3.2/5 (114 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Costco - Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?

Original review: April 27, 2022

Costco, Union NJ Warehouse. On 4/16 I ordered a set of 4 Michelin Tires for my Cadillac SRX and on 4/20 I ordered a set of 4 tires for my Chevy Express Passenger Van. On 4/21 I received an email that my tires for the van were in. I proceeded to call and make an appointment for 5PM on the that day, the 21st to install the tires on the Chevy Van. My son and his 8 month pregnant girlfriend met me there since they drive the van.

We arrived 4:30 PM. Dropped the van at the tire center and I found out that the tires for my Cadillac were also in. So I said to the tire center manager Justin who was helping Us that maybe I could get those tires put on today also. He said he was alone and it would be a while so I said, "No Problem. I will make an appointment for another day on those." He also said that his lifts only lift 10,000 pound and it might be a problem with our van. I checked and our Van is Curb Weight at 6,408 lbs. Shouldn't be a problem. We left to go in and shop.

About an hour and a half later I get a call from the tire service that he can't install our tires and to come back to the tire center. He said the van is too heavy and he can't put it on his lift according to the paperwork or something. So he tells us we can get a refund of the installation and take the tires with us or they will refund everything. I said OK I'm not happy, This should be disclosed that vans and larger SUV's tires will not be installed, but I will take the tires I guess and have them installed somewhere else. He takes me to customer service for the refund and leaves. The nice lady at customer service asks me all the details and then calls over her Manager who used to be the manager of Tires. He comes over and I explain the situation and he says he will go to wait and he will go over and speak to the tire center guys.

He returns and informs me that he spoke to them and they will install our tires. It is now around 6:15 PM and we have a full shopping cart, we spent around $350.00. We are sitting at the tables by the customer service and food court on the hard benches. almost 2 more hours go by and I take a walk outside to see if they are working on our van and No Not Yet. At this point my Son looks in our cart and Sees that there is a Skirt Steak we bought for $33.38 and it is warm and has been sitting for about 3 hours and I decide to return it since I wasn't expecting to be sitting here this long and with his girlfriend 8 months pregnant, he doesn't want to risk eating it.

At this point the young manager sees us still waiting and is like your still waiting. They refund the steak and she calls her boss the other manager back who proceeded to go back to the tire area to see what was going on. He comes back and apologizes and says their manager isn't in Today, but he would speak to him about this and they are working on it now. Around 9PM I decided to get a refund for the other tires I ordered for My Cadillac as I was not going through this Again!

When I told the Manager this I said I would get it from BJ's or another Company, He Said but their price is higher than Costco's. Honestly Saving $100 Isn't worth the 5 hour Wait and Treatment I received. It was evident that they did not want to install our tires and since they were told they had to by that manager they were going to punish us by making us wait till the end. The tire guy Justin called us several times asking weird questions. We finally left the store around 9:20PM. So from 4:30 to 9:30 with a 5PM Appointment. The next day Friday I called Customer Service to explain what had happened and the nice lady said she would pass the information to the Manager of the Union Store and I would receive a phone call or email from that Manger. NO ONE has reached out to me at All!

Original review: April 5, 2022

I could not be more upset with Costco. I parked my car on the tire center designated parking spot. Went to the tire center and dropped off my key. About one hour later I return to pick up my car. Only to find it parked not at a tire center assigned parking spot but parked in a high traffic random spot and with a dent in my car. I filed a claim, but Costco will not take responsibility for a damage that occurred while my car was under their custody and care, because they claim they are not responsible once the car leaves the workshop. I did not have the keys to my car or control of it when the damage happened, and they refuse to take responsibility. Costco needs to take responsibility and pay for the damage that happened to my car while it was under their care. The incident happened on March 22, 2022, at the Reno Location.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2022

We swapped RAV 4 winter tires to summer tires this Tuesday (3/15/2022) at Costco warehouse which located at 35 John Birchall Rd, Richmond Hill, ON. On Friday (3/18/2022) the car is making noisy sound during driving. Found out 5 lug nuts installed on front left wheel are loosing and can be taken out by hand. The wheel is almost fall out. At that time there were 2 kids on the car. If driving on highway, the tire will fall off. One lady and 2 kids will have big trouble. Towed car back to Costco. Costco only refund the installation fee and pay tow fee. This time Costco is almost killing their customer. Very bad experience with Costco this time.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

- Software issues: I purchased my tires and the software let me schedule it a week after that for my appt, I show up and they don’t have my tires. It didn’t alert me that my tires had not arrived. Better yet, the software should not allow you to schedule times before the tires arrive. It’s a bad system.

- Communication issues: the appt says 45 minutes, but when I’m there in person they say 1.5 hours. If I knew that I would have scheduled my day differently and had someone pick me up or at least brought a book.

- Customer Service issues: There was nobody at the desk for 20 minutes. I was 10 minutes early for my appt but didn’t talk to someone till 10 minutes after. And it takes him almost 10 minutes frantically searching Costco’s very outdated software to find my order number. I thought for sure they were gonna turn me away AGAIN saying “we don’t have your tires yet” even though I made sure to call the day before to confirm. But I wouldn’t put it past Costco Tires to screw that up after all this. And finally…

- More Communication issues: my appt was at 12:30pm today and for some reason their system sent me 2 automated texts reminding me of my appt at 3:30am this morning. I already got babies at home waking me up in the middle of the night and don’t need Costco texting me at 3:30am waking me up too. I can understand a text 48 hours before appt or 24 hours before or just 2 hours before but not 3:30am. And why remind me of my appt so thoroughly if you aren’t even going to show up to my appt on time anyway?

I can’t speak for the rest of Costco but the tire installation experience has been very unpleasant.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I don't remember how many sets of tires I bought from Costco. In the beginning, the services were excellent, and suddenly go south. I remember when I had flat tires, I just need to drop by the Costco tire department and they would repair the tires immediately and put fixed tires back to its place. It should be this way for an emergency since you can only use spare tire in a short time. Now if you have a flat tire to be repaired, you can drop the tire there and they don't fix it right away. You pick it up the fixed tire later, then you have two choices:

1. pick it up and put it back yourself.

2. make an appointment for them to do it.

This is the way Costo tire departments handle your emergency. Imagine you have a flat tire in the freeway and you call AAA. Does AAA tell you to make an appointment for the emergency service? My advice to Costco: If you can provide good services then get out of the tire business.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Unbelievably slow. Ordered tires for my truck on 11/19. Arrived at Manassas, VA store 11/26. Going through their awful website I cannot get an appointment to have them installed until 12/8. Every other tire shop in my area has them in stock and can do them same-day. Good thing I don't need these in a hurry and the price/discount was good. Hopefully they won't return them before my scheduled install date!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Costco beat everybody’s price on my 4 tires for my truck. They even give me a $150 rebate. Truck tires can be very expensive, so you must shop around for the best price, remember it’s your money, use it wisely.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

They have a good selection and the sales reps are knowledgeable and friendly. They gave me information on each style tire that I am interested in. They have a excellent return policy if I am not happy with my selection. They also have a maintenance and service department if I have any problems.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Competitive pricing. Comprehensive free service and warranty (Tire repair, rotation...etc.) Almost a non brainer for people who has Costco membership. Only complaint is they do not offer alignment service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

After making an appointment to install new tires that I bought somewhere else, since they didn’t have them available, I was told when I got there that they don’t install tires bought somewhere else. Not a mention of this on their website or appointment site. Wasted my time going there. Got them installed at Tire Kingdom without any issues. If you cannot do it, state it on your website.

Costco - Tires author review by Kathryn Parkman

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Costco - Tires Company Information