2. Travel

BuyATimeShare.com

Merrimack, NH

BuyATimeShare.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

BuyaTimeshare.com is an internet advertising company for timeshare owners who seek to sell or rent their timeshare. The company has been in business since 2000 and has been ranked twice in Inc. Magazine’s prestigious Inc. 5000 List as one of the fastest-growing, privately held companies in the country. BuyaTimeshare.com was also listed as one of BusinessNH Magazine’s Top 10 Companies to Watch. The company is a member in good standing of the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), the Canadian Vacation Ownership Association (CVOA), and the Mexico Resort Development Association AMDETUR. We are the only company in our sector to be accepted into membership of all three associations. For more information, please call us at 800-640-6886 or visit our website today!

BuyATimeShare.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BuyATimeShare.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BuyaTimeshare.com?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I paid them $350 OVER a year ago and I've lowered the price on my property 5 times already. I won't even make a dime out of this deal. They are a waste of time. Please people do not use them. Stay away. They are a bunch of crooks. Just read the reviews. They just take your money!!!

BuyATimeShare.com response

Richard - we are concerned that you feel this way about our company but there are many factors that contribute to an offer being placed on a timeshare, such as the week owned, resort and location. Without your specific information, we are unable to research your account so we ask that you call us on 800-640-6886. We can assure you that, having been in business for the past 18 years and a Trustee Member of the American Resort Development Association, we are not the "crooks" that you allege.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Wish I didn’t have to give a star but Just like everyone else I paid over $1200 and haven’t received one offer. I keep lowering it just like everyone else and nothing... There’s only six TimeShare at the location that I have mine, it’s located at a vacation destination so to not get one person make an offer sounds like a fraud to me!! But when I called upset they told me if I found someone else to sell it for me they’ll give me my money back. That’s what I hired them for! Feel ripped off.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Paid 1200 and were told they were the #1 site for selling and it would sell fast. I keep lowering the price and not one offer in the 9 months since listed, I have a feeling I will keep lowering until I give it away making my loss the initial full cost of the timeshare plus the 1200 I threw in the hole. Not feeling good about this.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Wyatt - Because I do not have access to your information beyond your first name, I am unable to look into your account to see if there are additional ways we can help. Please provide your email address or feel free to reach out to me at s.luba@buyatimeshare.com so we can look into your account and see if there are additional ways we can help you sell your timeshare. Best regards, Steve Luba, Chief Communications Officer, BuyaTimeshare.com.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Several years ago I signed up with BuyaTimeShare.com to sell my time share. I spent over $600 to post it. During the years, I reduced the price several times till I'm currently at $1. Yes just $1. I finally received an offer in April of 2017. I accepted the offer. I got a call from BuyaTimeShare saying they will handle everything. I have never heard from them again. Many times I called only to get disconnected. The one time I did reach someone, they put me into voice mail. Leaving my number and name, I still have not heard from anyone. I found the person that made the offer on the BuyaTimeShare.com website. I also left a message with them. It's now almost September of 2017 and have not got one phone call from either. STAY AWAY from this business. Just a waste of money!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I was contacted by a company purporting to be "the largest re-seller of timeshares in the Nation." They called constantly and I talked to the lady about the three (3) timeshare I owned outright in Orlando. Because they were for the week including the 4th of July, I have traded them very successfully for many years. However, I am now in my 70's and living on a retirement income, not anywhere near what I made earlier in life. I told her I would gladly "give them away to rid myself of them." She responded that they sell literally hundreds of timeshares each week and would get me solid offers in a very short time. I paid them $1,200 to list these timeshares in October 2014. I received one short-notice offer to rent one of them about 6 months later, but I had already deposited it in RCI long before then and I didn't want to rent them anyway.

It has been nearly 2 years and I have not heard another word from anyone at Buyatimeshare.com, nor have I received any offers or other inquiries at all. I have finally realized that this is just another scam and that I am their victim. I imagine there are many others. I've read the comments on this site, many of which are sickeningly positive about this company, making me think that this company has its employees registering and filing these false reports to overwhelm the system with positive messages to offset the many negative reports hidden within the hundreds of reports herein.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Dear Mr. Skehan - we are very concerned about the specifics regarding your comments and please rest assured that we intend to investigate this matter. We apologize for any issues which may have arisen as a result of your conversation with our representative. However, in the time your ads have been live on our website, there have been 305 specific, individual views of your ads by potential buyers looking for your timeshares. Also, please understand that all consumers commenting on our page are independently vetted by Consumer Affairs as legitimate owners who have used our services. If you have any questions, we ask that you contact our Customer Service team at the number on this page.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My husband looked online and found BuyATimeshare and we used it to sell a property. The property is already sold but it took two years. Every time we called Jason, the advertising executive, he answered our questions. He was very helpful, professional, friendly, and created an ad in a timely manner. Anytime there was an offer, even if it was a low offer, he would let us know and we would discuss it with him. We had a good relationship with him and we're very satisfied. Overall, it was a good experience and was handled professionally.

Original review: April 21, 2016

BuyATimeShare was the first advertising company I found. Without their advertising, I wouldn't have found a buyer for my property. They were fairly helpful, and the whole process happened quickly and seamlessly. It was the best experience I could have expected.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I looked online for timeshare companies to sell my property and BuyATimeshare was the first one that popped up on the screen. Their team showed friendliness and professionalism towards me. My property sold fairly quickly.

Original review: April 17, 2016

BuyATimeshare was very helpful when I sold my property. It was a little bit time consuming, but it wound up working out where I no longer had the property under my name. BuyATimeshare worked out for me.

Original review: April 15, 2016

I started speaking with BuyATimeshare once I finally figured out that they were a legitimate company. I used them to sell a property and when they contacted me, they already had a buyer interested. So dealing with them helped. They were professional and friendly. It was a good experience.

BuyATimeShare.com Company Information