2.8/5 (68 ratings)

About Best Western Hotels

Best Western Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I stayed at the hotel and left a book behind. It was a daily journal/calendar. It was an important book. So the manager mailed it to me and it just meant so much to me. Thank you Tommy and staff! Keep up the great work!

Original review: May 15, 2021

A manager named Tammy was so patient and helpful beyond what is required or even expected from a manager. This was a very pleasant experience! I highly recommend this hotel and will book family with them in the future.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I've stayed at a number of Best Westerns over the years and I have never been disappointed. Of course, during WUHAN virus the breakfast in the morning was curtailed which was not good. Friendly people who want to take care of their customers.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Best Western is great, affordable, most Pet friendly. unless in Phoenix Az, then they're horrible. We travel to PPA and back staying in B.W. with our cats, until Az, then they were rude and not one hotel would help us. We called all in the Phoenix area and surrounding. it was a night late.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We stayed at the Willmar, MN location. The staff was friendly. The rooms were neat & clean. A pool, hot tub & restaurants were within the facility. Other restaurants were close by. They had a nice selection of breakfast foods considering the restrictions.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I seriously thought I had my bill all squared away the first night. Then 2-3 other people got into my account...added charges and proceeded to overcharge the card by $374.47! Then they claimed the first charge didn't go through. I said the paperwork shows it did! But they didn't listen and both charges went through! $231.00 and $374.47! Initially only crediting $137..and me having to hassle with the rest again! Then they had the nerve to charge me some type of $6 room tax from what they missed the first time! I am so mad! They better make this right! I would not stay at this place! Hotel was nice but workers do not know what they are doing at the front desk!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I reserved two rooms from Nov 10th to the 16th for a music festival. On the 15th after 1am one of the rooms was vandalized and one of my guests had her wallet and fanny pack stolen while my elderly DD sister was asleep in the room. Me and my guest who had her belongings stolen were enjoying our trip in my room at the time listening to music. Needless to say we were horrified that this could have happened, and made the trip difficult on us just trying to fly back home without her having any identification. What was a wonderful experience turned into a nightmare. Our greatest dissatisfaction was the lack of empathy we experienced from the hotel and even to this day nothing, not even from corporate. Their responses were basically it's Daytona. I'm sorry but that's not good enough for me after being violated by perhaps someone who was watching us.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Horrible service!! Charged a deposit and won’t return it and manager is very rude and disrespectful, I booked my room one month in advice and when I checked in they said they were overbooked and all they didn’t have double bed like o had reserved so they gave me a king size bed and manager say we only have this room in front of their washer and dryers so it’s going to be noisy but take or leave it!! I give them a one 1. The room was hot and smelled like wet towels.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The BW in Grand Canyon was outstanding, as was Salida, Colorado. My advice from experience is Stay Away from Best Western Airport in Albuquerque. There are cockroaches and mold in their hot tubs. My husband actually caught a cockroach and brought it to the front desk to show them. He did it discreetly, when no one else was there. They only allow you to book the shuttle while at the hotel, I often arrived late and have been told it’s full. I no longer stay there because there are so many other good choices near the airport. The hotel service has declined greatly since the new assistant manager named Jace started there. He cancelled my reservation at the last minute without any notification in retaliation of our cockroach complaint. It was a blessing in disguise. I also noticed that the laundry workers are the only ones without air conditioning in the triple digit heat in the summers, and brought that to their attention. I wish they had more integrity.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The company has staff who are really racist. They need to be trained. This happened **. If you are ** or you are not okay with bedbugs, think twice before you go there. I was given the worst treatment.

Best Western Hotels author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Best Western was founded in 1946, and by 1963 the member hotels comprised the largest motel chain in America with 699 hotels. The company’s headquarters are in Phoenix, and there are over 4,000 hotels associated with the company worldwide.

• Rewards program: Travelers can sign up for the free Best Western Rewards program and earn points towards free stays. There are five status levels for rewards members, but Best Western makes it easy for travelers to achieve an elite status. Though the Status Match… No Catch program, this chain will match travelers’ elite status in any competitor’s loyalty program.

• Special discounts: Members of AAA, CAA and AARP receive a discount when they book a room through the Best Western website and provide their membership information. Best Western Rewards members can get these discounts in addition to their rewards discount. Best Western has been named the AAA/CAA Partner of the Year every year since 2008.

• Team travel: Best Western’s Home Team Advantage program offers discounted group rates when traveling athletic teams book four or more rooms. The individual making the reservations can receive this discount by simply clicking Home Team Advantage when making the reservation on the Best Western website.

• Charitable activities: Best Western For A Better World is the company’s charitable program, which focuses on education, poverty and disaster relief. The education program offers scholarships to students studying for careers in the hospitality industry, and the poverty relief program partners with Kiva and World Vision to offer microfinancing to entrepreneurs in developing nations.

• Website: Travelers can easily book a room on the Best Western website, which has received gold in the Best of the Web Awards from Dynatrace every year since 2011. On the website, guests can quickly see room rates, special offers, hotel amenities and even whether or not a particular hotel is designated as environmentally friendly under national or local standards.

Best Western Hotels Company Information