Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 227 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With over 50 years experience in tire expertise, Mavis Discount Tire is one of the largest independent multi-brand tire dealers in the US. With service center locations in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, we are proud to offer a variety of quality services to suit your needs.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 22, 2018

1728 Mavis Discount Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

This was an unplanned appointment necessitated by a tire blow-out. Greg was very helpful and knowledgeable in breaking down the pros and cons of my tire choices. Service was prompt and courteous. Location was also convenient to my workplace, and one of his staff dropped me off at the office, while the work was being done.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Replaced tires. Gentleman at the counter was very friendly and not a pushy salesman. Called when my car was done and told me his recommendations without being condescending. Location was very convenient to my home. Everyone in the business was courteous and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Excellent, professional, courteous service at a reasonable price. Our family and friends have always had a good experience at the Webster N.Y. location. We have done business with Mavis/Cole for over twenty years and highly recommend this location. I would like to commend the store manager and give him my vote of confidence.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Everyone was very helpful. I have already recommended this company to several acquaintances who live in Atlanta. They were honest and provided what was needed. In all my travels, this was the most professional customer care group that I have ever experienced.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Very fast work, explained everything easily and were priced fair. Very clean and relaxing waiting area with tv employees kept me up to date and made the whole experience very painless. I highly recommend this location and its employees. I drove an extra 20 min out of the way just to come here because they are always on point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Rear brakes - The service was great and they finished my car 30 minutes earlier than the time they told me. I'll go back to have my car serviced again. I will recommend them to a friend. So they can experience that great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This Kauffman location on Mundy Mill is the best I have ever seen. Fair, honest and thorough. They only do the work that needs doing. I would very highly recommend them. When I leave I do so with confidence that my car is taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

When I walked in, I was immediately asked if I needed help. I told the associate the problems I was having with my vehicle and he was very knowledgeable of what possible problems it might be. I left my vehicle there for them to do a diagnostic test and he called me later in the day with what they found and gave me a complete estimate of the cost and other recommendations. He let me decide what service I wanted done... no pressure. I was very satisfied with the overall experience and will be using this facility again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

The tires were a good price and installed and balanced by the close of the days. The 12V battery failed unexpectedly (the auxiliary battery on a Nissan Leaf) and it was diagnosed and replaced by the next morning. They did great work and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Both Mike and Joe took excellent care of me when I came in for an oil change. Great job! Keep up the good work! I always come to Mavis for all of my car maintenance, and I am always satisfied with the service I get.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Favourite place to service my auto. Mavis Discount Tires knows how to treat motorists. I will always recommend my friend and family to visit Mavis Discount Tires. Since I have been a owner of automobiles I have been visiting Mavis Discount Tires for all my auto tire other service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I needed tires. My friend works for Mavis and he was very helpful. The quality of the items is very good and their reps were very good too.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My husband did maintenance on his car. Staff were professional, and price was very reasonable. My husband wanted a few things to be checked, and they did it and explained in detail in person and the bill. We highly recommend this place!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The folks at Mavis Discount Tires tried to replace the tires that I had but that didn’t work out, so they recommended that I get new tires because they were a little worn. And I figured it was probably time to do that as well. I used Mavis Discount Tires a number of years ago and they're pretty close to where I live so I bought four new tires from them. I’ve used them for about three months now and the tires have been good. I was happy with their reps too and overall, it was a great experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Great attitude, great service! Got a flat from a pothole and had the car towed to Mavis at 4 AM. Mike took care of me and is a compliment to your organization. I recommend Mavis to my friends. Couldn’t be happier with my many experiences at Mavis.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Mavis Tires is in our local community. It was convenient and the prices were good. I’ve been going there for some years. I had gotten snow tires for my truck or the van. And some other tires now and then like Goodyear or what they have on sale. I have been generally very much happy with them every time. They change managers and I don’t know if they purposely move them around from store to store or if it’s some personal preference for them to move along. But the new crew which is the third crew I’m dealing with have all been very helpful. Everything has been a positive experience. They’re very accommodatin and they generally have fast turnaround on service, even on special order parts. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I am very pleased with the tire repair performed at this location today. They looked at my tire on short notice and very thoroughly examined it to find the problem. They replaced the valve stem and I was on my way. However, I WOULD NOT recommend the Stefko Boulevard location. I had my tires installed there and had to return because they didn't change the valve stems. Today I found out that they may have never changed them at all. The technician stated that the valve stems liked pretty old, but the tires are less than 2 years old. I will return to the Trexlertown location in the future because of their straightforwardness and attention to detail.

Resolution response: Jan. 9, 2018

Over the weekend, the Regional District Manager, Carlos, contacted me requesting that I bring the damaged tire to the Mavis location where my tires were originally installed. As luck would have it, my parked car was hit the same day Carlos contacted me (a neighbor believes my parked car was hit by a snow plow from the "Bomb Cyclone"). The accident resulted in damage that could have been misconstrued as the original tire not being defective, but caused by the accident. I promptly filed a police report to note the date of the accident and called Will, from Mavis, asking how I should proceed given this untimely information. After Will spoke with Carlos, I was told to bring in the original tire. I dropped it off in the morning to Thomas, for the tire to be inspected to see if it was defective. Thomas didn't tell me the results of the inspection, not did I ask, but he did tell me to bring my car in that afternoon and my tire was replaced. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I appreciated the prompt response and the resolution was fairly seamless. I am still going to request a refund for the patch and temporary tire change from when my tire blew and will update this review with my response ($60), if this site allows. Overall, I felt as though Mavis handled the situation well.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

On May 6, 2017, I brought my 2013 Fiat 500 to Mavis to have all four tires changed to new Conti ProContact Bk XL tires. Two days ago, on January 2, 2018, slightly less than 8 months later, the front left tire blew out while driving 50MPH along the FDR Drive in NYC. This car has been driven very carefully since receiving the new tires. There was no impact or puncture but the tire was flat. Upon further inspection, the damage was on the sidewall of the tire. This is unacceptable. The tire was either defective or there was negligence during the installation. I am now concerned about the other three tires. I wrote to customer service two days ago to register my complaint and have not received a response.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Change oil, steering fluid and purchase a tire and battery. Mechanic was polite and thorough with repairs. Left car in nice condition, very pleased. Will return soon to purchase tires and brakes for the back of the car. Thank you for your service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Why such a disparity in pricing a simple item like a battery? Long Beach says they have to see the car, I don't know why, the car's been serviced there before; Island Park is $129.99; they have also serviced the car; Massapequa Park is $110, also serviced the car; and, my son had his replaced at Franklin Square for $90. 45% difference? How much price difference would there be if I needed 4 tires, brakes, and an alignment?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I had purchased tires from Mavis two years ago. They just opened up near me and I figured I'd try them on and I liked them. They’ve fixed a few flat tires for me, and they’re great people. I would definitely recommend them to anybody. In fact, I already got 40,000 miles on my new car and probably within a year, I’ll have to get tires and that’s where I’m going to go.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I like Mavis Tires. They’re very convenient from where I live and work and they have given me very good service. I had my oil changed there multiple times, and the goods I've purchased there were very good. Overall, I had a very positive experience. Not only do I highly recommend them, I would be patronizing Mavis Tires in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I needed a new battery late in the afternoon on New Year's Eve... I called and they told me to come right over. They replaced the battery in less than 30 minutes... I think they even stayed past closing to get the job done. Truly appreciated it!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Made an appt to get 2 tires and wheel alignment. Received a confirmation from shop about tire appt. Went to shop and was told 2 hours later that they didn't have my tires and the wrong ones were sent. The rep Tried to sell me another set but I declined. Earlier the same thing happened to another customer while I was checking in. The rep told me that my correct tires were not available by any Mavis shop. I was told that when I ordered the tires I was speaking to a sales rep not at the East Windsor shop and that it was a call center. I find it wrong that a company can operate this way. Will advise all to stay away from Mavis in East Windsor NJ.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Excellent customer service and very friendly staff. They fixed my flat tire very quickly and ensured that it would be a high quality repair by replacing my valve stem and cleaning off build up on my rim. Will be purchasing here in the future.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Mavis was close to my yard so I went over there and got a new tire. So far, everything is fine and I would tell friends that they have reasonable prices for tires.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

As usual, the work required was done at the quoted price with no surprises or additional work required. For me the idea to be quoted a price and not having any up selling are the key to getting and keeping my business.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Excellent service. I would not go anywhere else. They treated me with respect and very friendly. Listen to what I wanted and they complied. They took care of my light truck like it was new. They have a very good crew here at Nanuet of Rockland.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I’m on the verge of never using them again. I had gotten tires ten months ago. At the beginning of the year right around Thanksgiving, I took the vehicle in for an oil change. I had a squeak at the back of my car, so I asked them what the squeak was. They came out and said that I needed two front tires and I needed an alignment but when I got the tires then, I asked them about the alignment. They told me I did not need one which I thought was very odd. So I had spent about $700 earlier in the year on tires. Then they said that the squeak was due to struts and shocks. I got 160,000 miles on the car.

I ended up going out of town that weekend and got a rental so they could work on the car. So $1,400 later, I had struts, shocks, oil change. We negotiated only paying for the two tires for what I used mileage-wise so I didn’t have to pay the full price for the tires. However, the squeak is still on the back, so I took it back to them again and asked what the squeak was. Somebody else put it up on a lift, looked at it and said that it was the bushing. I asked if it needed to be fixed at that time and he said "No," unless the squeak annoyed me that much. I would have it fixed on my next change oil.

Now, I feel I’ve been screwed that I spent $1,200 on shocks and struts on my vehicle. The day after they did the oil change, I kept smelling something so they spilled oil all over inside which I still smell. They said that they would wash it but I don’t want them spraying water in it. The temperature has been below freezing for over a week, so I’m waiting for the temperature to get a little warmer to take it back to them and to let them clean the engine compartment. When the last guy looked at it because of the smell, he found nuts sitting up there around the edge where they took either the struts or shocks. I am not happy with their service right now. I will go back and I’d give them one more try for the next oil change and for them to fix the squeak and the bushing.

I also told the manager that he needs to find out which techs worked on my car the last two times I was in there because I don’t want those two guys ever to touch my vehicle again. Right now, Mavis is a really bad word in my household. The manager said that he would wash it the next time and it is going to take only a few minutes to let the car cool down a little bit. Whenever I have time, he was willing to work with me. They pulled into the bath, washed it right away and sent me on my way. He knew I was pissed. I really felt that I did not need struts or shocks because my car is not driving any differently than what it did before that.

In addition, the control arm was making a clinking noise, so they lowered it, and the noise stopped. But the tires got screwed up because the alignment wasn’t done right. I’ll accept the tires and the oil changes but the struts and shocks were almost a $1,000 alone. I just made the first installment on the Mavis card. I really have a bad taste in the mouth for them so they will not get good references from me, at least not the location in my town.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I've gone through three tire exchanges with Mavis and they've been good. Their reps didn't snow job me and actually took me out to the mechanic and showed me the fault. He also told me that it's not worth just getting the tire and I need to get stabilizers underneath. He explained it to me and I was happy about that. However, on the second tire exchange that I had, I asked them for four new tires, which they gave me, but one of them was not the same tire. It was only brought to my attention at a tire rotation. I went back to Mavis recently and told them that and one of their guys told me that I should have brought the car back and they would have corrected the issue. I was annoyed at that because they shouldn't have made that mistake since it was their job. But they told me that that won't happen again. They also gave me what I asked for at a decent price. They fixed it timely as well and got me a cab. It was good public relations.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information

www.mavistire.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use