1.1/5 (53 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: April 6, 2022

My family and I spent over $9,000 on a holiday trip which unfortunately had to be cancelled when one of us got Covid-19. We did not get any refund from Apple Vacations. Worse, we could not even get them to reply to our pleas for help. Apple's "customer service" strategy is to ignore the customers and hope they just go away. We waited 90 days as instructed, with no answer. So we asked again and we were told to wait another 7 weeks! The phone number were provided did not even work. We spent $9,000 and got nothing, not even a reply.

Original review: April 5, 2022

First be careful when you deal with Apple Vacations! Short - you will never see your money back, they give credits and is like use it or lose it. So, fast forward you don’t want to lose money, you book another vacation, but you pay additional 50% of the additional price with all penalties, prices changes… My story is long, I lost $1,200 because no refunds, just credits! My advice - STAY AWAY!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Don't ever book with this company!!!! I had a credit. It would not let me reserve online so I called customer service. After 3 agents and countless hours (they would NOT let me speak to a supervisor) I spoke to someone who told me that my credit was expired and nothing could be done. That’s other customer service rep told me to provide documents as to why I didn't travel during the time frame. Also was told why am I requesting to speak to a manager since they will give me the same answer. Each time they refused to transfer me to upper management. I have continued to email, call and get no response. So I have lost over $400 in a certificate and tried calling their headquarters and cannot speak to anyone. I have tried customer service and that is a total waste.

Original review: March 10, 2022

TL;DR: You get what you pay for with Apple Vacations and if something goes wrong during your trip, don't expect much direct assistance or even a speedy response. Myself and three of my adult friends decided to celebrate three of our birthdays (all of which fall around the same time of year) down in Cancun for an affordable break from the US Northeast's winter weather. When researching vacation packages, I stumbled across Apple Vacations who offered a ridiculously lower price than any other competing company or airline (this should have been my first red flag). I appreciated that the price included airport transfer and included plenty of detail so my group (who isn't very familiar with booking vacation packages) wasn't as unsure of what was needed prior to and during our trip. Unfortunately for us, this is where the positives ended for Apple Vacations.

Upon arriving in Cancun, we were able to easily find our AmStar rep and drive to the resort for check-in. Everything seemed to go fine here (there was a surprise tax that we had to pay at check-in that no one mentioned to us but it was less than $10 USD so nothing horrible). Once we completed check-in, we thought we would be home free and ready to start enjoying our vacation. We were wrong. The two DOUBLE-BED rooms we booked turned out to be SINGLE-KING rooms (we are four male friends, two of which are single and weren't looking to share a bed with anyone other than those they invited back for obvious reasons).

When I alerted the hotel staff to this problem, they told us that the entire hotel was booked for the entirety of our trip and we would have to make do with the roll-up cots they provided us (after almost an hour of discussion) and they would get back to us on whether they would have rooms open during our 4-night stay. Even though they later told us that they had found rooms for us a few nights into our trip, no one ever ended up following up with us on this and so we ended up spending hundreds of dollars for half of us to sleep on some of the most uncomfortable cots ever.

It was at this point we reached out to the front desk about trying to get a full or partial refund for the issues we encountered but they notified us that we would have to contact Apple Vacations as they didn't have the ability to give refunds when stays are booked through a third-party. We then had our friend who works in the travel agency business reach out to Apple who then proceeded to wait multiple days to even respond and, when they did, they told us that the rooms were described as EITHER 2 doubles or 1 king and so they were somehow free of fault because they never specified this to our resort even though I had specifically booked the trip as such and had our travel agent friend confirm this info with Apple Vacations twice before we departed for our trip.

The trip was its own headache and we have since put in another formal request for a refund but their automated system told us that they would MAYBE respond to us within 30-45 BUSINESS days (not regular days, business). As a first time customer, I am astounded at the lack of accountability from Apple and, unless we receive a refund for the mental stress we endured on a trip we paid for, I don't plan on ever using their services again and will actively encourage others to avoid at all costs. I am happy to provide confirmation information regarding my specific trip to verify my horrible experience with Apple Vacations and will happily update my review with a few more stars if they end up offering us a proper refund in the future. Until then, avoid at all costs!

Original review: March 6, 2022

I was so excited to book my first ever all inclusive resort trip!! Unforeseen circumstances came up and my friend was unable to come with me. I was not going to go out of country by myself. I called customer service to let them know I needed to reschedule/change or cancel at this time. I could barely understand the guy on the phone, very broken English. He told me we can not change the date of my trip. And they would not refund my trip either. I told him this does not sound right, I asked even, "Because of Covid you are not offering anything in the form of refunds or credit??" He said no! My friend called and spoke with a different customer service agent who told her they can not refund airline tickets at all but they would give credit for future booking when we were ready.

When I called back to cancel and get the credit I spoke with another agent with broken English and he said they will not refund or credit ANYTHING!!! $1200 down the drain! Their website says this: “If you did NOT purchase Travel Protection Plus, any refund due for air-inclusive vacations (after applicable penalties) will be in the form of a travel credit”. When I mentioned this he said the trip is non refundable and no credit will be applied. Worst company and customer service ever! Beware! I will never book through them ever again!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I am repeat Apple customer. The reason you go through a travel agency is to have someone to contact when things go wrong. Our flight was cancelled. I waited 1.59 hours on the phone with an Apple representative to be told they could not help us and we would have to rebook our own flights. The rep was supposed to contact the hotel. I was to call back with the details when I rebooked. I was on the phone for another 2.57 hours when I called back. The hotel and transportation company where supposed to be contacted. When we arrived in Cancun we did no have transportation for the four people on the reservation. The hotel had not been contacted and cancelled our reservation. There was no one at the hotel to help us. Very dissatisfied. The Amstar rep at the hotel had to look into it the next day. Renee W

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I’ve posted this on many sites. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may be making reservations in the future. We recently returned home. We had a great experience at the resort but our weather delay at the onset and our return home was a nightmare! I’ve always made my own reservations through APPLE VACATIONS but when we had these delays and issues at the airport there was NO help at all! Several thousand dollars later we had to make our own reservations and flights for the next day to get home and of course APPLE insurance will not answer emails, talk to you, or cover anything! Any help or ideas are appreciated but at this point I’ll just keep putting this out there!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I purchase vacation package and the travel insurance PLUS, incase needed to be cancelled. Had to cancel the reservation due to sickness. One rep advised that I would receive a refund due to having insurance. I only received a travel credit. I was told that my policy only provided for a travel credit. Another rep Maria ** told me that if I do not use the travel credit, Apple will keep my money. Maria referred me to her supervisor Hector ** - Assistant Call Center Manager at

B2B Premium & Complex in Colombia. Hector refused to provide the Call Center Manager's name. I have been on the phone forever multiple times, placed on hold - the wait time is 1.5 hour. No resolution! Unacceptable, furthermore I will never use Apple Vacations again. It needs to be investigated and shut down completely.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

My son, his friend and I booked a family vacation on 12/27/21 to Cancun with 3. We were flying out of St. Louis. Our flight was cancelled in less than 10 hours before the flight (Spirt Airlines) due to weather. Apple Vacations was not available to help. We were not able to re-schedule due to our work schedules, I immediately cancelled our vacation. I tried to Contacted Apple Vacations several times. Spent hours on the phone about a refund. I could hardly understand any agent I talked to, terrible English. Transferred, dropped calls, different departments, hours wasted.

Then finally one agent told us to fill out all this paperwork and mail to them for maybe a refund. WE BOUGHT THE TRAVEL INSURANCE TOO! Furthermore I will never use Apple Vacations again. I will be reporting this to the BBB, still waiting for a resolution. I did report it to my credit card company which will investigate for failure to perform goods or services, best advice I would give to anyone this happens to. AVOID APPLE VACATIONS!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

On 12/31/2021 I book a reservation (**) for a vacation package of two nights for two people for a total cost of $979.28. Due to my grandmother passing away I called to cancel the vacation. As you can understand a vacation is the last thing on my mind. I called Apple and was instructed to call as soon as I had the death certificate, and I would be given an email to send the certificate to get a refund without any cancellation fees. I was advised all notes would be on the reservation. After spending over an hour on the phone to get the email address to send the certificate, I was told the refund can not be processed. Even after representative confirmed the note was on my reservation. My repeated request to speak to a supervisor, or get an email to write a complaint was ignored.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Updated on 02/24/2022: When this site indicates "Resolution in Progress", it seems to mean that I have written my review and that I received a boiler plate response that all reviews get... "Hi insert name, please send your booking number and contact information so we can best assist!" Apple has made no actual attempt to contact me via this site nor have they responded to my nearly two month old emails. See my review below. This company books your trip and they are done. You are hanging in the wind, do not expect any kind of service post or during vacation. All of the Apple company responses that indicate Apple is eager to help are a farce. They do NOT contact you. CRAP company.

Original: We had an issue pre and post travel. Some due to COVID, some due to cancelled flight. We planned to go to Curacao over Christmas with 6 of us. Two days before our trip the rules changed and we each now had to get a negative PCR covid test at $280 each. That is in no way Apple's fault. Just a hassle and we all passed. The evening of the departure, Christmas Eve, my daughter found she was in the presence of a person that tested positive. Due to the travel restrictions she was instructed not to travel. She ended up testing positive on Christmas Day. Before we left the gate we now had one plane ticket that we were expecting a refund for. The trip was fine though the accommodations were subpar. We just went with it, happy to be in the sun.

On New Year's Eve, the day of our departure, we passed all of our Covid tests that would allow us to leave the island. We booked our shuttle to the airport and our flight was on time. By the time we had lunch our flight had been cancelled. We were not told if it was due to weather or Covid. We immediately booked a new flight for the next day but we now had nowhere to stay. We needed to book a room asap. The concierge and the AMR representative spent a LONG time on the phone trying to get ahold of Apple for assistance and instruction. Apple did not pick up the phone.

Ultimately the people at our resort booked us into the last couple of rooms for one more night at a total cost of $1200 and we made the best of it. We were told to contact Apple when we got back for a refund. We emailed a couple days after we returned. We got no response. Given all the craziness that was going on with Covid and the weather we waited a few days to let things settle down for Apple as travel was nuts.

On January 8th I called the 1-800 number. There was no good option to push for my issue. After a nearly 1.5 hour wait which resulted in a transfer to the proper department and another 30min wait we ended up with "we got your email and we will get back to you". We got one email after that indicating that they were on it. and needed COVID test documentation for my daughter. We attached that and waited. We have sent three more emails and nothing has been done. Not even an acknowledgment that they received our doctor's note or any indication that progress is being made.

It has now been nearly 6 weeks and I don't know what to do. I feel I have been patient. I need my American Airline ticket number for the unused ticket. I can only get that from Apple as we were never issued a ticket. I believe I have recourse with my credit card in terms of travel protection but I need to clear up what can do with Apple first. I won't blame Apple for the insanity of travel during a pandemic. I do fault them for lack of adequate communication.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

We booked a vacation at an All-Inclusive resort through Apple Vacations. It was a great deal at a Secrets resort in Mexico that has not yet opened. We were FORCED to cancel our vacation because the resort opening was delayed and the resort would not be open when we were scheduled to be there... not our fault. Since this was not our fault, we requested a cash refund but instead they offered us two options that were at the same cash value but a much lesser quality resort. We did purchase insurance, however, my wife and I had been looking forward to this vacation for months now and had no intention of canceling. I find it absurd that Apple Vacations can't offer a cash refund when they offer you a service that they cannot guarantee. It almost seems like this was a scam. Now our option is to pay more money to get the experience we originally paid for or settle for a lesser vacation we don't really want.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I booked a vacation and had to cancel due to covid infection 2 days before my trip. Call the agency immediately and even though I had insurance on the trip I was told that I would not be able to get a full refund. I was told they would contact me with what my refund total would be within 24 to 48 hrs since it was the weekend. 4 weeks later and multiple calls that have been dropped upon transfer from one department to another and literally hours on hold, I still haven't talked with anyone to resolve this issue or obtain any information. I do not fill out complaints or do reviews, but this is unexceptable!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

My partner and I booked a family vacation on 4/1/21 to Costa Rica with 3 other couples. We were only ones flying out of Detroit. Our flight was cancelled in less than 8 hours before the flight. Apple Vacations was not available to help. We were not able to get another flight to reach our connecting flight. I immediately cancelled my vacation. Contacted Apple Vacations several times. I was told in November and December I was receiving a full refund in 60 days. January I am told I'm not getting refunded but only a partial credit to be used by the end of October. Unacceptable, we can't fly anywhere with this pandemic, furthermore I will never use Apple Vacations again. They lied to me twice! Reported to the BBB also, still waiting for a resolution.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

An impending weather front was going to arrive the day of our vacation departure. To avoid delays we attempted to push our up departure date and extend our vacation by one day. Prior to calling Apple Vacations my wife checked out to be sure that flights would be available and indeed there was a flight going out on the same carrier at the same time a day earlier. There was also another flight going out a few minutes later on a different carrier at a lower price. We called as soon as the service department was open and after a few minutes were connected to an agent. We explained the situation and he indicated that he would have to transfer the call to another agent, the call was dropped. We then returned a call and after nearly an hour wait we were connect to another agent. We explained our situation and indicated whatever she does don’t cancel our original booking until she is able to book an appropriate new flight.

After an extended period of time she was unable to make a reasonable booking without extensive layovers even when told flights were available. She would constantly indicate that she would have to speak to her supervisor which would very time consuming while on hold. During one of these delays my wife called the airline to find out that the agent had canceled our flights both outgoing and incoming. During the next delay we called another agent on another phone and received a similar response consistently suggestions that they would need to speak to their supervisor causing us to be on hold.

All the while the potential suggested outgoing and now income flights were becoming more problematic. We then asked the agent to look into adding another day at the resort. After another extended hold I inquired as to the price which he indicated was to be $1,007 even when I was aware that other booking agents provided a price close to $500. After 11.5 hours on the phone, mostly on hold the agents were not able to book reasonable flights even when provided available options. In the end the agent indicated there are no supervisors and the time we spent on hold was pointless.

We finally asked if the agent would just be able to refund the total price of our vacation as it was requested within 3 days of departure and we had insurance. We have only received a voucher not a cash refund. We attempted to check out if our refund had indeed been processed but returned to the same comment that we would be put on hold and ended with the agent not being able to provide appropriate information. We have booked numerous vacations with Apple Vacations for 22 years and since they have outsourced their customer service internationally service is very challenging to near impossible to deal with.

We experienced a similar problem with a booking in November. Several days prior to our departure my wife to a PCR covid test as we both took rapid tests. The rapid tests were negative but the day before our departure here PCR test came back positive. (It was a false positive.) In an effort to cancel and rebook were on the phone with an agent for several hours and finally ended up making a booking with substantial cancelation fees. The agent booked us into a resort that unbeknown to us happened to be prepping for a two week long music festival. Mid week the beach was consumed by a huge professional sound stage that was right in front of the main pool. High voltage cables were placed adjacent to and over the pool. Forklifts whirled around to pool deck and the lobby turned into a storage area for equipment.

As the week continued the number of guests declined as did the buffet and entertainment. Services also declined and maintenance seemed to be minimized. The agent should have been aware of this situation and then suggested another property or date but due to what appears to be a lack of training neither were considered. At this time other than an email from the agent we are not sure if we have a credit. We considered rebooking the same resort but the price has greatly increased. Due to extremely poor customer service both our early and midwinter vacations were a total mess.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I purchased a trip through Apple Vacations in June 2021 for a vacation in January 2022. At the time I purchased my vacation, I was also told that I had trip insurance and could cancel for any reason. After paying my final payment in December 2021, I was issued my travel documents as well as a reference to my Travel Insurance through Trip Mate. My group had to cancel six days before our trip because the Turks & Caicos had reached Level 4 -- highest Covid level. Upon cancelling, we were told that our policy only provided for a travel credit. We were never told by our travel agent that there were different policies we could have picked from.

My travel insurance pamphlet states "cancel for any reason." Now I am in a wait and see with Apple Vacations as far as getting my credit card credited with the entire amount. I feel Apple Vacations deliberately did not tell our group that we would only get a travel credit. This is bait and switch! After reading hundreds of reviews about this company, I will never use them again.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Lorraine, please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

My wife and I all packed arrived at airport with Itinerary in hand and flight reservations confirmed to get our boarding passes and found out they were not paid and flights canceled. We paid the travel agency at Odyssey travel in Altoona Iowa in full for a whole package to see the Northern lights in Alaska which you want clear skies for and the weather said those days we picked were good days for clear skies. But could not go because Apple Vacations did not do their part, no fault of ours. Now I still am trying to get my money back for their mess up. Looks like a attorney will be needed. Do not use this company.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Kelly! Please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We booked all inclusive vacation through Apple Vacations (Ocean Coral Springs Jamaica) and it was horrific from the start. Apple allowed the resort to dictate the ridiculous solution. Beyond Worthless.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Geneva, please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

When our flight was cancelled just before boarding we knew we would miss our connection to PUJ - we called Apple with another flight number from the same airport, cheaper, that would get us there on time. They said we had to stay with the new flight that was booked for us and a new connection would be made - this resulted in us checking in at 11:40 pm on day 1 instead of 2:00 pm- and losing 25% of our trip - Apple would not credit us this day -even though it was 20 min - it still counted as a day. We were told if we had waited for midnight to check in, we would have been credited. They were awful to deal with and just want money without providing a service.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Ron, please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Went on the Internet last night to book a vacation from Pittsburgh airport to Las Vegas Nevada from April 16 to the 24th for my anniversary. Got cleaned the end of the booking. Entered my charge card numbers. They deducted the money from my account. It said, "Processing your reservations". Then it said, "Try again". Check my bank account after this happen. They deducted $2239.58. Tried to get back on the website to see if I could get my confirmation numbers. Website took me to the home screen. Called this morning. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I had to go to my bank to try to get my money back.

Went to my bank. My bank told me there is nothing they could do for me either other than find a dispute but they don’t guarantee I will ever get the money back. Me and my wife worked hard for this vacation and it doesn’t look like we’re going on though because the Apple Vacations. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Bruce, please send your booking number and contact information so we can best assist!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

We booked an Apple trip through a travel agent. We were supposed to go in the fall of 2020. Of course like many other things it was canceled. We were making payments. I had insurance. They kept the insurance money and a percentage and gave us a credit. Just recently our agent informed us our measly credit expired and they refuse to bring it back because people are traveling right now, so why should they? This is a gross practice. I have no need to be in a foreign country and possibly get sick or be sick when I arrive, not knowing. Especially right now, January is 2021 when the cases are higher than they have ever been.

I'm sure Apple received a ridiculous amount of stimulus money, yet need to keep those credits from folks whose trips were canceled for things of our control. And I was good with a credit (which is also kind of shady) but it should never expire. Don't book if you want any sort of money or credit, even if the CDC says you shouldn't be traveling at the time!!

Apple Vacations response

Thank you! What is your best contact information?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We booked a vacation with Apple Vacations to have the security of assistance if need be while traveling- the feeling of a safety net. When we arrived at the airport after getting no alerts to find that our flight had been canceled, I tried, to no avail, to reach a representative. (The alert said I would be on hold for 25 minutes- I hung up after 2hrs.)

I handled to rebooking of flights on my own- no help from our travel agent. I realized then however that I was concerned about our shuttle to and from the airport. New flights meant we would be landing at a later time so I emailed Apple (because we would be on a flight and then, in a foreign country and I wasn't sure how my phone would work for calls....) I explained the situation & asked for assurance we would have a ride to the hotel. I kept getting a canned response saying someone would be in touch with me. We made it to the hotel with no help from our travel agent. When we arrived I spoke to the Apple rep who works at the resort - he said they said they had been in touch with me. (They hadn't been.) He agreed to escalate.

4 DAYS LATER they emailed me and basically said "looks like you figured it out and made it to the resort." I responded stating how horrified I was at the urgency the during travel team felt to ensure their customers were safe and comfortable. They responded to a person with a different name than mine, thanking them for emailing Cheap Caribbean Vacations??? To this day, no response, no apologies, no attempt at resolution. We will NEVER use Apple Vacations again & I will make sure anyone I know knows how terribly the customer service experience with them was. WHAT IS THE POINT of travel assistance if they offer none?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Updated on 01/14/2022: I have already written several reviews warning people that Apple Vacations is a Fraudulent company. I have provided them with all the information they requested - my itinerary number, email address, and phone number - yet NO ONE has reached out to me to resolve my problem. Apple Vacations is a fraudulent company. It needs to be investigated and either be held accountable for defrauding its customers or shut down completely.

Updated on 1/12/2022: Hello, I already submitted my complaint and received a response from Apple Vacations to email them at avsocialteam@applevac.com. This email is a fake. I tried emailing them and it came back as an error (i.e. wrong email address). Shame on Apple Vacations. Someone needs to report this company for fraud. They need to shut down this company. It is not a legitimate and honest company. Do not use this company.

Original review: We booked a vacation with Apple Vacations to Cancun in October 2020 then decided to postpone it because of Covid-19. After spending almost 10 hours on the phone with different representatives and receiving emails documenting our credit amount, Apple Vacations still charged us about $700 in penalties for re-scheduling DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. Shame on Apple Vacations for charging anything during the Covid-19 pandemic. Shame on Apple Vacations for letting their customers spend 2 hours per phone call with their representatives. Shame on Apple Vacations for not honoring the emails from their own representatives documenting their customers' credit. We will NEVER EVER use apple vacations again.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Mervat, please send us an email to avsocialteam@applevac.com with your booking number so we can best assist you!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I purchased a vacation to Las Vegas on the Apple Vacations website. On December 24th, I missed my flight. Despite calling every number I was given, sending several emails and finally speaking with a representative for 1 hr 51 mins, I ended up with cancelled hotel reservations that I was unaware of. At the end of the conversation with the representative I was lead to believe that everyone had been contacted to just shift my reservations and we just had to wait for the hotel to respond and we would change the return flight. I had already secured another flight to Vegas on my own. When I never received a response on my hotel accommodations, I called the hotel and they informed me, my reservations had been cancelled by Apple. So, if I had not checked I would have been in Vegas with no rooms.

When I called Apple once again the representative said he didn’t know why my reservations were cancelled and seen nothing about changing my stay and return flight. He asked me if I wanted both of my reservations reinstated and I said, “Yes”. When my son and I arrived at the hotel they said my son didn’t have a room and my room only had one bed. My son is an adult and I don’t think he wants to share a bed with his mother. I’m assuming due to everything I was experiencing, the representative took pity on me and spoke with her manager about reinstating my son’s reservation. I was told previously that since I booked through a third party, Apple would have to do the modification. I do not plan on using Apple again, they made a bad situation worse.

Apple Vacations response

We are sorry to hear this Delicia. Please send us an email to socialteam@applevac.com with your booking number so that we can best assist you. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

We schedule a trip through a travel agent. When we had to cancel due to positive covid test we found out travel agent picked the incorrect insurance which cover the entire cost in emergencies. The refused to issue monetary refund although their system states it was booked through an agent. I will never use a company who does not care for the customers. I have started to reach out to every local, national news agency in order for this to be known. Stay away from this company!!!! Absolutely terrible. Reading the review this seems to be their bait and switch. I only see contact this email as their response to every review. What about reaching out to rectify the issue?

Apple Vacations response

Hi there, please send us an email to socialteam@applevac.com with your booking number so we can best assist. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

First time booking, all is well, until we get to the Puerto Plato, and no shuttle comes to pick us up, we got the taxi, and after 1.5 hours drive, and $80 later got to the resort, where they tell us that we are booked from dec. 5-13. All our resort and flights are for dec. 4-12. How in the world the Apple Vacations rep. all I know that his name is Williams, can send the wrong information to the resort I don’t know. First and last time will I ever use Apple Vacations.

Hi Olga,

Please send us an email with your booking number to socialteam@applevac.com so we can assist.

Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I booked and cancelled my vacation with Apple through an agent and paid for trip cancellation insurance. I didn't receive a refund and Apple issued a travel credit. The agent hasn't received a response from Apple from her appeal, for a refund as she requested. This has been since the summer of 2021. I hope we all can file a class action and get interest on our money if we ever get a refund from Apple.

Apple Vacations response

Hi Yolanda, please send us an email with your booking number to socialteam@applevac.com so we can assist you!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Our experience with Apple's customer service began (or didn't begin) with us leaving for the airport at 2am for our 6am flight to Chicago (then on to Punta Cana). We checked in the night before (only 8 hours prior to departure), but when we got to the airport, our flight was cancelled. We never received notification from the airline. The airline told us since it was booked through Apple, they received the notification. Not only didn't they contact us, they never updated the info on their site when we signed in. Our new flight wouldn't get us to our destination until late the next day. I went to Apple's online chat for help in perhaps getting a refund for the night we missed, I got a cut and pasted answer to call someone else, nothing more.

I called the number and they said they could email the hotel. I asked for a breakdown of the hotel costs since United said they might be able to reimburse us. Apple said they wouldn't give it. I told them if they credit us the one night, we'd already know what the nightly cost was, so what was the difference. The customer service person said no, but maybe if the hotel doesn't refund us the money, they can escalate it. I asked if I'd be notified if that happened. They said, no, call back. I was on hold for an hour, I told them I'm not calling back long distance from Punta Cana, can't they just email me one way or the other. The answer, "no". I've gone on perhaps 20 vacations over the years with Apple...and this is the last.

Apple Vacations response

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The agent my mother worked with, in Branson Missouri, misdirected her and talked her into buying a party trip. When she attempted to make changes to the itinerary she was informed that she could not make changes, effectively forcing her to make a stop in Las Vegas and pay for a hotel that she did not want, on both the initial and the return trip. My family and I attempted to make changes for her once she arrived at her destination but we were informed, by the airlines, that changes could not be made unless we went through the AppleVacations agent.

When we attempted to go through her agent Carl ** he would not help and was screaming at us on the phone. When we told him we had no choice but to ask him for help he contacted the airline but made my mother pay for the changes then threatened us by saying he was recording the call which was a lie! If he did I would love to hear it since it made him look really bad. I would never recommend this agency. The trips they sell are intended to get the agent the highest commission at the expense of the traveler with no way to protect themselves. The small print inhibits you from making changes to the itinerary without having to pay more money, even though the airline will change your flight, time, and date without charging you, and most hotels allow you to cancel within 24 hours without penalty.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I booked my vacation through applevacations.com in December of 2021 to Cancun which was cancelled. After exchanging emails and phone calls, 11 months later I am still awaiting on my refund. The company stopped responding to my emails inquiring about the refund. I hope that there is a class action lawsuit based on the reviews I have read because the treatment I received seems to be the way that applevacations.com conducts daily business.

Apple Vacations Company Information