CheapTickets
1.13/5
Based on 355 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a travel site?

CheapTickets

497 CheapTickets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I checked and rechecked the reservation dates on my reservation form and they changed to useless dates when I hit confirm. Right above where it declares how non refundable it is. It could have said click and lose your money. The worst. Don't use them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I paid $900 for concert tickets and the day after they were supposed to be delivered, I received a call asking me if I was interested in an upgrade. I was familiar with the venue, so when they told me the ticket in the original row I'd paid for was being replaced with a closer row, I asked about the seats. It wasn't an upgrade. They said "99 percent" of people would be happy with a closer row, however I explained that I'd been to the venue and this was not an upgrade. They said they'd try to get the original ticket, which was an aisle seat in a row I'd chosen so that I could stand and dance. They didn't. For $900, I'd expect better. They said this is part of the "agreement". I would not recommend using this organization. In the first place, the tickets are not cheap. I've paid this much for tickets with other organizations (StubHub, Vivid Seats) and was always thoroughly satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Today is my first time for the public review and first experience with the CheapTickets. Let me give you a friendly advice. RUN, RUN, RUN from this website as fast as you can, the worst experience I ever had to purchase an airline tickets.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Two of my coworkers and myself purchased a vacation package from cheaptickets.com in July for a trip to Biloxi Mississippi. The trip was paid in full. The trip was to include flight, hotel, and car rental. We received the confirmation email after purchasing the trip which took place on August 23rd. We flew in from O'Hare to New Orleans. Was supposed to pick up the car rental and drive to Biloxi. When we went to the Thrifty Car Rental (paid in full) they informed us that even though we paid for the car in the package deal, we needed to do a credit check and was told that we didn't pass the credit check and we needed to have a major credit card to get the car! The only solution that was offered was to use our debit card and a hold of $350 was to be held.

So we called cheaptickets.com and they had us on hold for an hour. Once they did answer they stated they couldn't help us. We asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for another hour before being disconnected. We ended up going to Enterprise Rental and had to pay for another rental. Our hotel room was in Biloxi which is an hour and a half drive away. I will never use CheapTickets ever, nor recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets as a gift to see Les Mis in San Francisco 2 months before the event, event Aug 10. The site said I secured and purchased 2 seats on front row Mezzanine and the etickets would be available 4 days before the show. I waited till the Aug 6th, I checked my email and no tickets, I called CheapTickets.com. They said to contact the seller, I contacted the seller. The seller said the tickets would be available at the time of the show (8pm) of that day. I waited till 8pm. No tickets, I called, they were closed. I emailed them that same night. I called the next morning. I also, emailed cheaptickets.com to let them know what happened. I asked if it was a scam.

Anyhow, long story shorter I called and emailed every day till the day before the show and was told the tickets would be at Will Call. There were tickets but not the ones I purchased. They were back row orchestra. I was never contacted by anyone from cheaptickets.com or their seller to say the tickets were downgraded. I called them again. A cheap tickets agent actually hung up on me, saying they fulfilled their obligation, the party was able to see the show! *Full disclaimer* I did get a partial reimbursement (the price difference) from the seller, not CheapTickets. DO NOT BUY FROM CHEAPTICKETS! YOU DO NOT GET WHAT YOU SEE ON YOUR SCREEN! I will be reporting this to my credit card company, and I reported them to the SF box office. The box office blocked the IP address that purchased the tickets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Bought from CheapTickets 3 tickets at a Zone A of Hobby Theater in Houston to see Love Never Dies on July 18th. Zone A Tickets are described as Center Orchestra any place, from row A-V, but Center Orchestra. I received 2 days before the event 3 tickets not Together, just the two of those, at Orchestra Left extreme left with partial view... I just realized that was the wrong tickets when I got there with my family. So Sad. After the Show I sent an Email for CheapTickets who told me that they are not responsible for that, they just intermediate the transaction... Ok... but the Tickets Box Office, the company who actually sold it to me do not answer my question through email, to give me a feedback about the wrong tickets. I do not speak English, I live in another country, and they want to difficult the situation. I will do not buy any more from CheapTickets, because they do not know their sellers! Too risk.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My family booked flight in April 2018. We had a medical emergency with a member of our party, the week of trip. I called and tried to reschedule. I got a hold of Mary (spoke broken English). I spend 2.5 hours trying to cancel/get credit for flight (for sick family). I sent medical documentation, and then was told to call airlines directly (airlines said to call CheapTickets). I called back next day and somehow got same lady (or lady who used same name). I spent another two hours, Mary said rebooking will take 10 min. I asked several times, “Is something wrong?” no after 48 minutes she said "no worries all taken care of" charged my credit card 380.72 for change of ticket that was 400 dollar less today. However change never came to our tickets (nor canceling or credit to family member), but charge to credit card did. Worst company I have had to deal with!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I booked online tickets on CheapTickets website from SFO to OGG and from OGG to SFO March 29,2018, the flight should have been July 21, 2018. How indicated on their website it was free cancellation if I decided to cancel my trip more than 24 hours before the flight. I had to cancel my trip because we are going to buy house and I need to stay in San Francisco for this time. I canceled my flight July 02, 2018. BUT as it turned out my tickets are nonrefundable and I will not get my money back. In that case what does it mean FREE Cancellation? I think that CheapTickets specially misleads customers to make profit with airlines. Be careful!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Service was better when CheapTickets was first established but now it seems as if they are marking up the prices. Found tickets to Germany on the website for my family for about 3000, then in the middle of typing in our names a message showed up "Oops, sorry for the inconvenience, it seems as if the ticket prices have gone up. We hate when this happens." So I would attempt again and then it continued to do so. The prices would go up almost 1500 bucks. I just logged into Expedia and got the tickets for even less without the price hikes in the middle of filling out your information. Furthermore, I booked a flight to Vegas, family member died and I bought the insurance... I only received a small portion of my money back but spend a lot of time on the phone attempting to do so. I will not be using their services anymore.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Bought some Cubs tickets which we were under the impression were actual seats, due to the narrow search display on Cheaptickets.com website. We paid nearly $60 a ticket to ensure we had seats trusting in the website's 150% Money Back Guarantee ad. Turns out Cheaptickets.com sold us Standing Room Only seats which could have been purchased directly from the Wrigley website for $28 a ticket. Spoke with several rude Cheaptickets.com customer service reps. who refused to offer a refund, despite their misleading website and charging us double the value of the tickets. In addition, their reps. confirmed that the 150% Money Back Guarantee listed on their website does not mean bunk and held their company policy over our heads to the consumer's detriment.

Cheaptickets.com offered a cheap answer to sell the tickets on Tickettocash.com, which obviously allows them a legal excuse to keep the profit from their shady business and put the screws to the consumer. Of course, Cheapticket.com falsely represented the sale as well by selling us non-sequential tickets, which made it impossible for us to sell our tickets at Tickettocash.com and we recouped nothing. We have 2 small children who we are not going to force to stand in the hot sun all afternoon. Buyers beware. Cheaptickets.com is a company full of misrepresentation, false advertising and consumer scandals. Stay away from Cheaptickets.com!

Cheaptickets.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapTickets is an online travel company owned by Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Its focus is helping leisure travelers find rental cars, cruises, accommodations and airline tickets.

• Event tickets: Travelers can use the website to purchase tickets to events in their destination cities.

• Mobile app: Mobile users get access to exclusive hotel deals and car rental discounts.

• Deals: CheapTickets uses discount codes so travelers can get extra discounts.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages offer additional discounts to travelers who bundle services.

• Vacation planning: The Scratchpad feature helps travelers plan the services they will need.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs