2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Discount Tire Shop Now

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: June 27, 2020

I went over to change my tires to some other rims I had bought. Each set of rims had TPMS sensors in them... Upon looking at my old rims after the change they had completely and purposefully broken off the TPMS sensors and taken them. I did not authorize this in any way and paid more than 100$ for them. Called and they refused to accept that I didn't authorize it.... Very disappointed with service.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Spoke with store manager Ryan ** at the Crestwood, IL location for 2 new tires. He only had 1 tire available and understood that it was urgent to replace them being an essential worker it's necessary that I get to work safely. So he referred me to the Westmont, IL store, where 2 tires were available. I made an appointment the next day and was serviced within 30min. They provided safe and efficient service. As I left I noticed one of weights adhesive had not adhered to the wheel. I spoke with the manager Jason, who was very professional and who personally checked each wheel. Very pleased from start to finish. Thank you Discount Tire.

Resolution response: June 16, 2020

Returned after calling manager and posting review and they repaired the tire without further problems.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Purchased a set of Michelin tires for my Ranger at the Hollywood Park Discount store in San Antonio little over a year ago. Rear tire had nail in it so I sent my grandson with the truck. He was told they couldn't find any record of the tires being purchased there, but would fix the flat... with the "warning" that if they could find anything else wrong with the tire they would not put it back on the truck and he would have to purchase a new tire. This scare/threat tactic is supposedly to assure safety for the customer but sounds a whole lot more like an unethical sleazy sales tactic. I called the manager and was given the same poor answer. Clearly they don't honor their warranties and their sales tactics are low level and questionable. I will never again purchase tires from Discount. Sam's Club has much higher standards and far better customer care.

Original review: June 12, 2020

You buy tires from Discount Tire, mount and balance $20 each. You buy tires from another source to save money, mount and balance is $60 each. Same machine, same install tech, 3 times the price. No thanks.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I went to them to check a for a slow leak in a good tire. The tire had been plugged and they claimed they can’t repair it. I asked him to clean the bead and he tells me they won’t touch it. All they can do is replace it. Bad policy. I asked him to remove the plug and patch it. He said no can do.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Brought in my tractor tires with new tires to be put on. First I was not noticed of the store being temporary closed until the next day when I was about to go pick them up. I had already paid in advance. One of the tires did not hold air, when I put it on my tractor. The other slowly started losing air. Took them to be checked and I was told they were too rusty to work with. So I went online at Tractor Supply and bought new rims. Discount Tire put the tires on the new rims.

I took the wheels to a different place to be looked at.

One of my tires had a hole in it which was overlooked by discount tire. This other place I took the old rim to I bought a new tire for it and now the old rusty rim is holding air. I'm really disappointed in discount tires because they did not take the time to work with me at fixing my tires. Plus now I'm out of 363.18 for new rims that I didn't need to purchase. I would like to be reimbursed that money. Thanks.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Ridiculous. I spent 5 hours here and bought an extra TWO tires for no reason. I almost wrecked my car twice because of them. And they kept trying to tell me the car was ok and it's "normal for new tires to make your car turn sometimes until they break in" ... Are you serious? I'm so glad I know about cars. I told the manager check the tire pressure after the fourth time I drove off. "Oh it's good they're all balanced." Nope. Drive back. I told them it needs to be at a minimum of 38, it's a sports car and is supposed to actually be 50. "Ok it's good." Drive off. Nope. I watched him this time. It was at 33.

After I had told him already.. I was so mad. "Oh it's torque steering." Really? Because torque steering starts happening after 57k miles right? I'm not dumb. I know what that is. Finally, they took off all the tires and ACTUALLY rebalanced them with the right weights and psi and it worked. After they had put it at 37. He just couldn't do what I said and put 38. Like, really? Oh! By the way, they stripped my stud on the first attempt.

Original review: March 13, 2020

It is nice to receive Great Service. Discount Tire in Knightdale is a great store. Good leaders, professional workers, friendly, timely. Martin did a great job. Would trust my daughters to shop there.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I was switching snow tires to regular tires. When I got the van back there were no tires in the back. They gave me a story about being bad. Two short seasons on brand new Blizzaks. How dare they!? I made them put them in the van but they said they would not put on two of them. I drove these tires in the snow and highway and they are awesome traction. I think using 25% of tread left as a rule to determine a tire is bad is just wrong. What else do you own that you only use 75% of it? Also it depends on age and uneven wear etc. These tires looked like new on the sidewalls but had obvious even wear on the tread. They definitely can last another winter. Not going back. Discount Tire is really awful.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Today, I became a dissatisfied Discount Tire customer. Be honest about your estimate of time. It's Saturday, I expect you to be busy. What I don't expect is when I arrive to pick up my vehicle, an additional half hour past the 1:40 minute estimated time, is to be treated so rudely by Joey. We've bought more than a dozen sets of tires from Discount and had spent more than $1000 today. Joey, who said outloud while processing my payment today "I'm bagging them all today." Well I won't be bagged again with terrible customer service.

Discount Tire Company Information