4.0/5 (388 ratings)

About Best Western Hotels

Best Western Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: June 26, 2022

Went on a trip to Killeen, Tx for my Husband’s birthday to see my Son stationed at Ft. Hood. My husband booked our entire trip through Booking.Com, our reservation was for 6/4-6/12. He picked Best Western Plus Killeen/Ft. Hood because we always stay at the Best Western Plus when we travel and I’m also a Best Western rewards member. Well we got there on Saturday 6/4 and everything was good. A few days in we asked for towels as we left. We were told there were no towels because they were behind on laundry. Not a problem. At this point we took care of our own trash.

On 6/9 we asked if our room could be cleaned. Was told by the front desk that there were no guarantees but they would leave a note for Housekeeper. When we returned the room had not been cleaned and the dirty towels and trash were still In the room. It was late and we just went to bed. The next morning on 6/10 we left for the day, this time we left the towels and trash in front of the door to the room which almost everyone on the floor had done. I didn’t like that option but we need to get the stuff out the room. Again when we came back to the room the room was not cleaned and my husband had to go back down to the front desk to ask about the room being cleaned and for clean towels.

When my husband talked to the front desk clerk, she was going to ask the housekeeper to come to our room; the housekeeper was already gone for the day at 2:45 in the afternoon….At that point my husband was irritated and wanted to make a complaint. Between the bad service and the washer and dryer being broken we had, had enough of the nonsense.

So while my husband was down at the front desk the front desk clerk was speaking to Wisdom the property manager on the phone. Wisdom asked the front desk clerk to place her on speakerphone so she could speak directly to my husband. She said that rooms of guest that were staying would not be cleaned and only rooms for check outs would be attended to. Ok, if that’s the policy why not say that at check in. The issue is that it was no service of any kind, no clean towels, no trash removal, NOTHING! My husband was beyond angry when he came back upstairs. At this point I had found the information for Best Western’s customer service. But I needed the manager's name so my husband went back to the front desk to get her name and came back with the General Manager’s card.

I called the customer service number, made the complaint and was told someone would call us from the property in 45 minutes to 1 hour after the complaint was filed. No call, my husband got a call on Tuesday 6/14, from Vanessa **, who had a nasty attitude from the start. My husband and she had a very contentious conversation, needless to say nothing was resolved. Also on 6/14 my husband’s credit card company contacted him about a new charge from the Best Western Killeen/Ft.Hood (the 3rd charge for the room). Previously on 6/10 he had spoke to Wisdom the property Manager about a charge for $1100 (2nd time they charged his card for the room) she said that it had been fixed.…but then after check out on 6/12 they turned around and charged his card a 3rd time. However, the trip was charged before we even made it to Texas, through Booking.com.

Bottom line when he talked to Vanessa ** the General Manager she was nasty, it took her 4 days to make contact with us about the complaint. And when he asked why had his card been charged for the 3rd time, she straight lied and said that Booking.com had charged him again and she didn’t see it in their computer. The credit card company said that it wasn’t from Booking.com but it was directly from Best Western Plus in Killeen. My husband had to file a dispute because the credit card company said payment had been made to Booking.com and that it had been processed a week before our trip.

This was the worst experience I have ever had with Best Western and personally, I will never go back to the one in Killeen. The amount of trash and dirty linen in the halls on every floor was ridiculous. It went from just in front of the rooms to snaking around the corner to being in the front of elevators on each floor. Like for real. That’s what the customers have to see all day every day the entire week we were there. It seemed like the Porter was trying to keep up but it was a lot of trash. My question is what do the housekeeping staff do??? However, in closing I do think the foolishness was just with this particular Best Western. Their management was the worst, nasty attitudes and lack of customer service. The silver lining is that the front desk crew Latoria, Aaron & Chance were really great, and Corey the Porter was extremely nice and helpful.

Safe Travels,

Nikkiah

Original review: June 16, 2022

Stayed at the Best Western Braselton Inn in North Georgia for a wedding this past weekend. I was woken up at 5:15 a.m to someone forcefully trying to open my hotel room’s door, I called the police and while I was on the phone with the police they left, came back, and successfully opened the door. Luckily I had the manual chain lock on so they weren’t able to get in. You can imagine how scared I was that someone kept trying then succeeding in opening my hotel room door. Right after they opened the door I told 911 they have to send someone, shortly after hung up and then called the front desk. Apparently it was the front desk that opened the door. According to the front desk someone walked into the lobby with a key that looked like it said my room number on it and claimed it didn’t work.

The front desk asked the man “are you Mr. *my last name*?” And the man said yes so they went with him to open the door for him. The front desk should’ve checked his ID or at the very least ask “what’s the last name on the reservation?” Or something along those lines, and not give out my personal info (my last name) as well as disturb our privacy. You can imagine how terrified we were when it felt like someone was trying to get into our hotel room. Not to mention that if we weren’t in the room the man could have just walked in and stolen our stuff. When I brought it up to management they apologized but said they couldn’t do anything for me. Same thing when I submitted a customer relations complaint to corporate. Just overall an awful experience. I would recommend a different place.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I am reading through all these comments and it seems as though the Best Western chains are all stealing money from their customers and I can not understand why someone is not investigating this. It seems pretty impossible that so many people have the same basic story and a bogus charge and no record of the charge or refund given. This happened to me twice. At a BW hotel in Oregon, I gave them my card for incidentals. They charged $50. Then between 3-4 in the morning there was another charge. The manager was not available so they would give him my number and he would call me later. When we checked out the lady at the desk said we were good to go. About 30 minutes later ANOTHER charge goes through my account. I called immediately and the girl that checked us out didn't know what happened, she was new and would have the manager call me.

When I finally talked to the manager he tried to argue with me but I wasn't having it and I was going to go back to the hotel and call my bank, show the charges in my bank ect. I'm pretty sure that is the ONLY reason my money was refunded that time. About a month later...we stayed at a BW in Bellingham. When I checked in I advised the lady I had a service dog (I was unable to find a comment box with the 3rd party I booked through). She asked me for the paperwork...(not legally allowed to ask me).. I advised her I have a letter on my phone I could show her but I didn't have a printed piece of paper. She refused it and charged me $20. AGAIN, between 3-4 in the morning another $20 charge went through my account.... When I got up and talked to the girl at the front desk she stated that there was no record of the 2nd $20 charge.... I PLAYED ** getting back money that was not supposed to be at all.

The MANAGER told me, he does not care about the ADA Law at that hotel. They could ask me whatever they wanted to and if I didn't like it to leave the property. I had to call bw customer relations to get the two $20 charges refunded and I at first thought they were going to be helpful. I wanted some resolution for the way I was treated and talked to. After about a month, many unanswered emails and calls I was finally emailed back by some CEO address stating that the specific property would have to compensate me for the untrained employee's misunderstanding..... LOL, remember the first story.... yep this one was also a new employee being trained. There was nothing they could do.

Did I mention they also tried to tell customer relations that the mirror in my room was broken. Good thing I take pictures with my TIME STAMPED camera before I left but nice try.... Then I'm reading all of these stories and they are all WAY TOO SIMILAR to be coincidence..... I'm filing a complaint with DOJ for the ada violations but I'm also looking in to the BBB or anyone else I can maybe have BW investigated. There is something very shady going on with this and it needs to be looked into. I will NEVER give my money to BW EVER AGAIN!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

In three recent situations at different Best Western locations, I received a confirmation e-mail which included total charges for my stay. The total indicated that it included taxes, fees, and extra resort charges, if there were any. After my stay and upon checking my credit card bill, the actual charge was slightly higher for each stay. A small matter of $3.-12.00 depending on location. I called the specific hotel each time, they checked my charges, and credited my credit card after some discussion. This completely satisfied me, but it simply should not be happening. I do not want to have to inconvenience myself with making the phone call and how many travelers does this happen to that simply don’t check for discrepancies?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Elevators getting stuck, bathtubs not draining, thermastat smoking then dying, no amenities cold breakfast, not enough or not refreshing toiletries, rude and impatient staff. Locked doors on stairwell.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

My work reserved my room for me at the 116 Regency Park Best Western back in August. My reservation misled me to think I had a late check out time. Well, evidently if you don't check out at your check out time they treat you like a criminal ASAP even when they have plenty of rooms available to check people into. The Woman Manager Walked me to my room like a police officer, because it had been locked with New key. She Watched me pack up all my things like I was a criminal. I needed to change, but couldn't. The woman Commented on how much I brought just for "one night." I was so flustered and rushed I left my Coldwater Creek designer shirt in the bed. I will NEVER stay there again. Enjoy my shirt, Bestern Western!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I seriously thought I had my bill all squared away the first night. Then 2-3 other people got into my account...added charges and proceeded to overcharge the card by $374.47! Then they claimed the first charge didn't go through. I said the paperwork shows it did! But they didn't listen and both charges went through! $231.00 and $374.47! Initially only crediting $137..and me having to hassle with the rest again! Then they had the nerve to charge me some type of $6 room tax from what they missed the first time! I am so mad! They better make this right! I would not stay at this place! Hotel was nice but workers do not know what they are doing at the front desk!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I reserved two rooms from Nov 10th to the 16th for a music festival. On the 15th after 1am one of the rooms was vandalized and one of my guests had her wallet and fanny pack stolen while my elderly DD sister was asleep in the room. Me and my guest who had her belongings stolen were enjoying our trip in my room at the time listening to music. Needless to say we were horrified that this could have happened, and made the trip difficult on us just trying to fly back home without her having any identification. What was a wonderful experience turned into a nightmare. Our greatest dissatisfaction was the lack of empathy we experienced from the hotel and even to this day nothing, not even from corporate. Their responses were basically it's Daytona. I'm sorry but that's not good enough for me after being violated by perhaps someone who was watching us.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Horrible service!! Charged a deposit and won’t return it and manager is very rude and disrespectful, I booked my room one month in advice and when I checked in they said they were overbooked and all they didn’t have double bed like o had reserved so they gave me a king size bed and manager say we only have this room in front of their washer and dryers so it’s going to be noisy but take or leave it!! I give them a one 1. The room was hot and smelled like wet towels.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The BW in Grand Canyon was outstanding, as was Salida, Colorado. My advice from experience is Stay Away from Best Western Airport in Albuquerque. There are cockroaches and mold in their hot tubs. My husband actually caught a cockroach and brought it to the front desk to show them. He did it discreetly, when no one else was there. They only allow you to book the shuttle while at the hotel, I often arrived late and have been told it’s full. I no longer stay there because there are so many other good choices near the airport. The hotel service has declined greatly since the new assistant manager named Jace started there. He cancelled my reservation at the last minute without any notification in retaliation of our cockroach complaint. It was a blessing in disguise. I also noticed that the laundry workers are the only ones without air conditioning in the triple digit heat in the summers, and brought that to their attention. I wish they had more integrity.

Best Western Hotels author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Best Western was founded in 1946, and by 1963 the member hotels comprised the largest motel chain in America with 699 hotels. The company’s headquarters are in Phoenix, and there are over 4,000 hotels associated with the company worldwide.

• Rewards program: Travelers can sign up for the free Best Western Rewards program and earn points towards free stays. There are five status levels for rewards members, but Best Western makes it easy for travelers to achieve an elite status. Though the Status Match… No Catch program, this chain will match travelers’ elite status in any competitor’s loyalty program.

• Special discounts: Members of AAA, CAA and AARP receive a discount when they book a room through the Best Western website and provide their membership information. Best Western Rewards members can get these discounts in addition to their rewards discount. Best Western has been named the AAA/CAA Partner of the Year every year since 2008.

• Team travel: Best Western’s Home Team Advantage program offers discounted group rates when traveling athletic teams book four or more rooms. The individual making the reservations can receive this discount by simply clicking Home Team Advantage when making the reservation on the Best Western website.

• Charitable activities: Best Western For A Better World is the company’s charitable program, which focuses on education, poverty and disaster relief. The education program offers scholarships to students studying for careers in the hospitality industry, and the poverty relief program partners with Kiva and World Vision to offer microfinancing to entrepreneurs in developing nations.

• Website: Travelers can easily book a room on the Best Western website, which has received gold in the Best of the Web Awards from Dynatrace every year since 2011. On the website, guests can quickly see room rates, special offers, hotel amenities and even whether or not a particular hotel is designated as environmentally friendly under national or local standards.

Best Western Hotels Company Information