1.39/5
Based on 258 reviews that contain star ratings

361 Comfort Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Should be a zero rating. But, the staff was pleasant if not anything else. We didn't check in until after 4 PM, rooms weren't cleaned yet. Room smelled awful when we go to it, so bad that we tried to change rooms. They told us at first that we couldn't because it was our point room. They then said that we could - but we decided they would all smell that way so we stayed. Chewing gum was stuck on bath floor. Mold in floor in bathroom. Paint peeling. Took shower and started to settle in. Saw a bug; then another and then two, three, many more. Packed up and left. Afterthought; the stench was bug poison mixed with cleaning fluid? And... our rewards points are shot.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We were traveling through California and stopped to book a hotel close to San Francisco. We are retired and had our 6 year old granddaughter with us. We booked a room on the Choice members site and picked Fairfield Comfort Inn. We checked in and received our pass keys, moved to the elevator and it was very dirty. We looked at each other and thought, "Oh boy. What kind of Comfort Inn was this place." We exit the elevator on the 2nd floor and the strongest smell of dope that you could imagine. We walked about 10 feet and looked over the railing and saw several drug addicts below. We turned quickly back to the elevator and hurried back to the front desk. The women said, "What should she do about it," and as I stated, "Maybe security would be in order." Then through the back door one of the drug addicted a ** man entered through that back door into the attendant's space. So I assumed that he worked there and we ran to our car.

People beware of any Comfort Inn now as we sure will not stay anytime soon at a Choice Hotel. We were a member for the last 10 years but now I question this brand. We contacted the management and they were not too concerned and did not do anything but put a few points on my account which amounts to about $10, what a joke. She said case closed. I wish that someone would have alerted us about placed like that.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Making reservations was simple. Day Staff was very responsive and hospitable. Mohammad, Elana, Elli and Ms. ** were very responsive to our needs. From 5 pm until now 10:30 PM noisy noisy noisy. Screaming in hallway every night, running back and forth in hallway and upstairs, loud talking in hallway, slamming doors. Guests were not reprimanded by evening and night staff. We reserved 1 week stay, next time I will choose 1 night so we don't have to live like this again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I do a lot of traveling for work. Wyndham Hotels, Best Western and Choice Hotel are my go to chains. If I’m sent out toward Southern California the Cockatoo Inn is one of my favorite locations. Staff has always been very welcoming, helpful and friendly in all departments from the actual ground keepers, shuttle drivers, food servers and especially the front desk staff. Everyone is busy, they're working, no maids in the hall on their cellphone and you’re overhearing conversations you can do without. I’ve always been assigned to a clean room with enough towels and working iron. My hotel floor has always been quiet no matter the time of day. The guest are worldwide nationalities that also have always been just as polite and friendly. The parking structure has always had ample parking. Never had one scratch on truck, I have been a periodic guest with 6-9 month gaps.

Breakfast has always been wide range variety of "ACTUAL FOOD" not just of breads or a large waffle. There are sausages, boiled eggs, scrambles eggs, hot cereal, cold cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruits of sorts, whole milk, percent milk, juices of variety, donuts and muffins of variety - I’ve honestly only been once to the breakfast area due to my work schedule BUT when I went that is what I saw. The grounds itself are kept. We will be moving within the county within two weeks. Our upcoming stay will be our last. The staff will be very missed. I remember finding out my father had passed at the front desk while checking in last year. I broke down in tears: YOU WERE VERY GENUINE TO ME HEATHER. As then I stated and now thank you for that. May the Lord continue to bless you all.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Woburn, MA for 1 night and upon checking our accounts, found we were both charged for our 1 room. I called and was told there was no manager available on the weekends and they would submit an urgent request for them to call on Monday. No call, and when I called them they informed me that we were charged for our room and the room of the people we were with. They refused to credit my account and told me that I needed to have the other people call them. Extremely poor customer relations; at the very least they should have apologized and done what a professional, customer oriented company would. They should have immediately refunded one of the charges, instead they made their employee problem my problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Original review: July 16, 2018

Place: Comfort Inn Port Hope. 2211 Northumberland County Rd 28, Port Hope, ON L1A 3V6. BE VERY AWARE OF THIS SCAM PLACE AND IT'S THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED! I called (905) 885-7000 and booked a room for only one night over the phone with **. The night was for Saturday July14/2018 and I never received any email formation but I wrote all the info down and confirmation number. I arrive on 7/14/201 at 1:50PM and got my room. When I checked out the manager said they left my bill under the door, (LIE) it was not even printed out yet. I get her to print it off and when I checked she charged me for an extra night July 13 2018 Friday in which I never booked it or said I would be in Port Hope.

I asked her you have to have a copy of the email you sent and she said computers are down... (LIE). So how can Comfort Inn be in business without sending an email confirmation and not have a copy at Comfort Inn? She totally SCAMMED me and pretty much said prove it by showing her the email confirmation in which she never sent me or she wouldn't print it or send me it. She was very unhelpful RUDE and it looks like she does this a lot to scam people out of an extra night to pocket the money herself. Tell me something can be done about this total SCAM and THIEF this lady is at Comfort Inn. Likely LIED about her name **. Her nickname on bill is **.

The room and whole place has stains all over the carpet and smelled like dog/cat pee throughout the INN. In the room the beds felt like they were from the salvation army, toilet wouldn't flush, bathtub look like it was 50 years old and dripping. Air unit was loud and didn't work proper. The place has BUGS crawling in it as well. The room stunk really bad and everything felt moist/wet. The food was awful, tasted like heated up rubber or sponge. I would NEVER ever come back to this place or any Comfort Inn ever again. WORSE PLACE TO STAY and they are CROOKS!

Original review: July 13, 2018

We showed up to the hotel. The air conditioning units in the hallway were blowing hot air. Paint was peeling off the walls. We showed up in our room and the air conditioning was not working good. Also paint patches on the wall. We woke up to cockroaches in the bathroom. We had no other choice but to stay here. Nothing else was available due to an event or something going on. Still spent close to $200 here. Totally not worth it. Not a satisfied customer. We've stayed here before never an issue and all of a sudden the service and display is awful.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I wish I could give less than a 1 star. This hotel is pathetic, a fraud, and a complete embarrassment to the hospitality business. I just came to check the hotel's review and realize people already have fuming experiences. I wouldn't comment on this as I eventually never utilized the services. However, I must warn you, based on my experience, that this hotels completely lacks of Value. Please don't book a room online. If you must use their quack services, do it on the desk, as you will never be issued a refund if you change your mind on in the very minute you book online. In May 2018, I traveled to Boston with a friend for an interview and booked a room in Comfort Inn Boston via HotelPlanner "900 Morrissey Boulevard Boston, MA 02122".

I called to cancel in the very minute I had booked and they promised they would respond on a Monday the following week. But they never refunded even after weeks of follow up. I involved my credit card company and HotelPlanner but Comfort Inn still would grant no courtesy. What pisses me off is the fact that no non-refundable terms was on the site when I booked but this appeared on my receipt. I was particularly meticulous to search the cancellation policy before booking a room, which makes me conclude with everyone else that they are a fraud. I am particular displeased by the services because that money, at that time, was to me like a widow's mite. I lost the money, never used the room in the following week, and never got a refund.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Our family, my wife & two small children, stayed one night at the Comfort Inn East in Aurora. After a few hours in our room we noticed the locks on the doors did not work. The deadbolt was broken and wouldn't lock. There were other issues with the door itself. We felt unsafe and requested to move rooms. We were given attitude and they unhappily moved us next door. We checked out the next morning. A few weeks later we received a charge on our credit card for $250 'cleaning'. Talking to the hotel they explained we were being charge for smoking cigarettes and weed in the room. We are outraged at the accusation. Management is 'not available' each time we call. We've been disputing this claim for weeks and will not give up. Do not stay at this hotel.

Original review: April 22, 2018

My girlfriend and I are retired and starting traveling. Stayed at some Comfort Inns and was satisfied. Joined Choice Hotels membership and use them a few times with no problems. This last week we visited Vancouver, Canada and arrived very late at night. Called Comfort Inn there and requested a room for four (4) nights. They asked for my credit card and gave it. They said it was rejected. Seems my credit card company needs advanced notice when out of country. They told me to call my card company. I did and found my phone also doesn't work out of country. Told them that I had plenty of money for a deposit and was rejected. This was very stressful for me and my girlfriend. No consideration for being a Choice Hotel member. Last stay with them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at Comfort Inn at 2105 Pratt Ave, Bellevue, NE, and it was a thoroughly fine experience. The hotel staff were especially helpful replacing an alarm clock that didn't work and helping me figure out how to hunt for a house in a strange city. For the money, the food was great, the pool was clean and warm, the room was quiet, the beds were good, etc. etc. We had planned to move on to a different motel for our second night in the Omaha area, but we ended up staying 5 nights because we were so comfortable.

Original review: March 21, 2018

03/08/18 Comfort Inn I 95/A1A Florida Worst experience I have ever had with a desk clerk. Obviously owner’s son. Would not adjust billing to remove one day from a three day reservation. This after contacting Expedia (of which I will never use again!) and going through their arcane and frustrating system of NO telephone number to contact if a problem. I had to call Comfort Inn directly, after the desk clerk refused to give me the number. This entailed over an hour on the phone, 5 transfers, 1 disconnect, and 4 non English understanding operators in a foreign country. After all of this Comfort Inn still had not contacted the desk clerk and I had to go through another 15 or so minutes to get checked in.

I was told to "Pay the entire amount or GET OUT!" I persevered and was FINALLY checked in at the correct amount for the correct amount of days. This after NO HELP from the desk. Owner’s son, so you know where your complaint goes. I will NEVER use Comfort Inn or any Choice Hotels ever again! The Corporate seems oblivious to the problem and seems to condone it due to their allowing this to continue and NO contact with me to correct or explain the situation.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Comfort Inn North, 1213 E. Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH - Stayed 2 nights (Fri. & Sat.). Should be ZERO stars. We reported a clogged sink drain to the Front Desk early Sat. morning, it was never corrected. We were locked out of the building, and they blamed us for mishandling our cards (BOTH of them!). I witnessed other guests with the very same key card problem at the Front Desk. This Inn is nearest our daughter's home so could have become "regulars" but we will NEVER EVER stay there again. Front desk was rude, unresponsive, untrained, and indifferent. Breakfast eggs ice cold (partially still frozen). Gave us a 10% discount to "dismiss us", offered as if we were simply a PIA to them ("go away"). Adjustable shower head wouldn't adjust. Heat was turned OFF, and A/C turn ON, BOTH nights as we returned to our room (late and tired), it was <40 F outside so we had to go elsewhere until our room warmed up.

A very bad experience. Recommend you AVOID this place. After I posted our bad experience to the Comfort Inn's website I was sent a standard computer generated email with a phone number. Calling that "Customer Relations" number I was connected to a young lady in the Philippines whom I wasn't able to understand. I WAS a "Choice Privileges" Member. Given our experience at this Comfort Inn I have to wonder how badly they treat everyone else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I'm assuming they train their employees at Comfort Inn to be rude and incompetent with zero respect. I was in Columbus, GA for work. After working a 12 hour day, I accidentally booked the wrong week. As soon as I walked into the lobby of Comfort Inn off Macon Road, the woman was rude and rolled her eye, because she actually had to work and help a customer. She then rudely informed me I booked a week out. I asked her if there were any rooms available and if she could change the date. She said NO and I had to call Choice Hotel customer service. I then called customer service, explained my situation. Again, I was informed they couldn't change the date and would not be refunding my money.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Do not stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate (east of Cincinnati). Their pool maintenance is terrible. We had no idea until the kids got out of the pool and had a rash and said their skin was burning. Our little girls hair was on clump of hair and it was died! Their bathing suits were bleached and our daughters once brown hair had highlights from bleach (she’s 4). Her hair is fried. We have washed and conditioned over and over and now her hair that is long (to her butt) is being cut. The worst part is the front desk clerk totally lied and told us the ph level was fine and she checked it at 10 pm when she closed the pool. Little did she know we were in there from 8:30-11 and she did NOT come in there. When I called her out she still tried to lie and said maybe I had stepped out and didn’t see her. WHAT?!

The next morning the manager said the ph was only a little high at 9. He was also lying because we had tested it with the next shift clerk when the lying one left. If you go to this hotel DO NOT USE THE POOL! They have no idea how to maintain it. We have 3 kids with burning skin from chemical burns and one with fried damaged hair. Customer service took a report that’s it! I will never use a choice hotel again. Back to Holiday Inn express we go. We just started using Comfort Inn & Suites 2 years ago and this was our last straw. Accidents happen but lying is beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I stayed at the Comfort Inn at 6450 Corporate Dr in Colo Spgs Co and it had to be one of the worst experiences I have had in a hotel. I stayed in room 205. I was tired and wanted to rest as most people do after a long trip. I was no sooner in the room, unpacked, and ready to rest when the running and jumping above me in room 305 began. I put up with it for awhile but when it stopped it was only for very short periods, maybe 5-10 minutes and then it started again. Finally, I went to the front desk and talked to **. He said he would talk to them. This went on all night until about 11 pm, with my visits to the desk, and promises that it would stop. Yes it stopped because they finally went to bed. But bright and early in the morning, it started all over again.

I spoke to ** and he reassured me it would stop. He mentioned changing my room but I had just unpacked everything and told him that I was not the problem, they needed to move the problem. I also asked if there was any guarantee that this would not happen again? He said no so why bother. So I took him at his word that it would stop but it did not. These were not busy nights, surely I could have been given a room with no one above me, especially in view of what just happened. ** said the guests before me complained as well about them. So where is there any intelligence in this situation? You would think management would have enough smarts first of all to put a noisy family on the bottom floor away from everyone and secondly not put me in a room where the last guest complained about the noise.

Ok, so he was going to take care of it. So I stayed a second night and again there were moments of peace but if I dozed off I woke up startled by the kid or kids running, dropping things on the floor and then people taking baths and showers at 11 at night. ** said they were rude but he was worse allowing that to go on. I would also like to mention the fact that I had to go out during the day to get away from them because they stayed inside making noise most of the time. This is wrong, I have every right to peace in a hotel, I am paying for it. Finally, last night I went out several times and complained to ** and he said he would have to call the police if it did not sop. Yes it stopped for awhile but always continued. I do not object to some noise but this was beyond that. I asked ** for my money back for that night because I was not treated with courtesy, respect or consideration that I deserved. He made it appear that I would get my money back.

So in the morning ** was at the desk and he saw nothing in the notes saying I would get a refund. I wanted his manager but he said there was no one there. I asked when he would be there and of course he did not know. Later as I was leaving some guy from India tried to convince me he was the manager. The guy was a moron. First of all, he did not speak well, he had to repeat everything to be understood. Then he calls ** and ** told him he tried to change my room but I said no so I was not going to get a refund. So this was all a game of scam the guest, placate me with lies and placate the guest causing the problem so we would both pay. This is so unprofessional. No one should go to a hotel and have to deal with misrepresentation. The manager should have remedied the situation with the guest before me and I should never have been put in that room to begin with.

The people above me should have been put somewhere else unable to disturb others. No one cares, and I am sure you do not either, this poor attitude comes down from corporate. I travel frequently and 23 members of my family do also aside from word of mouth to friends and coworkers. I will never stay at your hotel or affiliates. I will go back to the Marriott where they could not do enough for me. This is why you are not accredited, you do not deserve to be. I want my money back, and an apology for the lack of professionalism and disrespect to someone paying your salary. You hired morons who represent your company and have no clue what integrity is, not to mention common sense.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

When booking a hotel, make sure you book with one that has FREE cancellations, not by a certain time. Illness, weather, all kinds of things can happen and COMFORT INN is not accommodating. We had booked to go to a family funeral. Realized that snowstorms were still coming, roads were closed. We did not realize that 4pm was the cut off (fine print) and tried to cancel 4 hours later. We were charged for the room and could not even change the night. We are sure that that room was rebooked quickly so they got double income for it. We do not cancel bookings on a whim. But we will not book with COMFORT INN again as it is too risky. Most other hotels have a better cancellation policy, if something unforeseen comes up it won't be a worry.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Pittsburgh, PA Comfort Inn has comfortable beds, very nice personnel, wonderful breakfast, close to the mall and I have a handicap and they had handicap accessible parking and rooms. Rooms also have wifi and cable TV with fridge, microwave and the much-needed coffee pot.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

In their Chouteau, Oklahoma branch, the rooms weren't cleaned as they should. Had to check the bed and it really look like they change the bedspreads after each visitor checks out. Also, vent in A/C unit weren't clean.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

When I returned to the Lexington Park, MD Comfort Inn hotel one night, I was approached by a woman asking me for money. I told the front desk clerk and the manager went out to the parking lot.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

This Comfort Inn at Frisco TX was by far the worst hotel experience ever for my family. We booked many months in advance. We spent our first of what should have been 5 nights with two separate hotel rooms. The morning breakfast was out of juice, milk, tea bags, coffee creamer and many other things. The person in charge of breakfast seemed really annoyed when asked for items. On day two, we wanted to move one of our rooms closer to the other room. We waited all day for the key to the other room. They did not give us the key until 7:30 pm. When we opened up the door to the room, another family was already moved into it! The hotel was full, so we had to search for a hotel with 2 rooms for the next 4 nights.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I enjoyed my stay in their Sapulpa OK branch. However breakfast could have more items instead of the usual fair. Also, hours could be extended a little longer not just weekends. Should also have more handicap parking outside and more rooms.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The Comfort Inn at Carney's Point N.J. has clean rooms & comfortable bed, as well as restful area & close to restaurants. It is also close to the New Jersey Turnpike, but the area is quiet.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Most of the staff at the Comfort Inn at Tulare, CA is very accommodating, only one exception in two different stays in two years. The place is clean, and inviting, it's close to restaurants and shopping. The breakfast room could be a little bigger when the hotel is full, and someone should be a little more on top of picking up and refilling items, but overall the selection is good. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We stayed at Comfort Inn North Conference Center, 1213 E. Dublin Granville Rd., Columbus, OH, US, 43229 +1 (614) 885-4084. Bed bugs. Rent by the hour? People Coming and going at all times of night. All night long. Very noisy. Terrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

February 8, 2017, I booked two rooms at the Comfort Inn Bessemer, Alabama for the LSU Alabama game this past weekend, 11/4. One king room and one room with two queen beds. Both rooms together totaled $169.99 per night. From February through November, I received a continuous confirmations through email and text from Choice Hotels of my reservations and upcoming stay. My last confirmation was received Thursday, November 2 at 3 PM. My husband and I left Friday morning for our journey to Alabama. On the road we received a phone call from the hotel informing us that our reservation had been canceled due to our card being declined. I was told that I could rebook the rooms on a different card but unfortunately the new rate would be $169.99 per room/per night. Unfortunately, because we were on the road I did not have the card information to dispute the issue. However I did question why they were charging my card before we arrived.

I was told that it was standard policy. I did not understand the decline issue because my credit card had a zero balance. After wasting more than an hour trying to correct the situation... I agreed to reserved the other two rooms on a different card and said I would handle the situation once we arrived. After asking repeatedly to speak with a manager, I was told that he was unavailable and could not return my call. Upon arrival my husband and I spent almost another hour questioning our issues with the price gouging and cancellation of my reservation after nine months... to no resolution. We were told that the manager would not be in until Sunday morning. I agreed to accept one room at their ridiculous new right in hopes that my conversation with management on Sunday could offer some compensation.

Unfortunately upon checking out on Sunday I was told the manager was not onsite and I was refused multiple times when I requested for him to be called. Finally after getting a manager on the phone, again unfortunately nothing was resolved. I was repeatedly told that they had every right to cancel my reservation and not re-offer me the same reservation right because my card had declined the morning of my arrival date...and after having to make do with one room instead of two, now that I am faced with twice the room rate that I reserved nine months in advance. I have already notified my credit card company that I am in dispute of these charges however I'm uncertain as to what further direction to take. Choice Hotels informed me that there was nothing that they can do because this was an independently owned Comfort Inn.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Comfort Inn, Woodstock. VA. Booked, thru Priceline, two rooms at $140.00 a night each for 10/21/17. One room ok. Second room toilet would not flush, bathtub and sink would not drain. They were completely booked so they could not give us a different room. We had to use the lobby restroom during the night and in the morning. They did try to plunge it; however, it still would not flush a single square of toilet paper.

I was assured the manager would contact me. She did not. When we got home from our trip, I called to speak to the manager. She was very adversarial. I told her I was not attacking her and wanted to resolve this nicely. I was trying to calm her down! She told me that next time I should book thru Choice Hotels instead of Priceline if I wanted satisfaction with my stay. She was very rude and angry. She finally said she could give a complimentary room at that specific hotel. I live in SC, VA is not a place I go to very often, so that did not work. She then told me that my problem was with Priceline and not the Comfort Inn. Confusion on my part - Comfort Inn is the hotel I stayed at with plumbing issues.

Priceline then called her. She was rude and angry to them! She finally agreed to allow a 10% refund. $14.00! I then called Choice Hotels. They apologized and said they would make sure my concerns were sent to someone. When you stay in a hotel a working bathroom is a large part of what you pay for. Our inconvenience was dismissed. I am not rich. I do not jetset to hotels all the time. However, Comfort Inn is not going to be a choice hotel for me any longer. By the way, the only reason they received a 1 star is because they do not give a ** option.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Needed to cancel my reservations Due to an unexpected surgery. Tried calling the hotel directly twice with absolutely no answer. Called their reservation lime and was told I would need to talk to their guest relations department to cancel, was transferred over but that department was closed and would not be open until Monday (after my reservation was to take place). Called back Monday to talk to guest relations and explain I had already called to cancel but could get no help. Was told they could not refund the charges because the hotel held the room because they did not hear from us.

Explained I tried calling the hotel a couple times and got no answer and that the reservation department was the only place I could get an answer and they do not have the ability to cancel. Only make reservations. Now I'm on my way to dispute the charges through my bank. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! JUST ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE OR HAVE A 24 HOUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Comfort Inn Athens Ga - I have COPD and chose this hotel for their no-smoking policies and every time I go to breakfast I drive under canopy and there are always 2 to 5 people smoking at the door. This morning I asked front desk why I cannot breathe. She said they have to smoke somewhere. That was the most rude comment I ever heard. Not stay there ever.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel from October 5-7, (Expedia Itinerary **). I wrote to Expedia and was given the usual obligatory 'sorry' and 'the info has been passed on' response. But my real complaint is with the hotel itself. While the front desk was very charming and amiable, this turned into a brick wall of indignancy when I complained that something had been taken from my room while it was being cleaned by staff on Friday. My complaints were dismissed and I was made to feel very unwelcome.

This article, a Revolt 4000 mAh, 4x charger, orange, cost me $57.12, which I purchased from Valhalla Pure in Courtenay on July 27, 2016. The hotel said that it would follow-up with me regarding this issue but I haven't heard anything from them. I also wrote to the choicehotel.com that seems to govern this hotel as well as others: ihelp@choicehotels.com, but have never received a response from them either. I feel totally violated, not only by having something taken, but because I've been treated so shabbily.

Comfort Inn Company Information