Mavis Discount Tires

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was extremely satisfied with the work done by the team at the Mavis Discount Tire in Pleasantville, NY. I dropped my car in the early afternoon on a Sunday and got it back by the close of business. John, the manager on site, was very helpful and truly cared about my car and safety. I will visit this location again.

Mike was a pleasure to deal with. He and his staff made me feel worry free about all the work that was getting done. He also did everything he could to keep the cost down. Thank you!!! Suburban tire and keep up the great work and customer service.

I have been at Mavis Bergenfield NJ. Both visits were very good experience. Michael and Carlos were outstanding customer service people. The service is accurate and fast and professional... I will recommend this Mavis in bergenfield... great place for tire services. Fast service. I would recommend to buy the warranty. It's worth it.

Was so glad to have made an appt on a Saturday afternoon. They got me in on time and out in record time. In the past I have waited much, much too long. Was disappointed though. They didn't fill window washer. Wasn't aware that wasn't included.

I have been taking my vehicle to cole muffler and then to Mavis since I was 16 and they are always fair and never try to sell me anything I don't need. Most car places will jack up their prices and try to sell you things for your car that don't need to be repaired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

Don, Lane, & Manny were awesome. They went the extra mile and I will be back for further work. After extensive research on my end and through their price match guarantee, I'm positive that I got the best deal. I recommend going on a Weds or Sunday.

I just want to say that, it was the best experience I had ever had with car places like this. The manager John was so nice and helpful. I would recommend this Mavis in Albany on Lower Central Ave to anyone. They did everything I asked them to do and it was done right and they didn't try to push anything on you. That was real nice for once.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis Tire has a pretty good reputation and a friend recommended that I go there. The last one that I went to was the Mavis Tire on Deer Park Avenue. The manager there is great. He's on the money and he's always working. I called and made an appointment and they took the cars in, so there's fast service. They did a great job. On one car I had a tire from them. On the other car, I had an oil change, too. I also bought tires for another car. I have three cars and I've taken them in to Mavis many times. They also do inspection, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to take my cars over there for inspection, too. They're great over there.

I've been going to Mavis Tire since when they were Cole Muffler & Brake. I have always trusted their service and care of my vehicles. Their recommendations/assistance do not always come with a charge. Price wise, they are more competitive than most. Expertise wise, I feel like I'm always in good hands. Thanks Mavis.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used Mavis Tires for a long time and they've been good to us. Their prices are pretty competitive, and it's also local, so it just makes it easier. They've done tires for us, rotated them, and oil changes. We have four cars and we've bought Coopers and Goodyear tires from them. So far, the tires are good. It's always been a positive experience.

I have been to the Mavis in Clementon twice now, and both times my expectations were exceeded tremendously. It is made evident that customer service is genuinely their #1 concern. I have already referred friends and family members about Mavis and I plan on going back in the future.

I had my Lexus wheel alignment done in the same shop located in White Plains for $69.95. I brought my BMW and they told me the price is $129.95 because it is a German car. However, they told me there is a promotion of $30 off so it is $99. They told me it required a lot more for German car. So I let them do it since I didn't want to waste any time. They told me it will take 45 mins to an hour. I was the first customer when they first open in the morning. They did not put my car up on the lift until 45 mins later. They told me that it would take 15 mins to do the alignment. Somehow they always seem to make excuses.

In any event it took almost 2 hrs to complete the job. I asked them "Where is my alignment report?" and they told me that they never give out the printed report. I got my report for the Lexus. Also, I checked with Firestone auto center, their regular price without any discount is $85 and they told me that there was no difference on alignment BMW vs Lexus. They lied. Mavis as a chain needs to sort out who they hired. I experienced good honest sales. This guy at White Plains is not honest.

My car had problems from Midas repair shop in North Brunswick Nj and Mavis in Mt Holly NJ found out that my starter I had put in around May of June in 2016 could be some of my problems with the service light on. They are not should at this point because no further diagnostic can be done until my problems are resolve from the first problem back in 2016 from Midas in North Jersey on Route one. These guys at Mavis are great to let me know what has happened from another car repairment place. Thank you sir so much. I get up when someone do me wrong when it come to this car, because this is all I got left from my deceased husband and it hurt me to have to take it to the shop because I never had to before, until now. I want to sell it before I lose it in not able to keep servicing it. I don't have the money to keep own this car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a good major experience with Mavis Discount Tires. I always go there. The quality of the services was good and the sales rep answered all my questions. They're fair, have reasonable prices and are really nice, too.

I have never had an issue and work is always completed. I always recommend this place, just sent my friend up because he was getting a flat. He was very satisfied also. I will continue to go there and make sure all my friends do too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Most of the time, I've had tires and oil changes from Mavis, though sometimes I've had repairs done as well. I go to their service rep all the time. Though he has moved to a couple of different shops now, I'd always get great service there. They recognize me and were courteous and friendly. Their work moves along quickly and their pricing is straightforward. Everything works out and it's wonderful.

I have had a great experience dealing with Mavis. They have been taking care of my automobiles for years now. My shop in the Scarsdale location of NY has been very reliable and responsible. I would recommend them to friends and family anytime.

My wife and I bought new tires and had them installed as well as brake pads. Everyone from the Assistant manager to each mechanic was nothing but polite and helpful. We have previously bought tires here with the same experience. Before that we dealt with Pep Boys and were far from pleased.

I had my brakes done and also an inspection. Great service and great prices. The service people were outstanding. They showed me what my problem was and gave me several options to deal with it. Great place. I will always use them and I highly recommend them.

Best service I have ever had. Mavis owes these guys something extra for the work they do! Will be back for sure with my family's cars and will recommend to all. Great work and upfront with the issues. Feel very satisfied that I got the work I paid for.

I was skeptical at first... hearing the advertisement for cheapest price guarantee, but I needed tires and didn't want to spend a fortune. CHEAPEST TIRE PRICE AND QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE has won my repeat business. I will return to Mavis for future purchases!!

I used to go to another location, and had 3 very unfortunate situations. I went to the Rt 9 Old Bridge location because it is closer to my house and to give Mavis a second chance. These guys are GREAT!!! They are all very nice and pleasant, very knowledgeable and I have been to them now several times. Dave ** is a top-notch manager and a pleasure to deal with. Rick the lead mechanic is a great troubleshooter and extremely knowledgeable with his field. I cannot say enough about them, and they will get all my business in the future. Thanks guys.

Much better service than I expected. Including three phone calls prices and scheduling. Quote was $100.00 less than the next shop and $400.00 less than the dealer. Coffee and hamburgers a three minute walk while waiting. Clean kid playing area.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis is very close to us and we've been using them for about six years. We do our car inspections there, changing tires and oil as well as routine maintenance. They've helped us find some other guys who would repair stuff that they don't do. We had a problem with our air conditioner and they found someone who could help us fix that. When a tire got flat right after it had been fixed, they just said "come back" and fixed the tire right on the spot. The reps manage to meet the kind of location. We’re in the suburbs, so sometimes they have to give somebody a lift home or they need to leave the car unlocked with an extra key. They really just go with the flow. It's not just been one person, it seems to be the atmosphere in general even when there have been changes of personnel. We're very happy campers and we have only good experiences. Our adult children use Mavis.

I had an appointment and when I arrived they got new right in. My car was done in a timely manner and very professional. The TV was available during my wait and therefore allowed me to catch up on news.

STS in Shrewsbury exceeded my expectations. They were great with communicating and timing. Most importantly, they demonstrated some honest feedback to me that you don't normally get from similar places. I was impressed with everything and will definitely return. Honesty and good communication got a new regular customer.

Love the service, competitive pricing, and you are local. I patronize all local businesses first. Thank you for moving into our little borough. I am also pleased that you offer other automotive services. It makes it so much easier to have my car cared for by the same place.

The service was super fast, great prices and awesome customer service! I liked that the workers were attentive and even contacted cab service. I also liked that they were courteous to my time and tried to get me out as soon as possible. The bald guy was awesome!!! :)

My appointment was fast and correct. Thanks Mavis and the crew that worked on my car. It's been a pleasure doing business with you and I will make sure to tell everyone I know that Mavis Discount Tire is the shop to get your automobile looked at and repaired at a great price with knowledgeable employees. Thanks.

Had an oil change and a 2 tires with a leak, was in and out and Jerry, the service manager, was and is a true gentleman, funny, knowledgeable and, most important, honest. Never tries to "upsell" or get you to make unnecessary repairs, if he can get your repair done a little cheaper or can save a repair for a little later on, albeit it safely, he will do so. He is patient with both customers and the techs, some of whom are young and just getting started, answers all questions and makes recommendations with the customer's best interest at heart.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Profile