2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: April 22, 2021

On 01/05/2021 I booked a vacation to Punta Cana through Apple Vacations for my daughter and I. Along with paying IN FULL for the vacation, I also purchased Travel Protection Plus, knowing the way things in the world were, that it was very possible this trip may not happen and I wanted to cover my bases. On 02/25/2021, SIX days before we were scheduled to leave, I received an email from Apple Vacations that the price of my trip had increased due to air travel in the amount of $209.50 per person and was given the option to accept this increase in price or to cancel. Since this was due to no fault of my own and being unable to pay an additional $419.00, I cancelled the trip via email. After calling the only number listed to inquire about a refund, I was on hold over an hour without ever being able to talk to anyone.

On 04/01/2021, I tried again to reach someone at Apple Vacations by phone. After again being on hold one hour and 30 minutes, I was still unable to talk to anyone. I was able reach someone at Apple Vacations by email and after several back and forth emails, I was told that since the price of the vacation increased and was cancelled due to no fault of my own, they would refund the travel portion only, but not the hotel. On 04/08/2021, I filed a dispute with my credit card in hopes of getting a refund resolution, which Apple Vacations has yet to respond to. This morning, 04/22/2021, I received an email from Apple Vacations with full travel credit points and no offer of a refund as previously mentioned. I can redeem my travel credits by calling….you guessed it, the only number given that no one answers!

The idea of wanting travel credit is absolutely ridiculous. I agreed to and paid for this vacation and the price of it was raised six days before departure due to no fault of my own. I feel completely duped over this. How in the world Apple Vacations can get away with charging one price and then increasing it prior to departure and then not agreeing to a refund is completely unethical. Please save your time and money and never consider this company when booking a vacation. You will be charged, they will upcharge you right before departure and you will never get resolution! Ridiculous.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: April 12, 2021

Apple Vacations has been a horrendous experience. We booked a trip to Punta Cana in December of 2019 for March 2020. When the pandemic forced us to cancel, we rebooked 4 times in total (due to the pandemic/airlines and hotels canceling us). We finally booked domestic because of the COVID restrictions. In total we have spent over 50 hours on hold/calling/rescheduling/dealing with agents that have no clue what they are doing. AND they refuse to refund us, give us credit, or rebook. You cannot get ahold of any single person who can help you. I used a different travel company for a trip for 8 people and it was smooth sailing. Whatever you do, DO NOT waste your time and Money with this company.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 10, 2021

Canceled a trip in November 2020 due to Covid restrictions and travel into Mexico was too risky at the time, and I still haven’t received my refund. At the time of my vacation purchase (September 2020), I purchased vacation insurance that stated I would get 100% of my vacation fees returned (minus the $179.97 it cost for the insurance), within 90-days of my cancellation. Still haven't received my money. I then filed a dispute with the credit card company and the travel agency/travel insurance claimed there was no cancellation per policy received, which is not true, and the credit card company reversed the charge. That's what the vacation insurance was for. It's a vicious circle! I have proof of policy, proof that I purchased the extra insurance to get a 100% refund, and nothing. I have been honest, transparent, and have done my due diligence, yet, I’m still out $3,500 plus interest.

I have attempted to call Apple Vacations dozens of times and I speak to no one or get shuffled around to various customer specialists that can’t solve the problem. Or, I get hung up on. I have waited as long as 2 hours on hold to speak to a customer dispute specialist, with no luck, as their main customer service line has a typical speech stating they don't handle these sorts of cases and end up transferring me in a circle where no one is able to help. They don’t return emails either, as I have emailed many times and no response back.

What’s worse is the travel company, Apple Vacations now says there is no transaction available to use paid funds towards another trip. They stole my money and the credit card company has allowed them to get away with it. This company is unethical, unreliable, and stealing from customers. I hope a class action lawsuit is opened against this horrific company as it's slime balls like this that make the world a sad place.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 8, 2021

Apple Vacations ensured my friends (2 ladies) and I, that we would receive a credit on a trip to Barbados that was unfortunately canceled due to the pandemic June 2020. The refund totaled $1350 ultimately $450/ea. We were informed of this credit for future use of airfare only with American Airlines. We called and were told our credit was due to expire May 30th if not use before then to book a flight. Once I separately booked through apple Vacations, my flight ended up costing $404 with American. I was called back by Apple rep and notified of a $18.80 hotel fee mandatory that I “must pay” that was not covered by my remaining credit of $46. I asked to speak with a supervisor (Hector **) who was very unprofessional yelling and telling me how upset he was with me after having a calm discussion with him regarding principles. Hector then proceeded by insulting me stating “it’s only $18.”

To add insult to injury, Hector continue to be little the situation stating “I’ll pay for it out of my own pocket since it's too much for you”. This was a lie. Afterwards, I was again contacted by Maria **, Apple rep with the email attached again ensuring me things had been handled and now a new adjustment was made changing my flight ticket and price to $402 (Not sure why).

Two days later I received another email stating my reservation was being canceled due to failure to pay $421 (I’m guessing the flight cost $402 (which I already had credit for) +the $18.80 bogus hotel fee that I explain to the rep and Hector I didn’t need). I am beyond livid and as of this date and time I’m currently on the phone on hold now for ~3 hours with Apple vacation and filing their business as a scam, as I try to rectify this situation, which at this point is wishful thinking. This company should not be allowed to do this to consumers. They have cause unnecessary stress, insult, they are dishonest, and most of all ripping off hard working people during a worldwide pandemic where people are already suffering physically, emotionally, mentally and financially.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 6, 2021

Absolutely awful and criminal company. Booked vacation 9 days ago. Was mislead to believe I could cancel anytime prior to the date full payment was due. I was never offered travel protection nor was it even mentioned. I am a first responder. Due to the current increase in Covid cases, I am not allowed to travel. This company refuses to refund my $1500 charge and instead offer travel credits which are useless to me. I was also denied adding the travel protection, that was not offered at the time of purchase, because apparently I can only add this up to 7 days after booking, not the 9 days it’s been. Mind you, the vacation is not supposed to be until July. Do not use this company, obviously I’m not the only one disgusted with the service, they have a 1 star rating as it is. This company committed grand larceny and is fraudulent, misleading, and criminal.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 5, 2021

We have been on over 20 Apple vacations. We have always loved them. We have never complained. We bought the insurance, so we could be reimbursed if anything went wrong. We did our research. We went on a trip March 25-April 1. We specifically booked a nonstop, with the Apple agent. We were put on Spirit, which we hate, it was originally non stop flight ORD to Cancun. I did reach out to an Apple representative asking for a different airline. The representative told me that we could not switch and again said it was non stop.

A month before trip, our flight was no longer non-stop, we had to go through Fort Lauderdale. I called and emailed asking to be changed and she said it is not possible. We did lots of research, because going to Mexico has lots of requirements due to covid. We paid more to stay at a secrets resort to be assured we would have on site covid testing 72 hours prior to the flight. Also, if we did get covid we could stay there free for two weeks.

Our flight was CANCELLED on the way home. We waited in the spirit airline line for two hours waiting to check a bag, before a stranger in front of us told us that the flight was cancelled. The reason was unclear, they told us the airport was closed in Fort Lauderdale, which was a lie. It was a total nightmare. The Spirit attendant at the counter basically said, "Sorry your flight is cancelled." She said she could not rebook us on a flight until April 5th!!!! She did not even try to help us find another flight, people were freaking out. We remained calm and tried to get her to reimburse our funds so we could buy another flight on our own. She would not. We showed our insurance forms, she said, "Call them." I asked for a receipt, I got nothing, we requested to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor was no help either and people were yelling and screaming at him. They provided zero help. We were left without a flight home in Mexico.

I called the 1-800-517-2000 Apple vacation team, I called the 1-866-389-5378 travel protection plus plan number, I called the 24 hour hotline 52 998 881 9500, I called 1-855-572-9893, NOT ONE PERSON ANSWERED!!!! I went online with during travel.applevac.com, apple vacations, every number and site I could find - NO ONE COULD HELP US!!! If we stayed in Cancun until April 5th, where would we stay? Who would pay? How would we get retested? I had so many questions and we could not get any help through any of your numbers, sites or services. We were beyond livid. Everything we were promised wasn’t true.

We got home last night!!!! We bought our own air on Frontier, we had to find the terminal because the internet at the airport was so bad, we could not buy online. We finally got to the Frontier line, waited again, bought a flight for $756. 62. We could not get a flight home, they were all oversold. We wanted to get out of Mexico because we would have to retest for covid and since we were out of our Secret resort. Our covid test would expire and they were charging $500 cash for another test. Once you are out of your resort, they are able to completely take advantage of you because they know you need it to get home. We also do not speak very much Spanish and they take advantage of that as well.

Our costs:

Flight to Denver, because we could not get to Ohare: Frontier EBF6WG, two tickets cost us: $756. 62
    Hotel: $500 dollars
    Ubers to and from airport and hotel: $109

Food: $500

I have receipts for all of this. How do I get reimbursed???? My father in law works for united so he got us home free from Denver. This was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime, 30 years of marriage, we were supposed to go last year, but covid hit, and we finally were able to rebook and this is what happened. I spoke to an agent and gave her all this info on Friday, April 2nd. I still have not heard anything from anyone. I have called many times, waited hours. WE WILL NEVER GO ON ANOTHER APPLE TRIP!

Original review: March 16, 2021

We booked direct flights to Cancun in January 2020 with the promise that we could cancel and receive a full refund. Once Covid hit and shut everything down two weeks before our trip, the flight was cancelled. I have filled out their form multiple times and never have received a response. Their phone number is a joke. You cannot get through to anyone. I am hoping that this review stops just one additional person from losing their money. Right now I am $586 out. I am just sick over it.

Original review: March 8, 2021

So, the first booking was very smooth. I had no troubles. Canceling our trip because of Covid took a little longer but again wasn't hard. So here we are today. I attempted to rebook on our own online and it wouldn't let me. So I called. I sat on hold for 1hr 30 minutes to be hung up on 2x... Third time was a charm.. 3 hours of my life later another payment to pay the difference from our first trip to this one and I thought we were set. She told me I would be receiving emails with all of the information immediately. Well 5 days later and nothing about our credits. So I called again.

The 1st person I spoke to I couldn't understand. Her English was very broken and I tried my best to follow. I told her no fault of hers but asked to be transferred chasing a toddler around and trying to decipher what was being said just wasn't happening. Well then I was told we still have a balance on our trip... Um, no. We transferred our credits and paid the remainder last week when booked. I asked to speak with a manager... After another 3 hours I was conveniently hung up on again. I have spent over a full 8hr workday on the phone and hold with these people and still don't have any answers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I have been going on vacation using Apple Vacations for over 10 years. They were also so good and responsive if you had an issue. A year or two ago they merged with FunJet. Since then everything has gone downhill. I always buy the insurance in case something happens. I also contains a price guarantee if the trip goes down. I used to be able to quick call and get the adjustment. Now all of this is farmed out to India. Their people don't know what they are doing. You will sit on hold for hours! They will not let you talk to a supervisor under any circumstances. Had our trip price go down...called and they said they couldn't do anything about with about 10 different reasons. I kept asking for someone else to look at this.

Finally after 6 hours they agreed to give me a credit (not a refund) of the difference. Today I saw it went down again so I called again. This time they said I would not get the difference and by the way...they were taking back the last credit they gave me too!!! So frustrating. They used to be a good company but not anymore! I will use someone else in the future.

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2021

They got back to us after 7 months. What a process. Won't book with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

My girlfriends and I booked a trip to Vegas. When we made the reservation we picked the wrong flight home and realized it within the first 15 minutes after we made it. We cancelled it and rebooked literally right after we did the first one. We filled out paperwork for a refund. We were refunded two months later on our hotel but yet to have to be refunded on our flight. After speaking with Southwest airlines they refunded the company. Now the company is holding on to our refund!!

It has been since June of 2020. We had a representative tell us absolutely we get our refund back 100%. They have been doing nothing but putting us off and giving us the run around. Do not waste your money with this company! Southwest needs to dump them. It's terrible! All 5 of us are waiting.... Look them up on the internet! Do your research. They have hundreds and hundreds of unhappy customers when it comes to refunds. We need to start a campaign to have Southwest use a different company. Truly terrible.

Apple Vacations Company Information