Mavis Discount Tires

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was extremely satisfied with the work done by the team at the Mavis Discount Tire in Pleasantville, NY. I dropped my car in the early afternoon on a Sunday and got it back by the close of business. John, the manager on site, was very helpful and truly cared about my car and safety. I will visit this location again.

Great customer service and honest advice given at this shop. The manager answered all my questions and felt like he genuinely cared about providing me with knowledge about my car. I would recommend this shop to anyone looking to get their car fixed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They are just simply the best. My only regret is that they are not a full mechanical one stop shop where I can get all the parts for my cars. Both Franks are just great, understand your need and very professional and polite.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've purchased Cooper Tires from Mavis several times before. There are different price points and grades, but I didn't have much success with the lower grade of the Cooper's. I currently have an 80,000-mile tread life Cooper from Mavis and I have been running those for almost two years now. They're holding up well, so far. I rotate them every time I do the oil change at Mavis. I go to the New York store mostly and they always do a good job for me. Recently, I got a replacement of an oil pan and brakes. The brakes were fine. First time I ever had an issue with Mavis, the oil pan leaked. So I had to take it back in and they used the sealer to seal it. So, I'm a little bit concerned that it continues to leak, but my experience with Mavis Tire has been positive, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Not only did they fix my Jeep (water pump) but also gave me a ride home. They always do prompt great work at affordable price and could not be nicer to deal with. I have an old Jeep That I love and they help me keep it going.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been driving on Mavis tires for eight years. We've gotten Michelin and Cooper tires from them and I've also been buying shocks, brakes and doing oil changes with them. The reps understand that I know a little bit about cars too. So we can have a conversation and say what’s good and what’s bad about things. Also the prices are reasonable, the work is done right, and the parts are good. I'm pleased with Mavis.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had ordered 4 tires & made an appointment online on 7/2/17 for next day. When I called the Cherry Hill store to make sure that the tires were available, I was asked to change my time from 1030 to 1300 (for them to pick up the tires). When I arrived at the store at 1300 on 7/3, I was told that they was "a little backup" with the schedule. I then decided to leave the premise for lunch with my wife. The assistant manager informed me that my car would be ready by 4pm. Upon my return at exactly 1600, I was shocked to see that my car was on the lift in the middle front bay with 4 original tires removed. For the next 30 minutes, I witnessed 2 cars in the next bay being serviced, and nobody ever laid a hand on my car.

Meanwhile, several "new" customers entered to have service done while they waited. At 1630, I finally approached the assistant manager to question the reason for the lack of action on my car. The answer from the assistant manager was that "we were busy. You left your car here, and we had to work on people who waited". I was furious with his response, since I had made an appointment for 1300, and was told to return at 1600. What was the sense of making an appointment? Even when I left the premise, my car should still be ready by 1600 as promised by the assistant manager. I waited another 30 minutes upon return at 1600 and nothing was done to my car (while other vehicles were being serviced).

I made him aware that it was supposed to be ready by 1600, and nothing was done even after I returned. I took a picture of my car as proof. Soon after that, the assistant manager actually took his jacket off and assisted in doing some work in the garage. At 1705, my car was finally driven out of the garage. Even with an appointment, it took over 4 hours for this company to change 4 tires. There are half a dozen of tire stores in that area. Unless you have absolutely NOTHING to do, DO NOT patronize this place. Appointment means nothing to these people. Absolutely terrible service!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using the Mavis Discount Tires around the corner from my office for about five years. Recently, I bought four rims for my car and they were great and had a good price. Also, the customer service did everything they can to please me. Jeff, the manager of the place, went out of his way to help me and get me the best price.

We've used Mavis four times now (three at our local shop; one while traveling). In all cases they have done the work quickly, with an accurate estimate, and with a great attitude toward customers. Many big shops lack any combination of those features. It's great to have a repair / tire place that we're comfortable going to. Also, pricing has been competitive with other local retailers. It's not my most important criteria though - that's why it's listed down here at the end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been using Mavis Discount Tires for years. I purchase tires, get oil changes, get inspections and any general maintenance done there. The guys are really great. They know their product and they go out of their way to get you in and out as quickly as possible. It’s a convenient place to go and it’s very local to my home.

Very unprofessional and overpriced. SCAM! They told me my car had issues it didn't have. I thought it was an issue of location, until I spoke to the regional manager in Northern NJ and realized the incompetence runs uphill in this case. Best to be avoided with so many other options out there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis Tire has a good name and reputation, and their reps did a good job and were helpful in every aspect. I had Cooper tires and a brand new one from another brand. They are excellent. They've been running for more than three years and my other ones have been running since last year. I've also had the brakes for three months and I've had no issue with them. I also got routers from them, too. The best thing about them is they're open seven days and on Thursdays they have late hours but it would be better if they have another day for late hours in their store. Other than that, everything is good and I recommend Mavis to everybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a gas leak and Mavis is the only place I will take my Jeep. They are wonderful there. We have been using them for over 5 years and I trust them whole-heartedly. They are fair and reasonable and do not rip you off. The technicians are fabulous, especially Colby. I only trust Mavis with my Jeep and my husband feels the same way with his Jeep. They are friendly, fair, and go out of their way to take care of you. They took me to work and when my Jeep was done... delivered it to my workplace. I love this place and never have to worry when I have an issue. I am a customer for life!!! I highly recommend Mavis for all your car needs. I brag and send customers your way ALWAYS!!! You guys are my heroes! And Jesse is also just as fabulous! She is a very good fit for your organization! She is a keeper!!!

The best service around! Highly recommended. The technicians are top class, friendly, knowledgeable, and caring about taking care of their customers with excellent service that is difficult to find. From the moment you walk in, you feel like you're already part of the family!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Katie... thank you. Great service. Very convenient and very courteous. I recommend this place. Best place, best people... very nice to have this place near me. Would go again. Just a great place to go. Prices are really good and service was quick.

New tires, oil change, wheel alignment. I would highly recommend the Mavis Discount Tire location in Fishkill, NY. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Dominic took the time to explain which tire would be the most cost effective and durable due to my long daily commute. Chris and Kevin made sure I understood all the charges involved before proceeding with the maintenance to my vehicle.

I had purchase several set of tires at was formally STS of Westfield NJ, and had service warranties on my tires. I purchased a spare tire for my son, and had to have it repaired under the warranty I had purchased. I had dropped the tire off one morning to pick it up later that afternoon on my way home from work. I was shocked to find that the tire had a huge plug sticking out of the tire and that it was not patched. I was very upset, and told that, "We are Mavis Tire now and we don't patch tires, but we use plug them here instead." They ruined the tire and voided the MFG. warranty. Not only did they ruin the tire, they lost a customer.

I had called corporate and told them what happened, and they said that's their policy, that they are doing well as a company, and never had this complaint, and "We must be doing something right", and that's the way it is. I advised them that their policy goes against most MFG. warranties, and someone is going to get hurt and I was told, "So be it, thanks, but you don't have to use our services." I said, "I had a tire warranty, and your company is not repairing the tires under the MFG. warranty correctly. Sorry, Good bye!" Very upsetting. Very cold!

Now, I learned from this now, I will only use a TIA certified dealer. I have to say, the service manager was out that day at that facility, and when I went back to talk to him he apologized. It's more upsetting that Mavis Tire has not changed their policies and bad for the consumer safety. I don't use Mavis now and have to have my tires serviced at a certified TIA locally.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mavis Tire is local and I've had good experiences with them in the past so I went with them. I've gone there a couple of times, and recently, for brakes and motors, and then for new tires and had good experiences with both. The repairman talked to me, explained what he did, and was very good.

Don't come to Mavis Discount Tires in Pocono. On the phone they give you one price and after you put the tires they charge you whatever they want. Many extra fee and the wheel balance the worst and after I left the place my tire sensor went on the worst worst place.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've shopped at Mavis before and I go there because of their fair pricing and location. I have four different cars and I have their Michelin tires. The last one I purchased has already been two years ago. My last visit there was for a car inspection. Their service has always been top-notch and they've been helpful in terms of callbacks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Took car in for brake pads change. Service was great. Employees were very helpful. Second time going to Mavis. Recommend to all my friends, great prices on tires and the brake lifetime warranty is a great excellent service. Will be do business with Mavis for car repairs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The whole store was very clean and tidy. My service was very fast. Their prices are fantastic! They even have me a promotional discount that they were running! Would recommend to everyone, excellent and will be returning!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When think about service for your vehicle steer clear of Mavis, Mount Sinai. Their manager Ciro is very unpleasant and their staff in general is not friendly to their customers. You are better hiring a Craigslist mechanic than the quality of service here!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
I've been at the Mavis Tire in Pawling, New York in Route 22 a number of times and they're awesome. They have continuous hours and work solution and it's technically convenient for me. They even work on Saturdays and Sundays. They are also very nice and approachable and they have nice customer service.

Sometimes, their services are limited such that they cannot fix old things like find and replace tires, round alignments and brakes. If you want to do something more detailed and comprehensive, they cannot run that because it's out of their scope. Those are the things that aren't good, but I don't blame them for that. Besides, the things I've needed so far worked for me.

Not long ago, I had them switch tires, replace struts and do some alignments on the same car. The tire is great but the struts that they have, they're all lifetime warranty but it's not of the best quality. My struts broke and had been replaced once but now they are broken again which I have to go back for. It's not candy coat quality of service. It's the quality of the product itself. I haven't had a chance to go and I hope they're not gonna give me a problem on it. However, most of the time, all of my issues had been resolved. I cannot complain. They're great and I'm happy to have them there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All my previous dealings with this particular MAVIS store (Jericho Tpke/Denton ave) have been positive. Thus, when I needed this FL car to be made roadworthy, I didn't hesitate. Normally I deal with Matt, but Steve (new?) proved to be courteous and competent. I needed 4 tires, definitely, and Steve recommended the Pirelli's. Caleb shook his head at the leaking front struts and recommended new ones. Done. Then he did a NY inspection and a brake and steering flush and took it for a test drive. I was there for 5 hours but I left with a 100% safe car. This is why I am a repeat customer!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Fast friendly service at a very fair price. They repaired my tire and I was back on the road (on a Sunday) morning in less than a half hour. I had picked up a nail in my right rear tire. The waiting area was clean and comfortable with a television to watch while waiting.

Awesome experience so pleased. I will be coming back here. The staff was great. Very polite, very helpful, very informative and very concerned with my tire issues. They worked professionally and in a very timely manner. Made my family's and I visit very pleasant. Attendant was Bobby who helped us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a flat fixed asap. No, they did not put me ahead of anyone, but they did get me in with record time, seriously I was surprised. The tech explained the reason for the flat and sent me on my way. I have to say: when I leave your repair shop I feel like I'm back in the day when the gas station repair shop owner knew me by name. Thanks for your expertise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have to say that I have been with STS-Mavis for 12 years. We have always received great service on our vehicles. We have had issues where we needed to bring the vehicle back for something a part that they received may have been defective. Nick and his staff have always made it right!!! As long as we reside here, we will be returning to Mavis in Kerhonkson. The cost of purchasing a new car is out of this world and as long as our vehicle are maintained and serviced, we will have them for a long time. Thank you to Nick!!! He is an outstanding tech and manager!

The guys at the Mavis in Bartonsville are hands down the best group of mechanics in this area. I sleep well at night knowing that if something goes wrong with mine or my wife's vehicles the crew at Mavis Bartonsville will have it fixed in no time. Thank you for bringing quality and peace of mind back to the automotive repair industry.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Courteous Professional Service, always go the distance and engage in "Goodwill" which keeps me a patron of Mavis. Fast, reliable, trustworthy and competitive prices make Mavis my first choice for my Volvo servicing. Great deal on Pirelli Tires, and Oil Changes.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Profile