1.1/5 (51 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I had booked a vacation to Ghana, Africa for months and when I called to verify my condo rental that was booked through Apple Vacations, I was informed, in fact, there was no booking at the place I picked and paid for... And this was 9 days before I was suppose to travel to Ghana. Apple Vacations would not speak to me and informed me that I needed to speak with only my travel agent but she also wasn't able to obtain any information from them. They attempted to offer my money back but it would take 30 days and I would have to come out of pocket to find another place to stay. I would never book with this agency ever again. They offered no explanation for their negligence which caused me to have high anxiety and panic attacks. I almost didn't want to go.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

If possible I would give Apple Vacations a negative rating. I booked a vacation for 19 family members to celebrate birthdays. We were familiar with the Hotel having visited several times in previous years. We relied on our past experience and Apple Vacations website that had the property still classified as a six golden apple. They published pictures of rooms in pristine condition from days gone by and a beautiful beach with Caribbean blue water. They lure you in with fraudulent/misrepresentation and once you get there and find out that you've been had you are at their mercy and have no recourse. We were told on our way to the hotel by the Apple Representative not to drink the water because it was contaminated.

Even though we didn't drink the water several members of my party came down with stomach issues that lingered on throughout our vacation. The pristine rooms with a tropical view that we were expecting was anything but that. The rooms were dated and tacky appearing to not have been touched since the last time we visited eight years ago. The beautiful beach with Caribbean blue water was brown filled with smelly seaweed and wasn't accessible. We would have never stayed at this hotel had we known in advance that it had deteriorated to this level. Contaminated water, outdated tacky rooms and a beach that wasn't accessible ruined our vacation. My dissatisfaction with my stay at this property is a direct result of faulty misrepresentation provided on Apple Vacations Website.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I bought a trip for two to Puerto Vallarta from cheapcarribean.com with an add on serene snorkeling trip from puerta vallarta adventures and added transportation to the package managed by Amstar. My transportation did not arrive to take me to the airport even after calling almost making me miss my flight. The serene snorkeling experience to the marietas islands was a false advertisement for essentially a booze cruise with 10 minutes of snorkeling in 7 hours. The boat blasted music which made sure there was nothing serene about it or animals around as the trip was advertised. I would have paid to get off of this boat as it was not at all what was described. I just wanted my money back for the transportation that never arrived and was ten times more than the local fares and a refund for the add on package since it wasted an entire day of my trip. The parent company, Apple, would not refund me anything and simply offered me free transportation on my next trip with the which will NEVER happen. It took over six weeks to get this response and around 10 phonecall and more emails. Horrible company, amstar was horrible, puerta vallarta adventures was horrible, and the parent company apple is horrible to deal with. Do not get your vacation through any of these companies.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I booked a stay in Jamaica (Palladium) using Apple Vacations July 28, 2022-July 31, 2022. The first issue was my flight. Apple Vacations hadn’t informed me that at Hartsfield Jackson Airport Frontier Airlines only flies out of the domestic side of the airport so of course I was in the international airport. I was going to Jamaica which usually would be international. However I missed my flight was unable to set up for my birthday which was the 29th of July which was my rescheduled date to fly out. Apple vacations failed to inform me. I arrived at the Palladium around 7:30 pm so I hurried changed clothes, had dinner, my birthday had been ruined.

For the next three days of my stay The Grand Palladium Jamaica which was booked through Apple Vacations had no hot water for 3 days I called the front desk, I called Apple Vacations with my concerns. Still for my entire stay I had no hot water. When I returned home on August 1, 2022 I contacted Apple Vacations explaining that I’d like a full refund for my inconvenience. Apple Vacations has said that the Palladium has offered a voucher to another location. I told them no I’d like a full refund. I told Apple Vacations that the contract was between their company and myself and that they are responsible for my refund. They have not called me with a resolution to the issues relating to my stay as of yet. Please help me with this matter?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

My husband and I recently took a trip to Cancun, booked through Apple Vacations. The resort we visited was one that Apple Vacations advertises on their website. The resort was awful from the moment we stepped foot on the property. Nothing was as advertised (resort amenities and features, upgrades, etc.). The resort was in complete disrepair (the air conditioning didn't even work). We paid extra for upgrades that were actually standard (ocean front) and for some upgrades that didn't even exist (preferred club status, which was supposed to give access to a members only pool and several other amenities the resort didn't even have).

We contacted Apple Vacations upon our return, detailing the issues and the extend to which we were mislead due to their advertising and promotion of the resort. It took them over a month to respond with a "Sorry it wasn't what you expected" and they'll give us a credit for $150/person, but it has to be used within a year. Our trip cost over $4,000. In short, DO NOT trust your vacation to Apple Vacations. There is a high likelihood you will be mislead and defrauded and end up paying a lot of money for a bad experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

6/18 I purchased hotel and flight through a travel agent for 6 people. Travel dates: 8/25 - 8/31. Cost: $4,175.40. 7/6 I needed to cancel through the travel agent due to an event conflict during the same time. 8/1 I called Apple Vacations to check on the status of my refund and was inform I would only receive a travel credit because I didn’t purchase travel protection. I didn’t purchase travel protection because I wasn’t aware of it when I purchased nor was I informed when it was canceled. After hours on the phone with Apple vacations rep and a Supervisor I was told I would only receive a travel credit in the amount of $871.98. I was charged $100 per person for cancelling and was inform by the Supervisor that Alaska Airlines charged a cancellation fee of $2703.42. I specifically purchased refundable airline tickets.

I called Alaska Airlines and was informed they do not charge a cancellation fee for the tickets, in fact they do not receive payment until after the trip is completed. On the itinerary there was an advisory stating penalty could apply if travel protection is not purchased and the hotel may charge a fee if not cancelled 24 hours in advance. There is no such advisory on the airline itinerary. Basically, I paid $4,175.40 for a trip that I cancelled 51 days in advance of the trip. Was charged $600 ($100 per person) for canceling the trip AND charged a cancellation fee of $2703.42 by Apple Vacations for the refundable airline tickets I purchased. Apple Vacations is unethical, amoral and pathetic for deliberately being deceptive. I am pursuing all avenues available to me to recoup the money stolen from me.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Updated on 09/11/2022: I am writing a second review dealing with the Hyatt ground who owns Apple Vacations, AMR and Sunscape Curacao. I have literally wrote letters of complaint to Hyatt, AMR resorts and the Sunscape Curaco. This has been going on since June. The resort did not offer many of the services in our itinerary. It was entirely misleading. We are out an extra $1000 we had to spend in food and taxis to leave the resort to eat. I was asking for compensation of this amount. I also paid $400 to upgrade the room to oceanfront and was not given the right room type and given room with obstructed view.

Food was not 24 hours as advertised and most restaurants weren’t open the entire time. Food was not edible or safe with birds free feeding from the buffet. When I finally heard from the manager at Sunscape I received a response with a lot of excuses. The resort manager after two months of back and forth has now offered to compensate some of this with Hyatt points. It’s been almost a week and I’ve heard nothing back from him. The Apple Vacations travel agency offered up a $150 credit and claimed they would send it in email form in two weeks. That was on 9/2. Still waiting? The Hyatt customer service forwarded my complaint to the AMR office only to once again have the same manager respond again. Hyatt did offer 10,000 points which barely gets one night but started they could not handle this as it needed to go back to AMR. I’m not sure that this will ever get resolved. They ruined our vacation and all have left a bad taste in our mouth.

Original Review: Booked a trip for two thru Apple Vacations to Curacao at the Sunscape Resort. The services offered at the resort were not reflected in the itinerary provided. We paid $2700 for two for an all-inclusive and found that many services were not offered, food was not available 24 hours a day, some restaurants at resort were closed. Food was not edible and I witnessed birds flying into the buffet. Room was misrepresented and I paid for an upgrade. Had to fight to get a room change. The room was old and not representative of the pictures online.

The itinerary that Apple provided was not representative of the actual resort. I asked for a partial refund or credit. Apple took weeks to get back to me via email, did not address any of the concerns I raised. Offered a $75 a person credit today and the resort then offered an upgrade we will not use. I paid an additional $1000 having to eat off-site due to this mess. The agency is wiping its hands and it’s supposed to be a provider of travel.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I booked my family vacation through Apple Vacations, and flight ended up being canceled through American Airlines, so we had to book new tickets through another carrier. Our vacation was booked with over 20 people, so everyone contacted American Airlines for the refunds. Since Apple used their own company credit card to book my ticket…. WHY IS THE QUESTION… they would be one processing my return.

One week after requesting a refund, our group received emails that our money has been refunded. I gave it about an additional week to make sure it was adequate time to process the refund and for it to be returned to my credit card. I checked my credit card, and Apple Vacation had NOT returned my money. Now, the rest of my group's money was returned within 2 weeks. Today, it’s over one month later and Apple is still hasn’t returned my money. I’ve spoke to countless Apple representatives from different countries and they keep says, American Airlines still hasn’t refined the money. This is BAD BUSINESS and I will NEVER BOOK THROUGH APPLE VACATIONS. BEWARE BEWARE.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Planned a group trip and purchased insurance. Was told I would receive the full amount back BUT Apple Vacation took $300 out of it for penalties for canceling. I have emailed them, called them, filed a BBB complaint and still haven’t received a response. It’s time for a class action lawsuit.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I booked a flight for Feb 7 2022 through Apple Vacations. Purchased the travel insurance in case flight got cancelled since I was travel in winter. Flight cancelled on Feb 6th. And Apple Vacations is denying my claim to be refunded for the cancelled flight. Never will I use them again.

Apple Vacations Company Information