Mavis Discount Tires

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was extremely satisfied with the work done by the team at the Mavis Discount Tire in Pleasantville, NY. I dropped my car in the early afternoon on a Sunday and got it back by the close of business. John, the manager on site, was very helpful and truly cared about my car and safety. I will visit this location again.

Removal and installation of left front hub and bearing, done in a timely manner, curious staff and prices comparable to part stores. Will be a return customer in the future and will recommend friends and family to the business for their repairs.

I had a tire that was going flat fast and they took me in as soon as I arrived and finished the job quickly for a good price. I have been here a number of times and have not been disappointed with their work.

I am very pleased with the service at my local Mavis. We are a used car dealership. We use Mavis in Matamoras PA for mount and balance of our tires, PA state inspections, and alignments. Patty and other white shirts are very pleasant and helpful!

Edward, Harold and Fred are all to be commended for the excellent service I received when I brought my son's tires there to be changed on different rims. Fred did an excellent job. Edward had my car brought into the shop to make it easier to access the tires I brought in my car.

Had a wonderful experience at the Warwick Mavis yesterday. I was attended to quickly and treated very well. Can't say the same about the Florida Mavis - call to get info and was totally turned off by the guy that answered the phone. Jay and his crew were fantastic. Now that team knows good customer service!!!???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

I researched the price of new tires online and called my local Mavis Tire Center. They quoted $600. Tax excluded for four tires which was $40 less than online. I then went to that shop to purchase them. Upon arrival the manager Kurt ** quoted $750 for the same tires! I explained that I just got off the phone with someone at his store (I called the store direct) that quoted $600. He said it wasn't him. I told him I was leaving and going elsewhere and this was "bait and switch." After a few minutes he sold the tires for $600! Upon completion he told me I was in need of a wheel alignment badly! On Monday I had my car serviced and inspected by my own mechanic who has been servicing my cars for 26 years. Also my tire were worn evenly and the car drives straight and true. My concerns are for the novice driver and unsuspecting woman that trust the Mavis Tire name to be taken advantage of. People like Kurt ** should not be in a position to cheat people.

Wonderful service. Great price. Would not go anywhere else. Manager went above and beyond. They helped us with price and made us feel comfortable. Coffee and TV while we waited. Did an excellent job from start to finish. I would highly recommend Rotterdam Mavis.

I was treated with respect & honesty, which is hard to find. I never expected as good a treatment as I got. They are a 10. Thank you very much for your service with a smile attitude, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

Everyone here is very nice, always good service. I never feel unwelcome, Brooks always knows what I need. I never feel like I am going to get robbed. Whenever I come it's always very fast. Never longer than I expect. Quality work for a affordable price.

My 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman had a alarm for low tire pressure on the right side rear tire. The tire was removed, repaired and balanced quickly. I was pleased that there was a convenient waiting area and I was able to make productive use of my wait time.

I was kind of disappointed that Mavis did not have the tool to complete my front headlight bulb changed. Due to the fact that they had to take bumper off and there was a clip and that is where the tool would of been handy for them to have. They were able to get my brakes and rotors done in a great time and answered all my questions. They did everything properly and were very professional and courteous.

I had my Camry serviced here (Oil change and tire rotation) and as always they do a great job with no strings attached. I would never go anywhere else to have any of my cars done. They do their best to repair my cars and the price is fair and the help is even better, what a great repair shop.

The service manager handled my request for repairs in an expeditious manner. He even pointed out a tire problem I had which I was not aware of and fixed it while I waited. The technician who worked on my car was extremely knowledgeable and displayed professionalism.

I've been going to Mavis Tires for the last 10 years. It was convenient and it's the most important thing. They took my car right away the first time I had it taken there. I purchased tires around November last year and everything was good. The only thing is that I gotta get used to somebody. I like to feel comfortable with the same people but they move their people around. They went through a bunch of managers. But the people that I dealt with have been very accommodating. The last two times I went there was for inspection and I'm very satisfied with them. They're honest, diagnose properly and they've always been successful in all the work they've done. It's always been a positive experience and I would recommend them to my friends. Go to Mavis before you go to a dealership.

West Haverstraw - Purchased new tires for my daughter, had them insured, had 2 blowouts the same day. Had to spend more money on labor. Then 2 months went by had a better company service my oils and brakes and rotors. They called me in to tell me if I knew that all the tires on my car were different??? WTF. I will never go back to them. A bunch of crooks.

I scheduled tires on Mavis.com to have 4 new tires to be installed. I was put in contact with local STS tire (Mavis bought out STS). Tires were delivered as promised the next day and at time of appointment I had asked if the DOT # (determines week and year tire was made) was current. The salesman advised yes and said they just came off truck and we're sitting in front of entrance. When I went to inspect all 4 tires the DOT was 4313 indicating they were made the 43 week of 2013! A first in my 30 years of car ownership. My complaint was twofold. One, the nerve to pass along 4 year old tires to consumer expecting new tires and two, when I asked if DOT was current I shouldn't be told something salesman didn't know it possibly lied about. Needless to say I am going to another tire store who has 2016 tires for me.

I needed service and Mavis Discount Tire was close to home. I did rotor, brakes, four tires and some engine job with them. However the service kind of have me up in the air right now. One of the things that I took the car there for was because it was overheating so I had that checked. About two weeks later, I had to go back there because it was overheating again and was shutting on and off. Because of that, they changed the fuel something and it's still doing the same thing. So I'm just going to take it back to the dealer to see what's really going on because the last five times that I have gone back and forth to Mavis have been rough.

Very honest and helpful in explaining the problem and how to fix it. The problem was correctly fixed and the car was delivered on time. I have a very good understanding of cars and there was no BS. Harry the GM is fantastic!!! Could not recommend this place more!!!

We have a local Mavis Tire and I have gone in on occasion when I run into a problem with a tire. I like the service and the work was good. The people I came in contact with at the store were polite, helpful and kept me informed. As a female with a car, you don't always get treated in that manner. I felt comfortable. Their representatives said they would take care of the problem and they would do it in however long they said it would take. I would definitely recommend Mavis Tire to a friend.

I needed tires for my vehicle and Mavis had the ones I was reviewing. I got Cooper truck tires from them and they have been fine. Mavis also took care of an emergency repair of a tire for me. Their reps and their service have been excellent.

Yesterday I got a flat tire on the highway. Just by luck, the next exit was a mile away and there was a Mavis (where I had gotten my snow tires and the $12 insurance on each tire). It was about 6:00pm and the location was closed. However I explained the situation, I had my baby in the car and he told me to come in. Within 40 minutes I was on my way with a new tire. Thank god! It really was the luckiest break when it comes to something tough like a flat tire. They were very compassionate to help me when they were closed and it saved the day.

I've been using Mavis for 25 years. I always go there for my tires, oil change, and car suspension. Once in a while, things will take a little longer than they're supposed to. But I find them very accommodating and apologetic. And in other ways, they take care of me, so that's why I go back to them. They generally do a very good job and I would certainly recommend Mavis Discount Tire.

My son purchased 4 Michelin tires at the Mavis Discount tires at 166-15 Baisley Blvd, Jamaica, 11434 on April 7, 2017. He also requested alignment and balancing of the new tires. He complained to his dad that when he drove the car it was wobbling, so his dad checked it out. Well all 4 Michelin tires were installed inside out. We requested that the tires be replaced and the alignment and balancing be redone. Since they messed up the tires by installing them incorrectly, the tires were already worn in. And if they didn't do a good job with the tires, that means they didn't do a good job with the alignment and balancing. How could you balance and align tires that were incorrectly installed!!?? The customer service guy was very rude and did not have any idea how to provide a service.

I will be going back to speak with the Manager and see what will come out of it. My son could have been in an accident, which would be much more than me asking for replacement tires, alignment and balancing. If you are providing a service, you should provide a good service. I could understand if one of the tires were installed incorrectly, but all 4 tires, showing that there is absolutely no quality check.

I've always gone to Mavis Discount Tires for at least 5 years now. The first time I went there, they were convenient. After that, it was because they were always professional and they’re always good guys whoever owned it. I usually go to the one on Jericho Turnpike in Smithtown, New York. That one and the one in Jericho Turnpike in Huntington Station. I've gone back and forth between them. It depends on where I was when I got a problem. I got an inspection a couple of weeks ago, and my most recent purchase was tires and that was about a year ago. I’ve also had my brakes done there and flats fixed. Mavis always treated me right. They really did. It was one time that I was in a bind because it was late and the guy stayed open to take care of me.

Today I went to Mavis tire at 4100 Boston road in the Bronx for a wheel alignment. After 45 minutes ** wanted to sell me something but I told him no so he got upset and didn't want to do the wheel alignment anymore. He took my car keys and threw it across the desk and said he is not ** doing my job.

Always great service and great prices... That is why I continue to have my personal car and my company van serviced at the Scarsdale, NY location. The service people are honest and won't sell you things that you don't need which is a relief nowadays.

My experience with Mavis Tire was great. I’ve gone to them before. I’ve lived here for six years and I’ve changed a couple of different cars, and I have changed their tires through Mavis a number of times. I like their price and that they're local. I had tires and sway bars and I did front-end alignment from them too. Their products are excellent, and their reps were professional and very personable. They explained everything and there were no surprises. It’s definitely a decent place to do business with. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

I have never had any dealing with this company or owned Uniroyal tires before this purchase. Manager Dan was prompt, pleasant and I thought knowledgeable. We discussed my purchase and an appointment was made, I dropped off the car and in a very reasonable time received a call that the vehicle was ready. The price I paid for the tires I wanted and a couple options I chose was significantly less than I expected. I was happy to find a disposable seat cover was used and a paper floor mat. If the tires serve as well as Dan and his shop I will be back for the next set.

Mavis Discount Tires was next to a store that I deal with and so I went with them because of the convenience. They fixed one of my tires and inspected my car. They knew what they were doing, the quality of the services was fine and the price was right.

The staff was very professional and attentive also courteous and I'm very happy with my new tires, oil change. Also the follow up that is allowed by Mavis for free tire rotation and the insurance that is available to protect your investment. Keep up the good work.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Profile