Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Michelin Tires

Michelin Tires
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Michelin Tires Reviews

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Our Grand Cherokee had Michelins; but that model was no longer available. Researched and decided on the premier LTX. Felt the great gripping quality right away on stopping, turns, mud and later in light snow/ice. Now have 40000 km and there has been no change in traction performance. Tires rotated after every full synthetic oil change (11000-13000 km). There is a bit more noise than in the past model.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

These tires are horrible for treadwear. They wear out quickly. Michelin offers a 70000 mile warranty but only if you get them rotated every 6-8000 miles. Please reconsider. They can be quite loud and I have been seeing an issue with getting many nails and screws in my tires, I don't really drive in any areas that this would be likely so I believe they are highly susceptible to damage. Cannot say enough bad things.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My 2003 Toyota Camry failed its inspection in August 2019 in one part due to worn tires. A Maryland inspector failed at all four tires, which were purchased NEW in August 2017. They had about 20K miles on them. They were supposed to last 65K miles and I am very gentle on cars.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Latitude Tour tires were warranted for 65000 miles on my car when purchased new in 2015. At 51000 miles, my dealership service department said they were worn to the point of being at the legal minimum. Upon talking to the head of service and reading the warranty booklet, I discovered that there are so many limitations and conditions, it's pretty much impossible to get a warranty claim approved. So my rating applies both to the performance of the product and the long list of exclusions on the warranty. I purchased Michelin because of the mileage warranty. I will look at brands outside of those manufactured by Michelin in the future.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I used to only purchase Michelin's, I need new tires and have been trying to decide again. Reviews are helpful ONLY IF those doing so share THE STYLE of Michelin they purchased as the Premier is getting many negative ones due to tread wear, yet others like Defender etc have better reviews w/ high mileage. Also, how many miles driven and on what car/truck/suv you drive are all beneficial as some vehicles do better with certain tires than others. Sadly, I'm still undecided. My current tires are Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus, no issues other than 10k miles under warranty and at 2/32 evenly. So, will likely use warranty and get a new set. I was hoping for Michelin and a quieter ride but for $700 avg cost, I want to ensure great tire that lasts vs replacing at under 30k miles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michelin?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have leased cars and SUVs for over 35 years. I have never had tire wear like I currently have on my 2018 Cadillac XT5. My wife had the car serviced at 27,000 miles. The lease runs out in December and they told her she would have to purchase new tires. I have NEVER put new tires on a leased car. Apparently I am not the only one that has wear issues with the Premier LTX tires. Other owners of Cadillac XT5 has had problems with tire wear.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I purchased a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT in October 2016. The vehicle came with Michelin Latitude Touring HP tires I explained to the dealer that I am mostly Hwy driving and off road a bit and have always had more rugged BF Goodrich tires on my Explorers over the last 21 years (at that time). Never had a flat tire or any tire trouble with BF Goodrich tires in 21yrs. First year I hardly drove the new Explorer as I liked my older one better. So here it is June 2019 - 2 years and 8 months into driving with Michelin tires and 42,130 km on those tires and 2 of the tires have to be replaced. Best part was a flat tire Jan 2017 and-30 outside Dealership said I had a nail in the tire! Fixed and 4 months later another flat (4,000km after last flat) on the same tire and dealer saying nail again! Funny thing-the guys that came to change to dummy tire both times said and showed me- no nail or screw in the tire!

Now this time I do have a roofing nail right at the edge of the sidewall so that tire finished (legitimate- neighbour reroofing their garage). I accept that 1 flat tire. Then another tire -drivers front had a big gouge out of it. They said I hit the curb (really- how many times do I park on the left hand side of the street??). Maybe once in two years! So 42,130 km and 8/32 tread left on the tires and the vehicle has been mine for 2yrs and 8 months. 3 tires are not Hwy worthy so I had to get brand new tires. What will Michelin do for me. Nothing! So don’t waste your money on these tires. You are better off with BF Goodrich on a more rugged tire.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Defender LTX on Expedition. Tires are good to 60 mph. At 70 mph, in cross wind, they drive like a snake. At 75 mph changing lanes brings white knuckles and grey hair. GROSS OVER-STEER. These tires are not suitable for Ford Expedition.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Michelin has decided that tires of theirs over 10 years can’t be put on a vehicle. I went in today to switch them over and these tires were bought new in 2012. They have never been driven in the winter and our summer is only a couple months long. Two of those years they weren’t even on the car because they were in storage. My winter tires are also Michelin and I was switching them over when Costco said Michelin won’t let them put them on. I will never buy this brand again and will make sure to tell everyone how bad they are.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I’m leasing a 2017 XT5 Cadillac. The car has 24000 miles on it total. I have kept up with regular tires, would not pass inspection at this point. I feel that is unacceptable for a Michelin Tire. What can I do?

Michelin Tires Company Information