2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.08/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Discount Tire Shop Now

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

On 12/18/2019, I visited Discount Tire #1757 in Little Elm, TX to have a new tire installed on the rear of my C7 Corvette Z06 Z07. In the process of attempting to mount the tire, the employees at this establishment damaged a 20"x12" rim on the rear driver's side of my vehicle. On the morning of 12/19/2019, I spoke with the store manager, Tad. Tad stated, "Well, I was here yesterday, and we took pictures of the damage on your wheel before we began work on your car. We were going to tell you that your wheel was damaged, but you were on the phone, so we couldn't tell you." The store manager also attempted to insinuate that my wheel was damaged due to "curb rash" that I must have incurred on my own.

This is a blatant lie. This car retailed for just shy of $100k - needless to say, I am extremely careful and meticulous about this vehicle in every way. Automobiles are not only a passion of mine, they are a form of self-expression for me. All things considered, I know about each and every inch of my Corvette. Rarely do I drive this car due to my work extraordinary schedule. Furthermore, it is only highway-driven and garage-stored.

As for the store manager's accusation that I must have hit a curb sustaining "curb rash" prior to visiting Discount Tire, I will say this: the wheel that was damaged is on the driver side rear solely. Apparently, the store manager did not think about the fact that we drive on the right side of the roadway in this country and also tend to sit and exit our vehicles on the left side before he made the allegation that the damaged wheel was due to "curb rash". If that was the case, the damage would likely be on the passenger side of the car and likely affect the front or both the front and rear wheels on the passenger side. Again, the damage was sustained on the driver side rear wheel only.

There was absolutely no damage on this car until it was grossly mishandled by Tad and his subordinates at Discount Tire in Little Elm. Specifically, the high-gloss paint was scratched off the aluminum wheel. Not only was the perimeter of the wheel scratched, but also the inner radius of the wheel was scratched as well. Additionally, in some areas the damage exceeded the high-gloss finish of the wheel, therefore, the aluminum incurred corrosion.

The store manager, Tad, refused to take accountability for the actions of him and his subordinates, so I have had no choice, but to pay to replace the wheel that Discount Tire has ruined. I have contacted Discount Tire Regional Offices and a claim has been filed, however, I have yet to receive any substantial result or follow-up to the claim that was filed. Simply put, do not take any vehicle that you care about to Discount Tire unless you are okay with your vehicle potentially being damaged. They completely lack respect, honesty, class, accountability, and professionalism - they do not deserve the patronage.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Yes I went to the Discount Tire on Rt16 in Saint Augustine FL. The special was a lousy $10 off 4 tires, HA.. I ordered online I don't live that close. I get there the 2 tires I ordered were NOT THERE & WAS TOLD THE SUBSTITUTES WAS ALL THEY HAD?? I told them I ordered online & was told to come in. Problem #2 I was mad & was going to walk out but was told that these other be tires were Better? Well the guy comes out & does (3) measurements on each tire & was told I could get my 2 tires (I was trying them out after the switch).

Well anyway after being assured by Guy#1 I could get 2 tires with no problem!! Well the mechanic comes to me & says I have to get 4 tires? After me telling him the guy did 3 measurements on each tire & assured me I didn't have any problem. After almost walking me out the mechanic find the job (WOW WHAT A BAIT & SWITCH I EVER ENDURED).

The owner did call me and offer my other 2 tires for free. I told him I went to Walmart & got better price & no lies given to me. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS DISCOUNT TIRE STORES EVER AGAIN!! If you read this store that plays Bait & Switch on a disabled veteran which I told every employee at that store was the reason be of getting 2 tires at a time is a Store veteran or not should have THAT HAPPEN TO THEM!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

First of all, I don’t have any problem with the Apple Valley Discount Tire location or the employees. I would like to say that the staff is great and I have been doing business with them for a long time. This is about the Corporate side Greed and the Rebate Promotions they fail to honor. I went into Apple Valley Discount Tire for tires (what else) and the earliest appointment they had was weeks out, the day after Black Friday, so I took it. This had the added bonus of being able to get the Black Friday Discount, or so I thought. Promotion Name: BLACK FRIDAY 10% Mail-In Rebate 11-28-2019 to 12-01-2019 – 87192.

I was in on the 30th, submitted the rebate on the 1st, and then on the 5th receive an email stating that I was denied because: “Your purchase was made outside of the promotional period.”. Well my receipt… you know, that piece of paper thing they give you after you pay… with the purchase information needed for the above rebate… says I was in on the 30th well within the promotional period… so WTF! The thing is, if you really want to rip me off for 10% of the bill or around $80 give or take, then keep it. I can go elsewhere in the future, and you can’t buy advertising like this… It has to be earned… All the single stars $80 bucks can buy.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Discount Tire has always been five stars with me, but this last experience was quite different. I went in to get a set of Michelin Tires. I called and ensured that the desired tires were in stock, and then scheduled for the next day. I arrived and they had no record of this. They then said the tires that I wanted were not available and "conned" me into a different tire as I needed the tires that day. Looking back, I wish I'd gone elsewhere. I'm frustrated that I was assured that the tires were in stock only to arrive and find that they weren't. Mr. ** noted this conversation never took place, though I recorded it.

I feel they took advantage of our situation and sold us low quality tires vs. the preferred Michelin that I went there to get. I won't go back to Discount Tire unless I have a lot of time to wait for my preferred tires and get it in writing that they'll be there when I arrive to get them put on. I also won't deal with Mr. ** again, but would choose another associate. Customer service here has slipped tremendously in the past few years.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I went in for a flat repair at 8 am and was told I would be out by 9:45. We sat there and watched everyone that came after us come and go..not everyone had an appointment. Ask for my keys and watched as he pulled from the very back of the pile all because I didn't purchase tires. Keep in mind the flat was purchased from them..get better service at Walmart..

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We bought a set of tires for a Subaru Outback from Discount Tire. They were selling Geostar tires that fit the car so we bought a set which I mounted and balanced (ASE Certified Mechanic trained in dynamic balancing). In less than 6 months two tires failed from tire separation and were removed before they blew out. The third tire had the entire sidewall blow out when my wife was driving along a rural highway. Luckily, she was able to control the car. I removed the fourth tire before we had it fail. I emailed Discount Tire and got a reply to "call Customer Service". My feeling is that I already made contact and explained the situation. I told Discount Tire that the Geostar tires were not just bad, but dangerous. I have bought many tires from Discount Tires Direct and from their retail stores. Poor tires and poor customer service mean that Discount Tire just lost a customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Smokey point Arlington discount will sell you new tires, but they are always booked out 2-3 weeks for free balancing and rotations. I have tried to get my tires rotated 3 times and all 3 times I've done it myself. And now after rotating the tires this last time one of the front tires are out of balance, and I had to go to Les Schwab for a timely fix.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

My family had always purchased tires from the Discount tires. My brother took his car to the discount tires for balance and rotation and was refused the service and sent away. He left the country to work overseas for several years, the car was garaged for storage. Just because the tires (which were purchased from the Discount Tires) were older than 6 years now, even they had only 15,000 miles on them, never exposed to extreme weather and temperature. They would not even rotate the tires.

I understand if a tire been in extreme heat and cold climate, which made the tire unsafe to work with but, these tires were taken care of with extreme low mileage. The rep started to want to sell me new set of tires, why? So we put more into the landfill? Then he said the best them can do is to check the tire pressure. The kid checking the tire pressure for me (can tough the compressor myself), wanted to put lower pressure than what's marked on the sticker on the door jam. He claimed if the stick reads 32 PSI then we should keep the tires at lower PSI when they are hot??? I questioned that wisdom, but he was very firm on what he was told to do. I asked him to put in 35 PSI at 3 PSI over the recommended pressure since the tires were warm after being driven.

I will not go back to that franchise in the future. I could understand the concerns for their workers but if they are scared to even rotate the tires (not asking them to dismount it), How the heck would a service station service all those cars and truck on the roadway with tires older than 6 years? The guy even walked me over to a floor sign and pointed out why they won't "touch" the tires because it's aged beyond 6 years.... My goodness, have to have these kids tell me what's right and wrong. If they won't even rotate the tires after the tires had the 6th birthday.... they can keep all the new ones because my family won't be going back there in the future.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Michelin set chocolate walls. 10/5/19 estimate appointment 45 minutes took 2.15 hours but it's ok. Been going there 21 years. But to tell me you don't clean your new tires before you send to road that is wrong. Manager said "Go to car wash. We only shine them. We don't clean them." Dah you already shine the brown wall came back. Long story short it has not been 30 days. Clean them well or replace them or bad reviews going to be all over the net and will try dispute.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Free Tire inspections, Best in Class Sales and Service. The entire team truly cares for each other and the customers and it shows. Always low prices and fresh coffee! I have used Discount Tire for the past 15 years.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I called around and went to specialty shops where I was told due to the new 2019 GMC pickups the caliper was different and very few wheels would fit them. Right then and there I stopped shopping online, Discount Tire came up on Google search, We went through what they had to offer, picked out a set of four ($1200) and I called, I was Guaranteed they would test fit, then install and test drive. Annette made an appointment, she was finally helped an hour after her appointment time, 2 hours later they gave her the keys and she paid. Without knowing I called down several times wanting to purchase a fifth wheel in case one was damaged. Lo and behold these wheels are discontinued. NICE.

Well that Saturday I went to drive it, when backing up and turning the tires rubbed and tore off my factory mud flaps. I called multiple times. ** in fact was his name and even e-ailed. Never a response. I went into the store, the person who helped Annette seen us and turned to I am guessing ** where he left the room and yes you got it, nope he is off today and we must talk to ** on this issue. Will I ever go to or recommend Discount Tire again?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I've been a good supporter of Discount Tire over the years, mostly in the Phoenix Metro area and recently in Show Low, AZ, as they opened a store there a few years back. This morning about 8:15 AM I call and speak to Eric. I ask for an appointment to get tires rotated and balanced. He says, "Bring it in right now." I say I'm an hour away. He gives me the runaround to schedule an appointment later this morning or this afternoon. I jump to it and get there to work with Will. He sets me up and tells me he'll take care of me. Good, I check the time and it's 9:35 AM.

At 11:30 I'm frustrated and pissed. No communication. I look and my Jeep is parked in the same spot. I stand at the counter until 11:40 when Will finally acknowledges me and says I'm next after the Escalade. I say, "No, give me the keys. I'm done and have to leave." On the way out he asks if I would like to schedule an appointment! "Here's the deal, buy a set of tires from us and we include free balance and rotation every 7,000 miles (used to be 5,000 miles) for the life of the tires."

They don't tell you upfront that the tire rotation and balance is going to take 2-3 hours. The stores in the valley were always prompt and communicated. This isn't the first time the Show Low store has disappointed me with their lack of customer service or follow-up with their deal. They are busy, so as long as new customers are coming through the doors they will not feel the sting of repeat customers leaving. Until their service improves I'll be off to shop and get service from another dealer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I have been a customer of Discount Tire for years now and on the 26th of August I had stopped in the main Street Mesa location around 11 am because I had a vibration coming from the front. I asked one of the workers to check it out. I suggested it feels like the tire pressure is low or the lug nuts aren't torqued down enough. Discount tire was the last people to touch my wheel. He put in air in the tires and I asked him again to check to make sure the wheel was torqued enough and he said it would be a 3 hour wait or longer and they were super busy but I could bring it to the Gilbert location if I still had a vibration.

About 2 miles away from the Gilbert road exit the vibration got really bad and then my car jerked to the left. Almost hit the divider. Thankful I was in the hov lane and was able to avoid hitting anything and had to limp my car off the copper exit and avoided getting hit.. I stopped and saw that 3 lug nuts came off and one wheel stud broke off. I immediately called this location (South Scottsdale) who did the work about 350 miles ago for my left front wheel being out of balance and they didn't seem to concerned about it but told me that the location nearest can handled it.. Had to get it towed to Subaru in Gilbert and they fixed the broken wheel studs and then went to the Gilbert location to have them try and resolve the issue. I had filed a claim for damages to my car and the tow / loss of use (20 days) and putting my life and the lives of others in danger, as well as my time I've wasted.

I talked to Jim in the claims Dept. Told him what had happened.. All he was concerned about was the bill I got from Subaru and the tow company. I sent him all the requested photos and invoices and brought up the whole putting my life in danger. He ended being out of the office until the 23rd. And he lies to me when he said he be in the office at 8:30 and he would touch base with me and his automated email said they same thing. And avoided that conversation as much as possible.

I got ahold of him on the following Monday after leaving a voicemail that he ignored but responded because of my email which he dismissed my concerns. Said they would pay for the damages. That was it. I got a check to cover Subaru and the tow company. I had to then go back to the Gilbert location for them to try and help me. Ended up finding out the wheel was damaged along with the rest of them because this location gouged and scratched my wheels too like Subaru stated as well as they put the messed up wheel on my car and said, "Don't drive on it unless you're bringing to discount tire" a couple miles from my place. Played phone tag with Jim. He still dismissed my concerns both via phone and email.

Ended up having to order a new wheel. Well that was discontinued and to find wheels in the size I had was very hard. Discount in Gilbert put a random wheel on my car but it wasn't the same spec as my other wheels so they just said they put it on there to get it home. All they did was cover my repairs all. Got me a rental car on Sept 4th for 6 days before I started my new job so my first day I had to return the rental car because discount tire didn't allow me to use it for longer. So for 14 days I wasn't able to drive anywhere unless I borrowed my girl's car.

I put calls into corporate with promises of speaking with this locations vp as well as Jim's boss but none of them called me and even refused to put me through to their voicemails when I called again. They just had Jim call me... Discount tires customer service is by far the worse of any company I've ever dealt with.. Long story short discount tire could of prevented all of this if they took 10 mins out of their day to make sure their customers' cars are safe. And could care less that their customers are truly taken care of. At least the Gilbert location is helping me out with getting my car back on the road. Guessing corporate was never give my messages but I'll keep leaving this review everywhere until they truly resolve this mess they created.

Email I sent to Jim Brandt in claims. "I want discount tires to cover the loss of time for the time I was without my car. I don't care you guys got me a rental car I couldn't even use for my first week of work because it was only for 6 days. You guys only covered 9 days at 20 dollars a day. That's a joke. The only reason I said "Yeah sure" when we talked because I was busy trying to find wheels for my car. And now I've had time to think about it since I just got the check. And what about covering my time dealing with you and having to be at Gilbert trying to sort all this out which is almost a total of 10 hours.

Considering a rental car is at least 35 a day and I have been without my car for 20 days now luckily Gilbert location was able to find wheels for my car and the only reason I had to order new ones mine was discontinued and you never even processed a claim for my other wheels for the scratches and such. And nor have you guys even compensated me for putting my life and others in danger which I said multiple times to you and you ignored that. So it's good to know that discount feels this headache and putting lives in danger your company including you have caused me is only worth 180 dollars (I'm not including the wheels because you guys didn't have a choice to replace them all).

I want to resolve this through you please before I seek legal advice. But I feel getting a lawyer involved will be the only way you guys will take me seriously. And I appreciate you completely ignoring the subject matter of my emails and our phone conversations and it goes to show discount tire really cares about its customers." Would love if corporate would really reach out me about this matter.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Discount Tire at 2623 W Braker Ln Austin, TX 78758. I had the most amazing experience at this store! The most remarkable thing about this store is its leadership/management. I had an extraordinarily difficult situation and management was willing to go over and above usual protocol to help get my daughter a tire. I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday without a way to get to work. This store has MY business for the rest of my life! Thank you, ** and **! (Yes, there are two ** at the same store! And they are both extraordinary and wonderful!)

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased two tires from Discount in March 2018. I returned in Dec. 2018 to replace an additional tire. They were supposed to rotate tires at that time for warranty purposes but did not document the rotation. They are using that to claim my tire warranty invalid. With less than 2 yrs on my tires they are recommending 3 of my 4 tires to be replaced. I spent $750 on my three tires even getting the extended coverage. I will not be returning to them for service any longer. I always feel like they are taking advantage of my situation. Last time I went I waited 2.5 hours (45 min. past closing) for them to check my flat tire and ultimately put my spare tire on. So very disappointed in this company who in the past has been a leader in customer service. If you do decide to use discount tire please know the tire and cost you're willing to pay before entering because they have turned this business into a scam.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I brought in a 1980 Corvette for new wheels and tires. It was like watching the Three Stooges walking around and bumping into each other. No one knew how to balance or mount the wheels. It took them almost 3 hours to finish. Go anywhere but Discount Tire. Just a bunch nitwits that don't have a clue what they are doing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Sent my brother and sister in law to Discount Tire in Lebanon store tn009 for a plug. Was shocked when they call me to say they are making them buy a whole new tire when all it needed was a plug patch whatever. Call the manager or salesman. Bruce gives me the runaround about safety and all this stuff that's wrong. I've been in and around tires and the business a while so I'm not buying it. They took advantage of my family members by preying on ignorance instead of just doing a plug. Even told me the tire was able to be plugged. But safety was the issue. Had I known about this prior would have gladly taken care of them before sending them to this store. Will not be back. If you know what you are getting into by all means give it a try but if you're a trusting person not very knowledgeable on the subject of tires, do not go. They will take you for a ride.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Recently (2 weeks ago) had my tires balanced and rotated free on lifetime tire service contract. No indications of tire condition noted. Fast forward 2 weeks one tire gets a nail, so my wife brings it to Long Beach store and is told she needs ALL NEW TIRES. They wouldnt repair the damaged tire, because it is an "Audi Quattro and all tire diameter must match". So they took over an hour to install the spare, which was like new and a much greater diameter than the one that was repairable. I had to pay another tire company to repair the tire and put on the car. Thanks Discount Tire, not for me any more.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought online a set of 4 Yokohamas (with warranty). They were promised to be ready in two days, and offered me to schedule the appointment for its installation. I went to the store as scheduled and after 15 mins looking for the tires they let me know they were not there, and that they were supposed to arrive later during the day via FEDEX. They asked me to come back next day. I told them I was going to be there at 8:30am next day. They said, "We will have them ready by the time you arrive."

I went next day, at 8:30am, another agent helped me and apologized for the inconvenience I had the day before and asked me to wait while they proceed with their job. After 10 mins he came back to tell me the tires have not arrived yet, and that they will arrive by noon, apologized again and told me the coworker who told me to come was not in today....very upsetting and disappointing. Definitely they do not care about their customers, and chew more than they can eat.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Discount Tire stores have sold me nothing but defective products and refuse to take them back for refund. On several occasions, employees have verbally abused me or attempted to assault me. Anyone in their right mind should never do business with Discount Tire. Big O Tires sells their franchises to former Discount Tire managers with poor management skills learned by managing bad Discount Tire stores, and sell worse products than Discount Tires.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Wow! Great customer service - met me at the door. 30 minutes later back on the road for less than 20 dollars. They work very quickly and are super polite. Will buy my next set of tires here for sure????

Original review: July 10, 2019

I purchased tires online a week in advance and even called the store to verify 30 minutes before I arrived. When I did arrive they informed me they only had 3 of my tires and that they could install them and I could come back another day for the other. Now if I would have come in before pre purchasing these tires they would have told me that they cannot only install three tires in an attempt to sell me 4 for safety reasons. Though my safety is not a concern when they make the mistake. They had no resolution and just left me hanging. Thank you Discount Tire for wasting 2 hours of my time, I guess only your time is important. Long term tire buyer that will never be back.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a problem with my wife's car. I stopped at the store in Countryside and Nick was great. He exceeded my highest expectations and got me in and out in about 30 minutes. This store has always been given exceptional customer service and I can't believe how well they have treated me in all my interactions with them. They are the best and I can't recommend them highly enough. All around great experiences.

Original review: July 9, 2019

One of the worst stores ever. No customer care. Zero customer care. Especially store number 86 Sugar Land Texas. NO more business will ever do with them. Will go to Costco tires. Wasting my time. To be there.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I had my tires rotated, and shortly after I started hearing knocking sounds and vibrations near the front left wheel. The sounds and vibrations got progressively worse, so I decided to take it to my mechanic. On the way to the mechanic, the front left wheel came off my vehicle while I was doing 55MPH on a highway. The wheel crossed 4 lanes of traffic to the other side of the highway. I filed a claim with Discount Tire and Michael **, a Senior Claims Specialist, denied the claim. They didn't even offer to pay my deductible when I later filed a damage claim with my own insurance. In addition to the $5000+ in damages, the body shop found that the lug holes were no longer round, but oval due to the abnormal wear created by the loose lug nuts, and the wheel itself had to be replaced because it was no longer round. I am fortunate nobody was hurt by the rogue wheel. The last person to touch that wheel was the Discount Tire rep who rotated them.

Original review: July 8, 2019

A little over a year ago I purchased 4 new tires that Discount Tire rep recommended to me. Now, I’m having to replace all of them. The rep told me they know these tires do not last even half of the mileage warranty. Why on earth did they sell them to me then? I have been a loyal Discount Tire customer but not anymore. I no longer recommend them at all.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have been a Discount Tire customer in Colo & AZ. Bought 4 new Bridgestone RFT Tires from DT ($955) even though the tires on the car were brand new, just not RF Tires though. They were installed on June 8th at 430 PM. Checked the air pressure since they usually never inflate any of my tires to the proper amount. Again, DT inflated all 4 of my tires to 35 lbs, the sticker on the inside door jam states 30 lbs. As I was deflating the tires to the correct amount, I noticed my right front rim was chewed up pretty bad. I called the DT store & was told to come back & let the manager look at the rim. Drove the 50 mi RT & the manager accused me of running into curbs. I have only had the car for 1 week & I don't hit curbs. I started a claim w/ DT & sent the adjuster pics of the rim.

After 11 days & me having to call the adjuster I got an email telling me they won't pay to repair the rim because they say I hit curbs. If you hit curbs, the rash in on the outside of the rim on the face & not on the inside of the rim. So they are willing to lose a 15 yr customer over a $125 rim repair that they caused. DT used to look over your rims before working on your car w/ you. They would make note of prior damage & discuss it w/ you. This is the 1st time DT has never looked at the rims w/ me. I usually watch them like a hawk when they installed new tires on my Corvette. They never scratched my Corvette rims, even when installing new RF Tires ($2,000) which are very difficult to put on. I assumed incorrectly that they would be careful. I will never buy or use DT again.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Called them on June 24 way before closing to get FOUR TIRES for my car. Was told let's wait and see if on tire truck on Tuesday the 25th call after twelve. Well I called and same person answered. He said, "No but I can order them and you get by Friday." I told him, "What do you have?" He quotes one set for twenty more a tire. Then says, "No wait we have some more that would be better. Eight hundred for four but you get one fifty in rebate." No that is not what was originally discussed. I told him, "Give me corporate number." He put me on hold. I held too long and finally hung up. I called corporate, let them know and now I have to get another venue so they lost a customer. They have bad review and I as a consumer will pass along my experience to everyone guaranteed.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Took the van here to have two tires replaced. Had 3 kids with me and only 2 or 3 customers ahead of me. We ended up waiting about 2 hours to get out. They fiddle too much with the mechanics. All they should do is mount and remove tires and that's it. They ended up messing with something they shouldn't have touched and screwed up a TPMS sensor. I know now they did it on purpose but I'll get to that. 10 miles away my TPMS light came on. I called and told them about it but I was driving 1,500 miles away. A man apologized in a fake tone. Two weeks later I am here making them fix it under warranty because it was fine before I came. I called the regional office in Schertz, Tx first to ensure I wouldn't be made to wait again.

So sitting in the office waiting for the fix, I am right next to the register and I overhear 3 CUSTOMERS come in talking to a salesman about the EXACT SAME TPMS problem I had. Except they are passive about it, and the salesman are telling them that the sensor battery needs replacing for $20, or the sensor needs to be replaced. They are saying the life of the tire pressure sensor is 7 years and it is normal that they stop working after a tire gets changed. I cannot believe the audacity of these people- to take advantage of passive customers right next to me.

Who they are taking care of for free because I was firm and I called Regional to complain. This is not a normal occurrence. This is a scam. They are running to squeeze more money out of their customers. If you ask me they're already charging too much service fee for each tire. They charge $20 labor fee for each tire they move. Somebody needs to call the Better Business Bureau on these people but I don't have time.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When competition lacked professionalism and empathy. Discount Tires filled the void left by competition immediately. Timely service, professionalism is a key deciding factor for me when choosing service providers. Discount was able to deliver and more.

Discount Tire Company Information