2. Automotive

Michelin Tires

Michelin Tires
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.44/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Michelin Tires Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

Worst experience I've ever had with tires AND customer service! I usually never complain on these websites so this is my first time doing this. 2017 Michelin tires wore through on my GMC Acadia at only 30,000 miles! In December 2019, Customer Service Rep (Kylie) told me I`d get reimbursed through the Warranty and nothing has happened since. It`s been almost FIVE MONTHS and no check in the mail.

Additionally, I spoke to John in South Carolina at Michelin HQ on 4/20/20 who seemed to be the most knowledgeable person so far and he assured me that he handled my situation. I still don`t have my check! During the last five months I also spoke to Jessica, Debra, Brianna and many other Michelin Customer Service reps - they all told me my check is in the mail. Now it`s May 30th and still no check. If this is not remedied, I will never buy another Michelin tire again and I`ll continue to post on Instagram and Facebook as well as tell all my friends about this horrible experience as well. I`ll need to find a competitor for tires in the future. Please call me directly when this check is in the mail. -Joshua **

Original review: May 11, 2020

I’ve always used Michelin tires and have been happy with them until now. I purchased a set of Michelin Premier AS for my Volvo in December of 2019 and have only put 21,000 miles on them as of yesterday. This is a 60,000 mile rated tire. Half the tread life is gone at this point on the tires. Yesterday when I went in for a rotation the manager said there was no way these would last for 60,000 miles and he would recommend a pro rate on a different set at my next rotation. How does that make any sense?? I get to spend more money on tires because these tires are junk??? My next set certainly won’t be Michelin.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

After 14,469 mile my right rear tire failed grossly. I bought the tires from Amazon (bad idea). I'm trying to get warranty but not much luck without a tire store to help me. No way to get to talk to Amazon and tire stores don't want to help if you didn't buy it there. Called Michelin and got a case # but it looks like it stops there.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have an RV with 6 Michelin tires, after 12,000 miles side wall rupture on front tire called for me to replace both fronts. I had replace with Goodyear due to the inventory in the star of Florida on this tire was 0. After speaking With a customer service representative at Michelin, Alvin Who might I add was very argumentative told me that Transit Pros who came out to replace it deemed it a road hazard. I told them that that’s impossible. The fellow that came out to replace the tire inspected it thoroughly and said that it was obviously a manufacturer defect. Many photos were taken.

I then called transit pros to find out why or how they would have said that in which they denied ever even seeing the tire. Therefore Alvin must have been mistaken. At this time the transit pros representative, Harley, contacted Patty at Michelin. So as argumentative as Alvin was he was lying. I have the tire in my possession. They told Harley they were sending the tire to a dealer to be evaluated. Very deceptive Michelin. And now Michelin is saying that even if it is a manufacturer defect they will not do anything unless I replaced it with Michelin tires. Which were unavailable.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I purchased a set of Michelin Defender tires in 2014 which had a 90k mile mileage rating. Now after 40K miles three of the 4 are worn out. I have had them rotated regularly and always check my inflation. The distributor said the Company would give me a credit toward 4 new tires but would only warranty 3 of the 4 tires since the 4th was still ok. What good is that? the bottom line is that I paid $750 for the original set and they will install a new set for $600 after the warranty credit. Their warranty policy is not worth the paper it is written on and their mileage claim is bogus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Resolution response: Dec. 14, 2019

In all fairness to Michelin, I’d like to post this follow up to my review of their Premier LTX tires I purchased October 2018 for my NISSAN Rogue. (Please read previous review posted December 12. 2019). After a few conversations with their consumer affairs and warranty representatives, I have to say that MICHELIN went ABOVE AND BEYOND my expectations for resolving my issues with this tire. I’m 100% satisfied with the way Michelin has stood behind this exceptionally excessive tread wear issue I had with the Premier LTX, which essentially went to 1/32 tread depth in only 15,700 miles of average use.

My faith in Michelin is largely restored, but I’ll have to see how the MXM4’s I opted to get perform over time. So far the ride is great. A lot of people have had a great experience with the Premier LTX, which makes me wonder if I got tires from a “bad production batch,” although this is pure speculation. It certainly has been exceptional to my prior experience with Michelin tires. So my 5 star rating today is for how Michelin stands behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I’ve had a great experience with Michelin tires for decades, and I’m a devout Michelin tire advocate. When the original Dunlop tires on my 2016 NISSAN Rogue wore out, I naturally opted to buy four new Michelin Premier LTX tires (225/60R18, 100H). I was confident I’d get 50,000 miles on these “upper end” tires at a minimum. I find it almost impossible to believe that after only 14 months and 15,700 miles, all four tires are essentially worn out. Specifically, the treadwear is 1/32 to 2/32.

I judiciously monitor my tire pressure (it displays on my Rogue) and my tires are rotated every 5,000 miles. I have no alignment issues. My driving is about 70% local and 30% freeway. A friend who was with me when I bought the new tires is also in total disbelief that they have worn down this quickly. I even wondered if someone “swapped” my tires, but I have wheel locks and only the NISSAN dealership has had contact with my tires.

When I started researching other people’s experience with this tire, I began to realize my experience is not unique. That’s exactly why I’m posting my experience. Consumers should know when a product is flawed. Will I buy Michelin tires again? Well, I have filed a warranty claim, and won’t know until tomorrow what Michelin will do about this. But I will NEVER repurchase the Premier LTX. I’ve never heard of a tire performing so poorly, not even the cheapest!! Like I said in my opening remarks, Michelin has always been the best tire available in my past personal experience.

I simply can’t fathom what is wrong with my current tires, but no one should pay a premium tire price for a junk tire. Maybe Michelin got a bad batch of rubber...who knows? But this is an indelible negative experience for me and something every potential consumer should factor in before making a final decision on what tire to buy. As for me, I’m a 67 year old retired professional with a doctorate degree.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Tire did not last. I purchase 4 of these tires from Costco 4 years ago to date. I took my car in for a state inspection and an alignment at Pep Boys. I have a five year alignment with them. I also do oil changes with them because they rotate the tires for free anyway. I was told that the tires just passed inspection but they won't be good for snow. The tires are worn even with just about 20000 miles on them. Shame on Michelin for saying 60000 tread wear out. I have been driving for 40 years and had michelin on my cars and minivans but had tire wear out like this. I used to have to change them after 6 or 7 years for cracking but they still had tread and used to take long trips with the kids.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2019

The company resolved my issue on priority. Thanks to ** CRM Michelin for the unconditional support and provided a satisfactory compensation within a span time of 24 hours. Thanks ** CRM. Thanks Michelin India

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have purchased Michelin XM 2 tires and found a pinch hole in one tire and for that they are compensating less than 40% of the cost of the tire which is unacceptable. (Purchased just 25 days ago.) They are saying this is not manufacturing fault but it is not also my fault. The fault of mine is that I chose to install these warrantyless tires in my car. If the company wish to resolve my I issue then I will be very glad to the company. They are promising the warranty of 3 years and 30 days days replacement warranty if the customer is not satisfied. They have mentioned in their site about this. If I found a hole in my tire that means I am not at all satisfied with my tire so why they are not providing a satisfactory compensation. There is no monoply of Michelin in tire industry so I suggest you to choose other companies instead of Michelin. Sincerely saddened Customer

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Just to share friends. This $70 rebate is a cheap marketing stunt by Michelin. I purchased 4 set of tire in March 2019 at Lexus South Pointe, since I didn't receive any cheque out of curiosity I wrote email to Michelin. They said I need to talk to 1800 promo no. When I called their operator said, "Your cheque was returned because it's undeliverable." She confirmed the address address was right, she said will send it again. It will take 30 days.. Great Products but I don't know why Michelin do these. Big co choose cheap stunt to sell.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I have previously had good experience with Michelin tires. My last set lasted more than 60,000 miles. I actually purchased two sets of the Premier LTX tires, one set for my Acura MDX and one set for my Infiniti JX-35. The Acura tires were down to bald, or 1/32 after 37,000 miles. The Infiniti tires are at 4/32 at 30,000 miles. Word is that these tires wear quickly down to 4/32, and then much slower. That was not the case for me. I would not recommend these tires to anyone.

Michelin author review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information