2. Travel

CheapTickets

3.7/5 (268 ratings)

About CheapTickets

CheapTickets Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapTickets?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheaptickets.com?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

My airline flight to Aruba was cancelled due to COVID back in March 2020 ($2,400), the airlines (United) reimbursed Cheaptickets on June 9, 2020- I sent them proof from the airlines website. To this day January 25, 2021 they are saying they did not get the refund and therefore they are not giving me my refund. ALL flights were cancelled due to COVID, my purchase was with them not the airlines, I did try to call the United Airlines and advise them they they are saying they did not get the refund and was advised that they can't help me because cheap tickets has to call them. Not once did cheap tickets indicate that they are going to call them... even with the proof from the UNITED site showing that they sent a check to cheaptickets on June 9, 2020. WHY DON'T THEY CALL THE AIRLINE- because they don't want to reimburse....

This is the email that I keep getting from them as recent as today: "Though it should not be topic for discussion now as we would be happy to process your full refund from our end after we get the refund of your tickets from the airline. June 8th, 2020 is the date that shows airline processed the check refund but as we informed you multiple times that we have not received it yet. Regards, Cheap TIckets 1800-547-0086" Do not purchase your tickets from them - if something happen they do not refund... They did not even offer me a credit towards another trip...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I bought a domestic flight which would not cost me not more than 250 dollars. I tried Cheap Tickets and when I saw the statement they charged me over 2k. I called the customer service which they have policy of no fee cancellation if less than 14 hours. I did and the customer service said it would refund in 1-3 days. The money has not refunded and I called again and was told me to deal with airline company. After argumentation that I bought through cheap tickets, I was told that would be refunded in 8 business days. Making the story short. I got overdraft fee in my account and still waiting for my refund.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Do not use Cheaptickets to book a flight. They don't have up-to-date airline scheduled flights, site crashed; ultimately days later reversed the destination of a flight because the original flight departure time and day did not exist. They charged my credit card and refused to refund the price of the erroneously scheduled flight. Go directly through the airline you will be flying on.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Cheap Tickets charged me twice and then told me I had to wait 7 days for a refund and overdrew my account which cost me an overdraft fee. All They could tell me is, "sorry for the inconvenience." I would not use the site or Expedia ever again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Purchased tickets one year ago. Had to cancel trip due to health condition. I was told I had one year to rebook tickets and not lose my money. Tried calling almost every day. Either I get put on hold for hours or I get hung up on. Seems to be doing this on purpose so I can’t rebook my flight. This went on for weeks until my deadline to rebook passed and I lost my $1300. This is the worst company ever!!!!

Original review: June 18, 2020

I purchased a flight on June 14th, I cancelled said flight within 1 hour of booking it. Called and spoke to someone who stated my refund would be credited within 72 hours. All of a sudden today 6/18 they are stating I never cancelled the flight and they randomly cancelled it themselves and will now only give me a credit to their website. Been on hold for over 2 hours, and get nothing but how they didn't do anything wrong and I am wrong. As the customer, and during a world wide pandemic I would think they would have a bit more customer service. I will NEVER use their service again, and honestly if I could rate them a negative star I would. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Goodness, this is a rather long and unnecessary story, but I’ll paraphrase: Initially, I booked a flight to Morocco. Like many of us, I had to cancel my trip due to the COVID pandemic. The policies of Cheaptickets regarding cancellations is ridiculous. It took 3 weeks before I got an email and moreover, when I called to confirm, it WASN’T CANCELLED! Once my cancelled flight was confirmed, I received my flight credit to use towards another flight. I read on their website that I had to call to use my credit? WHY???? If customers have a credit to use, why can’t we use it as quick as a click of a few buttons on the website? It saves both the company and consumer the stress of calling, and prevent HIGH call volume! To use my credit towards another flight, it took 3 phone calls all in which took an hour or more, to use my credit.

Shoot. I am still on the phone with them NOW as I am typing this review trying to get the matter resolved. What I find amazing is that there are no hoops to jump when Cheaptickets wants to take your money, but there all kinds of hoops to jump to either get your money back or to EVEN USE IT TOWARDS ANOTHER FLIGHT. Lesson learned. From now on, I will be booking directly through the airlines because this company makes it harder on the customer not to mention the representatives that have to be on the line with us. The reps should not have to go through what they go through to resolve issues that can be as easy as a click of a damn button. This experience was a total nightmare and I will be spreading the word on the dangers of using Cheaptickets.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I booked a business class ticket with CheapTickets with British Airways as the primary carrier. On the day before the flight was supposed to depart I checked both cheap tickets and British airways websites and they both said my flight was cancelled. I contacted cheap tickets website on the 12th and was told they could not contact British Airways. The person I talked to said they were going to refer my case to a contractor and I would receive a reply within 48 hours. On the 15th I decided to call again and explained that I had called on the twelfth and did not receive a call back as I was promised. I was placed on hold five separate times and the final person told me I would need to wait an additional 6 days! The excuse I was given was COVID 19. This is just an excuse! IT does not take 10 days to process a refund!

Original review: April 2, 2020

Unbeknownst to me, when I sought to book a flight on Jet Blue to Florida, Cheaptickets commandeered my attempt. It popped up, and I believed it was a legitimate way to book a flight. Boy was I wrong! It was a nightmare. As soon as I booked my flight, I was NEVER able to contact this company again. Furthermore, it convinced me to book insurance with Travel Guard, another scam operation. It led me to believe that I could get insurance if I cancel or change my flight. all lies!!! It was impossible to contact these companies to cancel our flights. Most egregious, they do not honor senior citizens during the corona pandemic. They took my money and ran. It took me 15 hours to contact a cancellation of my flight on March 8-9, but I was told there is no compensation or even a waiver of my flight to another date. Stay away!!!

Original review: March 14, 2020

Virus causing rescheduling. Two means of contact

- phone.. totally non-responsive.

- website..

Tried the phone yesterday but quit after waiting 90 minutes. Today again, no clear way to contact. Used their booking chat option (arduously uncovered) but it circled me back to beginning. Eventually found a comments window & submitted comment on THEIR form. Their response was they cannot respond to requests on THEIR form!!. Major airline booking changes must be made through CheapTickets. There's therefore no apparent recourse or available customer service. Not worth the risk, this one ticket's $ loss would cover airlines direct purchase premiums for the next 2-3 years..Never to be used again.

CheapTickets Company Information