Mavis Discount Tires

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was extremely satisfied with the work done by the team at the Mavis Discount Tire in Pleasantville, NY. I dropped my car in the early afternoon on a Sunday and got it back by the close of business. John, the manager on site, was very helpful and truly cared about my car and safety. I will visit this location again.

My car had problems from Midas repair shop in North Brunswick Nj and Mavis in Mt Holly NJ found out that my starter I had put in around May of June in 2016 could be some of my problems with the service light on. They are not should at this point because no further diagnostic can be done until my problems are resolve from the first problem back in 2016 from Midas in North Jersey on Route one. These guys at Mavis are great to let me know what has happened from another car repairment place. Thank you sir so much. I get up when someone do me wrong when it come to this car, because this is all I got left from my deceased husband and it hurt me to have to take it to the shop because I never had to before, until now. I want to sell it before I lose it in not able to keep servicing it. I don't have the money to keep own this car.

I have never had an issue and work is always completed. I always recommend this place, just sent my friend up because he was getting a flat. He was very satisfied also. I will continue to go there and make sure all my friends do too.

I have had a great experience dealing with Mavis. They have been taking care of my automobiles for years now. My shop in the Scarsdale location of NY has been very reliable and responsible. I would recommend them to friends and family anytime.

My wife and I bought new tires and had them installed as well as brake pads. Everyone from the Assistant manager to each mechanic was nothing but polite and helpful. We have previously bought tires here with the same experience. Before that we dealt with Pep Boys and were far from pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

I had my brakes done and also an inspection. Great service and great prices. The service people were outstanding. They showed me what my problem was and gave me several options to deal with it. Great place. I will always use them and I highly recommend them.

Best service I have ever had. Mavis owes these guys something extra for the work they do! Will be back for sure with my family's cars and will recommend to all. Great work and upfront with the issues. Feel very satisfied that I got the work I paid for.

I was skeptical at first... hearing the advertisement for cheapest price guarantee, but I needed tires and didn't want to spend a fortune. CHEAPEST TIRE PRICE AND QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE has won my repeat business. I will return to Mavis for future purchases!!

I used to go to another location, and had 3 very unfortunate situations. I went to the Rt 9 Old Bridge location because it is closer to my house and to give Mavis a second chance. These guys are GREAT!!! They are all very nice and pleasant, very knowledgeable and I have been to them now several times. Dave ** is a top-notch manager and a pleasure to deal with. Rick the lead mechanic is a great troubleshooter and extremely knowledgeable with his field. I cannot say enough about them, and they will get all my business in the future. Thanks guys.

Much better service than I expected. Including three phone calls prices and scheduling. Quote was $100.00 less than the next shop and $400.00 less than the dealer. Coffee and hamburgers a three minute walk while waiting. Clean kid playing area.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis is very close to us and we've been using them for about six years. We do our car inspections there, changing tires and oil as well as routine maintenance. They've helped us find some other guys who would repair stuff that they don't do. We had a problem with our air conditioner and they found someone who could help us fix that. When a tire got flat right after it had been fixed, they just said "come back" and fixed the tire right on the spot. The reps manage to meet the kind of location. We’re in the suburbs, so sometimes they have to give somebody a lift home or they need to leave the car unlocked with an extra key. They really just go with the flow. It's not just been one person, it seems to be the atmosphere in general even when there have been changes of personnel. We're very happy campers and we have only good experiences. Our adult children use Mavis.

I had an appointment and when I arrived they got new right in. My car was done in a timely manner and very professional. The TV was available during my wait and therefore allowed me to catch up on news.

STS in Shrewsbury exceeded my expectations. They were great with communicating and timing. Most importantly, they demonstrated some honest feedback to me that you don't normally get from similar places. I was impressed with everything and will definitely return. Honesty and good communication got a new regular customer.

Love the service, competitive pricing, and you are local. I patronize all local businesses first. Thank you for moving into our little borough. I am also pleased that you offer other automotive services. It makes it so much easier to have my car cared for by the same place.

The service was super fast, great prices and awesome customer service! I liked that the workers were attentive and even contacted cab service. I also liked that they were courteous to my time and tried to get me out as soon as possible. The bald guy was awesome!!! :)

My appointment was fast and correct. Thanks Mavis and the crew that worked on my car. It's been a pleasure doing business with you and I will make sure to tell everyone I know that Mavis Discount Tire is the shop to get your automobile looked at and repaired at a great price with knowledgeable employees. Thanks.

Had an oil change and a 2 tires with a leak, was in and out and Jerry, the service manager, was and is a true gentleman, funny, knowledgeable and, most important, honest. Never tries to "upsell" or get you to make unnecessary repairs, if he can get your repair done a little cheaper or can save a repair for a little later on, albeit it safely, he will do so. He is patient with both customers and the techs, some of whom are young and just getting started, answers all questions and makes recommendations with the customer's best interest at heart.

Visited Mavis for a NYS inspection yesterday. Quick check in and turn around even without an appointment. We use Mavis for a variety of services including tires, regular maintenance. Always pleased with the honesty and professionalism of the staff. Highly recommend the Poughkeepsie Mavis team.

I scheduled an appointment to have tires put on. I called the day of my appointment to get a price match for the tires. When I called the guy, Paul, was extremely rude, and seemed not to be listening to me at all. He said that they had an appointment to mount tires, but they did not have them in the store and they would be on the shipment coming in today. So, I had to push my appointment back. When the truck arrived he called me back to tell me that they sent the wrong size tires: 255's. I said, "no, that is what I ordered." He said that the reservation stated that I was to receive 225's. I brushed it off because although two mistakes were made, the end result was me getting what I wanted. Then he told me that he could not do the price match because the tire size was different from the order. I called the call center and did indeed get my price match, but also got hung up on by the call center.

Finally, I went to the store and got my tires. I wanted to keep one tire that still had some life in it as a spare, which I told them when I dropped off my truck. When I got the truck back I almost left without the tire because they did not leave it in the back as I requested. I got the tire and realized when I got home that they charged me to recycle 4 tires even though I kept the good one. Only $2.50, not worth trying to deal with these people again. Everyone in the place looked like hell. Dirty clothes, hair, and rude. The mechanics looked like true degenerates. Never will go back. 2 stars only because I got the price match and they managed to get the tires on the damn truck.

The team stayed late to install my tires and did a great job. We bring good our family cars here and they never disappointed us. Excellent service desk and mechanics. The prices are also very competitive. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Manager Sal & the mechanic who checked my tires were extremely courteous & took time to explain me different tires to help me understand which will be better tire for my car. I will definitely go back to purchase Tire for my other cars.

I went into Mavis Tire Matamoras, PA to get a price on tires. I showed Santo, at Mavis what I was looking for so he had the specifications written down for him to check. He gave me a price and I agreed to have him get me the tires. That was on a Monday. We set up an appointment for that Friday. So now it's Friday and I go in to get the 4 tires mounted. I am told that Santo gave me the price on the wrong size tires and the price would be substantially higher. N/A. Since it was the fault of Mavis I felt they should have honored the price I was quoted.

I guess I was wrong because they wouldn't meet the price I was quoted. They were willing to give me a tire rated for 20000 miles less for a comparable price. I left. On the way out I was told that they would give me a wheel alignment if I needed one. Mind you I wasted 4 days waiting for the tires and another 3 hours when I went to get the tires mounted. I also was very disappointed and disgusted with Mavis. We had used this Mavis before for work but we won't ever use them again.

I originally went in to check on pricing and availability not really planning on getting tires. I was extremely pleased to find that they not only had the tires in stock but they were cheaper than I expected. The employees not only were courteous but knew what tires I needed for my needs. Thanks a lot.

In need of four new tires and not finding them in my usual retailer, I decided to try Mavis. The sales representative was professional and very informative regarding my vehicle's needs and availability. The tires needed to be order but deliver was within two days. During installation it was found I needed to have my rear brakes replace. In addition, my alignment was checked and was found to be a little off. For a car being two years old and the way it felt lately while driving, none of these repairs were surprising to me. All the work was done in a very timely fashion. While driving my vehicle home I felt I had made the right decision going to Mavis. My car never ran smoother or quieter even when new. Mavis is my new tire store for me and my family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Mavis replace the alternator and do brakes for me. I'm happy with them. They assisted me thoroughly and did everything they could do for me, even though the part was very expensive. I've used that shop even before it became Mavis. It's because the gentleman who worked there is a neighborhood guy.

From the manager to the service tech, great people. Staff treat you like they would their own family, making sure you're understanding what's going on. Fred the manager is like a loving uncle, helping you to make the right decision and to save money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed snow tires when my husband got a new car, and the price there at Mavis was just right. This is now our second season using them. We've gone there due to some issues and my husband has put them on and off for the last couple of years, but we haven't been charged. They provide excellent service and they've been great.

Brought my car in unexpectedly on a busy day because my tire was leaking. Fred was very courteous, professional and even though they were busy, not only took care of the problem but checked the other tires and found a problem with a leaking bead. They took care of both problems in short order. Definitely will come back and will recommend to others!

I came to Suburban because I was looking for a particular tire. Also it was close to my home and I didn't have to drive across the state to accomplish my task. They had a large selection of tires and I had multiple choices. I hope that I made the right choice. The Manager, Mike was very helpful and he really made me feel at ease with the choice that I made. I will definitely return to Suburban Discount Tire for service in the future when I need to. Thank you Mike for your professionalism and expertise.

Mavis was so professional with my Cadillac when replacing my brakes. They address all my concerns and put me at ease. Thank you Mavis. All the employee show real customer care and concern. I would recommend you to all my family and friends.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Profile