1.1/5 (57 ratings)

About Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Vacations?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 7, 2022

Every time I call the 800 number about my reservation I get no dial tone and automated message that all circuits are busy. Don't use them. Customer service is bad and the website is not user friendly!!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

On 3/30/2022 I found a travel vacation website Apple Vacation and wanted to book a travel package. I booked a package for $2,771.09 which included 7 day all inclusive resort plus airfare. When selecting the flights, I selected a non stop, main cabin ticket. I work for an airline company and I knew I did not want a basic economy ticket because this type of ticket doesn't allow for seat selection and you're forced to wait at the gate the day of travel for airline to select any available seat for you. You risk not have a seat the day you show up. I paid extra to ensure I was going to have a seat once confirmed.

Once I submitted my payment, Apple sent me a confirmation and I quickly discovered there was no ability to select seats on the airliners website. Once I spoke to a representative of the airline they told me it was not a main cabin ticket, rather a basic economy ticket and Apple downgraded my ticket automatically. They pulled the bait and switch technique. I wasn't happy about this but I still wanted to take the vacation. I figured I would pay more with the airliner for a Main Cabin Extra ticket, which was the only thing available to ensure I had a seat and I would contact apple vacations asking for a credit of the difference.

Many of these dishonest travel websites will do this to consumers. You buy one thing and you end up with something total different. They force you to purchase insurance in order to cancel in the event something goes wrong with your travel plans. But, this wasn't a case of me not being able to travel, it was them not providing me a seat for which I paid extra to confirm. Other websites like Expedia.com give you the option to cancel with 24 hours without any charges or penalties and issue a full refund. This website does not offer that, in fact when you cancel with the airline within 24 hours, there is no penalty so I don't know why they wouldn't do the right thing by the consumer. So, in attempt to keep my money and offer me a travel credit, they denied me a refund even when I have a valid claim. Apple Vacations was in breach of their own contract.

When I contacted them directly they offered no support. The employees waste your time on the phone and it took 45 minutes to cancel the reservation. I spoke to a Melissa ** that lied directly to the consumer. She didn't tell me that anything could be done but in fact told me she would escalate to the department that would handle disputes only to email me back after getting off the phone to tell me there is nothing they can do and I was stuck with my reservation. An all inclusive resort in a foreign country is not going to care if you arrive on time or not.

By Apple booking me a basic economy ticket, I risk arriving at the airport and not having a seat and the airliner rerouting me around the country with connections in order to get me to my destination or even worse rebooking me on the next flight the next day. They only had one flight per day. At that point, there is no guarantee the resort will hold my reservation for the next day which would mean I could lose an entire day of being at the resort. They didn't seem to care at all and came up with different excuses according to the Better Business Bureau responses. They blamed the airliner. I don't know how websites like this are able to sell something the airliners don’t have and then downgrade their passengers and get away with it.

They stopped responding to my messages on the BBB. I asked for their company headquarters address so I can file a formal complaint with the courts and hire an attorney. According to their terms and agreement, if there are any major changes to the reservation, they have to notify me either electronically or by mail and I would have 7 days to cancel in writing. The images attached will show the difference between Basic Economy and Main Cabin. It will also show Main Cabin as my ticket selection. Again, I work for an airline company and I know I exactly how ticketing works and what tickets you wanna avoid if you want them to assign you a seat at the gate. There is no guarantee you will actually get a seat.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I have used this company a dozen times no problem! This time was worst experience… Landed in Mexico to find out at the airport Apple had cancelled my hotel and transportation reservations! Don’t use!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 28, 2022

We went on vacation the 1st week of April and had to cancel one of our travelers. We paid for travel credit insurance to be used for a future trip. We have been fighting to get this credit for weeks now, no one can give a straight answer. We found out today that they are saying we only get a 3rd of what we are owed. I paid for luggage and that was refunded back to them and they are also trying to keep that which was never paid to them ever. It's incredibly frustrating that a company can be that dishonest.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 27, 2022

We bought a vacation trip to Cancun back in March 2022, had a problem with my passport and had to cancel it. Had travel insurance and was told we can get full refund if canceled. So that being said and with policy on hand which clearly says "Refund can be made at ANY time prior to departure and refund will be made in the original form of payment" and now my question to Apple Travel, "Did I pay you with a Travel Credit?" No I didn't. I paid $1400 US dollars and $100 in a travel insurance that doesn't work and even if I cancel you will take those $100 back. Now the ordeal. Called customer service and a lady answered. After asking us couple question with no explanation left us on hold for over 50 minutes, so we decided to use another line and call again while waiting.

Service representative Dylan ** looked up the account and had us about an hr on the phone and only offer to give us a Travel Credit. It was the longest hr back and forth because their policies were not the same as the paperwork I had in hand. Asked for a supervisor and got denied. He said he can not do that. What company doesn't have a supervisor ready to help customers with problems, well guess #AppleTravel does. This case will be going to our lawyers and seek legal advice. I'm not the only person that has gone thru this crap, so please be advised and read reviews. That way you might save time, money and a lot of headaches. So to you Apple Travel hope I can hear from you about this matter before my lawyer contact you.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I paid a deposit on a trip to Mexico via a travel agent that booked through Apple Vacations. I purchased insurance and was told that if I did cancel I would receive a refund. I did have to cancel the trip and was told I would get a travel credit. I was surprised because I thought I would get a refund and was told I didn’t get the right type of insurance for that. I have been in contact several times about getting a refund for a deposit paid on this canceled trip. March 15th, I spoke with Antonio. After our conversation, I was told that I would be receiving a refund for my deposit. I was told he was going to email accounting and that they would contact me 10-30 days from our conversation telling me about the refund. I heard nothing and received no email.

I then called on April 12th asking about my refund. I spoke with Lily. She told me I would not be receiving a refund but a travel credit. I told her what I was told by Antonio and that I did not want a travel credit. After several minutes I asked to speak with a manager. She hung up on me. I called back and spoke with Paola. The conversation was the same. I explained everything that I told Lily and she also said that I would not get a refund. I asked to speak to manager. She told me that it would take a long time. I waited but she came back and said that she would send a request about my situation. I received no email. I called April 13th and spoke with Javier. I explained the situation and he said the same as the others. I asked to speak with a manager. He said that he would have to see if one would want to speak with me. I waited on hold for over an hour before getting disconnected. This company is completely unprofessional.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Apple Vacations is the worst travel agency I have ever worked with. Easy to book with them, but if there is a problem...you are left on hold for hours on end, always told you are not talking with the right person and they transfer you again and again. I'm up to about 4 hours today and still holding...Transferred 3 or more times and on hold again. I would not recommend them to anyone. Wow....how do they stay in business???? Buyer beware! Just think, we purchased the travel insurance too. Interesting you can't get through....

Apple Vacations response

Hi there, please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist!

Original review: April 7, 2022

I paid for the trip insurance. I was supposed to get a credit because my son back unbacked out of the trip.. It took them a year to get me the credit. I have spent countless hours on the phone with many do different representatives. I could not get a straight answer from anybody. Nobody knows what they are doing. I get a different answer from everybody I talk to regarding where I can use this credit and how I can use this credit. 1st they tell me my credit is expired. So every time I manage to get ahold of someone, I have to explain all over again and provide proof that I have the credit and when I need to use it by. I tried resorting to sending an email. I got the same response from whoever was responding to the email. Claiming that they reviewed my account and solved that my issue has already been resolved. In no way shape or form has my issue been resolved. I am at my wit's end!!!! And forget about getting a supervisor on the phone.

Original review: April 6, 2022

My family and I spent over $9,000 on a holiday trip which unfortunately had to be cancelled when one of us got Covid-19. We did not get any refund from Apple Vacations. Worse, we could not even get them to reply to our pleas for help. Apple's "customer service" strategy is to ignore the customers and hope they just go away. We waited 90 days as instructed, with no answer. So we asked again and we were told to wait another 7 weeks! The phone number were provided did not even work. We spent $9,000 and got nothing, not even a reply.

Original review: April 5, 2022

First be careful when you deal with Apple Vacations! Short - you will never see your money back, they give credits and is like use it or lose it. So, fast forward you don’t want to lose money, you book another vacation, but you pay additional 50% of the additional price with all penalties, prices changes… My story is long, I lost $1,200 because no refunds, just credits! My advice - STAY AWAY!

Apple Vacations Company Information