3.60/5

241 Alitalia Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

Hi, I Travelled on 30th of June from New Delhi (India) to Washington DC. This is the second time I use this airline because I had a good experience last time. But this time it just worst. It has two Layovers one in Abu Dhabi and another one is in Rome. I especially mentioned Hindu Non-Veg meal. I only get food on my first flight from New Delhi to Abu Dhabi. From Abu Dhabi to Rome flight attendant just offered a snack, while asking for a Hindu meal they said, "We don't have it." And it's a long flight. I was a totally empty stomach.

And the worst part is when I took the last flight from Rome to Washington no one even came for water. When they start giving the food they also don't have the Hindu meal food. They gave me the Beef and we Indians don't eat Beef. Also, they have Pasta in front of me. I returned the Beef and told them, "Can I have the Pasta?" The answer was, "We are out". But they've got it. This is really not so good. I almost did my all the Journey empty stomach. I am a Thyroid Patient. And you guys are doing this with the Passengers. This is really not so good. I travel a lot but this flight no more. Very Very bad Experience with Alitalia.

Original review: June 13, 2019

SkyTeam and Alitalia - beware the flights you choose. I reserved and paid for my family of four through AZ website. I reserved the seats on 3 out of 4 flights. On the first part of the journey I was informed it was not an Alitalia flight and they could not reserve the seat, contact the other carrier (seamless service. Yeah right!!!), contacting the other airline MEA. I could not choose a seat and called them on the phone. They pushed me off to Alitalia again. Alitalia told me it's ''not logical'' and sent me back to MEA. That airline told me "you bought your ticket with AZ so hard luck you cannot reserve any seats and only get them at the check-in"... Quite possible we will not sit together and worse all get the middle seats that no-one wants. Alitalia washed their hands and MEA punishes because we bought on Alitalia.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I paid a huge sum of money for my daughter's trip to Florence on Alitalia. Due to the cost, I paid extreme attention to what was and what was not included in the fare. I have screenshots of each booking page clearly showing what was included in the fare - in particular a 1 x 23 kg suitcase. I was also clearly shown on my booking confirmation that I had printed and took with me to the airport. Upon check-in I'm told there is a $60 fee for the suitcase. I said on "no it's included and here is my confirmation clearly showing it's included". I'm promptly told that I've been "misinformed". Really?? Misinformed in writing by the airline that I purchased the ticket from?? Misinformed by the screenshot of my booking pages showing that a suitcase was included in the fare??

I had no choice but to pay it in order to get my daughter on her way but immediately contacted Alitalia customer service. I was told to email them which I did and included my confirmation and screenshots. I get an automated response telling me it could take up to 30 days for them to review my claim. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I feel I have been scammed. It's a statistics game. Out of every 100 people incorrectly charged probably less than 50% follow through with a claim - money in their pockets. No doubt I'll have to go through the entire process again when my daughter returns. I truly regret purchasing this flight and will NEVER fly Alitalia again. Stick to Lufthansa or Swiss Air.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have booked 2 tickets, and the next day the prices dropped more than 10%. I have tried to contact Alitalia, but they say that our tickets is non-refundable. Though it is written in the tickets that they are refundable at a fee.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Barely raining but we have to trust there is a storm coming up. No room for hand luggage like always. The bus drove us to the wrong airplane and after we finally got in the right seats and after a longer flight the usual we are not allowed to leave the airplane. I guess I will just die in here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alitalia?

Original review: April 30, 2019

I flew on Alitalia from LAX to Rome. Somewhere between checking my bag in LA and retrieving it in Rome, my bag was opened and my entire cosmetics case was stolen. To add insult to injury, I had to pay $120 to check my bags - just to have $700+ worth of cosmetics stolen. So heartbreaking and frustrating. On top of that, customer service is of ZERO help. They refuse to even speak to you about it after 7 days have passed.

They won't even make an attempt at making things right. They are barely apologetic but "greatly value your business and hope you will provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence on a future flight" Such a joke. I will NEVER fly Alitalia again, you could not pay me to give this airline another chance. The plane itself was old and so uncomfortable. Service was SPARSE and the bathroom was DISGUSTING. We upgraded to exit row seats and THANK GOD, because the people in the rows behind us were fidgeting and banging their knees on the seats the entire 10 hour flight. TRUST ME - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: April 27, 2019

The worst airline ever. I had two problems with them in two different flights. The first problem when I traveled from Jordan to Catania, and I had a connection in Rome. So, my bags were lost in Rome. They return the bags to me just before my trip back from Catania to home. They refused to compensate me financial or even apologies. They always say it is not our fault, it is **’s fault’s. And this ** can be anything except Alitalia.

The second problem happened five years after the first problem, and before buying this ticket I thought that they have improved. However, the truth is that they are BAD. So, my story is that I was flying from Paris to Amman through Rome. When I arrived from Paris to Rome, they announced the gate of my next flight (Rome to Amman) too late, like 30 min before departure, and it happened that I was in a different terminal. I was unable to reach the newly announced gate, and lost my flight. So, again they refused to accept the fact that they are responsible, even though that the same problem happened with five other people who were traveling from Rome to Amman. So, after a long discussion and endless arguments, they accepted to book us for the next day flight free of charge (after 24 hours from my first flight). However, they said that the delayed announcement of the airport is the airport responsibility not their responsibility.

To make things worst, my bags were lost in the next day as they were unable to locate my luggage in the transit area. By the end, I received my bags after few days in Amman, but the bags were in miserable conditions. They said again that they are not responsible because I missed my previous flight from Rome to Amman! To conclude, Alitalia offers slightly reduced fair tickets for a very good reason. Without this reduced fair, no one will be traveling with them! If you are smart and you want to save money and efforts, select any other airline as with Alitalia you will spend more money in total and you will go through stupid tragedy.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My family and I went skiing in half term and flew to Italy with Alitalia and they lost all our bags before we had even left the airport. They returned our ski boots and helmets at the end of the holiday (which was bad enough) but the main bag with all our clothes in wasn't returned until six weeks later. We incurred a lot of costs to make up for all the clothes and equipment we needed to buy/hire and they have offered us very little compensation. Customer service has been terrible. Don't fly with them, it's not worth it and could ruin a perfectly good holiday.

Original review: March 24, 2019

The worse airline I ever seen. My luggage is totally destroyed and I make complaint month ago and no one answer me. Now I not want make complaint. I will just go every single website, write my bad experiences I had with your airline and warning and telling people how terrible Airlines are you!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

If this airline represents Italy, Italy is in trouble, nothing works, can't check in online or from the app in the last two days, flying out today and nothing still, when you call, you pay 16 cents when answered and 98 cents per minute to talk to somebody who cannot and doesn't know how to help. This airline is a nightmare! The planes when flying across from Italy to the US don't have USB or electricity plugs anywhere but the bathroom, so charge up your phones before you embark in this '90s airline and enjoy the one movie they'll decide to play over the cabin 3 monitors. Stay clear of Alitalia... If a zero star was avail...

Alitalia Company Information