4.9/5 (613 ratings)

About Mavis Discount Tires

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

Pros

• Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires

Cons

• Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Bottom Line

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

Top Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Verified

Very honest in their evaluation of the condition of the car. Replaced only the ones need changing. Doesn't scare nor pressure the owner of the car to replace parts. The place is r...

Verified

Got a flat on a Sunday morning. Left my car in the lot and used the Dropbox for the car keys. My tire was patched and the car was ready for pickup that afternoon. Very reliable an...

Mavis Discount Tire services

Mavis Discount Tire is known for offering name-brand tires at discount prices, but it also performs multiple services for cars and trucks. Some of these services include:

• Tire repair: Mavis Discount Tire repairs punctures in the tire tread to prevent further tire damage and maintain proper tire air pressure. When you have a flat tire replaced at Mavis, it also includes rebalancing in its repair services.
  • Brake services: Mavis Discount Tire offers free brake inspections and can take care of high-pitched squealing, grinding noises and other issues preventing your car from stopping safely.
  • Muffler and exhaust: Mavis Discount Tire replaces mufflers, tailpipes, catalytic converters and exhaust systems every day. Its services can help reduce engine exhaust noise and increase engine performance.
  • Wheel alignment: Mavis performs computerized wheel alignment daily. The service can extend the tire tread life and improve fuel economy. Proper wheel alignment also reduces suspension wear.
  • Shocks and suspension: If you notice your vehicle shocks are broken, damaged or leaking fluid or that your ride has become increasingly bumpy and bouncy, it could be an issue with your shocks, struts or suspension system. Mavis Discount Tire inspects your vehicle and makes any necessary replacements or repairs.
  • Inspections: Mavis Tires and Brakes offers inspections in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
  • Oil change: When you get your oil changed at Mavis Discount Tire, the company includes a free safety check. It adds up to 5 quarts of oil and changes your filter. Mavis employees use a clean oil change technique that ensures any old motor oil from your car is caught and recycled properly.
  • Car battery: If your car is not starting or you've had to jump-start your car, it may be time for a new battery. Mavis Discount Tire Offers battery testing and replacement services at all of its locations.
  • Tire rotation: Rotating your tires extends your tire tread life, helps preserve balanced handling and maintains traction. To keep the treadwear warranty valid, most tire manufacturers require regular tire rotation.

Mavis tire prices

Mavis Discount Tire offers promotional codes, deals and discounts on its website for tire services. Some of its discounts include 10% off for essential workers, six-month special financing and rebates on name-brand tires such as Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.

Customers can also print coupons and redeem them at any Mavis Discount Tire location.

Since tire prices vary greatly based on the manufacturer, vehicle type and size, we recommend using the Mavis Discount Tire search feature to look for tires specifically made for your vehicle.

Prices for popular vehicles include:

• Tire prices for a 2015 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x2 range from $116 to $265 per tire.
  • Tire prices for a 2000 Honda Accord SE range from $45 to $126 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2019 Infiniti Q50 Luxe range from $92 to $252 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle range from $54 to $239 per tire

Prices on the lower end are for entry-level series, while more expensive tires are high-performance options.

Mavis Discount Tire FAQ

How much does Mavis charge to install tires?
Mavis Discount Tire charges $20 a tire for mounting and balancing.
How much is a wheel alignment at Mavis?
Mavis charges between $80 and $100 to align all four wheels.
What time does Mavis Discount Tires open?
Most Mavis locations open at 8 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
How long has Mavis Discount Tire been in business?
Mavis Discount Tire has been in business since 1972.

Do we recommend Mavis Discount Tire?

Mavis Discount Tire combines the feel of a small business with the resources, knowledge and expertise of a nationally recognized tire and auto parts store. Its 30-day price guarantee lets customers shop with confidence, and we recommend using Mavis Discount Tire for any tire purchases or necessary auto service.

Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I'm one that evaluates a shop from their ratings online, to the way the staff interacts with their guest, and the environment of the shop before trusting them with my vehicle. Devon, who is the store manager was key to earning my trust. He created a relationship that allowed me to feel that he was going to treat my vehicle as if it were his. And he did! He did not try to oversell me on anything. He gave me recommended timelines when the work can be done, and also made me aware of other issues that were present that I should just know about for future references. His explanation for why certain issues arise during the lifespan of a vehicle and how they can be prevented was truly a bonus. Helped me to understand how to take care of my vehicle and save money. Would highly recommend. Only two shops in Buffalo I would go to, and both are Mavis. Check them out!!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Brick Mavis is amazing!!! Especially Mr Craig, who went above and beyond to help fix my issues that I’ve had going on from the Lakewood mavis. I went to Lakewood mavis (which I absolutely don't recommend) for a simple oil change. I have a 2005 Honda Accord LX 4 door that just hit 100,000. Only just me as the owner and I have a huge folder of all services done to my vehicle. Before mavis it was STS, and for the last 17 years, we have always gone to the Lakewood location because it is literally 1.5 miles from our house.

Well August of 2021 I went in for an oil change, and the tech comes in (while I’m sitting right there) and says to the manager matt, I think I just really ** up this car! I stripped the oil pan I think!!! He had no clue what he was doing!!! Lo and behold now all the employees are gathered around my car and I went out there to see what the hell was going on. Well they told me that their inexperienced employee stripped my oil pan, but they were going to make it right and put in a new oil pan, but I’ll be here for a few hours.

After almost seven hours sitting on the curb in 90 degree weather, because their ac wasn’t working, they said my new oil pan was in and they gave me (a “discounted price for my oil change for $55”) didn't give me a receipt or print out because he said his supervisor needed it…. The next day to show gratitude for them correcting the mistake they made, I sent over $200 the following day of food from the pizzeria for their lunch!!!! So January 2022 I call Lakewood mavis to schedule an oil change and they were packed until the following week. Thank god they couldn't see me!!!! I went to the Brick mavis and after they finished my oil change, the manager, George, told me I have a plug in my oil pan and I need a new oil pan soon…. I was in shock!!!!

Not only did I spend my whole day in the extreme heat on the curb while the manager lied right to my face and said they were putting in a new oil pan, but I sent them over $ 200 in lunch the following day to say thank you!!!! George told me to call mavis corporate that day, January 11th 2022, which I did and was in constant contact for one week and he promised my new oil pan will be in the following week, he's waiting for the oil pan… I explained to him that I’m having a huge operation on February 2nd and he assured me over and over that it’ll be done the following week way before my operation. Well George is a liar and I called and called and he would have other people start answering the phone and completely ignored me!!

I finally am recovered from my major operation and started calling mavis corporate to get this situation fixed. Craig from the Brick mavis had me in within four days and he got me in right away and was working non stop on my car putting the new oil pan in!!! He knew exactly what he was doing and was extremely knowledgeable because it was not an easy job!!! He worked in 90 degrees for almost five hours and put the new oil pan on!!!! Craig is the absolute best and so are the rest of his team, they all went above and beyond to fix a problem that they didn’t even cause!!!! I will never ever go to another mavis besides the Brick mavis!!! They are the best!!! Thank you so much for everything that you guys have done for me and making things right with my car! It may be a 2005, but it’s absolutely mint inside and out, always garage kept, never in an accident, always maintained with any maintenance needed, and I just hit 100,000 miles.

Lakewood mavis could have destroyed my whole car with the crappy plug they put in leaking oil! Also when they had my car on the lift in brick they showed me all the splatter of oil everywhere under my car!!! Which they also cleaned for me!!! They could have ruined my whole car with oil leaking and blown my engine and I sent them food to thank them for what??? Thank you again Craig and Brick mavis for taking such good care of me and in an extremely timely manner, I will be forever your customer!!!!

Original review: July 20, 2022

After coming 1282 miles to your Hazlet Store from Tampa Bay, Florida, front tires had excessive vibration at 60-65 mph. Came in, spoke with STEVE and GUY, requested a balancing of all four wheels. Within 45 mins, work was completed. 3 days later, because of wear on front tires, rotation was done again, within 45-60 mins. Came in 2 days later, for re-torque, which only took 10 mins. Upon my 3 visits to Hazlet Store on Rte.35, both STEVE and GUY provided me the Highest Standards of Customer Service; they were consistently Courteous and Professional and we had a lot of laughs together. We have a Mavis Store here in my town, although I have been a customer of Tire Kingdom for more than 35 years. Whenever I return to Monmouth County, I will always bring my tire and service needs to MAVIS on Rte. 35 in Hazlet.

With deepest gratitude & all blessings,

Joe **, Jr., US Army (Retired)

St Petersburg Florida

Original review: May 18, 2022

Last year, we had a nail in the tire of our newly purchased used car. We brought it to another tire place and they were not helpful. So we drove to the nearest place we could find Bayonne Mavis. What a great find. He did such an excellent job on the repair and almost a year later here we are because I remember the amazing service from the nail in the tire. I made reservations for 4 new tires installation and an oil change. It was a busy day and a lot of folks were in the waiting room. I forgot to mention I needed an alignment so when they were done, I mentioned I wanted to make another appointment. Trevor in front said he can get check with the service team. He came back and they were able to do it all in one visit! The prices here definitely beat the car dealership service center. I also did a comparison with other tires places and Mavis was still cheaper. Due to the excellent service and time frame, I will be coming back. Thank you for your service!

Original review: May 6, 2022

I first went to Mr. Tire in Tinton Falls (whom I later learned had tried to scam me) & next thankfully to the honest folks at Mavis in Shrewsbury for brakes grinding noise. Mavis advised all I needed was new front brake pads which they fully replaced for a discounted total of $138 - that the more expensive front brake rotors were thankfully fine and the back brakes were also completely fine with neither needing parts replaced.

This was happily surprising news because I'd been lied to by MR. TIRE in TINTON FALLS NJ who had seen the car first & given a written quote of $964 that included replacing things that did not need replacing. In addition to front brake pads, Mr. Tire falsely claimed also needed to replace front rotors, rear brake shoes and rear brake drums despite that they did not need to be replaced as confirmed by Mavis. I know nothing about cars and Mr. Tire decided that meant I was a sucker who they could scam out of almost $1,000. Mavis served me promptly, was friendly and professional but more importantly they're honest and have integrity.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

They helped with a flat. They got me in, got to the work that day even though they were understaffed, they were clear with the cost estimate, and they delivered what they said they would later that day. They also explained the nature of the puncture.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Service here is fast and super friendly. The knowledgeable staff informed me of a few repairs I'd need to make in the future. Not once did I feel pressured to buy anything and they did my oil change at such a reasonable price!! Won't go anywhere else!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Good service. Excellent manager. Must remember to use paper floor mats to protect customer’s carpeted floormats. The manager cleaned my carpet and interior that was marked up. I’ll go back there again because of that kind of good management

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

We have been bringing our cars here for years and have never been disappointed. Jake and his team are always extremely helpful! We feel like they are always open and honest about what they find and how they can fix it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

We have been going to this location for several years. They always give a fair deal, do excellent work, and are the friendliest team. I couldn't ask for more - except the lobby perhaps - it's a bit dingy and doesn't have enough products displayed.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information