2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My family had a vacation scheduled for August 1st to the Dominican Republic. All of us paid a lump sum up front and purchased the insurance policy. To date- none of us have received refunds, which we were told would be returned to us within 90 days of the Dominican (not us!) cancelling the trip. In June, still no refund. So- I called in and was told that now to get a refund we had to fill out a formal request which we all have done.

In the time of covid, people are in need of these funds more than ever- and it is so unfair that this company feels the need to hold on to money that is needed.

Each time that I have called, I have been told that they do not know why it is taking so long but yet cannot tell me or any of my family members where we are (if any) in the process. This was my first vacation experience with Apple- I will not be traveling with them in the future. Sad to say- this has been a horrible experience. If I could give them negative stars, I would!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I was booked to travel in April '20 but like many had to cancel due to Covid! I always purchase the insurance so I am entitled to a full refund of almost $3,000. I requested the refund on 5/5/20 and when I had heard nothing in four months I called the number they say to call. After two hours on hold I finally was able to speak with someone. They said that it showed I had requested a refund and that it was "in the process". Another month later and still nothing!! I will never use Apple Vacations again and will discourage anyone else from using them!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I booked a trip back on 1/04 for a trip I was planning on taking on 4/04. Due to Covid I cancelled my trip on 3/18 (well within their cancellation policy, and after I have consulted with their customer service). I submitted my cancellation request and I requested the refund (over 6K) on 4/8/2020 when I knew exactly that I could not go on a trip this year due to Covid. I was told it would take approx 90 days to process the refund. It has been beyond 141 days, and still no refund. I've called their booking line, left voicemails at their corporate office, and sent countless emails, and no one is answering and/or providing me a status on my refund.

The customer service representatives are telling me that they do not know why my refund was not yet processed. It is now mid- end of August, and I don't have my money. Paying for a service that was not delivered is called FRAUD! I need my money refunded to me immediately. This is unacceptable! It has been a very disappointing experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Reservation sw vacation package **. Had to cancel it the beginning of April. As we have shelter in place in California was told by Rosemary that it would be two to three months before money would be refunded to credit card. It is now August almost the end of August. We got a refund of a little over $1,000 which no explanation is definitely not the amount we paid. Numerous attempts to reach them. Unable to do so emails have been returned. Southwest says too can't do anything for me. This is fraud. I need something done now.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Booked a flight to Hawaii 10/2019 for 6/2020. COVID-19 happened and as of 5/2020 our hotel was closed and there was a mandatory 14 quarantine in place and even still is as of 8/2020. 5/2020 we had no choice but to cancel our family vacation as we had nowhere to stay and could not fly and be in airport terminal in quarantine for 14 days. Waited 90 days for refund only to find out travel agency shut down and Apple vacations did not get our cancellation till 7/2020.

Called and explained all this listed above and they proceeded to tell us we would get a refund minus $200 per person cancellation fee for flight. Delta stated due to Covid-19 they were not charging fees. So therefore Apple vacations is doing something with that $200 they are going to keep ?!?! Went back and forth and still have no refund and still arguing that they are not going to give us the $200 per ticket cancellation fee as we elected to cancel our flight. The anger and frustration in this already tough times is just unnecessary and unacceptable! Do not book with Apple vacations if travel ever resumes in this crazy world!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I booked two vacations in February 2020 for me and a couple of friends that were over $4000.00. To travel in the end of May to Cancun. On April 3rd Apple cancelled my vacation because of covid and offered a credit or refund. I chose refund, they sent me a email saying, "You do not need to do nothing but respond by email that you want a refund or travel credit," so I said I requested my refund. I was patient and waited the 90 days that they said it would take to get my refund. Well 90 days came and went so I started to call and email to check the status of my refund and I was getting the runaround by numerous employees.

So now I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and they are telling me they give 60 days for Apple to respond and it's going on one month and of course no response from Apple. I just can't understand how they could just take my money in a blink of an eye and now they can't even give it back within a timely manner. I hope that my credit card company can resolve this in my favor. I have never used Apple before and I will never use them again. I would not recommend using them for your travel plans. I was forced to give one star they deserve no stars as far as I am concerned.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I booked a trip back on 2/24 for a trip I was planning on taking on 5/26. COVID hit, and I cancelled my trip on 3/30 (well within their cancellation policy). I submitted my cancellation request and was told it would take approx 90 days to process the refund. It has been well beyond 120 days, and still no refund. I've called their booking line, left voicemails at their corporate office, and sent countless emails, and no one is answering and/or providing me a status on my refund. The last time I was able to get a hold of someone was on 5/15, and was told that they were just starting to process the refunds from March. It is now mid-August, and I don't have my money. They've taken my money and have not provided a service - THIS IS FRAUD! I need my money refunded to me immediately. This is unacceptable!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

My husband and I had used them in the past and all was good. However, we are disgusted with their response to Covid and how they are treating their customers. We were supposed to go on a trip with my siblings and their spouses in April 2020. They cancelled our trip due to covid and for that reason reassured us we would get a full refund. I called and they were of no help. However, my sister called and got a full refund on the spot and didn't even buy the travel protection like we did.

On March 27th I requested the refund and received an email from them saying so but it would take up to 90 days. They sent a shady email in June saying to either rebook for an additional 25% or put "refund" in the comment box. I once again asked for the refund and received another confirmation email. I emailed asking why after 129 days we still had not received an email. They said they just received it in June? They are apparently trying to count the 90 days from the second request? My husband then reached out to them on Twitter and I get a voicemail from some Linda in Wisconsin saying I can only get travel credit???? But you can't call back the number? I called customer service and have currently been on hold for 35 minutes. This is the most despicable, convoluted service I have ever received. We will have to get the bank involved unfortunately. I am truly disappointed as I thought they were better than this and even recommended people to using them in the past. Definitely not anymore.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

If I could rate this company less stars, I would. I booked an all inclusive vacation for a bachelorette party for four people. Paid in full upon booking. On the day of our vacation, we showed up at the airport only to find out our entire vacation was canceled. Immediately, I checked my bank acct only to see that no money was ever returned. I called the company. No apologies were given and I demanded to speak to the manager. Of course there was no manager available but I was promised a call back- HA! No call ever came. One month later, I'm still fighting for my refund.... ABSOLUTE DISASTER. Every call has been over an hour wait time on hold. Please save yourself from this headache and DO NOT USE APPLE VACATIONS.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have used Apple Vacations many times over the years and have always been pleased with our services. I recently booked a vacation (booked April 2020 for September 2020 ) and we had some serious “bumps in the road“ with Apple (mainly due to Covid-19.) At one point I was pretty upset and started looking at reviews which is how I came to this site. I was shocked at how horribly rated Apple Vacations was! I was certainly feeling the same way at that time and was very sad because I had such confidence in them. I’m writing a positive review because as of now, all our issues with this trip have been resolved and we are very happy with the way Apple handled things. I am sorry for others who’ve had bad experiences but for us, Apple Vacations is still our number #1 and I will continue to recommend them to friends and family. (Let’s hope I can still write this in September!)

Apple Vacations Company Information