CheapTickets
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

CheapTickets

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

471 CheapTickets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Website errors out when you try to change or cancel an itinerary. Weeks later when trying to review an itinerary, that errors out as well. You have to call their support for anything and you will be waiting a long time.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I purchased NBA game tickets through this company for my son's grad present. I thankfully used PayPal so am hoping that PayPal will refund my money as this company refuses to have any responsibility for the fact that I never received them. We did a family road trip to Salt Lake City Utah from Alberta, Canada to watch the Toronto Raptors play against the Utah Jazz and right up until game day I had to constantly email and call this company and the other company that CheapTickets claims to have purchased the missing tickets from called TICKETFINDER.com. Both of these companies let me down huge and I ended up having to buy last minute tickets at the door for way more money! I will never use this company again and do not recommend them to anyone!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Our trip to St Thomas planned for February 2018 was cancelled due to the hotel and island being destroyed by Hurricane Irma. Our hotel was one of our timeshares and would not be available again until possibly April. This is a timeframe we cannot travel. We even purchased trip insurance through Aon. However, this was a natural disaster, so it would not refund the cost of the airline. Shame on me for not reading the policy although they certainly did not make it readily available. What made me angriest is they would not even cover the costs of changes or cancellations for our armed forces related to their duty. That alone would have stopped me! Beware and determine if a slightly lower fare is really worth the lack of professionalism and ethics!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Cheap tickets refused to honor $27 cancellation paid in full! - Do not use this bogus company. I spent 30 minutes on the phone and you have to PROVE THAT I HAD A HEART ATTACK to cancel the flight. They refused!!! I am still alive. They didn't believe me!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Booked a tickets to Costa Rica, then had conflict with my military job. Tried to schedule the flights to a later date then was told we could not get a credit back but could reschedule the flight at a cost back and forth $200 each way each person. So an extra $800.00. For ticket that were $1300 in total for two people. Telling us the airline was charging them for the change. In my experience I have never seen change fees like this. I would recommend never doing business with this company, as they are trying to transfer cost over to the consumer that are not necessary. Plus found the new tickets would be less than the original tickets for the new date. Horrible customer service and experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I would never do business with them again, I purchased a ticket back in August. They billed my card 2 weeks later. They billed it again, so now I have a double charge on my card. I put in a dispute with AMEX, and they sent amex statements for both charges. I already told amex that the 2nd charge is for the same dates and amounts as the first, charge, 2 months later I'm still fighting to have that 2nd charge removed from my card.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

24 hour refund policy (Not fully refunded). I've booked a 2 flight tickets to Canada from Sri Lanka through CheapTickets. But my friend was sick so she decided not to travel. And within 3 hours after I booked the tickets, I canceled my friend's ticket. But they didn't refund the whole amount. There was a shortage of more than $60.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I tried booking an airline fare online, I entered all the required data, selected my desired flights and when I tried to book the flight I got an error message saying to try again later. This happened all day long so I then called to see what was wrong with the website. I got someone who was hard to understand and kept telling me to hold on for a second. After again giving all my information to this gentleman and choosing the flights I wanted, he got the same error message and still kept telling me to hang on one second.

This went on for over one hour after which he told me I would have to book a hotel room in order to get that price on the flights. I did not need a hotel as I have family there and would be staying with them. Anyway he told me that would be the only way to book the flight. I told him that this is nothing more than a scam to get people to spend more money. I went on CheapOair and was able to book the same flights without booking a hotel and for the same price as CheapTickets.com.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased an airline ticket flying out of Orlando to Las Vegas from Wednesday October 4th - 8th. The ticket was for $322.00 round trip. I received an email and text message with a link stating my itinerary. When I opened the link I only had the returning flight from Las Vegas. I called and spoke with Caroline who had told me I only purchased a one way, and the best she could do for me was a full refund or I had to pay $180.00 for another ticket, which would have been over $400.00, even though the ticket price was only for $322.00. I asked for a full refund, so now I can't even purchase another ticket, until I have my refund.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

St Martin was destroyed by a hurricane and AA/Cheap Tickets will not refund my $1466 plane tickets! Garbage company! I can't travel to a resort that was destroyed in a hurricane. The island is in shambles!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Attempted to book a trip online, and received message unable to complete booking try again later. Tried this 4 times and got same message. Called their customer service number and attempted to book trip through representative. Representative got same message. This whole experience took 1 hour of my time and my trip did not result in getting booked. They only offered a $25 voucher towards a hotel to compensate me for my time. I'll pass. My time is worth more than $25.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Do not do business with Cheap Tickets because it will probably result in paying your travel bill twice... once to Cheap Tickets and once to your hotel. Here is how it works. You go online, make your reservation for a hotel, give them your credit card number, they charge your credit card number right away, and send the reservation to the hotel. The catch? THEY DO NOT PAY THE HOTEL. So, when you check out you have to pay the hotel, because Cheap Tickets doesn't. Stay away from this company. They are a fraud. They should not be allowed to rip people off like that. (Confirmation number **). This company doesn't even deserve a one star.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I purchased tickets in February 2017 to attend a conference in late September. Cost was not the only factor, however, since an affiliate association was paying my ticket, I took the plunge. I arrived at the airport, only to find flight American 5183 didn't exist, all flight immediately following were booked, and I couldn't arrive home, landing at 11:10 pm. Now, no one cares, but I had late plans and am scheduled to work at my hospital beginning at 0700 am tomorrow. In reality, I care, patients care, and my hospital cares.

Flights change all the time, and honestly, that is today's travel. With that said, in this age of communication, I was not texted, emailed, or called. That is inexcusable. All of the people who moved to an earlier flight were made aware, except for me and my CheapTickets (literally) and, I hold AA somewhat responsible, as they have my frequent flyer contact information. A ticket purchased through any 3rd party is not valued as much as tickets purchased through AA. Don't do it, ever, ever, ever!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Purchasing online tickets for Jason Aldean in Spokane - Purchased tickets through CheapTickets online. Service fee 2 tickets $178. Looked past that as my husband loves this country artist. Instead of getting an order number I instead got a message that said "etickets. You will receive in 30 minutes." 30 minutes came and went. Got an email that said "hey where did you go your tickets are still available?" Tried again got the same message. Call their customer service and was told "your credit card will refund your money in 2-5 business days." I asked why and they said, "Someone bought the tickets at the same time you did." So I said, "Why was my credit card processed if someone bought my ticket at the same time." The foreign accent kept on saying "it is your credit card that charged you." I would say "no, you did when these tickets were not even available." Told them it was pure fraud and hung up.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Purchased 3 concert tickets to Marc Anthony in LA. Right after purchasing them from CheapTickets, we thought we'd check pricing on Ticketmaster. Total cost from Ticketmaster was $400 lower than "CheapTickets.com". Called CheapTickets and tried to cancel my order but they would not refund any money. Never use CheapTickets. Their prices and service fees are way too high.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I booked a vacation for my family and needed to cancel within 24 hours of purchasing with their insurance. It took two exhausting months to get refunded. Travelocity is more professional. If negative star was an option I would give that rating.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Just booked a family of 4 with a partial ocean view with CheapTickets to Kauai with 6 nights - 6 nights facing a parking lot!!! Called the resort and they said they give CheapTickets the lowest rates! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Completely dissatisfied with service! Try to booked a complete package hotel and airfare round trip to New Orleans from Fort Lauderdale online of course several times, when using their special at the end of the booking, the prices went up by almost $200.00, anyway came back and said that she will changed my flights in order to keep the saving, Oh well it did not happens. Place me back on hold and said for an additional $50.00 she will get me where I wanted to go and the hotel that I wanted to stay. I told her flat out that what a fraud that there are no such thing as specials and deals.

Same history happens to me with CheapTickets.com. I have reason to believe that are both a parent company. I told her that after me holding on the phone for over 30 minutes and changing my flights, I did not agreed with the changes that I will call back later or booked later. Watch it people, no such thing as Special Deal. Very poor doing business... Just a huge ball of FRAUD and SCAMS!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I don't even know where to begin. First of all they have a call center overseas and I had such a tough time understanding what was being said over the phone. They also tell you a bunch of lies and leave out a lot of information regarding refunds and help if something goes wrong. I made a reservation on August 14th 2017 to the Dominican Republic Punta Cana to be exact. I had such a horrible experience. I was not aware they on the beach they sold drugs and it was filled with people that did not make reservations there or worked there.

I decided to take action by calling CheapTickets and asking them what are my options to get out of there because I did not feel safe at all. I explained to them what happen and they wanted nothing to do with it. I then asked them if they had any rooms available in a near hotel and they said no which was a complete lie. The hotel near me had plenty of rooms available. Also CheapTickets charged me another 550 just to cancel the hotel stay and they did not want to refund me the money. I will never use this website again!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I booked a roundtrip flight to Minneapolis. Several weeks after booking the flight, I received a call from Cheap Tickets stating one of the flights had been cancelled. I called to discuss this, the representative on the phone (from another country, very difficult to understand) said that the flight had not been cancelled and that everything was ok. She re-sent the itinerary. A few days later I looked at the itinerary and noticed that my flight had been changed to a day later. So I called and explained I did not agree to this, I needed to fly out on a specific date.

After about 45 minutes on the phone, I was told that I would receive a call back the next day. I never received a callback. There is no one to email or chat with, you can only call CheapTickets and as far as I know, all calls go to a call center in another country. I have tried to call a couple more times and realize that I probably just need to book a new flight myself and eat the ticket purchased through Cheap Tickets. Frustrating experience, I wouldn't do business with this company and risk experiencing what I did. There are plenty of other reviews that confirm their sketchy business practices.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I purchased a flight today, even got trip protection. I called. Make change. They wanted another 159 dollars then I SAID let's cancel, they charge you $50.00. WHAT IS THE TRIP PROTECTION FOR THEN??? Also, these stupid no English out of the country idiots answers the call. You know what that means. $5.00 dollar an hour people. Who I would never give my credit card number to! Those are the ones WHO sell your information! Dont ever buy a ticket from them. Total lies! I called within 10 minutes. Cost me $50.00! Unbelievable. I will be filing a complaint. This is false advertising and I can't believe that anyone would ever allow this!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I STARTED CRYING as soon as I hung up the phone with corporate due to enormous disrespect. On August 21st, I purchased two tickets for my mother and I, later (an hour later) I realized they were booked under the same name (mine). I called CheapTickets customer service and they kept transferring me to one another. Keep in mind I only wanted a name change, nothing else. After 3 hours of holding and constant transferring I was finally able to speak to someone from corporate named Renee.

I am 22 years old, I know 4 languages and I'm currently working towards my masters. And this lady was speaking to me like I was trash, literally. There is no possible excuse for her to treat anyone in that manner period. When I was trying to explain to her how I only wanted a name change, or a full refund if the name change is against their policy. She was not listening. I had to get her attention a couple of times, there was a conversation in the background. Maybe she was more interested in that perhaps. She would barely speak, and when she spoke it was in a mocking tone. She even laughed when I was getting frustrated trying to explain the situation.

I asked since she's corporate there has to be a way to help, or there has to be an alternative. Not everything has to end with me losing money. My grandmother was sick and it took me a really long time to save up so I could pay for my mother and I to visit her but the corporate could not help me regards to something as simple as a name change.

I am a student, working full time and going to school full time is a hassle. I do NOT take loans, I basically pay everything off in cash, so that I won't be in debt in the future. Every student understands my struggle, and I cannot afford to lose any money. So when the company refused to refund the full amount, it was extremely unfair to me. At the end I had no choice but to agree to a refund of half of what I purchased. She asked if I would agree to the amount and I asked if I had any other choice, I feel helpless and she continued with "Yes? Ok so that's a yea. Well 285 is your refund," and hung up.

The original amount I paid was 571.12 and the fact that I lost half and on top of that gotten so much attitude and disrespect was beyond unimaginable. I booked two flights under my name, I simply wanted to give one to my mother. Again a simple name change. I did not deserve what happened to me today. I will never again purchase anything from CheapTickets.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

July 27 - 5:03 pm (CT) I made a purchase for two round trip tickets MSP LAS. The confirmation page stated they would send me an email to solidify my purchase and reminded me there can be changes to the selected itinerary (ONLY ON ct.com behalf *I know. NOTE"* Confirmation page then said MSPLAS, LAS LAX (I thought that this must be an error). 5:11 PM- Received a "welcome" email mailer from CheapTickets (had nothing to do with said purchased itinerary). 5:16 PM Placed a call to CT.COM to notify them of the message I saw on the confirmation page. That I needed to be sure that this was not an error. She said it was in fact booked for MSP LAS and LASLAX. She told me to notify SPIRIT AIRLINES immediately.

5:18 PM - Received Travel confirmation (while on the line with CT.COM) Itin# **. It stated I would be flying out of LAX LAS and LAS LAX. Told her in a panic and she then connected me to SPIRIT. 5:19 ON PHONE WITH SPIRIT. They said they would fully reimburse me if we couldn't find comparable flights with their airline for the same price. They could not come up with any comparable flights and cancelled with a full refund. (THANKFUL!) 5:45 PM - Place a call back to CheapTickets.com (a.k.a. CT.COM) and was notified them I received a full refund on the flights and that I needed to now cancel my hotel due to inability to get flights to LAS from MSP (THESE ARE RECORDED LINES). I was told that the agent would need to reach out to a level two support agent in order to accommodate that. I was placed on hold for 17min then someone came on the line, they said that they would reach out to the hotel.

He wouldn't put me on a conference with the hotel's agent and had me on hold twice each at 15-20 min. He said he would have to open an investigation ticket and have a tier 2 manager call me back as the hotel could not issue a refund for the entire stay. 6:27 PM - My phone call with CheapTickets ended and I place a call to the Wynn Las Vegas to find out about their policy. They informed me that they have this happen with CheapTickets a lot. That customers complain that their pages refreshes during the booking process and flights and or dates get confused or processed wrong. They also informed me they don't own the reservation - CT.com does and they aren't even able to cancel the reservation because they aren't really my reservations until I check in and occupy the room - due to contracts with the company and its affiliates (i.e. Expedia and CheapTickets Formally Known As: Orbitz who was bought by Expedia).

6:47 PM - Received a phone call from the Tier 2 supervisor Chris ** who was none other than unresponsive and rude. He said that I needed to prove that the confirmation page went down. I told him I wasn't able to provide that but I could provide the emails I received. I didn't need Mr. ** to investigate the emails I received (that's the easy part). He was supposed to be investigating with IT if there was an issue with the system or if the booking server has errors. Mr. ** never performed such "investigation." He was merely making me feel as though I was under investigation. I explained that I was not alone during any of the booking process as my spouse and I made these reservations together. We were on the phone trying to rectify the situation together since the beginning of the process. ** didn't gather the right information and sent incorrect emails to me quoting things I did not say.

During the conversation I asked several times what the cost for the one night would be - that was never answered. I also asked if CT.com was able to find me a different flight - he never bothered looking. I never stated during my phone call that I don't want the full or partial refund. I wanted to know if it was worth canceling or if I should try and find another flight through a different carrier to get me to LAS from MSP and back. I would encourage you or your customer satisfaction department to listen to all the recordings regarding this booking.

It should also be noted that Mr. ** stated in his email he requested that I supply CT.com "The screenshots of your original booking from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, including the checkout page." It would be impossible for me to do this as my original booking page would no longer be available hours after the booking to place. Why would one screenshot unconfirmed bookings when they are told to watch their inbox for their confirmed tickets and that tickets are "subject to changes?"

Original review: July 25, 2017

Completely dissatisfied with service! Booked a round trip ticket and NEVER selected alternative dates (paid for cruise and dates are set). Why would I choose any dates other than what I need... Called to complain about this and they not only want to charge me almost an extra $300.00 for the correct dates or pay $75.00 cancellation fee!!! Terrible India customer service. They don't deserve to be in business... just a huge ball of FRAUD and SCAMS!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I did reservation for my kids and I realized that the name on the ticket don't Match the name on the the passport. I called CheapTickets to ask them to correct the name after calling Air France and they told me no problem but I need to call CheapTickets to re issue the ticket for me since I bought my ticket From them. I been on hold with multiple agents for 1 and 2 hours on hold and at the end they say the same thing they are not able to resolve it and they need 48 hours for the support team to resolve it. It's been 2 days now and no response even though Air France said it's ok for them to reissue the ticket for me with charge of fee but CheapTickets been really complicated and not helpful at all and all the agent that I spoken with have no access to resolve any problem. I'm very disappointed with cheaptickets.com. I would never purchase anything with them ever again

Original review: July 15, 2017

The most horrible experience I have ever had buying airline tickets. I had bought tickets through CheapTickets May of 2017 for a family vacation/wedding anniversary to Orlando Fl. I bought a package deal which included, ...hotel ...tickets & airfare. We were flying out of Westchester County July 14th. We had purchased an early flight, so we arrived at the airport 2 hours before. As we were in the check in line, we noticed 2 other airlines flying into Orlando. As we reached the ticket counter we were told our flight had been canceled. I could not understand why? The ticket counter person indicated that the plane had been overbooked! How is that possible? I bought my plane tickets 2 months ahead?

They offered to put my family on another flight at an airport 2 states away. He wrote on a piece of paper and handed it to us, and said "You bought a vacation package through those 3rd party websites, the airline does not guarantee you a seat." I could not believe what I was hearing! I paid $2300!!! for hotel and airfare! How could they not honor my purchase??? Completly distraught, and upset I paid a taxi a second time to drive us back home 45 minutes away. Upon arriving home, I immediately contacted CheapTickets for an explanation.

They offered to put us on a plane within 24 hours... Only to have them contact us 10 minutes after receiving a confirmation, to let us know that once again our flight had been canceled! I could not believe it! By now... the vacation was completely ruined! It's now Saturday July 15th and my wedding anniversary is tomorrow. The activities and party that was planned has now been canceled. Anyone reading this... Do not buy through this site. It's bs. They wont even offer a solution if you have a problem. I am contacting the better business bureau and my lawyer.

Original review: July 12, 2017

On July 7th I was trying to purchase an vacation and the system kept telling me my card was not authorized The next morning I get an notification from my bank stating what my balance is. They charged my card $2,564.08. WTF. How is it that you can charge me and your system states my card wasn't authorize. There is nothing showing I have a vacation so why would you charge me for one. After getting the runaround I had to wait til the charges posted with my bank and file a claim with my bank to get my money back since I couldn't get anything resolve with the company. You just can't take people hard earned money and think your gonna get away with it. They need to be reported. This has got to stop!!!

Original review: July 1, 2017

CheapTickets & Lufthansa are a scam and screwed me over and I am requesting a refund of the full cost ($970.97) of this itinerary. Was subjected to an INVOLUNTARY denied boarding by Lufthansa even though I arrived to the airport prior to check-in time. I notified CheapTickets prior to flight departure of this issue and they were not helpful in assisting. In fact, they told me to call Lufthansa. I called Lufthansa and they informed to call Swiss Airlines. Swiss Air told me to call CheapTickets. I ran around in circles trying to get on the next flight. Under airline regulations, I am entitled to a full refund for failure on their part to re-route me (I ended up booking a new flight on Turkish Airlines for $2,000 USD because my original carriers were completely unhelpful in getting me on a new flight).

It was clear that CheapTickets customer service is unfamiliar with their booking policy and that of the other airlines. I wasted so much time trying to deal with incompetent staff at CheapTickets and Lufthansa. I hope CheapTickets and Lufthansa will reply to my complaint for peaceful resolution. This was supposed to be a fun trip and I had been looking forward to it for months.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Tuesday 6/27. Tried to book a vacation package. The website kept crashing. Tried the next morning and got the discounted package deal and email to confirm. Then a few minutes later an email shows up from the night before with another confirmation... So this was duplicate and was a higher rate. Called CheapTickets customer service. I was on the phone from 6:15 am to after 2 pm. Spoke to 6 different people which 2 were supervisors. They charged my credit card 13 times... YES. 13 times! Then they switched my reservation # to display the higher package rate. Very shady! I have yet to get this resolved... on day 2!

Original review: June 26, 2017

We ordered tickets for an event two weeks ahead. The morning of the show I was called and told they had double sold the tickets and no longer had mine available. Buyer beware! Not much we can do about finding tickets on the day of the show.

Cheaptickets.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs