3.9/5 (527 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Top Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Verified

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare ...

Verified

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday w...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
  • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
  • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
  • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
  • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
  • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
  • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
  • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
  • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
  • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
  • Medium: $100 to $750
  • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Good day. I am a retired Marine and I just wanted to share my experience that I have had dealing with discount tires mostly in Jacksonville North Carolina where I retired. I have been using Discount Tire for some years now and they just keep being better and better. When I relocated hearer to Juliette GA, I was concerned that I wouldn't get the same level of professional help I was getting with Robert and Chris from Discount Tire in Jacksonville NC. Garret, Brandon and a couple of more employees here at the Macon store has proven that the level of professionalism, attention to details and yet make you feel like they hear and understand you and they respond very well to your situation. To sum this is up Discount Tire will always get every cent of my money when I need a service that they can provide to me and my family. Thank you Discount Tire for being awesome.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

My car was riding bad, my coworker came in and told me my tire looked low. We put air in and we could hear the air come right back out ugh!!! I drove to Discount Tires in Gilbert AZ. This was the BEST Customer service that I’ve ever experienced! From the person that checked my tires to the manager. From the greeting to the work that was done on my car was amazing! They explained every step. They are friendly, not all in your face trying to oversell you on something, nope they are all about safety and how they can help. I appreciate everyone there. They got me back on the road safely. I will refer all of my family & friends.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Winter is here in Montana. Our local store is swamped. Nevertheless, the employees are consistently, simultaneously speedy and polite, even with "demanding" customers who got caught off guard by the first snowfall. I have been amazed by the professionalism displayed in this store for years and they have never disappointed. If your tire change is during the busy season, plan ahead for a wait, because everyone is trying to be safe on the roads, just like you are. And appreciate the Discount Tire folks, because they are fantastic.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I have done business with Discount Tire off and on nearly 40 years and NEVER have been disappointed but have decided since, I'll not go anywhere else. Just today, I went in, to this store (Loop 323 Tyler) with my low tire pressure light issue other than low pressure. One of the young men ended up having to reset the sensors at no cost to me. I had gone in expecting to find out I had a damaged TPMS unit (previously had found out they all checked good) and spend at least $50 - $70. The people who work for (and have worked for) Discount Tire have always been extremely courteous. They treat their customers as they would want to be treated. Thank you, Discount Tire for always being there when I needed Tire replacement/repair.

By the way everyone, they do stand by their tire warranties. Several years ago, I had a tire on my car which ended up with a broken belt, ready to buy a new one because I had rolled out all the warranty. As it turned out I had two tires that way and they replaced both of them for the cost of the tire warranty ($6 those days). The tires were 35,000-mile tires and I had just finished those miles on those tires. Best deal I ever got. If anyone is looking for a reliable place to get their tires, you can't go wrong with Discount Tire! Trust me!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I do most of my transactions at the branch in Lake City, Florida as they seem to have the best customer service out of the different locations I have been in. 98% of the time they will honor the warranty you can purchase with the purchase of the tires. I have had to use my warranty multiple times to get tires replaced. It is hit or miss on whether it is covered (depending on which CSR (Customer Service Rep) you get). They do take a while to get the job done which isn't always a bad thing as they do take the time to compare the stats (pros/cons) of each brand tire they have in stock and they can get for you.

The primary issue I have encountered through them is that they will quote you a time period and then take double that to get the actual job done. If you go here, make sure you allot yourself at least 1-2 hours to be waiting. Start to finish. On the other hand, staff is very friendly/professional and clean (appearance). The office/lobby is clean and tidy. I feel comfortable letting my toddler roam around because it is clean, spacious and nothing for him to get into.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Took my daughter's car in while she was on leave and she has satin black bbs wheels, she had low miles on tires so we asked to keep them and place in car, she wanted more aggressive tires, she arrived home and no tires and noticed two major circular scratches on 2 wheels on one side, they were deep and large. Called shop instantly and they asked for pics as they were closing and not to return, sent them and daughter had to drive to base in Co. so I called Monday as this was a Saturday.

They said never got email so I repeated and sent multiple times and this went on, as I spoke to manager over this he stated never got pics but mentioned after looking at them he said it was a employee did not use right item to mount. I asked why he said he never looked at pics but then he said oh I meant most likely, he lied. Another employee said they will not replace wheels that cost 2 grand each and sue us. Mentioned spoiled military getting discount and complaining, was in shock after 45 years of using them.. Disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

I usually visit to Discount Tire store. Just depends on what part of town I’m in. Both locations are in San Antonio, and the first location is on 281 N. I stopped in for a tire rotation, And they broke one of the Lugnuts. They had a contract with brake check to replace the lug nut. Brake check did a good job, but as a walk in I had to wait 2 1/2 hours. The second location is closer to my home. The location is on Nacogdoches Rd., and I went in just for tire pressure. The tire pressure on my car is 33/35. They pumped the tires and set my pressure @ 38/40. I understand pumping a little extra air during cold season, tire pressure tester vary, but 5 PSI over is way too much. My car has a tire pressure monitor, so when I got home I went to adjust the tire pressure. The attendant never replaced the tire stem caps on the passenger side. They just lost a $1200 sale over two dollars worth of stem cabs.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

900 N location in Las Vegas Nevada is FANTASTIC!! I called to see if they could fix my flat tire. They said bring it down. They looked at it. Said it couldn't be fixed where the hole was replaced with spare. Free of charge. FANTASTIC!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

So disappointing... I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars at the Discount Tire in Henderson, NV. off of Windmill Parkway and have been a loyal customer for decades. Recently, something went missing in my vehicle when I got it serviced and I noticed it the same day. I called to make a complaint and the front desk rep at this certain location had a behavior like I was lying or I was making a ridiculous claim. Wow. That will be the last time I ever step foot in their establishment ever again for not taking theft from a customer by their staff with any kind of action. What a jerk. Apparently, he approves of this type of staff behavior. Beware people.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Tire rotation messed up lug nut, put one on that was long. Hubcap not flush because of long lugnut. No one told me, I found it, Tire pressures all different. Tires not rotated to correct positions. I marked my tires and one was left in original spot. Valve stem caps lost an replaced with 3 different ones...or just left off entirely. Told by manager that he would Personally oversee the process...Tire pressures were all different and one way over inflated and tires not rotated correctly...Two tires not rotated at all. Will personally oversee Yeah right. Called Corporate about all the crap from 3 tire rotations gone wrong. Crickets, never called me back. Discount Tire in Lufkin Texas and Livingston Texas are horrible. Lufkin being the worst. Had to go to Beaumont TX to get it done right. Now my tires are wearing unevenly cause of the bad rotation or No rotation. Nothing from Corporate...They are worthless. Go somewhere else.

Discount Tire Company Information