Best Western Hotels

• 8%
  • 4%
  • 59%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

A Delightful Stay at Best Western, Silicon Valley. I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western in Silicon Valley, and I must say, it was a fantastic experience! From the moment I stepped in, the front desk staff were nothing short of wonderful. They were welcoming, efficient, and made check-in a breeze. The rooms were a breath of fresh air – literally! They were spotlessly clean and what I loved the most was the ability to open the windows for some fresh air, a rare find in hotels these days. It added a nice, homely touch to the room. Plenty of plug-ins all over the room. The desk had at least 6 alone for all your technology.

Now, let's talk about the breakfast spread. It was amazing! There were plenty of healthy options like oatmeal, hard boiled eggs and more, which I appreciated. The latte machine was a delightful surprise, adding a special touch to my morning routine. It's not every day you find a hotel that puts so much thought into their breakfast offerings. The location of the hotel is another big plus. It offers easy access to everything you might need in Silicon Valley, making it a convenient choice for both business and leisure travelers. The gym is two stories and awesome. In summary, my stay at the Best Western in Silicon Valley was nothing short of wonderful. It's a great choice for anyone looking for clean rooms, friendly service, and a fantastic breakfast experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

Attended 50th wedding celebration and stayed 2 nights. Rooms very clean, prime rib for reception excellent, all staff were friendly, manager came to tables to check if all was good. Checkout simple and reasonable rates. A very nice clean pool.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed July 10, 2023

My sister and I stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Las Cruces New Mexico. It was absolutely the best experience. The hotel is a hidden gem. It is clean and absolutely beautiful. The hotel was very busy, but we didn’t hear a sound and we slept amazing. Maria at the front desk was so wonderful and so helpful. We felt like we were with family. I highly recommend.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 6, 2023

Donna is one of the best check clerks I have come across in a long time. She greeted me with a smile, was very courteous, and has excellent customer service skills. She is the main reason I stayed at this hotel and I came back because her. Michael the manager was very rude, and not approachable, I was offended and uncomfortable and I was actually about to leave and go to another hotel, but because of Donna I stayed. She needs to stay around because she’s great for business otherwise I don’t see this company flourishing without her. The other staff was not very friendly either, some were and some weren’t. The food was pretty good. The appearance and cleanliness of the hotel was decent. The overall stay was great if you factor in Donna; otherwise it was okay.

Reviewed May 28, 2024

They screwed me out of a free night that I was promised. I even called twice to verify that I should get it. Do not trust their promotions. I will never spend another dime with this company. I am very disappointed.

David

Same thing happened to me. They told me I signed up for a 10K point promotion which is totally false...it is worth about $30 and I would not waste the energy. Bait and switch company. I am done with these folks.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 25, 2024

Recently stayed at a Best Western brand SureStay Hotel in Ft. Pierce Florida. It all started upon arrival and check in with a Mr. **. Who would have known right. Upon verification of my reservation, Mr. ** said, "Yes, I have your reservation for two nights." I immediately corrected Mr. ** and told him, "NO. It's only for ONE night." He claimed he would fix that but that never happened. The reservation was for a king size bed, non smoking room. First obstacle for Mr. **, he claims they only had rooms on the second floor. Ok, I asked, "Do you have a elevator for my luggage?" His answer was NO. I explained I was not able to do steps with the luggage so he conveniently found a room on the back side of the property on the 1st floor. Open the door to the room to be knocked backwards by the smell of raunchy coverup of a smoke filled dirty room.

The room lacked serious maintainence as well. Laminate flooring coming up, cracked shower walls along with a used washcloth left over either from and past guess or someone who just decided to spend the night since the safety lock on the door was completely broken. We made do for the night after a long drive and needed to board a ship the next morning. Two days later, Mr. ** or the management staff decide to hit my CC with a charge for another night. Mind you, Mr. ** was informed and complained he would take care of the reservation which was wrong to begin with. To double check this mistake, I personally contacted the Best Western reservation headquarters and asked for the reservation email that they send everyone for confirmation after a reservation is made. Best Western claimed they did not have any record of that email and I did not receive it as well.

Long story short, did not get what I paid for and was double charged for a service I did not receive. AVOID this DUMP! They were paving the parking lot instead of fixing long overdue repairs on the dirty, smelly, uncleaned rooms. For your viewing pleasure I am adding S.P's response which I would have to say knowing how these type of individuals run these places in the ground after they buy them is a relative if not the same person.

"I am writing in response to your Best Western Complaint. We apologize there is any confusion regarding your billing. We have checked our records and none of our staff were told you would be staying only one night. The check in documents you signed were all for two nights. You also never came to the Front Desk on March 1, 2024 to check out. Our housekeeping records indicate you received stayover service on March 1, 2024. If a room is empty our housekeepers do notify us, and there were no such notifications. According to our system records and housekeeping records you were at our hotel for two nights, and therfore charged correctly. If you did leave anytime after housekeeping cleaned your room after check out time, or if you left early without notifying us and checking out, you would also be charged for second night. Best Regards, S.P. Senior Manager SureStay by Best Western Fort Pierce"

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

The one in PORTERVILLE CALIFORNIA... HAS CAMERAS IN THE ROOM but wow.. security cameras always down. My room was also vandalized and stuff stolen!!! The grounds keeper always lurking around but not actually working... Creepy!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

My brother was in the hospital in tulsa Oklahoma. I got a package deal.... flight, car, room. Booked room at Best Western-Airport Tulsa Oklahoma.

1st. Room looked very dated Advertised photos are of lobby... false advertisement.

2nd. Went to room 103. Door was already open. Door would not latch. I called front desk and they sent some crazy haired person in stocking feet with a drill to grind down the door latch.

3rd. After arriving back to room and trying to relax, I heard gunfire nearby. Barricaded the door. In the morning when checking out. Clerk said there was a police academy gunrange behind the hotel. I accepted her explanation. Getting home I resaerched myself and found there is a gun range but on south garnett ACROSS THE FREEWAY nowhere near my location.

4th. The room itself. Carpet was dirty and worn. Furniture looked second hand. Microwave was dirty. Following day after checking out I reserved a room at the Fairfield by Marriott in the art district, cheaper and extremely clean, secure.

5th. Totally disappointed with this experience. Blatant lies in order not to refund my money. My brother is at the Hillcrest Medical Center with colon cancer, and I traveled to tulsa to see and support him. Searching for a new room took precious time I had allocated to be with him.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

I would like to thank BW for ruining what was supposed to be a long racing/vacation weekend. When we arrived at the hotel my husband checked in, was told there were 2 identical reservations. The hotel clerk couldn’t/wouldn’t cancel one of them because it was after the two-day window. I had to call corporate (and look the number up myself), 30 minutes later one of the reservations did get cancelled. However, while waiting to get those taken care of, I noticed in a second story window a BULLET HOLE.

When I told corporate, her reply was “Well is it the window to your room.” I told her it didn’t matter, I DID NOT feel safe staying there. I let her know we would talk to the person at the desk and call back if problems. My husband went in, got the woman at the desk who told us the BULLET HOLE was a crack. (**) my husband stopped 3 older gentleman on there to check in (they were coach bus drivers) and they confirmed it was a BULLET HOLE. At this point, I got corporate back on the phone, and all she could do was make a ticket and call the hotel. She got back on the phone with me and told me the woman at the front desk was busy. BUT out came that same woman to have a seat out front and light up a smoke. I told the lady from corporate we were going to grab some food and come back. We came back after picking up my son from the race track. He also didn’t feel safe after looking at the surroundings and the BULLET HOLE.

My son and husband cancelled their obligations at the Fairgrounds Speedway and we turned right back around and head back to Northern Illinois in less than 24 hours. BW corporate nor the hotel in Antioch would refund us. The woman at the front desk was rude and insulted our intelligence by trying to say a perfectly round hole through a hotel window was a SCRATCH and instead of working through the issue with corporate, decided a smoke was more important. When I talked to Corporate a 4th time, all they can do was as notes to the previous ticket. So much for customer service. At least I feel safe now that we did not stay there.

Price

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2023

They charging 100 a day 100 dollar deposit but no TV. This is ridiculous because I wouldn't even had came over here but like I say I was tricked into getting this room over here. I have never been in a Best Western wherever they're charging the stuff in your room working or not.

Best Western Hotels author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Best Western was founded in 1946, and by 1963 the member hotels comprised the largest motel chain in America with 699 hotels. The company’s headquarters are in Phoenix, and there are over 4,000 hotels associated with the company worldwide.

• Rewards program: Travelers can sign up for the free Best Western Rewards program and earn points towards free stays. There are five status levels for rewards members, but Best Western makes it easy for travelers to achieve an elite status. Though the Status Match… No Catch program, this chain will match travelers’ elite status in any competitor’s loyalty program.

• Special discounts: Members of AAA, CAA and AARP receive a discount when they book a room through the Best Western website and provide their membership information. Best Western Rewards members can get these discounts in addition to their rewards discount. Best Western has been named the AAA/CAA Partner of the Year every year since 2008.

• Team travel: Best Western’s Home Team Advantage program offers discounted group rates when traveling athletic teams book four or more rooms. The individual making the reservations can receive this discount by simply clicking Home Team Advantage when making the reservation on the Best Western website.

• Charitable activities: Best Western For A Better World is the company’s charitable program, which focuses on education, poverty and disaster relief. The education program offers scholarships to students studying for careers in the hospitality industry, and the poverty relief program partners with Kiva and World Vision to offer microfinancing to entrepreneurs in developing nations.

• Website: Travelers can easily book a room on the Best Western website, which has received gold in the Best of the Web Awards from Dynatrace every year since 2011. On the website, guests can quickly see room rates, special offers, hotel amenities and even whether or not a particular hotel is designated as environmentally friendly under national or local standards.

Best Western Hotels Company Information