3.3/5 (582 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My booking for Atlanta at the last-minute was never possible without the assistance of Delta Air Lines. The Delta Air Lines travel agency team in the United States gave me the best deals for the Last-Minute Atlanta Flights Booking as well. I booked Delta Airlines Booking for Atlanta and saved around $40 on my tickets. Thanks a lot again!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Hi, On 11/17/21 I was flying DFW to MIAMI. At layover point in LGA, I was offered an alternate flight to original destination. Under the impression that this is an adjustment for Covid concerns, I agreed to the flight change assuming there are no reward or cost involved.

Later I was charged 11500 miles on my frequent flyer account that I did not expected. I was promised this would be corrected and returned. I was tracking this under Case Number - **. If Delta representative will start penalizing unsuspecting passengers under the false impression of Covid concerns, Then people will be more conservative in trusting them which not good for the airlines or other passengers.

Considering the fact that Delta did not responded in 30 day time limit, and did not corrected unauthorized mile deduction, its recent business practices are not customer friendly. Charges were not made on credit card so it cannot be disputed. Now Delta does not honor and protect miles balance in a way they claimed while promoting their card and flights. Please be aware and don't count on your miles to be available when you need them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Delta Airlines is a money hungry, greedy company that doesn't care about disabled people at all. On 04/2021 bought tickets to Jamaica. Upgraded to first class during checkout. We never been first class. Trip was planned for 1/27/22 - 2/4/22. My wife and I are both disabled and have a fixed Social Security income only, this trip was a surprise to happen during her birthday after dealing with Covid 19 for over a year of staying indoors. We didn't go anywhere other than dr appt since we both have poor immune systems. This trip was planned on the tail end of Covid 19. Who knew there would be variants still to come in the future. Well on 12/09/21 we cancelled our trip as the Delta variant is in full swing and the new Omicron was taking off.

So figured this day and age with Covid and still over 1 1/2 month before our trip would have been we would get ecredits for our total purchase price of the tickets. WRONG. Delta just gave us ecredits for our basic seat price and told me there is no credits for first class and I forfeited the upgrade. SOOOO they just made over $1000 of free money and will be able to resell my first class seats to other people. If I was rich I would care but I overextended myself buying these upgrades being on a fixed income and just to be totally ignored as disabled isn't right and I never pull the DCARD. Customer service transferred me to 3 people. Each one saying the same that I will not be getting credit for the upgrades, So future flyers take note. DELTA AIR JUST DOESN'T CARE.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Last July I had to enter the hospital emergency ward with a lung disorder that had me in the hospital for 16 days. I could not fly on my appointed date and attempted to reach out to Delta to request a credit so I could fly when healthy again. The telephone waits were up to 7 hours. I wrote to Delta Customer Care 4 separate times, sent 2 separate fax communications to customer care (with confirmations they were received) and finally wrote a letter to Ed Bastian, Delta's CEO. I outlined the situation and informed Delta I am a senior citizen and disabled. I have never once received a response from Delta. Not one single response. Delta has demonstrated what may be the most horrible example of customer service in existence. Absolutely disgraceful. I will never travel with this airline again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

On October 17th 2021, I was returning home to Seattle from San Jose on Delta flight DL3768 at 7:30pm. After we boarded the plane and sat in the cabin for a few minutes, the pilot informed us of a 15-20 minute take-off delay. Not a big deal. There was a thunderstorm in Tacoma, and SEATAC had slowed the number of landings they would accept. This seemed fine to me and completely reasonable.

About 20 minutes later, the pilot let us know the wait was now 45 minutes. Real nice, but also not Delta’s fault. Around 8:30, she came back on the intercom one last time to tell us the delay was now two hours. It was then she announced we were going to unload the plane and they would let us mill about the airport until it was time to leave.

A handful of us had a sorely needed margarita at the Mexican bar that was right next to our gate, but the kitchen was closed. Having had no dinner, I wandered farther down the terminal in search of protein. This was around 9:05. After a small and mediocre sandwich, I came back to the gate to find it completely empty - no passengers, no staff, and even the monitors were dark. It was around 9:30 now, and I’d only been out of earshot for about 25 minutes before returning to this Twilight Zone episode.

I couldn’t find my flight on any of the arrival or departure screens, and there were no Delta employees in sight. In fact, the entire airport seemed suddenly abandoned. At 10pm, I finally found someone who worked at Delta who was manning a gate where a flight had just arrived. After a brief verbal exchange that sounded like a “Who’s On First” routine about where I had come from and what I was asking about, she was finally able to pull up the information on my missing airplane.

They took off without me. My flight had left a half an hour ago. There was no airport-wide announcement that the flight was boarding (and I was listening to a paranoid degree). They didn’t call my name or look for missing passengers, and they left an entire hour before they said they were going to. This part was Delta’s fault. More than that, it felt almost personal. I know how long it takes to board a plane, and the answer is not 25 minutes. I’m trying to imagine the mad scramble it must have taken to get the plane fully boarded and off the ground while my back was turned, like an episode of Punk’d or Jackass. I must have just missed them when I returned to the gate. Just to twist the knife a little harder, they took my luggage – the roller bag they forced me to check because they overbooked the flight – to Seattle without me.

I assumed the woman that was helping me would put me on the next flight out, and she did – for 7am. Say what now? How can there not be any flights for the next 9 hours? I wasn’t offered any accommodations or reimbursements despite the fact that it was Delta’s fault I was stranded. After doing the math, I realized I would only get four or five hours of sleep if I left the airport and came back, so I stayed there. After 11, the terminal became an absolute ghost town. Even the shops shut down. I stayed there all night with the fluorescent lights, the stupid saxophone music on loop, no humans, no food, no sleep, and no water (since I wasn’t about the try the public fountain during a pandemic).

When I finally arrived at Seattle-Tacoma, I almost left without my bag. The person who was helping me couldn’t find it anywhere, despite the fact that it was a very distinct lime green. She checked and double-checked before finally opening a ticket and saying they would get back to me. I figured they had just completely lost it as the one final insult of this trip, and moped out of the office. Incidentally, I found it myself. I spotted the green hard-shell in the one and only one luggage cage she hadn’t checked. Apparently no one is supposed to use that crate because the lock is broken. Lovely. This was quite possibly the worst travel experience of my life, but at least I got an entertaining story out of it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I decided to apply for one of Delta's credit cards because of what it offers. Instead they gave me an entirely different card with zero benefits that I did NOT apply for. Interesting. Had they given me any kind of info that was the card I was applying for I would not have wasted my time applying simply because it offers absolutely nothing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Booked a flight to San Juan leaving December 10, 2020 returning December 19, 2020. Booked this flight in July to be certain I would get the flights I wanted because I needed to be home for Christmas plans early on the 19th. On November 1, 2020 was notified by Delta flight had been changed to a later flight also my husband and I were no longer seated together. To make matters worse a later flight on the same day had gone down $345.00 from what I had paid. I did not change our flight because it was very important to us to get home early on the 19th.

Called Delta - their response was no matter what the circumstances they do not compensate for flight changes in any way. So if I had changed my flight I would have saved $345.00. Since they changed my flight I was compensated only $150.00 and I assume that was only because they changed our seating resulting in us being separated. Very poor customer service. Delta please reconsider and do the right thing. I should receive the additional Ecredits.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

There were a few flights that were overbooked so I chose to volunteer my seat and get on a later flight. Customer service from beginning to end at the Fort Lauderdale Airport on Oct 14 & 15 2021 was impeccable. Tate went above and beyond. Well done Delta!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

The flight was scheduled with Delta from Milan to LAX on 10/27/21. Price paid $500. At the airport, I could not find the terminal. There was no Delta terminal. No one could direct me to a Delta terminal. Although I arrived at the airport in plenty of time prior to my flight I found an empty deserted terminal in a reclused corner that was unidentified and apparently used by delta 50 minutes before departing time. After looking for almost an hr, I found the terminal empty at 11:12am and the flight was leaving 12:50pm.

First there was no one to direct me to the terminal, then it took me an hr to find it unidentified in a deserted corner, and then 50 minutes before my flight it was empty and there was no one to direct me to my flight. I called Delta and the only solution they could offer me to get home was to take a $1800 flight with Qatar Airlines that was 22hrs instead of 12hrs with a 4 hr wait time in Iraq where I was scared to death and didn't want to go. I am a celebrity tattoo artist with my own shop and had 5 clients scheduled for that day at $2500 a client. I arrived in LA exhausted after a 22hr flight and missed my 5 clients for a total of $12500 income for that day.

TOTAL LOSSES I'M SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR:
Delta: $500
Quatar: $1800
Lost income: $12500

TOTAL: $14800

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

We flew tonight with our 1 year old child from Key West to Las Vegas, one stop in Atlanta. It was a worst experience in our life. Seats on the plane were smaller than usual, tv screen didn't work, plus they lost our 3 checked bags. Those bags all went into the different places, we will have to collect those over the next few days one by one. Never had such a horrible experience on any other airline, but Delta.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Delta Airlines is a low-cost carrier thus they have an economically fair price but they can take some chances. The seats don't recline at all and my tail bone was bothering me on the, there was very little room to move. I would recommend you not to opt for Delta Airlines if you have a long journey. I made an immediate return flight with American Airlines as it was much more comfortable. The prices for last minute flight was high that why I looked up online and came across an online flight reservation portal (AirlineTicketWorld) that offered me American Airline flight ticket at an unpublished price. You guys can also check out AirlineTicketWorld or call the flight reservation team at +1-888-720-1433, they offer exclusive fair prices for various renowned flights and also offer incredible discounts.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I booked international ticket transiting through London early August for December. Monday my ticket was changed without notifying me. We are three passengers. Transit time in London changed from 3 hours to 19 hours. What am I going to do regarding stay and another Covid test now. I called to fix issue. Changed my original departure date so my layover is again 3 hours. Spent four hours on hold and finally got this resolved. Nothing they can do they said. Now I thought okay everything is in order. Now two days later same issue. So now after waiting more than two hours on hold the agent is trying to fix issue again. She does not know what is happening but it is a mess. All issues cannot be resolved online. Delta needs to hire more customer service rep and fix the system. If they cannot help then they should not partner with other airlines.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Delta lost a long time customer. Due to a long delay, we figured we’d hit up the Sky Club since we have an infant with us and needed a place my wife could feed our child and have something to eat herself. Since we’re Delta Platinum card holders we figured it’d be worth the $40/person. Unfortunately our card was lost on vacation. It’s on our boarding pass, digital wallet and apps but that wasn’t good enough for the rude front desk attendant. Quite honestly, it’s sad to know that when you’re in most need of Delta support they’re just not going to be there for your customers. We’re going to take our travel business and card loyalty somewhere that wants it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have been using my Amex since 2006 and have been accumulating miles to use for travels. I never bothered checking Delta's statements but I recently called to find out where my miles went when I have hardly used it. To my surprise, when I login to my account on Delta.com, there are no records of where the miles went, unless very recent. I called their offices after holding hours on the phone and no one, including the supervisor, had an answer for me! I even sent an email to their CEO, Mr. Bastian and then a few days later I sent a message to him on Instagram with absolutely no response! I don't trust them anymore so I suggest for everyone keep their Delta statements and make sure you keep records of them at all times. P.S. what is this all about Delta's hold time of 5 hours. I even decided once to hold on, but no one picked up!! Not sure how these organizations run their companies anymore!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Booked a September trip with Delta in August. I know international travel has its issues right now but this is ridiculous. The airline has changed my itinerary twice now without my consent the first time sending me to an airport miles from my destination costing me a huge amount of money to book long distance transportation to get where I needed to be. Hours waiting on hold for customer service who told me they could not help without change fees and possible having to transit through a banned country which clearly Will not work.

Today I tried to check in for my flight only to find they have changed my return itinerary leaving me stranded in LA for 24 hours. Again most costs for hotels and transit. I have been on hold for customer service for over 4 hrs now and might as well give up as clearly there is nobody there. I also could lose my job due to this as I may not be able to get back in time for work. Surely an airline the size of delta has more than 2 representatives for the continental US. Obviously they don't care and take liberties with their customer itineraries knowing that it is impossible for customers to get help. I will be cancelling my SkyMiles account and never flying delta again. Absolutely appalling.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

My flight was at 6 A. M. and I got there way earlier than that, around 5:16 am to only to be told the plane has already left. Smh. Time punctuality at its finest smh. Never again. P.S. The staff is rude.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

My 8:30 flight boards at 8pm. Plane is at the gate, it's 8pm and nothing. There's no one at the counter and no update on the board, it says "on time." At 8:16 the counter rep shows up to inform us that they diverted our crew and they were trying to find another one. What?! Forty -five minutes later we board and start to taxi but, a lightning storm hits and now it's another hour wait.

I filed a complaint with the BBB since I arrived at the hotel after 2AM and had to speak at an event at 8am the next day due to their negligence. Their response? They blamed the lightning (that started at 9:05) when we should have left at 8:30 had they NOT diverted our crew. The pilot said, "if we only left 20 minutes earlier..." So they closed the complaint unresolved. Last time I ever use this dishonest company.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

My trip with Delta Airlines started on August 15 at 5.30 am. When I arrived at the Newark airport, it was 8.30 am and still waiting in line to deliver my luggage, it was when the Delta Airlines staff reported that the 8.30 am flight closed the doors in addition to the other flights and all the passengers stayed at the airport. They had 3 operators receiving around 200 people. It was at 8.30 am when one of the operators came up with the great idea of ​​moving the people who had left the flight out of the line.

Very quietly they asked me to return the next day. I refused because the next day I had a flight connection to another city to have my final destination. It was then that the Delta Airlines operator offered me a flight at 1.30 pm but I had to take a taxi to JFK Airport ($ 80 from my packet). Until then I thought, well, we are human beings and we make mistakes. It was then on my return from Cali Colombia when I was checking my luggage and the operator tells me that my carry-on bag does not meet the requirements on the aircraft ahhhh? "Probably my carry-on was growing up in Cali".

I brought carry-on from NY to Cali in hand but my carry-on bag could no longer return in the same way so the operator said he was holding it for me and I had to pay $ 120 dollars. (they charged me $ 127 dollars) But Delta Airlines was not happy enough with the damage that occurred so far, when I arrived in Bogota, a stopover place, I took the opportunity to buy two bottles of liquor which were delivered to me on the plane, sealed in plastic bags, the plane had a delay of 2 hours and a half in Bogota because they had not put fuel. They had to wait for the takeoff authorization signature and this together took about three hours.

My next stop was Atlanta Giorgia, where a Delta operator received us shouting and I think he was going to hit us, trying to hurry us without the right to ask anything. Immigration passed, then the scan part, and that was when an officer told me that I could not take my two bottles of liquor because they did not fit in the scanner and he threw them in the "garbage". As simple as that.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchase the Vacation package from Delta Vacations for vacation to Aruba. I was told the COVID testing at Marriott Stellar Aruba is part of my vacation package and they charged me $360 for the testing. Please help me get my money back for the COVID testing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I would like to give a kudos to Brandon, Sheri, and Stan at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. They were a huge help in helping my dad with the unaccompanied minor process as well as helping to locate my son's lost ID. Thank you all for being such a huge help even amidst all of the chaos! Sharri

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

After takeoff mult passengers near me either removed or lowered their masks below their noses incl the person next to me. I made the flight att aware who made an announcement but the people did not comply. No further action was taken. Very dissatisfied with lack of enforcement.

Resolution response: Aug. 10, 2021

OMGOSH absolutely love Delta!! Thank you for making good on your cancellation policy. Using the chat feature on the website was Fabulous! I knew I could count on Delta for great customer care. Will be using Delta as much as possible from now on! If only there were people who wanted to work customer service on your phone lines you would have a home run!! Will recommend to friends.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Booked 2 one-way flights after Allegiant Air canceled our outbound flights for dream vacation. Booked on Delta website, clearly stated a 24 hr no charge cancellation policy. Upon deciding not to risk being stranded at destination and after husband had spent 13 hrs in airports the day before with < 4 hrs turn around before Delta flight I tried to cancel online. Message popped up states must contact Delta by phone. Had initially tried that before trying online cancellation and gave up after 45 min. With telephone being only option I was on hold >3.5 hrs before falling asleep after 0200. Our flights I was trying to cancel were at 0600.

Planned to drive to airport to talk to desk agent, though they probably couldn't help. Overslept, waking 0530, not enough time to get to airport before flight. Ugh! Seriously, why can't anyone answer their phones in the airline industry?!? Delta, I hope to hear from you as your cancellation policy was clearly stated and through no fault of ours could not successfully cancel flights. Reservation **.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I just flew Delta today and the crew was extremely rude, threatening to kick people off the flight without bothering to ask politely to comply with the rules. And their phone system is totally of the hook. I called several times and was transferred directly to the survey and when I did finally reach the queue they told It's a 20 minute hold but it actually took an hour and a half until someone answered. When they did finally answer I must admit that they were very polite but not very knowledgeable in airline policy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I have been receiving text messages of a flight I never booked, I called to make sure no one else was using my info to travel, I was on hold for 3 hours and no one took my phone call. I texted to the link on their website and an automatic text came back that a rep would contact me. I'm still waiting after hours and hours. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Lynne ** was the customer service representative that assisted us with our tickets when we called the 1-800#. When I say at 2am in the morning Mrs ** was personable-kind- patient- professional- knowledgeable and persistent on getting us the BEST prices for our LONG flight to Alaska would be an understatement— Mind you, it was 2am in the morning and she NEVER missed a beat! Phenomenal customer service- is so hard to find but we found it- with Lynne! Thank you so much for your professionalism… The ** from VA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I bought my tickets from LAX to CDG (Paris) from Delta.com. I like direct flights by Air France. Delta didn't offer direct flight for return but Air France from Paris to Toronto on 29 July and Westjet from Toronto to Los Angeles departing 2 hours after arrival of Air France. Nobody told us about Westjet cancelled their flight many days prior to the 29 July. We got the news at Toronto airport when there was no agents or counter by Westjet. We were abandoned without any help and confronted with Canadian vey Covid rules. I am fully vaccinated and had negative PCR test with US passport but was not permitted to get out of the transit area. No Delta or Westjet counter or agent were present.

Canadian Immigration officers took charge of us, after 5 hours got tickets on Air Canada for the next evening and left us like prisoners' in the transit area where at that time only one hamburger kiosk was open. We passed the night on chairs at the airport and with many difficulties passed the day after to the US zone and waited there until 6:30 PM! Of course our luggage did not come with us but just 48 hours later than our delayed arrival to LAX. I called Delta Airlines, after 75 minutes wait time an agent who said was a supervisor responded by saying that's not their responsibility even though they had sold the ticket. It's like if you buy a good from a supermarket, you get sick and the supermarket tells you that's not their fault but the producer in Chile!! I never in my life had seen any Westjet plane or people and still didn't talk to anybody from them. Their phone is not answering and I am not sure if this is not a fraud. I LOST ALL TRUST IN DELTA AIRLINES AND AM SORRY THAT I HAVE STILL MANY MILES WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was traveling non rev and missed flight from ATL to BMI. My bag went. I called (on recommendation of the premium line) the BMI baggage and the woman (hate I did not get her name!) found my bag and routed it through Atlanta to Asheville Unbelievable. Yesterday and flight was 1411 to BMI if that helps ID her. Great Delta experience. It is always about the people.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I booked a flight with Delta through Expedia from Cancun to the US for our family vacation right before the pandemic. The trip was cancelled due to the pandemic and we were issued credits. I re-booked the trip and Expedia helped me use our credits and pay a little more for the new tickets. After that exchange Delta took control of the tickets from Expedia and sent me a trip confirmation for all five of our family members. I could see our seats on the plane through the Delta app. When we were in Cancun ready to fly home Delta told us our youngest child had a boarding pass but no ticket. They charged us $877.28 so we could get a ticket to fly our minor child home out of a foreign country. It feels like a bait and switch.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I’ve been trying to reach y’all now for 3 days and was just waiting on hold for an hour and you hung the phone up on me. I will not say what I want to say on here right now because I might get in trouble for using foul language. Delta is an awful airline at this point and I really really don’t wanna spend money with you guys anymore.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Delta Airlines stop packing your planes with no pilots. Sitting 2 hours for someone to work. Will never fly with you again. 3 times same month out of Atlanta. Tired of this. I feel like a hostage when I fly with you. Comfort class nothing.

Delta Air Lines Company Information