1.47/5
Based on 213 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

267 Costco - Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

I bought 4 Bridgestone tires with 75K warranty on them. Two of them have 2/32; in 2 years and roughly 20K miles, and therefore need to be replaced. My warranty was not honored because I didn't have tire rotation records. I never expected this from Costco in Plano, TX (East) and told them I have performed tire rotation according to schedule. I had done tire rotation with each oil change at a Dealer and didn't keep the records (technically I could do tire rotation myself but they wanted a receipt from a reputed place). Luckily, Toyota has an owner's website which has all the records and tomorrow I am going to show them these records and see what happens. I will never buy tires from Costco. Moreover, I am canceling my Executive membership. Amazon Prime and Sam's Club; here I come.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Took car 7-16-2018 to COSTCO TIRE CENTER 1430 S Ashland Ave in Chicago Illinois for scheduled 4 tire rotation and rebalancing. Noticed after work completed that all 4 original hubcaps were had deep scratches and abrasions. I know how my hubcaps weren't in this condition before taking car to COSTCO for tire servicing. I hand washed the car the previous day and no hubcap damage present. I decided not to inform tire dept of damages because no confident that they would acknowledge nor accept responsibility for damages to hubcaps. Don't want to hear "the damage was there before car was serviced." Customary statements of DENIAL.

What do I and other customers have to do before our vehicles are brought in for service??? Remove hubcaps, rims, etc??? After this incident I have no faith in this COSTCO'S ability nor interest in protecting my car's more vulnerable parts. New tires and scratched up and dented hubcaps don't exactly go hand in hand at least not on my vehicle. I'll not be returning to This COSTCO AUTO CENTER and will take my car elsewhere. Now I have to LOCATE, PURCHASE and REPLACE the ORIGINAL hubcaps on my 1999 Mitsubishi GALANT???

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought tires and had them installed at the store in Westbury, NY. The gentleman who helped me was very nice. He explained everything to me. And my wait time was just under 90 minutes. Not bad considering I was the last walk-in appointment on the last day of the tire sale. The sale price and 1 cent installment were a great value. I used a card provided through my union. While there I shopped for the household things I needed, some I can only get at Costco. Like sleeves of hot-cups, and a box of lids. I also got a few early Christmas gifts. All a great value. Many the same price as online stores or even cheaper. I even had a slice of pizza and a strawberry & frozen yogurt sundae. A treat as I waited for my car.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm very dissatisfied with Costco tires service. I purchased 4 tires at Costco tires on 86th street and Michigan road Indianapolis, with 50 miles warranty. After while my back tire was deformed and making a noise, and felt like driving on square wheel. I went back to them to change that tire, because it was under warranty. They didn't do so, they said that I haven't done rotation, so they won't give me proration price, instead they told me to pay full price of $174. I was so pissed, and I said to them I'm not coming back to you guys, never. And I wish no one goes to that place, it's wasting money.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had my stock tires replaced for a first time since I got the vehicle brand new from a dealership. The car is at 20 000 miles and I take a really good care of it. I know how what was the condition of my wheels before I dropped it at Costco for the installation. After the installation I noticed scuffs on all wheels and I came back to the shop. The scuffs are very specific and are right where the rim meets the tire. Most of the scuffs go along the inner edge and were clearly done during the installation. The outer edges are perfect. The manager said they didn't do it, but took pictures and I filed a complaint.

The next day I received a call from Costco and a lady told me I am not getting compensated, because the technician put in the invoice that the wheels were scuffed. This invoice is prepared after the installation. They did not ask me to acknowledge any damage before the installation even they gave me a call asking for more money to replace sensor holders. She (the claim lady) also said that she's not an expert, but these scuffs could be done by rocks. Take a look at the pictures and decide for yourselves if you want to bring a car that you care about to their shop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: May 10, 2018

First time at Costco Tires - researched 5 different options and Costco priced out $100.00 less than next closest option but not because of tire cost per unit - in that they were almost on par with manufacturer direct - but in installation cost, disposal fees etc. That was where they won. Ordered the tires and paid for everything online on the 27th of April - tires arrived at the store on the 8th which was my appointment date - I was very lucky there - the tires got there before my scheduled appointment. My appointment was at 2 and they finished the installation just after 4 pm - it was a half-hour longer than estimated but this was ok.

I noticed a lot of whitish grease on the wheels but did not really make issue of it - and left. It wasn’t until today - the day after installation - that I truly saw what an incredibly disgraceful state my car had been delivered in. My car is a 2013 and has 62k miles on her - she is not perfect but she is in good shape. There was SIGNIFICANT white grease all over the wheels and the tires - I figure it assisted in mounting the tire to the rim but I’ve replaced tires before and NEVER seen gobs and smears of white grease left on the wheels and tires.

Remembering how little the installation cost was I “sucked it up” and decided to clean the wheels myself - and - with the exception of the clumped grease which took a little bit of work was able to wipe it from the wheels and tires without much issue. Irritating - but fixable. What has prompted this review - what has caused the most upset however is the damage this place did to my wheels. There was some minor curb rash on the front driver side wheel and a scrape on the back left - small - but I knew of these because I agonized over them. You know what I mean - you know where the scratches bumps and nicks are and they drive you nuts. EVERY single wheel on my car has been damaged - rims scraped and scratched - wheel surfaces gouged - apparently the manufacturer of my particular wheels coats them in a type of film which I did not know or notice until now.

It took sections of it being gouged out for me to understand there was a coating TO BE gouged out! Removing the significant white grease revealed the underlying damage - whatever machine they use to mount the wheel on that removes the old and assists the installation of the new trashed my 4 wheels. It’s no joke - my colleagues were shocked who saw them as I am known to keep a nice clean car - and the worst part is that I can really no longer address it with this business - they can say the damage was present before the work and I have no way to prove otherwise.

The cost to repair the damage with a wheel restoration shop - in time without car (renting a car as the wheel repair shop essentially needs the wheels off the car to do their work) is only eclipsed by the cost to purchase 4 new... and both exceed the most expensive installation estimate I researched while shopping for tires. I could have lived with lack of cleanup but not damage. In my view if you cannot perform a service without damaging someone’s property maybe you shouldn’t be doing it? I wouldn’t have agreed to them doing the work if they had said, “Well we won’t clean up the mess we leave on the tire and wheel and we’ll likely damage your wheels permanently but hey it’s cheaper than everyone else right?”

Yes it was cheaper but one of the joys of getting the best price is getting the best price on a perfect product I could have paid more for and didn’t. Paying less for something imperfect and just “cheap” isn’t satisfying. The work was sloppy - absolutely no care nor regard was given for my property or how in the hell I would feel upon discovering what had happened and there is no way the guy who did the work could NOT have known what they did. Yet they presented it in that state anyway which is actually to me unbelievable gall. But they were right - in the end. I let them get away with it. Don’t do the same - make the time and take the time to take pics of your wheels in the parking lot at Costco before you even go in. Then check them carefully at pick up - I wish I had done this. No - I won’t be back. I would like to think I learn from my mistakes.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Never go to Costco Tire Center if you are not tire expert! They recommended and installed lower load index tire in 2017. My tire was blow out 3 times within 4 months due to a pothole on a highway (around 70 miles/hour) and my all wheels were bent. While I got a Costco road hazard warranty service 3 times, they did not notice it! Finally, they found their mistake in April 2018. So, I claimed fee of wrong tires, 3 times previous warranty installation, and fee of new wheels. Costco accepted new tire cost only.

Costco and Gallagher Bassett, which is Costco's claim third party company, denied my claim with ridiculous answers. They mentioned there is no relationship between lower tire load index and flat tire due to pothole on highway (driving speed was around 70 miles/hour). I believe there should be a relationship. Otherwise, why did OEM and manufacturer establish a tire load index, which is tire load carrying capacity? Money does not matter, I want justice! I am considering a class action or small claim. It will be a long long fight. So, if you are not a tire expert, NEVER go to Costco.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Today I had the worst experience at Costco Tire in Plano. I took my car there and as the tires were worn out after 38K miles (warranty was 80K) I was supposed to get the warranty credit, I was given so much hassle and was told that I will not even get the 4th tire replaced on discounted warranty price because it still had a very little thread left before it qualifies. I said let's do 3 then, well then we can't give you a warranty on the new three. OK, but before we go to that point I was challenged that I did not maintain the tires (rotation record) was not up to date, the first one was missing as I got that one done at the dealership, the last 3 were done at Costco but since I did not have the very first one after I replaced at Costco I could not prove that I did it.

I had to call the dealership and had it faxed to them, the funny thing is it was all in the hands of that individual CJ, just looked at it and said, "Oh ok so you did it." As if I was lying, unnecessarily he gave me trouble. I brought to him my last wheel alignment, but what about the one from 2 years ago? "You have to do an alignment every year." I said I did (I have a lifetime alignment deal with Firestone), then I had to get an email from Firestone. Again he really didn't care, all he wanted was to discourage me and make things difficult for me, never had an experience like that at Costco. Discount Tire guys are the best, only got warranty credit for three tires. Lost $110 for a person who just didn't like my face I guess. Wish I would have never bought them from Costco.

Resolution response: March 5, 2018

Finally, they took a look and fixed the other tire as well. I was pissed off when I was on the phone but they resolved the issue kindly so I would like to close the issue.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought winter tires at Costco since I trust Costco brand and I have been a member for a long time. However I was surprised when I deal with tires. I noticed air is leaking on two tires so I ask them to check them out. Luckily they fixed one of tires for free. After a few days I noticed one of checked tire is almost flat so I called the service center and then they asked me to bring the car. So I said I can't drive the car since it is flat and he told me to use the spare tire and bring it to them. So I replaced it with spare one. I called next day to book the appointment and the guy told me to bring a tire only. What? How can I bring a tire without the car? He also asked me to come earlier since all day is already booked. So I came early around 9:20am and another guy said it opens at 10am so I had to wait outside in the cold weather. This location is in Dundas and Winster Churchill area. What a shame Costco!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Stay away from COSTCO!!! If I could give ZERO stars I would. They have caused numerous problems since I got the tires put on my truck last year. The tires are great... the service they promise after the sale is TERRIBLE! The mechanics are inexperienced and rude. They keep you waiting for HOURS to get the service done, while other customers who are paying for tires are taken ahead of you. They kept me waiting for almost 3 hours once to repair a tire with a screw in it. Then, when I get home we find the screw is still in the tire! They never even did the service I requested! Then when I took it to another mechanic he tells me that my lug is cracked from being over tightened.

Costco employees refused to accept the blame a had the nerve to say they NEVER TOUCHED MY VEHICLE! Obviously they did. Last week when I went there to have the tires rotated and balanced, they forgot to put my tire key back in the truck and I had to drive an hour and a half back to get it... Then when I get there, there is no one at the counter and I was left waiting... and waiting. When someone FINALLY comes out to talk to me, he has no idea where the key is... and has the nerve to say I was rude because I explained to him that I was in a hurry to get to work. NEVER will I go back. And I will get my current COSTCO tires serviced somewhere else from now on.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Terrible! The Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin location is slow as can be. We purchased 4 tires online and expected tire professionals to be able to simply install them. They told us that there was a 3-4 hour backlog. I'm here checking in after 5 1/2 hours and they say it's still 30 to 40 mins. What a joke. Never. Never again. They need to hire professionals that can work at a decent pace. Not these lowly paid kids that have no idea what they're doing. The inconvenience is not worth the money saved. Never again. Costco is a joke!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Bought the set of 4 tires online Costco.com. They clearly said, "Whenever the tires arrives to warehouse, we'll call you for installation." NOT TRUE. They never called, after 3 weeks I had to go myself. Installation was a nightmare, until today after one month, they couldn't do it right. Horrible.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Sent me out the door with 10/32 difference between front and back tires (I bought two new tires) 8/32 left on the two tires I kept. Not a word said about the difference in tread depth. I ran into slick roads. Put it in 4 wheel drive. Lost my front diff in 90 miles. A little over $4000 I am back on the road again. Costco just backpedalled and claimed A lot of things that were not said. So be aware. They are just selling tires. I will never be back. I need a company that watches my back and takes care of me.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Recently had Costco in Sudbury, ON install (4) new Michelin X-Ice snow tires on my 2012 Chrysler 200. They had broken wheel nuts, and stripped (3) studs on the one rear tire, and could not repair this problem, and had to pay my own mechanic $160.00 to repair their mistakes! They had no training or proper tools to adequately remove the wheel nuts, e.g. high torque air/electric impact tool, did not use penetrating oil, had no torches to heat the wheel nuts to remove instead of breaking them!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I am extremely disappointed today in Costco's Tire Center in Lehi. I purchased a set of 4 tires 2 years ago for my 4-Runner and the other day I hit some debris on the highway that blows out one of my tires to the point of not being able to repair. I went into my Costco today under the assumption that while I was still under the warranty of the tires that I would have to replace them at a prorated price. They told me however that although I bought them as a set and would have to buy 4 new tires as a set (they will not sell you just one tire for a 4 wheel drive vehicle). They do not honor their warranty as a set. They will only cover the damaged tire.

So even though the other 3 tires have another year or more left on them they say that I have to throw them out and buy brand new with no compensation just because one tire was bad. What is the point of a hazard warranty after 1 year if they're going to make you pay full price for the other three good tires? Even when they do say they will cover the one damaged tire they will not combine it with any other discounts which turns out are cheaper than the warranty coverage. I left the tire center frustrated and feeling duped into a warranty that was worthless. I did not buy any tires today, since I have to basically buy brand new tires I will shop around and find someone that has a better warranty and service. You failed me today Costco, you have one very unsatisfied customer that will more than likely never buy tires from you again and will be telling many of my friends my story.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

First time purchase of tires at Costco - Extremely poor service. Can never reach them over the phone. Long waits at service counter, poor managing of appointments. Was told my car wouldn't be ready for 5 hours even showing up for my appointment 15 minutes early. Save time and money and go elsewhere. Will try to get a refund and seek service elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I am a Costco member. Today I came to Costco located at corner Dallas Pkwy and Eldorado Pkwy in Frisco Texas to get the rear new tires in for my vehicle 2005 Mercedes S500. Its cost $510.77. When the job done and I drove back home I hear some noise in the rear side, it's not normal. I came back to the shop and notify to tech about that issue and found out they make 1 of lug bolt broken.

It seem like they did not accept that fault, they ask me go to dealer or another shop to fix that and bring back the receipt for reimburse. I am really not satisfied with this service and the way they resolved the problem at this store. I think Costco need to change the manager of this tire center and all technician need to be re-training for how to handle the job they did. I promise I never come back to this store again and just notify to all customer and neighbor in Frisco and Little Elm area have to pay attention when bringing your vehicle to this Tire Center to change your tires if you don't want to get a trouble like me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had 4 new tires installed by the New Berlin, WI Costco. While they were being installed I watched the tire technician take one of my tires which has an expensive polished aluminum wheel, place the face of the wheel directly on the concrete floor and pull off the wheel weights. The air was out of the tire so the wheel was loose in the tire and when he flipped on to the concrete floor it definitely made contact. I immediately pointed it to the service manager who indicated that this is not their normal procedure and he would discuss it with the tech. I said I was concerned about damage to the wheel and would inspect it as soon as the installation was complete.

The wheel was damaged and I took the manager out to see the damage. He had me fill out a claim report and ultimately the claim was denied for lack of "conclusive evidence." My suggestion is this, if you do have COSTCO install tires on your car, take the manager out and inspect each wheel before and after the installation. This way if they damage your wheels there will be no question was to when it happened. Otherwise, they will not admit to the damage.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I am a long time Costco member and recently became an executive member. For years I have never had a problem getting new tires prorated because the tires didn't last as long as the warranty. Last fall I brought in my Sedan to Costco tires in Pleasant Prairie, WI. My tires were very low on tread and I wanted new tires prorated. The tech told me he was going to do that for me but his boss stopped him. His boss came and said my tire tread was not below 2/32. He said it was at 5/32 which was not true. So I left mad and ended up coming right back.

I got another tech there to check the tread and he said it was 4/32. So I just left and thought I'll drive the car more and wear down the tires even more. The next summer I brought it back in again and the tech said I need new tires. I said ok but I want them prorated. He said he'd have to check with his boss. The boss came out and gave me the same spiel. "Your tread isn't low enough." I've never had a problem with this before, but after seeing all the bad reviews about Costco tires I will never buy tires there again. What's the purpose of being an executive member if they are going to treat you like that?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

If you value things like customer service, efficiency, and YOUR time then do yourselves a solid and don’t try to order and install tires through Costco - Tires. I went to the Hoover AL location, got there first thing, and didn't have tires installed until 5 pm. "First available appointment" wasn't for 3 weeks, so I had no choice. Kind of a joke.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

On 8/15/14, we purchased 4 65K Tires (Item #596085) from Costco. Our car had 100,816 miles on it. Yesterday, in preparation to send the car off to Seattle with my college age children for them to use while away at school, I had the car looked over by our mechanic. Our mechanic mentioned that the car was in good shape except for the 2 front tires which were at 1/32. Our odometer is now only at 130,195. Therefore, I took the car to the 48th Ave. Hillsboro Costco yesterday for a 6pm appt (which still took 2 hrs), and was told that they would only rotate the tires and would not replace or give us any credit.

This morning, I took the car to an independent tire specialist who confirmed that they needed to be replaced. Today, I took the car back to Costco; the Aloha one, and Shane the manager looked at the tires. He said, that it was due to an alignment issue and therefore they would do nothing for us. I said we have brought the car into them, and they have rotated the tires; he looked at the computer and confirmed, but said that this was an alignment issue and he would do nothing for us. The car IS aligned and this is not the problem.

He then started typing and looked up and said he could sell me 4 brand new tires for $568. I waited expecting him to say and "we will credit you" and when he didn't I asked about a credit. He said not credit would be offer because the issue is clearly due to the car being out of alignment. It was an insult for to be quoted for 4 new tires when the tires I originally purchased only had 30K on them. I will not be back to Costco for tires. This is not the kind of service I expect. I am very disappointed in Costco. Their warranty is worthless and Shane was worthless.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Bought tires for my son when he visited from NY. I live in NC. Bought 4 tires at Costco in NC on 7/1917. He went back to NY and on 9/2/17 he got a flat tire. He contacted Costco in Nanuet NY. The tires are supposed to have a 70,000-mile warranty. They told him they couldn't help him because the tires were in my name and I have to be there. Had I known I never would have bought them in NC. I guess they didn't want to lose the sale. Why would I buy them in NC if I have to be in NY for the warranty. He had to go to another tire store and spend $150 for a new one. Is this really the company you want to deal with? I have been a member of Costco for years. I will never deal with Costco again. I will now will be spending my hard earned money at "SAM'S CLUB".

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Had a flat tire and brought it in for repair under road hazard warranty. Was told it couldn't be repaired due to run flat damage. Tires were Michelin Latitude Tour and I was told they were discontinued. Tires still had 60% wear left but was told all four had to be replaced for $800. Not much of a warranty. Found matching used tire and had it installed elsewhere for under $100.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Absolutely AWFUL experience at 205 Vineyard Rd, Edison NJ 08817. I will NEVER do business with Costco again. This the second time for my second car they did the same. Technician told me that wait time 2 1/2 hrs. After 1 1/2 he call me and told they can't remove the Tire nuts. I have to take to mechanic and remove them and put new nuts. They sold me all 20 nuts, I went to my mechanic. He had no trouble removing them and replacing them. Next day I went back to the Costco replace the tires. This time the wait time they told 21/2 hrs. After 2 hrs they called me told that I need to replace one sensor. I told them go ahead and replace. After 2 1/2 as they did not call me I went. They told another sensor bad but I do not need to replace them but the tire warranty won't cover them. This time I notice they are doing the same for the customers in front me. I think this a pattern they using on most of the customers.

After completing the work they just give only one of the sensor empty box with the forms to complete and mail them later to get the warranty cover for the sensor. When I bring the form and try to complete them It requires new part identification number and the old part that was replaced identification number. When I went to Costco and asked them they can't provide them. The question here I am not sure if they replaced them or not?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Absolutely AWFUL experience at St. James location in Winnipeg. I will NEVER do business with Costco again. It all begun with a small low leak about 3 weeks ago, which I took to Costco to repair due to the warranty on tires. Everything was fine. 2 days later, the leak begins again in the same tire. We took it back. The people could not tell us if this was another puncture or the same one as there was "no notes on file" from the mechanic and he had gone home.

About a week after that, the low tire pressure light comes on again. SAME TIRE. My mother and I went (both females) as my Dad couldn't get the day off work and I was scheduled to work 2 hours away that weekend. This mechanic with NO customer service skills tells me that my car is basically a junk and needed TONS of work. Including 4 BRAND NEW tires, a wheel alignment and new shocks. I told him that was not possible, I just had my car repaired in April (its June) and they told me my struts may need work in about a year but everything else was fine. He told me my car was rubbing the insides of my tires bald because of a bad wheel alignment and my shocks were gone. Like I wouldn't know if my shocks were gone??? He was so pushy and insisted that I may even need to look for a new car at this point due the repairs.

He told me the garage I used was obviously not very good and I should consider HIS recommendation a place down the street which specializes in tire issues. He told me it was unsafe to drive and quoted me new tire prices over $800 and while I said I needed to discuss this with my parents - he called the company to confirm the order! Not only did I walk out of there empty handed. I went off to two other mechanics. They had an absolute laughing fit that my car was in shambles. It was absolutely fine and did not even need a wheel alignment. My struts and shocks were great. No serious issues on the horizon. They said I could buy new tires if I wished but the amount of wear I had was absolutely normal. They both agreed that I was 100% being scammed. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WOMEN THINKING WE DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I bought 4 brand new Dueler H/L Alenza Luxury SUV Tires at 160.00 per tire excluding taxes that were advertised with a 65,000 mile warranty. A few years later and 31,000 miles on these tires, it has now become necessary to replace due to low tread. I am very, very disappointed to have paid this price only to experience under normal wear, use and maintenance (maintaining good air pressure/rotations) these tires not even lasting half the advertised warranty. This problem is what lead me to look into Costco reviews and, sadly, learn of the multitudes of others whom have suffered a similar fate. Initially I thought I had a good case for a significant pro-rate when reluctantly buying another new set of new tires there. But now, after reading through these complaints, I am convinced it will be a big waste of my time to even try talking reasonably with staff at this establishment.

I have decided to go to a smaller, regional tire store that does tires only. What makes this particularly difficult is the fact that my family and I have had nothing but very good experiences on the food and consumer products side of Costco. How can a store that does so remarkably well with regular consumer dry goods and fresh food and produce fail so miserably in their tire store??? Sad, sad story. Maybe someday the whizzes behind the regular store will commit to completely revamping the tire store to become more consistent with the remaining operation. I highly recommend you stay away from Costco Tires - at least until significant change takes place there.

Original review: July 6, 2017

So I made an appointment for 12:00 noon for a tire rotation wheel balance and to change a tire that had gone flat the day before. My wife arrived there at 11:45. Since it was lunch time I decided to meet her there for a Polish dog. I arrived at around 12:30 (SUV still sitting outside in the parking area), Had a Polish, sat down and talked.

AT 1:00, I looked in the garage and the SUV still not there. I had to get back to work so I left. And 2:15 my wife calls me and asked me what was supposed to have been done because in the 2 hours they had only put one new tire on. Of course they said "oh we could go ahead and balance the tires and do them but there would be another hour or two wait time"?? WHAT?? Not only that, they said it was against COSTCO's rules to put a single new tire on the front of a vehicle so they could only rotate one side. Long story short. Costco has good prices but you pay it back on hours wasted on the service side.

Original review: July 3, 2017

If you value your time and customer service then do not go get your tires done at Costco. What you think you are saving you will spend in time and frustration. The tire department does not have the basic customer service that the store exemplifies. This is the first and last time I will be going to Costco for my tires.

Original review: June 26, 2017

After purchasing four new tires and install from the Fort Collins Colorado Costco Tire Center, I went home later the same day and power washed my car. I noticed the installers had chipped three out of four rims on my vehicle. After filing a claim and speaking to one of their representatives, they told me they were "sorry" and how "unfortunate" the situation is, and then tried to say it was caused by rocks. I know that isn't true, since I wash my car weekly and I'm positive there were no chips on my rims prior to Costco installing my tires. No repairs were offered. If you are shopping for new tires, I would strongly suggest considering having another shop install them.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Quick overview - horrible service throughout and dangerously over inflated tire that I found even after the 25 mile check was performed. I contacted a store at Warden and was told they had the tires I want but they couldn't hold them. I drove in to be told they couldn't fit me in and to come back the next day, 45 minutes before the store opened. There was no signage about lining up which meant there were two lines of people who thought they were "the" line - this led to a lot of shouting.

I ended up at position 10 after being the sixth to arrive. We were then told, on entry, that they had only 13 slots. How can that be when they say they don't take appointments - this was clearly a lie as I heard them taking appointments while waiting. They would not call me to tell me the work was done so I spent 25 minutes calling trying to find out.

This is nuts and I'll certainly never go again but try it yourself. A sign about where to line up would be simple. Even numbers issued when you wave or enter your card. A call when the work is done. It would be simple to handle this in a considerate way. The final straw was that even after having the 40 km (25 mile) torque check I found that three tires were perfect but one was at 60 PSI when it should have been 32.5 PSI and the maximum rated was 40 PSI. This is their business and they can't avoid delivering a dangerously over-inflated tire!!!

Costco Pharmacy expert review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information