2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.20/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

BOTTOM LINE

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

PROS

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

CONS

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Top Discount Tire Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare across tire brands at my request. One day turnaround on ordered tires. Prompt with appointment times.

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday without a way to get to work. This store has MY business for the rest of my life!

Discount Tire Shop Now

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
  • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
  • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
  • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
  • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
  • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
  • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
  • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
  • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
  • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
  • Medium: $100 to $750
  • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

So, it was a very difficult day w/my tire damaged, a donut on my wheel... driving in Vegas and out of all the locations I chose to make an appointment at, it was the most amazing experience I could ever ask for as a customer. Now I've had a real good experience at Discount Tire in Bullhead City Arizona... Never ever expected the service to get even more excellent but it did and out of all places in Vegas. My salesperson "Randell P." Was so good to me it was like he came from my perspective of what it would be like for him if it was his car and his flat tire! He just got me w/out me telling him anything. He gave me a good deal, they were fast...

I walked over to a store for lunch, brought it back and by the time I unwrapped the salad, put my eggs and dressing in - they were done! Absolutely mindblowing! It does help if you arrive at least 20 minutes to take care of any unexpected issues and that was what I did. They are way busy and still found a way to serve me w/out waiting for a long time. I came out a complete winner, so happy, and they saved me a lot of money considering people are suffering financially b/c of Covid-19. Thank you so much - I will always remember this insane service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I search for a couple of days online and via phone looking for a set of decent all season tires which handle well in snow. Also looked at a tire which offered a long tread warranty and found it in a General tire. We had first went with a local big box store who has a tire service center but due to being told wrong info about how well the tire we were sold would handle in snow, wet conditions and we later found out on consumer reports and customers' reviews that this tire was not very good in snow we canceled the order and found a much better set with Discount tire.

We did buy Certificates which will be honored after 3 years per the manager and tire geeks in garage and I also contacted the corporate office to run the extension on the years past them and to keep their customers happy I was told per Cooper and Jerrad at the store they will work with customers up to 6 years to replace worn out tires in order to keep their customers happy and keep coming back, now that is a good company but time will tell if they are being honest about the extension on warranty or not, I had them write the extension and sign their name on my receipts. Clean showroom, waiting area, no coffee or water due to Covid I guess. Staff was very helpful, knowledgeable. Very busy place.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I discovered Discount Tires 4 years ago after a very bad service experience at Costco tire shops. I have found their pricing in subsequent tire set replacement to be overall less expensive, many times by hundreds of dollars, than any other major retailer/wholesale club. No attempt to up-sale but rather informed recommendations based on your car and driving needs.

The dedication to onsite service excellence, follow up reminders for rotations, seasonal suggestions, free anytime pressure checking to be far and away better than anything I have experienced in the past (owning cars for 60 plus years that a lot of experience). Most impressive is the staff from the front counter to the technicians. The locations are clean, bright and consumer friendly. Last week was the 4th set of tires, multiple cars and grandchildren gifts, I will recommend without hesitation this company.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Spoke with store manager Ryan ** at the Crestwood, IL location for 2 new tires. He only had 1 tire available and understood that it was urgent to replace them being an essential worker it's necessary that I get to work safely. So he referred me to the Westmont, IL store, where 2 tires were available. I made an appointment the next day and was serviced within 30min. They provided safe and efficient service. As I left I noticed one of weights adhesive had not adhered to the wheel. I spoke with the manager Jason, who was very professional and who personally checked each wheel. Very pleased from start to finish. Thank you Discount Tire.

Original review: May 21, 2020

5/21/20. These folks are great. Super fast, friendly and competent service. You can even make an appt! I found set of same tires, online, at a lower price, and these folks honored the lower price with no questions! Of course, you have to show the link for price verification - hey, that's only fair! I drove the car off lot, took onto rough interstate and the tires/balance was excellent. No issues. These folks seem genuine, offer a really good deal for an extended warranty, best I've ever seen. Anyway, I'd shop around for sure, but, to get the fastest, friendly and competent service, I'd give Discount Tire a second look. Feel free to email me, **, I'm a real customer and would be glad to answer any questions---- I'm this impressed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I had a blowout and needed to replace the two front tires. The rear tires had plenty of tread. Discount tire needed to order the exact tires to match the rear tires. I left the car in the care of Discount Tire. When I picked up my car, there was a giant scratch on the front bumper. I can’t say what happened. Nonetheless, I wish I never went to Discount Tire.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I purchased a set tires for my son's pickup from "Discount" (laugh) Tire. The tires are $126 each, so 4 of them should be $504. By the time "Discount" Tire added all of their BS fees the total came to over $720+ for a set of Chinese tires. You can decide for yourself if this is fraud or just pure con-artist practices. But I can tell you that I will NEVER spend another dime at "Discount" (laugh) Tire. And I am going to dedicate much time to tell every person on planet Earth to stay away from "Discount" (laugh) Tire. All of my tire business will go back to mom and pop tire shops.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Well, the name says "Discount". Don't believe it. I contacted 2 shops before this one and the prices are quite similar. Due to Covid restrictions, some methods had to be changed. I arrived, got seen after 15 min. Then the quote. Again, I wasn't surprised, but felt that they should have been 10-15% below quotes I had gotten. So, they got to me after 90 min. Changed two tires (sidewall damaged one and the spare was 10+ years old. Not safe!). But what my biggest disappointment was, was they didn't have a clue about replacing the spare tire. They didn't come to me and ask, they simply started trying to figure out the way to do it.

I had researched and had instructions before even starting the process. The kids didn't have a clue. I showed one where the drop shaft was, he couldn't see it. Knowing that I'd have to spend another hour there teaching, I passed, had them toss the tire in and left. I'll go deal with another company that doesn't have a fake name to lure people in, and workers who want to learn to better themselves and show company pride.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I’ve Been shopping at Discount Tires almost exclusively for 30 years. In the spring I bought 2 tires there. I got the “certificates for repair, refund, or exchange” with them. Well, the tires turned out to be garbage. They both had lumps in the sidewalk from day one. I had to drive across the country which is why I replaced the 2 tires. I had only had one bad tire but I wanted a matched set. Anyway, the lumps got worse and I only made it most of the way before one blew up. Before that they had been shaking like crazy making it hard to drive. I put 2 new tires on so I again had a matched set. I brought the tire I still had back to discount after my trip. There were no discount tires on the east coast.

Long story short, they wouldn’t let me return that tire even though I had the certificate. The manager even told me that to tell the truth, those certificates don’t do anything for you. He doesn’t know why people buy them but most customers do. I know why, because they here sell them with the tires. I’m sure no one ever said, "Please charge an extra $150 on my order" for nothing. He said all tires at discount come with a warranty that’s the same whether you buy certificates or not. I’ve bought probably 100 of those by now. I feel so dumb. He said no matter the name, they don’t let you return tires unless you buy new tires at the same time. I don’t need new tires.

I asked about the ad they show for at least 30 years with the old lady throwing a tire through the window. It says if you’re ever unsatisfied with a tire bring it back. He said he has never understood that ad either because that’s not their policy. I don’t like being lied to, especially if it’s systemic, planned, and repetitive. Discount Tire’s business plan is to lie and cheat customers whenever possible. I will never return there. I will stop recommending them like I’ve done for decades. I will warn whoever I can to never go there. It’s time to cancel Discount Tires. Goodbye.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

For the 2nd or 3rd time I went to Discount Tire in Baytown. At this time I was deceived by a seller. I ask 4 Yokohama tires and he convinced me about the Continental tires... Until there all good. I agreed and at the end later I found he sold me service that I don't ask for. A charge that was supposed to be 480 dollars went to 616 dollars. If your relatives are older like me don't let them go by themselves in this shop in Baytown. Can be this guy will attend them and they will finish with a big bill like me. He show me something and start to speak faster and a kind louder. Is a strategy used with older people or don't have plenty knowledge of the language. Well was paid, he won. But my family and me will not go there anymore. My church most of us are older than 70... I warning them also. Don't allow someone in your family older go by herself. Is sad the quality this business is coming down. Always have that person to tell you to look your receipt...

Discount Tire Company Information