Yokohama

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have High Performance Summer tires and they are good tire for the price. The only drawback is that they are great on dry surfaces but in wet conditions they don't have good traction and braking is poor.

I have a 2009 Toyota Camry that I purchased used just over a year ago. The tires on it were Goodyear. The tread was less than half gone. The problem was terrible road noise but I have to admit I am very sensitive to noise. The Yokohama Ascend that I put on did the trick. The car is very quiet now. The ride was also improved. There is less vibration coming through the steering. These tires were advertised as low noise and good tread wear. Price was good, attractive tread pattern, great ride, low noise. Much quieter than the Goodyears on it previously. They are very smooth on the road.

Yokohama is better than Michelin. It actually handles the job! It has Value, good construction and is sturdy and durable.I've used it for 15000+ miles. Yokohama tires are the best, by far, for SUV use. They are long-lasting and worry-free.

Came with the van and had 30,000 miles, then matched them when I bought two. Good grip in the rain. One was losing air at 24,00 miles so I replaced two and it was easy to replace at my regular Chrysler dealer.

Yokohama has a great reputation for Quality. YK580 has very nice appearance. Tread Wear has been great. Quiet, smooth ride, cornering great, and wet traction well above average. I had Goodyear OE tires on a truck and they didn't even last 20,000 miles. I replaced them with Yokohama HT-S and the ride was much better and the treadwear was 3X better. These tires lasted for over 50,000 miles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yokohama?

I have a set of Geolandar AT G015's. I purchased these tires because of the Quality and Reputation of Yokohama. I wanted a High Quality tire with an excellent look... And this is what I got. The tread design and sidewall design are amazing. The performance of these tires is unexplainable. They grip, ride smooth, ride silent and steer very very well. If you have never owned a set of Yokohama Tires or you think that all tires are equal, I challenge you to purchase a set of Yokohama Tires. You will literally feel your car wake up...

I have P235 75 15 tires with 5000 mileage for my classic car. Started smooth then became bumpy. Blowout. Ripped my car's skirt and the entire tread came off the rest of tires. I am now replacing all 5.

Wears great and even - seems to last longer than originally told. Match for match of original tires on vehicle bought when new. Runs true - no probs. Once only - ran over an exploded radial tire piece in the dark - Discount Tire replaced it at no charge.

A friend ordered my Yokohama Tires. I thought they knew what they were getting me although I paid for them myself. However, I don't care for them in the winter. The traction sucks and they were brand new. They suck period for long traveling. I don't think they are as good as Blizzaks. They don't grip the road as good as you get stuck some in the winter while waiting on hill too easy. I would never have that problem with Blizzaks...

Only recently started using Yokohama last winter. I found their tires to be exceptional in snow and "Quiet" which really impressed me. Usually winter tires tend to be very noisy on the highway. My new Summer Yokos are quiet as well and do not seem to "squeal" as much under hard cornering. Great Price. Good Tire. Good Handling. I think I have already answered this above. Tires are long, wearing and easy on the ears and pocket book.

They have great tread. Bought my car brand new 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander in April and they don't even look like the tread has gone down and we hit bumps they don't feel like they are going to explode. You don't feel the bumps like some other tires and the tread is awesome. Love them better than my brand new tires on my Honda Accord.

Bought 4 brand new Yokohama tires. I got 14 miles from the dealership and the right rear tire sidewall blew out leaving a 15 to 20 inch split. Terrifying. Had to have the car towed back to dealership. Now they are saying since tires are now used, they can only issue a used tire credit to take them all off and put on 4 new Michelin tires. SO, I pay 700 for Yokohamas, and won't get the 700 back after only 14 miles on the tires before the blowout. I notified the Better Business Bureau in Des Moines Iowa and they advised I file a complaint against Clemons in Ottumwa, IA where I bought the tires. I am furious.

G056 LTR - Smooth, Comfortable, Quiet Ride with good Rolling Resistance. Better Gas Mileage versus previous set of tires. Like the Sidewall Appearance and the Tread Pattern Design. Wet traction is also good. Tires are mounted both my 2003 Toyota Tundra and my 2012 Toyota 4-Runner. Both vehicles are riding more comfortable than ever before.

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S - Long-lasting, good looks. Work well off-road and in snow. Quite smooth ride on a A/T (aggressive) tread. I drive a Ford F-150 and even after 50,000 miles I still had plenty of tread left. You can't even get that type of mileage out of most small low weight vehicles!

About two months ago (Sept 2016), I fitted 4 brand new Yokohama Geolanders All Terrain tyres to my Land Cruiser. A few weeks later got a puncture in the sidewall in a dry river bed... By a twig!!! Yes a twig, tried a trail repair but the sidewall was so soft it did not hold the insert. There were others with me, none on Yokohama, but a variety of other brands, they covered the same ground and had no problems.

I contacted Yokohama, and was first told it was 'bad luck'. WTF??? I told the rep I was not happy about that comment and it should not happen to an A/T listed tyre. I eventually got the tyre repaired by a local tyre shop and am using it on road. So he was going to call me back to arrange a tyre shop to take the tyre off and check it out... Never heard any more!:x He has my mobile number and my email address. No excuses! So, I have a serious reservations about a tyre being called ALL TERRAIN. It should say SOME TERRAIN AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO TWIGS! And any company whether tyre related or not who does not respond to a customer complaint is not worth a light IMO!

Our daughter totaled her Chevy Impala (recommend this car for protection in an accident) 7 months ago, but thanks to God she wasn't scratched in the accident. We needed to purchase another late model Chevy Impala soon as her dad was going to need his truck for work and she would need her own car. Went to Rick Henrick Chevrolet in Duluth, Ga. Sales were nice and love the car, but they put a new set of tires on the Impala I've never heard of - Yokohama. It came time to rotate and change the oil in her car, and the dealer (I will not name) said the inner part of the tires were wearing very quickly and needed to replace very soon (actually showed me where the tires were wearing). Needless to say, very disappointed in the tires (I wished now I had asked them to put Goodyear tires on her car). I definitely would not recommend these tires (dangerous for high school or college students driving more than 15 miles to school).

Tire disintegrated on highway at 8K. No alert from Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Toyota forwarded me to Yokohama. Yokohama said take the tire to authorized dealer for inspection, and dealer will warranty if defective. Authorized dealer said tire is defective, but not available. (It is available for special order at high price.) Yokohama then changed the story... They acknowledge their dealer determined the tire is defective, but I have to buy a new tire, and they (Yokohama) will inspect the tire and may refund something. Maybe. Eventually. Unless the story changes again... Which I expect it will. SUMMARY: WARRANTY IS USELESS - If I have to buy a new tire, it won't be the OEM tire that exploded.

I recently bought 2016 Subaru Impreza sport and when I drove on the roads where I could go 30 miles a hour or more the tire noise became so loud that even the radio would not muffle the sound. I brought the car back to the dealer twice and contacted the official site of Subaru of America and nothing can be done. I wanted them to change out the tires but they won't do anything. I only have 463 miles on this car and I am very disappointed in how this is being addressed. I want something to be done. Can you help direct me to the best way to handle this.

Sent in on-line version of rebate including JPEG download of receipt. Received email kickback of submittal 10 days later. Called their center and Lindsey ** said she could not read the details of receipt. I needed to send in a clearer copy. I looked the version of the receipt on my computer and although difficult to read, when enlarged you could read "Yokohama" and the Serial # of the tires. This is an attempt to delay or avoid paying my $60 rebate. I now have to mail in a copy of my receipt so they can further delay my payment. It is not my job to read their documents. They can also request a copy from the reseller if they actually need to verify. The consumer is always the bearer of any excuses these companies throw at you to prevent from paying you.

Yokohama Parada Tires frequently lose air. I have TPMS that constantly state to check tire pressure. The tires are low every month in at least 2 tires... Front two tires wore out within 25,000 miles. Replaced 2 of them 4 months ago and 2,000 miles later one original Right Rear tire with 27,000 miles on it exploded as I was driving 65 mph... Damaged my 22" wheel which is no longer made. I will have to purchase 4 new rims and tires... Yokohama's are crap and because of the destroyed tire and rim, I will be out $2500 on Monday. Dangerous tires.

I bought brand new 2015 Subaru FORESTER FROM DEALERSHIP with Yokohama tires on it. Around 10-15k miles the noise from tires became obvious. Subaru Dealership promised after rotation it will disappear. Nope. The terribly annoying noise still present with speed from 30 miles per hour. I complained again to Subaru Dealership during my next oil change and tire rotation appointment. They promised to check it. But mentioned that with my 2 years old /26k miles tires I don't have any warranty either from Subaru or Yokohama. It is a disappointed fact that company as a Subaru can't stand for their customers. NEVER BUY CAR WITH YOKOHAMA TIRES ON IT.

I have been punished by my car for installing Yokohama tires despite of other brands available in local market. I replaced 4 tires of my Skoda Rapid from Apollo to Yokohama Earth 1 series being convinced by the sales guys that these are the best tires & are meant for Indian roads. But, believe me within a drive of 200 Kms I have to replace 1 tire which has got a deep cut for which I paid 50% against a new tire & got it replaced.

After replacing this tire within next 2 days I have got a slight cut in my next (2nd tire) which Yokohama disagrees to replace & had asked to again pay 50% charge for the replacement & the case is still pending with Yokohama team which is still unanswered. My bad luck doesn't stops here. My 3rd new tire from the lot of all 4 replaced tire develops 5 punctures in 1 single grip track & I'm clueless what needs to be done... Still there's no answer from the dealer nor the vendor - Yokohama. I have 2 tires lying with me in almost worst conditions & theres no hearing for the same.

I purchased a 2014 Subaru Forester. Brand new with new Yokohama tires. I have almost 32000 miles on the car and need all new tires because the tread is worn on all four. I drive less than a 1000 miles a month just to work and errands and events nothing out of the ordinary. So obviously will not be replacing them with the same brand. If you buy these tires expect the same results.

I purchased brand new Yokohama tires for my Honda Odyssey van in 2011. The tires were rated for 80,000 miles and 5 year warranty. After driving 39,500 miles, the tires were completely worn out. When I called Yokohama they refused to honor the warranty or prorate the tires. Yokohama informed me that my warranty ran out few months ago, there is nothing they can do. The tires were rated for 80,000 miles with 5 year warranty. The customer service person stonewalled and gave me different excuses for not helping. I strongly advising people not to get this brand tires! Yokohama showed very poor customer service and don't care attitude.

I purchased four tires for my car from Yokohama dealer. But within a short span of 4 months my car got 3 punchers in different tires. The company claims "specially designed for India roads" but when you call Yokohama India team they say "It's not manufacturing fault so we will not replace or give compensation."

I drive a Toyota 4-Runner 2007. In July of 2015, I replace all 4 tires. The Discount sales person recommended Yokohama instead of the previous brand. So far I had 2 blown tires while driving on the Freeway and on country road in the middle of nowhere on our way to Colorado. In January, I had a flat tire and later on found out it had a t-nail so Discount tires patched the inside. On May 18, 2016 while driving on the Freeway the rear right exploded, thank God I was slowing down to get off the freeway. I believe that same tire is the one that blew up on the freeway. Altogether has been a horrible, expensive and time consuming bad experience. Do not buy these tires.

I purchased four new Yokohama AVID Touring S tires from my car dealership. With 34,588 miles on them, I learned there was 4/32" tread left on one tire, 5/32" on another, and 6/32" on the last two. These tires have been kept aligned, balanced, rotated on schedule, and inflated correctly. Soon after buying them I retired from work, so they haven't had the normal amount of wear and tear. Yokohama offers a 60,000 mile warranty if I drive on the tires until there is 2/32" left, but the dealer says anything less than 4/32" is unsafe to drive on, so I won't do that. I have been driving for many years and have never had tires wear out at this mileage. This is the first and only time I'll buy Yokohama.

I got 4 brand new tires from America's Tire Store to replace the Pirellis I had previously bought new. At the time, ATS did not have any Pirellis in stock and told me Yokohama was the closest thing. They wish! Guaranteed for 65,000 miles, by 28,000 two of them were bald and my mechanic basically told me they would go at any second and I should not drive on them. Crap!

This is the second set of tires... with only 22,000 miles on the second set of tires and are all evenly worn. All 4 tires shows metal on sides of tire treads. All 4 tires are almost up to the wear bars. The tires are junk. The car only has 36,000 miles. The tires are junk.

Purchased new 2013 Impreza with 4 Yokohama AVID tires. On first visit for service noticed that a road noise whine was developing which appeared at 40 mph and above. Service pointed to treads on tire making the noise so became nonissue. On subsequent visits and inspections Subaru service found nothing wrong, gave tires 4 passing stars. After 25K miles road noise became so loud that it started drown out radio. Took car in and was given 4 stars tires passing in August, 2015. Took car in February 2016 and pointed service to serious bearing problem. Service pointed to tires again. Took car to NTB and replaced tires with Sumitomo. Problem immediately gone and found the previous alignment was out of tolerance on three of four tires. Service missed problem because wear was only on inside surface of the tire while treads in middle and outside were normal.

Yokohama Company Profile