2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

We booked a Vacation through Apple Vacations on 06/24/2020 and Bought the Travel Protection Plus Insurance. We had to cancel the trip on 07/28/2020 and to date 10/14/2020 the funds have not been refunded to my account. It took them less than one minute to charge my credit card but can't find a minute to credit my account. I had made many trips with Apple Vacations and never had to cancel before. This leaves me fearing that this company may not be financially stable enough to make refunds. This concerns me deeply that we might lose the entire cost of the trip. We are hoping a representative from Apple Vacations reaches out to us to resolve our concern.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

In January I booked an all inclusive vacation to Aruba on July for our entire family ($33,000). Fortunately (I thought) I had purchased their " Insurance plus.

Aruba instituted Covid-19 restrictions which required us to cancel. On June 29 I requested my refund and received an email reply that my refund would be processed. Despite phone calls and long waits I have not received a refund.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

My husband and I planned a return trip to Jamaica for our 25th anniversary leaving on June 7, 2020. We were informed in May that due to the Covid-19 virus, our trip had been cancelled. Like most everyone else, we had purchased the travelers insurance. We are going into 5 months and have had no contact. I have emailed and called. All I get is a recording. I threatened a lawsuit in July if someone did not contact me with an update. I immediately rec'd an email apologizing and saying they were working on it. I sent another email tonight with the promise that as of Oct 15th I WILL be contacting an attorney. I understand that it is a hardship for their company having so many cancellations, but I have been patient and would like my refund. We have traveled with Apple Vacations in the past and are soooo disappointed in how this has been handled.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2020

After going back and forth I received my refund in under 20 days. I’m glad they took the steps to resolve my issue since I did pay extra for their trip protection. I would recommend that extra trip protection to anyone planning a vacation.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I had a trip booked for November and purchased the Apple travel insurance. We had to cancel. Now being told could take 90 days for a refund. I find this unacceptable as I purchased the insurance! There is no research that needs to be done. I had the travel protection, can cancel for any reason. My refund should be immediate! I went back and forth with a rep via email explaining I was very concerned about the negative reviews regarding refunds and I was told they are not as far behind. Again I’m not sure why there would be any delay in refunding a person who paid extra for the travel protection product. I will book nothing with them going forward as I don’t appreciate paying for an insurance product and still waiting for a refund. I tried calling but after the automated message it’s basically dead air for long time so I gave up! These transactions are done via a credit or debit card. It’s not difficult to refund those timely.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

They refused to refund me, then lied a few times saying they would, but still haven't and the last time I called and sat on hold for 2 hours I was informed they wouldn't refund me (after the last guy said I'd get my refund in a few days after being on hold for 3 hours). The airline canceled a flight, and even a basic traveler knows that entitles the customer for a full refund. They are a dishonest company and are trying not to give people their money back that is owed. Totally an incompetent and, in my opinion, corrupt company. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Run far away. Enormous hold times and unhelpful reps who say they'll work on your problem and call you back but never do. Will hold your money hostage and find some rule to keep you from using your credit.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My family had a vacation scheduled for August 1st to the Dominican Republic. All of us paid a lump sum up front and purchased the insurance policy. To date- none of us have received refunds, which we were told would be returned to us within 90 days of the Dominican (not us!) cancelling the trip. In June, still no refund. So- I called in and was told that now to get a refund we had to fill out a formal request which we all have done.

In the time of covid, people are in need of these funds more than ever- and it is so unfair that this company feels the need to hold on to money that is needed.

Each time that I have called, I have been told that they do not know why it is taking so long but yet cannot tell me or any of my family members where we are (if any) in the process. This was my first vacation experience with Apple- I will not be traveling with them in the future. Sad to say- this has been a horrible experience. If I could give them negative stars, I would!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I was booked to travel in April '20 but like many had to cancel due to Covid! I always purchase the insurance so I am entitled to a full refund of almost $3,000. I requested the refund on 5/5/20 and when I had heard nothing in four months I called the number they say to call. After two hours on hold I finally was able to speak with someone. They said that it showed I had requested a refund and that it was "in the process". Another month later and still nothing!! I will never use Apple Vacations again and will discourage anyone else from using them!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I booked a trip back on 1/04 for a trip I was planning on taking on 4/04. Due to Covid I cancelled my trip on 3/18 (well within their cancellation policy, and after I have consulted with their customer service). I submitted my cancellation request and I requested the refund (over 6K) on 4/8/2020 when I knew exactly that I could not go on a trip this year due to Covid. I was told it would take approx 90 days to process the refund. It has been beyond 141 days, and still no refund. I've called their booking line, left voicemails at their corporate office, and sent countless emails, and no one is answering and/or providing me a status on my refund.

The customer service representatives are telling me that they do not know why my refund was not yet processed. It is now mid- end of August, and I don't have my money. Paying for a service that was not delivered is called FRAUD! I need my money refunded to me immediately. This is unacceptable! It has been a very disappointing experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Reservation sw vacation package **. Had to cancel it the beginning of April. As we have shelter in place in California was told by Rosemary that it would be two to three months before money would be refunded to credit card. It is now August almost the end of August. We got a refund of a little over $1,000 which no explanation is definitely not the amount we paid. Numerous attempts to reach them. Unable to do so emails have been returned. Southwest says too can't do anything for me. This is fraud. I need something done now.

Apple Vacations Company Information