2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Costco - Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I booked winter tire change at new Costco at Buffalo Run, Calgary. We arrived at 6:30 pm for an appointment at 6:45 pm. After all paperwork was done I asked about the wait time and was told 1.5-2 hours. Then I asked if it is ok to take the car to fill in the gasoline while waiting and my car key was literally thrown at me by service desk person :(. We were also told that the cell phone reception is not the greatest in the store. So went to check out how the things are going after 1 hour and were yelled at because we were not supposed to come before 2 hours as they are busy.

After 2 hours (at the time the store is closing) the car was not in and I was offered to come the next day morning or wait outside until it is done - the weather in Calgary is cold and it was -3 C outside. I refused to wait outside and explained that I need to work the next day and was not planning the tire replacement, so we together with 3 more customers were waiting in the empty store. After 3 hours and 1 hour after closing the car was done. While waiting the staff was referring to us as those two since our car was the last one. Truly eye-opening experience. Definitely do not consider this Costco for your tire replacement.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

The customer service is insanity and Stockholders must know how incompetent and inefficient the tire department is!!!! The phone call is the beginning of insane infomercial of junk & zero related to the person calling!! #1 - #2 Costco managers are aware of the tire appointment online insanity crap. Always saying booked but when you drive there the bay has maybe 2 cars or 1. This is hurting Stock shares and future customers!!! I will take my business elsewhere but will cost costco BIG $$$ for abusing me after I'm locked into membership!!! Literally it will cost $20k plus in returning damaged goods, defective crap to hurt their bottom line. Remember, you screw w/ customers, they/I screw you back.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Attention guys of Tire Center at Boston Heights, Ohio, focus on your job and make customers' appointment CORRECT!!! My husband ordered 4 tires online for my car about a week ago and then this morning he received an email told him that the tires had delivered to the store. So he called the tire center to make an appointment for tire changing. I heard him speak to a tire center guy through his cell phone about his name, car made, and appointment time [THIS AFTERNOON 4 PM] TWICE to ensure that we got the correct information. However, the guy at the tire center told us they do not have our appointment on schedule today when we arrived at the store. We drove 40 minutes to get there and now we need to make a new appointment and then wait for another meaningless 3 hours to get tire changed. Seriously guys at tire center, think about the reason why your rating is only 1 star out of 5???? Think about it????

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

We went to Buffalo Run Costco on Sept 30th. We talked to tire staff in person about booking an appt to get tires mounted, we were told by the staff member “you have to book online” and he points to a sign on the window, here is where the fun begins... I tried to book online, no matter what time you picked, it comes up with an error message and you have to start over again. When you try calling the tire center, with the number posted on the website, it doesn’t work it is not connected. When you call the store, the tire line won’t connect, when you get administrative staff to connect you, the phone. It rings but no one will answer. So if you are looking to be frustrated, try to get winter tires installed from Costco. Otherwise, do what we are going to do and go elsewhere. Just trying to spend money!!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Costco has become the same as the other rip off retailers; refuse to warranty the MANUFACTURER warranty! Refused to cover their OWN work in installing faulty valve stems, tires leaked, said they'd replace under warranty of service agreement, THEN refused to saying that we actually needed news tires: THEN they refused to acknowledge we were in 100% compliance with the rotation schedule for warranty application of the NEW tires THEY said we needed to BUY!?! 5 HOURS wasted to get tires rotated and valve stems replaced in TWO TRIPS to this rip off scam hole in Middleton, Wisconsin. MICHELIN: you are being ripped off by using them as a Distributor, I don't even need to see the delivery numbers!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased top of the line Michelin tires in late 2019 for my work vehicle. The tires started leaking in January. First they said that’s normal because it’s cold out, then because it’s too hot, next visit because I drove the car too much, next - you got it - too little. So after 4 attempts to make an appointment - I got one- I let them know all tires leak, light came on 5 minutes after I left. They now say nothing wrong with the tires AFTER replacing the valves (leaking since January). Costco headquarters same sort of run around.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I have been a Costco customer for a long time and I thoroughly enjoy shopping there. Unfortunately, last few times when I took my cars for rotate and balance, they came back stating they cannot rotate since front tires have a mechanical issues. I told them that last time also they told me the same for the two tires and I had to beg and plead to them to honor the warranty since they were saying that I did not did all my rotate and balance on a regular basis at Costco. I showed them paperwork from other places where I did the oil change and they did complementary tire rotation. Finally, they agreed to give me partial credit for warranty.

This time around they told me the same MECHANICAL PROBLEM with the tires and when I asked them to replace the tires and honor the warranty. They started with the same argument and finally did not agree to honor the warranty and asked me to bring additional paperwork to prove that I did regular tire rotation. Today, I went to the dealership to get the oil change and requested complimentary tire rotation. Guess what, they DID NOT find any MECHANICAL problem with the tires. Shame on you Costco Tires. I am no longer buying tires at these dishonest place!

Original review: July 16, 2020

Went to South Jordan UT Costco with a leak. After over an hour with an appointment, they had it ready. About a month later, the same tire again was low. New appointment, over an hour, still not fixed.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have had my tires rotated twice, and twice they have broken lugs off the wheels. Replacement of these lugs costs in the neighborhood of $100! It's cheaper to buy your tires elsewhere, even if you have to pay $25 for the rotation!

Original review: April 28, 2020

I went to Costco to buy and install winter tires for our new car. When we received the car back there were scrapes and dings on each of the rims and when they put the tires in the back seat they knocked off a part of the center console of the car. I returned to the shop to let them know. The people at the store were very nice about it. Six months late and I finally get a response from their insurance agency saying they would not be resolving the damages in any way. I liked going to Costco, but as expensive as tires are, cars are a bigger investment. The savings from the discount rate for the tires I ain't worth the time and money of dealing with their insurance agency if something happens. If purchasing tires from Costco, have a reputable shop install the tires.

Costco - Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information