Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

534 Michelin Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We have used Discount Tire for many years on all of your car and the service has always been good. This last visit we came in because of a $70 (for purchase 4) rebate on Michelin Tires. I am certain no one at Discount Tire was trying to deceive us. But the end result was we did not get the rebate as advertised $70 rebate and no one takes any responsibility and the system is set up to defeat us from the start. One rebate never showed up after may attempts to get resolved and was instructed by Michelin rebate center that Discount Tire was not participating on this promotion. After looking online I can clearly see they participate regularly with rebate program. I like the tires and the people but this just leaves a sour taste in you and this will probably be our last visit. Bottom line...

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I purchased a set of Michelin Premier LTX for my Ford Explorer. Approximately 2 weeks and 360 miles later one of the tires developed a sidewall bulge and leak.

Michelin will not warranty sidewall bulges, and claims they all come from road hazards. One dealer said you could drive over a crack to cause a bulge. What kind of tire is this? My last set of Michelin tires ever!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD DRW, that came with these tires, I noticed my front right tire showed excessive wear on the outer edge. I took it the vehicle to get checked and the alignment was true with no issues. I only had 15,000 miles. I have taken it to the dealer for normal rotations, I did not find any recalls on this issue. I currently have 20,000 miles on them and am ready to replace them due to bald edges. So much for the warranty they come with. Has anyone else had this issue.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Feb 2014 I purchased a set of Michelin tires for my 1/2 ton H.D. GMC. I NOW HAVE 31,225 mi on the tires (about 50% of tread left) and they are seriously cracking. I was told that 4-5 yrs is expected in this climate. I get no credit for cracking. So why pay a premium for a "good" tire when you can save $300 - 400 on a tire that will last as long???

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have had nothing but good experience with Michelin Tires. I very much appreciate the durability of the tire traction and performance has been good. I usually pay a little more for them but value is good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Sidewall Defect Aug-2018: New set of Michelin LTX M/S2 275/55 R20 113H on a 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 2x4. At 3200 miles a tire blowout at freeway speed. Sidewall tread separation and blistering not caused by road debris or other hazards. Seems to be the same issue they had with this tire group in 2013/2014 when they had a national recall. Been a loyal Michelin customer most my adult life - maybe time for a change.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This overrated tire is the worst tire I have ever owned! I tow a small trailer (RV) and get all kinds of sway that I never got before with the last set of Michelin LT tires. Also the tread design picks up all kind of gravels and slings them everywhere. I talked to others who have had the same problems with this very bad design. If you want your truck to handle more like a car, never go on gravel roads, and never ever tow even small loads it might be good enough. Otherwise avoid this tire like the plague. I'm hoping for a recall!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I drive a Toyota 4Runner 4wd and replaced my Michelins with new LTX M/S 265/16's. They have been a fantastic purchase and would recommend. If you drive a vehicle hard, fast turns, you can prematurely wear out any tire.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Michelin Defender tires should be named Indefensible instead of Defender. Overrated and overpriced. Just had to replace set on daughter's Honda Accord at 33,000 miles. The treads were down near the 3/32 minimum and two had separations in the sidewalls causing bubbles which were ready to pop. The tires are kept inflated to specs all the time, rotated every 3000 miles and the alignment checked regularly. Have a set on my Buick LeSabre with 20,000 miles on them and it will be a miracle if they make it to 30,000. Would not even consider Michelins on a skateboard. Very poor cost per mile ratio.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was told by a Ford dealership first part of July that my Ford Escape Titanium 2015 needed 4 new tires. I was quite surprised as the car had less than 35,000 miles. The vehicle had the original Michelin tires on it and had been rotated and serviced according to schedule. With an upcoming road trip, I was a bit worried about the tires. I called Michelin Customer Care on July 11, 2018 to express my disappointment in tires that had all worn out in the same place.

I was asked to hold on until they made a call to Virginia Beach which was to Merchant’s Tire on Independence. They came back on and gave me the tire center I needed to go to and speak with Jim. When I arrived I wad told Jim was out but anyone could do the inspection. No price was given to me. Only told, "Yes your tires are all worn out in the same place. We will pass the info to Michelin and they will be in touch with you." Never received a call from anyone so I purchased my own tires on July 20. My point very poor customer service on the part of both as well as very poor quality tires that didn't make it for their 35th birthday. My recommendation is don’t buy Michelin tires. No accountability for getting back with dissatisfied customer and basically could care less.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Michelin Light Duty R265/60R18 LTX MS2 Tires - Purchased 4 tires in late 2013 for $298.00 each. These were supposed to be the top of the line tires from Michelin. 35,000 miles later, chunks of rubber, low air pressure, dry rot. Plain and simple. Manufacturing defect that Michelin will not accept. The same recall on a different DOT number. I have always purchased this brand, but NO MORE. Quality has gone downhill. I will definitely do research before my next set of tires. I do no recommend MICHELIN to NO ONE. Replaced the 2 back tires for the same defects in late 2017. I will say one thing to the customer care employees: they are trained very well to support a bad product.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I paid big bucks for 2 the steer tires (Michelin RV truck tires XZE 245/70R 19.5) and the 4 rear drive tires and Michelin has produced a failure tire. Sidewall cracking beyond believe of these tires even though I covered them in less than 2 years it showed considerable cracking and have removed them from my coach and will do the same with the backs as soon as I can. PAID $3500. cdn dollars out the door for (I thought was the top of the line). They are NOT worth the hype... Based on my experience I DO NOT recommend Michelin. I believe these tires are made offshore now... DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The first time I bought Michelin tires I noticed how they stop in shorter distances, ride better, and last for longer mileages. I would recommend them and would only trust them on my family cars and trucks. I know they’ll perform in any situation as I’ve used them for over 40 years. Trust Michelin!

Original review: July 10, 2018

These Michelin Premier LTX tires came as Original Equipment tires on my 2018 Chevy Equinox. When I took the car to the dealer for an oil change at 19,000 miles, they informed me that one of the tires had only 1/32nd inch of tread and the other 3 were at 3/32dn's, and all needed to be replaced. Michelin rates these tires for 60,000 miles treadwear, however they changed their warranty in August 2017 to exclude any tires that come on new vehicles as Original Equipment. I have had good performance from Michelin tire in the past, but I will never buy them again. Buyers of new cars BEWARE!

Original review: July 9, 2018

On June 29, 2018 my husband and I were traveling to Myrtle Beach, S.C. Halfway there I heard a pop and then another noise. I noticed a black thing hitting the driver's side mirror. Then we spun twice on the interstate and down the median. Spun again before stopping. We bought the best Michelin Tires. They are made so poorly the tread peeled off, hit the underside panel then shot up and hit the mirror. Do not buy Michelin tires. This could have been so much worst. This was so scary. Michelin has not excuse to make such garbage tire. Everyone of the tires were in the process of peeling. I had to purchase four new tires. I am taking this one step further since there was no recall. Just not right!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased 4 Michelin tires 2 mos ago for my Lexus ES 350 which I bought at BJ's warehouse. I got a nail in one of my tires 2 wks after that & brought it back to BJ's where it was fixed at no cost to me. I'm very happy with the tires and warranty.

Original review: July 4, 2018

These tires were expensive and loud and mushy. I felt every bump and can't understand why they were recommended. I drive a 2009 RAV 4 and this brand was recommended for this vehicle. Michelin tires are overrated.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I would only trust my family to Michelin, I only purchase Michelin tires, and never ask for anything but Michelin. The tires by Michelin wear the best, perform the best, ride the best and give you peace of mind.

Original review: July 4, 2018

This tire is great, which the price is too expensive. I have to buy two tires at a time, if I find a coupon or promotion. I'm looking now to store them before I hit the highway.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have used Michelin Tires for years and I have been very pleased with performance. As to warranty I usually purchase them from COSTCO and they are very great with manufacture warranty as well as their own. As to value they are on the higher end of the spectrum of price.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have tried less expensive tires and found that within a year or so they wear considerably. The Michelins I can feel hugging the road especially in curves and wet weather. The old saying applies with tires "You get what you pay for".

Original review: July 3, 2018

I always seem to get Michelin with my Hondas and they always perform well. It's just that they are a bit expensive. But I will likely continue with them.

Original review: July 2, 2018

These tires have 60000 miles and still look and ride great. I can probably get another 10000 miles out of them. Overall, I believe Michelin makes one of the highest performing tires.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Smooth stable ride either on highway, interstate or city roads. Very durable with various road hazards and debris. I can always count on around 70 to 80,000 miles.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I did lots of research before purchasing tires, Michelin Tires has been the smoothest ride of any tire I have owned. These have been so satisfactory that I have installed this same tire on two other vehicles.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I bought this brand at Costco when they had a special. Good performance and holds the road. With this brand no more Goodyear for me. My store does free rotation.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I’ve used Michelin tires for years and they have been a great tire. The only bad is the costs. Continental has the worse tire life. Michelin tires are a comfortable ride.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I've got almost 60,000 mi. on my Michelins, mounted on a Highlander. Still have about 30% tread left. I've never gotten stuck or felt not in control with these tires. Part of it is my Toyota, but the tires make all the difference compared to other tires I've had on. I would run nothing but Michelin.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have learned through experience that if you are having problems with the tires that come on your car, Michelins will solve the problems. This has been true on an Expedition, 2 Lin. Continentals, a Prius and 3 E150 vans.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have had Michelin tires for my last 5 or 6 vehicles. I always made sure my cars had Michelin tires when I bought them and always replaced them with Michelin tires. My first few cars didn’t have Michelin tires and they had to be replaced quickly. After I had my first set of Michelin tires, and realized how long they lasted and the total overall amount I spent on Michelin’s was much less than I had spent on other brands because of longevity I was sold!

Michelin expert review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information