Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

350 Discount Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have had many bad experiences with Discount Tire. From employees being just plain rude, having family members who worked for the company itself being treated terribly, and always having a long estimated wait time that ended up being much longer than first stated. I decided to give them one more chance and went to a Discount Tire for all brand new tires. When I first dropped my car off I was quoted an estimated wait time of about 2 hours. So naturally I waited for 2 and a half hours to go back up to the store. When I had arrived one of the front employees told me that they had a couple issues that backed them up, but that my car was going to be the next one in.

He stated that the wait should only be about 30 more minutes. 3 hours later I walked up to the front again to ask what the deal was, and the employee this time just looked at me and asked if I had been waiting there the entire time because my car had been ready for over 2 hours. I would had hoped that after choosing to pay $1000 to this company I would have received better service than this. Not be told it will be around 2 hours, and 5 hours later I'm being told my car has been ready while I've been sitting IN STORE for 3 hours with my phone in hand and received no phone calls. The head crew member did apologized but said there was nothing he could do for me. Never again will I use discount tire. I shouldn't have to be apologized to every time I try to use a company that states they practice, "All around good service."

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I searched for tires for my car at the local used tire shop, Walmart & Sears Auto Center before stopping at Discount Tire 11110 E 41st St, Tulsa, OK 74146. THEY LIVE UP TO THEIR TAGLINE OF “America’s Neighborhood Tire Store”! The tires, with the stems and balance and mount, were the least expensive of any of the places I checked – WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT is a business that cared about my safety and actually worked with me to do something about it!!! All the other places told me the same thing that Discount Tire told me, but Discount Tire stepped up and suggested a solution that I could afford! I have NEVER done business with a company and/or people like this! The products are great and the people are caring!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I bought 4 new tires at the Discount Tire in Collierville. I went into another location store and came out and had a flat. Of course the store was closed by that time. I should have known better to buy from a discounter.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I would like to preface this email by saying that I have purchased approximately 10 sets of tires from this particular store over the years however over the past couple of years have become very dissatisfied with the service I have received. I am very pleased with the selection that Discount Tire provides and have always found exactly what I am looking for. It appears to me that the problems that I have encountered have been with the staff including the store manager. About a year and a half ago I called and spoke with the store manager, Mark, and inquired about purchasing 2 trailer tires for a boat trailer. He informed me that he would order them and that it would take 3-5 business days for them to arrive but that he would call me when they had arrived.

Seven business days later I called the store to inquire about the tires as I had not heard from the store. I was greeted by Mark on the phone who advised that the tires were showing as arrived on the computer. He told me that he would walk to the back and put his hands on them and then call me back in 15 minutes. Mark never called back so I decided to order my tires from Discounttiredirect.com and have them shipped to my residence. I did so and they arrived 4-5 days later and I took them up to the Discount Tire store to have them installed on the trailer rims. Mark was not there when I dropped them off however did assist me when I picked them up. He checked me out and then ask why I didn’t purchase the tires from his store. I told him the story and he did apologize but ask me to give them another shot.

In November of last year I purchased a set of tires for a new car once again using Discounttiredirect.com and had them installed once again at the Mooresville location. Mark recognized me and once again ask me to reconsider purchasing tires from his location and keeping the money within the community. I assured him that on my next purchase I would go through his store and give them another shot. On 09/28/2018 I had set an appointment for tire installation after I did indeed purchase tires from the Mooresville store. My father took my car in to have the tires installed as I was involved with a family medical emergency. My only instructions to my father were not to purchase the tire certificates. Tires were installed and my father called me on his way home advising that everything had been taken care of.

I asked him specifically about the certificates to which replied that no one had even mentioned them to him. I returned home from the hospital on 09/29/2018 and looked over the receipt that evening only to find that I had been charged for 4 tire certificates. At this point I was very agitated with Discount Tire however did have a day to calm down as they were closed on Sunday. I returned to the store on Monday, Oct 1rst and spoke with Mark once again. I advised him that the tire certificates were never mentioned, just added to my sale. He advised that it was clearly an oversight because there were three people assisting my father in the installation and it was just an error on their part.

I could understand it being a simple error if this particular store had not done this to me in the past. On that occasion I did catch it before I left the store and had it removed immediately. Very shady used car salesman tactics used with these certificates which lead me to believe that there must be some type of incentive given to the salesperson who sells the most certificates.

I do not intend to purchase any tires from this particular store in the future as I am beginning to question their integrity. I do believe in the Discount Tire chain and will probably continue my purchases thru the Discounttiredirect.com website. I would hope that this email would initiate some concerns from your company and even some policy changes, especially when dealing with the tire certificates. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I would like to do what their ad states and that is throw my tires through the window! Bought new tires, the sales guy lied tried to upsell me, then they put them on but didn't balance them. I had to drive on a business trip from Denton to Austin at 60 mph when the speed limit is 75, stopped and got them balanced on my way home. 30 minutes later pressure in front is below 20, circle back rude behavior by all was told it was a valve issue. Next day first time I get in the car the pressure in another one is now down to 14! Drove to another store 10 miles out of town after I called to say I was coming and that I had to get to an appointment in 45 minutes, got there and was told there is a 45-minute wait! I'm so over this company, they have untrained people, obviously NO customer service experience, just want to sell, rush in the bays, don't think they know what they're doing! It's a joke, back to support locals for me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Left a fleet vehicle to have a simple screw taken out and repaired. Was told it would take an hour. I told rep I would wait and go get a cup of coffee and be back. Upon my return and after an hour and fifteen minutes I asked about the status and with a confused look and not seeming to be sure stated I was at top of the list. I told the individual just to return my keys as I couldn't wait any longer and by this time had wasted an hour and a half. He just returned my keys with complete disregard for the inconvenience with no apology or reason. Apparently, DT has so much business they don't care to take care of each and every customer. As I stated this was a fleet vehicle and they just lost more than one vehicle. I would not recommend this location and/or DT to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have used D.T. for years, since my first car. There have been a few times where the service was as expected, but the rest of the time I have had my time wasted and was lied to by the staff I was dealing with. One guy at Slaughter location in ATX told me after telling him I was going to take my car to get fixed 1st before purchasing the tires, he said the mechanic's wont work on my car til I get safe tires and that was a lie. Same guy different time I came in for a tire rotation and a leak in the tire that I had an appointment for, I was waiting for over an hour when I got my car and looked at it, the tires weren't rotated so they didn't even service it at all and I will never get that time back that I waited for nothing.

Also at this location I have gotten disrespected to on the phone by the same guy. Last tires I bought the service tech took the valve caps that was a gift from a friend. Today I was told that my warranty didn't apply to the tire because it was over 3000 miles since the last tire rotation, which isn't true. He was trying to get me to buy new tires. I am looking for a different place to go right now, not using Discount Tire again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I took my pick-up truck in for repair of a flat tire in the driver's side front. The young man who worked on my tire overtightened my lug nuts and broke one of them off. I told him I was leaving for a trip and he said my tire should be ok for a while. On my trip, my tire flew off and ruined my rotor and damaged my fender. Now wheel was damaged as is fell off. Towed, an extra night on the road, wheel replacement, all cost me over 800 dollars. My lawyer said I couldn't prove anything and so I have to live with this all because my lug nuts were over tight. The repair shop said that they could tell that my lug nuts were damaged by over-tightening.

I'll never go back. The young man who worked on my tire in the first place obviously didn't know how to control the impact wrench and put my tire on way too tight. My fender will stay bent and dented because I can't afford to pay more to fix my fender. A call to Discount Tire in Lawrence, Kansas resulted in a salesperson telling me that it was probably my fault for not double checking their work. Very frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had an appointment for today at 12:30, they didn't take my car into the garage until after one. And that was after I asked why my car was still in the parking lot. You would think I would be out within an hour total. But it was nearly two by the time they got done. What's the point in making an appointment if they're not going to be on time. We've done business with them for years. This is the first bad experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We have been using the Discount Tire located in Mesquite TX for over 15 years. This store has the best service and friendliness I ever encountered. I showed up at the store an hour after closing with a bubble on my tire and they never hesitated on taking me in. I Love this store. The staff went above and beyond their duties and did it with a smile. I will never go anywhere else. Thank you Discount Tire Mesquite TX on Galloway.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Went in to buy 4 new tires... First I was told it would be done at 2:00 PM... Car was still where I parked it at 1:55. Then 15 mins later some guy told me I had overtightened the lug nuts... About 2:30 the car is ready except surprise they broke the lug nut and did not tell me about it till they did and give me a voucher to have it fixed and another shop. OK so we go to other shop to have the lug nut repaired and I was told it was too busy and come back money around noonish... So I did. Now it noon turns into 1:30 to 1:45. This is wasting two days work for something that should have not took 1 hour at most. If they would have told me they were going to break the nut getting it off the rim I would have told them no and came back another day that was better for me. After all this I will never ever buy another tire from Discount Tire.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I purchased 4 new tires on February 5, 2018... a mere 5 months ago. My tread is now at the legal for safety with only 23,909 miles on the tire! I went to the same dealer location that put the tires on to receive terms of the certificate or warranty They did not want to honor either warranty for replacement without me needing to pay an additional 400.00. I spoke with Joey from the Livingston, Texas location. I am wanting to return my tires since obviously this is either a defective tire or one of below average quality. This will not stop here and I would appreciate a fair resolution without additional hassle.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I will never use Discount Tire again and I recommend nobody does. I bought brand new tires from them. Got a hole in one of them. Went to get the hole fixed. Waited 2 hours. After leaving got home. Holes not fixed. I called corporate. They told me to go back and get the hole fix. I go back. Manager comes out. Accuses me of grinding my tires for the warranty. I didn't think the tires are still under warranty. He said they should have just gave me a new tire anyways.

I don't know why they put me through all that hassle. I swore at that time I would not use Discount again. This was approximately 2 years ago. I had one of the tires I purchased from them get a bulge in it so I had my wife go to take care of it under warranty. They try to talk my wife into buying two brand new tires. Said my spare is bad and then yesterday my son went to go get a slow leak fixed. Went to Discount. They try to tell him, "You needed three brand new tires," I agree one of the tires was getting bald but the other two are in fine shape. I will not ever go to Discount. I will not send any of my family members. Horrible company and dishonest.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Issue: My back rear rims were ruined by Discount Tire. Background and story: We have been a customer for many years. We have purchased tires in the past for a total of 4 vehicles, including 2 sets of high dollar rims within the past 12 years. We have spent thousands of dollars if you add up the total costs. We were loyal customers to Discount Tire due to their excellent service and competitive pricing. Our local store in Alcoa, TN is all we use and always urge friends and family to use them.

I sent my car into Discount Tire on a Saturday to repair nails in both left and right rear of my tires. We arrived at 4:30pm to get them repaired (unfortunately with my work schedule, this is the only time and day available for me and have been accommodated with this schedule in the past). Knowing the store closed in 30 minutes, I was reassured they would have it done before they left for the day. I decided to walk across the street to have dinner and advised the associate there was no rush and he could leave the spare key in the car and would pick my car up when my dinner was over. When I picked up my car at approximately 6pm, we noticed several dents, scratches and black chipping all around both rims on both the back tires that were repaired. Since they were already closed and also closed on Sunday, we couldn't address the issue until Monday morning.

My husband brought the vehicle back for the associate to look at before going to work on Monday. The associate kept suggesting that the wheels had been curbed. Despite the fact my husband has been a ASE certified mechanic for almost 20 years, including a mechanic for the US Army, he knows what it looks like when a rim or rims has hit a curb. The tires would show damage as well if this was the case. Also, even if I did hit a curb on both sides of the tires, the tires protrude out too far to touch the rim. Both wheels have identical damage and scoring which would be impossible to do at all, let alone in a day. And there is no damage to the tires.

We asked the associate to replace the rims since they are now damaged and dented and he insisted us against filing a claim and offered us to have it buffed and repainted instead. When we refused and insisted on replacing the rims of the same type, he warned us that the claims department liked to get attorneys involved. He also told me this could take several weeks to settle.

Fact: I have rounded edged rims and it is obvious that when the technician removed the tire from the rim, he did not use the proper equipment for a rounded edge rim. This resulted in damage to my two back rims. We have taken pictures of the damaged rims when we got home on Saturday as well as pictures of the undamaged and unmarked tires. I contacted the corporate office in Arizona to get quicker response and they told us to email them a quote for two replacement rims. We didn't hear a word for 3 weeks and every time we tried to call or email, the claims person was out or unavailable.

Finally, today after numerous calls and emails, we got a response and they claim they will only reimburse us for one rim and claim it was because it was our fault that we curbed them. What my theory is or just one theory, they didn't realize the cost to replace the rims and blame me for it. What I don't understand is, if they are going to blame me for the damage, why offer to pay for only one rim.

Well once again, here's my theory: Like I stated earlier, they didn't realize the cost of stock rims on a 12 year old BMW. Now, we got to figure out how to come up with the other $397.00 for the other rim. I am not looking for any type of extra monetary amounts. I just want Discount Tire to admit and replace the two rims they damaged. I take pride in all I have and to some it may seem meniscal but, I do not have very many nice things in my life but what I do have, I take pride in and take care of. I will never use Discount Tire again nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have never dealt with a company so ridiculous! First we order rims online, only to be told they are no longer available. We order different ones. No one calls us back. They finally get the second order but they're not the right ones, and again, no one called. I had to keep calling and sitting on hold for extensive periods of time. We, finally got our rims, after a month of this bs and we are supposed to be getting a rebate. Of course, that hasn't come either, though their page shows it was mailed out on 6-30, today is 7-10. I will NEVER do business with this place again and I would NEVER recommend anyone else does!

Original review: June 27, 2018

One word to describe my experience at three different Discount Tire stores; Incompetent. I've been through enough with these morons so I'll spare the reader of this review and spare myself from once again writing the pathetic details. Long story short, I do not believe this company should be allowed to conduct the business of handling such an important aspect of an automobile. Those doing the work are all high school age and I truly believe most are stoned. If they're not stoned, I'm leaving the country before these idiots enter adulthood.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Purchased a set last year for Hyundai Elantra. So far so good. Wears well in slick streets. Sometimes I notice a strange feeling in steering but not sure of cause.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I was told they fix your tire for free. After my tire was removed they said the tire couldn’t be replaced and gave me a price for a new tire. I told them I wasn’t able to purchase a tire presently. The guy said, "I cannot put the same tire back on." I said, "Why not?" He said, "Because I just can’t. The tire is peeling and eaten up." I said, "Ok. I will get it fixed but not today."

He insisted he couldn’t put it back on, he then said it was unsafe and wouldn’t put it back on. I said, "What am supposed to do? I don’t have the money for a tire and it’s my ex husband. You didn’t tell me if you couldn’t fix it you wouldn’t put it back." I said, "Well I don’t have the money and I had a tire before I came." He then put a used tires on my car that was a different size and said that all he had. They lure you in with offering to fix your tire for free, then tell you they can’t put your tire back on which forces you to purchase a new tire... This is a scam! I conversed with this guy for 19 mins before he put the small tire on with the rationale of a spare would be smaller as well. This is sad. I will never patronize Discount Tire again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Went in to get a set of new tires. When they were taking my tires off they bent one off the rims. They made me aware of the bent rim but would do nothing about it, or in the corporate world just dance around and say I hit a hole and they didn’t do it so it would hurt their bottom line. Now I’m out the money for the rim. If anyone wants to start a class action lawsuit on them, I still got the rim and pictures of the rim and machine they did it on. So if they bent your rim or rims maybe we can get them to pay for the damages.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Had tire issue and was able to get rolling again... Thanks for your great and timely service!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was on a road trip from Houston to Minnesota and had a flat tire. When I arrived at the Discount Tire store located on 5280 Central Ave NE Columbia Heights, MN 55421, the assistant manager, **, was very helpful and nice with his service. We needed to have our tire replaced immediately since we were in a hurry and he offered to change the tire himself for us without needing us to wait. 10/10 recommend to go to this store!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I purchased a set of tires for approx 700.00. I told Discount Tire to order Nokian Hankook. They order some cheap off brand in which the word Russia was misspelled. I assume these were second hand tires. I also purchased a warranty to cover any problems with the tires. Not only did they sell me cheap tires and charged original price, they also stated I had to pay two separate prices because I bought tires at two different times. The man who waited on me told me not to pay until the other tires come in. Really! Wow, know how to sock it to a customer. I see be conveniently does not work there anymore. Wonder why? The guys there all look at me like I'm crazy. There was a manager who came out and some with me because I was so upset about being ripped off!

He made up a story to try and calm me down. Haaa I had to laugh, I guess he thought I was an idiot! Or something. The other tire place I took my car to said he did not know where they got the tires and they were no good from the start. My tires last less than 6 months and ironically the warranty did not cover for what they referred to as "road haz". Hum. That must be taught in training. How to make up ** to make the customer pay. I think, Discount Tire should be shut down. I am going to write the Attorney General and list it on BBB. I hope, the ratings fall and some questioned why everyone is saying the same thing and nothing is being done about it. Sounds like a common occurrence with all Discount Tire stores. Very "P" off!!!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was on a trip across MN when I had a tread blow off a 2 year old Discount Tire. I put the spare doughnut on and limped to the Discount Tire in St. Cloud. I explained these were Discount Tires but that didn't seem to matter whatsoever. I told the guy who checked me in to just put on a new tire on my rim and I will switch the spare and the wheel with the new tire because I was on a trip and had nowhere to go. 5 HOURS!!! Later they got to putting a new tire on a wheel that was off the car. It took me 5 minutes to switch the spare out and I was then able to continue my journey...I had to sit in the parking lot for 5 hours for this guy to do 10 minutes of work. BAD Management...

Original review: May 17, 2018

Pleasant to do business with. Bought a set of 70,000 miles tires, at about 26,000 thousand of use had them rotated at 8000 mile intervals, last rotation they stated need new set of tires, with just 26,000 miles on them. They did not offer to Warranty them. Just wanted to sell me a new set. Will not buy another tire from them again.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was having my truck serviced at Tempe Toyota and they found a nail in one of my tires and they plugged it. I do not use plugs so I asked them where the closest tire place was and they told me there is a tire store in Chandler, Discount Tire and I went and purchased a new tire. I have used DT for approx. 25 years because of the warranty and have replaced all of my tires on the 7 trucks that I have owned.

We recently moved to the Show Low area in October and had a flat tire which we took to the DT in Show Low. My wife picked it up and I saw that there was a plug. Now I'm stuck with a fairly new tire with a plug. Originally I went to DT because of how they repaired the tires. This tire is under warranty and should have been replaced not plugged, which I consider very dangerous. I will sever my ties with DT and purchase new tires from BIG O. Big O is one of the worst tire places in America and I'm forced to do business with them because that is all there is in this town.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Hello, I recently purchased tires for my 2005 F-150 at one of your Fort Collins, CO stores. After driving back home to Alamosa, CO I noticed my mileage went from almost 17 mpg to 12 mpg, which I wrote off to high winds. When the mileage problem persisted, I went to my mechanic who noticed I had new tires that were the wrong size for my truck.

I contacted the Colorado/Wyoming regional office and expressed my dissatisfaction and was contacted shortly after by my salesman Robert from the Fort Collins store. Robert (**) helped me to find a store near Alamosa and to get the correct sized tires sent to the Pueblo, CO store. No hemming and hawing about why I wanted to change, even after I explained I had put 1,850 miles on that set of tires. Just, “Let’s get this fixed and you happy.” Christopher (**) at the Pueblo store was very helpful in making an appointment for me, made sure that I was serviced on time (since I drove 125 miles to get there) and had me out heading home within an hour.

I got 12.5 mpg on the way to get my tires changed and 16.3 mpg on the return trip. I want to thank all involved and your company for living up to their promise of: “If ever you’re not satisfied with one of our tires, please feel free to bring it back.” Your company and employees have certainly made that true and I will be back after telling my family and friends where to buy tires. Thank you.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I bought a set of Pirelli tires $900.00 supposedly an upgrade from BF Goodrich according to the Discount salesman. 22k miles later they blamed me for the tires wearing out. Expected me to buy more pro-rated. What a ripoff. The tires were supposedly 45k tires. I will never buy another tire from Discount again! I wish I could pick 0 stars.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Brought the car in to fix a simple flat tire. The threads are still good. Discount Tire refused to fix the flat tire saying the tire was too old and wanted to me to buy a new tire... Sorry, no more Discount Tire.

Original review: April 27, 2018

First of all I would like to start with me saying I have been a long time loyal customer for over 20 years... I purchase some tires about 6 months ago and have a tire that wore out prematurely... I was told by a Discount manager that my vehicle was the problem probably a wheel alignment problem... when I purchase my tires 6 months ago they failed to mention to me that this might cause my tires to failed prematurely. Anyway I had to purchase a new tire. No discounts. Nothing. No help. Basically told me they It was my fault. Well Discount Tire you have lost me as a customer. 20 years of purchasing tires and this is what I get. Really disappointed.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I work on cars and always send my friends when they ask me where to replace their tires to Discount tires. Lately, I’ve been very disappointed. I haven’t received the warranty as promised, and my friends that had service with them have been screwed up. After a 4 tire replacement, it’s stated that 45k is the warranty of the tires. I have been given a coupon From Discount Tires for alignment, and alignment has been done right after installing the new tires. Now after less than 3k, the front tires are worn out. Of course the representative at the shop did not approve the warranty stating that is a alignment issue (even though alignment was done from the advice from D.T. shop and coupon was given since all 4 tires were replaced.). Tires are worn from in and out almost equally. Now instead a warranty, I’ve been offered an expensive deal.

Another story: I’ve sent a friend to DT to have her tire plugged from a tiny nail, Because D.T. advertise free plug on a nail hole. (Be aware) Her tires were like new Michelin, D.T. ended up charging her and replacing 4 new tires, stating that the hole was too big. (Even though it did hold enough air while driven to the shop). Even worst, All 4 tires had to be replaced because of the 4 wheel drive. In 4 wheel drive, all the tires have to be equally worn otherwise the transmission would be damaged.

2 years later, one of the 4 tires blow out on the freeway. Luckily my friend survived and went to the shop. Of course Discount Tires replaced ONE tire, not all 4 as they’ve stated it will ruin the transmission on a 4 wheel drive vehicle if not equal. Now one tire does not match the other 3. Not even a word about 4 wheel drive that can be damaged if one of the tire is not matching the others. Discount tire simply has their Discount name but is a cheap company screwing up people and trying to get away the cheapest they can by selling their bad unsafe products. I would never recommend them again.

Discount Tire Company Information