2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Discount Tire Learn More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

On 12/18/2019, I visited Discount Tire #1757 in Little Elm, TX to have a new tire installed on the rear of my C7 Corvette Z06 Z07. In the process of attempting to mount the tire, the employees at this establishment damaged a 20"x12" rim on the rear driver's side of my vehicle. On the morning of 12/19/2019, I spoke with the store manager, Tad. Tad stated, "Well, I was here yesterday, and we took pictures of the damage on your wheel before we began work on your car. We were going to tell you that your wheel was damaged, but you were on the phone, so we couldn't tell you." The store manager also attempted to insinuate that my wheel was damaged due to "curb rash" that I must have incurred on my own.

This is a blatant lie. This car retailed for just shy of $100k - needless to say, I am extremely careful and meticulous about this vehicle in every way. Automobiles are not only a passion of mine, they are a form of self-expression for me. All things considered, I know about each and every inch of my Corvette. Rarely do I drive this car due to my work extraordinary schedule. Furthermore, it is only highway-driven and garage-stored.

As for the store manager's accusation that I must have hit a curb sustaining "curb rash" prior to visiting Discount Tire, I will say this: the wheel that was damaged is on the driver side rear solely. Apparently, the store manager did not think about the fact that we drive on the right side of the roadway in this country and also tend to sit and exit our vehicles on the left side before he made the allegation that the damaged wheel was due to "curb rash". If that was the case, the damage would likely be on the passenger side of the car and likely affect the front or both the front and rear wheels on the passenger side. Again, the damage was sustained on the driver side rear wheel only.

There was absolutely no damage on this car until it was grossly mishandled by Tad and his subordinates at Discount Tire in Little Elm. Specifically, the high-gloss paint was scratched off the aluminum wheel. Not only was the perimeter of the wheel scratched, but also the inner radius of the wheel was scratched as well. Additionally, in some areas the damage exceeded the high-gloss finish of the wheel, therefore, the aluminum incurred corrosion.

The store manager, Tad, refused to take accountability for the actions of him and his subordinates, so I have had no choice, but to pay to replace the wheel that Discount Tire has ruined. I have contacted Discount Tire Regional Offices and a claim has been filed, however, I have yet to receive any substantial result or follow-up to the claim that was filed. Simply put, do not take any vehicle that you care about to Discount Tire unless you are okay with your vehicle potentially being damaged. They completely lack respect, honesty, class, accountability, and professionalism - they do not deserve the patronage.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Yes I went to the Discount Tire on Rt16 in Saint Augustine FL. The special was a lousy $10 off 4 tires, HA.. I ordered online I don't live that close. I get there the 2 tires I ordered were NOT THERE & WAS TOLD THE SUBSTITUTES WAS ALL THEY HAD?? I told them I ordered online & was told to come in. Problem #2 I was mad & was going to walk out but was told that these other be tires were Better? Well the guy comes out & does (3) measurements on each tire & was told I could get my 2 tires (I was trying them out after the switch).

Well anyway after being assured by Guy#1 I could get 2 tires with no problem!! Well the mechanic comes to me & says I have to get 4 tires? After me telling him the guy did 3 measurements on each tire & assured me I didn't have any problem. After almost walking me out the mechanic find the job (WOW WHAT A BAIT & SWITCH I EVER ENDURED).

The owner did call me and offer my other 2 tires for free. I told him I went to Walmart & got better price & no lies given to me. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS DISCOUNT TIRE STORES EVER AGAIN!! If you read this store that plays Bait & Switch on a disabled veteran which I told every employee at that store was the reason be of getting 2 tires at a time is a Store veteran or not should have THAT HAPPEN TO THEM!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

First of all, I don’t have any problem with the Apple Valley Discount Tire location or the employees. I would like to say that the staff is great and I have been doing business with them for a long time. This is about the Corporate side Greed and the Rebate Promotions they fail to honor. I went into Apple Valley Discount Tire for tires (what else) and the earliest appointment they had was weeks out, the day after Black Friday, so I took it. This had the added bonus of being able to get the Black Friday Discount, or so I thought. Promotion Name: BLACK FRIDAY 10% Mail-In Rebate 11-28-2019 to 12-01-2019 – 87192.

I was in on the 30th, submitted the rebate on the 1st, and then on the 5th receive an email stating that I was denied because: “Your purchase was made outside of the promotional period.”. Well my receipt… you know, that piece of paper thing they give you after you pay… with the purchase information needed for the above rebate… says I was in on the 30th well within the promotional period… so WTF! The thing is, if you really want to rip me off for 10% of the bill or around $80 give or take, then keep it. I can go elsewhere in the future, and you can’t buy advertising like this… It has to be earned… All the single stars $80 bucks can buy.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Discount Tire has always been five stars with me, but this last experience was quite different. I went in to get a set of Michelin Tires. I called and ensured that the desired tires were in stock, and then scheduled for the next day. I arrived and they had no record of this. They then said the tires that I wanted were not available and "conned" me into a different tire as I needed the tires that day. Looking back, I wish I'd gone elsewhere. I'm frustrated that I was assured that the tires were in stock only to arrive and find that they weren't. Mr. ** noted this conversation never took place, though I recorded it.

I feel they took advantage of our situation and sold us low quality tires vs. the preferred Michelin that I went there to get. I won't go back to Discount Tire unless I have a lot of time to wait for my preferred tires and get it in writing that they'll be there when I arrive to get them put on. I also won't deal with Mr. ** again, but would choose another associate. Customer service here has slipped tremendously in the past few years.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I went in for a flat repair at 8 am and was told I would be out by 9:45. We sat there and watched everyone that came after us come and go..not everyone had an appointment. Ask for my keys and watched as he pulled from the very back of the pile all because I didn't purchase tires. Keep in mind the flat was purchased from them..get better service at Walmart..

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We bought a set of tires for a Subaru Outback from Discount Tire. They were selling Geostar tires that fit the car so we bought a set which I mounted and balanced (ASE Certified Mechanic trained in dynamic balancing). In less than 6 months two tires failed from tire separation and were removed before they blew out. The third tire had the entire sidewall blow out when my wife was driving along a rural highway. Luckily, she was able to control the car. I removed the fourth tire before we had it fail. I emailed Discount Tire and got a reply to "call Customer Service". My feeling is that I already made contact and explained the situation. I told Discount Tire that the Geostar tires were not just bad, but dangerous. I have bought many tires from Discount Tires Direct and from their retail stores. Poor tires and poor customer service mean that Discount Tire just lost a customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Smokey point Arlington discount will sell you new tires, but they are always booked out 2-3 weeks for free balancing and rotations. I have tried to get my tires rotated 3 times and all 3 times I've done it myself. And now after rotating the tires this last time one of the front tires are out of balance, and I had to go to Les Schwab for a timely fix.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

My family had always purchased tires from the Discount tires. My brother took his car to the discount tires for balance and rotation and was refused the service and sent away. He left the country to work overseas for several years, the car was garaged for storage. Just because the tires (which were purchased from the Discount Tires) were older than 6 years now, even they had only 15,000 miles on them, never exposed to extreme weather and temperature. They would not even rotate the tires.

I understand if a tire been in extreme heat and cold climate, which made the tire unsafe to work with but, these tires were taken care of with extreme low mileage. The rep started to want to sell me new set of tires, why? So we put more into the landfill? Then he said the best them can do is to check the tire pressure. The kid checking the tire pressure for me (can tough the compressor myself), wanted to put lower pressure than what's marked on the sticker on the door jam. He claimed if the stick reads 32 PSI then we should keep the tires at lower PSI when they are hot??? I questioned that wisdom, but he was very firm on what he was told to do. I asked him to put in 35 PSI at 3 PSI over the recommended pressure since the tires were warm after being driven.

I will not go back to that franchise in the future. I could understand the concerns for their workers but if they are scared to even rotate the tires (not asking them to dismount it), How the heck would a service station service all those cars and truck on the roadway with tires older than 6 years? The guy even walked me over to a floor sign and pointed out why they won't "touch" the tires because it's aged beyond 6 years.... My goodness, have to have these kids tell me what's right and wrong. If they won't even rotate the tires after the tires had the 6th birthday.... they can keep all the new ones because my family won't be going back there in the future.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Michelin set chocolate walls. 10/5/19 estimate appointment 45 minutes took 2.15 hours but it's ok. Been going there 21 years. But to tell me you don't clean your new tires before you send to road that is wrong. Manager said "Go to car wash. We only shine them. We don't clean them." Dah you already shine the brown wall came back. Long story short it has not been 30 days. Clean them well or replace them or bad reviews going to be all over the net and will try dispute.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Free Tire inspections, Best in Class Sales and Service. The entire team truly cares for each other and the customers and it shows. Always low prices and fresh coffee! I have used Discount Tire for the past 15 years.

Discount Tire Company Information