3.56/5

556 Best Western Hotels Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had a reservation for a weekend while the Tulip Festival was going on. My son is getting married that weekend, and the minister was coming from out of town. We reserved the room for her - we live in town. The minister cancelled four days before the wedding, so I tried to cancel the reservation for a day that should have been very easy for them to fill. They stated that they were very strict on their no cancellation policy, so I asked for it to be commuted to a credit for use at a future date. They refused, telling me that if I couldn't use the reservation, I was out the $217.00.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I live in out-state Minnesota. Some times I work in the Minneapolis area three hour drive away. April 12th 2018 I checked into Best Western Eden Prairie Inn with reservations for two nights. The room appeared to be clean and in good order. I personally have a problem with the tiny pillows they supply but I was able to get some sleep. The morning of the 13th I proceeded to take a shower the fiberglass tub/shower. It had no rubber mat in the nor anywhere to be found. Sure enough when attempting to get out I slipped and hit my head on the wall and tub. While leaving that morning I informed the front desk.

Later that day a snow storm was entered the city so I decided to leave town early, checked out at 5:00. Got a receipt with one night charge on it. A few days later I see in my bank account they charged me for two nights. I called them and listens to their "hotel excepted policy" line about checking out after 4:00 pm so I asked them to send me a receipt. They said it would be emailed in 2 seconds, never showed up. Called them back, he said he sent it four times, I said, "Why did you send it four times", he said to make sure I would get it? All this is very fuzzy. I will never stay at BW again.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I booked two hotel rooms at the Best Western at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas on October 6th 2018 but for some reason on the booking form the date was changed to May 1st. I called the hotel twice to ask for a correction to be made and offered to pay for any difference but the manager would do nothing to help me.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My stay here was on March 7th 2018. This was a really good one cause we stayed only for a few hours. We checked in late but that's good. Then on the 12th we went and checked in late again. This was at 1 am. Now I'd think with a fully booked hotel I need my rest and get going the next morning. But now 1 am going into the room there was used silverware on the table and lights on. Just walking in I felt is don't feel right. We called front desk. The woman there was awesome. She came took it out and we agreed that would be it but, that was just the beginning.

I sat on the chair cause I felt uncomfortable. I said to my bf, "Ok I have to look at the bed." So I did and just took the sheets off and the pillow fell over with hair all over it. Then the sheet's a mess. I called the woman again and complain. Now there wasn't any more rooms at that time. So she changed the sheets. I could not thank this woman enough to make us feel comfortable. I know it's not her fault and Best Western seem to be underpaying their staff in order to have these issues. But back to it now. So clean sheets, now going in the bathroom to use the toilet there was splash all around it. Then called her again.

I can't think I am in this dirty room and all that. Come to find out it's a handicap room. Then there was someone in the room who they thought were in the room for two days. So they never cleaned it. Just fixed it. Then we try and work on it. I try to see it in a positive way. Then going back giving them another chance. This was the. 18th. Walk into the room. It was cold. I said, "I can deal with this." I just didn't want to complain again.

Now this tops it all. Going into the bed we found blood spots stained on the sheets!!! This was it. I went off on them and could not hold back. And there was nails on the floor and breadcrumbs. So the outcome to it all... we got back the money for the 12th after calling them for two weeks, and the 18th we got another room. But for this all I will never go there again. If need be I'd stay in my car than going back to this place. They need better management and cleaning crew. And better pay for these people. That's the only way I think the workers will do their job cause they all complain about it.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Roanoke Rapid, NC location was easy to get to from 95 N or S. We have stayed at this location about 6 times. The hallways can be noisy at times and the toilets are low. They are elementary height. But the free breakfasts are pretty good, about what you could expect at 2.5 rated hotel. The staff both front desk and housekeeping have been very good as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: March 27, 2018

Oak Meadow Inn in St. Helens, Oregon - I had stayed at this motel a few years back for a week and was very happy with it so when I had to be in St. Helens again on business I booked a week at the motel. My second stay there was a disaster. The motel was doing renovations so there were cable and lights in the hallways day and night. The water was only lukewarm and three different times this was brought to the attention of the front desk with no lasting results. The breakfast bar was shut down on 2 different days due to an electrical problem with the hot bar. The hot tub was non-functional and this was a true disappointment as I booked this primarily because of the heated pool and spa. A very negative experience and I would not recommend this motel.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Best Western in Amarillo, TX, Santa Fe was the worst experience in a hotel. My husband and I arrived late evening. Sink was stopped up. In the morning toilet was stopped up. Employee at registration desk said, “No other available rooms.” Had to use bathroom, which had a hole in the wall, next to registration desk. When checking out, "Earl", said he would give us a 20% discount. While driving away I looked at the receipt. We were given a 10% discount.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Very good experience at Best Western Hotels El Paseo, Texas. They accommodated every need with a happy face. Breakfast there is free and was very good. The waffles were tremendous. Check out was quick and easy. We made reservations early and coming back on the road that day with no problems.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Their all over the usa and it's ok place to stay. I had good ones and bad ones. We had discounts on the account and the bad ones didn't recognize it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

They gave us a discount because we were there for a doctor’s appointment and surgery stay. Very nice lady at front desk to help check us in. We had very nice stay at Best Western Hotels Oklahoma City. They were very helpful and kind. Also clean room and bathroom.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Best Western Hotels 77 Market St. Wilkes-barre, PA. Friendly staff at front desk and clean rooms. Nice breakfast. Enough parking. Housekeepers were a little loud though and I complained a lot. But I would recommend staying here to friends and family. Quick walk to town. Stores, restaurants, public transportation, movies, colleges all close by.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The room in Best Western Seward was stuffy, outdated, and overpriced. I was extremely disappointed because I had experienced excellent quality in Best Western in the lower forty-eight.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Diligence and Effort of Staff - I was forced to live at the Best Western Durham for almost 6 Months and was so impressed by the staff and their tasteful decor, I had to tell people, so I searched for a venue to review them. Félicitas was a joy to see every day and did a fabulous job keeping the rooms clean. All of the women on the cleaning staff and laundry staff were just exceptional. The hotel always smelled fresh and was well maintained. Charmina and Monica truly went out of their way.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Best Western Hotels Boston has excellent price and room. The amenities are comparable to other chains. Best Western took over the niche that Holiday Inn used to occupy. They have properties throughout the US as well.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Best Western Hotels are in different states. They are great always. Very nice, clean, friendly, great beds, fair rates. Try to stay at a Best Western because we know what to expect and have not been disappointed over the years on our travels at different states. I would recommend a Best Western Hotel.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Clean rooms and friendly staff in Best Western Hotels at Ft. Lauderdale FL. There's a combination Safe in room. You can relax poolside even if you don't get wet. Easy to visit with friends without loud noises or large crowds. Breakfast not bad and it’s free.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I really expected better for what I paid. I stayed at the Best Western on State Farm Pkwy for 2 nights. The first thing I noticed as I entered the room was the couch. The couch had a dirty look to it, and it had holes all in it. It appeared that it had a stain on it that someone tried to remove unsuccessfully. I woke up the first morning and attempted to make some coffee to no avail because the coffee maker in the room didn’t work. The door to the closet was broken and wouldn’t shut. My card key wouldn’t work two times because they deprogrammed it for some reason, so I had to take it back to the front desk each time. The girl who checked me in on the first day seemed pleasant, however she was the only one whom I dealt with who was. I usually don’t leave reviews, but this was such a bad experience that I needed to vent (and hopefully save someone from experiencing what I did). I can’t imagine staying at another.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

February 2, 2018 I checked into the Best Western Greenville Airport for the specific reason to take the shuttle in the morning to the airport. As I often do when traveling and I have an early flight. I told the clerk at the front desk upon check-in that I would need to be on the shuttle in the morning. She told me that it leaves at 6:00 am, and to be there 15 minutes early. I thought this would be OK, since my flight was at 7:30 am. Saturday Feb 3, 5:35 am I went to the hotel lobby. I told the clerk at the desk that I was there to catch the 6 am shuttle to the airport. She said, "You are not on the list." Without an explanation of what that meant, I said, "I need a ride to the airport." She repeated, "You're not on the list." She then showed me the list and said, "See. You're not on the list." She continued with the attitude that it was my responsibility to be on "the list".

I said, "I don't know who is responsible for your list. I told clerk when I check in yesterday that I needed to catch the airport shuttle at 6 am and she told me to be here 15 minutes early." The back and forth of "on this list/not on this list" continued until I finally said, "Then put me on the list." She then told me that the shuttle leaves at 6 am and 7 am, I said, "Ok 6 am," and asked about coffee. She said, "Around corner." At this point I was frustrated with the disrespectful strange behavior from the front-desk clerk.

I didn't see the coffee cups when I went to get coffee. I cracked open the "employee only" door, not entering, and called out for a cup. The clerk came around and with a disdain expression and showed me where they were. I sat down to drink my coffee thinking everything was ok. Wrong. Someone walked quickly behind me and said, "Your shuttle is ready." I gathered my carry on, my large rolling suitcase, my purse and my still full coffee cup. Making it to the front door and finding it difficult to navigate the slight grade that it had some kind of bumps in the concrete. Consequently, my coffee started to spill. The shuttle wasn't 10 ft from the door and the driver remained behind the door of the van out of sight.

I called out for help from the driver and she said, "Bring your luggage over here. I will help you put it on the back." I had to dump out my coffee and then was able to get to the back of the van. Really, why wouldn't she help me? I am 66 years old and under 5 and needed help. Now the clerk came out and said I was yelling. Not true! I only called out for help. The driver now told me she didn't need to take me. That it was a courtesy service not a service guaranteed. She took my luggage off the van and shut off the engine, and disappeared back into the hotel. I went in and told the clerk to call me a cab, I realizing she was not going to help me.

So then I started trying to find a cab. No cab companies were answering the phone. A few choice words in a heated moment followed and I concluded the conversation by saying, "I hoped you have surveillance cameras." I am a senior woman traveling alone. I was left in the front of the hotel with my luggage. It was dark and I'm in an unfamiliar neighborhood and town, not knowing anyone I could call. No answers on cab or transportation calls. It was still very dark out and I didn't know what to do. Terrified, I headed toward the only light that was a Waffle House. Desperate, I asked a young man who looked as if he was on his way to work if he was going by the airport and I would pay him twenty dollars to take me. Turned out he is an angel, he saw my desperation and said, "You don't have to pay me anything", picked up my luggage and took me to the airport in time to catch my flight. When I was dropped off, I put 20.00 in his console.

As a frequent Best Western guest, I have found this entire experience to be traumatizing to me. I wake up in the middle of the night reliving the incident. It was only by the Grace of God that this man turned out to be an Angel, but I was focus on NOT missing my plane home. Finally, when a guest calls out for help – obviously in need of assistance – do NOT accuse them of SHOUTING. There IS a difference. It could have been a matter of life and death, and your front-desk clerks put MY LIFE in danger. The public needs to be informed about how they could be treated by Best Western employees.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I went a ten trip to the East Coast with my daughter and my niece starting in PA. and ending up in the state of NY. then back to Michigan. On this trip I put all the hotels on my charge card and at the end of the stay the 3 of us split the bill and we paid in cash. We stayed at these hotels: Fairfield in Dubois PA then La Quinta Inn and Suites in New Haven CT, then on to Quality Inn and Suites in Lexington MA then to La Quinta Inn and Suites in South Burlington Vermont.

Now out of all these hotels I had no problem paying cash. When we left the last stop was Best Western Plus Buffalo NY and when I signed in I told the woman that register me I would be paying in cash. She noted on my room so the next day I paid the young man without looking at my receipt. Got home the next month I receive my credit card bill and guess what, I now owe the 102 dollars that I already paid when I checked out. I've been fighting this since November. I checked out on October 3 2017.

I talk to the manager and he informed me that there is a drop cash box and guess what, no extra money but he informed the 2 people that had registered me and took my money no longer works there. Really. I wonder why he also informed me there's no video camera to see me paid this young man and he hung up the phone. Really. I'm 61 years old and I'm going to con someone it will be more than a 100. I will never ever stay in any of your so call hotel ever again and believe me I will make sure everyone I know and even the ones I don't know will never stay in another this hotel. Out of all the ones we stayed at this one cons working to rip your guest and the manager at this hotel was rude.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Best Western Cairo, GA - Worst hotel ever, gave them a bad review and the manager sent me an email with lies how I have previously complained that there was no coffee at 1 pm (I don’t even drink coffee) and I had cussed out the desk clerk and called her **! I called him and told him these were lies and his only response was, "What do you want me to do!!!" Best Western’s customers service was no better claiming there was nothing they could do! By the way I am a Diamond and could have cared less that I told them I would never stay in another BW!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

If I could give this hotel (BEST WESTERN PADUCAH, KY) a ZERO I would. Worst hotel experience EVER. I have stayed at so many hotel in my life and seriously the worst. I never write bad reviews but this hotel charged me for checking out 20 minutes late. Mind you my truck started on fire while driving down the interstate. I was staying here waiting on insurance to get me a rental. I got out as fast as possible and they charged me $25.00 before tax WITHOUT telling me for checking out at 12:20 PM. $26.86 after tax. I call and complain and this is how I found this out. Then January 2nd a week later I look at my statement. I am charged another two charges $53.71 and $32.23. REALLY WHY??

I have never had an issue like this. Save your money and time. Stay somewhere more trustworthy. You want your money taken stay here. Don't believe me. Go to Google, click on the link that says lowest score and read several other reviews that have had the same issue as me. The good reviews are probably from the owner and staff. I will be filing a dispute with my bank, the police, and the Better Business Bureau. KEEP IN MIND I WAS CHARGED THROUGH PRICELINE AS I BOOKED THROUGH THEM SO ALL THESE ARE EXTRA CHARGES!! The NONSMOKING hotel room smelled so bad of cigarette smell. The shower curtain had mold. The air and heat was either way too hot or way too cold. The Carpets are gross.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have stayed at many Best Westerns without any major issues and I recently used loyalty reward points to stay at Best Western Castlerock Inn & Suites in Bentonville Ark. I agree with some other reviews about the breakfast being below average for a BW Plus, but my room was fine. A few days after my stay I opened my credit card bill to discover a mystery charge. I have no idea what the $30 charge is for. Other “Poor” reviews for this hotel have mentioned unexplained charges.

I emailed the national BW customer service department for an explanation a few days ago but haven’t heard anything. More frustrating, I phoned Bentonville directly. The gentleman I talked to said that the manager was on the other line but would call me back with the billing explanation. That was five days ago. I will have to pay this credit card charge, but will not stay at this hotel again. And this experience influences my overall opinion of Best Western customer service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

28th Street Wyoming - Nice rooms, nice staff, horrible management. Joanne ** is a rude and uncaring manager. Isn't supportive of staff or guests. Not on site for a holiday weekend, and didn't come in when staff didn't show up. One staff person had been there 26 hours when we left. He had to call in a maintenance person to resolve a faulty lock, keeping guests locked out of room. Maintenance person stated they were aware of the faulty lock, so why were guests assigned that room. Manager says, "Not true." No housekeeping staff or maintenance staff on site when we needed them. One front desk person. Avoid staying here until Best Western chooses quality management.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I'm very pleased with my Best Western stays... I love the breakfast included but I have stayed at only Best Western this year alone... Two trips. Virginia Beach 2 rooms in June. My wedding anniversary... Loved it. Recently Kansas. Years ago... Up and down east coast... BEST WESTERN... My sister said MARRIOT. I said no... Best Western... MY CONCERN... Shouldnt I get a notice of that a discount something? I am not one to ask for special treatment but I'm getting older. Still wanna travel... ** is my husband... Maybe my rooms are in his name... but the payment is in my name. My card. JUST WONDERING maybe Marriot is way to go.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Best Western Cedar Park Inn - Edmonton - I discovered that this hotel ran up $2000 in Pre-authorizations WITHOUT my permission. When I brought my concerns to them they said it's their policy. It's also ILLEGAL. They also jacked the room rate up 50% for the remaining few days without telling me. I called the corporate main office Customer Service who said they will upcharge the rooms if and when they want without notification. Head office also said they support running up 5-10 times the expected bill on pre-auth's without notifying the customer. Never again will I stay or will my company stay at a Best Western.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Fredericksburg, Texas - It was a basic room in a basic hotel. The room was comfortable, but the employees could care less if you were there or not. Even asking a question about restaurants was a chore for them. If you want a comfortable room and to be left alone it would probably work.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Springfield, Missouri - Everything was top notch. Nothing was out of place. Very clean and made up perfectly. Parking was good. Lighting outside was great. We felt very secure and safe.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Canmore, AB, Canada - Welcoming front dest clerk was very knowledgeable. There were fresh cookies and lemonade at the front desk. Our room was spacious and clean. The pool and hot tub were clean. I would go back.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

St. Joe, MO - Suitable for need and budget at time of use. Nothing extra for price. Up the rates for dog show when they knew I wasn't there for dog show. Needed room upgrade. Employees were professional. This was six years ago though. Improvement may have been made to building.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We got to the Best Western Coweta, Oklahoma kinda late and couldn't get the discount from the internet to load from the phone, so we thought we would have to pay full price, which was a great deal more than the online quoted price. The owner was in the office and must've heard what was going on because she came out and asked if she could help. We explained the issue and she overrode the computer and not only gave us a discounted price but also upgraded us to a jacuzzi room. We got to the room and it was absolutely beautiful. I went out to get some ice and the owner came up and asked if everything was good and told me if I needed anything to just let her know. It was a wonderful experience and the jacuzzi tub was awesome!! This is definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

Best Western Hotels Company Information