Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Michelin Tires

Michelin Tires
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.44/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Michelin Tires Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2018

I love my Michelin tires and have asked the dealer to change the tires on a new car to Michelin tires or I would not buy/lease the car. They have complied to my demands every time Or lose the sale. I have Michelin tires on my last 10 leases. No problems and never a wear issue or safety issue.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The tires have a reputation for quality, which experience has shown the tires live up to. The good grip and handling give me confidence when I drive in wet conditions.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have about 65K on my tires and they are still great. Hope to have them another 10K. My husband put another Tire Maker on his truck and changed them immediately to the Michelins. Both my daughters have Michelins and are very happy with them also.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have been purchasing Michelin tires for over 30 years but their B. F. Goodrich brand sucks! They usually get better mileage and are pricey but I try to buy them when they have a rebate program. They are the only brand where it means something when you are attempting to sell your vehicle by listing those brand tires. It usually means the person has taken good care of their vehicle to a potential customer.

Original review: June 15, 2018

So far we have been completely satisfied with everything about these Michelin Tires. I wanted the best for my wife's vehicle, and we got them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Michelin tires have great durability, rolling resistance capabilities, and great smoothness on the road. They may be pricey but this tire is the one I buy when looking at new tires.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have purchased several new cars and SUV's and find that Michelin tires have a better ride, produce less road noise and wear better (other than summer only performance tires) than other brands used by different manufacturers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I love my Michelin tires, the ride is smooth for my Sedan. They are expensive but they are worth the extra cost. I have had my car for five years and this was my second set... so I guess I wish durability was better.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Bought Michelin Tires from Sam's, great place to buy tires. I got the low gas mileage tire and I am getting more miles per gallon. Sam's rotates for free every 5000 miles, good service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought my car in 2010 and have had no problems with my tires until 2017. I had to replace them then. And that was the first time I had problems when a nail went into the tire.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The tires are great. Best decision I made in my life was buying these tires. I recommend these tires to anyone looking to buy new tires. Thank you for your time.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Michelin is really good tire. They do really well in the bad weather. I have a 4 wheel drive Toyota Highlander and no complaints. Plus they ride very quietly which is important to me.

Original review: June 12, 2018

This tire offers fantastic handling, even if you aren't in a performance car. It will not typically attain the manufacturer mileage target but the end of tire life credits are fair.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I bought a set of LTX M/S2. And after 22,000 miles the Tread caps cracked 360 degrees on all 4 tires, well they would do nothing because they had been on the truck 59 months. Horrible tire and refused to even look at photos. Stay away from MICHELIN!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have a car that has 24,000 miles on that I bought new. Car had 235 65 r18 touring tires on it. Was on trip to California for Memorial Day weekend and was driving 75 mph when driver front tire blew up. Thought I had run something over and put on donut tire and got another tire. The tire that blew up they wanted me to keep for warranty. No room in car for two large dogs and luggage SRX SUV. Tire didn't lose air it blew up. Looking at remaining three tires I can see visible cracks in all three tires. Scared to drive car at highway speed now and nobody wants to do anything. I’m 63 and changing tire in 100° heat on hot asphalt With cars flying by on busy weekend very dangerous. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We purchased a 2017 Toyota Camry XSE one year ago this month (May) which included Michelin Tires (P225/45R18 91V). This car has approximately 4,600 miles on it. Several months ago, while driving along the road small bricks apparently had fallen off a truck and I slightly hit one of them. My “new” right front tire ripped into and had to be replaced, costing almost $300.

On Tuesday (May 1, 2018) on Florida’s Turnpike from Orlando, at 70 miles, our left back tire exploded. It was such a frightening experience since we were between the guardrail on our left and a semi-truck on our right, and flowing traffic. My husband was able to finally get the car under control and we were able to make it to the shoulder of the road. What a traumatic experience! We thanked our God.

We had to drive 55 miles per hour with our flasher for over 1 1/2 hours on the Turnpike until we reached the Toyota dealership. Again the quoted cost was $270 for another tire. We are very upset that 2 Michelin tires with less than 5,000 miles have had to be replaced. We no longer feel safe with these tires on our vehicle. And after reading consumer reviews on Michelin Tires, we are replacing all four tires, with another brand. This is an unnecessary and unfair expense to us. When we purchased our Toyota Camry, we never expected to have defective tires that almost cost us our lives. We have photos of the tire that exploded.

Original review: April 8, 2018

In 2011 I bought a new Honda Ridgeline. In 2013 I noticed the tires looked like they were cracking. They were cracking in the treads and sides. Had 15,000 miles on it. So I contacted dealer about warranty. The dealer gave me some runaround but I pushed the issue. They basically gave me the contact for Michelin to contact them. So this is what I did. Tires were 8/32 and 9/32. So very little tread was worn. They replaced the tires after I had to pay partial for the tires. Which was ok, but I didn't feel I should have to be paying for anything to do with tires at this point.

Now 2018 the truck has 36,000 miles on it, tires are over 3/4 tread still. However, they are cracking again. Most of the cracking now is in the tread area. So again I am going to have to replace tires that have lots of tread life on them. Michelin had recalls on these types of tires for cracking just not the size tires I have. I would not recommend Michelin tires and will not get again. Tires I have are Michelin LTX P245/65/17R M/S tires.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My current set of Michelin tires, rated at 70,000 miles warranty, will hit the 4/32 wear mark at 34-35,000 miles - if I'm lucky. The previous set lasted about 25,000 miles. I keep my tires properly inflated and rotated, and wheels aligned. They show no signs of uneven wear or scalloping. They are simply wearing prematurely. I am done with Michelin. I will also continue to warn anyone who will listen. Michelin either has lost its quality control or purposely changed the compound for more rapid sales turnover. Luckily I buy all my tires from Discount Tire and they will honor the warranty without insisting I buy another set of Michelins. Just wish I wouldn't have suckered for this set after my previous experience.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Defender tires - Worst set of tires I've ever owned (I am 45 and have bought many sets of new tires). We bought these for the Dodge Journey my wife uses to haul the kiddos around. We paid significantly more than other brands of tires would have cost based upon the supposed quality of the Michelin name and the recommendation of the tire dealer. They were rated for either 60k or 80k miles, can't recall which. In any event, we just replaced them after a grand total of about 26,000 miles. Bear in mind this is a very normal mix of driving -- 50/50 highway and all of it on paved roads. We did what we were supposed to do -- rotation, alignment, but the tires simply were not made to last. When we replaced them, the dealer (not the same one as before) said these are known to be very poor tires. Very frustrating. Will not buy Michelin again.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I bought four Michelin P255/70R16 in 2004 for my Chevy Silverado truck. Had a plug put in one that a bolt went into on the side. Never had a flat except that one. Still has good tread and ran these tires for 59,000 miles. Just now realized I need new tires. Michelin customer service said they only recommend running tires for ten years. Hope the new ones will give good service.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Bought a set of Pilot tires about 25K miles ago for my C350 MBZ with the understanding that they would last in the neighborhood of 45K miles. Well now the tires are bald. So I inquired about the warranty to 45K and have been informed by my dealer (AFTER I BOUGHT THE TIRES) that because the rear tires cannot be rotated, and even though the tread has worn evenly, my warranty is half, yes half, of what is advertised. Well isn't that just convenient. Now I have to spend my time finding some other manufacturer that will actually warranty their tires as advertised.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We decided to put a new rear tire on our bike before spring gets here. Much to both of our surprise, the old tire (it is only a year and a half old, and we are in our late 40’s and do not ride dangerously or enter into burn out contests) we took off, a Michelin Commander II (not a cheap tire by any means), had large, deep cracks the entire way around (there is no dry rot and the bike doesn’t sit long enough for that to occur), and some are deep enough to see the belts. It certainly has not been on enough miles for this kind of thing to occur. We are regular riders, and are on the bike several times per week during the spring, summer and fall months, but again, we are respectful riders. He often takes the grandchildren for rides as well, and the thought that this tire has been this way for God knows how long is certainly an extremely scary feeling.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I recently purchased a set of "new" Michelin Pilot Street tires for my Honda Blackbird. I did not ask the retailer how old the tires were as I assumed they would be at most a few years old. It turns out that when I checked the stamp on the tires they had "2012", meaning manufactured in week 20 of the year 2012. That means they were made in about May of 2012. The purchase date was February 2018. I rang to complain about this and was told by a Michelin rep that, "Our tires are good for ten years". Funny how Bridgestone say that their tires are removed from circulation after three years and that Pirelli don't recommend their tires be used after six years. I will never purchase a tire from these frauds ever again. This is a motorcycle I am riding, and tire integrity is a life and death issue.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I purchased a set of Michelin Premier tires about 2 and a half years and 30,000 miles ago. In my experience they have been nothing but pure garbage. I have had flats in 3 of the 4 tires and in one tire it went flat twice. I understand that all tires can get flats so I won't be too critical on this point. The guy at the discount tire after my third flat told me due to the type of material used that these tires are more susceptible to picking up nails and debris that can cause flats. Over this past summer I let the car sit on a hot driveway for about a week. When I went to drive the car again I noticed that the two front tires had huge bulges on the sidewalls. I took the car back to discount and was told that somehow the tire inner liner was damaged causing the tires to bulge out.

I was told that this was NOT a material defect rather caused from either something hitting the tire really hard or extreme heat. I was able to get the tires replaced at a prorated price. The remaining tires on the vehicle are now cracking and leaking badly. They have approx half the tread life left but since the rubber is in such poor shape I will have to get these replaced before the useful tread life. In contrast on my other car I have a set of Nexen tires and have had none of these problems. I would save your money and opt for a financially cheaper tire with better performance. The Michelin tires are overpriced overrated junk.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

These tires (Michelin PRIMACY MXV4) came standard on my 2015 Honda Pilot. I have approximately 37,000 on my vehicle and I already need to replace the tires. I even have my tires rotated ever 5,000 miles - what a waste, in addition it vibrated not a smooth ride. Michelin has a warranty but only give you 41% off a tire that should still be good if it did its job and last 60K.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I bought a brand new Toyota Corolla 2016 in 2016. I thought, "Wow. I have great tires and they should last me a while." They are Michelin All Seasons that are apparently discounted. When I took my car to get a tire change because a nail on the sidewall they told me my tires were almost on the red at 22,000 miles!!! Flash forward to 4 months later I have 29,000 and they are way on red! I'm scared to even drive! It's not even worth calling customer service! Now I have to buy brand new tires for a 1 1/2 year old car. I will never buy Michelin again. The tires at 150-170 a tire and they don't last at all!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a set of Michelin Defender tires in 2-2015. I made sure all four tires had the same DOT numbers. I have kept my car in alignment, always check the air pressure regularly, rotate them on regular basis... I do 99% highway (interstate) driving with these tires... They were stated as "90,000" mile tires. WHAT A JOKE!!! I have 40,080 miles and the tread is down to 3/32!!! In my opinion, Michelin should be brought up on fraud charges! I understand it is "limited warranty... Up to 90,000 miles..." but to get less than half the miles! There is ABSOLUTELY no way anyone could get even close to their stated "90,000" miles on these tires!!! In reading some of the reviews, I saw a gentleman from Santa Fe, stated the same issue... He only got 40,000 miles on his Defender tires out of the stated 90,000 mile warranty. Michelin tires are very overpriced and obviously not worth the cost!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Bought a set of Michelin tires in 2015 (55,000 mile warranty). Less than 2 years and 18,000 miles, tires need replacing - chunks of rubber breaking off. Called customer service. They advised taking to local dealer for inspection. They said it was cosmetic only and the tires were safe and this was common with Michelin tires. I am not so sure they are safe. This shouldn’t happen to a $212 tire that is supposed to be high quality, offered to give me $20.00 off each tire if I bought a set of new ones! Will not buy Michelin tires again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I'd like to start this by saying that I've been in the tire industry as a sales man, technician, and supervisor for approximately five years. Currently I am a supervisor in the tire industry. The majority of the tires I sell are Michelin. I have even been to their headquarters in Greenville for training and I have spent time on their track testing out various tires. I have first hand experience with how good their tires. I also have experience dealing with Michelin with unsatisfied customers.

I've been on the phone for with Michelin on these customer's behalf and I have helped make these customers happy by getting them what they were due, which is usually a mileage warranty. My place of employment only honors mileage warranties on tires that they sell. Unfortunately the Michelin tires on my vehicle were not purchased there. For obvious reasons, mostly the fact that I work there and the logistics of getting service, I wanted to purchase my tires from my employer.

However the current Michelin tires I had only got half the miles they were warranted for and I had to go to a different tire place to get my warranty. Now, for tires purchased at my employer, giving out a Michelin warranty takes less than 10 minutes. We measure the treads, we look at rotation history, we then put it in the computer, and it prints out a barcode that we scan to give back money. It's simple percentages. If you get half the miles the tires are warrantied for you get half the money you spent on the tires back. If you got 30% of the tires you get back 70%. So on and so forth. You can then do what you want with that money. You can buy new tires or you can walk away.

It's a great system and it keeps everyone happy. My employer keeps customers and they get that money from Michelin once the tires are stickered and sent in. Now my issue was that they couldn't warranty my tires because I didn't buy them there. Decisions were made at the corporate levels at Michelin and my employer that set up that rule. So I called Michelin. It was an easy phone call. I was told to take my tires in to an authorized service center and a list was located on their website. My tires were then going to get measured, Michelin was going to be contacted, and then a check was going to be cut with my mileage warranty once I purchased new tires.

The first authorized dealer I went to did not want anything to do with it at that time. They simply told me they were too busy to look at my tires and told me to come back some other time, preferably during the early morning hours. Unfortunately I work during those times and I already drove there and wasted time doing that. I then decided to go to the place I bought my tires. I told them all they had to do was measure my tires and call Michelin to report the tread and the miles on my odometer. That went smoothly enough. The Michelin rep on the phone asked the tire person when I bought my tires, how much I paid for them, the DOT number of the tires, the miles at installation, and the current miles. I was then given a dollar amount of how much I was getting back and a percentage amount that I did not get out of my tires. I thanked the tire person and I left.

I then went and bought my tires from my employer and I sent over my receipt. This is when the issues started happening. A few days later I received a phone call telling me that my check was on the way and telling me how much it was. The amount of the check was lower, by approximately $50, than the original check I was promised. $50 dollars isn't a lot, but for me it's the principle of the matter. This is a company I have supported with my own money and a company whose products, thousands of products, I have sold through the years partially based on their warranty, I felt betrayed.

I contacted Michelin and I asked them about the discrepancy. They then told me that they were giving me a percentage based on the price of my new tires. This did not make any sense to me. The new tires are not the tires whose warranty failed. The old tires were. The old tires were also more expensive than the new tires I bought, so I was receiving less money. I was never told that I will be receiving money based on the new tire cost. I was told exactly how much I will be receiving based on how much I paid for the tires that did not get the miles they were warrantied to. This was all communicated to me through the tire dealer that examined my tires and contacted Michelin.

So I call Michelin back and I ask them about the discrepancy. They have no answers and they keep repeating that the new tire price is what is used to calculate the warranty. I then tell them that I was told something different and I give them the time the phone call was placed. All phone calls to Michelin are recorded and you are told so when you call them. I tell them to go over the phone call and to listen to the Michelin rep. say that amount. The person I was talking to said she could not do that and that her supervisor can and said she will transfer me.

She did not transfer me, but rather hung up on me. I call back. I get another person who seemed to know what I just got hung up on, and said their phone system is having issues. Funny how it never had any issues until I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was then told that the supervisor is busy and that he will contact me shortly. I've been waiting to hear from a supervisor for over a day. At this point I'm upset as a customer and I'm also upset as someone that has sold their product for years and as someone who will be selling their product for years. Now I can't honestly recommend Michelin tires without hesitation based on how I'm being treated by Michelin.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Stock tires on my 2014 Corvette are almost goners at 8,200 miles. These tires have 30,000.00 warranty and as you can see are nowhere close to that. I had a previous experience with my 2005 Corvette and switched to Goodyear on that car. Run flats have fewer options, last time I looked. I couldnt believe these tires on the 2014 were worn at 8200 miles and just replaced with same tires without even thinking about the past 2005 situation.

I do not drive fast or race the car. I treat it very gentle! A week later I am remembering the 2005 tires wearing out early. I think those wore out around 15,000 miles but they were highway miles versus this time were it's more city driving. I can not believe they get away without providing a warranty just because the front and back tires are 2 different sizes. Sounds like car manufacturers are in bed with tire makers to me... Total BS IMO!!! I definitely will never buy another Michelin Pilot Sport Tires again and this time I wont FORGET!!!

Michelin Tires Company Information