3.39/5

Looking for a travel site?

Aeroplan

Looking for a travel site?

Aeroplan Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

For over 2 months we try to get in touch with Aeroplan to exchange our points for merchandise but we can't connect with them and we try calling. Impossible to reach them and we can't connect with their website. Try to call credit TD to complain. No one are available to help us, try with Air Canada the same thing. Aeroplan are stealing our money. THIS IS A SCAM - They don't deserve even a star.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Received email from Aeroplan to change my password. When I tried to log in, it wouldn't accept my credentials "unable to match Aeroplan # to last name provided". Phoned call centre and was told there was a 60 minute delay. Finally spoke to a live agent after more than an hour delay. Then spent over a half hour speaking to an agent, who tried all sorts of changes to enable access. She managed to fix the problem on my wife's account, but not mine. She said that she would pass the file on to someone else, and that I should try to log in after a couple of days. It's now one week later and I still can't log in. I tried calling the call centre, but due to the high call volume, I couldn't even be place in a queue, but was abruptly cut off. I feel totally helpless. I may want to book a flight in the next few days, but am unable to access my miles. This is unbelievably bad service.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I booked a return ticket using my Aeroplan travel miles. I called the number to change my reservations because you can not use the online services to change - it states that you have to call to change. For the last 3 days I have been calling and I get a recorded message saying that due to high demand they can't take my call and the line goes dead. This is a failure to meet the service contract. This is illegal.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Since there are few opportunities to collect Aeroplan miles unless you are a frequent traveller, my 15,000+ points expired (I missed the single email they sent ~50 days before the expiry). Called their customer service less than 12 hours after expiry, and was told there was nothing that could be done, called again and told once again nothing could be done. One email (which may or may not go to the spam folder) is insufficient if Aeroplan in fact does want you to use your miles.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been collecting Aeroplan milesfor 30 years and have been able to enjoy lots of vacations including 10 trips to Indonesia for diving. I had 3 around the world busines calss trips which were great. But since Air Canada, CIBC and TD bought the program it has become the worst managed site I have ever seen. They have made it much more difficult to log in and have reduced their rewards. I can no longer go diving with a stop in Europe on the way home. Between my wife and I we have almost 1,000,000 miles and with the difficulty I am having it is no longer worth collecting. Absolutely incompetent software management.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Been saving my points for over 10 years and when I stopped using my aeroplanes Visa for 1 year I lost all the points that I accumulated. Thieves. Contacted them asking for my points and since I cancelled my cibc Aeroplan card and have not used it. All the accumulated points are gone.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

WELL I AM BACK. I WROTE ABOUT MY AEROPLAN MILES NOT BEING RETURNED TO ME SINCE APRIL 2019. I sent them the info they required, OH NO I had to change my password so following their instructions password was changed. OH NO I didn't verify their email. So went back to all my emails, guess what? Didnt receive. Surprise surprise. So I decied to call them. Was left on hold for over 45 minutes till I gave up. Thus I called a friend over and got her to call the same number and go to request missing miles. She waited 10 minutes. The minute I put in my Aeroplan numbers as she did I was left on hold again until I gave up. Thinking my friend just got lucky I had her call in again and lo and behold she waited less than 10 minutes this time, thus I tried again and guess what? 45 minutes again. We tried this several times and the result was the same. I have not used my card because I dont know what their game is.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I redeemed flight rewards for me and my family online and later had to call to add my baby girl. I realized the next day they had added over 60K miles to my account by mistake. Being honest, I called back to tell them about the error. They were quick to correct it and offered no token of appreciation for my taking the trouble to do so (calling back and being put on hold for a long while only to have them deduct points from my account).

A little later I realized they had taken off too many points from my account! This time when I called again I was very unhappy. After finally getting it resolved they offered me 2K points for "any inconvenience caused". By the way, the website is horrible to use for booking redemptions. Very user unfriendly and constantly logging you off for no apparent reason. The Aeroplan program is very poorly run. The customer service staff don't have a clue what it means to provide good service and each one of the staff I dealt with (including a supervisor) made mistakes when dealing with me. Once I use up my points, I will be switching to another better run program and they will be losing a long-time customer.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Desperate to secure a Business-Class YYZ-FLL flight, several months we booked 2 late-day, 1-way tickets, on the only available non-stop flight. The "fees/taxes" totalled $250. Today, I discovered that Aeroplan offers a Market Fare (Black) for the alternate flight we originally wanted for an additional points, and ONLY $62 per person for "taxes/fees". Why the difference? Hopefully once the Air Canada buyout is completed this price-gouging will end!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This so-called "loyalty" program is a farce! I have been a member of Aeroplan since the '80s and have always chosen Air Canada whenever possible. Last year I went to Italy for a family vacation that I had been saving my points for. I had enough points for a "free" flight and I purchased tickets for the other 3 members of my family. My "free" flight cost me $578 for taxes, fees, etc. The taxes, fees, etc. for the 3 other tickets were approximately $250. Keep in mind that the flights for 3 paid tickets plus 1 Aeroplan points ticket were exactly the same aircraft, time, etc. When I asked the Aeroplan representative why such a variance existed in fees for the exact same flight, I was told that is just the way Air Canada does it and it has nothing to do with Aeroplan. Good way to pass the buck.

Fast forward to present time. I had nearly 29,000 points after my trip to Italy, which Aeroplan just stole because I had no activity on my account for 12 months. Apparently, I received an e-mail - one e-mail is all they send. No other warnings. The Consumer Protection Act bans most retail business gift cards from having an expiry date for most provinces in Canada. Why not the same for Aeroplan points? I, like other reviewers that lost their points, earned points by choosing what airline to use. Air Canada should find another provider for their loyalty program if they want loyalty from the consumer. There are many other choices and the list is growing. I am cutting up my Aeroplan card and will look to other providers for future flights.

Aeroplan Company Information