CheapTickets
1.10/5

Looking for a travel site?

CheapTickets

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

507 CheapTickets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I bought two tickets for my wife and daughter to travel back from overseas. My daughter got a fever and I paid the fees to change the tickets to two days later (Christmas day actually). CheapTickets sent me an email saying everything was all set and no need to call. The email outlined the changes and the fees. Then about 30 hrs before the new flight they email me saying the airline cancelled the flight. So I called them and the airline itself. The flight was not cancelled. CheapTickets put two people on one reservation so the airline cancelled the reservation.

I call CheapTickets and the first supervisor I escalated the call with said it was my fault I didnt call them to change the ticket. After about 8 phone calls and being on hold for hours (one call I was on hold for 2.5hrs upon their insistence) they were unable to fix the reservation. My wife had to buy a new ticket at the counter and they paid us back later. It was a simple order entry type error and nobody wanted to fix it or help me get my family home FOR CHRISTMAS. Amazing.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I bought a ticket and canceled the same ticket within an hour, due to unforeseen circumstances. I then bought another ticket the next day that I was able to utilize. After I canceled the first ticket online I received an email that said I would get a full refund for the first ticket purchased. I waited about a month for the refund. Finally, I called the company and then they told me that I shouldn’t receive any refund and the only reason I was going to receive a refund was the email I had as proof. Had I not had the email they would not have refunded me my money. Also they didn’t give me a full refund, they shorted me $8 but after an hour on the phone I was willing to let the $8 go. Do not use this dishonest company! They hope you forget about your refunds so that they can line their pockets with money! Immoral company!!!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Purchased 4 tickets that were deemed invalid at entry. We were told tickets were sold on multiple sites. Contacted CheapTickets and they required a letter on venue letterhead, which I had in one afternoon. Now, two weeks later & still no resolution from CheapTickets. How long does it take to for management to review my claim, when the venue had information in a matter of minutes?? Never use CheapTickets again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Do not purchase an airline ticket from this company. They will sell you a ticket and after purchasing will tell you that you cannot choose your seat, check a bag, etc. This is something you should disclose BEFORE a customer purchases a ticket. Also - they charged a $25.00 fee to my credit card outside of the amount I agreed to pay on the checkout page. When I called them they said that is a standard fee. I asked them why it wasn't listed and charged with the total amount due for the ticket and wow they couldn't even give me a proper explanation for why they did this. I also opted in for travel insurance and when I contacted them about it they said it doesn't guarantee a refund but allows me to make a claim. Are you serious?! Their customer service is seriously lacking. They were rude. The girl said she didn't want to help me and she didn't care I was dissatisfied. Do not use this company. They are scammers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Don’t waste your time! They don’t have what they offer. It’s a lie. They oversell tickets then who pays more get it. They cancel your ticket for no reason without notifying you days after your purchase!!! Terrible service, not trustful company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Did not disclose all the details About a suite choice. I.e. a balcony guarantee does not mean you will a balcony. You may get a cave or cove as they call it. Lesson learned. Back to Royal Carib. I go. Carnival does not seem worth it to me. Not looking forward to my trip at all anymore. Feeling like a fool actually. My advise. Go directly through the cruise line and choose a different cruise line.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

DO NOT BOOK A FLIGHT THROUGH THIS AGENCY!! They only care about their bottom line. I bought a ticket through them that I could not even use. Needless it is to say that they never offered alternative or a solution. I got on the phone with manager and she was more interested in passing the responsibility onto me than to offer an alternative. Their tickets apparently are non-refundable and the insurance they offer through a third party is useless.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I made airline reservations for my family to travel for our 30th wedding anniversary. My grown son was taking his vacation with us. When 4 instead of 3 of us showed up on the reservation on the airlines website they told me I had to contact CHEAP TICKETS to correct it. The Filipino man didn’t understand. I was only trying to eliminate the 4th extra reservation and canceled the entire reservation! My attempt at an escalation was thwarted because they only look to see if you agreed to have the reservation deleted not just the extra 4th individual reservation deleted. Our whole anniversary was ruined and will cost us dearly. I asked for a transcript of the phone call, they require a subpoena to release a transcript. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! You’ve been warned!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Deceiving when selling tickets. Don't tell you that even in family emergency you lose everything. Can't reschedule, refund, voucher, nothing. You get charged for carry on at airport. Most tickets you're buying are standby and you don't know that. Husband's 92 year old mother sick and we booked ticket. Was called and he needed to go immediately. They said would cost 200 dollars more. This was 150 over getting a whole new ticket. We tried to get help. Airline finally helped us. They lie and rip you off. Very rude.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I checked and rechecked the reservation dates on my reservation form and they changed to useless dates when I hit confirm. Right above where it declares how non refundable it is. It could have said click and lose your money. The worst. Don't use them.

Cheaptickets.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs