2.2/5 (491 ratings)

About Aeroplan

Aeroplan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have been a member of Aeroplan for about 20 years but will definitely cease my relationship. Unable to change my return flight even if I bought my plane ticket with flexible date option. No one to answer the phone, the website direct you to Air Canada but Air Canada system are incompatible with Aeroplan's booking system.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I was a frequent flyer with Aeroplan before COVID. I used to encourage friends and family to use this product. With the changes to Aeroplan and now that COVID restrictions are easing, I am looking at international flights. I have flown locally and noticed the substantially higher points (about 300%) for booking and when I looked at international flights, using different destinations, it's a case where if I fly Business Class for 2 people, (YEG to Athens) for one of the destinations, it went up from 160,000 (sometimes less) points before to now over 500,000 points!! I have more than enough points accumulated but this is ridiculous/robbery!

I definitely will be looking at other rewards options to travel. South Pacific travel has gone up from 300,000 for 2 people for business class to over a million points needed... to give you a couple examples. Heart breaking, disappointing and ridiculous are the 3 words that I come up with after being a loyal customer for well over 20 years.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Over 100k points of mine expired because Aeroplan missed a transaction back in May 2020. I specifically purchased Banana Republic clothing to ensure my points did not expire and can prove that with invoices and bank statements yet Aeroplan says they refuse to look into it because it happened over a year ago. They forgot that it's been a pandemic the last year and people are not allowed to fly hence why I never checked my account, just assumed I received the points and had another 18 months buffer time. Wrong. The supervisor named Tara in MTL said it's likely an issue with Aeroplan's software but there's nothing that can be done now. After 20 years of being a loyal customer this is how they treat me. I'll be selling all my stock and won't give this company another $, I suggest everyone else does the same.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I have been collecting and redeeming points for many years and right now my balance is 523,000 pts. I thought we could use them for some great trips in retirement but now with Covid we are quite reluctant to hop on a plane and go traveling to foreign lands. So I thought maybe we could use some up redeeming for an Amazon e-gift card. Should be pretty simple right. Wrong!

The first time I tried, they said 24 to 72 hrs. to email the e-card. (Anybody else can do it almost instantly) so I waited for 4 days and nada. Sent in a complaint ticket and got a response in a day or two that they would investigate. Waited another day or two and emailed back again to find out where it was at. Was told that my account was flagged for suspicious fraudulent activity. They would expedite this investigation and get back to me shortly. I was also told I needed to update my password which I did. Two days later I followed up and was told the investigation normally takes 7 to 10 days. Finally after a couple of weeks I got the points back but no gift card. What's the point of a rewards card when your only reward is weeks of frustration and hassle!

Original review: May 10, 2021

Aeroplan had a good program until the recent change. They said it was new and improved with a better system and more choices. A one way flight example would be Toronto to Calgary was 15000 points. Now the same flight is 35000. Even the rep said he’s had nothing but complaints and the plan is far worse. I do not recommend this reward plan. It is not worth it.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A21 mobile but I received a open box mobile. I raised a complaint and following-up for more than a month but no resolution yet. Aeroplan eStore customer support team is not responsive and they simply said it is Vendor's mistake. I provided all the screenshots and proof for the open box mobile and I lost $300 in estore store. I won't suggest Aeroplan estore in future as I had very bad experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have redeemed my Aeroplan point on 4th Dec 2021, until now the item was not delivered (17th Feb 2021). I called Aeroplan customer care to follow up weekly since 14th Jan 2021 and submitted my case online 4 times. Every time I called the same answer they gave me: they are still investigating, the vendor did not provide me with the status of my order. They can not refund my AEROPLAN point and they can not re-send my gift card either. They suggest that I will wait indefinitely for the answers. Spoken to 2 supervisors and said the same things.

This is the most frustrating experience that I have dealt with, NO COMPANY had no responsibility for the good and services that they provided for. They even told me it is company policy not to provide any definite answer. I will never use or collect AEROPLAN point anymore and will not support this company as they have no sense of responsibility. The worse thing is they are blaming their vendor who is unable to provide them with the answer and status of my item ordered.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

The Aeroplan gift card redemption program is proving to be a failure. 2 of 4 cards redeemed over the last year were never delivered. The other two were delivered a couple of months after ordering. As to the lost cards you have to pester Aeroplan for the recovery of the redeemed points. This has required several follow ups. Is anyone actually running this program. I will not order any gift cards again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Just had a horrible experience with Air Canada/Aeroplan customer service. They were very rude and aggressive and kept repeating their rules about luggage charges. They Claim even that they are owned by Air Canada, they have nothing to do with charges. I called them to discuss and understand the charges and headaches experienced with their partner airlines but they don’t want to help or hear about it. Keep blaming other Airlines. Called the other airlines directly but they blamed on AirCanada because it is AirCanada ticket. They said if the ticket was purchased through them it would have included 2 pieces of luggage on international flights but since the ticket was through Air Canada, they can’t help.

I had to pay well over $1000 for luggage charged by different airlines for only 2 bags plus fees/taxes to Aeroplan, for a ticket I could have bought with cash that would have included bags on international flights. I think this is a horrible system and way of treating loyal customers. In these stressful times not too many people are traveling for fun, usually emergencies etc. The last thing you want to do is deal with rude staff at customer service and airline staff that are gouging you for money for your bags. I think Air Canada/Aeroplan should include luggage charges in the upfront charges at time of purchase and pay other partner airlines or follow the international airlines rules. Almost all economy tickets with international flights include luggage.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

First of all, the website is not reliable. I was trying to convert my Aeroplan points into e-Gift Cards in time for the post-Xmas sales. However, all day on December 22nd the e-Store website was down. Then, when I could finally get online December 23rd to make my transaction, I found on December 26th that Aeroplan had cancelled the e-Gift Cards on me, without immediately returning the points. Now, as of December 28th, it will be too late to purchase alternative e-Gift Cards (with the 24-72 hour lag) in time to take advantage of the sales, meaning the price on the items I had in mind will go up. What a waste on something that should be so simple. Plus, all the time and frustration involved!!!

Aeroplan Company Information