Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

378 Discount Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

Had an appointment at Discount Tire in Eastgate Dr, Garland for a flat repair. Went in early because we need to be somewhere else in a certain time. I have been having the tire issue for months or at least a month and thought it’s just the weather. I usually keep that tire in 36 psi and when I dropped it off it’s probably at about 29 psi or more. So they did their usual tire inspection and was told all 3 was at 4/32 while the one I want to be repaired is at 3. Before I set my appointment I actually looked at tires already because I know at some point I will have to buy new set soon so I know they don’t have the tires in stock but special order. Going back, so he was pitching me for tires already but I told him I know they don’t have it in stock and still asked me to go over to the counter to look. But I just had to tell him that we need to be somewhere else and I can look later.

I asked if we can still have the tire be repaired and he said yes and usually it’s when the tire is down to 2/32 then they don’t repair it anymore. That went fine until after about 30 minutes they called and told me it’s “irreparable” and they don’t have a stock right now so I asked to just put the original tire back but they refused to. So we agreed to just put the spare tire. Had to call them right away and spoke to Edwin because I realized it wasn’t the right spare tire. He told me they see if they have a used tire and will have to call me back because he’s with a customer. I never received a callback.

As we were pulling at the parking lot, saw the SUV with a completely flat tire. Went inside to grab the keys and asked if they can at least put some air back into it and told them it wasn’t like that when I dropped it off. They refused to put air and keeps saying it will keep losing air. I told him I have been driving it for months like that and it’s holding air until when I dropped it off. So I asked again to at least put some air back and again was refused to and recommended to not drive it or get a tow truck. Which in fact, they drove it out of the service bay to the parking lot with zero psi tire. So I went out to check the tire finding out they didn’t even bother to put the stem valve cap on, put a tear at the sidewall of the tire, and left the valve core pushed in making it blow air out and not hold any.

In this scenario, as if they really wanted me to order that tire which will be available the next day, leave the SUV parked at their lot since it’s completely flat and so they can make their sale of the day. With this tactic, I’m not falling for it. So I asked my husband to grab our portable inflator at the house, we put some air back into it having to really have that stem valve cap on because of what they did to the core blowing air out, and drove it back home. We brought the “irreparable”, "undrivable” tire to a different shop and guess what it was repaired and was told because it’s a run-flat kind of tire we can use it until at least we receive the special order set of tires. So be the judge! I will definitely not give my hard earned money to a company who only cares about their sales.

Original review: March 12, 2019

If you have evermore increasing time to spend waiting for sales or warranty service it is a great place to buy a set of tires with nationwide serviceability. You can find any brand tire to fit any budget. The staff are nice and the stores are clean. But the wait times are unforgivable. A two hour wait time to get a patch for a tire with a slow leak is ridiculous.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I made an appointment to fix a deflating front left tire. They measured the threads and recommended replacing the 2 front tires (3/32" out of 10/32" left). I agreed to put on new Michelin Pilot A/S 3 plus sports tires at $228 each. When the work was almost done, the salesperson (Andrea) approached me with a story about the nuts needing replacement, as they were "badly swelling". That was another $48.71 for a lug kit. I took home a sample of an "old" nut, and I call BS on the swelling nuts story. I need to be able to trust the advice of the technicians, but at Discount Tire they seem more concerned about their own revenues and sales targets than the interests of their customers.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Best place for tires, these folks are honest, and do a super job, and best prices, no need to shop around. Once you come here, you will be a lifetime customer, just like me. I wish all my buying experiences could be this good. Thank you Discount Tire.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

These guys are on the ball! Great comprehensive service! Friendly! Went in for a scheduled appointment at 9:30 and they had my tires rotated and balanced and out by 10! Explained in detail the work they'd performed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I went to Discount Tire to have my tires checked that I had purchased from them a year and a half ago. They said all four needed replaced. They had a warranty. They were going to give me $50 credit per each tire but the tires that were on the truck which were the Optimos I was told were no longer available. This was on a Wednesday. The new tires were going to be $97 a piece minus the $50 warranty per tire. The Optimo tires which I was told were no longer available had been $61 a piece. I decided to wait.

That weekend they advertised a thank you sale with the Optimo tires being on the ad for $61. I went into a different location and told them I would needed 4 Optimo tires under warranty with a $50 credit each for the other four tires on my truck. They said there must have been something wrong in the ad because the Optimos were no longer available however I had a different Discount Tire store tell me they could get them. This is classic bait and switch.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

After many months of having to continually put air into 2 of the 4 new tires purchased, they had to replace those 2 due to wear to sidewalls from sitting low/flat on so many overnight occasions in the cold weather. In a 4 week time frame of replacing the tires and going back twice for what I thought was a balancing issue, no one informed me that the tie rods were severely worn. They removed my front tires 3 separate times and should have definitely noticed that the tie rods could actually brake at any time. By not informing me and only wishing me a good day every time I left. They were putting me, my 4 yr old daughter, and all other motorists at risk. Had the tie rod broken while going down the interstate this past weekend. Possibly nothing bad may have happened, but quite possibly lives could have been lost. I even informed the employee of my travel intentions and concern for safety on Friday at the most recent balance and nothing was said.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I brought in my car on 8/24/18 at the Burien, Wa branch with suspicion of a punctured tired needing to be replaced or fixed. End result was the tire was in excellent condition per salesperson 300. Unfortunately, the rim was cracked. Prior to leaving the store, I was convinced into purchasing a certificate for $139 + tax, for free tire rotations, flat repairs and maintenance tire checks for life of the tires.

I went into same store on 2/22/19 for the tire rotations (per suggestions of their email), the store was on power outage. I was recommended to go to their Renton branch which I was told a 3 hour wait. Who has that time to wait? I went to the Federal Way branch on Monday the 25th, another 2-3 hour wait. I went back to same store in Burien, and told another 2-3 hour wait. They certainly didn't wait 2-3 hours to take my $152.91 on 8/24/2018. I feel cheated to have to wait for services already paid in advance.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We just purchased wheels and tires from Discount Tire in Shawnee KS. When they installed my new tires they cross threaded the front passenger wheel and said the wheel could not be installed and we would need to have the car towed. Upon putting the wheel on to pull the car out of their bay area they only put on 1 lug nut to secure the tire knowing that the tire would fall off. The tire fell off once it was towed due to inpropper installation and they refuse to take any responsibility.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with Discount Tire especially because I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years. They truly do not care about their customers or their responsibility to customer care and safety. This is so disappointing about such a reputable business. I spoke to a regional office and not only are they rude but they refuse to take any responsibility. If they knew the wheel would fall off and needed to be towed you would think because of safety issue they would have put more than 1 lug nut on the wheel to transport safety... Incompetent and unprofessional without a doubt. On top of everything the manager at Discount Tire in Shawnee Kansas would not even speak to us on the phone and has done his best to ignore the issue. He should be fired!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had a tire leak and took my car to Discount Tire where I had purchased the tires. The manager that helped me said that it was time to rotation and they would do that and repair the tire. I got a text that said my car was ready. I got back to the store and the SUV wasn't ready. They were trying to find the leak. The leak was too close to the edge of the tire and couldn't be repaired. Since my SUV is all wheel drive I had to replace 2 tires. I picked out some tires and they ordered them. I got a call that someone at Discount Tire and said that when I had my tires rotated that the stud must have been broken then.

Well Discount Tire had crossed threaded one of the lugs and the stud had broken while rotating the tires just 2 days earlier. I told the guy that they rotated the tires and he said they would take care of it. When I went to pick up my SUV a tire pressure sensor was bad so they replaced it. They gave me a voucher to have the stud replaced. The repair facility was a 45 minute drive from my house. Round trip 1-1/2 hours. I told the manager that I would rather do it myself to save from driving. The manager knocked off $35 off of the replacement of the sensor. As it turns out this is a 3 hours of labor required to replace the stud and shops charge between $137 and $169 to replace one stud. I guess Discount Tire doesn't value my future business. I have purchased over 12 sets of tires from them and won't buy any more.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Bought four 65,000 mile tires x 118 per tire, plus 86 for installation out the door. Front two tires made it to 10,000 miles in 10 months, i.e. about 1000 miles per month, before they had to be replaced. I did miss one rotation and of course they used that to lay this at my feet. I said yes but the literature online says they should be rotated at about 7500 miles but okay, that still should not result in on 16% of the recommended tire warranty.

Since I missed the rotation, they had me so I had to focus on getting as much as I could for replacement value. They said the tire had gone up in price so any negotiation would start from that number, not what I paid. They worked the numbers hard, clickety-clack, clickety-clack on the keyboard until they, beaming with a great anticipated customer satisfaction rating, said I could have two new tires for 117 each. I said, "But hey, that's only a dollar off what I originally paid!" I asked again if they understood that the tires only got 16% of the warranty number. Again, I missed that one rotation, so it was my fault. Got a manager, same thing, only with more arrogance that how could I possibly disagree with the "best they could do" since I missed that one rotation.

I worked on them for another 40 minutes and got them down another $9 per tire, with every dollar of reduction accompanied by a verification that I was most definitely the one to blame for missing that tire rotation. Two pieces of advice from this transaction: Don't miss the tire rotation and, don't go to Discount Tire. I will be following my own advice going forward.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Worst customer service. Condescending and arrogant. Victor does not give respect and does not deserve respect. When I asked for assistance I was interrupted with Victor's rude attitude. This place and these guys don't deserve your money.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I do not recommend Discount Tire to anyone, they have bad customer services and their Tech is too secretive. They broke one of my lug nut stud and didn't notify me about it. I got home and saw one of the lug nut was broken, I then took it back to them to fix it. Instead of sending me to the manufacture to get it fix, they refer me to this stupid shop called, "SPARK". SPARK then fix my lug nut stud, instead of taking out the hub assembly they hammered the old broken stud out and hammered back in a new stud. My bearing from the hub keeps making noise when I release the gas paddle. I took it back to SPARK and they accuse that it was the ice that keeps making the noise. Come on dude I drive in the winter for more than 10 years. I know how ice is. Bad excuse and lame explanation. I do not recommend SPARK and DISCOUNT TIRE at all. They break your lug nut stud and hoping you do not notice it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Good service in Northern CO Fort Collins N. College. The associate on the phone was knowledgeable about products, costs and helping me get correct size off tire. Associate at counter helped me understand my options, didn't try to oversell and made me comfortable. Left feeling very satisfied with tires selected, my decision to use Discount Tires and the service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I called them from TN on the 23rd to order two Michelin Pilots to be put on the front, on the 26th. They told me “we have those!” I said, “I didn’t tell which Michelin tire I need yet.” Once I told them they told me they did NOT have the Pilots. I fell back to the Bridgestone Potenzas, they couldn’t get those by the 26th either. My third choice, the Continental ExtremeContact. They could have in by noon the 26th. Arrangements were made, money was exchanged. We brought the vehicle in on time and came back to pick it up only to discover they installed Continental ProContact, NOT the ExtremeContact I paid them for. The ProContact is $40/tire cheaper tire than the ExtremeContact. Had I not checked I would have been screwed out of $80 worth of tire, and got crappier tires.

We went to have lunch while they fixed it. When we got back the guy we were dealing with was gone. The new guy knew nothing about the situation. Finally got the car back with the right tires this time. On the way home the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light came on. I checked both tires and they set pressure on both on both to 40psi. The correct pressure per the placard in the door jamb is 35psi, which is why the TPMS light came on. I had to adjust pressure to the correct 35psi and reset my TPMS light. I want ask them if they use a torque wrench on the lug nuts and what torque they set them at, but I’m afraid of the answer. The facts speak for themselves.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The store manager at North Beach Street in Fort Worth refused to fix a slow leak caused by a small nail in the center of the tire on my new Dodge Durango that only had 3000 miles because I had gotten another nail at 1000 miles also in the center of the tire but was out of town and had to have a small independent shop repair it. The discount tire manager told me they would not remove the nail and repair the leak because someone else had repaired the first leak. He said I would have to buy a new tire from them. They put the tire back on the rim and back on my car with the nail still in my tire. I took it to another shop and they repaired it perfectly. My family my business and friends have been customers of Discount Tires for over 30 years and bought thousands of dollars of tires but after this no more!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years but I will say in the last couple years they have lost touch with their customer service quality. I had a flat tire and was driving on my spare which was not safe. They had a couple tires in stock that were low grade quality so I had them order 4 Yokohama tires but were told it would take 3 to 4 days to get them in stock. I had a perfectly fine used tire in my trunk from a few years back when I got new tires (kept it for this reason). They would not put the tire on the rim for me just because it was 10 years old and wanted me to spend more money on a new tire when I had 4 ordered and waiting for them.

This is absurd and ridiculous and to top it off when I asked the employee named Alex where could I go to get this tire on the rim for me he replied back and said to try a Mexican tire shop. I took my keys. Went down the street to F and F Tire. The owner was happy to help me and put my used tire on my car and ordered my tires which came in that same day. Discount Tire is in it for the money now. Their compassion towards people in different financial situations has gone downhill as well as their overall customer service. I'll just take my money and go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Today I went to Discount Tire in Boulder, Colorado to get a nail removed from my tire. Before I signed anything a store worker told me he would have the nail fixed in an 1 hour and 1/2. The same associate later came back - stated that after they removed the nail they noticed that the tire had a plug in it and they could not repair the tire. He also stated that they could not put the tire back on because of it. He also told me that my spare tire was too old for them to put that on my vehicle as well. So my choices were buy a new tire (of course) or tow my vehicle to Denver. I didn’t have the money to pay for a tow or the tire but I had to change the tire because the sales associate forced me into it.

I felt cheated and pressured into buying a tire when it was not needed. This type of service would never happen at Big O Tires!! I since I did not sign anything that stated there was a chance if the tire was removed I may have to purchase another tire it would have been nice if the associate would have gave me a “discount” because of the situation they put me in.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Poor customer service in Salt Lake City Utah - My mother has been a loyal customer for over 10 years. She recently bought new tires for her car from this company. Today we took her tire in because it got a flat from a nail. It was very crowded I understand that. We waited for over 3 hours just to patch up a tire. That was ridiculous. But the thing that got me was each time the so called assistant manager had a customer he walked each and every one out to their car. But for us, mind you we were the last 3 in the building and after hours and it was pitch dark outside this assistant manager just pointed outside and said, "Your car is ready." Really. When we went outside we had to look for our car because the person that parked it had parked it so far from the building. Come on. I get it the walls are white but what does that have to do with customer service. Discouraged from uncompassionate people.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

They broke and replaced a TPMS sensor when installing my new tires without telling me about it. The sensor they used was not compatible with my car and I wasn't getting any pressure readings. I made a total of 5 extra trips to Discount Tire and 2 extra trips to Lexus before getting the ok from the store manager to have Lexus fix it. I had to pay the $800 up front then wait two weeks to get reimbursed. It was such a frustrating ordeal. Most frustrating was the lack of communication. One employee would tell me one thing and next day, another would tell me something different. Least they could have done was reimburse me for the extra gas and time I wasted on those 7 extra trip. I will not be going back and I recommend you avoid as well!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years. I was a little disheartened when I read many of the negative reviews. I'm a very honest person & work hard for my money. First, I will agree that the wait time is long with or without an appointment; however, they are very thorough. Next, I never sense any tension between employees. They seem to work well together as a team. Management always jump in and help also. I like that. With any business you will have a problem sooner or later because mistakes will be made. So why such a high review? The professional way they corrected the problem, followed up,and let me know how they valued my business. I don't see myself starting over with another company that I view as not just a business but as friends, trusted individuals, and tire experts because they always educate you on your tires.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Tyler in the Cheyenne Wyoming shop is a fantastic employee. He helped us figure out the proper installment of rims and tires that would work on our 91 Suburban so we would be safe on the road. A 30 minute job took 2 hours trying to figure out which rims were safe on our vehicle. Without him we would of bought the wrong rims. Thanks again Tyler.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I recently called the Springfield IL store to ask them if they had a certain size tire for my husband's car. I only was in need of the two front ones. I was told on the phone they had 2 that fit in my budget and would fit on my car. I was told to come on in. I was a good 27 miles from them and drove all the way up there to be told once I was there that I should just buy all 4 new tires. Was given every excuse why I should buy 4 new ones instead of just the 2 I needed.

Finally after him bugging me so much I finally said, "If you're not going to sell me just the 2 I need then I am going somewhere else." Well let's just say I walked out of there without giving them any of my business. Went further down the road to a Wal-mart center who was glad to put on just 2 tires and received my 300.00 in business. Shame on you Discount Tire for letting your employees chase good business off. Not that a large company like yours care about the little people of the world on fixed incomes.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I went to the Monroe, NC Discount Tire with a problem related to new tires that I had purchase from another company. After explaining my issue to Richard he said they would be glad to look at it. I left for a work out at the local gym and after about 45 minutes I received a text that my car was ready to pick up. When I returned I learned that they had rebalanced all four tires and told me they believed my problem was solved. They did this at no charge and thanked me for coming in. I've only driven a few miles, but, I believe the vibration I had been experiencing for the past couple of weeks is gone. I would gladly recommend them and return the next time I need tires for one of my cars.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Had to have my sister's driver's side tire fixed. The people that work there are extremely friendly and always mindful of everyone who is there and waiting. The service was quick and I'm leaving a big shout out to them for not only fixing my the initial tire, but replacing the second for free due to it being separated. I do not have a warranty for that tire nor did I have the means to purchase the second tire at the moment. My gratitude is through the roof! Thank you Discount Tire!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Very poor service. Extremely long wait times. Appointments are meaningless, you will be told to get in line and wait your turn. How is that an appointment?? They should refund the service portion of the purchase contract.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Many of the experiences have been negative. One example is my son bought tires there and got hazard protection. Had a flat tire. Took it there and they said he had to replace - could not fix - until the manager found out he had hazard protection and suddenly they could fix it. I personally took two flat tires there and they said they could not be fixed, but took to two different competitors and both repaired with no questions.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Took my car to this racket called "Discount Tire". What a joke this place is - but it isn't funny at all. They wanted $568 to repair the rear brakes only. I told them they were crazy. I went to Midas and had the job done for $160. I would strongly recommend avoiding Discount Tire at all cost!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have had many bad experiences with Discount Tire. From employees being just plain rude, having family members who worked for the company itself being treated terribly, and always having a long estimated wait time that ended up being much longer than first stated. I decided to give them one more chance and went to a Discount Tire for all brand new tires. When I first dropped my car off I was quoted an estimated wait time of about 2 hours. So naturally I waited for 2 and a half hours to go back up to the store. When I had arrived one of the front employees told me that they had a couple issues that backed them up, but that my car was going to be the next one in.

He stated that the wait should only be about 30 more minutes. 3 hours later I walked up to the front again to ask what the deal was, and the employee this time just looked at me and asked if I had been waiting there the entire time because my car had been ready for over 2 hours. I would had hoped that after choosing to pay $1000 to this company I would have received better service than this. Not be told it will be around 2 hours, and 5 hours later I'm being told my car has been ready while I've been sitting IN STORE for 3 hours with my phone in hand and received no phone calls. The head crew member did apologized but said there was nothing he could do for me. Never again will I use discount tire. I shouldn't have to be apologized to every time I try to use a company that states they practice, "All around good service."

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I searched for tires for my car at the local used tire shop, Walmart & Sears Auto Center before stopping at Discount Tire 11110 E 41st St, Tulsa, OK 74146. THEY LIVE UP TO THEIR TAGLINE OF “America’s Neighborhood Tire Store”! The tires, with the stems and balance and mount, were the least expensive of any of the places I checked – WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT is a business that cared about my safety and actually worked with me to do something about it!!! All the other places told me the same thing that Discount Tire told me, but Discount Tire stepped up and suggested a solution that I could afford! I have NEVER done business with a company and/or people like this! The products are great and the people are caring!

Discount Tire Company Information