toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was extremely satisfied with the work done by the team at the Mavis Discount Tire in Pleasantville, NY. I dropped my car in the early afternoon on a Sunday and got it back by the close of business. John, the manager on site, was very helpful and truly cared about my car and safety. I will visit this location again.

My daughter who is in college got a flat and I brought the tire to Mavis because the last time I was there I was treated so well by Larry. And again, Larry was so helpful and knowledgeable. We will continue to do business there because of him.

I had four tires replaced and sensor rebuild kits installed, paid a significant amount of money on the job to have my TPMS intermittently shut off and throw error. Mavis Tire refused to re-initialize my sensors without charging me. There was absolutely NO problem before I went there. They should re-initialize them without charge, POOR service...

Julio is well mannered, an excellent manager and a trustworthy mechanic. I would not go anywhere else. He is an asset to Mavis (Williston Park N.Y.). He is an expert in diagnostics. Kind, sensitive and always goes out of his way to help. I have been going to him for years and if he leaves Mavis so do I.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This time was just an inspection but they always get me in and out quickly. Great customer service! Honest and fair with the required repairs. I never worry that they're trying get more money out of me like other repair shops.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis Tire is lucky to have a manager like Mike. Mike is totally customer oriented and is extremely knowledgeable. Mike has made me a customer and I recommend the Keyport Mavis Tire to everyone. I will be buying more tires in late October and will be going to the Keyport Mavis Tire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

I'm always confident that I am getting the best service when I take my car to Mavis. Anthony and the rest of the team at Mavis always make sure that I understand the service necessary for my car that day. I am never nervous about the cost. Their pricing is always competitive. Keep up the great work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a new driver. Have only had my car for 5 months. Unfortunately, I noticed that the car had a weird noise. I know nothing about cars so I asked my bf's dad about it and he said it was definitely the left back break and that to fix it, it should not be more than 400$ (he used to do mechanical work). Today is a Sunday and I found Mavis Discount Tires on S Salina St. (Syracuse) open so I went there with my bf. I was greeted by Jeffrey, the manager. He said I could leave and he would call. When he calls me to give an estimate, he told me that I needed to get the back AND front fixed breaks and I that I needed a new caliper for the back left break and it would be 950$ total. (I thought it was only the back that needed fixing mind you).

I told him I considered that to be very expensive, so he said that with a discount he can bring it back down to 875$. So I asked about fixing ONLY the back left break and he said that the back caliper was stuck so maybe he could try to unstick it and if so then it would be 650$ to just fix the pads and rotors. So then I literally asked him if he was over charging me b/c I was a woman and did not know anything about cars, to which he tried to explain that anywhere I take it, it would be around that price. I know that to be untrue b/c my bf showed me a receipt of the time he took his car to another shop and for the front and back pads, rotors AND caliper the total was 376$. I told Jeffrey I would talk to my bf about it and call him back. My bf immediately said I was being overcharged.

My bf and I headed back and we showed Jeffrey the receipt from the shop my bf had gone to. Jeffrey kept to his story, explaining that the amount he was charging to fix the caliper, rotors and pads was reasonable. I said that I would rather take it somewhere else that would give me a fair price for it, b/c I am a student and thus, am not economically stable. This is where it gets frustrating for me. It seems he really wanted to make the sale b/c he then says that he would do everything for 375$. I was very reluctant and I even spoke to him about this. I told him that I did not want him to do this if he thought he would not do a good job b/c he was upset about the whole situation.

My goal was not to get this done at a unfair low price. All I wanted was for him to be straightforward with me and give me a reasonable price. He said not to worry that he would do the front and back for me, and I asked him if he would fix the caliper as well for the 375$ and he said yes. To make sure, I even asked him again to confirm that the 375$ included changing the caliper, pads and rotors, and again he said yes.

My mistake was not getting this in writing. I left and he said he would call me when it was ready. When I went back he just asked me for my card. I have been to another car shop for an estimate and I remember they printed the receipt out so I could read it and sign it and pay for the services so I thought it was weird that Jeffrey just quickly asked for my card without letting me see the paperwork. So I asked to see it and he turns the computer screen around b/c he had not printed it and shows me that the front and back brake pads and rotors were fixed but no caliper.

So I asked him, "What about the caliper?" And he said he couldn't fix it for that price (the 375$). I reminded him that he confirmed to me that he would and he flat out said that he never did. Obviously, it is his word against mine and there is no actual proof that he said that he would indeed fix the caliper as well as the pads and rotors for me at this price. I was unsure of what to do so I just gave him my card and paid for the services and left.

This is such a lamentable experience for me b/c of the lack of honesty. If he would have told me that he couldn't fix it for that price from the start, then I would have gladly just brought it somewhere else. So now I have new brake pads and rotors, but a faulty caliper, for which I paid almost 400$. Not sure what to do about it now. I should have known once he charged me 950$, then 875$, then 650$, then 575$ to finally 375$ that this was going to backfire on me. What ever happened to being professional and honest workers? I was taken for a fool today and due to this I do not plan on going back to a Mavis Discount Tires store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My service was great. Everyone was kind and courteous. They updated me as they went along. I hope all my experiences are as good when I return. The first time I was there was to fix flat tire. The previous place I went (not yours) was not so nice. Great service.

So Sunday I went to Mavis Tires in East Brunswick for 4 new tires. They said they would do a safety check of breaks etc and did I want an alignment? So since you should have your alignment checked when you get a new tires, I said yes. Hour and a half later they said couldn't get to it Sunday, could I bring it back for alignment. Ok. Tuesday we drop it off and four hours later alignment is done and truck is in good shape. Today I go to AAA because I also need oil change and I have a great coupon. They put it on the lift and then call me out to show me the missing piece on driver front and how both tires WOBBLE in and out. I'm still furious. Manager at Mavis put it up on the lift then told me "it was an honest mistake, don't know how they missed it". I got money back for alignment that obviously was not done. I now have borrowed my ex's car because mine should be driven anymore like that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stop getting ripped off by Sears and similar rip offs and let these experts handle it at a more than Reasonable price. They know what they are doing and do it Well. Honest. Fast. Polite. On the ball. Took in a custom lifted truck - no problem. Took in an Avalanche, and they let me know up front what we Might run into. Outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Can't think of one positive thing to speak of on my recent visit to Mavis. After making an appointment and told to come first thing in the a.m., 8 am, my vehicle doesn't get brought into the bay until after 1:30 pm. I called at 1 pm to inquire about the delay and was told car is up on rack now, should be another 20 minutes. I then arranged to be dropped off and await the few minutes until car is ready. When I arrived vehicle is in bay but no one is working on vehicle. After about 20 minutes I asked why no one was working on the car... It's supposed to be ready now I was told. It hadn't even been started. "We were busy" I was told. I asked why they lied, I could have stayed home.

So after this debacle I am paying the bill. I ask why they were charging me more for parts than they have listed on website. They checked website and said I was correct... yet they still overcharged me. Said I would need to speak with manager. At that point I did not see anything good coming out of a convo with Manager. And... there was no apology... No feeling bad that I had got the proverbial run around. Nothing. Lesson learned on my end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Excellent prompt service at fair prices. They do what they promise to do. They are even open on Sundays. No padded estimates or unnecessary work. Quality parts and first line tires. They watch your back; you can trust and rely on Mavis when your car is sick.

Counter was friendly. Service was great. Price was fair. Work was performed up to standard! Very Happy with my second visit! I will be sure to return with other issues and I was Pleased to find out they did oil changes! I had no clue and it was a great rate!

Every time I go there, they take care of me promptly and courteous as imaginable. A great place to get your vehicle worked on. Never had one bad experience in over 10 years. Keep up the great work. It's nice to have A place you can rely on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just wanted to take a moment and commend your team. From the moment I entered the experience was great. They made me feel at ease and explained that a set of tires and a wheel alignment would stop the vibration in my steering and they were right. Another happy customer.

Mavis is the only place I trust to take care of the things I need done on my vehicle... My children ride in it!! They have always treated me kindly and never had me waiting a long time. They let me know anytime they see something that needs repairs that I might not have seen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been taking all my vehicles to Mavis on Freedom Plains Road in Poughkeepsie, NY area for the past 7 years or so. They have always been professional and courteous. It can be stressful, especially as a female, taking your car anywhere, but not here. The manager, Pat, always makes me feel that my car, and wallet, are in good hands. They explain everything thoroughly and make you feel comfortable. They always exceed my expectations, which can be especially hard when spending money.

Great customer service and honest advice given at this shop. The manager answered all my questions and felt like he genuinely cared about providing me with knowledge about my car. I would recommend this shop to anyone looking to get their car fixed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They are just simply the best. My only regret is that they are not a full mechanical one stop shop where I can get all the parts for my cars. Both Franks are just great, understand your need and very professional and polite.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've purchased Cooper Tires from Mavis several times before. There are different price points and grades, but I didn't have much success with the lower grade of the Cooper's. I currently have an 80,000-mile tread life Cooper from Mavis and I have been running those for almost two years now. They're holding up well, so far. I rotate them every time I do the oil change at Mavis. I go to the New York store mostly and they always do a good job for me. Recently, I got a replacement of an oil pan and brakes. The brakes were fine. First time I ever had an issue with Mavis, the oil pan leaked. So I had to take it back in and they used the sealer to seal it. So, I'm a little bit concerned that it continues to leak, but my experience with Mavis Tire has been positive, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Not only did they fix my Jeep (water pump) but also gave me a ride home. They always do prompt great work at affordable price and could not be nicer to deal with. I have an old Jeep That I love and they help me keep it going.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been driving on Mavis tires for eight years. We've gotten Michelin and Cooper tires from them and I've also been buying shocks, brakes and doing oil changes with them. The reps understand that I know a little bit about cars too. So we can have a conversation and say what’s good and what’s bad about things. Also the prices are reasonable, the work is done right, and the parts are good. I'm pleased with Mavis.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had ordered 4 tires & made an appointment online on 7/2/17 for next day. When I called the Cherry Hill store to make sure that the tires were available, I was asked to change my time from 1030 to 1300 (for them to pick up the tires). When I arrived at the store at 1300 on 7/3, I was told that they was "a little backup" with the schedule. I then decided to leave the premise for lunch with my wife. The assistant manager informed me that my car would be ready by 4pm. Upon my return at exactly 1600, I was shocked to see that my car was on the lift in the middle front bay with 4 original tires removed. For the next 30 minutes, I witnessed 2 cars in the next bay being serviced, and nobody ever laid a hand on my car.

Meanwhile, several "new" customers entered to have service done while they waited. At 1630, I finally approached the assistant manager to question the reason for the lack of action on my car. The answer from the assistant manager was that "we were busy. You left your car here, and we had to work on people who waited". I was furious with his response, since I had made an appointment for 1300, and was told to return at 1600. What was the sense of making an appointment? Even when I left the premise, my car should still be ready by 1600 as promised by the assistant manager. I waited another 30 minutes upon return at 1600 and nothing was done to my car (while other vehicles were being serviced).

I made him aware that it was supposed to be ready by 1600, and nothing was done even after I returned. I took a picture of my car as proof. Soon after that, the assistant manager actually took his jacket off and assisted in doing some work in the garage. At 1705, my car was finally driven out of the garage. Even with an appointment, it took over 4 hours for this company to change 4 tires. There are half a dozen of tire stores in that area. Unless you have absolutely NOTHING to do, DO NOT patronize this place. Appointment means nothing to these people. Absolutely terrible service!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using the Mavis Discount Tires around the corner from my office for about five years. Recently, I bought four rims for my car and they were great and had a good price. Also, the customer service did everything they can to please me. Jeff, the manager of the place, went out of his way to help me and get me the best price.

We've used Mavis four times now (three at our local shop; one while traveling). In all cases they have done the work quickly, with an accurate estimate, and with a great attitude toward customers. Many big shops lack any combination of those features. It's great to have a repair / tire place that we're comfortable going to. Also, pricing has been competitive with other local retailers. It's not my most important criteria though - that's why it's listed down here at the end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been using Mavis Discount Tires for years. I purchase tires, get oil changes, get inspections and any general maintenance done there. The guys are really great. They know their product and they go out of their way to get you in and out as quickly as possible. It’s a convenient place to go and it’s very local to my home.

Very unprofessional and overpriced. SCAM! They told me my car had issues it didn't have. I thought it was an issue of location, until I spoke to the regional manager in Northern NJ and realized the incompetence runs uphill in this case. Best to be avoided with so many other options out there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis Tire has a good name and reputation, and their reps did a good job and were helpful in every aspect. I had Cooper tires and a brand new one from another brand. They are excellent. They've been running for more than three years and my other ones have been running since last year. I've also had the brakes for three months and I've had no issue with them. I also got routers from them, too. The best thing about them is they're open seven days and on Thursdays they have late hours but it would be better if they have another day for late hours in their store. Other than that, everything is good and I recommend Mavis to everybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a gas leak and Mavis is the only place I will take my Jeep. They are wonderful there. We have been using them for over 5 years and I trust them whole-heartedly. They are fair and reasonable and do not rip you off. The technicians are fabulous, especially Colby. I only trust Mavis with my Jeep and my husband feels the same way with his Jeep. They are friendly, fair, and go out of their way to take care of you. They took me to work and when my Jeep was done... delivered it to my workplace. I love this place and never have to worry when I have an issue. I am a customer for life!!! I highly recommend Mavis for all your car needs. I brag and send customers your way ALWAYS!!! You guys are my heroes! And Jesse is also just as fabulous! She is a very good fit for your organization! She is a keeper!!!

The best service around! Highly recommended. The technicians are top class, friendly, knowledgeable, and caring about taking care of their customers with excellent service that is difficult to find. From the moment you walk in, you feel like you're already part of the family!

Mavis Discount Tires Company Profile