Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Michelin Tires
2.44/5

Michelin Tires

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Michelin Tires Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Tire did not last. I purchase 4 of these tires from Costco 4 years ago to date. I took my car in for a state inspection and an alignment at Pep Boys. I have a five year alignment with them. I also do oil changes with them because they rotate the tires for free anyway. I was told that the tires just passed inspection but they won't be good for snow. The tires are worn even with just about 20000 miles on them. Shame on Michelin for saying 60000 tread wear out. I have been driving for 40 years and had michelin on my cars and minivans but had tire wear out like this. I used to have to change them after 6 or 7 years for cracking but they still had tread and used to take long trips with the kids.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2019

The company resolved my issue on priority. Thanks to ** CRM Michelin for the unconditional support and provided a satisfactory compensation within a span time of 24 hours. Thanks ** CRM. Thanks Michelin India

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have purchased Michelin XM 2 tires and found a pinch hole in one tire and for that they are compensating less than 40% of the cost of the tire which is unacceptable. (Purchased just 25 days ago.) They are saying this is not manufacturing fault but it is not also my fault. The fault of mine is that I chose to install these warrantyless tires in my car. If the company wish to resolve my I issue then I will be very glad to the company. They are promising the warranty of 3 years and 30 days days replacement warranty if the customer is not satisfied. They have mentioned in their site about this. If I found a hole in my tire that means I am not at all satisfied with my tire so why they are not providing a satisfactory compensation. There is no monoply of Michelin in tire industry so I suggest you to choose other companies instead of Michelin. Sincerely saddened Customer

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Just to share friends. This $70 rebate is a cheap marketing stunt by Michelin. I purchased 4 set of tire in March 2019 at Lexus South Pointe, since I didn't receive any cheque out of curiosity I wrote email to Michelin. They said I need to talk to 1800 promo no. When I called their operator said, "Your cheque was returned because it's undeliverable." She confirmed the address address was right, she said will send it again. It will take 30 days.. Great Products but I don't know why Michelin do these. Big co choose cheap stunt to sell.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I have previously had good experience with Michelin tires. My last set lasted more than 60,000 miles. I actually purchased two sets of the Premier LTX tires, one set for my Acura MDX and one set for my Infiniti JX-35. The Acura tires were down to bald, or 1/32 after 37,000 miles. The Infiniti tires are at 4/32 at 30,000 miles. Word is that these tires wear quickly down to 4/32, and then much slower. That was not the case for me. I would not recommend these tires to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

In 2017, I bought 4 Michelin Premier LTX tires for my Subaru Outback. After 2 years, and approximately 40,000 miles driving in normal Colorado weather and road conditions, these tires are now bald. The warranty was for 60,000 miles or 6 years, whichever came first. So this warranty was misleading. I will not be buying this brand again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

On May 19, 2019 I purchased a set of Michelin pilot sport 3 plus AS tires (2- 85/30/zr20 and 2- 245/35/zr19 $1,549.45) at the Stonebriar Chevrolet dealership in Frisco Texas (inflated to 34 psi which I thought was high for those tires). On September 19 one of the front tires blew out, no impact etc and no damage to the rim. I was then charged another $288.97 (no good will, discount/prorate).

Now today October 24, I noticed a tear by the bead wall in the rear tire. I also noticed all tires have a manufacture date of a year and a half ago and I have no idea how they were stored or what they could have been exposed too. I feel like when you are paying that kind of money for new tires they should at least be made in the same year purchased! The original Michelin tires I had lasted 4 1/2 years no problem yet this new set has had two tires with issues and they are less than 5 months old. This is unacceptable for the price I paid for these! I do not know if it was a mounting issue or faulty tires but this should not happen with brand new tires with only 1,300 miles on them!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Our Grand Cherokee had Michelins; but that model was no longer available. Researched and decided on the premier LTX. Felt the great gripping quality right away on stopping, turns, mud and later in light snow/ice. Now have 40000 km and there has been no change in traction performance. Tires rotated after every full synthetic oil change (11000-13000 km). There is a bit more noise than in the past model.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

These tires are horrible for treadwear. They wear out quickly. Michelin offers a 70000 mile warranty but only if you get them rotated every 6-8000 miles. Please reconsider. They can be quite loud and I have been seeing an issue with getting many nails and screws in my tires, I don't really drive in any areas that this would be likely so I believe they are highly susceptible to damage. Cannot say enough bad things.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My 2003 Toyota Camry failed its inspection in August 2019 in one part due to worn tires. A Maryland inspector failed at all four tires, which were purchased NEW in August 2017. They had about 20K miles on them. They were supposed to last 65K miles and I am very gentle on cars.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Latitude Tour tires were warranted for 65000 miles on my car when purchased new in 2015. At 51000 miles, my dealership service department said they were worn to the point of being at the legal minimum. Upon talking to the head of service and reading the warranty booklet, I discovered that there are so many limitations and conditions, it's pretty much impossible to get a warranty claim approved. So my rating applies both to the performance of the product and the long list of exclusions on the warranty. I purchased Michelin because of the mileage warranty. I will look at brands outside of those manufactured by Michelin in the future.

Michelin expert review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information