2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.47/5
This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs authorized partner program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.
Tire Rack Shop Now

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I needed new tires for my 2016 Toyota 4Runner after needing to be fished out of a ditch after our first snow. Purchase through Tire Rack's website couldn't have been easier. I was able to search based on my vehicle and answer some questions for guidance on the correct size. I've driven past their facility in South Bend a couple of times, and did not know that they offered installation services as well. I decided to give that a try too. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of installation dates and times, and especially liked that I could schedule it all online.

Once I arrived at the facility, I was able to locate the installation area quickly and easily due to great signage. I parked in a spot, called their service phone number (signs posted in the parking area), and spoke with a great guy who explained the process to me. Very easy - they text you your spot in line and then when they are ready for you. You'll pull into their service area into the bay number in the text. I was then met by a service technician who explained that it would probably take about an hour for installation, which is what I expected. I then waited and it took a little bit less than an hour. The technician also let me know that my tire pressure light had come on, which I knew, but thought it was a bad sensor. He let me know that there's a sensor also on my spare tire, which I had no idea. He was kind enough to put some air in that one too so the light went out.

This was my first time at Tire Rack and first time using any of their services. I have already recommended them to family members and will not hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the future. I had a great experience, the tires were reasonably priced, and so was installation. When needed in the future, I'll definitely be back!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have purchased tires from Tire Rack for many years for a variety of vehicles: Dodge and Ford vans; Nissan 300ZX; Audi A4. I first learned of their services through my son who was buying tires for his Pontiac Firebird. The biggest advantage here is in the variety of tires available and you're not restricted to the 4 - 6 brands and options you'd have to select from at a local dealer. Nor are you forced to change tire models because the local shop doesn't have the match for your current tires.

All the tires I have bought have been top quality, recent production tires. Tire Rack offers all the current marketing discounts like rebates and I've been able to use one of those for my van tires. My most recent purchase of 2 BF Goodrich tires for my Audi A4 Cabriolet arrived in 48 hours! You can't ask for better than that with free shipping! I have a shop a mile from my house that has an agreement with Tire Rack for mounting so that's a flat fee and there has never been any hesitation with that business for mounting tires I have bought outside their shop.

Buying from Tire Rack does put a little responsibility for knowing a bit about tires in general but the website provides the necessary information and comparisons. I tend to buy tires over-rated for my vehicles as I've found that provides better traction, and sometimes longer life. When I first ordered the Goodrich tires for the A4, Tire Rack called to confirm my tire selection. The size matched approved tires for the car but they wanted to confirm the higher rating, so they are not selling tires blindly, and take a moment to make sure things match up. At this point I would be rather upset to be forced to buy a local tire in an emergency instead of using my trusted source, Tire Rack.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Creating this review to counter all the negative ones for Tire Rack based on my numerous positive experiences. I've ordered wheels, tires, and brake pads from Tire Rack since I put tires on my '93 Acura Integra in 1995 and all of my experiences have been positive. The product always arrives quickly enough that I'm surprised every time and I've never had to return anything.

I enjoy being able to choose the best tires at the best price using my desired size and tire type criteria and I always save money, even after I pay a local shop to mount and balance them. When I ordered wheels and tires, they came perfectly balanced and all I had to do was bolt them on. The wheels were beautiful but weak and that had nothing to do with Tire Rack. I just placed my latest order for 2 tires to go on my son's car and they arrived in 3 days. Now I just have to get him to give me the car for a day to have them installed. Tire Rack has helped me keep high quality, high performance tires on my car at a reasonable cost for 25 years.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Needed new tires for my 2017 Hyundai Elantra and came across TireRack through Google searches. I decided to go with the Firestone Weathergrip because I wanted a good all season radial that was also good with different driving scenarios, highway, light snow/rain, mountains etc. Ordered 4 of the 195/65/R15 size. The TireRack website gave me 2 size options for my vehicle and I confirmed which size I had before placing the order. I used Affirm financing for my payment method and had the tires sent directly to a local NTB. I placed the order on a Sunday and was given a delivery date of Wednesday. I called NTB to let them know about my order and made an appointment with them on Thursday to have the Tires installed.

TireRack sent me a order confirmation email, another email after the tires were shipped via UPS from Delaware on Tuesday and another email when they were delivered to NTB on Wednesday. When I arrived at NTB for my appointment on Thursday the Tires were there, they were the Firestone Weathergrip just as I had ordered and they were the correct size. The installation cost that I was quoted by the TireRack website was in line with what NTB actually charged. I had to take a 500 mile road trip to Elkins West Virginia that following Sunday and wanted the tires on before then. Down the highway, over the hills and through the mountains so far so good.

As of this review I've put just 600 miles on the tires in various conditions with no issues. They came with 2 year road Hazzard protection that I haven't had to use yet so I can't comment on that. Firestone offered a $60 rebate with the submission of my TireRack invoice which I received [the invoice] via regular mail in just a week. I never spoke to a live person with TireRack. I did everything through the website. Bottom line is my experience so far has been great. Ordering was easy enough, received exactly what I ordered when I was supposed to receive it and TireRack was very good about communicating with me via email.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

So I'm writing this review for someone who is considering TireRack.com and is hesitant because Consumer Affairs has a lot of negative reviews. I am not paid for this, and I have not been asked to write this - I simply came across this site's rating of TireRack.com and saw all the <4 star reviews, and it seemed obvious it was my fault for not writing a positive 5-star review before. Keep in mind that many (most?) TireRack.com customers are not thinking about writing a review after we get our tires.

Every time I've ordered a tire that was in stock over 10+ years (starting in the early 2000's), I've received it. Every time TireRack.com has quoted a shipping time, the tires have arrived on time. TireRack.com has not lost control of my customer or payment information, I have not received an email from them I didn't want (don't opt-in or else unsubscribe from newsletters if you don't want to hear from them, it worked for me). Every time I've called or emailed Customer Service with a question or issue, it has been resolved to my satisfaction. I have zero complaints about them and I want to suggest as a long time customer that this is also your most likely outcome when buying from them yourself.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have defective tires sent report from my dealership over 2 weeks ago after speaking with someone over the phone. Have called and emailed and have gotten NO response. This is very frustrating to say the least. With all their good reviews I did not expect this kind of treatment.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs. First, they delivered the wrong wheels to me, then they claimed the wheels they picked back up the day after were damaged and didn't refund me. And then, they send the new ones to my personal address instead of my mechanic, even though I called twice to make sure they had the address of my mechanic. A complete waste of time and money... Avoid, avoid and avoid some more.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

This purchase (4 custom wheels) was my second from Tire Rack and they continue to deliver a quality customer experience and product. Website is informative, delivery (from their CT warehouse) was quick (just five days after I placed the order) and they even called (I believe from their IN location) to point out a potential problem/possible delay with some accessories I ordered. The shipped items were also double packed to prevent damage. Overall, a highly professional outfit.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

First time I purchased tires online, was apprehensive at first. Great selection at Tire Rack, good info and a breeze to make the purchase. Tires for my 2017 Silverado arrived at the selected installer within a day. That is where the issues started. It took a week to get an appointment at the Tire Kingdom in Englewood. FL. I was actually a little early for my scheduled appointment, service manager gave my key to a tech right away, no wait. I was surprised most of the time I was there the shop was a bit slow. Just not as slow as the service I got from Tire Kingdom. Almost made me think I was being punished for not buying the tires from them.

So replace 4 tires, tps service, balance and align took THREE AND A HALF HOURS! The only amount of time the truck was not in a bay was about 10 minutes to get in for alignment. That amount of time with an appointment and a slower time was brutal. So Tire Rack you did what you were supposed to do, fantastic. Tire Kingdom you really dropped the ball! Buy from Tire Rack, get installed somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I truly enjoyed the website they built for shopping for the rims I bought. It allowed me to see the rims on a virtual model of my vehicle which really helped me because I am a visual person, so seeing them on the vehicle helped me tremendously! In addition to inputting my year make and model the site gave me many options to choose from. The filter parameters allowed me to search the size, width, color etc... to find the ones I ultimately bought. Also, the price was very reasonable and in my budget. I shopped many other website for a rim that would fit for my vehicle and Tire Rack had the best price. I was going to go with the tires they selected but went with buying outside the site for tires and will do installation at my local place too. Luckily, the rims came very fast in the mail and they look fantastic! I am waiting for some other minor things to arrive in the mail before I mount balance and install but overall I am very happy.

Tire Rack author review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country packed with inventory from 21 major tire and 58 wheel brands. Their prices are competitive and their expertise is unmatched. Tire Rack has its own track to put tires to the test lap after lap, so you know exactly how a tire performs.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information