Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.49/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

413 Discount Tire Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, I took my Toyota 4Runner to the Mansfield Discount Tire to repair one tire that had a screw in it. I had just taken the car to the dealer for service one week prior to rotate the tires. Nothing was mentioned about needing new tires. Discount Tire said I needed ALL tires replaced. I asked to have the tire with the screw repaired and after 2 hours was told I needed a new tire. They then proceeded to tell me that replacing one would cause performance issues and be dangerous. I was subjected to a long sales pitch for replacing all of my tires. I had them put the spare on, full size, paid, and left. The service was horrible. I was stunned by how much they have changed in the last few years with the dishonest upselling. I will not go back.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My experience was with the Manager (**) at Discount Tire, located at 4538 Washington Rd., Augusta, Ga. Very pleasant individual, when asked to have my tires rotated, he had a mechanic jump right on it and they were completed within 30 minutes, at no charge. Stated, Just remember them, when I need tires, which I will for sure. Super service!

Original review: May 22, 2019

After getting a price quote of $419 and being assured that I wouldn't need an appointment over the phone (they stated they would get me in and out in an hour since I had a later engagement), I headed to the store the next day, everything went downhill from there. 1) I could see a few disgruntled customers waiting, but I met with an associate who also stated we'll have you out in "about" an hour. (I'll finish this disappointment later.) 2) After we looked at my tires the salesman tried numerous times to sell me an additional tire to the point of my exhaustion.

3) We headed back in and another associate assisted me for pricing. I was NOW quoted $498. We went around for a bit and he finally stated, "Ohhhh the previous quote was probably given without the additional warranties. Lol." 4) I traveled 30 minutes to get there so I continued the process and paid for the tires and service. Once he collected my money, he stated, "Ok ma'am we'll have you done in about 2 1/2 hours." Of course I asked for a refund because I specifically stated I had a following engagement. Here's the catcher... While refunding my money he says, "Could you come back after your other appointment". I laughed out the door! UNBELIEVABLE.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I own a 2018 F-150 with 20,000 miles on the odometer. One day ago, the tire pressure monitor displayed that the right rear tire had dropped 10 psi. I checked the tire, and saw a small nail embedded in the tread. I aired the tire up, and took the vehicle to Discount Tire in Portland, TX. for repair. After the salesperson, and I went out to access the damage to the tire, we could clearly see the nail in the tread, and the salesperson stated "It should be a simple repair, unless we find something else wrong", which raised a "red flag" in my thinking. He then checked the condition and tread depth of all the tires and wheels, which were all good. He told me there were 10 vehicles ahead of me, and the told me that the wait would be about 90 minutes.

After signing authorization for the repair, and reading for a while, a technician came to me and told me that the tire needed to be replaced, and showed me a vertical gash near completely through the outside sidewall of the tire that the counter person, and I looked at when all of the tires were inspected. The counter person agreed that there was no sidewall damage, and the store manager stated "We'll return the tire to the manufacturer, and replace it under warranty". They didn't carry the brand of tire, and told me that they would order one. I'm now riding on my spare without a back-up, until the tire ships into the store, if the tire ever comes in. TKP, Portland, Texas

Original review: May 16, 2019

Dan went above and beyond to ensure he gives exceptional service to his customers. He is very approachable, pleasant, polite and friendly. He pays attention to detail and knows his job really well! If you have a question he usually knows the answer or will find out the answer for you. Jason the Manager is Awesome as well and works hands on within the service department to ensure no mistakes are made. I think they are a good team! Hats off to them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had a Discount tire that blew out, and the people I asked to look at it, including a mechanic, said the tire was defective. There was a crack on the interior wall of the tire that had split open so I returned it to Discount Tire with the original receipt and warranty, and they refused to honor the warranty, saying the warranty didn't cover road hazards. It was clearly a defective tire, and I was a little stunned to learn that Discount Tires "warranties" don't actually cover anything at all. I guess that's why they're not BBB accredited. I won't do business with them again.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Let me start with saying I think when I went in and bought tires 3 years ago, I explained I wanted to keep the new tires for the duration of my ownership of the car. I explain that would be 4 more years. So what happens is when you go and get your tires rotated they tell you how much the thread is left in the car, and guess what? It is time to buy new tires. You know what, since they sold me these tires and they did not even make the 60,000 warranty, they should be replacing all of my tires! The estimate was $292.00 to purchase new tires. This is what sent me over the edge, they wouldn't even rotate my tires because I refused to purchase new ones. They just checked the pressure and sent me on my merry way! Just be prepared. They will always upsell you even when you go in for a routine rotation which is free for the ownership of the tires.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I was a customer for a long time until you read all of your receipts. A $78 tire cost $45 more after all their installation fees, taxes, certificates and so on. They will do everything to get you to buy tires and their warranty certificate but what people don't know is the factory has its warranty but also when you have a problem with a tire and you bought The warranty the same excuse they use to sell you one they tell you the opposite to not replace the tire. I had 4 large cuts in the side walls from defective rubber and he tried to say they were cut. Um the tire was cut around in a circle around the side walls. You're better off just buying tires from anywhere because in the end the prices are exactly the same. Sad that I fell for this so many years. Read your receipts and know what you're buying in advance. They're liars and as bad as a car dealership!!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I checked online prior to going into store to make sure tires I wanted were available, luckily they had 6 available and I headed to the store. I get there. I ran into an incoherent young man that badly could speak. I got grunts and childish enunciation. He tells me they don’t have the tire I just saw online and I had to get more expensive ones. Bait and switch! Then he wants to replace more than I asked for. I had all my other tire replaced in December, today is the semiconductor to last day in April. This whole visit was a scam. I’m stuck trying to replace a bad tire and all I’ve gotten is a visit that’s more expensive than it should be and someone trying to sell me something I don’t need. Way to go Discount Tire. You losers. I won’t be back!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a 3:30 appointment a disregarded it. Didn't start work on my car till 4:20. Hurry. Rushed me out the door. Left foamy soap on my wheels. I paid over $1,000 for two tires to be put on my Corvette and that's how they treated me. Very unprofessional. I was the last person to leave and I have the pictures that show their stuff on my wheels. I'll never go back there. Ripoff!!!!

Discount Tire Company Information