2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.0/5 (39 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

My husband and I booked a trip to Cancun for his 40th birthday with Apple 4 months in advance. 2 weeks before our trip the airline canceled our flight. Apple gave us options for a few flights that cost more than our original flight price or the option to find our own flight and get a refund for our ticket price. We found our own flight but we have to wait 30 to 60 days for Apple to refund us. This was our first trip out of the country and using a travel agent and it has been the worst experience ever. Do not book with Apple Vacations.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I had to cancel trip due to the country closing bars & restaurants due to Covid. Apple Vacations charged me penalties for canceling, and would only issue travel credit for remaining. Tried disputing with credit card, but Apple Vacations's fine print terms and conditions that are probably hundreds of pages long and just a check box, cover their behinds. Basically stole $6,200!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Had to cancel my vacation plan. I had insurance on the reservation but when I cancelled the they informed I would not see my refund for 30 to 60 days after the cancellation. No explanation as to why. Once I cancel that funds are my funds not Apple Vacation and I believe they owe me interest on those funds. I believe there are others out there being treated the same way. I will be referring this to my attorney for further action.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I bought the travel insurance and my daughter got sick with covid. We couldn’t go on vacation. One rep advised that I would receive a refund due to having insurance but I received a credit. I emailed Apple and no one has reached out. It’s been 10 days. I want my refund back. We need the money due to being off work for covid.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I have been trying to have a trip credit issued to me for weeks. My trip was canceled due to a hurricane. I cannot get a hold of anyone to resolve it. I purchased trip insurance. This is ridiculous. I have been calling and holding for hours.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I had travel booked to leave US traveling to Costa Rica on June 26, 2020 however due to covid-19 this trip was cancelled on 5/3/21. The American Airlines flight was cancelled on 5/12/20 as borders were closed at the time of planned travel. At this time, I had my travel agent release me to let me deal direct with Apple vacations for cancellations/etc. My reservation was transferred to Apple from my agent. Because of this I received a credit of $600 with American Airlines which I had until 12/31/21 to use. All other parties in my group received a 100% refund of their air travel but I didn't due to my reservation now being handled direct by apple. I emailed apple confirming my credit on 8/25/21. I called today 9/6/21 to schedule new travel today and I am told I have no credit. There was a $600 cancellation fee for my travel. They won't honor the emails x 2 from them confirming my credit, just saying NO credit! This is stealing!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Took a trip to Cancun and the third day we was in the middle of a hurricane. Frontier canceled our flight and we had to reach out to Apple Vacations to book new flights. So I emailed David and all he did was send a number for me to call. I was on the phone for over 3 hours with a representative; doing David’s damn job. I will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

We've had excellent experiences with Apple Vacations until 2019. Not sure if this is due to a change in leadership or they couldn't handle COVID. We canceled an all inclusive Mexico trip in March 2020 due to COVID. We were given a (now) confusing message to book within 90 days of December 2021. After several months of conversations in 2020 and even early July of 2021 of options for rebooking, at the end of July 2021 for the first time in a year and half suddenly they say, "No, you had 90 days from March of 2020 to book, not 90 days from December 2021. Sorry you lose all your money."

No compromise or recognition of multiple conversations stating otherwise. No recognition of how ridiculous it was to try to book flights during March - June 2020 (remember what happened with COVID starting in July 2020?). No credit at all. Mixed messages, poor communication, poor decision making. But they have plenty of resources to send weekly email advertisements. Never using AV again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Suggest you don't ever want customer support from this company because you will not get it. Horrible customer service! Eternal hold for hours on end. Trying to go to a different department on a separate line will not work as Joseph (#**) would not even let me speak with a manager.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Booked a vacation for March of 2021 however had to cancel due to having Covid. I submitted a positive Covid test as requested. I have documentation that Frontier issued a partial refund to Apple way back in March which we NEVER received??? After further discussions with Frontier and additional documentation sent, I also have documentation that the total refund was issued to Apple but still NOT received. I received an email that 1/2 the credit will be applied but it will take 60-90 days...why?? Waiting another 60-90 days is ridiculous seeing this has been going on since March...this should have been resolved immediately and definitely before my rebooked trip in June.

I submitted a fraud claim for the remaining credits I still have not received along with all of the documentation I have since March. Again this should have been resolved in MARCH with 1 phone call! I have spent hours and hours dealing with this including extensive hold times and being sent to multiple departments, including being disconnected without a call back. If it would have been resolved, Apple Vacations would still have 2 long term repeat HAPPY customers. Unfortunately that is NOT the case! APPLE is losing in this debacle...they are losing two lifelong repeat customers, a FRAUD claim to my CC company has been submitted, this negative review has been submitted, and I have informed family and friends how we have been treated! Choose another company!!

Apple Vacations Company Information