Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Top Discount Tire Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare ...

Verified

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday w...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
  • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
  • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
  • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
  • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
  • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
  • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
  • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
  • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
  • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
  • Medium: $100 to $750
  • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Just introduced to Discount Tire in Kansas City and had to immediately replace a tire with a screw in it. Couldn't repair, so checked their options and decided on a mid-to-higher level quality tire for my passenger rear. They were quite quick and helpful, but... they didn't tell me about warranty options while I overheard others discussing it and was disappointed that I wasn't suggested such an option.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Discount Tire on Westport Road in Louisville, KY is a pleasant Tire Repair Shop to have your automotive work completed. Myself and or my family have had 4 or 5 sets of tire replaced at this location, trailer tire completed and even complete brake work completed. We have been very happy with the workmanship, the pricing and the willingness of the management team to work with us to find the best possible pricing.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I used to be Discount Tire customer for long time. In 2015 my daughter ordered a rim for her car and paid in full, meanwhile we sold the car and never collect the Rim. Time passes by and need tires were for another vehicle. I went to the same store we ordered the rim but they couldn't give me the credit for what we paid for the rim. I stop dealing with Discount tire. Few years back I wrote to customer service regarding what happened long time back, Surprisingly Regional Manager TOOK TIME to called me, first apologized then gave me a credit more than what we paid for the RIM.

Last week I wanted a some tires and did search online. DT was not the lowest, but the online chat Rep: Ms. ** was great to find the tires I wanted and discounted to match the competition and to make me feel important. Store guy was great to inform me lots I never knew regard to tires, then gave me the Rebate coupon too. Finally rebate offer number did not work, again chat online they even filled my rebate coupon and gave the confirmation number. Things have changed a lot. If one employee is great then it's That person but when it's happening thru out many steps it's coming down from top. It was a more than money's worth purchasing experience.. Thank you guys.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I had ordered a tire recommended by the computer site...it was out of stock or not the correct tire as it happens. The people at Discount Tire and Jeff gave me an upgrade to the tire I had ordered. I have bought from Discount Tire for years (maybe at different locations) & I have never encounter a problem they could not address. Thank you Discount Tire team... Treasa

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

So, it was a very difficult day w/my tire damaged, a donut on my wheel... driving in Vegas and out of all the locations I chose to make an appointment at, it was the most amazing experience I could ever ask for as a customer. Now I've had a real good experience at Discount Tire in Bullhead City Arizona... Never ever expected the service to get even more excellent but it did and out of all places in Vegas. My salesperson "Randell P." Was so good to me it was like he came from my perspective of what it would be like for him if it was his car and his flat tire! He just got me w/out me telling him anything. He gave me a good deal, they were fast...

I walked over to a store for lunch, brought it back and by the time I unwrapped the salad, put my eggs and dressing in - they were done! Absolutely mindblowing! It does help if you arrive at least 20 minutes to take care of any unexpected issues and that was what I did. They are way busy and still found a way to serve me w/out waiting for a long time. I came out a complete winner, so happy, and they saved me a lot of money considering people are suffering financially b/c of Covid-19. Thank you so much - I will always remember this insane service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Regardless of whether I make an appointment and arrive a few minutes early or go in as a "walk in," it routinely takes at least three hours before they take my car back for service. Last time, they took all 4 of my chrome air caps and replaced with 3 dirty black air caps, leaving one without any air cap. This time, service took a little over 3 hours and I left with less quality and less quantity than when they serviced my vehicle! This is last straw for me. When I schedule appointments and arrive on time or early, an average of three hours of walk-ins are serviced first. When noone is left, they service my car. When I am a walk-in, everyone else is serviced first. This has been my experience the last 3 - 4 times that I took my car there for service. I have been a loyal customer for many, many years, but I won't be going back!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I visited Discount Tire today hoping to buy tires and make Discount Tire my preferred tire store, however it did not come to pass. When I requested to purchase tires, the clerk asked for my telephone number. I informed the clerk that I prefer to keep such personal information private, to which he responded by refusing sale without my number. I asked to speak to a manager who informed me that my phone number was needed in case there was any issues with my newly purchased tires. I asked if Discount Tire was known for "issues." He said, "No." I asked him if he was willing to relinquish a several hundred dollar tire sale based on my refusal to submit my phone number. He did not offer an alternative, and told me he could not complete the transaction. I took my business to their competitor (Belle Tire). This is poor business practice, and I will inform others not to patronize this business in the future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

They were very good this time. They were polite and took care of me in a reasonable amount of time. They fixed the problem. I would recommend them. I had a flat and they gave me a new tire. I don't know what else you could say about this visit. It was quick and easy.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Months back I purchased 4 new tires and rims for my Tacoma including roadside hazard. I called weeks back about making an appointment to have the tires rotated and was told that no appointment was necessary. When I arrived at Discount Tire today about 10;45AM I walked up to check in and a gal told me she was finishing up with a customer and that she would be with me shortly. I sat down and waited 20 minutes before again walking up to the counter to be told that she had forgotten about me.

When I told them I needed my tires rotated they asked me when my appointment was. I told them I didn’t have an appointment since I called weeks back and was told none was necessary. Then they proceeded to tell me there was a 2 hour wait. There were no other cars in the parking lot at this time other than my Tacoma. I’m a firm believer that because I got upset over being forgotten they were sending me a message. Will I go back again, I think not, would you?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Tire replacement, fast, simple and easy! Husband ordered from work. I pull up, receive immediate service. In and out within 20 minutes. Great tires, well balanced, no issues at all! Tires are always the best price available and 1st quality!

Discount Tire Company Information