Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Yokohama Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yokohama?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yokohama?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Tomorrow I replace the Yokohama YK740 GTX tires on my 2011 Camry SE. I bought them 8 months ago. They had really good traction at the beginning and even now they don’t slip too much, but the noise these tires make... They are relatively quiet from 0-40 and then they start to roar and get louder leading up to highway speeds. Driving around a traffic circle or curved exit ramp, they really get loud and make a helicopter “whomping” sound with each tire revolution. Some people have made comments about how loud they are, including a friend who owned a Goodyear store for many years. I’m disappointed to take them off so soon, but the noise is annoying that I will do it and spend the money on another brand.

My tire history: Car came with Toyo tires, they were okay. I got Pirelli Cinturato P7s which were awesome for their short life. Then Michelin Primacy, best (most expensive) tires I’ve ever had. Goodyear Assurance, soft and quiet but poor wet and dry traction. Then the Yokohama, with full range of sound effects. So I’ve had a lot of brand name tires and none of them have had this noise issue.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Yokohama touring tires 2 years ago, presently have 25,000 miles on them and they flunked inspection due to thin cracking in between the treads on all 4 tires. Went back to place of purchase and was told I could get a discount on a new set. Called Yokohama and they refused to deal with me and had me call the seller again. They suggested I try getting it inspected at another facility. I will NEVER do business with either company again! They don't stand behind their products.

Original review: May 25, 2019

These tires are not safe. At over 55 mph my van began a little shake. "Ok maybe I need an alignment." 2 mile down the road my tire exploded. The tread actually came off the tire. I used to work at a "big name" tire place replacing tires and I have never seen anything like this. Tomorrow I will be replacing not only the exploded tire but the other 3 as well. I have no faith that these tires can get my family home safe.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Tires worn out after only half the tread life warranty. Company will not pro rate tires so I can purchase new ones. Company rep making things extremely hard to get them replaced. I have had 3 tire stores tell me to contact them because of the tire wear issue.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I bought my new 2019 Mazda CX-5 two months ago. Yokohama tires came with the car. Now the car has only 1460 miles. I got my first nail in the Yokohama tire a month ago. It was a very small and tiny nail. At that moment, I realized these tires are bad. Today, one tire just decided to go flat in front of my house. It was parked then. Then I called roadside service guy to put the spare on it. We together examined the tire thoroughly. NO NAILS. NO CRACKS. Then I went to drive the car to metro station with my family for DC Cherry Blossom festival. After we came back to the metro station parking lot, another Yokohama tire went flat for no reasons. Now I dont have spare tires. I called the towing company. And the guy told me, "Yokohama tires are ** and your new tires look like 7-8 years old." Do not buy these tires. They are devils.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had purchased CLA 200 on 2017 April and just after 1 year 7 month and total 15400 km running, I got a bubble on the side of one tyre so I called the service. They said to bring it to them and they will see after separating it from the rim of the car, so after that, they said it's not manufacturing defect as there was a small cut inside so I purchased a new tyre and just after 25 days I got the same problem in another tyre. So if my car has only run 16000 km and the tyres get side wall damage then what can be done? Please replace me with a new tyre.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I bought a 2017 Honda Fit new in October 2017. The tires on the car were Yokohamas. In the year and a half I have had it there occurred 3 sidewall damages and one just flat tire and the latest damage was a blowout while traveling 55 miles an hour on a highway! The airbags deployed and I was not injured but it could have been a lot worse. There was over $9000 damage to my car! I have never had that much difficulty with tires in all the years I have been driving and the last incident put my life in danger. Perhaps these were the cheapest of the manufacturer's line but I have been driving for over 50 years and have only had an occasional flat tire. Needless to say since I had to replace the tires I did NOT replace them with Yokohamas.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

After sending in the rebate, a copy of the bill of sale and charge receipt all I heard from them was: 1. Have your rebate on record 10/23/18. 2. About a month later: Your sale being verified/under review 11/27/18. 3. Then after the program ended (which was 12/31/18) on 1/21/19 I checked again it was turned down because my name and address wasn't written on the receipt from the tire shop. After calling and going up the food chain they gave the excuse they could do nothing because the time was passed on the rebate. I would not recommend Yokohama to any of my family and friends because of this process and hopefully others will be wary of the rebate they run.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We purchased 4 tires (75k tires) 2 years ago and have 18000 miles on them. They started making a loud noise when driven faster than 35 mph with the sound getting louder as the speed increases. We had the tires, breaks, struts, balance and alignment checked. Everything is ok. When we contacted Yokohama we were told that they don't recognize the loud humming sound as a problem. The representative was very short and curt indicating that they really don't give a **.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought 4 Yokohama tires for my Lexus IS300, I noticed that 1 of the tires had cracks in 4 different areas along the lines (design) of the tire's sidewall. Called Yokohama customer service and told me that this is not covered under warranty due to different weather exposure. I had other brands before and never had this issue. Very disappointed and will never buy Yokohama tires anymore and wouldn't recommend them either.

Yokohama Company Information