2. Automotive

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.80/5
Shop Now

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

BOTTOM LINE

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

PROS
  • Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires
CONS
  • Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Top Mavis Discount Tires Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Very honest in their evaluation of the condition of the car. Replaced only the ones need changing. Doesn't scare nor pressure the owner of the car to replace parts. The place is reasonably clean and has no smelly toxic fumes. Very comfortable in the waiting room.

Got a flat on a Sunday morning. Left my car in the lot and used the Dropbox for the car keys. My tire was patched and the car was ready for pickup that afternoon. Very reliable and friendly service, and extremely competitive pricing. Thank you, Mavis of Metuchen, NJ!!!

Mavis Discount Tires Call Now Toll Free (800) 757-4291 Learn More Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Mavis Discount Tire services

Mavis Discount Tire is known for offering name-brand tires at discount prices, but it also performs multiple services for cars and trucks. Some of these services include:

• Tire repair: Mavis Discount Tire repairs punctures in the tire tread to prevent further tire damage and maintain proper tire air pressure. When you have a flat tire replaced at Mavis, it also includes rebalancing in its repair services.
  • Brake services: Mavis Discount Tire offers free brake inspections and can take care of high-pitched squealing, grinding noises and other issues preventing your car from stopping safely.
  • Muffler and exhaust: Mavis Discount Tire replaces mufflers, tailpipes, catalytic converters and exhaust systems every day. Its services can help reduce engine exhaust noise and increase engine performance.
  • Wheel alignment: Mavis performs computerized wheel alignment daily. The service can extend the tire tread life and improve fuel economy. Proper wheel alignment also reduces suspension wear.
  • Shocks and suspension: If you notice your vehicle shocks are broken, damaged or leaking fluid or that your ride has become increasingly bumpy and bouncy, it could be an issue with your shocks, struts or suspension system. Mavis Discount Tire inspects your vehicle and makes any necessary replacements or repairs.
  • Inspections: Mavis Tires and Brakes offers inspections in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
  • Oil change: When you get your oil changed at Mavis Discount Tire, the company includes a free safety check. It adds up to 5 quarts of oil and changes your filter. Mavis employees use a clean oil change technique that ensures any old motor oil from your car is caught and recycled properly.
  • Car battery: If your car is not starting or you've had to jump-start your car, it may be time for a new battery. Mavis Discount Tire Offers battery testing and replacement services at all of its locations.
  • Tire rotation: Rotating your tires extends your tire tread life, helps preserve balanced handling and maintains traction. To keep the treadwear warranty valid, most tire manufacturers require regular tire rotation.

Mavis tire prices

Mavis Discount Tire offers promotional codes, deals and discounts on its website for tire services. Some of its discounts include 10% off for essential workers, six-month special financing and rebates on name-brand tires such as Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.

Customers can also print coupons and redeem them at any Mavis Discount Tire location.

Since tire prices vary greatly based on the manufacturer, vehicle type and size, we recommend using the Mavis Discount Tire search feature to look for tires specifically made for your vehicle.

Prices for popular vehicles include:

• Tire prices for a 2015 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x2 range from $116 to $265 per tire.
  • Tire prices for a 2000 Honda Accord SE range from $45 to $126 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2019 Infiniti Q50 Luxe range from $92 to $252 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle range from $54 to $239 per tire

Prices on the lower end are for entry-level series, while more expensive tires are high-performance options.

Mavis Discount Tire FAQ

How much does Mavis charge to install tires?
Mavis Discount Tire charges $20 a tire for mounting and balancing.
How much is a wheel alignment at Mavis?
Mavis charges between $80 and $100 to align all four wheels.
What time does Mavis Discount Tires open?
Most Mavis locations open at 8 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
How long has Mavis Discount Tire been in business?
Mavis Discount Tire has been in business since 1972.

Do we recommend Mavis Discount Tire?

Mavis Discount Tire combines the feel of a small business with the resources, knowledge and expertise of a nationally recognized tire and auto parts store. Its 30-day price guarantee lets customers shop with confidence, and we recommend using Mavis Discount Tire for any tire purchases or necessary auto service.

Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Please pass along my most sincere compliments to the staff and management of Mavis Tire in Chester Springs, PA. This past Sunday, 10 January 2021, just before noon I started my Subaru; Tire Pressure Monitor indicated low pressure: wow! 18 pounds instead of 36! I stopped at nearby Wawa to top up tire, but I knew I needed help. Even tho the Mavis in Chester Springs is 12 miles away, I had been there before and trusted they would be able to help me. On the way I could see I was losing pressure on driver side rear tire. When I arrived they were open - yay - and Louis was able to help me get started. He gave me an estimate on how long it would take and asked if I was going to wait or return. I waited, and was very pleasantly surprised when about 30 minutes later my Subaru was outside ready to go! Wow!

I truly appreciate Louis and Alex taking care of things, and the tech/mech who worked on my problem - wish I would've gotten his name. My last job, which I lost just 11 months ago, was as a product/customer specialist with my Subaru dealership. I understand not only how very important customer interaction is, but also how very demanding and outright hard it is working in an automotive garage. So when I say thank you, I really appreciate all that they did for me. This is the kind of customer and automotive service that keeps people not only returning year after year, but that customers talk about to their friends and recommend over and over. Please pass along my thanks to Louis, Alex, and the technician/mechanic who helped me. George

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I had severe clunking coming from the front of my vehicle. I took it to another shop that replaced Inner and Outer Tie Rods, Brakes and Rotors and then Struts. I kept taking it back because each repair did not fix the clunk! Each time they would give me an excuse. One was all the factory pinch welds had broken loose. Another was The Frame Grommets are shot and it cannot be taken apart to be fixed because the bolts will break. I was even told to live with it and just turn up the radio.

Well after they replaced the Struts for the 3rd time thinking it had to be the problem It went to Mavis on Church Street in Elmira, NY. In a matter of 5 hours they called me and said my vehicle was done. Dumbfounded and excited I ran right down. They seen the trouble and fixed it. NO MORE CLUNK!! And the car drives like when it was new. Smooth and no more noise! I cannot thank the Guys at Mavis Tires in Elmira, NY enough. The other shop played with my money and feelings and made me feel stupid at times.

I Thank Mavis in Elmira, NY for giving me back some dignity and my vehicle in working order in short fashion. Hey, we all know vehicle repairs can be expensive. It is what it is. So why not take it to a garage that knows what they are doing and will not tell you stories or fix things that do not need to be fixed and then tell you to simply turn up your radio. Go to Mavis Tire in Elmira and get service with a smile and save money because they will fix what is wrong, not just start replacing parts in hopes to get it right! Thank You Very Much Mavis Tire in Elmira, NY!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

A few weeks ago I blasted Mavis for work they had done on my car. I had a power steering unit put in car, because the part was not exactly the same, they had to put in new motor mounts. When I got my car back, it had a Horrendous VIbration. After weeks and weeks of bringing car back and forth; Mavis could not find the problem (but having the car for 18 years, I knew every squeak in it).

Mavis said to bring my car to ANOTHER mechanic and they would PAY FOR IT. The other mechanic found that the driveshaft angle was the cause of the problem...and may or may not have been a coincidence to the new motor mounts changing the angle of drive shaft causing the vibration. My car rides (once again) like an old Lincoln. True to Mavis's Word, They Did in fact PAY for my Bill, FROM ANOTHER SHOP. WHO ELSE WOULD DO THAT!

I want to thank Mavis and their staff and APOLOGIZE for the nasty review I wrote, ESPECIALLY SINCE... THE UNDERLINING VIBRATION was questionable to them, for work they had done previously and not in the same area. It was not about the money, but being able to TRUST Mavis mechanics again. Thank you for Standing behind the Customer and trusting me as my car is perfect again.

Mavis Discount Tires response

Dear John, we believe accountability is paramount and our Golden Rule is to treat you how we would want to be treated. We are so thankful for you taking the time to share your experience and we truly appreciate you and your business. We wish you the happiest holiday and are looking forward to helping you again in the future! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We were planning a last minute trip out of town and heard the word “snow.” So, I called Mavis to talk snow tires and having them put on soon and, as usual, Nick said bring the car in! The old snow tires were retired after last winter, so Nick offered up a choice of tires, explaining them and the costs to me. I had the car in first thing the next morning. During the a.m. Nick called to say that there was “play” in a joint and that he made some calls to invoke the warranty on them, so just labor for that replacement. He does that..not the first time that I've had a part go and Nick researches when the last repair took place and gets that taken care of. I continue to go to Mavis because of Nick and his team. Peter was there, too, and I got a nice greeting from him. It's great to have a group that can take care of your needs and recognize you! And, that they look out for you.

I hear stories from others about their not so great experiences elsewhere and I tell anyone who asks to take their car to Mavis, and let them know that they'll get treated fairly. We ended up with two car issues within two weeks, but the work was needed and Nick, Peter and their team took care of everything. They let us know when we would get the car back; the first time they needed the car to stay overnight, awaiting a parts delivery. They called the next day when it was done. The second time, in and out as promised. With so many things affecting us all these days, I breathe a deep sense of relief when I know that I can have my cars taken care of by Mavis in Kerhonkson, with Nick, Peter and the others there..It's one thing I don't ever had to worry about.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Dear Mavis Company,

I thought I would leave a comment to bring attention and praise to a fine manager I had the privilege of meeting, located at 36 East Edgar Road, Linden NJ. The gentleman's name, is **. Not more than a few days prior to an appointment I made to purchase two tires, I had spoken to **. I called to inquire if they duplicate master car keys. He kindly let me know they do not, but asked what particular problem I was having. Upon speaking with **, he gave me a solution to my problem. Not only did his solution work, it saved me a large sum of money and time. His display of kindness was greatly appreciated.

**, could have simply replied to my question and ended the phone call. Instead, he showed himself to be NOT just what I consider a valuable asset to the Mavis company, but a man of excellent moral character and integrity. Further, I wanted to show my appreciation by letting him know that if and when the time were to come I needed service, I will "shop Mavis." Oddly enough, a few days after our conversation, I had trouble with one of my tires. I kept my promise, called ** and as already stated, purchased two new tires.

Indeed, this is a long comment, but it gave me great pleasure to write this and to not do so, would not sit well with my conscience. Last but not least, I also had the pleasure of meeting some of Mavis's other team members, and they too, were most kind, and I might add, a reflection of **, the Manager. After being robbed, which included my master car key, it was a most pleasant and refreshing experience to come in contact with such fine gentleman of Mavis.

With deep gratitude,

A.M

Original review: May 12, 2021

I went to that location on May 11th to fix my cars tire which was flat so I called from my location. JEFF answered the phone and he said "C'mon over. The early you come we will try to check you out early.." And he even helped me out with the discount and all. You guys should definitely stop and see JEFF. And the staff is also friendly and prices are Ok..

Original review: May 11, 2021

I brought my car here for a wheel alignment and these folks were so friendly and so helpful!! My work was done in a reasonable amount of time and they have a super clean place to wait for your car!! Great job!!!

Original review: May 10, 2021

The tech working on my issue Jose was extremely helpful. He went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend him to all my friends. My car is back to new again. I appreciate all the hard work that Jose put in for me.. Thank you.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Staff were very professional and I'm very satisfied with the service. They have very good mechanics. I will not go to any other tire shop. I will always recommend Mavis to anyone looking for a good place to buy tires and have good service.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I would highly recommend Mavis Discount Tires to all of my friends and family. I have received excellent service each time I've visited. So check them out. I'm sure you will be pleased with their on time service as well as the professionalism.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information