CheapTickets

CheapTickets

4.0/5 (658 ratings)

About CheapTickets

CheapTickets Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapTickets?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: July 26, 2022

I bought a round trip ticket coming from Costa Rica for my elderly mother, unfortunately she suffered an accident and broke her hip before the flight, I presented Cheaptickets the Doctor's letter about the accident of my mother and to request the refund or credit, they had me back and forward for about 22 days before the flight promising me will be resolved, the day of my mother flight came and they did not resolved anything. At the end they started sending me robotics messages that I had to to resolve it with Avianca the airline.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Do NOT use this company!! They do not research or keep up with the motels/hotels they book for you. The place was literally a drug addict prostitute motel. The pool was filled in with dirt and the glass to the front door was tapped together. As a single woman, I did not feel safe and they did NOTHING to help.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I booked an economy United Airlines flight through CheapTickets in July 2021 with the intent to fly in August 2021. My family ended up having an emergency that required me to stay home instead of travel as planned, so I called and spoke with a cheaptickets representative over the phone that eventually (and begrudgingly, after trying desperately to talk me out of a credit) supplied me with a credit to be used for a UA economy flight between that date and 12/31/23.

As of the time of this writing, it is 5/10/22 and I am trying to book a flight with them for the 14th of June and after getting my flight info, setting it up, confirming departure/arrival times for both sets of flights, I was put on hold for almost 30 mins before being told that my voucher is no good and they cannot honor it. The agent then tried to make it seem like I was calling to "cancel my previous flight", which was obviously done the prior year in what felt like an odd attempt to preen for the phone recording or get me to say out loud that that was ultimately my purpose. The agent was trying to TRICK me into saying I didn't WANT the flight after leaving me on hold for a long period of time.

It was the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered in a customer service setting. After very clearly stating that is absolutely NOT the intent of my call, that my intent was in fact, to complete the flight booking with the voucher they applied to the account, she ignored what I said and started quoting United Airlines refund policy to me, almost like she didn't hear me.

When I told her I wanted to speak to someone else, she told me I had to wait and listen to the UA policy before she could transfer me to someone else. When I told her I felt like I was being swindled, she ignored that and said she was going to find the next available agent for me to speak to to resolve it. I am still on the phone, and on hold, and have been for nearly 30 minutes as of the time of this writing. I am beginning to feel like I was just put on hold and will be left there indefinitely until I just get frustrated and hang up. I intend to stay on hold for as long as I need to to get a response or to document how disrespectfully this company is treating its clientele. How this isn't illegal or open to litigation is beyond me. Don't book through cheaptickets. It's just not worth it.

Original review: March 29, 2022

When you get a credit for flight cancelation, and want to use it for next flight, you are required to contact them to book. They then charge you double!! To "cover" the return. You are not allowed to book yourself online... and.. the flight you find online for cheaper they tell you we "Don't get them on our screen," SCAM!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Cheaptickets advertises hotels that they do not check. The Super 8 in Burleson Texas is not as advertised. It was a dump for local prostitutes. I sat in the chair all night and refused to use their bathroom. The manager refused to answer my calls or the calls of CheapTickets. Cheaptickets refused to refund me the 5 of the 6 days that I did not stay in this dump. They have a no refund policy for no shows but no policy for checking out early. They should listen to their customers and at least offer a credit for future travel. DO NOT USE CHEAPTICKETS!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

After flying to an international country this site tells me there is nothing they can do when there are plenty of flights left with other airlines that they can easily book me on. Also NEVER buy their Insurance Policy, it's the biggest scam because they will not refund your money. They'll find a way not to refund it. My recommendation is to make sure you book directly with the airlines and avoid these deceiving companies at all costs if you are flying internationally. Moreover, they outsource their customer service to outside the USA and the service is just horrible. If you want to save yourself a lot of money, book elsewhere. They pretend to give you a deal and then cancel your ticket, so you end up paying twice if you want to reach your destinations on time. AVOID this site at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Had a flight booked to Philippines. I was waiting on my Visa to get into Philippines. It did not come in time. So went to cancel my flight one day before. But they stated the ticket was with the airlines already. I called them to cancel, and they did. After I verified it was canceled the airlines stated I can go back to CheapTickets to rebook. Talked to Cheaptickets. They can not see on "Their System" that it was canceled. But they could say that they could charge me a missed flight fee, and additional $400+ with no problem.

Why not offer to call the airlines and get the information of the canceled flight first. Just got the run around when I called for days. And when put on got the ol' hang up on hold routine. They always ask to verify your number but you think the customer service rep tried to call me back, Ha! Yes, As many have stated all customer service reps sound like foreigners working at home, I heard some roosters crowing. I do not recommend using. It does not look like I will get a refund as long as their system shows them that I missed my flight.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Sept 1 I went online via google search and found CheapTickets. I picked a hotel and rental car and proceeded to purchase. Only I got a error message. I monitored my email and bank account for any confirmation or charge. On the 2nd of September I see a charge for 847.62. So I contacted my bank and submitted a claim. Days before my trip I went online to secure a hotel. Where I was only charged a fee to hold my reservation till check in. I return from my trip on the 19th of September. Still no contact from bank or cheaptickets then suddenly my account is charged back the 847.62 45 days after initial claim. I call the bank find out cheaptickets denied the claim stating a cancelation policy. But I never got anything so how would I know to cancel?

I contacted cheaptickets only to get the run around. First time I spoke with them I'm told no charges current or past exist that they can't help me unless I can prove I was charged. This was on a Friday the 15th of October 45 days after I notified the bank. Monday I go to bank, get print outs and contact them again only this time I'm told they see the charges. I explained what happened again was put on hold only to be told that they contacted the hotel and rental car companies and that they refused to refund? However if cheaptickets charged me why would they call a hotel and car rental company to approve a refund for a stay I never knew about so never used?

I continued to try and get my money refunded to no avail. A complete waste of my time. I did a email search and the only cheaptickets info I received was on the 14th of September but I'm positive that was not even there prior to my contacting them that Friday the 15 of October when I noticed the charge back. Even so that was a day or two before my trip proof they charged me in full for something they never provided. This company needs to be investigated. I have never had such a horrible experience. I was just given the run around and lied to. I'm out a substantial amount. Cheaptickets produced some form I never saw or received to the bank as proof I knew about the reservations causing the bank to charge back. My bank should never allowed this being that it was well over the time allowed but that is a whole different issue.

Trust me when I say stay away. The fact that they can produce some document with your name proves nothing and to charge you in full for something they never intended to provide is fraud. This company should be held responsible. I do regret not taking a screen shot of that error but my card was not charged till the next day. My continued contact with this company has produced to many discrepancies. They just lied every time I got a different reason. I was even told that their system would show them if I did in fact get a system error? I questioned them on this? I let them investigate knowing they would still deny my claim. I was told to contact them in 10 business days. Only a day later I see a email saying they verified the charge. I'm not surprised it's just the word of a unethical company scheming to profit off the backs of others. A email search will pull up any email received deleted or not.

Cheap tickets never intended to refund the money plus they charged me in full for a hotel/rental car weeks before the trip. Also not how reservations work booked two weeks out. So many unjust actions with little recourse to consumer. Clearly they know this and its seems to be a pattern. I'm just sick over this. I will continue to fight on principle but losing hope. Heed my warning. Don't use this company. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Here’s my simple, frustrating, and absolute disgusting experience with CheapTickets.com. I booked a car through CheapTickets, paid $178.47, and when I came to pickup the car I was told that Easirent doesn’t honour any of Expedia group, and I have to pay full rental price plus insurance if I want the car. After all I paid full price and picked up the car, my question is, what did CheapTickets charged me $178.47 for if I had to pay full price at the rentals office??? After 10 days of useless conversations I found CheapTickets being absolutely fraudulent site, people in customer service speak very poor English, and basically they look the way to steal your money. I do have receipt from Easirent, and proof of being charged by CheapTickets. Stay away from this absolute fraudulent site.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I will never use Cheap Tickets again! I booked a car through them and my flight changed and I had to cancel it (during Covid) NOPE. Took 400 dollars from me for a car I booked for 2 nights when my flight changed that I needed to cancel it but they wouldn’t let me. Several months later I see 270 dollars taken from my account and they have no idea why? They won’t give it back. They take money for no reason. If they have your account info good luck not getting money taken from you for no reason. HORRIBLE.

Cheaptickets.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

CheapTickets Company Information