4.0/5 (170 ratings)

About Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I am very happy to say that my guest experience at the Comfort Inn and Suites, located in Red Hill/Myrtle Beach, SC was absolutely amazing! Not just a catchy name, there truly was COMFORT found in my experience from August - September, 2022. The hotel was very clean. Housekeeping was performed daily. To come back to the room after a long day as an OSHA/Safety manager, working in the field, leading people for twelve hour days...to find a room that was cleaned, bed made, fresh smelling...was wonderful! To date, I've stayed in 167 hotels throughout the domestic United States. I've had the pleasure of staying in some of the finest hotels/suites in Reno (NV), Columbia (SC), Boston (MASS), Las Angeles (CA), Tampa (FL), Orlando (FL), Phoenix (AZ), Omaha (NE), Albuquerque (NM), Portland (OR), New Orleans (LA), and many others; and I must say that my stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Red Hill/Myrtle Beach, SC was my FAVORITE!

The reason it was my favorite = the hospitality! The front desk clerk, Beth, was fantastic! Her professionalism is unmatched. Beth was very kind and polite! Beth had an aura that would light up the entire office. She is definitely an asset to the company! The remainder of the staff was delightful as well! Fresh food for breakfast? The Comfort Inn and Suites at Red Hill/Myrtle Beach did not disappoint! Being close enough to avoid the hustle and bustle of a crowded beach city, while being near enough to only be a few minute drive to the beach and attractions is another aspect of my experience that I really enjoyed! I will stay again! I highly recommend to all! And to Beth, thank you for your hospitality, you truly made it feel like "home away from home!"

Comfort Inn response

Thank you, Anthony, for the compliments! Please help us to verify some more details since we want to share this feedback with the right people. You can send us a private message with the arrival date, full name on the reservation, and confirmation number. We truly appreciate your patronage and the decision to use Choice Hotels for your lodging needs. Get in touch so we may pass this along.

–Fernando

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

10-12 people arguing in the parking lot and at 2 entrances all night. Room was filthy. Smelled of cigarette smoke and mildew. AC filters were dirty. Gnats and a roach. Dusty and carpet wasn't vacuumed. Mirror in bathroom looked like someone had spit on it. Sheets weren't clean. Stayed up all night due to the people outside making noise. I couldn't sleep anyway. We eventually just left. Front desk area smelled like ** (not an issue BUT it's a business). Front desk person was on the phone and seemed put out that we were checking in. This was the first hotel experience of my life and I'm a travelling musician that's seen my fair share of shady places.

Comfort Inn response

Oh no, Chad. It saddens us to learn about the lack of cleanliness in your room and that you couldn't sleep well during your stay. Kindly know that we always want our valued guests to have a comfortable and satisfying experience at our Choice Hotels locations. My team and I would like to review your case; therefore, could you please send us a private message with the hotel's exact address, arrival date, and name on the reservation? We'll be waiting for your message.

Clau

Customer Care

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: July 6, 2022

Spoke with a young lady named Kathy who was super-helpful and fully understood the frustration. She updated the system and provided a refund. Unfortunately it took several days and several people who were unable to assist before I was able to reach her. Thank you Kathy for your help and understanding.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ogden, Utah. Original booking through was for 26 Jun -1 July 22, but I left 1 day early on 30 Jun. Checked out at the desk and the gentleman said, "you're all set". I asked for a receipt and was told I needed to request it through the agency that booked the reservation. I told him that's a first and he said he was unable to print it. Of course, I had a rental car to return and a flight to catch so I decided I'd fix it when I returned. When I finally called and got the receipt, I noticed an additional day's charge. Called several times and desk clerk said the manager had to remove the charge and that she would be in soon.

Called several times, left messages and still no response. I am a DOD business traveler that has to travel more than I like, but when I do I expect a hotel to honor its word and ensure its customers are billed correctly. I will be reporting this to my agency, who should reconsider its business with Comfort Inn and Suites because as of now, I don't believe Comfort Inn has the best interest of its customers at heart.

Comfort Inn response

This type of feedback is not taken lightly. We want to investigate further about this. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your full name and confirmation number. We hope to hear from you soon.

Fernando

Customer Care

Original review: May 23, 2022

Made a reservation hold one hour ahead of arrival while on road using my credit card- When we got to the hotel my husband took my cell phone showing our confirmation number. He wanted to use his credit card to make the payment. Keep in mind his last name is different than mine but again the front desk associate was given my confirmation number. We later discovered BOTH of our credit cards were billed for the stay. When I called to explain their error directly to the hotel, their response was that I never checked in and I wouldn’t be refunded. I reexplained and told them to check their security of in and out and they would see my husband and I were BOTH there. It was their error in booking a new reservation when my husband went in to initially check in-

Comfort Inn response

Thank you for reaching out to share this experience, Melanie. Be aware that we are going through our high season, and holding time can be longer than expected. On the other hand, we know billing issues are a pressing matter, so we are eager to step in and help. Please send us a private message with the booking information. We'll need the hotel address, date of arrival, and confirmation #. After this information is received, we can start investigating further. Hope to hear from you soon. -Debbie

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Due to flight to work being cancelled I was stranded in Calgary very early, I needed to get a room for 4 days and like staying at the Comfort inn. When I got there I was a little stressed as it was 1030 am and check ins are 3 pm. After talking to Marilyn at front desk she let me get to my room and a great room at that but it was letting me in that made my day. I'm thankful for this person.

Comfort Inn response

Hi there, Gerald! We want the opportunity to share this with the hotel owner for review. Can you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation? We will be waiting for your response. -Grettel

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I have been a Diamond Member since 2007 and spend 250+ days a year exclusively at Choice Hotels. I booked three nights at the Comfort Inn in Leesville LA at least 3-4 weeks in advance. It is in my profile to always have the top floor (if available). When I checked in I was NOT greeted as a Diamond Member (not greeted as a Diamond member at least 90% of the time). I was booked on the first floor. When I asked why I was on the fist floor and if the top floor was available the front desk acted annoyed and said the rooms were assigned that morning. I checked in early (3:00). The parking lot was empty. I called Choice Hotels Corporate Customer Service. They called the hotel and said they would take care of it and the Manager would call me. I NEVER received a call from the manager.

I spent three nights being awakened by the guests above me. After several calls to Choice Hotels Corporate Customer Service (which is not US based and I have a hard time understanding them), no resolution. I do not have time to call as it takes several phone calls and 20-30 minutes before anyone answers. Choice Hotels clearly does not prioritize dedicated Diamond Members. I will be changing Hotel Chain immediately as there are much nicer hotels with US based Customer Service and better rewards programs.

Comfort Inn response

We appreciate your loyalty and membership with us, Andy! It is saddened to hear that the hotel fell short in providing you with the top-notch service you deserve. We would like to investigate this further. Could you send a private message with your confirmation number, the name on the reservation, and the date of arrival? We appreciate the opportunity to improve and hope to hear from you soon. - Jeremiah

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I am a 74 year old male who was crippled in a bad accident about five years ago and primarily have difficulties walking any distance. I have a permanent handicapped placard. This is the third year that I had planned an extended stay at the Comfort Inn in Avon, Colorado. I arrived there on July 29, 2021. In the past, the staff and general manager, Sheri, were most helpful. This year they were surly and sometimes outright rude.

The facility, which I understand to be a local owner franchise, implemented a one vehicle per room rule. As I did two years ago, I and my party had an RV and two cars to park, which was fine then, but not allowed this year. I was allowed to park my RV there, but not the two cars, although I have a handicapped placard and there were many unused handicapped parking spaces, as well as normal parking spaces. When I asked where we could park our cars, they suggested that we park in the U. S. Post Office lot next door, which would have been illegal. We ended up parking on the street some distance away.

The day after my arrival, I briefly parked my personal vehicle close to my room to unload more items into my room. When I returned to my car, a notice had been placed on my car stating that I was parked illegally. When I took the notice and my handicapped placard to the front desk, I was told that this was my only warning and the next time I parked in the Comfort Inn lot, my car would be booted and towed. I explained again that I was handicapped and could not walk extended distances, such as from the Comfort Inn to where my car was parked on the street, without suffering substantial discomfort. I was offered no help.

I was told by the GM, Sheri, that they implemented this policy because they were completely booked every night. While this may have been true, the parking lot at the Comfort Inn was only 70-80% full at night and 5 to 15% full during the day. They had at least six handicapped parking spaces the were never used by others. There was never a time that my parking an extra vehicle in their lot would have been a problem. I witnessed Sheri yelling at another couple because of where they were parked. I was able to talk to them later, and they said that both Sheri and other member of the staff were rude to them as well.

I had planned a 13 day stay at the Comfort Inn, but cancelled the last week of my stay and moved to another hotel with lots of parking and a most helpful staff. I still have not received the refund I was promised by the Comfort Inn front desk staff.I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel or been subjected to pain and suffering unnecessarily. Besides this review, I will be filing a Americans with Disabilities Act complaint. This Comfort Inn has lots of deficiencies that need to be corrected in their plant, their staff and their attitude.

Comfort Inn response
    Since we do not have access to the day-to-day operations, we can only send your feedback to the hotel. As well, regarding your refund, for further assistance, please contact the hotel directly. Alternatively, so we can review your reservations, please sent us a Private message with your full name, date of arrival of the stay, and confirmation number. Thank you for reaching out to us. Have a great day!
    Fernando

CC: 10387882

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Room floor has big nasty spot. Sheets and bed covering had stains. Bed covering was torn. No one ever at front desk. You have to go find them. No towels available until afternoons. Trash containers in lobby and front door over flowing and next day still maybe a couple had been emptied but most still full. Washer and dryers not working at all signs on them and the ones we used did not work well.

Comfort Inn response

I would have also been disappointed by that, Dennie! We would like to investigate this matter. Could you please send us more details through a private message? Also, please include the hotel's locations, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation. We will be waiting for your reply. - Jeremiah

Original review: July 28, 2021

Our 19 year old daughter was traveling with friends and was told she could not check in at an age under 21 due to some supposed teen suicide law. JR, the desk associate, was very rude and disrespectful. I am trying to contact the company but the website has been unhelpful. JR's supervisor is Scott ** according to JR but I can't verify that. Fortunately we found friends in the area to allow a couple of 19 year old young ladies to stay with them rather than sleep on the streets of OKC.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, AJ. We are sad to learn of the problems your daughter encountered to check-in at this property. We sincerely regret that the hotel's staff left a lot to be desired, so we'd like to make a proper follow-up on it. We kindly ask you to send us a private message with the confirmation number, arrival date, and name on the reservation. We'll keep an eye on your response.

Joe

Choice Hotels International

Original review: July 5, 2021

If you are in Louisville KY, and are staying at the Comfort Inn (Choice Hotels) on 4444 Dixie Highway, you need to read this. First red flag, the reservation was incorrect. Second red flag, the room was dirty, looked like no one vacuumed, the tv remote looked like it was never cleaned, and the supply for the in room coffee was never replenished. Third red flag, we had to hold the handle to flush the toilet. Fourth red flag, (the one that broke the camel's back), in the morning, we ran the water in the bathroom sink, a STRONG sewer smell overcame us. We then decided that enough is enough, so we left as fast as we could, while holding our noses shut. The room was way overpriced for the things we went through. We should have slept in the car instead. If there was ratings on this hotel from 1 to 10 we would have rated it a negative 5. We are preferred members of Choice Hotels and believe we should be treated accordingly.

Comfort Inn response

Hello, Lola! We are disappointed to learn about the poor level of housekeeping you had during your visit. Choice Hotels aims to provide all our guests with an exceptional stay, and we're sorry to hear that the hotel failed to meet those standards of quality conditions. To better assist you, can you please send us a private message verifying your full name, arrival date, and confirmation number? Once we have this information, we are going to follow up accordingly. -Liz.

Comfort Inn Company Information