4.8/5 (652 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mavis Discount Tires

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

Pros

• Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires

Cons

• Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Bottom Line

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

Top Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Verified

Very honest in their evaluation of the condition of the car. Replaced only the ones need changing. Doesn't scare nor pressure the owner of the car to replace parts. The place is r...

Verified

Got a flat on a Sunday morning. Left my car in the lot and used the Dropbox for the car keys. My tire was patched and the car was ready for pickup that afternoon. Very reliable an...

Mavis Discount Tire services

Mavis Discount Tire is known for offering name-brand tires at discount prices, but it also performs multiple services for cars and trucks. Some of these services include:

• Tire repair: Mavis Discount Tire repairs punctures in the tire tread to prevent further tire damage and maintain proper tire air pressure. When you have a flat tire replaced at Mavis, it also includes rebalancing in its repair services.
  • Brake services: Mavis Discount Tire offers free brake inspections and can take care of high-pitched squealing, grinding noises and other issues preventing your car from stopping safely.
  • Muffler and exhaust: Mavis Discount Tire replaces mufflers, tailpipes, catalytic converters and exhaust systems every day. Its services can help reduce engine exhaust noise and increase engine performance.
  • Wheel alignment: Mavis performs computerized wheel alignment daily. The service can extend the tire tread life and improve fuel economy. Proper wheel alignment also reduces suspension wear.
  • Shocks and suspension: If you notice your vehicle shocks are broken, damaged or leaking fluid or that your ride has become increasingly bumpy and bouncy, it could be an issue with your shocks, struts or suspension system. Mavis Discount Tire inspects your vehicle and makes any necessary replacements or repairs.
  • Inspections: Mavis Tires and Brakes offers inspections in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
  • Oil change: When you get your oil changed at Mavis Discount Tire, the company includes a free safety check. It adds up to 5 quarts of oil and changes your filter. Mavis employees use a clean oil change technique that ensures any old motor oil from your car is caught and recycled properly.
  • Car battery: If your car is not starting or you've had to jump-start your car, it may be time for a new battery. Mavis Discount Tire Offers battery testing and replacement services at all of its locations.
  • Tire rotation: Rotating your tires extends your tire tread life, helps preserve balanced handling and maintains traction. To keep the treadwear warranty valid, most tire manufacturers require regular tire rotation.

Mavis tire prices

Mavis Discount Tire offers promotional codes, deals and discounts on its website for tire services. Some of its discounts include 10% off for essential workers, six-month special financing and rebates on name-brand tires such as Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.

Customers can also print coupons and redeem them at any Mavis Discount Tire location.

Since tire prices vary greatly based on the manufacturer, vehicle type and size, we recommend using the Mavis Discount Tire search feature to look for tires specifically made for your vehicle.

Prices for popular vehicles include:

• Tire prices for a 2015 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x2 range from $116 to $265 per tire.
  • Tire prices for a 2000 Honda Accord SE range from $45 to $126 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2019 Infiniti Q50 Luxe range from $92 to $252 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle range from $54 to $239 per tire

Prices on the lower end are for entry-level series, while more expensive tires are high-performance options.

Mavis Discount Tire FAQ

How much does Mavis charge to install tires?
Mavis Discount Tire charges $20 a tire for mounting and balancing.
How much is a wheel alignment at Mavis?
Mavis charges between $80 and $100 to align all four wheels.
What time does Mavis Discount Tires open?
Most Mavis locations open at 8 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
How long has Mavis Discount Tire been in business?
Mavis Discount Tire has been in business since 1972.

Do we recommend Mavis Discount Tire?

Mavis Discount Tire combines the feel of a small business with the resources, knowledge and expertise of a nationally recognized tire and auto parts store. Its 30-day price guarantee lets customers shop with confidence, and we recommend using Mavis Discount Tire for any tire purchases or necessary auto service.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: May 18, 2022

Last year, we had a nail in the tire of our newly purchased used car. We brought it to another tire place and they were not helpful. So we drove to the nearest place we could find Bayonne Mavis. What a great find. He did such an excellent job on the repair and almost a year later here we are because I remember the amazing service from the nail in the tire. I made reservations for 4 new tires installation and an oil change. It was a busy day and a lot of folks were in the waiting room. I forgot to mention I needed an alignment so when they were done, I mentioned I wanted to make another appointment. Trevor in front said he can get check with the service team. He came back and they were able to do it all in one visit! The prices here definitely beat the car dealership service center. I also did a comparison with other tires places and Mavis was still cheaper. Due to the excellent service and time frame, I will be coming back. Thank you for your service!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I first went to Mr. Tire in Tinton Falls (whom I later learned had tried to scam me) & next thankfully to the honest folks at Mavis in Shrewsbury for brakes grinding noise. Mavis advised all I needed was new front brake pads which they fully replaced for a discounted total of $138 - that the more expensive front brake rotors were thankfully fine and the back brakes were also completely fine with neither needing parts replaced.

This was happily surprising news because I'd been lied to by MR. TIRE in TINTON FALLS NJ who had seen the car first & given a written quote of $964 that included replacing things that did not need replacing. In addition to front brake pads, Mr. Tire falsely claimed also needed to replace front rotors, rear brake shoes and rear brake drums despite that they did not need to be replaced as confirmed by Mavis. I know nothing about cars and Mr. Tire decided that meant I was a sucker who they could scam out of almost $1,000. Mavis served me promptly, was friendly and professional but more importantly they're honest and have integrity.

Original review: July 26, 2021

From the lady who greeted me at the front counter to the manager who came in to help and the technician Daniel who service my car were all helpful, caring and empathetic to my situation! My family and I were on our way back from the airport where my tire started to blow out. We’re coming into town because our family member had passed. So as you can imagine being with a blown tire was the last thing we needed to deal with. The whole team had a full schedule and didn’t really have room to service my vehicle but they made a way to bring my car straight in and less than 30 minutes have my tire changed and we were back on the road headed to the rest of our family. They were so empathetic the whole time we were there. They turned a horrible situation into something great! It’s hard to find genuine people these days and that whole team from beginning to end was wonderful!!

Original review: July 24, 2021

I needed brakes and rotors for a hot minute. I did some light research, and called my local guy who did my oil changes. Some stores offer a senior discount, and since my momz was helping, I asked if they had such a discount. They said they could, however, they just raised the quote (originally quoted $350 for both pads and rotors) to $380 and reduced it to $350.)

Decided to look deeper. At one point I reached out to a tech on Craigslist, who stated he could install both pads/rotors for $100. I would just buy the parts from Amazon/Rockauto. Out the door at $165/$175. Obviously there are no guarantees when one does it this way. Continued to dive deeper, local shops that were recommended by friends were more expensive, quoting me $400/$450. I hate to say this, but being a woman, we still get taken advantage off. Fortunately for me, I went to vocational school, and one class was auto-tech. I'm not saying I am a mechanic, however I am aware how brakes and rotors work and concerned that I might also need calipers, since I've been driving with my rotors grinding. But I kept this to myself.

Mavis Auto was my next call. Immediately, when I spoke to Josh, he made me feel trusted. He quoted me $297 for pads and rotors. When I asked for the senior discount, without flinching or catching an attitude, he said no problem, he could do 10% off - $270 out the door. We (Momz and I) decided to bring Bella in to Mavis. They got me in right away, said it would be about two hours. Midway through, Josh brought me back to show me how the tire wasn't spinning the way it should, meaning I might need new calipers (which are the most expensive part of the braking system). He explained mine *should* be okay, and they could probably work with them, but wanted to prepare me if this was the case. About 30 minutes later, he comes out and tells me my calipers were good. This impressed me, since they could have gotten away with installing new calipers - and charging me close to $250/$300 - raising the total to $570.

I don't usually bother with reviews. However, this warranted one. When it came time to pay, the total was $259.02 - saving me an extra $11 bucks. They were quick, efficient and kind. I highly recommend Mavis for brakes/rotors, and even whatever else you might need. Being an honest company, with honest employees who seem to love their gig, you cannot go wrong with them. They have a new client for life.

Original review: July 13, 2021

On July 11, 2021, I brought my car to the Denville, NJ Mavis on Righter Ave. I had had my car serviced at the Rockaway, NJ station the day before, and was not happy with the $1230.70 repair. Soon after I had left that station I realized that the car, which had had rotors and pads replaced, was shaking and smoking from the rear brakes. I went back to the Rockaway station, but it was late, and was told to come back in the morning-Saturday, and they would check it. I was there at 8a,m, waited several hours, The car was driven around the parking lot, and I was told there was nothing wrong with the car, if I wanted a further evaluation, I had to make an appointment. An argument ensued with the manager-long story short, I left and brought the car to the Denville store.

Although the car was left until Monday, the Denville store was courteous, professional and thorough in diagnosing the problem-Travis, the mechanic did an OUTSTANDING job. Although the Rockaway NJ brake job was technically correct, he determined that the smoking and the warping of the NEW rotors was caused by the emergency brake, which had been adjusted by Rockaway. And no-I wasn't driving the car with the emergency brake on. But all's well that ends well. I will definitely return to the DENVILLE, NJ Mavis and am more than happy that I found a facility and a mechanic-TRAVIS that is competent AND willing to go the extra mile. Actually, the entire staff at Denville was very friendly. and customer centric. BTW, my mother went to the Rockaway store on Monday morning to talk about the incident, and calmly said, "I'm here about the green Jeep," to which the manager replied, "YEAH, and what about it?"

Original review: June 23, 2022

I go here routinely for oil changes, tire changes and other minor car stuff. The team always does a great job, they hustle to get customers out asap and the manager runs a tight ship and that's how it should be. I always have a pleasant experience and I have probably used them 18-20 times at this point.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I’ve taken my vehicle up here for more than 5+yrs and they’ve always taken care of my vehicle with reasonable prices. I’m a mom of 3 so it’s very relieving when something goes wrong with my vehicle and I know I can bring it to the shop and they’re always straightforward and honest about what needs to be done. Highly recommend!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Always have a good experience at the Lebanon location. They can get my car in to get serviced around my work schedule. They are always fair and honest, never overcharge or take advantage. Always professional and courteous. I don’t take my car anywhere else.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Normally one does not expect a great experience at an auto store. Mavis and Bartram Park exceeded my expectations in both quality and price point. I highly recommend Mavis! The gentleman at the front desk was helping all the customers with a smile on his face and was explaining everything to the customer. Again great experience and I will be returning to Mavis and Bartram Park for all my automotive needs.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Replace run flat tire damaged by pothole. They did a great job. Completed promptly while I waited. Treated very nicely by Rich. Fair price. Also treated my son fairly with his new tire and shocks. Would recommend Mavis to anyone.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information