3.3/5 (103 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Top Discount Tire Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare ...

Verified

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday w...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
  • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
  • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
  • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
  • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
  • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
  • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
  • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
  • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
  • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
  • Medium: $100 to $750
  • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased 4 premium tires last year for a used car that I purchased. The car ran well & I never had a problem with the performance. I purchased the recommended warranty. When one of my tires was punctured, they replaced it. They run a very efficient office. It is well organized, well lit, neat, & the entire staff is professional.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Just introduced to Discount Tire in Kansas City and had to immediately replace a tire with a screw in it. Couldn't repair, so checked their options and decided on a mid-to-higher level quality tire for my passenger rear. They were quite quick and helpful, but... they didn't tell me about warranty options while I overheard others discussing it and was disappointed that I wasn't suggested such an option.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Discount Tire on Westport Road in Louisville, KY is a pleasant Tire Repair Shop to have your automotive work completed. Myself and or my family have had 4 or 5 sets of tire replaced at this location, trailer tire completed and even complete brake work completed. We have been very happy with the workmanship, the pricing and the willingness of the management team to work with us to find the best possible pricing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I used to be Discount Tire customer for long time. In 2015 my daughter ordered a rim for her car and paid in full, meanwhile we sold the car and never collect the Rim. Time passes by and need tires were for another vehicle. I went to the same store we ordered the rim but they couldn't give me the credit for what we paid for the rim. I stop dealing with Discount tire. Few years back I wrote to customer service regarding what happened long time back, Surprisingly Regional Manager TOOK TIME to called me, first apologized then gave me a credit more than what we paid for the RIM.

Last week I wanted a some tires and did search online. DT was not the lowest, but the online chat Rep: Ms. ** was great to find the tires I wanted and discounted to match the competition and to make me feel important. Store guy was great to inform me lots I never knew regard to tires, then gave me the Rebate coupon too. Finally rebate offer number did not work, again chat online they even filled my rebate coupon and gave the confirmation number. Things have changed a lot. If one employee is great then it's That person but when it's happening thru out many steps it's coming down from top. It was a more than money's worth purchasing experience.. Thank you guys.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I visit Discount Tire on W. Jefferson St, Joliet twice in one month. The first visit was on 7/7/21, because I had a tire with a slow leak. And the representative by the name of Matt, he was helpful by explaining different tire product and showed empathy. So 7/27/21 I came back to purchase two tires. Great customer service and Covid safe. D. **, Joliet.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I went to Discount Tire to purchase a set of tires for my 1958 Corvette but since I was there anyway I figured I would buy a tire for my 2011 Dodge Ram and get three Tire Pressure Sensors (TPI's) replaced. One TPI worked perfect, one TPI did not work at all and the other two TPI's only worked for about 15 minutes after starting the truck. I talked to a salesman by the name of Gregg who told me he had a set of General Grabber Tires that only had 3K miles and that he would sell them to me for less than half of what they would run brand new, and he would replace all four TPI's at $240.00. I specifically asked Gregg if the tires had any plugs in them and he replied, "they are just like brand new with no plugs with less than 3K miles on them".

When driving to work the next day, two of the brand new TPI's that were working stopped working after 15 minutes just like they did before they were replaced. Of course, the TPI that was working still was and the TPI that was not working at all, was working. When I got to work, I looked at one of the tires and noticed a plug in one of the tires. (I only looked at one tire.) I don't see how two brand new TPI's would failed after 15 minutes just like the old ones did unless they did not replace them and only replaced the one bad TPI. As far as the plug, Gregg either lied to me, was incompetent or both.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Had good service and very personable salesperson. He gave me a total price for 3 new tires which I charged on my credit card. It was not until I got home and looked at the receipt that I noticed I was charged $99 for "certificates for refund - replacement" ($33 each for 3 tires). He made no mention of this to me and it came as a complete surprise. I would like to have been able to make my own choice.

Original review: March 18, 2022

When a person of color goes here in a Exotic car they are profiled and treated like a piece of trash and thief. Like they don’t belong on earth especially by Pat the manager. Shameful on this great company!!! Apparently no vetting happens.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Called for an "out the door quote" for 4 specific tires. Was quoted "out the door" $772. Made an appointment for 2 days later. Had the tires replaced and was charged $872. Didn't realize until a few hours later the difference. Reviewing the receipt a $25 per tire "certificate for refund" was added to the invoice without ever being offered or accepted. Called the Okemos location and was advised that "generally" they offer the certificate and "most people" accept the certificate. Of course it's typically accepted because they do not tell people about it - they simply add it to the invoice. They apologize and offer to refund this; which I accepted.

My question is - how may other people have been charged this amount and never had the certificate explained? My guess is multiple. Additionally, this is printed right on the invoice: https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates. Did not discuss certificates. That clearly indicates that they were added without the consumer's knowledge. Neither the service tech Bob, nor the manager Jim, could explain how the line "did not discuss certificates" appeared on the invoice. Illegally overcharging! Discount Tire is a scammer!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Low Tire light came on and immediately went to Discount Tire for their free Tire air pressure and to see why light went on. Tread life: 5, 4, 4, 4. Tires aired and took off. The next day Tire light back on & went to discount tire to check front left Tire. Could not see any source of leak. Tire salesman went out to check Tire and tread Life: 4, 4, 3,3. Advised him my tire tread was just checked less than two days earlier at their location and what explains the difference. RED FLAG. He further stated I need two tires per his conflicting Tire tread measurement. RED FLAG. Advised him I was only interested in the one Tire and he seemed angry and asked to look at Tire before replaced.

My wife's car is a Kia Forte with low profile and difficult to examine for nail or other basis for loss of air. Tire was brought to office for my inspection. Couldn't locate any source of air loss. Ask salesman where was the leak. He would only repeat, "You need to buy the tire." RED FLAG. Since I was flying out of town the following morning I didn't want to leave my wife with any Tire uncertainty and bought the tire. No copy of the tire estimate was ever provided me or receipt. RED FLAG. Asked about warranty on replaced Tire and said none, without any clear explanation. Three of those tires were purchased from Costco & one at Discount tire. No Tire rotation was ever offered. Have been bothered over this purchase since leaving Discount TIRE (2640 Windmill, Henderson NV).

Discount Tire Company Information