1.21/5

149 Apple Vacations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2019

I continue to be disappointed with Apple Vacations for this particular trip. We've used Apple in the past (10 yrs ago) and all went ok though we didn't require anything outside of the ticket order. This time, I'm simply trying to access my ticket for our trip leaving tomorrow morning and somehow it won't access my password and it keeps saying technical difficulties. I'm leaving in the morning - this is frustrating that I have to provide the information to Apple that is the whole reason I'm contacting them. The women "helping" me, disconnected the call after I had waited a long time for assistance.

The website was supposed to send me an email to reset my password, which it didn't. I really don't know what service Apple provided. We should have paid less and booked directly as they have not been available to assist with anything. This is not even to mention the first agent I spoke with about booking gave me incorrect information. The call back during the week - business hours, sent me to a more knowledgeable person. We won't be booking with Apple next time.

Original review: April 29, 2019

In January 2019 my husband and I took a trip booked thru Apple Vacations. I have used them in the past and this was a bad enough experience that I will never use them again. We booked at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach in Bahamas. We paid for an Oceanview, taxis both to and from and all inclusive. We arrived with no taxi, never had one pick us up to go back, had to pay our own both ways. They refunded one way with no tip! The resort has so much to be desired. We did not get a oceanview and we had no hot water for one week! We tried to get the resort to fix it daily but they never did. It is dirty and not at all what I would recommend. When I returned, I contacted Apple Vacations to find out they will do NOTHING! I am so disgusted with them and really want to caution other travelers Not to utilize them. They are going to send me two $125 vouchers but told them I will not book with them again. Be careful please. VERY Disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We booked a trip to Jamaica at the Iberostar resort which was a great resort. Our travel agent - Vacations To Go - said we could save $ by taking the air/hotel as a package deal through Apple. 4 of us were bumped and we all had booked through Apple. Apple gets the tickets at a discount & the airline implied that is why we were the ones to get bumped. There were people getting on the flight that had booked weeks in advance and we had booked more than a month in advance & the other couple booked 6 months in advance! We were bumped from both our departing & returning flights and ended up losing 1 day of our vacation. If you book your air as a part of the package beware because you are at a higher risk of getting bumped from your flight! Very disappointing!

Original review: March 9, 2019

To whom it may concern! Which I hope is someone. I wanted to share my experience with Apple Vacations website and customer service. After looking on the main page of your website, I noticed a kids stay and eat free promo. So excited! But unfortunately when clicking on the particular resort which was Cancun Beach Place (all-Inclusive) kids and teens ages 4-17 stay free! Nothing happens and no other information is given, nowhere to put in your dates, nowhere to see additional information. So I decided to call and to my disbelief your own customer service representatives had no clue what I was even talking about. I had to walk them through exactly what I did on your website - shame!

After all of that the first representative said that kids are not exactly free. What does that even mean? What does free mean to Apple? I spent 30 min with the first representative and did not get any questions answered reasonably. Then I called back one more time. I spoke to another representative who was nice and more knowledgeable but still unable to answer questions about the kids stay free promotion. I then asked to speak to a higher ranking rep and was connected to Ruth after 1 hour on hold. She was also unable to answer any questions and was very rude.

As a customer trying to book a trip for 9 people, I am disappointed in the way Apple falsely advertises promotions that are either not available or that no one from Apple has any knowledge of. You can listen to the customer service recordings from March 8 around 3:00 central time and hear what I was told. Thank you for your time. I will post my concerns on Google reviews as well.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I am merely trying to change the date of a vacation package I just book 3 weeks ago - I am scheduled to attend in May 2019. I have called numerous times, transferred numerous times, and just hung up after being on hold an entire hour - I kid you not an entire hour. I really wanted to resolve my issue so I was diligently holding on for a representative that claimed he could not even locate my reservation.

I just spoke with another representative about about a hour ago - on the line holding with her about 30 min. She located the account and indicated she would call me back. She called back only to tell me that it was another dept that needed to help me. I called back and the other representative claim he cannot locate the reservation at all to hold on and an hour later - I give up. What is wrong with this company - it really should just go out of business... Really. Please use Bookit or Caribbean.com. Runaway from Apple. Save yourself a headache and your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: March 3, 2019

We booked a Six Golden Apple Square Deal about two weeks prior to departure. The common areas of Dreams Punta Cana were very nice and well maintained however our room and the building it was in weren't that nice. After a long day of travel and check in we were directed to a Vacation Club salesman, not cool. We did go on the tour and learned that the parent company of Apple Vacations and Dreams Resorts are the same, Apple Leisure Group. To me this presents a conflict of interest, Apple Vacations rating resorts that are owned by the same company. Bottom line you really can't trust the Apple Rating system for any AMResorts, ie Dreams, Secrets, Zoerty, Now, Breathless, etc.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

5 Hours Later...And no reservation! Tried to join a twosome who already had a reservation and all I needed was to get on their flight which had seats available. 5 Hours, yes 5 hours divided up over two days. They promised me a confirmation email and I would pay when I got the confirmation. Guess what? No email. I ended up booking through BookIt.com into my own room. I will NEVER recommend or use again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Apple Vacation has a charter from Kansas City and other US cities traveling to Cancun and Punta Cana. On their reservation site it gives a place to read the information of what the airline charge for baggage. Frontier Airlines is who they have the contract with. It does not say that you have to prepay for bags on the reservation or they will charge more at the airport. Also when the traveler checks in at the airport to pay $60.00 round-trip for their bag that they will be lied to and then charged again on the return. The dishonesty of both Apple Vacations and Frontier airlines is why so many people don't enjoy traveling or trust the travel companies. Protect yourself and make sure you go by the airline's website and not Apple's.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Absolutely do not use Apple Vacations. After what we have been going through over the last few weeks I will never recommend Apple Vacations, and will tell everyone I know and write reviews on them on every site I can find. A large group of my friends booked with them a few months ago. At time of booking they told the agent that we would have at least one more person going on the trip but needed to wait to book their travel till later. Also confirmed at that time that we would just be adding the extra people to the already booked rooms... At that time we were told no problem we can do that, the new guest would have to pay the going rate at the time they book. We said great. We are not adding a room, and there is several extra spots in the other rooms already booked to add several more people. We paid extra at time of booking to confirm the hotel wouldn't run out of rooms.

Now Apple is telling us we have to pay $400 more than the published booking price to add a person to any room. We have called several different times and been told different stories. Bottom line they lied to us at booking so we paid extra for extra space in each room, that we know cannot use. This is a very unethical company that promises whatever it takes to get your business, once they have your money they do not stand by their word. I have traveled to Mexico several times for business, and with Funjet. I have never received this lack of customer service from any other agent.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My family and I took a Vacation to Riveria Maya to celebrate the New Year. Though two hours before our 7 a.m. flight was to depart out of Detroit while we were checking in we got delayed until 2 p.m. Then received $15 food vouchers as compensation. Then when we still had no plane at 2 p.m. no one seemingly knew what was going on. We did not board a plane until nearly 3:30 p.m. A 8 and a half hour delay on our flight is how we started this trip. We even bought insurances for the vacation through Apple Vacations for a situation like this. Though they felt that even though we arrived in Cancun, the airport we were flying into, we landed at 9 p.m. instead of 11 a.m. We did not get to our resort in Riveria Maya until 11 p.m. We lost an entire day of vacation that we invested thousands of dollars into, and all we get in compensation was a couple $15 dollar flight vouchers that worked at select stores within the Detroit Metro Airport.

Apple Vacations is a joke. I would never. Ever. Take a vacation through them. The stress and aggravations they caused my family and I on the first day set and unpleasant mood for following day or two. If someone offered me a free trip through them, I would say, "No thank you." That is how strongly I feel about them. We talked to other people who have used them before and they said they are always disorganized and are never reliable. If you choose to book a vacation through them, good luck god bless, I hope you do not have an experience like we had. Though I feel like if you are looking for a stress free relaxing vacation through them, it's like trying to find a toothpick in a hay pile.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Worst customer service company in the world. Hold times over an hour. When they answer the phone they either hang up or put you on another hold for an hour. They transfer you without your knowledge. Just a mess of a company. Understaffed and rude.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

9/2018 I was promised 4 vouchers by apple. I’m still waiting!!!! Due to overbooking and the flight leaving 40 minutes early, my family and I could not travel. After months of dealing with them they said they would give us 4 vouchers for airfare. No vouchers have been received or issued as of 1-24-2019! They lied to my credit card company, claiming we were a no show and no call! As long as they CLAIM they are giving me vouchers my credit card company can’t do anything about a refund. You are crooks and liars!!!! And do very incompetent, telling me I need to call American for my vouchers. I was booked on Spirit, FYI neither company has vouchers for me. They both said Apple Vacations is supposed to issue the vouchers. I have spent months on the phone regarding this matter to no avail!!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

If I could give them negative stars, I would have. First of all, we were sold Dreams Sands in Cancun as a "6 golden apples" resort that is totally better than the Iberostar properties on Riviera Maya. We paid the price accordingly. Well, upon arriving to the said resort with four kids in tow, we discovered a tiny place with a single correspondingly tiny pool and a knee-deep "beach". In fact, we were told, that this so-called beach is an extension of the kids' pool. The rooms were shabby, small, and to add insult to the injury, we got thunderous AC in them. I spent half night trying to fall asleep, unsuccessfully I must add.

Our all-included food choices were limited by a single place. Unlike other all inclusive resorts we stayed in, this one required a check-in at the front. So, we had to stand in a line for about 10 minutes before getting a table. The food choices were limited and sub-par. Anyway, the very day we arrived, we decided to seek Apple Vacation's help in moving up to our usual Iberostar resort. Called them and got the messages honestly warning us that the wait time would be 290 minutes. Yes, it's two hundred and ninety minutes.

Pro tip here: if you find yourself dealing with Apple Vacations and you are trying to reach a customer rep, don't bother with the "existing reservation" option. Just go with the "new reservation" - it has far shorter line and you will just give them your booking number. Anyway, we resumed our quest the next day. Cornered the Apple rep at the resort. And he just outright told us that he couldn't help us, since we didn't pay money to him. So, we tried calling the Apple Vacations customer service again. The wait time was 60 minutes for the new reservation this time around.

Finally, got through, did some blah blah blah with a rep. Were told to go pound the sand, insisted on changing the resorts, were told to talk to the hotel manager, waited 2 more hours to find this manager (who, by the way, turned out to be the most helpful in this whole nightmare of a vacation), got a letter from him saying that he's Ok with us leaving.

Now armed with this absolution letter, back to the Apple Vacations rep, he spent another 2 hours getting through to his office. Finally, we had to pay $2.5K extra to switch the resorts. But you know what, it was worth it all in the end. We were able to get a vacation, at least. And we learnt an invaluable lesson - NEVER EVER to have any business with Apple Vacations. They will take your money, but good luck clawing it back from them even if you're sold a lie.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Please beware. Do not do business with them. They are horrible... Book a trip with them and found out a two month within booking I had to have surgery so I cancel my vacation with them which there was a $45 dollar penalty and I was suppose to be refunded 80 bucks. They spin me around for a month. Until this day I yet to get my deposit. You are better off going to a real travel agent near you. They don’t charge you anything to book you a vacation... Then that also said it was on my bank behalf the reason of me not getting my refund which was bull. I been with this bank for over 10 years. No error of that kind has been made.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We paid for our vacation at 5 Apples Resort 2 months in advance. When we arrived to the hotel we found out that there is a problem at the beach that was going on for about a month (dirty water, sewerage smell, tons of seaweed, a black sand, and a construction work). We got a beach front rooms so the smell in the rooms was as strong as at the beach, as well as the noise up to 11:30 pm. After trying to change the hotel the next morning based on the fact that Apple failed to give us any notice, we discussed this with Apple rep and the only option provided was to pay an extra 3k for a family of 4.

All our questions about safety of swimming and any water probes for bacterial range taken were ether ignored or answered like "this is ocean, its big and changes too fast". My mom had a leg injury (torn tendon), so the whole idea of taking vacation was to get the benefit of seawater healing properties, not to be at the pool. We asked if the hotel can accommodate some kind of transportation for her (she was using crutches) to the closest clean beach about 1 mile away but were told that if something happens an insurance is not going to cover it, so no.

To be fair, I have to mention that hotel manager was nice with us and tried to make us happier with the stay by providing a 25 min massage for our family. Apple Vacations from their side did nothing! No refund if we were to leave the first morning, no discount, no change of the hotels without a huge additional fee, not even the opportunity to talk to the manager (we were told he is not at work at the moment for a few hours until we stopped trying to reach him).

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We just booked a 5 day vacation for 2 to Puerto Vallarta through Apple Vacations, everything from cheapest seats on the flight to the worst upgrade of the room.

The whole experience was a disappointment, coming to find out we could have had the same hotel room and the flights for $900 less than what we paid Apple.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Don't waste your money doing business with them. We booked 7 nights 5 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana for December 1 to Punta Cana. On November 30th Apple Vacations called to tell us we were going to be sent to Sunscape Dominican Beach, which was not truly a "deluxe" resort. This place is 2 star - not 5 stars resort with bad service, very poor variety of food, destroyed beach area and dirty water. I called back to customer service and asked them to change resort cause we paid for 5 stars but they told us it's already late and everything is booked at this time and if we want to go to different place we need to pay extra. So it was our last deal with Apple vacation and I will post everywhere, on Facebook, on Instagram, I'll tell all my friends never have a business with company who is lying to their customers!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. Pros: 20 minutes drive from the airport. Good food, fine sand on the beach, clean sea. Cons: Resort overall looks like a Motel 6. Been to many Apple Vacations resorts, I would rate it as a 3 red apples.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is my first time booking with Apple Vacations and I can assure that it will be my absolute time. First, unless you are making a payment it is extremely difficult, to get through to someone to speak about your trip. In January of 2019, I will be using the service of this company, for a girl's trip celebrating my friend’s 40th birthday. During the course of planning this trip, I have experienced talking with some extremely unprofessional Customer Service Representatives and one very rude Accounts Payable Representative Ann **. After trying to reach, someone in the Finance Department for months, Ms. ** called and demanded final payment. I have NEVER spoke with such a rude agency representative in my life. Based on the level of customer service (or lack thereof) I received from this company they will never have my business again.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Don't waste your money doing business with them. They sold me a room which was not an option when we arrived in the Bahamas. Even they send me an email with screenshots from the website that prove my case and still there was a 0 support when I called the hotline or when I reached over the email.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Please think twice before booking a group with Apple Vacations. They are very difficult to deal with. Their contract is confusing and the gross does not include all fees and taxes. Usually gross is the total due. Their representatives are not helpful and hard to communicate with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Unprofessional Apple Representative - Ocean Riviera Paradise - Our family has only booked through Apple Vacations when traveling to all inclusive destinations and we have never had issues with Apple until this recent trip. My husband visited with the Apple Rep the morning after we arrived to confirm our pickup time for August 11th to go back to the airport. The time he says he was given was 10:50 am. We did go back to let the Apple Reps know about the disappointment with Dolphin Discovery and confirmed our pick up time. I thought I also heard 10:50 am. But this could have also been due to my husband already telling me the time. The day of our departure, we had our suitcases out in the front lobby at 9:00 am.

We went to eat and was back sitting in front of the Apple Reception area at 10:15 am. By 10:35 am we went up front to the main lobby to await our shuttle. By 11:00 am, my husband went back to the Apple Reps who told them our pick up time was 10:20 am - not 10:50 am. I am not sure how there was a mix up between the two times 10:20 and 10:50, but there was. Needless to say, we missed our shuttle because we were sitting in front of Apple Reps and not in the front lobby. Why would the shuttle driver not call the Apple Reps??? All they had to do was simply call out our names! There were two Apple Reps assisting my husband when I walked back there. One was on the phone speaking to shuttle services while the other, Giovanni was being very unprofessional.

The conversation did get heated and Giovanni told my husband that we would be responsible for a taxi back to the airport. Giovanni looked right at me and told me that he personally told me 10:20 am. This immediately struck a nerve with me as I had never seen this individual before. I specifically remember the very nice gentleman that was on the phone from the day prior. I am sorry I do not remember his name and wished I had wrote it down as Apple needs more Reps like him. Both my husband and I walked off. I asked the front desk to call me a taxi. Due to us having 6 people, this was going to cost $107 dollars. Both Apple Reps walked up to the front lobby and the nicer gentleman was still on the phone and advised my husband that they may have found another shuttle to take us.

I walked over to both Apple Reps and asked if I needed to cancel the taxi. While the nice Apple Rep was still on the phone, I told Giovanni that this is ridiculous that the times would get mixed up like this. Giovanni raised his voice and again told me he personally told me 10:20 am. I denied our alleged prior encounter and I yelled back and asked if he was calling me a liar. Giovanni became hostile to say the least and caused a scene and started yelling at his co-worker to "get off the phone immediately and do NOT help these people". He kept yelling at his co worker to hang up the phone. My mother had to walk away with our three children because of Giovanni becoming very agitated and unprofessional.

I will admit that I yelled back at him because he WILL NOT speak to me in that manner. I am his customer and for him to be that disrespectful to both my husband and I in front of a lobby full of vacationers is unheard of. The nice Apple Rep did confirm that there unfortunately was no shuttle available and that we would be responsible for the taxi. He did confirm that I could pay the taxi driver with a credit card and for me to contact Apple to seek reimbursement.

The taxi drove us to the airport and when I handed him my credit card he told me he did not accept credit cards! I found an ATM but unfortunately the ATM did not provide US Dollars and gave me $200 pesos. I had to find another ATM on the other side of the airport. By time I was charged two ATM transaction fees $15.00 each, plus $2.50 each from my bank and got out the $100. Luckily we made our flight but not without a lot of stress and my kids getting all upset and overwhelmed thinking we were going to be stranded in Mexico.

I contacted Apple and wrote them the same review as above and there was NO apology for Giovanni. Apple responded that they needed to see my receipt from the taxi driver... Obtaining a receipt was the last thing on my mind when we were already late getting to the airport and me trying to find an ATM with US dollars. Needless to say, I never heard back from Apple. Apple Vacations has lost our business after 15 years. I am not worried about the taxi reimbursement but to not even get an apology for being yelled and screamed at by one of their Representatives in front of little children is insane.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Just try to call them first - it will take 40 minutes. They sold me oceanview suite for 3 persons and there was pool view room (technicially you could see ocean in a distance) but room has 1 king size bed and they said that’s normal.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

After spending many hours to book my family vacation with an Apple representative over the phone. Carefully going over every detail to make sure everything I was paying for would happen, I was deeply let down by what I actually received. First, I paid for direct pick up service from the airport to the hotel. That did not happen, we were shuttle bused with many stops along the way. Very frustrating as we were the last to be dropped off not to mention the countless hours to arrive at our hotel. When we finally arrived at the hotel and entered into our room we were deeply dissatisfied. What I purchased and was told our room would be was nothing of the sort. I was told there were two bathrooms and a multi level room. The actual room we had to stay in only had one bathroom and 2 beds pushed next to one another.

When I was booking this vacation with a live Apple representative, I mentioned the countless complaints I had read on all the review sites. The Apple rep assured me that if there any issues to call them and they would take care of the problem. After sitting on the phone for 45 minutes an option finally came to leave my name, number and booking reference number. The message said, "We are busy helping others at this time, we will have someone call you. Please leave your number." So I left my number and the recording even read my number back to me. I am still waiting to hear from Apple. I also repeated this process the next day with the same response... NOTHING!!! I will not book another vacation with Apple. I will recommend others to NOT even attempt to book their vacation with Apple. They truly are dishonest and a total waste of money. STAY AWAY FROM APPLE VACATIONS.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Our flight from BWI to Punta Cana was delayed 4 hrs because they said they needed the plane elsewhere. I have video of the pilot loading the baggage into the plane to speed things up. Return flight was delayed 7 hrs. Stuck in hot lobby of resort for 5 hrs. Seating on plane is so cramped you can't even fit a small bag at your feet. Never ever book an Apple Vacation which uses Swift Air.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Paid for upgrades, did not get. Water leaks everywhere, balcony, skylights, light fixtures, ceilings, 4" of water in room. No one cared. Contacted Apple, no response. BEWARE of Apple Vacations and Grand Oasis Cancun.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Although insurance was purchased for our trip, AV did not compensate us for delayed flights and sleeping on a floor at the Atlanta airport. Will never use this company again, and will advise my friends and family to book their vacations through another company. They blame TripMate for not reimbursing us. How convenient to wash their hands off the problem by blaming someone else! They are so nice to you when you give them your money. When the time comes to be responsible and reimburse people for delays and such - all of a sudden there is no way to do so and the only answer you get is "the decision was made". Embarrassing! Please beware: just because you are purchasing trip insurance, it does not mean Apple Vacations will hold up its end of the agreement.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My fiancé and I just returned from our trip to Punta Cana. Our flight was through Swift Air out of Cleveland Hopkins Airport on Saturday at 7:00 am. There was a delay which was not communicated very well while we were at the airport; we heard several different excuses; from they had to find another plane to they had to get a new crew to they had to get the current crew rested. The delay was from the very start and they stated we would not be leaving until 8:00 am which then turned into 11:00 am. I’m glad we upgraded to first class due to the fact the plane was very old and uncomfortable; the stewardess’s were not very attentive throughout the entire flight and ran out of ice 2 hours into the flight.

When we finally arrived in Punta Cana at 3:30 pm we went through immigration and customs and were the first to arrive on our bus to take us the resort. We were on the correct bus and were told to get on the bus by an Apple representative; I believe it was bus #21. We waited on the bus for nearly 2 hours to get to the resort due to the fact that we were waiting for 1 more couple to arrive. The bus had at least 30 people on it who were VERY eager to get to their destination. The Apple Representative was an ** woman who was EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful and kept saying... “This is not my fault, there was a plane that was delayed and we know about it. You think we weren’t waiting for you guys as well?”

One of the other passengers said to her; “This is money that we are wasting by not being on our vacation and sitting here on this bus!” She said back to him, “You think I like waiting for planes to arrive all day? WE WERE WAITING FOR YOU THIS MORNING!” It was as if we caused her some inconvenience by our plane being delayed yet she was still getting paid. The bus driver was very friendly and kept trying to get the woman to let us leave and get to the resort since we were only waiting for 2 people who may or may not show up. Needless to say after 2 hours of waiting she FINALLY let us leave and the other couple we were “waiting for” never showed up to the bus. We had asked our representative before we finalized booking if we should take an upgraded form of transportation since we had upgraded everything else and she reassured us that Secrets was the first stop and we did not need to upgrade.

Secrets was the first stop but by the time we arrived at the resort it was 6:30 pm. We should have been to the resort by 2:00 pm at the latest. We missed an entire day of our vacation which is extremely disappointing. I cannot get over how rude the Apple Representative was that would not let us leave; if this situation occurs they should have let us leave and found another form of transportation for the other couple.

We ended up running into the other couple that was supposed to be on our bus they were told to get on bus #27 and when they called roll call on their bus they did not say their names but they were told, “Oh it's fine... we will take you there.” It seems like there was a lot of miscommunication and lack of organization. When the lady finally let us leave she again said in a very nasty tone, “THIS IS NOT MY FAULT…” I replied back to her and said... "Yes it is your fault; we could have left 2 hours ago..." this is not OUR fault. Extremely frustrating after traveling since 5 am.

When we arrived to the resort we were taken to our room. We upgraded to “preferred” and were actually put in room 4132 which was not in the preferred section of the resort and were in perfect view of everyone walking from the beach to the pool/restaurants. There also was not much view of the beach since there were tall shrubs everywhere. We were also told that there would be a Jacuzzi but this was not like the ones in the preferred area. This was actually a Jacuzzi bathtub on the balcony.

On the first night we went to the Mexican restaurant; the food on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) I would rate it at a 2. I ordered a chicken quesadilla and it looked as though they put a soft tortilla shell in the microwave with some cheese and called it a quesadilla. My fiancé had the fajitas which he said were decent but definitely not a good impression of the first meal. We tried to order some tequila shots which took 20 mins to get to us and were in wine glasses which was very strange. We walked down to the beach our first night and were disappointed to see and smell all of the seaweed that covered the beach and made it hard to even get to the water without stepping in it. Although it was later in the evening we were bombarded by the panhandler which was very aggravating.

Since we were not happy with the room we asked to move rooms which they did accommodate and moved our room to room 2393 the following day at 5:00 pm. We had to check in with the preferred lounge several times throughout the day to see if our room was ready. When we got to our new room our butler Martin showed us into the room and there was water all over the floor as if someone with wet bathing suit had just walked through and the TV was on which was very strange.

After Martin left us in our new room we noticed the air conditioning was making an awful noise from the fan blade being loose; when the janitor came up to mop up the water on the floor there we asked him to call maintenance to get the AC fixed. We waited in our room for maintenance to come up to fix the AC which a couple hours later was fixed. Not sure if they thought we were someone else/what the confusion was but there was a “happy anniversary sign” on our door but it was not our anniversary... we didn’t say anything but it was just odd that it was on our door.

The next day we noticed the refrigerator was not cold at all; we called the preferred lounge to send someone up to fix it. It was not until the next day that it was fixed. We were exploring the resort and asked a woman a question in regards to what to do with the “key” that was given to us that was to unlock coupons... she couldn’t believe we were had not gone our “welcome breakfast” yet and turned on the charm and friendliness to get us set up. She took us to the main lobby to meet with our Apple Rep Katie. We got set up for the cigar tour for the following day at 9:00 am which did not make the lady who took us there very happy because she wanted to schedule our welcome breakfast for the following day at 8:00 am.

It wasn’t until she walked us back to our room that we realized this was not a “welcome breakfast” and she wasn’t being friendly “just because” she wanted to make sure we got sucked in like all the others she was touring around for the “packages/timeshares/memberships.” I have been on a cruise to the Bahamas and then to Disney but in order to get our Disney tickets “FOR FREE” you had to sit through a “short” meeting which turns into another 3-4 hours of vacation time lost because they’re trying to suck you into their timeshare.

This left a VERY bad taste in my mouth since we had already missed a day due to airline delays/bus issues. We paid a lot of money for this trip and weren’t there to get conned/get anything free/especially the “spa” – that she gave us “free spa coupons to get us sucked into going to this breakfast; which I will say we did NOT attend. We watched people all week and talked to several members who we had to literally try to hold composure as they told us what a “great DEAL” they got... and how they can bring their whole family etc. etc. It’s dirty math... my fiancé is an accountant and when we told people what we paid for the trip they gasped but then proceeded to tell us how much they pay a month... and it literally made ZERO sense. It is NOT a “welcome breakfast” it’s “let’s pray on IDIOTS to give us all of their money and waste their precious vacation time SALES PLOY.”

On the 2nd day at 3:30 pm I ordered room service; the hamburger was completely pink in the middle and the hot dog and fries were cold and very old. Before dinner I called and asked them to come up and take the plates since they had been sitting in our room for several hours. We got back from dinner at 8:30 pm- the plates were still on the table and the turndown service had not come to our room yet. I set the plates outside of our room on the floor to get them out of site. The cleaning lady came after 9 pm and knocked on the door to turn down the room but we were already in bed and asked her not to come in. When we walked of our room the following day at 7:00 am the plates of food were still on the floor next do the door. (Pretty gross since they had been sitting there since 5:30 pm the day before).

Food Ratings: Scale 1-5 (5 being the best) (Tipping there were a lot of people around us tipping- we did not expect this but did want to tip for good service- we did not have single dollar bills and asked in the preferred club and bar if they had change but they did not which would definitely be hurting the employees if there is not a place to get change and you don’t expect to tip- wondering if we had tipped more often if our service would have been different- it was as if the employees expected the tips which we did not expect).

Breakfast Buffett on the beach – 3. Oceana- 3 (lobster was very tough). Seaside Grille Breakfast- 2 (went there twice- ordered the croissant with ham/cheese- croissant was burnt black and the ham/egg/cheese was freezing cold as if it was premade and not warmed up). Seaside Grille Dinner- Salmon & Ribeye – 5 (best meal). Himitsu- Hibatchi dinner -4 (2nd best dinner we had). Portofino – 2 “special dinner” ordered ahead of time lobster was covered in spicy powder of some sort- courses were coming out fast but just too out of the ordinary it was as if they had to get rid of certain food before it went bad so they call it a “special menu”.

Scores Night Bar (we did not eat there/drink there but could barely stand the smell when we walked in on 2 separate occasions- smelled EXTREMELY musty like they had a flood and did not properly clean it up... almost gagged at the strong odor). Alcohol: I personally am not a big “drinker” but my fiancé does drink- it was odd that we ordered a lot of drinks at the preferred pool and even went into the preferred lounge to get top shelf liquor and did not feel any effects of the alcohol our entire trip. In the preferred lounge we ordered Don Julio and they ran out- they also ran out of Grey Goose Vodka- when paying for preferred having to walk inside from the pool to the preferred lounge to get top shelf liquor is very inconvenient but we did it numerous times- would have thought the bartender would have offered to have the top shelf taken outside so we did not have to walk in every time.

When they ran out of Don Julio the bartender said they were out but getting more and to come back in a couple minutes. They did not have it restocked for 4 hours. In an effort to try anything to part/have a good time we of course tried the very highly recommended/baby maker/ knock you off your socks/ hyped up drink... mamajuana. I think this is another scam/con- we were “WARNED” by Katie that people fall off chairs get so messed up/you have to wait a half hr between each shot because it really sneaks up on you... we took several shots in 1 day and felt absolutely nothing...

Night Life: Not much nightlife/instructions from our Apple rep or butler in regards to what was going on/what to do at night. We saw a couple shows but were not very impressed. Did not receive the paper that was supposed to be under our door every night to tell us what was going on/where to go what to do etc. Beach: We were told the panhandlers cannot come up to the 2nd row of chairs in the preferred area- the most certainly did- they would not leave you alone the entire day. Security seemed lax until the 3rd day so we did spend much time at the beach because even going into the water you weren’t only dodging the annoying people trying to throw monkeys on your shoulder but also the incredible amounts of seaweed. I know the seaweed is out of their control but we will be asking when booking our next trip if seaweed is in “bloom.”

Last Room Issue: As we were packing up to leave there was HUGE cockroach right were our suitcases were sitting on the floor- it was at least 3 inches long on its back and still alive. Trip Home: Picked up late from the resort- were supposed to depart at 8:30- got picked up a little before 9 am. Plane was supposed to board at 11:00 am- did not board until 12:00 pm. Seats on the plane did not match the tickets which was making passengers freak out. It was still the very old plane that we took to get there- it literally had a projector screen so it had to be from the 1970’s. We were in Row 1 in first class. The flight attendants were worse than on the way there- shortly after takeoff they heated up some fried chicken which smelled and proceeded to eat it and lick their fingers- I watched the entire thing from my seat.

Our overhead bin was full due to the fact that the flight attendants had their bags there which they took out midflight and were searching for something. Very unprofessional – one of them had a HUGE hole and run in her tights she also had what looked like dreadlocks and long dirty looking hair. Not attentive at all- had to ask 2 hrs into the flight for a drink and for them to take my snack box trash which had been sitting there for over an hour.

When we arrived to the airport and went through customs and were going through security to get our carry-on bags re-checked to enter the US the entire group of flight attendants cut in front of me and separated my fiancé and me. The security guard even asked them to step to the back of the line but they did not care and threw their bags on to the belt and proceeded- it was very rude and unprofessional. Didn’t apologize or say excuse me. My bag was literally going through the belt and the entire crew stepped in front of me and proceeded on. I could have screamed. I was so frustrated at that point! I know this email is EXTREMELY long – I tried to call and speak with someone but was told this had to be in writing. I would still like to speak with someone because I am very disappointed in the trip and the amount of money we paid for the lack of service/quality of food/drinks/airline. We will not be returning to Punta Cana.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The Apple Vacations rep asked us to come two days in a row to schedule departure. The departure bus was scheduled to take us to the airport five (!) before the flight. That Apple rep told us that it takes three hours to get to the airport because of the construction. He got attitude as soon as we informed him that we came to schedule departure as he requested and we are not interested in buying any tours. His demeanor, way of talking was extremely rude. At the departure time, there was no bus and we were told that we were late the bus had left without us. Though we were on time and but the way there was not a single representative to ask for assistance. They all came around 8:30 (50 min after the time we were scheduled to be picked up by the bus). When I asked the guy, how come he scheduled the pick up and did not make sure that the bus would be there, he stated that we were late!!!

As I told him that was not true and we were on time and he was the one to schedule us so early without any reason and that he himself did not take an effort to come to work to make sure his customers are picked up, he started yelling at me. He would talk over me and yelled into my face that this is not US, that we are in Mexico. As I asked for his name, he took his badge and put it almost into my face, saying: "Here... Write it down". That was the most aggressive, offensive behavior I ever was subjected too. The young man has a attitude issue, not a single skill of dealing with customers, and no desire ever to try to learn. My goodness. We are planning to contact the whoever is in charge of Apple Vacations and report the name of the person. He should not be working in customer service. We will tell everybody not to use this company because anybody could be on my place and get treated like that.

Original review: May 21, 2018

It has been a problem since the beginning. Stacey ** was our trip "Guest Coordinator". She was nice through emails. Replied with her supervisors in CC but had a terrible habit of not calling back or emailing back until days later. The flight costed more than our whole Caribbean trip. Then we asked about switching days which proceeded to be another issue. I hate this company. I am paying more on this trip than when we book through Groupon, Booking.com, or planning ourselves. I will never book with this company again.

Apple Vacations Company Information