Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Top Discount Tire Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare ...

Verified

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday w...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
  • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
  • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
  • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
  • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
  • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
  • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
  • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
  • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
  • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
  • Medium: $100 to $750
  • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I used to be Discount Tire customer for long time. In 2015 my daughter ordered a rim for her car and paid in full, meanwhile we sold the car and never collect the Rim. Time passes by and need tires were for another vehicle. I went to the same store we ordered the rim but they couldn't give me the credit for what we paid for the rim. I stop dealing with Discount tire. Few years back I wrote to customer service regarding what happened long time back, Surprisingly Regional Manager TOOK TIME to called me, first apologized then gave me a credit more than what we paid for the RIM.

Last week I wanted a some tires and did search online. DT was not the lowest, but the online chat Rep: Ms. ** was great to find the tires I wanted and discounted to match the competition and to make me feel important. Store guy was great to inform me lots I never knew regard to tires, then gave me the Rebate coupon too. Finally rebate offer number did not work, again chat online they even filled my rebate coupon and gave the confirmation number. Things have changed a lot. If one employee is great then it's That person but when it's happening thru out many steps it's coming down from top. It was a more than money's worth purchasing experience.. Thank you guys.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I had ordered a tire recommended by the computer site...it was out of stock or not the correct tire as it happens. The people at Discount Tire and Jeff gave me an upgrade to the tire I had ordered. I have bought from Discount Tire for years (maybe at different locations) & I have never encounter a problem they could not address. Thank you Discount Tire team... Treasa

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

So, it was a very difficult day w/my tire damaged, a donut on my wheel... driving in Vegas and out of all the locations I chose to make an appointment at, it was the most amazing experience I could ever ask for as a customer. Now I've had a real good experience at Discount Tire in Bullhead City Arizona... Never ever expected the service to get even more excellent but it did and out of all places in Vegas. My salesperson "Randell P." Was so good to me it was like he came from my perspective of what it would be like for him if it was his car and his flat tire! He just got me w/out me telling him anything. He gave me a good deal, they were fast...

I walked over to a store for lunch, brought it back and by the time I unwrapped the salad, put my eggs and dressing in - they were done! Absolutely mindblowing! It does help if you arrive at least 20 minutes to take care of any unexpected issues and that was what I did. They are way busy and still found a way to serve me w/out waiting for a long time. I came out a complete winner, so happy, and they saved me a lot of money considering people are suffering financially b/c of Covid-19. Thank you so much - I will always remember this insane service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I search for a couple of days online and via phone looking for a set of decent all season tires which handle well in snow. Also looked at a tire which offered a long tread warranty and found it in a General tire. We had first went with a local big box store who has a tire service center but due to being told wrong info about how well the tire we were sold would handle in snow, wet conditions and we later found out on consumer reports and customers' reviews that this tire was not very good in snow we canceled the order and found a much better set with Discount tire.

We did buy Certificates which will be honored after 3 years per the manager and tire geeks in garage and I also contacted the corporate office to run the extension on the years past them and to keep their customers happy I was told per Cooper and Jerrad at the store they will work with customers up to 6 years to replace worn out tires in order to keep their customers happy and keep coming back, now that is a good company but time will tell if they are being honest about the extension on warranty or not, I had them write the extension and sign their name on my receipts. Clean showroom, waiting area, no coffee or water due to Covid I guess. Staff was very helpful, knowledgeable. Very busy place.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I discovered Discount Tires 4 years ago after a very bad service experience at Costco tire shops. I have found their pricing in subsequent tire set replacement to be overall less expensive, many times by hundreds of dollars, than any other major retailer/wholesale club. No attempt to up-sale but rather informed recommendations based on your car and driving needs.

The dedication to onsite service excellence, follow up reminders for rotations, seasonal suggestions, free anytime pressure checking to be far and away better than anything I have experienced in the past (owning cars for 60 plus years that a lot of experience). Most impressive is the staff from the front counter to the technicians. The locations are clean, bright and consumer friendly. Last week was the 4th set of tires, multiple cars and grandchildren gifts, I will recommend without hesitation this company.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Free tire repair is nice but the employees let you know that don’t like repairing for free so parts in your car end up missing or replaced with other parts lying around the shop. Valve caps placed on vehicle were plastic - not the metal ones I had on the vehicle when brought to the shop. Tire rack has better deals and more selection. Any auto shop can rotate and balance tires.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I visit Discount Tire on W. Jefferson St, Joliet twice in one month. The first visit was on 7/7/21, because I had a tire with a slow leak. And the representative by the name of Matt, he was helpful by explaining different tire product and showed empathy. So 7/27/21 I came back to purchase two tires. Great customer service and Covid safe. D. **, Joliet.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Discount does not disclose to customers that they do not handle wheel alignment even when installing new tires (which may have cost well over $1,000). You must pay another service vendor an additional fee for this every time it needs doing. My pricey replacement tires lasted only half as long as they should have because, by Discount's own admission, the wheels weren't aligned and the tires wore horribly and must be replaced. They will not adjust this cost. They should disclose this conspicuously or change their practices. This is misleading by omission at a consumer level of sophistication.

Resolution response: July 1, 2021

Much to their credit, they made it right. After I called Customer Service and worked my way up a bit, I was issued a partial refund. This is exactly how Customer Service is supposed to work.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Went in for a nail in a tire. Salesman convinced me I needed 4 new tires, cost me $750. After I got home I found my receipt from the last time I bought tires.... my old tires (Goodyear) only had 20,000 miles on them. I went back to Discount Tire and picked up the tires that were taken off my car. I took them to 2 other tire shops who both confirmed that the tires were fine and did not need to be replaced.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I bought a set tires, they sent email saying not available anymore and tried their best to up sale me cheaper tires at a higher price the next day since they price hiked their tires the next day. I bought a set of 245/656/17 $97.20/tire for $388.82/set then the next day I get email and text alert saying the tires are no longer available and are on back order, no biggie. I'll just get another set. The set I then wanted was priced at $360.00 or $90/per tire on their site plus I had taken a screenshot but the sales rep kept insisting they were $95/per tire. I asked for tire certificates for each and to meet me halfway on those for the inconvenience $20 ($40 value at $10/tire).

My new total would of been $380.00 with $360 for tires and $20 for tire certificates. Sales rep kept saying it was $420 minus $20 fore tire certificates for at total of $400. When I asked for an itemized quote that is when I noticed they were charging me $95/tire even though their site said $90/tire, I pointed this out and was asked to send them the screen shot via email so I did. After review they game me some ** excuse and said my new total came to $386. At this time I told them, "No thank you" and to cancel my order for the original Atturos set. I can't do business with a company who tries to scam customers. I would give them only a 1 STAR review but the only good thing was the speed of their communication so I'll give them 2 STARS. I went ahead and bought a set of better tires with better tread pattern from Amazon at the cost of $351 with free home delivery.

Discount Tire Company Information