1.79/5
  • 1 star
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

181 Yokohama Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I purchased Yokohama Avid Ascend tires for my 2013 Acura RDX about 2 years ago and they have been amazing tires. Have driven up to 120 mph and put over 20K miles on these tires with no problems at all. They still have at least 10K miles left on them and that's pretty amazing since I am frequently doing burnouts and driving very fast from time to time. These tires are so good that I will be purchasing the exact same tire when these wear out. These tires are somewhat eco friendly as well since they use a new technology that incorporates Orange oil.

I worked for a tire distributor that moves over $200 million in tires annually and learned that all brands have problems at some point. They are mass manufacturing a product that can be sensitive to a lot of variables that aren't always easy to control such as weather, chemical sources, mold issues (molds that the tire material is poured into). Yokohama is an awesome brand that stands by their tires in my experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I bought a set of Yoko tires, acknowledging I'd receive a $60 rebate in the form of a VISA credit card. After TWO attempts to mail me the card it still hasn't shown up. Yoko wants to charge me $10 for a change of address and cannot even promise me they did send the card in the first place or if I would EVER receive it...not THEIR fault, apparently. Can't say I'd recommend this program because you cannot verify if you'd EVER receive their rebate. SCAM!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

When I purchased my Toyota Prius which is a 2016 these tires came with it. Tonight traveling 70 miles an hour which is our speed limit I was slowing down at the 60 mph zone when my rear right tire blew out! My car only has 15,000 miles on it. My car only has 15,000 miles on it! Now I am terrified to drive my car with these POS tires! DO NOT BUY!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought a new 2016 CX-5 that came with Yokohama tires. At 10000 miles the tires began to wear prematurely, tire dealer had no explanation other than inflation problems. I check these tires weekly and have had to add air consistently. On a recent trip to WY and MT the right rear tire blew out. Sidewall failure according to the tire shop. Left them all on the floor of the tire shop. Put new tires on it completely. Never own Yokohama tires again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We purchased a new Mazda CX5 in 2016 which came with Yokohama Geolander tires. While the tires seemed fine initially, at about 16,000 miles, we began to notice the ride wasn't so smooth and we began to notice some road noise, but since it was a gradual increase, we thought maybe it was our imaginations. But it wasn't. We just took it to dealer at 18,000 miles and they confirmed that there is significant tire tread wear and some cupping on the inside, which explains the rougher ride and the noise. Service manager did make calls to tire company and to Mazda for us, but to no avail, and suggested we call Mazda as well.

We have purchased new vehicles in the past and have never had this problem. While I realize the stock tires on new cars may not be top of the line, they should be at least durable enough to make it through the car's warranty period. We should not have to be replacing, or approaching replacement, at only 18,000 miles. Will never consider these tires in the future, and will never give them a good review. The experience also reflects poorly on Mazda as a whole.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yokohama?

Original review: April 5, 2017

On September 12, 2016, I went to America's Tire in Palm Desert, CA to purchase 4 Michelin tires. They were out of Michelin tires at that time, but recommended Yokohama tires. I purchased 4 new Yokohama tires YK740 GTX installed on my 2004 Lexus LS430 driven only 62,692 miles. On April 3, 2017, while traveling in California in the 3rd lane on Interstate 10, a 5 lane highway at the posted speed of 70 mph and nearing my destination after a two-hour drive, I experienced a sudden blowout of the left rear tire. The vehicle went out of control, fishtailing from side to side until I was lucky enough to get it under control and onto the right shoulder of the road riding on the rim. It was daylight, clear visibility, no vehicle in front of me and no debris on the road that could have caused the sudden, explosive deflation of the tire. There was nothing left of the tire but two strips of rubber wound around the wheel.

Mileage on the car was 64, 533 miles. I drove less than 2,000 miles on the tires. The other three tires were correctly inflated and remained in perfect condition. I was allowed a $30.00 credit for each of the 3 good tires and the full warranty value of $137.70 for the destroyed tire against the purchase of 4 new Pirelli tires. Oddly, they were also out of stock on Michelin tires on April 3rd.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have High Performance Summer tires and they are good tire for the price. The only drawback is that they are great on dry surfaces but in wet conditions they don't have good traction and braking is poor.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Performance of the tire is so thread. Its life is short but its excellent high and low speed handling and superior grip cannot be beat. It has a great price to product value and I've used it for 22k miles.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I have a 2009 Toyota Camry that I purchased used just over a year ago. The tires on it were Goodyear. The tread was less than half gone. The problem was terrible road noise but I have to admit I am very sensitive to noise. The Yokohama Ascend that I put on did the trick. The car is very quiet now. The ride was also improved. There is less vibration coming through the steering. These tires were advertised as low noise and good tread wear. Price was good, attractive tread pattern, great ride, low noise. Much quieter than the Goodyears on it previously. They are very smooth on the road.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Yokohama is better than Michelin. It actually handles the job! It has Value, good construction and is sturdy and durable.I've used it for 15000+ miles. Yokohama tires are the best, by far, for SUV use. They are long-lasting and worry-free.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Came with the van and had 30,000 miles, then matched them when I bought two. Good grip in the rain. One was losing air at 24,00 miles so I replaced two and it was easy to replace at my regular Chrysler dealer.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Yokohama has a great reputation for Quality. YK580 has very nice appearance. Tread Wear has been great. Quiet, smooth ride, cornering great, and wet traction well above average. I had Goodyear OE tires on a truck and they didn't even last 20,000 miles. I replaced them with Yokohama HT-S and the ride was much better and the treadwear was 3X better. These tires lasted for over 50,000 miles.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I have a set of Geolandar AT G015's. I purchased these tires because of the Quality and Reputation of Yokohama. I wanted a High Quality tire with an excellent look... And this is what I got. The tread design and sidewall design are amazing. The performance of these tires is unexplainable. They grip, ride smooth, ride silent and steer very very well. If you have never owned a set of Yokohama Tires or you think that all tires are equal, I challenge you to purchase a set of Yokohama Tires. You will literally feel your car wake up...

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I have P235 75 15 tires with 5000 mileage for my classic car. Started smooth then became bumpy. Blowout. Ripped my car's skirt and the entire tread came off the rest of tires. I am now replacing all 5.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Wears great and even - seems to last longer than originally told. Match for match of original tires on vehicle bought when new. Runs true - no probs. Once only - ran over an exploded radial tire piece in the dark - Discount Tire replaced it at no charge.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

A friend ordered my Yokohama Tires. I thought they knew what they were getting me although I paid for them myself. However, I don't care for them in the winter. The traction sucks and they were brand new. They suck period for long traveling. I don't think they are as good as Blizzaks. They don't grip the road as good as you get stuck some in the winter while waiting on hill too easy. I would never have that problem with Blizzaks...

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Recommended by my mechanic. Have had 4 tire sets total and got excellent tread life (70K) from all. They are mid price with excellent life and no recalls.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Only recently started using Yokohama last winter. I found their tires to be exceptional in snow and "Quiet" which really impressed me. Usually winter tires tend to be very noisy on the highway. My new Summer Yokos are quiet as well and do not seem to "squeal" as much under hard cornering. Great Price. Good Tire. Good Handling. I think I have already answered this above. Tires are long, wearing and easy on the ears and pocket book.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

They have great tread. Bought my car brand new 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander in April and they don't even look like the tread has gone down and we hit bumps they don't feel like they are going to explode. You don't feel the bumps like some other tires and the tread is awesome. Love them better than my brand new tires on my Honda Accord.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Bought 4 brand new Yokohama tires. I got 14 miles from the dealership and the right rear tire sidewall blew out leaving a 15 to 20 inch split. Terrifying. Had to have the car towed back to dealership. Now they are saying since tires are now used, they can only issue a used tire credit to take them all off and put on 4 new Michelin tires. SO, I pay 700 for Yokohamas, and won't get the 700 back after only 14 miles on the tires before the blowout. I notified the Better Business Bureau in Des Moines Iowa and they advised I file a complaint against Clemons in Ottumwa, IA where I bought the tires. I am furious.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

G056 LTR - Smooth, Comfortable, Quiet Ride with good Rolling Resistance. Better Gas Mileage versus previous set of tires. Like the Sidewall Appearance and the Tread Pattern Design. Wet traction is also good. Tires are mounted both my 2003 Toyota Tundra and my 2012 Toyota 4-Runner. Both vehicles are riding more comfortable than ever before.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S - Long-lasting, good looks. Work well off-road and in snow. Quite smooth ride on a A/T (aggressive) tread. I drive a Ford F-150 and even after 50,000 miles I still had plenty of tread left. You can't even get that type of mileage out of most small low weight vehicles!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

About two months ago (Sept 2016), I fitted 4 brand new Yokohama Geolanders All Terrain tyres to my Land Cruiser. A few weeks later got a puncture in the sidewall in a dry river bed... By a twig!!! Yes a twig, tried a trail repair but the sidewall was so soft it did not hold the insert. There were others with me, none on Yokohama, but a variety of other brands, they covered the same ground and had no problems.

I contacted Yokohama, and was first told it was 'bad luck'. WTF??? I told the rep I was not happy about that comment and it should not happen to an A/T listed tyre. I eventually got the tyre repaired by a local tyre shop and am using it on road. So he was going to call me back to arrange a tyre shop to take the tyre off and check it out... Never heard any more!:x He has my mobile number and my email address. No excuses! So, I have a serious reservations about a tyre being called ALL TERRAIN. It should say SOME TERRAIN AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO TWIGS! And any company whether tyre related or not who does not respond to a customer complaint is not worth a light IMO!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Our daughter totaled her Chevy Impala (recommend this car for protection in an accident) 7 months ago, but thanks to God she wasn't scratched in the accident. We needed to purchase another late model Chevy Impala soon as her dad was going to need his truck for work and she would need her own car. Went to Rick Henrick Chevrolet in Duluth, Ga. Sales were nice and love the car, but they put a new set of tires on the Impala I've never heard of - Yokohama. It came time to rotate and change the oil in her car, and the dealer (I will not name) said the inner part of the tires were wearing very quickly and needed to replace very soon (actually showed me where the tires were wearing). Needless to say, very disappointed in the tires (I wished now I had asked them to put Goodyear tires on her car). I definitely would not recommend these tires (dangerous for high school or college students driving more than 15 miles to school).

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Tire disintegrated on highway at 8K. No alert from Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Toyota forwarded me to Yokohama. Yokohama said take the tire to authorized dealer for inspection, and dealer will warranty if defective. Authorized dealer said tire is defective, but not available. (It is available for special order at high price.) Yokohama then changed the story... They acknowledge their dealer determined the tire is defective, but I have to buy a new tire, and they (Yokohama) will inspect the tire and may refund something. Maybe. Eventually. Unless the story changes again... Which I expect it will. SUMMARY: WARRANTY IS USELESS - If I have to buy a new tire, it won't be the OEM tire that exploded.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I recently bought 2016 Subaru Impreza sport and when I drove on the roads where I could go 30 miles a hour or more the tire noise became so loud that even the radio would not muffle the sound. I brought the car back to the dealer twice and contacted the official site of Subaru of America and nothing can be done. I wanted them to change out the tires but they won't do anything. I only have 463 miles on this car and I am very disappointed in how this is being addressed. I want something to be done. Can you help direct me to the best way to handle this.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

Sent in on-line version of rebate including JPEG download of receipt. Received email kickback of submittal 10 days later. Called their center and Lindsey ** said she could not read the details of receipt. I needed to send in a clearer copy. I looked the version of the receipt on my computer and although difficult to read, when enlarged you could read "Yokohama" and the Serial # of the tires. This is an attempt to delay or avoid paying my $60 rebate. I now have to mail in a copy of my receipt so they can further delay my payment. It is not my job to read their documents. They can also request a copy from the reseller if they actually need to verify. The consumer is always the bearer of any excuses these companies throw at you to prevent from paying you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

Yokohama Parada Tires frequently lose air. I have TPMS that constantly state to check tire pressure. The tires are low every month in at least 2 tires... Front two tires wore out within 25,000 miles. Replaced 2 of them 4 months ago and 2,000 miles later one original Right Rear tire with 27,000 miles on it exploded as I was driving 65 mph... Damaged my 22" wheel which is no longer made. I will have to purchase 4 new rims and tires... Yokohama's are crap and because of the destroyed tire and rim, I will be out $2500 on Monday. Dangerous tires.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I bought brand new 2015 Subaru FORESTER FROM DEALERSHIP with Yokohama tires on it. Around 10-15k miles the noise from tires became obvious. Subaru Dealership promised after rotation it will disappear. Nope. The terribly annoying noise still present with speed from 30 miles per hour. I complained again to Subaru Dealership during my next oil change and tire rotation appointment. They promised to check it. But mentioned that with my 2 years old /26k miles tires I don't have any warranty either from Subaru or Yokohama. It is a disappointed fact that company as a Subaru can't stand for their customers. NEVER BUY CAR WITH YOKOHAMA TIRES ON IT.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I have been punished by my car for installing Yokohama tires despite of other brands available in local market. I replaced 4 tires of my Skoda Rapid from Apollo to Yokohama Earth 1 series being convinced by the sales guys that these are the best tires & are meant for Indian roads. But, believe me within a drive of 200 Kms I have to replace 1 tire which has got a deep cut for which I paid 50% against a new tire & got it replaced.

After replacing this tire within next 2 days I have got a slight cut in my next (2nd tire) which Yokohama disagrees to replace & had asked to again pay 50% charge for the replacement & the case is still pending with Yokohama team which is still unanswered. My bad luck doesn't stops here. My 3rd new tire from the lot of all 4 replaced tire develops 5 punctures in 1 single grip track & I'm clueless what needs to be done... Still there's no answer from the dealer nor the vendor - Yokohama. I have 2 tires lying with me in almost worst conditions & theres no hearing for the same.

Yokohama Company Information