that I had been trying to book for 3 hours!!! This is my third horrible service experience with Delta in a row. So sad. They used to be my favorite airline.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Rick ** - My flight from New York to Cancun with connecting flight in Atlanta. DL 535 first class from Atlanta to Cancun - Rick really paid attention to his passenger. He offered us more drinks after we finished our drink. He also offered me additional snacks when I told him that I did not want a beverage. He kindly told me, “Please tell me if you change your mind.” Though this flight had no food service (just snack and drink), Rick made up for it. What a wonderful service. He is awesome.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

At 2:20 pm I waited an hour for a return call back In order to receive information on my upcoming flight. The Delta agent said because of my Economy fare he was not able to check me in and that I needed to go to the airport in order to check in. Given it was an overbooked flight (which he told me over the phone), I would have to show up and see what was available. Then less than an hour later I checked my email and saw a check in email from Delta. Completely opposite of what I was told on the phone, that I could not check in until arrival at the airport. Unreliable, Not congruent, Low customer service rating. These are the statements felt from my experience checking into Delta.

Because of the poor customer service by phone and the email to follow, I would prefer to look for another airlines. I flew Alaska to my destination and it was so easy! Not only was Alaska accommodating and easy to navigate for check in, they gave me the option to spend more money and upgrade my seats which I did. Unfortunately I would have been more than happy to give Delta more money and upgrade my seat but there was no option for an upgrade as the level of ticket I purchased had no chance of upgrading! Completely uncalled for. If I knew there were no upgrades, or options to move into a more comfortable seat, I would have only booked with Alaska. I do hope they change their policies and allow upgrades as they become available. As I sit waiting for my last flight out, the agent told me due to my Econ tickets, he could not move me up from the last seat on the plane! Best of luck fellow travelers! I hope this helps.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

On a Christmas eve flight, 2nd flight of the day from NYC to Raleigh-Durham (11:30am) - Gate agent announces "there is no working bathroom on this flight, so you'd better use the one here in the terminal before boarding." Enough said, never again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Today I called Delta for information on a confirmed flight from Norfolk to Fort Myers. The recording said I had an 8 minute wait time. After 37 minutes I have no up. No update was given on the wait time during the entire hold. Do they really care about their customers? NO.

Delta Air Lines Company Information