CheapTickets
1.16/5
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

CheapTickets

493 CheapTickets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets as a gift to see Les Mis in San Francisco 2 months before the event, event Aug 10. The site said I secured and purchased 2 seats on front row Mezzanine and the etickets would be available 4 days before the show. I waited till the Aug 6th, I checked my email and no tickets, I called CheapTickets.com. They said to contact the seller, I contacted the seller. The seller said the tickets would be available at the time of the show (8pm) of that day. I waited till 8pm. No tickets, I called, they were closed. I emailed them that same night. I called the next morning. I also, emailed cheaptickets.com to let them know what happened. I asked if it was a scam.

Anyhow, long story shorter I called and emailed every day till the day before the show and was told the tickets would be at Will Call. There were tickets but not the ones I purchased. They were back row orchestra. I was never contacted by anyone from cheaptickets.com or their seller to say the tickets were downgraded. I called them again. A cheap tickets agent actually hung up on me, saying they fulfilled their obligation, the party was able to see the show! *Full disclaimer* I did get a partial reimbursement (the price difference) from the seller, not CheapTickets. DO NOT BUY FROM CHEAPTICKETS! YOU DO NOT GET WHAT YOU SEE ON YOUR SCREEN! I will be reporting this to my credit card company, and I reported them to the SF box office. The box office blocked the IP address that purchased the tickets.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Bought from CheapTickets 3 tickets at a Zone A of Hobby Theater in Houston to see Love Never Dies on July 18th. Zone A Tickets are described as Center Orchestra any place, from row A-V, but Center Orchestra. I received 2 days before the event 3 tickets not Together, just the two of those, at Orchestra Left extreme left with partial view... I just realized that was the wrong tickets when I got there with my family. So Sad. After the Show I sent an Email for CheapTickets who told me that they are not responsible for that, they just intermediate the transaction... Ok... but the Tickets Box Office, the company who actually sold it to me do not answer my question through email, to give me a feedback about the wrong tickets. I do not speak English, I live in another country, and they want to difficult the situation. I will do not buy any more from CheapTickets, because they do not know their sellers! Too risk.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My family booked flight in April 2018. We had a medical emergency with a member of our party, the week of trip. I called and tried to reschedule. I got a hold of Mary (spoke broken English). I spend 2.5 hours trying to cancel/get credit for flight (for sick family). I sent medical documentation, and then was told to call airlines directly (airlines said to call CheapTickets). I called back next day and somehow got same lady (or lady who used same name). I spent another two hours, Mary said rebooking will take 10 min. I asked several times, “Is something wrong?” no after 48 minutes she said "no worries all taken care of" charged my credit card 380.72 for change of ticket that was 400 dollar less today. However change never came to our tickets (nor canceling or credit to family member), but charge to credit card did. Worst company I have had to deal with!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I booked online tickets on CheapTickets website from SFO to OGG and from OGG to SFO March 29,2018, the flight should have been July 21, 2018. How indicated on their website it was free cancellation if I decided to cancel my trip more than 24 hours before the flight. I had to cancel my trip because we are going to buy house and I need to stay in San Francisco for this time. I canceled my flight July 02, 2018. BUT as it turned out my tickets are nonrefundable and I will not get my money back. In that case what does it mean FREE Cancellation? I think that CheapTickets specially misleads customers to make profit with airlines. Be careful!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Service was better when CheapTickets was first established but now it seems as if they are marking up the prices. Found tickets to Germany on the website for my family for about 3000, then in the middle of typing in our names a message showed up "Oops, sorry for the inconvenience, it seems as if the ticket prices have gone up. We hate when this happens." So I would attempt again and then it continued to do so. The prices would go up almost 1500 bucks. I just logged into Expedia and got the tickets for even less without the price hikes in the middle of filling out your information. Furthermore, I booked a flight to Vegas, family member died and I bought the insurance... I only received a small portion of my money back but spend a lot of time on the phone attempting to do so. I will not be using their services anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: June 27, 2018

Bought some Cubs tickets which we were under the impression were actual seats, due to the narrow search display on Cheaptickets.com website. We paid nearly $60 a ticket to ensure we had seats trusting in the website's 150% Money Back Guarantee ad. Turns out Cheaptickets.com sold us Standing Room Only seats which could have been purchased directly from the Wrigley website for $28 a ticket. Spoke with several rude Cheaptickets.com customer service reps. who refused to offer a refund, despite their misleading website and charging us double the value of the tickets. In addition, their reps. confirmed that the 150% Money Back Guarantee listed on their website does not mean bunk and held their company policy over our heads to the consumer's detriment.

Cheaptickets.com offered a cheap answer to sell the tickets on Tickettocash.com, which obviously allows them a legal excuse to keep the profit from their shady business and put the screws to the consumer. Of course, Cheapticket.com falsely represented the sale as well by selling us non-sequential tickets, which made it impossible for us to sell our tickets at Tickettocash.com and we recouped nothing. We have 2 small children who we are not going to force to stand in the hot sun all afternoon. Buyers beware. Cheaptickets.com is a company full of misrepresentation, false advertising and consumer scandals. Stay away from Cheaptickets.com!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I booked a flight from CheapTickets from Singapore to Pakistan. The ticket price was $450++. I had an emergency this morning around 8 hrs before the flight. I tried contacting their emergency number which apparently no one picks up. I waited till 8 am for their office to open. When I called a lady told me she will call me within 1hr which she didn’t. I tried calling them again. After a wait of 25 mins the guy said, "Don’t call us. Call the airways itself." The airways told me the travel agency is responsible for the ticket change.

After I ended the call, the female officer I spoke at the start told me there’s no alternative days at all for the month of June and I will get refund of only $175. I called Thai Airways directly and they told me there was an available flight for 4th June and Thai Airways will call CheapTickets and inform them to provide me with that ticket. CheapTickets called me and they were like first I have to pay $175 for Thai Airways then $125 to CheapTickets then an additional of $860 for the ticket. The total amount was almost three times more than my actual ticket. Seriously don't even bother from booking there. They should be named cheap customer service.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Not only did they change the flight I wanted because "United is never late" without me asking they charged the card twice, then wouldn't refund for 5 days. After that all they would offer is to waive the $50 cancellation fee which we shouldn't have been charged since I didn't book 2 flights to begin with. The absolute worst website ever!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

CheapTickets did not provide any kind of service after having made a mistake in the dates. I contacted them within 24 hours but they did not react back. Another mail and then calling, still no reaction. After 4 days, I received a standard offer with a penalty of around €550,- per person. Of course called them back and said I reacted within 24 hours but then they hide behind vague rules. In the end I managed to change the ticket directly with the airline. So better to book directly with the airlines themself. Cheap ticket means cheap service!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I thought I am the only one who had this traumatizing experience but once I read the reviews I realized that people went through a lot worst. I had a worst customer service experience with them today, Lady named "Fatima" picked the called twice out of five calls I made today (not counting the ones which were disconnected after a long hold). She was rude and had no decency of at least listening to customers complain, instead an attitude was what I had to bear. I myself am in sales and I am trained to handle such calls but unfortunately this lady was way above the line. I don't complain on forums as I am in the same line but the experience I had today made me do it. Hope she gets help and training she needs to do her job right.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I recently had a loss in my fam. With tragic events, I had to cancel a reservation. These CheapTickets people have no sense of decency. Instead of being human and either refund or attempt to reschedule, they pretended to "look into" the situation just to tell me days later of their "policy." This "policy" aims to cheat the customer out of their funds REGARDLESS of how inherently unfair the terms by "requiring certified medical" proof before refunding a reservation canceled due to medical grounds. They ask the customer to violate HIPAA and other laws just to get their money back!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I recently had an itinerary with CheapTickets for an airlines ticket, a hotel, and a car rental to visit a very ill relative. Circumstances changed and treatment of my brother was postponed. I suspect many people make up stories to get refunds on their tickets. This was not the case in this review. I did not select the insurance to protect against change of itinerary. When I received the medical evaluation my itinerary had to change. I called up customer service at CheapTickets and spoke with a lady named Jerry (Geri?). I regret that I did not get her full name (March 28, 2017).

I was very emotional when I talked with this representative and she was very empathetic and didn't question my reason for having to cancel. Within five minutes I had a credit on my airline tickets and full refund for the hotel and car rental. I will be ever so grateful for the compassion that CheapTickets extended to a stranger and I will use them loyally from here to fore. Thank you CheapTickets for your consideration during this trying times for me.

Original review: March 20, 2018

A few days ago I was calling to book a WestJet flight, but unknowingly I was speaking to a Cheapfares employee. Immediately I noticed that the fellow who I was speaking to, was not very pleasant (like WestJet employees) and his English skills were poor. I told him I wanted to book a flight that I had quotes from a few hours earlier. He told me the fares had gone up since the afternoon ($369.00!). I asked why the huge difference and he said it goes up by the hour. I asked him if he was a WestJet employee and he said yes. I felt I was being pressured to book because of the “rapid “ increase in fare so reluctantly I paid on my visa. It was late in the evening so even though I read the first booking information that he sent, I did not read the actual reservation until a few days later. It was then that I was made aware that I had booked through Cheapfares! I went on to the WestJet site to check the current prices and they were still $369.00 less than I had been charged for my flights! I was totally misled by the Cheapfare employee.

My lesson is expensive but my warning to all is: MAKE SURE YOU ARE ACTUALLY DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE AIRLINE YOU ARE WANTING TO FLY WITH! You only have 4 hours after you book to get your money back so take the time to go over EVERYTHING! Cheap fares are scam artists, buyers beware! When I called them back to complain, the fellow I was speaking to gave me his name when I called, (also he had poor English skills and was hard to understand.) He was very rude and when I asked him his name at the end of the call he changed his name to “Fred” and he said he had no last name. Really, a sure sign that this is not a company you want to deal with. He took my contact information from me and said that he would get the person who took my information from me to call me back. I’m still waiting...

Original review: March 16, 2018

I really don't know where to start from because this has been my worst experience with travel agency. On 21st February 2018, my mum in the UK booked a ticket for me. She actually thought she was dealing with Qatar directly but unfortunately that was not the case. When she started receiving emails from cheaptickets.com she had included one of the names that's not in my passport but requested for some corrections to be done within the 24 hrs. CheapTickets did that but never reissued a ticket with the correct names.

I had to push and push till it was done. Now this is where the nightmare started, I missed my flight on the 5th of March. I went to Qatar Airlines and they told me they could not put me on the next flight since my ticket had issues and that I should go back to the travel agents. I did just that and instead of these agents helping they said they couldn't do anything. I had to request to speak to the Corporate Manager Didi, who really helped me after the supervisors and agents frustrated me. When I was now ready to pay for the difference in the price after the penalty of 440$ was taken out, another nightmare started, we paid for the difference and 48 hours down the line I've not been reissued with a new ticket after the exchange process was done.

When I called these supervisors, they kept giving me stories. The liars I spoke with was Jael, Bench and others. I became very upset and requested I speak to the manager, not that they informed me I still need to pay more even after I did the payments after being given figures by Bench. Didi picked my call and thank God she had a bit of my history. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have gotten my ticket till now. I'm grateful to Didi, the corporate manager. If it wasn't for her I would not be having my ticket. N/B: It wasn't sent to my email, it was just updated on the e-ticket section of the itinerary website. I'm so mad at this travel agency. It is the worst then when you speak to one person you won't be speaking to the same person. They keep changing. Too many contradictions yet they are of one agency. I advise people not to dare use this agency. it's been a very expensive affair on my side.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Make sure when you are booking with them to make screenshots of what it is you are actually booking. I have booked a vacation using one airline, and when I check the itinerary it turns out that I'm flying SPIRIT, which means extra $60 per bag each way that I was not planning to spend. After spending time over 1 hour altogether between the different levels of customer service - had to go through the gatekeeper, then move on to a supervisor than to an actual manager, the answer I got was "we do not change flights, you got what you chose" which is NOT the case. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she put me on hold, and after another 15 minutes of waiting on hold I was hung up on. I'm not going to waste any more of my time, however, they can be sure that I will tell ALL of my friends never to use their service. Very poor judgment on their part.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My flight through Frontier and American Airlines had a flight schedule change. As I call CheapTickets to tell them I can't do the flight change they told me I need to contact Frontier to cancel or change the time. At this point I had no idea I was also flying with American Airline. I told them I would call them but most likely will end up canceling. They asked me if I would like to confirm on the return flight which that time was a little more reasonable of a time change. They did not tell me that it was through American Airlines. Also, when I tell CheapTickets that I was probably going to cancel because the schedule did not work with mine they did not try to help me by saying maybe I should hold off on confirming the time heading home because once I confirm I cannot get my refund.

Once again I had no idea I was with American Airlines on the way back. I called Frontier and they had no problem to cancel and was going to refund me my money and that was when I realized that I was not getting my full refund back because I am not flying through Frontier on the way back. So, I contact CheapTickets again to let them know I need to cancel American Airlines also; as Frontier already refunded me. They said they cannot do a refund as I have already agreed to the change.

They should of giving me some kind of warning saying that once I accept there is no going back even if I cancel my first flight. They did not give me enough information about the schedule change policies as I would have never agreed to the change. If they knew I had a good possibility on canceling my flight to my destination why would they not warn me about the flight back? For the best customer service you would think that CheapTickets would of tried harder to help you in the best way possible. I have used CheapTickets for years and after this I will never book through them again.

Original review: March 4, 2018

We booked flights through CheapTickets for July 2017 and received an email that there was a significant flight change through American Airlines. That's fine--even expected this far out, so I call CheapTickets.com to adjust our travel plans. After 40 minutes on with Lezil trying to rebook us, it became evident she was considerably under- or untrained. She didn't know her airport codes and couldn't even read back the existing flight information without considerable errors. I gave her the new flight we wanted (I had a few options listed out). After 40 minutes, I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. There was no reason this should take this long.

After a 15+ minute wait for a supervisor, I was connected to Sheila who told me a) the supervisors are NOT co-located with the employees and b) that they have to copy over all of the information which takes a long time. I asked why I had to stay on the line and not simply get an email with the new information once they were done and was only told "the customer needs to remain on the line". I am writing this in real time and have been on the phone for 1 hour, 35 minutes at this point. I am still waiting for this to be completed.

At this point, I'd rather they cancel my reservations and give me a refund and I'll go directly to the airline and pay twice as much. Also, try to find someone to speak to at CheapTickets--they're owned by Trip Network, Inc. which is owned by Orbitz, which is now owned by Expedia--although Expedia doesn't show it as one of their brands. I asked Sheila if she's actually a CheapTickets employee or a contracted third party--she stated she was an employee. When I asked for an ETA from Sheila, I was told she couldn't give me one. I may spend half the day on the phone. Sheila has been working on this for over a 1/2 an hour so far and has not returned to the line. I generally stay away from these "bargain basement" sites, and evidently need to continue to do so.

Horribly undertrained staff, supervisors that are equally incompetent...and you're captive. You have given them hundreds, if not thousands of dollars... what choice do you have other than to walk away from that money? And call them back? Then you're starting back at 1 and have another extensive interaction wasting more of your time? I will never use CheapTickets again--and will encourage as many people as I know in my networks not to either. It's not worth the aggravation. Still no return by Sheila... and I'm at 1 hour and 45 minutes mainly on hold.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I purchased 2 round trip tickets and cancellation insurance for a wedding. Unfortunately the wedding was cancelled. I called Delta and thought they could help us. They were more than happy to give us a credit, then realized we purchased the tickets through cheap tickets. CheapTickets said our tickets were non-refundable, non-transferable, no credits. And we could not use the insurance that we were led to believe would help us in these cases. They were smug about it when I told them never again CheapTickets. Be careful and always go with airlines directly vs other websites.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Booked 2 tickets on 27 Jan. 2018 and cancelled it the same day. Full amount of the 2 tickets got booked from my account. After calling Customer Service, I got told, that the costs are non-refundable and it was stated on the confirmation E-mail. Then I got told, that I had to call to cancel the bookings which is on their website before the day was over. That's a ** tactic to spread and hide important information and make the website non-intuitive so people lose track of it. That was a very very very expensive price to pay for being allowed to click few buttons on CheapTickets.nl. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Bought flight protection from CheapTickets and when trying to cancel flights due to weather issues they gave the runaround and only offered to give the number of the airline to call them directly. They recommend to buy the flight protection yet it is useless and a ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I booked a flight with them earlier this year, had to cancel it but was told I'd get half my credit back. Just spent three hours on the phone with them last night because when I rebooked a ticket using the credit a couple of months ago, it apparently "didn't go through" due to a "technical error". I wasn't notified of any issue via email or phone (which they have both), and had booked a separate flight with a different airline that was connected to the rebooking. I only found out because I called to confirm itinerary details.

The third rep I talked to who put me on hold for almost an hour forgot to mute me and was laughing and talking to a coworker when she was supposedly "on the phone with their corporate office." They want me to put up more money for rebooking the ticket that they had already told me I had, for an error that was their fault. I'm absolutely appalled at the unprofessional treatment and experience, and will never book with them again (and will dissuade others). $1,000 down the drain!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Worst service!! Never and never will I ever book with this company!! We paid for a more expensive ticket with lesser total traveling time 6 months ago and 2 and half weeks prior to flight they changed the flight that made our total trip going to the Philippines to 35 hrs and when you call them and no absolute support from this company... You can call them and they will let you wait for 20-30 mins and will just later shut down!! Never!!! This company is incompetent!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Website errors out when you try to change or cancel an itinerary. Weeks later when trying to review an itinerary, that errors out as well. You have to call their support for anything and you will be waiting a long time.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I purchased NBA game tickets through this company for my son's grad present. I thankfully used PayPal so am hoping that PayPal will refund my money as this company refuses to have any responsibility for the fact that I never received them. We did a family road trip to Salt Lake City Utah from Alberta, Canada to watch the Toronto Raptors play against the Utah Jazz and right up until game day I had to constantly email and call this company and the other company that CheapTickets claims to have purchased the missing tickets from called TICKETFINDER.com. Both of these companies let me down huge and I ended up having to buy last minute tickets at the door for way more money! I will never use this company again and do not recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Our trip to St Thomas planned for February 2018 was cancelled due to the hotel and island being destroyed by Hurricane Irma. Our hotel was one of our timeshares and would not be available again until possibly April. This is a timeframe we cannot travel. We even purchased trip insurance through Aon. However, this was a natural disaster, so it would not refund the cost of the airline. Shame on me for not reading the policy although they certainly did not make it readily available. What made me angriest is they would not even cover the costs of changes or cancellations for our armed forces related to their duty. That alone would have stopped me! Beware and determine if a slightly lower fare is really worth the lack of professionalism and ethics!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Cheap tickets refused to honor $27 cancellation paid in full! - Do not use this bogus company. I spent 30 minutes on the phone and you have to PROVE THAT I HAD A HEART ATTACK to cancel the flight. They refused!!! I am still alive. They didn't believe me!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Booked a tickets to Costa Rica, then had conflict with my military job. Tried to schedule the flights to a later date then was told we could not get a credit back but could reschedule the flight at a cost back and forth $200 each way each person. So an extra $800.00. For ticket that were $1300 in total for two people. Telling us the airline was charging them for the change. In my experience I have never seen change fees like this. I would recommend never doing business with this company, as they are trying to transfer cost over to the consumer that are not necessary. Plus found the new tickets would be less than the original tickets for the new date. Horrible customer service and experience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I would never do business with them again, I purchased a ticket back in August. They billed my card 2 weeks later. They billed it again, so now I have a double charge on my card. I put in a dispute with AMEX, and they sent amex statements for both charges. I already told amex that the 2nd charge is for the same dates and amounts as the first, charge, 2 months later I'm still fighting to have that 2nd charge removed from my card.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

24 hour refund policy (Not fully refunded). I've booked a 2 flight tickets to Canada from Sri Lanka through CheapTickets. But my friend was sick so she decided not to travel. And within 3 hours after I booked the tickets, I canceled my friend's ticket. But they didn't refund the whole amount. There was a shortage of more than $60.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I tried booking an airline fare online, I entered all the required data, selected my desired flights and when I tried to book the flight I got an error message saying to try again later. This happened all day long so I then called to see what was wrong with the website. I got someone who was hard to understand and kept telling me to hold on for a second. After again giving all my information to this gentleman and choosing the flights I wanted, he got the same error message and still kept telling me to hang on one second.

This went on for over one hour after which he told me I would have to book a hotel room in order to get that price on the flights. I did not need a hotel as I have family there and would be staying with them. Anyway he told me that would be the only way to book the flight. I told him that this is nothing more than a scam to get people to spend more money. I went on CheapOair and was able to book the same flights without booking a hotel and for the same price as CheapTickets.com.

Not sure about CheapTickets?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Sites for you.

Cheaptickets.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Chicago
    IL
    www.cheaptickets.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business