1.45/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

336 Comfort Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

February 8, 2017, I booked two rooms at the Comfort Inn Bessemer, Alabama for the LSU Alabama game this past weekend, 11/4. One king room and one room with two queen beds. Both rooms together totaled $169.99 per night. From February through November, I received a continuous confirmations through email and text from Choice Hotels of my reservations and upcoming stay. My last confirmation was received Thursday, November 2 at 3 PM. My husband and I left Friday morning for our journey to Alabama. On the road we received a phone call from the hotel informing us that our reservation had been canceled due to our card being declined. I was told that I could rebook the rooms on a different card but unfortunately the new rate would be $169.99 per room/per night. Unfortunately, because we were on the road I did not have the card information to dispute the issue. However I did question why they were charging my card before we arrived.

I was told that it was standard policy. I did not understand the decline issue because my credit card had a zero balance. After wasting more than an hour trying to correct the situation... I agreed to reserved the other two rooms on a different card and said I would handle the situation once we arrived. After asking repeatedly to speak with a manager, I was told that he was unavailable and could not return my call. Upon arrival my husband and I spent almost another hour questioning our issues with the price gouging and cancellation of my reservation after nine months... to no resolution. We were told that the manager would not be in until Sunday morning. I agreed to accept one room at their ridiculous new right in hopes that my conversation with management on Sunday could offer some compensation.

Unfortunately upon checking out on Sunday I was told the manager was not onsite and I was refused multiple times when I requested for him to be called. Finally after getting a manager on the phone, again unfortunately nothing was resolved. I was repeatedly told that they had every right to cancel my reservation and not re-offer me the same reservation right because my card had declined the morning of my arrival date...and after having to make do with one room instead of two, now that I am faced with twice the room rate that I reserved nine months in advance. I have already notified my credit card company that I am in dispute of these charges however I'm uncertain as to what further direction to take. Choice Hotels informed me that there was nothing that they can do because this was an independently owned Comfort Inn.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Comfort Inn, Woodstock. VA. Booked, thru Priceline, two rooms at $140.00 a night each for 10/21/17. One room ok. Second room toilet would not flush, bathtub and sink would not drain. They were completely booked so they could not give us a different room. We had to use the lobby restroom during the night and in the morning. They did try to plunge it; however, it still would not flush a single square of toilet paper.

I was assured the manager would contact me. She did not. When we got home from our trip, I called to speak to the manager. She was very adversarial. I told her I was not attacking her and wanted to resolve this nicely. I was trying to calm her down! She told me that next time I should book thru Choice Hotels instead of Priceline if I wanted satisfaction with my stay. She was very rude and angry. She finally said she could give a complimentary room at that specific hotel. I live in SC, VA is not a place I go to very often, so that did not work. She then told me that my problem was with Priceline and not the Comfort Inn. Confusion on my part - Comfort Inn is the hotel I stayed at with plumbing issues.

Priceline then called her. She was rude and angry to them! She finally agreed to allow a 10% refund. $14.00! I then called Choice Hotels. They apologized and said they would make sure my concerns were sent to someone. When you stay in a hotel a working bathroom is a large part of what you pay for. Our inconvenience was dismissed. I am not rich. I do not jetset to hotels all the time. However, Comfort Inn is not going to be a choice hotel for me any longer. By the way, the only reason they received a 1 star is because they do not give a ** option.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Needed to cancel my reservations Due to an unexpected surgery. Tried calling the hotel directly twice with absolutely no answer. Called their reservation lime and was told I would need to talk to their guest relations department to cancel, was transferred over but that department was closed and would not be open until Monday (after my reservation was to take place). Called back Monday to talk to guest relations and explain I had already called to cancel but could get no help. Was told they could not refund the charges because the hotel held the room because they did not hear from us.

Explained I tried calling the hotel a couple times and got no answer and that the reservation department was the only place I could get an answer and they do not have the ability to cancel. Only make reservations. Now I'm on my way to dispute the charges through my bank. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! JUST ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE OR HAVE A 24 HOUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Comfort Inn Athens Ga - I have COPD and chose this hotel for their no-smoking policies and every time I go to breakfast I drive under canopy and there are always 2 to 5 people smoking at the door. This morning I asked front desk why I cannot breathe. She said they have to smoke somewhere. That was the most rude comment I ever heard. Not stay there ever.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel from October 5-7, (Expedia Itinerary **). I wrote to Expedia and was given the usual obligatory 'sorry' and 'the info has been passed on' response. But my real complaint is with the hotel itself. While the front desk was very charming and amiable, this turned into a brick wall of indignancy when I complained that something had been taken from my room while it was being cleaned by staff on Friday. My complaints were dismissed and I was made to feel very unwelcome.

This article, a Revolt 4000 mAh, 4x charger, orange, cost me $57.12, which I purchased from Valhalla Pure in Courtenay on July 27, 2016. The hotel said that it would follow-up with me regarding this issue but I haven't heard anything from them. I also wrote to the choicehotel.com that seems to govern this hotel as well as others: ihelp@choicehotels.com, but have never received a response from them either. I feel totally violated, not only by having something taken, but because I've been treated so shabbily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The Comfort Inn in Denver was able to accommodate us with the suite because there were several of us. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean, bathroom was taken care of and the breakfast that we had was able to accommodate the three of us that were staying there. It was an emergency, but service was great and the breakfast free and good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I checked in on the 22nd of September 2017 and was notified upon check-in that this hotel was smoke-free and a smoking in the room fee (Miscellaneous fee $250.00) will be added if I decided to smoke in the room. I was also placed in room # 101, right beside the exit door so I wouldn't have to go far up smoke. On the 24th September 2017, I checked out to see I had been charged this fee when I smoked in the parking lot.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I made reservations on August 31 for me and my husband and my sister and her husband by phone for 2 rooms at the Comfort Inn at 2023 Adventureland Drive, Altoona, Iowa 50009. I was asked to pay at the time the reservation was made which I did. We arrived at the Comfort Inn and asked to check in at which time the person behind the desk said she did not see any reservations. I showed her my reservation that was sent to me for confirmation from the Comfort Inn Reservation Desk. She told me that there apparently was a mistake and that we had actually booked a room at the Super 8 where Comfort Inn had been located prior. I was upset but it was getting late so we did go to the Super 8.

When making the reservations I specified non-smoking rooms but when we checked into the Super 8 it was very apparent the rooms had been smoked in more than once. The clerk at the desk said they could turn on the ozone machine to help clear the smell, but no machine was going to get out smoke that was in the walls, carpeting and I am sure was in the curtains. So if that wasn't enough when I went up to the room I pulled back the covers and it looked like there was blood on the sheets. I went to pull the curtains shut and there was blood on the curtain.

I told the clerk but no one offered to change rooms or no apologies. Didn't even bother to come up and look what I was talking about. The bathrooms were so small my brother in law who is 78 had a tough time using it. The door hit your knees once you sat on the stool. There were no safety bars and the tub had nothing to keep from slipping in it. This was the most upsetting stay at a hotel that I have ever encountered. Beginning with the bogus reservation which by the way the person on the other end answered as the Comfort Inn Reservation Desk. So what should I have thought?? Something is terribly wrong with the whole set up when I called the Comfort Inn number and they say I made a reservation for Super 8??? What I should of done was to tell them to go you know where and went to some other hotel!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My sister, a cousin, and two aunts and I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Fort Smith. When booking the room the staff was very helpful and made sure we had a room where we would be able to visit and have an enjoyable stay. She was very friendly and seemed anxious for our visit. Once there, everyone was extremely helpful and courteous. The breakfast staff was always available, food was hot and delicious. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. Rooms were clean, roomy and attractive, making it very easy to relax and reminisce with my relatives. We could not have been happier with our stay. It was a trip we will remember for a long, long time. Thank you Comfort Inn and Suites Fort Smith.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Want to publicly air my dissatisfaction with this hotel company. I booked a handicapped accessible room with choice Comfort Inn Auburn and once I arrived they told me my room is on the second floor with no elevator. The lady at the front seat saw on my reservation that it was clearly marked handicapped accessible. Their solution was to send me to a sister hotel 12 miles away with an ADJUSTED rate of $25 less and still isn't handicapped accessible. I have never encountered such an incompetent hotel company ever. I highly recommend you to choose another company to stay with when making your reservations.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Comfort Inn, Joplin MO: I stayed the first time (1 person, 1 room) and was charged $105. Two weeks later I stayed again (1 person, 1 room) and was charged $185. I looked at the website and even the largest room was far less than $185. Both stays were during the week and nothing special was going on in Joplin - in fact the parking lot only had a few cars in it during my entire stay. It seems like they just raise the rates whenever they want to!!! And the manager was very nosy about why I was there and what I was doing, which was none of his business...

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I made a reservation several weeks in advance for 3 nights Aug. 1, '17 through Aug. 3, '17, and the morning of the day we were to check in I called to be certain that A/C worked and the elevators were working and to also confirm our stay. I have difficulty walking stairs, due to recent surgery, so if I could have a room right next to the elevator that would be ideal. The lady at the front desk assured me that everything was working as I asked and did say we could have a room on the 2nd floor next to the elevator.

When we got there at about 5:00 pm the same day the elevator was broken and there was no A/C in the hotel, other than individual units in the rooms. Front door to the elevator was open. According to the cleaning staff and other guests, the elevator and A/C had not been working since the day before, so this employee at the front desk LIED to me! Then they tried to put us in Room 411, on the 4TH Floor!!! I can't do steps. The front staff member said there were no rooms on the 2nd floor. But OH!, I argued, and then they gave us a room on the second floor which my husband had to make 4 trips up and down. I was treated like I was STUPID!!!

The elevator never was repaired nor was the A/C repaired during our entire stay! We had to leave a day early as we could no longer stay in this horrible hotel. My husband helped me up the stairs to the 2nd floor after we checked in. Things were broken; bathroom ceiling light above commode was hanging, A/C unit was broken and would not cool properly, drain in tub was broken and would not hold water. Shower head and tub spout in Bathtub leaked when trying to shower. Bathtub was so damaged on the bottom and was poorly patched, we had to lay a towel on the bathtub floor so we wouldn't scrape my feet. The smell of room deodorizer was so strong, maybe to cover up odors.

What was very scary was the staff had propped open the backdoor leading to the steps to all the rooms. This propped open door was not able to be seen by any hotel staff member and was accessible to the parking lot. Anyone could have entered this doorway only to confront a guest with a possible dangerous outcome. I complained to the front desk staff member and he said he would close that door. It did not happen. We felt very unsafe to say the least.

We wanted to speak to the Manager of the Hotel and they kept telling us she was not at the hotel and she never was there our entire stay. There is no reason why we should have been treated this way. No justifiable reason why this hotel was in such need of repair. We travel often and this was the worst experience we've encountered in more than 30 years. No one should have to be treated with such disrespect as this hotel staff. Lying to me knowing their elevator didn't work when I told them of my disability of not being able to walk the stairs. SHAME on them!!! This hotel stay cost us over $400.00. Appalling!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Checked into Comfort Inn at 9:30pm following cancelled connecting flight. Checked out at 7am the next morning. On return to NC, hotel called to inform me I had smoked in room and $150.00 unauthorized charge was being put on my Visa. I am 70 yrs old, have never smoked and certainly didn't change my lifestyle during my 10 hours in this hotel. Hotel staff including manager were unwilling to listen to any of my facts and completely rejected that "evidence" of smoking, if there was any, might be from their housekeeping staff. Currently working with credit card provider to dispute the charge. But, in the interim, don't stay at this Comfort Inn or alternatively make sure you get the front desk to give your room their approval before you leave the property. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of an unscrupulous property owner/operator.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I am reaching out to you in regards to this horrific complaint I have. My family and I decided to book two nights at the Comfort Inn - Twinsburg oh due to the fact they hadn't a swimming pool for our kids. Very eager to get to the hotel and swim after riding in a car for hours we book the room and unload all our stuff into the room taking us about 30mins. Being that it is 700 pm and we still haven't ate dinner being on the road for so long. My kids and I decided it was time to go swim, being that they kept talking about it the whole way there we went down there. As soon as we got by the doors a horrific and deadly smell came from the pool. I pulled the door open and a horrible stench like bacteria filled water stunk up the whole room.

The water had no working pool filter to keep the water flowing. There were no bubbles or.. Standing water was just sitting in there accumulating bacteria and other sicknesses. I immediately reported this to the front desk. Mind blowing that nobody smells or sees any issue with the pool. There were no chemical smells or no sign of chlorine being properly maintained in the pool. How upset can someone get as well as the kids being that their swimming time had been ruined by this dirty swamp smelling water ruined it.

Went to the front desk and spoke with the front desk assoc. Stating I wanted to be refunded my money back due to the issue. He seemed to not know what the smell is acting like can't smell or said he doesn't go to the pool. So being that we booked it online for two nights he couldn't guarantee when the charges would go back on our card. That was all the money we had to spend on a room and he said that he checked us out of the room. So two days later the charges still haven't appeared back on the card. So our whole time on our vacation stay we had to deal with this bull crap. Please reach out to me in regards to this issue. You have to see where I am coming being a kid point of view too. I just want some type of refunded or even a reply regarding this matter and to help resolve this. Thanks for your time.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I was a recent guest there, had some issues with the housekeeping throwing away my contacts. General manager said he would refund me the amount it cost. Housekeeping was able to recover one contact from the sink where she threw them. Housekeeping went into my room to clean it when it wasn't check out time, without my permission. Finally hours later it was check out time. The General Manager did not want to refund said he needed a receipt of the purchase of the contacts (giving me the runaround). Told him it was pre-ordered there is no receipt.

Finally decided to go to Vision Center to get glasses. General manager said "No we threw away your contacts not glasses. I’m not paying for glasses." Took back the receipt (recorded conversation). General manager saying he wanted me to wear the contacts, then said he wanted the original receipt. I said "No for what if you have a copy of it." He was yelling at me saying he did not care about me and other things. And laughing being rude. Told him to tell me yes or no if he's going refund it because I needed to leave. I had my kids running around the office and they could get hurt since wasn't paying attention. Said he didn't care. Then said how am I even driving without contacts. Finally after 30 minutes of arguing he decided to let his manager refund me a portion of it.

Scary part is that after I left the hotel he called Vision Center where I had went and said he was my husband and we were at the doctor office together and wanted to know exactly what I had ordered. Eye vision represented gave him information because he used my birthday and told him he wanted to cancel my order. Eye vision rep said he had an Indian accent. I went to go pick up my glasses and they said "No your husband canceled the order." I said, "What husband?" She gave me the information of who called and it was Mike ** General Manager at Comfort Inn.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Recently I prepaid reserved a room in Comfort Inn, Bronx NY near stadium. By looking at my itinerary, I found out 2 rooms reservation on my name. I called the hotel and the receptionist at the desk totally refused to do anything to fix the issue. When called their national number, and finally talked to a human being, he refused to fix the problem. Called their customer relations line about 6 times and could not talk to anyone after holding for about 30 to 40 minutes each time. As directed by the messaging service of Choice Hotels online customer relation service, I emailed my complaint and got no reply. I would certainly regard Choice Hotel Online experience the worst experience ever with any organisation. Even the Bronx Hotel staff was very unprofessional in their response. I would never ever book or stay in this chain of Hotels.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Traveled to Disney and Universal Studios July 9 though July 15, reservations for three different rooms with double queen beds and pull out sofa. My experience with this Comfort Inn establishment (5617 Major Blvd, Orlando Florida) was superb! ** at the front desk greeted every customer with a smile and helpful attitude. Breakfast was delicious with clean dining area every morning. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The accommodations were clean, decorated nicely and comfortable. All the necessary amenities were provided in the room. The coffee was top rate. Overall a very excellent 5 Star experience. Thank you ** and Room Service Teams (Karenolla).

Original review: July 2, 2017

We booked 3 rooms for Tues. June 27th. Would have liked to be all together. One was upstairs on other side of hotel. 2 were on main floor up front. I had asked for handicap 2-bed room. I received 1 bed. Denied that one as I needed 2 beds. So I got a regular 2-bed room. We had our grandson 3 yrs old, our granddaughter 6 months, visited. At 1130 the alarms went off and people were saying to leave the room. We were all outside for 15 min and no fire truck. I asked the clerk and she said, very rudely, "I have to walk the floors and see if I smell smoke." I then call manager. I said, "Really? What if it wasn't smoke related? Carbon monoxide?"

The next day when we got home a pillow was missing. An expensive one! When asked it was told it wasn't there and the housekeepers don't steal. Okay. Then where is it? Next she said, "By the way someone peed the bed! It went all the way through and we can't sell the room!" Very rudely by the way! I said we had 4 babies in there and when we wake them at 1130 out of a sound sleep and take outside and then back to bed something is bound to happen! They charged us 118.00 for the room again. It was the way the desk clerk said it that made me upset. Be nice about it but no... It was very rude! No apology for the night before or anything. I will NEVER stay there again. Nor will I recommend it. Go to BAYMONT. They treat you like people!

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have booked rooms for drivers that come into town using the Comfort Inn in Weirton. I faxed over the company Corp. Lodging card to bill on. Done this for years. Yesterday, I faxed over the card and received a confirmation fax that it was received. My driver goes over to get the room and clerk says that they never received a fax and would not let my driver stay there. When the owner of the company called and said he would put the room on his credit card, again, the manager said no.

For as many times over the years that my company has arranged for drivers to stay there, you would have thought that management could have let the driver stay and contact the company the next day for a corp card, or a credit card for the driver. Instead management basically booted them out of the hotel. I'm livid that a long standing relationship between my company and this hotel was handled in this way. Insult to us, insulted my driver. Unacceptable.

Original review: June 28, 2017

From June 19 thru June 26, 2017 my wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Blue Ridge, Georgia. The first night while making the sleeper sofa bed we found two liquor bottles on the mattress, and the mattress was covered in dust. House keeping blamed the bottles on a wedding party this past week end. So much for cleaning the rooms everyday. House keeping brought us a roll away bed for our granddaughter for the night, and they picked up the bottles with rubber gloves. We located in plain view a black brush on the floor next to the wall that appeared to be there for a LONG time.

Continuing on about our first night. The toilet was slow when flushing, and the water came up to the top of the bowl. I contacted the front desk and they brought us a plunger. The next morning we made a complaint about the toilet almost over flowing, and I ask to have this matter corrected asap. The maintenance made four visits to our room before he fixed the problem. The plunger was left in our room in case the toilet got too slow or wouldn't flush at all.

We stayed 7 nights and we were never able to connect to the hotels wifi. The method to get into the wifi was more secure than the security to the white house. The towels were stiff and abrasive. The television is mounted in the center of the room, and you are having to watch television from a angle because the television doesn't swivel, and the television is way too small for the size of the room. The door handle to get into the (room #313) is so hard you have to slam your hand down on it to get the door open before the locking system deactivates. My wife and I have been staying at Comfort Inn and Suites in Blue Ridge, Georgia for years and the management/employees haven't done their jobs. The management never ask us about our stay, and if we were satisfied.

Original review: June 27, 2017

My hotel stay at Lincolnton, NC was horrible. No parking, no towels, rude lady at front desk, far from where they're redoing the parking lot in the whole hotel. My children were playing a card game and the lady at desk called and said my children were being too loud which was ridiculous since how at the time was a group of children running around outside screaming and whatnot. Horrible!!!!

Original review: June 26, 2017

I stayed a the Comfort Inn in Newark, California the weekend of June 16-18th, with two separate reservations that I made online on separate days (one reservation for each night of my stay). I probably should have read the many other poor reviews of Choice Hotel properties, so at least I may have known what I was getting into. When I checked in on Friday afternoon, I expressed to the desk clerk that I had also made a separate online reservation for Saturday June 17, and asked if he could take care of that so I wouldn't have to come back to the check in desk on Saturday for the second night's stay. I signed the invoice for Friday night's stay and a separate one for Saturday night's stay at that time. Thought all was well until I returned from my Saturday outing early in the evening and could not access my room. Went down and checked with clerk, who issued new key cards.

While speaking to him, I asked to have the Saturday night room charge moved to a different credit card for billing. The clerk, who seemed to not understand how to take care of this simple request, checked into my reservation for the card holding the room, and informed me that I had two reservations for the night. I told him that I had only made one reservation for the June 17th stay, and asked that the second reservation be canceled, only to be told that the timeframe for canceling the reservation had passed the previous afternoon, and that I would be charged for the room. I showed him my online reservation confirmation for one room, with date the reservation was made, and explained to him that perhaps the clerk who checked me in on Friday mistakenly misinterpreted that I wanted to make a separate reservation for Saturday night.

After some discussion, the clerk finally relented and canceled the second, phantom reservation. I also asked for additional bath and face towels and was told that there were none available, and to come back in about twenty minutes. I told him that I may be asleep by that time, and he stated he would deliver the towels. As for the credit card billing, the clerk advised that he couldn't change things and I would need to change cards at checkout. Later in the evening, tv, internet, and in-room phone service went down, and did not come back up during the remainder of my stay. Early Sunday morning, I went down and spoke to the Asst Manager, Carina, about the tv service, etc.., and to ask for additional towels that were never delivered.

I was told that the hotel was aware of the issue with tv and internet service, but could do nothing about it. I asked that we be given a discount for the services that we had been denied, stating that the hotel had done nothing to try to accommodate us or try to place us elsewhere due to their problems. Was also told that no towels were available until housekeeping came on duty thirty minutes later! No spare towels at a hotel!!!! WTH! I have also posted this negative review on the ChoiceHotels.com website and Google Review, but I doubt seriously that it will ever show up on the Choice Hotels site, nor will they likely ever respond back to try to make things right. Be forewarned about staying at Choice Hotel family hotels as you may also experience the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

I also contacted the Asst Manager Carina on Monday June 19, who when I went down the to front desk on Sunday morning had told me that her management access to making price adjustments was "locked" on the weekends, not allowing her to make adjustments, was told to contact her back on Monday. When I asked her about her making an adjustment for not receiving all of the services the hotel should have provided, she told me to hold on while she talked to "hotel management". When she came back on the line, she explained that since the tv and internet issue was beyond the control of the hotel, that the hotel would not refund any of price of our stay. Not likely to ever stay at another Choice Hotel property.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I stayed at the Comfort lnn in Lorton Va. early November 2016, my card was not charged for a month. They called me the week before Christmas to let me know they missed charging several of us. So they took the money. Then again today 6/22/17. Trying to get someone on the phone has been a nightmare. Been transferred to lines that weren't answered and a manager that ignored my request and went home for the day. Sorry sorry. Will never stay there again.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Watch when you book online... We were quoted a much higher price for a room on senior rate/AARP last weekend at the Pittsburg, KS Comfort Inn. When I checked the night before we found a much cheaper price for the same room on their OWN website. When I called they said the guarantee lowest price is when you find it on another site within 48 hours of booking with Comfort Inn. Then they will maybe honor it and give you a $50 Visa card. BET ME they want you to look at other sites instead of their own... crazy!

As a Choice member you should be given the lowest price by Comfort Inn immediately upon booking online. They want their customers to seek other sites... nuts. We did get a lower price but not until I called and complained before we checked in. Would have never found the lower price unless I had checked the night before going. Never again. Back to Hampton Inns for sure!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Went in Comfort Inn for 2 days in Lake Buena Vista. There was a leak in the ceiling. Spoke to a supervisor. He said, "There is no more room available." Ask for manager he wasn't there also. I call Booking.com. Giving me the runaround. My bank gave me a refund. Now Comfort Inn want their money back. Please do not go at this place. Horrible.

Original review: May 30, 2017

During our stay at Durango, Co Comfort Inn not only did we receive a notice that the drapes in the hotel were going to be changed out but they also had a man lift going around changing out the outdoor lighting. It wasn't so much the inconvenience but when we checked in we were told there was no parking of trailers to which I explained it was just a motorcycle trailer. There was a man lift in the parking lot taking up 3 spots. The woman checking us in was quite rude about it. The noise from the man lift was annoying especially at 7:00 p.m. in the evening. The fact that this was all done on Memorial Day was disgusting to say the least. As a Choice Rewards Member I would expect better especially because we had to pay the higher rate for the weekend and Holiday. Our room was not serviced as well as it should have been either.

Original review: May 21, 2017

May 15, 2017 We checked into the Comfort Inn & Suites in Elk City, OK for a 2-night stay. Check in was very pleasant, the room fairly clean but the shower curtain was ready to fall down and the faucet dripped all the time. Have dealt with these before in other motels. We were out of town the next day visiting a ranch, then we heard a tornado went thru Elk City and the South side of the town was closed down. We worked our way back to the motel, not knowing if it was still there, went in, talked to the girl at the desk, told her we would be checking out since there was no lights or water. She stated that she could not print me a check out because of no power for the computer, but did say we would receive a discount for the room. I didn't expect a full refund but I did expect partial.

Finally spoke to the GM today, 5/21, he stated there would be no refund and that we knew there was bad weather coming and we should have checked out by 1pm. What makes him think he could tell us what we were suppose to know. I explained we were out of town with no ability to know the weather. He stated that we should have known and he gives no partial refunds. I have just checked our credit card charges and now they have charged us for 3 nights. Now we have stayed at this motel several times but never again...

Original review: May 5, 2017

Manager Anthony ** was rude. Every time we needed assistance he was outside smoking. Funny since HOTEL IS SMOKE FREE!! Rooms were outdated and filthy. This being based on us being relocated to 4 different rooms since one was worse than the next! We finally gave up when we found bed bugs in the last room we were moved to! After that we demanded our money back, which we are still arguing with the hotel manager Anthony ** for, and rented a room in the Mt Airy Casino, which was fabulous! My advice, spend a little more money and stay at any of the casino hotels! This place makes Bates Motel look like a 5 star resort!

Original review: April 29, 2017

In early April my wife and I had business appointments in the Surprise area. We choose Comfort Inn and Suites,13337 W. Grand Ave. Surprise, Az. Our experience is as follows; Our stay was booked for 2 days. We arrived late on the first night, and our meetings on the second day started at 8:30 am. We returned to the hotel at 10:30 p.m. on the second evening as we had dinner after our meetings.

On our return we found that we had been locked out of our room due to a booking and credit card error. We were given new keys and entered the room to find out that our personal belongings had been moved. We did not find out until the next morning when we prepared to check out the extent of what had happened. We found that not only had items been moved, food that was in the frig was in a bag with shoes and lotions, and my wife's I-PAD was missing.

We reported the problem to front desk and a report was written up. We were not able to speak with the General Manger or owner but we were assured that the problem would be investigated, the police would be contacted and we would shortly receive a resolution. Two days went by no call from the owner or GM, so I contacted the hotel and was told, that the GM was not there but would be in the next day, but I would have to contact the police to order a police report as this was considered a third party incident.

I called the police and waited for a response from the hotel. 3 more days went by no response, so I called the hotel again. I was finally able to talk with the GM, who had limited information regarding the incident and told me that until the police report, she could not resolve the incident. It is now 17 days later: No call from the owner, GM or anyone related to the facility. We were told by the police, and the hotel that someone with access to the front desk key entered our room after the maid. We are extremely disappointed in the lack of follow-up, from the owner, who we have never spoken with.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Comfort Inn St Augustine, FL - Historic District - Three days prior to my scheduled arrival, I contacted the hotel directly to confirm my reservation as the area is a very hot tourist attraction area. The reservation clerk could not find my reservation using my last name, first name, or credit card number. She was adamant that I did NOT have a reservation at her hotel PERIOD... Lo and behold the hotel found the reservation the day I was scheduled to check out and they charged my credit card a full night's stay. WOW AMAZING HOW IT CANNOT BE FOUND BY THE RESERVATION DESK BUT THEY CAN SURELY FIND IT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD. After calling them 3 different times they refused to refund my money because they have to cover their own backs when their employees don't know what they are doing. Lesson learned; do not use Choice Hotels!!!!

Comfort Inn Company Information