Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.62/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

127 Tire Rack Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

I just wrote a couple negative reviews because my experience with them was terrible, and that's what you typically see when looking at reviews. Not many happy customers write reviews, they just go on with their life and expect the best out of everything. I have purchased two complete sets of tires from Tire Rack now, installed at their location (a bit of a drive, but worth the price). 100% satisfied. Highly recommended. Website is grade A, and reviews are priceless in determining which tires to purchase.

Original review: May 5, 2019

4.29.19 I ended up calling TR to make sure on proper tires ordering. Very pleasant experience and ordered 6 Yokohama geolanders for my R.V. del. 5.3.19 via TR recommended installer, installed and rolling 5.4.19. All in all I have great appreciation for TR service and quality of products delivered. Basically now, I think it's up to Yokohama product quality and if issues do evolve I currently have faith in TR to assist successfully.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I've bought four sets of Michelin and Bridgestone tires from Tire Rack in the last 10 years or so and have always received accurate e-mails confirming shipping. I'm in the S.F Bay Area and the tires come from their warehouse in the Reno area in 3 or 4 days to my nearby installer. I damaged a tire a couple years ago (4"sidewall blister) and took it to my installer who called Tire Rack and initiated a road hazard claim. They said they would send a free tire out and I was so pleased with the process that I paid for another tire to replace my shaky spare tire. Can't get better service than that!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I recently contacted customer service about an order I had placed 5 years ago. I was looking for specific information about one of the items from the order, that I could not find by my own online research. My initial contact was done over the weekend. Early Monday I received an email reply (all of the communication was through their email contact) asking for the original order information and offering a resolution that I did not expect, let alone even ask for. After a couple of additional email communications there was a replacement part on it's way to my daughter, which had moved halfway across the country since the original order had been placed and fulfilled. Monetarily, this wasn't much, but still, I was more than satisfied with the service received from Tire Rack for something they had no obligation to provide. I have been an online TR customer for 20+ years. It is little things like this that will keep me returning for next 20+ years.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Here's what I know about TR: the quality of what I ordered is on par with what I paid and the service was just fine. I'm happy with my purchase from Tire Rack. I decided to write this simply because the reviews I'm finding online do not align with my experience. I worked in service for many years, and found people tend to share opinions more easily when they feel slighted or ripped off (even when, in reality, they just wanted special treatment and didn't get it). I placed my order on the Friday before Memorial Day, a holiday weekend. On Saturday, I got a call from a friendly rep saying the wheels were back ordered until August. Well, no one orders tires two months before they need them, so I decided on a replacement set and confirmed the change order. They were shipped on Tuesday, and delivered on Thursday. Worth noting this would have been much quicker had I not ordered on a holiday weekend.

I inspected each tire and wheel for visible dents, bends, warping, and bulges and found none. The counterweights are pretty minimal (0.5-1.0 oz) discretely attached to the inner circumference of the rim. No vibration or anything on PA highways (70+ mph). Very quiet, too. The reason I'm giving four stars and not five is simple: the wheel set I initially ordered was a fantastic deal and it turned out to be back ordered for two months. I find it hard to believe that a national eCommerce retailer doesn't have sufficient inventory management logistics to say on the website when a part is back ordered.

I understand not every order goes perfectly, especially for such a large retailer, but this is a common criticism of Tire Rack and felt a little disingenuous to me. To reiterate, I'm satisfied with this purchase. For under $1000, I got decent wheels and premium summer tires mounted, balanced, and delivered to my house. The car looks great and the tires feel excellent. I'd definitely order from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: May 9, 2019

Will NEVER buy from Tire Rack again. I had to return 2 tires that were never mounted. They would only accept one, claimed the other had "grease" on it. In good faith, I purchased the 2 replacement tires for these from them to show I was willing to do business with them, still never got my refund. Horrible place.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Twice I tried to order from this company and both times I was seriously let down and disappointed. The first time I ordered from them I was ordering 2 tires; Yokohama Avid Envigors was what I ordered (I picked them out based off my years of experience working on cars and I know from what I've seen if it's good for autocross it'll be great on the street and these tires don't disappoint). I placed the order online and was told they'd be at the shop in 3 days. Well day 2 comes and I get a weird email that didn't explain anything so I called them. After I gave the order number the first thing the guy told me is HE thought I was ordering the wrong tires for my car; and I should buy some basic butt Goodyear's and then tells me I ordered the wrong size; I should've gotten 17 inch size.

First off the 17 in size THEY wanted me to buy is incorrect; 17 was an optional size and the car is equipped with the original 16 inch from the factory by default (seriously look up tires for an 02 Bonneville) secondly who are you to tell me what kinda tires I should be running? I picked those Yokohama's because I need something that grips extra good in the wet; something your basic Goodyear isn't gonna compete with. But they did have the money on my card tied up for a week with the cancellation process.

So fast forward a year and I need brakes. I already had some StopTech (formerly power slot brand) slotted rotors and pads on the front and they've performed incredibly for 90k miles, and I wanted to get another set. Well Tire Rack made ordering easy; but that was it. I even placed my order over the phone with a live person; everything went smoothly; then 6 hours later I get some email from them asking for a wire transfer AND a money order like some African prince trying to cash a million dollar check scheme (Anyone remember the 90's?).

So I call my bank; they already gave them the money. So I call Tire Rack and ask WTF? They gave me a seriously BS line and the girl on the phone had the gall to say that "we can't verify your identity; so we took payment and are holding the payment and parts until we receive ANOTHER payment in the form of wire transfer, cash or money order." These people are seriously up to no good is the only logical explanation I can figure. So I've cancelled the order and am disputing the charges through my bank. Hopefully I get my money back in a week or two.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased 4 new tires online from Tire Rack during a Michelin rebate, and within the timeframe of the rebate being active. When I was placing my order their website stated the tires were in stock, which was part of the rebate requirement, but after placing my order the shipment was delayed for some reason, and then they told me I no longer qualified for the rebate because the tires were out of stock.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I purchased 4 Goodyear all season tires from Tire Rack. I would have bought them from Sam's Club, but with the offered rebate, it was a very good deal. That is, if I'd actually gotten my rebate. Neither Tire Rack or Goodyear credit has been helpful. I asked for help from Tire Rack and was told I needed to deal with Goodyear. I think that because the offer was from Tire Rack, that they should (at least) offer to help. I don't think I'll be getting my next set of tires from these folks. Better to deal with a local tire store. At least you can see the person you're talking with and maybe get some satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered tires from Tire Rack on Last Friday for delivery the following Tuesday per TR. It's now Monday 2/4 (a week later) and still no tires. UPS tracking states "Loaded on truck for delivery today" the last 3 days (Wed, Thurs, Friday and today). I call Tire Rack Customer service. They tell me "We shipped them, not our problem - Call UPS" Thanks a lot TR. So I call UPS and they say "It's been cold" That's all "It's been cold"! Really!!! It was cold Mon. and Tues. It's been 40+ since and 60 degrees today! I guess TR only delivers in July and August. Anyway still no tires and another "today" answer - yeah sure. To anyone watching I have done business with and highly recommend SIMPLE TIRE over Tire Rack. Very smooth transactions and FAST, FREE shipping AND actually provide what they promise - A very important thing when it comes to the car you rely on daily... you know, TO GET TO WORK and minor things like that!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased four Goodyear Duratrac tires on mounted on new rims for a 2011 Ram truck. In barely more than 2 years they developed cracks on the sides of the tires. One tire went flat while driving leaving me stranded. Initially, Tire Rack was very helpful in advising me to take pictures of the weather cracking. I removed the tire, had it inspected by several dealers, and took numerous pictures of the weather cracking of the sidewall near the tread where the tire failed.

After submitting the evidence the customer affairs representative informed me her team was sure it was due to an object in the road. Clearly, the tiny cracks along the sidewall were not caused by an external object. I am now being forced to litigate to recover my loss. A local attorney researching the matter informed me Goodyear changed their chemical mix a few years ago thus causing numerous early aging problems in high-altitude locations. Tire Rack is likely aware of the problem but instead relying on deception and bullying of customers to avoid liability.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

On October 31, 2018 I ordered (TR #**) a Bridgestone Tire and wheel package to be delivered to TR's recommended installer VIP Tire & Service in Windham ME. On Nov. 8th VIP installed the premounted wheels and tires. On leaving VIP there was a grinding noise coming from the left front tire. Returning to VIP they determined that one of the wheels was out of round and rubbing against the caliper. On calling TR they said they would have a replacement wheel delivered in 4 days. I couldn't go without the car for 4 days and I didn't want to remount my summer tires as I was going to VT that weekend where they had a foot of snow. I told TR I was going to take their snow tires off the wheels and remount them on my OEM wheels.

TR agreed and said they would send the paperwork to VIP to return the wheels and tire pressure sensors. VIP was excellent, they took the wheels off the car, removed the tires, remounted them on my OEM wheels, balanced the tires and reset the TPM's charging a very reasonable $80 (VIP reference #**). Since The Tire Rack said they would deliver the wheel package with tires mounted, balanced and with tire pressure monitors I assumed they would reimburse me for the $80. Not a chance, calls were referred to a supervisor who wasn't there but would call back and did not return the call. It won't happen again because I'll only do business with a local reputable tire dealer.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered tires from Tire Rack... After a week of no stop daily emails telling me, "Your tires have been delayed..." I decided to cancel the order. I spoke with several Tire Rack officials slash managers, each promised the world but never delivered. However, when I canceled the tires... Tire rack instantly stopped and re-routed the already 2 weeks late tires. Then it took several phone calls and emails to get my credit card refunded. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the aggravation. Buy your tires locally.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I purchased the tire 18 inches from this company. The first issue was that automotive shop was surprised at their irresponsible action, because they let their affiliate shipping company (UPS) leave the expensive tires at the door all weekends. I don’t know who will be responsible if something steal it. The main issue was I had to exchange the tires to 19 inches one because I made a mistake on order. I called the customer service and asked them to return and exchange. They shipped the correct size tires and set up UPS pick up for return item. The customer service clearly told me that return procedure should be quick and they are responsible for picking up the items.

However, I haven’t heard from them and gotten refund for 2 weeks. They never provided the tracking number and they just charged both return and exchange items twice. I called the customer service and complained about it. They said the return item is missing and they cannot track it. They don’t even explain about what happened, like what is the UPS tracking number, why they cannot track, where are my return tires gone. Customer service lady is extremely rude and emotional and never let me finish talking and hanged up the phone without any explanation and never called me back. Missing items by their shipping company is absolutely NOT my responsibility and I am not even sure if they really didn’t receive the return items or not. I don’t recommend this irresponsible company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My husband and I bought snow tires last year through Tire Rack. Something punctured the tire beyond repair. We needed a tire right away so we went to a shop and started the process. After all is said and done we then receive an email stating they will only replace the tire for the cost spent through them and not the one we got, even though it is the EXACT same tire. I called the helpline to ask why they wouldn't cover the entire cost of replacement, especially since it is a warranty job. The response I got from the lady on the phone said and I quote, "We aren't responsible for inflation". Yeah, never getting tires through Tire Rack again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased 4 Cooper Discoverer Tires and matching rims from Tire Rack. You would not believe the problems they have caused me. One of the rims had weights that was too large to clear the brake caliper but the other three did. I drove about 3 miles and noticed the noise from my rear driver side wheel. Inspection revealed the oversize weights were scrubbing the brake caliper and one of the taped on weights mounted inside the rim had rubbed off. I contacted (Pam) at customer service and explained the problem. She asked that I take a picture of the problem and email them to her. Well, I had to remove the mounted wheel to make the pictures and one of the lug nuts had seized to the wheel stud. The stud broke off. This is only the beginning!

My truck is Chevy 2500. To remove the broken stud meant I had to completely disassemble the brake caliper, remove the axle, replace the stud, buy new seals, buy a set of star bits, buy a new stud, buy a axle nut wrench, buy differential fluid to replace some that got out after removing the axle, still have to take the wheel to a local dealer and pay them to rebalance the wheel with the proper size weights and several hours of my time to get to this point. My truck is still immobile because I had to order the axle nut wrench and will not get until next week. I have spent over $150.00 out of my pocket and no response from customer service. This has been a total nightmare for me. Tire Rack takes no responsibility for this disaster. If any recourse is available I will pursue this matter until I am 100 years old!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Ordered snow tires on the 13th, website says delivery for the 16th. It’s now the 25, and still no tires. Emailed, when my order was switched from the DE warehouse which had the tires in stock , to the CT warehouse that had them on back order was told the tires are in CT and will ship soon. Now the tires are being shipped from the DE warehouse, and the tracking number does not work.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I ordered a set of BFG KO2s because their website said that they would arrive the next day. Now I am being told they will arrive next week. BAIT & SWITCH! They are also $25 more per tire than 4 Wheel Parts.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased 4 Sport Muscle V76 Chrome wheels from Tire Rack in spring 2018. By August of 2018 after about 2000 miles, the chrome was checking and beginning to pit. In addition, upon close inspection, there were spots where the chrome was missing and the wheel was just light gray. When I brought it to the attention of Tire Rack with six documented photos, I was told it appeared that they were beginning to pit and the solution was to clean them with chrome cleaner and wash them often. They denied any warranty coverage and offered me a 25% discount off retail on a new set...4 months after purchase! Buyer beware - Sport Muscle V76 Chrome Wheels are an inferior product - very poor chrome. The manufacturer does not stand behind the product and the Tire Rack hid behind the manufacturer - happy to take your money, but zero customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I have been a customer with Tire Rack for approximately 10 years and have purchased 4-5 sets of winter wheel/tire packages from them without problems until now. My most recent purchase within this last month did not go well from the beginning. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. When I went to pick up the wheels 5 days after they arrived at the local TR warehouse, they were not mounted or ready to go. Had to come back a couple days later only for them to show me two of the rims were damaged before mounting them to tires. I coordinated for them to be shipped to my house no charge instead of making a trip 30 miles back to the warehouse. They gave me a half price credit for one of the rims since it was cosmetic which I agreed to and appreciated.

Upon being shipped to my house, one of the tires was almost flat so I filled it up to the proper air pressure and mounted it on my vehicle only to see it repeatedly lose air every day over the next 3 days. I emailed TR on a Friday hoping to get a response on Saturday, to no avail. I called 3 times during the day on Saturday and waited on hold all 3 times (5-10 minutes) without being able to talk to anybody. Finally I gave up and now have to figure out why a brand new mounted tire won't maintain air. I'm sure it is likely something simple, but nonetheless frustrating having to deal with the hassle during my busy work schedule to get it fixed. It appears to me that TireRack's once good name and good deal is falling apart due to poor quality control and customer service. I am very disappointed and will more than likely look elsewhere next time I purchase winter wheels/tires.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I returned 2 Goodyear Tires this a.m. November 17, 2018 to their warehouse in Delaware. After returning I noticed I did not get paperwork for my credit card return. I contacted Tire Rack and the person Donna at ** told me it would take at least 4-7 days and the tires had to be inspected. I returned the tires to their facility (Delaware) and they were inspected (by their employee at Delaware CPU Returns) and I have signed receipt from person receiving the return. Is this just another way or excuse for not giving me a full refund of my payment? This is the first time I have ever used them and will not going to ever use them again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

After purchasing four tires and wheels that did not fit, it took seven phone calls over a three week period after they had received the wheels and tires back to get a refund. At the time of this writing, they still owed me over 900.00. The refunds trickled in a wheel and a tire at a time. These people do not know what customer service means. I would never order from them again and advise anyone thinking about ordering from them to go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased 4 new Michelin Defender tires at Tire Rack in October 2018. I had them shipped to Big O Tires, one of the recommended installers. When I went to pick up the tires, the service department told me that the tires were manufactured in 2015, and were therefore 3 years old. I called Tire Rack and told them selling 3 year old tires was unacceptable, that they should have disclosed the age of the tires, at the time I purchased the tires... They then tried to say the tires are stored in a climate controlled warehouse, saying it was no big deal. Long story short, I told them to take the tires back and to credit me for the total amount I paid, including the mounting fee, and dis-mounting fee. My analogy, if you buy a 2018 car, and the dealer delivers a 2015 car, saying it has been stored in a climate controlled warehouse, it's fraud. I'll never do business with Tire Rack again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Please buy Tires from Sam's Club or Costco since their prices and tire repair warranty is way better than TireRack.com. TireRack.com use this "Sonsio" company and they only pay partial amount for repair. Even they state $25 but they only pay for patch but not for installation or tax. Bad way of doing business Tire Rack!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I only drive highway and work in a small town. I bought cheaper tires for my work car and after 20k miles the tread started to split apart (I say cheaper tires due to the cost). I contacted Tire Rack and submitted pictures, tread depth and mileage all from the garage, per Tirerack.com's request. About 2 hours later I got a callback, "Sorry but we cannot approve warranty due to tread punctures from road hazards." Funny these tires (x4) have no patches or plugs etc. But the car fails inspection due to the tread ripping. Also these are only driven during the summer months and I have a separate set for the winter. They did offer to give me 15% off buying a new set from them.

Sorry but I won't buy from Tirerack.com nor will I buy that brand of tire again. If I did buy cheaper tires and the manufacturing of the rubber failed before the tread wore out that is a warranty claim. But to not honor the claim based on other road punctures is crap. There isn't any holes in these tires and if there was why would that void the warranty (manufacturing) process of a tire. Neither one held up to their end.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Bought a set of 4 tires Cooper to be exact. Once a week there has been a bubble or two or three on the tires and inner wall BUBBLES. Let me guess sat in a warehouse for months dry rotting only to be sold to us. Please go to your local tire store that way any problems occur and you can revisit the store instead of dealing with BS from Andy. Also let a message for his Boss Bonnie ** still waiting on a return call... Told this company my daughter is driving this vehicle and her safety rides on them. They could care less!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Ordered set of truck tires on 9-2-18, all was well until I took the truck to the dealership and they notified me the "NEW" tire I got were made 3 years ago. So I called Tire Rack and they informed me that it said in the description they were from old stock. There was nothing on their site that noted this. I did however figure out on the invoice that is has "old" crammed together in the part number 765SR8WATAOWL2OLD. Also in the small print in a paragraph to the right 113/110SC2014 STOCK. Again nothing on their site to indicate that the tires are aged, only after the sale was made and delivered. And of course they offered to return the tires. What a joke, first I have to find my old tires or another new set and pay to have them removed and mounted & balanced again. Lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Tire Rack advertises free road hazard protection and is a complete false rip off! First of all don't make the same mistake I did. READ THE 3 PAGE WARRANTY FOR TIRES FIRST. It is basically saying, "We won't for PAY for anything," and the demands they have for using this nonwarranty warranty are not worth the hassle and headaches of dealing with.

I bought 2 tires and both blew out in the middle of the night. At this hour who is going to photograph the proof or l was just happy to get off the highway safe. When I called Tire Rack they wanted photos and documentation out the ying yang to get a little bit of prorated credit but only if I purchase the next tires from them. So what should I do, leave my car parked on the interstate for days till I can re-order and argue with them over a nonexistent warranty and go thru their painstaking interrogation and prove my tires blew out? NO THANKS. NEVER AGAIN!! Even local tire shops won't help you. I found out because they say "you did not buy your tires from us". I will buy my tires local even if I have to spend a few dollars more and have far fewer headaches in the long run. They are a terrible company to deal with as evidenced by the number of complaints I read online about them proves me right! STAY AWAY FROM TIRE RACK.COM.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have bought tires from Tire Rack for years. I have always been satisfied. The “free” Road Hazard Insurance only covers a new tire if your tire is not repairable. Obviously, a new tire has to be mounted right? Tire Rack plan doesn’t cover the $42.50 price. What kind of Road Hazard policy doesn’t cover mounting - Tire Rack’s. What a rip off!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Had multiple problems with my order. First, tracking showed that only 3 of the 4 tires got delivered to installer, so I waited until couple days later I called the installer and they confirmed they have all 4 tires. Next, installer I picked refused to install them saying the car is too big and they don't have the right equipment, so I had to pick them up and find another installer. One of them said on the phone they would not do the tire rack installation because in order to do this, tires should have been shipped to them. Finally found installer that worked for my schedule, and asked them on the phone if installation pricing on the tire rack website was accurate. When I arrived for installation they said that TR messed up their pricing and I had to pay $5 more. Lastly, sent email about all of this to tire rack and never even got a response.

Tire Rack expert review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country packed with inventory from 21 major tire and 58 wheel brands. Their prices are competitive and their expertise is unmatched. Tire Rack has its own track to put tires to the test lap after lap, so you know exactly how a tire performs.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information