Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Costco - Tires

Costco - Tires
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Costco - Tires Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2020

I have been changing tires for Costco tire center for more than 10 years and more than 5 vehicles. I just found out that they always use 'mechanical' reasons to refuse to give you the tire warranty to prorate your tire or refuse to use the hazer warranty. At first, I always believed in them and replaced tires with full cost although I did have a little doubt. But today, I got the similar problem again. One of the tire is almost worn out within the tire warranty and other 3 are ok. They told me they can not rotate the tire and they don’t want to use the warranty to fix the tire problem and said it is because the ‘mechanical’ problem again! I feel that the warranty Costco tire provided looks false to me!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I went to the Costco on East Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95823. I paid for new tires and for them to change the TPMS. They checked the sensors and told me only one needed to be changed so I got that done and paid for it. I got my car back and noticed the TPMS light was still there. They said when they backed the car out the TPMS light was gone. I came back to Costco and asked them and they said there might be another sensor or some malfunction. They never fixed it and I paid them for nothing. The picture of the guy is below, his name is Alec **. Please be careful if you are getting your TPMS installed here or any work done.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Bought 4 new tires for my 2010 Camaro. Initial order was wrong on the rear two, so had to go back; carelessness on their part. Several months layer, driver's side front tire developed a slow leak. Went back for repairs, and was told tech found nothing wrong. Leak continued. Had to go to a real service station to get the issue rectified, which was done promptly and successfully. Based upon my experience, would not recommend Costco for tires -- sorry!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Costco West Des Moines simply uses their appointment system to get you come to their shop, and they have no intention to honor the appt. I made an appt for 2pm, but they drove my car into the garage only at 3:20. In the meantime a walk-in customer who signed in at the time as me picked up his car already. So you are better off just walking in without bothering to make an appt.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Service technician stated the TPMS sensor was damaged during installation and the tire suddenly went flat while driving 14 hrs later. Tire was fine during start of drive (4 miles) and then suddenly went flat. It had the appearance that the sidewall bead was never set properly during installation. Interesting that is went flat in 30 seconds. After they re-mounted the same tire, I was given the write up about the sensor. If I were the technician, I would have at least wiped down the brand new tire that went flat. There are ways to build on a bad customer experience as this, and they failed miserably!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Date: 12/16/19 Invoice: **, Time In: 7:05 AM. Time Out: 8:08. Membership #: ** 2018 Infiniti QX60 BASE. Hi, Costco Tire Centre at 3180 LAIRD DR. L5L 6A5, Mississauga- Invoice # **. Today I bring my SUV for OIL change. The appointment given for today 7 AM. I was second at the Costco but the gentleman (Mr. **) took me as 3rd customer which causes delay and I reach my office very late because 2 customer came for her SUV tire change and the first one was also same which cause delay in SERVICE.

I was there at 6:30 AM, thinking it will take 35 mins but they took my car and change the ONLY OIL in one hour. Reason I am complaining and sharing my experience how staff are betraying Customer. On the invoice the technician Mr. ** who confirm on the invoice (ITEM # **) with is Nitrogen Tire Inflation and at the bottom 10-point vehicle Release.

I wanted to know what is this AND What include in 10 point? Because they have done nothing except oil change and no system calibration due to which I am scared where there. Costco people have change OIL or not? because nothing was done no tire air, as still my tires shows uneven air in tires. I am so much unsatisfied by Costco with this show as they are just like LIE MARKETING but NO SOP follows. This is unacceptable and tell you this is my new car but job was not done and keeping delays -

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OTHER FAKE OIL CHANGEERS AND COSTCO UNBELIEVABLE- If I would have taped/ record this, I swear I would have wired on social media- just to let public knows who trust COSTCO no question ask. But COSTCO betrayed customer faith- Today I am very upset? I don't need COSTCO Membership if this how they mislead .

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered four tires at Costco.com and after 7 days two tires arrived at my local Costco in Tukwilla (WA). After 12 days I checked with customer support where the missing two tires are. Fedex lost the tires and I asked if they can send two more tires to Tukwilla. That was according to the unfriendly support lady not possible. In order to get the tires she needed to cancel the order and asked me to

1. Reorder the tires,

2. Call Costco in Tukwilla to let them know to send back the two tires to Costco.com.

Costco was short on the tires and told me that a reorder would take at least 10 days before the new tire order arrives in Tukwilla. That means to wait 22 days to finally get my tires. I cancelled my order and went straight to Discount Tire and had my tires two hours later on my car. Don't waste your time at Costco.com. They need to get their online order/management system updated to match the excellent online experience from Amazon.com. Costco.com is a waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

We came in to Costco Tire (Vancouver, WA) as our tire needed to be repaired. I had an appointment yet I had to wait 1.5 hours to get in. After waiting all this time it turned out they could not repair the tire and I would have to make another appointment to get a new tire. Why did it take 1.5 hours to tell me this? A week later my new tire was flat. I went back and they said it was a different tire that was flat. That I don't believe but I waited an hour for them to fix it. The customer service was cold and rude.

It's now two months later and my tire is low. My new tire has only one pound of pressure. I called Costco and was told their schedule was booked for tomorrow but I could go online to schedule. What business doesn't have access to their own scheduling? I went online (It took a long time to find where to go and I had to make an account on a third party site with a password different from my Costco online account). The schedule online was wide open. What another time waster, since Costco only allows a few appointments over the phone and can't see what is available. I now have to wait another 1-2 hours to get this new tire fixed. I rarely drive and have never had such problems with my tires before. I won't be back.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Beware Costco tire owners. When you have your tire rotation and balance, it is a good to mark your tires to make sure they really rotate the tires. They lied to me when they say they rotate my tires...

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I bought my Michelin winter tires recently. I got a flat tire yesterday. I asked for an appointment with Costco. They replaced it with a brand new one, because, they couldn't repair it. I think that this is the best place to buy tires. Because, they provide very good warranty for flat tires. There are constructions everywhere and there are high risks for having flat tires. So, I strongly recommend Costco tires.

Costco Pharmacy expert review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information