2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Discount Tire Learn More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

1st visit: I ordered 4 new tires for my Audi and went to the Discount Tire to have them fitted. - They broke the neck of a tire pressure monitor and so fitted an aftermarket one.

2nd visit: I had to return again for the TPM to be replaced, which they did, but then they broke the wheel trim, so they ordered a new trim.
3rd visit: The TPMS had a fault that needed resetting that they did not do, but I returned for a fix. Sloppy.
4th visit: to pick up the wheel trim - wrong color, so they asked me to research and get the right one. They ordered 3 more to match.

5th visit: to pick up additional wheel trims.

Not ONCE did they apologize, discount tire is 40 miles round trip. The TPMS valve gets broken by a careless tech that pulls at the valve stalk thinking it's rubber. The wheel trim gets broke because the tech couldn't be bothered to use the correct tool. One of the service managers kept saying "we are professionals" when I asked for road force balance results and so this just added to the annoyance. So this cost discount tire: 2 TPMS - an Audi and aftermarket one -$ 120, 4 new wheel covers @$90 each $360, so in total ~ $500, plus their time to do the work over. So that's a dent into their profit. It cost me 4 additional trips and close to 8 weeks of to and fro.

Carelessness is an attitude and culture problem - do you trust them to lift YOUR car on the correct lifting points. Incompetence comes through lack of knowledge and tool training. Quality is about pride in one's work and how the repair center is managed. Not once did anyone apologize. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Discount Tire Store in Solana Beach, San Diego.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Why not discount the 10% Black Friday sale by taking the 10% off of the purchase price???? I finally, after complaining to the local store, got the debit card almost three months after my purchase. I made the mistake of trying to use their web site to activate the card and to find out how much was on it, what a frustrating experience of trying to navigate all of the advertisements. Tried to call their customer service line...VRU only. Finally got the card activated by using the phone number on the back of the card, tried to use it again and it would not work. Why in the world do you put your customers through this? I loved Discount Tire until this experience...NOT ANYMORE!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I have been doing business with Discount Tire for several years. I have many cars and believe in good rubber!! I have finally given up on Discount Tire. They are full of fluff. The last two sets of tires (and wheels) I purchased had pitiful mistakes that caused me to have to come back to be addressed. Tires so out of balance, I'm not sure if they were ever balanced to begin with. And to boot, I had to wait more than two hours to FIX THEIR problem. Don't be fooled by the fluff....they treat real customers horribly!! NEVER AGAIN!! I believe the only power we have as consumers is where we spend our money....Discount Tires will never get another dollar from me or my family. I hope that people who read this review will find another place to spend their money!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Called up to the store to schedule a time to come in and rotate my tires, scheduled it for the following day and came in and it still took more than an hour to rotate my tire. But the employees were very polite and understanding that I had more important things to do.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Need Better Customer Service. Alex, Rowlett location not personable at all. Straightfaced, no personality. I felt like I was talking to a robot. He gave one word answers short a quick. I felt as if he didn't want to be there and that I annoyed him by being there. Never ask for the key to go look at my tire and mileage. He asked me to follow him outside to show him the tire and asked me how many miles was on the car instead of looking himself. I had to do it for him. I like the location because it's near my home but the customer service there is not what I expected.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Wait time over 4 hours. I ask them to check my tire sensor. It was not check so I ask and was told if it don't go off come back in a week. They didn't check my tire depth or even attempt to get my miles off the car but you put on my paper work miles unknown. I sat there watch people come in and out and they took their car right in with no appointment but never touch my car until last. I arrived at this store at 3:15 sat afternoon. Left at 6:40 pm.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Discount Tires on Elida Rd Lima, Ohio I believe Mike was the manager. He helped me and didn't charge me a penny to fix my tire. Very honest, said the tire was in great shape but it was my rim that was corroded. I appreciate the honesty and will definitely be back.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

The wheels Did fit my UTV however the Center Caps Did not. No answer given. And no fix offered. Customer Service slow in response. Have called and emailed and nothing. Not happy as I'm left with an item not meeting expectations.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I came in to Discount to get 4 new tires for my trailer. I wanted to leave my trailer so I could run some errands I needed to get done. The rep told me it would only be 45 minutes so I decided to wait. It’s been 2 hours now as I have watched at least 7 cars and trucks come and go with 4 new tires each. I have inquired 2 times as to how much longer and 20 minutes ago I was given an apology and said it would be only 15 more minutes. REALLY FRUSTRATED! I am going out of town tomorrow and did not have 2 hours to waste here at discount tire!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Guys like Alex ** is the reason everyone loves to buy tires from Discount Tires. He was looking to help ANY way he could. The people make the difference and he is the reason I didn't go back to Costco to save $30.

Discount Tire Company Information