2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.1/5 (45 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have used Apple Vacations many times over the years and have always been pleased with our services. I recently booked a vacation (booked April 2020 for September 2020 ) and we had some serious “bumps in the road“ with Apple (mainly due to Covid-19.) At one point I was pretty upset and started looking at reviews which is how I came to this site. I was shocked at how horribly rated Apple Vacations was! I was certainly feeling the same way at that time and was very sad because I had such confidence in them. I’m writing a positive review because as of now, all our issues with this trip have been resolved and we are very happy with the way Apple handled things. I am sorry for others who’ve had bad experiences but for us, Apple Vacations is still our number #1 and I will continue to recommend them to friends and family. (Let’s hope I can still write this in September!)

Original review: June 15, 2021

I booked my dream vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico through Apple Vacations approximately 3 months ago. The resort was recommended via Apple Vacations. I arrived in San Juan, Puerto Rico on Monday 4/26/2021 @ 2:20PM. My transportation picked me up @ approximately 3:30PM after a mix up and not having us on their list. I arrived at the hotel @ approximately 4PM. I was greeted by Nestor ** and he was going to check in my party. There were 4 people in my party. My party included myself and my three children, ages 18, 20, 21.

As Mr. ** was trying to check me in, there was a guest also checking in with her significant other. The guest was yelling, screaming, and verbally assaulting your front desk staff, Julia. The guest even went as far as to tell her "step outside", insinuating she was going to physically assault her. This went on for almost 30 minutes and made my check in process very difficult to say the least. I was finally able to check in but my rooms were not ready yet. I booked 2 double rooms which should be next to each other if not conjoining. The guest making the disturbance was also checked in, which was unbelievable to me.

I left my luggage at the hotel with the concierge and decided to take my children to lunch until our rooms were ready. I took my children to La Cansita located across the street. We had a late lunch/early dinner. We received a call from the front desk staff stating our rooms were ready @ 5:44PM. I went back to the hotel and was informed only one room was ready. We took all of our luggage to that room and were going to wait until the other room was ready to transport some of our luggage to that room. We were given the room of 507. We took our luggage upstairs and noticed it had one king bed instead of the double bed I reserved. I immediately went back downstairs and informed the front desk of this. I was then given rooms 517 & 527.

We then transported our luggage to those rooms. We changed into our beach attire and went downstairs to the beach. We stayed there for about 1 hour and then went to the pool area. We left the pool area at approximately 8:30PM. We were tired from traveling so we then returned to our rooms. I went to my room of 517 and my children went to 527.

This is when the problem occurred. Two of my children were allegedly in a verbal altercation with each other. There was allegedly a phone complaint regarding the noise from that verbal altercation. Omar **, unsure of his title other than security, knocked on my door @ 9:12 PM and informed me that my children and I needed to vacate the Royal Sonesta Resort.

As I was speaking to Omar and trying to find out what was going on as well as why we had to leave, he stated it is his decision on who stays and who goes. I informed him of the altercation in the vestibule of your hotel that happened hours earlier. I asked him why those guests were not asked to leave? Why were they checked in after verbally assaulting and threatening your hotel employee? He once again stated it is ultimately his decision on who stays and who leaves and we needed to leave. However, for $1500 cash we could stay. He stood there as I packed my belongings. I obviously was sobbing because I could not believe this was actually happening. It was almost 10PM and the town was closed from 10PM-5AM. I had nowhere to go. My flights were not until Saturday 5/1/2021. The hotel offered no assistance. After watching the altercation earlier, I could not believe we were being told to leave.

I tried to contact Nestor ** as he was the only one that I had contact with. Unfortunately, due to the time he had left for the day. I called the San Juan Police Department. The sergeant came out and spoke with me. He stated that there was nothing they could do because it is up to the resort on who stays in the hotel. I asked Omar ** for any manager and was told once again that he was in charge and we needed to leave. I then went inside to the front desk and asked the front desk personnel, Amanda, and asked for management information. She gave me a generic card with Peter ** scribbled on it with no contact information. Here I was in Puerto Rico and on the street. I had no one to contact and nowhere to go.

I called Apple Vacations but due to the time of the alleged incident there was nothing they could do. They called the hotel and tried to figure out the situation and see if we could stay the night until management arrived to properly handle the situation. The lady I spoke with at Apple Vacations, Carolyn, stated Omar ** told her it was a "physical altercation", there was blood all over the room and that my children were injured. All of that was a complete false statement. The police would not even file a report because they stated "it was two brothers arguing". Carolyn advised me to take pictures of the room. Omar ** denied me access to the rooms I reserved and paid for in full to obtain pictures.

Apple Vacations tried to assist me to look for other rooms in the area but all other resorts were full for the night. I contacted United Airlines to see if my flight could be moved up to 4/27/2021 from the original date of 5/1/2021. United airlines was the ONLY business that was accommodating during this terrible experience..

I had to sit outside on the street until almost 1AM while trying to figure things out. The hotel did nothing to accommodate us, not even calling us a taxi. Omar ** clearly did not handle this situation in the best interest of Royal Sonesta or my family. Omar ** needs to be retrained and informed on how to not only deescalate a situation but also on hospitality and customer service instead of extortion. I have never been treated this way and the fact that he could toss out any paying guest on the street at his discretion is beyond imaginable to me. It was a complete abuse of power that was given to him by Royal Sonesta. He stood outside with a police officer and a lady that was at the outside concierge desk until we left the premises, approximately 5:15AM.

I asked numerous times for a report of the incident, he said no. I asked for check out papers, he said no. As of right now, I have nothing stating I was even there. I tried to file a formal complaint against Omar ** with the actual hotel manager, Michael **. Mr. ** was on vacation when all of this took place, clearly not staying at one of his resorts. He denied my request and vouched for Omar **. I also requested a full refund for the stay that Omar ** denied my children and I. That was granted. Apple Vacations to this day, has not contacted me. Not once. I will NEVER use this business not do I recommend anyone else to.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I am giving a no star rating because my experience was not good from the get go and if it wasn't for the fact that I would have been charged for a cancelation hundreds of dollars I would have canceled the vacation. I consider myself a very patient person and this company has put me to the test. We booked an excursion through Apple Vacations far in advance of our trip. When getting to our resort we were told that we could not go on that excursion because it was all booked up for the week and that we should contact apple vacations to get our money back which I did immediately.

I have been on hold several times for 2 hours with no answer. Can not get through to a customer service person at all. It's terrible. I have emailed to the email account I was directed to do so for this matter many times with no satisfaction or results to my refund. I am now 5 weeks from when I arrived at resort. I feel I have waited long enough to be refunded for an excursion I paid for and was not able to go on. There's no problem with taking your money but giving it back when justified seems to be a big deal. I can see having to wait the typical 7 to 10 business days but 5 weeks is a bit much. I will never book a trip with Apple Vacations or recommend. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 2, 2021

This is worst customer service ever! Do not book any vacations with this company! They say you can get refunded due to illness, NOT TRUE! We had a Covid diagnosis in our party whom we have all been exposed to and no refund. I have been hung up on, placed on hold and nobody came back, told they had no supervisors or managers, and told we could not talk to customer relations/support. Talked to Tina who said she was part of the administrative team from calling their executive line and was told Covid was not an illness due to not being hospitalized or a severe form or even death. This company is absolutely horrible. I have all the documentation to prove this and even sent it to them through snail mail because I was told there was no email I could send it through.

They are very misleading in their advertisement. They portray themselves to be part of Southwest by saying they are Southwest Vacations but they are not. Southwest Airlines informed me they are not a part of their service. They are Apple Leisure group. This form of advertisement should be illegal. They have 8093.01 dollars of our money and will not provide a refund. I contacted the hotel we were going to stay at and they said it had been cancelled and they had not received any of our money. Buyer Beware!

Original review: June 2, 2021

Hello, I'm reaching out to express my frustration with Apple Vacations. In February 2020, we booked a trip to Mexico for September 2020, before Covid closed the world down. We worked with our trusted travel agent to book this trip; however, we were unaware she was booking said trip through Apple Vacations, or we would've booked our own trip. We have expressed our frustration to our travel agent as well, who said Apple Vacations was completely unwilling to work with us. Needless to say, we paid a $400 deposit in February 2020. Then in June 2020, we rebooked the trip to February 2021, thinking we'd feel more safe traveling and paid another $1168.50. Totally $1568.50 paid for this trip, that we ended up cancelling in November 2020, due to safety reasons while traveling.

When we cancelled our trip in November, we figured we'd be refunded at least most of what we'd paid but to find out that we wouldn't be refunded anything and just have a credit on our apple vacations account, that seemed unfair to us; especially during a PANDEMIC. My husband and I worked our butts off to be able to take a tropical vacation in the first place, so to not be refunded anything was a deep cut to us.

Although it was hard to swallow, we accepted not being refunded the $1500 and having a credit on our account; thinking it would be effective until we were comfortable traveling again. We recently found out that is not the case and our credit is only effective until December 2021. Which in theory wouldn't be an issue, since we've been vaccinated, except I am now expecting and am unable to travel past 25 weeks. And we also recently found our "credit" is for $434 (nowhere near the $1500 we have paid for our original trip). If we wanted to use said credit, we would end up having to pay another $2000+ to be able to take advantage of the all-inclusive benefits, we originally planned. While expecting a baby, we don't just have an extra $2000 to blow. So glad we threw away $1500....

This trip to Mexico was supposed to be a happy final trip before starting a family, but it ended up being a nightmare. We are extremely disappointed in Apple Vacation's policy and flexibility during the literal pandemic. We are typically not people who write reviews, but due to the circumstances and no leeway during a pandemic; we will make sure to leave reviews on all available review sites.

Sincerely frustrated former customer,

Amber

Original review: June 1, 2021

Horrible Experience with Apple Vacation. Our Vacation did not go as plan and I have been trying to get Apple Vacation to help resolve the issues. Since March of 2021 I had nothing but hang ups and excuses. At one point I was told by customer service that I should be happy we used a profession pool for our 15th wedding anniversary. I have also been told no one is going to be able to help, in other words they don't seem to care about customer service. At this point I would not recommend anyone use Apple Vacation under the new management team. I even had the Better Business Bureau involved and they could not get an answer form anyone at this business. You will be left alone to fight your claim without any support.

Currently the status is the hotel's fault and the hotel's response Apple Vacations fault. In the meantime the consumer will be left in the dark. Once you make your payment you are left to fend for yourself. Our 15th year anniversary vacation experience was so bad that my children refuse to return to Cancun. As of June 01, 2021 I still have not received a response from any of the following departments. Post Travel, Customer Care and during travel @ Apple Vacations.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I booked with Apple Vacations, my girl and I had a falling out, my portion was canceled a month before the date of the reservation, I was told I would get a refund for my portion. I have emailed and called with no response from them. I think this company is a scam.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Friday morning 5/7/21 my cousin and booked a vacation. We are going to the Riviera Maya at the end of October. We were booking online at the same time. When we got to the payment section we each had 2 different payment methods. We both counted down and pressed enter at approximately the same time. Hers went thru but mine did not. It kept saying the flight was unavailable and try back later. I tried it again and again about six times. Kept getting the same message. The price per the package online didn’t change. I decided to call the 1-800 number. I talked to one of the sales agents. She said the price is subject to change. However the price I kept seeing did not change. I said that is fine but it shouldn’t change when I am putting in my payment method. That is a bait and switch.

I booked at the higher price since I wanted to go with my cousin. Then I told her I wanted to talk with a Manager. She said I couldn’t talk with one. This was not a Manager situation. I said that is wrong any Customer should be able to talk with a manager. She said all of them were in meetings except for two. Then she finally said I could talk with one but it would be about 20 minutes. I said I would wait. Ten minutes went by and said the Manager was still on the phone.

After ten more minutes she said it would be another 30 to 60 minutes. I vented to her telling her that the Managers were horrible for not supporting them and taking care of angry Customers. I told her how disappointed I was with Apple Vacation and their Managers. I will not recommend Apple Vacation to anyone. After spending 3 hours on the telephone I was told the Airlines raised their price. So my cousin who must have booked 1 sec. before me paid $150 less than I had to pay. Everytime I checked it all evening it didn’t change. Very upset and disappointed in Apple Vacation.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We booked an all inclusive vacation the beginning of 2020 and had to cancel due to the Pandemic. I was sent an email stating that we would be issued a full credit (even though we didnt have travel insurance) plus a 25% credit if we rebooked within 365 days. December, 2020 I rebooked, added two more travelers since now my son and his girlfriend are graduating from college (perfect timing). I was issued a travelers credit from the airline and was told my credit from hotel would be issued within 30-40 days. Still no credit. I have paid over $4,000 so far. Today (13 days till travel), I was told that I may have to pay the $3,106 balance and just get a credit for later travel with them. LOL LOL LOL are you kidding me? I explained I would NEVER be traveling with them again. And, if I get to the airport and they turn me around because I havent paid, the next person they would be hearing from would be an attorney. So, LETS GET TOGETHER!

I smell a class action lawsuit in the making!!!!

Original review: May 7, 2021

We had our booked vacation to Cancun cancelled in May of 2020 because of Covid. We were offered a refund or an additional 25% future travel credit on top of what we already paid. We opted to go with the extra 25% and put it on a new reservation for 2021. Well this happened in April 2020 and when I started looking for a new vacation in March 2021 there still wasn’t anything that stated I had a credit with my reservation number. I tried online and got nowhere so I called the 800 #, got hung up on twice and finally spoke to someone that couldn’t help me. I got nowhere. I ended up having to find a local travel company that books through Apple to get anywhere. We both spent hours on the phone with them after we decided on a new vacation and was ready to book it.

I chose a vacation based on what What I had already paid plus the extra 25% I was going to get. On top of that I was going to owe another $300 which was completely fine with me. They finally seemed like it was all going to work out. I got an email that I was going to receive the payment. Well someone there messed up and gave me a credit of the exact amount I paid originally back on my CC as a refund instead of transfer of the funds to my new reservation we had discussed. Now since they say they already issued a refund they can’t do anything about it and they can’t give me the 25% now. I have spend days and hours at a time in the phone with them trying to get this solved. Now am honestly so shocked at how difficult this is. I thought Apple was a great company before all this.

It seems so easy to fix and take care of but every time I call they say, "Sorry there’s nothing I can do" and won’t let me speak to anyone else higher up either. No one that answers the phone speaks very good English and they all work from home. No one is helpful. This has supposedly been escalated to the accounting department but they said I won’t hear from anyone or get an email. That I would have to call again to check on anything. Well my time is almost up to have to pay the $430 balance on my new reservation that I’m going to have to pay out today pocket for so I don’t lose it. I am just so disappointed and shocked they are doing business this way and won’t honor what they said they would do when it was their mistake in how the funds were transferred not mine.

Original review: April 22, 2021

On 01/05/2021 I booked a vacation to Punta Cana through Apple Vacations for my daughter and I. Along with paying IN FULL for the vacation, I also purchased Travel Protection Plus, knowing the way things in the world were, that it was very possible this trip may not happen and I wanted to cover my bases. On 02/25/2021, SIX days before we were scheduled to leave, I received an email from Apple Vacations that the price of my trip had increased due to air travel in the amount of $209.50 per person and was given the option to accept this increase in price or to cancel. Since this was due to no fault of my own and being unable to pay an additional $419.00, I cancelled the trip via email. After calling the only number listed to inquire about a refund, I was on hold over an hour without ever being able to talk to anyone.

On 04/01/2021, I tried again to reach someone at Apple Vacations by phone. After again being on hold one hour and 30 minutes, I was still unable to talk to anyone. I was able reach someone at Apple Vacations by email and after several back and forth emails, I was told that since the price of the vacation increased and was cancelled due to no fault of my own, they would refund the travel portion only, but not the hotel. On 04/08/2021, I filed a dispute with my credit card in hopes of getting a refund resolution, which Apple Vacations has yet to respond to. This morning, 04/22/2021, I received an email from Apple Vacations with full travel credit points and no offer of a refund as previously mentioned. I can redeem my travel credits by calling….you guessed it, the only number given that no one answers!

The idea of wanting travel credit is absolutely ridiculous. I agreed to and paid for this vacation and the price of it was raised six days before departure due to no fault of my own. I feel completely duped over this. How in the world Apple Vacations can get away with charging one price and then increasing it prior to departure and then not agreeing to a refund is completely unethical. Please save your time and money and never consider this company when booking a vacation. You will be charged, they will upcharge you right before departure and you will never get resolution! Ridiculous.

Apple Vacations Company Information