1.38/5

374 Comfort Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

Receptionist desk service was unprofessional and unhelpful. Hotel didn't acknowledge we had pre-paid even though showed proof of this. A supervisor arrived and she too said it was my problem as their system didn't show us paid. It took my being on my cell phone for an hour to Choice Hotels to get it resolved (confirming we had paid) instead of getting the downtime and sleep I needed after travelling 12 hours. A professional service hotel would have cleared this up for us - not asking us to do it.

The room smelled terrible and we finally located an upholstered chair to be the problem. We threw pillows on it but it still emitted an unbearable chemical smell so we opened the window only to be greeted by loud partying right outside the window. We went down to front desk and were told it was construction workers staying at the hotel and that she would ask them to quiet down. But no, this continued into the early morning hours. We won't ever be returning to this hotel.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Checked into Comfort Inn @ Burnet ,TX on 3/30/19. Late in the day, we were told that they had only 1 room left (suite). There were other events in town and motels were full. Took the room @ $237 total with taxes. Stayed here last year at less than $100 for a reg. room. Hardly what I would call a suite, bad lighting and bad furniture made for horrible ambiance. Looks like we were taken advantage of pricewise. I'm in the database so they know I have stayed there before. Take care of your repeat customers and they will keep booking with you. So, in this case, guess where I will NOT stay next trip thru Burnet.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I exclusively use Choice hotels when I travel for work or vacations. We booked the Comfort Inn Cranberry Township on Sheraton (Pittsburgh area) for this past Thursday through Sunday for a concert and our anniversary weekend. What started out as a very pleasant stay turned into an incredibly embarrassing and demeaning morning Saturday at breakfast. I am incredibly disappointed and embarrassed by the manner I was treated by 2 employees at the Cranberry Township Comfort Inn (Kenesha and Ryan) during breakfast.

Apparently when I put syrup on my waffle, some was on the edge of the plate and dripped off the plate on to the floor. A simple accident that I did not see as I walked over to get butter. Kenesha was not happy that I had gotten syrup on the floor and was incredible rude in telling me that it was dripping, I needed to watch what I was doing and now she was going to have to clean it up. I would have wiped the plate if I would have noticed it was dripping and would have happily cleaned up the mess myself. Instead, I was treated like a child, chastised in the middle of the food area and made to feel like I did it on purpose or like I was a bratty child she wanted to reprimand.

Once she came out with the mop, she told an elderly gentleman and myself to "move out of her way so she could deal with the syrup before people walked on it and made the floor sticky." Even after this, I would have chalked it up to "maybe she was having a bad day". Although I did say that kindness instead of rudeness would be much more effective and I did not deserve to be treated in such a manner for a accident.

A few minutes after I sat down, Ryan, who was working the front desk, came over to talk down to me about the syrup and they didn't need people making a mess (seriously, it's like I purposely poured a whole bottle out at this point instead of the little bit that dripped off the plate). He did this in front of an almost full eating area. It was humiliating, degrading, infuriating and shocking that he felt the need to come say something to me. He claimed that the manager, who was not on duty, told him to "handle me". I had not caused a scene, I had wiped my plate to stop the dripping and had already been sitting down to eat my breakfast for several minutes. He interrupted me while I was eating to berate me! No kindness, nothing other than how dare I make a mess.

Up until this point, I would have given this hotel 5 stars. Previous employees the past two days had been wonderful, helpful and friendly. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, definitely a hotel we would have come back to when we travel to Pittsburgh. Instead I left a day early to come home. I was so humiliated by how they handled this incident that I was in tears by the time I got back up to my room and I am not one to get my feelings hurt easily, especially by strangers! It takes me quite a while of things repeatedly annoying or upsetting me before I speak up to people I know for goodness sake!

Kindness goes a long way folks. There was no need for me to be spoken to 3 different times by 2 employees much less in the manner they spoke to me. A simple "Oh goodness, it looks like you're dripping, can I help" or "Here, it looks like you need a napkin/wet rag" would have gone a long way. Politely asking me to wipe up the spill also would have been perfectly acceptable. Instead they took a route of unkindness, bullying and embarrassing a guest and made a very happy customer into one who will never stay in that location again. I highly recommend that both employees attend some customer service and guest relations training as they are sorely lacking in that department.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Our room was a torture chamber: this place should be labeled DISCOMFORT INN! A/c was unbearably loud and room too hot to sleep in without it. Managed only 2 hours of sleep. Room smelled of urine and suspect stains looked like excrement poorly cleaned up. Bathroom floor was sticky and disgusting to step on. Covered the floor with towels so we could use the room. Walls were so thin, it sounded like other occupants were in our room. Manager gave a pittance of a refund. Our final cost was still about $200 for the night.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Newport News, Virginia. A housekeeper stole a $90 pair of headphones for a PS4. The hotel refused to cooperate with me or even speak to me about the incident. I was told multiple times that I would receive a callback and never did, the housekeeping manager refused to get on the phone with me and when asking who the housekeepers were who cleaned the room I was rudely told that it was “none of my concern”. Aside from the fact that my expensive property was stolen, the wifi was absolutely horrible and impossible to even connect to and the air conditioning did not work in the summer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Original review: March 24, 2019

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Thetford Mines Quebec for 2 nights to attend a family funeral in early March, 2019. The staff were quite good, but no one was dealing with large groups of loud, drunken parents that allowed even larger groups of their children to play hockey in the halls for hours on-end from mid-morning until late at night. There was nowhere else for us to stay otherwise we would have checked out. I should not have had to deal with it myself because I don't work there. We left exhausted and frustrated, and that was before our 13 hour drive home in a Winter storm. We'd have to stranded for us to stay at any Comfort Inn again. Had I been alone I would have asked for a refund on the first night and slept in my truck as I am sure I would have had a better sleep.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We checked into Comfort Inn Redbluff, California on Feb. 22, 2019. We rented a suite with our Choice points. We noticed the TV in the living room was not there, we talked to the front desk - they said it would be put in on the 23rd of Feb. 2019. We left the next morning for part of the day - came back still no TV, we also noticed there was rust around the drain and bottom of the sink in the wet bar along with hard water stains all over the sink. And there were chips out of the tub. I could have fixed the sink in a few minutes with some cleaning and 2 new washers in the faucets. We were not happy at all considering this was a suite. We checked out on the 25th of Feb. 2019. Still no TV and we felt because we used our points we got a crappy room and I do not care attitude from the desk clerk. We have stayed here in the past every 2 or 3 months visiting our family, not happy at all this time.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I just stayed at the Comfort Inn SLC for 4 nights 1/15-19/19. There is construction going on outside. The rooms are old, the bathtub was dirty and the keys don't work. They overcharged me and even though I have asked to be reimbursed, they won't reimburse me. The Front Desk person gave me a wrong key 5 times when I was checking in... Then it continued every day. The front desk person, Laura, wouldn't reimburse me my money and neither would the Manager, Raj. Stay anywhere else. It is really hard to find and exits on a one way street, just waiting for an accident to happen. I agree with other reviews and stay anywhere else! I am on SS and could not afford this mess up in my finances. I am going to email the owner.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The carpet in the halls were dirty, and crumpled, and smelled of mildew. Overall feeling was I didn’t want to walk on the floor barefoot in my room. The continental breakfast was in cramped quarters, and the staff was lazy, and smoking just outside of the main entry. Felt ripped off as it was Labor Day weekend and we paid well over 600.00 for three nights!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on December 21 through 23, 2018. During that stay, I've been in 3 rooms. One room had roaches and the other room has bedbugs. This has been the worst stay at a hotel ever???

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I stayed at a room in this hotel in December 2017 and, within 5 minutes of arriving, was subjected to prejudiced statements directed at me from a female staff person at the reservation desk. I'm not sure why she felt she had to talk since I was being signed in by the male employee there; however, she obviously felt like she had to say something, so she did. I could tell she knew she messed up the minute she opened her mouth, but she never apologized for making the horrible comments. The male employee was uncomfortable with what she said, too, but just kept his head down. This place will no longer get my business, and I will make sure none of my friends or family members stay here. We do not tolerate a place that allows such cruel remarks and negative attitudes to be aimed at guests.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Very Poor Experience. Save yourself a headache and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! The rooms were fine; however, the experience I had to deal with is inexcusable!!! My wallet fell out of my pocket, while we were leaving this hotel for the Kansas City Marathon. After the marathon, we called the hotel multiple times and visited to see if my wallet was turned in. The response was no.

Later, I found out my wallet was turned in less than an hour after we left so the wallet would have been there when we called or visited. Then they had the audacity to tell me they gave my wallet to a lady that was able to identify it. I’m not sure how a stranger was able to identify my wallet. Throughout the process, the manager was extremely rude going as far as telling my girlfriend the owner of the wallet should have been more responsible with the wallet. When I talked to him on the phone, he offered me $20 to “replace my wallet”. I wouldn’t have to replace my wallet and everything in it if they didn’t give it away!!! In my opinion, he gave me the money so we would stop investigating. On top of all that, I found out yesterday there were fraudulent attempts to purchase items on Wish.com on both my credit and debit card.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We arrived there late on Friday night and we were very tired from driving so didn’t really look around much in the room. When we woke the next morning there was blood stains in the middle of the fitted sheets. My wife sleeps on side and I’m on the other. Neither of us were in the middle. I looked her over and she looked me over and neither of us were bleeding or had an open wound or cut. Went and talked to the front desk person as it was around 6 am. Was told the manager would be in later and they would inform them and I would hear from them.

Returned to the room Saturday night around 11:30 pm. Hadn’t heard from the manager but pulled the covers back and looked at the bed and the sheets were clean looking. We went to bed and woke Sunday morning and checked out. It was about 9:30 am. I ask again about speaking to a manager about the blood on the sheets and was told there wasn’t a manager there. I asked why I wasn’t contacted and got the “deer in the headlights look” followed by a I don’t know. Again they took my name room number and phone number and said a manager would call me.

Monday goes by and no call, Tuesday goes by and no call. I finally call them Wednesday at 11-11:15 and get the manager and she says, the blood was fresh and wasn’t on the sheets prior to us getting to the room. I replied that my wife and I checked each other out and I can promise it didn’t come from us. The manager then said the bed linens get changed every time so it couldn’t have been there but would offer me a $10 refund. I am appalled as well as disgusted. I would not recommend anybody to stay at this place because clearly they were wrong about changing them sheets in play it off like it’s not a big deal.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Should be a zero rating. But, the staff was pleasant if not anything else. We didn't check in until after 4 PM, rooms weren't cleaned yet. Room smelled awful when we go to it, so bad that we tried to change rooms. They told us at first that we couldn't because it was our point room. They then said that we could - but we decided they would all smell that way so we stayed. Chewing gum was stuck on bath floor. Mold in floor in bathroom. Paint peeling. Took shower and started to settle in. Saw a bug; then another and then two, three, many more. Packed up and left. Afterthought; the stench was bug poison mixed with cleaning fluid? And... our rewards points are shot.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We were traveling through California and stopped to book a hotel close to San Francisco. We are retired and had our 6 year old granddaughter with us. We booked a room on the Choice members site and picked Fairfield Comfort Inn. We checked in and received our pass keys, moved to the elevator and it was very dirty. We looked at each other and thought, "Oh boy. What kind of Comfort Inn was this place." We exit the elevator on the 2nd floor and the strongest smell of dope that you could imagine. We walked about 10 feet and looked over the railing and saw several drug addicts below. We turned quickly back to the elevator and hurried back to the front desk. The women said, "What should she do about it," and as I stated, "Maybe security would be in order." Then through the back door one of the drug addicted a ** man entered through that back door into the attendant's space. So I assumed that he worked there and we ran to our car.

People beware of any Comfort Inn now as we sure will not stay anytime soon at a Choice Hotel. We were a member for the last 10 years but now I question this brand. We contacted the management and they were not too concerned and did not do anything but put a few points on my account which amounts to about $10, what a joke. She said case closed. I wish that someone would have alerted us about placed like that.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Making reservations was simple. Day Staff was very responsive and hospitable. Mohammad, Elana, Elli and Ms. ** were very responsive to our needs. From 5 pm until now 10:30 PM noisy noisy noisy. Screaming in hallway every night, running back and forth in hallway and upstairs, loud talking in hallway, slamming doors. Guests were not reprimanded by evening and night staff. We reserved 1 week stay, next time I will choose 1 night so we don't have to live like this again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I do a lot of traveling for work. Wyndham Hotels, Best Western and Choice Hotel are my go to chains. If I’m sent out toward Southern California the Cockatoo Inn is one of my favorite locations. Staff has always been very welcoming, helpful and friendly in all departments from the actual ground keepers, shuttle drivers, food servers and especially the front desk staff. Everyone is busy, they're working, no maids in the hall on their cellphone and you’re overhearing conversations you can do without. I’ve always been assigned to a clean room with enough towels and working iron. My hotel floor has always been quiet no matter the time of day. The guest are worldwide nationalities that also have always been just as polite and friendly. The parking structure has always had ample parking. Never had one scratch on truck, I have been a periodic guest with 6-9 month gaps.

Breakfast has always been wide range variety of "ACTUAL FOOD" not just of breads or a large waffle. There are sausages, boiled eggs, scrambles eggs, hot cereal, cold cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruits of sorts, whole milk, percent milk, juices of variety, donuts and muffins of variety - I’ve honestly only been once to the breakfast area due to my work schedule BUT when I went that is what I saw. The grounds itself are kept. We will be moving within the county within two weeks. Our upcoming stay will be our last. The staff will be very missed. I remember finding out my father had passed at the front desk while checking in last year. I broke down in tears: YOU WERE VERY GENUINE TO ME HEATHER. As then I stated and now thank you for that. May the Lord continue to bless you all.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Woburn, MA for 1 night and upon checking our accounts, found we were both charged for our 1 room. I called and was told there was no manager available on the weekends and they would submit an urgent request for them to call on Monday. No call, and when I called them they informed me that we were charged for our room and the room of the people we were with. They refused to credit my account and told me that I needed to have the other people call them. Extremely poor customer relations; at the very least they should have apologized and done what a professional, customer oriented company would. They should have immediately refunded one of the charges, instead they made their employee problem my problem.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Place: Comfort Inn Port Hope. 2211 Northumberland County Rd 28, Port Hope, ON L1A 3V6. BE VERY AWARE OF THIS SCAM PLACE AND IT'S THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED! I called (905) 885-7000 and booked a room for only one night over the phone with **. The night was for Saturday July14/2018 and I never received any email formation but I wrote all the info down and confirmation number. I arrive on 7/14/201 at 1:50PM and got my room. When I checked out the manager said they left my bill under the door, (LIE) it was not even printed out yet. I get her to print it off and when I checked she charged me for an extra night July 13 2018 Friday in which I never booked it or said I would be in Port Hope.

I asked her you have to have a copy of the email you sent and she said computers are down... (LIE). So how can Comfort Inn be in business without sending an email confirmation and not have a copy at Comfort Inn? She totally SCAMMED me and pretty much said prove it by showing her the email confirmation in which she never sent me or she wouldn't print it or send me it. She was very unhelpful RUDE and it looks like she does this a lot to scam people out of an extra night to pocket the money herself. Tell me something can be done about this total SCAM and THIEF this lady is at Comfort Inn. Likely LIED about her name **. Her nickname on bill is **.

The room and whole place has stains all over the carpet and smelled like dog/cat pee throughout the INN. In the room the beds felt like they were from the salvation army, toilet wouldn't flush, bathtub look like it was 50 years old and dripping. Air unit was loud and didn't work proper. The place has BUGS crawling in it as well. The room stunk really bad and everything felt moist/wet. The food was awful, tasted like heated up rubber or sponge. I would NEVER ever come back to this place or any Comfort Inn ever again. WORSE PLACE TO STAY and they are CROOKS!

Original review: July 13, 2018

We showed up to the hotel. The air conditioning units in the hallway were blowing hot air. Paint was peeling off the walls. We showed up in our room and the air conditioning was not working good. Also paint patches on the wall. We woke up to cockroaches in the bathroom. We had no other choice but to stay here. Nothing else was available due to an event or something going on. Still spent close to $200 here. Totally not worth it. Not a satisfied customer. We've stayed here before never an issue and all of a sudden the service and display is awful.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I wish I could give less than a 1 star. This hotel is pathetic, a fraud, and a complete embarrassment to the hospitality business. I just came to check the hotel's review and realize people already have fuming experiences. I wouldn't comment on this as I eventually never utilized the services. However, I must warn you, based on my experience, that this hotels completely lacks of Value. Please don't book a room online. If you must use their quack services, do it on the desk, as you will never be issued a refund if you change your mind on in the very minute you book online. In May 2018, I traveled to Boston with a friend for an interview and booked a room in Comfort Inn Boston via HotelPlanner "900 Morrissey Boulevard Boston, MA 02122".

I called to cancel in the very minute I had booked and they promised they would respond on a Monday the following week. But they never refunded even after weeks of follow up. I involved my credit card company and HotelPlanner but Comfort Inn still would grant no courtesy. What pisses me off is the fact that no non-refundable terms was on the site when I booked but this appeared on my receipt. I was particularly meticulous to search the cancellation policy before booking a room, which makes me conclude with everyone else that they are a fraud. I am particular displeased by the services because that money, at that time, was to me like a widow's mite. I lost the money, never used the room in the following week, and never got a refund.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Our family, my wife & two small children, stayed one night at the Comfort Inn East in Aurora. After a few hours in our room we noticed the locks on the doors did not work. The deadbolt was broken and wouldn't lock. There were other issues with the door itself. We felt unsafe and requested to move rooms. We were given attitude and they unhappily moved us next door. We checked out the next morning. A few weeks later we received a charge on our credit card for $250 'cleaning'. Talking to the hotel they explained we were being charge for smoking cigarettes and weed in the room. We are outraged at the accusation. Management is 'not available' each time we call. We've been disputing this claim for weeks and will not give up. Do not stay at this hotel.

Original review: April 22, 2018

My girlfriend and I are retired and starting traveling. Stayed at some Comfort Inns and was satisfied. Joined Choice Hotels membership and use them a few times with no problems. This last week we visited Vancouver, Canada and arrived very late at night. Called Comfort Inn there and requested a room for four (4) nights. They asked for my credit card and gave it. They said it was rejected. Seems my credit card company needs advanced notice when out of country. They told me to call my card company. I did and found my phone also doesn't work out of country. Told them that I had plenty of money for a deposit and was rejected. This was very stressful for me and my girlfriend. No consideration for being a Choice Hotel member. Last stay with them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at Comfort Inn at 2105 Pratt Ave, Bellevue, NE, and it was a thoroughly fine experience. The hotel staff were especially helpful replacing an alarm clock that didn't work and helping me figure out how to hunt for a house in a strange city. For the money, the food was great, the pool was clean and warm, the room was quiet, the beds were good, etc. etc. We had planned to move on to a different motel for our second night in the Omaha area, but we ended up staying 5 nights because we were so comfortable.

Original review: March 21, 2018

03/08/18 Comfort Inn I 95/A1A Florida Worst experience I have ever had with a desk clerk. Obviously owner’s son. Would not adjust billing to remove one day from a three day reservation. This after contacting Expedia (of which I will never use again!) and going through their arcane and frustrating system of NO telephone number to contact if a problem. I had to call Comfort Inn directly, after the desk clerk refused to give me the number. This entailed over an hour on the phone, 5 transfers, 1 disconnect, and 4 non English understanding operators in a foreign country. After all of this Comfort Inn still had not contacted the desk clerk and I had to go through another 15 or so minutes to get checked in.

I was told to "Pay the entire amount or GET OUT!" I persevered and was FINALLY checked in at the correct amount for the correct amount of days. This after NO HELP from the desk. Owner’s son, so you know where your complaint goes. I will NEVER use Comfort Inn or any Choice Hotels ever again! The Corporate seems oblivious to the problem and seems to condone it due to their allowing this to continue and NO contact with me to correct or explain the situation.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Comfort Inn North, 1213 E. Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH - Stayed 2 nights (Fri. & Sat.). Should be ZERO stars. We reported a clogged sink drain to the Front Desk early Sat. morning, it was never corrected. We were locked out of the building, and they blamed us for mishandling our cards (BOTH of them!). I witnessed other guests with the very same key card problem at the Front Desk. This Inn is nearest our daughter's home so could have become "regulars" but we will NEVER EVER stay there again. Front desk was rude, unresponsive, untrained, and indifferent. Breakfast eggs ice cold (partially still frozen). Gave us a 10% discount to "dismiss us", offered as if we were simply a PIA to them ("go away"). Adjustable shower head wouldn't adjust. Heat was turned OFF, and A/C turn ON, BOTH nights as we returned to our room (late and tired), it was <40 F outside so we had to go elsewhere until our room warmed up.

A very bad experience. Recommend you AVOID this place. After I posted our bad experience to the Comfort Inn's website I was sent a standard computer generated email with a phone number. Calling that "Customer Relations" number I was connected to a young lady in the Philippines whom I wasn't able to understand. I WAS a "Choice Privileges" Member. Given our experience at this Comfort Inn I have to wonder how badly they treat everyone else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I'm assuming they train their employees at Comfort Inn to be rude and incompetent with zero respect. I was in Columbus, GA for work. After working a 12 hour day, I accidentally booked the wrong week. As soon as I walked into the lobby of Comfort Inn off Macon Road, the woman was rude and rolled her eye, because she actually had to work and help a customer. She then rudely informed me I booked a week out. I asked her if there were any rooms available and if she could change the date. She said NO and I had to call Choice Hotel customer service. I then called customer service, explained my situation. Again, I was informed they couldn't change the date and would not be refunding my money.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Do not stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate (east of Cincinnati). Their pool maintenance is terrible. We had no idea until the kids got out of the pool and had a rash and said their skin was burning. Our little girls hair was on clump of hair and it was died! Their bathing suits were bleached and our daughters once brown hair had highlights from bleach (she’s 4). Her hair is fried. We have washed and conditioned over and over and now her hair that is long (to her butt) is being cut. The worst part is the front desk clerk totally lied and told us the ph level was fine and she checked it at 10 pm when she closed the pool. Little did she know we were in there from 8:30-11 and she did NOT come in there. When I called her out she still tried to lie and said maybe I had stepped out and didn’t see her. WHAT?!

The next morning the manager said the ph was only a little high at 9. He was also lying because we had tested it with the next shift clerk when the lying one left. If you go to this hotel DO NOT USE THE POOL! They have no idea how to maintain it. We have 3 kids with burning skin from chemical burns and one with fried damaged hair. Customer service took a report that’s it! I will never use a choice hotel again. Back to Holiday Inn express we go. We just started using Comfort Inn & Suites 2 years ago and this was our last straw. Accidents happen but lying is beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I stayed at the Comfort Inn at 6450 Corporate Dr in Colo Spgs Co and it had to be one of the worst experiences I have had in a hotel. I stayed in room 205. I was tired and wanted to rest as most people do after a long trip. I was no sooner in the room, unpacked, and ready to rest when the running and jumping above me in room 305 began. I put up with it for awhile but when it stopped it was only for very short periods, maybe 5-10 minutes and then it started again. Finally, I went to the front desk and talked to **. He said he would talk to them. This went on all night until about 11 pm, with my visits to the desk, and promises that it would stop. Yes it stopped because they finally went to bed. But bright and early in the morning, it started all over again.

I spoke to ** and he reassured me it would stop. He mentioned changing my room but I had just unpacked everything and told him that I was not the problem, they needed to move the problem. I also asked if there was any guarantee that this would not happen again? He said no so why bother. So I took him at his word that it would stop but it did not. These were not busy nights, surely I could have been given a room with no one above me, especially in view of what just happened. ** said the guests before me complained as well about them. So where is there any intelligence in this situation? You would think management would have enough smarts first of all to put a noisy family on the bottom floor away from everyone and secondly not put me in a room where the last guest complained about the noise.

Ok, so he was going to take care of it. So I stayed a second night and again there were moments of peace but if I dozed off I woke up startled by the kid or kids running, dropping things on the floor and then people taking baths and showers at 11 at night. ** said they were rude but he was worse allowing that to go on. I would also like to mention the fact that I had to go out during the day to get away from them because they stayed inside making noise most of the time. This is wrong, I have every right to peace in a hotel, I am paying for it. Finally, last night I went out several times and complained to ** and he said he would have to call the police if it did not sop. Yes it stopped for awhile but always continued. I do not object to some noise but this was beyond that. I asked ** for my money back for that night because I was not treated with courtesy, respect or consideration that I deserved. He made it appear that I would get my money back.

So in the morning ** was at the desk and he saw nothing in the notes saying I would get a refund. I wanted his manager but he said there was no one there. I asked when he would be there and of course he did not know. Later as I was leaving some guy from India tried to convince me he was the manager. The guy was a moron. First of all, he did not speak well, he had to repeat everything to be understood. Then he calls ** and ** told him he tried to change my room but I said no so I was not going to get a refund. So this was all a game of scam the guest, placate me with lies and placate the guest causing the problem so we would both pay. This is so unprofessional. No one should go to a hotel and have to deal with misrepresentation. The manager should have remedied the situation with the guest before me and I should never have been put in that room to begin with.

The people above me should have been put somewhere else unable to disturb others. No one cares, and I am sure you do not either, this poor attitude comes down from corporate. I travel frequently and 23 members of my family do also aside from word of mouth to friends and coworkers. I will never stay at your hotel or affiliates. I will go back to the Marriott where they could not do enough for me. This is why you are not accredited, you do not deserve to be. I want my money back, and an apology for the lack of professionalism and disrespect to someone paying your salary. You hired morons who represent your company and have no clue what integrity is, not to mention common sense.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

When booking a hotel, make sure you book with one that has FREE cancellations, not by a certain time. Illness, weather, all kinds of things can happen and COMFORT INN is not accommodating. We had booked to go to a family funeral. Realized that snowstorms were still coming, roads were closed. We did not realize that 4pm was the cut off (fine print) and tried to cancel 4 hours later. We were charged for the room and could not even change the night. We are sure that that room was rebooked quickly so they got double income for it. We do not cancel bookings on a whim. But we will not book with COMFORT INN again as it is too risky. Most other hotels have a better cancellation policy, if something unforeseen comes up it won't be a worry.

Comfort Inn Company Information