Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Yokohama Reviews

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

While driving on the highway, the tires sidewall entirely exploded. The tread was still in good condition. Road conditions were fine and the temperature was not an issue. I rotated the tire every 10,000 miles, as suggested by the manufacture. The tire was completely defective! I would never buy these tires again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I bought a Mazda CX5 in August 2019, currently it has less 1,550 miles and one of the tires got damaged. I called to claim the guarantee and was redirected to Yokohama Tire Corporation representative, name is Edgar **. So far, horrible customer service; he does not respond to my calls or e-mails and when he does he does not provide definite answers. I have been dealing with him since October 2, 2019, today is 11/01/19 and still no resolution. I just called again and a female representative (name Perla) stated that since Mr. Edgar ** is not in the office, she could not provide answers. I requested to speak with a supervisor, but according to Miss Perla, supervisor was unavailable. Still waiting for him to call me back. Horrible, horrible customer service from Mr. Edgar **. Hope they call me back to solve situation.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I was denied the two years warranty, which comes by default along with the purchase of the tyre. This was because, I was given the stock of 2017 by the dealer in Pune and my purchase was of Oct 2018. The car was running within the city limits, and hardly the running was about 4000 kms from the date of purchase, when one of the tyre had a budge (sort of swelling). In my last 25 years of driving, I am facing such experience first time, and the response from the dealer and the Yokohama engineer of Pune was horrible. Will never recommend this tyre again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

This is the second time I bought a new car which came with Yokohama tires. Both vehicles provided a 'hard' ride and very poor traction in the rain and in the snow. The first set I rode through one winter and got rid of them. The second vehicle I got rid of the Yokohama tires after only 3000 miles. I do believe that any tire other than Yokohama will provide better traction under all conditions. I would advise anyone who is considering the purchase of Yokohama tires to think twice about it. I'm sure you will have regrets after the fact.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I had purchased four Yokohama car tyres in November 2016 and within 25000 km one of the tyres developed a bulge which is clearly a manufacturing defect. But Yokohama tyre company outlet rejected the warranty replacement claim stating that the bulge is due to a very superficial cut inside the tyre. This is unpalatable. I have a bad experience and would recommend nobody to buy these tyres ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yokohama?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Tomorrow I replace the Yokohama YK740 GTX tires on my 2011 Camry SE. I bought them 8 months ago. They had really good traction at the beginning and even now they don’t slip too much, but the noise these tires make... They are relatively quiet from 0-40 and then they start to roar and get louder leading up to highway speeds. Driving around a traffic circle or curved exit ramp, they really get loud and make a helicopter “whomping” sound with each tire revolution. Some people have made comments about how loud they are, including a friend who owned a Goodyear store for many years. I’m disappointed to take them off so soon, but the noise is annoying that I will do it and spend the money on another brand.

My tire history: Car came with Toyo tires, they were okay. I got Pirelli Cinturato P7s which were awesome for their short life. Then Michelin Primacy, best (most expensive) tires I’ve ever had. Goodyear Assurance, soft and quiet but poor wet and dry traction. Then the Yokohama, with full range of sound effects. So I’ve had a lot of brand name tires and none of them have had this noise issue.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Yokohama touring tires 2 years ago, presently have 25,000 miles on them and they flunked inspection due to thin cracking in between the treads on all 4 tires. Went back to place of purchase and was told I could get a discount on a new set. Called Yokohama and they refused to deal with me and had me call the seller again. They suggested I try getting it inspected at another facility. I will NEVER do business with either company again! They don't stand behind their products.

Original review: May 25, 2019

These tires are not safe. At over 55 mph my van began a little shake. "Ok maybe I need an alignment." 2 mile down the road my tire exploded. The tread actually came off the tire. I used to work at a "big name" tire place replacing tires and I have never seen anything like this. Tomorrow I will be replacing not only the exploded tire but the other 3 as well. I have no faith that these tires can get my family home safe.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Tires worn out after only half the tread life warranty. Company will not pro rate tires so I can purchase new ones. Company rep making things extremely hard to get them replaced. I have had 3 tire stores tell me to contact them because of the tire wear issue.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I bought my new 2019 Mazda CX-5 two months ago. Yokohama tires came with the car. Now the car has only 1460 miles. I got my first nail in the Yokohama tire a month ago. It was a very small and tiny nail. At that moment, I realized these tires are bad. Today, one tire just decided to go flat in front of my house. It was parked then. Then I called roadside service guy to put the spare on it. We together examined the tire thoroughly. NO NAILS. NO CRACKS. Then I went to drive the car to metro station with my family for DC Cherry Blossom festival. After we came back to the metro station parking lot, another Yokohama tire went flat for no reasons. Now I dont have spare tires. I called the towing company. And the guy told me, "Yokohama tires are ** and your new tires look like 7-8 years old." Do not buy these tires. They are devils.

Yokohama Company Information