2.5/5 (253 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: May 3, 2022

HORRIBLE experience. Tire Rack's "Customer Service" was pathetic. They screwed up my order in multiple ways, several times. My tires were "delivered", but the installer never received them. Tire Rack "Customer Service" said it wasn't Tire Rack's fault, because you use a third-party delivery service. **!!! Tire Rack CHOSE a third-party delivery service that apparently can't do the job properly (probably the cheapest available, in order to maximize your profits), so it IS your fault! My tires EVENTUALLY showed up, after me spending a total of over two hours on the phone with incompetent people. I will NEVER, EVER use Tire Rack again. Tire Rack should be ashamed of their "Customer Service" department -- it is abhorrent!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Yea not happy with Tirerack. Usually order my tires from there and have no problems. I tried to order rotors and brakes for my car, I placed my order and then got a call back from one of the sales reps saying he doesn't know when the item will but he has another brand in stock and ready to ship. I liked that so I said ok, he switched my order to those and they were shipped right away. They sent me the wrong front discs. They are too big and I can't put the brakes on. I return them and now it seems to be on me to pay for the shipping which is not right, the person who changed my order after they called me messed it up. Now they are asking for my vin number to see if it's a fitment error on their part. What doesn't fit, doesn't fit. I shouldn't have to be paying for the shipment back.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

This company will repeatedly lie to your face about shipping. I ordered tires to arrive on the 14th of January. They didn't even hand the tires off to UPS until near midnight on the 13th. So of course there is no way they could arrive in time. After some run around I get in touch with a representative who says they will order a reshipment so I can get the tires delivered on the 15th. I never receive any new shipping information. I have to call them back and discover they just NEVER DID IT. So now they say the best they can do is the 18TH.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

This review is strictly for Kerry and Hanna (supervisor) only. These 2 employees went above and beyond helping me with several issues during and after my orders. Everyone else I spoke to within the company either lied or mislead me, which was unnecessary! Hanna truly has customer service skills that are exceptional and mastered. Others should take a class from her to learn how to deal with customers and not use misleading or lying statements to make a sale. If we call we want to buy no need in giving volunteer lies. Meaning don't tell me an untruth if I did not ask you. I wish to thank you both from the bottom of my heart. You both have beauty inside and out and truly care about people in general not the bottom line (dollars). Mykal

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I live in Fairbanks, AK; to get fast and fair shipping is rare. Tire Rack went above and beyond. 3 days for 4 wheels, shipping under $100. Unheard of here. I am used to seeing shipping as much as product or more. Or after the shipping estimator gives a reasonable price then find out at checkout can't do it or charge way more. Not Tire Rack. Spot on. Makes this Alaskan feel like Tire Rack knows Alaska is actually part of the U.S.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Ordered a full set of wheels & tires. 8 months in a wheel cracked. Had it evaluated by a couple tire shops & some aerospace engineers who work for me. Crack started at a black mark (latent defect). No warranty coverage. Ordered replacement while on the phone with the “fitment specialist” & received the incorrect offset. I requested return & because I drove from the tire shop to my house so as to not pay for additional services. They’re not allowing return of the wrong unit (they shipped). Retired USAF Lt Col here…I strongly encourage you spend your money for wheels elsewhere. They don’t stand by them, then they can’t cure when there’s an issue.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Stay clear from Tire Rack. They are dishonest and don't honor their guarantees. You know, when you're looking for tires, and you're thinking, hey, you know what that "two-year road hazard included" sounds good. Guess what. TireRack doesn't honor it. Here's my story. Short story: DO NOT buy from TireRack. Stay away at all costs. Longer story: I bought 4 tires in 2019 for $1,069.88 from TireRack, then another 4 245/45R18 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat MO Run Flats in 2021 for $1,125.18. All the time, I thought, "you know what? It's comforting to know that in case something happens to these tires, they're covered." Well, after running TireRack tires for 3-years, something did happen. One of the tires blew out while on the highway. Yes, I was safe. Yes, it wasn't cool.

About the time I was thinking bummer, I need to get new tires now, I thought, "Hey, wait, I had the "two-year road hazard included." So, awesome, I'll give TireRack a quick call and have a credit to buy new tires. Well, not so fast. I called TireRack. Apparently, they don't handle those claims. They contracted this out to **. Okay, no problem, find their website and submit the claim. I follow up. Nothing. I follow up again, nothing. Four months later, I get a cryptic reply that I need the TireRack receipt for the tires and the install receipt for the tires. I emailed ASAP Tire, who emailed me the invoice within minutes, which I forward to ** to complete my claim. Now they say they don't have enough paperwork. Hey, there is no more paperwork. First, 100% of this transaction was done through TireRack; second, I forward the paperwork 3x over 4 months.

Bottom line TireRack, hiding behind ** doesn't honor their "two-year road hazard included." If you care about your car and are familiar with running on tires you feel are protected, you won't find them at TireRack. Don't waste your time as I did, preserve your time and family's safety, and go with a company that cares about their customers and the safety of their customers—and that my friend isn't TireRack.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought 4 new tires from them. I had them on my car for 3 weeks. Then they had bulges in 3 of the tires. One popped. I had no choice to go somewhere to buy 4 new tires. I called them. Told them about it. Said they won't do anything about it because I didn't do a claim before buying new tires. I have to have a car to go to work but they didn't care. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have defective tires sent report from my dealership over 2 weeks ago after speaking with someone over the phone. Have called and emailed and have gotten NO response. This is very frustrating to say the least. With all their good reviews I did not expect this kind of treatment.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs. First, they delivered the wrong wheels to me, then they claimed the wheels they picked back up the day after were damaged and didn't refund me. And then, they send the new ones to my personal address instead of my mechanic, even though I called twice to make sure they had the address of my mechanic. A complete waste of time and money... Avoid, avoid and avoid some more.

Tire Rack author review by Kathryn Parkman

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country with inventory from 25 tire and 55 wheel brands. Tire Rack has its own testing track, and its website features helpful reviews and educational resources.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Tire Rack Company Information