Shop Now

3. Tires

Merged with Tirescanner.com

4.7/5 (13 ratings)

About TireBuyer

TireBuyer is an online retailer of tires and wheels for cars, trucks, trailers and lawn vehicles. In March of 2021, it merged with Tirescanner.com. The website prompts buyers to provide information about their vehicle and location, then lists a wide variety of options. The company sells tires from 22 brands and includes free shipping with the purchase of any tire. It doesn’t include installation in the price.

Pros

• Tools and tips to help you choose
  • 22 tire brands
  • One- to two-day shipping
  • 45-day free returns

Cons

• Price doesn’t include install
  • Ships only to certain installers

Bottom Line

TireBuyer sells tires and wheels for many types of vehicles and offers free shipping to you or an installer. It allows returns within 45 days and provides free educational tools.

Top TireBuyer Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

With the current times we’re in, I didn't feel like I wanted to go into a store. Those mobile services coming to my home felt like the right idea. ... Everything was delivered to ...

Verified

I saved more than $100 using their service and I was really satisfied. Also, purchasing is very convenient for me... I could just make an appointment online and then it's all ther...

What is TireBuyer?

TireBuyer is an online retailer of tires and wheels for all types of vehicles. The company keeps an online inventory of available tires and connects buyers to local mechanics in their area. To help you purchase the right products, TireBuyer provides online matching tools and educational resources.

The company promises free delivery and has a 45-day return policy. Buyers can shop by vehicle, brand or finish and can access winter and specialty items like golf cart tires.

How does TireBuyer work?

TireBuyer sells tires and wheels for all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, trailers and lawn vehicles.

If you’re buying tires or wheels for your car, enter the year, make, model and style of your vehicle into TireBuyer’s selection tool. Then you’ll be prompted to choose the size and any other relevant options. TireBuyer tells you exactly how to find out what size you need, with photos and descriptions within the tool. When buying specialty items, like trailer or lawn tires, you’ll be able to select related criteria.

For each option, you’ll provide your ZIP code. TireBuyer displays all options that fit your criteria and can be delivered to your home. In many cases, the company offers free delivery.

TireBuyer works with a network of over 10,000 nationwide installers. The company guarantees its installations and backs all purchases with 45-day free returns. Many installers do the work directly in your driveway.

How much does TireBuyer cost?

TireBuyer’s products cost from $18 to $300 or more. The exact cost depends on the type of tires you need, the vehicle you own, the tread, the brand and the quality, but here are some estimates:

• Tires for a 2012 Toyota Corolla: between $56 and $123 each
  • Wheels for a 2012 Toyota Corolla: between $60 and $249 each
  • Trailer tires: between $23 and $122 each
  • Lawn tires: between $18 and $242 each

The company can deliver to a local installer at no cost and offers free returns for up to 45 days. Many products come with a manufacturer’s warranty.

Note that installation isn’t included in the cost of a tire; the company estimates that installation costs around $15 to $45 per tire. Some states charge tire disposal fees, though these usually are only $1 to $2, according to TireBuyer.

TireBuyer FAQ

How long does it take TireBuyer to ship?
TireBuyer delivers your tires to a local installer in one to two days.
What tire brands does TireBuyer sell?
TireBuyer sells tires from 22 brands, including:
  • Ohtsu tires
  • GT Radial tires
  • Ironman tires
  • Carlisle tires
What deals does TireBuyer offer?
TireBuyer offers discounts for buying a full set of tires and displays coupons and rebates for select brands and products on its website.
Does TireBuyer offer free shipping?
Yes, TireBuyer offers free shipping on all tires to an installer or to your home.

Is TireBuyer legit?

Yes, TireBuyer is a legitimate retailer of tires and wheels for all types of vehicles. The company offers a wide range of prices and free tools to help you narrow your options. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, TireBuyer provides tools and articles on how to choose tires and where to find information about your current tires. The company doesn’t include installation in the price of each tire, so be sure to budget a bit extra for local installers to get your tires on right.

TireBuyer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TireBuyer?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Tirescanner is a pretty new company and they've got some operational issues but generally, it was a pretty pleasant experience. They were trying to tell me when the tires were going to be available and when the installer would come. They would reach back out to me then I didn't hear back. I had called back then kind of hunt down. It seemed like there were two customer service individuals and I kept getting the other one that wasn't working on my case. He had to go find her. It created a little bit of confusion. I wasn't sure exactly when the tires were going to get installed. But it eventually kind of worked itself out to the original time that it was agreed upon.

I like the whole idea of shopping online thru Tirescanner especially during COVID by not having to take my car somewhere or wait there, or come back and then go pick it up. It's a much better experience especially where I have to pay the installers separately. I was doing a rebate for the Michelin tires that I bought and it caused confusion for Michelin. They could streamline those processes if there are rebate offers and make it easier to the end consumers.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I stumbled upon an article about Tirescanner.com and I was in need of some tires. I've done quite a bit of research and I knew what I was looking for as far as the tires go. When I saw the site, I checked and saw that they had the ones I had been wanting. So, it seemed like it was worth giving it a shot. It was super-fast and very convenient, and it was an overall different experience compared to buying the tires in person.

Hi Ryan,

thanks for leaving us this great review!
    So happy to hear you had a great experience and got your tires fast and easy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Tirescanner Team

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I like using the website better when purchasing tires. When in-person, it seems like there's more pushiness. The selection's decent although it's not quite as good as Tire Rack, like Pirelli, and Firestone. Some of the other tire brands are not represented. But they had what I was looking for, so that's all that really mattered. I bought a set of BF Goodrich tires and Tirescanner.com had a 10% off, like summer or spring coupon, and BF Goodrich was also running a rebate on a purchase of four tires. And depending on which tires I purchase, I can get a rebate up to $150 on set. So, when combining the two, I thought I was gonna get a much better deal than I could with any other website. The shipping was fast and after I got the tires, I got them installed.

I did my rebate form through BF Goodrich and I waited for a while. Then, I got a email from BF Goodrich saying it was processed and then I got another immediate email that said they're not an authorized dealer of BF Goodrich tires, so I was not gonna be eligible for the rebate. That was disappointing that they're selling new tires, but not an authorized dealer, supposedly. I reached out to Angela on the website who had emailed me before and told her what happened. She made it right and they refunded me $150 out of Tirescanner money. That was obviously much more than what they had to do.

I would tell others to compare prices if Tirescanner carried the tire that they were looking for or something equivalent, because it seems like Tirescanner run the 10% deal quite a bit. I saw that they were creating this deal where like mobile install trucks could possibly come to the place of business or home and install tires. I thought that was a great idea, even though I live in an area that might not be eligible. I would definitely recommend it to friends.

TireBuyer response

Thanks very much for taking the time to review us! So pleased to hear you were able to get a good deal on tires with us, as that we strive to deliver convenient pricing & top service to our customers. If there is any tire you are looking for and haven’t been able to find please drop us a line and we can always look for it to see if we can get our hands on it for you! Best way to contact us is via customersupport@tirescanner.com or phone: 1-800-917-9772. Very best regards, The Tirescanner Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Where I live, the tire prices are way out crazy and the Tirescanner prices were perfect. The order was on time and friendly and helpful. I even took them to my tire guy and he said, "Good treads," and the tread life on them, 65,000. I even called somebody there too and they answered the phone pretty good. I'm really pleased with them. It was a first time experience with them so I didn't expect much. But I expect a lot now. As a matter of fact, I wanna order another four-set.

TireBuyer response
    Thanks so much for your review, Raymond! Our team work hard every day to deliver the best service to our customers. Looking forward to your next order, and feel free to reach out to our customer support team anytime: customersupport@tirescanner.com or via phone: 1-800-917-9772

Best, The Tirescanner Team

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I had a little trouble with my second order but Bianca helped me out quite well. So now, I look them up online and I have her direct number and I just call her. I don't even order from them online. I just deal with her. She is very professional and nice on the phone. She gets it done. I'm on the phone very short time with her. I'm very pleased so far with the service. As a matter of fact, within the next couple of more weeks, I'm gonna be ordering another eight more tires. I got two more cars that need tires for my customers.

TireBuyer response
    Hi Ronald, thanks so much for taking the time to review us! Blanca is a gem and we'll be sure to pass on your positive feedback to her! We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

The Tirescanner Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

You always have to try something for the first time to see if it works for you. I did and tried Tirescanner and I was pleasantly surprised. I used it two more times and plan to use in the future if it's still there. The prices were great and didn't change, and the experience was pretty easy and quick. There were two different choices of installers that were local whereas if you went to TireBuyer, they only gave you one option.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

With the current times we’re in, I didn't feel like I wanted to go into a store. Those mobile services coming to my home felt like the right idea. I needed to buy tires soon and I ended up going with Tirescanner. They were amazing. Everything was delivered to my front door and installed at my house. It was super simple and super easy. But look out for who you pick as the mobile delivery for your local area. My mobile driver was a couple of hours late but that's not on Tirescanner. Tirescanner actually helped out and paid for my install since they were late.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was looking for a specific tire and found them at Tirescanner at the price I was looking for. The tires were fine but I wasn't extremely pleased with the installation. They have certain places where they send them to be installed.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Tirescanner.com is cheaper than most shops. I saved more than $100 using their service and I was really satisfied. Also, purchasing is very convenient for me, especially with what's going on now. I could just make an appointment online and then it's all there. I'm most definitely gonna do it again for my next car. It's perfect. It worked well for me.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

This was my second time purchasing from Tirescanner. Purchasing was much better because that’s online. I like it. Nothing was out of my expectation.

Hi Jong,

Happy to hear you had a great experience buying from us!

Hope to welcome you back in the future!

The Tirescanner Team

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I heard about Tirescanner.com from the DragTimes video guy. I found them online and compared tires from different places. I found something that I liked for a good price and I ordered them. I chose Tirescanner because it would be more convenient. They would come and have it installed at your house. But it didn't go right. They weren't the right size tire. So, they had to order new tires that they shipped to the tire person. But then he brought me the other tires back saying that he couldn't ship them back, it had to be shipped back by me. So, I had them in my garage for a few days and then, I had to call several times to get updates on when they were gonna come. Finally, out of the blue, a guy came and said that he was there to pick up the tires. I didn’t get an email or anything to ship the tires back as well as the packing slip. So, I called Tirescanner again.

Tirescanner sent me the packing information but the guy said he was gonna come back to get them. He didn’t come back so the tires sat on the porch but eventually, he came and got them. It would have been probably easier to go get them put on somewhere else. The customer service side wasn't great. I constantly had to follow up and email and call them. They would say they would do something and then, they wouldn't do it or call. They would think that they'd already done something they said they were gonna do, but didn't. They were friendly and very nice but they were a little disorganized.

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear that you ran into some issues with your installation. We are working hard on improving all aspects of our business and your review is very helpful in this process. We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us.

Please reach out to our customer support in the future and we will make it up to you!

The Tirescanner Team

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I was looking for some cheap prices, trying to find the best price. I found Tirescanner online. They had the best prices plus offered a remote install. I bought some Uniroyal Tires for my daughter’s car. This was my second purchase. The gentleman who did the remote install went and picked the tires up. There was a little delay in the day, but it wasn't a big deal.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I was Googling tires and Tirescanner.com had a good price. I knew exactly what tire I was looking for. Overall, it was easy and painless.

TireBuyer response
    Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to review us! We are delighted to hear that things went well for you. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

TireBuyer Company Information