2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have purchased tires from Tire Rack for many years for a variety of vehicles: Dodge and Ford vans; Nissan 300ZX; Audi A4. I first learned of their services through my son who was buying tires for his Pontiac Firebird. The biggest advantage here is in the variety of tires available and you're not restricted to the 4 - 6 brands and options you'd have to select from at a local dealer. Nor are you forced to change tire models because the local shop doesn't have the match for your current tires.

All the tires I have bought have been top quality, recent production tires. Tire Rack offers all the current marketing discounts like rebates and I've been able to use one of those for my van tires. My most recent purchase of 2 BF Goodrich tires for my Audi A4 Cabriolet arrived in 48 hours! You can't ask for better than that with free shipping! I have a shop a mile from my house that has an agreement with Tire Rack for mounting so that's a flat fee and there has never been any hesitation with that business for mounting tires I have bought outside their shop.

Buying from Tire Rack does put a little responsibility for knowing a bit about tires in general but the website provides the necessary information and comparisons. I tend to buy tires over-rated for my vehicles as I've found that provides better traction, and sometimes longer life. When I first ordered the Goodrich tires for the A4, Tire Rack called to confirm my tire selection. The size matched approved tires for the car but they wanted to confirm the higher rating, so they are not selling tires blindly, and take a moment to make sure things match up. At this point I would be rather upset to be forced to buy a local tire in an emergency instead of using my trusted source, Tire Rack.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Needed new tires for my 2017 Hyundai Elantra and came across TireRack through Google searches. I decided to go with the Firestone Weathergrip because I wanted a good all season radial that was also good with different driving scenarios, highway, light snow/rain, mountains etc. Ordered 4 of the 195/65/R15 size. The TireRack website gave me 2 size options for my vehicle and I confirmed which size I had before placing the order. I used Affirm financing for my payment method and had the tires sent directly to a local NTB. I placed the order on a Sunday and was given a delivery date of Wednesday. I called NTB to let them know about my order and made an appointment with them on Thursday to have the Tires installed.

TireRack sent me a order confirmation email, another email after the tires were shipped via UPS from Delaware on Tuesday and another email when they were delivered to NTB on Wednesday. When I arrived at NTB for my appointment on Thursday the Tires were there, they were the Firestone Weathergrip just as I had ordered and they were the correct size. The installation cost that I was quoted by the TireRack website was in line with what NTB actually charged. I had to take a 500 mile road trip to Elkins West Virginia that following Sunday and wanted the tires on before then. Down the highway, over the hills and through the mountains so far so good.

As of this review I've put just 600 miles on the tires in various conditions with no issues. They came with 2 year road Hazzard protection that I haven't had to use yet so I can't comment on that. Firestone offered a $60 rebate with the submission of my TireRack invoice which I received [the invoice] via regular mail in just a week. I never spoke to a live person with TireRack. I did everything through the website. Bottom line is my experience so far has been great. Ordering was easy enough, received exactly what I ordered when I was supposed to receive it and TireRack was very good about communicating with me via email.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

So I'm writing this review for someone who is considering TireRack.com and is hesitant because Consumer Affairs has a lot of negative reviews. I am not paid for this, and I have not been asked to write this - I simply came across this site's rating of TireRack.com and saw all the <4 star reviews, and it seemed obvious it was my fault for not writing a positive 5-star review before. Keep in mind that many (most?) TireRack.com customers are not thinking about writing a review after we get our tires.

Every time I've ordered a tire that was in stock over 10+ years (starting in the early 2000's), I've received it. Every time TireRack.com has quoted a shipping time, the tires have arrived on time. TireRack.com has not lost control of my customer or payment information, I have not received an email from them I didn't want (don't opt-in or else unsubscribe from newsletters if you don't want to hear from them, it worked for me). Every time I've called or emailed Customer Service with a question or issue, it has been resolved to my satisfaction. I have zero complaints about them and I want to suggest as a long time customer that this is also your most likely outcome when buying from them yourself.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Drove from Canada to Florida and had a blowout in Frostproof, FL. I had to drive on the flat to get off the highway; the Blizzak Snow tire was damaged, of course. A friend recommended a local tire shop that said it would take a week to get a replacement, at $200. I could not drive on the small spare for a week, so phoned Tirerack and they got me one for $138. It was Saturday so they said delivery would start Monday (from Delaware) and it would arrive at the tire shop on Wednesday. FREE shipping. And it did arrive, via UPS Ground, at 2pm Wednesday and by 3pm I was on my way.

The Tirerack sales person on the phone was very good, explaining several important aspects about snow tires, including quick wear in warm weather. He offered to answer questions but I did not have any. They offer an extra tire warranty free, but that does not apply to vehicles from Canada; would be nice though, if I lived in the US. Based on this experience, I would certainly buy tires from this company again. (They do ship to Canada too but I have not checked out how that would work.)

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I'm not reviewing tires, since I would go to a tire sales site for that. Recently purchased my second complete set of tires from Tire Rack. First set was just tires which were sent to a local service station that I use regularly. They did not have any tires with the features and strong reviews I was looking for. Other local places either wouldn't quote what I wanted or didn't want to work with a tire that wasn't part of their regular rotation.

The tires also weren't the OEM size but two different installers said that if the tire width and/or diameter were within certain ranges they would have no issue. Information on the Tire Rack website allowed me to calculate the differences and determine that it was a safe installation. Ordered the tires and they were delivered within two days. We are relatively close to their Indiana distribution and there was no warning of low inventory on their site. The installation had no surprises and proceeded exactly as Tire Rack specified. Of course, I was dealing with local people that I am a repeat customer of.

Second recent replacement set, on a different vehicle, was a complete wheel/tire/TPMS set. Old steel wheels were rusting and bent and tires hard and lumpy. TPMS was years past the expected life of the batteries so it made sense to replace all. Paid for the mounting and balancing and had the tires delivered to my work so they didn't sit outside my garage door for the day. Paying for the complete package got me mounted/balanced/TPMS installed. Centering rings were installed in the wheels and held in place so they didn't come loose in shipping. One wheel also had a package inside that had the new lugs and a very good quality socket and Gorilla brand extension wrench for installing. Since I already have a Gorilla kit, I can keep this compact wrench and socket with the truck.

I haven't had to deal with any warranty or road hazard claims with Tire Rack. That is why I said the product/department I was reviewing was "Online Sales". That is my only concern with online purchases, but the local guys either weren't helpful or didn't want to order tires that weren't their brands. I had the luxury of time to do lots of research. Tire Rack did not have all the information I needed, but they do have more than any other single site.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I looked for the best performance tire for my X3 M40i BMW. I located a set of four Pzero Pirelli Pz4 tires. The delivery took one day and both the person who took the order and the person who delivered the tires were excellent. We were provided a list of installation professionals for installation purposes. We had the tires installed at local Big-O tire center and we are off and running.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Super easy tire purchase. Definitely use it again. I live in a super remote area and we just got over a foot of snow, but the delivery was right on time. It was great to sift through all the different tires with all the different reviews of each.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I’ve been using Tire Rack for years already. I’ve done it all from purchasing brakes/tires, returning items, and even submitting claims from their 3rd party road hazard protection. So far I’ve had a great experience with every single aspect.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Searching for hard to find tires for my classic car. Found them here with very competitive pricing. The free shipping was amazing and super fast! Also, they can set you up with local businesses to have the tires installed. I recommend Tire Rack for your needs!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I have dealt with Tire Rack for a number of years and on a number of vehicles. Both cars & trucks. Tire Rack has always given me pair prices, quality tires & rims and have always been there to help if I needed it. They have always had great choices and means to compare. Thanks for all the good work.

Byron

Tire Rack author review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country packed with inventory from 21 major tire and 58 wheel brands. Their prices are competitive and their expertise is unmatched. Tire Rack has its own track to put tires to the test lap after lap, so you know exactly how a tire performs.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information