Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

107 Tire Rack Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Please buy Tires from Sam's Club or Costco since their prices and tire repair warranty is way better than TireRack.com. TireRack.com use this "Sonsio" company and they only pay partial amount for repair. Even they state $25 but they only pay for patch but not for installation or tax. Bad way of doing business Tire Rack!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I only drive highway and work in a small town. I bought cheaper tires for my work car and after 20k miles the tread started to split apart (I say cheaper tires due to the cost). I contacted Tire Rack and submitted pictures, tread depth and mileage all from the garage, per Tirerack.com's request. About 2 hours later I got a callback, "Sorry but we cannot approve warranty due to tread punctures from road hazards." Funny these tires (x4) have no patches or plugs etc. But the car fails inspection due to the tread ripping. Also these are only driven during the summer months and I have a separate set for the winter. They did offer to give me 15% off buying a new set from them.

Sorry but I won't buy from Tirerack.com nor will I buy that brand of tire again. If I did buy cheaper tires and the manufacturing of the rubber failed before the tread wore out that is a warranty claim. But to not honor the claim based on other road punctures is crap. There isn't any holes in these tires and if there was why would that void the warranty (manufacturing) process of a tire. Neither one held up to their end.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Bought a set of 4 tires Cooper to be exact. Once a week there has been a bubble or two or three on the tires and inner wall BUBBLES. Let me guess sat in a warehouse for months dry rotting only to be sold to us. Please go to your local tire store that way any problems occur and you can revisit the store instead of dealing with BS from Andy. Also let a message for his Boss Bonnie ** still waiting on a return call... Told this company my daughter is driving this vehicle and her safety rides on them. They could care less!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I've bought four sets of Michelin and Bridgestone tires from Tire Rack in the last 10 years or so and have always received accurate e-mails confirming shipping. I'm in the S.F Bay Area and the tires come from their warehouse in the Reno area in 3 or 4 days to my nearby installer. I damaged a tire a couple years ago (4"sidewall blister) and took it to my installer who called Tire Rack and initiated a road hazard claim. They said they would send a free tire out and I was so pleased with the process that I paid for another tire to replace my shaky spare tire. Can't get better service than that!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Ordered set of truck tires on 9-2-18, all was well until I took the truck to the dealership and they notified me the "NEW" tire I got were made 3 years ago. So I called Tire Rack and they informed me that it said in the description they were from old stock. There was nothing on their site that noted this. I did however figure out on the invoice that is has "old" crammed together in the part number 765SR8WATAOWL2OLD. Also in the small print in a paragraph to the right 113/110SC2014 STOCK. Again nothing on their site to indicate that the tires are aged, only after the sale was made and delivered. And of course they offered to return the tires. What a joke, first I have to find my old tires or another new set and pay to have them removed and mounted & balanced again. Lesson learned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Tire Rack advertises free road hazard protection and is a complete false rip off! First of all don't make the same mistake I did. READ THE 3 PAGE WARRANTY FOR TIRES FIRST. It is basically saying, "We won't for PAY for anything," and the demands they have for using this nonwarranty warranty are not worth the hassle and headaches of dealing with.

I bought 2 tires and both blew out in the middle of the night. At this hour who is going to photograph the proof or l was just happy to get off the highway safe. When I called Tire Rack they wanted photos and documentation out the ying yang to get a little bit of prorated credit but only if I purchase the next tires from them. So what should I do, leave my car parked on the interstate for days till I can re-order and argue with them over a nonexistent warranty and go thru their painstaking interrogation and prove my tires blew out? NO THANKS. NEVER AGAIN!! Even local tire shops won't help you. I found out because they say "you did not buy your tires from us". I will buy my tires local even if I have to spend a few dollars more and have far fewer headaches in the long run. They are a terrible company to deal with as evidenced by the number of complaints I read online about them proves me right! STAY AWAY FROM TIRE RACK.COM.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have bought tires from Tire Rack for years. I have always been satisfied. The “free” Road Hazard Insurance only covers a new tire if your tire is not repairable. Obviously, a new tire has to be mounted right? Tire Rack plan doesn’t cover the $42.50 price. What kind of Road Hazard policy doesn’t cover mounting - Tire Rack’s. What a rip off!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Had multiple problems with my order. First, tracking showed that only 3 of the 4 tires got delivered to installer, so I waited until couple days later I called the installer and they confirmed they have all 4 tires. Next, installer I picked refused to install them saying the car is too big and they don't have the right equipment, so I had to pick them up and find another installer. One of them said on the phone they would not do the tire rack installation because in order to do this, tires should have been shipped to them. Finally found installer that worked for my schedule, and asked them on the phone if installation pricing on the tire rack website was accurate. When I arrived for installation they said that TR messed up their pricing and I had to pay $5 more. Lastly, sent email about all of this to tire rack and never even got a response.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Customer for 15 years. Paid 600 for 2 tires. They said it would be there in 3 days. So I purchased. They called back saying now they had to send from different area. I did not get messages in timely manner. So they didn't overnight them and now I have to wait 7 days. Lady told me I would have to pay for overnight shipping. It was their mistake in the first place. Why didn't they just overnight them when they realized they messed up. They offered me 100 bucks. How is 100 bucks gonna help with no car? Well my couple thousands I would have spent later on will. No car for a week now. Will not do business with them again!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Tire Rack sent two bad tires to me and they did not do what the website said - one tire was out of balance by 6.5 ounces, the other was out close to that. It took me six trips to Discount Tire to fix this mess and two exchanged tires later and they are charging buyer's tax and then telling you that the state you're from is forcing them to do this **. All other online tire sellers are not doing this. Beware. Buy your tires from your local tire shop and not have to go through this crap.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have been buying from Tire Rack for 20 years. Never had an issue with the service or product until now. I bought a new set of race tires and rims, heat cycled and balanced shipped to my door. Bolted them on, check air pressure and went racing. The weights mounted on the tires jettisoned off while I was at speed on the track causing a major vibration ending my weekend at the track. I let them know, with pictures, and they offer to pay for balancing. What? Don't you want to know why this happened so you can avoid any future issues? Mounting error? Maybe? Tape issue? Maybe? Nope. Here was their reply..."For track use you should look into covering those weights with some aluminum tape." I'm sick in my gut and thankful nothing serious happened. These weights were rather larger and my car hits over 120MPH. Amateur customer service and a passive approach to resolving an issue makes my gut hurt more. So sad...

Original review: July 28, 2018

I ordered a complete set of wheels/tires through their wheel and tire package. I knew that they were a little bit more expensive than other vendors, but I figured that it'd be worth my peace of mind since they would mount, balance, and install the sensors. I had them shipped to an authorized installer and after installing them, I noticed that my TPMS light came on. I figured that they just needed to be reset, so I brought them back to the shop and they told me there were never any sensors installed. I showed them my receipt from Tire Rack and so they unmounted the tire and we didn't find any sensors. I took pictures and sent them to Tire Rack. After repeated back and forth communication, they agreed to send out new sensors and pay for labor. I finally got everything completed, but I could have saved a ton of money just buying the tires/wheels/sensors separately... So much for my peace of mind...

Original review: July 24, 2018

My dealings with Tire Rack are honestly the worst I have ever experienced. I ordered a $2800 tire and wheel package and learned two days later the wheel I wanted was on back order. In my initial order of those wheels I also requested TPMS sensors be installed. Tire Rack was not the cheapest on the tires or wheels but I thought it would be convenient for it to arrive at my house all mounted and balanced.

When I was informed via email my wheels were on back order I was offered to swap out to other in stock wheels. After three emails going backing and forth between Jim ** and myself, I called and left a message for him to call me. I never got that return call but I did get an email where my order shipped with a wheel that was in stock that I did not approve! Worse yet, the wheels and tires were mounted without TPMS sensors that my truck requires and I ordered.

Businesses make mistakes but how they handle them is where the rubber meets the road. Tire Rack couldn’t have been more ambivalent to the mistake they made. It was basically my problem that the order was placed for wheels I didn’t approve and their solution to the TPMS problem was to offer a discount on the sensors and take a day off to have the newly mounted tires dismounted so sensors could be properly installed. I will never do business with Tire Rack again and will do my very best to make others aware of their lackluster business practices. First negative review I have ever had to do on a business. Most care enough to resolve your concerns.

Original review: July 11, 2018

If you've ever had a tire that didn't live up to it's warranty, you know that they make it pretty difficult to get the money they owe you. Now imagine if the retailer you bought it from was online? You would think they would have to have things in place to make warranty's easy to handle... but if you thought that you'd be wrong! I bought some General Tires that barely made it past 50% of their warranty. In my 34 years of driving, that would be about the WORST a tire has ever performed. When I looked at my tire rack order, they directed me to call General Tires, and General Tires directed me to a local dealer. When I called the local dealer, they told me that they would only warranty tires purchased through them. So I called Tire Rack.

Now Tire Rack assured me that they would honor the warranty. And at first I was happy... until they told me that the "free" shipping of the defective tires would cost me $7 per tire. Then, they told me that if I didn't buy the replacement tires through them, the shipping would NOT be free (and would likely cost me more than they would give me for the warranty!). As far as I'm concerned, if I don't get the money, there is NO warranty. Requiring me to purchase the new tires through them to actually get the money I'm due is ridiculous.

First, the defective tires are down to 1/32", which means they need to be replaced right away. Tire Rack's shipping could take a week, and it could take another week to get the tires mounted and balanced. Meanwhile, I'm driving around on the old tires diminishing the amount of money I'll get from the warranty (because it will be based upon the mileage when they are removed, not the mileage when I discovered that they were defective.) The bottom line? Don't buy tires from TireRack.com. I just did a price comparison, and my local tire vendor actually has BETTER prices on the same tires. And guess what? They'll stand behind the products they sell, and it won't take weeks for installation. If you own TireRack.com stock. Sell!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I recently contacted customer service about an order I had placed 5 years ago. I was looking for specific information about one of the items from the order, that I could not find by my own online research. My initial contact was done over the weekend. Early Monday I received an email reply (all of the communication was through their email contact) asking for the original order information and offering a resolution that I did not expect, let alone even ask for. After a couple of additional email communications there was a replacement part on it's way to my daughter, which had moved halfway across the country since the original order had been placed and fulfilled. Monetarily, this wasn't much, but still, I was more than satisfied with the service received from Tire Rack for something they had no obligation to provide. I have been an online TR customer for 20+ years. It is little things like this that will keep me returning for next 20+ years.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Here's what I know about TR: the quality of what I ordered is on par with what I paid and the service was just fine. I'm happy with my purchase from Tire Rack. I decided to write this simply because the reviews I'm finding online do not align with my experience. I worked in service for many years, and found people tend to share opinions more easily when they feel slighted or ripped off (even when, in reality, they just wanted special treatment and didn't get it). I placed my order on the Friday before Memorial Day, a holiday weekend. On Saturday, I got a call from a friendly rep saying the wheels were back ordered until August. Well, no one orders tires two months before they need them, so I decided on a replacement set and confirmed the change order. They were shipped on Tuesday, and delivered on Thursday. Worth noting this would have been much quicker had I not ordered on a holiday weekend.

I inspected each tire and wheel for visible dents, bends, warping, and bulges and found none. The counterweights are pretty minimal (0.5-1.0 oz) discretely attached to the inner circumference of the rim. No vibration or anything on PA highways (70+ mph). Very quiet, too. The reason I'm giving four stars and not five is simple: the wheel set I initially ordered was a fantastic deal and it turned out to be back ordered for two months. I find it hard to believe that a national eCommerce retailer doesn't have sufficient inventory management logistics to say on the website when a part is back ordered.

I understand not every order goes perfectly, especially for such a large retailer, but this is a common criticism of Tire Rack and felt a little disingenuous to me. To reiterate, I'm satisfied with this purchase. For under $1000, I got decent wheels and premium summer tires mounted, balanced, and delivered to my house. The car looks great and the tires feel excellent. I'd definitely order from them again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased some rims for my wife's car just under a year ago. Recently one of the wheels was losing tire pressure. I had her bring the car in and was told corrosion was starting to form on the bead seating area. I contacted Tire Rack. They wanted pictures of the corrosion. I had my wife bring the car back to have the tire dismounted and pictures taken. I sent them in and Tire Rack replied telling me that if that the area of corrosion was not in the seating area. If that was the case, why did it leak in the first place?

I responded telling them, the wheel made it almost a year without leaking. They said I should use some bead sealant to make the repair. I told them that corrosion will not just go away. That it is going to come back. I asked for a manager name and extension number so I could talk with them. They responded that corrosion was not a warrantable condition. These rims a only one year old. I don't believe they should have this type of issue at this time.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I bought 4 wheels for my car, and I was told that I can return them if there is something wrong with them. I put them on my car, and the car drove badly. It was shaking and vibrating, and you can feel every bump on the road, so I went to the dealer and they said the wheels are the cause, so I called the company and they refused to return it, and here I am stuck with those rims. The customer service over the phone was rude, and she did nothing to help me. This is the worst customer service I had experienced. Trust me, think twice before you buy from tirerack.com.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have never written a bad review for any company, but my dealings with Tire Rack have been an absolute nightmare. I purchased a pre-mounted & balanced wheel/tire pack package for a brand new car. When the wheels arrived, I had them put on by a local Firestone tire shop. Immediately, I had a vibration, and thought one must be out of balance. I returned to the shop and had them checked and rebalanced. It did not fix the vibration, or wobble, in the wheel. The next week, I went to another shop to have them checked. Four tire shops later, and after a decent amount of time, it kept getting worse... And the tire was developing irregular tread wear.

At first, we thought the actual tire was causing the issue, so I contacted Tire Rack for their recommendations. They requested multiple things, including pictures and tread depth measurements. I provided the requested materials, which resulted in no further help. Finally, one shop (Walmart) called me out to watch the wheel as it rotated on the balancing machine, showing me that there was a bend in the wheel... which was the reason for the wobble/vibration FROM DAY ONE. They explained that this was the reason the tire was wearing “choppy.” The shop recommended not rotating it, leaving it on the rear of the car.

I had already been in contact with Tire Rack, trying to get all the tests done that they requested, as three previous shops had expressed concern with the tire/wheel. I felt like Tire Rack was giving me the runaround, as I tried to accommodate all of their requests… regardless of my extremely busy schedule. I ended up spending more money trying to get the wheel/tire checked out than I would have just repurchasing a new one in the first place. Eventually the representative at Tire Rack stopped responding to my calls and emails after I completed the last requested tests (bare rim runout). I got through to Tire Rack on social media and got a new representative, for them to only ask for more info. and more testing.

Long story short, I purchased a new wheel because the tire had a blowout due to the bouncing on the highway, from the bent wheel. I purchased another wheel in advance and shipped the wheel back to Tire Rack for inspection, so I could get a refund. I receive the email today that Tire Rack will not warranty the wheel because it was “bent from impact.” I ordered them pre-mounted, and it was out-of-round (bent) on the inner barrel toward the inner rim. This part of the wheel is covered by the tire!

I also took plenty of pictures and videos of the wheel rotating of the balancing machine for proof that there had been no impact to the wheel. There were absolutely paint chips, scratches, scuffs, abrasions, or anything of the sort. I have multiple vehicles, and this is not an issue of trying to get something for free. The company shipped me a bad product and would not stand behind it. I will now post this review to social media, as I have spent twice the amount that it would’ve have just buying a new wheel and eating it in the first place. Will never purchase from Tire Rack again, and would not recommend!

*Tire Rack representative called me back, and knows from sitting in her office that there is no possible way that Tire Rack sent out a wheel with any kind of defect. “I could have hit a pothole, and bent a rim, as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot from having them put on the car.” “I should have been an “ADULT” and assumed the bent rim was the issue and filed an immediate complaint, rather than not knowing that much about wheels and tires, and thinking that it was a balancing issue. Wasting my time trying to get it re-balanced. She went on to tell me that there is no way I can prove that it came from the factory bent, therefore… It is not their responsibility.”

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought a set of tires on sale from Tire Rack with the advertisement stating they were of 2014 production year which makes them a 4-year-old tire and tires have a 5-year expiration date. After purchasing I was sent an email that stated ‘2012 production year’ making them a year expired. I called the customer service and she verified after contacting the warehouse that I would be sent 2014 tires. The next day they were delivered with a DOT from 2011! After calling the same customer service rep she stated that she would take care of the situation and find me the tires and blaming a computer mishap to the advertisement error.

Two days later the best she could find me were 2013 production year tires which already make them expired and still did not comply with their advertisement of 2014 production year tires. She said she could not give me a newer tire and only offered me a refund to my purchase. I am still in shock of how poor the customer service has been after they advertised falsely and would not rectify the error that they made. This has been one week since the original purchase and my initial complaint following the first email and they still have not fixed the ‘error’ in advertising and still have ‘2014 production year’ on the sale item. It is illegal for any reputable tire company to even mount tires over 5 years old and they are selling these dangerous expired tires to people with the false advertisement of a non expired tire. I will never do business with Tire Rack again because of this incident.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased 4 Wheels with 4 TPMS sensors already installed on the wheels, had them shipped to my local installer whom I've felt with for decades and purchased 4 Tires from my installer. The day after installation I had my vehicle towed back to my installer with two flat tires. They took everything apart in front of me and showed me two sensors were leaking from a seal. They showed me they were installed incorrectly and Tire Rack put the rubber seals on in the wrong location when Tire Rack installed the sensors to the wheels.

Tire Rack claimed my local installer should have seen this before installing the tires and I saw in person that there was no way of seeing this without taking everything apart prior to installing the tires to the wheels. After all of this the lady I spoke with at Tire Rack said after the local installer installs the tires there is a piece that apparently breaks away from the sensor after air is added to the tires, that the installer never did properly... BS, I'll never deal with Tire Rack again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I went on tirerack.com to buy rims. I went through all and clicked thru all the options about my specific truck. I get rims and now they make my tires rub against upper control arm. I contacted Tire Rack. They said my tires are too big. They are the same exact size I have had on there for years. Ridiculous in my opinion. So now I am stuck with the wrong size rims that make my tires rub. That they said would fit my truck which they don't.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I ordered a set of 4 wheels from Tire Rack recently. Their website said that the estimated delivery date was going to be Wednesday, March 21. The package tracking from OnTrac said that they would be delivered by 10:30am. I stayed home from work to receive the delivery, and when it got to the afternoon, I figured I would call OnTrac to figure out what was going on. They said that they had received the package to their San Jose facility a bit late that morning, and so it wasn't going to be delivered that day. I asked them to please deliver it the next day. They assured me it would be delivered the next day by 10:30am. I called Tire Rack, hoping they could do something. They told me the delivery was late and that they would refund half my shipping fees. Ok, well at least it was something. If it had been the end of the story, I would have been happy, and felt that customer service was ok.

Fast forward to today. The package was supposed to arrive by 10:30am. It's now 2pm, and no package. I called OnTrac again, and they have now lost my packages and have no idea where they are. I then called Tire Rack again. The agent I spoke to said that their information is that it's still on the truck, but they can't talk to anyone because their people who deal with this aren't working right now, so they will call me the next day. No resolution, no apology, no offer to make things right. I now have no idea when my wheels are coming, I've wasted 2 days, and am generally appalled at the lack of customer service.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I purchased a set of wheels from Tire Rack on February 22nd and they shipped later that day. They arrived the 24th. I opened the boxes to find that each wheel had damage and rust on them. I contacted Tire Rack on Monday the 26th of February during work hours and I was asked for pictures; 15 pictures were sent. All in individual emails since they were large. I re-emailed them the next day to hear back two days later on the 28th. I was told that they are sending me new wheels but they have to wait for American Racing to send them the wheels then they would ship them directly to me, which doesn't make sense but a poorly managed company will do that. The email also stated that when the new wheels comes in, I can use the new boxes to send the old wheels back in.

I never received an RA number or any other return directions pertaining to my order. I waited a few days to recontact since nobody reached out since. March 1st, I received an email with their return policy. Awesome. March 5th I hear back from Kasey (the CS person who I was emailing and calling) after an email wanting to know some kind of information about my return. I was given a new order number and I was told new tracking numbers will be sent to me when they are shipped out. Thanks for something! March 10th, I email Kasey again asking about the tracking numbers. She stated that they had not received the wheels yet from American Racing. After hearing nothing, the wheels arrived randomly March 17 later on in the day. Finally; something.

I bring the boxes into my garage to find only the white straps around the boxes without any kind of tape securing them. I cut the plastic and take the wheels out to find all of the wheels damaged again with chips and rust. I was done at that point. I emailed Kasey the next day on Sunday the 18th and heard back Monday the 19th of March in the morning. Kasey asked for pictures which I gladly sent. I didn't hear anything after. I called the next day and spoke with another representative that told me that she didn't see anything in my account about me sending pictures and that she'll leave a note for Kasey because she sent her a message with no response (no kidding?). I thanked her and moved on. I called back again today the 21st of March and spoke directly to Kasey.

I asked for the next return step like some kind of Return Authorization? She stated that she had UPS attempt to do pickups and gave me several dates. Say what? No. I told her that I was told to wait for the new wheel boxes in order to return the old wheels. Not much of a response after that. I was then told that there is a new return request now and they are due for pickup this Friday or Monday coming up. So, I'll put them on my front patio without any kind of info on them. Great work. We'll see. They better not say I sent them back too late. Customer from hell will crawl out from the depths. This experience has been awful! I'll never order Tirerack.com EVER again. I'm surprised the tires I got prior arrived in one piece.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased 6 tires from Tire Rack in September 2017 for the winter snow season. I thought I was good to go. According to my invoice, there were 6 identifying numbers which I thought would be on the tires and in their system. However, I was told that the correct DOT numbers were not on the invoice or sent to the third party road hazard company that administers the road hazard program. Unfortunately, one of my tires was hit by something on the road and pierced the sidewall. Since it was a snow tire and it's now March 2018, another was not in stock locally. I called Tire Rack's "customer service" and Tire Rack could not validate my tires. The customer service rep was terrible and actually acted like I purchased the tires somewhere else. Through their incompetence, I did not have any the information required to file a claim even though I had my invoice which outlined the purchase.

I was told the numbers on the invoice are not the correct DOT numbers. So why include them??? The numbers on the outside of the tire were not correct, so I was told by Tire Rack and I needed to look on the inside of the tires and provide these numbers in order to validate the road hazard coverage. Can you believe it! In 25 to 30 degree weather with a foot of snow on the ground, I was supposed to somehow write down the numbers from underneath the car! Their error, their incompetence and their work is transferred to the customer. Tire Rack clearly does not care about their customers. I gave up on trying to deal with their customer service. I'll eat the loss myself. Do yourself a favor and deal with a local tire vendor and NEVER purchase tires from Tire Rack. Their warranties are as useless as their customer service representatives.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I placed an order last week and later asked for the order to be cancelled. A day later it was still pending and now I have found out that there is still a hold on my card. Your company has put me in a difficult financial situation with the current credit card hold. There should not have been a hold in the first place. This is not a rental car company and even they tell you up front that a hold will be placed on the card. I am going to tell other people on social media and make a complaint against this company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I purchased new tires in Sept. Upon receiving new tires and driving for the first time on the highway, one tire disintegrated around the bead into rubber dust and caused a flat. I recently got another flat with the same wear, the rubber disintegrated around the bead. These tires were defected from the start. They replaced my first tire, but are refusing to replace this other one. The Tire Rack should consider themselves lucky I did not have a serious accident as both incidents were on the highway!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I started by ordering 4 new wheels for my car. Got my order in just a few days with very reasonable shipping. Took them to my local mechanic to mount, balance, and install the new wheels to my existing tires. After I dropped my car off the mechanic called and said I had wrong sized wheels for my current tires and that the air pressure sensor couldn't be transferred to the new wheel. I called Tire Rack and explained to them my mistake. The woman in customer service was very helpful and understanding and was able to quickly approve my return and transfer me to Todd in sales to place a new order. Tire Rack refunded my original shipping and didn't charge me return shipping either. Later before my replacement order had shipped I compared the price of having my mechanic mount and balance new wheels to old tires and install and new pressure sensor to what tire rack would charge for the same service just on new tires.

I found the mount and balance was free vs my mechanic charging $20 a tire. As well as the cost for 4 pressure sensors was only $108 from Tire Rack, the same service locally was $60 a tire. So I quickly called Tire Rack sales to add new tires and sensors to my wheel order. Once again I talked to Todd who was very happy to help me modify my order and update my shipping. Very satisfied so far! Later that day I decided to order an additional 4 wheels and tires from tire rack, these would be snow tires vs my all season I had already ordered. Everything online went well and I didn't have to make any additional calls.

The next day I got a call from tire rack, it was Todd again. He noticed I placed another order and wanted to know if I had meant to cancel my original order. I informed him that no I had indeed meant for there to be 2 orders, but I thanked him for his concern and punctuality! Overall I've had one of the best experiences I've ever had with a company. I will most certainly recommend them and shop from them again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I decided to buy 4 tires for my car with Tire Rack instead of my car's dealership so I could save $300. I got a set of tires shipped to the dealer, they installed it, balanced and charged me for labor. Drove the car and it is vibrating. Came back to the dealer the next day and they said there is a tire that is almost within the range of a defective tire. Called Tire Rack and they agreed to replace it. That means not only to go back and forth to the dealer again to have the replacement tire installed, but also to carry home a defective tire with you so UPS could pick it up because they don't pick up from the dealership.

Replacement tire installed and car still vibrating. Next day came back to the dealer and they agree to re-balance all 4 tires to double check they are ok. Car still vibrating. Called Tire Rack and they asked for the balance report which I sent. They call 2 days later saying 2 more tires need to be replaced. Obviously at this point I'm FED UP and frustrated and ask Tire Rack to pick up the 5 tires that I have from them and to give me a full refund. 2 days later they offer me the following "condition" in order to give me a refund:

1) That I need to bring the 5 tires home or to a FedEx location for shipping.
2) That I must buy another set from the same brand.
3) THAT THEY WILL NOT REIMBURSE THE ORIGINAL SHIPPING COST (this is amazing).

4) That they will not pay for balancing the new set of tires that I need to buy from somebody else.

So now I lost a bunch of time, I had to pay for UBER a dozen times and I had to ask a friend to take the freaking defective tires out of the dealership because not even a single tire fits in my trunk. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. IF THERE'S A MINIMUM PROBLEM WITH YOUR PURCHASE YOU WILL LOSE A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME. I really recommend buying tires from a physical store.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Well first of all I tried contacting their customer service to see how I could file a claim. Then they could not find my file because they spelled my last name and email incorrectly, so I never received an order number. So they tried to tell me I didn't have an order when my bank account clearly says different. I'll make a long story short. One tire had a bubble which they are trying to make road hazard claim under their warranty, and the tread of the other tire is separating and they want to say it was because of some damage from my tire rubbing the inside fender, so the damage just appears a year later? They will try to do everything to get out of replacing the tire. I spent 900$+ and only get 1 yr out of a tire that is under warranty for 4 yr minimum? EXTREME BAD SERVICE, BE AWARE BEFORE MAKING ANY PURCHASES. Once your money is in their hands they do not care about their customers at all. Glad to see I'm only one of 70+ customers.

Tire Rack expert review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country packed with inventory from 21 major tire and 58 wheel brands. Their prices are competitive and their expertise is unmatched. Tire Rack has its own track to put tires to the test lap after lap, so you know exactly how a tire performs.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information