Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I used to be Discount Tire customer for long time. In 2015 my daughter ordered a rim for her car and paid in full, meanwhile we sold the car and never collect the Rim. Time passes by and need tires were for another vehicle. I went to the same store we ordered the rim but they couldn't give me the credit for what we paid for the rim. I stop dealing with Discount tire. Few years back I wrote to customer service regarding what happened long time back, Surprisingly Regional Manager TOOK TIME to called me, first apologized then gave me a credit more than what we paid for the RIM.

Last week I wanted a some tires and did search online. DT was not the lowest, but the online chat Rep: Ms. ** was great to find the tires I wanted and discounted to match the competition and to make me feel important. Store guy was great to inform me lots I never knew regard to tires, then gave me the Rebate coupon too. Finally rebate offer number did not work, again chat online they even filled my rebate coupon and gave the confirmation number. Things have changed a lot. If one employee is great then it's That person but when it's happening thru out many steps it's coming down from top. It was a more than money's worth purchasing experience.. Thank you guys.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I had ordered a tire recommended by the computer site...it was out of stock or not the correct tire as it happens. The people at Discount Tire and Jeff gave me an upgrade to the tire I had ordered. I have bought from Discount Tire for years (maybe at different locations) & I have never encounter a problem they could not address. Thank you Discount Tire team... Treasa

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

So, it was a very difficult day w/my tire damaged, a donut on my wheel... driving in Vegas and out of all the locations I chose to make an appointment at, it was the most amazing experience I could ever ask for as a customer. Now I've had a real good experience at Discount Tire in Bullhead City Arizona... Never ever expected the service to get even more excellent but it did and out of all places in Vegas. My salesperson "Randell P." Was so good to me it was like he came from my perspective of what it would be like for him if it was his car and his flat tire! He just got me w/out me telling him anything. He gave me a good deal, they were fast...

I walked over to a store for lunch, brought it back and by the time I unwrapped the salad, put my eggs and dressing in - they were done! Absolutely mindblowing! It does help if you arrive at least 20 minutes to take care of any unexpected issues and that was what I did. They are way busy and still found a way to serve me w/out waiting for a long time. I came out a complete winner, so happy, and they saved me a lot of money considering people are suffering financially b/c of Covid-19. Thank you so much - I will always remember this insane service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I search for a couple of days online and via phone looking for a set of decent all season tires which handle well in snow. Also looked at a tire which offered a long tread warranty and found it in a General tire. We had first went with a local big box store who has a tire service center but due to being told wrong info about how well the tire we were sold would handle in snow, wet conditions and we later found out on consumer reports and customers' reviews that this tire was not very good in snow we canceled the order and found a much better set with Discount tire.

We did buy Certificates which will be honored after 3 years per the manager and tire geeks in garage and I also contacted the corporate office to run the extension on the years past them and to keep their customers happy I was told per Cooper and Jerrad at the store they will work with customers up to 6 years to replace worn out tires in order to keep their customers happy and keep coming back, now that is a good company but time will tell if they are being honest about the extension on warranty or not, I had them write the extension and sign their name on my receipts. Clean showroom, waiting area, no coffee or water due to Covid I guess. Staff was very helpful, knowledgeable. Very busy place.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I discovered Discount Tires 4 years ago after a very bad service experience at Costco tire shops. I have found their pricing in subsequent tire set replacement to be overall less expensive, many times by hundreds of dollars, than any other major retailer/wholesale club. No attempt to up-sale but rather informed recommendations based on your car and driving needs.

The dedication to onsite service excellence, follow up reminders for rotations, seasonal suggestions, free anytime pressure checking to be far and away better than anything I have experienced in the past (owning cars for 60 plus years that a lot of experience). Most impressive is the staff from the front counter to the technicians. The locations are clean, bright and consumer friendly. Last week was the 4th set of tires, multiple cars and grandchildren gifts, I will recommend without hesitation this company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I had a blowout and needed to replace the two front tires. The rear tires had plenty of tread. Discount tire needed to order the exact tires to match the rear tires. I left the car in the care of Discount Tire. When I picked up my car, there was a giant scratch on the front bumper. I can’t say what happened. Nonetheless, I wish I never went to Discount Tire.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I purchased a set tires for my son's pickup from "Discount" (laugh) Tire. The tires are $126 each, so 4 of them should be $504. By the time "Discount" Tire added all of their BS fees the total came to over $720+ for a set of Chinese tires. You can decide for yourself if this is fraud or just pure con-artist practices. But I can tell you that I will NEVER spend another dime at "Discount" (laugh) Tire. And I am going to dedicate much time to tell every person on planet Earth to stay away from "Discount" (laugh) Tire. All of my tire business will go back to mom and pop tire shops.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Well, the name says "Discount". Don't believe it. I contacted 2 shops before this one and the prices are quite similar. Due to Covid restrictions, some methods had to be changed. I arrived, got seen after 15 min. Then the quote. Again, I wasn't surprised, but felt that they should have been 10-15% below quotes I had gotten. So, they got to me after 90 min. Changed two tires (sidewall damaged one and the spare was 10+ years old. Not safe!). But what my biggest disappointment was, was they didn't have a clue about replacing the spare tire. They didn't come to me and ask, they simply started trying to figure out the way to do it.

I had researched and had instructions before even starting the process. The kids didn't have a clue. I showed one where the drop shaft was, he couldn't see it. Knowing that I'd have to spend another hour there teaching, I passed, had them toss the tire in and left. I'll go deal with another company that doesn't have a fake name to lure people in, and workers who want to learn to better themselves and show company pride.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I’ve Been shopping at Discount Tires almost exclusively for 30 years. In the spring I bought 2 tires there. I got the “certificates for repair, refund, or exchange” with them. Well, the tires turned out to be garbage. They both had lumps in the sidewalk from day one. I had to drive across the country which is why I replaced the 2 tires. I had only had one bad tire but I wanted a matched set. Anyway, the lumps got worse and I only made it most of the way before one blew up. Before that they had been shaking like crazy making it hard to drive. I put 2 new tires on so I again had a matched set. I brought the tire I still had back to discount after my trip. There were no discount tires on the east coast.

Long story short, they wouldn’t let me return that tire even though I had the certificate. The manager even told me that to tell the truth, those certificates don’t do anything for you. He doesn’t know why people buy them but most customers do. I know why, because they here sell them with the tires. I’m sure no one ever said, "Please charge an extra $150 on my order" for nothing. He said all tires at discount come with a warranty that’s the same whether you buy certificates or not. I’ve bought probably 100 of those by now. I feel so dumb. He said no matter the name, they don’t let you return tires unless you buy new tires at the same time. I don’t need new tires.

I asked about the ad they show for at least 30 years with the old lady throwing a tire through the window. It says if you’re ever unsatisfied with a tire bring it back. He said he has never understood that ad either because that’s not their policy. I don’t like being lied to, especially if it’s systemic, planned, and repetitive. Discount Tire’s business plan is to lie and cheat customers whenever possible. I will never return there. I will stop recommending them like I’ve done for decades. I will warn whoever I can to never go there. It’s time to cancel Discount Tires. Goodbye.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

For the 2nd or 3rd time I went to Discount Tire in Baytown. At this time I was deceived by a seller. I ask 4 Yokohama tires and he convinced me about the Continental tires... Until there all good. I agreed and at the end later I found he sold me service that I don't ask for. A charge that was supposed to be 480 dollars went to 616 dollars. If your relatives are older like me don't let them go by themselves in this shop in Baytown. Can be this guy will attend them and they will finish with a big bill like me. He show me something and start to speak faster and a kind louder. Is a strategy used with older people or don't have plenty knowledge of the language. Well was paid, he won. But my family and me will not go there anymore. My church most of us are older than 70... I warning them also. Don't allow someone in your family older go by herself. Is sad the quality this business is coming down. Always have that person to tell you to look your receipt...

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I had to buy new wheels because my old ones were chewing up my tires. I went to Discount Tire as I had bought my tires there. They replaced my wheels but took my hubcaps, said they "lost" them when I went to get my vehicle, then said they would provide replacement hubcaps but when I went there a 2nd time, they told me to go to Auto Zone or Walmart to buy hubcaps. I told them that I did not intend to "gift" my old hubcaps to them. It is clear that they kept my hubcaps and probably sold them on the internet. And my wheels are still losing air every day, so it was a waste of money. Will not return to this store ever again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Website purchase stated interaction with staff would be contactless. Upon arrival found not to be truthful. North Spokane, WA branch ignoring social distancing while interacting with clients. One employee busy interacting with clients without wearing a State required face mask. In my opinion; disgusting, illegal and dangerous behavior!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Checked in at 8:43am to buy 4 new tires. I was told there were 2 people in front of me and I should be done by about 9:20am. After waiting in the parking lot and seeing other cars arrive after me & go in ahead of me, at 9:45 I went inside and asked how much longer it was going to be. I was the told there were now 3 people in front of me & I would just have to wait. At that point I told them that I wanted my money back & that I would go purchase tires somewhere else. As soon as I said that I was magically put next in line. I have been buying my tires at Discount Tire for many years and never had a problem like this. Their customer service has gone from excellent to terrible. I will be buying my tires somewhere else from now on.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We had a problem in the beginning with our tire purchase, But the manager Brad ** made it right. In the end we left the Tomball store location with satisfaction. Thank you to the manager that took responsibility to make our visit right.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I asked what it would cost to fix a leaky tire. They said it is FREE. I made an appointment and was there the next day. They pulled the tire and told me the tire was not repairable.. I told them to put the tire back and I will leave. They said NO. They said they could not let me leave with that tire. I asked for the corporate number and told them about my lawyer.. The manager said he would put on a loaner or something. I finally got my car back and I took my old tire also! There was a lot of small black pieces in the old tire and I was told later that the pieces were not from my tire.. The free tire repair is just another scam to MAKE you buy tires..

Discount Tire Company Information