Shop Now

3. Tires

3.9/5 (55 ratings)

About Tire Rack

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

First time I purchased tires online, was apprehensive at first. Great selection at Tire Rack, good info and a breeze to make the purchase. Tires for my 2017 Silverado arrived at the selected installer within a day. That is where the issues started. It took a week to get an appointment at the Tire Kingdom in Englewood. FL. I was actually a little early for my scheduled appointment, service manager gave my key to a tech right away, no wait. I was surprised most of the time I was there the shop was a bit slow. Just not as slow as the service I got from Tire Kingdom. Almost made me think I was being punished for not buying the tires from them.

So replace 4 tires, tps service, balance and align took THREE AND A HALF HOURS! The only amount of time the truck was not in a bay was about 10 minutes to get in for alignment. That amount of time with an appointment and a slower time was brutal. So Tire Rack you did what you were supposed to do, fantastic. Tire Kingdom you really dropped the ball! Buy from Tire Rack, get installed somewhere else.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I truly enjoyed the website they built for shopping for the rims I bought. It allowed me to see the rims on a virtual model of my vehicle which really helped me because I am a visual person, so seeing them on the vehicle helped me tremendously! In addition to inputting my year make and model the site gave me many options to choose from. The filter parameters allowed me to search the size, width, color etc... to find the ones I ultimately bought. Also, the price was very reasonable and in my budget. I shopped many other website for a rim that would fit for my vehicle and Tire Rack had the best price. I was going to go with the tires they selected but went with buying outside the site for tires and will do installation at my local place too. Luckily, the rims came very fast in the mail and they look fantastic! I am waiting for some other minor things to arrive in the mail before I mount balance and install but overall I am very happy.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I needed new tires for my 2016 Toyota 4Runner after needing to be fished out of a ditch after our first snow. Purchase through Tire Rack's website couldn't have been easier. I was able to search based on my vehicle and answer some questions for guidance on the correct size. I've driven past their facility in South Bend a couple of times, and did not know that they offered installation services as well. I decided to give that a try too. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of installation dates and times, and especially liked that I could schedule it all online.

Once I arrived at the facility, I was able to locate the installation area quickly and easily due to great signage. I parked in a spot, called their service phone number (signs posted in the parking area), and spoke with a great guy who explained the process to me. Very easy - they text you your spot in line and then when they are ready for you. You'll pull into their service area into the bay number in the text. I was then met by a service technician who explained that it would probably take about an hour for installation, which is what I expected. I then waited and it took a little bit less than an hour. The technician also let me know that my tire pressure light had come on, which I knew, but thought it was a bad sensor. He let me know that there's a sensor also on my spare tire, which I had no idea. He was kind enough to put some air in that one too so the light went out.

This was my first time at Tire Rack and first time using any of their services. I have already recommended them to family members and will not hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the future. I had a great experience, the tires were reasonably priced, and so was installation. When needed in the future, I'll definitely be back!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have purchased tires from Tire Rack for many years for a variety of vehicles: Dodge and Ford vans; Nissan 300ZX; Audi A4. I first learned of their services through my son who was buying tires for his Pontiac Firebird. The biggest advantage here is in the variety of tires available and you're not restricted to the 4 - 6 brands and options you'd have to select from at a local dealer. Nor are you forced to change tire models because the local shop doesn't have the match for your current tires.

All the tires I have bought have been top quality, recent production tires. Tire Rack offers all the current marketing discounts like rebates and I've been able to use one of those for my van tires. My most recent purchase of 2 BF Goodrich tires for my Audi A4 Cabriolet arrived in 48 hours! You can't ask for better than that with free shipping! I have a shop a mile from my house that has an agreement with Tire Rack for mounting so that's a flat fee and there has never been any hesitation with that business for mounting tires I have bought outside their shop.

Buying from Tire Rack does put a little responsibility for knowing a bit about tires in general but the website provides the necessary information and comparisons. I tend to buy tires over-rated for my vehicles as I've found that provides better traction, and sometimes longer life. When I first ordered the Goodrich tires for the A4, Tire Rack called to confirm my tire selection. The size matched approved tires for the car but they wanted to confirm the higher rating, so they are not selling tires blindly, and take a moment to make sure things match up. At this point I would be rather upset to be forced to buy a local tire in an emergency instead of using my trusted source, Tire Rack.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

On the way to a medical clinic with my wife, I picked up a nail in a Michelin Pilot Super Sport. My local tire center determined that it had entered the sidewall and the tire was toast. With my wife undergoing a medical procedure with 4 appointments in 5 days, we needed a speedy fix. After determining that Tire Rack's prices were similar to the others but that they offered a free 2 yr Road Hazard warrantee, I ordered it from the clinic at 9AM Monday. With free shipping, it arrived at my tire center, an authorized Tire Rack service center, at 11 the next morning. I was back on the road by 4PM. Fabulous & speedy service from both Tire Rack and their service center. I had originally bought the 4 Pilot Super Sports from a different vendor, saving a few bucks but not getting a Road Hazard warrantee. I will not make that mistake again. Tire Rack, you have a customer for life. Many thanks.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I live in Fairbanks, AK; to get fast and fair shipping is rare. Tire Rack went above and beyond. 3 days for 4 wheels, shipping under $100. Unheard of here. I am used to seeing shipping as much as product or more. Or after the shipping estimator gives a reasonable price then find out at checkout can't do it or charge way more. Not Tire Rack. Spot on. Makes this Alaskan feel like Tire Rack knows Alaska is actually part of the U.S.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Ordered a full set of wheels & tires. 8 months in a wheel cracked. Had it evaluated by a couple tire shops & some aerospace engineers who work for me. Crack started at a black mark (latent defect). No warranty coverage. Ordered replacement while on the phone with the “fitment specialist” & received the incorrect offset. I requested return & because I drove from the tire shop to my house so as to not pay for additional services. They’re not allowing return of the wrong unit (they shipped). Retired USAF Lt Col here…I strongly encourage you spend your money for wheels elsewhere. They don’t stand by them, then they can’t cure when there’s an issue.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Stay clear from Tire Rack. They are dishonest and don't honor their guarantees. You know, when you're looking for tires, and you're thinking, hey, you know what that "two-year road hazard included" sounds good. Guess what. TireRack doesn't honor it. Here's my story. Short story: DO NOT buy from TireRack. Stay away at all costs. Longer story: I bought 4 tires in 2019 for $1,069.88 from TireRack, then another 4 245/45R18 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat MO Run Flats in 2021 for $1,125.18. All the time, I thought, "you know what? It's comforting to know that in case something happens to these tires, they're covered." Well, after running TireRack tires for 3-years, something did happen. One of the tires blew out while on the highway. Yes, I was safe. Yes, it wasn't cool.

About the time I was thinking bummer, I need to get new tires now, I thought, "Hey, wait, I had the "two-year road hazard included." So, awesome, I'll give TireRack a quick call and have a credit to buy new tires. Well, not so fast. I called TireRack. Apparently, they don't handle those claims. They contracted this out to **. Okay, no problem, find their website and submit the claim. I follow up. Nothing. I follow up again, nothing. Four months later, I get a cryptic reply that I need the TireRack receipt for the tires and the install receipt for the tires. I emailed ASAP Tire, who emailed me the invoice within minutes, which I forward to ** to complete my claim. Now they say they don't have enough paperwork. Hey, there is no more paperwork. First, 100% of this transaction was done through TireRack; second, I forward the paperwork 3x over 4 months.

Bottom line TireRack, hiding behind ** doesn't honor their "two-year road hazard included." If you care about your car and are familiar with running on tires you feel are protected, you won't find them at TireRack. Don't waste your time as I did, preserve your time and family's safety, and go with a company that cares about their customers and the safety of their customers—and that my friend isn't TireRack.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought 4 new tires from them. I had them on my car for 3 weeks. Then they had bulges in 3 of the tires. One popped. I had no choice to go somewhere to buy 4 new tires. I called them. Told them about it. Said they won't do anything about it because I didn't do a claim before buying new tires. I have to have a car to go to work but they didn't care. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have defective tires sent report from my dealership over 2 weeks ago after speaking with someone over the phone. Have called and emailed and have gotten NO response. This is very frustrating to say the least. With all their good reviews I did not expect this kind of treatment.

Tire Rack author review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country with inventory from 25 tire and 55 wheel brands. Tire Rack has its own testing track, and its website features helpful reviews and educational resources.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information