2.1/5 (499 ratings)

About Aeroplan

Aeroplan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I have attempted with two different cards, over three months, and with 2 different web browsers and e-mails, to sign up for their plan, and I continue to get error messages saying "Oops, something went wrong". In trying to contact them for this issue, it does not come up as a possible option during their many menu options to choose from. PLUS, the online chat help states up front that you don't get to chat with a live person!! So, is it really chat? NO! Seems I will try to never fly Air Canada again, as this is their main plan for flyer miles, and if I can't collect, why use them?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

The online system does not work thus you cannot redeem your points. They will not answer the phone. They ask for feedback but will never get back to you. I'm not kidding. Use another carrier and points card as these guys and gals just don't care.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Every time I call Aeroplan I’m on hold for well over an hour. They do not provide a callback option and they don’t give you a wait time estimate.

Original review: June 30, 2022

On May 8th, 2022...I purchased 4 cards worth 500.00 each to purchase a gazebo and make a great Father's Day. BUT, it was ruined because the cards were mailed in 4 separate envelopes and one was somebody else's card worth 50.00...meaning the other person got a great deal of 450.00 more to spend! I phoned Aeroplan and they said I had to send pictures to prove it, which I did.

An investigation was done, which I had already waited four weeks to get the card. They finally said okay and will send another...It is July and I still don't have it! I phoned several times and asked that since they screwed it up, it should be mailed overnight...but no. So, the store said they couldn't hold the gazebo anymore and now it is next to impossible to find the one we want and the size...and still waiting for the card, which another was sent and they said it was sent express, which is 2 days and that was over a week now. I am exhausted and very disappointed in the service.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I try to call Jun 16 th 2022 5pm Aeroplan call centre, it’s keep me 63 minutes hold still not answer. I think they closed. Is the worst call centre experience in my life. Any one want fun? Call them aeroplan call centre.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I had bought Air Canada Ticket Vancouver to Mumbai and return back to Vancouver for about $2200, unfortunately, I had to cancel those ones. For cancelation, there was a penalty and charges of about $300 so I was entitled to get $1,900 whereas they were offering 132,509 Aeroplan points, so I bought those points. I am looking at the offers and even Air Canada Tickets for the last 4 months and what I see is that those 132,509 points hardly fetch 60% of the worth of what I invested. It would have been a wise decision if I would have taken a cash refund from Air Canada after paying the penalty etc. then also I would have been in a profit. NOT RECOMMENDABLE AT ALL.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have been a member of Aeroplan for about 20 years but will definitely cease my relationship. Unable to change my return flight even if I bought my plane ticket with flexible date option. No one to answer the phone, the website direct you to Air Canada but Air Canada system are incompatible with Aeroplan's booking system.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I was a frequent flyer with Aeroplan before COVID. I used to encourage friends and family to use this product. With the changes to Aeroplan and now that COVID restrictions are easing, I am looking at international flights. I have flown locally and noticed the substantially higher points (about 300%) for booking and when I looked at international flights, using different destinations, it's a case where if I fly Business Class for 2 people, (YEG to Athens) for one of the destinations, it went up from 160,000 (sometimes less) points before to now over 500,000 points!! I have more than enough points accumulated but this is ridiculous/robbery!

I definitely will be looking at other rewards options to travel. South Pacific travel has gone up from 300,000 for 2 people for business class to over a million points needed... to give you a couple examples. Heart breaking, disappointing and ridiculous are the 3 words that I come up with after being a loyal customer for well over 20 years.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Over 100k points of mine expired because Aeroplan missed a transaction back in May 2020. I specifically purchased Banana Republic clothing to ensure my points did not expire and can prove that with invoices and bank statements yet Aeroplan says they refuse to look into it because it happened over a year ago. They forgot that it's been a pandemic the last year and people are not allowed to fly hence why I never checked my account, just assumed I received the points and had another 18 months buffer time. Wrong. The supervisor named Tara in MTL said it's likely an issue with Aeroplan's software but there's nothing that can be done now. After 20 years of being a loyal customer this is how they treat me. I'll be selling all my stock and won't give this company another $, I suggest everyone else does the same.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I have been collecting and redeeming points for many years and right now my balance is 523,000 pts. I thought we could use them for some great trips in retirement but now with Covid we are quite reluctant to hop on a plane and go traveling to foreign lands. So I thought maybe we could use some up redeeming for an Amazon e-gift card. Should be pretty simple right. Wrong!

The first time I tried, they said 24 to 72 hrs. to email the e-card. (Anybody else can do it almost instantly) so I waited for 4 days and nada. Sent in a complaint ticket and got a response in a day or two that they would investigate. Waited another day or two and emailed back again to find out where it was at. Was told that my account was flagged for suspicious fraudulent activity. They would expedite this investigation and get back to me shortly. I was also told I needed to update my password which I did. Two days later I followed up and was told the investigation normally takes 7 to 10 days. Finally after a couple of weeks I got the points back but no gift card. What's the point of a rewards card when your only reward is weeks of frustration and hassle!

Aeroplan Company Information