3.9/5 (461 ratings)

About Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Comfort Inn Hazelwood, MO refused to honor the quotes I was given and raised the rates, so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Comfort Inn then offered proof that I agreed to the quotes using forged initials and never gave me copies. Rude and unprofessional service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Confort Inn, Brantford Ontario. My daughter and I went to Brantford for a rugby tournament. We stayed from Oct 14-16, 2022. When we returned home on the Sunday, both of us were covered in bed bug bites. I contacted the Inn right away to get the room shut down, I also asked for confirmation that they have the room exterminated. The area supervisor contacted me, saying that they'd refund my stay and provide the top 2 requests in writing. It's the middle of Jan and I still have not received a refund or the written letters. From Ottawa

Comfort Inn response

Hi, Danny. Thank you for contacting us. We're beyond disappointed after knowing what you and your daughter went through. What you've described isn't the experience we aim to deliver to our guests. My team and I'd like to assist further and alert the appropriate parties for corrections. To do so, please send us a private message with the confirmation #, name on the reservation, and arrival date. Also, if you are a Choice Privileges member, send the mailing address, phone #, and email. -Ray

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I came here with my kids to enjoy the pool. The pool was freezing. The hot tub was warm. Kids played on the dirty foamy hot tub. I told the front desk where they insisted the pool was 97 degrees. That is a LIE. Waste of a night and money thinking my kids could play in a pool. NEVER AGAIN. Do not waste your money if you are going for a pool.

Comfort Inn response

We're so disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience at one of your trusted brands. We'd love to get more details of the story. Please reply to us at chsm@choicehotels.com with a detailed description of your experience encountered, along with your confirmation number, date of arrival, name on the reservation, and hotel address. In addition, please include your email, phone, and home address associated with your account. Once we have this information, we will follow up accordingly.-Sal.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I cancelled a reservation online and received confirmation-they still charged me for the hotel and then said they did not. Proof was provided then they refunded part of it but still owe me $75. I have tried to get it refunded and I have tried to use Hotels.com where I booked it and they are not helpful either.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Deedee. We understand your frustration after the issues you encountered with your reservation and would like to review this information for you. We kindly ask you to send us a private message with more details about your experience, along with the hotel address, date of arrival, and name on the reservation. Please include your email address, phone number, and mailing address. We will be waiting for your response.

Vilma.

Customer care.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

My Wife and I spent the night (Oct 8) one night. We were charge a $100 security deposit which was suppose to be returned in 4-5 days. My wife was not comfortable with this. The lady checking us out (Rashmi) assured my wife that there would be no problem That was on the 8th as of today (the 20th) it has not been returned to our account. I called corporate and they called the Hotel. They told me that the front desk said they had returned it and I needed to call my bank. I have since turned it over to the Attorney General of Tennessee. My suggestion is do not stay at this hotel. Address: 6010 Macon Cove Road, Memphis, TN

Comfort Inn response

We can understand your frustration, William. Billing issues are a very pressing matter. We would like to assist you further. Please send us a personal message with your confirmation number and the name on the reservation. We hope to hear from you soon.

Mark

Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

The worst experience I have ever had with such a disgusting display of disrespect and unprofessionalism! I called on behalf of my boss to cancel a reservation which says on the website it's a 7 day cancelation policy AFTER booking. It says nothing about the policy prior to making the booking. After booking the reservation you're supposed to get an email, none was ever received. I called the hotel and kindly asked to cancel due to an emergency and the young lady I started the conversation puts me on hold and when the phone is answered again I am greeted by a Paul or Peter that claims he is from the corporate office. He explains that there is a 30 cancelation policy and that he cannot do anything to cancel or modify the reservation. The whole time I am speaking with him he is very condescending and wouldn't even hear me out.

I asked if they could make an exception this one time due to the emergency and I was definitely kind about asking and at one point thrown by his blatant disrespect in his tone I stuttered a bit which he then proceeded to mock me on the phone. I got so angry and will admit told him off to which he then hung up on me. This hotel is recommended by a university which I hope after they hear about this they don't affiliate themselves with them any longer. This company as a whole has put a bad taste in my mouth and I will definitely not ever be booking with any of their hotels ever. The fact that the person identified himself as a corporate employee and behaved in such a way is absolutely not ok. I don't want to work with or give business to a company that allows their employees to talk to customers like this, especially at a higher level.

Speaking with a customer relations person she apologized for my experience and tells me she has filed a complaint with the hotel to which I ask, "What does that do," and she couldn't give me an answer. This only tells me nothing will be done and the company will continue to take advantage of people. Worst company ever! The hotel in particular I had booked is the Comfort Inn Monticello.

Comfort Inn response

Hi, Jessica. I read your message thoroughly, & I am equally frustrated by how your experience turned out. It is unfortunate that one of our guests had an unpleasant experience with one of our hotels. We greatly value your business, and we'll do everything in our capacity to rectify the situation. Please send us a private message with the hotel's location, arrival date, name on the reservation, and confirmation #. We hope to hear from you at your most convenient time.

Fernando

Customer care

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I am very happy to say that my guest experience at the Comfort Inn and Suites, located in Red Hill/Myrtle Beach, SC was absolutely amazing! Not just a catchy name, there truly was COMFORT found in my experience from August - September, 2022. The hotel was very clean. Housekeeping was performed daily. To come back to the room after a long day as an OSHA/Safety manager, working in the field, leading people for twelve hour days...to find a room that was cleaned, bed made, fresh smelling...was wonderful! To date, I've stayed in 167 hotels throughout the domestic United States. I've had the pleasure of staying in some of the finest hotels/suites in Reno (NV), Columbia (SC), Boston (MASS), Las Angeles (CA), Tampa (FL), Orlando (FL), Phoenix (AZ), Omaha (NE), Albuquerque (NM), Portland (OR), New Orleans (LA), and many others; and I must say that my stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Red Hill/Myrtle Beach, SC was my FAVORITE!

The reason it was my favorite = the hospitality! The front desk clerk, Beth, was fantastic! Her professionalism is unmatched. Beth was very kind and polite! Beth had an aura that would light up the entire office. She is definitely an asset to the company! The remainder of the staff was delightful as well! Fresh food for breakfast? The Comfort Inn and Suites at Red Hill/Myrtle Beach did not disappoint! Being close enough to avoid the hustle and bustle of a crowded beach city, while being near enough to only be a few minute drive to the beach and attractions is another aspect of my experience that I really enjoyed! I will stay again! I highly recommend to all! And to Beth, thank you for your hospitality, you truly made it feel like "home away from home!"

Comfort Inn response

Thank you, Anthony, for the compliments! Please help us to verify some more details since we want to share this feedback with the right people. You can send us a private message with the arrival date, full name on the reservation, and confirmation number. We truly appreciate your patronage and the decision to use Choice Hotels for your lodging needs. Get in touch so we may pass this along.

–Fernando

Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

10-12 people arguing in the parking lot and at 2 entrances all night. Room was filthy. Smelled of cigarette smoke and mildew. AC filters were dirty. Gnats and a roach. Dusty and carpet wasn't vacuumed. Mirror in bathroom looked like someone had spit on it. Sheets weren't clean. Stayed up all night due to the people outside making noise. I couldn't sleep anyway. We eventually just left. Front desk area smelled like ** (not an issue BUT it's a business). Front desk person was on the phone and seemed put out that we were checking in. This was the first hotel experience of my life and I'm a travelling musician that's seen my fair share of shady places.

Comfort Inn response

Oh no, Chad. It saddens us to learn about the lack of cleanliness in your room and that you couldn't sleep well during your stay. Kindly know that we always want our valued guests to have a comfortable and satisfying experience at our Choice Hotels locations. My team and I would like to review your case; therefore, could you please send us a private message with the hotel's exact address, arrival date, and name on the reservation? We'll be waiting for your message.

Clau

Resolution response: July 6, 2022

Spoke with a young lady named Kathy who was super-helpful and fully understood the frustration. She updated the system and provided a refund. Unfortunately it took several days and several people who were unable to assist before I was able to reach her. Thank you Kathy for your help and understanding.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ogden, Utah. Original booking through was for 26 Jun -1 July 22, but I left 1 day early on 30 Jun. Checked out at the desk and the gentleman said, "you're all set". I asked for a receipt and was told I needed to request it through the agency that booked the reservation. I told him that's a first and he said he was unable to print it. Of course, I had a rental car to return and a flight to catch so I decided I'd fix it when I returned. When I finally called and got the receipt, I noticed an additional day's charge. Called several times and desk clerk said the manager had to remove the charge and that she would be in soon.

Called several times, left messages and still no response. I am a DOD business traveler that has to travel more than I like, but when I do I expect a hotel to honor its word and ensure its customers are billed correctly. I will be reporting this to my agency, who should reconsider its business with Comfort Inn and Suites because as of now, I don't believe Comfort Inn has the best interest of its customers at heart.

Comfort Inn response

This type of feedback is not taken lightly. We want to investigate further about this. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your full name and confirmation number. We hope to hear from you soon.

Fernando

Customer Care

Original review: May 23, 2022

Made a reservation hold one hour ahead of arrival while on road using my credit card- When we got to the hotel my husband took my cell phone showing our confirmation number. He wanted to use his credit card to make the payment. Keep in mind his last name is different than mine but again the front desk associate was given my confirmation number. We later discovered BOTH of our credit cards were billed for the stay. When I called to explain their error directly to the hotel, their response was that I never checked in and I wouldn’t be refunded. I reexplained and told them to check their security of in and out and they would see my husband and I were BOTH there. It was their error in booking a new reservation when my husband went in to initially check in-

Comfort Inn response

Thank you for reaching out to share this experience, Melanie. Be aware that we are going through our high season, and holding time can be longer than expected. On the other hand, we know billing issues are a pressing matter, so we are eager to step in and help. Please send us a private message with the booking information. We'll need the hotel address, date of arrival, and confirmation #. After this information is received, we can start investigating further. Hope to hear from you soon. -Debbie

Comfort Inn Company Information