Michelin Tires

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had these tires on ONE DAY! Drove to work and on the way home on the highway the tire (Michelin Pilot sport 235 45r18) blew!!! Could have killed me. Lucky it was nighttime and not many cars on the road. The whole sidewall separated from the tread. I never want the brand of tire again!!!

It is obvious the ratings on this site are inflated by paid trolls. Observe the 5 star reviews which occur every single day in January and end in February. Observe the sparsity of reviews before and after those reviews. Obviously someone has been paid to do those positive reviews. Here is my experience. Purchased Michelin Defenders with limited 90,000 mile warranty. At best I got 25,000 miles before I now have to replace them. I say at best as during the period I bought them I also rotated them off my car to use winter tires.

I have been told by my trusted car shop that 30,000 miles has been their recent experience on Michelin tire wear and other customers who tried to contact Michelin on warranty have been put through a wringer on required documentation and have not been able to collect anything. To be fair, I have not tried to contact Michelin so I can not personally vouch for that experience. I can, however, vouch for the horrible tread wear versus stated claims. My solution is to never to buy a Michelin product again.

As one of the big companies that constantly promote themselves being the best, this wasn't the experience. I bought a car in 2014 with Michelin Destiny Tires on them. By the next year, I started to notice cracking around the shoulders. Tires weren't even 4 years old, and had most of their tread. Michelin did nothing, and just gave a runaround. Fast forward to today and this is how they look like.

As most consumers, I reviewed Consumer Reports prior to making large purchases. In early May 2015, I needed to purchase tires for my 2010 Ford F150 XLT 2x4 truck. The original tires were worn out at 41,000 miles. The "best" replacement tire recommended by Consumer Reports was the Michelin Latitude Tour Radial tire - 265/60R18 109T. I purchased 4 and had them installed at a local tire shop; I also had 1 4-wheel alignment done at the same time. For warranty purposes, I registered them with Michelin. I purchased my truck new from the local Ford dealer and have it serviced there exclusively. Never wrecked or damaged, and each full service oil change (5k mile intervals) includes tire rotation. I've had the tires (4) re-balanced twice due to vibrations from the rear tires.

When it happened again (now 27k miles from new), I noticed both left side tires were "feathered" on the outer edge and starting to "cup". Local tire store says that Michelin warranty is "virtually useless" and their tires are nowhere near as good as they used to be. He highly recommends continuing to drive them until they wear out; then purchase a different manufacturer's tires. I will never again purchase Michelin tires!!!

These Michelin Green X Energy Saver A/S P225/50 R17 tires are the most slippery tires I have ever owned by far. My tires will most times spin when I enter a roadway, regardless of my speed. I was on an upward slope at a stop sign the other day and they spun for quite a few seconds before gaining enough traction to proceed - and this was a dry paved road! I am very concerned that when I must stop suddenly on a wet road, that I won't be able to stop in time. These tires came with the vehicle when I purchased it used from Folsom Ford.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

We own a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe. Seven years ago we purchased a set of Michelin 235R 17 tires from Sears. The set lasted 98,000 miles and still had good tread on them but we're starting to crack due to age. Can't complain about that. They were great tires.

Purchased a brand new Nissan Rouge. Came with Michelin tires. Two separated at the tread. Emailed Michelin and was told to go to Tire Kingdom. Tire Kingdom said, "You must have hit something." I know I did not hit anything. I will not accept a high school kid telling me I hit something. So when I emailed Michelin and asked what better way they warranty their tires other than the opinion of a kid working at Tire Kingdom, I have received no response from Michelin in two months. P.S. Tire Kingdom has bought me 4 new wheels because they scratched them when I purchased 4 new tires on another car. This is the professionalism you get from Tire Kingdom recommended by Michelin. And the worst customer support from Michelin. These tires should be on a recall list before they kill someone.

I purchased 4 new Michelin tires in August 2016 from Tire Barn Warehouse in Johnson City, Tennessee, 423-283-9189. The air pressure light has come on 5 times and each time I take it back for correction I am told it is account of cold weather. I have used Michelin for over 40 years and have never heard this. The car is a 2015 Mazda 5. Is Michelin making a less than quality tire? I didn't pay a low price. The light goes off for about 2 weeks and then comes back on. Can you help? I am a loyal customer.

The tires on my Corvette have excellent adhesion and wear is good. Michelin's warranty could be improved... only covers 4 tire purchase if all tires are the same. My car has larger tires in the rear, but never had a warrantied situation arrive.

Replaced Firestones that aquaplaned and never felt stable during rough weather. The Michelins grip the road during heavy rain and winter weather, making the tire easier to handle and feeling more secure.

I use these tires on my Superduty Fords, my 3 axle equip trailer, my dump trailer and my wife's car. I do not overload my equipment so I do not have to worry about overloaded tires. I also do not have to worry about most traction snow/mud conditions. I do not have weak and wobbly side walls giving me any instability. I get very good tread life so the tires are worth the money. I have used Michelin for years with minimal problems and no blowout or failure problems.

Michelin was the first radial tire available. The rest of the industry were slow to learn, and I do not believe they ever caught up. I have owned other brands of tires and worked in a Bridgestone tire mfg plant, so I know tires. Michelin are the best quality retail tires available.

I've always choose Michelin Tires, even though they are more expensive they are the best. One gets what one pays for.

I have always used Michelin tires on my automobiles. I highly recommend these tires. At first, one will be shocked at the price of the tires, but they are well worth the monies one invests. To know that no matter what the road condition, that these tires will by far outperform most tires that are being used for your car, it is worth it in the long run. The guarantee is (I believe) 80000 miles, but I have always surpassed those miles. I have driven in numerous weather conditions and these tires have ALWAYS surpassed any other tire.

I have owned B. F. Goodrich, Yokohama, General, Dunlop, and many other brands, but Michelin have outperformed all other brands in all categories. Yokohama tires were sold defective and caused an accident when the tires were on 6 weeks! They did not accept responsibility for the vehicle damage. Michelin lasted longer than expected. I do take care of my tires and have them rotated and balanced, and I make sure the tires are aligned.

I love cars, and to pay for college I worked as an auto mechanic, service adviser, and automotive service sales person (mostly tires). Now that I have been out of college for a few decades, I love fast luxury Sedans. But no matter what kind of car you drive, the most important thing is the safety of you, your loved ones, and the people you share the road with. And the second biggest factor in safe driving, right after driving safely, are your tires. And in my opinion, the best tires on the market are made by Michelin. They can not be beat for their combination of traction, low noise, and quality.

There are many levels of quality in every brand, so the tire distributor is very important for giving an honest recommendation for the right tire and tire rotation for your car. America's Tire has done that and the Michelin tires I have purchased have performed very well. I like the all weather pattern for handling and ride comfort. I would recommend America's Tire and Michelin.

My mechanic put Yokohamas on when I needed new tires but they were very unstable and unsafe on the highway. I went back for Michelins which had been on the Sprinter Van when purchased. They make all the difference on how the van handles. Their medium duty van tires have the most stable side walls available. It's well worth the price difference.

I want some Michelin tires from Sears. I rolled it over 80,000 miles and it still didn't blow. I used to race on it until the wires was showing and it still didn't go on the flat. Michelins are the best.

I have always bought Michelin tires since I was young and always buy the best model. My tires now are at 40,000+ miles and have very good performance. Over many years I have only had one problem with a tire that developed a sidewall leak and had to be replaced.

The tires have good stopping performance. I have more trust on them that's why I got them. They're on 9.000 miles and have great performance. I have been using Michelin tires for good over 30+ years. And I have depend on them more than any other tires in the market. I just prefer michelin tires.

I have Michelins on my RV and GMC Acadia. They cost a little more but worth the difference over their lifetime. They are section molded and will run smoother and therefore last longer plus balancing them uses fewer weights. I've had them for 40000 and the great thing in the case of tires is if you buy the best the only time you think about tires is when you buy them. Tire experiences infer problems to me but with Michelins there are no "experiences".

My tires are highway tread only. Its prior history, quiet ride, handling, good wear rate are why I got them. My 1st set has gone 45000, the 2nd set 34000 and the new truck 4000-. The tires is QUIET. I changed from all season to highway when truck was new and all the better!

I purchased Michelin Tires for 2 cars, Acura MDX & Lexus ES350. For the brand name, I thought they would be good and long lasting. So far, I've used them for 25,000 - 30,000 miles and the treads are worn. They don't last the 60k miles as advertised so I'm very disappointed. It's overpriced as well. I've switch to Goodyear and hope these perform well.

Winter tires are excellent for stopping on ice and snow. I tried a good name brand that I had checked online but they were not what I expected. It shook at different speeds after 3 balances by excellent business. It has 18K miles now. On wet, icy and snow covered roads they stop well, steer well and are quiet on bare roads for winter tires. These tires are so good that I don't have an experience where they may have saved a crash. Michelin X Ice is a premium winter tire that I will use every year.

I've been driving my truck for over 10 years and our truck has never handled the road so great. Yes it is noticeable. We have been through several brands but were disappointed time and time again. BF Goodrich is supposed to be a good tire but it left us very disappointed. We still have them on the front and it's only a year old but they are wearing out fast but we will have to wait because Michelin Tires are a bit more expensive and I bought 4 for the rear 6 months ago, and the very day we put them on I could tell the difference. When we put the camper on for our vacation it wasn't mushy like the BF Goodrich. I've been using them for 6 months now.

The price of the Michelin used to make me run but when compared to the price I was paying for BF Goodrich and the huge difference in quality I will never go back. Not to mention the fact that back there are tires for three years with road side service. I'm just bummed I didn't bite the bullet and make the switch sooner. If there was some way to describe how much better my truck handles with the Michelins on the rear it's amazing. I can't wait to get them on the front but will have to. After all they are pricey and I still have some miles left on the front.

I have a 1/2 ton truck and this is the 1st time I have been able to afford Michelin Tires, and I am not disappointed in them. I've been using them for 20000 miles now. They grip the road great and are very smooth riding. I have had several other brands of tires and these are definitely the best.

It's soft, comfortable and quiet, and they have quality reputation. It's expensive but don't lose pressure as easily as other tires we own. The quiet comfort is most important to us. There are better handling sports tires out there but these are more biased on low noise and softer for ride comfort. They have remained quiet for the 1st 10k miles at least and feel like they don't have any significant tire pressure loss issues even when the car is sitting.

I use Michelin's rain guard tires because of their great traction in wet conditions and they perform excellently. I have used them for 2 years now and it's a great tire. I have tried a lot of other brands of tire but I go back to Michelin. They just outwear the others.

I got the Premier LTX due to its traction and noise. I'm getting four new ones on 9/14. I ordered these based on published specifications and based on the satisfaction we've had with the four Michelins we've been running for the last four years. Simply overall satisfaction.

Compare Tires