Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Michelin Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

MAVIS TIRES of Cumming GA. I cannot believe after spending more than $1000. This is what I get…awful tires that are peeling apart! You do not need to be an expert to see that the tires are defective! They look like DRY ROT! What makes matters worse is the service I received from MAVIS TIRES in CUMMING, GA. Even the tire tech, CJ, said, “Wow, I’ve NEVER seen this!” He took pictures, and sent them to his boss, Paul… I was there and heard him on the phone. An entire week went by and NO ONE even called me.

Went back this Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021 at 9am and was told by CJ, "We will replace the tires with Bridgestone tires Tuesday, so bring the SUV in Monday." Brought the SUV in, only to be told, by the manager, BUN MAO. “We will credit you only $42 per tire!” This started to happen after 10k miles and has nothing to do with an alignment, which was done anyway! Check the internet… this is an ONGOING PROBLEM!! Don’t tell me these guys aren’t aware!! I’ve patronized MAVIS for 16 years!!! No More! Michelin, you should be ashamed of yourselves! That’s my wife’s SUV and it shocks me to the core especially when I think of her driving my granddaughter around with UNSAFE TIRES…I’m DONE!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I've been riding on Michelin rubber over 40 years, both cars and motorcycles, that stops today. After spending over an hour, being disconnected multiple times on their clearly flawed phone system, I was finally able to speak to customer service rep Richard. Richard had the unfortunate task of informing me that his supervisor said that if I could not produce proof of purchase to establish I had obtained the tire new, there was nothing they could do! As is common, I needed only a rear tire but purchased the set 3ish years ago as a cash deal from a vendor while at Daytona Bike Week, I am on the opposite coast so tracking down P.O.P. is not an option.

Due to the lack of normal riding, as a result of COVID-19 lock down, I only got around to trying to install the front tire this long W/E, "trying" because the tire turned out to be defective. (see photos) So despite my offer to send them photos, of both the clear defect and the still intact vent spews (showing the tire was in fact purchased new), and offering to send back the tire if they sent me a replacement, their position was to violate their written warranty policy of 6 years for manufacturer defects, where if P.O.P was not provided, they go by the production date molded right on the tire. So for a +40 year brand loyal customer, who has spent thousands of dollars on Michelin tires, to be treated so myopically over, what amounts to them is less than $20, is both disgraceful and embarrassing.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I bought a set of Michelin tires April 5, 2021. I really like the tires. There was a $120 virtual rebate card offered with the purchase of the tires. I submitted the rebate on April 8th. It's May 25th and still no rebate. Every time I call I get told a different story. I was assured it would be issued last Thursday. When I called to check why I didn't receive it I was informed it would be another 2 weeks. What lousy customer service. Nothing like having your money held hostage so they can collect interest on it. From now on I will only buy tires from Goodyear.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Bought new Michelin Defenders when original tires work out on 2018 Sierra 2500 HD. Worked great until hooked up Camp Trailer and headed South. Made it 120 miles down the freeway and couldn't go over 60 mph. It was like driving on jello, my wife was in tears and I refused to go any further. Had to stop and buy another brand of tires to continue trip. Tires only had 1705 miles on them. Michelin refused to due anything after the fact since I replaced them with a competitors tire. I have always had Michelin tires on every vehicle until now. This experience has really changed my thinking. I would not have believed it if I hadn't experienced it myself. The tire size with the problem is LT265/60R20.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Have been a Michelin consumer for 40+ years. Have had excellent service. The tires on my VW TDI BEETLE before the present ones had 100,000+ miles on them. Only reason replaced was cracked in sidewalls, tread still good. However the present Defender tires only have approximately 60,000 and rear tire tread won't pass and front tires are close. Very disappointed. Will have them all replaced. Told Michelin Defender still best for my VW TDI Beetle 2005. Had alignment and rotations done.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

On 8/30/2017 my 2017 Lexus Rx 350 SUV was delivered by Fresno Lexus with original and new Michelin 235/55R20 Premium LTX tires. Today on 12/7/2020 total milage on the SUV is only 26,750 but treads on each of the 4 tires is worn down to 2/32. So in spite of regular tire rotations and relatively low milage the effective tread life of these premium and expensive Michelin tires is less than 25k compared to 60 k warranty. I have read quite a few other customer reports of less than 50% effective lifespan of these tires. I wonder if 2017 was a bad year due to materials used in manufacture of these particular tires. Wondering if I should buy these again in 2020 to replace the current worn-out ones. I will be filing a warranty claim with Michelin.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Please read! IF you have Michelin tires and have a vibration while driving have the shop put the vehicle on a lift and have them watch the tires as they spin! If they move up and down or side to side the tires are out of round and no matter how many times you try to balance them the issue will not go away! I previously has issues with the Michelin Premier LTX tires for my 2007 4runner, Will add the old review for those tires. But I had those brand new tires removed because 3 out of 4 were out of round meaning they would move up and down and side to side when spinning on a lift in 4 wheel drive. So, went to these and 2 out of the 4 had the same issue, BRAND NEW TIRES! Michelin tires are now terrible out of round garbage! ALL OF THEM!

Here is my review on the other tires. I had 61,749 miles on the truck, I had to replace these tires 3 years later when I had 72,818 miles on the truck. So, like an idiot I bought 4 more of the same. Spent yet again over 1,000$. Not even 50 miles later took it back because of a shake and vibration, another balance over and over for 3 weeks the same thing.

The truck was put on a lift running in 4 wheel drive and you could see the tires moving up and down and side to side. So, Michelin what are you going to do about me losing and spending over 1,000 on your garbage tires?? I have all the documentation to back ALL of this up, so Michelin if you want to see it I would be happy to provide it to you!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Bought these at Discount Tires in November 2019 (less than 1 year ago) and I have less than 11K miles on them. They are worn down to the warning level. I can't believe a tire with a life expectancy of 60K miles is nearly done at less than 11K! Sales guy told me today that they knew when I bought these that they do not wear well. Had they told me that when I bought them, I would have opted for the second best recommended tire. Discount Tires won't replace them because they aren't completely wore to baldness.

They did offer to give me less than 1/3 of what I paid for them, which is a joke. My sister purchased the same tires and they wore just as badly. She received 2/3 of her cost back towards a new set of tires. I live in Colorado and good tires are important for winter driving. Now I will be taking my chances on the road because companies (Discount Tires) won't stand behind the products and I can't afford to fork over another $1100 for new tires. Do not buy these tires! It's been years since I purchased Michelin Tires and I know I will never make that mistake again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Purchased 4 tires 8.2019. In for service 8.2020 and told 2/4 needed replacement? Tread-wear gone. Proper servicing and alignment done, etc. This is the 2nd set of tires on this vehicle, same driver, same dealer, garage kept. Last 2 sets lasted 40,000 miles EACH and they were much less than Michelin. Expected a lot more for my money! They want to prorate at a cost of $200 per tire for a replacement? I haven't even owned them a year. Have tried multiple times to contact Michelin via phone, chat, letters and email. No help without case number. Same methods of contacting dealer. 0 customer help from either party despite all contact.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I have these BFG Comp 2 Tires for a few months now in 2020 and they are great, awesome wet and dry handling. No fear going into turns with my heavy BMW 550i GT. Great tire. Great price and also looks good.

Michelin author review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information