2. Travel
  3. Airlines

2.2/5 (486 ratings)

About Aeroplan

Aeroplan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: May 10, 2021

Aeroplan had a good program until the recent change. They said it was new and improved with a better system and more choices. A one way flight example would be Toronto to Calgary was 15000 points. Now the same flight is 35000. Even the rep said he’s had nothing but complaints and the plan is far worse. I do not recommend this reward plan. It is not worth it.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A21 mobile but I received a open box mobile. I raised a complaint and following-up for more than a month but no resolution yet. Aeroplan eStore customer support team is not responsive and they simply said it is Vendor's mistake. I provided all the screenshots and proof for the open box mobile and I lost $300 in estore store. I won't suggest Aeroplan estore in future as I had very bad experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have redeemed my Aeroplan point on 4th Dec 2021, until now the item was not delivered (17th Feb 2021). I called Aeroplan customer care to follow up weekly since 14th Jan 2021 and submitted my case online 4 times. Every time I called the same answer they gave me: they are still investigating, the vendor did not provide me with the status of my order. They can not refund my AEROPLAN point and they can not re-send my gift card either. They suggest that I will wait indefinitely for the answers. Spoken to 2 supervisors and said the same things.

This is the most frustrating experience that I have dealt with, NO COMPANY had no responsibility for the good and services that they provided for. They even told me it is company policy not to provide any definite answer. I will never use or collect AEROPLAN point anymore and will not support this company as they have no sense of responsibility. The worse thing is they are blaming their vendor who is unable to provide them with the answer and status of my item ordered.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

The Aeroplan gift card redemption program is proving to be a failure. 2 of 4 cards redeemed over the last year were never delivered. The other two were delivered a couple of months after ordering. As to the lost cards you have to pester Aeroplan for the recovery of the redeemed points. This has required several follow ups. Is anyone actually running this program. I will not order any gift cards again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Just had a horrible experience with Air Canada/Aeroplan customer service. They were very rude and aggressive and kept repeating their rules about luggage charges. They Claim even that they are owned by Air Canada, they have nothing to do with charges. I called them to discuss and understand the charges and headaches experienced with their partner airlines but they don’t want to help or hear about it. Keep blaming other Airlines. Called the other airlines directly but they blamed on AirCanada because it is AirCanada ticket. They said if the ticket was purchased through them it would have included 2 pieces of luggage on international flights but since the ticket was through Air Canada, they can’t help.

I had to pay well over $1000 for luggage charged by different airlines for only 2 bags plus fees/taxes to Aeroplan, for a ticket I could have bought with cash that would have included bags on international flights. I think this is a horrible system and way of treating loyal customers. In these stressful times not too many people are traveling for fun, usually emergencies etc. The last thing you want to do is deal with rude staff at customer service and airline staff that are gouging you for money for your bags. I think Air Canada/Aeroplan should include luggage charges in the upfront charges at time of purchase and pay other partner airlines or follow the international airlines rules. Almost all economy tickets with international flights include luggage.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

First of all, the website is not reliable. I was trying to convert my Aeroplan points into e-Gift Cards in time for the post-Xmas sales. However, all day on December 22nd the e-Store website was down. Then, when I could finally get online December 23rd to make my transaction, I found on December 26th that Aeroplan had cancelled the e-Gift Cards on me, without immediately returning the points. Now, as of December 28th, it will be too late to purchase alternative e-Gift Cards (with the 24-72 hour lag) in time to take advantage of the sales, meaning the price on the items I had in mind will go up. What a waste on something that should be so simple. Plus, all the time and frustration involved!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I´ve been collecting miles through this horrible AEROPLAN, after many unlucky attempts of booking a flight I decided to claim my miles through a rewards card. I never received the card and after I call customer service they tell me the miles nor the card can be refunded, so pretty much I have lost all the miles collected over the past 5 years. I should've read the reviews before enrolling with this program. Hope others don't fall into the same mistake.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Annually Aeroplan runs this promo but this year's was a real scam that many at Aeroplan admitted they had many issues with. Buy points and get a 110/90/65% bonus of points. I made a purchase of points and received the bonus points expected. However I did not receive the tier level upgrade promised for the promotion because of some "fine print" that wasn't obvious to many! The promo list buy points and receive bonus points and get a "status level" upgrade. It goes on to say take the points bought plus the bonus and divide by 50% and for instance get a 25K status if that formula equals 25,000 points. It then goes on to say or buy 250,000 points and get a one level upgrade to a max level of 75K.

I bought the 250,000 points for $7500 +tax and my current status of 25K was never upgraded to the next level of 35K. I contacted the call center and many reps argued including supervisors argued whether I was entitled to the upgrade or not. In the end they told me that the 250,000 points I purchased plus the bonus I received (225,000) divided by 50% had to equal 250,000 even though the conditions imply that formula applies to all other purchases but if you bought the 250K then you automatically got the one level upgrade. It is also difficult to achieve their explanation given you can only purchase a max of 250K points in one transaction. It was just a scam all around.

I spent $7500 with Aeroplan for the purchase of 250K points and couldn't even get a bump from 25K to 35K status where as someone goes and purchases 60K worth of points for $1500 and with their bonus qualifies for the initial 25K status. There are many other flaws with this promo that were explained by the staff at Aeroplan as well and some others I found during the process but that's another day! AEROPLAN if you're going to run promotions I suggest you should put more effort into a program that leaves customers satisfied instead of pissing them off and becoming disgruntled customers who take their business other places.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

We had collected the points over years my husband and I and every time we called there was a excuse for a flight, finally with the covid we did not update the cards as shopping was not on our mind but in July this year was a year since the activity. No warning had been sent out that the points are about to expire. We went on lone to find out when it will to find out my husband's 40.000 points went to 0 and my almost 35.000 to zero. Save your self a hassle and get a card that gives back. There are many. Stay away from this one!!!

Original review: May 12, 2020

Did transfer all my points after got email. Say 65% more and after transfer find out it not the case, did call a day after and ask to reverse it and the manager just ignore and say it my fault. Be careful with any Email you get from them. Big disappointment. Will never do anything more with Aeroplan.

Aeroplan Company Information