2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Michelin Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

On 8/30/2017 my 2017 Lexus Rx 350 SUV was delivered by Fresno Lexus with original and new Michelin 235/55R20 Premium LTX tires. Today on 12/7/2020 total milage on the SUV is only 26,750 but treads on each of the 4 tires is worn down to 2/32. So in spite of regular tire rotations and relatively low milage the effective tread life of these premium and expensive Michelin tires is less than 25k compared to 60 k warranty. I have read quite a few other customer reports of less than 50% effective lifespan of these tires. I wonder if 2017 was a bad year due to materials used in manufacture of these particular tires. Wondering if I should buy these again in 2020 to replace the current worn-out ones. I will be filing a warranty claim with Michelin.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Please read! IF you have Michelin tires and have a vibration while driving have the shop put the vehicle on a lift and have them watch the tires as they spin! If they move up and down or side to side the tires are out of round and no matter how many times you try to balance them the issue will not go away! I previously has issues with the Michelin Premier LTX tires for my 2007 4runner, Will add the old review for those tires. But I had those brand new tires removed because 3 out of 4 were out of round meaning they would move up and down and side to side when spinning on a lift in 4 wheel drive. So, went to these and 2 out of the 4 had the same issue, BRAND NEW TIRES! Michelin tires are now terrible out of round garbage! ALL OF THEM!

Here is my review on the other tires. I had 61,749 miles on the truck, I had to replace these tires 3 years later when I had 72,818 miles on the truck. So, like an idiot I bought 4 more of the same. Spent yet again over 1,000$. Not even 50 miles later took it back because of a shake and vibration, another balance over and over for 3 weeks the same thing.

The truck was put on a lift running in 4 wheel drive and you could see the tires moving up and down and side to side. So, Michelin what are you going to do about me losing and spending over 1,000 on your garbage tires?? I have all the documentation to back ALL of this up, so Michelin if you want to see it I would be happy to provide it to you!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Bought these at Discount Tires in November 2019 (less than 1 year ago) and I have less than 11K miles on them. They are worn down to the warning level. I can't believe a tire with a life expectancy of 60K miles is nearly done at less than 11K! Sales guy told me today that they knew when I bought these that they do not wear well. Had they told me that when I bought them, I would have opted for the second best recommended tire. Discount Tires won't replace them because they aren't completely wore to baldness.

They did offer to give me less than 1/3 of what I paid for them, which is a joke. My sister purchased the same tires and they wore just as badly. She received 2/3 of her cost back towards a new set of tires. I live in Colorado and good tires are important for winter driving. Now I will be taking my chances on the road because companies (Discount Tires) won't stand behind the products and I can't afford to fork over another $1100 for new tires. Do not buy these tires! It's been years since I purchased Michelin Tires and I know I will never make that mistake again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Purchased 4 tires 8.2019. In for service 8.2020 and told 2/4 needed replacement? Tread-wear gone. Proper servicing and alignment done, etc. This is the 2nd set of tires on this vehicle, same driver, same dealer, garage kept. Last 2 sets lasted 40,000 miles EACH and they were much less than Michelin. Expected a lot more for my money! They want to prorate at a cost of $200 per tire for a replacement? I haven't even owned them a year. Have tried multiple times to contact Michelin via phone, chat, letters and email. No help without case number. Same methods of contacting dealer. 0 customer help from either party despite all contact.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I have these BFG Comp 2 Tires for a few months now in 2020 and they are great, awesome wet and dry handling. No fear going into turns with my heavy BMW 550i GT. Great tire. Great price and also looks good.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2020

After leaving a couple of bad reviews on some websites, lo and behold Jon from Michelin called me to apologize and sent me a check for $540.00 to offset the cost of replacing the tires. I appreciate Michelin making the situation right, and will consider them next time I need to replace my tires.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I had purchased a 2018 Dodge Durango SXT AWD for my wife in October 2017. The vehicle came with Michelin Premier LTX 265/60R18. As a retired Air Force Ground Equipment Mechanic, I am mechanically savvy and perform all my own vehicle maintenance to the extent I can, which includes checking the tire pressure monthly, and rotating the tires every ~5000 miles. I was meticulous about this since it's my wife's vehicle and she uses it to transport our 3 children, and their safety is very important to me.

On 7/5/2020, I was getting ready to rotate the tires and check the pressure when I noticed that huge chunks were missing from all 4 tires down to the thread in some cases! This came as a shock to me since the tires only had 33,469 miles on them and are warrantied for up to 60,000 miles. I had them replaced with Bridgestone Dueler LTH 265/60R18 since I questioned the quality of the Michelin Premier LTX 265/60R18.

I then returned the original defective tires to the dealership which I purchased the vehicle from to see if could get some compensation for having to purchase. They were hesitant to help, but I demanded that they accommodate my request. They contacted Michelin (case # **) and informed me that Michelin would not entertain my request for a warranty compensation because I did not replace their inferior tires with another set of inferior. I wish I could upload pictures so everyone can see what garbage their tires are. I will never buy another Michelin tire as longs as I live. They do not stand by the product and they are garbage.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Purchased 4 new Michelin LTX All Season Luxury SUV tires on May 5, 2018 at Costco. These tires have a 60,000 mile warranty. After 31,000 miles, there is almost no tread left on all tires. Very dissatisfied with mileage and Michelin. After seeing similar complaints on this site, it sounds like Michelin is not making quality tires anymore.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Worst experience I've ever had with tires AND customer service! I usually never complain on these websites so this is my first time doing this. 2017 Michelin tires wore through on my GMC Acadia at only 30,000 miles! In December 2019, Customer Service Rep (Kylie) told me I`d get reimbursed through the Warranty and nothing has happened since. It`s been almost FIVE MONTHS and no check in the mail.

Additionally, I spoke to John in South Carolina at Michelin HQ on 4/20/20 who seemed to be the most knowledgeable person so far and he assured me that he handled my situation. I still don`t have my check! During the last five months I also spoke to Jessica, Debra, Brianna and many other Michelin Customer Service reps - they all told me my check is in the mail. Now it`s May 30th and still no check. If this is not remedied, I will never buy another Michelin tire again and I`ll continue to post on Instagram and Facebook as well as tell all my friends about this horrible experience as well. I`ll need to find a competitor for tires in the future. Please call me directly when this check is in the mail. -Joshua **

Original review: May 11, 2020

I’ve always used Michelin tires and have been happy with them until now. I purchased a set of Michelin Premier AS for my Volvo in December of 2019 and have only put 21,000 miles on them as of yesterday. This is a 60,000 mile rated tire. Half the tread life is gone at this point on the tires. Yesterday when I went in for a rotation the manager said there was no way these would last for 60,000 miles and he would recommend a pro rate on a different set at my next rotation. How does that make any sense?? I get to spend more money on tires because these tires are junk??? My next set certainly won’t be Michelin.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

After 14,469 mile my right rear tire failed grossly. I bought the tires from Amazon (bad idea). I'm trying to get warranty but not much luck without a tire store to help me. No way to get to talk to Amazon and tire stores don't want to help if you didn't buy it there. Called Michelin and got a case # but it looks like it stops there.

Michelin author review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information