Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Costco - Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased top of the line Michelin tires in late 2019 for my work vehicle. The tires started leaking in January. First they said that’s normal because it’s cold out, then because it’s too hot, next visit because I drove the car too much, next - you got it - too little. So after 4 attempts to make an appointment - I got one- I let them know all tires leak, light came on 5 minutes after I left. They now say nothing wrong with the tires AFTER replacing the valves (leaking since January). Costco headquarters same sort of run around.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I have been a Costco customer for a long time and I thoroughly enjoy shopping there. Unfortunately, last few times when I took my cars for rotate and balance, they came back stating they cannot rotate since front tires have a mechanical issues. I told them that last time also they told me the same for the two tires and I had to beg and plead to them to honor the warranty since they were saying that I did not did all my rotate and balance on a regular basis at Costco. I showed them paperwork from other places where I did the oil change and they did complementary tire rotation. Finally, they agreed to give me partial credit for warranty.

This time around they told me the same MECHANICAL PROBLEM with the tires and when I asked them to replace the tires and honor the warranty. They started with the same argument and finally did not agree to honor the warranty and asked me to bring additional paperwork to prove that I did regular tire rotation. Today, I went to the dealership to get the oil change and requested complimentary tire rotation. Guess what, they DID NOT find any MECHANICAL problem with the tires. Shame on you Costco Tires. I am no longer buying tires at these dishonest place!

Original review: July 16, 2020

Went to South Jordan UT Costco with a leak. After over an hour with an appointment, they had it ready. About a month later, the same tire again was low. New appointment, over an hour, still not fixed.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have had my tires rotated twice, and twice they have broken lugs off the wheels. Replacement of these lugs costs in the neighborhood of $100! It's cheaper to buy your tires elsewhere, even if you have to pay $25 for the rotation!

Original review: April 28, 2020

I went to Costco to buy and install winter tires for our new car. When we received the car back there were scrapes and dings on each of the rims and when they put the tires in the back seat they knocked off a part of the center console of the car. I returned to the shop to let them know. The people at the store were very nice about it. Six months late and I finally get a response from their insurance agency saying they would not be resolving the damages in any way. I liked going to Costco, but as expensive as tires are, cars are a bigger investment. The savings from the discount rate for the tires I ain't worth the time and money of dealing with their insurance agency if something happens. If purchasing tires from Costco, have a reputable shop install the tires.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I have been changing tires for Costco tire center for more than 10 years and more than 5 vehicles. I just found out that they always use 'mechanical' reasons to refuse to give you the tire warranty to prorate your tire or refuse to use the hazer warranty. At first, I always believed in them and replaced tires with full cost although I did have a little doubt. But today, I got the similar problem again. One of the tire is almost worn out within the tire warranty and other 3 are ok. They told me they can not rotate the tire and they don’t want to use the warranty to fix the tire problem and said it is because the ‘mechanical’ problem again! I feel that the warranty Costco tire provided looks false to me!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I went to the Costco on East Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95823. I paid for new tires and for them to change the TPMS. They checked the sensors and told me only one needed to be changed so I got that done and paid for it. I got my car back and noticed the TPMS light was still there. They said when they backed the car out the TPMS light was gone. I came back to Costco and asked them and they said there might be another sensor or some malfunction. They never fixed it and I paid them for nothing. The picture of the guy is below, his name is Alec **. Please be careful if you are getting your TPMS installed here or any work done.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Bought 4 new tires for my 2010 Camaro. Initial order was wrong on the rear two, so had to go back; carelessness on their part. Several months layer, driver's side front tire developed a slow leak. Went back for repairs, and was told tech found nothing wrong. Leak continued. Had to go to a real service station to get the issue rectified, which was done promptly and successfully. Based upon my experience, would not recommend Costco for tires -- sorry!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Costco West Des Moines simply uses their appointment system to get you come to their shop, and they have no intention to honor the appt. I made an appt for 2pm, but they drove my car into the garage only at 3:20. In the meantime a walk-in customer who signed in at the time as me picked up his car already. So you are better off just walking in without bothering to make an appt.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Service technician stated the TPMS sensor was damaged during installation and the tire suddenly went flat while driving 14 hrs later. Tire was fine during start of drive (4 miles) and then suddenly went flat. It had the appearance that the sidewall bead was never set properly during installation. Interesting that is went flat in 30 seconds. After they re-mounted the same tire, I was given the write up about the sensor. If I were the technician, I would have at least wiped down the brand new tire that went flat. There are ways to build on a bad customer experience as this, and they failed miserably!

Costco - Tires Company Information