2.5/5 (256 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I purchased 4 Michelin tires from Tire Rack plus 3 years extended warranty. After 2 years with 17,600 miles, the two tires in the back going bad. I called customer service, the first gentleman give me claims number and tell me go to any tires shop and show the to replace the tires. I went to Tires Discount (Who own the Tire Rack), the Tires Discount contact Tire Rack and get the different information. Tire Rack want me to pay first and submit the receipt to get reimbursed.

I called Tire Rack (again) and this time the lady said my tires have no warranty, I show the receipt with warranty information certificate and she said that is not show on my file and she could locate my account due to the system is down. I called again that afternoon and another customer service want me to upload receipt and pictures of tires for reviewing. I did all they asked and the day later they denied my claims. Stop do business with this company. This is scammers. They just want the money and try to run away or denied the claims. That what they do best.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I purchased a set of Stoptech crossed drilled rotors from Tire Rack for my 1999 Miata. Unfortunately, the new rear rotors make a loud scraping noise every time I apply the brakes. I took the car to two independent mechanic shops and both said everything looks fine, so either the pads or the rotors were defective. I narrowed down the issue by swapping out the pads, but the noise remains. Then I swapped out the rotors, and the noise disappeared. The problem was with the new rotors.

To my disappointment, Tire Rack customer service was of no help and tried to blame it on overheating issue and refused to do an exchange or refund. Even though the noise was present at 0 miles and 500 miles, before bedding and after bedding, made no difference in the noise at all. They tried to blame it on the pads being glazed, but the same pads on different rotors worked perfectly. After asking more questions, they became non-responsive.

Although, I lost about $140 on this bad purchase, Tire Rack has lost a long-time customer. I will never purchase anything from Tire Rack again since they don't stand by the products they sell. It was a lesson learned for me and they can only rip me off once. Fortunately, there are many vendors we can buy from with better customer service and warranty policies. Do not trust Tire Rack if you need to return or exchange something. They will only sell you products and don't care if you have problems with the products they sold.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Just spent $2,500 on brand new wheels and tires for a Ford F-150. I picked them up at the warehouse Distribution Center in Delaware. When I brought them to mount them, I noticed that one of the wheels had over 12 oz of weights on it. I called customer service and they asked if it was vibrating, and I said no and they said well then there's nothing they're going to do about it. And honestly, I think their customer service is a little bit condescending in this situation. I've been buying from Tire Rack for the last 20 years and this will be the last time. A $600 Wheel and Tire should not come with 12 oz of weight on it brand new. Buyer beware. It's all good until it's not with tire rack. Manager was just as bad. They are now owned by Discount Tire. Better to stay local and Order local.

Original review: May 3, 2022

HORRIBLE experience. Tire Rack's "Customer Service" was pathetic. They screwed up my order in multiple ways, several times. My tires were "delivered", but the installer never received them. Tire Rack "Customer Service" said it wasn't Tire Rack's fault, because you use a third-party delivery service. **!!! Tire Rack CHOSE a third-party delivery service that apparently can't do the job properly (probably the cheapest available, in order to maximize your profits), so it IS your fault! My tires EVENTUALLY showed up, after me spending a total of over two hours on the phone with incompetent people. I will NEVER, EVER use Tire Rack again. Tire Rack should be ashamed of their "Customer Service" department -- it is abhorrent!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Yea not happy with Tirerack. Usually order my tires from there and have no problems. I tried to order rotors and brakes for my car, I placed my order and then got a call back from one of the sales reps saying he doesn't know when the item will but he has another brand in stock and ready to ship. I liked that so I said ok, he switched my order to those and they were shipped right away. They sent me the wrong front discs. They are too big and I can't put the brakes on. I return them and now it seems to be on me to pay for the shipping which is not right, the person who changed my order after they called me messed it up. Now they are asking for my vin number to see if it's a fitment error on their part. What doesn't fit, doesn't fit. I shouldn't have to be paying for the shipment back.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

This company will repeatedly lie to your face about shipping. I ordered tires to arrive on the 14th of January. They didn't even hand the tires off to UPS until near midnight on the 13th. So of course there is no way they could arrive in time. After some run around I get in touch with a representative who says they will order a reshipment so I can get the tires delivered on the 15th. I never receive any new shipping information. I have to call them back and discover they just NEVER DID IT. So now they say the best they can do is the 18TH.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

This review is strictly for Kerry and Hanna (supervisor) only. These 2 employees went above and beyond helping me with several issues during and after my orders. Everyone else I spoke to within the company either lied or mislead me, which was unnecessary! Hanna truly has customer service skills that are exceptional and mastered. Others should take a class from her to learn how to deal with customers and not use misleading or lying statements to make a sale. If we call we want to buy no need in giving volunteer lies. Meaning don't tell me an untruth if I did not ask you. I wish to thank you both from the bottom of my heart. You both have beauty inside and out and truly care about people in general not the bottom line (dollars). Mykal

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I live in Fairbanks, AK; to get fast and fair shipping is rare. Tire Rack went above and beyond. 3 days for 4 wheels, shipping under $100. Unheard of here. I am used to seeing shipping as much as product or more. Or after the shipping estimator gives a reasonable price then find out at checkout can't do it or charge way more. Not Tire Rack. Spot on. Makes this Alaskan feel like Tire Rack knows Alaska is actually part of the U.S.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Ordered a full set of wheels & tires. 8 months in a wheel cracked. Had it evaluated by a couple tire shops & some aerospace engineers who work for me. Crack started at a black mark (latent defect). No warranty coverage. Ordered replacement while on the phone with the “fitment specialist” & received the incorrect offset. I requested return & because I drove from the tire shop to my house so as to not pay for additional services. They’re not allowing return of the wrong unit (they shipped). Retired USAF Lt Col here…I strongly encourage you spend your money for wheels elsewhere. They don’t stand by them, then they can’t cure when there’s an issue.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Stay clear from Tire Rack. They are dishonest and don't honor their guarantees. You know, when you're looking for tires, and you're thinking, hey, you know what that "two-year road hazard included" sounds good. Guess what. TireRack doesn't honor it. Here's my story. Short story: DO NOT buy from TireRack. Stay away at all costs. Longer story: I bought 4 tires in 2019 for $1,069.88 from TireRack, then another 4 245/45R18 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat MO Run Flats in 2021 for $1,125.18. All the time, I thought, "you know what? It's comforting to know that in case something happens to these tires, they're covered." Well, after running TireRack tires for 3-years, something did happen. One of the tires blew out while on the highway. Yes, I was safe. Yes, it wasn't cool.

About the time I was thinking bummer, I need to get new tires now, I thought, "Hey, wait, I had the "two-year road hazard included." So, awesome, I'll give TireRack a quick call and have a credit to buy new tires. Well, not so fast. I called TireRack. Apparently, they don't handle those claims. They contracted this out to **. Okay, no problem, find their website and submit the claim. I follow up. Nothing. I follow up again, nothing. Four months later, I get a cryptic reply that I need the TireRack receipt for the tires and the install receipt for the tires. I emailed ASAP Tire, who emailed me the invoice within minutes, which I forward to ** to complete my claim. Now they say they don't have enough paperwork. Hey, there is no more paperwork. First, 100% of this transaction was done through TireRack; second, I forward the paperwork 3x over 4 months.

Bottom line TireRack, hiding behind ** doesn't honor their "two-year road hazard included." If you care about your car and are familiar with running on tires you feel are protected, you won't find them at TireRack. Don't waste your time as I did, preserve your time and family's safety, and go with a company that cares about their customers and the safety of their customers—and that my friend isn't TireRack.

Tire Rack author review by Kathryn Parkman

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country with inventory from 25 tire and 55 wheel brands. Tire Rack has its own testing track, and its website features helpful reviews and educational resources.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Tire Rack Company Information