Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Aeroplan Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Booked flights back in August of 2019. December brought many changes to our trip. Big mix up that first call to centre had few options. Called back next day and was grateful to find Sylvie who did above and beyond to make sure our trip was fully completed. She was amazing. Did not get off phone until every last detail was finalized. Thank you Sylvie. We have travelled many times with Aeroplan and will continue to do so. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

My dealings with Aeroplan in the past have been amazing. Since the change with AC system it’s been a nightmare. Hours on the phone. The cancel button does not work. I sent them a registered letter outlining my dilemma and within 4 days it was resolved. Try this. It works. All my points back. Taxes refunded and points restored. Their address can be found in website.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The wait time was 1 1/2 hours but Michel made it worth the wait! Excellent example of customer service. Good work Michel! Not only did he help me with what I wanted, he actually provided some very valuable advice! Thank you!

Original review: March 16, 2020

I have been building reward points for years now and looking forward to the day to cash them in. In trying to find out how many points I accumulated over many years I discovered that they expire every year. Then I remembered how I struggled years ago to see how your reward system worked but got frustrated by how difficult it was to find a simple answer. Your phones are always busy, I don't have a lot of time to phone back after waiting to speak to someone and then get told to phone back after the call getting disconnected. I wanted answers as to why I lost all my points in every year accept this current one. I never got a notification that I was going to lose all my points by a certain date, it's not what I signed up for?

I've wasted over an hour trying to plead my case unless someone from your loyalty department does the right thing. If I'm not treated right, I will be pushing the company I deal with and others to switch to Air miles or some system that gives you the prize you've earned over the years, a company that you can actually talk to someone in customer service about a grievance like mine, a company that actually is willing to take action and do the right thing, a company that is willing to look at their company policies and change them if they're wrong. I'm a reasonable person but I'm smart enough to know when I'm being given the run around, please prove me wrong, Sincerely Dave. I realize after reading this complaint over that you listen and fight on my behalf not Aeroplan customer service, please deal with them, I shouldn't have to be searching for some justice like this, no one should.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I have contacted customer service many times and confirmed with them about my flight getting canceled due to Covid-19. They approved canceling and said they will refund my points and air tax which was 205$. I also paid 85$ extra to cancel my flight but they refunded 89$. When I tried to call them back they are no longer serving on the phone. The expected refund: 205$+85$. The refund: 89$. They either don't know math or ripping customer intuitionally since they know people get busy or may forget to call back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: March 12, 2020

My bad experiences with Aeroplan and AirCanada predate the recent acquisition and are too numerous to enumerate, but missing credits are common, denial of credits as AC says it is Aeroplan's fault and vice versa, failure to respond to credit requests including 2 follow ups, and lack of product in spite of booking well in advance - often reasonable connecting flights are not available, period, are some of the problems. Current issues are missing credits - have tried on-line multiple times and have tried phone (priority number).

In some cases when I have gotten through I get ridiculous reasons for denial such as passenger name not found - when I have AC ticket and boarding pass to the contrary. I was wondering if anyone has considered a class action suit? I think I will go to the BBB. Any other suggestions?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I've been trying to book a trip with my points now for several days calling the 1-800 number and being on hold for hours with no response. There is nowhere to email them on their website and I am at odds on what to do or get some action?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Call Aeroplan’s 800 number for the last two weeks. On hold for over 1 hours each time. Phone goes dead. No was to cancel a ticket. Tried online, uploaded my reservation and clicked on “cancel”. Up pops “file not found“. No way to speak to anyone. No one will help. I will lose 75000 points and money. Starting to use our Avion cards today. Only hear good things about that company. Will never use Aeroplan again. I do not recommend them for anything. You will never be able to speak to an agent EVER!!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Recently traveled twice (Nov & then in Jan) on Air Canada and was only credited with Aeroplan points for 1 leg of each trip. I submitted my request online and received a reply that the type of ticket I booked for was not eligible. So my question is why was I credited for the departing leg only. I have been trying to call them several times. The wait is sooooo long, tried different time, got a recorded message (from their president) that the wait was long and to call back later. Then the system hangs up. This is very poor service. I do not mind writing them an email but there is no such option online. Really fed up with Aeroplan.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

The company does not have a good system to recover passwords. I am trying to do that for 3 weeks and it is completely impossible. The system does not work and the help center or customer service completely useless. I will lose my miles because I cannot access my account anymore.

Aeroplan Company Information

www4.aeroplan.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.