2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.47/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

BOTTOM LINE

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

PROS
  • Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available
CONS
  • Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Top Discount Tire Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare across tire brands at my request. One day turnaround on ordered tires. Prompt with appointment times.

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday without a way to get to work. This store has MY business for the rest of my life!

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
    • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
    • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
    • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
    • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
    • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
    • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
    • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
    • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
    • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
    • Medium: $100 to $750
    • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
    Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
    Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
    Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
    Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
    The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
    Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
    Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

So, it was a very difficult day w/my tire damaged, a donut on my wheel... driving in Vegas and out of all the locations I chose to make an appointment at, it was the most amazing experience I could ever ask for as a customer. Now I've had a real good experience at Discount Tire in Bullhead City Arizona... Never ever expected the service to get even more excellent but it did and out of all places in Vegas. My salesperson "Randell P." Was so good to me it was like he came from my perspective of what it would be like for him if it was his car and his flat tire! He just got me w/out me telling him anything. He gave me a good deal, they were fast...

I walked over to a store for lunch, brought it back and by the time I unwrapped the salad, put my eggs and dressing in - they were done! Absolutely mindblowing! It does help if you arrive at least 20 minutes to take care of any unexpected issues and that was what I did. They are way busy and still found a way to serve me w/out waiting for a long time. I came out a complete winner, so happy, and they saved me a lot of money considering people are suffering financially b/c of Covid-19. Thank you so much - I will always remember this insane service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I search for a couple of days online and via phone looking for a set of decent all season tires which handle well in snow. Also looked at a tire which offered a long tread warranty and found it in a General tire. We had first went with a local big box store who has a tire service center but due to being told wrong info about how well the tire we were sold would handle in snow, wet conditions and we later found out on consumer reports and customers' reviews that this tire was not very good in snow we canceled the order and found a much better set with Discount tire.

We did buy Certificates which will be honored after 3 years per the manager and tire geeks in garage and I also contacted the corporate office to run the extension on the years past them and to keep their customers happy I was told per Cooper and Jerrad at the store they will work with customers up to 6 years to replace worn out tires in order to keep their customers happy and keep coming back, now that is a good company but time will tell if they are being honest about the extension on warranty or not, I had them write the extension and sign their name on my receipts. Clean showroom, waiting area, no coffee or water due to Covid I guess. Staff was very helpful, knowledgeable. Very busy place.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I discovered Discount Tires 4 years ago after a very bad service experience at Costco tire shops. I have found their pricing in subsequent tire set replacement to be overall less expensive, many times by hundreds of dollars, than any other major retailer/wholesale club. No attempt to up-sale but rather informed recommendations based on your car and driving needs.

The dedication to onsite service excellence, follow up reminders for rotations, seasonal suggestions, free anytime pressure checking to be far and away better than anything I have experienced in the past (owning cars for 60 plus years that a lot of experience). Most impressive is the staff from the front counter to the technicians. The locations are clean, bright and consumer friendly. Last week was the 4th set of tires, multiple cars and grandchildren gifts, I will recommend without hesitation this company.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Spoke with store manager Ryan ** at the Crestwood, IL location for 2 new tires. He only had 1 tire available and understood that it was urgent to replace them being an essential worker it's necessary that I get to work safely. So he referred me to the Westmont, IL store, where 2 tires were available. I made an appointment the next day and was serviced within 30min. They provided safe and efficient service. As I left I noticed one of weights adhesive had not adhered to the wheel. I spoke with the manager Jason, who was very professional and who personally checked each wheel. Very pleased from start to finish. Thank you Discount Tire.

Original review: May 21, 2020

5/21/20. These folks are great. Super fast, friendly and competent service. You can even make an appt! I found set of same tires, online, at a lower price, and these folks honored the lower price with no questions! Of course, you have to show the link for price verification - hey, that's only fair! I drove the car off lot, took onto rough interstate and the tires/balance was excellent. No issues. These folks seem genuine, offer a really good deal for an extended warranty, best I've ever seen. Anyway, I'd shop around for sure, but, to get the fastest, friendly and competent service, I'd give Discount Tire a second look. Feel free to email me, **, I'm a real customer and would be glad to answer any questions---- I'm this impressed.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Background: My vehicle is a 2019 Ford F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4x4. The original tires were Goodyear All Terrain Kevlar 275/70/18. Approximately 28k miles and the tires had just begun to measure in the yellow. Proactively, I went to Discount Tire to replace them. I ordered BF Goodrich KO2's in the original 275/70/18 online to be installed at Discount Store at 3869 Washington Rd, Augusta GA. I have owned several sets of KO2's with no issues. I have been a customer of Discount Tire for many years.

March 12, 2021: I arrived at Discount Tire at 3869 Washington Rd to have my new tires installed. Installer brought my keys and told me all tires balanced well. Left to head out of town and It was obvious that something was wrong with the balance and/or the tires. The vibration could be felt in the steering wheel and the seat. It was significant.

March 15, 2021: Returned to Discount Tire at 3869 Washington Rd to discuss issues. Tires were checked and found one of the tires was so bad it couldn't be balanced on the Hunter Road Force balancer. (If this was true then how was it ever balanced on the 12th?) That tire was removed and replaced, all other tires checked. The installer brought me my keys and told me everything balanced out well. Within 5 minutes of driving it was obvious that the issues had not been fixed. Wandering and vibration that could be felt in the seat (not so much in the steering wheel) making the truck shake between 35-50mph. Every bit as significant as before.

March 16, 2021: Called to speak to location manager. Discussed the issues and my disappointment. Store Manager stated that sometimes tires are just not right for a certain vehicle and that we may want to switch to another tire. I told the Manager that thousands of F-250's run with KO2's without issue. Manager stated that sometimes it's better to move to a different tire. He recommended Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Manager commented this was his go to tire. We made an appointment for 3/19 to trade out the tires.

March 19, 2021: Arrived at Discount Tire at 3869 Washington Rd to swap the tires out. Paid an additional $212.50 for the Nitto's which was fine if they helped fix the issues. Walked to the truck with representative to inspect the tires. Found significant damage to one wheel (Chrome scratched, removed, gouged on wheel edge) and pointed it out. Another wheel had the chrome cladding delaminated but not yet torn off. Representative stated "It happens on wheels like this", they are just chrome cladded. I stated it didn't happen when Ford installed them. Nitto's were installed and the installer brought me the keys stating that this time they were balanced perfectly. With 5 minutes of drive time it was once again obvious that the tires were incorrectly balanced. Again shake at between 35-50Mph felt primarily in the seat.

March 20, 2021: Stopped at the Discount Tire store at 4538 Washington Rd to ask for help. Maybe their machines were better calibrated than the store at 3869 Washington Rd, Set up an appointment for Monday to check the balance. March 22, 2021: Went to Discount Tire at 4538 Washington Rd. All four tires were checked through the same Hunter Road Force balancing process. 3 of the 4 tires were found to be out of balance. March 30, 2021: Claim filed through Discount Tire Customer Service for damage to wheels. Explained that Discount Tire were the only individuals to ever touch the tires/rims since buying the truck new and zero damage existed prior to the beginning of this ordeal.

April 1, 2021: Received this reply from Discount Tire Customer Service: "The investigation into the above referenced claim is now complete. According to the review by Discount Tire there is no evidence that any tools used or service provided by Discount Tire damaged your vehicle. For Discount Tire to issue any type of compensation, the company would have to be found liable for the damage to your vehicle. At this time, we have found no liability on behalf of the company. Based on this information Discount Tire is not accepting liability for the damage to your vehicle and, will not be issuing any voluntary payments at this time."

I know this review is long, but so was the ordeal with Discount Tire. I have never had an experience like this, in the 35 years prior to this of buying tires I would go in and pick out a set of tires, they put them on and I drove away without any issues...not this time. I very rarely feel compelled to leave reviews as typically the service I receive meets my expectations. I write this to make others aware. Ultimately, I took the tires back to Discount tire and they refunded my purchase price but refused to pay for the over $900 of damage to my wheels... Never Again...

Original review: April 7, 2021

I had ordered a tire recommended by the computer site...it was out of stock or not the correct tire as it happens. The people at Discount Tire and Jeff gave me an upgrade to the tire I had ordered. I have bought from Discount Tire for years (maybe at different locations) & I have never encounter a problem they could not address. Thank you Discount Tire team... Treasa

Original review: April 7, 2021

I've been there twice in the last month for their "Free" flat repair. Both times I was told they were un-repairable. Both times other, reputable tire stores repaired them. One time they told me it was because of government regulations. I searched several federal, state, and local sites and could not find anything to their claim. If they want to make a company policy that they won't repair under those conditions, fine, but don't have your employees lie about regs. Can you say bait and switch?

Original review: March 20, 2021

Saturday - Called 1st to confirm they could have my new tires mounted to my bare wheels (already off vehicle and ready for drop off). Was assured that even though they were busy, they could accommodate. Arrived 15 minutes later to drop them off. Was again told they would have them done same day. It was 1:40PM but they said they would be working late (to about 7) and would call me when done - that day! I called @ 6PM, no answer. I drove there, arriving @ 6:30. Closed, no signs of life. Called and left message. THEY DID NOT CALL ME. NOT OPEN SUNDAYS. Where are my wheels and tire? Beyond pissed at lack of communication. There are 10 other tire stores in the immediate area. So unprofessional.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I made an appointment online confirmed via my email and confirmation number. Told when I signed in it would be at least an hour. This is due to walk ins seemingly taking precedent over appointments. So as I stated in description appointments are moot for this business. Bad service!

Discount Tire Company Information