2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Aeroplan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroplan?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Call Aeroplan’s 800 number for the last two weeks. On hold for over 1 hours each time. Phone goes dead. No was to cancel a ticket. Tried online, uploaded my reservation and clicked on “cancel”. Up pops “file not found“. No way to speak to anyone. No one will help. I will lose 75000 points and money. Starting to use our Avion cards today. Only hear good things about that company. Will never use Aeroplan again. I do not recommend them for anything. You will never be able to speak to an agent EVER!!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Recently traveled twice (Nov & then in Jan) on Air Canada and was only credited with Aeroplan points for 1 leg of each trip. I submitted my request online and received a reply that the type of ticket I booked for was not eligible. So my question is why was I credited for the departing leg only. I have been trying to call them several times. The wait is sooooo long, tried different time, got a recorded message (from their president) that the wait was long and to call back later. Then the system hangs up. This is very poor service. I do not mind writing them an email but there is no such option online. Really fed up with Aeroplan.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

The company does not have a good system to recover passwords. I am trying to do that for 3 weeks and it is completely impossible. The system does not work and the help center or customer service completely useless. I will lose my miles because I cannot access my account anymore.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

What a rip off! In December I had over 100000 miles in my account and now I have 0. This is not fair. Nobody answers phones or emails. On hold for hours at a time. Is anyone aware of a class action lawsuit?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Well, there is nothing good to say about the purchase of Aeroplan by Air Canada to say the least. I have also experienced incompetent service from the "new" Aeroplan staff. I have been a member for over 30 years, I transfer about a million points a year and I can say that I am also cancelling my credit cards that are based on Aeroplan. Their technology is a disaster now, which worked very well for years and years in general for a reward system. I generally fly a few times a month on points and in 10 years never had these types of issues. I'm also a Diamond member which usually has one to a representative in less than 3 minutes with a generally good attitude, yesterday I waited 3 hours, 5 minutes 42 seconds before I was bored of watching the tv and paint dry.

Also, note they have blocked all their star alliance member flights for departure out of Canada, especially the big ones like United, Luf, etc. Not that I am super fond of some of these airlines, but Air Canada has also passed some very outrageous baggage rules recently. As an example, no one can fly with 2 litres of liquids (check what constitutes liquid) in your CHECKED baggage. This means you pretty much cannot fly with a lot of things. So flying Air Canada, forget points redemption is pretty much a waste of time if you like shaving cream, deodorant, perfume and/or shampoo when you travel. Yes I had some of these pulled off a flight recently because i was over 2 litres in their minds. It's absolutely crazy. Expect it to get worse not better.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

This week's issues are they won't take my credit card details online so I must phone their non existent customer service agents. Coronavirus is the latest reason why they won't pick up the phone - so instead of 1-2 hour on hold wait it is now "never". I don't want a refund of points, I just want my points converted to something useful - cash or flybys. I never wish to use this company again. I have never been able to complete a booking without error, its been 3 years of trying. My absolute gripe is having no idea where I am in the queue whilst on hold and the fact they won't run customer service 24 /7 when they know there are 2-3 hour queues for customer assistance. A continuing embarrassment to Air Canada.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I somehow found out from my online login that my miles have expired since unfortunately I couldn't use Aeroplan for 12 months. I contacted customer care that I didn't receive any notification email/text before expiring my 90k+ miles. The customer care didn't cooperate at all to inquire with his lead/supervisor if an exception can be done to reinstate the miles. Really disappointed with service and lack of understanding and cooperation to a customer since 14 years.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I have been trying to reach someone at Aeroplan daily since early January as I need to make a change to one leg of my travel. The site doesn't work, it is consistently down for maintenance; No one will answer the phone, I'm either cut off or can't get through due to volume or the message says they are experiencing technical difficulties and to call back later. Today I got fed up and called Air Canada directly to cancel the one flight and I booked through another airline. I encourage everyone experiencing the same problems to call Air Canada to complain and then send Aeroplan a registered letter requesting a mileage refund. I don't know how a company like this can exist. They are owned by Air Canada which claims to be the rated the #1 airline in the world. What a joke. You would think Federal Aviation would look into this disastrous joke of a company. If they can't maintain a loyalty program one wonders about the maintenance on their aircraft.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Following Aeroplan and Air Canada's "upgrade" to a new reservation system, wait times have been impossibly long (sometimes over two hours - once for four hours) - and then sometimes you get a message saying sorry, but they can't put us through to an agent at all, that we have to call back. It has been going on for months. They have not issued any apology or explanation. Their Facebook page continues to post photos and offers and holiday destinations and displays denial of the basic frustration the very people who want to take them up on their offers. On top of all of these delays or failures to provide human support to customers, the aeroplan system itself has been offline for hours so far today - and not even the agents are able to make changes, give refunds. No apology, no explanation. Terrible service. Used to love them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I am currently in Perth, Australia and I have three sets of flight reward tickets and need to make changes to all three. These changes are not possible on the Aeroplan website. Since Jan 30th I have been calling the Aeroplan Customer Service Centre but with no luck. To date I have spent a total of 310 minutes on hold plus I've had 8 calls where the recording says they can't even put me on hold. On Feb 2nd I wrote an email to the customer service address but have had no reply. What advice do you have as to how to break through the barriers and get to a human being?

Aeroplan Company Information