CheapTickets

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchased 3 concert tickets to Marc Anthony in LA. Right after purchasing them from CheapTickets, we thought we'd check pricing on Ticketmaster. Total cost from Ticketmaster was $400 lower than "CheapTickets.com". Called CheapTickets and tried to cancel my order but they would not refund any money. Never use CheapTickets. Their prices and service fees are way too high.

I booked a vacation for my family and needed to cancel within 24 hours of purchasing with their insurance. It took two exhausting months to get refunded. Travelocity is more professional. If negative star was an option I would give that rating.

Just booked a family of 4 with a partial ocean view with CheapTickets to Kauai with 6 nights - 6 nights facing a parking lot!!! Called the resort and they said they give CheapTickets the lowest rates! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Completely dissatisfied with service! Try to booked a complete package hotel and airfare round trip to New Orleans from Fort Lauderdale online of course several times, when using their special at the end of the booking, the prices went up by almost $200.00, anyway came back and said that she will changed my flights in order to keep the saving, Oh well it did not happens. Place me back on hold and said for an additional $50.00 she will get me where I wanted to go and the hotel that I wanted to stay. I told her flat out that what a fraud that there are no such thing as specials and deals.

Same history happens to me with CheapTickets.com. I have reason to believe that are both a parent company. I told her that after me holding on the phone for over 30 minutes and changing my flights, I did not agreed with the changes that I will call back later or booked later. Watch it people, no such thing as Special Deal. Very poor doing business... Just a huge ball of FRAUD and SCAMS!

I don't even know where to begin. First of all they have a call center overseas and I had such a tough time understanding what was being said over the phone. They also tell you a bunch of lies and leave out a lot of information regarding refunds and help if something goes wrong. I made a reservation on August 14th 2017 to the Dominican Republic Punta Cana to be exact. I had such a horrible experience. I was not aware they on the beach they sold drugs and it was filled with people that did not make reservations there or worked there.

I decided to take action by calling CheapTickets and asking them what are my options to get out of there because I did not feel safe at all. I explained to them what happen and they wanted nothing to do with it. I then asked them if they had any rooms available in a near hotel and they said no which was a complete lie. The hotel near me had plenty of rooms available. Also CheapTickets charged me another 550 just to cancel the hotel stay and they did not want to refund me the money. I will never use this website again!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

I booked a roundtrip flight to Minneapolis. Several weeks after booking the flight, I received a call from Cheap Tickets stating one of the flights had been cancelled. I called to discuss this, the representative on the phone (from another country, very difficult to understand) said that the flight had not been cancelled and that everything was ok. She re-sent the itinerary. A few days later I looked at the itinerary and noticed that my flight had been changed to a day later. So I called and explained I did not agree to this, I needed to fly out on a specific date.

After about 45 minutes on the phone, I was told that I would receive a call back the next day. I never received a callback. There is no one to email or chat with, you can only call CheapTickets and as far as I know, all calls go to a call center in another country. I have tried to call a couple more times and realize that I probably just need to book a new flight myself and eat the ticket purchased through Cheap Tickets. Frustrating experience, I wouldn't do business with this company and risk experiencing what I did. There are plenty of other reviews that confirm their sketchy business practices.

I purchased a flight today, even got trip protection. I called. Make change. They wanted another 159 dollars then I SAID let's cancel, they charge you $50.00. WHAT IS THE TRIP PROTECTION FOR THEN??? Also, these stupid no English out of the country idiots answers the call. You know what that means. $5.00 dollar an hour people. Who I would never give my credit card number to! Those are the ones WHO sell your information! Dont ever buy a ticket from them. Total lies! I called within 10 minutes. Cost me $50.00! Unbelievable. I will be filing a complaint. This is false advertising and I can't believe that anyone would ever allow this!

I STARTED CRYING as soon as I hung up the phone with corporate due to enormous disrespect. On August 21st, I purchased two tickets for my mother and I, later (an hour later) I realized they were booked under the same name (mine). I called CheapTickets customer service and they kept transferring me to one another. Keep in mind I only wanted a name change, nothing else. After 3 hours of holding and constant transferring I was finally able to speak to someone from corporate named Renee.

I am 22 years old, I know 4 languages and I'm currently working towards my masters. And this lady was speaking to me like I was trash, literally. There is no possible excuse for her to treat anyone in that manner period. When I was trying to explain to her how I only wanted a name change, or a full refund if the name change is against their policy. She was not listening. I had to get her attention a couple of times, there was a conversation in the background. Maybe she was more interested in that perhaps. She would barely speak, and when she spoke it was in a mocking tone. She even laughed when I was getting frustrated trying to explain the situation.

I asked since she's corporate there has to be a way to help, or there has to be an alternative. Not everything has to end with me losing money. My grandmother was sick and it took me a really long time to save up so I could pay for my mother and I to visit her but the corporate could not help me regards to something as simple as a name change.

I am a student, working full time and going to school full time is a hassle. I do NOT take loans, I basically pay everything off in cash, so that I won't be in debt in the future. Every student understands my struggle, and I cannot afford to lose any money. So when the company refused to refund the full amount, it was extremely unfair to me. At the end I had no choice but to agree to a refund of half of what I purchased. She asked if I would agree to the amount and I asked if I had any other choice, I feel helpless and she continued with "Yes? Ok so that's a yea. Well 285 is your refund," and hung up.

The original amount I paid was 571.12 and the fact that I lost half and on top of that gotten so much attitude and disrespect was beyond unimaginable. I booked two flights under my name, I simply wanted to give one to my mother. Again a simple name change. I did not deserve what happened to me today. I will never again purchase anything from CheapTickets.

July 27 - 5:03 pm (CT) I made a purchase for two round trip tickets MSP LAS. The confirmation page stated they would send me an email to solidify my purchase and reminded me there can be changes to the selected itinerary (ONLY ON ct.com behalf *I know. NOTE"* Confirmation page then said MSPLAS, LAS LAX (I thought that this must be an error). 5:11 PM- Received a "welcome" email mailer from CheapTickets (had nothing to do with said purchased itinerary). 5:16 PM Placed a call to CT.COM to notify them of the message I saw on the confirmation page. That I needed to be sure that this was not an error. She said it was in fact booked for MSP LAS and LASLAX. She told me to notify SPIRIT AIRLINES immediately.

5:18 PM - Received Travel confirmation (while on the line with CT.COM) Itin# **. It stated I would be flying out of LAX LAS and LAS LAX. Told her in a panic and she then connected me to SPIRIT. 5:19 ON PHONE WITH SPIRIT. They said they would fully reimburse me if we couldn't find comparable flights with their airline for the same price. They could not come up with any comparable flights and cancelled with a full refund. (THANKFUL!) 5:45 PM - Place a call back to CheapTickets.com (a.k.a. CT.COM) and was notified them I received a full refund on the flights and that I needed to now cancel my hotel due to inability to get flights to LAS from MSP (THESE ARE RECORDED LINES). I was told that the agent would need to reach out to a level two support agent in order to accommodate that. I was placed on hold for 17min then someone came on the line, they said that they would reach out to the hotel.

He wouldn't put me on a conference with the hotel's agent and had me on hold twice each at 15-20 min. He said he would have to open an investigation ticket and have a tier 2 manager call me back as the hotel could not issue a refund for the entire stay. 6:27 PM - My phone call with CheapTickets ended and I place a call to the Wynn Las Vegas to find out about their policy. They informed me that they have this happen with CheapTickets a lot. That customers complain that their pages refreshes during the booking process and flights and or dates get confused or processed wrong. They also informed me they don't own the reservation - CT.com does and they aren't even able to cancel the reservation because they aren't really my reservations until I check in and occupy the room - due to contracts with the company and its affiliates (i.e. Expedia and CheapTickets Formally Known As: Orbitz who was bought by Expedia).

6:47 PM - Received a phone call from the Tier 2 supervisor Chris ** who was none other than unresponsive and rude. He said that I needed to prove that the confirmation page went down. I told him I wasn't able to provide that but I could provide the emails I received. I didn't need Mr. ** to investigate the emails I received (that's the easy part). He was supposed to be investigating with IT if there was an issue with the system or if the booking server has errors. Mr. ** never performed such "investigation." He was merely making me feel as though I was under investigation. I explained that I was not alone during any of the booking process as my spouse and I made these reservations together. We were on the phone trying to rectify the situation together since the beginning of the process. ** didn't gather the right information and sent incorrect emails to me quoting things I did not say.

During the conversation I asked several times what the cost for the one night would be - that was never answered. I also asked if CT.com was able to find me a different flight - he never bothered looking. I never stated during my phone call that I don't want the full or partial refund. I wanted to know if it was worth canceling or if I should try and find another flight through a different carrier to get me to LAS from MSP and back. I would encourage you or your customer satisfaction department to listen to all the recordings regarding this booking.

It should also be noted that Mr. ** stated in his email he requested that I supply CT.com "The screenshots of your original booking from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, including the checkout page." It would be impossible for me to do this as my original booking page would no longer be available hours after the booking to place. Why would one screenshot unconfirmed bookings when they are told to watch their inbox for their confirmed tickets and that tickets are "subject to changes?"

Completely dissatisfied with service! Booked a round trip ticket and NEVER selected alternative dates (paid for cruise and dates are set). Why would I choose any dates other than what I need... Called to complain about this and they not only want to charge me almost an extra $300.00 for the correct dates or pay $75.00 cancellation fee!!! Terrible India customer service. They don't deserve to be in business... just a huge ball of FRAUD and SCAMS!

I did reservation for my kids and I realized that the name on the ticket don't Match the name on the the passport. I called CheapTickets to ask them to correct the name after calling Air France and they told me no problem but I need to call CheapTickets to re issue the ticket for me since I bought my ticket From them. I been on hold with multiple agents for 1 and 2 hours on hold and at the end they say the same thing they are not able to resolve it and they need 48 hours for the support team to resolve it. It's been 2 days now and no response even though Air France said it's ok for them to reissue the ticket for me with charge of fee but CheapTickets been really complicated and not helpful at all and all the agent that I spoken with have no access to resolve any problem. I'm very disappointed with cheaptickets.com. I would never purchase anything with them ever again

The most horrible experience I have ever had buying airline tickets. I had bought tickets through CheapTickets May of 2017 for a family vacation/wedding anniversary to Orlando Fl. I bought a package deal which included, ...hotel ...tickets & airfare. We were flying out of Westchester County July 14th. We had purchased an early flight, so we arrived at the airport 2 hours before. As we were in the check in line, we noticed 2 other airlines flying into Orlando. As we reached the ticket counter we were told our flight had been canceled. I could not understand why? The ticket counter person indicated that the plane had been overbooked! How is that possible? I bought my plane tickets 2 months ahead?

They offered to put my family on another flight at an airport 2 states away. He wrote on a piece of paper and handed it to us, and said "You bought a vacation package through those 3rd party websites, the airline does not guarantee you a seat." I could not believe what I was hearing! I paid $2300!!! for hotel and airfare! How could they not honor my purchase??? Completly distraught, and upset I paid a taxi a second time to drive us back home 45 minutes away. Upon arriving home, I immediately contacted CheapTickets for an explanation.

They offered to put us on a plane within 24 hours... Only to have them contact us 10 minutes after receiving a confirmation, to let us know that once again our flight had been canceled! I could not believe it! By now... the vacation was completely ruined! It's now Saturday July 15th and my wedding anniversary is tomorrow. The activities and party that was planned has now been canceled. Anyone reading this... Do not buy through this site. It's bs. They wont even offer a solution if you have a problem. I am contacting the better business bureau and my lawyer.

On July 7th I was trying to purchase an vacation and the system kept telling me my card was not authorized The next morning I get an notification from my bank stating what my balance is. They charged my card $2,564.08. WTF. How is it that you can charge me and your system states my card wasn't authorize. There is nothing showing I have a vacation so why would you charge me for one. After getting the runaround I had to wait til the charges posted with my bank and file a claim with my bank to get my money back since I couldn't get anything resolve with the company. You just can't take people hard earned money and think your gonna get away with it. They need to be reported. This has got to stop!!!

CheapTickets & Lufthansa are a scam and screwed me over and I am requesting a refund of the full cost ($970.97) of this itinerary. Was subjected to an INVOLUNTARY denied boarding by Lufthansa even though I arrived to the airport prior to check-in time. I notified CheapTickets prior to flight departure of this issue and they were not helpful in assisting. In fact, they told me to call Lufthansa. I called Lufthansa and they informed to call Swiss Airlines. Swiss Air told me to call CheapTickets. I ran around in circles trying to get on the next flight. Under airline regulations, I am entitled to a full refund for failure on their part to re-route me (I ended up booking a new flight on Turkish Airlines for $2,000 USD because my original carriers were completely unhelpful in getting me on a new flight).

It was clear that CheapTickets customer service is unfamiliar with their booking policy and that of the other airlines. I wasted so much time trying to deal with incompetent staff at CheapTickets and Lufthansa. I hope CheapTickets and Lufthansa will reply to my complaint for peaceful resolution. This was supposed to be a fun trip and I had been looking forward to it for months.

Tuesday 6/27. Tried to book a vacation package. The website kept crashing. Tried the next morning and got the discounted package deal and email to confirm. Then a few minutes later an email shows up from the night before with another confirmation... So this was duplicate and was a higher rate. Called CheapTickets customer service. I was on the phone from 6:15 am to after 2 pm. Spoke to 6 different people which 2 were supervisors. They charged my credit card 13 times... YES. 13 times! Then they switched my reservation # to display the higher package rate. Very shady! I have yet to get this resolved... on day 2!

We ordered tickets for an event two weeks ahead. The morning of the show I was called and told they had double sold the tickets and no longer had mine available. Buyer beware! Not much we can do about finding tickets on the day of the show.

I have made reservation on the 22nd of June at 2:55 AM Eastern Time, I called the second day to cancel, they claim that I made the reservation on the 21st of June, I have my email of confirmation showing Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:55 AM Eastern Time. I called 4pm on the 23rd of June Eastern Time. CheapTickets shows receipt different date of when I paid. This Company is engaged in terribly unethical business and sales practices! They have to be stopped.

I went online to purchase tickets to an event. The disclosed price was $288 plus a stated $7.95/per ticket fee. When I signed into PayPal, the amount being charged was $365.07. So before completing, I called their customer service. I explained I was online trying to purchase tickets and there were hidden fees that I wanted explained. He stated fees were normal. I replied yes, but they are normally disclosed at the time of payment. He said they would be AFTER I completed the payment portion, then I would be asked again to confirm the order. I stated that it should be shown upfront. He said that was not their complains policy and they were not going to change it to please me. After a lengthy discussion in which I still did not have answers (what the fees were), he continued to be more rude, and I started to react with frustration.

I asked for a supervisor. He stated that I could not talk to one without making a purchase. He then asked if I was going to make a purchase and I stated not right now. He said that I had to make a purchase to talk to a supervisor. I asked repeatedly for a supervisor and he continued to ask if I was going to make a purchase. He then said if I was not going to make a purchase, then he was going to terminate the call. He hung up on me. I called back and spoke to a very nice lady who patched me immediately through to a supervisor. I was extremely disappointed to find out the supervisor was sitting beside Travis the entire call even while I was asking for a supervisor. I admitted that I was very frustrated and got upset towards the end of the call, and that is why I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor was exceedingly rude.

He asked me why I wanted to speak to him. I explained that when I realized that I was becoming upset, that I needed to talk to someone else. I needed to talk to a supervisor. He was not interested in talking to me unless I made a purchase. I then dropped the bomb that I had made the purchase online, therefore I had made a purchase and "had the right per their policy" to talk to a supervisor. I told him that I will never buy from this company again. It was obvious that customer service was not a concern. I am also disappointed that Expedia continues to allow their company to treat customers or potential customers in this manner.

This company isn't fair. I found a lower price that they advertised and they still haven't sent me the refund of the difference as promised nor the 50 dollars cheap cash they promised. Now I am trying to purchase another hotel and use the 50 dollars cheap cash they promised. They can already see that I've completed my hotel stay. All they could've done was acknowledge the screen shot I sent them and issued what was promised. Now the price of the hotel will constantly be going up. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me! I'm very unhappy about this entire experience.

I book a flight GRU MIA GRU with CheapTickets and also paid an insurance since my brother, passenger, will need to get doctor clearance. Doctor recommend him not to travel, in writing and I called CheapTickets that told me that a piece of the refund need to be done by a third party insurance company, AON. I fill the form, send the doctor report and they deny to refund informing that the passenger wasn't hospitalized... what a lack of ethic, they need some dead body to refund. Also Cheap (or Cheat) Tickets after 60 days didn't refund... nothing.

Worst service EVER!!! I have had to make four phone calls to change ONE letter of a passenger name, and CheapTickets wants to charge me $75 for this correction. I contacted Copa Airlines directly and they indicate that CheapTickets can make the name change at no cost but if I go through the airline then it costs $50. However, CheapTickets is a bunch of liars that can't get their stories straight but can waste hours of my time. I have confirmed with multiple Copa Airline employees that CheapTickets is able to make the name change, but every employee at CheapTickets INCLUDING A WORTHLESS SUPERVISOR is trying to tell me they cannot make the name change. I will NEVER book with CheapTickets again. I will use the website ONLY to find the best deal then go to the airline directly to purchase the tickets.

I would never make a reservation with CheapTickets again! They tried to charge me a fee to change the date on my reservation within 24 hrs, which was in violation with JetBlue! I even had a JetBlue agent on the phone while speaking with a "supervisor" from CheapTickets! She was very rude and even after the JetBlue agent explained to her their policies on a change of reservation within 24hrs she still refused to let me change it saying I had to pay $150 for the change. I do not recommend anyone to use this third party site to book reservations!!!

I saw an ad for CheapTickets $49 one way Tampa to Phil. from 5/11/2017-6/1/2017. Go to site and it's $227 for the ticket. At the top of their website it says no flights over $199! It's a waste of time and effort to even consider this company. Their rating is so low 1 star, for $49 I would have gave them a chance. I have blocked this company from ever getting to me again and if they do it will be deleted automatically. Boycott the ticketing scam and when they are in receivership from lack of revenue maybe they will wake up and change. Whatever happened to businesses having integrity and what about false advertising? Does that not apply to these people?

I very carefully checked the booking at a hotel to be sure it could be canceled. The website said that there would be no cancellation or change fees if the reservation was canceled before a certain date. When I tried to cancel I was told that it was nonrefundable, as it was a prepaid stay. I had originally been told my card would not be charged until I was at the hotel. I would never have booked this stay if I had understood that it was non-refundable and I still don't see that on the website for this hotel. The company employee even acknowledged that this was misleading and confusing. After 2 hours on the phone, she said the company would not refund even though I was canceling before the required date. So deceiving and deceptive. I will never do business with this company again.

I just booked a flight from Alberta to T.O. Seemed like a great price... couldn't pass it up... until I checked out and found out they charge in U.S. funds. I found it funny how they don't say that until you actually pay for your ticket. I cancelled it right right away. I'm not going to spend my hard earned money on a lowdown company that makes it seem you are getting a deal when in fact it would of cost me more through them than directly from the airline. Now I gotta wait 7 business days for my refund to get back to my credit card considering the entire transaction took about 10 minutes. If a transaction takes place in Canada for a Canadian return flight... I suggest they add a small feature to determine where you are booking from and change accordingly to the currency. I only saved about $50 but I won't let them get my money. I recommended going through CHEAPFLIGHTS... at least they are honest and much cheaper.

Well I have not even went to the soccer game yet because it has not come the day of the game but I know someone who bought tickets from CheapTickets for a game and said he liked the game but he thought they were fake and he would not enter the stadium. They were not so I hope it is not fake and I can enter and find my seat and not get told by another person and say "that's my seat." I like CheapTickets because I got it in less than a week.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We booked a hotel that was described as a 2 bedroom suite. We were given 1 bedroom. Upon talking with the front desk, we were informed that a 2 bedroom is equivalent to 2 beds in 1 room. If this was clear, we would have not spent over $150 for 1 room. We are asking for a partial refund as we were too tired to negotiate last night and did use the 1 room. We have talked to CheapTickets 3 times already and they have not been able to speak to the hotel manager. CheapTickets says that they need the manager to authorize a partial refund that we are asking for. We feel CheapTickets should take responsibility for what is on their website; false advertising, take a loss, give us a partial refund and talk to the manager on their own time.

Purchased round trip ticket from BHM to SFO, for flight 6 months from now. Booked first class for all four legs and was charged first class price. Sent tickets the next day to discover only two (very short) legs were in first class and the other 2, long legs were at the very back in coach. I called the company, and after a wait time of 90 minutes, spoke to a cheerful lady who looked at the reservation and told me, yes, I had booked and paid for 1st class but "sometimes they don't have enough seats and they will sit you somewhere else". Seriously! She actually said that.

I asked her to explain and she told me that this happens all the time, and it was just bad luck for me. When I told her to cancel the ticket immediately, and that, no, I did not want to book another flight, she said (and I couldn't make this up) "Yeah... I don't blame you. I wouldn't either". Hard to trust a company when their employees seem embarrassed to be associated with them. I will never use this outfit again and suggest you don't either.

So I decided to book a room for my family via CheapTickets.com for Myrtle Beach S.C. They booked me at a place called Mystic Sea. So I started to research the place. I found that they had had bedbugs! I also found that there were numerous complaints about the rooms smelling musty and also that there was not elevator to the third floor, which is where they booked us. I called Mystic Sea to ask about these complaints. I was told that if I had a problem with bed bugs when I checked in to let them know. Really!!! I addressed the musty smell complaint because we have a great nephew who was going to be with us on this trip, who has major allergies. I was told that they open one floor at a time and the third floor was scheduled to be opened that week. No. And yes there was no elevator, surprise surprise! I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs in both knees so steps are difficult.

He said he would move us to the ground floor. Wasn't happy but ok. A few days later my stepdad who was diagnosed with prostate cancer had to have emergency surgery. No vacation for us. Oh well family is what matters! I called Mystic Sea and explained we had a family emergency and I need to cancel. He said that I needed to contact CheapTickets because they charged him a fee and if they waived their fee then he would send my deposit back. Back on the phone like I don't have enough going on! CheapTickets said that they would refund me. They sent me a email stating I would receive my deposit back. The email stated that my refund was processed on march 12, 2017 and that it could take up to 15 days to receive my refund back.

Today is March 31 and guess what still no refund! First of all it didn't take them 15 days to get my money why does it 15 plus days to return it. In my opinion CheapTickets and Mystic sea are just thieves using the system to take people's hard earned money! DO DOT USE CHEAPTICKETS.COM OR MYSTIC SEA RESORT In Myrtle Beach S.C.

I ordered a round-trip ticket from NY to Seoul on Cathay and the website said the ticket was refundable if cancelled within 24 hours. CheapTickets refunded the ticket fee, but charged a "booking fee" of $14.98. When I called the representative in India said this is their policy. I called the credit card company to contest this policy and they said the credit card company can't dispute charges less than $25 as the administration is too expensive. CheapTickets obviously knows how credit card companies work and charges under the limit for disputing the "booking fee charge." I would not use this company again as I was not aware of this fee and it is not advertised. Section 8 of their "Terms and Conditions" specifically states, "We don't charge a fee for changes and cancellations." Then why did they charge me a "booking fee?"

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.
  • Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.
  • Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.
  • Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.
  • Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.
  • Best for Budget travelers.

Compare Travel Sites