Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.53/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I brought in a 1980 Corvette for new wheels and tires. It was like watching the Three Stooges walking around and bumping into each other. No one knew how to balance or mount the wheels. It took them almost 3 hours to finish. Go anywhere but Discount Tire. Just a bunch nitwits that don't have a clue what they are doing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Sent my brother and sister in law to Discount Tire in Lebanon store tn009 for a plug. Was shocked when they call me to say they are making them buy a whole new tire when all it needed was a plug patch whatever. Call the manager or salesman. Bruce gives me the runaround about safety and all this stuff that's wrong. I've been in and around tires and the business a while so I'm not buying it. They took advantage of my family members by preying on ignorance instead of just doing a plug. Even told me the tire was able to be plugged. But safety was the issue. Had I known about this prior would have gladly taken care of them before sending them to this store. Will not be back. If you know what you are getting into by all means give it a try but if you're a trusting person not very knowledgeable on the subject of tires, do not go. They will take you for a ride.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Recently (2 weeks ago) had my tires balanced and rotated free on lifetime tire service contract. No indications of tire condition noted. Fast forward 2 weeks one tire gets a nail, so my wife brings it to Long Beach store and is told she needs ALL NEW TIRES. They wouldnt repair the damaged tire, because it is an "Audi Quattro and all tire diameter must match". So they took over an hour to install the spare, which was like new and a much greater diameter than the one that was repairable. I had to pay another tire company to repair the tire and put on the car. Thanks Discount Tire, not for me any more.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought online a set of 4 Yokohamas (with warranty). They were promised to be ready in two days, and offered me to schedule the appointment for its installation. I went to the store as scheduled and after 15 mins looking for the tires they let me know they were not there, and that they were supposed to arrive later during the day via FEDEX. They asked me to come back next day. I told them I was going to be there at 8:30am next day. They said, "We will have them ready by the time you arrive."

I went next day, at 8:30am, another agent helped me and apologized for the inconvenience I had the day before and asked me to wait while they proceed with their job. After 10 mins he came back to tell me the tires have not arrived yet, and that they will arrive by noon, apologized again and told me the coworker who told me to come was not in today....very upsetting and disappointing. Definitely they do not care about their customers, and chew more than they can eat.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Discount Tire stores have sold me nothing but defective products and refuse to take them back for refund. On several occasions, employees have verbally abused me or attempted to assault me. Anyone in their right mind should never do business with Discount Tire. Big O Tires sells their franchises to former Discount Tire managers with poor management skills learned by managing bad Discount Tire stores, and sell worse products than Discount Tires.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Wow! Great customer service - met me at the door. 30 minutes later back on the road for less than 20 dollars. They work very quickly and are super polite. Will buy my next set of tires here for sure????

Original review: July 10, 2019

I purchased tires online a week in advance and even called the store to verify 30 minutes before I arrived. When I did arrive they informed me they only had 3 of my tires and that they could install them and I could come back another day for the other. Now if I would have come in before pre purchasing these tires they would have told me that they cannot only install three tires in an attempt to sell me 4 for safety reasons. Though my safety is not a concern when they make the mistake. They had no resolution and just left me hanging. Thank you Discount Tire for wasting 2 hours of my time, I guess only your time is important. Long term tire buyer that will never be back.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a problem with my wife's car. I stopped at the store in Countryside and Nick was great. He exceeded my highest expectations and got me in and out in about 30 minutes. This store has always been given exceptional customer service and I can't believe how well they have treated me in all my interactions with them. They are the best and I can't recommend them highly enough. All around great experiences.

Original review: July 9, 2019

One of the worst stores ever. No customer care. Zero customer care. Especially store number 86 Sugar Land Texas. NO more business will ever do with them. Will go to Costco tires. Wasting my time. To be there.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I had my tires rotated, and shortly after I started hearing knocking sounds and vibrations near the front left wheel. The sounds and vibrations got progressively worse, so I decided to take it to my mechanic. On the way to the mechanic, the front left wheel came off my vehicle while I was doing 55MPH on a highway. The wheel crossed 4 lanes of traffic to the other side of the highway. I filed a claim with Discount Tire and Michael **, a Senior Claims Specialist, denied the claim. They didn't even offer to pay my deductible when I later filed a damage claim with my own insurance. In addition to the $5000+ in damages, the body shop found that the lug holes were no longer round, but oval due to the abnormal wear created by the loose lug nuts, and the wheel itself had to be replaced because it was no longer round. I am fortunate nobody was hurt by the rogue wheel. The last person to touch that wheel was the Discount Tire rep who rotated them.

Discount Tire Company Information