2.8/5 (709 ratings)

About Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Due to flight to work being cancelled I was stranded in Calgary very early, I needed to get a room for 4 days and like staying at the Comfort inn. When I got there I was a little stressed as it was 1030 am and check ins are 3 pm. After talking to Marilyn at front desk she let me get to my room and a great room at that but it was letting me in that made my day. I'm thankful for this person.

Comfort Inn response

Hi there, Gerald! We want the opportunity to share this with the hotel owner for review. Can you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation? We will be waiting for your response. -Grettel

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I have been a Diamond Member since 2007 and spend 250+ days a year exclusively at Choice Hotels. I booked three nights at the Comfort Inn in Leesville LA at least 3-4 weeks in advance. It is in my profile to always have the top floor (if available). When I checked in I was NOT greeted as a Diamond Member (not greeted as a Diamond member at least 90% of the time). I was booked on the first floor. When I asked why I was on the fist floor and if the top floor was available the front desk acted annoyed and said the rooms were assigned that morning. I checked in early (3:00). The parking lot was empty. I called Choice Hotels Corporate Customer Service. They called the hotel and said they would take care of it and the Manager would call me. I NEVER received a call from the manager.

I spent three nights being awakened by the guests above me. After several calls to Choice Hotels Corporate Customer Service (which is not US based and I have a hard time understanding them), no resolution. I do not have time to call as it takes several phone calls and 20-30 minutes before anyone answers. Choice Hotels clearly does not prioritize dedicated Diamond Members. I will be changing Hotel Chain immediately as there are much nicer hotels with US based Customer Service and better rewards programs.

Comfort Inn response

We appreciate your loyalty and membership with us, Andy! It is saddened to hear that the hotel fell short in providing you with the top-notch service you deserve. We would like to investigate this further. Could you send a private message with your confirmation number, the name on the reservation, and the date of arrival? We appreciate the opportunity to improve and hope to hear from you soon. - Jeremiah

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I am a 74 year old male who was crippled in a bad accident about five years ago and primarily have difficulties walking any distance. I have a permanent handicapped placard. This is the third year that I had planned an extended stay at the Comfort Inn in Avon, Colorado. I arrived there on July 29, 2021. In the past, the staff and general manager, Sheri, were most helpful. This year they were surly and sometimes outright rude.

The facility, which I understand to be a local owner franchise, implemented a one vehicle per room rule. As I did two years ago, I and my party had an RV and two cars to park, which was fine then, but not allowed this year. I was allowed to park my RV there, but not the two cars, although I have a handicapped placard and there were many unused handicapped parking spaces, as well as normal parking spaces. When I asked where we could park our cars, they suggested that we park in the U. S. Post Office lot next door, which would have been illegal. We ended up parking on the street some distance away.

The day after my arrival, I briefly parked my personal vehicle close to my room to unload more items into my room. When I returned to my car, a notice had been placed on my car stating that I was parked illegally. When I took the notice and my handicapped placard to the front desk, I was told that this was my only warning and the next time I parked in the Comfort Inn lot, my car would be booted and towed. I explained again that I was handicapped and could not walk extended distances, such as from the Comfort Inn to where my car was parked on the street, without suffering substantial discomfort. I was offered no help.

I was told by the GM, Sheri, that they implemented this policy because they were completely booked every night. While this may have been true, the parking lot at the Comfort Inn was only 70-80% full at night and 5 to 15% full during the day. They had at least six handicapped parking spaces the were never used by others. There was never a time that my parking an extra vehicle in their lot would have been a problem. I witnessed Sheri yelling at another couple because of where they were parked. I was able to talk to them later, and they said that both Sheri and other member of the staff were rude to them as well.

I had planned a 13 day stay at the Comfort Inn, but cancelled the last week of my stay and moved to another hotel with lots of parking and a most helpful staff. I still have not received the refund I was promised by the Comfort Inn front desk staff.I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel or been subjected to pain and suffering unnecessarily. Besides this review, I will be filing a Americans with Disabilities Act complaint. This Comfort Inn has lots of deficiencies that need to be corrected in their plant, their staff and their attitude.

Comfort Inn response
    Since we do not have access to the day-to-day operations, we can only send your feedback to the hotel. As well, regarding your refund, for further assistance, please contact the hotel directly. Alternatively, so we can review your reservations, please sent us a Private message with your full name, date of arrival of the stay, and confirmation number. Thank you for reaching out to us. Have a great day!
    Fernando
    Customer Care

CC: 10387882

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Room floor has big nasty spot. Sheets and bed covering had stains. Bed covering was torn. No one ever at front desk. You have to go find them. No towels available until afternoons. Trash containers in lobby and front door over flowing and next day still maybe a couple had been emptied but most still full. Washer and dryers not working at all signs on them and the ones we used did not work well.

Comfort Inn response

I would have also been disappointed by that, Dennie! We would like to investigate this matter. Could you please send us more details through a private message? Also, please include the hotel's locations, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation. We will be waiting for your reply. - Jeremiah

Original review: July 28, 2021

Our 19 year old daughter was traveling with friends and was told she could not check in at an age under 21 due to some supposed teen suicide law. JR, the desk associate, was very rude and disrespectful. I am trying to contact the company but the website has been unhelpful. JR's supervisor is Scott ** according to JR but I can't verify that. Fortunately we found friends in the area to allow a couple of 19 year old young ladies to stay with them rather than sleep on the streets of OKC.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, AJ. We are sad to learn of the problems your daughter encountered to check-in at this property. We sincerely regret that the hotel's staff left a lot to be desired, so we'd like to make a proper follow-up on it. We kindly ask you to send us a private message with the confirmation number, arrival date, and name on the reservation. We'll keep an eye on your response.

Joe

Choice Hotels International

Original review: July 5, 2021

If you are in Louisville KY, and are staying at the Comfort Inn (Choice Hotels) on 4444 Dixie Highway, you need to read this. First red flag, the reservation was incorrect. Second red flag, the room was dirty, looked like no one vacuumed, the tv remote looked like it was never cleaned, and the supply for the in room coffee was never replenished. Third red flag, we had to hold the handle to flush the toilet. Fourth red flag, (the one that broke the camel's back), in the morning, we ran the water in the bathroom sink, a STRONG sewer smell overcame us. We then decided that enough is enough, so we left as fast as we could, while holding our noses shut. The room was way overpriced for the things we went through. We should have slept in the car instead. If there was ratings on this hotel from 1 to 10 we would have rated it a negative 5. We are preferred members of Choice Hotels and believe we should be treated accordingly.

Comfort Inn response

Hello, Lola! We are disappointed to learn about the poor level of housekeeping you had during your visit. Choice Hotels aims to provide all our guests with an exceptional stay, and we're sorry to hear that the hotel failed to meet those standards of quality conditions. To better assist you, can you please send us a private message verifying your full name, arrival date, and confirmation number? Once we have this information, we are going to follow up accordingly. -Liz.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Oakridge Tn. The room was clean. The hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. The A/C unit was very loud. The tub would not drain. The wall paint was peeling badly and I was overcharged and no one will help me. All I am getting is a run around. We will not be back.

Comfort Inn response

We sincerely understand that money is a pressing matter, Mechelle! And we are also disappointed to hear of the experience you had at the Comfort Inn as this is not the standard that Choice Hotels strive to deliver. Please allow us to review your case to assist you. When time allows, could you send us a private message with your confirmation number, arrival date, and the name on the reservation? We'll be waiting for your message. -Jendy

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Room was mid remodel. Probably not appropriate for rental. Carpets were gross, none of us would go barefoot anywhere. The walls were filthy. Food, and product stains all over the white/beige walls surrounding the sinks. Popcorn ceilings... black mold all over the inside of the toilet. I emailed photos of the questionable areas to the GW eryn, she replied with a List of excuses for the filth. I didn’t even bother arguing. Just said that we would never return. For $150 on a Tuesday... I feel like I should have at least been able to walk barefoot on the carpet.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, Kiley. We regret that the accommodations have left much to be desired. As the service you have described does not represent what we aim to deliver to valued guests like you. When you have a moment, please send us a private response with your confirmation#, hotel name, hotel address, arrival date, and name on the reservation. Once we receive the information, we will make sure that your experience does not go unnoticed. -Helder

Original review: July 18, 2020

Stayed at Comfort Inn on Sycamore View in Bartlett, Tn. Had to be at hospital at 6am the next morning. The rooms were dirty. Floor was wet around the tv stand. The coffee maker did not work and the microwave started beeping in the middle of the night. Drug deals going on in parking lot. Nobody wearing mask while walking around inside hotel. This was during covid 19 pandemic. There was also a prostitute walking out to cars very often. Will never stay there again.

Comfort Inn response

We are disappointed to learn about the frustrating experience you had, Jeri. We strongly believe that improvements must take place promptly at this property. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your comfirmation#, arrival date, and name on the reservation. We hope to hear back from you soon! -Helder

Original review: July 18, 2020

The rooms are large and almost too clean. They smelt like chemicals but I think it's because of the virus. Better safe than sorry. The cost was amazing and the beds were very comfortable but the shower was bad. It was too hot or too cold. Couldn't do anything to make it in between. The place is better than I thought it would be for the money we paid. I would recommend this hotel if you're on a budget. It's really pretty good.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Bonnie. It is our pleasure to welcome you to our branded properties. Cleanliness is and has always been one of our top priorities. Rest assured, your comments will not go unnoticed as we have shared them with proper parties for review. We hope to see you soon for another great experience! -Helder

Comfort Inn Company Information