2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Drove from Canada to Florida and had a blowout in Frostproof, FL. I had to drive on the flat to get off the highway; the Blizzak Snow tire was damaged, of course. A friend recommended a local tire shop that said it would take a week to get a replacement, at $200. I could not drive on the small spare for a week, so phoned Tirerack and they got me one for $138. It was Saturday so they said delivery would start Monday (from Delaware) and it would arrive at the tire shop on Wednesday. FREE shipping. And it did arrive, via UPS Ground, at 2pm Wednesday and by 3pm I was on my way.

The Tirerack sales person on the phone was very good, explaining several important aspects about snow tires, including quick wear in warm weather. He offered to answer questions but I did not have any. They offer an extra tire warranty free, but that does not apply to vehicles from Canada; would be nice though, if I lived in the US. Based on this experience, I would certainly buy tires from this company again. (They do ship to Canada too but I have not checked out how that would work.)

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I'm not reviewing tires, since I would go to a tire sales site for that. Recently purchased my second complete set of tires from Tire Rack. First set was just tires which were sent to a local service station that I use regularly. They did not have any tires with the features and strong reviews I was looking for. Other local places either wouldn't quote what I wanted or didn't want to work with a tire that wasn't part of their regular rotation.

The tires also weren't the OEM size but two different installers said that if the tire width and/or diameter were within certain ranges they would have no issue. Information on the Tire Rack website allowed me to calculate the differences and determine that it was a safe installation. Ordered the tires and they were delivered within two days. We are relatively close to their Indiana distribution and there was no warning of low inventory on their site. The installation had no surprises and proceeded exactly as Tire Rack specified. Of course, I was dealing with local people that I am a repeat customer of.

Second recent replacement set, on a different vehicle, was a complete wheel/tire/TPMS set. Old steel wheels were rusting and bent and tires hard and lumpy. TPMS was years past the expected life of the batteries so it made sense to replace all. Paid for the mounting and balancing and had the tires delivered to my work so they didn't sit outside my garage door for the day. Paying for the complete package got me mounted/balanced/TPMS installed. Centering rings were installed in the wheels and held in place so they didn't come loose in shipping. One wheel also had a package inside that had the new lugs and a very good quality socket and Gorilla brand extension wrench for installing. Since I already have a Gorilla kit, I can keep this compact wrench and socket with the truck.

I haven't had to deal with any warranty or road hazard claims with Tire Rack. That is why I said the product/department I was reviewing was "Online Sales". That is my only concern with online purchases, but the local guys either weren't helpful or didn't want to order tires that weren't their brands. I had the luxury of time to do lots of research. Tire Rack did not have all the information I needed, but they do have more than any other single site.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Fantastic company. Only company that carried white wall tires in the size I needed for my Town Car. I ordered online on Weds and received them on Friday afternoon. I would recommend this company for any tire needs.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I ordered tires and wheels. They came in wrong. Returned them. They credited me for 3 out of 4 tires and told me I damaged one and placed it on my car. My car has been in the shop and they were never on.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Paid for wheels and tires in March to find out everything I order was on backorder into July 17. Once the 17 came I get a email saying they need payment for something that was already paid for. So I ended up cancelling the order but now I'm out $1,500. Please people don't shop with them...

Original review: June 25, 2020

Company refused to cover Road Hazard warranty. Tire developed a bubble on the side wall soon after purchase and was not able to be replaced until after COVID-19 pandemic. Company denied claim - saying I did not contact them for 60 days so they closed the claim and refuse to reopen. The tire was defective and potential dangerous.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I got on the Tire Rack site looking for lug nuts. I bought new rims for my car. When I asked them on the chatline what lug nuts that were suitable for the rims they said he could not help me because we did not buy the rims from them. Very unsatisfied with customer NO SERVICE! The rims are available through them but I did not buy from them so they could not help me. It won't happen again!

Original review: May 27, 2020

This place is the worse place I've ever dealt with! I purchased a set of wheels for my 2500 Dodge ram truck and was very specific about what size I needed, even repeated it to the agent whom took my order three times. Upon receiving my tires, went to the tire store to have them put on only to find out that they had sent me the wrong size. While my truck is sitting there with no wheels on it, I call customer service to explain to them that they had sent the wrong size. The customer service agent I talked to was acting as if it were not big deal and says they'll refund me after I send the tires back and they are inspected. Meanwhile I call back into the sales dept. to see what another set is gonna cost only to find out that they don't make that wheel in the size I need. So upon thinking about it decided to keep the new wheels because I had already seen them and fell in love with them. With that being said I was now forced into buying a new set of tires now.

Called back to customer service and told them I have decided to keep the rims because I liked them so well and that I felt they should make it right with me because I am now spending out more than anticipated. Their response was, "Well we'll give you back 25 dollars per wheel." Whoa that's the best you can do after you cost me another 1,000 dollars! This company is so shady and I highly recommend you shop around and Don't Buy From This Company!!!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I purchased high performance Goodyear tires from them for my Miata. One of them shredded itself while I was driving down the highway. Since it was in pieces and all over the highway, I could not retrieve the serial number for the specific tire that failed, so the warranty I paid for was not honored. I could give them the numbers on the three tires that did not fail and they could have figured the other one out, but they refused to do that. For just a few dollars difference, I could have purchased from the local tire shop where they actually honor their warranties.

Original review: March 11, 2020

They say next day delivery yet after one day all you have is a tracking number that won't track. You try to call the 888 number and they are closed and you are left hanging. Car is waiting as am I and no info on when you might get your tires. NEVER AGAIN.

Tire Rack author review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country packed with inventory from 21 major tire and 58 wheel brands. Their prices are competitive and their expertise is unmatched. Tire Rack has its own track to put tires to the test lap after lap, so you know exactly how a tire performs.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information