1.97/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Discount Tire

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

299 Discount Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Today was our first time going to Discount Tire, we have always used a local tire place and have continually been disappointed with the customer service. Discount Tire was recommended by a co-worker and we were NOT disappointed! They have excellent customer service! We got both all new wheels and tires and we were in and out in just over an hour. They have an excellent warranty on both the wheels and the tires along with free balancing and rotations for the life of the tires. I would highly recommend this location for the customer service alone!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

On 10/07/2017 I went to Discount Tires. I checked in at 8:27 am to get my tires rotated & rebalanced. They called my name at 9:55 am then they drove my vehicle to the back and 10 minutes later at 10:05 my vehicle was ready to go. I got in my car and checked my tire pressure gauge on the front drivers side showed 28 PSI. Just like it was before I got to discount tires. I drove 15 miles and it never changed. So I was there for 1hr and half for what a wasted morning. And then I called discount tires and told them what had happened. They told me to bring it back to them and I said I was there 1hr and half already and I said I don't think so. I have no respect for these bums they placed at this location. The people they had before was the best, very KNOWLEDGEABLE and PROFESSIONAL. They cared about their customers and they gave EXCELLENT customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been going to Discount Tire for more than 30 years and I have more than ten sets of tires no rims, and would never buy the rims they sell. They are just junk. I usually try to buy tires on sale and buy the best mileage I can get. I always pull the vehicle into the bay myself and I stay with the vehicle until they give it back to me. I have caught employees failing to balance, rebalance or even rotating tires.

I bought a set of tires in downtown Pasadena Texas and while they were mounting and balancing the tires I had to take a phone call. When I got off the phone they told me they were through and so I left and when I got home I happened to take a second look at the tires and noticed two wheels did not have weights, and I called the store and an employee told me that they were perfect and did not need weights. I said I have balanced a few tires in my life and never seen a tire that did not need weight, and I was bringing them back to get them balanced. Sure enough they both needed 3 or more ounces of weight. I wasted 2 or 3 hours of my time plus driving about 40 miles. I did not go back to that store again. I went to another Discount Tire on Shaver street in Pasadena Texas for a balance and rotation and after watching the guy a few minutes I noticed he was just rotating from the front to the back.

I confronted him about it and he said there was no need to rebalance at each rotation. I said I paid for having my tires balanced and whenever they were to be rotated I wanted them rebalanced. I threatened him with calling the regional manager and he finally agreed to balance them and then I noticed that he was not removing the old weights and just adding weights. I jumped him about this and he got a little ugly but he finally took off the old weights and put on new weights where they were needed (if you do not remove the old weights you cannot get a true balance and can make the balance worse). I have not been back to that store either.

I point these incidents out to show everyone that Discount Tire only wants to sell tires. It is your problem to get them to do their job, they hire inexperienced and people that do want to do their job and the consumer suffers. The managers rush for volume and they encourage shortcuts. Recently October 02, 2017 I went to have the tires I purchased in 2016 at this store balanced and rotated, (10727 N Freeway Houston Texas) I spoke to ** and he did the typical tire look and said the left front was wearing bad and needed replacing. I told him I was aware of wear but I had a issue with the suspension and just wanted it balanced. I wanted the right side rotated but not the left side but I wanted all of them balanced. He never said anything about not balancing all four tires, I also told him that the right two tires were losing and needed patching. (If you do not tell them, they will not check for this. Again this your problem. They do not care.)

I drove the vehicle in when they were ready for me and when they started removing the lug nuts I saw an employee using a 16-ounce ball peen hammer to drive on the impact socket on my lug nuts and I told him those were not metric size lug nuts. They are standard (SAE) and he kept slugging away with the hammer (He was not tapping. He was hitting really hitting hard). And then he would use the impact and remove the lug nut and then he would have to use a punch to remove the lug nut from the socket and he did on two wheels (10 lug nuts) and I got my lug wrench out of my truck and showed him that a 3/4 inch lug wrench or socket would fit not a metric 19 mm socket and the way you are doing is messing up my chrome covered sockets. Then he tried to tell that my lugs were no good. They had burrs on them and I said there's nothing wrong the lugs.

When you put an impact socket on them halfway on (you should push the socket all the way on) you cause those so-called burrs, I asked if he had any other sockets and he said this was all they had. (I have had this truck in 4 or 5 times at this store and never had this issue before.) I told the employee to use my lug wrench and went to complain to ** and he also said this was all they had. And I said, "I guess if they gave you a stick and a rock to remove the wheels that would be what you used". Then he said, "That was right. If that was what they gave us that would be what we would use".

I then found that the left front tire would not be rebalanced and that he thought it was too far worn and wanted me to buy another tire. I then told him that I only use Discount Tire because of the warranty not the service and if your warranty is worthless and the service bad why go to Discount Tire. Also they do

not check your air pressure unless you buttonhole. When I got home the two tires that were repaired had 35 pounds and the other 2 had 40 pounds. Again this is your problem. They do not care. They just sell tires not Service. If you bring your vehicle in you really need to stay and watch what they do and do not let them lie to you or intimidate. You have a right. Question what they do. It is your money, your car for slow leaks or punctures.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I am very upset with this store. My whole experience was awful. First they told me all wrong from the total to the parts. My time and energy spent and I am still waiting for the correct rims to arrive at their store and first told me a wrong total of course more they asked me to come in with car which is unsafe to drive. When I arrived they quoted they should have called me and to let me know parts were not there and I waited 1 and 1/2 hours again. Left one week later parts are in bill paid and of course the wrong product was delivered so another week goes by and still no rim again. Paid in full and the right passenger wheel is rubbing so bad I don't know what else to do. As I wait and do not feel safe in my car. Hopefully there is something you could do. This have put my life on hold and I am currently catching and paying someone to and from work.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Bought several sets of tires from Discount Tire, tried to get a balance and rotation, said the fronts were cupping, rears not bad, They did not want to rotate. Of course I didnt want to buy right then, hence the recommendation of no rotation. After finally convincing them to proceed with promised service, I'm convinced I was put on a back burner of all back burners, to get my tires rotated. How long you wait is directly proportional to how bad THEY, say you need tires, and you saying you'll wait.

I will avoid them in the future, wait time is punitive in nature as your tread life wears, They acknowledged the fronts were cupping, and the rears were better, So get the fronts on the rear right? No, the recommendation was to leave them in place till what? BLOWOUT? I was entitled to a balance and rotation every 10k miles, got hassled to refusal on my service request, Then my keys got put in the "problem" slot, cant prove it but know it happened. Hey, new jingle for Discount Tire, "whatever we're selling, you better be buying".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The service was great, however NOT RECOMMENDED TO A FRIEND UNLESS WARNED: To get that highly sought after service there are two barriers to overcome that I would warn people about before they arrive. This DISCOUNT TIRE Pueblo, Colorado location has no clear way to arrive to the point of service. It is uncertain if a customer parks the car in any one location. Second, when a customer walks into the lobby the customer must jockey for position to get the attention of a representative. Although we received rapid and thorough service there is no way to recognize the order in which people will be served. The staff did a fantastic job in recognizing who needed help and got them engaged fairly well, but I can see potential problems here and is the only reason I would not recommend Discount Tire to a friend or family member without warning them first.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

The people really nice here, but they always make me wait for my tire rotations for at least 1 1/2 hours minimum. They lost my hubcab, and eventually replaced it, only to find another one missing on my next tire rotation. Whether I make an appointment or not I am stuck here for over an hour. I have tried coming in on a weekday, early morning, before close and the results are all the same. Makes buying tires here not worth my time. It's not like I can walk home and come back. Get more help Discount Tire.

Resolution response: Aug. 6, 2017

Turned out that the company was not at fault and it was just me not realizing it was just standard curb rash -- they was really nice and understanding and even offered a discount on new rims.

Original review: July 31, 2017

They damaged my lug nuts and told me Ford Fusion lug nuts are junk and that they should be replaced at a cost of 45$. Worse, they damaged 3 of my car rims when replacing my tires. Now trying to get corporate make things right.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I went to the Cordova, TN location to get all four of my tires replaced and the service was friendly and the amount of time that it took to replace all the tires was reasonable. The only not reasonable part of the visit was afterwards when I went to work and about two hours later I come to my car to see that the tire in the back right was completely flat. I checked for punctures and I could not see any; the distance I drove was 15 miles on the interstate and I have done this plenty of times before with old tires and I have not had a problem. Unfortunately for me 7pm is after hours and so I cannot have it looked at till tomorrow. I hope something is done about this because if I had driven a longer distance the tire could have resulted in an accident.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had purchased for my 2017 Dodge 3500 wheels for $808.00 and tires for 1600.00 from Discount Tire with installation. In addition I paid tire insurance for refund or replacement. On March 3, 2017 they were installed. On Jun 4 2017 while driving on the freeway at 80 mi/hr front right wheel came off the car causing damages to the vehicle. I filed a claim with Discount Tire and they denied my claim. Based on investigations perform by Discount Tire investigator vehicle have more than 1000 ml and my husband was a former part time employee was accused by sabotaging and tampering with a vehicle. I filed complaint with BBB, they did not replied. Please direct me in a right direction to help me solve this problem.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Arrived 9:10 AM. Both front tires were leaking air. Salesman confirmed with air gauge. Said will be ready at 10:30. I asked at 11:25 because nobody has told me anything. They said it had been ready. Then I found out that only 1 Tire was fixed! A different salesman said I'd have to wait a lot longer to get the other one checked again. Went back to original guy who is pulling it back there to fix. Still waiting and it's been 3 1/2 hours. Customer service is not polite. They turn their backs to you so they don't have to help you. One lady asked if they were going to serve lunch here since they were taking so long. I will not come back to this Discount Tire location on Stella Link at West Loop South in Houston.

Original review: June 9, 2017

On July 2016 I Purchased 4 new tires (70,000 mile). In November I took it in to get tire rotation and wheel alignment at that time which they mentioned that the alignment was bad. Came January I took it in because I would notice the alignment to be off, so I took it to Discount Tire to get it checked out. At that time they mentioned the alignment to be off again so he asked me if I had bumped the curve or hit a pot hole so I told him no, so they did the alignment again and I left. So just as I was getting home I started to notice the alignment issue came back again. It's like they left a screw loose that the alignment is fine at that time but once I drove it around the alignment moved again.

So here I go again to the Discount Tire the next day and asked for the alignment again. They was surprised as so was I. But something has to be wrong. Now after this visit alignment seemed fine again. Now on February 24 I took it to the dealer for oil change which at the time they measured the tread and it says that the front tire tread is 5/32nds and the rear tire tread is 9/32nds... That almost half more of the tire worn out.

So in April I noticed a squeak noise coming from the front of my pick up so I thought it was something wrong with the suspension. So I took it in to the mechanics shop and they found a loose screw and they showed me. So I took pictures to show Discount Tire because this screw is used to align the front tires. So the guy at the shop tightened the screw and the squeak noise was gone. So I took my truck to Discount Tire again due to bad alignment again and told them about the front 2 tires being all worn down. Only the outside half of the tire because the inside half of the tires was still good.

I requested to get a replacement for the 2 tires that was all worn down due to bad workmanship and bad alignment and they said NO that is not possible and that I would have to wait till the tires was all worn down til it's 2/32nds and at that time I could take it in and have to still pay pro-rate for the miles used... Now.. why do I have to pay if its Discount Tire fault that they could not do the alignment correctly and left screw loose.

I spoke to headquarters District manager and he gave me the same story and said that the tires did not get worn out because due to bad alignment. He was trying to tell me that it was normal wear. WHAT! That was my reaction when he said that comment. Now I am car savvy person and I know for a fact that what he was telling me was all lies so they wouldn't exchange me the 2 worn out tires.

I am very dissatisfied and feel ripped off, I mean these tires are not even a year old and only 17,000 miles on them. Why would I have to pay for this if it's the fault of Discount Tire. It's not even the tire manufacturer fault and all they kept telling me was about the tire manufacturer warranty... But again it's not the tires. It's the Discount Tire that didn't perform their job right. Need to get legal help now because this is not right.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Discount Tire had young individuals working on tire rotations and I think they have to hurry instead of focusing on quality of work they need to complete. Need to be more attentive to how things need to be done because they cross threaded the lug nut on the stud and I could not loosen or tighten the lug nut and they sent me Meineke Auto to have the stud and lug nut replaced and all because of a simple tire rotation and best part is Meineke tech said this happens OFTEN because Discount Tire had a form called "Broken Stud Repair Referral Form" that just had to be filled out and take to Meineke Auto to have problem corrected.

This was on my daughter's car because she did not have time to have her tires on her car taken care of. I could not recommend Discount Tire of Columbia Heights Minnesota to anyone because of the young and inexperienced tire techs. One needs to start the lug nuts manually to make sure they will go on as designed before they USE their air wrench to tighten the lug nuts. Reading other reviews about Discount Tire are not real great either. Not sure how many "minutes " of training they receive but I know it is not enough to be quality minded. Store # MNM11.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I was out of town in Toledo, OH and there was a monsoon. I had a very low tire and pulled into the store on Monroe street to have it checked. Matthew ** and Josh ** let me in (after hours) and fixed my tire. I was able to make it back home without being stranded on the side of the road. Matt and Josh helped turn my horrible evening around and really came to my rescue in a tight spot.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I had a center cap of the wheel cover missing. Called them, they said to come in; I did. He was polite and came to the car and immediately said I needed new tires. He looked at the wheel cover and saw the center part missing and we went back in. He showed me the computer and said, "This model is only 92.00 and will fit." I said, "Why would I want to buy this one when the center cap isn't there so the nuts are still showing?" He replied, "All cars but the Mercedes have the center showing." I said, "My car is a Mercedes. It is foolish to pay you $92.00 to look like it still does." It didn't make sense. He also said the tires would be about $292, but didn't tell me the kind. I went to another store and got the help I needed; told my tires were still OK. Was it because I was a woman? Maybe 74 years old and driving a MZB?

Original review: April 27, 2017

I purchased a new set of tires for my Toyota Sequoia ($1200). They broke the front two Toyota caps to my rims and when I told them to fix them they said it was not their problem. I just spent $1200 in new tires and you fix what you broke! I will never use this company again!

Original review: April 21, 2017

The Senior Assistant Manager and guys at the Aldine Westfield store in Spring customer service is exceptional. My Mercedes had a nail in the tire and they repaired it and got me taken care of fast. It was almost 6:00 pm and I know that they are ready to go home at 6:00 pm, but they took the time and accepted customers until right at 6:00pm which is the time they close. Thank you Discount Tire.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My real name is Darren **. I'm writing this review to tell the public that the only way to get Discount Tire to honor a claim is to put them on blast everywhere, which I intend on doing. But I actually like the guys at this place. They get 5 stars for customer service. Joel is a great manager, but he can only do what he is allowed to do when it comes to claims. Just like a woman by the name of Sapphire in the Discount corporate claims department. Now, she has a job to investigate, just like Joel. But she seemed more like a bodyguard for Discount Tire. she admitted to no wrongdoing by Discount Tire.

So, here's my true complaint. I first bought tires and rims from Discount Tire for my 2014 Silverado, the rims were scratched, and I got a really good deal on them. But, about a month later, I'm going down the road, and my driver back tire is wobbling and ready to come off. I just happen to be close the Discount Tire place, so I tried to get there, but the wheel was getting worse by the second. I just happen to come up on Tire Discounters, their competitor literally right down the street. I ask them if they would help me. They put my truck up on a jack and tightened the lugs back down. Not only did they do that, they checked all my lugs. So, this is the first problem I had with Discount tire. I actually let it go.

Then literally 3 days later, the new rims and tires I bought from them for my 2002 Honda Odyssey, the rear driver side tire lost its bead and blew off the rim causing me to lose control in a split second and hit a telephone pole. Literally, BOOM, then POLE!!! That fast. This could have killed me, my wife and child if we was going any faster. Thank the Lord that everyone was buckle up, and we was going around 15 mph.

Reason I was going slow, I was getting ready to turn. I get out of my vehicle, because I thought for sure I hit something in the road. But there was nothing. I look at my back tire, and its complete off the rim. I checked my wife and kid for injuries, and my wife has a messed up shoulder, and I had bang up ribs. My daughter was fine, thank the lord. I call 911, police and ambulance get there fast. the police check everyone, then ask for my Id and Insurance of course. Then they do a complete investigation, and found that the tire did come off. They didn't cite me with any tickets or give me a sobriety test, because was flat out obvious the tire came off the rim. So my van got towed, we got a ride home.

The next day I called Joel at DT, and he said he would put in a claim. I told him, "I don't want to lawyer up, I just want Discount Tire to pay for the van which was only worth 3k, and the tow, and possible med bills, because me and my wife was hurting bad the next day." I was basically giving this greedy company a way out and they simple won't take responsibility. They are currently blaming it on Cooper Tire. Which if Cooper comes back and says "Yeah!!! It's a bad tire, then discount is off the hook."

But we all know, these companies are going to point fingers and nobody will take the blame. Just like Sapphire told me today 3/30/2017 at 5.01pm. She stated that Discount tire is in no way responsible, She stating this even before the results are coming back from Cooper Tire. Is she a mechanic? NO!!! did she physically inspect the tire herself? Hell no!!!

At this point, I decided to just sue Discount tire because I have two different incidents on record from this location. Someone screwed up, I truly believe it was a faulty tire, it was a mechanic error both times. So what could have been a super cheap way out for this company and nothing in the public eye to tarnish the reputation, is now going to be a full out lawsuit. Hey Discount Tire, when you send dumb-dumbs to try and scapegoat other companies for your mistakes, this is what will happen. Someone is going to pay dearly now because of SAPPHIRE!!! I truly believe it's DISCOUNT TIRE'S FAULT!!! I will be calling Cooper Tire and letting them know you're blaming them. Next is the Attorney General and the BBB. Then a YouTube video for everyone to see!!! FB, Twitter, etc.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I purchase 4 new tires at Discount Tires in Joliet on Plainfield Road. I return to inflate and rotate the tires, which is of no cost to me because I paid for that service. Prior to that I had some repairs to the right and left rocker panels of my car at A and V Auto Body in Rockdale [815 630 5193] and had to take it back to get it work on because some rust showed up and photos was taken of the rust spots before I took the car to get the tires fixed, the servicemen at tire discount damage my car and is now denying they did it. My coworkers saw the car the day before I took the car to Discount Tire. I JUST paid $1500 to repair my car and they damage the passenger side. Now they are telling me don't call their office to complain, they will tell the police that I am harassing them. Can anyone BELIEVE THIS??? THAT'S PAUL AT DISCOUNT TIRE IN JOLIET ON PLAINFIELD ROAD. I am asking them to fix my car.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Discount Tire In Tucson On Calle de Santa Cruz - I called the business Monday to get two tires. They had one. The salesperson said he'd order one and call back in 20 minutes to let know. No phone call so I called back and got another individual who did some research and determined that the second tire had been ordered from Phoenix. I asked that I be called when they knew. I made a 3:30 appointment as he said the latest they'd deliver was 3 PM. I got there. No tire. I was waited on by Hector. Very polite. He took my unhappy comments. I told him the whole story. My final comment was that he should talk with his boss. He took the heat for lack of performance for others and the company. I will get the tires when I get back home. I shop at Discount Tire in Reno on S Virginia st. They know how to run the business.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I dropped my van off at Discount Tire 33633 Gratiot, Clinton Township, MI on 2/17/17 for a slow leak tire repair and rotation. I received a call about 2 hrs. later from the store telling me I needed a new tire, they can't fix it and don't recommend driving on it, it's too dangerous. I told them to put it back together, order the tire and I will pick the van up and return when the tire comes in. I picked it up, took it home, took the tire off and could not find anything wrong with it. Also I looked at the invoice and it stated a tire repair and tire repair kit were on the invoice. I put on 400 miles since then with no loss of air or problem. Very strange, I do think they were trying to sell me a tire I didn't need. Salesman was **.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Wife went to get a flat fixed on one of your tires and came back with 3 new tires at full price. Discount totally refused to honor any warranty adjustment on the warranties that were purchased on the tires. First they falsely claimed tires were past warranty mileage and then when that was clearly false, they then said warranties were voided because she had not brought car into store for rotation after buying tires but that too was false since when she got the last tire 10,000 miles later they rotated the tires. They said the flat tire she went in for had a bubble in the sidewall which they said was an impact break that could have been caused by a normal road hazard and was not covered by the warranty. Your warranty clearly says otherwise. I am an attorney with 50 years experience and can read a warranty and I have been buying all my tires from your company for 35 years but never treated like this.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I've been a loyal customer with Discount Tires for years. I have an office right across the street from the Friendswood location. I couldn't get waited on so I went back across the street from my office and made a deal for tires on the phone. I can barely walk because I need both knees replaced and they have taken me across the street on numerous occasions.

When I told them that I would be over there in just a second to drop my vehicle off but that I would need someone to drive me across the street, the young man told me that they didn't have the manpower. It would have taken them all of 30 seconds to drive across the four lanes drop me off and take my car back across the street. I will NEVER purchase another tire there. Guess they are so busy that they don't need my business. I called back to ask them to have the store manager call me, and the young man said "Hold on I'll let you talk to him now." I was put on eternal hold and finally had to hang up because a client arrived at my office.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

First off, let me tell you that I have been a satisfied customer of Discount Tire for over 30 years. But today takes the cake!!! And not n a good way!! After the purchase of 4 new tires for my Enclave, to the tune of $650.00. After 4000 miles the outside edges of the 2 rear tires at tread bare. I went to local mechanic shop, who I have used for years and who aligned my tires 2 weeks prior to the purchase. He told me after checking alignment again, that wheels were within computer specs., and it was a tire problem. So I took the car to said Discount store. They would not stand behind their tires but would give a small discount on two new ones. BS!!! Today I dealt with an Ethernet Ass't Manager. My mechanic told me that that store has gone downhill in a hurry since new management. So I went to a different Discount Tire where I got a full replacement.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

When servicing my car, the "mechanic" failed to secure the wheel covers resulting on two falling off - only one was recovered. The store was unresponsive until after I made two contacts to the corporate offices. After this they were interested in replacing them until they discover the cost of a factory wheel cover - at which point the store claimed that the part was unavailable. Hyundai managed to sell me one, in stock. The set of tires for my truck will come from Sam's Club or Les Schwab. Screw Discount Tire.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I arrived at the Discount Tire located in Carmel, Indiana about 20 minutes before they opened. It was raining and I was prepared to wait. I did notice within a few minutes of my pulling into the parking lot one of the 7 to 8 employees inside the store walked over to lock the entrance door, I guess he was assuming I might try to come in early.

I proceeded to wait until a few minutes before the advertised opening time, while watching all of the employees for the last 15 minutes sitting around drinking their morning coffee lounging in the chairs designated for the customers. I decided to get out into the rain, pull my flat tire out of the trunk and roll it over to the entrance door. I arrived at the door around 4 to 5 minutes before the opening time. I remind you, all the employees were sitting around doing nothing while I'm rolling my tire to the front door in the rain.

I grabbed the entrance door handle and pulled on it... it was still locked from being locked 20 min. earlier. I pulled on it again more aggressively thinking someone would get up and unlock it for me so I could at least come in out of the rain. I stood there for a few seconds in awe, as not one of the employees, including the store manager would even look my way or even acknowledge me standing there. I was being completely ignored by their entire staff, while they did nothing. If you've never been to a Discount Tire franchise, the exterior of the building where the customers enter is surrounded with glass. There is no way I wasn't seen or heard trying to enter the store.

I proceeded to walk 50 yards back to my car and waited the 3 minutes before they opened. Within a minute or 2 after they unlocked the door, an employees came out and started looking at my tire, proving they knew I was there when I was standing at the entrance in the rain, but did nothing to even acknowledge me. Once I considered how disrespectful they were to me, I drove over right in front of the entrance and told the employee, he wasnt getting my business, and to take his hands off my tire. I put my tire back into my trunk.

I then called Ron ** the Regional Operations Vice President for Discount Tire located in Westfield, IN at (317) 867-0125. To discuss how poorly I was treated at his Carmel store. Surprisingly his response to me after asking me a few questions proves how little Discount Tire values their customers. He's stating to me that my being there too early explains why he assumed they didn't open the door. He said they always have a store meeting before they open (which I six witnessed from the parking lot while I was waiting) and had finished well before I tried to enter. He also seemed more concerned about what I may write in a consumer review, than how he should handle something like this with his employees if it were to happen again.

I suggested he at least tell his staff to treat the customer with enough dignity to go over to the door and say something or let them in out of the rain. I've never left a place of business feeling so disrespected and disappointed by how I was treated. Plus I was even more disappointed after speaking with an upper level management employee. Instead of hearing a heart-felt apology for how I was handled, I was made to feel like it was my fault for even considering being able to enter their establishment before the advertised time.

True customer service is something that is taught and driven home within an organization, Ron ** is obviously not a leader in this most vital aspect of his business. The Carmel store's total disregard for me as a valued customer proves this fact. My reason for this review is to let the consumer public know what to expect before they step foot into the Discount Tire Store. Me... Never Again!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I bought four new Arizonan silver edition tires from Discount Tires in Bellmead, Texas on Aug. 31, 2015, for my 2012 Hyundai Elantra at 33,044 miles. (Cost $574.16.) They have a warranty for 50,000 miles expiring three years from purchase date. My car inspection Jan. 31, 2017, did not pass the tires because they were too worn at 50,277 miles. That is a sharp contrast from the 50,000-mile warranty: a mere 17,233. Furthermore, they only lasted 17 months. I went for replacement and got the song and dance about how they could sell me a better tire (the kind the employee assured me was on his mom's car).

They said this isn't the worst they have seen this Arizonian tire wear. (So why does Discount sell it if it is of such inferior quality? Or why have a 50,000-mile warranty for something that cannot pass inspection after only 17,000 miles?) Then I got the explanation about how people drive differently, roads are different, and so forth. I concede that is true. However, at age 61 going on 62, I do not peel out, do wheelies or attempt off-road racing.

Discount Tires applied some credit/adjustment from the lower quality tires to the "Mom's brand," so I wound up paying $414. The employee was polite, but this really does make me feel better overall about Discount Tires. I have bought my tires from the company for many year because of the free rotations. I do hope the employee likes his mom.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I have Yokohama tires. They are not noisy, they last me long, and good mileage is put on them. I'm at 35000. Also, they have good handling and perfect in the rain and snow as well. I recommend this tires to other people, you won't be disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I ordered a tire from discounttire.com which had to be sent to an auto repair shop. The tire was put on my car and halfway home, I realized that it was the incorrect tire size. Discounttire.com sent the wrong sized tire to the auto repair shop. When I called discounttire.com's customer service, the customer care agent was very nonchalant about the situation. I won't be ordering from them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I went to the Discount Tire location to get 4 tires I bought from them online, balanced and mounted on October 18, 2016. Approximately 2 weeks after having that done while driving my car I felt it wobbling a bit. I was curious because I never felt that before so I did some research online trying to figure out what could be the cause of that and from what I gathered I was under the assumption maybe it is my wheel bearing. About 4 days later after I felt the wobbling another motorist driving behind me inform me that my rear wheel was wobbling. I responded by telling them I am aware and it may be my bearing. It never dawned on me to check my lugs.

Fast forward to January 2, 2017. I was leaving the store and the wobbling got worst. Also I heard a noise that appears to be a flat tire. I pulled over on the side of the road. This was about 20:00 hrs in the night and walked around the vehicle. I kicked the tires. They were all inflated. No signs of a flat. So I went back in and started driving. The car started shaking more and the noise got louder. I was almost home so I drove slowly. The following morning I came out to do an inspection on the car and notice every single lug on all tires were lose and on the driver side two lugs were missing and the tire was leaning out almost about to fall off after jacking it up.

I contact DISCOUNT TIRE and informed them and they sent an agent several days later to do an investigation and now they claim based on their findings that I have driving the car over 5,000 miles they will not fix the damages done to my vehicle. I explained to them this started 2 weeks after I left the location. My ignorance in the mechanic filed and confidence in them that I paid for a service and it was done right was what kept me from assuming they did not properly installed my tires, why I did not return to the location and have them check my wheel. Basically I am left with a damaged vehicle which is my only means of transportation to work. I believe they are responsible and should take responsibility for their actions or lack of and fix my vehicle.

Discount Tire Company Information