2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.0/5 (38 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

We've had excellent experiences with Apple Vacations until 2019. Not sure if this is due to a change in leadership or they couldn't handle COVID. We canceled an all inclusive Mexico trip in March 2020 due to COVID. We were given a (now) confusing message to book within 90 days of December 2021. After several months of conversations in 2020 and even early July of 2021 of options for rebooking, at the end of July 2021 for the first time in a year and half suddenly they say, "No, you had 90 days from March of 2020 to book, not 90 days from December 2021. Sorry you lose all your money."

No compromise or recognition of multiple conversations stating otherwise. No recognition of how ridiculous it was to try to book flights during March - June 2020 (remember what happened with COVID starting in July 2020?). No credit at all. Mixed messages, poor communication, poor decision making. But they have plenty of resources to send weekly email advertisements. Never using AV again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Suggest you don't ever want customer support from this company because you will not get it. Horrible customer service! Eternal hold for hours on end. Trying to go to a different department on a separate line will not work as Joseph (#**) would not even let me speak with a manager.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Booked a vacation for March of 2021 however had to cancel due to having Covid. I submitted a positive Covid test as requested. I have documentation that Frontier issued a partial refund to Apple way back in March which we NEVER received??? After further discussions with Frontier and additional documentation sent, I also have documentation that the total refund was issued to Apple but still NOT received. I received an email that 1/2 the credit will be applied but it will take 60-90 days...why?? Waiting another 60-90 days is ridiculous seeing this has been going on since March...this should have been resolved immediately and definitely before my rebooked trip in June.

I submitted a fraud claim for the remaining credits I still have not received along with all of the documentation I have since March. Again this should have been resolved in MARCH with 1 phone call! I have spent hours and hours dealing with this including extensive hold times and being sent to multiple departments, including being disconnected without a call back. If it would have been resolved, Apple Vacations would still have 2 long term repeat HAPPY customers. Unfortunately that is NOT the case! APPLE is losing in this debacle...they are losing two lifelong repeat customers, a FRAUD claim to my CC company has been submitted, this negative review has been submitted, and I have informed family and friends how we have been treated! Choose another company!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Stay away from Apple Vacations, I paid for the upgraded insurance to be able to get a full refund. One of our travels couldn’t go and they won’t refund the full amount. They won’t answer emails and hang up on me when I call. I was told a refund would come in 30 days, then after 30 days I was told 60 days. After 60 days I was told a refund was coming in 10 to 12 business days then they only paid a little over half the refund. Every time I call I am left on hold for 2hrs and 15min before anyone will ever speak to me. This company is a disgrace. STAY AWAY FROM APPLE VACATIONS.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I have been trying to get a successful vacation executed since January 2020. Between Covid-19 and terrible booking and rebooking experiences, I will definitely NEVER use this company again. (We have used Apple through a travel agent many times, and it's been ok, but most travel agencies have either gone under or are remote.) I have 4 solid pages of notes with names, dates and what was done/not done.

Each time I have logged in to the website after being told my trip was paid in full, there is a new balance due! I am presently 12 hours out from leaving for our present trip, and I still have no travel documents to present when we arrive. They are telling me there is still a balance due, and there is NOT. I pay these people more money each time I contact them, and I am done with this nonsense. For this reservation alone, I have spoken to 28 different agents over the phone, and little to nothing has been accomplished other than heightened anxiety and frustration.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I booked my dream vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico through Apple Vacations approximately 3 months ago. The resort was recommended via Apple Vacations. I arrived in San Juan, Puerto Rico on Monday 4/26/2021 @ 2:20PM. My transportation picked me up @ approximately 3:30PM after a mix up and not having us on their list. I arrived at the hotel @ approximately 4PM. I was greeted by Nestor ** and he was going to check in my party. There were 4 people in my party. My party included myself and my three children, ages 18, 20, 21.

As Mr. ** was trying to check me in, there was a guest also checking in with her significant other. The guest was yelling, screaming, and verbally assaulting your front desk staff, Julia. The guest even went as far as to tell her "step outside", insinuating she was going to physically assault her. This went on for almost 30 minutes and made my check in process very difficult to say the least. I was finally able to check in but my rooms were not ready yet. I booked 2 double rooms which should be next to each other if not conjoining. The guest making the disturbance was also checked in, which was unbelievable to me.

I left my luggage at the hotel with the concierge and decided to take my children to lunch until our rooms were ready. I took my children to La Cansita located across the street. We had a late lunch/early dinner. We received a call from the front desk staff stating our rooms were ready @ 5:44PM. I went back to the hotel and was informed only one room was ready. We took all of our luggage to that room and were going to wait until the other room was ready to transport some of our luggage to that room. We were given the room of 507. We took our luggage upstairs and noticed it had one king bed instead of the double bed I reserved. I immediately went back downstairs and informed the front desk of this. I was then given rooms 517 & 527.

We then transported our luggage to those rooms. We changed into our beach attire and went downstairs to the beach. We stayed there for about 1 hour and then went to the pool area. We left the pool area at approximately 8:30PM. We were tired from traveling so we then returned to our rooms. I went to my room of 517 and my children went to 527.

This is when the problem occurred. Two of my children were allegedly in a verbal altercation with each other. There was allegedly a phone complaint regarding the noise from that verbal altercation. Omar **, unsure of his title other than security, knocked on my door @ 9:12 PM and informed me that my children and I needed to vacate the Royal Sonesta Resort.

As I was speaking to Omar and trying to find out what was going on as well as why we had to leave, he stated it is his decision on who stays and who goes. I informed him of the altercation in the vestibule of your hotel that happened hours earlier. I asked him why those guests were not asked to leave? Why were they checked in after verbally assaulting and threatening your hotel employee? He once again stated it is ultimately his decision on who stays and who leaves and we needed to leave. However, for $1500 cash we could stay. He stood there as I packed my belongings. I obviously was sobbing because I could not believe this was actually happening. It was almost 10PM and the town was closed from 10PM-5AM. I had nowhere to go. My flights were not until Saturday 5/1/2021. The hotel offered no assistance. After watching the altercation earlier, I could not believe we were being told to leave.

I tried to contact Nestor ** as he was the only one that I had contact with. Unfortunately, due to the time he had left for the day. I called the San Juan Police Department. The sergeant came out and spoke with me. He stated that there was nothing they could do because it is up to the resort on who stays in the hotel. I asked Omar ** for any manager and was told once again that he was in charge and we needed to leave. I then went inside to the front desk and asked the front desk personnel, Amanda, and asked for management information. She gave me a generic card with Peter ** scribbled on it with no contact information. Here I was in Puerto Rico and on the street. I had no one to contact and nowhere to go.

I called Apple Vacations but due to the time of the alleged incident there was nothing they could do. They called the hotel and tried to figure out the situation and see if we could stay the night until management arrived to properly handle the situation. The lady I spoke with at Apple Vacations, Carolyn, stated Omar ** told her it was a "physical altercation", there was blood all over the room and that my children were injured. All of that was a complete false statement. The police would not even file a report because they stated "it was two brothers arguing". Carolyn advised me to take pictures of the room. Omar ** denied me access to the rooms I reserved and paid for in full to obtain pictures.

Apple Vacations tried to assist me to look for other rooms in the area but all other resorts were full for the night. I contacted United Airlines to see if my flight could be moved up to 4/27/2021 from the original date of 5/1/2021. United airlines was the ONLY business that was accommodating during this terrible experience..

I had to sit outside on the street until almost 1AM while trying to figure things out. The hotel did nothing to accommodate us, not even calling us a taxi. Omar ** clearly did not handle this situation in the best interest of Royal Sonesta or my family. Omar ** needs to be retrained and informed on how to not only deescalate a situation but also on hospitality and customer service instead of extortion. I have never been treated this way and the fact that he could toss out any paying guest on the street at his discretion is beyond imaginable to me. It was a complete abuse of power that was given to him by Royal Sonesta. He stood outside with a police officer and a lady that was at the outside concierge desk until we left the premises, approximately 5:15AM.

I asked numerous times for a report of the incident, he said no. I asked for check out papers, he said no. As of right now, I have nothing stating I was even there. I tried to file a formal complaint against Omar ** with the actual hotel manager, Michael **. Mr. ** was on vacation when all of this took place, clearly not staying at one of his resorts. He denied my request and vouched for Omar **. I also requested a full refund for the stay that Omar ** denied my children and I. That was granted. Apple Vacations to this day, has not contacted me. Not once. I will NEVER use this business not do I recommend anyone else to.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I am giving a no star rating because my experience was not good from the get go and if it wasn't for the fact that I would have been charged for a cancelation hundreds of dollars I would have canceled the vacation. I consider myself a very patient person and this company has put me to the test. We booked an excursion through Apple Vacations far in advance of our trip. When getting to our resort we were told that we could not go on that excursion because it was all booked up for the week and that we should contact apple vacations to get our money back which I did immediately.

I have been on hold several times for 2 hours with no answer. Can not get through to a customer service person at all. It's terrible. I have emailed to the email account I was directed to do so for this matter many times with no satisfaction or results to my refund. I am now 5 weeks from when I arrived at resort. I feel I have waited long enough to be refunded for an excursion I paid for and was not able to go on. There's no problem with taking your money but giving it back when justified seems to be a big deal. I can see having to wait the typical 7 to 10 business days but 5 weeks is a bit much. I will never book a trip with Apple Vacations or recommend. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 2, 2021

This is worst customer service ever! Do not book any vacations with this company! They say you can get refunded due to illness, NOT TRUE! We had a Covid diagnosis in our party whom we have all been exposed to and no refund. I have been hung up on, placed on hold and nobody came back, told they had no supervisors or managers, and told we could not talk to customer relations/support. Talked to Tina who said she was part of the administrative team from calling their executive line and was told Covid was not an illness due to not being hospitalized or a severe form or even death. This company is absolutely horrible. I have all the documentation to prove this and even sent it to them through snail mail because I was told there was no email I could send it through.

They are very misleading in their advertisement. They portray themselves to be part of Southwest by saying they are Southwest Vacations but they are not. Southwest Airlines informed me they are not a part of their service. They are Apple Leisure group. This form of advertisement should be illegal. They have 8093.01 dollars of our money and will not provide a refund. I contacted the hotel we were going to stay at and they said it had been cancelled and they had not received any of our money. Buyer Beware!

Original review: June 2, 2021

Hello, I'm reaching out to express my frustration with Apple Vacations. In February 2020, we booked a trip to Mexico for September 2020, before Covid closed the world down. We worked with our trusted travel agent to book this trip; however, we were unaware she was booking said trip through Apple Vacations, or we would've booked our own trip. We have expressed our frustration to our travel agent as well, who said Apple Vacations was completely unwilling to work with us. Needless to say, we paid a $400 deposit in February 2020. Then in June 2020, we rebooked the trip to February 2021, thinking we'd feel more safe traveling and paid another $1168.50. Totally $1568.50 paid for this trip, that we ended up cancelling in November 2020, due to safety reasons while traveling.

When we cancelled our trip in November, we figured we'd be refunded at least most of what we'd paid but to find out that we wouldn't be refunded anything and just have a credit on our apple vacations account, that seemed unfair to us; especially during a PANDEMIC. My husband and I worked our butts off to be able to take a tropical vacation in the first place, so to not be refunded anything was a deep cut to us.

Although it was hard to swallow, we accepted not being refunded the $1500 and having a credit on our account; thinking it would be effective until we were comfortable traveling again. We recently found out that is not the case and our credit is only effective until December 2021. Which in theory wouldn't be an issue, since we've been vaccinated, except I am now expecting and am unable to travel past 25 weeks. And we also recently found our "credit" is for $434 (nowhere near the $1500 we have paid for our original trip). If we wanted to use said credit, we would end up having to pay another $2000+ to be able to take advantage of the all-inclusive benefits, we originally planned. While expecting a baby, we don't just have an extra $2000 to blow. So glad we threw away $1500....

This trip to Mexico was supposed to be a happy final trip before starting a family, but it ended up being a nightmare. We are extremely disappointed in Apple Vacation's policy and flexibility during the literal pandemic. We are typically not people who write reviews, but due to the circumstances and no leeway during a pandemic; we will make sure to leave reviews on all available review sites.

Sincerely frustrated former customer,

Amber

Original review: June 1, 2021

Horrible Experience with Apple Vacation. Our Vacation did not go as plan and I have been trying to get Apple Vacation to help resolve the issues. Since March of 2021 I had nothing but hang ups and excuses. At one point I was told by customer service that I should be happy we used a profession pool for our 15th wedding anniversary. I have also been told no one is going to be able to help, in other words they don't seem to care about customer service. At this point I would not recommend anyone use Apple Vacation under the new management team. I even had the Better Business Bureau involved and they could not get an answer form anyone at this business. You will be left alone to fight your claim without any support.

Currently the status is the hotel's fault and the hotel's response Apple Vacations fault. In the meantime the consumer will be left in the dark. Once you make your payment you are left to fend for yourself. Our 15th year anniversary vacation experience was so bad that my children refuse to return to Cancun. As of June 01, 2021 I still have not received a response from any of the following departments. Post Travel, Customer Care and during travel @ Apple Vacations.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I booked with Apple Vacations, my girl and I had a falling out, my portion was canceled a month before the date of the reservation, I was told I would get a refund for my portion. I have emailed and called with no response from them. I think this company is a scam.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Friday morning 5/7/21 my cousin and booked a vacation. We are going to the Riviera Maya at the end of October. We were booking online at the same time. When we got to the payment section we each had 2 different payment methods. We both counted down and pressed enter at approximately the same time. Hers went thru but mine did not. It kept saying the flight was unavailable and try back later. I tried it again and again about six times. Kept getting the same message. The price per the package online didn’t change. I decided to call the 1-800 number. I talked to one of the sales agents. She said the price is subject to change. However the price I kept seeing did not change. I said that is fine but it shouldn’t change when I am putting in my payment method. That is a bait and switch.

I booked at the higher price since I wanted to go with my cousin. Then I told her I wanted to talk with a Manager. She said I couldn’t talk with one. This was not a Manager situation. I said that is wrong any Customer should be able to talk with a manager. She said all of them were in meetings except for two. Then she finally said I could talk with one but it would be about 20 minutes. I said I would wait. Ten minutes went by and said the Manager was still on the phone.

After ten more minutes she said it would be another 30 to 60 minutes. I vented to her telling her that the Managers were horrible for not supporting them and taking care of angry Customers. I told her how disappointed I was with Apple Vacation and their Managers. I will not recommend Apple Vacation to anyone. After spending 3 hours on the telephone I was told the Airlines raised their price. So my cousin who must have booked 1 sec. before me paid $150 less than I had to pay. Everytime I checked it all evening it didn’t change. Very upset and disappointed in Apple Vacation.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We booked an all inclusive vacation the beginning of 2020 and had to cancel due to the Pandemic. I was sent an email stating that we would be issued a full credit (even though we didnt have travel insurance) plus a 25% credit if we rebooked within 365 days. December, 2020 I rebooked, added two more travelers since now my son and his girlfriend are graduating from college (perfect timing). I was issued a travelers credit from the airline and was told my credit from hotel would be issued within 30-40 days. Still no credit. I have paid over $4,000 so far. Today (13 days till travel), I was told that I may have to pay the $3,106 balance and just get a credit for later travel with them. LOL LOL LOL are you kidding me? I explained I would NEVER be traveling with them again. And, if I get to the airport and they turn me around because I havent paid, the next person they would be hearing from would be an attorney. So, LETS GET TOGETHER!

I smell a class action lawsuit in the making!!!!

Original review: May 7, 2021

We had our booked vacation to Cancun cancelled in May of 2020 because of Covid. We were offered a refund or an additional 25% future travel credit on top of what we already paid. We opted to go with the extra 25% and put it on a new reservation for 2021. Well this happened in April 2020 and when I started looking for a new vacation in March 2021 there still wasn’t anything that stated I had a credit with my reservation number. I tried online and got nowhere so I called the 800 #, got hung up on twice and finally spoke to someone that couldn’t help me. I got nowhere. I ended up having to find a local travel company that books through Apple to get anywhere. We both spent hours on the phone with them after we decided on a new vacation and was ready to book it.

I chose a vacation based on what What I had already paid plus the extra 25% I was going to get. On top of that I was going to owe another $300 which was completely fine with me. They finally seemed like it was all going to work out. I got an email that I was going to receive the payment. Well someone there messed up and gave me a credit of the exact amount I paid originally back on my CC as a refund instead of transfer of the funds to my new reservation we had discussed. Now since they say they already issued a refund they can’t do anything about it and they can’t give me the 25% now. I have spend days and hours at a time in the phone with them trying to get this solved. Now am honestly so shocked at how difficult this is. I thought Apple was a great company before all this.

It seems so easy to fix and take care of but every time I call they say, "Sorry there’s nothing I can do" and won’t let me speak to anyone else higher up either. No one that answers the phone speaks very good English and they all work from home. No one is helpful. This has supposedly been escalated to the accounting department but they said I won’t hear from anyone or get an email. That I would have to call again to check on anything. Well my time is almost up to have to pay the $430 balance on my new reservation that I’m going to have to pay out today pocket for so I don’t lose it. I am just so disappointed and shocked they are doing business this way and won’t honor what they said they would do when it was their mistake in how the funds were transferred not mine.

Original review: April 22, 2021

On 01/05/2021 I booked a vacation to Punta Cana through Apple Vacations for my daughter and I. Along with paying IN FULL for the vacation, I also purchased Travel Protection Plus, knowing the way things in the world were, that it was very possible this trip may not happen and I wanted to cover my bases. On 02/25/2021, SIX days before we were scheduled to leave, I received an email from Apple Vacations that the price of my trip had increased due to air travel in the amount of $209.50 per person and was given the option to accept this increase in price or to cancel. Since this was due to no fault of my own and being unable to pay an additional $419.00, I cancelled the trip via email. After calling the only number listed to inquire about a refund, I was on hold over an hour without ever being able to talk to anyone.

On 04/01/2021, I tried again to reach someone at Apple Vacations by phone. After again being on hold one hour and 30 minutes, I was still unable to talk to anyone. I was able reach someone at Apple Vacations by email and after several back and forth emails, I was told that since the price of the vacation increased and was cancelled due to no fault of my own, they would refund the travel portion only, but not the hotel. On 04/08/2021, I filed a dispute with my credit card in hopes of getting a refund resolution, which Apple Vacations has yet to respond to. This morning, 04/22/2021, I received an email from Apple Vacations with full travel credit points and no offer of a refund as previously mentioned. I can redeem my travel credits by calling….you guessed it, the only number given that no one answers!

The idea of wanting travel credit is absolutely ridiculous. I agreed to and paid for this vacation and the price of it was raised six days before departure due to no fault of my own. I feel completely duped over this. How in the world Apple Vacations can get away with charging one price and then increasing it prior to departure and then not agreeing to a refund is completely unethical. Please save your time and money and never consider this company when booking a vacation. You will be charged, they will upcharge you right before departure and you will never get resolution! Ridiculous.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Apple Vacations has been a horrendous experience. We booked a trip to Punta Cana in December of 2019 for March 2020. When the pandemic forced us to cancel, we rebooked 4 times in total (due to the pandemic/airlines and hotels canceling us). We finally booked domestic because of the COVID restrictions. In total we have spent over 50 hours on hold/calling/rescheduling/dealing with agents that have no clue what they are doing. AND they refuse to refund us, give us credit, or rebook. You cannot get ahold of any single person who can help you. I used a different travel company for a trip for 8 people and it was smooth sailing. Whatever you do, DO NOT waste your time and Money with this company.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Canceled a trip in November 2020 due to Covid restrictions and travel into Mexico was too risky at the time, and I still haven’t received my refund. At the time of my vacation purchase (September 2020), I purchased vacation insurance that stated I would get 100% of my vacation fees returned (minus the $179.97 it cost for the insurance), within 90-days of my cancellation. Still haven't received my money. I then filed a dispute with the credit card company and the travel agency/travel insurance claimed there was no cancellation per policy received, which is not true, and the credit card company reversed the charge. That's what the vacation insurance was for. It's a vicious circle! I have proof of policy, proof that I purchased the extra insurance to get a 100% refund, and nothing. I have been honest, transparent, and have done my due diligence, yet, I’m still out $3,500 plus interest.

I have attempted to call Apple Vacations dozens of times and I speak to no one or get shuffled around to various customer specialists that can’t solve the problem. Or, I get hung up on. I have waited as long as 2 hours on hold to speak to a customer dispute specialist, with no luck, as their main customer service line has a typical speech stating they don't handle these sorts of cases and end up transferring me in a circle where no one is able to help. They don’t return emails either, as I have emailed many times and no response back.

What’s worse is the travel company, Apple Vacations now says there is no transaction available to use paid funds towards another trip. They stole my money and the credit card company has allowed them to get away with it. This company is unethical, unreliable, and stealing from customers. I hope a class action lawsuit is opened against this horrific company as it's slime balls like this that make the world a sad place.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Apple Vacations ensured my friends (2 ladies) and I, that we would receive a credit on a trip to Barbados that was unfortunately canceled due to the pandemic June 2020. The refund totaled $1350 ultimately $450/ea. We were informed of this credit for future use of airfare only with American Airlines. We called and were told our credit was due to expire May 30th if not use before then to book a flight. Once I separately booked through apple Vacations, my flight ended up costing $404 with American. I was called back by Apple rep and notified of a $18.80 hotel fee mandatory that I “must pay” that was not covered by my remaining credit of $46. I asked to speak with a supervisor (Hector **) who was very unprofessional yelling and telling me how upset he was with me after having a calm discussion with him regarding principles. Hector then proceeded by insulting me stating “it’s only $18.”

To add insult to injury, Hector continue to be little the situation stating “I’ll pay for it out of my own pocket since it's too much for you”. This was a lie. Afterwards, I was again contacted by Maria **, Apple rep with the email attached again ensuring me things had been handled and now a new adjustment was made changing my flight ticket and price to $402 (Not sure why).

Two days later I received another email stating my reservation was being canceled due to failure to pay $421 (I’m guessing the flight cost $402 (which I already had credit for) +the $18.80 bogus hotel fee that I explain to the rep and Hector I didn’t need). I am beyond livid and as of this date and time I’m currently on the phone on hold now for ~3 hours with Apple vacation and filing their business as a scam, as I try to rectify this situation, which at this point is wishful thinking. This company should not be allowed to do this to consumers. They have cause unnecessary stress, insult, they are dishonest, and most of all ripping off hard working people during a worldwide pandemic where people are already suffering physically, emotionally, mentally and financially.

Resolution response: June 14, 2021

It shouldn’t have come to consumer affairs to resolve this issue. Things happen in life... to put forth a policy with “no refunds” is criminal IMO. It is just a fancy way to commit theft. Please, in the future, explain this to your customers, and do not mislead. Be honest from the beginning, and explain the insurance and the benefits of having rather than trying to loophole a contract. I am not changing my star rating based on the fact that this company did not just have a change of heart and refund my purchase, rather my credit card company had to intervene with litigation. Again, Apple, try being honest with your customers and be realistic when issues arise.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Absolutely awful and criminal company. Booked vacation 9 days ago. Was mislead to believe I could cancel anytime prior to the date full payment was due. I was never offered travel protection nor was it even mentioned. I am a first responder. Due to the current increase in Covid cases, I am not allowed to travel. This company refuses to refund my $1500 charge and instead offer travel credits which are useless to me. I was also denied adding the travel protection, that was not offered at the time of purchase, because apparently I can only add this up to 7 days after booking, not the 9 days it’s been. Mind you, the vacation is not supposed to be until July. Do not use this company, obviously I’m not the only one disgusted with the service, they have a 1 star rating as it is. This company committed grand larceny and is fraudulent, misleading, and criminal.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We have been on over 20 Apple vacations. We have always loved them. We have never complained. We bought the insurance, so we could be reimbursed if anything went wrong. We did our research. We went on a trip March 25-April 1. We specifically booked a nonstop, with the Apple agent. We were put on Spirit, which we hate, it was originally non stop flight ORD to Cancun. I did reach out to an Apple representative asking for a different airline. The representative told me that we could not switch and again said it was non stop.

A month before trip, our flight was no longer non-stop, we had to go through Fort Lauderdale. I called and emailed asking to be changed and she said it is not possible. We did lots of research, because going to Mexico has lots of requirements due to covid. We paid more to stay at a secrets resort to be assured we would have on site covid testing 72 hours prior to the flight. Also, if we did get covid we could stay there free for two weeks.

Our flight was CANCELLED on the way home. We waited in the spirit airline line for two hours waiting to check a bag, before a stranger in front of us told us that the flight was cancelled. The reason was unclear, they told us the airport was closed in Fort Lauderdale, which was a lie. It was a total nightmare. The Spirit attendant at the counter basically said, "Sorry your flight is cancelled." She said she could not rebook us on a flight until April 5th!!!! She did not even try to help us find another flight, people were freaking out. We remained calm and tried to get her to reimburse our funds so we could buy another flight on our own. She would not. We showed our insurance forms, she said, "Call them." I asked for a receipt, I got nothing, we requested to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor was no help either and people were yelling and screaming at him. They provided zero help. We were left without a flight home in Mexico.

I called the 1-800-517-2000 Apple vacation team, I called the 1-866-389-5378 travel protection plus plan number, I called the 24 hour hotline 52 998 881 9500, I called 1-855-572-9893, NOT ONE PERSON ANSWERED!!!! I went online with during travel.applevac.com, apple vacations, every number and site I could find - NO ONE COULD HELP US!!! If we stayed in Cancun until April 5th, where would we stay? Who would pay? How would we get retested? I had so many questions and we could not get any help through any of your numbers, sites or services. We were beyond livid. Everything we were promised wasn’t true.

We got home last night!!!! We bought our own air on Frontier, we had to find the terminal because the internet at the airport was so bad, we could not buy online. We finally got to the Frontier line, waited again, bought a flight for $756. 62. We could not get a flight home, they were all oversold. We wanted to get out of Mexico because we would have to retest for covid and since we were out of our Secret resort. Our covid test would expire and they were charging $500 cash for another test. Once you are out of your resort, they are able to completely take advantage of you because they know you need it to get home. We also do not speak very much Spanish and they take advantage of that as well.

Our costs:

Flight to Denver, because we could not get to Ohare: Frontier EBF6WG, two tickets cost us: $756. 62
Hotel: $500 dollars
Ubers to and from airport and hotel: $109

Food: $500

I have receipts for all of this. How do I get reimbursed???? My father in law works for united so he got us home free from Denver. This was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime, 30 years of marriage, we were supposed to go last year, but covid hit, and we finally were able to rebook and this is what happened. I spoke to an agent and gave her all this info on Friday, April 2nd. I still have not heard anything from anyone. I have called many times, waited hours. WE WILL NEVER GO ON ANOTHER APPLE TRIP!

Original review: March 16, 2021

We booked direct flights to Cancun in January 2020 with the promise that we could cancel and receive a full refund. Once Covid hit and shut everything down two weeks before our trip, the flight was cancelled. I have filled out their form multiple times and never have received a response. Their phone number is a joke. You cannot get through to anyone. I am hoping that this review stops just one additional person from losing their money. Right now I am $586 out. I am just sick over it.

Original review: March 8, 2021

So, the first booking was very smooth. I had no troubles. Canceling our trip because of Covid took a little longer but again wasn't hard. So here we are today. I attempted to rebook on our own online and it wouldn't let me. So I called. I sat on hold for 1hr 30 minutes to be hung up on 2x... Third time was a charm.. 3 hours of my life later another payment to pay the difference from our first trip to this one and I thought we were set. She told me I would be receiving emails with all of the information immediately. Well 5 days later and nothing about our credits. So I called again.

The 1st person I spoke to I couldn't understand. Her English was very broken and I tried my best to follow. I told her no fault of hers but asked to be transferred chasing a toddler around and trying to decipher what was being said just wasn't happening. Well then I was told we still have a balance on our trip... Um, no. We transferred our credits and paid the remainder last week when booked. I asked to speak with a manager... After another 3 hours I was conveniently hung up on again. I have spent over a full 8hr workday on the phone and hold with these people and still don't have any answers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I have been going on vacation using Apple Vacations for over 10 years. They were also so good and responsive if you had an issue. A year or two ago they merged with FunJet. Since then everything has gone downhill. I always buy the insurance in case something happens. I also contains a price guarantee if the trip goes down. I used to be able to quick call and get the adjustment. Now all of this is farmed out to India. Their people don't know what they are doing. You will sit on hold for hours! They will not let you talk to a supervisor under any circumstances. Had our trip price go down...called and they said they couldn't do anything about with about 10 different reasons. I kept asking for someone else to look at this.

Finally after 6 hours they agreed to give me a credit (not a refund) of the difference. Today I saw it went down again so I called again. This time they said I would not get the difference and by the way...they were taking back the last credit they gave me too!!! So frustrating. They used to be a good company but not anymore! I will use someone else in the future.

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2021

They got back to us after 7 months. What a process. Won't book with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

My girlfriends and I booked a trip to Vegas. When we made the reservation we picked the wrong flight home and realized it within the first 15 minutes after we made it. We cancelled it and rebooked literally right after we did the first one. We filled out paperwork for a refund. We were refunded two months later on our hotel but yet to have to be refunded on our flight. After speaking with Southwest airlines they refunded the company. Now the company is holding on to our refund!!

It has been since June of 2020. We had a representative tell us absolutely we get our refund back 100%. They have been doing nothing but putting us off and giving us the run around. Do not waste your money with this company! Southwest needs to dump them. It's terrible! All 5 of us are waiting.... Look them up on the internet! Do your research. They have hundreds and hundreds of unhappy customers when it comes to refunds. We need to start a campaign to have Southwest use a different company. Truly terrible.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Purchased the Travel Protection Plan. Worked with an agent to get the booking correct. Was traveling with another couple. They said they could coordinate our travel. Took several attempts to get the bookings correct. Names were wrong, the couples were not grouped correctly. Received flight confirmation approx. 1 month prior to travel. Names were still incorrect. Purchased Travel Protection Plan, had to cancel trip due to pandemic and illness in the family. Was told by Customer Service that the Protection Plan I purchased only allowed for a travel credit, not a refund. Was very clear with original booking agent that we wanted a Protection Plan that would refund our money not just provide a credit. Very disappointed. Highly unlikely I will ever use them again.

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2021

I received my refund. It took 7 months. Thankful.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Updated on 01/06/2021: I am still waiting on my refund. Now they are saying that they sent it to my credit card company and it's my credit card company's issue. However the credit card company has stated they have never received it. I do not believe Apple Vacations. You are best to stay away from this place altogether. There is a huge problem with this company and it's all over the internet.

Original Review: Do not use this company! I booked a vacation package with them and 15 minutes after I booked it I realized the flight home was the wrong one. I got back in and redid my reservation within 15 minutes. I got my hotel back but not my flight which was $1,100 for five of us. All I'm getting is the runaround. Southwest Airlines refunded them and now they're keeping my money for doing absolutely nothing. They are rude and they do not get back to you. They absolutely do not care about you. I put my trust in this company and they definitely did not deliver.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I booked with Apple Vacations last year, but due to the pandemic I had to reschedule. You have to wait hours before you get someone on the phone and once you do it's a complete waste of time. When I went online and reviewed everything I saw that I was supposed to receive 25% extra applied to my reservation. When I called to rebook for March 2021, I asked how much I had to spend and it was about $500 less than I originally paid. I don't understand how they punish you and take your money for having to rebook when there is a pandemic going on and it's not our fault we had to reschedule. Then when I asked about the 25% they applied it and I had what I originally paid?

I thought we were supposed to get the 25% on top of what we already have. I don't understand what they did to figure everything out, but I will never book through them again. I've called a couple times trying to figure things out and they said they documented everything so when I come back it's easier, it's not. Every person you get tells you different things. When I asked about a credit I received in my email, the one guy goes I already applied that and I know for sure he did not. If you ever have rebook, they take advantage of you and take your money. I will never book through them again, I've wasted countless hours on the phone for nothing to be solved.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Updated on 03/02/2021: Wow, my experience with Apple Vacations has been horrible. I booked a trip last year with them and ended up not going in my trip where they ended saying that I had travel credit. They told me one date without advising that the hotel had a different expiration date than the flight. When we finally figured that out with the customer service which took a month, now I am trying to rebook and have been asked to wait for a reply from the hotel. It has now been 2 more months trying to rebook. Their sales department continues to put me on hold and says they will call me back with no follow up. They say they need to talk to their refund department to get the credit to roll over. Is this even a real business?

Updated on 2/8/2021: I’m trying to rebook based on my conversation with the csr rep that ended up calling me to fix my last problem. She was great but now when I’m trying to rebook with my new reservation, it’s like we can’t get a hold of her and no one knows what’s going on.

Original review: I booked my Cancun trip in February for July to a brand new hotel. At the time we were supposed to go, the open date of the hotel was pushed back past our arrival date. We went ahead and cancelled for a voucher that was said to expire at the end of the year and a travel credit for February. When I called today, they said I had a credit of 2400 usd but they need to call the hotel. The hotel told them that I had to the end of June to use it. End of June... the hotel wasn’t open and they also were not taking reservations due to not knowing when travel restrictions would be lifted. Apple claims that there also was an extension to book by August. None of these requirements were disclosed at the time. Now I’m out the credit they claim. Poor communication and service by both Apple and dreams.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We have used Apple Vacations for over 20 years. Never a problem until 2020, we booked in January 2020 for travel in April, they canceled our trip due to COVID. Offered a full refund, however here we are in November, still nothing. We are out $4k and told, "Too bad. You didn’t have travel protection. Travel protection is not intended for when the agent cancels your vacation." What a racket! Do not book with this company. They will take your money and you will have nothing! Run!!! Do not give them a dime!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

After having taken many trips via Apple Vacations, I was surprised and extremely disappointed by the lack of customer service and inconsistent pricing experienced during this most recent trip booking. Instead of paying online the final balance, I called to ask some final questions of a sales agent and when given the amount owed, was told I owed an additional $577 but the agent could not explain what the extra charges were. She said she would investigate it the following day and would call back. She never called and never attempted to remove what seemed to be a call-fee charge that cannot be explained or removed. Despite 10+ trips using Apple Vacations, this is my last one as I will never do business with them again after the disregard for customer inquiries about unknown charges.

Apple Vacations Company Information