1.57/5
  • 1 star
Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 30, 2017

442 Best Western Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I booked a room with a local BW for 2 nights on Booking.com with the pay at the property option and cancelled it within the allotted time so I figured I was good. The week after the stay would have happened, I see a charge for $300 then a reversal of $100. Apparently all of a sudden my room was a non-refundable room (pretty sure those are usually a prepaid situation, not pay at property) and they decided to refund 1 night but not the 2nd. I never received a receipt or notification of this situation, just a charge the day after I would have checked out had I stayed.

I'm so angry as the hotel is local and if I had thought it was non-refundable as they now state (they also tried to claim there were 3 dates I cancelled... I only cancelled 2 dates due to a friend who was trying to get dates off and it not working out as planned. If I had known it was non-refundable, I would have at least gone up and enjoyed the night away from my crazy neighbor since it was already paid for.

Trying to get a response from BW is like trying to get blood from a turnip... repeatedly my emails went unanswered which just proves that you as a customer don't matter at all. I'll be advising all friends and family to avoid BW at all costs! $150 is a big amount for someone who lives paycheck to paycheck and apparently they don't care, enough so that they'll keep the one night over a customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Please note, I take writing a review like this very seriously and prior to doing so all I asked was that we be treated with respect and given the price that was on the internet and that I had verified prior to taking the shuttle on the phone 15 min earlier. The rude, angry, and confrontational manager who refused to give her name beyond "Ana" said, post the review as if she didn't care at all about the hotel, the chain, and clearly about us as clients who had arrived in the early morning after a long flight trusting the good name of Best Western (which I no longer trust as quality). Here it is.

I travel all around the world and have stayed in many hotels and had arrived in San Francisco at 1 am. At about 1:30 I called the phone # for the hotel and spoke with a woman and verified the price, gave them my name and asked when the shuttle would be coming to the airport. I waited outside the airport for the shuttle and when I arrived at the hotel, the price given to me was $50 higher than the amount I was quoted on the phone (that I had verified with someone else who also heard my phone call). When I asked if I could book online for 2 nights, or if they could give the rate I was promised, the manager (who only gave me her name of Ana, who looked upset from the moment she stepped out) refused and then told us we could not stay there.

I explained to her that I would pay the amount as I needed a place to stay but that it is important to treat people properly and I was promised the rate on the phone and gave my name for the reservation. She continued to argue that I hadn't called so I pressed redial on the # I had called and all the phones started ringing around us. Despite the fact I had just proven that I had called, she turned us away at 2:30 am and I was forced to call an Uber and stay elsewhere.

Before leaving this review, I let her know politely that I would do so and all I was asking was to be charged the amount I was promised. If you are looking for a good hotel, there are many. This would be the last one you would ever want to look at and while I wish Ana great energy, perhaps Best Western can look at giving her some training on taking care of customers as ultimately, if someone has been flying for a long time, arrives at 1 am and calls to verify, and then arrives, the right thing is to take care of the customer. This hotel has provided the absolute worst service I have ever received in 20 different countries and Ana the manager was the rudest, most angry, and incompetent manager I have ever seen. If you are looking for a place to stay, don't walk, run away from Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn in this location.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We prepaid for two nights. We were unable to stay the first night. I called 1st thing in the morning. Hotel stated reservation cancelled and we would have to pay AGAIN for hotel stay. I called Best Western customer care. They were unwilling to help and closed file **. They were completely unwilling to help.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

It really blows my mind that a company with zero customer service can grow to be as large as Best Western! Even corporate doesn't respond to guest complaints! I'm a gold member on Hotels.com. I stay in a lot of hotels! I booked with Waltham, MA TLC location and have never been so disappointed in my life. Booked a room with 2 beds and only got one. Upon calling the front desk I was told it WAS a 2 bedroom because the sofa has a pull out bed. Excuse me? Did the manager really compare a pull out bed to a real bed? Lol. I have family all over MA I could've stayed with. I booked a hotel because I wanted a comfortable night's sleep and a hot shower. I got neither. I got stuck on a sofa bed and we couldn't even shower. Room had no hot water.

We were at a Guns N' Roses concert at TD garden all night so the fact we couldn't shower in the morning was pretty gross. Upon checking out, manager asked how my stay was... Why even ask if you guys don't care? I informed with what my issues and was given a smile and a promise for a good deal next time. Lol. There won't be a next time. You guys are totally unprofessional and petty. The following night we went to another Guns N' Roses concert in Hartford. Our choice came down between a Best Western or a Comfort Inn... Guess what we chose? Ha. Comfort Inn for the win! Bite me Best Western! Never again will you get another penny from me. I refuse to stay somewhere that doesn't care about their guests. And for a hotel that charges over $300 a night, you should really fix that peeling ceiling!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Hello to whom it may concern! I’m so very upset about my stay at the Best Western in Cary NC. We had to move 2 different times. Very pissed. The first room there was no water pressure in the shower in room 321 then they moved us to room 375 walked in and it wasn’t cleaned. At this point I was very frustrated because I had to packed all my bag and carry them from one building to another. Then they finally put us in room 267. The service here is horrible. Worst place I EVER stayed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I made reservations via bestwestern.com (US side) for a BW hotel in Germany. The next day my company says TDY canceled, so I send an email to the hotel stating please cancel reservation. They say no because I didn't make the reservation through them, have to cancel through corporate (US side). I reach out to them via email and calling the 1-800 number. Well, frustrating but not surprising, no reply for 2 weeks. So I get this 'We sincerely apologize, however your reservation was booked at a rate that does not allow changes or cancellations. Therefore, we are unable to complete your request." All I can do is call my bank to report the charge, go social to notify everybody. NEVER AGAIN BEST WESTERN!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

On October 21, 2017 at about 2:30 am I checked into the Best Western North Waco on Bellmead in Waco, Texas. Less than 10 minutes in the room I opened the cabinet in order to heat food and a roach emerged. Upon check out this morning, I went to the front desk to complain of the issue. I told her that I thought it was ridiculous to charge $287 for a room and have a roach. I did not request any money. I simply made a complaint that she seemed to care less about. The clerk did or said absolutely nothing helpful. I was especially bothered that even after I showed the young lady the picture of the roach, she never made any type of attempt to do anything. Notify housekeeping, a manager, an exterminator perhaps. Bothered by this I called the customer service number. I filed a complaint. I expressed my opinion that it was ridiculous to charge someone $287 for a room with roaches and also my shock of the clerk’s lack of response to the issue.

Not once did I request a refund nor a discounted rate. However the gentleman that called me from the hotel 254-732-2039, General Manager Dipak Patel, called to tell me he could not give me a discount for two reasons. One being I booked through a third party and two there was smoking in the room. I am totally livid at this point. There was no smoking in the room and there is absolutely no evidence of smoking. But addressing the money or discount that I did not ask for, if I had an issue with the money I never would have paid for the room and I certainly would have never stayed in the room until the next morning.

Furthermore, I have pictures of the roach, please give me some evidence of smoking. Yes a few people smoke and if you look at your surveillance you will see them leaving the building to smoke. We cannot help what lingers in clothing, bags, or even hair. But what I would never expect is for someone considered management to call me with what I consider retaliation. You can never do anything ever for me in the future. If you care able to check my lodging history you will see that I frequent Best Western in Ontario, California. As well as I frequent resorts and five star hotels. The roach is simply unacceptable. You have your tacky price list of detailed things you will be charged for if you take from the room. Seems to be all about a profit and you don't care about customer service.

Myself, as business owner pride myself on it. But instead I'm here feeling ripped off and somehow I feel the roach was my fault. And let me point out, I know that if this was a priority and management felt any type of remorse, he can arrange discounts, even free nights. But I will never step foot in another Best Western or anything affiliated. I never planned to and I never asked for a discount. I simply thought a roach in a lodging facility would be a concern. To think Motel 6 right next door was only $89.00.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I really wish that zero stars was an option here... The hotel staff at Best Western San Diego thoughtlessly left the bathmat rolled up and on the back of the toilet, my feet went instantly out from under me when I stepped in the shower. The only thing that stopped me from getting a concussion is my elbow which (1 week later) I STILL can't put any weight on. THE MANAGER SAID THAT SINCE MY ARM ISN'T OBVIOUSLY BROKEN THAT I AM "OK" and he offered no apology and no assurances that he wasn't going to continue to try and kill his customers via concussion. Suffice it to say I am pissed and will not be staying at Best Western ever again. Please check that your tubs have traction before you or your loved ones injure yourselves due to BEST WESTERN'S NEGLIGENCE AND MISMANAGEMENT.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Best Western at Linthicom, Maryland - I stayed at this hotel for five days from September 16 to the 21st, and it is one of the worst places I have stayed. The biggest problem there is the staff. There was one exceptional worker in the food services, Charlene, but other than that the workers there from the front desk to housekeeping were sub-standard. My room went untouched for a solid day. One of the other days only the beds were made and nothing else was cleaned. The trash was not emptied and no towels were replaced. When calling for towels, no one would bring them up and I had to go get them myself. I requested the sheets to be changed after the third day when the room was not touched. I was told it would be done. I marked the sheets and upon checking, the sheets were not changed. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Best Western at Salem, Oregon - Terrible, bedbugs, noisy, they didn't care that they were infested. Wouldn't even talk with us about a refund. We had to leave and go stay at another motel. The desk attendant was rude and distracted by his friends.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The management of this hotel, Airport Berlin, is completely and totally unprofessional and unhelpful. They indicate that they do not care that a customer is dissatisfied. NEVER SCHEDULE A CONFERENCE AT THIS LOCATION, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We stay here a couple times a year. Always a great experience. Large parking lot if you have a car trailer. Great continental breakfast. Clean rooms and property.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I booked 2 rooms at the Best Western and cancelled them. Later I was charged for the rooms and when I questioned it I was told the rooms were unable to be cancelled as they were prepaid. HOWEVER they did not tell me the rooms were unable to be cancelled so I thought I cancelled them. So I was hit with the surprise charge of over $200. I called Customer Care and they were defensive and non-cooperative and didn't really care. The manager at the hotel was rude and dismissive. I understand there can be misunderstandings. But I do not understand or appreciate the lack of customer service and dismissive attitudes. I would not suggest staying at a Best Western and especially not the Best Western OC Airport.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Friendly staff, free breakfast until 10 am and ok if you show up at 10 am at the attached Champs restaurant. Large indoor courtyard with pool and amenities. Game room, nice setup overall and lounge area with plenty of room.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

36hrs after making a reservation with the toll free number, I called the direct line for the Murphy NC Best Western. I wanted to come a day sooner due to evacuations in Florida and was told by the manager that they were out of dog friendly rooms. I told her that I was told by the reservationist that he checked with Murphy and was assured the reservation could be made. She informed me that I was lucky that I had not shown up at her hotel because I would have been turned away. I told her that I was evacuating with my 2 schnauzers and 2 granddaughters and had no place to go. She asked, “You don't want this reservation” and I said not if my dogs can't come. She told me, “Good luck with that.” Never use this company if you love your pets. Luckily we found a Residence Inn by Marriott in Shreveport LA which has been great.? to Western, there is nothing Best about them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I've been staying here for over 5 years, yet today when I checked in and begun to check the room I was truly disgusted. The sheets were dirty, the room furniture was dusty, curtains had stains on them and the carpet had stains and smelled like feet. In addition after complaining to the front desk they offered to downsize me to a smaller room as the other Queen suites were sold out. I will not only never recommend this hotel again but I will never stay here again no matter what.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Horrible place to stay!!! Rooms smell like mold! Some kind of bed bugs. After seeing all this after 20 mins of being there. We demanded our money back to leave and the front counter denied us and said we will not get our money returned. Never stay there. I will dedicate everything I have to make sure every social media is aware of you and your staff! Mark my words. All you had to do is refund my money! But no you wouldn't.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I am currently staying at Best Western Inn or better put, DISASTER WESTERN INN!! located at Niagara Falls New York. Today Tuesday 22, 2017 around 11:00 PM, I went with my family for some coffee and the person in the front desk was very RUDE. Her name is FIO (or something like that). She is an old lady and (if I am correct) manager of the cafeteria. I asked her for some regular sugar and she told me with an attitude, screaming that she didn't have any sugar. We also brought some bread and turned on the toast oven and she came by angrily to tell us that we can't use it (in front of everyone). We said we were very sorry and she still behaved in an undignified manner. I told her that I will report her and she said she didn't care because to her, we were "greedy".

This was an insult to us because the only thing we were eating from the hotel at the time was jelly and butter that was made available to us in the first place. Plus, there was another family who were there with us and they said that they will be reporting her as well. Regardless, she insisted that she didn't care. I strongly believe that this person lacks proper manners to speak with customers, and that you should have a meeting or a serious conversation with this woman. Her behavior is completely UNACCEPTABLE and RACIST. Thank you for all you can do and I would like a follow in this case.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I stayed at the Lincoln Best Western Hotel over the weekend and it was terrible. Residents next door to me smoked ** all night and a dog barked at night and the beds wasn't clean well and the worst part about my stay was the towels were filthy. I got some more towels from the front desk and they were dirtier than the ones in the room. I don't think I will be back at this hotel.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Stayed at a Best Western in Paris. Fell out of the bath tub because there was no non-slip mat or non-slip surface in the tub. Strained my back (with which I already have issues), acquired extensive bruising on back of legs, thighs and arms, and was in considerable pain. Not only complained to the hotel manager but also contacted several entities in Paris and Best Western in the U.S, including the legal department. I was given the brush-off by everyone. Here's the bottom line that you should know: Best Western does not own or operate any Best Western branded hotel; each hotel is independently owned and operated. So, good luck if you should fall or have any other serious injury or issues.

Original review: July 25, 2017

There was no one at the desk when we arrived. They were not there for a good 15 minutes at least. My husband had to call out hello and open up the office door. At this point a rude woman on Her cell phone comes out and gets mad. At check out I had to wait for service about 10 minutes. They later charged us for smoking in the room although neither one of us smoke and we had a 3 yr old and ten month old with us and they said we left ashes everywhere. Complete lie and I happen to think the first rude woman had something to do with it.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I made a reservation using an offer code for $34.99. When I arrived at the Boomtown Casino Reno NV I was presented with the sign in bill which had the room billed at $80.99. I advised the clerk that the price was wrong and I showed the offer code. The clerk advised it would show the correct amount at check out. At check out the bill still showed 80.99. The clerk fumbled to try to change it for approximately 15 minutes. I complained to the manager and he said sorry and did nothing else. When I got home I called customer service at Best Western. The customer service rep who I spoke to sounded disinterested and did not take the complaint as described and passed on to the hotel that the complaint was just the bill was wrong.

The manager I spoke to at the hotel who was supposed to fix the issue was short and again did nothing to fix the problem. 10 days later I still have two bills on my card. One for the correct amount and another for $103. I again called customer service at best western and again get a customer service who not only would not listen to my complaint but would not connect me to a manager until I demanded she do so. Customer service at the hotel and at best western is the worst. Do not give Boomtown your credit card!

Original review: July 23, 2017

Just wanted to save everyone else the hassle. Checked in & rooms seemed clean. Later that night we found out it was infested with BED BUGS!!! Reported it to management, who handled it poorly & seemed unconcerned. Didn't care about where we were going to stay at such a late hour. Nonchalantly mentioned that they spray so are obviously aware of the problem. Ended up having to stay in a hotel above our means, costing us extra $, our peace of mind and our bed pillows.

Original review: July 19, 2017

On 07/16/17 I checked into the Best Western in Richfield, Utah at 3:17pm. I was impressed with how nice and clean the room was. Much later I retired to bed. Later in the night I was awakened by the guest across the hallway. They were in the hallway yelling at each other. Nothing was done about the disturbance caused by these people, waking me from a sound sleep. Finally these people went back into their room and did not come back out until the next morning. At 0545 am. I was awakened again by these same people in the hallway outside my room yelling at each other. By then I am upset and mad over this. Again nothing was done to quiet these people down. I suspect the reason nothing was done by the desk clerks was because the clerks and the guest are of the same nationality. I'm guessing they are all from Pakistan or a country like that.

When I attempted to complain to the desk clerk demanding to know why he couldn't control his guest he could tell I wasn't happy. That is when he decided he doesn't understand English or could he speak it. That is when things really went down the tubes. When someone does that, that infuriates me. It's nothing but a cheap way not to handle the complaint made by me. I lost it and began telling what I thought about him.

As I was walking away, a man of the same nationality asked the clerk what was the problem. That was when the clerk decided he could speak English telling the person that was cleaning the rooms that the problem is "that old man." The clerk then began yelling at me to check out and get out now. I did so after a few choice words from me. This could have been avoided if those clerks would have handled the problems from the night before and that morning. Just to add, shame on you people for hiring persons from out of the United States. They are nothing but a problem, NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I've stayed at the Best Western Inn & Suites in Tavares, Florida, numerous times over the past 13 years. Each time I've stayed over the past three years, there have been negative issues during my stay. At each visit, I have been told they are going to "upgrade" the facility. As of July 2017, they have done nothing noticeable to improve several negatives. The mattresses HAVE to be the originals installed around 2004, and are no longer comfortable. During my recent visit in July 2017, as well, I found the first floor elevator button not working.

The ONLY person on staff when I arrived for check in, had to go around through the hotel maintenance room, enter the elevator from the backdoor, and open the front elevator door to let several other guests in, as well. This had to be repeated over and over again, between the single employee enrolling several new guests at the front desk. Two days later, the first floor elevator button was STILL not working, and we were promised the elevator company would be here to fix it the next morning. It was never fixed during my week stay. In short, this hotel is no longer recommended by me, nor is it on my list of reliable, comfortable, and sanitary places to visit. Regretfully, I give this hotel a low rating.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I am a Diamond Select member and for the past 3 years I have stayed at a Best Western hotel in Athens, Texas for business, an average of 6 times each month (average of 72 nights a year) and have given that hotel (a town of only 12,000 people) high ratings for their customer service, cleanliness, internet, breakfast, etc. Plus their cost per night is usually < $100.00 per night. I have never had any major issues with the Best Western in Athens, Texas. The small issues were always quickly corrected in a professional manner. Everyone is always very professional.

However my experience was different at the Best Western in Pensacola, Florida where I stayed for 3 nights for a family reunion trip during Blue Angel weekend. The average cost per night was ($150-$210) per night which I was told was due to it being Blue Angel weekend. Based on my years of experience at the Best Western in Athens, Texas I was expecting for the Best Western in Pensacola, Florida to be at least as nice as the one in Athens especially considering the cost per night was 2x the amount. I was wrong.

These are my complaints: (1) Pulled back the sleeper sofa and it had wet urine on the plastic part of the mattress (2) The AC sounded made a loud noise each time that it turned off like it was about to blow up. No wall thermostat. (3) Different directions for connecting to the internet for my laptop, Apple products, etc. Never had to do this at any other Best Westerns in Texas, Louisiana, California, etc. They may need to consider getting rid of that Cox internet and going to something like Spectrum. (4) The lobby area was cluttered. Did not look professional to me. (5) The doors on the closet was jammed even though the maintenance man was nice about unjamming it. The only professional thing about this hotel was the breakfast lady who was there Thursday and Friday morning.

Maybe the hotel management in Pensacola needs to come to Athens, Texas to see how they are able to run a very professional always clean hotel in a small country town for half the price of a Best Western in a beach town. Also, they are going to raise the price for Blue Angel weekend, they need to make sure that they have enough people to clean the rooms properly.

Original review: July 5, 2017

We live in a very popular and pretty beach resort, very close to the beach (Myrtle Beach S.C.). My husband and I drove the 2 hour drive to Wilmington N.C. for he wanted to see the Battle Ship there. We found and stayed at a hotel in Leeland N.C. (Best Western Plus). From being there the very first stay, we loved it. The rooms were cleaner than most rooms in Myrtle Beach (I was a housekeeper at quite a few hotels over a 20 year period). The front desk clerks (Mandy, being our favorite) were awesome. The girls went way and beyond taking care of our every need. We didn't know about the reward points until recently, and we've been regular guests for about 3 years. We signed up for the reward points, for we know prices really rise during the summer.

We stayed there for our honeymoon last summer (July 1st). It was wonderful. We decide to go back, after several stays, for our 1st wedding anniversary for 3 nights. My husband used up all his vacation leave (paid days off) when I had surgery 3 weeks ago. We couldn't do a lot during our anniversary because I was still in pain and weak. But just being at the hotel (being clean), staying always in the same room; 107, having the little bar within feet, an exercise room very close, coffee anytime, and waking up to a very nice w/o.en attending a good breakfast (included in stay at room), although they should add a little more variety as most hotels here do.

When we made reservations, unfortunately Mandy no longer worked the front desk. A lady gave us our AARP, plus what my husband brought to my attention a few days prior... that being an e-mail for a free night or $50 off at Best Western. The timing couldn't have been better. She also started to give me a price and adding our e-mail discount to it. But she stopped and mentioned something about a black ---- period where the rates go up. But she followed by "don't worry”, as she was mumbling something about the dates, don't worry, this doesn't apply to you. Yea, fantastic, let’s pack.

Little did we know, we were lied to, ignored, humiliated. And I just had surgery, plus this is where we choose to relax and celebrate our anniversary, not getting stressed out, as I did. Plain and simple, those people at the front don't care if we ever return. They only care about "The Almighty Dollar". They need to retrain the asst. manager on how to treat guests (that's what her name tag said). When we received our receipt (slid under our door)??? I was shocked! The price that was given over the phone (before we used our gasoline to drive 2 hours, losing w days of my husband’s pay), was about $100.00 more! When I asked the asst. manager??? Why... she looked at me as if I didn't make any sense, in her robotic answer and concern.

I explained to her what the front desk lady said and quoted us. She continued to say she was wrong. The point is, we may have made a different choice of locations for our special day, if we'd have know. We went by the given price before we left!!! She should have honored that price, but didn't. Instead she wanted me to get hold of the e-mail and get a number for her... blah blah blah… for Christ’s sakes; we're on vacation, not to do her job and their mistake. Stress is not good for recuperating after surgery! It was like talking to a wall.

Years of working in hospitality industry, I did learn a few things and one was not to argue with the customer. So now we go home and check our mail and bank acct. Best Western took out the first given price before we left to come here. This was on June 21st. Then Best Western took out the price change when were go and when we arrive, being $550.00. Not only is it proof that we were given a lower rate when calling, but you charged us twice, which is illegal. Our once beautiful place will be no longer. There needs to be a change, and by reading these horrible reviews, not only could you lose us, but guests and word of mouth and not honoring what is right, can wipe the reputation of your hotel right off the map! I'm doing a dispute with my bank this morning, not with the second price given, but the higher! I'm writing the Corporate Office and keep going!!!

Original review: June 29, 2017

On 24 & 25 June we stayed at the Rayne LA Best Western Hotel. While checking in the desk clerk, Blake **, notice my mother was in a wheel chair and arranged to change our reserved rooms so that we were able to have connecting rooms, one of which was for a handicapped person. We would like to give our highest commendation to this employee for his quick and helpful customer service, making this stay a pleasure.

Original review: June 16, 2017

My husband and I checked into the Maple City in Hormel for three nights in order to attend a class reunion at Alfred University. Except for the rug being consistently wet around the air conditioner, everything went well until we arrived home in Queens when I discovered that a pair of diamond earrings that I had packed was removed from the top compartment of my luggage. That morning, before we left the hotel room we went over with diligence what we had packed. We left the room at 6:00 am to have some breakfast. Then we loaded the car for our trip home. The both of us had been out of the room for 10 -15 minutes. Unfortunately, any pleasant memories of the hotel were overtaken with anger over the theft of the earrings.

Original review: June 15, 2017

We arrived to Best Western Hotel. As we are checking in told us we had to pay them another 110.00 for transportation to Disney Parks. I even asked them before we booked and they said it was complimentary. They were rude when we questioned it and our stay was terrible and expensive.

Best Western Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Best Western was founded in 1946, and by 1963 the member hotels comprised the largest motel chain in America with 699 hotels. The company’s headquarters are in Phoenix, and there are over 4,000 hotels associated with the company worldwide.

• Rewards program: Travelers can sign up for the free Best Western Rewards program and earn points towards free stays. There are five status levels for rewards members, but Best Western makes it easy for travelers to achieve an elite status. Though the Status Match… No Catch program, this chain will match travelers’ elite status in any competitor’s loyalty program.

• Special discounts: Members of AAA, CAA and AARP receive a discount when they book a room through the Best Western website and provide their membership information. Best Western Rewards members can get these discounts in addition to their rewards discount. Best Western has been named the AAA/CAA Partner of the Year every year since 2008.

• Team travel: Best Western’s Home Team Advantage program offers discounted group rates when traveling athletic teams book four or more rooms. The individual making the reservations can receive this discount by simply clicking Home Team Advantage when making the reservation on the Best Western website.

• Charitable activities: Best Western For A Better World is the company’s charitable program, which focuses on education, poverty and disaster relief. The education program offers scholarships to students studying for careers in the hospitality industry, and the poverty relief program partners with Kiva and World Vision to offer microfinancing to entrepreneurs in developing nations.

• Website: Travelers can easily book a room on the Best Western website, which has received gold in the Best of the Web Awards from Dynatrace every year since 2011. On the website, guests can quickly see room rates, special offers, hotel amenities and even whether or not a particular hotel is designated as environmentally friendly under national or local standards.

• Best for: Best Western offers deals to retirees, frequent travelers and large groups. Individual properties have different amenities, so the best way to see if the brand meets your need is by visiting the website.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs