Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.20/5

152 Apple Vacations Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I had booked a trip to Cancun, Mexico for my wife and I, but unfortunately we had a family emergency and had to cancel. Good news, we purchased trip insurance. Bad news, our travel agency had to book through Apple Vacations. We have yet to be reimbursed for the cost of the vacation (excluding insurance costs) even though we cancelled nearly a month and a half ago. We have been given numerous excuses and are beyond frustrated.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I just had very bad experience with them. They offered insurance and said if there would be any price change in our trip they would match it. But never said that they would only price match within 24 hr. And after 24 hr they will only price match to their own Apple Vacation, and no other websites. We found our same flights $1317.12 cheaper on United Airlines website, and they didn’t price match it because after 24 hr of original booking the price match can only be done from Apple Vacation website prices. So you can find hotel and flights cheap in 10 different sites. And it won’t matter. They grant you any promotion from Apple Vacation that you didn’t get. Don’t matter if you found your same vacation. You lose, they win.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Horrible. They took my money, then messed up the flight reservations and tried to get us to pay the difference to fix it. Then, they inexplicably cancelled our hotel reservation while we were en route. We found out at the front desk at check-in. "Emergency" customer service number had a two hour wait. Definitely left a cloud hanging over the first few days of a very expensive trip. No Apple, never. Stay away.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I continue to be disappointed with Apple Vacations for this particular trip. We've used Apple in the past (10 yrs ago) and all went ok though we didn't require anything outside of the ticket order. This time, I'm simply trying to access my ticket for our trip leaving tomorrow morning and somehow it won't access my password and it keeps saying technical difficulties. I'm leaving in the morning - this is frustrating that I have to provide the information to Apple that is the whole reason I'm contacting them. The women "helping" me, disconnected the call after I had waited a long time for assistance.

The website was supposed to send me an email to reset my password, which it didn't. I really don't know what service Apple provided. We should have paid less and booked directly as they have not been available to assist with anything. This is not even to mention the first agent I spoke with about booking gave me incorrect information. The call back during the week - business hours, sent me to a more knowledgeable person. We won't be booking with Apple next time.

Original review: April 29, 2019

In January 2019 my husband and I took a trip booked thru Apple Vacations. I have used them in the past and this was a bad enough experience that I will never use them again. We booked at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach in Bahamas. We paid for an Oceanview, taxis both to and from and all inclusive. We arrived with no taxi, never had one pick us up to go back, had to pay our own both ways. They refunded one way with no tip! The resort has so much to be desired. We did not get a oceanview and we had no hot water for one week! We tried to get the resort to fix it daily but they never did. It is dirty and not at all what I would recommend. When I returned, I contacted Apple Vacations to find out they will do NOTHING! I am so disgusted with them and really want to caution other travelers Not to utilize them. They are going to send me two $125 vouchers but told them I will not book with them again. Be careful please. VERY Disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: March 24, 2019

We booked a trip to Jamaica at the Iberostar resort which was a great resort. Our travel agent - Vacations To Go - said we could save $ by taking the air/hotel as a package deal through Apple. 4 of us were bumped and we all had booked through Apple. Apple gets the tickets at a discount & the airline implied that is why we were the ones to get bumped. There were people getting on the flight that had booked weeks in advance and we had booked more than a month in advance & the other couple booked 6 months in advance! We were bumped from both our departing & returning flights and ended up losing 1 day of our vacation. If you book your air as a part of the package beware because you are at a higher risk of getting bumped from your flight! Very disappointing!

Original review: March 9, 2019

To whom it may concern! Which I hope is someone. I wanted to share my experience with Apple Vacations website and customer service. After looking on the main page of your website, I noticed a kids stay and eat free promo. So excited! But unfortunately when clicking on the particular resort which was Cancun Beach Place (all-Inclusive) kids and teens ages 4-17 stay free! Nothing happens and no other information is given, nowhere to put in your dates, nowhere to see additional information. So I decided to call and to my disbelief your own customer service representatives had no clue what I was even talking about. I had to walk them through exactly what I did on your website - shame!

After all of that the first representative said that kids are not exactly free. What does that even mean? What does free mean to Apple? I spent 30 min with the first representative and did not get any questions answered reasonably. Then I called back one more time. I spoke to another representative who was nice and more knowledgeable but still unable to answer questions about the kids stay free promotion. I then asked to speak to a higher ranking rep and was connected to Ruth after 1 hour on hold. She was also unable to answer any questions and was very rude.

As a customer trying to book a trip for 9 people, I am disappointed in the way Apple falsely advertises promotions that are either not available or that no one from Apple has any knowledge of. You can listen to the customer service recordings from March 8 around 3:00 central time and hear what I was told. Thank you for your time. I will post my concerns on Google reviews as well.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I am merely trying to change the date of a vacation package I just book 3 weeks ago - I am scheduled to attend in May 2019. I have called numerous times, transferred numerous times, and just hung up after being on hold an entire hour - I kid you not an entire hour. I really wanted to resolve my issue so I was diligently holding on for a representative that claimed he could not even locate my reservation.

I just spoke with another representative about about a hour ago - on the line holding with her about 30 min. She located the account and indicated she would call me back. She called back only to tell me that it was another dept that needed to help me. I called back and the other representative claim he cannot locate the reservation at all to hold on and an hour later - I give up. What is wrong with this company - it really should just go out of business... Really. Please use Bookit or Caribbean.com. Runaway from Apple. Save yourself a headache and your money.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We booked a Six Golden Apple Square Deal about two weeks prior to departure. The common areas of Dreams Punta Cana were very nice and well maintained however our room and the building it was in weren't that nice. After a long day of travel and check in we were directed to a Vacation Club salesman, not cool. We did go on the tour and learned that the parent company of Apple Vacations and Dreams Resorts are the same, Apple Leisure Group. To me this presents a conflict of interest, Apple Vacations rating resorts that are owned by the same company. Bottom line you really can't trust the Apple Rating system for any AMResorts, ie Dreams, Secrets, Zoerty, Now, Breathless, etc.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

5 Hours Later...And no reservation! Tried to join a twosome who already had a reservation and all I needed was to get on their flight which had seats available. 5 Hours, yes 5 hours divided up over two days. They promised me a confirmation email and I would pay when I got the confirmation. Guess what? No email. I ended up booking through BookIt.com into my own room. I will NEVER recommend or use again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Apple Vacation has a charter from Kansas City and other US cities traveling to Cancun and Punta Cana. On their reservation site it gives a place to read the information of what the airline charge for baggage. Frontier Airlines is who they have the contract with. It does not say that you have to prepay for bags on the reservation or they will charge more at the airport. Also when the traveler checks in at the airport to pay $60.00 round-trip for their bag that they will be lied to and then charged again on the return. The dishonesty of both Apple Vacations and Frontier airlines is why so many people don't enjoy traveling or trust the travel companies. Protect yourself and make sure you go by the airline's website and not Apple's.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Absolutely do not use Apple Vacations. After what we have been going through over the last few weeks I will never recommend Apple Vacations, and will tell everyone I know and write reviews on them on every site I can find. A large group of my friends booked with them a few months ago. At time of booking they told the agent that we would have at least one more person going on the trip but needed to wait to book their travel till later. Also confirmed at that time that we would just be adding the extra people to the already booked rooms... At that time we were told no problem we can do that, the new guest would have to pay the going rate at the time they book. We said great. We are not adding a room, and there is several extra spots in the other rooms already booked to add several more people. We paid extra at time of booking to confirm the hotel wouldn't run out of rooms.

Now Apple is telling us we have to pay $400 more than the published booking price to add a person to any room. We have called several different times and been told different stories. Bottom line they lied to us at booking so we paid extra for extra space in each room, that we know cannot use. This is a very unethical company that promises whatever it takes to get your business, once they have your money they do not stand by their word. I have traveled to Mexico several times for business, and with Funjet. I have never received this lack of customer service from any other agent.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My family and I took a Vacation to Riveria Maya to celebrate the New Year. Though two hours before our 7 a.m. flight was to depart out of Detroit while we were checking in we got delayed until 2 p.m. Then received $15 food vouchers as compensation. Then when we still had no plane at 2 p.m. no one seemingly knew what was going on. We did not board a plane until nearly 3:30 p.m. A 8 and a half hour delay on our flight is how we started this trip. We even bought insurances for the vacation through Apple Vacations for a situation like this. Though they felt that even though we arrived in Cancun, the airport we were flying into, we landed at 9 p.m. instead of 11 a.m. We did not get to our resort in Riveria Maya until 11 p.m. We lost an entire day of vacation that we invested thousands of dollars into, and all we get in compensation was a couple $15 dollar flight vouchers that worked at select stores within the Detroit Metro Airport.

Apple Vacations is a joke. I would never. Ever. Take a vacation through them. The stress and aggravations they caused my family and I on the first day set and unpleasant mood for following day or two. If someone offered me a free trip through them, I would say, "No thank you." That is how strongly I feel about them. We talked to other people who have used them before and they said they are always disorganized and are never reliable. If you choose to book a vacation through them, good luck god bless, I hope you do not have an experience like we had. Though I feel like if you are looking for a stress free relaxing vacation through them, it's like trying to find a toothpick in a hay pile.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Worst customer service company in the world. Hold times over an hour. When they answer the phone they either hang up or put you on another hold for an hour. They transfer you without your knowledge. Just a mess of a company. Understaffed and rude.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

9/2018 I was promised 4 vouchers by apple. I’m still waiting!!!! Due to overbooking and the flight leaving 40 minutes early, my family and I could not travel. After months of dealing with them they said they would give us 4 vouchers for airfare. No vouchers have been received or issued as of 1-24-2019! They lied to my credit card company, claiming we were a no show and no call! As long as they CLAIM they are giving me vouchers my credit card company can’t do anything about a refund. You are crooks and liars!!!! And do very incompetent, telling me I need to call American for my vouchers. I was booked on Spirit, FYI neither company has vouchers for me. They both said Apple Vacations is supposed to issue the vouchers. I have spent months on the phone regarding this matter to no avail!!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

If I could give them negative stars, I would have. First of all, we were sold Dreams Sands in Cancun as a "6 golden apples" resort that is totally better than the Iberostar properties on Riviera Maya. We paid the price accordingly. Well, upon arriving to the said resort with four kids in tow, we discovered a tiny place with a single correspondingly tiny pool and a knee-deep "beach". In fact, we were told, that this so-called beach is an extension of the kids' pool. The rooms were shabby, small, and to add insult to the injury, we got thunderous AC in them. I spent half night trying to fall asleep, unsuccessfully I must add.

Our all-included food choices were limited by a single place. Unlike other all inclusive resorts we stayed in, this one required a check-in at the front. So, we had to stand in a line for about 10 minutes before getting a table. The food choices were limited and sub-par. Anyway, the very day we arrived, we decided to seek Apple Vacation's help in moving up to our usual Iberostar resort. Called them and got the messages honestly warning us that the wait time would be 290 minutes. Yes, it's two hundred and ninety minutes.

Pro tip here: if you find yourself dealing with Apple Vacations and you are trying to reach a customer rep, don't bother with the "existing reservation" option. Just go with the "new reservation" - it has far shorter line and you will just give them your booking number. Anyway, we resumed our quest the next day. Cornered the Apple rep at the resort. And he just outright told us that he couldn't help us, since we didn't pay money to him. So, we tried calling the Apple Vacations customer service again. The wait time was 60 minutes for the new reservation this time around.

Finally, got through, did some blah blah blah with a rep. Were told to go pound the sand, insisted on changing the resorts, were told to talk to the hotel manager, waited 2 more hours to find this manager (who, by the way, turned out to be the most helpful in this whole nightmare of a vacation), got a letter from him saying that he's Ok with us leaving.

Now armed with this absolution letter, back to the Apple Vacations rep, he spent another 2 hours getting through to his office. Finally, we had to pay $2.5K extra to switch the resorts. But you know what, it was worth it all in the end. We were able to get a vacation, at least. And we learnt an invaluable lesson - NEVER EVER to have any business with Apple Vacations. They will take your money, but good luck clawing it back from them even if you're sold a lie.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Please beware. Do not do business with them. They are horrible... Book a trip with them and found out a two month within booking I had to have surgery so I cancel my vacation with them which there was a $45 dollar penalty and I was suppose to be refunded 80 bucks. They spin me around for a month. Until this day I yet to get my deposit. You are better off going to a real travel agent near you. They don’t charge you anything to book you a vacation... Then that also said it was on my bank behalf the reason of me not getting my refund which was bull. I been with this bank for over 10 years. No error of that kind has been made.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We paid for our vacation at 5 Apples Resort 2 months in advance. When we arrived to the hotel we found out that there is a problem at the beach that was going on for about a month (dirty water, sewerage smell, tons of seaweed, a black sand, and a construction work). We got a beach front rooms so the smell in the rooms was as strong as at the beach, as well as the noise up to 11:30 pm. After trying to change the hotel the next morning based on the fact that Apple failed to give us any notice, we discussed this with Apple rep and the only option provided was to pay an extra 3k for a family of 4.

All our questions about safety of swimming and any water probes for bacterial range taken were ether ignored or answered like "this is ocean, its big and changes too fast". My mom had a leg injury (torn tendon), so the whole idea of taking vacation was to get the benefit of seawater healing properties, not to be at the pool. We asked if the hotel can accommodate some kind of transportation for her (she was using crutches) to the closest clean beach about 1 mile away but were told that if something happens an insurance is not going to cover it, so no.

To be fair, I have to mention that hotel manager was nice with us and tried to make us happier with the stay by providing a 25 min massage for our family. Apple Vacations from their side did nothing! No refund if we were to leave the first morning, no discount, no change of the hotels without a huge additional fee, not even the opportunity to talk to the manager (we were told he is not at work at the moment for a few hours until we stopped trying to reach him).

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We just booked a 5 day vacation for 2 to Puerto Vallarta through Apple Vacations, everything from cheapest seats on the flight to the worst upgrade of the room.

The whole experience was a disappointment, coming to find out we could have had the same hotel room and the flights for $900 less than what we paid Apple.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Don't waste your money doing business with them. We booked 7 nights 5 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana for December 1 to Punta Cana. On November 30th Apple Vacations called to tell us we were going to be sent to Sunscape Dominican Beach, which was not truly a "deluxe" resort. This place is 2 star - not 5 stars resort with bad service, very poor variety of food, destroyed beach area and dirty water. I called back to customer service and asked them to change resort cause we paid for 5 stars but they told us it's already late and everything is booked at this time and if we want to go to different place we need to pay extra. So it was our last deal with Apple vacation and I will post everywhere, on Facebook, on Instagram, I'll tell all my friends never have a business with company who is lying to their customers!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. Pros: 20 minutes drive from the airport. Good food, fine sand on the beach, clean sea. Cons: Resort overall looks like a Motel 6. Been to many Apple Vacations resorts, I would rate it as a 3 red apples.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is my first time booking with Apple Vacations and I can assure that it will be my absolute time. First, unless you are making a payment it is extremely difficult, to get through to someone to speak about your trip. In January of 2019, I will be using the service of this company, for a girl's trip celebrating my friend’s 40th birthday. During the course of planning this trip, I have experienced talking with some extremely unprofessional Customer Service Representatives and one very rude Accounts Payable Representative Ann **. After trying to reach, someone in the Finance Department for months, Ms. ** called and demanded final payment. I have NEVER spoke with such a rude agency representative in my life. Based on the level of customer service (or lack thereof) I received from this company they will never have my business again.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Don't waste your money doing business with them. They sold me a room which was not an option when we arrived in the Bahamas. Even they send me an email with screenshots from the website that prove my case and still there was a 0 support when I called the hotline or when I reached over the email.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Please think twice before booking a group with Apple Vacations. They are very difficult to deal with. Their contract is confusing and the gross does not include all fees and taxes. Usually gross is the total due. Their representatives are not helpful and hard to communicate with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Unprofessional Apple Representative - Ocean Riviera Paradise - Our family has only booked through Apple Vacations when traveling to all inclusive destinations and we have never had issues with Apple until this recent trip. My husband visited with the Apple Rep the morning after we arrived to confirm our pickup time for August 11th to go back to the airport. The time he says he was given was 10:50 am. We did go back to let the Apple Reps know about the disappointment with Dolphin Discovery and confirmed our pick up time. I thought I also heard 10:50 am. But this could have also been due to my husband already telling me the time. The day of our departure, we had our suitcases out in the front lobby at 9:00 am.

We went to eat and was back sitting in front of the Apple Reception area at 10:15 am. By 10:35 am we went up front to the main lobby to await our shuttle. By 11:00 am, my husband went back to the Apple Reps who told them our pick up time was 10:20 am - not 10:50 am. I am not sure how there was a mix up between the two times 10:20 and 10:50, but there was. Needless to say, we missed our shuttle because we were sitting in front of Apple Reps and not in the front lobby. Why would the shuttle driver not call the Apple Reps??? All they had to do was simply call out our names! There were two Apple Reps assisting my husband when I walked back there. One was on the phone speaking to shuttle services while the other, Giovanni was being very unprofessional.

The conversation did get heated and Giovanni told my husband that we would be responsible for a taxi back to the airport. Giovanni looked right at me and told me that he personally told me 10:20 am. This immediately struck a nerve with me as I had never seen this individual before. I specifically remember the very nice gentleman that was on the phone from the day prior. I am sorry I do not remember his name and wished I had wrote it down as Apple needs more Reps like him. Both my husband and I walked off. I asked the front desk to call me a taxi. Due to us having 6 people, this was going to cost $107 dollars. Both Apple Reps walked up to the front lobby and the nicer gentleman was still on the phone and advised my husband that they may have found another shuttle to take us.

I walked over to both Apple Reps and asked if I needed to cancel the taxi. While the nice Apple Rep was still on the phone, I told Giovanni that this is ridiculous that the times would get mixed up like this. Giovanni raised his voice and again told me he personally told me 10:20 am. I denied our alleged prior encounter and I yelled back and asked if he was calling me a liar. Giovanni became hostile to say the least and caused a scene and started yelling at his co-worker to "get off the phone immediately and do NOT help these people". He kept yelling at his co worker to hang up the phone. My mother had to walk away with our three children because of Giovanni becoming very agitated and unprofessional.

I will admit that I yelled back at him because he WILL NOT speak to me in that manner. I am his customer and for him to be that disrespectful to both my husband and I in front of a lobby full of vacationers is unheard of. The nice Apple Rep did confirm that there unfortunately was no shuttle available and that we would be responsible for the taxi. He did confirm that I could pay the taxi driver with a credit card and for me to contact Apple to seek reimbursement.

The taxi drove us to the airport and when I handed him my credit card he told me he did not accept credit cards! I found an ATM but unfortunately the ATM did not provide US Dollars and gave me $200 pesos. I had to find another ATM on the other side of the airport. By time I was charged two ATM transaction fees $15.00 each, plus $2.50 each from my bank and got out the $100. Luckily we made our flight but not without a lot of stress and my kids getting all upset and overwhelmed thinking we were going to be stranded in Mexico.

I contacted Apple and wrote them the same review as above and there was NO apology for Giovanni. Apple responded that they needed to see my receipt from the taxi driver... Obtaining a receipt was the last thing on my mind when we were already late getting to the airport and me trying to find an ATM with US dollars. Needless to say, I never heard back from Apple. Apple Vacations has lost our business after 15 years. I am not worried about the taxi reimbursement but to not even get an apology for being yelled and screamed at by one of their Representatives in front of little children is insane.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Just try to call them first - it will take 40 minutes. They sold me oceanview suite for 3 persons and there was pool view room (technicially you could see ocean in a distance) but room has 1 king size bed and they said that’s normal.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

After spending many hours to book my family vacation with an Apple representative over the phone. Carefully going over every detail to make sure everything I was paying for would happen, I was deeply let down by what I actually received. First, I paid for direct pick up service from the airport to the hotel. That did not happen, we were shuttle bused with many stops along the way. Very frustrating as we were the last to be dropped off not to mention the countless hours to arrive at our hotel. When we finally arrived at the hotel and entered into our room we were deeply dissatisfied. What I purchased and was told our room would be was nothing of the sort. I was told there were two bathrooms and a multi level room. The actual room we had to stay in only had one bathroom and 2 beds pushed next to one another.

When I was booking this vacation with a live Apple representative, I mentioned the countless complaints I had read on all the review sites. The Apple rep assured me that if there any issues to call them and they would take care of the problem. After sitting on the phone for 45 minutes an option finally came to leave my name, number and booking reference number. The message said, "We are busy helping others at this time, we will have someone call you. Please leave your number." So I left my number and the recording even read my number back to me. I am still waiting to hear from Apple. I also repeated this process the next day with the same response... NOTHING!!! I will not book another vacation with Apple. I will recommend others to NOT even attempt to book their vacation with Apple. They truly are dishonest and a total waste of money. STAY AWAY FROM APPLE VACATIONS.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Our flight from BWI to Punta Cana was delayed 4 hrs because they said they needed the plane elsewhere. I have video of the pilot loading the baggage into the plane to speed things up. Return flight was delayed 7 hrs. Stuck in hot lobby of resort for 5 hrs. Seating on plane is so cramped you can't even fit a small bag at your feet. Never ever book an Apple Vacation which uses Swift Air.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Paid for upgrades, did not get. Water leaks everywhere, balcony, skylights, light fixtures, ceilings, 4" of water in room. No one cared. Contacted Apple, no response. BEWARE of Apple Vacations and Grand Oasis Cancun.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Although insurance was purchased for our trip, AV did not compensate us for delayed flights and sleeping on a floor at the Atlanta airport. Will never use this company again, and will advise my friends and family to book their vacations through another company. They blame TripMate for not reimbursing us. How convenient to wash their hands off the problem by blaming someone else! They are so nice to you when you give them your money. When the time comes to be responsible and reimburse people for delays and such - all of a sudden there is no way to do so and the only answer you get is "the decision was made". Embarrassing! Please beware: just because you are purchasing trip insurance, it does not mean Apple Vacations will hold up its end of the agreement.

Apple Vacations Company Information