4.44/5
Based on 318 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With over 50 years experience in tire expertise, Mavis Discount Tire is one of the largest independent multi-brand tire dealers in the US. With service center locations in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, we are proud to offer a variety of quality services to suit your needs.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

1878 Mavis Discount Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

Recently my dealership quoted me a price of 750.00 for a part and almost 250.00 for the labor. Sun Tire charged a little over 250.00 parts and labor combined. Personable and professional. Can't imagine going anywhere else. My car and my wife's. Today my wife's Honda Civic Hybrid needed three tires balance and alignment. Got great advice for the future as well. Hard to keep the character count down when giving kudos to these folks.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I Went for an oil change, a state inspection, and to change out snow tires. They were very helpful and explained everything clearly. They finished what I wanted done much quicker than I had expected! I would highly recommend Mavis Discount tires for your auto needs.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Mavis in Schnecksville is quick and professional always get my car back in a very quick and timely manner. Will recommend to ed everyone. Always willing to work to get the problem fixed right and knowledgeable. And need never try to overcharge for things that aren't needed.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Brought my car in for a oil change. I had scheduled the oil change the day before. They checked me in, showed me the paperwork and took my keys to get my car. The oil change only took about 30 minutes and it was done professionally. They called my name told me that the oil change went well and when my next oil change would be due. Then I signed the papers, paid for the service and they gave me my cars keys. The waiting area was clean and the wifi password was posted.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The team at the East Windsor location is the most knowledgeable and fair priced location I've been to in a long time. Got to work, done an incredible amount of time address any issues I thought I may have had and was happily on my way... Give these guys five star rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have used this company for many years and they have always given great customer service and quality work. Very professional but always friendly. Great company you can depend on. My Dad used them in the 60s and I followed his advice and have never been disappointed. Would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I've been using this location for all of my basic service and tire needs since 2012. Amber and the staff at the S.Cobb Dr., Smyrna location is very courteous, friendly and professional. They always do an excellent job and has stellar customer service.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Problem was identified immediately when I got to Griffin Brothers in the early afternoon. I didn’t have time to wait, as there were other customers ahead of me. I was told to come back in the late afternoon. When I went back, they remembered me and quickly repaired the tire. Everyone was courteous and waiting area was clean and had drinks for customers.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I went in to have a shock replaced. As always, Walt was very friendly, efficient and my car was back on the road in less than 90 minutes. This location has always exceeded my expectations with the excellent service provided.

Original review: April 20, 2018

All them guys from the mechanics to the managers do a great job, I know alotta people that are happy with there prices and Service. Those guys take really good care of my family and I, you’re lucky to have the group of guys and (gal) that you have representing that store.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Great service. Good guys. My local tire shop as long as I live here. At Mavis Tire the service is very good. Me and my wife both went to get our oil changes today and we were very satisfied with their service. It was prompt and to the point. Once again won't go any place else.

Original review: April 20, 2018

They do a good job, and they do it quick. I’m very happy with the location too. It’s five minutes from my house, and they are open on Thursdays till 8:30 PM. Everybody serve you with respect. I recommend this to all my friends my families. I really appreciate your help guys.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Everything was fine. I was treated well and the price was very good and I was happy with it. When I asked questions all my questions were answered and were very knowledgeable. I asked questions about buying tires when my tires are wore out. My tires should be wore out about this summer.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I came in to purchase 4 new tires & to inquire about a battery. I have done business with this location & found them to be honest, trustworthy & courteous. Both Mark & Dale were excellent. Mark took the time to explain the advantages of the tires he recommended for me. He also tested the battery & determined that I needed to have it replaced. He was very patient & respectful. He worked to give me the best price. I am very satisfied.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I go here and only here and for one reason only. Glen is above and beyond in everything they do on my cars and trucks. I own a renovations business and service all my fleet trucks at only his location. I also refer all my friends and family here because he treats them all as family as well. They tell me exactly what is wrong with the car and tell me only the things I need and not try to upsell me or make me buy things that are not necessary.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Mavis Tire is close to my home. I have a good experience with them before with my cars. They did the oil change and brakes. There are things that need to be changed and they do the necessary things. I have three cars and they did inspection to my cars, oil change, brakes and tire. Three months ago, I’ve purchased very wide sports tires for my Volkswagen CC. They were very special tires. I couldn’t put any other tires beside those ones.

The sales representatives at Mavis Tire knew exactly what I was talking about. They found the exact part that I would require because I really wanted the same brand that the dealer used on my car, and they got it to me. And the price was very fair. They also promised that the car's gonna be ready in 45-minutes and that was what happened. Mavis’ goods and services were very good. They were fast and they left the car clean. I'm very happy with them. That's why I'm using them again and again every time. Every time when I change cars and I need the tires, I get Mavis Tire. I would tell my friend to go only to Mavis.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Inspection and Loose Brake Caliper - I knew that something was loose on the left side of my car's underbody. I just didn't know what. I brought my car in for a state inspection, Cassie found the problem. A simple fix that was easy on the pocket.

Original review: April 17, 2018

This was a very pleasant experience. I had many questions and requests and all received excellent responses. I waited on my tires and the total time required was less than expected. I wanted to buy from a company that had offices nationwide and Mavis met that desire.

Original review: April 17, 2018

After a bad experience in a Wal Mart service in which they refuse to honor warranty and test my wheel for no apparent reason, finding Kauffman employees help was a relief. Great people, great prices, and it was a quick visit, too. Highly recommended!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I went in to see if I need a serpentine belt installed and the AM (assistant manager) said I need a water pump with the belt along with The 3 of the 4 tires need to be placed and the AM apply the brake lights, coolant, labor for 4 hours which total almost $1230. I had the car in the store for 2 days until 3:11pm he called to tell me it is ready and he offer to send his mechanic to drive my car to my job in exchange for charging my card over the phone. Once the mechanic arrived he told me my speedometer doesn’t work with the check, brake, ABS light on and I have to come back the next day to get it fix, having said that I did and the same manager that allow without checking my car to see if it is best of care told me to come back again the very next day the same mechanic that was working on my car.

I did till I contact the district about my situation because the manager made me feel unwelcome. When I came back some other guy that was filling in for him told me that I have to speak same guy that told to me to talk to the AM about it. Once I left to wait for the mechanic to show up I called to ask if I could speak to him and the other manager flat out said no because he was busy and that I had no business talking to the mechanic. I called the district again to find out that the district manager told me they won’t fix what they did and told me to go to another auto store just to get it check out. I literally took the day off from work just to get it done and not have to deal with this hassle. Not only that they made me drive back 3 times just to get it done and they wouldn’t do swat. Saving money, more like manipulation with your hard earned money which is why I don’t recommend Mavis.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The whole staff at the Mavis on Commercial Drive in New York Mills is great. They took care of two of my cars in the same day. And as always it was a great experience. Matt explained what needed to be done gave me a fair price as always and had the work done in a reasonable amount of time. Came back with an emergency tire repair the same day and was able to pick it up in a few hours.

Original review: April 15, 2018

First and foremost I missed my 8 am appt for 4/13/18, no problem, I reschedule for Sunday 4/15/18. I got there and was met by Mr. **, who was very courteous, respectful and professional. I informed him that my TPMS light was still on, after my husband had put news sensors. Mr. ** said no problem. I was quoted approx 30 dollars over the phone and sure enough the price did not change, With tax it was 27 dollars. He took my keys, and I can say within 10 mins he was back. TPMS reprogrammed and light off. Thanks to Mr. Pat in the back. Def recommend Mavis. Place is spacious airy and clean. Oh one other thing. Went to #MoreHonda just for a price quote, they wanted $106 a hour alone not to mention the reprogram. #thankgodforpricecomparison

Original review: April 14, 2018

I just wanted to say how awesome Lee is at the Covington Kauffman Tire. He is always friendly and always make sure I get the service that I need. And I wanted to say that Brian is also awesome, and took care of all of my needs! I will definitely use Kauffman Tire in Covington again, thank you, I appreciate your attentiveness??? ❤

Original review: April 13, 2018

I chose Kauffman Tires to purchase the new tires for my 2016 Mazda MX5. I chose Kauffman because I had a good experience when replacing the tires on my wife’s MINI. My only disappointment was that I had ordered the specific Michelin high performance tires and a few days before they were to be installed, I received a call from the store telling me that these tires were an unusual size, 205/45/17, and that they had a hard time finding these tires.

They had a substitute, Toyo 205/50/17, that I was assured were a more common size, longer wear life and a lower price. I declined the substitution and told the rep that I would just find them somewhere else. He asked me if he could find them could he call me back if he could find them and of course I said yes. He called me back in about 10 minutes and said the tires that I had requested would be here on Friday morning. On Friday morning I called to confirm the tires were there and they were so I made an appointment to be there Friday afternoon. The installation and the experience at the store was very good. That phone call really bothered me that they were trying to sell me a product they had in the store's inventory and probably with a higher profit margin.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I received very fast and courteous service. My Battery was not available on location but was delivered within 15 minutes from the local Napa store. Great battery warranty. The Kaufman store was very clean and the personnel were all friendly.

Original review: April 13, 2018

The workers are all polite and courteous. They check completely for any work that needs to be done and let you know before starting the job. Pricing is very good. The work is also done in a timely manner. Thanks Mike!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Mavis in West Haverstraw is a very reputable and reliable place to get work done on my car. Oscar, James, Jad are always really nice and will help you in the best way. My whole family goes there when we need something done. Good prices, good time and just nice people who explain everything!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Very courteous and helpful prompt service. They got me in and out quick very helpful. They seem very knowledgeable and willing to help. Weren't pushing and trying to over sell me on anything. Like I said they were very friendly and willing to help.

Original review: April 12, 2018

They have the cheapest tire prices available for the brand of tire I needed. The service was fast and the people were friendly. Any and all my questions and they didn't show annoyance. I appreciate everything. I'm gonna recommend you to my friends.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Replaced my tires, for a really good deal, They had to order a special bolt for my car, and they allowed me to check with my local shops, even reimbursed me for the travel time I used. I'd definitely do service with them.

Mavis Discount Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1949 as a bicycle tire shop, Mavis now has over 160 service centers. Mavis is found in New York State, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.

• Beat any price: Mavis offers to beat any price from another company for the same tire. This includes shipping and installation costs.

• Online tire pricing: There is an online pricing tool on the company's home page. Customers can shop by vehicle or tire size.

• Full-service shop: In addition to selling and installing tires, many Mavis shops provide auto service. This can be convenient for consumers needing several jobs done at once.

• Online reservations: An appointment can be made anytime online using the company website.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information