3.86/5
  • 1 star
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Your airline may owe you up to
$400
Bad airline experience?
You may qualify for a partial refund
You may think there's nothing you can do about delays and cancellations, but you can seek compensation for these and other bad experiences.
Think there's nothing you can do about delays or canceled flights? We'll help you seek compensation-try it for free!

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 3, 2017

14 ExpressJet Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I want to describe my mom's experience since she doesn't speak English fluently. She was traveling from New York to Houston Tx on January 1, 2017, flight UA3951. My mom was sitting by the emergency exit and the flight attendant asked her if she would be ok sitting by the emergency exit. My mom just told her she had no problem sitting there. The flight attendant asked my mother a second question and my mom didn't understand the second question. The attendant realized my mom didn't understand the question. She probably concluded my mom didn't know english and she had to be relocated to another seat. She told my mom she had to be reallocated but my mom didn't know where to go because the flight attendant didn't give her any additional instructions. The flight attendant left and she came back to my mom's seat 5 minutes later.

At this point, the flight attendant was very upset and she was yelling at my mother. My mom tried to get her name but the flight attendant was intentionally covering her name tag. Keep in mind, the flight attendant yelled at her several times. Another flight attendant came over and she was very courteous and helpful. She explained my mom exactly what to do even though there was a language barrier. When the plane finally landed, my mom was very upset about the incident. She asked the rude flight attendant her name and last name. She was still covering her name tag on purpose and she told my mom she wouldn't give it to her. It was a very disappointing experience and quite frankly, I'm sure we are never going to travel with you again. However, I thought you should know how unprofessional your staff was.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

As an upstart owner to a new business, I have found myself traveling often from Atlanta to White Plains, NY and to Richmond, VA. I choose Delta for a reason, Atlanta's hometown airline and they have an awesome regional partner called Express Jet. I've flown 26 flights on them to date. At first I was bothered by not being on a larger plane. But once I was aboard this smaller regional jet, I felt like I was in the company of great friends or even family. The gate agents are knowledgeable and efficient and the flight attendants are so down-to-earth and friendly that I plan on being a long time customer of Delta and Express Jet. These employees took my fear and made me so comfortable that now I truly love the smaller planes because I feel the service is a little more personable. There are even a couple of flight attendants that remember me and they call me by name! I love that! Thank you Delta!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I had some problems with check-in with my baggage and the agents at were very, very helpful. They weren't rude and went above and beyond to make sure that I was well taken care of. Rewards are great! They offer several different types of rewards and you can reach them quickly. If there is any problems with certain rewards, the customer service agents will try to help you with other rewards, or will accommodate you with more reward points. The cancellation policy is very easy to understand. However, there are some areas that could change. If they change these, then the cancellation policy would be outstanding. The perceived value, in my opinion, is pretty high. This airline will go out of their way to accommodate their passengers. Give this airline a try and you can see the value for yourself.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I was treated very well at check in. The baggage service was okay. Flight attendants were very good at handling the requests of the passengers. I enjoyed the drink service and felt the prices were well in line. The cancellation policy is very similar to that of other express airlines. That is what we have to put up with as air travelers. We have little to say about these policies. I always am concerned especially if I were to become ill and not able to make my original flight date. I believe it is a great value because of the ability to work with American, Delta and United. The ability to hook up to small towns increases my options in the planning of my airline travels. The hook up from these small towns to a major airline allows for me to be able to book flights to almost anywhere.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

Very helpful and accommodating. The service reps were knowledgeable and friendly. They were patient and answered my questions to the best of their ability. I assume the rewards will be worth it once I fly more and gain more points. Since I haven't gained enough rewards to win or gain anything at this time I do eagerly await when I do. The cost of the ticket I felt was a good value. I did refer friends to the airline since I was happy with everything that the company has given me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ExpressJet Airlines?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Very easy to deal with, no hassles, no issues. Better service than the larger airlines. Pleasant experience compared to experiences with bigger airlines. Not really flying enough to get much rewards wise but it seem to be about the same as the larger airlines have but awarded quicker. I look forward to continuing to fly with them. I have not flown enough or had issues arise that required me to cancel or try to reschedule it but with the service I have received I am sure they would be easy to deal with. The flights I took with them were very economical compared to other larger airlines. Mix that with the quality of their service it made it an even better deal.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

Everyone was helpful. No issues. Ride was smooth. Had help getting from location to location. When arriving great customer care and service very informative, did make it feel comfortable traveling. It is always easy and smooth getting points. The service is smooth and convenient. I travel at least 4 times a year for personal travel. Each time I received points enough to use and travel free twice in the year. I have never had to cancel but I know the policy and feel it is very fair and doable. I have had to change flights and was able to do so easily and confidently. Customer service was good, very helpful in making the changes. Value is always good. Very satisfied with the service and atmosphere. Very enjoyable each time I fly. I only travel using one other travel airline and that is for the certain areas.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

The customer service was so down to earth and they truly made the flight a rewarding experience. The ticket agents to the flight crew made the time on board the plane a relaxing and fun trip home. Really didn't see much in the rewards package except it did save me some extra cash and the rewards received from this wonderful trip will stay with me a long time. One of the best cancellation policies there is. No major problem at all and there was no charge to cancel your booking. This was a wonderful thing to see because so many other airlines charge you for cancelling. It is all in the way you look at it. The value is in the awesome and total service you received from this airlines. I would definitely recommend them if they fly to where you need to go.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

All the staff was very accommodating and pilot. Since I was on a long flight it was very stressful and tiring, but having nice people around made the experience better. Great rewards program! I've earned so many points! I travel so much so it's great to get something in return for my loyalty! I really get the bang for my buck! High-class airline with great service and comfortable planes! I had a great experience with every aspect! What a great company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Customer service acted like they really cared about my travels. It was extremely refreshing being talked to like a human, instead of a wallet. It was a great trip.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

They were very professional. They were patient and understanding and helpful with any questions we had. There are plenty of rewards offered although I haven't been a customer long enough to enjoy them. I'll eventually get to it though, REWARDS ON REWARRDDDSSS. You have enough time to cancel without fees which is cool. I wish more places would offer this kind of stuff cause it's super helpful. Good job. Service was good too, I felt safe and relaxed. I would definitely recommend and use it again as it was really good and cool.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

A bumpy flight. Generally holding breath the whole time hoping not to crash. The seats were a little uncomfortable. My seat looked like it had a cigarette burn on it. You get what you pay for. Cheap flight. Cheap ride. Uncomfortable ride. Get on / off as soon as possible. Make sure your emergency gear is in place too.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

It has great customer service because it helped me when I forgot to mark down a luggage and the problem was fixed in less than 5 minutes. There isn't really MUCH rewards, but the airline prices are often cheaper than most other airline companies, which brought me to fly with them. Its values are very good because its prices beat its competitors like JetBlue and many others. It leaves customers proud for choosing that company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Everything was arranged ahead of time and for a reasonable price. They made sure I was well taken care of for my long journey and very comfortable the whole way. I have never received so many rewards in my life. Not only did I receive many but they came in a diligent time fashion and were always there when I needed them. I have never had a need to cancel with this company but they seemed to be like all others. Very reasonable amount of time for a refund. I thought that I received a lot for my money. It's a great flight and the staff was wonderful. Overall I think it was worth every bit of time and money I put into it.

ExpressJet Airlines Company Information