3.69/5

232 Aeroplan Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

I as well have experienced the same situation as everyone below. Aeroplan just felt that they could take 157,000 points from me. They said like everyone else that they send me an email notifying me (which I never got) and if I did it was sent buried in all of their other promotional stuff. I have been with Aeroplan for 27 years, and just because I am inactive for a year they feel they have the right to, for a better word rob me of points which I have paid for?? Shameful of you. You call yourself a "LOYALTY" program. Where is your loyalty to me after 27 years of supporting you.

Original review: July 8, 2019

How can Aeroplan continue to be a viable business entity! What absolutely poor customer service from, imho, a 360 degree perspective! Ordered product with Costco.ca which included Aeroplan points on April 6/19 and after various conversations w/ Costco.ca Customer Service Dept. and their person 'manually' contacting Aeroplan on June 6/19 to address my Reward Points, nothing has occurred that would result in my getting the points credited to my Aeroplan account.

I've been trying to contact Aeroplan's 1 800 361-5373 number and have actually talked to two different Customer Service Reps who have connected me with Customer Service Dept. only to end up being hung up on due to 'technical difficulties'! Why would the initial rep not have been aware that they were having technical issues. Hmm...been calling back for last 3 hours with no human contact with someone who can help me to just get what I thought would be a 'no-brainer': my Costco.ca purchase that awarded me with Aeroplan points. If this is how Air Canada operates its businesses, Lord forbid!

Initially when I enquired with Aeroplan as to getting my points, they sent me to Costco.ca to deal with. Then contacted Costco.ca and they said they would contact Aeroplan for rewarding me my points. While, 3 months later, no points; no positive communication with Aeroplan to date. I was wanting to use these points for a special flight but now it is too late. Aeroplan is extremely challenging for me just to talk to someone who can answer my question: Where in the world are my Costco/Aeroplan points?

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I just went to look at my Aeroplan account, only to find out that they have taken away 32,879 points. When I called both the rep and "manager" told me there was nothing that they can do. They said an email had been sent to me to notify me that it will expire. I did not receive an email and rarely check my "spam", which they said it probably went to. Regardless of email or not, I spent money to earn these points and when I choose to use them should be my choice. It's as if the bank would say to me, "Sorry, but you haven't had used your account for 6 months, so we're taking away all your money". I know that there had been a class action suit against them before with regards to this issue. I am EXTREMELY upset!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Why did you take my points away! Points expiring makes no sense at all. It takes forever to collect enough points to buy anything and by the time you get enough points they expire. This is a flawed system. Point should never expire and never be devalued.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was checking my balance after a tip and what was my surprise, Aeroplan/Aimia stole my previous miles because I didn't move my account in 12 months. Incredible how these people treat customers. They don't know Amex membership rewards and majors airlines, the miles don't expire! One of the main reason I didn't use Air Canada is that they lost my bags in a previous flight and the compensation was ridiculous. Of course, I never use Air Canada/Rouge except when is no other alternative (always is my last option). Now they do this? These people know nothing about customer service. They only care about their pockets and how to squeeze the passengers. It's very unethical the way they do business. Aimia as well as their loyalty partners in this theft.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: June 2, 2019

Been trying to log into/sign into Aeroplan for a week trying to find out our air miles, both on phone and website, kept getting error messages even though I provided correct information for both accounts, kept getting constant error messages - got locked out - nothing but frustration trying to get information. Air Miles a BIG SCAM.

Original review: April 28, 2019

For a variety of reasons (like life is sometimes complicated) I was too busy to travel, and keep up on my Areoplan business. I learned today that Aeroplan stole 60,000 points from me. A policy that forces people who justifiably earned their points to have annual activity on their account is nothing more than a ploy to find ways to steal points from members. Areoplan is a predator business with no business sense at all. I cut my Aeroplan card in two today. I used to make a point of travelling on Air Canada. NOT ANYMORE.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I selected a hotel and went through all the steps: selecting, inputting all my personal information, placing it in the "cart", and checking out. The site was processing my "order" and a few minutes later I receive a message: "There was a problem with your booking. We're currently experiencing technical difficulties with certain bookings on our site and through the Aeroplan Contact Centre...." I logged in and out several times, restarted my computer, went through the same steps with the same result. At this point, I called Aeroplan and received a recording stating the call could not be answered due to difficulties.

Later that evening I logged onto the site to try again but now the hotel I wanted was no longer on the site. I looked for other hotels in a similar category only to find they were almost double the air miles. I called Aeroplan and their response was "There is nothing we can do". They can't deal with the hotel directly, they can't alter how many air miles hotels "cost". How can a company be providing a "product" they have no control over? Also, how can a company advertise a product that is not available!

If you walk into a retail store based on a product that is advertised they need to have it on the shelf, or at least offer a rain check. They can't say "Sorry we don't have that one but we have this one BUT it will cost you double." Aren't there laws against "bait and switch" or advertising a product and perhaps only ever having ordered one to be on a shelf. Aeroplan's website is flawed and has FALSE ADVERTISING! Everyone tells me I should switch to the ROYAL BANK AVION card. I wonder if TD BANK, the Aeroplan card provider, cares????

Original review: April 5, 2019

Where to begin? In my location we’re forced to call in to redeem points. There have always been very few available dates for flights, but it’s only gotten worse lately. Just called to change an existing booking and there was next to nothing available. Then, by the time they got to booking us the agreed on flights THOSE were no longer available. No one could help, the prior flights were refunded so we didn’t even have those, and the supervisor I spoke to told me it was my fault because we’d asked to have the booking fee waived. Over two hours on the phone and we’re worse off than we were before we called. Points are no good to me if I can’t used them, and I’m tired of paying ridiculous fees for a sub-standard service. I’m switching to a new rewards program, and I wouldn’t recommend this one to anyone.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We recently were caught up in the M8 flight cancellations to Maui. I used Market Fare (significantly higher points) to get good flights (direct and no red eye). We were to leave on Monday March 18th and I had not heard anything about our flight as of Saturday March 16th so I phoned Aeroplan as our friends who were leaving on the same flight on Sunday (17th) morning for Maui had heard on Thursday (14TH) that their flight had changed to Sunday evening (direct). The Aeroplan lady said my only option was to leave on Sunday on a 6:25 am flight to Edmonton then 10:35 to Calgary and finally a flight to Maui at 15:30. We also returned a day earlier leaving at 22:50.

When I contacted Aeroplan when we got home to ask about returning our Market Fare points since I had paid extra for good flights they said it was not possible as this is government sanctioned. I told the supervisor that it is not right and she disagreed and I have no place to follow up. I was asking to pay what everyone else did and not extra. I was told that I was not less of a priority than other passengers getting a direct flight on the Monday in the afternoon but I certainly was not one of the chosen.

Aeroplan Company Information