2.5/5 (261 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

If I could give less than 1 star I would do so... I don't understand how Tire rack states that they have good reviews. That they are 4 out of 5 stars. I have had horrible eperience with tire rack, I have a screw on the outside wall of my tire and is unable to be fixed. I went online and after 2 days of fighting with tire rack to even find my tires that I ordered because they were not in the orders. When I finally was able to pull up my tires and pull road hazard on my tire, it wants me to buy a new tire and give them the invoice... Are you serious. Who has an EXTRA 190.00 to buy a new tire when there is a road hazard warranty. I am unable to use my truck that I have for going to and from work as well as taking my children to school.

When calling Tire rack they are very unprofessional. I did a full look through of the road hazard warranty and at no point did the hazard state that I would have to purchase a new tire and what Tire rack will give me 70.00 back for the tire???? If I had an EXTRA 190 I would not even worry about tire rack because of the horrible hassle it is to have any service for tires that I purchased from them... at a VERY HIGH PRICE... I WILL NEVER BUY FROM TIRE RACK AGAIN. I would rather pay 100.00 or more extra at GOODYEAR or DISCOUNT TIRE to get better service and not have to worry about the hassle, they would replace my tire with no problems.... Horrible horrible horrible..... I also reported them to BBB, for violation of contract.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I purchased 4 very expensive extreme performance tires. I had read the road hazard fine print, and felt good about the service. (It did seem too good to be true). Well one got an irreparable hold in the sidewall. I called and asked about the process. I wanted to do everything correctly. They made it seem so simple and easy. The representative told me "To take pictures, save receipts, and get it fixed or replaced. Then you file the claim afterwards." They made me so mad. I did just as they said, and then they said that I must "get the claim approved first before fixing or replacing the tire".

Getting the claim approved is not a simple one day process. If you drive your car and need it day-to-day, it is difficult to adhere to those guidelines. Plus their first representative told me something completely different. I sent in pics, and got it denied. Some of the last customer service agents I spoke with, were not seeing history of that first phone call. They were using all of the other phone calls against me, where they said, "You must fix it after official approval." They had records of those. They finally in the end said, "They would honor it this time, but next time wouldn't, and I must get the claim approved first". This sat bad with me. While I'm happy I was compensated, it was a lot of work and stress to battle Tire Rack. Their first representative lied to me. I won't ever buy 4 tires from them again.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I purchased online, purposely selecting 'in stock' items only to find they were not. The only available option was 100.00 more per tire. Customer service said 2 were available so it wasn't false advertising.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I purchased 2 tires from TireRack.com in January 2021. In October 2022 I had to have them replaced because the tread was coming loose and showing wires. I submitted a claim to have them replaced because I was forced to get new tires. They denied both claims (2 tires) saying they didn't meet the requirements of my contract--the tires were just worn. This was after getting several emails from them saying they were not able to open the pictures I sent to them and to go to the portal to upload all of the documentation. (The portal didn't work most of the time either)- I had uploaded this information about 5 times, and had made numerous attempts other than that. Then after getting one of those emails I immediately get one saying they had denied my claim because they were just worn. How do they know if they couldn't open the pictures??? I am calling **.

Tires should not be worn out, losing tread and showing wires in less than 2 years with normal driving and proper inflation. I think they probably deny most of the claims that come through. They were Goodyear tires. The guy who put on my new tires said he worked for Goodyear for a long time before he left and said they received more complaints about Goodyear tires than any other tires. I would absolutely NOT recommend this place to anyone ever. And to top it off, I got a text saying one of the claims was approved only for them to turn around and tell me that it was "accidentally" approved-it really wasn't because they couldn't open the documents. Horrible company and even worse claims department.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I purchased a battery 8 months ago that has a 1 year no question, no pro rate exchange. It quit working. I was told that I had to contact the company direct. That this would take over a week. I bought a second battery to save time and then was told it would take 7-9 days to get to me because it was being drop shipped even though I was told they had it in stock. Now I’m stranded for 7-9 days with no battery. And they don’t care at all. Do not buy a battery or anything important from Tire Rack unless you have time to wait weeks with no car as they take their time getting around to you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I purchased 4 Michelin tires from Tire Rack plus 3 years extended warranty. After 2 years with 17,600 miles, the two tires in the back going bad. I called customer service, the first gentleman give me claims number and tell me go to any tires shop and show the to replace the tires. I went to Tires Discount (Who own the Tire Rack), the Tires Discount contact Tire Rack and get the different information. Tire Rack want me to pay first and submit the receipt to get reimbursed.

I called Tire Rack (again) and this time the lady said my tires have no warranty, I show the receipt with warranty information certificate and she said that is not show on my file and she could locate my account due to the system is down. I called again that afternoon and another customer service want me to upload receipt and pictures of tires for reviewing. I did all they asked and the day later they denied my claims. Stop do business with this company. This is scammers. They just want the money and try to run away or denied the claims. That what they do best.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I purchased a set of Stoptech crossed drilled rotors from Tire Rack for my 1999 Miata. Unfortunately, the new rear rotors make a loud scraping noise every time I apply the brakes. I took the car to two independent mechanic shops and both said everything looks fine, so either the pads or the rotors were defective. I narrowed down the issue by swapping out the pads, but the noise remains. Then I swapped out the rotors, and the noise disappeared. The problem was with the new rotors.

To my disappointment, Tire Rack customer service was of no help and tried to blame it on overheating issue and refused to do an exchange or refund. Even though the noise was present at 0 miles and 500 miles, before bedding and after bedding, made no difference in the noise at all. They tried to blame it on the pads being glazed, but the same pads on different rotors worked perfectly. After asking more questions, they became non-responsive.

Although, I lost about $140 on this bad purchase, Tire Rack has lost a long-time customer. I will never purchase anything from Tire Rack again since they don't stand by the products they sell. It was a lesson learned for me and they can only rip me off once. Fortunately, there are many vendors we can buy from with better customer service and warranty policies. Do not trust Tire Rack if you need to return or exchange something. They will only sell you products and don't care if you have problems with the products they sold.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Just spent $2,500 on brand new wheels and tires for a Ford F-150. I picked them up at the warehouse Distribution Center in Delaware. When I brought them to mount them, I noticed that one of the wheels had over 12 oz of weights on it. I called customer service and they asked if it was vibrating, and I said no and they said well then there's nothing they're going to do about it. And honestly, I think their customer service is a little bit condescending in this situation. I've been buying from Tire Rack for the last 20 years and this will be the last time. A $600 Wheel and Tire should not come with 12 oz of weight on it brand new. Buyer beware. It's all good until it's not with tire rack. Manager was just as bad. They are now owned by Discount Tire. Better to stay local and Order local.

Original review: May 3, 2022

HORRIBLE experience. Tire Rack's "Customer Service" was pathetic. They screwed up my order in multiple ways, several times. My tires were "delivered", but the installer never received them. Tire Rack "Customer Service" said it wasn't Tire Rack's fault, because you use a third-party delivery service. **!!! Tire Rack CHOSE a third-party delivery service that apparently can't do the job properly (probably the cheapest available, in order to maximize your profits), so it IS your fault! My tires EVENTUALLY showed up, after me spending a total of over two hours on the phone with incompetent people. I will NEVER, EVER use Tire Rack again. Tire Rack should be ashamed of their "Customer Service" department -- it is abhorrent!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Yea not happy with Tirerack. Usually order my tires from there and have no problems. I tried to order rotors and brakes for my car, I placed my order and then got a call back from one of the sales reps saying he doesn't know when the item will but he has another brand in stock and ready to ship. I liked that so I said ok, he switched my order to those and they were shipped right away. They sent me the wrong front discs. They are too big and I can't put the brakes on. I return them and now it seems to be on me to pay for the shipping which is not right, the person who changed my order after they called me messed it up. Now they are asking for my vin number to see if it's a fitment error on their part. What doesn't fit, doesn't fit. I shouldn't have to be paying for the shipment back.

Tire Rack author review by Kathryn Parkman

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country with inventory from 25 tire and 55 wheel brands. Tire Rack has its own testing track, and its website features helpful reviews and educational resources.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Tire Rack Company Information