CheapTickets
1.03/5

Looking for a travel site?

CheapTickets

515 CheapTickets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2019

I booked 4 nights St. Louis Renaissance Airport Hotel. $583. It was non-refundable. Unfortunately, my travel companion was unable to come. I spent over an hour with CheapTickets and the hotel, bounced back and forth. Hotel said it was up to CheapTickets to consider waiving the penalty. CheapTickets said it was up to the hotel. The hotel explained that they had already sold the room to CheapTickets. CheapTickets sold the room to me, and THEY would have to process any waiver. Yes, yes, I know, my fault for buying non-refundable and business is business. But, I did not arbitrarily cancel my reservation and it's over a month from now. Easy for them to re-book. I was hoping for human kindness. From CheapTickets? Ha, ha, ha... Never again. Next time I'll use CheapTickets to find a place I like, note the expense, and call that hotel directly and negotiate. Lesson learned.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I booked 2 tickets through CheapTickets and I was informed via their call centre that it was in Canadian dollars, it turned out that they charged me in USD dollars totalling a difference of approx $2000. I paid extra for my two tickets. Worst customer service and they totally misrepresent themselves as they charge in USD and not Canadian funds. We didn’t know until our visa bill came in the mail. I was unable to get a refund nor the price difference back as they denied it. This was my first time and last time using this company.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I am going to NY 5/18/19 and wanted to see a broadway show. So, I searched for "cheap tickets NYC" and CheapTickets.com was one I looked at. 3 tix to King Kong cost 251.07 from them. If I went to the theater "Broadway Theater", would have only cost 202.17, called CheapTickets to ask to match the ticket price at least 49 v. 61 and they would not even do that. Lesson learned - DO NOT BUY VIA CheapTickets.com.

Original review: March 30, 2019

My wife and I purchase flights and hotel for a special occasion celebration. The flight was cancelled and we lost the hotel reservation. CheapTickets refused to reimburse us. The company does not stand for the services it sells. Do not do be deceived by their offers or do business with them. Make your travel plans with a reliable travel site.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We booked a ticket through CheapTickets for the flight Delhi to Mumbai a couple of month ago. They canceled their flight and I got the refund from Jet Airways as they provided us with the documents and all but these cheap persons are not refunding my money rs 12000. THEY ARE BIG FRAUD. They are just making us fool by saying all other thing and sending fraud mails. They are just frauds. Don't book any tickets through this agency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They are biggest rip off going you buy A protection plan. They want to charge you $200 to change a flight when the ticket is only 230. Do not go through them. Use Expedia!!! Worst I’ve ever seen is CheapTickets scam artist. If I could give them zero stars I would. They don’t even deserve one star.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We purchased Lady Gaga tickets in August for her show at MGM Park in Vegas for Feb 2nd...way ahead of time. Received confirmation # and PIN #. Also rec'd reminders to print our tickets 2 and 3 weeks before concert. Got to Las Vegas and presented our tickets a half hour before start of concert and were told these seats were already occupied! MGM SAID THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO FOR US BECAUSE THE OTHER COUPLE WAS ALREADY SEATED. We made a special trip to see this concert and never was there an indication from CheapTickets that there would be a problem. They sold these tickets to multiple buyers... How does this happen? This should NOT happen. Will never use them again...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought a round trip ticket (Calgary---Kolkata) on China Eastern using CheapTickets on December 25, 2018. The outbound trip starts on February 28, 2019 and the inbound one on March 17, 2019. After the payment was made, I did not receive any confirmation email even after 24 hrs. I called CheapTickets. They said while booking, the price of the ticket had gone up and now I have to pay an extra $100. I vehemently protested and told them that if they don't issue me the confirmation within 24 hrs, I will take to social media and report the incident. The representative right away issued the confirmation email.

Now I want to cancel the ticket as I don't want to travel through China (due to the ongoing Canada-China political tension). I called China Eastern (January 30, 2019). They said, I have to call Cheap Ticket to get my ticket cancelled and get the refund as I had got my tickets through them. They also said that barring cancellation and service charges, I will be refunded the balance amount. So, I emailed CheapTickets. They said that my ticket is non-refundable according to the airlines. I wrote back a strong email that if they don't refund my money within 24 hrs, I will report this issue on social media. It's been more than 24 hrs and they haven't got back to me. Hence, I writing this review. DO NOT BUY your ticket from CheapTickets. They are a cheat and fraudulent company based in India. I am planning to take up this issue with consumer forum to get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I bought two tickets for my wife and daughter to travel back from overseas. My daughter got a fever and I paid the fees to change the tickets to two days later (Christmas day actually). CheapTickets sent me an email saying everything was all set and no need to call. The email outlined the changes and the fees. Then about 30 hrs before the new flight they email me saying the airline cancelled the flight. So I called them and the airline itself. The flight was not cancelled. CheapTickets put two people on one reservation so the airline cancelled the reservation.

I call CheapTickets and the first supervisor I escalated the call with said it was my fault I didnt call them to change the ticket. After about 8 phone calls and being on hold for hours (one call I was on hold for 2.5hrs upon their insistence) they were unable to fix the reservation. My wife had to buy a new ticket at the counter and they paid us back later. It was a simple order entry type error and nobody wanted to fix it or help me get my family home FOR CHRISTMAS. Amazing.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I bought a ticket and canceled the same ticket within an hour, due to unforeseen circumstances. I then bought another ticket the next day that I was able to utilize. After I canceled the first ticket online I received an email that said I would get a full refund for the first ticket purchased. I waited about a month for the refund. Finally, I called the company and then they told me that I shouldn’t receive any refund and the only reason I was going to receive a refund was the email I had as proof. Had I not had the email they would not have refunded me my money. Also they didn’t give me a full refund, they shorted me $8 but after an hour on the phone I was willing to let the $8 go. Do not use this dishonest company! They hope you forget about your refunds so that they can line their pockets with money! Immoral company!!!

Cheaptickets.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs