2. Travel

CheapTickets

3.8/5 (267 ratings)

About CheapTickets

CheapTickets Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapTickets?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Here’s my simple, frustrating, and absolute disgusting experience with CheapTickets.com. I booked a car through CheapTickets, paid $178.47, and when I came to pickup the car I was told that Easirent doesn’t honour any of Expedia group, and I have to pay full rental price plus insurance if I want the car. After all I paid full price and picked up the car, my question is, what did CheapTickets charged me $178.47 for if I had to pay full price at the rentals office??? After 10 days of useless conversations I found CheapTickets being absolutely fraudulent site, people in customer service speak very poor English, and basically they look the way to steal your money. I do have receipt from Easirent, and proof of being charged by CheapTickets. Stay away from this absolute fraudulent site.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I will never use Cheap Tickets again! I booked a car through them and my flight changed and I had to cancel it (during Covid) NOPE. Took 400 dollars from me for a car I booked for 2 nights when my flight changed that I needed to cancel it but they wouldn’t let me. Several months later I see 270 dollars taken from my account and they have no idea why? They won’t give it back. They take money for no reason. If they have your account info good luck not getting money taken from you for no reason. HORRIBLE.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I purchased a ticket for a short flight from Athens to an island and tried to change my flight since I had to make a last minute cancellation. They informed me that they cannot help me. I have to call airline to change my flight. They gave me the number for the airline and they never pick up the phone. Then call Cheap Tickets back and tell them and they’re like, "I’m sorry can’t help." Terrible. Never again. 200$ down the drain cause no one can help.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I ordered tickets on this website for a Cincinnati Reds game and never received my tickets. I kept emailing them telling them I didn't get my tickets and they responded with automatic emails saying that I did. So I called their nonexistent customer service number repeatedly just to wait up to 2 hours and never get my call answered. I disputed my transaction with my card company who just notified me that this company told them I received what I paid for. A scam from a fake company. Don't give them your money!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I purchased a ticket through CheapTickets for my girlfriend to fly from Kazakhstan to the US. About a week before the flight, my girlfriend found out a friend flying to the US had been stopped in Germany and not allowed to proceed due to the Covid restriction of no passengers going through Germany, who were not citizens, are allowed to travel to the US. Kazakhstan is not a barred country and we had no idea this would happen. No one informed me when I bought the ticket, that there would be restrictions. I then tried to file a claim with the flight insurance I bought on their website. They told me this would not be covered under their policy. What is the insurance for?? These people are incompetent and do not care about their customers returning. I will never use either company again.

Original review: May 13, 2021

We purchased a more than $1000 ticket two years ago, paying so that we could change, alter or get a refund if necessary. We are still awaiting our money 2 years later. Last March 2020 after numerous calls, during which we would be often on and off hold for up to 2 1/2 hours, we were told that we would get the refund within “three weeks”. When that didn’t happen we called again by mid or late April and were told “it’s coming within the next two weeks”.

We have been lied to dozens and dozens of times by this dirty company. From their website to their automated call system, all of it is designed to not only not provide customer service, but to actually go to lengths to harm and intentionally waste additional time, rather than ever even beginning to actually attempt to address their customers valid issues. And again, this is Expedia Group: Exact same websites, same lame call system - AND THE SAME DIRTY, CRIMINAL CONDUCT INVOLVING FRAUD AND BOLD-FACED THIEVERY!

Original review: March 10, 2021

CheapTickets states that they will apply credits to others' flights. But this is a lie. They are currently stating that flights available are greater that the websites advertise. This allows Cheap Tickets to charge more than the credit amount. This company is a scam. Do not expect Cheap Tickets to apply a refund if a refund is due.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Same problems as others. For a month we are phoning and waiting when we can use an 5000 USD Corona Voucher of the flight company from March 2020. Still CheapTickets is not able to contact the flight company (Avianca) how to use it for a new booking. In my opinion the company is too big, every time there is a new other employee listening to your story again and promising he will check it. Sometimes I think I am connected via India, where the help even speaks worse English than I do. Now I am really missing a physical company with an building and address with people who really help instead of this www company. My wife told me from the start, "Make the booking directly at the flight company without an intermediary," and I regret I did not listen.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

This is not a business, but a bunch of criminals. Because of COVID (therefore not my fault) my flight was cancelled, British Airways returned my money without any issue, CheapTickets instead refused to return the $65 fee. I hope they go out of business ASAP; a company speculating on this pandemia does not deserve to be on the market.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Our flights to Scotland and Ireland were canceled by the airlines in April 2020 due to COVID. We did NOT cancel these flights. I was unable to obtain a refund for all but one flight. After getting a confirmation email stating that we'd be refunded in 6 to 10 days, 30 days passed and no refund. I called CheapTickets (they're who we put our trust and money into). I was literally told; "We show the money has been refunded, but we can't determine when the airlines will refund you, so just wait until that happens". Uhm, I think not! You don't tell your customers to just wait and that's all the info you can give them. People are entrusting this company with their money! That is utterly unacceptable and I said as much.

This is over $4,000 dollars were speaking about in total. Granted, I was only able to get a whopping $306.00 back, that is MY money. I did NOT donate it to the airlines, nor Cheaptickets. The main blame belongs to these crooked airlines, Cheaptickets was really just telling me there's no help they can give me. SERIOUSLY?! WHAT ARE YOU GOOD FOR? I've used them in the past, but I will never again. Utter mishandling of this situation. Disgusted.

Cheaptickets.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

CheapTickets Company Information