1.93/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 24, 2018

329 Discount Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I purchased a set of tires for approx 700.00. I told Discount Tire to order Nokian Hankook. They order some cheap off brand in which the word Russia was misspelled. I assume these were second hand tires. I also purchased a warranty to cover any problems with the tires. Not only did they sell me cheap tires and charged original price, they also stated I had to pay two separate prices because I bought tires at two different times. The man who waited on me told me not to pay until the other tires come in. Really! Wow, know how to sock it to a customer. I see be conveniently does not work there anymore. Wonder why? The guys there all look at me like I'm crazy. There was a manager who came out and some with me because I was so upset about being ripped off!

He made up a story to try and calm me down. Haaa I had to laugh, I guess he thought I was an idiot! Or something. The other tire place I took my car to said he did not know where they got the tires and they were no good from the start. My tires last less than 6 months and ironically the warranty did not cover for what they referred to as "road haz". Hum. That must be taught in training. How to make up ** to make the customer pay. I think, Discount Tire should be shut down. I am going to write the Attorney General and list it on BBB. I hope, the ratings fall and some questioned why everyone is saying the same thing and nothing is being done about it. Sounds like a common occurrence with all Discount Tire stores. Very "P" off!!!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was on a trip across MN when I had a tread blow off a 2 year old Discount Tire. I put the spare doughnut on and limped to the Discount Tire in St. Cloud. I explained these were Discount Tires but that didn't seem to matter whatsoever. I told the guy who checked me in to just put on a new tire on my rim and I will switch the spare and the wheel with the new tire because I was on a trip and had nowhere to go. 5 HOURS!!! Later they got to putting a new tire on a wheel that was off the car. It took me 5 minutes to switch the spare out and I was then able to continue my journey...I had to sit in the parking lot for 5 hours for this guy to do 10 minutes of work. BAD Management...

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Pleasant to do business with. Bought a set of 70,000 miles tires, at about 26,000 thousand of use had them rotated at 8000 mile intervals, last rotation they stated need new set of tires, with just 26,000 miles on them. They did not offer to Warranty them. Just wanted to sell me a new set. Will not buy another tire from them again.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was having my truck serviced at Tempe Toyota and they found a nail in one of my tires and they plugged it. I do not use plugs so I asked them where the closest tire place was and they told me there is a tire store in Chandler, Discount Tire and I went and purchased a new tire. I have used DT for approx. 25 years because of the warranty and have replaced all of my tires on the 7 trucks that I have owned.

We recently moved to the Show Low area in October and had a flat tire which we took to the DT in Show Low. My wife picked it up and I saw that there was a plug. Now I'm stuck with a fairly new tire with a plug. Originally I went to DT because of how they repaired the tires. This tire is under warranty and should have been replaced not plugged, which I consider very dangerous. I will sever my ties with DT and purchase new tires from BIG O. Big O is one of the worst tire places in America and I'm forced to do business with them because that is all there is in this town.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Hello, I recently purchased tires for my 2005 F-150 at one of your Fort Collins, CO stores. After driving back home to Alamosa, CO I noticed my mileage went from almost 17 mpg to 12 mpg, which I wrote off to high winds. When the mileage problem persisted, I went to my mechanic who noticed I had new tires that were the wrong size for my truck.

I contacted the Colorado/Wyoming regional office and expressed my dissatisfaction and was contacted shortly after by my salesman Robert from the Fort Collins store. Robert (**) helped me to find a store near Alamosa and to get the correct sized tires sent to the Pueblo, CO store. No hemming and hawing about why I wanted to change, even after I explained I had put 1,850 miles on that set of tires. Just, “Let’s get this fixed and you happy.” Christopher (**) at the Pueblo store was very helpful in making an appointment for me, made sure that I was serviced on time (since I drove 125 miles to get there) and had me out heading home within an hour.

I got 12.5 mpg on the way to get my tires changed and 16.3 mpg on the return trip. I want to thank all involved and your company for living up to their promise of: “If ever you’re not satisfied with one of our tires, please feel free to bring it back.” Your company and employees have certainly made that true and I will be back after telling my family and friends where to buy tires. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: May 3, 2018

I bought a set of Pirelli tires $900.00 supposedly an upgrade from BF Goodrich according to the Discount salesman. 22k miles later they blamed me for the tires wearing out. Expected me to buy more pro-rated. What a ripoff. The tires were supposedly 45k tires. I will never buy another tire from Discount again! I wish I could pick 0 stars.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Brought the car in to fix a simple flat tire. The threads are still good. Discount Tire refused to fix the flat tire saying the tire was too old and wanted to me to buy a new tire... Sorry, no more Discount Tire.

Original review: April 27, 2018

First of all I would like to start with me saying I have been a long time loyal customer for over 20 years... I purchase some tires about 6 months ago and have a tire that wore out prematurely... I was told by a Discount manager that my vehicle was the problem probably a wheel alignment problem... when I purchase my tires 6 months ago they failed to mention to me that this might cause my tires to failed prematurely. Anyway I had to purchase a new tire. No discounts. Nothing. No help. Basically told me they It was my fault. Well Discount Tire you have lost me as a customer. 20 years of purchasing tires and this is what I get. Really disappointed.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I work on cars and always send my friends when they ask me where to replace their tires to Discount tires. Lately, I’ve been very disappointed. I haven’t received the warranty as promised, and my friends that had service with them have been screwed up. After a 4 tire replacement, it’s stated that 45k is the warranty of the tires. I have been given a coupon From Discount Tires for alignment, and alignment has been done right after installing the new tires. Now after less than 3k, the front tires are worn out. Of course the representative at the shop did not approve the warranty stating that is a alignment issue (even though alignment was done from the advice from D.T. shop and coupon was given since all 4 tires were replaced.). Tires are worn from in and out almost equally. Now instead a warranty, I’ve been offered an expensive deal.

Another story: I’ve sent a friend to DT to have her tire plugged from a tiny nail, Because D.T. advertise free plug on a nail hole. (Be aware) Her tires were like new Michelin, D.T. ended up charging her and replacing 4 new tires, stating that the hole was too big. (Even though it did hold enough air while driven to the shop). Even worst, All 4 tires had to be replaced because of the 4 wheel drive. In 4 wheel drive, all the tires have to be equally worn otherwise the transmission would be damaged.

2 years later, one of the 4 tires blow out on the freeway. Luckily my friend survived and went to the shop. Of course Discount Tires replaced ONE tire, not all 4 as they’ve stated it will ruin the transmission on a 4 wheel drive vehicle if not equal. Now one tire does not match the other 3. Not even a word about 4 wheel drive that can be damaged if one of the tire is not matching the others. Discount tire simply has their Discount name but is a cheap company screwing up people and trying to get away the cheapest they can by selling their bad unsafe products. I would never recommend them again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have been going to Discount Tire or it used to be American Tire for years like 8 yrs. Just was in there yesterday. Because the wrong center cap was ordered. No apologizes. Nothing. Just, "We will call you when it comes in." The day I got the tires put on I was told that as soon as the center cap came in I wouldn't have to wait again to have it put on. Since I had to wait almost 2 hrs to get the tires on in the first place. Well center cap came in and went in there to have it taken care of. I was at the counter explained why I was there and they handed me the center cap and sent me on my way. Are you kidding me? WHAT! I tried to tell him again and just got ignored. Customer service has gone way downhill. I went there 4 times now just for new tires and center caps. I'm never going there again. Not wasting my valuable time and my hard earned money on a business that doesn't give me the respect I deserve.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I bought set of four - 50k new tires because Discount Tire store manager said while his tires are TWICE as expensive as my current set - that got me only 20k miles - his 50k would get me twice or more mileage. Well, I went in yesterday for warranty as my dealership said the tires were worn-out and would not pass inspection. The DT manager said he would not warrant due to us not bringing the car in for rotation. I said BS and that I had the receipts where my dealership rotated tires at my "prepaid annual maintenance" and I would get those or he could simply put the vehicle on the rack and observe for himself even wear on all tires and that they had been rotated regularly as well as initial alignment of all four wheels as required by DT!

He agreed with the rotation and called the place where I had the initial 4-wheel alignment. BUT said that he would warrant the tires EXCEPT he only warranted such that I had to pay 75% of the new tires price when I only received 20% (10k miles) of the 50k Warranty! PURE FRAUD & I am seeking others to file Class Action Suit against DT. I paid TWICE THE COST for tires that got HALF the mileage and then was cheated on the warranty!

Anyone else similarly situated please reply to ** and we will sue their ** on a class action filing!!! Also, they intentionally I believe refuse to place the actual vehicle miles on odometer at time of purchase knowing most consumers will lack the required proof at time of collection of warranty. I asked about no mileage notation on my original receipt for these tires and the clerk said DT tracks that internally. Well, yes they do and it is a FRAUDULENTLY entered mileage in my case and I bet others. I would love to speak with a former employee of Discount Tire as I suspect the most important issue for Warranty Claims, i.e., the actual mileage at time of install, is intentionally left off of receipts for purchase of said tires! This is NOT an accident!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

It does not matter if you need a new set of tires, a tire rotation or a flat repair... It does not matter to which Discount Tire location you go, it always seems to be "You will have to wait between 1.5 hours and 1 hour 45 minutes". I assume that their employees are advised to give this information in order not to say "It might take 2 hours". Actually, this has always been my experience: Usually they start to work on my car after 1 hour and 40 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes. At the end I lose about 2 - 2.5 hours of my day. For someone who makes $30,- an hour it adds about $60,- to the tire bill. If your time is valuable, go somewhere else and do something more useful rather than sitting in a waiting area without wifi.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have been going to this Discount Tire location for years because it's just a few blocks from my house here in San Antonio... I bought a set of BFG tires for my 99 truck... I don't drive the truck that much so in 3 1/2 years the tires got 10,000 miles on them... I paid extra for the lifetime balance and rotation so I brought it in for its first B&R. The rep there told me they are almost 6 years old and needed replacing. He pointed out that the tires were dated 2012, I showed him that I purchased them in 2014 so I lost 2 years because of that, he offered to discount the new set.

I refused since to me they are 3 1/2 years old with only 10,000 miles and they look fine. Anyway he finally gave in and they did the B&R, they did it fairly quick and did a good job and they were very courteous just a bit too much pressure to sell me a new set when I really didn't need it. A lot of people have similar complaints, if Discount doesn't like to honor their "tire certificates" then why do business that way?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been a customer of Discount Tire for over 5 years now and purchased my new set of tires from them with tire rotations included in the price. When I went to complete my rotation the following situation occurred (see my Discount Tire customer complaint below). After I sent this message to the companies customer service department I never got a response. I will now buy my tires from another company.

"I wanted to pass along a story that took place last month before my holiday travels. I have been a Discount Tire customer for sometime now and have purchased the tires currently on my Honda 2008 Element. As part of my purchase agreement your company allows for free tire rotations, balances, and checks. After over a year since I purchased my tires I stopped by the Discount store in Bellevue Washington as asked to rotate my tires. I was told to make an appointment for better/quicker service. I then called the next day and the representative scheduled me for a 2 PM on Thursday 12/21/2017. On that day I brought my car in and checked in with the counter agent. I waited about an hour and watched as the work was completed on a nearby service bay.

Upon completion of the work the service agent gave me the keys to my car and I left for another appointment. Later that evening after dinner I came out to the car and its front left tire was flat. It was dark and I had to move the car about 20 yards to a place to change the tire. I put on the spare and waited until the next day to discuss the situation with your shop. Take note that I have had these tires for over two years with very light driving and I never got a flat tire. Further, I was not near a construction site and only drove on the area roads for just a few miles to my next stop so it's highly unlikely that I damaged the tire in such a short time.

So the next day I called the shop and they said to bring the car in for inspection. I did and upon talking to the service agent was told that no record of my appointment was available. Further, there was no record of the work completed on my car the day before. This was alarming to me since ALL work should be recorded. After some time discussing the issue with the service agent they brought the car into a service bay and fixed the flat then drove the car to the back of the shop. I waited a while then inquired about the status of the fix. The manager took me to the back lot and gave me the keys and a receipt for the work and said it was ok now. I asked what the problem was and he said a nail or screw punctured the tire. I asked to see this and was told that there was not enough time.

This behavior seems very suspicious to me and I wonder if a tire valve was broken or damaged and the tire slowly went flat after I left the shop on Thursday. Further, having no record of my appointment or the work completed is not acceptable as well as the lack of professionalism of your staff. If you want more details such as my purchase and agreement, my car data, and records of my mobile phone calls to your shop detailing these event I can provide them. I must admit I was rather upset about this situation and it only added to my stress as I was trying to get tasks completed before I left for the holidays. I would appreciate a discussion with someone from your organization about this event to try to improve your business. As for me I will not buy any of my tires from your company and will pass news of this service to my personal network. This is bad business!!"

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We really like doing business with this company. They are friendly and want to do business with you. Service is speedy especially if you set up an appointment with them. It's a little out of our way to get there, but most definitely worth the drive. Also, great prices!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have been a customer for a long time. My complaint is simply. I ordered a rim, one rim. It's going on 3 week and still haven't received my rim. It's been one excuse after another. I finally had it. I would gladly pay double somewhere else. Wonder if Bruce Halle rolling in his grave right now or maybe he should have put all those millions into Quality Control instead of proposition 205 legalizing recreational use of **.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchased 4 BF Goodrich LT285/75R17E1 KM2 tires for my F250 from Discount Tire approx 4 yrs ago. I take excellent care of my vehicles and monitor tire pressures very carefully. These are load range E and should be very capable of the weight of the truck and camper. These tires have less than 10K miles. With a cabover camper, we went on a camping trip. At about 25 miles into the trip, I felt a very significant vibration. It turned out to be the left rear tire was beginning to have a tread separation. I limped it back to another Discount Tire.

The sales person there said this is a defective tire and he told me they know these tires are defective. I replaced only the back two with AT Cooper Discoverer tires as most of the vehicle weight is on the rear axle. They would only warranty the one failing tire even though the sales person said they know these are defective tires. I had to pay for a new right rear. I returned to Discount Tire to request they warranty replace the front two tires and they will not saying BF Goodrich has not issued a recall for these tires. I am going to continue to elevate this issue with Discount Tire.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I bought two Michelin Premier tires to replace 2 tires that were worn on my vehicle. I was supposed to get lifetime free rotation for the life of these tires and the previously purchased tires. However, every time I make an appointment to have my tires rotated the sales person tells me that they can't in good conscience allow my tires to be rotated because it would be too dangerous to drive my car and I could lose control and suffer a fatal accident. They tell me that my newer tires must permanently stay on the back of my car because this will give me greater control when I am driving. Then they try to sell me two new tires. Most recently I was quoted a price of $517 for two new tires, which is $200 more than the same tires at Walmart.

Today I had my oil changed by a very trustworthy auto mechanic and he told me that because my front tires have not been rotated they were very badly worn on the exterior edges and needed to be rotated to the back of the car. He also said that these tires were not ready to be replaced and he said that in his opinion the better tires should be on the front of my particular car if I wanted the ultimate in safety and control. When I bought the tires from Discount Tire they told me that my warranty would be notified if I failed to have my tires rotated, and yet they have been refusing to rotate my tires. What a waste of time this business has been. I am very sorry I ever dealt with them in the first place.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Wife had tires installed on 2016 Ford, no problems for 18 months with old tires. Installer busted rim and refused to take responsibility for it. Said wife hit something after install which is an outright lie. Tire flattened out overnight and I will never go back to this place for tires even if it costs me more money to do so elsewhere. Total disregard for their workmanship, service so called people and their management doing the right thing and correcting their sloppy, poor training of personnel.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I purchased 4 tires Michelin as the promotions required. Upon purchase by the deadline of 11/27/2017. I would receive 2 gift cards one for $100 and the other for $60. Within 3-4 weeks I logged on and noticed my card is approved but has not been shipped. I received an email stating due to the overwhelming response and weather there is no date to release the cards as stated in the promotion. I contacted Discount Tire District Office in Dallas Texas and was advised by Gina. She could not assist me. I was transferred to customer service and spoke with Dave and was advised he will need to contact me back. No date given. Per the promotion and contract I entered into has been breached. This is not fair.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I have been to many Discount Tires throughout my 10+ years of driving and owning a car. Every single time, customer service is mostly always friendly (except for one time where someone rudely told me they can't help me because it was 30 minutes before closing time I was trying to get air in my tires!). Very fair and reasonable price points. Relatively quick- granted I've clocked 1hr-3hr wait time but I understand the demand! Thanks for the free tire rotations and air. Y'all are amazing and I'm grateful. They will always have my tire business.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I purchased 2 tires in October 2017. I was going back at least once a week to get one of the tires aired up. This is now December and they finally said there was a leak in the valve stem and replaced it. One week later I am back because it is losing air. I am waiting another hour and 1/2 of my time. This is not acceptable.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I felt mislead by salesperson about waiting time. Plus the rebate turned into a time consuming hassle because salesperson used an old telephone number from one of my prior purchases in place of the number he placed on the receipt. Finally I called the customer support and they were able to qualify me for the rebate. Although I have yet to receive an email confirmation only the word of the person on the phone from customer support I have high hopes about receiving this $100 rebate because I am out of patience at this point.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I took my truck in to check an air leak so I dropped it off and headed to run some errands. When I came back to pick up my truck the rep tells me to follow him to the back. He wanted to show me the tire, it turned out the wheel was cracked and broken. That was the whole cause of the leak, the crack and broken piece on the 20” wheel looked really fresh. I asked him how could that happen to the wheel if I had run over nothing or hit solid on the roadway. He continued his BS and mambo jumbo about the break. I was in too much of a hurry to listen to his ** about it so I had to purchase one wheel and it cost me $254.00 but I’m taking this to corporate because they have to have cameras in the shop and I want to see the dismount of my wheel. I regret buying my tires at Discount Tires WESLACO,TEXAS.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have drove over 40,000 miles in 7 months so tires are very important to me. I went to Discount Tire because an elderly gentleman who has been driving buses for years and use to have his own fleet recommended them to me. He stated that they are all over the country. When I went to Discount Tire and told them my situation they hooked me up with Continental 90,000 mile tires (4 Continental All Season Radials) that I am extremely pleased with. The assistant manager told me that him and a few other workers have them on their cars. I noticed an immediate difference in handling. The first thing I noticed is that my brakes have a lot less stress on them. They also hold the road very well.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

In zero F weather refused to fix my slow leak, in Spokane (town of scammers) refused to fix my slow leak due to tire "too old", did not look at tire, tried to make me believe it was the law that they couldn't work on tires over 10 yrs old. I had to keep refilling in freezing cold, turned out I have Raynaud's syndrome and severely damaged 2 fingers of my right hand that winter. Another place fixed the leak for free, and I am still using those snow tires. Some tire stores will at least look at tire to determine condition, stay away from those trying to tell you it is "law", it is just the greedy store policy. Plus they overcharge for the mounting and warranty.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Looking for tires for my 2016 Kia Sorento EX. Typed up the tire size 235/65R17 and get a message the tires may not fit my vehicle search by vehicle type. I enter the info, and it gives me 18" rims and up. Dumbasses. The 2016 model came from the factory with 17" tires, not 18" tires. Fix your website before you kill someone fitting the wrong tires.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The people at Discount Tire were very helpful. Although the my rim and tire setup wasn't standard they helped set me up. Shipping and mount and balance were free. I had a broken piece they replaced immediately. I would recommend.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

On Sept. 26, I went into the Discount Tire in Yuma, AZ, to find out why I was having a problem with low tire pressure. I was told that I had a damaged wheel rim and was shown the wheel. While doing the paperwork, the mechanic came in to say that I had a 2nd dented wheel rim. Next thing I know the salesperson is ringing up 3 rims! Just so happened that they were having a special of buy 3 and get the 4th free. Lucky me.

We have gone to Discount for many years and trusted them, but when I asked to take a picture of the damaged wheel, I was shown only one. When I called back to ask if they would send me pics of the 3, I was promised they would, but none were sent. My husband called the Discount Tire store in El Centro, CA where we have gotten good service and inquired if it was possible to have 3 damaged rims at the same time because his Internet search said not likely. The El Centro manager hedged his response. We think there was only one damaged rim, and I got gypped. Also, why is the Discount/America's Tire website inaccessible and their phone disconnected?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I bought wheels and snow tires for my Highlander at Sandy, Utah. Each time I go in to swap them out for the season, my tire pressure sensor on my dash goes off a few miles later, and it's a huge pain in the neck to have to return to have it fixed. Not buying tires from them ever again. I never had this problem with other places. I just went there for convenience.

Discount Tire Company Information