3.9/5 (437 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: July 22, 2022

I had factory tires that were a run flat tire as the car came with no spare tire. On vacation I had a flat and went to Discount Tire. They installed new tires that were not run flat and never told me about this feature. After I got home I checked on my new tire purchase...Very disappointed as I will be calling a tow truck next time. Thank you Discount Tire.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The temp outside was 100 degrees and humid for the desert. I am a senior citizen. I stopped for a tire pressure ck. Because they were busy I asked if it was possible and was assured that someone would be sent out in 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later sitting in the hot car, I got out, told them off and promised never to return. I have purchased tires there for more than twenty years. I will never darken their doorstep again. There are plenty of other tire places in the neighborhood and plenty of other Discount Tire shops in the valley. They are not going to see me again. I went on my errands and got the tire pressure checked elsewhere.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Made appointment for tire rotation and balance 5 days earlier. Take off work to be there over one hour early. Manager asked me to reschedule due to workload and personnel. Asked why they did not call me to advise they cannot honor the appointment. He had no response. Poor customer service and disregard the investment of time given by the consumer to call and make appointment then actually show up early to fulfill the appointment. Will never use this company for any service in the future.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I went to discount tire on Montgomery and the freeway in Albuquerque.. I had a slow leak in my tire, I was told that my tire was burned on the inside and needed to be replaced, the cost was 320.00.. I told them to just put on the spare and I will have to wait... I went to another place to have my tire looked at and was asked why my original tire still had air in it since discount tire should of deflated the tire in order to see if it was actually burned on the inside and to see what was causing the tire to lose air. I couldn't answer the question because Discount Tire told me that my tire was no good... Upon the other company inspecting my tire, I was told that I had a small nail in my tire and my tire wasn't burned on the inside... I'm upset with Discount Tire because I feel like they were trying to take advantage of me being a women and not knowing anything about tires.. I will NEVER do business with them again...

Original review: May 20, 2022

I had to go 4 additional times just to get my tires properly installed. The first 3 times, the team was unable (for some strange reason) to install them properly causing my tires to lose pressure. I called the regional office (Trevor) and he said, in the 1st call I made, that he would figure out a way to compensate for the 4 trips I had to do.... I called a second time to follow up.... I called a 3rd time and nothing happened. I was under the assumption that the products and services you offer are not just cheap but convenient, and taking time out of my work, my wife's work, in multiple occasions to just do what your team is supposed to do, is distant from convenient. And the fact that your team (including the regional office) is made aware of, and can't simply follow up! Is outrageous.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I went to Discount Tire to purchase a set of tires for my 1958 Corvette but since I was there anyway I figured I would buy a tire for my 2011 Dodge Ram and get three Tire Pressure Sensors (TPI's) replaced. One TPI worked perfect, one TPI did not work at all and the other two TPI's only worked for about 15 minutes after starting the truck. I talked to a salesman by the name of Gregg who told me he had a set of General Grabber Tires that only had 3K miles and that he would sell them to me for less than half of what they would run brand new, and he would replace all four TPI's at $240.00. I specifically asked Gregg if the tires had any plugs in them and he replied, "they are just like brand new with no plugs with less than 3K miles on them".

When driving to work the next day, two of the brand new TPI's that were working stopped working after 15 minutes just like they did before they were replaced. Of course, the TPI that was working still was and the TPI that was not working at all, was working. When I got to work, I looked at one of the tires and noticed a plug in one of the tires. (I only looked at one tire.) I don't see how two brand new TPI's would failed after 15 minutes just like the old ones did unless they did not replace them and only replaced the one bad TPI. As far as the plug, Gregg either lied to me, was incompetent or both.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Had good service and very personable salesperson. He gave me a total price for 3 new tires which I charged on my credit card. It was not until I got home and looked at the receipt that I noticed I was charged $99 for "certificates for refund - replacement" ($33 each for 3 tires). He made no mention of this to me and it came as a complete surprise. I would like to have been able to make my own choice.

Original review: March 18, 2022

When a person of color goes here in a Exotic car they are profiled and treated like a piece of trash and thief. Like they don’t belong on earth especially by Pat the manager. Shameful on this great company!!! Apparently no vetting happens.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Called for an "out the door quote" for 4 specific tires. Was quoted "out the door" $772. Made an appointment for 2 days later. Had the tires replaced and was charged $872. Didn't realize until a few hours later the difference. Reviewing the receipt a $25 per tire "certificate for refund" was added to the invoice without ever being offered or accepted. Called the Okemos location and was advised that "generally" they offer the certificate and "most people" accept the certificate. Of course it's typically accepted because they do not tell people about it - they simply add it to the invoice. They apologize and offer to refund this; which I accepted.

My question is - how may other people have been charged this amount and never had the certificate explained? My guess is multiple. Additionally, this is printed right on the invoice: https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates. Did not discuss certificates. That clearly indicates that they were added without the consumer's knowledge. Neither the service tech Bob, nor the manager Jim, could explain how the line "did not discuss certificates" appeared on the invoice. Illegally overcharging! Discount Tire is a scammer!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Low Tire light came on and immediately went to Discount Tire for their free Tire air pressure and to see why light went on. Tread life: 5, 4, 4, 4. Tires aired and took off. The next day Tire light back on & went to discount tire to check front left Tire. Could not see any source of leak. Tire salesman went out to check Tire and tread Life: 4, 4, 3,3. Advised him my tire tread was just checked less than two days earlier at their location and what explains the difference. RED FLAG. He further stated I need two tires per his conflicting Tire tread measurement. RED FLAG. Advised him I was only interested in the one Tire and he seemed angry and asked to look at Tire before replaced.

My wife's car is a Kia Forte with low profile and difficult to examine for nail or other basis for loss of air. Tire was brought to office for my inspection. Couldn't locate any source of air loss. Ask salesman where was the leak. He would only repeat, "You need to buy the tire." RED FLAG. Since I was flying out of town the following morning I didn't want to leave my wife with any Tire uncertainty and bought the tire. No copy of the tire estimate was ever provided me or receipt. RED FLAG. Asked about warranty on replaced Tire and said none, without any clear explanation. Three of those tires were purchased from Costco & one at Discount tire. No Tire rotation was ever offered. Have been bothered over this purchase since leaving Discount TIRE (2640 Windmill, Henderson NV).

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Dec. 3, 2021 walk-in by the Cass Ave store around 10:00 am. The assistant manager Adam (don’t know his last name) assist us about buying & changing 4 tires. He told us the time when it’s to be done. "Around 1:00pm," he said. So we waited and it was past 1:00pm when we saw our car still outside or still in the parking area? Why? Do they have a racial discrimination? Some cars were fixed already but ours still in the parking area?

This assistant manager ADAM did not even notify or telling us what’s happening with our car why they’re not taking care of it?!!! So I went to their register and ask when and why my car not being cared of? It was 1:30pm when they got my car in for service..So this assistant manager Adam should not be in any position and very impatient to assist to his customers or clients..He doesn’t even care not only of the vehicle but also our patience in waiting too much time…until we got hungry..Imagine from 10:00–2:00pm ..Please teach or train your personnel to be concerned and no racial discrimination…All must be equally served..Thank you..

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Regardless of whether I make an appointment and arrive a few minutes early or go in as a "walk in," it routinely takes at least three hours before they take my car back for service. Last time, they took all 4 of my chrome air caps and replaced with 3 dirty black air caps, leaving one without any air cap. This time, service took a little over 3 hours and I left with less quality and less quantity than when they serviced my vehicle! This is last straw for me. When I schedule appointments and arrive on time or early, an average of three hours of walk-ins are serviced first. When no one is left, they service my car. When I am a walk-in, everyone else is serviced first. This has been my experience the last 3 - 4 times that I took my car there for service. I have been a loyal customer for many, many years, but I won't be going back!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I visited Discount Tire today hoping to buy tires and make Discount Tire my preferred tire store, however it did not come to pass. When I requested to purchase tires, the clerk asked for my telephone number. I informed the clerk that I prefer to keep such personal information private, to which he responded by refusing sale without my number. I asked to speak to a manager who informed me that my phone number was needed in case there was any issues with my newly purchased tires. I asked if Discount Tire was known for "issues." He said, "No." I asked him if he was willing to relinquish a several hundred dollar tire sale based on my refusal to submit my phone number. He did not offer an alternative, and told me he could not complete the transaction. I took my business to their competitor (Belle Tire). This is poor business practice, and I will inform others not to patronize this business in the future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

They were very good this time. They were polite and took care of me in a reasonable amount of time. They fixed the problem. I would recommend them. I had a flat and they gave me a new tire. I don't know what else you could say about this visit. It was quick and easy.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Months back I purchased 4 new tires and rims for my Tacoma including roadside hazard. I called weeks back about making an appointment to have the tires rotated and was told that no appointment was necessary. When I arrived at Discount Tire today about 10;45AM I walked up to check in and a gal told me she was finishing up with a customer and that she would be with me shortly. I sat down and waited 20 minutes before again walking up to the counter to be told that she had forgotten about me.

When I told them I needed my tires rotated they asked me when my appointment was. I told them I didn’t have an appointment since I called weeks back and was told none was necessary. Then they proceeded to tell me there was a 2 hour wait. There were no other cars in the parking lot at this time other than my Tacoma. I’m a firm believer that because I got upset over being forgotten they were sending me a message. Will I go back again, I think not, would you?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Tire replacement, fast, simple and easy! Husband ordered from work. I pull up, receive immediate service. In and out within 20 minutes. Great tires, well balanced, no issues at all! Tires are always the best price available and 1st quality!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

First rate service, warranty has saved me several hundred dollars over the years. Wait times for any service is typically 30 minutes...very reasonable. Their facility is very clean, both the shop and the waiting room.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I have NEVER received BETTER service from any Tire Dealership. They are extremely efficient on performing the best service and NO WAITING IN THE TIRE DISPLAY AREA. FAST! Also they have the best prices that I have found. ALSO Their Road Hazard Warranty is the best.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased 4 premium tires last year for a used car that I purchased. The car ran well & I never had a problem with the performance. I purchased the recommended warranty. When one of my tires was punctured, they replaced it. They run a very efficient office. It is well organized, well lit, neat, & the entire staff is professional.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Discount Tire tries and helps out for tires if you need air in the tires and they check the tires if and when they need to be changed or if you need help with which tires to get for the cars that people have.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Just introduced to Discount Tire in Kansas City and had to immediately replace a tire with a screw in it. Couldn't repair, so checked their options and decided on a mid-to-higher level quality tire for my passenger rear. They were quite quick and helpful, but... they didn't tell me about warranty options while I overheard others discussing it and was disappointed that I wasn't suggested such an option.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I replaced original tires on my 2015 Honda CRV. I wanted tires made in the USA and the salesperson at Discount took the time to check tires in stock to be sure they were stamped with "Made in USA". I made an appointment, they were prompt and efficient and courteous.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Took tire in for repair, nail in tire. After 2 and a half hour wait was told tire was repaired, tire was filled with air, no attempt to fix. Beware. If this is how they treat you after the sale I will never be back

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I purchased a set of 4 new tires today. Before I went in I had no issues with my TPMS. After the job was done I have issues. I was told that I have 1 wheel with a weak battery and 2 wheels with dead TPMS. This happened in the Discount Tire store in Johns Burg IL. I also had the same thing happen to another vehicle 2 years ago in Round Lake IL. I am writing this for you to make sure that you have it noted and checked with no issues before service is done. It may cost you a few hundred dollars. CAUTION.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Not 1st time, I took in a tire for repair, walked in documented and told to wait, I sit patiently at 1st 1:20, but keep noticing other walk ins buying tires being cared with the utmost devotion while I get thrown back & back. After 2:30 I complained in a respectable but higher tone and miraculously (I was next on line & will be called soon) at 3 hrs I was about to take my tire to a less prestigious shop but I did pay for a costly 80000 mile warranty! I got up again and I'm not very nice but also not insulting, I'm now officially next! Wow, it takes this to honor your paid warranty?

This is not the 1st time I've experienced this since I've been a customer for a long time, Is: why don't you get prompt service after tires & warranty are bought and why is a repair literally or almost not important? Got bad, but now worse business, and will do tire & wheel purchases elsewhere, and warranty purchases there are gonna ruin your day if tire puncture, or other issues! Sad to see American businesses so greedy & not ethical in promises (in writing mind you).

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Want to give a big s/o to the manager James and his team!!! Excellent customer service! excellent service on my car!! I’m never going anywhere else. THANK YOU GUYS!! Would advise anyone to go there!!! Mobile Hwy store Pensacola FL

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Discount Tire on Westport Road in Louisville, KY is a pleasant Tire Repair Shop to have your automotive work completed. Myself and or my family have had 4 or 5 sets of tire replaced at this location, trailer tire completed and even complete brake work completed. We have been very happy with the workmanship, the pricing and the willingness of the management team to work with us to find the best possible pricing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I used to be Discount Tire customer for long time. In 2015 my daughter ordered a rim for her car and paid in full, meanwhile we sold the car and never collect the Rim. Time passes by and need tires were for another vehicle. I went to the same store we ordered the rim but they couldn't give me the credit for what we paid for the rim. I stop dealing with Discount tire. Few years back I wrote to customer service regarding what happened long time back, Surprisingly Regional Manager TOOK TIME to called me, first apologized then gave me a credit more than what we paid for the RIM.

Last week I wanted a some tires and did search online. DT was not the lowest, but the online chat Rep: Ms. ** was great to find the tires I wanted and discounted to match the competition and to make me feel important. Store guy was great to inform me lots I never knew regard to tires, then gave me the Rebate coupon too. Finally rebate offer number did not work, again chat online they even filled my rebate coupon and gave the confirmation number. Things have changed a lot. If one employee is great then it's That person but when it's happening thru out many steps it's coming down from top. It was a more than money's worth purchasing experience.. Thank you guys.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Free tire repair is nice but the employees let you know that don’t like repairing for free so parts in your car end up missing or replaced with other parts lying around the shop. Valve caps placed on vehicle were plastic - not the metal ones I had on the vehicle when brought to the shop. Tire rack has better deals and more selection. Any auto shop can rotate and balance tires.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I visit Discount Tire on W. Jefferson St, Joliet twice in one month. The first visit was on 7/7/21, because I had a tire with a slow leak. And the representative by the name of Matt, he was helpful by explaining different tire product and showed empathy. So 7/27/21 I came back to purchase two tires. Great customer service and Covid safe. D. **, Joliet.

Discount Tire Company Information