4.8/5 (810 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mavis Discount Tires

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

Pros

• Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires

Cons

• Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Bottom Line

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

Top Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Verified

Very honest in their evaluation of the condition of the car. Replaced only the ones need changing. Doesn't scare nor pressure the owner of the car to replace parts. The place is r...

Verified

Got a flat on a Sunday morning. Left my car in the lot and used the Dropbox for the car keys. My tire was patched and the car was ready for pickup that afternoon. Very reliable an...

Mavis Discount Tire services

Mavis Discount Tire is known for offering name-brand tires at discount prices, but it also performs multiple services for cars and trucks. Some of these services include:

• Tire repair: Mavis Discount Tire repairs punctures in the tire tread to prevent further tire damage and maintain proper tire air pressure. When you have a flat tire replaced at Mavis, it also includes rebalancing in its repair services.
  • Brake services: Mavis Discount Tire offers free brake inspections and can take care of high-pitched squealing, grinding noises and other issues preventing your car from stopping safely.
  • Muffler and exhaust: Mavis Discount Tire replaces mufflers, tailpipes, catalytic converters and exhaust systems every day. Its services can help reduce engine exhaust noise and increase engine performance.
  • Wheel alignment: Mavis performs computerized wheel alignment daily. The service can extend the tire tread life and improve fuel economy. Proper wheel alignment also reduces suspension wear.
  • Shocks and suspension: If you notice your vehicle shocks are broken, damaged or leaking fluid or that your ride has become increasingly bumpy and bouncy, it could be an issue with your shocks, struts or suspension system. Mavis Discount Tire inspects your vehicle and makes any necessary replacements or repairs.
  • Inspections: Mavis Tires and Brakes offers inspections in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
  • Oil change: When you get your oil changed at Mavis Discount Tire, the company includes a free safety check. It adds up to 5 quarts of oil and changes your filter. Mavis employees use a clean oil change technique that ensures any old motor oil from your car is caught and recycled properly.
  • Car battery: If your car is not starting or you've had to jump-start your car, it may be time for a new battery. Mavis Discount Tire Offers battery testing and replacement services at all of its locations.
  • Tire rotation: Rotating your tires extends your tire tread life, helps preserve balanced handling and maintains traction. To keep the treadwear warranty valid, most tire manufacturers require regular tire rotation.

Mavis tire prices

Mavis Discount Tire offers promotional codes, deals and discounts on its website for tire services. Some of its discounts include 10% off for essential workers, six-month special financing and rebates on name-brand tires such as Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.

Customers can also print coupons and redeem them at any Mavis Discount Tire location.

Since tire prices vary greatly based on the manufacturer, vehicle type and size, we recommend using the Mavis Discount Tire search feature to look for tires specifically made for your vehicle.

Prices for popular vehicles include:

• Tire prices for a 2015 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x2 range from $116 to $265 per tire.
  • Tire prices for a 2000 Honda Accord SE range from $45 to $126 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2019 Infiniti Q50 Luxe range from $92 to $252 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle range from $54 to $239 per tire

Prices on the lower end are for entry-level series, while more expensive tires are high-performance options.

Mavis Discount Tire FAQ

How much does Mavis charge to install tires?
Mavis Discount Tire charges $20 a tire for mounting and balancing.
How much is a wheel alignment at Mavis?
Mavis charges between $80 and $100 to align all four wheels.
What time does Mavis Discount Tires open?
Most Mavis locations open at 8 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
How long has Mavis Discount Tire been in business?
Mavis Discount Tire has been in business since 1972.

Do we recommend Mavis Discount Tire?

Mavis Discount Tire combines the feel of a small business with the resources, knowledge and expertise of a nationally recognized tire and auto parts store. Its 30-day price guarantee lets customers shop with confidence, and we recommend using Mavis Discount Tire for any tire purchases or necessary auto service.

Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: July 24, 2021

I needed brakes and rotors for a hot minute. I did some light research, and called my local guy who did my oil changes. Some stores offer a senior discount, and since my momz was helping, I asked if they had such a discount. They said they could, however, they just raised the quote (originally quoted $350 for both pads and rotors) to $380 and reduced it to $350.)

Decided to look deeper. At one point I reached out to a tech on Craigslist, who stated he could install both pads/rotors for $100. I would just buy the parts from Amazon/Rockauto. Out the door at $165/$175. Obviously there are no guarantees when one does it this way. Continued to dive deeper, local shops that were recommended by friends were more expensive, quoting me $400/$450. I hate to say this, but being a woman, we still get taken advantage off. Fortunately for me, I went to vocational school, and one class was auto-tech. I'm not saying I am a mechanic, however I am aware how brakes and rotors work and concerned that I might also need calipers, since I've been driving with my rotors grinding. But I kept this to myself.

Mavis Auto was my next call. Immediately, when I spoke to Josh, he made me feel trusted. He quoted me $297 for pads and rotors. When I asked for the senior discount, without flinching or catching an attitude, he said no problem, he could do 10% off - $270 out the door. We (Momz and I) decided to bring Bella in to Mavis. They got me in right away, said it would be about two hours. Midway through, Josh brought me back to show me how the tire wasn't spinning the way it should, meaning I might need new calipers (which are the most expensive part of the braking system). He explained mine *should* be okay, and they could probably work with them, but wanted to prepare me if this was the case. About 30 minutes later, he comes out and tells me my calipers were good. This impressed me, since they could have gotten away with installing new calipers - and charging me close to $250/$300 - raising the total to $570.

I don't usually bother with reviews. However, this warranted one. When it came time to pay, the total was $259.02 - saving me an extra $11 bucks. They were quick, efficient and kind. I highly recommend Mavis for brakes/rotors, and even whatever else you might need. Being an honest company, with honest employees who seem to love their gig, you cannot go wrong with them. They have a new client for life.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

On July 11, 2021, I brought my car to the Denville, NJ Mavis on Righter Ave. I had had my car serviced at the Rockaway, NJ station the day before, and was not happy with the $1230.70 repair. Soon after I had left that station I realized that the car, which had had rotors and pads replaced, was shaking and smoking from the rear brakes. I went back to the Rockaway station, but it was late, and was told to come back in the morning-Saturday, and they would check it. I was there at 8a,m, waited several hours, The car was driven around the parking lot, and I was told there was nothing wrong with the car, if I wanted a further evaluation, I had to make an appointment. An argument ensued with the manager-long story short, I left and brought the car to the Denville store.

Although the car was left until Monday, the Denville store was courteous, professional and thorough in diagnosing the problem-Travis, the mechanic did an OUTSTANDING job. Although the Rockaway NJ brake job was technically correct, he determined that the smoking and the warping of the NEW rotors was caused by the emergency brake, which had been adjusted by Rockaway. And no-I wasn't driving the car with the emergency brake on. But all's well that ends well. I will definitely return to the DENVILLE, NJ Mavis and am more than happy that I found a facility and a mechanic-TRAVIS that is competent AND willing to go the extra mile. Actually, the entire staff at Denville was very friendly. and customer centric. BTW, my mother went to the Rockaway store on Monday morning to talk about the incident, and calmly said, "I'm here about the green Jeep," to which the manager replied, "YEAH, and what about it?"

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I took my SUV Mavis at 240 Peachtree Center to simply get a part number for a Rear Hatch Door Light Switch, because I had already been told by other automotive centers that it was something a body shop had to fix. But ** at Mavis came out to the parking lot to look at my vehicle in the pouring rain. And he didn't just look at the switch but repaired it right on the spot. Not only that but after reassembling the switch and repositioning it, he discovered that two fuses had also blown out as a result of the switch being disconnected... which prevented my dome lights and Navigation screen from working. He didn't charge me, even though he spent about 25 minutes working on it in the rain. And ** the store Manager is awesome too.

On another occasion I came on a Saturday morning without an appointment to get an oil change...and it was busy. But Amanda took my car anyway. It took a little more than two hours before finishing my oil change, and because of the long wait, she offered me a free oil change on my next visit. This was something she didn't have to do nor was I expecting. After all, I came on a busy Saturday morning without a appointment. But I really appreciated the accommodations they make for ALL of their customers. I drive 15 miles to go to the 240 Peachtree Center store because of the great customer service...even though there's a service center only 5 min down the street from where I live. Hats off to this service team.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Please pass along my most sincere compliments to the staff and management of Mavis Tire in Chester Springs, PA. This past Sunday, 10 January 2021, just before noon I started my Subaru; Tire Pressure Monitor indicated low pressure: wow! 18 pounds instead of 36! I stopped at nearby Wawa to top up tire, but I knew I needed help. Even tho the Mavis in Chester Springs is 12 miles away, I had been there before and trusted they would be able to help me. On the way I could see I was losing pressure on driver side rear tire. When I arrived they were open - yay - and Louis was able to help me get started. He gave me an estimate on how long it would take and asked if I was going to wait or return. I waited, and was very pleasantly surprised when about 30 minutes later my Subaru was outside ready to go! Wow!

I truly appreciate Louis and Alex taking care of things, and the tech/mech who worked on my problem - wish I would've gotten his name. My last job, which I lost just 11 months ago, was as a product/customer specialist with my Subaru dealership. I understand not only how very important customer interaction is, but also how very demanding and outright hard it is working in an automotive garage. So when I say thank you, I really appreciate all that they did for me. This is the kind of customer and automotive service that keeps people not only returning year after year, but that customers talk about to their friends and recommend over and over. Please pass along my thanks to Louis, Alex, and the technician/mechanic who helped me. George

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I had severe clunking coming from the front of my vehicle. I took it to another shop that replaced Inner and Outer Tie Rods, Brakes and Rotors and then Struts. I kept taking it back because each repair did not fix the clunk! Each time they would give me an excuse. One was all the factory pinch welds had broken loose. Another was The Frame Grommets are shot and it cannot be taken apart to be fixed because the bolts will break. I was even told to live with it and just turn up the radio.

Well after they replaced the Struts for the 3rd time thinking it had to be the problem It went to Mavis on Church Street in Elmira, NY. In a matter of 5 hours they called me and said my vehicle was done. Dumbfounded and excited I ran right down. They seen the trouble and fixed it. NO MORE CLUNK!! And the car drives like when it was new. Smooth and no more noise! I cannot thank the Guys at Mavis Tires in Elmira, NY enough. The other shop played with my money and feelings and made me feel stupid at times.

I Thank Mavis in Elmira, NY for giving me back some dignity and my vehicle in working order in short fashion. Hey, we all know vehicle repairs can be expensive. It is what it is. So why not take it to a garage that knows what they are doing and will not tell you stories or fix things that do not need to be fixed and then tell you to simply turn up your radio. Go to Mavis Tire in Elmira and get service with a smile and save money because they will fix what is wrong, not just start replacing parts in hopes to get it right! Thank You Very Much Mavis Tire in Elmira, NY!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I was able to get right in for an oil change, tire rotation, and nys inspection. It took less time to do than I was originally told and I had coupons so it also didn’t cost an arm and a leg. The place was getting cleaned as I waited. The man at the counter was also courteous and gave me updates on my car.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

The shop is well set up, with a courteous and competent staff. My recent work at that location was completed quickly, efficiently and at an affordable price. I am recommending this location as a great place to get your automotive services completed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Hunter was so nice and gave me discount and told me everything upfront. Dante was awesome. He went out of his way to give me the best discount possible for my rotor issue on my Sentra. The wait was long but worth it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I had a great experience at Mavis, was taken care of by Anthony and Edward who went the extra mile to make sure I understood the issues with my car, and developing a solution that made both of us happy. It really is appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I booked an inspection & oil change online. Within a few hours I was called to say the inspection tech was not in at the time I scheduled and they easily rescheduled the appointment. From the moment I arrived there were no surprises. Everything was explained and I had no issues. I will use Mavis again!

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information