2.8/5 (710 ratings)

About Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Inn?

Original review: July 18, 2020

The rooms are large and almost too clean. They smelt like chemicals but I think it's because of the virus. Better safe than sorry. The cost was amazing and the beds were very comfortable but the shower was bad. It was too hot or too cold. Couldn't do anything to make it in between. The place is better than I thought it would be for the money we paid. I would recommend this hotel if you're on a budget. It's really pretty good.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Bonnie. It is our pleasure to welcome you to our branded properties. Cleanliness is and has always been one of our top priorities. Rest assured, your comments will not go unnoticed as we have shared them with proper parties for review. We hope to see you soon for another great experience! -Helder

Original review: July 14, 2020

Comfort Inn Suites is part of the Choice Rewards program. I am always greeted with a welcome package from a friendly receptionist. The lobby is always clean with complimentary newspaper, coffee, tea, & water. The rooms have a pullout couch with a partial divider & the beds are so comfortable I finally had to look at the label & order one for my guest room. The continental breakfast usually includes hot food with dry & baked goods and fresh fruit. If I am paying for a room I will go the necessary distance to find a Comfort Inn Suites. Not a Comfort Inn Or any other Choice Hotel But a comfort inn suites.

Comfort Inn response

We are so glad to learn how satisfied are you with the service received, Lisa. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind words. We hope to welcome you back soon for another great experience. -Helder

Original review: July 13, 2020

I like most Comfort Inns. They all pretty much seem to have a good clean property. There's no smoking at all inside the bldg and it helps to keep them running nicely. They keep the rooms clean and towels are fresh along with good beds and bedding. Never had a bad bed either. I think the bit pricier hotels is better because it helps keep the riff raff out of the hotels. Is just my opinion and that’s good peace of mind when your car is in a parking lot and all your belongings are in a strange room. They have complimentary breakfasts which is a nice add on and usually they sit close to a restaurant within walking distance. I also like the fact that you can become a Choice member and earn free nights with points if you travel a lot for work or just like to see the world.

Comfort Inn I do believe is on the nicer side of their Choice Hotels but that’s just my opinion. You can stay for a week or by the month I believe if you travel for work and need microwaves and it has a sitting area along with a nice desk to work on if you need that. The rooms are far enough apart that you don’t hear the doors slam every time someone comes and goes from or to their room and no noisy hallways because they aren’t cheaply put together. I give it a 5 star for the price along with amenities you get from Choice Hotels.

Comfort Inn response

We are so glad to learn how satisfied are you with the service received, Tammy. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind words. We hope to welcome you back soon for another great experience. -Helder

Original review: July 4, 2020

Country Inns and Suites offers a perfect mid-priced accomodation in a clean and comfortable room. The staff is always friendly and available to assist. The free breakfast is varied to please all tastes. The pool is well kept and relaxing. Amenities include free Wifi and a fitness room. Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby. Free cookies at the front desk in the evening are a bonus treat!

Original review: July 3, 2020

The Comfort Inn Suite was really nice and Rochester Minnesota. Because of the coronavirus we wasn't able to get a full breakfast but they did give us a carry-out breakfast which was really nice. The only downfall due to Covid19 he wasn't able to clean our rooms daily because of the coronavirus. They can only clean the room once we leave so that was a downer. I love their waffles and I wasn't able to eat waffles there because covid-19, that was a downer as well but other than that, the hotel was excellent, beautiful very clean. The people was really nice. I would go there again, and I would recommend more people to go there. It's close to Mayo clinic and surrounded by a lot of shopping areas so all-in-all I'll get over 4 and 1/2 star.

Comfort Inn response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Ronda. It is our pleasure to welcome you to our branded properties. Cleanliness is and has always been one of our top priorities. Rest assured, your comments will not go unnoticed as we have shared them with proper parties for review. We hope to see you soon for another great experience! -Helder

Original review: June 2, 2020

When IU canceled its grad ceremony on 3/23/20 due to covid pandemic, I immediately canceled my hotel reservations. GM assured me MANY times that I would be refunded $1650 deposit which I paid back in 5/2019! COO in AZ corporate office emailed me today to say there will be NO refunds issued! Offering 2 year credit to stay at ONLY their hotel. What good will that do me when I live in NY and my daughter has graduated IU?!

Original review: May 17, 2020

I stayed several times at the Comfort Inn in Chilliwack, B.C.. During my last stay in April 2020, the hotel kept my deposit. A subsequent phone call to the hotel advised me that I was being accused of spilling juice and smoking in the room. Neither of these things were true. In fact, during that stay I had mentioned to front desk that the room had a foul odor and was unclean! I was told to email the manager about my deposit. Several emails and phone calls have all been ignored. Front desk staff told me that the manager is aware of my attempted contacts but he obviously lacks professionalism and is not responding.

I called Choice Hotels customer service to complain about my treatment. They gave me a file number but basically told me that after they contact the manager they cannot do anything to compel him to refund my money if he still refuses. Horrible customer service that does not stand behind their brand. I recommend that people that don't want to be scammed avoid any hotel that is owned by Choice Hotels.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I scheduled a trip to London from the US for March 25th. I had to cancel due to president closing border. I called 5 days before my reservation date and representative couldn't find my reservation and put me on hold for 63 mins then finally told me my refund would hit my account 10-12 days. April 22 refund still not in my account. I call Choice Hotel again. The representative put me on hold for exactly 62 minutes then hung up on me. I called again the next day and the lady representative went through the whole refund process again and said refund will hit my account 10-12 business days.

May 14 the now and refund still not in account. I called choice hotel again and the lady said there is nothing she can do that I need to call Comfort Inn Westminster and ask for accounting so I did and they transferred me back to choice hotel number. I mean come on! I like staying at Comfort Inn but this lack of care for a customer is just wrong especially during this hard time with the COVID 19. I am very disappointed in the company.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We have always enjoyed staying at Choice Hotels. In this case, however, a few things were not so good. I don't understand why the clerk at the desk gave us a room on the top floor (4th) at the very end of the longest hall. The hotel was not full; there must have been a room a little more conveniently located. When we

got to our room we discovered there was only one bath towel. I called and then went to the front desk to pick up some additional bath towels. Also, there was no shampoo in the room and so another trip to the front desk to obtain that. The plumber who worked in the room did a poor job of securing the faucet to the sink. It was not tightened down, but moved whenever we went to get water. We're sorry to be complaining about these things, but have never run into this sort of thing before at Comfort Inns. Thanks for your attention to this.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Shower went from cold to hot. There was no warm water in the shower and to top this off entry light switch didn’t work. You walk into a dark room. We had to stand with door open so one person could see to turn on a light - very dangerous.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

My family and I have come to this hotel every year for our daughter's birthday party. This year we were extremely surprised by the manager's rude and racist behavior. We were asked to leave a few minutes after checking in. We witnessed other ** being told there were rooms available. This is not the quality or standard of the Comfort Inn and Suites. We will take our family event to Hilton Hotels where you can receive excellent accommodations and outstanding customer service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Upon my arrival I was greeted by James behind the desk, he was very friendly, professional, and happy to see me. I could see he was multi tactical. He Always had a smile on his face and gladly helped me to find places to eat and viset. Graciela and Robert in the kitchen were also very friendly, They both kept the eating area clean and restocked food quickly, Gracie was especially sweet. She greeted my grandson with a smile. She assisted my grandson on choices of things to eat. She also informed us of places to viset.

As I left after staying there 4 nights I used the shuttle to the airport. The gentleman who took me to the airport was also so friendly and a great conversationalist. These people are the reason I will always come back, I had stayed a night a week before when A female was at the front desk and she was rude. These employees I mentioned made my trip so nice. The rooms were mostly clean there was a bit of smell probably from the carpet in my room but otherwise everything was great! The beds were comfortable also. I would recommend this Comfort Inn Airport especially when the mentioned staff is there.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Lady at desk named **, treated me as if my money was not good enough for hotel stay, came across very Racist by way of choice of words and body language, told me to go stay at a Motel that may take my cash. She told me my rate would be $60 more than what the original $121 amount was, with no explanation. There's more, but I will be notifying HR and Patrick Pacious about this. The location was 85 American Legion hwy, Revere MA.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

General Manager Damien Brimhall thought it was acceptable that our air didn't work, we were exposed to fumes from their renovation, and our room was not cleaned. I would be concerned staying here again, considering they do not care about safety or cleanliness. Totally ruined a vacation I have saved for for a year.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I made a reservation at Comfort Inn, Eastgate, 4421 Aicholtz Rd.,Cincinnati, OH for 9/5/19 - 9/9/19 due to a family reunion. We live near Charleston, SC and our governor declared a emergency evacuation due to hurricane Dorian and we had to leave on Monday 9/2/19. We had to take our dog with us and due to Comfort Inn not accepting dogs we had to find another hotel. My husband is a disabled veteran and 84 years old and I am 80 years. After traveling for two days I forgot to call and cancel my reservations until this morning. The manager charged me for last night even though we didn’t stay there. He said they had a 24 hr. policy and he wouldn’t make an exception. I called customer service and talked to the manager and they won’t refund the money. I feel they should make an exception due to the circumstances. They have very poor customer service. If there is anything you can do I would greatly appreciate it.

Comfort Inn response
Thank you for bringing this up to our attention, Nancy! We are eager to follow up with you about this situation due to the extenuating circumstances. It would have been lovely to host you and your husband. I hope you two are staying safe. When you get some time, please send a message including your confirmation number and full name on the reservation so we may follow up.

I look forward to connecting with you further! *Julio

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I booked a room in Ashland, NH months in advance. My schedule changed, so I attempted to cancel the reservation. I was told that the reservation was paid for in advance, and that it's the hotel's policy not to refund pre-paid reservations. I asked if I could obtain a credit or a voucher for a future stay at an affiliated hotel. I was told that this was not possible either. So I'm out $175.00 for absolutely nothing. With a policy like this, do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel chain. They obviously only care about profit and not about customer satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Room unclean, no bedding, rude clerk, dumb clerk, this hotel should be closed, This was a prepaid reservation. Had to drive another 50 miles, st 10:pm ORINDA TENN, I 65 EXIT. Avoid avoid. Complained to corporate, email on business card invalid.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I really dislike writing this review but frankly - this company gives little choice --- Arrived and checked in at 8pm 7/25/19 - this was after a long day, we were tired and in need of a decent room and shower. Room looked fine but no hot water - I call to desk and she said she would let manager know - thanked her and unpacked --- my lady still had no hot water at about 8:45. Another call with "will let manager know" -- thank you ---- 9:15 no hot water -call to desk -- "the manager is resetting the boiler, will have water in maybe ten minutes" ----at ten minutes to ten I called the desk for same issue "well I let the manager know". "I would like him to call me please" -"I'll pass it to him." CLICK ----

10:10 call to desk ---"Look there is still no hot water - I want to speak to the manager" ---"well he's gone for the night but you should have water soon and by the way I am not the person you were talking to earlier - they both left at 10:00 and there is no manager on duty now." 10:20 we had hot water ---- AT 130.00 for a room I would think hot water would be a given????

Original review: July 28, 2019

We had a remarkable stay at the Comfort Inn Aikens Center. It was a very nice experience. Staff was friendly, welcoming, and always smiling. :) We asked for a quiet room, and got it! :) The AC unit was surprisingly quiet as well. It was overall clean, and a refreshing experience. I would definitely recommend staying here, in fact, we liked it so much we marked it on our map for the next time we have to travel 1,000 miles, and need a rest on the way, because we wanted to be certain we would find it again.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We needed a place for one night while traveling and I had booked reservations several months ahead at the Comfort Inn on Harper Road, Beckley, West Virginia.

When we (a family of 4) walked into our room we were overwhelmed by a permeating musty smell. I used some spray room deodorizer I had with me and figured we'd have to make the best of it. We then noticed what appeared to be black mold on the sheets and an orange stain on the underside of one of the bedspreads. I took off one of the pillowcases and there were yellow circular stains all over the pillow. I went to the front desk to request a different room, but was told they were full up. They did offer to deduct $25 from my bill.

We then decided to use a different hotel in the area, but as there was some kind of international convention going on, we were unable to make other arrangements. The manager then came to our room to tell us that there had been a cancellation and we could have a different room. That room also smelled musty, although the sheets seemed clean. The curtains, however, had what appeared to be either black mold or dirt on them and the fridge wasn't working. Everything about this motel was unappealing... simply nasty. We will NEVER use Comfort Inn again. I would sooner sleep in a tent.

Original review: July 27, 2019

My mother stayed in room 224 at the Creswell, Oregon location on the 17th and 18th of July 2019, on her way home from visiting family and picked up SCABIES on her leg. She called the motel and they would not give her a refund and stated you can only receive scabies from skin to skin contact, which is not factual. The bed did not have fitted sheets and there was a mattress pad on the bed that was too small for the mattress. My mother is a clean and classy person and 76 years old, there was no other place she had visited where she could have picked up such a dirty bug. Her left leg itched the whole drive home which was about 8 hours. Shame on this place for not being clean and then denying it. BE WARNED!!!!

Original review: July 21, 2019

We stayed at Erie on 12th St Comfort Inn. Rooms were nice but sheets and comforters were dirty. I did ask for housekeeping but they were gone. They did say they could move our room but with 4 grandkids already unpacked and showering I asked them to send clean sheets and we would do it ourselves. Thought all was good but when went to breakfast waffle batter was empty. After asking at desk a fellow came out and took container back to kitchen leaving my granddaughter standing there waiting for 15 minutes before we asked and then was told waffle irons were broke!! Which was a lie. They were out of 2% milk so after telling kids they would have to eat cereal instead of waffles which is what we wanted. The desk told grandson to use skim milk, it was the same as 2%. Wasn't a good stay and was a shame because I normally go to Comfort Inn but not sure I will again.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Texarkana, AR and paid for one night with my credit card. The person behind the counter charged three nights on my card. When I call the main company I was put on hold and forgotten twice. This took over an hour of my time. Since I live in Joplin, MO, my brother-in-law followed up with the local motel in Texarkana. They removed one night charge, but have not removed the second overcharge. It will soon be a month since I stayed there. It appears the employee rang my card up and took cash out of the till. Be careful if you decide to stay at this motel. Watch out for dishonest employees, because those in charge do not make things right.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Receptionist desk service was unprofessional and unhelpful. Hotel didn't acknowledge we had pre-paid even though showed proof of this. A supervisor arrived and she too said it was my problem as their system didn't show us paid. It took my being on my cell phone for an hour to Choice Hotels to get it resolved (confirming we had paid) instead of getting the downtime and sleep I needed after travelling 12 hours. A professional service hotel would have cleared this up for us - not asking us to do it.

The room smelled terrible and we finally located an upholstered chair to be the problem. We threw pillows on it but it still emitted an unbearable chemical smell so we opened the window only to be greeted by loud partying right outside the window. We went down to front desk and were told it was construction workers staying at the hotel and that she would ask them to quiet down. But no, this continued into the early morning hours. We won't ever be returning to this hotel.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Checked into Comfort Inn @ Burnet ,TX on 3/30/19. Late in the day, we were told that they had only 1 room left (suite). There were other events in town and motels were full. Took the room @ $237 total with taxes. Stayed here last year at less than $100 for a reg. room. Hardly what I would call a suite, bad lighting and bad furniture made for horrible ambiance. Looks like we were taken advantage of pricewise. I'm in the database so they know I have stayed there before. Take care of your repeat customers and they will keep booking with you. So, in this case, guess where I will NOT stay next trip thru Burnet.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I exclusively use Choice hotels when I travel for work or vacations. We booked the Comfort Inn Cranberry Township on Sheraton (Pittsburgh area) for this past Thursday through Sunday for a concert and our anniversary weekend. What started out as a very pleasant stay turned into an incredibly embarrassing and demeaning morning Saturday at breakfast. I am incredibly disappointed and embarrassed by the manner I was treated by 2 employees at the Cranberry Township Comfort Inn (Kenesha and Ryan) during breakfast.

Apparently when I put syrup on my waffle, some was on the edge of the plate and dripped off the plate on to the floor. A simple accident that I did not see as I walked over to get butter. Kenesha was not happy that I had gotten syrup on the floor and was incredible rude in telling me that it was dripping, I needed to watch what I was doing and now she was going to have to clean it up. I would have wiped the plate if I would have noticed it was dripping and would have happily cleaned up the mess myself. Instead, I was treated like a child, chastised in the middle of the food area and made to feel like I did it on purpose or like I was a bratty child she wanted to reprimand.

Once she came out with the mop, she told an elderly gentleman and myself to "move out of her way so she could deal with the syrup before people walked on it and made the floor sticky." Even after this, I would have chalked it up to "maybe she was having a bad day". Although I did say that kindness instead of rudeness would be much more effective and I did not deserve to be treated in such a manner for a accident.

A few minutes after I sat down, Ryan, who was working the front desk, came over to talk down to me about the syrup and they didn't need people making a mess (seriously, it's like I purposely poured a whole bottle out at this point instead of the little bit that dripped off the plate). He did this in front of an almost full eating area. It was humiliating, degrading, infuriating and shocking that he felt the need to come say something to me. He claimed that the manager, who was not on duty, told him to "handle me". I had not caused a scene, I had wiped my plate to stop the dripping and had already been sitting down to eat my breakfast for several minutes. He interrupted me while I was eating to berate me! No kindness, nothing other than how dare I make a mess.

Up until this point, I would have given this hotel 5 stars. Previous employees the past two days had been wonderful, helpful and friendly. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, definitely a hotel we would have come back to when we travel to Pittsburgh. Instead I left a day early to come home. I was so humiliated by how they handled this incident that I was in tears by the time I got back up to my room and I am not one to get my feelings hurt easily, especially by strangers! It takes me quite a while of things repeatedly annoying or upsetting me before I speak up to people I know for goodness sake!

Kindness goes a long way folks. There was no need for me to be spoken to 3 different times by 2 employees much less in the manner they spoke to me. A simple "Oh goodness, it looks like you're dripping, can I help" or "Here, it looks like you need a napkin/wet rag" would have gone a long way. Politely asking me to wipe up the spill also would have been perfectly acceptable. Instead they took a route of unkindness, bullying and embarrassing a guest and made a very happy customer into one who will never stay in that location again. I highly recommend that both employees attend some customer service and guest relations training as they are sorely lacking in that department.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Our room was a torture chamber: this place should be labeled DISCOMFORT INN! A/c was unbearably loud and room too hot to sleep in without it. Managed only 2 hours of sleep. Room smelled of urine and suspect stains looked like excrement poorly cleaned up. Bathroom floor was sticky and disgusting to step on. Covered the floor with towels so we could use the room. Walls were so thin, it sounded like other occupants were in our room. Manager gave a pittance of a refund. Our final cost was still about $200 for the night.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Newport News, Virginia. A housekeeper stole a $90 pair of headphones for a PS4. The hotel refused to cooperate with me or even speak to me about the incident. I was told multiple times that I would receive a callback and never did, the housekeeping manager refused to get on the phone with me and when asking who the housekeepers were who cleaned the room I was rudely told that it was “none of my concern”. Aside from the fact that my expensive property was stolen, the wifi was absolutely horrible and impossible to even connect to and the air conditioning did not work in the summer.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Thetford Mines Quebec for 2 nights to attend a family funeral in early March, 2019. The staff were quite good, but no one was dealing with large groups of loud, drunken parents that allowed even larger groups of their children to play hockey in the halls for hours on-end from mid-morning until late at night. There was nowhere else for us to stay otherwise we would have checked out. I should not have had to deal with it myself because I don't work there. We left exhausted and frustrated, and that was before our 13 hour drive home in a Winter storm. We'd have to stranded for us to stay at any Comfort Inn again. Had I been alone I would have asked for a refund on the first night and slept in my truck as I am sure I would have had a better sleep.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We checked into Comfort Inn Redbluff, California on Feb. 22, 2019. We rented a suite with our Choice points. We noticed the TV in the living room was not there, we talked to the front desk - they said it would be put in on the 23rd of Feb. 2019. We left the next morning for part of the day - came back still no TV, we also noticed there was rust around the drain and bottom of the sink in the wet bar along with hard water stains all over the sink. And there were chips out of the tub. I could have fixed the sink in a few minutes with some cleaning and 2 new washers in the faucets. We were not happy at all considering this was a suite. We checked out on the 25th of Feb. 2019. Still no TV and we felt because we used our points we got a crappy room and I do not care attitude from the desk clerk. We have stayed here in the past every 2 or 3 months visiting our family, not happy at all this time.

Comfort Inn Company Information