Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.53/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

A little over a year ago I purchased 4 new tires that Discount Tire rep recommended to me. Now, I’m having to replace all of them. The rep told me they know these tires do not last even half of the mileage warranty. Why on earth did they sell them to me then? I have been a loyal Discount Tire customer but not anymore. I no longer recommend them at all.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have been a Discount Tire customer in Colo & AZ. Bought 4 new Bridgestone RFT Tires from DT ($955) even though the tires on the car were brand new, just not RF Tires though. They were installed on June 8th at 430 PM. Checked the air pressure since they usually never inflate any of my tires to the proper amount. Again, DT inflated all 4 of my tires to 35 lbs, the sticker on the inside door jam states 30 lbs. As I was deflating the tires to the correct amount, I noticed my right front rim was chewed up pretty bad. I called the DT store & was told to come back & let the manager look at the rim. Drove the 50 mi RT & the manager accused me of running into curbs. I have only had the car for 1 week & I don't hit curbs. I started a claim w/ DT & sent the adjuster pics of the rim.

After 11 days & me having to call the adjuster I got an email telling me they won't pay to repair the rim because they say I hit curbs. If you hit curbs, the rash in on the outside of the rim on the face & not on the inside of the rim. So they are willing to lose a 15 yr customer over a $125 rim repair that they caused. DT used to look over your rims before working on your car w/ you. They would make note of prior damage & discuss it w/ you. This is the 1st time DT has never looked at the rims w/ me. I usually watch them like a hawk when they installed new tires on my Corvette. They never scratched my Corvette rims, even when installing new RF Tires ($2,000) which are very difficult to put on. I assumed incorrectly that they would be careful. I will never buy or use DT again.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Called them on June 24 way before closing to get FOUR TIRES for my car. Was told let's wait and see if on tire truck on Tuesday the 25th call after twelve. Well I called and same person answered. He said, "No but I can order them and you get by Friday." I told him, "What do you have?" He quotes one set for twenty more a tire. Then says, "No wait we have some more that would be better. Eight hundred for four but you get one fifty in rebate." No that is not what was originally discussed. I told him, "Give me corporate number." He put me on hold. I held too long and finally hung up. I called corporate, let them know and now I have to get another venue so they lost a customer. They have bad review and I as a consumer will pass along my experience to everyone guaranteed.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Took the van here to have two tires replaced. Had 3 kids with me and only 2 or 3 customers ahead of me. We ended up waiting about 2 hours to get out. They fiddle too much with the mechanics. All they should do is mount and remove tires and that's it. They ended up messing with something they shouldn't have touched and screwed up a TPMS sensor. I know now they did it on purpose but I'll get to that. 10 miles away my TPMS light came on. I called and told them about it but I was driving 1,500 miles away. A man apologized in a fake tone. Two weeks later I am here making them fix it under warranty because it was fine before I came. I called the regional office in Schertz, Tx first to ensure I wouldn't be made to wait again.

So sitting in the office waiting for the fix, I am right next to the register and I overhear 3 CUSTOMERS come in talking to a salesman about the EXACT SAME TPMS problem I had. Except they are passive about it, and the salesman are telling them that the sensor battery needs replacing for $20, or the sensor needs to be replaced. They are saying the life of the tire pressure sensor is 7 years and it is normal that they stop working after a tire gets changed. I cannot believe the audacity of these people- to take advantage of passive customers right next to me.

Who they are taking care of for free because I was firm and I called Regional to complain. This is not a normal occurrence. This is a scam. They are running to squeeze more money out of their customers. If you ask me they're already charging too much service fee for each tire. They charge $20 labor fee for each tire they move. Somebody needs to call the Better Business Bureau on these people but I don't have time.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When competition lacked professionalism and empathy. Discount Tires filled the void left by competition immediately. Timely service, professionalism is a key deciding factor for me when choosing service providers. Discount was able to deliver and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: May 31, 2019

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, I took my Toyota 4Runner to the Mansfield Discount Tire to repair one tire that had a screw in it. I had just taken the car to the dealer for service one week prior to rotate the tires. Nothing was mentioned about needing new tires. Discount Tire said I needed ALL tires replaced. I asked to have the tire with the screw repaired and after 2 hours was told I needed a new tire. They then proceeded to tell me that replacing one would cause performance issues and be dangerous. I was subjected to a long sales pitch for replacing all of my tires. I had them put the spare on, full size, paid, and left. The service was horrible. I was stunned by how much they have changed in the last few years with the dishonest upselling. I will not go back.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My experience was with the Manager (**) at Discount Tire, located at 4538 Washington Rd., Augusta, Ga. Very pleasant individual, when asked to have my tires rotated, he had a mechanic jump right on it and they were completed within 30 minutes, at no charge. Stated, Just remember them, when I need tires, which I will for sure. Super service!

Original review: May 22, 2019

After getting a price quote of $419 and being assured that I wouldn't need an appointment over the phone (they stated they would get me in and out in an hour since I had a later engagement), I headed to the store the next day, everything went downhill from there. 1) I could see a few disgruntled customers waiting, but I met with an associate who also stated we'll have you out in "about" an hour. (I'll finish this disappointment later.) 2) After we looked at my tires the salesman tried numerous times to sell me an additional tire to the point of my exhaustion.

3) We headed back in and another associate assisted me for pricing. I was NOW quoted $498. We went around for a bit and he finally stated, "Ohhhh the previous quote was probably given without the additional warranties. Lol." 4) I traveled 30 minutes to get there so I continued the process and paid for the tires and service. Once he collected my money, he stated, "Ok ma'am we'll have you done in about 2 1/2 hours." Of course I asked for a refund because I specifically stated I had a following engagement. Here's the catcher... While refunding my money he says, "Could you come back after your other appointment". I laughed out the door! UNBELIEVABLE.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I own a 2018 F-150 with 20,000 miles on the odometer. One day ago, the tire pressure monitor displayed that the right rear tire had dropped 10 psi. I checked the tire, and saw a small nail embedded in the tread. I aired the tire up, and took the vehicle to Discount Tire in Portland, TX. for repair. After the salesperson, and I went out to access the damage to the tire, we could clearly see the nail in the tread, and the salesperson stated "It should be a simple repair, unless we find something else wrong", which raised a "red flag" in my thinking. He then checked the condition and tread depth of all the tires and wheels, which were all good. He told me there were 10 vehicles ahead of me, and the told me that the wait would be about 90 minutes.

After signing authorization for the repair, and reading for a while, a technician came to me and told me that the tire needed to be replaced, and showed me a vertical gash near completely through the outside sidewall of the tire that the counter person, and I looked at when all of the tires were inspected. The counter person agreed that there was no sidewall damage, and the store manager stated "We'll return the tire to the manufacturer, and replace it under warranty". They didn't carry the brand of tire, and told me that they would order one. I'm now riding on my spare without a back-up, until the tire ships into the store, if the tire ever comes in. TKP, Portland, Texas

Original review: May 16, 2019

Dan went above and beyond to ensure he gives exceptional service to his customers. He is very approachable, pleasant, polite and friendly. He pays attention to detail and knows his job really well! If you have a question he usually knows the answer or will find out the answer for you. Jason the Manager is Awesome as well and works hands on within the service department to ensure no mistakes are made. I think they are a good team! Hats off to them!

Discount Tire Company Information