2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Aeroplan Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I wanted to redeem points for travel and it is impossible to get through. I will throw my Aeroplan card away. Very classless company. When I try to log on to my account it won't work. Calling them is useless as you are placed on hold until your phone battery dies. Today, I have been on hold for 1.5 hours and still waiting. I would not recommend Aeroplan to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

On Jan. 13, 2020 my husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer and on Jan. 14, 2020 his cancer oncologists advised that due to chemo and radiation treatments that were to begin before our trip was to begin it should be cancelled. Since the change with AC system it’s been a nightmare. Hours on the phone. The cancel button does not work. We have called more that 50 times at all times of the day. This stress is not helping what we are now going through.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I don't need to repeat what all the other 1 star reviewers said. The international 800 number does not work at all, the Montreal number is useless - gave up after 60 minutes wait. The website is broken: same request for current booking returned my 2 bookings but no details available. The second time I logged in it showed NO bookings, freaking me out. I will forego the 48,000 points I still have with them, cancel my CIBC and TD credit cards and switch to another system.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I have recently used my hard earned miles on Aeroplan flying on Air Canada to book a trip from Toronto to Hong Kong. Because of a family emergency while in Hong Kong, I had to postpone my return trip to Toronto. I found out that I could not change my itinerary online or call the local Air Canada office but had to call long distance to the Aeroplan number between 0700 to 1159 hours. I have been calling for the last three days for at least 8 times. Each time I was put on hold for an unbearable length of time listening to repetitive horrible music with no one picking up the phone or a recorded message told me because of the high volume of calls, they could even allow me to go on hold and I had to call back.

The last time I waited was two hours ten minutes and my line was simply cut off in the end. I now have no alternative but to miss my scheduled flight today and book a separate trip home. In my experience with airlines and their associated travel partners, I have never encountered a company or organization that runs a customer service so unfriendly and unhelpful. Aeroplan hardly deserves one star in this area. I would caution other users to be aware of the terrible situation as mine that they may get themselves into.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

My dealings with Aeroplan in the past have been amazing. Since the change with AC system it’s been a nightmare. Hours on the phone. The cancel button does not work. I sent them a registered letter outlining my dilemma and within 4 days it was resolved. Try this. It works. All my points back. Taxes refunded and points restored. Their address can be found in website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

They never pick up the phone. Waiting hours and hours and listen to the same music for hours and they never pick up the phone. The worse company ever. Feel I just want to use any point I have and get rid of this company. Their system has problem, they don't add miles, the website doesn't work well even when it says your miles have been added. They are not there. Really pissed off!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Jan 17th, 2020, I called Aeroplan twice this week, I waited 2 hours the first time and the 2 hours 15 the second time. The first time the phone hang up by itself (I thought it was a phone connection failure) but I confirmed the second time that AEROPLAN system and customer service is a total failure. We can even get to speak with them. (Unbelievable!) I give up and I will cancel my Aeroplan card for sure.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I had Aeroplan before and every time I went to book I had to double my miles to get anywhere, even though I tried to book months in advance. I switched to td travel rewards and was able to get any flight I wanted at any time. Aeroplan is probably the best card to get to accumulate miles but you have to use double the miles to get anywhere. When you compare to other companies where there are no blackouts, they are the better choice. I just recently got Aeroplan again because they had a promo and prior to getting it I noticed that the flights were not that difficult but they are back at making it impossible to get a fixed flight at 15,000 miles so you have to bump up to using 40,000 miles to get anywhere in Canada. I will be dropping them once again!!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I wanted to redeem points for travel and it took 3 days so far and we are still on hold. I will throw my Aeroplan card away. Very classless company. When I try to log on to my account it won't work. It seems they are avoiding me at all costs. I would not recommend Aeroplan to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Have now been on hold since 4 P.M. Jan 8/20 - 2 hours and am giving up! And this is supposed to be their priority line. Why don't they have enough staff to answer calls?? What a joke and what a waste of my time that I will never get back!!!!

Not sure about Aeroplan?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Aeroplan Company Information