2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.20/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Discount Tire Learn More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: May 21, 2020

5/21/20. These folks are great. Super fast, friendly and competent service. You can even make an appt! I found set of same tires, online, at a lower price, and these folks honored the lower price with no questions! Of course, you have to show the link for price verification - hey, that's only fair! I drove the car off lot, took onto rough interstate and the tires/balance was excellent. No issues. These folks seem genuine, offer a really good deal for an extended warranty, best I've ever seen. Anyway, I'd shop around for sure, but, to get the fastest, friendly and competent service, I'd give Discount Tire a second look. Feel free to email me, **, I'm a real customer and would be glad to answer any questions---- I'm this impressed.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I dropped my car off at Discount Tire on Oak and Scottsdale Rd to fix a flat and rotate all 4 tires. Upon pick up I was told that the flat tire was patched instead of replaced and I was all set to go. When I went out to my car I noticed that one of my aftermarket wheels were scratched and that it was a brand new tire put on versus my old tire patched. I went back inside and talked to Jake (who wasn't the one who originally helped me from the beginning) and he quickly apologized for the confusion and took full responsibility for someone else's mistake and rectified the issue by getting my wheel resurfaced the next day free of charge. Jake showed that his goal was to help me as a customer, he took ownership of a mistake that he didn't cause and did everything in his power to make it right. He didn't argue, blame anyone else, he did it all with a smile.

Normally when the tire is not fixable, under warranty, and needs replacing I pay the cost of the new tires warranty which is 50 bucks, due to the inconvenience and confusion Jake didn't charge me for the new tire and made sure that the new tire had a warranty before I left the shop. When I had my wheel resurfaced I asked Jake if the company he used could fix another wheel that I had road rashed a year prior and I would pay for that wheel separately. Jake quickly called and made it happen. I was thoroughly impressed with Jake's excellent customer service and wanted to let someone know how valuable of an employee he is to Discount Tire.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated his help, positive attitude, and again his outstanding customer service. More people in this customer service industry need to be like Jake, he is awesome!!! Jake made sure I didn't leave with a scratched wheel and a tire that didn't have a warranty. Somebody give this guy a raise because he highly exceeded my expectations and put the customer first!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Quick service. I had a flat in one of my tires before work and decided to check which one using a gauge. Proceeded in going to the gas station and filled it up until morning since I work the night shift. I went to DT and they charge me $160/tire for Michelin Defenders T+H. Prior, I had them inspect the car because I already inspected it and found that there was dry rot and a nail on both the rear tires.

One tire needed to be replaced because of inner shoulder puncture, while the other is normal tread repair. My decision to buy new tires is because I had another tire flat when I was in Michigan and it was plugged. Had a bad experience with tire plugs because when the weather is hot, hissing noise comes from the newly plugged unless the weather was cold, which sealed it. That would mean that 3 of my tires would have been plugged with 28,000 miles on them. I proceeded in buying four tires for $950 (+ tax, warranty, etc.) in North Austin. I'm astounded that the new tires has a comfort ride vs. my old tires which were Dunlop Signature CS.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I just wanted to point out that Drayton at Discount Tires, Tega Cay, SC 29708 was most helpful, knowledgeable, and trustworthy with helping me today. I called before-hand because my low air pressure in the tires light went on a few days ago, though I had replaced four tires recently. Honestly, this low pressure in the tires light has gone on and off ever since I got it, and I just would take it into the dealer and they would re-set it. This time, I decided to try a new place, Discount Tires, for getting all my tires replaced, and I thought they did a fantastic job, for the tire selection for my particular make and model of car was spot on. Drayton said they broke the sensor (I think it was likely shoddy from when I purchased the car) and that he offered to fix it right away.

15 minutes later, free of charge, I had the issue fixed and the light was off. The main thing was that the tire pressure was indeed just fine. I appreciate that they were concerned for my safety and asked me to bring the car in promptly. What a fantastic business, in that they were also concerned that they did a proper job in replacing all the tires! Thank you Drayton. I hope to come to Discount Tires as much as possible.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I first visited Discount Tire a few months ago to get new tires. They surprised me with great service, tires, and prices. This morning I made an unplanned visit on the way to work because of a nearly flat tire. It was early and they already had several customers waiting. They opened 5 minutes after I got there and had enough service reps to immediately take care of my problem. Because I was going to be late for work, they put my car in first. The tire was checked, patched, and tires rotated before I could even catch up on work emails (less than 15 min). And the best part was there was no charge. Granted I had the tire protection warranty, but not sure that it would've cost much or anything just for the plug.

The best part is that the person who serviced the tire came out, showed me the small piece of metal that had pierced the tire and reviewed everything with me. Her service was incredible as was the service rep who first helped and then later provided an update on my car. All I can say is WOW! It doesn't get much better than that. Discount Tire is Highly Recommended. -William

Original review: July 3, 2020

I bought tires 2 weeks ago to the day. I have been back 7 or 8 times cause the tires hop as I drive. They have done everything to try and fix and today they put 4 different tires on and it still does this. They say my rims are not bent and I had to take it to another garage and have them write something saying my tires were bad before they exchanged them. These tires ride tougher than the others and I still have the hop in it as I’m driving. I will never use them again. This was my first experience with them but will be the last after they fix this. Every time I’ve went back they say it’s the road force or needed more weights. I believe that both those should have been done the first time not every time I went there. Beware and stay away from these people.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I replaced a flat tire with a new one at Discount Tire today. I have 3 issues with the service I received: (1) The pressure on the new tire was less than the minimum recommended by my car maker and I got a warning of low pressure from my car as I was driving home, had to refill it myself. (2) The new tire was placed on a front wheel (where the flat tire was) but when I looked at the receipt from Discount Tire, it has printed on it the following recommendation: "When replacing less than four tires, Discount Tire recommends that the new tires will be placed on the rear axle of the vehicle". Which means they didn't follow their own recommendation. (3) When I called to speak to the manager I was placed on hold indefinitely. (This review replaces a shorter version I wrote a few hours ago today.)

Original review: June 27, 2020

I went over to change my tires to some other rims I had bought. Each set of rims had TPMS sensors in them... Upon looking at my old rims after the change they had completely and purposefully broken off the TPMS sensors and taken them. I did not authorize this in any way and paid more than 100$ for them. Called and they refused to accept that I didn't authorize it.... Very disappointed with service.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Spoke with store manager Ryan ** at the Crestwood, IL location for 2 new tires. He only had 1 tire available and understood that it was urgent to replace them being an essential worker it's necessary that I get to work safely. So he referred me to the Westmont, IL store, where 2 tires were available. I made an appointment the next day and was serviced within 30min. They provided safe and efficient service. As I left I noticed one of weights adhesive had not adhered to the wheel. I spoke with the manager Jason, who was very professional and who personally checked each wheel. Very pleased from start to finish. Thank you Discount Tire.

Resolution response: June 16, 2020

Returned after calling manager and posting review and they repaired the tire without further problems.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Purchased a set of Michelin tires for my Ranger at the Hollywood Park Discount store in San Antonio little over a year ago. Rear tire had nail in it so I sent my grandson with the truck. He was told they couldn't find any record of the tires being purchased there, but would fix the flat... with the "warning" that if they could find anything else wrong with the tire they would not put it back on the truck and he would have to purchase a new tire. This scare/threat tactic is supposedly to assure safety for the customer but sounds a whole lot more like an unethical sleazy sales tactic. I called the manager and was given the same poor answer. Clearly they don't honor their warranties and their sales tactics are low level and questionable. I will never again purchase tires from Discount. Sam's Club has much higher standards and far better customer care.

Discount Tire Company Information