2.5/5 (552 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Costco - Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

4 times I have taken my car in for winter tire change and was told tire would not be installed because tires had too much wear on them, went to Toyota dealership and installed with no problems. So if you buy tires from Costco first install is problem free but don't expect good service after. Will never purchase tires from Costco again (2 different store locations). Only problem I've ever had with Costco.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

There was one real issue, I had a broken stud. Instead of saying, we'll not mount tires if the vehicle has a broken stud. The technician made up a bunch of nonsense to justify refusing service. The proper way to handle this is, 1) have a policy that states the company will not put wheels on hubs with a broken stud. This should be stated clearly when scheduling the appointment, not randomly by a technician. 2) Hand the owner the policy so they have it in writing. Instead the Technician fabricated issues to make it seem like he was justified in not performing the service. Also, he listed the device as AWD which it is not. Surely, if he had it on the lift, he could tell it was RWD only.

Is Costco Tire service reputation bad because Costco as a corporation doesn't know anything about Auto service or are the lawyers getting in the way of good, common sense service. The Costco technicians put the same wheels back on, put one wheel with a deflated tire on and didn't have the decency to inflate it to proper pressure. Secondly, I bought new tires because the old tires are OLD with little tread. Which is better, put new tires on or put the old tires on? They took the one or more of the wheels off, then put them back on while claiming they could not put new tires on the same wheels. So, despite the fact I've been a long time Costco customer, they treated me poorly. Just dishonest, bad, stupid, decision making and service. I can mount these tires myself in the garage, I just don't have a balancing machine. What happens next? If I take them in for balancing will they say they can't balance the wheels because they didn't put them on?

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Beware: CostCo in Henrico Virginia installed tires on my vehicle that resulted in gouges and scratches on all my factory aluminum wheels. After reporting this to the service manager he declared that he knew what had caused it in their process and asked me to complete a claim for a remedy. Today the claims department has declared that nothing they do could create the damage in spite of the service manager admitting wronging when reported. I am left to repair the rims myself. I patiently waited over a month for the claim to be filed and processed for this shameful declaration by CostCo to a long time customer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Hi just bought new tire a month ago and went to same Costco (Heartland Center. Mississauga) for flat tire repair. The tire dept person not cooperative both days during drop off and pick up they ask us come back again next day which is a heavy snow day to pick up tire, It doesn't look like they know how to even talk to customer. I regret even long time being Costco member I bought the tires from Costco, I don't recommend anyone to go to Costco at least at this location for tires.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I went for appointment at Costco wholesale Tire center to rotate tires at service location: Lawrence 605 TRKE. Technicians hardly look at tires and told me that logs were swollen, and I need a mechanic to unscrew them. The question arise -who are they then? I said it can easily be done if they would use in simple wrench when its taught instead of electrical. They refuse it saying that I would need to put new logs after they unscrew it. I said that I have a new logs present. Then they said they can not do it because of healthy issues. They keep the car there for 3 hours, and did nothing to help me and do their job. I went to repair shop near my home then. the guy who work there had done the job with occasional use simple wrench and hammer for an half an hour. So for those who is reading that be aware that guys who work there just there for themself not to help customers. And they are definitely not mechanics.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Some other reviewers had the same problem. I went there on 11/18/22 due to a leak in one of the tires on my 2010 Honda Accord EXL. The is an urgent situation and need immediately attention of the tire because it is not safe to drive in that condition of the tire. To my surprise I was told by the customer service person at the counter of the tire center that I have to make an appointment to fix the tire and that the appointment will be 10 days later. Other tire places will take care of this tire for the customer right away (may be waiting 2 hrs but not 10 days!). I will surely go the other places for my next tire purchases!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My car is a front wheel drive. For right front tire, the inside tire tread is 5mm, the outside tire tread is 6mm. For the left front tire, the inside tire tread is 6mm, the outside tire tread is 4mm. Costco claims that the left front tire wear is irregular and refuses to provide services. I need to buy new tires to obtain service by Costco. I protested that a difference of 1mm is not enough difference to refuse service. But Costco adamantly refuses and insists that I buy new tires to obtain service. How many people are refused tire service by Costco and indirectly forced to buy new tires to obtain service? This is a scam and Costco should be sued via class action lawsuit.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Tigard Oregon Costco. So here I am thinking I am saving money on 4 tires only to realized I have a dent on my car. This store claims they note all dents/scratches however, when I finally received my invoice after requesting it because they did not give it to me after the tires where put on the note on the dent is at the bottom. Most people/business do a check from the start not at the end since I happen to believe they are covering themselves. I asked to view the video while the tires were applied. It took three different phone calls with two different tire managers. The first manager did not know the policies the second one did. Finally I was able to view the video, of course they could have spliced it since they maybe unethical company to work with, secondly it was very long I could not wait for that time frame.

Even though I saw the first, middle part and ending I did notice they changed the tire installer. Not sure why? I had a different one at the end and the person who delivered it to me. I usually have a very good hunch and gut feeling that is right on, I happen to believe they did do it and not owning up to it. Be careful do not buy tires at Costco unless you want a dent on your car. I called my insurance company they said, if Costco refuses to show you the video you can be subpoena to show it. It is your right. At any rate, I WILL NEVER buy costco tires again, it cost me more than savings I can go les Schwab where they are honest!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Went there for rotation of tires today and the 1st thing is that the team member told me is to put a number on my own car therefore I had to walk to the parking lot and place a number on top of my car. They quoted me a charge of $240 just to replace 4 tire sensors which I thought was unreasonable. Therefore I decided not to go with the sensor since the tires are performing optimally. Next they did not bring my car around when I when it came time t for check out; however prior to this I saw them bring out other people's car when they finish with the service. I wonder why this was. I've been a Costco member for many years and this was the 1st time I felt like I was treated so terribly and not sure if I will return.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I was charged 10% of a $250 tire. My cost $107. I thought 10% of $250 is $25. Very Poor Policy, buy tires elsewhere! I was sold on their warranty at the point of sale but the company does not want to fulfill their warranty.

Costco - Tires author review by Kathryn Parkman

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Costco - Tires Company Information