Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Tire Rack Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I'm not reviewing tires, since I would go to a tire sales site for that. Recently purchased my second complete set of tires from Tire Rack. First set was just tires which were sent to a local service station that I use regularly. They did not have any tires with the features and strong reviews I was looking for. Other local places either wouldn't quote what I wanted or didn't want to work with a tire that wasn't part of their regular rotation.

The tires also weren't the OEM size but two different installers said that if the tire width and/or diameter were within certain ranges they would have no issue. Information on the Tire Rack website allowed me to calculate the differences and determine that it was a safe installation. Ordered the tires and they were delivered within two days. We are relatively close to their Indiana distribution and there was no warning of low inventory on their site. The installation had no surprises and proceeded exactly as Tire Rack specified. Of course, I was dealing with local people that I am a repeat customer of.

Second recent replacement set, on a different vehicle, was a complete wheel/tire/TPMS set. Old steel wheels were rusting and bent and tires hard and lumpy. TPMS was years past the expected life of the batteries so it made sense to replace all. Paid for the mounting and balancing and had the tires delivered to my work so they didn't sit outside my garage door for the day. Paying for the complete package got me mounted/balanced/TPMS installed. Centering rings were installed in the wheels and held in place so they didn't come loose in shipping. One wheel also had a package inside that had the new lugs and a very good quality socket and Gorilla brand extension wrench for installing. Since I already have a Gorilla kit, I can keep this compact wrench and socket with the truck.

I haven't had to deal with any warranty or road hazard claims with Tire Rack. That is why I said the product/department I was reviewing was "Online Sales". That is my only concern with online purchases, but the local guys either weren't helpful or didn't want to order tires that weren't their brands. I had the luxury of time to do lots of research. Tire Rack did not have all the information I needed, but they do have more than any other single site.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Fantastic company. Only company that carried white wall tires in the size I needed for my Town Car. I ordered online on Weds and received them on Friday afternoon. I would recommend this company for any tire needs.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered the wrong size tires from their chart. When I called about this they quickly sent the right size and picked up the original order with no shipping costs. Great company to do business with. Their prices were good and included road hazard.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I just wrote a couple negative reviews because my experience with them was terrible, and that's what you typically see when looking at reviews. Not many happy customers write reviews, they just go on with their life and expect the best out of everything. I have purchased two complete sets of tires from Tire Rack now, installed at their location (a bit of a drive, but worth the price). 100% satisfied. Highly recommended. Website is grade A, and reviews are priceless in determining which tires to purchase.

Original review: May 5, 2019

4.29.19 I ended up calling TR to make sure on proper tires ordering. Very pleasant experience and ordered 6 Yokohama geolanders for my R.V. del. 5.3.19 via TR recommended installer, installed and rolling 5.4.19. All in all I have great appreciation for TR service and quality of products delivered. Basically now, I think it's up to Yokohama product quality and if issues do evolve I currently have faith in TR to assist successfully.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

First and foremost - this place is the WORST. I went online to purchase a tire thinking I could save money but I ended up LOSING money. The rep had me purchase the wrong tire after I told him all the information I had on my car. They ship the tire to the retailer and now that I need to return it I have to pay for the freight fees. WHY AM I PAYING IF THEY HAD ME BUY AND SHIP THE WRONG TIRE?! Do not go here. If you think you're saving money, think again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I ordered tires to a Firestone but discovered they didn’t match the ones in the back. Out of necessity I had to buy more expensive tires from Firestone and Tire Rack is making me pay $60 for return shipping and charging me extra because I had to disband the tires to get them to fit in my car.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I order the tires. They were wrong size. I called Tire Rack and ask how to return. The first answer was I have to order a new set of other tire in order to return original order back. I never ever heard of any company making you buy more product in order to get return. Very unprofessional. The second answer was just send it back on your own expense which is what I did. Now tires stuck in the custom because it needs proper paperwork from tire rack which tire rack not on the rush to provide.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

DO NOT buy from this company. They do not honor their warranties. In addition their customer service representatives are rude, unhelpful and do not follow through on their commitments. Essentially they just transfer you around the company with no one attempting to help until you finally just give up. I've spent hours trying to get my warranty resolved and it was a complete waste of time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Ordered tires, was emailed a invoice stating all tires shipped, but in actuality...only two tries were shipped, i.e. without any notice of delay. Expecting all tires to arrive on time, made an install appointment, but to my surprise, only two tires arrived. Called TR customer service, had to wait all day for an answer, and finally without any apologies was told the tires did not get shipped. This is the definition of poor customer service. Apparently, TR hires a bunch of employees that could care less. Although TR prices are a little less than others, I'd rather pay a little more to be treated with respect. TR is not worth the hassle.

Tire Rack expert review by Lauren Fix

Tire Rack has over 2.2 million square feet of distribution center space across the country packed with inventory from 21 major tire and 58 wheel brands. Their prices are competitive and their expertise is unmatched. Tire Rack has its own track to put tires to the test lap after lap, so you know exactly how a tire performs.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model as well as tire and wheel packages already mounted and ready to install.

• Availability: Tires or tire and wheel packages are ready to deliver by the next day in most cases.

• Major brands: BF Goodrich, Continental, Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Hankook, Hoosier, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Yokohama and more.

• Learning center: Tire Rack has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education, research and advice.

• Installation: Can be shipped directly to the installer of your choice or one of their 8,000+installers. All you have to do is schedule your appointment and show up. Tires can also be shipped directly to your address.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Rack Company Information