2.15/5

516 Best Western Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We love Best Western and have been rewards members for years. Although it has been a mystery as to how to use our points till now. We called the Piedmont, NC. hotel on Oct. 18th and finally after 4 years we were able to use our points for a very nice room. Nice person at check in and great breakfast. We noticed when we reached our room that across the hall was an electric cord going from one room to another. When leaving the next morning we stepped into hall and the rooms across the hall were being opened up and hot steam came out. I asked the man opening the door if it was for BED bugs and he said yes but that it was regular maintenance preventative. Needless to say when arriving home I undressed in garage and washed everything in my suitcase as well. Very scary. Is this indeed new maintenance procedure? Or should I be concerned that I may have brought home bedbugs?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Arrive Friday 12 Oct. 2018 for an ADA room for 2 nights. We were advised the elevator was broken and would not be fixed until the following week, and if we wished we could cancel without charge. They also informed us all motel/hotels in the area were fully booked. I checked 3 or 4 and they were fully booked. I was offered an $18.00 a night discount. ($99 instead of $117 a night). They are an 80 unit motel with 2 ADA rooms. Ours was on the 3rd floor with no elevator. The stairs at one end of the hall (closest to our room) was NOT ADA COMPLIANT, it had carpet for the steps and only had a handrail on one side with rough stone walls, where any slip, trip, or fall could be very painful.

The stairway at the far end of the hall did have handrails on both sides with vinyl stair treads and rough stone walls. The exit we had to use had brick stairs with rough concrete handrails. No ramp was near the exit. While the staff was polite and friendly we will never stay here again. IT IS TOO DANGEROUS FOR MY WIFE WITH A STROKE AND RIGHT SIDE TOTAL DISABILITY.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I very seldom have any issues with Best Western hotels, but I am compelled to report this matter for the sake of the consumers, Best Western and its reputation. Recently 9/7—9/9, my wife and I, stayed two nights at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, 3600 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA. 93422. On arrival in room number 229, as we were getting settled, we were disturbed and alarmed to find a used condom wrapper in plain sight next to the nightstand. We began to wonder if the rest of the room was clean, which it appeared to be. So, we graciously dismissed it as an apparent oversight of the housekeeping personnel. We immediately took the used condom wrapper to the lobby to report the incident to ** at the front desk who was surprised and offered us another room which we declined, because he specifically gave us that room for its quiet location.

However, the second night of our stay on 9/8, we were very rudely awakened at 2 am. After peering through the peephole in the door, I couldn’t believe my eyes. To my astonishment and surprise there was a group of 8-10 college students sitting in a circle on the floor right in front of my door partying, laughing, talking and carrying on so loudly, with no regard for sleeping guests. I opened the door to express my anger and immediately they left. My wife and I, now upset could not get back to sleep for the next hour or so. If there was a security camera to monitor the hallway, management could have done something about this.

I sent a email complaint on 9/12/18, to the Best Western regional manager Raj ** who actually works for Core Hotels, LLC out of San Francisco, who owns and operates numerous hotel chains. I have not received any acknowledgment. I then sent the same complaint on 9/15/18, to Core Hotels, LLC and still have not received a response. I will never stay in a Best Western or any other hotel operated by Core Hotels, LLC. They obviously do not care about their guests.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Worst example of Best Western Hotels that I have ever seen in my life! The whole hotel is a construction site! This hotel should not even be open to the public. It’s dangerous and very inconvenient. Only one elevator works and the whole parking lot is filled with building materials. Worst hotel experience I have ever had! I would not stay here again if they were giving rooms away free! Makeshift front desk that is a joke! Why would Best Western allow this?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I called the toll free number to determine how many points I have on my rewards account. I was greeted by a lady (I'm being nice when I call her a lady) named Farris. She asked me several question for security reasons. When I refused to give her my phone number, she stated she would not be able to help me any further. I told her I did not want them to sell my info, so there has to be another way to verify who I am after asking me my full name, e-mail, home address, where was the last place I stayed. Now keep in mind I travel 45 weeks out of the year. So to remember where I stayed last?? Really??? When I asked for a supervisor, I was told she would give me to a supervisor. I told her I would call right back and ask for a supervisor that way or better yet would it be better I called the CEO. She laughed and said hold on... Farris desk partner got on the phone and she gave me what I wanted to hear. I hung up.

I called the CEO office Mr. Kong, I was told he will not talk to customers. (Now how does this guy get paid). I asked Stacy would it be better to call him on his cell number which is **, she stated I can do what I want. I asked if I should post his phone number on the internet for everyone to see, she stated, "You are free to do what you want." She hung up on me. Great customer service. I have decided to cash in my points and will move on to another hotel that wants someone who travels as much as I do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have been a BW Platinum customer for 5 years. I travel 21 weeks out of the year mostly for business. I decided to book a personal trip for Labor Day this year. The hotel was 440.00 for two nights. Don’t normally do this but decided to check out Travelocity. Turns out the same hotel was being rented for 240.00. I called BW and told them I could book the same hotel for ½ of the rate. Their response was, "You should have book through them." I feel they have no loyalty to their customers or they would have offered a competitive rate. Why should I pay more just because I am loyal to the BW brand?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Best Western Junction, Texas - I used BestWestern.com to book the hotel. After a marathon drive from Southern Colorado I arrived at the hotel - to be informed that they do not honor reservations made over the chain's website... "I should have called them!" How was I to know these country bumpkins don't know how to use the internet? I've elected to cancel my Best Western Gold Card and not use this chain in the future.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My wife and I were on vacation earlier this year and were trying to find a hotel in the Daytona Beach area. We started the search online and found availability in the closest Best Western Hotel for $66. I put in my credit card and reserved the room for $66 charge. When we arrived at the hotel we found that there was a $33 service charge added to the bill. I was not aware that the reservation was hijacked by CCI HOTEL GUEST RESERVATIONS. I could not find any information regarding this company online. Since I agreed to the charges, my credit card company would not stop payment to this company.

I am wondering if this company is an arm of Best Western just there to increase profits. I wrote a letter to the CEO and president of Best Western and have not heard anything back. I have seen similar complaints regarding this company online. After appearing at the hotel and seeing the $99 charge, I attempted to cancel the reservation but was told I cannot cancel. I always like to stay at Best Westerns because they were a high quality outfit. I think they are far more greedy than any of the others.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My husband & myself along with my brother in law who had his own room stayed at this location (Best Western Plus Huntersville, NC) from 7/21/18 -7/25/18. Only once was our room cleaned the way it should be. No vacuum, No Shampoo or soap. The king size bed was hard in the center and soft /lumpy on both sides, My brother in laws room was the same. The garbage outside by the back door was not emptied once and was overflowing onto the ground with odor. The girl working the evening shift spent her time eating grilled food with her male friends in the breakfast area (the men were drinking). The only good thing was the woman that took care of the breakfast, Theresea. She went above and beyond. Friendly making sure everyone had what they needed and even took our garbage when we were done and a very clean area. She should get a raise!

Original review: July 25, 2018

So we stay here often when we come to visit family! We continue to stay here because the rooms are always clean and service is great!!! Sadly tonight when we complained about our neighbors smoking weed and the bellman even agreed nothing can be done about it!!! Seriously! It’s against the law!!! Very disappointed!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I made a reservation through Priceline and paid in full prior to arriving. The lady named Taylor at the front desk in the Homewood, Alabama location, of State Farm Parkway would not let me check in with the passbook ID I have on my phone, which is state verified, nor would she let me give her a paper copy they sent me online when I originally ordered it. This was the last $100 dollars I had to my name. She then refused to give me a refund for the night's room I already paid for. It was extremely hot outside and I waited in the lobby trying to figure out what to do while she continued to press me as to what I was going to do. I'll never stay with or recommend this hotel to anyone. I am disgusted with such horrible service.

Original review: July 20, 2018

DONT STAY HERE! (Pontoon Beach Illinois) Their front desk was so disorganized. They were sent some paperwork they request from me prior to my arrival. So I sent it days ahead of time, So that check in would go smoothly when my fiance got there ahead of me. When he got there no one had knowledge of anything. Eventually after calling & questioning it suddenly it appeared. They refused to give me my preference of room. 2 double beds was the request. They would only give me a king. The manager Vicki made it clear to me that I was being punished because I booked through Priceline. Instead of them directly. It was not sold out! They had 5 cars in the parking lot. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! You have been warned!

Original review: July 16, 2018

Montrose W Ave - The supervisor had me and my children forcefully removed because of a shoe policy in the dining area where no signs were seen just word of mouth. Police were called. I have never been so humiliated and embarrassed in my entire life. The supervisor called the police again on me The next day. Said I was harassing the business by calling to speak with the manager, not one time did the supervisor ask for my name when I called to speak to the manager.

I have never seen such unprofessional behavior from a supervisor let alone the manager who never responded to my complaint from corperate. I WOULD NOT RENT A ROOM FROM THERE EVER AGAIN. My children were treated unfairly, it was not a family friendly place and the supervisor is very rude and the manager condones customers being treated unfairly and being disrespected by employees. No rules or written policy was given about shoes being worn throughout the hotel during my stay as a guest.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We made our reservation 4 days before arrival, I called the 800# to set our reservation for 6/22 & 6/23. Nowhere does it state the hotel is going through renovations, in fact it wasn't added to the website until I mentioned it in my complaint. The Sales Manager & Hotel Manager want you to know the renovations of the rooms were done in December - but mind you, the sink to wash your hands is in the bedroom far away from the toilet area - I only know because we went to look at the room to make sure it was large enough for the 3 of us.

My mother is a senior, who recently survived her 2nd heart attack only this time flat lined at the hospital, I was taking her back to our old "summer hang out" in Mammoth Lakes CA. However, the chemical stench in the elevator was so bad, my son and my mother both had asthma attacks. When I brought this to the Hotel through the BBB, the Sales Manager and the Hotel Manager both said it was altitude sickness, even though my mother confirmed on the phone with the booking rep at the hotel it was an asthma attack to the chemicals in the elevator. Additionally the Hotel Manager implied she sees this all the time with aging travelers.

Due to the policy in place with Best Western, they still charged us $91, because their cancellation is 24 hours before arrival. My point is, the rudeness, the accusations and the smell make this hotel company one of the worst in ethics and empathy. My mother agreed to the charge, but there was no other choice, either pay the half or pay the whole. Based on health issues, I would recommend moving to another hotel as fast as your car can go. Best Western isn't anything it used to be, and Hilton has far better rates, far better accommodations and a better attitude.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Travelers Beware. We made a reservation early Tuesday morning with the Best Western Hotels for a king size bed, pull out couch, and pet friendly room. We were traveling to Michigan from Connecticut with a 15 month old baby, a 15 year old child, and a dog. We received a phone call as we were walking out the door that our reservation was not available, and their establishment could only give us a non-pet friendly room with a king size bed, a desk, and chair. So our dog can sleep where? And our son can sleep in a desk chair? Stunned we contacted their corporate office only to receive empty words of apology and a bonus $25.00 voucher. How generous of them!!!

As a family oriented business we were baffled as to how they could so easily screw us over!!! As a result of their blatant error, we now will have to have our 15 month old in the car a lot longer than necessary. And after talking with their corporate office they probably could care less about what they have put our family through, but I want future guests to be aware of Best Western's Reservation practices.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Nasty disgusting BED bugs are my mother UP. I told her not to stay this hotel because it was dirty. The last time I went I refused to take off my shoes but she convinced me that they remodeled. Well of course they did remodel but only the lobby and decor apparently because my mom or are UP badly and then had to argue with the rep. I hated this stay first of all because the representatives were checking my kids arms to be sure that they had on wristbands in the pool. It is never that serious especially when you have bigger fish to fry like those bug bugs. I've always loved Best Western and have been a rewards member for years. It's the main place I would stay and refer others looking for quality hotel with good pricing. That is now over with. Your brand is now trash to me. I'm so glad I won't be stay in with you all on my Kentucky trip.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Booked hotel thru Hotel.com looking for pet friendly. This hotel was listed so I booked for 1 night. Had to prepay for room. When I arrived for check-in, I was told no pets allowed. The front staff reluctantly allowed me to stay knowing I could not get my refund back at this point. They put me in an all handicapped room which was ridiculous as the shower curtain could not close because of a permanent seating structure attached to the tub. I am not handicapped. To my surprise there were doggy stations on the premises so it was contradictory to what the front desk told me.

Next day I went to breakfast which was being cleared at 9:10 am. The laminated Guest Directory stated breakfast served until 9:30 am.The staff argued that the Guest Directory was incorrect and needed to be changed to 9 am. This was frustrating. Then I observed the employees of the hotel were eating in the breakfast room which is not professional when guests are offered breakfast. I could hear staff talking about the dog owner (me) within earshot. I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel in my life. When I asked to talk to a Manager, I was told he did not work on weekends .Staff was extremely rude! What a joke!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

My husband and I checked in to Best Western PLUS on May 27. The next day our room was not touched, (waste paper cans not emptied, no fresh towels, bed not made). The same day there were children laughing loudly and running around wildly, hopping up on the reservation desk, riding a scooter in the lobby area, and going into rooms with the housekeeper. The next day a child was seen lying on the clean towels on the linen cart! These were undoubtedly children of the housekeeper. I reported this activity to "Nick" who was most helpful, apologetic, and got us clean towels, fresh garbage bags, and said he would "take care of the problem". If it wouldn't have been for him "bending over backwards" to help us, we would have refused to pay our entire bill. (We had reservations and stayed for 2 nights.) We decided we will never stay in this motel again, and perhaps will not patronize Best Western motels again. Folio # ** Room # 215.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My husband and I checked into the Best Western Plus Airport in Shreveport Louisiana this past Friday on the 18th of May as we were attending a concert that evening. Check in with no problem. In fact they gave us a room upstairs because it was already available. The problems began when we got into the bathroom smells like urine, after having looked around I found out why, the toilet had a significant amount of urine on the bottom left and right side. And it look like it had been there for some time. We went on to the concert that evening, concert let out at 10, we returned around 10:30 back to the hotel, only to find there were no parking places!

There were two large trucks, one pulling a trailer and one pulling a boat, each one took up no less than 5 parking places then there was a motorhome coach parked long ways taking up six parking spaces! So we went into the clerk who was somewhat rude as she wouldn't even give me the courtesy of eye contact. Her response was, "I can't do anything about that," . We don't know who's parked there so I can't help you". I said, "Where we supposed to park, we paid $147 for this room and there's no parking!" She told us to park in the fire lane or a handicapped space.

We had no choice but to leave our car in fire lane. She really couldn't have cared less about the situation. Once we got into our room, looking down from our window, we watched as other cars coming in circling the parking lot also no parking places. They parked in the fire lane as well. When we got into our room that evening I turned on my bedside table and the only thing it did was strobe. It never would come just on my husband's turned his on and it's strobed just like the other and then his just went off altogether so we couldn't even sit in bed and read. $147 bucks,.. I'm curious what the "plus" is in their title!!

Couldn't have been more angry. Did not sleep well because of the car parking situation. So my advice is DON'T STAY AT THE BEST WESTERN PLUS AIRPORT IN SHREVEPORT, LA. THERE WAS NO BEST, AND CERTAINLY NO PLUS (unless you're talking about the extra pee, no parking, rude desk employee, and stroking nightstand lights!)

Original review: May 17, 2018

Ok let’s start from the beginning when I actually thought this hotel was going to be great... Started off with a couple calls to the hotel front desk where I spoke with a very nice young lady who lives on island. We talked about early check in and late check out times and I told her I would call back regarding booking. A couple hours later I called back to book and she asked me about being members or triple A members and she said she got us a great rate of $108 a night. I said, "Wow that’s good, what about taxes?" She says, "That’s included!" She then said, "Yes it’s a good rate considering it’s peak season and rates are normally 170 a night." I agreed what a great rate, she went over personal info and got my credit card info and confirmed the nights and we were done.

I waited for a confirmation email but did not receive one, so I called back 2 more times to request one and never got one that night. I called the 800 number and they stated the reservation was there but couldn’t send the email only the hotel could... but that my rate was different. I said must have been a mistake and I’d call the hotel in the morning since it was 10pm at this time.

Next morning I call the hotel to get the email sent and to get the rate fixed. The girl who answers gets the email sent which I get and I ask her about the rate. She said, "No matter what was said the rate is the 170 rate..." I ask her to speak with a manager. She states she is the front desk manager... I ask her if the calls are recorded and she states yes, so I ask her to listen to the call and have herself or her boss contact me...

1 hour later a man named KD or KB calls me saying he is the general manager and starts rambling off how the hotel never in its 20 yrs offered a rate of $108 a night and wouldn’t be able to stay in business if it did. I allow him to continue his ramble and state that’s not the point... And then I ask him if he listened to the call, he says their calls aren’t recorded...

I asked then why did your manager state that they were?!?! He then gets defensive (mind you I haven’t even gotten upset or raised my voice once) and he says, "I’m not going to get into it with what was said... I’m trying to fix this..." "Oh great, how can we fix this," I say... He says, "Well at this point it doesn’t sound like you’ll be happy here and we should look at putting you at another hotel?!?" Now I’m like WTH?!?!? He says he doesn’t think I’ll enjoying staying there?!? How would he know... Plus he never offered an apology or any way to “fix” the issue. He says, "Maybe you should just call corporate..." At this point I’m at a loss of words and say, "Yah I think that’s best" and hang up.

Well turns out this is the OWNER of this Best Western and guess what else? He CANCELED my reservation without my knowledge and didn’t even send an email or anything telling me that when I arrive in a few hours I won’t have a hotel to stay at!!! I contact Best Western who tell me this little bit of information which had they not this could have really been a big issues...

Do not stay at this hotel! Stay in a condo or anywhere else... Someone that owns a location like this and treats his customers the way he did should not be running a business! Never once did I expect the 108 rate once it was confirmed that it was incorrect. What I wanted was the rate that I got online that was cheaper than what I booked at... But not once did he listen or even offer to help... Sooo $10 a night just cost you a customer, bad reviews, and referrals.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had a reservation for a weekend while the Tulip Festival was going on. My son is getting married that weekend, and the minister was coming from out of town. We reserved the room for her - we live in town. The minister cancelled four days before the wedding, so I tried to cancel the reservation for a day that should have been very easy for them to fill. They stated that they were very strict on their no cancellation policy, so I asked for it to be commuted to a credit for use at a future date. They refused, telling me that if I couldn't use the reservation, I was out the $217.00.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I live in out-state Minnesota. Some times I work in the Minneapolis area three hour drive away. April 12th 2018 I checked into Best Western Eden Prairie Inn with reservations for two nights. The room appeared to be clean and in good order. I personally have a problem with the tiny pillows they supply but I was able to get some sleep. The morning of the 13th I proceeded to take a shower the fiberglass tub/shower. It had no rubber mat in the nor anywhere to be found. Sure enough when attempting to get out I slipped and hit my head on the wall and tub. While leaving that morning I informed the front desk.

Later that day a snow storm was entered the city so I decided to leave town early, checked out at 5:00. Got a receipt with one night charge on it. A few days later I see in my bank account they charged me for two nights. I called them and listens to their "hotel excepted policy" line about checking out after 4:00 pm so I asked them to send me a receipt. They said it would be emailed in 2 seconds, never showed up. Called them back, he said he sent it four times, I said, "Why did you send it four times", he said to make sure I would get it? All this is very fuzzy. I will never stay at BW again.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I booked two hotel rooms at the Best Western at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas on October 6th 2018 but for some reason on the booking form the date was changed to May 1st. I called the hotel twice to ask for a correction to be made and offered to pay for any difference but the manager would do nothing to help me.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My stay here was on March 7th 2018. This was a really good one cause we stayed only for a few hours. We checked in late but that's good. Then on the 12th we went and checked in late again. This was at 1 am. Now I'd think with a fully booked hotel I need my rest and get going the next morning. But now 1 am going into the room there was used silverware on the table and lights on. Just walking in I felt is don't feel right. We called front desk. The woman there was awesome. She came took it out and we agreed that would be it but, that was just the beginning.

I sat on the chair cause I felt uncomfortable. I said to my bf, "Ok I have to look at the bed." So I did and just took the sheets off and the pillow fell over with hair all over it. Then the sheet's a mess. I called the woman again and complain. Now there wasn't any more rooms at that time. So she changed the sheets. I could not thank this woman enough to make us feel comfortable. I know it's not her fault and Best Western seem to be underpaying their staff in order to have these issues. But back to it now. So clean sheets, now going in the bathroom to use the toilet there was splash all around it. Then called her again.

I can't think I am in this dirty room and all that. Come to find out it's a handicap room. Then there was someone in the room who they thought were in the room for two days. So they never cleaned it. Just fixed it. Then we try and work on it. I try to see it in a positive way. Then going back giving them another chance. This was the. 18th. Walk into the room. It was cold. I said, "I can deal with this." I just didn't want to complain again.

Now this tops it all. Going into the bed we found blood spots stained on the sheets!!! This was it. I went off on them and could not hold back. And there was nails on the floor and breadcrumbs. So the outcome to it all... we got back the money for the 12th after calling them for two weeks, and the 18th we got another room. But for this all I will never go there again. If need be I'd stay in my car than going back to this place. They need better management and cleaning crew. And better pay for these people. That's the only way I think the workers will do their job cause they all complain about it.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Roanoke Rapid, NC location was easy to get to from 95 N or S. We have stayed at this location about 6 times. The hallways can be noisy at times and the toilets are low. They are elementary height. But the free breakfasts are pretty good, about what you could expect at 2.5 rated hotel. The staff both front desk and housekeeping have been very good as well.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Oak Meadow Inn in St. Helens, Oregon - I had stayed at this motel a few years back for a week and was very happy with it so when I had to be in St. Helens again on business I booked a week at the motel. My second stay there was a disaster. The motel was doing renovations so there were cable and lights in the hallways day and night. The water was only lukewarm and three different times this was brought to the attention of the front desk with no lasting results. The breakfast bar was shut down on 2 different days due to an electrical problem with the hot bar. The hot tub was non-functional and this was a true disappointment as I booked this primarily because of the heated pool and spa. A very negative experience and I would not recommend this motel.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Best Western in Amarillo, TX, Santa Fe was the worst experience in a hotel. My husband and I arrived late evening. Sink was stopped up. In the morning toilet was stopped up. Employee at registration desk said, “No other available rooms.” Had to use bathroom, which had a hole in the wall, next to registration desk. When checking out, "Earl", said he would give us a 20% discount. While driving away I looked at the receipt. We were given a 10% discount.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Very good experience at Best Western Hotels El Paseo, Texas. They accommodated every need with a happy face. Breakfast there is free and was very good. The waffles were tremendous. Check out was quick and easy. We made reservations early and coming back on the road that day with no problems.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Their all over the usa and it's ok place to stay. I had good ones and bad ones. We had discounts on the account and the bad ones didn't recognize it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

They gave us a discount because we were there for a doctor’s appointment and surgery stay. Very nice lady at front desk to help check us in. We had very nice stay at Best Western Hotels Oklahoma City. They were very helpful and kind. Also clean room and bathroom.

Best Western Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Best Western was founded in 1946, and by 1963 the member hotels comprised the largest motel chain in America with 699 hotels. The company’s headquarters are in Phoenix, and there are over 4,000 hotels associated with the company worldwide.

• Rewards program: Travelers can sign up for the free Best Western Rewards program and earn points towards free stays. There are five status levels for rewards members, but Best Western makes it easy for travelers to achieve an elite status. Though the Status Match… No Catch program, this chain will match travelers’ elite status in any competitor’s loyalty program.

• Special discounts: Members of AAA, CAA and AARP receive a discount when they book a room through the Best Western website and provide their membership information. Best Western Rewards members can get these discounts in addition to their rewards discount. Best Western has been named the AAA/CAA Partner of the Year every year since 2008.

• Team travel: Best Western’s Home Team Advantage program offers discounted group rates when traveling athletic teams book four or more rooms. The individual making the reservations can receive this discount by simply clicking Home Team Advantage when making the reservation on the Best Western website.

• Charitable activities: Best Western For A Better World is the company’s charitable program, which focuses on education, poverty and disaster relief. The education program offers scholarships to students studying for careers in the hospitality industry, and the poverty relief program partners with Kiva and World Vision to offer microfinancing to entrepreneurs in developing nations.

• Website: Travelers can easily book a room on the Best Western website, which has received gold in the Best of the Web Awards from Dynatrace every year since 2011. On the website, guests can quickly see room rates, special offers, hotel amenities and even whether or not a particular hotel is designated as environmentally friendly under national or local standards.

• Best for: Best Western offers deals to retirees, frequent travelers and large groups. Individual properties have different amenities, so the best way to see if the brand meets your need is by visiting the website.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs