2.1/5 (494 ratings)

About Aeroplan

Aeroplan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: June 17, 2022

I try to call Jun 16 th 2022 5pm Aeroplan call centre, it’s keep me 63 minutes hold still not answer. I think they closed. Is the worst call centre experience in my life. Any one want fun? Call them aeroplan call centre.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I had bought Air Canada Ticket Vancouver to Mumbai and return back to Vancouver for about $2200, unfortunately, I had to cancel those ones. For cancelation, there was a penalty and charges of about $300 so I was entitled to get $1,900 whereas they were offering 132,509 Aeroplan points, so I bought those points. I am looking at the offers and even Air Canada Tickets for the last 4 months and what I see is that those 132,509 points hardly fetch 60% of the worth of what I invested. It would have been a wise decision if I would have taken a cash refund from Air Canada after paying the penalty etc. then also I would have been in a profit. NOT RECOMMENDABLE AT ALL.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have been a member of Aeroplan for about 20 years but will definitely cease my relationship. Unable to change my return flight even if I bought my plane ticket with flexible date option. No one to answer the phone, the website direct you to Air Canada but Air Canada system are incompatible with Aeroplan's booking system.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I was a frequent flyer with Aeroplan before COVID. I used to encourage friends and family to use this product. With the changes to Aeroplan and now that COVID restrictions are easing, I am looking at international flights. I have flown locally and noticed the substantially higher points (about 300%) for booking and when I looked at international flights, using different destinations, it's a case where if I fly Business Class for 2 people, (YEG to Athens) for one of the destinations, it went up from 160,000 (sometimes less) points before to now over 500,000 points!! I have more than enough points accumulated but this is ridiculous/robbery!

I definitely will be looking at other rewards options to travel. South Pacific travel has gone up from 300,000 for 2 people for business class to over a million points needed... to give you a couple examples. Heart breaking, disappointing and ridiculous are the 3 words that I come up with after being a loyal customer for well over 20 years.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Over 100k points of mine expired because Aeroplan missed a transaction back in May 2020. I specifically purchased Banana Republic clothing to ensure my points did not expire and can prove that with invoices and bank statements yet Aeroplan says they refuse to look into it because it happened over a year ago. They forgot that it's been a pandemic the last year and people are not allowed to fly hence why I never checked my account, just assumed I received the points and had another 18 months buffer time. Wrong. The supervisor named Tara in MTL said it's likely an issue with Aeroplan's software but there's nothing that can be done now. After 20 years of being a loyal customer this is how they treat me. I'll be selling all my stock and won't give this company another $, I suggest everyone else does the same.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I have been collecting and redeeming points for many years and right now my balance is 523,000 pts. I thought we could use them for some great trips in retirement but now with Covid we are quite reluctant to hop on a plane and go traveling to foreign lands. So I thought maybe we could use some up redeeming for an Amazon e-gift card. Should be pretty simple right. Wrong!

The first time I tried, they said 24 to 72 hrs. to email the e-card. (Anybody else can do it almost instantly) so I waited for 4 days and nada. Sent in a complaint ticket and got a response in a day or two that they would investigate. Waited another day or two and emailed back again to find out where it was at. Was told that my account was flagged for suspicious fraudulent activity. They would expedite this investigation and get back to me shortly. I was also told I needed to update my password which I did. Two days later I followed up and was told the investigation normally takes 7 to 10 days. Finally after a couple of weeks I got the points back but no gift card. What's the point of a rewards card when your only reward is weeks of frustration and hassle!

Original review: May 10, 2021

Aeroplan had a good program until the recent change. They said it was new and improved with a better system and more choices. A one way flight example would be Toronto to Calgary was 15000 points. Now the same flight is 35000. Even the rep said he’s had nothing but complaints and the plan is far worse. I do not recommend this reward plan. It is not worth it.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A21 mobile but I received a open box mobile. I raised a complaint and following-up for more than a month but no resolution yet. Aeroplan eStore customer support team is not responsive and they simply said it is Vendor's mistake. I provided all the screenshots and proof for the open box mobile and I lost $300 in estore store. I won't suggest Aeroplan estore in future as I had very bad experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have redeemed my Aeroplan point on 4th Dec 2021, until now the item was not delivered (17th Feb 2021). I called Aeroplan customer care to follow up weekly since 14th Jan 2021 and submitted my case online 4 times. Every time I called the same answer they gave me: they are still investigating, the vendor did not provide me with the status of my order. They can not refund my AEROPLAN point and they can not re-send my gift card either. They suggest that I will wait indefinitely for the answers. Spoken to 2 supervisors and said the same things.

This is the most frustrating experience that I have dealt with, NO COMPANY had no responsibility for the good and services that they provided for. They even told me it is company policy not to provide any definite answer. I will never use or collect AEROPLAN point anymore and will not support this company as they have no sense of responsibility. The worse thing is they are blaming their vendor who is unable to provide them with the answer and status of my item ordered.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

The Aeroplan gift card redemption program is proving to be a failure. 2 of 4 cards redeemed over the last year were never delivered. The other two were delivered a couple of months after ordering. As to the lost cards you have to pester Aeroplan for the recovery of the redeemed points. This has required several follow ups. Is anyone actually running this program. I will not order any gift cards again.

Aeroplan Company Information