Comfort Inn

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Recently I prepaid reserved a room in Comfort Inn, Bronx NY near stadium. By looking at my itinerary, I found out 2 rooms reservation on my name. I called the hotel and the receptionist at the desk totally refused to do anything to fix the issue. When called their national number, and finally talked to a human being, he refused to fix the problem. Called their customer relations line about 6 times and could not talk to anyone after holding for about 30 to 40 minutes each time. As directed by the messaging service of Choice Hotels online customer relation service, I emailed my complaint and got no reply. I would certainly regard Choice Hotel Online experience the worst experience ever with any organisation. Even the Bronx Hotel staff was very unprofessional in their response. I would never ever book or stay in this chain of Hotels.

Traveled to Disney and Universal Studios July 9 though July 15, reservations for three different rooms with double queen beds and pull out sofa. My experience with this Comfort Inn establishment (5617 Major Blvd, Orlando Florida) was superb! ** at the front desk greeted every customer with a smile and helpful attitude. Breakfast was delicious with clean dining area every morning. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The accommodations were clean, decorated nicely and comfortable. All the necessary amenities were provided in the room. The coffee was top rate. Overall a very excellent 5 Star experience. Thank you ** and Room Service Teams (Karenolla).

We booked 3 rooms for Tues. June 27th. Would have liked to be all together. One was upstairs on other side of hotel. 2 were on main floor up front. I had asked for handicap 2-bed room. I received 1 bed. Denied that one as I needed 2 beds. So I got a regular 2-bed room. We had our grandson 3 yrs old, our granddaughter 6 months, visited. At 1130 the alarms went off and people were saying to leave the room. We were all outside for 15 min and no fire truck. I asked the clerk and she said, very rudely, "I have to walk the floors and see if I smell smoke." I then call manager. I said, "Really? What if it wasn't smoke related? Carbon monoxide?"

The next day when we got home a pillow was missing. An expensive one! When asked it was told it wasn't there and the housekeepers don't steal. Okay. Then where is it? Next she said, "By the way someone peed the bed! It went all the way through and we can't sell the room!" Very rudely by the way! I said we had 4 babies in there and when we wake them at 1130 out of a sound sleep and take outside and then back to bed something is bound to happen! They charged us 118.00 for the room again. It was the way the desk clerk said it that made me upset. Be nice about it but no... It was very rude! No apology for the night before or anything. I will NEVER stay there again. Nor will I recommend it. Go to BAYMONT. They treat you like people!

I have booked rooms for drivers that come into town using the Comfort Inn in Weirton. I faxed over the company Corp. Lodging card to bill on. Done this for years. Yesterday, I faxed over the card and received a confirmation fax that it was received. My driver goes over to get the room and clerk says that they never received a fax and would not let my driver stay there. When the owner of the company called and said he would put the room on his credit card, again, the manager said no.

For as many times over the years that my company has arranged for drivers to stay there, you would have thought that management could have let the driver stay and contact the company the next day for a corp card, or a credit card for the driver. Instead management basically booted them out of the hotel. I'm livid that a long standing relationship between my company and this hotel was handled in this way. Insult to us, insulted my driver. Unacceptable.

From June 19 thru June 26, 2017 my wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Blue Ridge, Georgia. The first night while making the sleeper sofa bed we found two liquor bottles on the mattress, and the mattress was covered in dust. House keeping blamed the bottles on a wedding party this past week end. So much for cleaning the rooms everyday. House keeping brought us a roll away bed for our granddaughter for the night, and they picked up the bottles with rubber gloves. We located in plain view a black brush on the floor next to the wall that appeared to be there for a LONG time.

Continuing on about our first night. The toilet was slow when flushing, and the water came up to the top of the bowl. I contacted the front desk and they brought us a plunger. The next morning we made a complaint about the toilet almost over flowing, and I ask to have this matter corrected asap. The maintenance made four visits to our room before he fixed the problem. The plunger was left in our room in case the toilet got too slow or wouldn't flush at all.

We stayed 7 nights and we were never able to connect to the hotels wifi. The method to get into the wifi was more secure than the security to the white house. The towels were stiff and abrasive. The television is mounted in the center of the room, and you are having to watch television from a angle because the television doesn't swivel, and the television is way too small for the size of the room. The door handle to get into the (room #313) is so hard you have to slam your hand down on it to get the door open before the locking system deactivates. My wife and I have been staying at Comfort Inn and Suites in Blue Ridge, Georgia for years and the management/employees haven't done their jobs. The management never ask us about our stay, and if we were satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

My hotel stay at Lincolnton, NC was horrible. No parking, no towels, rude lady at front desk, far from where they're redoing the parking lot in the whole hotel. My children were playing a card game and the lady at desk called and said my children were being too loud which was ridiculous since how at the time was a group of children running around outside screaming and whatnot. Horrible!!!!

I stayed a the Comfort Inn in Newark, California the weekend of June 16-18th, with two separate reservations that I made online on separate days (one reservation for each night of my stay). I probably should have read the many other poor reviews of Choice Hotel properties, so at least I may have known what I was getting into. When I checked in on Friday afternoon, I expressed to the desk clerk that I had also made a separate online reservation for Saturday June 17, and asked if he could take care of that so I wouldn't have to come back to the check in desk on Saturday for the second night's stay. I signed the invoice for Friday night's stay and a separate one for Saturday night's stay at that time. Thought all was well until I returned from my Saturday outing early in the evening and could not access my room. Went down and checked with clerk, who issued new key cards.

While speaking to him, I asked to have the Saturday night room charge moved to a different credit card for billing. The clerk, who seemed to not understand how to take care of this simple request, checked into my reservation for the card holding the room, and informed me that I had two reservations for the night. I told him that I had only made one reservation for the June 17th stay, and asked that the second reservation be canceled, only to be told that the timeframe for canceling the reservation had passed the previous afternoon, and that I would be charged for the room. I showed him my online reservation confirmation for one room, with date the reservation was made, and explained to him that perhaps the clerk who checked me in on Friday mistakenly misinterpreted that I wanted to make a separate reservation for Saturday night.

After some discussion, the clerk finally relented and canceled the second, phantom reservation. I also asked for additional bath and face towels and was told that there were none available, and to come back in about twenty minutes. I told him that I may be asleep by that time, and he stated he would deliver the towels. As for the credit card billing, the clerk advised that he couldn't change things and I would need to change cards at checkout. Later in the evening, tv, internet, and in-room phone service went down, and did not come back up during the remainder of my stay. Early Sunday morning, I went down and spoke to the Asst Manager, Carina, about the tv service, etc.., and to ask for additional towels that were never delivered.

I was told that the hotel was aware of the issue with tv and internet service, but could do nothing about it. I asked that we be given a discount for the services that we had been denied, stating that the hotel had done nothing to try to accommodate us or try to place us elsewhere due to their problems. Was also told that no towels were available until housekeeping came on duty thirty minutes later! No spare towels at a hotel!!!! WTH! I have also posted this negative review on the ChoiceHotels.com website and Google Review, but I doubt seriously that it will ever show up on the Choice Hotels site, nor will they likely ever respond back to try to make things right. Be forewarned about staying at Choice Hotel family hotels as you may also experience the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

I also contacted the Asst Manager Carina on Monday June 19, who when I went down the to front desk on Sunday morning had told me that her management access to making price adjustments was "locked" on the weekends, not allowing her to make adjustments, was told to contact her back on Monday. When I asked her about her making an adjustment for not receiving all of the services the hotel should have provided, she told me to hold on while she talked to "hotel management". When she came back on the line, she explained that since the tv and internet issue was beyond the control of the hotel, that the hotel would not refund any of price of our stay. Not likely to ever stay at another Choice Hotel property.

I stayed at the Comfort lnn in Lorton Va. early November 2016, my card was not charged for a month. They called me the week before Christmas to let me know they missed charging several of us. So they took the money. Then again today 6/22/17. Trying to get someone on the phone has been a nightmare. Been transferred to lines that weren't answered and a manager that ignored my request and went home for the day. Sorry sorry. Will never stay there again.

Watch when you book online... We were quoted a much higher price for a room on senior rate/AARP last weekend at the Pittsburg, KS Comfort Inn. When I checked the night before we found a much cheaper price for the same room on their OWN website. When I called they said the guarantee lowest price is when you find it on another site within 48 hours of booking with Comfort Inn. Then they will maybe honor it and give you a $50 Visa card. BET ME they want you to look at other sites instead of their own... crazy!

As a Choice member you should be given the lowest price by Comfort Inn immediately upon booking online. They want their customers to seek other sites... nuts. We did get a lower price but not until I called and complained before we checked in. Would have never found the lower price unless I had checked the night before going. Never again. Back to Hampton Inns for sure!

Went in Comfort Inn for 2 days in Lake Buena Vista. There was a leak in the ceiling. Spoke to a supervisor. He said, "There is no more room available." Ask for manager he wasn't there also. I call Booking.com. Giving me the runaround. My bank gave me a refund. Now Comfort Inn want their money back. Please do not go at this place. Horrible.

During our stay at Durango, Co Comfort Inn not only did we receive a notice that the drapes in the hotel were going to be changed out but they also had a man lift going around changing out the outdoor lighting. It wasn't so much the inconvenience but when we checked in we were told there was no parking of trailers to which I explained it was just a motorcycle trailer. There was a man lift in the parking lot taking up 3 spots. The woman checking us in was quite rude about it. The noise from the man lift was annoying especially at 7:00 p.m. in the evening. The fact that this was all done on Memorial Day was disgusting to say the least. As a Choice Rewards Member I would expect better especially because we had to pay the higher rate for the weekend and Holiday. Our room was not serviced as well as it should have been either.

May 15, 2017 We checked into the Comfort Inn & Suites in Elk City, OK for a 2-night stay. Check in was very pleasant, the room fairly clean but the shower curtain was ready to fall down and the faucet dripped all the time. Have dealt with these before in other motels. We were out of town the next day visiting a ranch, then we heard a tornado went thru Elk City and the South side of the town was closed down. We worked our way back to the motel, not knowing if it was still there, went in, talked to the girl at the desk, told her we would be checking out since there was no lights or water. She stated that she could not print me a check out because of no power for the computer, but did say we would receive a discount for the room. I didn't expect a full refund but I did expect partial.

Finally spoke to the GM today, 5/21, he stated there would be no refund and that we knew there was bad weather coming and we should have checked out by 1pm. What makes him think he could tell us what we were suppose to know. I explained we were out of town with no ability to know the weather. He stated that we should have known and he gives no partial refunds. I have just checked our credit card charges and now they have charged us for 3 nights. Now we have stayed at this motel several times but never again...

Manager Anthony ** was rude. Every time we needed assistance he was outside smoking. Funny since HOTEL IS SMOKE FREE!! Rooms were outdated and filthy. This being based on us being relocated to 4 different rooms since one was worse than the next! We finally gave up when we found bed bugs in the last room we were moved to! After that we demanded our money back, which we are still arguing with the hotel manager Anthony ** for, and rented a room in the Mt Airy Casino, which was fabulous! My advice, spend a little more money and stay at any of the casino hotels! This place makes Bates Motel look like a 5 star resort!

In early April my wife and I had business appointments in the Surprise area. We choose Comfort Inn and Suites,13337 W. Grand Ave. Surprise, Az. Our experience is as follows; Our stay was booked for 2 days. We arrived late on the first night, and our meetings on the second day started at 8:30 am. We returned to the hotel at 10:30 p.m. on the second evening as we had dinner after our meetings.

On our return we found that we had been locked out of our room due to a booking and credit card error. We were given new keys and entered the room to find out that our personal belongings had been moved. We did not find out until the next morning when we prepared to check out the extent of what had happened. We found that not only had items been moved, food that was in the frig was in a bag with shoes and lotions, and my wife's I-PAD was missing.

We reported the problem to front desk and a report was written up. We were not able to speak with the General Manger or owner but we were assured that the problem would be investigated, the police would be contacted and we would shortly receive a resolution. Two days went by no call from the owner or GM, so I contacted the hotel and was told, that the GM was not there but would be in the next day, but I would have to contact the police to order a police report as this was considered a third party incident.

I called the police and waited for a response from the hotel. 3 more days went by no response, so I called the hotel again. I was finally able to talk with the GM, who had limited information regarding the incident and told me that until the police report, she could not resolve the incident. It is now 17 days later: No call from the owner, GM or anyone related to the facility. We were told by the police, and the hotel that someone with access to the front desk key entered our room after the maid. We are extremely disappointed in the lack of follow-up, from the owner, who we have never spoken with.

Comfort Inn St Augustine, FL - Historic District - Three days prior to my scheduled arrival, I contacted the hotel directly to confirm my reservation as the area is a very hot tourist attraction area. The reservation clerk could not find my reservation using my last name, first name, or credit card number. She was adamant that I did NOT have a reservation at her hotel PERIOD... Lo and behold the hotel found the reservation the day I was scheduled to check out and they charged my credit card a full night's stay. WOW AMAZING HOW IT CANNOT BE FOUND BY THE RESERVATION DESK BUT THEY CAN SURELY FIND IT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD. After calling them 3 different times they refused to refund my money because they have to cover their own backs when their employees don't know what they are doing. Lesson learned; do not use Choice Hotels!!!!

I made reservations through Booking.com on 18 March 2017. Got confirmation for 20 March 2017 with number ** PIN **, for Comfort Inn Suites on Westgate drive in Dothan AL. When I arrived at the Motel, I was told I did NOT have a reservation even though I showed the desk clerk, (a young ** female with purple and black dreadlocks) the confirmation from Booking on my laptop, she still insisted that I had NO reservations. After 30 minutes of this confrontation, I left. I did cancel the "non-existent" reservation and received an e-mail to that effect. So how can one cancel a "non-existent" reservation? I was not offered another room or an apology so Comfort Inn will never see me again. I was a Choice Privileges member but not anymore.

No backup generator. That’s only one of the problems. We stayed there on 4/2/2017 when the storm came through Alexandria. We checked in then left the hotel and came back to the lights off. The woman at the front desk told us the lights would be back on in an hour. The maid, (who unlocked our door and just walked in our room) told us they did not have a backup generator. As we were sitting in our room someone started to yell up and down the hallway. "Lord protect us from this storm. It can't touch us LORD!" It was funny the first time but this went on for over twenty mins. Someone finally came to tell her to be quiet but it was one of the guest NOT the front desk. After a while I was hungry so we left to go get something to eat.

We returned to the hotel with a woman and child standing behind the front desk. I asked her when the lights would be back on and her answer was she did not know. In our room as we were eating we heard someone running up and down the hallway. I thought it was the woman from earlier but found out from one of the guest it was a little boy.

At seven pm I went to the front desk to see if the lights would be back on soon. NO ONE was there. I kept waking up all throughout the night. It was cold. We had not electricity. It was storming. Water was leaking from the AC unit and window onto the carport by the bed. We had no personnel at the front desk. We had to go buy candles from the dollar store because it was so dark.

Finally, at 345 am, the lights came back on just as I started to sleep. The freezer and AC kick back on loud. The first thing I did was call the front desk. NO PICK UP. I asked my husband to go see if someone was at the front desk around 500 am. When he came back he told me he heard them talking about the worker who walked off her shift that night. He overheard them talking about someone being robbed or the hotel was robbed but they stopped talking when he came around the corner.

When he came back I took a shower (because now we had hot water but still no cable or internet) then packed up to leave. The manager named Masheka who was at the front desk was rude with an attitude. IN HER WORDS: "I know the lights just came back on, you have to call the utility company about that." "Yes, the cable and internet are also off call suddenly." "I am not supposed to be here anyway, I was called in because no one was here." "Call back Wednesday when the manager comes back from his vacation." "Oh, I can give you a discount but I will not because I was told what happen was an ACT OF GOD." "Do you think you are the only one who has complained about last night?" "When the owner calls me back I will give discounts." "No I don’t know when or If he will call."

Each sentence out her mouth was said with an attitude, like it was the guest's fault for questioning her about the situation. She gave me the card with Don ** name on it and told me to call Wed again. I ask if I could talk to him now since she had talked to him earlier. I was told to call Wednesday again, when he returns. No billing paperwork because the computers were down. I have been calling the number 318-484-9155 to Comfort INN but kept getting a busy tone. So I called the Customer Relations number at 1-800-300-8800. I have a case number and was told to call back in 72 hour if the Hotel does not call about the complaint. Most likely I will have to call the Customer number again because the two managers over the hotel do not care about the comfort of the guest at COMFORT INN.

We stayed at a Choice Hotel Comfort Inn 3-25. My kids swam for a total of four-hour 2 hr then we got out, ate, did presents and cake as it was my daughters 5th birthday. When we got out for night I noticed my children had a rash. I connected the front desk to which I got no apology. Needless to say my kids did not get back in pool. I am very angry at how this was handled. My kids and 4 of another rooms' kids broke out and it was brushed off.

Wifi Nightmare. Getting on wifi was a nightmare. I tried everything I knew, and couldn't. The desk clerk tried everything he knew, and couldn't. Finally, he called a help center and they managed to get me on. I have a standard Apple MacBook Air that has worked flawlessly at hotels all over the US, Europe and Arkansas. I left specific instructions with the desk clerk, Wendall, to have the "manager", Kristie **, call me when she got in the next morning. SHE DIDN'T! I followed up two weeks later, requesting the desk clerk, Wendall, to have the "manager", Kristie **, call me within two hours. She didn't. I plan to take this up with Choice Hotels. Shame!

I have been a Comfort Inn customer for years and this weekend was the worst experience I have ever had. I checked in on 3/24/17 and was assigned room 216. Once I went into my room and looked around as usual and went into the bathroom. OMG the tub was dirty!!! You could still see dirt and all in the tub. I took pictures of the tub and went to the front desk and Helen (front desk clerk) quickly apologized and stated she would move me to another room. She moved me to room 219 and made sure the tub was clean but she also cleaned the tub in room 216 as well. She went over and beyond to fix the situation. I tried to excuse the issue and just enjoy the rest of my stay.

On Saturday 3/25/17 I had to attend my cousin funeral which was at 11 am. I got dressed and left the room at 10:20 am. The bed and everything was unmade because I had just got up. I had some cups and paper lying around but thought by the time I come from the funeral the room would be cleaned. Well when I returned back to my room at 2 pm the room was still a mess. I had some new towels but bed was unmade, paper cups and other trash in the same spots, and the used towels were still on the bathroom floor. I was disgusted so I took pics and went to the front desk. T'Asia apologized and told me the room should had been cleaned. She left the front desk and came and made the bed and cleaned the room herself. I thought that was great of her but it should have been done without me having to ask.

This hotel was really off their game this weekend. I don't think I will be staying there again but would love to hear from a manager because on both days there was not one there. People are spending money to stay there and the hotel should uphold the mission the company stands for. I hope someone contacts me because this was totally disappointing.

My sister-in-law and myself have received the worst customer service. The help was crude, rude and distasteful. They were unwilling to give any aid to us and were very rude when my sister-in-law had to ask why her key would not work when we attempted to enter in the side door. Which their response was "Well that door doesn't work." They failed to inform us that the door was faulty. And even went so far as to reprimand her in front of other customers in the waiting area.

When she originally called to book a room it was for another site not the one they decided to book us at. Then they told her that they had a shuttle service that would send us to our destination. As well as telling her that our check-in was at 2 pm. Needless to say that when we arrived there they told us that we would not be able to check in until 3 and that we would likely have to wait for the shuttle service indefinitely. I will not recommended Comfort Inn Suites to any of my Colleagues, Attorneys, Doctors, Family, or Friends. I will be filing a formal complaint.

I booked an overnight stay on February 15, 2017 in your 15 Jay R. Turner Dr., Savannah, GA location – I was charged $150.00 for a smoking charge. My husband and I do not smoke. When I phoned the location to inquire about the charge, I spoke with ** (front end manager). ** was very rude and said he had proof, when I asked what that proof was he could not answer and told me that if his staff said someone was smoking in the room then it was fact. This is NOT FACT!! I stay at your hotel often when we travel and up till now we have been very satisfied with your service, but this is leaving a very bad feeling with us. In the past I would recommend Comfort Inn - I will not be recommending your hotel in the future.

Where to begin, First time I signed up for this program, I was told, "STAY 2 NIGHTS GET ONE FREE". Well that was pure **. Yes I fell for it and stayed 2 nights, then I was told, "OH NO, YOU HAVE TO HAVE POINTS" then I found a long black hair in the bacon at breakfast in Odessa Texas Comfort Inn. I complained. Nothing was done at all, bacon was still being eaten as the girl leaned over with her hair hanging in there. Never again will I fall for this crap. Crap, crap, crap.

Comfort Inn Merrillville Indiana - Went there for a mid-winter getaway. Wanted pool and spa. They had both. Checked in Friday night. Saturday the pool was freezing cold. The spa was barely lukewarm. We informed the employees. We did get in spa for a very short time. It was to cold. No towels even after we asked 2 employees before we got in. I had to go to desk to get a towel. Sunday the pool was still freezing cold. The spa was drained. Big disappointment for our stay. We only live about 6 miles away. This was just a getaway for two seniors...

My husband reserved 2 rooms at Comfort Inn in New Buffalo Michigan, for Saturday, January 21st. He noticed on his bank account he was charged for 1 room Saturday January 14th. He called the hotel & talked to the person in charge, she said computers were down & she couldn't fix it right then, said she would take care of it later. When we got to the hotel with handicap parents, we were told too bad & wouldn't remove it from our bill. We were also promised first floor rooms {handicap}, we were sent to the 3rd floor. We will never stay in this hotel ever again!!! So sad we just discovered this hotel in Oct. & decided it was going to be OUR FIRST CHOICE, as we travel there a lot. NO MORE!! RIP OFF.

Having traveled extensively, I appreciate a good experience at a travel accommodation. The Comfort Inn at Colonial Heights was an excellent experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. The accommodations were clean, decorated nicely and comfortable. All the necessary amenities were provided in the room. The breakfast was excellent. The coffee was top rate. The breakfast menu on the buffet was varied and delicious. Overall a very excellent experience.

I made a reservation through Booking.com for Dec 9-12, nonrefundable with my parents and my 9 yr old son. My mom got sick (heart) and was advised not to fly. We live in Trinidad. I contacted Booking.com to cancel the reservation, they said that the hotel alone (the manager) can do that. I tried for 3 days to contact the hotel manager, I left messages, emails, he never returned any of my calls. I called customer relations for Choice hotels and explained the situation, they tried and could not get in contact with him.

Finally one of the agents got him on the phone with me, before I could even explain he said it's nonrefundable and that's their policy. I explained that I can't make the trip and that my mother is very sick. He said that I can change the dates but I couldn't even give him a new date because I don't know how to gauge the situation with my mom and what dates my employer will give me for vacation next year.

I was even willing to take half of a refund. I was even willing to wait for them to book new guests and then get the refund at a later date. I spent $250 of my currency trying for 3 days to speak to this manager who came on the phone with no intention of listening to anything I had to say. In life crap happens, I've worked in customer service 21 years and I come from a third world country but this was beyond disgusting and horrible as far as customer service goes. There are times that you can negotiate with a customer so that it ends well for all parties involved and no one loses.

We were traveling home from vacation on Sunday, October 23rd. I made a reservation on Hotels.com while traveling for two rooms at the Paducah, KY., Comfort Inn. When we arrived at the hotel several hours later, we were told the reservation only showed one room. The girl at the desk called her GM to ask what price to charge for a walk in, even though my credit card had already been charged for two rooms.

The next morning we received a bill under our door for a charge on our credit card for our room. I told the lady at the front desk that I had already paid for the two rooms, and she told me I would have to call Hotel.com to get my refund. After talking to hotel.com, I totally agree with them, they reserved me two rooms at that hotel; it is not their issue. I called the hotel back and told them they needed to refund me that extra charge, and the lady said she would talk to their GM, but she didn't think that would be possible. She was going to call me in 30 minutes and let me know.

Twenty four hours later I called back, and she said she was getting ready to call me, but during our conversation she ask for my number once again. She said the GM ask the clerk on duty, and she told her we didn't tell her there were two different names, totally not true, she even took both credit cards, so she knew there were two different people. No resolution what so ever, they got paid for three rooms, and I got the shaft! The lady I talked to informed me it is best not to use online booking in the future, still blaming them for a mistake they did not make. I even have the reservation confirmation to prove they got it right.

I made a reservation at the Comfort Inn Suites in Beaufort SC for my son's graduation from Marine boot camp. I paid extra for the refundable, changeable reservation in case something changed with his graduation date. I was originally scheduled to stay 10/11,10/12, and 10/13. Hurricane Matthew came through the area and much of the area was being evacuated. We received an email that the activities at the base were being canceled due to the Emergency Management Agency requesting resident only travel in Beaufort until Wednesday 10/12.

When I tried to cancel the first night of my reservation I was told by the person at the front desk that they could not do this, only corporate could cancel. I asked about the roads being open and the travel restrictions being lifted. The women said "sure. It's fine". I called corporate office, waited over an hour to speak with someone. While on the phone I was told corporate could not change the reservation, only the hotel could. When the man called the hotel he said the women who answered was very rude. He said he created a ticket for the complaint and someone from the hotel would call within 24 hours.

Of course no one called me so I called back on Tuesday to discuss canceling tuesday night. The women was beyond rude! She first said she could not cancel because I was given a special price for three nights which is not true. I paid $92 for Tuesday and $157 a night for Wednesday and Thursday. I then asked if everything was functional at the hotel and the roads were open. I was told the hotel was fully functional and the roads were all open (State emergency site still had restricted travel). I asked if I could just come Wednesday even if I still pay for Tuesday. I was told "no be there by Tuesday night" or my reservation would be canceled and I would still be charged. She then hung up the phone.

Please note no one from the hotel ever called me in reference to the complaint. So I loaded up my family, drove 10 hours for what should have been a six hour drive so I could be there for my son's graduation two days later. When I arrived at the hotel I was required to sign the attached paper before I could check in or cancel my reservation without charge? For my entire stay the hotel had no cable, pool, fitness room and limited internet and housekeeping.

The best part of all of this was I had to complain about the people above me making excessive noise all night. When I walked away the General Manager made a very snide remark to the employee standing there about what a pain these military families were. Please note the number reason anyone would stay at this hotel is for a Marine boot camp graduation. Which is also why the room is double the cost on Wednesday and Thursday of any other night. I have stayed at many Comfort Inns in many different places. I have never had such a horrible, deceptive and unsafe experience. After this stay I am seriously considering canceling my Choice rewards in exchange for Wyndham Rewards.

Following is a brief description of my recent stay at the above motel. No discount allowed for AARP members due to a dog show in the area. Unclean room as to food left in refrigerator, odor, dirty night stand top, and bugs. I do have pictures on my phone as to the food left behind. Attitude towards a 55 # senior woman traveling alone. This attitude with staff is apparent in most of the Comfort Inns I stay at. This should not be happening. It's disrespectful.

Comfort Inn Company Profile