Discount Tire

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First off, let me tell you that I have been a satisfied customer of Discount Tire for over 30 years. But today takes the cake!!! And not n a good way!! After the purchase of 4 new tires for my Enclave, to the tune of $650.00. After 4000 miles the outside edges of the 2 rear tires at tread bare. I went to local mechanic shop, who I have used for years and who aligned my tires 2 weeks prior to the purchase. He told me after checking alignment again, that wheels were within computer specs., and it was a tire problem. So I took the car to said Discount store. They would not stand behind their tires but would give a small discount on two new ones. BS!!! Today I dealt with an Ethernet Ass't Manager. My mechanic told me that that store has gone downhill in a hurry since new management. So I went to a different Discount Tire where I got a full replacement.

When servicing my car, the "mechanic" failed to secure the wheel covers resulting on two falling off - only one was recovered. The store was unresponsive until after I made two contacts to the corporate offices. After this they were interested in replacing them until they discover the cost of a factory wheel cover - at which point the store claimed that the part was unavailable. Hyundai managed to sell me one, in stock. The set of tires for my truck will come from Sam's Club or Les Schwab. Screw Discount Tire.

I arrived at the Discount Tire located in Carmel, Indiana about 20 minutes before they opened. It was raining and I was prepared to wait. I did notice within a few minutes of my pulling into the parking lot one of the 7 to 8 employees inside the store walked over to lock the entrance door, I guess he was assuming I might try to come in early.

I proceeded to wait until a few minutes before the advertised opening time, while watching all of the employees for the last 15 minutes sitting around drinking their morning coffee lounging in the chairs designated for the customers. I decided to get out into the rain, pull my flat tire out of the trunk and roll it over to the entrance door. I arrived at the door around 4 to 5 minutes before the opening time. I remind you, all the employees were sitting around doing nothing while I'm rolling my tire to the front door in the rain.

I grabbed the entrance door handle and pulled on it... it was still locked from being locked 20 min. earlier. I pulled on it again more aggressively thinking someone would get up and unlock it for me so I could at least come in out of the rain. I stood there for a few seconds in awe, as not one of the employees, including the store manager would even look my way or even acknowledge me standing there. I was being completely ignored by their entire staff, while they did nothing. If you've never been to a Discount Tire franchise, the exterior of the building where the customers enter is surrounded with glass. There is no way I wasn't seen or heard trying to enter the store.

I proceeded to walk 50 yards back to my car and waited the 3 minutes before they opened. Within a minute or 2 after they unlocked the door, an employees came out and started looking at my tire, proving they knew I was there when I was standing at the entrance in the rain, but did nothing to even acknowledge me. Once I considered how disrespectful they were to me, I drove over right in front of the entrance and told the employee, he wasnt getting my business, and to take his hands off my tire. I put my tire back into my trunk.

I then called Ron ** the Regional Operations Vice President for Discount Tire located in Westfield, IN at (317) 867-0125. To discuss how poorly I was treated at his Carmel store. Surprisingly his response to me after asking me a few questions proves how little Discount Tire values their customers. He's stating to me that my being there too early explains why he assumed they didn't open the door. He said they always have a store meeting before they open (which I six witnessed from the parking lot while I was waiting) and had finished well before I tried to enter. He also seemed more concerned about what I may write in a consumer review, than how he should handle something like this with his employees if it were to happen again.

I suggested he at least tell his staff to treat the customer with enough dignity to go over to the door and say something or let them in out of the rain. I've never left a place of business feeling so disrespected and disappointed by how I was treated. Plus I was even more disappointed after speaking with an upper level management employee. Instead of hearing a heart-felt apology for how I was handled, I was made to feel like it was my fault for even considering being able to enter their establishment before the advertised time.

True customer service is something that is taught and driven home within an organization, Ron ** is obviously not a leader in this most vital aspect of his business. The Carmel store's total disregard for me as a valued customer proves this fact. My reason for this review is to let the consumer public know what to expect before they step foot into the Discount Tire Store. Me... Never Again!

I bought four new Arizonan silver edition tires from Discount Tires in Bellmead, Texas on Aug. 31, 2015, for my 2012 Hyundai Elantra at 33,044 miles. (Cost $574.16.) They have a warranty for 50,000 miles expiring three years from purchase date. My car inspection Jan. 31, 2017, did not pass the tires because they were too worn at 50,277 miles. That is a sharp contrast from the 50,000-mile warranty: a mere 17,233. Furthermore, they only lasted 17 months. I went for replacement and got the song and dance about how they could sell me a better tire (the kind the employee assured me was on his mom's car).

They said this isn't the worst they have seen this Arizonian tire wear. (So why does Discount sell it if it is of such inferior quality? Or why have a 50,000-mile warranty for something that cannot pass inspection after only 17,000 miles?) Then I got the explanation about how people drive differently, roads are different, and so forth. I concede that is true. However, at age 61 going on 62, I do not peel out, do wheelies or attempt off-road racing.

Discount Tires applied some credit/adjustment from the lower quality tires to the "Mom's brand," so I wound up paying $414. The employee was polite, but this really does make me feel better overall about Discount Tires. I have bought my tires from the company for many year because of the free rotations. I do hope the employee likes his mom.

I have Yokohama tires. They are not noisy, they last me long, and good mileage is put on them. I'm at 35000. Also, they have good handling and perfect in the rain and snow as well. I recommend this tires to other people, you won't be disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

I ordered a tire from discounttire.com which had to be sent to an auto repair shop. The tire was put on my car and halfway home, I realized that it was the incorrect tire size. Discounttire.com sent the wrong sized tire to the auto repair shop. When I called discounttire.com's customer service, the customer care agent was very nonchalant about the situation. I won't be ordering from them again.

I went to the Discount Tire location to get 4 tires I bought from them online, balanced and mounted on October 18, 2016. Approximately 2 weeks after having that done while driving my car I felt it wobbling a bit. I was curious because I never felt that before so I did some research online trying to figure out what could be the cause of that and from what I gathered I was under the assumption maybe it is my wheel bearing. About 4 days later after I felt the wobbling another motorist driving behind me inform me that my rear wheel was wobbling. I responded by telling them I am aware and it may be my bearing. It never dawned on me to check my lugs.

Fast forward to January 2, 2017. I was leaving the store and the wobbling got worst. Also I heard a noise that appears to be a flat tire. I pulled over on the side of the road. This was about 20:00 hrs in the night and walked around the vehicle. I kicked the tires. They were all inflated. No signs of a flat. So I went back in and started driving. The car started shaking more and the noise got louder. I was almost home so I drove slowly. The following morning I came out to do an inspection on the car and notice every single lug on all tires were lose and on the driver side two lugs were missing and the tire was leaning out almost about to fall off after jacking it up.

I contact DISCOUNT TIRE and informed them and they sent an agent several days later to do an investigation and now they claim based on their findings that I have driving the car over 5,000 miles they will not fix the damages done to my vehicle. I explained to them this started 2 weeks after I left the location. My ignorance in the mechanic filed and confidence in them that I paid for a service and it was done right was what kept me from assuming they did not properly installed my tires, why I did not return to the location and have them check my wheel. Basically I am left with a damaged vehicle which is my only means of transportation to work. I believe they are responsible and should take responsibility for their actions or lack of and fix my vehicle.

My Discount Tires are long lasting and gives a smooth ride. I'm on 49000 with them. They are of good value and the company stands behind this product. On the other hand, BF Goodrich/Michelin does not stand behind their product. Tire are garbage and cause accidents all of the time. Do not buy BF Goodrich/Michelin tires... You will regret it.

After a tire blowout on January 02, 2017 in Peeples Valley AZ and no tire shops in the area Prescott AZ was the closest city to buy a new tire. Upon my arrival at the Discount Tire store there was a line waiting for service and 2 older gentlemen were working the counter. They quickly dispatched their duties and phone calls.

But once they looked at me being a person of color they completely ignored my presence. And left their duties and out they went to the service area never to return. Then a young man appeared to be Hispanic and took charge and quickly helped me. Racial discrimination based on color of skin is against the law your. The 2 employees that thought it was humorous should be terminated.

Such amazing Customer Service!!! I was driving from Houston to Dallas for a meeting when I struck a nail, I was able to locate a Discount Tire a few miles from where my appointment was. Although there were many ahead of me in line when I arrived, I had mentioned my dilemma and driving in for a meeting and was on a time crunch. I was offered a ride to my location and so graciously picked up afterwards. My tire had been fixed and couldn't be happier. Mike is the Manager at Discount Tire and would recommend this shop!!! Thank you Mike and crew.

Purchased four new tires on 10/18/2016. While driving on 12/2/2016 one of the tires fell off the car. Thank goodness no one was hurt or worse. Haven't heard one word from the claims department. The vehicle sits in our driveway because no one in their right mind trusts driving it anymore. The work was performed at Machesney Park, IL Discount Tire. Will never go back.

Last 2 times I went in to get tires they left at least one lug nut off and a couple were broken. My car had them all when I took them in. This is a real safety issue for me and very dangerous. I am disappointed in them as I have gotten my tires there over the years.

10/23/2016 - I purchased a used 2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in March 2016. Before leaving the lot I went over any body and interior imperfections with the dealership. I pride myself on the fact that I take very good care of my vehicle mechanically and cosmetically. I had my car detailed the day before I went to Tires plus which was in the middle of August of 2016. At the time of the detail I arrived early to talk to the detail employee and make sure there were no scratches or nicks from the buffer. The car was fine except for items I knew of when I purchased the car.

On that following day I left my house and as I was driving down Mccarren Blvd my sensor inflation light came on. Tires Plus was just up the road on the right so I pulled into their shop. I've used Tires plus before to buy tires for my mustang in the past. The manager Dave helped me and went out and checked each tire and noticed a small nail in one of the tires. He was extremely polite and offered to fix it at no charge.

I had a seat in the waiting room and noticed maybe ten minutes later my car quickly passing by and speeding into the work bay. I then saw the gentleman driving my car back up quickly and pull in again very quickly. At that time there was a car parked at the work bay to the right of mine so I could only see the top of my car. About 25 minutes later the manager Dave came to let me know it would be a few more minutes and I asked if we could look at some custom rims and tires and he graciously help me and gave me the quotes. Soon after my car pulled up to the pickup door and the gentleman held the door for me and told me the light should turn off after I've driven a few minutes which it did. At that time again I did not see the passenger side of the car as he pulled up with the driver's side facing me.

I drove directly home and pulled into my private driveway. As I was exiting the car I noticed that the left seat panel was filthy smeared with a dirty greasy substance. I went into the garage to get my shampoo upholstery machine and as I walked out I noticed the front passenger rim looked like it had struck a curb of a cement parking block sideways. It was completely chewed up. These were brand new rims that were put on the car before it took it home from the dealer. I immediately called Tires Plus and a gentleman answered and I then asked for Dave. He told me Dave was busy and asked if he could help. I began to tell him the problem and while I was in mid sentence he said "Are you calling about your from passenger rim? I saw that." I told him I would call Dave back. After I had the mobile detail guy come over and charged me $50.00 to clean my seat.

I again called Tires Plus and Dave answered. I again explained the problem and Dave said "We don't have curbs in our work bays and I'll check all the workers' butts to see if they are dirty." I was upset because I knew I hadn't hit a curb and asked Dave if he remembered seeing it when he check each tire? His response was "I don't know. We don't check those things." I'm the only one who has driven the car since the purchase. The car remained in my private driveway until the next morning. The next morning I walked outside for my doctor's appointment and then noticed as the sun was hitting directly on the passenger door that the entire rock guard at the bottom looked as if had been struck by something that the car dragged across then as if it stopped and hit again taking the paint off. The vehicle remained in our private driveway and my mother's car was in the garage. We had no visitors.

At that point I called Tire Plus Headquarters for the Nevada region. I did receive a call back quickly and this was two days before I was going into the hospital for a major surgery which I would be hospitalized for six weeks. I do apologize that I do not have the name of gentleman who holds the title I believe of territory manager for that region but I can get it and add it to this post if this format allows me to? I spoke to him to let him know my concerns. I let him know that I was aware that they didn't have curbs and that still my rim and car rock panel were damaged. He truly proceeded to treat me as if I was just a crocked customer trying to scam them He asked me persistently what I wanted from them and tried twisting my words as to what I was complaining about. He said the following:

"What you're upset about is nobody listens to you correct? What you're saying is you don't think we did it? You want your car fixed?" And as I perceived what was a threatening manner "I'll have to get our insurance involved." At that point I just told him I want nothing except to let you know my car was most definitely damaged at your place of business. He then told me that when we hung up Dave would call me definitely today sometime and he would like to give you a discount on your custom rims and tires you want to order. I never heard from Dave which was fine because at that point I had no intention of doing business with them again.

Today is 10/23/2016. I had gone last night to a restaurant that is in the same shopping center as this Tire Plus store in Reno NV. There happens to be only one way in the center coming northbound from my home. As I was driving in the center it faces the work bays of Tire Plus. I witnessed a heavyset employee with dark hair actually lifting a large hand jack with is a considerable about of weight and heavy metal. Throwing it over the top of the vehicle he was working on striking the vehicle he was working on and the vehicle in the work bay to the right of it.

I just took my car to Discount Tire in Southport today and was very satisfied with their tire replacement policy and customer service. I purchased the Falken tire about a year ago, and it still had a lot of tread left. I got a flat tire and told Discount that I wanted to claim my Road Hazard warranty on the certificate that I bought. Evan, the salesman, said that was no problem and that Discount would either repair or replace the tire free of charge.

Evan said they were very busy, (I was 5th in line), and that it would take about 1½ hours to get the repair done. I told him I would be at a nearby restaurant while I waited. Apparently they worked very fast, and had the car done in 45 minutes. The restaurant was noisy and I didn't hear my phone when he called. I was just amazed when Evan walked a block to the restaurant, came inside and told me my car was ready. Now that's great customer service!

After purchasing a full set (4) tires for my 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara about 6 months I noticed small cracks in sidewall of two of the four. I immediately went to my local Discount Tire Co. and told them I was very dissatisfied with the service and poor performance of these tires. I was allowed almost the full credit price for the tires in an adjustment and got a full set of Michelin tires of much better quality with road hazard insurance, free balance and rotation for a very fair price. I highly recommend Discount Tire Co, to anyone seeking quality products and excellent customer service.

I was just told by Discount tires that my Michelin defender 90000 mile warranty tires are WORN OUT! The tires only have 30000 miles on them!! The rude sales person at Discount tire was not interested in the "so called tire replacement warranty certificates" Discount sold me with these tires at $16 per tire! He said "Well you know we can't be stupid about this--this is Arizona and you should know that no tire is going to last you that long!" The tires are also only 4 years old! He then wanted to sell me more of those LOUSY Michelin tires! My advice to tire buyers is NOT to buy MICHELIN TIRES ---and not to buy them from DISCOUNT!!

Yesterday was the 3rd and last bad experience dealing with Discount Tire. 3 chances and 3 consecutive strikes was extremely generous on my part. I won't be returning. Perhaps they should focus on return business rather than extreme sales pressure to increase profit TODAY. Apparently they fail to understand that most people have more than one car and they could make even more money with returning customers.

I have given my car Discount tire company to change old tires. They did it by charging $94. All looks good. I traveled 2 days no lights came ON. When I hit the Speed more than 40 MPH, I see ABS, VSC and 4WD is ON. I took it to Toyota showroom (camelback Toyota). They diagnosed it by charging $132 + tax and found, said to me, somebody recently messed it up with RH speed sensor wiring, have documentation C0200 codes. I took back my car to Discount Tire company and asked for it. They said they will send claim to Corporate, corporate will review and call me soon. It did happen.

I originally bought a set of 5 BF Goodrich 31x10.5x15 KO tires. I was getting really good mileage on them when one day away from home on a trip there was debris in the road that I couldn't avoid without going into oncoming traffic. I got one tire repaired by them putting 5 plugs and one hot patch on the inside the tire. Then there was a tire with a slice in the sidewall of the tire leaving it with a flap of rubber. The third tire had a piece of wood the size of my thumb that went through the sidewall of the tire and couldn't be repaired. They had to use my new spare for the sidewall damaged tire and I called Discount Tire and told them I was coming in. That was about November 15th, 2015.

They said they didn't have any in their warehouse and called around. They couldn't find any anywhere. I paid for the whole package including Road Hazard Certificates on my Social Security Disability and now I'm being told they stopped making them so I'm just out of luck. So the Service Writer at that time at the Surprise Discount Tire talks to the Mgr who says they can put my name on a waiting list and when they become available they will call me.

Well in the meantime they can let me try other tires till then. They gave me 4-5 different sets of tires to try. Each set had one nice feature but not the outer. One got great gas mileage on the highway but got stuck in dirt, another was great in dirt but on the highway they sang so loud you had to turn up the radio, another set was a BF Goodrich Tire but when I came to get the truck they had Cut the Air Dam to get the tires into the fender well and the tires couldn't turn, so they damaged my truck doing so. All this was stretched out over about 3 months.

Then I went on their Facebook page to complain and that got someone's attention because I got a call from the Vice President of Discount Tire in Scottsdale asking if I could be at the Surprise Arizona store on February 14th. They would have my tires and "we're sorry for the inconvenience." So I show up there at 8:30 am and they did have 5 tires. I left my truck and came back a few hours later to see my truck sitting in the parking lot with 5 tires on it including the spare.

They then have me come inside where they gave me $542 back because I'm assuming it's for all 5-6 trips there, one way from Wickenburg was 42 miles plus the damage to me Air Dam, plus the money I had to pay for the other tires that didn't work out. I get in my truck and drive away. I don't drive the truck much and it sits in the shade. I'd go have the tires rotated and Rebalanced. Then around the beginning of September 2016 I noticed the tires have flaps of rubber coming off and the tread is really low. I look at when I got the tires and the mileage I have on them now is about 20,000 miles. The ABS light started coming on and off and now it's totally on.

I call Surprise Discount Tire and talk to Eric the Assistant Mgr who says "bring it in and we'll see what we can do." Eric comes outside and looks at the tires and says they're shot and nothing they can do. I said "you're kidding" and point out a brand new spare tire on the back and said "what about this tire." Eric says he'd give me $20 for it but it'll just sit on the tire rack because no one will want it. Eric informs me that there is no warranty on my tires. That's funny because when I bought them they had a 50,000 mile warranty. I check into my paperwork that they send in a PDF file and see about the warranty and when they got these tires in they replaced them with 32x11.5x15 that have no mileage warranty but does have a 6 year defective material warranty.

I complained and was told they would take a $100 off the price of a new set of tires. That's crap. So much for that Road Hazard Warranty you pay an extra $100 for. So I started checking online for BF Goodrich to call them and find over 150 people who all have the same problem with their tires and I call them and record the conversation. First they said they needed a current inspection and have me go to the local Big O Tires to get it done. The Mgr says "it's bad rubber because the center of the tire has flaps of rubber coming off." I ask him "how many miles are left on the tires" and he says "maybe 5000". He wrote down that the tires were inflated properly and wearing evenly and has 5 to 6/3 2nd of an inch left. I show him my Discount Tire paperwork from August 2015 that shows to date I've only driven it about 3000 miles.

I contacted BF GOODRICH today that said the surprise store Mgr Ben ** was to of called me with an offer. So she says they will give me 23% credit on a new set of tires. I said "you got to be kidding. You gave out faulty tires and knew about it and I have to pay for your mistakes." I said "I want an address where to send the Small Claims paperwork because you can't be represented by an Attorney." She says "let me put you on hold a moment" and comes back and says they are willing to give me a 52% discount. I said "make it a 25% discount and I'll buy another set". She said no and gave me the name and address where to send that paperwork. I would of compromised at 40% if I could get any other tire but there's because I can't trust my family's lives and mine to them anymore.

Brought my vehicle in for tire rotation and was told 45 minutes. An hour and 30 minutes later and I'm still waiting. Several female customers came in after me and they were in and out in front of me. When I asked what was taking so long for rotation, they said appointments came in and they came 1st. I overheard 2 employees talking about one of the female customers... not good things!!! Absolutely never again...

Bought 4 tires and persuaded to purchase the "protection package," and promised a $70.00 reward debit card. I got the card in the mail. Tried to use the card. Could not use as it always showed "invalid card." I called the number on the card but an automated voice kept asking over and over for the 16 digit card number. Entered and the system would say, "Not able to look up the card." Finally put the card in wallet and forgot about it until recent visit to Discount Tire for 6000 mile first rotation/balance. Shop indicated the card expired on 03/16 and nothing they could do. To be fair it did state that on the card face but it was never valid and there was no way to contact a PERSON at the number on the card. Beware. I feel I was scammed. The shop retained the original receipt and said they would check on it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I had a flat last week while at the bank and called my insurance company's roadside assistance. When the guy took the tire off my vehicle and replaced it with the spare, he showed me my tire. It had gone flat because there was a nail or screw in the center of the tire between the thread. The next day I took the tire to Discount Tire at 7325 FM 1960 in Houston, TX. The service man first told me that the tire needed to be replaced because it had a "heat ring" on it. When I asked what that is, he explained that a heat ring happens when a tire is driven too long while flat. I was suspicious because I had driven it only from my home to the bank (less than 2 blocks) when it went flat. I told him "I couldn't afford a new tire and please just repair the tire."

Later, he came back and said there were actually two nails in the tire and because of the location of the nails, the tire could not be repaired. He showed me the tire and I knew immediately that the tire he was showing me was not the same tire I brought in. The location of both nails were on the side of the tire, not in the center. I told him that was not my tire and he swore it was and told me that they don't even sell that brand of tire. I knew this was untrue because I had purchased the tire along with another just 13 earlier at Discount Tire. I asked to speak to a manager and waited over 30 minutes before the manager was called. The manager told me his staff would not switch tires and then offered to put a used tire on my vehicle since I had said I couldn't afford a new tire. I told him "No thanks. I'd go elsewhere for a tire". He then said, "Well that's a shame because we have the best prices and you already have Discount Tires on your vehicle."

This was a complete contradiction of what I'd just been told about DT not selling the brand of tires I had. Today while looking at the ConsumerAffairs website at complaints against DT, I saw a photo posted by another customer. The large nail and position of the nail in the photo is exactly like the one I was shown that DT claimed was my tire. The customer who posted the complaint felt that DT had planted the large nail in his tire just to force him to buy new tires. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm not one to give reviews but I want to do this right now. I'm a customer of discount tire for 25 years, most of the time it's been a good experience until a couple of instances lately here with the store in Gilbert AZ, Warner and Cooper roads. I recently bought a set of 4 FALKEN/ziex05 tires from this store, drove for approx. 200 miles on them, noticed back rear passenger side tire leaking air. Took the truck in, they replaced the valve stem... no charge (THIS is the service I expected, except the 1/2 hour promised took 2.5 hours), at least it got fixed. 200 more miles, another valve stem problem, take it in again, another 1/2 hour promised. 2.5 hours later, I return to see my truck up on the stand still, they tell me I need new tire sensor for tire pressure warning indicator (I've never had to have these before? I've had the same wheels with countless sets of tires mounted by Discount before. No mention ever of new sensors).

I tell them "as long as it doesn't leak anymore, I don't care." (by this time I just wanted to get my truck and leave) But the service rep behind the counter says they "recommend" having all 4 wheel sensors swapped out. "It's a safety issue" now. I say "OK swap em out then." I go to grab my truck and they present me with a $240 bill for this. Discount tire handled all the previous tire swaps before and it's never been an issue. Why now? Why did they replace the earlier valve stem and make no mention of new sensors? Why didn't they say that previous to the work being done they were going to charge me $60 per wheel and tell me that I was going to have to pay $240. They installed all the previous valve stems in my truck since 2005 and zero issues, now all of a sudden I have to pay $240 just so I can get brand new tires that I bought from them that don't leak?

I USED to be a discount tire fan. NO MORE. I'm so pissed that this shop tried to take me for a fool and gouge me for no reason. Most discount tire shops are straight up, the store at WARNER Rd and COOPER Rd in Gilbert AZ is not. These people should have been apologizing to ME for have to continually go back to have issues fixed and fixed again (new tires going flat) on a set of new tires not Gouging me $240. TERRIBLE way to do business, I would never go back to this shop.

I bought 4 tires 5 mo. ago. One start small leak. I took it back to them. They said nothing wrong with it, 2 weeks later leaked again. This time they found small nail, I left the shop, get on freeway. Tire start shake so bad I thought it going to come off the car. Went back again so they can balance it and to get a hell out of there.

These incompetent teens put the wrong lug bolts on my car damaging the ABS, hubs and brakes ($1600). They told me to drive it off the lift and it wouldn't move because the bolts are smashed into the brakes. They made the note that the install was done incorrectly and another mechanic confirmed the damage. I am waiting on their insurance to contact me. SA TX 281 and Evans.

I made an appointment at the Discount Tire on Thunderbird Road in Peoria, AZ almost one week in advance. I showed up about 5 minutes early and got signed in right about exactly when my appointment was as they were helping another customer in front of me. As I'm waiting patiently for my vehicle to get inside the shop, I am continually hearing the employees telling people who showed up without an appointment that it would be about an hour.

30 minutes later, after my car STILL had not been taken into the shop, I asked what the point behind having an appointment was if you weren't able to get your vehicle at about that exact time. I was told that the appointment system was meant to guarantee that you would get your car in within FORTY-FIVE MINUTES of the appointment time. About 15 minutes later, my card was taken in and the new tires were put on. I left about FIFTY-FIVE minutes after my appointment time which means I save about FIVE minutes over the people who just stopped in without an appointment and were told it would be an hour. At least at that location, it seems like there's no point in worrying if you don't have an appointment and not really a point in making one either.

I do not write reviews very often. Today I had a great experience at Discount Tire located 2190 GA-92, Woodstock, GA 30188. I ordered my tires online and they called me back to two days later setup the appointment. They matched a competitive offering and I was done and back on the road in 20 minutes. They had the tires in stock, great price, service was fast and they were really nice people from front desk to service techs. Thank you for a great experience.

Paid $732 for 4 tires. The balance was not done right and my car was almost uncontrollable. Took it immediately for a front end alignment. The man at the alignment place told me it was not balance right and they had not put back a washer on the rear tires that should be there. He even showed me and he called Discount tires for me and explained to Chris, the manager. When I took the car back, Chris, the so called manager was rude, and crude and made me wait over an hour. When I complained he told me to shut up or I will make you leave the store. Bad customer service. Bad management, unsafe work. I called the Corporate office in AZ. I will tell everyone I can not to go to there.

Good service needs public acknowledgment and my wife and I were extremely happy with the service we got at Discount Tire in Amarillo, Texas! My wife and I were headed home to Indiana from California and were driving after dark in a driving rain. Immediately off the exit we spotted our motel and were anxious to get some rest. I went through a deep puddle around a storm drain, scraped the broken curb and slashed the sidewall on my right front passenger tire. Stuck in the front entrance of our motel, we patiently waited for the service man from AAA to put on our spare, we noticed a Discount Tire store right across the street.

Long story short, we had to have four tires because we have a Subaru and the manufacturer recommends buying four at a time to keep the computer happy I guess. Stephen, talked gently to us, did NOT try to upsell us from our decision, gave us a few tips, and got us on our way in about half an hour (we were second in line when the store opened. We felt as though we had lost very little time, and the cost was less than we expected! Thank you Discount Tire of Amarillo, Texas! It was a bonus that there is a Discount Tire in the town where we live!!!

Discount tire in Lubbock, TX put new tires and wheels on my car. While driving 65 mph to Houston, TX the tire and wheel fell off. My friend and I were in the car, we pulled to the side of the highway. I was one mile from Discount Tire in Conroe, TX. I had at my expense the car towed. After all DT areas coordinated the fiasco, the issue ended up at Corporate. They are antagonistic and careless. We are 39 days into this. I have proved their fault. My daughter lost her job in Lubbock as she couldn't get back, they took so long.

I have had to pay for rental cars. The car still needs body work and paint. The struts broke as a result of the pressure from the tire falling off at a high rate of speed. Yet, corporate will pay for the broken one and not the bent. Think of it this way, you break your left leg your right leg now has to carry extra weight. That is a concept they can't get.

The business fixing it stated there is no other way that this could have happened. I would think a business would be really happy no one died and fix the vehicle. Five vehicles all locations over 10 years, a loyal customer and this is the treatment we get. I even let go of the fact they put the wrong tires on the wrong side of my Cadillac CTS in Heights, Houston. You could visibly see the car off balance. That store manager apologized and fixed it. This is inexcusable. All I ever wanted was a timely repair without being insulted and antagonized. Trying to go above the smart ass employee got nowhere. I have now hired an attorney who amicably tried to make us whole and get us back on the road and they are dragging their feet with him. DO THE RIGHT THING! I hope this never happens to their daughter as perhaps they will see the error of their ways. Handling this should not be a full-time job or cost me $. I didn't put the wheels and tires on.

Discount Tire Company Profile