2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.00/5

Bangkok Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bangkok Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bangkok Airways?

Original review: March 12, 2020

I've booked tickets to my wife and myself from Myanmar to Bangkok - decided to pay more (compare to low-cost airlines that operate the same route) for better service and to avoid any hassle. As dates are public holidays - I've booked tickets in advance to ensure normal prices. Month later Bangkok airways sending me a mail saying that they are changing flight to have it 6 hours earlier. So it's completely destroying my travel plan and putting overall travel schedule under risk (as we have to take now some early flight from other city or make up another solution). It never happened with even low-cost airlines - that's why I was so surprised. As it's popular dates now I need to book another tickets and pay twice of initial price (compare if I book normal company from the beginning and not buy Bangkok airways tickets).

Another point - right after I got notification about flight change I've sent back request for refund. After 1 week of silence and several additional mails from my side I've called to their call center (which I'm usually trying to avoid as it's great time waste in general) and requested refund. They confirmed that they got it and will send me a confirmation letter. 3 days after - still silence (update - they refunded). Not sure what motivation can be to use this airlines (except places where no one else goes) - but for premium prices you are getting lower than low-cost service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Bangkok Airways is an airline distinguished by expensive fares and poor service, due to its status as a monopoly of flights at Koh Samui airport, and for ignoring the concept of customer service. Samui airport is also its property, where they invest as low as possible: is very basic and very poorly conditioned for waiting, the worst in the world that I have known in 30 years traveling in 60 countries, specially in relation to the high price paid by the passenger (overcrowded, no AC, long walks under the sun or the rain, long waiting times at the check-in counter, IT and electrical defaillances…).

It’s possibly one of the worst airlines in the world in value for money. They have a huge business on its main route, Bangkok-Samui, because it’s a monopoly charging abusive rates. Bangkok Airways is a scam to avoid, but unfortunately is the only way to arrive Samui by air, because its mafia monopoly (except for a Thai Airways testimonial flight, that I think is slightly less expensive. But, this flight can be purchased only as connection with a Thai international flight). They would not survive in an open market flying on routes with competitors.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I accidentally booked a ticket for the wrong date and emailed them. They replied saying I could change my ticket and pay the difference. When I told them I wanted a ticket with the same price (that I found on their website), they said I needed to pay the full price for the new ticket.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I'm very disappointed and unpleased by how the way Bangkok Airways staff and company as general treated me... I arrived in Phuket International Airport as scheduled and my flight was to leave at 22.10. Whereby I could still be on time for my connecting flight (Etihad) to Abu Dhabi which was leaving at 2.10 am whereby I was connecting my other flight later in Abu Dhabi to Dar Es Salaam. But what happened was the flight was delayed and I went to Bangkok Airways counter to inform them about my connecting flight but they told me they had already contacted with the office in Bangkok Airport so they know my case... but again they announced that the plane is gonna delay further to 23.10.

I went back to the staff and addressed my issue that I am going to be late for my connecting flight but they kept telling me they already know my case and I won't be late for my flight. But when it reached 23.10 the boarding had not yet started and when I asked the staff they said they are adding gas to the plane. So the plane started boarding at 11.20 pm and finished boarding at 11.45 pm. The plane therefore took from Phuket airport at 12.20 am and landed in Bangkok at 1.23 pm. We had to wait for the car to pick us up and take us from the plane to the terminal where I collected my luggage by 1.40 am... After getting my luggage I followed the Bangkok staff and what they answered me was really heartbreaking. They said I should contact Etihad by myself. They are not responsible.

Really how can they say this after telling and lying to me the whole way of the trip that they have contacted the airline (Etihad) about my case. So I had to find the Etihad office. That was already 2.10 am but there was nobody to help me... So who is responsible for this because I was on time as scheduled but Bangkok Airways wasn't on time and now they can't help me anything. I'm just stranded at the airport hungry and no money and I can't travel and I don't know what to do. Bangkok Airways have left me with no any help.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Agents were very thorough and efficiently walked me through your the process. I was very pleased with the results and have lower payments now. Mileage program is basically non-existent as far as a rewards program goes. I've only flown once through this company and will likely choose something else next time. I thankfully didn't need to cancel, but if I would have, I would have thrown 8,000 dollars down the drain. They will give no money back- not even credit. It was expensive, but not as much as other airlines. It definitely could have been better and it definitely could have been worse. Online prices were roughly the same.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

They were great, very accommodating and helpful, answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable flying with their company, they were very friendly as well. The rewards was very helpful with making my decision with flying with the company, their choices for the awards will keep me coming back for sure, everyone likes rewards. They are very understanding than most airlines, and try to make it as easy as they can without any complications which makes it even better, love it when things go my way. The value is great for the price you pay, with everything combine and getting to your destination safe, couldn't ask for more, even their snacks are great, looking forward to the next flight.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

The customer service is extremely friendly and helpful. The service is always fast and reliable and you truly feel as you are an important customer to their services. The rewards are very few and also takes some time to collect points to accumulate them. If there was a way to get more points and also more additions to the rewards program it would be a lot better. The cancellation policy is quick and seemingly flawless. Always a quick refund of money if a cancellation does occur and no hassles to try and keep your flight. The price for this flight is very reasonable. The flights are always pleasant and the staff always tends to your every needs.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The representative on the phone was very helpful when I called to make my reservation. The lady told me everything I needed to know. The flight attendant was very comforting during such a long flight. The rewards program is very fruitful. I've already racked up enough frequent flyer miles that my next trip is on the house. I would definitely recommend using the rewards program. The cancellation fee for a flight is a little pricey but with all the other benefits it's worth it. I wish it were a little bit less but that's just one drawback. I looked around and I could not find a more affordable avenue to reach my destination. I love this airline. The price is the best. And all the amenities really wowed me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

It is an interesting flight that offers good deal to visit Asia. I have been to Thailand twice and I have it Bangkok Air. It is good. So it is good to use. All fun to be in it. That is one great adventure to have, by using this airway and you should enjoy every minutes that you are in it whenever you travel there. A wonderful moment to have and of course the discount is great. And if you happen to cancel the fly, you are being offered a variety of offers ranging from discount to full refund. All interest are with this company. It is lovely to do business with them. I had great time with them and I want to repeat the process again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

They were nice and welcoming. Offered an assortment of items and made sure I was extremely comfortable. Presentable and trustworthy. Came to check every few minutes. The cancellation policy is okay, reasonable enough. I didn't have to cancel my flight and I doubt most do have to but in any case, the fee charged was reasonable. Definitely got what I paid for. The service and assortment of items is fabulous and would definitely fly again at this rate. Not too high and not too low.

Bangkok Airways Company Information