2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Apple Vacations Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I never leave reviews but since I've had such a terrible experience I wanted to warm others. First, our trip was booked at the exact same time as my in-laws. It was stated on more than one time during the call that I wanted each to be the exact same thing. I even asked at the end of the call what number do I use to book our seating with Frontier airlines. I was given the wrong information. Now I'm able to book my seats and my in-laws are not. They have to wait until April when all the seats are taken. Our hope was to set together as we have young kids but now they're going to have to be seated who knows where. Make sure you ask all questions even stupid ones because they record all calls. FYI -- this is the 2nd year in a row they've screwed up our seats on the plane. I thought last year was a fluke but I think it's their service level.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

They never return phone calls. Making hotel reservations with them is impossible. One month out to a foreign country to attend a family wedding and still don't have my confirmed reservation. Every time I call have to repeat my story. They blame the hotel for not calling them back. I keep saying I will make the reservation myself with the hotel online, but of course they want to make the money, but they don't deserve the sale.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Unbelievably awful experience with Apple Vacations. First, they totally screwed us over with our flights and we had to pay an extra 500$. Insisted hotel included breakfast which it didn’t and took over 6 phone calls over hour hold time to have them correct a mistake of not adding our own son to the reservations. Beyond horrible, never ever book with them again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Apple Vacations sale all inclusive resorts under false pretenses. DO NOT BOOK WITH APPLE VACATIONS. I was told that Now Emerald was a 6 Golden Star new LUXURY resort. My vacation was for 4 days and within the first 3 days I had to change rooms 4 times. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

We planned our son's wedding through the Wedding Services by Apple Vacations. It was supposed to be a time of joy, but WGT gave us the single worst customer service experience we ever had. In the past year, we had nothing but trouble with our bookings. Not one person in our 24-person group was able to book without complications. At one point we all received e-mails stating that we still did not pay for the trip. All of us were paid months ago. In my case, it took almost 1 month to get the issue resolved.

You do not work with only one contact and almost never get the same person to follow up. We had to go weeks without answers and even when we called and were promised that they will get back with us by the end of the business day, it took multiple additional calls to resolve issues. If you don't want any additional stress of planning a destination wedding, I would highly recommend not to go with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Booked thru Apple Vacations and their Apple ratings. Joke. Thought I was getting a six golden apple. As they rated it. It was more like 3 red apple. I went to Dreams Sands Cancun in Oct and when I arrived, I was totally disappointed. False advertising, not what it actually was. Shame on you Apple. I will never use you again. Back to Southwest and Funjet.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I traveled to Cancun/Akumal, Mexico in early August, 2019, with my husband, my sister and my 15 year old daughter. I had booked and paid for two rooms at the Akumal hotel, however due to unforeseen situation my sister couldn't travel on the same day which it was a Friday, she arrived until Monday. When we arrived at the hotel we were only given one room as they claim she had to be present in order for us to get two rooms even though we had already paid for two. We lost three nights and my daughter had to sleep with us in a sofa. The Apple representative didn't help us at all, was uncooperative and told us to talk to our the Apple vacation people in Chicago. As soon as I got back home I e-mailed the Customer Service to no avail;. they haven't bother to e-mail me or call me back. I will never travel to Apple vacation. The customer service doesn't assist you nor try to help you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Absolute nightmare to work with. I've been dealing with this company to correct my pricing since 8/9/19. It's now 10/11/19 and I've finally been able to speak with a manager to make sure everything is correct. I understand they were undergoing a system change, but their lack of planning should not be everyone else's problem.

I've been quoted 3 different prices, the first one they have no idea where it came from or how someone could have came up with that quote. I was randomly given a refund with no explanation except for "there's a glitch in the system". Wondering what else they've missed now, I spoke with a coordinator who told me the manager would call me. No call until I reached out AGAIN. The manager tells me the original price can't be honored because it was never correct and "she has no idea where it came from". She also tells me their system doesn't send out receipts for group reservations, so don't expect a breakdown in pricing or what you've already paid.

The amount of time spent trying to figure things out with this company is just NOT worth it. Book trips yourself or find a company with much better ratings. Unfortunately, this trip is for my friend's wedding and we had no choice but to book through Apple Vacations. This company has not offered to right this situation, nor do I expect them to. Save your money and go elsewhere everyone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

My brother is getting married and it is supposed to be a very happy event. However that has been marred by the very shady business practices of Apple Vacations. I booked the trip which was supposed to be a nice vacation for myself and my girlfriend. I told the travel agent what I wanted and received a quote per person that was acceptable. Additionally I inquired about travel insurance just in case. I paid for my trip and thought everything was fine. Prior to my departure my gf and I separated. When I attempted to cancel her portion of the trip they offered to refund the money in the form of a voucher however the voucher was going to be given to my ex even though I had paid for the trip.

After hours of arguing and being on hold they finally agreed to place the voucher in my name and allow me to use it. I then added a friend to go with me. She later got pregnant and decided a week in Hawaii would not be good for her and so once again I found myself on the phone arguing with Apple about giving a voucher in someone else name rather than refunding the price to myself. Additionally at this point I wanted to cancel not only the flight but also the hotel. I was told this would be an issue as I did not have travel insurance. Travel insurance which I had bought but they had forgotten to notate on their end. They then charged me again for the travel insurance which based on the quote I had received should have been included in the additional price I had already paid when changing the flights.

Again after several hours on hold and in this case days going back and forth on the phone they finally refunded a partial portion of the flight back to me but told me even though the price had been per person they would not be refunding the hotels cost back. To make matters worse I found out merely by accident that the car rental that I had been quoted had never been added to the trip either. Despite paying the quoted price that included the rental there was no rental on my trip. So once again several days of discussion and once again I am charged extra to get a car added to my trip that I had already paid for. Annoyed I began looking for another place to stay and when I called to cancel the hotel was told the only thing they would do is give me a credit to use them again. Beware of their bad business practices.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Our family (four of us) purchased a vacation to Moon Palace Resorts in Cancun for a trip in late July. We paid $5000 for airline and five nights at the resort. When we arrived, there was an awful sewage stench at the resort due to their Sargassum Seaweed problem. The smell permeated the whole resort, and was unbearable. The beach was unusable by any guest, and the smell made my wife nauseous and sick. We contacted Apple Vacations, and after many hours of trying to work with them and Moon Palace, Apple Vacations advised us to check out of the hotel the next morning and find a resort further north outside the seaweed zone. It was not one of their resorts, however, so we had to pay another $2000 out of pocket to stay at the new resort for the 4 remaining nights.

Apple Vacations assured us that they would refund 3 nights from the Moon Palace, and would work at getting us the 4th night reimbursed as well (Moon Palace was fighting against refunding the 4th night, even though we checked out before the noon checkout deadline). It's been a month since we returned from Cancun, and Apple Vacations is now refusing to give us any refund. In our emails to Apple Vacations, they told us that Moon Palace only charged Apple Vacations for two nights, but they are unable to give us a refund for the three nights they promised we would get. They offered to send us each a $100 travel voucher (to be used through them, of course) for our inconvenience, but $400 doesn't even come close to the extra money we had to spend to stay at a different resort.

It doesn't make sense to me - we paid for 5 nights at the Moon Palace, Moon Palace only charged them for 2 nights (which Apple Vacations admits), yet we are not getting any refund? What is Apple Vacations doing with the overpayment that we gave to them? We have been dealing with Customer Care Specialist Rohan **, who hasn't been any help. We have copies of emails with Apple Vacations and Rohan **, confirming that Moon Palace only billed Apple Vacations for two nights. Where is our refund?

Not sure about Apple Vacations?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Agencies for you.

Apple Vacations Company Information