Michelin Tires
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Michelin Tires

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

420 Michelin Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Stock tires on my 2014 Corvette are almost goners at 8,200 miles. These tires have 30,000.00 warranty and as you can see are nowhere close to that. I had a previous experience with my 2005 Corvette and switched to Goodyear on that car. Run flats have fewer options, last time I looked. I couldnt believe these tires on the 2014 were worn at 8200 miles and just replaced with same tires without even thinking about the past 2005 situation.

I do not drive fast or race the car. I treat it very gentle! A week later I am remembering the 2005 tires wearing out early. I think those wore out around 15,000 miles but they were highway miles versus this time were it's more city driving. I can not believe they get away without providing a warranty just because the front and back tires are 2 different sizes. Sounds like car manufacturers are in bed with tire makers to me... Total BS IMO!!! I definitely will never buy another Michelin Pilot Sport Tires again and this time I wont FORGET!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Michelin Latitude HP 275/60r/20 - This is the highest priced tire they make for my luxury SUV. These tires need replacing at 28,000 miles. This is no joke. A Tire rated 90k. I complained. They acted like they were going to satisfy me as a customer. These tires came with my new car. They expected me to repurchase these tires at $1,400 plus tax. When is someone going to put a stop to Corp. screwing the public. Corruption will be the end of this nation. TRUST no more.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I even think it is fraud to advertise that they warranty that these tires will last 60,000 when the truth is that they last only 30,000 miles. I would understand if they last 55,000 miles that the way you drive can affect the life of the tire but NOT 30,000 MILES (half of what they should last). I paid almost $600 and thought it was worthy since they warranty they were going to last 60,000 miles. They worn out around 30,000 miles and they want me to buy a new set with a credit of only $120. They must be kidding, I would be like paying over $1000 for the 60,000 miles if I do that. Who would buy the same bad quality. The fame of Michelin is based on the marketing not on real quality.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

No complaints on handling traction and all that but 90000 miles is a joke. You pay top dollar for what you think is a good quality tire. Only got 40000 with all the rotations alignment etc. Do not buy the Defender, spend less money on another reputable brand. Shame on you Michelin.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I've been buying Michelin tires for over 30 years. Had a set on a 66 Chrysler for over 20 years and tires were still good. Bought a new set of LTX M/S 2 for 963.00 for my Dodge Ram 2500 in 2010. After about a year I noticed the sidewalls were cracking. Called the dealer and he said they were safe and it is just cosmetic. So I kept driving on them for the next 40,000 miles until a few days ago Oct 2017. Had a flat and took it to Costco to check out and they said they were rotten and would not repair them and that they were unsafe.

I then found out where the tire was leaking, out of a side wall crack. So it was not just cosmetic and I have been driving on unsafe tires all these years. Called Michelin and they said not to drive them if leaking out of sidewall, and the 6-year warranty has run out, and they will do nothing about selling a defective set of tires. If the side walls are leaking air that means the rotten rubber goes all the way through the tire. So I am no longer buying tires from such a corrupt company, who allowed me to drive on unsafe tires.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have a 2014 Jayco RV on a 2013 E-450 Ford chassis with Michelin LTX M/S tires, LT225/75R16, DOT B3JH009X with a tire manufactured date of 2113 or the 21st week of 2013. In July 2017 with only 17,000 miles on the odometer, I encountered thread separation on my right front tire. In September 2017, still with only 17,000 miles on the odometer, I encountered thread separation on my left rear outer dual tire. These are 70,000 mile warranty tires. In both cases, the local Michelin representative, Discount Tire, charged me for thread wear, an environmental fee, tire balancing and new valve stems for the replacement tires.

These tire failures cause significant amounts of inconvenience and time to get identified and replaced. Thread separations are very dangerous failures that could lead to blow outs and cause accidents. One case of thread separation out of six tires is bad but two cases of thread separation out of six tires is a big red flag. Upon my complaints to Michelin, their response was "in both cases you were charged for the thread wear on your tires." Not satisfied with this outcome, I feel that Michelin should stand behind their tires and provide free replacements or consider a recall of these tires.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I've been buying Michelin for over 25 years. No More! Purchased a set of Latitude tires for my Lexus in January 2017 for $600 installed. Michelin rate these tires at 55,000 mile. Now, with a little over 12,000 miles they are 80% worn and need to be replaced. The car is well maintained with regular tire rotation. I contacted Michelin for help under their warranty. They sent me to a local tire shop that told me the tires needed to be replaced. They tried to sell me off brand tires because THEY DO NOT CARRY MICHELIN TIRES! It seems Michelin has no intention of honoring it mileage warranty. It is bad business to rate a tire at 55,000 mile when, in reality it will only last 15,000 mile. Shame on Michelin!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I own a 2008 Toyota Solara... with 23000 miles on it. I have the original tires and I have been told by two different tire shops that they are worn out and need to be replaced before winter. I work out of my house and literally drive maybe 2-3 days a week to do errands. I do not know much about cars but I do know my tires should last longer than this. Do I have any recourse?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I own a 2014 Lexus, with 30,000 miles on the vehicle. The original tires are Michelin, Latitude model, and I just noticed that all four have cracks in the sidewalls. Also, the tread is showing more wear than they should for 30,000 miles. I would have thought that I should get 60,000 on Michelins. Very disappointed in what I thought was a premium tire!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had these tires on ONE DAY! Drove to work and on the way home on the highway the tire (Michelin Pilot sport 235 45r18) blew!!! Could have killed me. Lucky it was nighttime and not many cars on the road. The whole sidewall separated from the tread. I never want the brand of tire again!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

It is obvious the ratings on this site are inflated by paid trolls. Observe the 5 star reviews which occur every single day in January and end in February. Observe the sparsity of reviews before and after those reviews. Obviously someone has been paid to do those positive reviews. Here is my experience. Purchased Michelin Defenders with limited 90,000 mile warranty. At best I got 25,000 miles before I now have to replace them. I say at best as during the period I bought them I also rotated them off my car to use winter tires.

I have been told by my trusted car shop that 30,000 miles has been their recent experience on Michelin tire wear and other customers who tried to contact Michelin on warranty have been put through a wringer on required documentation and have not been able to collect anything. To be fair, I have not tried to contact Michelin so I can not personally vouch for that experience. I can, however, vouch for the horrible tread wear versus stated claims. My solution is to never to buy a Michelin product again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

As one of the big companies that constantly promote themselves being the best, this wasn't the experience. I bought a car in 2014 with Michelin Destiny Tires on them. By the next year, I started to notice cracking around the shoulders. Tires weren't even 4 years old, and had most of their tread. Michelin did nothing, and just gave a runaround. Fast forward to today and this is how they look like.

Original review: July 28, 2017

As most consumers, I reviewed Consumer Reports prior to making large purchases. In early May 2015, I needed to purchase tires for my 2010 Ford F150 XLT 2x4 truck. The original tires were worn out at 41,000 miles. The "best" replacement tire recommended by Consumer Reports was the Michelin Latitude Tour Radial tire - 265/60R18 109T. I purchased 4 and had them installed at a local tire shop; I also had 1 4-wheel alignment done at the same time. For warranty purposes, I registered them with Michelin. I purchased my truck new from the local Ford dealer and have it serviced there exclusively. Never wrecked or damaged, and each full service oil change (5k mile intervals) includes tire rotation. I've had the tires (4) re-balanced twice due to vibrations from the rear tires.

When it happened again (now 27k miles from new), I noticed both left side tires were "feathered" on the outer edge and starting to "cup". Local tire store says that Michelin warranty is "virtually useless" and their tires are nowhere near as good as they used to be. He highly recommends continuing to drive them until they wear out; then purchase a different manufacturer's tires. I will never again purchase Michelin tires!!!

Original review: May 16, 2017

These Michelin Green X Energy Saver A/S P225/50 R17 tires are the most slippery tires I have ever owned by far. My tires will most times spin when I enter a roadway, regardless of my speed. I was on an upward slope at a stop sign the other day and they spun for quite a few seconds before gaining enough traction to proceed - and this was a dry paved road! I am very concerned that when I must stop suddenly on a wet road, that I won't be able to stop in time. These tires came with the vehicle when I purchased it used from Folsom Ford.

Original review: April 24, 2017

We own a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe. Seven years ago we purchased a set of Michelin 235R 17 tires from Sears. The set lasted 98,000 miles and still had good tread on them but we're starting to crack due to age. Can't complain about that. They were great tires.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Purchased a brand new Nissan Rouge. Came with Michelin tires. Two separated at the tread. Emailed Michelin and was told to go to Tire Kingdom. Tire Kingdom said, "You must have hit something." I know I did not hit anything. I will not accept a high school kid telling me I hit something. So when I emailed Michelin and asked what better way they warranty their tires other than the opinion of a kid working at Tire Kingdom, I have received no response from Michelin in two months. P.S. Tire Kingdom has bought me 4 new wheels because they scratched them when I purchased 4 new tires on another car. This is the professionalism you get from Tire Kingdom recommended by Michelin. And the worst customer support from Michelin. These tires should be on a recall list before they kill someone.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I purchased 4 new Michelin tires in August 2016 from Tire Barn Warehouse in Johnson City, Tennessee, 423-283-9189. The air pressure light has come on 5 times and each time I take it back for correction I am told it is account of cold weather. I have used Michelin for over 40 years and have never heard this. The car is a 2015 Mazda 5. Is Michelin making a less than quality tire? I didn't pay a low price. The light goes off for about 2 weeks and then comes back on. Can you help? I am a loyal customer.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The tires on my Corvette have excellent adhesion and wear is good. Michelin's warranty could be improved... only covers 4 tire purchase if all tires are the same. My car has larger tires in the rear, but never had a warrantied situation arrive.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Replaced Firestones that aquaplaned and never felt stable during rough weather. The Michelins grip the road during heavy rain and winter weather, making the tire easier to handle and feeling more secure.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I use these tires on my Superduty Fords, my 3 axle equip trailer, my dump trailer and my wife's car. I do not overload my equipment so I do not have to worry about overloaded tires. I also do not have to worry about most traction snow/mud conditions. I do not have weak and wobbly side walls giving me any instability. I get very good tread life so the tires are worth the money. I have used Michelin for years with minimal problems and no blowout or failure problems.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Michelin was the first radial tire available. The rest of the industry were slow to learn, and I do not believe they ever caught up. I have owned other brands of tires and worked in a Bridgestone tire mfg plant, so I know tires. Michelin are the best quality retail tires available.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I've always choose Michelin Tires, even though they are more expensive they are the best. One gets what one pays for.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I have always used Michelin tires on my automobiles. I highly recommend these tires. At first, one will be shocked at the price of the tires, but they are well worth the monies one invests. To know that no matter what the road condition, that these tires will by far outperform most tires that are being used for your car, it is worth it in the long run. The guarantee is (I believe) 80000 miles, but I have always surpassed those miles. I have driven in numerous weather conditions and these tires have ALWAYS surpassed any other tire.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have owned B. F. Goodrich, Yokohama, General, Dunlop, and many other brands, but Michelin have outperformed all other brands in all categories. Yokohama tires were sold defective and caused an accident when the tires were on 6 weeks! They did not accept responsibility for the vehicle damage. Michelin lasted longer than expected. I do take care of my tires and have them rotated and balanced, and I make sure the tires are aligned.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I love cars, and to pay for college I worked as an auto mechanic, service adviser, and automotive service sales person (mostly tires). Now that I have been out of college for a few decades, I love fast luxury Sedans. But no matter what kind of car you drive, the most important thing is the safety of you, your loved ones, and the people you share the road with. And the second biggest factor in safe driving, right after driving safely, are your tires. And in my opinion, the best tires on the market are made by Michelin. They can not be beat for their combination of traction, low noise, and quality.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

There are many levels of quality in every brand, so the tire distributor is very important for giving an honest recommendation for the right tire and tire rotation for your car. America's Tire has done that and the Michelin tires I have purchased have performed very well. I like the all weather pattern for handling and ride comfort. I would recommend America's Tire and Michelin.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My mechanic put Yokohamas on when I needed new tires but they were very unstable and unsafe on the highway. I went back for Michelins which had been on the Sprinter Van when purchased. They make all the difference on how the van handles. Their medium duty van tires have the most stable side walls available. It's well worth the price difference.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I want some Michelin tires from Sears. I rolled it over 80,000 miles and it still didn't blow. I used to race on it until the wires was showing and it still didn't go on the flat. Michelins are the best.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I have always bought Michelin tires since I was young and always buy the best model. My tires now are at 40,000+ miles and have very good performance. Over many years I have only had one problem with a tire that developed a sidewall leak and had to be replaced.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

The tires have good stopping performance. I have more trust on them that's why I got them. They're on 9.000 miles and have great performance. I have been using Michelin tires for good over 30+ years. And I have depend on them more than any other tires in the market. I just prefer michelin tires.

Michelin expert review by Lauren Fix

Michelin is a global company that produces tires in nearly every category. Michelin operates several tire plants in the United States and has been in the tire business for over 100 years.

• Beyond cars and trucks: Michelin offers a full range of tires, including bicycle, motorcycle, agriculture and commercial tires.

• Availability: Michelin tires are available through major tire retailers as well as through stores such as BJ’s, Sam's and Costco.

• Michelin Promise Plan: For light truck and passenger tires, Michelin offers a comprehensive satisfaction plan. It includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 3-year flat tire changing assistance and a limited mileage warranty.

• Find My Tires Tool: Michelin's search tool is easy to use and comprehensive, allowing search by vehicle, tire size, tire name or tire category.

• Michelin Travel: Michelin has long been known for its comprehensive and global travel guides.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Michelin Tires Company Information