Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.20/5

154 Apple Vacations Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 3, 2019

We booked a Six Golden Apple Square Deal about two weeks prior to departure. The common areas of Dreams Punta Cana were very nice and well maintained however our room and the building it was in weren't that nice. After a long day of travel and check in we were directed to a Vacation Club salesman, not cool. We did go on the tour and learned that the parent company of Apple Vacations and Dreams Resorts are the same, Apple Leisure Group. To me this presents a conflict of interest, Apple Vacations rating resorts that are owned by the same company. Bottom line you really can't trust the Apple Rating system for any AMResorts, ie Dreams, Secrets, Zoerty, Now, Breathless, etc.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

5 Hours Later...And no reservation! Tried to join a twosome who already had a reservation and all I needed was to get on their flight which had seats available. 5 Hours, yes 5 hours divided up over two days. They promised me a confirmation email and I would pay when I got the confirmation. Guess what? No email. I ended up booking through BookIt.com into my own room. I will NEVER recommend or use again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Apple Vacation has a charter from Kansas City and other US cities traveling to Cancun and Punta Cana. On their reservation site it gives a place to read the information of what the airline charge for baggage. Frontier Airlines is who they have the contract with. It does not say that you have to prepay for bags on the reservation or they will charge more at the airport. Also when the traveler checks in at the airport to pay $60.00 round-trip for their bag that they will be lied to and then charged again on the return. The dishonesty of both Apple Vacations and Frontier airlines is why so many people don't enjoy traveling or trust the travel companies. Protect yourself and make sure you go by the airline's website and not Apple's.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Absolutely do not use Apple Vacations. After what we have been going through over the last few weeks I will never recommend Apple Vacations, and will tell everyone I know and write reviews on them on every site I can find. A large group of my friends booked with them a few months ago. At time of booking they told the agent that we would have at least one more person going on the trip but needed to wait to book their travel till later. Also confirmed at that time that we would just be adding the extra people to the already booked rooms... At that time we were told no problem we can do that, the new guest would have to pay the going rate at the time they book. We said great. We are not adding a room, and there is several extra spots in the other rooms already booked to add several more people. We paid extra at time of booking to confirm the hotel wouldn't run out of rooms.

Now Apple is telling us we have to pay $400 more than the published booking price to add a person to any room. We have called several different times and been told different stories. Bottom line they lied to us at booking so we paid extra for extra space in each room, that we know cannot use. This is a very unethical company that promises whatever it takes to get your business, once they have your money they do not stand by their word. I have traveled to Mexico several times for business, and with Funjet. I have never received this lack of customer service from any other agent.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My family and I took a Vacation to Riveria Maya to celebrate the New Year. Though two hours before our 7 a.m. flight was to depart out of Detroit while we were checking in we got delayed until 2 p.m. Then received $15 food vouchers as compensation. Then when we still had no plane at 2 p.m. no one seemingly knew what was going on. We did not board a plane until nearly 3:30 p.m. A 8 and a half hour delay on our flight is how we started this trip. We even bought insurances for the vacation through Apple Vacations for a situation like this. Though they felt that even though we arrived in Cancun, the airport we were flying into, we landed at 9 p.m. instead of 11 a.m. We did not get to our resort in Riveria Maya until 11 p.m. We lost an entire day of vacation that we invested thousands of dollars into, and all we get in compensation was a couple $15 dollar flight vouchers that worked at select stores within the Detroit Metro Airport.

Apple Vacations is a joke. I would never. Ever. Take a vacation through them. The stress and aggravations they caused my family and I on the first day set and unpleasant mood for following day or two. If someone offered me a free trip through them, I would say, "No thank you." That is how strongly I feel about them. We talked to other people who have used them before and they said they are always disorganized and are never reliable. If you choose to book a vacation through them, good luck god bless, I hope you do not have an experience like we had. Though I feel like if you are looking for a stress free relaxing vacation through them, it's like trying to find a toothpick in a hay pile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Worst customer service company in the world. Hold times over an hour. When they answer the phone they either hang up or put you on another hold for an hour. They transfer you without your knowledge. Just a mess of a company. Understaffed and rude.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

9/2018 I was promised 4 vouchers by apple. I’m still waiting!!!! Due to overbooking and the flight leaving 40 minutes early, my family and I could not travel. After months of dealing with them they said they would give us 4 vouchers for airfare. No vouchers have been received or issued as of 1-24-2019! They lied to my credit card company, claiming we were a no show and no call! As long as they CLAIM they are giving me vouchers my credit card company can’t do anything about a refund. You are crooks and liars!!!! And do very incompetent, telling me I need to call American for my vouchers. I was booked on Spirit, FYI neither company has vouchers for me. They both said Apple Vacations is supposed to issue the vouchers. I have spent months on the phone regarding this matter to no avail!!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

If I could give them negative stars, I would have. First of all, we were sold Dreams Sands in Cancun as a "6 golden apples" resort that is totally better than the Iberostar properties on Riviera Maya. We paid the price accordingly. Well, upon arriving to the said resort with four kids in tow, we discovered a tiny place with a single correspondingly tiny pool and a knee-deep "beach". In fact, we were told, that this so-called beach is an extension of the kids' pool. The rooms were shabby, small, and to add insult to the injury, we got thunderous AC in them. I spent half night trying to fall asleep, unsuccessfully I must add.

Our all-included food choices were limited by a single place. Unlike other all inclusive resorts we stayed in, this one required a check-in at the front. So, we had to stand in a line for about 10 minutes before getting a table. The food choices were limited and sub-par. Anyway, the very day we arrived, we decided to seek Apple Vacation's help in moving up to our usual Iberostar resort. Called them and got the messages honestly warning us that the wait time would be 290 minutes. Yes, it's two hundred and ninety minutes.

Pro tip here: if you find yourself dealing with Apple Vacations and you are trying to reach a customer rep, don't bother with the "existing reservation" option. Just go with the "new reservation" - it has far shorter line and you will just give them your booking number. Anyway, we resumed our quest the next day. Cornered the Apple rep at the resort. And he just outright told us that he couldn't help us, since we didn't pay money to him. So, we tried calling the Apple Vacations customer service again. The wait time was 60 minutes for the new reservation this time around.

Finally, got through, did some blah blah blah with a rep. Were told to go pound the sand, insisted on changing the resorts, were told to talk to the hotel manager, waited 2 more hours to find this manager (who, by the way, turned out to be the most helpful in this whole nightmare of a vacation), got a letter from him saying that he's Ok with us leaving.

Now armed with this absolution letter, back to the Apple Vacations rep, he spent another 2 hours getting through to his office. Finally, we had to pay $2.5K extra to switch the resorts. But you know what, it was worth it all in the end. We were able to get a vacation, at least. And we learnt an invaluable lesson - NEVER EVER to have any business with Apple Vacations. They will take your money, but good luck clawing it back from them even if you're sold a lie.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Please beware. Do not do business with them. They are horrible... Book a trip with them and found out a two month within booking I had to have surgery so I cancel my vacation with them which there was a $45 dollar penalty and I was suppose to be refunded 80 bucks. They spin me around for a month. Until this day I yet to get my deposit. You are better off going to a real travel agent near you. They don’t charge you anything to book you a vacation... Then that also said it was on my bank behalf the reason of me not getting my refund which was bull. I been with this bank for over 10 years. No error of that kind has been made.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We paid for our vacation at 5 Apples Resort 2 months in advance. When we arrived to the hotel we found out that there is a problem at the beach that was going on for about a month (dirty water, sewerage smell, tons of seaweed, a black sand, and a construction work). We got a beach front rooms so the smell in the rooms was as strong as at the beach, as well as the noise up to 11:30 pm. After trying to change the hotel the next morning based on the fact that Apple failed to give us any notice, we discussed this with Apple rep and the only option provided was to pay an extra 3k for a family of 4.

All our questions about safety of swimming and any water probes for bacterial range taken were ether ignored or answered like "this is ocean, its big and changes too fast". My mom had a leg injury (torn tendon), so the whole idea of taking vacation was to get the benefit of seawater healing properties, not to be at the pool. We asked if the hotel can accommodate some kind of transportation for her (she was using crutches) to the closest clean beach about 1 mile away but were told that if something happens an insurance is not going to cover it, so no.

To be fair, I have to mention that hotel manager was nice with us and tried to make us happier with the stay by providing a 25 min massage for our family. Apple Vacations from their side did nothing! No refund if we were to leave the first morning, no discount, no change of the hotels without a huge additional fee, not even the opportunity to talk to the manager (we were told he is not at work at the moment for a few hours until we stopped trying to reach him).

Apple Vacations Company Information