Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Michelin Tires
1.46/5

Michelin Tires

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

556 Michelin Tires Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Just bought new Michelin Latitude Touring Hp to replace Eagle F1 Asymmetric which were good tires after 38,000 miles for my 2016 Range Rover HSE. I wanted quiet, comfort, great handling and traction wet and dry. I got it with these new tires. Very quiet smooth rolling tires. Just had in light snow, no issues at all. Mpg has improved by 4mpg or 20% which is great. I researched reviews and prices and these tires consistently rated highest in almost every category for my Rover with Pirelli as good second. Highly recommend the tires. I bought thru Costco which took 2 weeks, bs local shop or online stores. Saved about $400 for 4 installed, if you don’t mind the wait.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have had nothing but good experience with Michelin Tires. I very much appreciate the durability of the tire traction and performance has been good. I usually pay a little more for them but value is good.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I drive a Toyota 4Runner 4wd and replaced my Michelins with new LTX M/S 265/16's. They have been a fantastic purchase and would recommend. If you drive a vehicle hard, fast turns, you can prematurely wear out any tire.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Latitude Tour tires were warranted for 65000 miles on my car when purchased new in 2015. At 51000 miles, my dealership service department said they were worn to the point of being at the legal minimum. Upon talking to the head of service and reading the warranty booklet, I discovered that there are so many limitations and conditions, it's pretty much impossible to get a warranty claim approved. So my rating applies both to the performance of the product and the long list of exclusions on the warranty. I purchased Michelin because of the mileage warranty. I will look at brands outside of those manufactured by Michelin in the future.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I used to only purchase Michelin's, I need new tires and have been trying to decide again. Reviews are helpful ONLY IF those doing so share THE STYLE of Michelin they purchased as the Premier is getting many negative ones due to tread wear, yet others like Defender etc have better reviews w/ high mileage. Also, how many miles driven and on what car/truck/suv you drive are all beneficial as some vehicles do better with certain tires than others. Sadly, I'm still undecided. My current tires are Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus, no issues other than 10k miles under warranty and at 2/32 evenly. So, will likely use warranty and get a new set. I was hoping for Michelin and a quieter ride but for $700 avg cost, I want to ensure great tire that lasts vs replacing at under 30k miles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have leased cars and SUVs for over 35 years. I have never had tire wear like I currently have on my 2018 Cadillac XT5. My wife had the car serviced at 27,000 miles. The lease runs out in December and they told her she would have to purchase new tires. I have NEVER put new tires on a leased car. Apparently I am not the only one that has wear issues with the Premier LTX tires. Other owners of Cadillac XT5 has had problems with tire wear.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I purchased a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT in October 2016. The vehicle came with Michelin Latitude Touring HP tires I explained to the dealer that I am mostly Hwy driving and off road a bit and have always had more rugged BF Goodrich tires on my Explorers over the last 21 years (at that time). Never had a flat tire or any tire trouble with BF Goodrich tires in 21yrs. First year I hardly drove the new Explorer as I liked my older one better. So here it is June 2019 - 2 years and 8 months into driving with Michelin tires and 42,130 km on those tires and 2 of the tires have to be replaced. Best part was a flat tire Jan 2017 and-30 outside Dealership said I had a nail in the tire! Fixed and 4 months later another flat (4,000km after last flat) on the same tire and dealer saying nail again! Funny thing-the guys that came to change to dummy tire both times said and showed me- no nail or screw in the tire!

Now this time I do have a roofing nail right at the edge of the sidewall so that tire finished (legitimate- neighbour reroofing their garage). I accept that 1 flat tire. Then another tire -drivers front had a big gouge out of it. They said I hit the curb (really- how many times do I park on the left hand side of the street??). Maybe once in two years! So 42,130 km and 8/32 tread left on the tires and the vehicle has been mine for 2yrs and 8 months. 3 tires are not Hwy worthy so I had to get brand new tires. What will Michelin do for me. Nothing! So don’t waste your money on these tires. You are better off with BF Goodrich on a more rugged tire.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Defender LTX on Expedition. Tires are good to 60 mph. At 70 mph, in cross wind, they drive like a snake. At 75 mph changing lanes brings white knuckles and grey hair. GROSS OVER-STEER. These tires are not suitable for Ford Expedition.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Michelin has decided that tires of theirs over 10 years can’t be put on a vehicle. I went in today to switch them over and these tires were bought new in 2012. They have never been driven in the winter and our summer is only a couple months long. Two of those years they weren’t even on the car because they were in storage. My winter tires are also Michelin and I was switching them over when Costco said Michelin won’t let them put them on. I will never buy this brand again and will make sure to tell everyone how bad they are.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I’m leasing a 2017 XT5 Cadillac. The car has 24000 miles on it total. I have kept up with regular tires, would not pass inspection at this point. I feel that is unacceptable for a Michelin Tire. What can I do?

Original review: May 5, 2019

I have always bought Michelin in all my tires at Costco Tire Center for its convenience and the quality, Michelin has always been popular and know for. However, when I went for my routine oil change, the mechanic waved his hand to call my attention and show the cracks on the inside of my front tires. I Was floored and have never seen this before.

In brief, I went to Costco Tires and they gave me 25 dollars each accordingly. I didn’t argue with the guy, paid the bill and STILL bought the replacement tires. You see, had I not been notified about this cracks, I could have been in an accident with a tire that could have EXPLODED because of the cracks. As a doctor, this could have impacted hundreds of my clients.... and to give me 25 dollars instead of kindly replacing it, is itself a GROSS INSULT to all people who drive a car, as a necessity. HELP!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I bought Defender Series Michelin tires for my Honda Odyssey 2007. We had barely got to 38,000 miles on the tires before they had already wore down to 3's and 4's. We called Michelin about the issue...Michelin decided that a 41% credit was sufficient for a warranty claim...which is NOT. These Defender series Michelin Tires are poor quality and Michelin's tire warranty was NOT honored fully. Please do NOT make the same mistake I did. I trusted with brand only to be told, "we feel that the credit was "fair.""

Original review: April 21, 2019

In May of 2014 we purchased LT 225/75R16E1 Michelin tires for our 24' RV. Last June 2018 while on vacation with our grandkids we felt some shaking in front and had the tire replace due to separation. Then last weekend we started out for our spring break trip to only get about 2 hours away to have a unexpected blowout on one of the inside rear tires that our expensive air pressure system didn't detect cause it separated then blew.

We changed the tire with our spare and headed to the nearest America's Tire tire about an hour away to only experience another tire blowout from the tire separating causing damage to the RV and exhaust. Now we had no spare and the exhaust was up inside out outside compartment. To add to the stress of all this the tow company said they wouldn't tow it without the tire being fixed and two tow trucks were needed to also tow our enclosed trailer. We were lucky enough to have a CHP officer take us to get the tire fixed and the tire guys cut our exhaust out so we could get it off the highway. These were tires 1 month shy from being 5 years old and aren't exposed to sun. Needless to say we're not happy.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Michelin Tires came as standard equipment on my 2017 Equinox. After less than two years, all four tires have developed severe cracks on the sidewalls. I have never seen tires crack like these have after only two years. These tires look like they are ten years old. These are definitely defective tires, but the warranty will not cover any of the cost to replace.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I bought a new Ford Escape in 2016, saw it had Michelin tires on it and I was happy. Always had good luck with Michelin tires. Sad to say, these tires were some of the worst I ever had. They were lousy in winter, it was like driving a rear 2 wheel drive car in the snow if you remember those days. My Escape is 4 wheel drive and I just could not get decent traction. Just had the car in for inspection, 26,000 miles and my tires are at 3/32. I switched to another brand, no more Michelins for me.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I bought 4 new Michelin Defender tires. A few days later, On 6 March 2019, I went for the front end and rear end alignment and new shocks, where the mech says to me... "Where did you buy these tires?" I said why... He said "you sure have a lot of weight on these front rims!" And showed me 15 and 12 (1/4 ounce weights) on my 2 front tires. He said further "since you just bought them... I'd bring 'em back. That's too much weight!!!"

Original review: March 12, 2019

F150 SuperCrew truck 2014. 36k miles, RT front tire delaminating on shoulder. Called Michelin... Described the issue of danger and told to DRIVE vehicle to a dealer... Reminded the call taker of the...tire homicides in the 1990s. Said she pass the info up the chain and get someone to call.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Purchased 4 new Michelin Latitude Tour P245/65R 17 tires for my Honda Pilot with a 6500 mile warranty. The tires now have 40000 miles on them and are 5 years old with plenty of tread left. The problem is the tire tread is separating from the tire casing and the sidewalls are severely cracked. Michelin wants to give me a credit towards new Michelin tires which I don’t want. These tires were $60 more than other comparable tires and no way will I buy Michelin again as they are a poor value.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have had Michelin Defender tires on my cars for years without a problem. I purchased a full set of tires in mid January, 2019. Within 3 weeks, I had tread separation while I was driving on a major highway. It was a scary situation as I was in the left lane and had to cross three lanes to get to the shoulder. The tire was replaced at no charge. However, today, less than three weeks later, I had tread separation on that new tire. It was so severe that the rubber was only on the far right and far left on the wheel, with no tire at all in the center. Costco will replace that tire, but I wonder if I should get another brand.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Driving 70 mph on a 2 lane freeway underpass, the left front tire with 28k miles on it blows. I have 8 children and my wife in the vehicle. We survived. Tire was shredded. Last week left rear tire went flat for no reason. Odd?. Change to spare, drive home, air up flattened tire to find leak and I see the leak is a sidewall leak through dry rot. What? Quick review of the car and yep. Dry rot. 28k and dry rot. Take vehicle to tire store only to find out tires are out of warranty by 1 month. Worst tires every. Surprised people haven't been hurt or killed due to these tires. Do not buy them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Michelin is attracting customer by warranty. They will never offer you replacement but want you to buy tire from them.T he price is skyrocketing and quality is same as other brand. I paid 500 for 4 tire and after 30000 the tire performance is greatly decline they put 90000 mile warranty but then want to charge me money to put tire almost same price.I went ahead and replaced tire from Walmart at fraction of cost . Can you believe it? Only 140.00 for 4 tire with 45 k warranty.

Please please do not get caught into this warranty thing. Tire is rubber and will deteriorate after 3 year. No rubber is strong enough to last enough. Michelin is French company. It is making money on initial capital. The cost of production is high 40 percent, profit goes to manager and marketing walmart and Amazon is direct buyer from manufacturer, they buy from company where cost of production is very low and pl make sure without depart of transportation safety rating, that mean minimum standard establish by department of transportation. No tire can be sold into us market.

So anyone who is selling in market have to follow those guidelines ,those guidelines are very strict and no one can sell tire in market without passing those minimum standard. So in other word walmart is more honest because they realize a tire is made with rubber and will deteriorate after 3 to 4 year and they put only 45k warranty but they price their tire 1/4 price than Michelin. Amazon too but general public is in this impression that micheline will be best tire.

For 3 year all tire is good that is why Michelin understood this thing and making fool to customer. They will charge 500 at first place and if you want to honor warranty they will ask you to inspect tire from dealer and dealer will work around and try to offer deal and play game around here and there.I f you are smart pl do yourself favor do not put that extra money into pocket of Michelin marketing associate and manager instead of that just buy some toy or computer or any other thing for yourself or your family member. Think a difference 500-135 is 365 you might able to buy a good iPad or anything. They are making is from one customer so imagine how much money they are making by fooling like this.

This is proven and 100 percent true. This statement is true for those who want to spend smartly. I fooled around myself for quite long time period and realize that they all have standard set by department of transportation.N ow imagine if there was any safety issue will not dot restrict wall mart or amazon to not sell them.A nd if you see review a general public review wall mart tire and amazon tire have way better review than Michelin. A tire is rubber and good for 3 years depending on weather condition, it will crack after that. Hope this will help and make you wise. I whish I would have learn lesson way before.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased a new 2018 GMC Terrain June, 2018. The vehicle came with Michelin Premier LTX tires. (225/60R/18) Just returned from grease/oil/rotate and was told 3 tires are at 4/32 and 1 is 5/32. Vehicle/Tires has 18,900 miles on them. Service Tech informed me there is NO Warranty on these tires and they have seen other cars with the same issue. Truly disappointed in what I had always believed that Michelin were "quality" tires. Not the case.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We have a 2017 Ford Escape, when I bought it, it had 14 miles on it. Long story short, we're at 30,000 miles and all four of our tires are bald (all the exact same amount and evenly worn). The tires are supposed to last a minimum of 55,000 miles. I feel so cheated. We called to see what could be done because they lasted half of what they were supposed to and they basically told us too bad. We rotated our tires and take care of our vehicle considering it's BRAND NEW! Since they refuse to rectify this situation, that's the cause of this review.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for my 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. I cannot get traction between 0-80 mph. I use 275/30 20 on 10 inch rims on the front and 305/30 20 on 11 inch rims on the rear. While driving on the interstate at 80 mph if you floor the gas pedal, the car slides all over the road. The road noise was extremely loud and ride quality of these tires was terrible as well. The tires are extremely sensitive to the road and it caused the steering to require maximum focus which may be fine under race conditions but for daily driving conditions it was exhausting. I used these tires for 2 weeks in temperatures between 80 and 90 degrees and tire pressures between 35 and 50 psi. I have since switched to the Continental Extreme Contact Sport and have had none of these issues. I do not recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We have used Discount Tire for many years on all of your car and the service has always been good. This last visit we came in because of a $70 (for purchase 4) rebate on Michelin Tires. I am certain no one at Discount Tire was trying to deceive us. But the end result was we did not get the rebate as advertised $70 rebate and no one takes any responsibility and the system is set up to defeat us from the start. One rebate never showed up after may attempts to get resolved and was instructed by Michelin rebate center that Discount Tire was not participating on this promotion. After looking online I can clearly see they participate regularly with rebate program. I like the tires and the people but this just leaves a sour taste in you and this will probably be our last visit. Bottom line...

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I purchased a set of Michelin Premier LTX for my Ford Explorer. Approximately 2 weeks and 360 miles later one of the tires developed a sidewall bulge and leak.

Michelin will not warranty sidewall bulges, and claims they all come from road hazards. One dealer said you could drive over a crack to cause a bulge. What kind of tire is this? My last set of Michelin tires ever!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD DRW, that came with these tires, I noticed my front right tire showed excessive wear on the outer edge. I took it the vehicle to get checked and the alignment was true with no issues. I only had 15,000 miles. I have taken it to the dealer for normal rotations, I did not find any recalls on this issue. I currently have 20,000 miles on them and am ready to replace them due to bald edges. So much for the warranty they come with. Has anyone else had this issue.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Feb 2014 I purchased a set of Michelin tires for my 1/2 ton H.D. GMC. I NOW HAVE 31,225 mi on the tires (about 50% of tread left) and they are seriously cracking. I was told that 4-5 yrs is expected in this climate. I get no credit for cracking. So why pay a premium for a "good" tire when you can save $300 - 400 on a tire that will last as long???

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Sidewall Defect Aug-2018: New set of Michelin LTX M/S2 275/55 R20 113H on a 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 2x4. At 3200 miles a tire blowout at freeway speed. Sidewall tread separation and blistering not caused by road debris or other hazards. Seems to be the same issue they had with this tire group in 2013/2014 when they had a national recall. Been a loyal Michelin customer most my adult life - maybe time for a change.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This overrated tire is the worst tire I have ever owned! I tow a small trailer (RV) and get all kinds of sway that I never got before with the last set of Michelin LT tires. Also the tread design picks up all kind of gravels and slings them everywhere. I talked to others who have had the same problems with this very bad design. If you want your truck to handle more like a car, never go on gravel roads, and never ever tow even small loads it might be good enough. Otherwise avoid this tire like the plague. I'm hoping for a recall!

Michelin expert review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information