1.0/5 (40 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2021

They got back to us after 7 months. What a process. Won't book with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

My girlfriends and I booked a trip to Vegas. When we made the reservation we picked the wrong flight home and realized it within the first 15 minutes after we made it. We cancelled it and rebooked literally right after we did the first one. We filled out paperwork for a refund. We were refunded two months later on our hotel but yet to have to be refunded on our flight. After speaking with Southwest airlines they refunded the company. Now the company is holding on to our refund!!

It has been since June of 2020. We had a representative tell us absolutely we get our refund back 100%. They have been doing nothing but putting us off and giving us the run around. Do not waste your money with this company! Southwest needs to dump them. It's terrible! All 5 of us are waiting.... Look them up on the internet! Do your research. They have hundreds and hundreds of unhappy customers when it comes to refunds. We need to start a campaign to have Southwest use a different company. Truly terrible.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Purchased the Travel Protection Plan. Worked with an agent to get the booking correct. Was traveling with another couple. They said they could coordinate our travel. Took several attempts to get the bookings correct. Names were wrong, the couples were not grouped correctly. Received flight confirmation approx. 1 month prior to travel. Names were still incorrect. Purchased Travel Protection Plan, had to cancel trip due to pandemic and illness in the family. Was told by Customer Service that the Protection Plan I purchased only allowed for a travel credit, not a refund. Was very clear with original booking agent that we wanted a Protection Plan that would refund our money not just provide a credit. Very disappointed. Highly unlikely I will ever use them again.

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2021

I received my refund. It took 7 months. Thankful.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Updated on 01/06/2021: I am still waiting on my refund. Now they are saying that they sent it to my credit card company and it's my credit card company's issue. However the credit card company has stated they have never received it. I do not believe Apple Vacations. You are best to stay away from this place altogether. There is a huge problem with this company and it's all over the internet.

Original Review: Do not use this company! I booked a vacation package with them and 15 minutes after I booked it I realized the flight home was the wrong one. I got back in and redid my reservation within 15 minutes. I got my hotel back but not my flight which was $1,100 for five of us. All I'm getting is the runaround. Southwest Airlines refunded them and now they're keeping my money for doing absolutely nothing. They are rude and they do not get back to you. They absolutely do not care about you. I put my trust in this company and they definitely did not deliver.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I booked with Apple Vacations last year, but due to the pandemic I had to reschedule. You have to wait hours before you get someone on the phone and once you do it's a complete waste of time. When I went online and reviewed everything I saw that I was supposed to receive 25% extra applied to my reservation. When I called to rebook for March 2021, I asked how much I had to spend and it was about $500 less than I originally paid. I don't understand how they punish you and take your money for having to rebook when there is a pandemic going on and it's not our fault we had to reschedule. Then when I asked about the 25% they applied it and I had what I originally paid?

I thought we were supposed to get the 25% on top of what we already have. I don't understand what they did to figure everything out, but I will never book through them again. I've called a couple times trying to figure things out and they said they documented everything so when I come back it's easier, it's not. Every person you get tells you different things. When I asked about a credit I received in my email, the one guy goes I already applied that and I know for sure he did not. If you ever have rebook, they take advantage of you and take your money. I will never book through them again, I've wasted countless hours on the phone for nothing to be solved.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Updated on 03/02/2021: Wow, my experience with Apple Vacations has been horrible. I booked a trip last year with them and ended up not going in my trip where they ended saying that I had travel credit. They told me one date without advising that the hotel had a different expiration date than the flight. When we finally figured that out with the customer service which took a month, now I am trying to rebook and have been asked to wait for a reply from the hotel. It has now been 2 more months trying to rebook. Their sales department continues to put me on hold and says they will call me back with no follow up. They say they need to talk to their refund department to get the credit to roll over. Is this even a real business?

Updated on 2/8/2021: I’m trying to rebook based on my conversation with the csr rep that ended up calling me to fix my last problem. She was great but now when I’m trying to rebook with my new reservation, it’s like we can’t get a hold of her and no one knows what’s going on.

Original review: I booked my Cancun trip in February for July to a brand new hotel. At the time we were supposed to go, the open date of the hotel was pushed back past our arrival date. We went ahead and cancelled for a voucher that was said to expire at the end of the year and a travel credit for February. When I called today, they said I had a credit of 2400 usd but they need to call the hotel. The hotel told them that I had to the end of June to use it. End of June... the hotel wasn’t open and they also were not taking reservations due to not knowing when travel restrictions would be lifted. Apple claims that there also was an extension to book by August. None of these requirements were disclosed at the time. Now I’m out the credit they claim. Poor communication and service by both Apple and dreams.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We have used Apple Vacations for over 20 years. Never a problem until 2020, we booked in January 2020 for travel in April, they canceled our trip due to COVID. Offered a full refund, however here we are in November, still nothing. We are out $4k and told, "Too bad. You didn’t have travel protection. Travel protection is not intended for when the agent cancels your vacation." What a racket! Do not book with this company. They will take your money and you will have nothing! Run!!! Do not give them a dime!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

After having taken many trips via Apple Vacations, I was surprised and extremely disappointed by the lack of customer service and inconsistent pricing experienced during this most recent trip booking. Instead of paying online the final balance, I called to ask some final questions of a sales agent and when given the amount owed, was told I owed an additional $577 but the agent could not explain what the extra charges were. She said she would investigate it the following day and would call back. She never called and never attempted to remove what seemed to be a call-fee charge that cannot be explained or removed. Despite 10+ trips using Apple Vacations, this is my last one as I will never do business with them again after the disregard for customer inquiries about unknown charges.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

My Trip to Mexico was canceled in July and I requested a refund and completed the necessary refund request. As of today’s date when I was suppose to leave for my trip I have to refunded. Chrissy L started I would be refunded before the end of the month and still nothing. I believe this is a fraudulent company.

Resolution response: Oct. 29, 2020

After some fighting over the issue, a supervisor contacted us and got the complaint resolved and refunded our money.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

We booked a vacation with the company Apple Vacations that was supposed to happen in May but was cancelled due to COVID. They offered us 25% on top of our vacation price if we booked another vacation through them. We were still hoping to do so at this time so we accepted. Now with COVID not calmed down we had requested our money back 90 days ago which was their timeframe for processing returns.

When we didn’t receive it we contacted the company and they informed us that they would not be giving us our money back because we accepted the extra 25%. This was never communicated to us previously, not once was it mentioned to us in the 90 days that we were waiting for our refund or did it mention in any policy. They showed extremely poor business ethics in dealing with this situation and I also feel are entrapping people, not just us to keep their money. This has put us in a very poor spot financially as we have been expecting this money for 90 days with them just sitting on it. They are taking advantage of us as consumers during this Pandemic.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Updated on 11/01/2020: We booked (paid for) a trip in June, 2020 departing October, 2020 and we had to cancel the trip. I cancelled the trip 30 days later July 28, 2020 (my wife and I lost ours Jobs). We bought the trip plus cancellation insurance and to Date Nov 1st, 2020 no refund was processed. On October 30, 2020 I get a voice mail stating they are processing a Visa (I USED American Express not Visa) TRAVEL CREDIT/ NOT A REFUND which may take 10 more Business days. I requested a refund not a travel credit. (What am I going to do with a travel credit if We can't afford to travel?)

Either the employees are inept or this company is really shady! CONSUMERS BEWARE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH APPLE VACATIONS. THIS HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE. ANY IS MY OPINION. They have put me through Hell. Wasting numerous hours on the phone writing emails, sending letters which only resulting in aggravation and stress. What Company treats their customers this way. If I had known or read a review like this this prior to booking I would not taken the chance to do business with Apple Vacations (ALG).

Original Review: We booked a Vacation through Apple Vacations on 06/24/2020 and Bought the Travel Protection Plus Insurance. We had to cancel the trip on 07/28/2020 and to date 10/14/2020 the funds have not been refunded to my account. It took them less than one minute to charge my credit card but can't find a minute to credit my account. I had made many trips with Apple Vacations and never had to cancel before. This leaves me fearing that this company may not be financially stable enough to make refunds. This concerns me deeply that we might lose the entire cost of the trip. We are hoping a representative from Apple Vacations reaches out to us to resolve our concern.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

In January I booked an all inclusive vacation to Aruba on July for our entire family ($33,000). Fortunately (I thought) I had purchased their " Insurance plus.

Aruba instituted Covid-19 restrictions which required us to cancel. On June 29 I requested my refund and received an email reply that my refund would be processed. Despite phone calls and long waits I have not received a refund.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

My husband and I planned a return trip to Jamaica for our 25th anniversary leaving on June 7, 2020. We were informed in May that due to the Covid-19 virus, our trip had been cancelled. Like most everyone else, we had purchased the travelers insurance. We are going into 5 months and have had no contact. I have emailed and called. All I get is a recording. I threatened a lawsuit in July if someone did not contact me with an update. I immediately rec'd an email apologizing and saying they were working on it. I sent another email tonight with the promise that as of Oct 15th I WILL be contacting an attorney. I understand that it is a hardship for their company having so many cancellations, but I have been patient and would like my refund. We have traveled with Apple Vacations in the past and are soooo disappointed in how this has been handled.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2020

After going back and forth I received my refund in under 20 days. I’m glad they took the steps to resolve my issue since I did pay extra for their trip protection. I would recommend that extra trip protection to anyone planning a vacation.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I had a trip booked for November and purchased the Apple travel insurance. We had to cancel. Now being told could take 90 days for a refund. I find this unacceptable as I purchased the insurance! There is no research that needs to be done. I had the travel protection, can cancel for any reason. My refund should be immediate! I went back and forth with a rep via email explaining I was very concerned about the negative reviews regarding refunds and I was told they are not as far behind. Again I’m not sure why there would be any delay in refunding a person who paid extra for the travel protection product. I will book nothing with them going forward as I don’t appreciate paying for an insurance product and still waiting for a refund. I tried calling but after the automated message it’s basically dead air for long time so I gave up! These transactions are done via a credit or debit card. It’s not difficult to refund those timely.

Resolution response: March 29, 2021

They gave me my money back right away after writing this review and filing a BBB complaint. They should do the honorable thing without me having to...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

They refused to refund me, then lied a few times saying they would, but still haven't and the last time I called and sat on hold for 2 hours I was informed they wouldn't refund me (after the last guy said I'd get my refund in a few days after being on hold for 3 hours). The airline canceled a flight, and even a basic traveler knows that entitles the customer for a full refund. They are a dishonest company and are trying not to give people their money back that is owed. Totally an incompetent and, in my opinion, corrupt company. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Run far away. Enormous hold times and unhelpful reps who say they'll work on your problem and call you back but never do. Will hold your money hostage and find some rule to keep you from using your credit.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My family had a vacation scheduled for August 1st to the Dominican Republic. All of us paid a lump sum up front and purchased the insurance policy. To date- none of us have received refunds, which we were told would be returned to us within 90 days of the Dominican (not us!) cancelling the trip. In June, still no refund. So- I called in and was told that now to get a refund we had to fill out a formal request which we all have done.

In the time of covid, people are in need of these funds more than ever- and it is so unfair that this company feels the need to hold on to money that is needed.

Each time that I have called, I have been told that they do not know why it is taking so long but yet cannot tell me or any of my family members where we are (if any) in the process. This was my first vacation experience with Apple- I will not be traveling with them in the future. Sad to say- this has been a horrible experience. If I could give them negative stars, I would!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I was booked to travel in April '20 but like many had to cancel due to Covid! I always purchase the insurance so I am entitled to a full refund of almost $3,000. I requested the refund on 5/5/20 and when I had heard nothing in four months I called the number they say to call. After two hours on hold I finally was able to speak with someone. They said that it showed I had requested a refund and that it was "in the process". Another month later and still nothing!! I will never use Apple Vacations again and will discourage anyone else from using them!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I booked a trip back on 1/04 for a trip I was planning on taking on 4/04. Due to Covid I cancelled my trip on 3/18 (well within their cancellation policy, and after I have consulted with their customer service). I submitted my cancellation request and I requested the refund (over 6K) on 4/8/2020 when I knew exactly that I could not go on a trip this year due to Covid. I was told it would take approx 90 days to process the refund. It has been beyond 141 days, and still no refund. I've called their booking line, left voicemails at their corporate office, and sent countless emails, and no one is answering and/or providing me a status on my refund.

The customer service representatives are telling me that they do not know why my refund was not yet processed. It is now mid- end of August, and I don't have my money. Paying for a service that was not delivered is called FRAUD! I need my money refunded to me immediately. This is unacceptable! It has been a very disappointing experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Reservation sw vacation package **. Had to cancel it the beginning of April. As we have shelter in place in California was told by Rosemary that it would be two to three months before money would be refunded to credit card. It is now August almost the end of August. We got a refund of a little over $1,000 which no explanation is definitely not the amount we paid. Numerous attempts to reach them. Unable to do so emails have been returned. Southwest says too can't do anything for me. This is fraud. I need something done now.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Booked a flight to Hawaii 10/2019 for 6/2020. COVID-19 happened and as of 5/2020 our hotel was closed and there was a mandatory 14 quarantine in place and even still is as of 8/2020. 5/2020 we had no choice but to cancel our family vacation as we had nowhere to stay and could not fly and be in airport terminal in quarantine for 14 days. Waited 90 days for refund only to find out travel agency shut down and Apple vacations did not get our cancellation till 7/2020.

Called and explained all this listed above and they proceeded to tell us we would get a refund minus $200 per person cancellation fee for flight. Delta stated due to Covid-19 they were not charging fees. So therefore Apple vacations is doing something with that $200 they are going to keep ?!?! Went back and forth and still have no refund and still arguing that they are not going to give us the $200 per ticket cancellation fee as we elected to cancel our flight. The anger and frustration in this already tough times is just unnecessary and unacceptable! Do not book with Apple vacations if travel ever resumes in this crazy world!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I booked two vacations in February 2020 for me and a couple of friends that were over $4000.00. To travel in the end of May to Cancun. On April 3rd Apple cancelled my vacation because of covid and offered a credit or refund. I chose refund, they sent me a email saying, "You do not need to do nothing but respond by email that you want a refund or travel credit," so I said I requested my refund. I was patient and waited the 90 days that they said it would take to get my refund. Well 90 days came and went so I started to call and email to check the status of my refund and I was getting the runaround by numerous employees.

So now I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and they are telling me they give 60 days for Apple to respond and it's going on one month and of course no response from Apple. I just can't understand how they could just take my money in a blink of an eye and now they can't even give it back within a timely manner. I hope that my credit card company can resolve this in my favor. I have never used Apple before and I will never use them again. I would not recommend using them for your travel plans. I was forced to give one star they deserve no stars as far as I am concerned.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I booked a trip back on 2/24 for a trip I was planning on taking on 5/26. COVID hit, and I cancelled my trip on 3/30 (well within their cancellation policy). I submitted my cancellation request and was told it would take approx 90 days to process the refund. It has been well beyond 120 days, and still no refund. I've called their booking line, left voicemails at their corporate office, and sent countless emails, and no one is answering and/or providing me a status on my refund. The last time I was able to get a hold of someone was on 5/15, and was told that they were just starting to process the refunds from March. It is now mid-August, and I don't have my money. They've taken my money and have not provided a service - THIS IS FRAUD! I need my money refunded to me immediately. This is unacceptable!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

My husband and I had used them in the past and all was good. However, we are disgusted with their response to Covid and how they are treating their customers. We were supposed to go on a trip with my siblings and their spouses in April 2020. They cancelled our trip due to covid and for that reason reassured us we would get a full refund. I called and they were of no help. However, my sister called and got a full refund on the spot and didn't even buy the travel protection like we did.

On March 27th I requested the refund and received an email from them saying so but it would take up to 90 days. They sent a shady email in June saying to either rebook for an additional 25% or put "refund" in the comment box. I once again asked for the refund and received another confirmation email. I emailed asking why after 129 days we still had not received an email. They said they just received it in June? They are apparently trying to count the 90 days from the second request? My husband then reached out to them on Twitter and I get a voicemail from some Linda in Wisconsin saying I can only get travel credit???? But you can't call back the number? I called customer service and have currently been on hold for 35 minutes. This is the most despicable, convoluted service I have ever received. We will have to get the bank involved unfortunately. I am truly disappointed as I thought they were better than this and even recommended people to using them in the past. Definitely not anymore.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

If I could rate this company less stars, I would. I booked an all inclusive vacation for a bachelorette party for four people. Paid in full upon booking. On the day of our vacation, we showed up at the airport only to find out our entire vacation was canceled. Immediately, I checked my bank acct only to see that no money was ever returned. I called the company. No apologies were given and I demanded to speak to the manager. Of course there was no manager available but I was promised a call back- HA! No call ever came. One month later, I'm still fighting for my refund.... ABSOLUTE DISASTER. Every call has been over an hour wait time on hold. Please save yourself from this headache and DO NOT USE APPLE VACATIONS.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have used Apple Vacations many times over the years and have always been pleased with our services. I recently booked a vacation (booked April 2020 for September 2020 ) and we had some serious “bumps in the road“ with Apple (mainly due to Covid-19.) At one point I was pretty upset and started looking at reviews which is how I came to this site. I was shocked at how horribly rated Apple Vacations was! I was certainly feeling the same way at that time and was very sad because I had such confidence in them. I’m writing a positive review because as of now, all our issues with this trip have been resolved and we are very happy with the way Apple handled things. I am sorry for others who’ve had bad experiences but for us, Apple Vacations is still our number #1 and I will continue to recommend them to friends and family. (Let’s hope I can still write this in September!)

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I booked a vacation to Jamaica to depart in April 2020 and I purchased the extra Travel Protection Plus insurance for an addtl $279.98 over my $3886.64 vacation. Due to covid the trip was cancelled and on March 22, 2020 I was given the option between a credit or a refund. I explained to them that I would be leaving on 5/12/20 for Army basic training and am enlisting for 6 years so a credit would not be in my best interest. I was told the refund would take UP TO 90 days to receive.

On July 1st (101 days later) my mom (also my POA) contacted the customer service center. They apologized for "their mistake" as they were not sure why the refund was not sent to me. The woman explained that she would do an expedited refund and it would take an additional 4 weeks. It is now 8/11/2020 (41 days later) and I have yet to receive my refund of $3886.64. When calling their customer service center, If I wish to book a vacation - I can get a representative immediately, but to discuss a refund - I am on hold for hours at a time then disconnected or sometimes get an automated system stating that they are now closed.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

American Airlines canceled my flight due to COVID-19 and issued a full refund back to Apple Vacations on my behalf back in mid-April. Apple Vacations has categorically REFUSED to forward my money back to me. THIS IS CRIMINAL!!!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I planned a Girls Birthday trip to Jamaica in July 2019 for May 1-4 2020. I have never used a travel agent/agency. I thought since it was a group of 14 using an agent might be helpful. Several ladies chose to cancel due to Covid and their line of work (medical). They reached out to the agent canceled with a $250 charge. They received a refund within 60 days. The rest of the crew decided to ride it out. We were eventually canceled due to the resort closing and the Jamaica borders closing. The agent contacted us on April 15. Advised that we would receive a full refund within 90 days because the agency canceled us. We are over 100 days and nothing. I have emailed them several times and I get a generic response. This is very frustrating. I will never ever again use a travel agent/agency. This experience has been very stressful. It seems as if they can keep $250 they refund within the 90 day window but if they owe you a full refund they are in no rush.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Canceled my trip on 03/17/20. I still have not received my refund. I’ve never had such poor customer service from any company like I am getting from Apple. Phone calls to them are useless. Only get recordings, on hold for hours and they don’t return your calls. I’ve been waiting for four months now for my refund. I have now called the BBB and now started a dispute on the charge on my credit card. What do you have to do to get your money back. No matter what Apple does for me now I will never use them again.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I do NOT recommend wasting your time. Go elsewhere. This is my first, only, and LAST experience with a travel agency. The resort we booked 5 months ago has been closed for over 4 months- and I learn this by calling the resort to ask a question about the room, 60 days before our honeymoon. I call Apple to see what's going on. I wait 77 minutes on hold. Representative takes my call and politely asked me for the necessary information needed to pull up my file. Then the representative said she'd need to put me on hold for "5 minutes"....I wait one-hour, fifty-eight minutes+ on hold. Then she CLEARLY TAKES ME OFF OF HOLD AND DISCONNECTS THE CALL. Insane waste of time. Disappointment is an understatement when all I am trying to do is give my fiance the great honeymoon she deserves.

Apple Vacations Company Information