2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

3.9/5 (419 ratings)

About Best Western Hotels

Best Western Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Western Hotels?

Original review: May 15, 2021

A manager named Tammy was so patient and helpful beyond what is required or even expected from a manager. This was a very pleasant experience! I highly recommend this hotel and will book family with them in the future.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I've stayed at a number of Best Westerns over the years and I have never been disappointed. Of course, during WUHAN virus the breakfast in the morning was curtailed which was not good. Friendly people who want to take care of their customers.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Best Western is great, affordable, most Pet friendly. unless in Phoenix Az, then they're horrible. We travel to PPA and back staying in B.W. with our cats, until Az, then they were rude and not one hotel would help us. We called all in the Phoenix area and surrounding. it was a night late.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We stayed at the Willmar, MN location. The staff was friendly. The rooms were neat & clean. A pool, hot tub & restaurants were within the facility. Other restaurants were close by. They had a nice selection of breakfast foods considering the restrictions.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Overall, it was another pleasant weekend at the Best Western Plus Hudson Hotel, located in scenic Wisconsin. The entire staff worked as a diligent and respectful team in order to maintain the upkeep of the swimming pool, kitchen buffet area, front desk, and finally the luxurious private suites. My room was both pristine and sterilized, which reflects positively on the cleaning crew. Extra sanitizer was available too. In addition, everything was in working order, including the Fitness Center, Business Center, WiFi, T.V., electricity, and my favorite, the fancy Keurig coffee maker. At some hotels, when these item and amenities are not up to par or functioning properly, it can certainly disrupt the productivity levels. In Dubai, my hotel didn’t have any water, for example. There was ample parking and security which is reassuring as well.

On an optimistic note, the morning breakfast buffet was so delicious! We were given choices of the following: chocolate orange muffins, sweet chilled cranberry juice, and cereal to ham/cheese sandwiches, cinnamon twists, and a variety of fruit. For all you amazing tourists, Hudson is wonderful for sight-seeing, fishing, boating, shopping, water skiing, and creative art shows. My favorite entertainment is to board the Grand Duchess or Afton Princess for an afternoon cruise. It is a breathtaking experience indeed. In short, I highly recommend the Best Western Hudson Plus Hotel during your travels or just for a fun getaway weekend. In the end, you will be highly satisfied with this affordable lodging choice. If you are a member of their Rewards Loyalty Program, you are automatically eligible for these perks: extra points, monetary promotions, and discounts. Ask for April, she will gladly assist you! Great service!

Original review: July 28, 2021

Made reservations online. Missed a day of stay. Called hotel directly. They say they corrected reservation for me (emailed verification). Showed up to check in, no reservation. Said it was canceled by third party. Called customer service 3 times. Not their problem, deal with third party who canceled in their own system. Third time spoke to customer service supervisor (James) who would deal with matter personally and respond. Never heard from them again. Moral of the story, when you make a reservation with Best Western, maybe you have a reservation, and maybe you don’t. You’ll find out when you get to the check in desk. I personally don’t roll the dice when I travel, so Best Western is out!

Original review: June 12, 2021

This company took my money after telling me I was local and couldn’t check into the room. The lady took my id, scanned it and told "NO LOCALS!" I made reservations 6/3/21 at the Fort Wayne location after the lady told me that I wouldn’t be charged. I look on my card YOU CHARGED ME!! Top it off I finally get the reason from management today. "it shows you checked in sir. Not only that after looking into the situation you went to the one in front of us!!" "My gps brought me to the one in the picture ma'am!" "I'm sorry sir. We cannot refund your money as I've explained to you..!" A week later after you take my money and calls to corporate care center after care center a complete run away!! I need call!! **

Original review: June 7, 2021

I've been a rewards member for years but have to use another booking site to save hundreds, literally hundreds of dollars on a booking for my upcoming vacation. It's shameful of Best Western. I enjoy the clean rooms, I don't enjoy being fleeced.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I want to start off by saying that staff were kind, caring and friendly. Which is about the only good thing I have to say about this Establishment. We were in town for a baseball tournament, which is very common for this hotel and area as the Bettplex is not far. We had planned a 3 night stay and only lasted 2.. Our first night we checked in late afternoon went right to baseball and didn’t return until close to midnight.. Our room had an odor but the air had not been on or circulating so we assumed it was just stale old hotel room smell. We went to bed turning the air on.. We figured out quickly that the air was broken and no air was circulating at all. We did have windows that opened so we were able to open them. However it was raining overnight so we couldn’t get good circulation.

When we woke up the next morning as we were cleaning up around the room and opened the curtains we found A DIRTY DIAPER behind one of them. Everyone one in our room is over the age of 9.. We do not use diapers.. We went to the front desk and they told us they were unsure if they had another room for us as there were lots of tournaments going on.. The hotel was not very full, I’ll just add… They did end up switching us rooms around 12 or 1 that day.. Talked with head manager Michelle and was told she was comping our room for that night..

We went to the new room and the air was working. We moved our stuff and went on to our baseball games.. Came back around 7/8 that evening and found that next to the bed was shelled sunflower seeds like someone was eating them and spitting them on the floor.. Also our bathroom sink was clogged.. Went to the front desk..management was not there but spoke with lead at front desk and they came and vacuumed the sunflower seeds up and sent a gentlemen to unclog our sink. He said he unclogged it, apologized for the inconvenience and left. We went to brush our teeth, sink is clogged again. The guy was back 3/4 times unclogging the sink..he was there until 11/12..We were tired went to bed..

The front desk said they couldn’t comp our room for this night but would give us 20% off because management was not there and they couldn’t make that decision.. Woke up in the morning and there was water under the sink and behind the toilet and in front of the shower.. and the sink was still clogged!!! Went back to front desk, management still was not there. The lady at the front said that she saw no notes that we were getting comped for our room the first night but that we did ask for it!!?? We could talk to management when she came in, which was later that afternoon when we would be at the complex having games.. I left our numbers and emails.. We never talked with management.. She NEVER CALLED.. They offered us a King jacuzzi suite but there was no way we were taking the chance on another gross room.

We checked out ending our little time away early, sad inconvenience.. We were charged $98 for a 2 night stay that should have not cost us a penny… I will never stay here again nor any other Best Western for that matter. The other guests in our party in other rooms had issues with Ants, leaks and toilets etc… When I was checking out the guy in front of me was checking out as well he stated he had pictures of things left on his hotel room floor that should have been cleaned, the lady at the desk said.."You should have shown us that at the beginning of your stay, as there is nothing we can really do about it as your checking out"… NEVER AGAIN….

Original review: April 27, 2021

I am very disappointed in this stay. I've stayed at this facility before and rated it very well. My most recent visit, not so much. My first night was met with a family or families running through the halls, falling down laughing and talking loud constantly and it was well after midnight. I thought that the next night would be better. Not so much. The guest on the 3rd floor were moving furniture, seemed to be wrestling across the floor, loud booms out of nowhere. It was constant. I went to the front desk and explained the situation to the clerk and it appeared that she became very offended that I complained about the noise. She alleged that they were about to eat because they had just ordered Papa John's and that's why it sounded like they were moving furniture. It was much more than moving furniture.

I explained to her that I needed to be up at 3 a.m. to drive to Chicago for my flight. She attempted to look up another room for me but only had a single King Bed. I am traveling with my 17 year old daughter and my 21 year old son. One bed will not work. She offered to call the room but told me that they may push back because quiet hours start at 10 p.m. That comment is very contradictory as I stated that the night before the family or families were allowed to make as much noise as they could and it was well after midnight until at least 3 in the morning. I asked the clerk for a business card and she gave me one with Celena ** name. I am not sure if it was her name as she was not wearing a name tag. I have had THE WORST TIME in your hotel this trip and I doubt very much that I will ever stay here again!!!

Best Western Hotels author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Best Western was founded in 1946, and by 1963 the member hotels comprised the largest motel chain in America with 699 hotels. The company’s headquarters are in Phoenix, and there are over 4,000 hotels associated with the company worldwide.

• Rewards program: Travelers can sign up for the free Best Western Rewards program and earn points towards free stays. There are five status levels for rewards members, but Best Western makes it easy for travelers to achieve an elite status. Though the Status Match… No Catch program, this chain will match travelers’ elite status in any competitor’s loyalty program.

• Special discounts: Members of AAA, CAA and AARP receive a discount when they book a room through the Best Western website and provide their membership information. Best Western Rewards members can get these discounts in addition to their rewards discount. Best Western has been named the AAA/CAA Partner of the Year every year since 2008.

• Team travel: Best Western’s Home Team Advantage program offers discounted group rates when traveling athletic teams book four or more rooms. The individual making the reservations can receive this discount by simply clicking Home Team Advantage when making the reservation on the Best Western website.

• Charitable activities: Best Western For A Better World is the company’s charitable program, which focuses on education, poverty and disaster relief. The education program offers scholarships to students studying for careers in the hospitality industry, and the poverty relief program partners with Kiva and World Vision to offer microfinancing to entrepreneurs in developing nations.

• Website: Travelers can easily book a room on the Best Western website, which has received gold in the Best of the Web Awards from Dynatrace every year since 2011. On the website, guests can quickly see room rates, special offers, hotel amenities and even whether or not a particular hotel is designated as environmentally friendly under national or local standards.

Best Western Hotels Company Information