1.1/5 (45 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Back in October, I contacted Apple Vacation via email regarding a Vacation that I preferred to book with an agent (not online). Immediately after, I got an email confirming my email was received and would be answered in couple of days. Did not happen. Next; I called and spoke with Morgan, who promised to send the reservation for our preferred hotel and flights via email by next day, I let him work on it several more days, then had to call back, without receiving an explanation, rather giving him another chance (in the meantime we lost our preferred hotel and preferred dates).

Neither booking, nor a call, not even an email followed. Finally, after losing two other preferred resorts and dates, I booked a family vacation online for 7 nights/8 pax. On 12/29 our Frontier flight was delayed (after our check-in and paid luggage), soon after cancelled 'due to the maintenance. I spent total of 3 hours waiting a call at the airport and over an hour at home, got a first next available Frontier flight 3 days after the original (with additional payment of $224per pax), after planned New Year in Dominican Republic, to 'catch' the leftover of our family vacation - instead of 7, now 4 nights.

Again Ms. ** promised a callback/email...did not happen. To make sure our hotel has a time to organize our transfer on a different day and to inform them of the 'new arrival' dates I called the hotel in Dominican Rep. directly (also sent a 'reminder' to do so to Apple via email). After all experienced and after reading the most recent reviews regarding same/similar matters, we are disappointed. We have yet to employ our Travel Protection Plus plan, which, seemingly, presents another question mark itself. We used to book for many years our vacations via AppleVacations, including Frontier's non-stop flights. We never ever experienced any issue and we were glad to 'award' them with highest reviews.

Not responding to customers' request, letting customers lose their preferred, initially available destinations and flights (and charging extra for a new due to a canceled flight), is an act of neglect which has no place in any business, especially not in an travel agency which was able of keeping highest ratings for decades and a name you wanted to link your next trip to. Customers should never suffer due to any organizational/structural changes and challenges or/and lack of or responsible, trustworthy staff/agents.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

On December 21 my family of eight had a vacation booked to Punta Cana. We booked this through Apple Vacations. Through no fault of our own Frontier airlines canceled our flight two days in a row and then could not get us another flight for five more days so our vacation had to be canceled. The hotel agreed to give us a full credit with no penalties and the airline agreed to give us all of our money back. Apple Vacations now has all of that money and refuses to give it back and will not give me a timeline of when I will get it back. I can’t even book another vacation because I have to use a travel credit through Apple vacations again. Their customer service is nonexistent. I have sat on the phone on hold for three hours and have been transferred to three different people and nobody can tell me what is going on. All they keep telling me is that it’s someone else’s fault and I will just have to wait. They can’t tell me how long I have to wait either.

Our Christmas was ruined and all I want to do is book my kids another vacation but I am at the mercy of Apple vacations who is no help at all! They are the worst company ever right behind frontier airlines. I hope no one uses them again so that their vacation is not ruined. I have emails to back it up that I should be getting a credit within seven days but three people I have spoken to said I never should have gotten that email. I have proof of everything that was said to me and still it is doing no good.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Dec. 27, 2022

After I let my frustration settle down, we were able to get someone on the phone who was able to help resolve most issues. Disappointed still but we are still getting our vacation. Just not to the original resort we planned on. But Apple did pull through with the help of Cher. She was awesome considering I was pretty upset. She never got flustered and remained calm even when I got loud a few times.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Here it is travel day and not one person will answer the phone now that the airline screwed us on getting to our destination. This trip was a surprise for my kids for Christmas and here we are back at home and not one person from Apple will answer calls or return emails. Held for over 2 hours and finally hung up. Chat function is a bunch of foreigners who can’t do anything but say call this number or email this address. So as I’m trying to get a resolution done as my kids cry as we leave the airport,Apple Vacations is no where to be found. Never again will I make the mistake of going through this company. I’ll pay double to not be treated this way on travel day with issues. Sorry kids. Punta Cana wasn’t meant to be I guess.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

This is the worst place to book any vacation experience! They lie to you and rip you off! If you have any problems with your booking after booked they do not help you. They try to charge you more money and blame it on you when they book it for you. There are so many hidden fees. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

My decision to book with Apple and the location Iberostar Costa Dorada was predicated by the fact that the resort offered a gourmet restaurant, Brazilian Steak House. Upon arrival we were informed that the Steak house had been replaced with a Japanese restaurant over 5 years ago. Some Maps given on check-in, still show the Brazilian Steakhouse along with a huge plastic blow up of the map in the lobby right next to check in.

I went on their website and filed a complaint and was immediately notified someone would contact me. Upon check out 3 days later and after complaining to the agent she had someone come to speak with me. Her reason for not contacting me was they had me staying in a different room and didn’t get any answer. I suggested they use email as they did in response to the complaint or they could have checked all restaurant reservations and reach me through them. Needless to say, nothing resolved at the resort. Yesterday I spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to reach a manager and also my booking agent. Messages were left and still no return calls. Apple's website still falsely markets this resort with the Brazilian Steakhouse.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I booked a trip on 10/20 thru @applevacations for a bachelorette trip. The accommodations selected were for “Royalton Punta Cana, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino” for 3 Diamond Club Luxury Ocean View Rooms. After receiving the booking confirmation, I noticed my booking confirmation hotel room description did not match and the advertised description that is being advertised on their website. I booked 3 "Diamond Club Luxury Ocean View Room (advertised) but the booking confirmation displayed it as “Luxury Room”.

I immediately called to report the issue and get it corrected and I was told that it was an issue and would be corrected. But when I followed up because it was never updated!! I was told there was nothing they could do (even though their site is incorrect, and I showed them screenshots and videos). The rep said that I could “Upgrade” to a Diamond Club Room for an additional charge even though are advertising the room I selected as Diamond Club accommodations! Please note their website is still advertising this deal! Also, I have written several emails to customer service, and they have yet to respond or make my situation whole!! Seems like they post great deals but do not honor them, you just get baited and switched instead. I provided screenshots and video but even after showing them the error they still won’t honor the advertisement.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Trip with family to Puerto Vallarta to stay at all inclusive Sheraton Bougainvilias. Followed the online booking prompts for all inclusive. Wife standing behind me watching. Booked completely online in September for a trip November 19-24. Everything went smoothly traveling there and upon arrival at front desk was informed my reservation was not all inclusive. I immediately called Apple Vacations and was informed that my receipt did not say all inclusive. I looked up my receipt and sure enough it did not say all inclusive. I paid 1360 USD to the front desk for all inclusive at this point. Discussing the online booking with my wife the whole time. We both absolutely remember going through the all inclusive booking option so we decided to try again and did the same thing minus payment of course. All the way through the booking process it says all inclusive apparently up until you pay and get a receipt.

Called Apple again and spoke with a woman who said she looked into my online booking and on her end showed all inclusive was never part of the booking. I explained to her that we just mimicked the steps and got same results and if they were not going to reimburse my payment to resort I would be speaking with my attorney upon arriving back home about their deceptive practices. She offered no compensation. Home again and tried the same steps to book for screen shots for attorney. Now the Sheraton is not offered as an all inclusive. I will be reviewing this company everywhere and reporting to BBB so that nobody else has to get taken by them. Other than that the trip went smoothly.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Just book your flights and hotel directly. Apple vacations doesn’t provide any service. Closer to our trip, we were charged an added $1000. It was supposedly in the fine print & they would be of no assistance.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

They told us that $1,500 resort credit is used for spa, room upgrades, excursions, room service, etc… but NO, it’s a coupon booklet. My sister and I asked 4-5 times giving different scenarios and kept saying, "Yes, you can get couple massages, excursions." But no, it’s a coupon book. Useless, never Apple Vacations again. I don’t like dishonest, games, lies ever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I was concerned about needing a checked bag. I thought we paid for one at booking and we did not. I called 11/2/22 which was over 2 weeks prior to our trip to add it on. The agent told me we had one in the reservation already booked. I said ok. When I checked in for the flights I noticed the boarding passes have no checked bags. I spent hours on the phone and wasted my time on 11/18/22 with Erika ** Contact Center Reservation Specialist who could do nothing to assist me. Said I have to do it at the ticket counter with Allegiant. On the Saturday before Thanksgiving, I was trying to avoid that! I even tried using Allegiant apps, but because this is a charter you cannot do that either. What a nightmare, I will never book Apple Vacations again!

Apple Vacations Company Information