2.25/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

530 Best Western Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Springfield, Missouri - Everything was top notch. Nothing was out of place. Very clean and made up perfectly. Parking was good. Lighting outside was great. We felt very secure and safe.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Canmore, AB, Canada - Welcoming front dest clerk was very knowledgeable. There were fresh cookies and lemonade at the front desk. Our room was spacious and clean. The pool and hot tub were clean. I would go back.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

St. Joe, MO - Suitable for need and budget at time of use. Nothing extra for price. Up the rates for dog show when they knew I wasn't there for dog show. Needed room upgrade. Employees were professional. This was six years ago though. Improvement may have been made to building.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We got to the Best Western Coweta, Oklahoma kinda late and couldn't get the discount from the internet to load from the phone, so we thought we would have to pay full price, which was a great deal more than the online quoted price. The owner was in the office and must've heard what was going on because she came out and asked if she could help. We explained the issue and she overrode the computer and not only gave us a discounted price but also upgraded us to a jacuzzi room. We got to the room and it was absolutely beautiful. I went out to get some ice and the owner came up and asked if everything was good and told me if I needed anything to just let her know. It was a wonderful experience and the jacuzzi tub was awesome!! This is definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Best Western in Sacramento - Short stay for 2 days after work. Small parking area but ok. Near the pool was noisy. Rooms were ok with towels, clean and refrigerator and microwave. The ice machine was not working. The staff were pretty nice. Lucky to get a double room.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The Best Western in Covington, GA is very affordable, comfortable, clean, nice, and pet and kid friendly. Best choice in 3 or 4 towns I've stayed at and my personal # 1 choice out of all the Hotels or Motels I've visited in my lifetime of 58 years. It was conveniently located near gas stations, major highways, shopping centers, several good restaurants (dine-in, carry out and delivery).

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

It is not the "Best" hotel and it’s not the worst, but it is definitely not worth the price. The customer service at Santa Clara, CA is terrible and very inflexible. I was told there are no early check-ins or late check outs.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

The room at the Connecticut location was very neat and clean, no trash around. Also the bathroom had all the towels, washcloths, etc. we needed. It was a pleasant stay.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Best Western in Prague, Czech Republic. It was located in the center of the city and was walkable to local restaurants and all of the iconic attractions in Prague. Fantastic location and would compare to any upscale hotel in US.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I always stay at the Hilton Post Oak in Houston during Hurricanes, or when work is being done at my home, and when I just want to be pampered. The food was outstanding and the service is top notch. They bend over backwards to see that everything is done for your complete comfort.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

This hotel in Dayton, WA was beautiful and clean. The beds were comfortable and the room looked and smelled clean like the first day. They had flat screens with DirecTV. The friendly staff were very helpful. The housekeeping were outstanding and they took care of our room every day. And they allowed pets. The breakfast was great. They had waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fresh fruit, cereal, juices, and milk. It is buffet style.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Warm Springs Best Western was very clean and it was a enjoyable. The staff was very helpful and friendly to us. I would recommend it to anyone who needed a clean place and the price wasn't bad either.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I stayed at the Van Nuys location because some work was being done on my place. Lovely hotel/motel, friendly staff, and very comfortable. Every amenity supplied. I felt cared for and safe. Laundry & soft drink facilities very clean and fully stocked. Just a very nice place to stay. I wish the bar had been open later.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I booked a room with a local BW for 2 nights on Booking.com with the pay at the property option and cancelled it within the allotted time so I figured I was good. The week after the stay would have happened, I see a charge for $300 then a reversal of $100. Apparently all of a sudden my room was a non-refundable room (pretty sure those are usually a prepaid situation, not pay at property) and they decided to refund 1 night but not the 2nd. I never received a receipt or notification of this situation, just a charge the day after I would have checked out had I stayed.

I'm so angry as the hotel is local and if I had thought it was non-refundable as they now state (they also tried to claim there were 3 dates I cancelled... I only cancelled 2 dates due to a friend who was trying to get dates off and it not working out as planned. If I had known it was non-refundable, I would have at least gone up and enjoyed the night away from my crazy neighbor since it was already paid for.

Trying to get a response from BW is like trying to get blood from a turnip... repeatedly my emails went unanswered which just proves that you as a customer don't matter at all. I'll be advising all friends and family to avoid BW at all costs! $150 is a big amount for someone who lives paycheck to paycheck and apparently they don't care, enough so that they'll keep the one night over a customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have reviewed these specific motels in Wennemucca, NV, W. Yellowstone, MT & Liberty Lake at TripAdvisor and they are all great motels to spend a night or week at. Each has their own unique attribute. They were clean, well kept and had friendly and efficient staff.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Middleburg, FL - Comfortable, good price, good beds, nice clerks, enjoyed a selection of breakfast items, and not too far from the hospital where my husband was a patient. I made reservations too at a Best Western for relatives in Charleston, SC.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Greeted warmly, felt accommodated. Rooms and amenities meet to my expectations. Room service was exceptional. Breakfast was adequate. Parking lot was secure.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Orange, CA - Excellent front desk service. Easy check-in, medical needs + service canine accommodated, clean + quiet room ready to check into. Time to enjoy a float in the pool + a little time in the jacuzzi + a full breakfast the following morning if I'm not scheduled for an early morning surgery.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Please note, I take writing a review like this very seriously and prior to doing so all I asked was that we be treated with respect and given the price that was on the internet and that I had verified prior to taking the shuttle on the phone 15 min earlier. The rude, angry, and confrontational manager who refused to give her name beyond "Ana" said, post the review as if she didn't care at all about the hotel, the chain, and clearly about us as clients who had arrived in the early morning after a long flight trusting the good name of Best Western (which I no longer trust as quality). Here it is.

I travel all around the world and have stayed in many hotels and had arrived in San Francisco at 1 am. At about 1:30 I called the phone # for the hotel and spoke with a woman and verified the price, gave them my name and asked when the shuttle would be coming to the airport. I waited outside the airport for the shuttle and when I arrived at the hotel, the price given to me was $50 higher than the amount I was quoted on the phone (that I had verified with someone else who also heard my phone call). When I asked if I could book online for 2 nights, or if they could give the rate I was promised, the manager (who only gave me her name of Ana, who looked upset from the moment she stepped out) refused and then told us we could not stay there.

I explained to her that I would pay the amount as I needed a place to stay but that it is important to treat people properly and I was promised the rate on the phone and gave my name for the reservation. She continued to argue that I hadn't called so I pressed redial on the # I had called and all the phones started ringing around us. Despite the fact I had just proven that I had called, she turned us away at 2:30 am and I was forced to call an Uber and stay elsewhere.

Before leaving this review, I let her know politely that I would do so and all I was asking was to be charged the amount I was promised. If you are looking for a good hotel, there are many. This would be the last one you would ever want to look at and while I wish Ana great energy, perhaps Best Western can look at giving her some training on taking care of customers as ultimately, if someone has been flying for a long time, arrives at 1 am and calls to verify, and then arrives, the right thing is to take care of the customer. This hotel has provided the absolute worst service I have ever received in 20 different countries and Ana the manager was the rudest, most angry, and incompetent manager I have ever seen. If you are looking for a place to stay, don't walk, run away from Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn in this location.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Recently converted to Best Western from a cut-rate chain so maybe some issues hadn't been resolved. No travel-sized anything in the room in West Virginia. Coffeemaker but no pot and no coffee, no bathmat, and frankly afraid to take a look at the mattress.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

A situation occurred from the moment I came to the counter in Springfield, MO. My license was from the same town and they don't rent to locals. My pipes busted and I hasn't showered in like 3 days.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

When we arrived at Best Western Rahway, NJ we were met by the manager and immediately taken care of. We were checked in and in our room in less than 10 minutes. Was an excellent staff. The place was spotless.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Decided not to stay after the hotel turned away a group of construction workers who had just come off their job and were all dirty. They had the rooms available. As far as we were concerned, the Best Western Rice Lake, WI Hotel's behavior was totally unacceptable the way they treated these guys.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Tupelo, MS - The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. It has a refrigerator and a TV. Close to the mall and movie theater and great places to eat! What more could you ask for?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Check-in at St Louis, MO was speedy, the staff was great, and they brought extra towels and pillows to the room without question. The breakfast was better than I had expected. I would recommend this company to everyone! Best hotel I have ever stayed in!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

The bed was the best I have ever slept in. I am purchasing a new bed based on the bed in this hotel (Marion, IL). The staff when I checked in was attentive. The overnight stay was quiet and comfortable. The day staff upon checkout went above and beyond to be helpful.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

The stay was very nice but there wasn't much close enough to walk or drive to for restaurants or shopping. This is in a very small town in Louisa, KY. Very few restaurants and no entertainment except music occasionally. It's really nice during Septemberfest?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I'd recommend this hotel in Orlando to budget minded customers. Though the grounds are rather limited in size and the lobby is a bit dark and small, the room itself was adequate and clean. Sheets and the beds were fine. I'd stay again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

New Mexico - I enjoy the great breakfast, the kindness of staff, clean rooms, free wifi, great view. Lots of lighting and felt safe. Not sure about security. Points and rewards every time you stay at Best Western.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We prepaid for two nights. We were unable to stay the first night. I called 1st thing in the morning. Hotel stated reservation cancelled and we would have to pay AGAIN for hotel stay. I called Best Western customer care. They were unwilling to help and closed file **. They were completely unwilling to help.

Best Western Hotels Company Information