2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Michelin Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Purchased 4 tires 8.2019. In for service 8.2020 and told 2/4 needed replacement? Tread-wear gone. Proper servicing and alignment done, etc. This is the 2nd set of tires on this vehicle, same driver, same dealer, garage kept. Last 2 sets lasted 40,000 miles EACH and they were much less than Michelin. Expected a lot more for my money! They want to prorate at a cost of $200 per tire for a replacement? I haven't even owned them a year. Have tried multiple times to contact Michelin via phone, chat, letters and email. No help without case number. Same methods of contacting dealer. 0 customer help from either party despite all contact.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I have these BFG Comp 2 Tires for a few months now in 2020 and they are great, awesome wet and dry handling. No fear going into turns with my heavy BMW 550i GT. Great tire. Great price and also looks good.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2020

After leaving a couple of bad reviews on some websites, lo and behold Jon from Michelin called me to apologize and sent me a check for $540.00 to offset the cost of replacing the tires. I appreciate Michelin making the situation right, and will consider them next time I need to replace my tires.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I had purchased a 2018 Dodge Durango SXT AWD for my wife in October 2017. The vehicle came with Michelin Premier LTX 265/60R18. As a retired Air Force Ground Equipment Mechanic, I am mechanically savvy and perform all my own vehicle maintenance to the extent I can, which includes checking the tire pressure monthly, and rotating the tires every ~5000 miles. I was meticulous about this since it's my wife's vehicle and she uses it to transport our 3 children, and their safety is very important to me.

On 7/5/2020, I was getting ready to rotate the tires and check the pressure when I noticed that huge chunks were missing from all 4 tires down to the thread in some cases! This came as a shock to me since the tires only had 33,469 miles on them and are warrantied for up to 60,000 miles. I had them replaced with Bridgestone Dueler LTH 265/60R18 since I questioned the quality of the Michelin Premier LTX 265/60R18.

I then returned the original defective tires to the dealership which I purchased the vehicle from to see if could get some compensation for having to purchase. They were hesitant to help, but I demanded that they accommodate my request. They contacted Michelin (case # **) and informed me that Michelin would not entertain my request for a warranty compensation because I did not replace their inferior tires with another set of inferior. I wish I could upload pictures so everyone can see what garbage their tires are. I will never buy another Michelin tire as longs as I live. They do not stand by the product and they are garbage.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Purchased 4 new Michelin LTX All Season Luxury SUV tires on May 5, 2018 at Costco. These tires have a 60,000 mile warranty. After 31,000 miles, there is almost no tread left on all tires. Very dissatisfied with mileage and Michelin. After seeing similar complaints on this site, it sounds like Michelin is not making quality tires anymore.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Worst experience I've ever had with tires AND customer service! I usually never complain on these websites so this is my first time doing this. 2017 Michelin tires wore through on my GMC Acadia at only 30,000 miles! In December 2019, Customer Service Rep (Kylie) told me I`d get reimbursed through the Warranty and nothing has happened since. It`s been almost FIVE MONTHS and no check in the mail.

Additionally, I spoke to John in South Carolina at Michelin HQ on 4/20/20 who seemed to be the most knowledgeable person so far and he assured me that he handled my situation. I still don`t have my check! During the last five months I also spoke to Jessica, Debra, Brianna and many other Michelin Customer Service reps - they all told me my check is in the mail. Now it`s May 30th and still no check. If this is not remedied, I will never buy another Michelin tire again and I`ll continue to post on Instagram and Facebook as well as tell all my friends about this horrible experience as well. I`ll need to find a competitor for tires in the future. Please call me directly when this check is in the mail. -Joshua **

Original review: May 11, 2020

I’ve always used Michelin tires and have been happy with them until now. I purchased a set of Michelin Premier AS for my Volvo in December of 2019 and have only put 21,000 miles on them as of yesterday. This is a 60,000 mile rated tire. Half the tread life is gone at this point on the tires. Yesterday when I went in for a rotation the manager said there was no way these would last for 60,000 miles and he would recommend a pro rate on a different set at my next rotation. How does that make any sense?? I get to spend more money on tires because these tires are junk??? My next set certainly won’t be Michelin.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

After 14,469 mile my right rear tire failed grossly. I bought the tires from Amazon (bad idea). I'm trying to get warranty but not much luck without a tire store to help me. No way to get to talk to Amazon and tire stores don't want to help if you didn't buy it there. Called Michelin and got a case # but it looks like it stops there.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have an RV with 6 Michelin tires, after 12,000 miles side wall rupture on front tire called for me to replace both fronts. I had replace with Goodyear due to the inventory in the star of Florida on this tire was 0. After speaking With a customer service representative at Michelin, Alvin Who might I add was very argumentative told me that Transit Pros who came out to replace it deemed it a road hazard. I told them that that’s impossible. The fellow that came out to replace the tire inspected it thoroughly and said that it was obviously a manufacturer defect. Many photos were taken.

I then called transit pros to find out why or how they would have said that in which they denied ever even seeing the tire. Therefore Alvin must have been mistaken. At this time the transit pros representative, Harley, contacted Patty at Michelin. So as argumentative as Alvin was he was lying. I have the tire in my possession. They told Harley they were sending the tire to a dealer to be evaluated. Very deceptive Michelin. And now Michelin is saying that even if it is a manufacturer defect they will not do anything unless I replaced it with Michelin tires. Which were unavailable.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I purchased a set of Michelin Defender tires in 2014 which had a 90k mile mileage rating. Now after 40K miles three of the 4 are worn out. I have had them rotated regularly and always check my inflation. The distributor said the Company would give me a credit toward 4 new tires but would only warranty 3 of the 4 tires since the 4th was still ok. What good is that? the bottom line is that I paid $750 for the original set and they will install a new set for $600 after the warranty credit. Their warranty policy is not worth the paper it is written on and their mileage claim is bogus.

Resolution response: Dec. 14, 2019

In all fairness to Michelin, I’d like to post this follow up to my review of their Premier LTX tires I purchased October 2018 for my NISSAN Rogue. (Please read previous review posted December 12. 2019). After a few conversations with their consumer affairs and warranty representatives, I have to say that MICHELIN went ABOVE AND BEYOND my expectations for resolving my issues with this tire. I’m 100% satisfied with the way Michelin has stood behind this exceptionally excessive tread wear issue I had with the Premier LTX, which essentially went to 1/32 tread depth in only 15,700 miles of average use.

My faith in Michelin is largely restored, but I’ll have to see how the MXM4’s I opted to get perform over time. So far the ride is great. A lot of people have had a great experience with the Premier LTX, which makes me wonder if I got tires from a “bad production batch,” although this is pure speculation. It certainly has been exceptional to my prior experience with Michelin tires. So my 5 star rating today is for how Michelin stands behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I’ve had a great experience with Michelin tires for decades, and I’m a devout Michelin tire advocate. When the original Dunlop tires on my 2016 NISSAN Rogue wore out, I naturally opted to buy four new Michelin Premier LTX tires (225/60R18, 100H). I was confident I’d get 50,000 miles on these “upper end” tires at a minimum. I find it almost impossible to believe that after only 14 months and 15,700 miles, all four tires are essentially worn out. Specifically, the treadwear is 1/32 to 2/32.

I judiciously monitor my tire pressure (it displays on my Rogue) and my tires are rotated every 5,000 miles. I have no alignment issues. My driving is about 70% local and 30% freeway. A friend who was with me when I bought the new tires is also in total disbelief that they have worn down this quickly. I even wondered if someone “swapped” my tires, but I have wheel locks and only the NISSAN dealership has had contact with my tires.

When I started researching other people’s experience with this tire, I began to realize my experience is not unique. That’s exactly why I’m posting my experience. Consumers should know when a product is flawed. Will I buy Michelin tires again? Well, I have filed a warranty claim, and won’t know until tomorrow what Michelin will do about this. But I will NEVER repurchase the Premier LTX. I’ve never heard of a tire performing so poorly, not even the cheapest!! Like I said in my opening remarks, Michelin has always been the best tire available in my past personal experience.

I simply can’t fathom what is wrong with my current tires, but no one should pay a premium tire price for a junk tire. Maybe Michelin got a bad batch of rubber...who knows? But this is an indelible negative experience for me and something every potential consumer should factor in before making a final decision on what tire to buy. As for me, I’m a 67 year old retired professional with a doctorate degree.

Michelin author review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information