Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

293 Costco - Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 1, 2019

We purchased tires in Edmonton AB Canada and were told we could have the tires rotated in Las Vegas, NV as we were leaving for the winter. We went to the Costco in Henderson and they refused to rotate our tires until they had a minimum of 5000 miles. The Costco in Edmonton advised us to rotate the 2 new tires to the back as soon as we got there so the wear would even out with the 2 older tires. I explained every way I could and they still refused. I called the manager in Edmonton and he tried to talk to the manager in Henderson. Nope... Nothing.

The manager from Edmonton said there wasn’t any way he could make another store do anything they don’t want to do. So how, when they sell you the tires, can they say their service is good at any Costco in North America? It is a sham. We returned to Edmonton and my husband took the vehicle in to have the tires rotated and they informed him that there isn’t an appointment available for a month. He explained that he is leaving for Seattle and he will void the warranty if they aren’t rotated and they just said they couldn’t help him.... Call other Costcos and see if they could do it. What a farce. Don’t bother going to Costco.

This was our first try as we thought they were cheaper than Fountain Tire where we normally went. Lesson learned. We will go back to the Callingwood branch of Fountain Tire. They may be slightly higher in price but at least they care about the customer. Costco has gotten so big they don’t care anymore. If you take your business elsewhere they know that your money won’t make any difference to their bottom line. This is what happens when you take away competition in the market.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My car showed low-pressure symbol and went to rotation for the car after 5000 miles yesterday. The mechanical service guy just want me to replace 4 sensors. He told me that, "Your car is 8 years old and should replace the sensors with $250.81." Costco finished the service and still show low pressure symbol yesterday. Today I went to tire center again and the service guy just let me know that low pressure and pump air to 32 PSI. Then I understand Costco tire guy just want to sell 4 sensors. My car just need more air. So everyone should be careful the trick.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I just purchased new Michelin LTX Defender and my vehicle now shakes at hwy speeds. Tires were rebalanced by costco. Car still vibration. The manager has not called me back. The store Alleges they do not do run force balance to find the defective tire... poor for a huge tire retailer with a looong wait for tire Dept assistance.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I WILL NEVER ever buy tires from Costco again. I have waited hours, weeks to get in to have tires rotated. I often wonder how many mechanics they have in relation to the number of tires sold. I can bet you not enough. Maybe they want people to get disgusted, walk away and then deny warranty claim for not rotating the tires as required. What a scam.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I walked in today at Parker CO's store today for swapping nitrogen in my tires. After the work was done I was made to wait for 10-15 mins just to get my keys back. The representative "Brandon" as mentioned on his uniform from Tire center took calls back to back and didn't bother to put the customer on hold and attend me. I felt because of my skin color I was treated that way. Could have put the customer on hold for 30 seconds and given my car key. Didn't apologize for his behavior and said he will take phone calls first even if I have to wait for more time. If he is treating customers based on the color or race then I must say that is not right. Proper coaching is required in such cases.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Attended Milton Keynes Costco today with a puncture - visible nail in back left tyre centre tread. Was told easy fix and could do it in an hour! For set cost of £9.99. Dropped the car off for to be repaired only to go back an hour later and be told the tyre was not fixable after all and that I’d have to buy a new tyre at £150!!! Obviously wasn’t happy, made a complaint for what it was worth. Requested my irreparable tyre back and the spate to be put on. And drove literately across the road to Fast Fit at Kingston - to ask their opinion... Tyre fixed easily!!! So like I thought Costco were trying to shaft me! Or completely incompetent!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Purchased Michelin tires from Costco several months back. These tires have a warranty if Costco rotates them every 7,500 miles. So when I went to get my tires rotated I was the first in line when they opened and was told it would be 45 minutes to an hour. At 11 I went to check on my car & it was ready. However they could not find the keys. This took a half an hour; my keys were found in a worker’s pocket. When I reviewed the paperwork my car was ready at 10:30 so it was left unlocked in the parking lot. Additionally I did not get a reminder sticker which they always attach to your window. Therefore I am very disappointed with the service. Their lack of management of the details leaves me to question what kind of job did they do on the rotation.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I bought Michelin tires (4) from Costco in September last year. The warranty was for 60,000 miles. I have driven a little over 20,000. When I went in to have them replace 2 tires because of excessive wear, they managed to void my warranty on one tire because I had a leak fixed not to their liking at a Cooper tire center. I live out of town and can't go clear to Costco to get a flat tire fixed. They voided the other tire warranty telling me I must have mechanical issues with my car. I DON'T. They said I had to bring proof. I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY MEMBERSHIP NOR SET FOOT IN COSTCO AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased a full set of tires and installation online 11/26/18. Tires were shipped via FedEx and are expected on 11/30/18. I stopped and made an appointment for installation on 11/30/18. The earliest appointment is 12/18/18. Really!!! I am driving on a spare tire and need them installed ASAP. Also the full charge is now applied to my credit card. No a happy Costco customer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On the recommendation of a friend I went to have my tires installed by Costco. They were friendly but understaffed the day I ordered. I was ok with that and prepaid. The tires were promised within 3 days. 2 weeks later I finally got my tires - I was told the wait would be 1 hour. I waited 4 1/2 hours for my tires and not until I demanded my money back did they actually move and do the work.

Since then - 75 days I have to add air to 2 of these tires every other day. No leak, no nail, they just do not hold air. The other two tires need air only every 30 days! In other words - none of them hold air. I went back to Costco twice and they very friendly. Said they would look at the tire but hotel wait would be 4 hours, the next time the friendly clerk said he could look at the tires if I waited about 6 hours. Do not buy their tires! These tires are nothing but trouble, there is no customer service unless you like to camp out in their shop for days and days. The tires are unsafe and not worth the money they charge. I truly have never had worse tire service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I had a flat tire and had bought tires from Costco. The tires were still in warranty after a year of changing. They said they provide went four year. In order to repair, I went four times to Costco, stood in line for one hour each time. When I called, I was put on hold on phone for one hour each time. They never call you back and don't care about you. They are horrible people who don't care about customers and shameless. I will never go back to Costco and am cancelling my membership. The supervisor is the worst possible person.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Ordered Tires from COSTCO for my wife's Acura since they did not have them in stock. After four days they said that they received a partial shipment, then called again and said that they have both tires. My wife took the car to COSTCO at Cypress TX to find out that they ordered the wrong tires. We lost four days during a very busy Thanksgiving week prompting us to cancel our trip due to their mistakes. I should have paid the $30 difference at Discount Tires Center and avoid the inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought tires from Costco Wholesale Club, I spent over $800.00 for Toyota Camry Tires. The most I ever spent expecting a good quality tire. I went to rotate my tires and was told they would not do it due to excessive tire wear. My tires have 3000 miles on them. Costco blamed my front end alignment on the excess wear. I have not had any problem with my car. My last tires were fine. Costco refused to honor any warranty. I'm really disappointed in Costco. 3000 mile tires. I believe the weight of the front end with braking caused the wear on the front end of car. They made the tires too soft. 3000 miles tires for $800.00. Someone needs to do something about this.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I never write reviews, but my experience at the Costco Tire Center in Gypsum, Colorado was so good compared to what I read in the reviews online, that I want to let people know. I bought 4 new Bridgestone Blizzak tires on Costco's online site, got a great price, and had great service when I got there. One key may be using the new appointment site at costcotirecenters.com. When I arrived the tires were there, and they were ready to put them on. I watched them work and they were very thorough and professional. At the end they even refunded the tire disposal fee, because I was keeping the old tires. I can heartily recommend the Gypsum Costco tire center!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I love the Costco store but the tire department is a nightmare! I called them two days ago to get four new tires. They said that they weren't taking appointments but if I dropped the car off between 7 and 9 am I could pick it up at the end of the day. After both my husband and I took time off work to get there at 8 am I was told that they were not taking any more today nor tomorrow. Which means that if I want to go back we will need to take more time off next week and who knows what will happen them. Sure their tires seem cheap but our time has value too which totally negates the savings of their pricing. I have found another place that will do them tomorrow. I'm hoping they will price match but even if they don't it is worth it to pay a little more and save us the frustration and lost income.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

First time ordering tires through Costco and I will never buy tires from them again. Ordered on 11/2, spoke to someone to check status on 11/6. I was told that I will be notified when tires arrive and today, I found out tires were delivered on 11/7. Apparently they take your money and that's a wrap for them; never got any notifications. Piss poor communication!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Costco's warranty is worthless. Their tires don't last half the miles they claim. Let's say you bought 90,000 miles tire, and the tire wore out at 40,000 miles on your odometer. What they do is that they give you all kinds of reasons why the tires wore out. They blame it on your car and on your driving habits, and they tell you after that the warranty is good only if you rotate your tires every 5,000 miles (ridiculous), every time I went to rotate I wasted a whole day. Then they give you the runaround from one dept. manager to another junior manager to a third manager, meanwhile you are waiting until you get exhausted. They are professional and well trained to frustrate their customers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I bought a new set of Michelin tires and Costco installers did such a lousy job balancing them that my car shook violently for 3 days until I had the time to take it back to them. This time I watched. All the tires were out of balance according to the guy who re-balanced them especially my front tires. He said that is why the car and the steering wheel shook so much. It never shook before I got the new tires.

I also watched them tighten the lugs with a big air gun, and when I asked how much torque was on the lugs they weren't sure but then used a torque wrench to make sure there was ENOUGH torque on each lug. I noticed all were so tight that the click type torque wrench was unable to further tighten any of them, they all exceeded the torque that was specified, and they made no attempt to back them off and tighten them to the correct torque, which was listed on my paperwork.

After the tires were balanced and left leaning against the car there was a long wait which ended when another mechanic started to rebalance the tires a THIRD time. I asked and he was unaware they had just been balanced. Their team system doesn't seem to work well, three people worked on my tires and no one knew what the other people had done. When the work was finished I left, and the car now rides as smoothly as it did before I got new tires. I like the tires, I like the price but the poor service cost me 3 hours of my time and I'm pretty sure my lug nuts are way tighter than they should be. I hope they don't break when it's time to take them off.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Just bought four Michelin tires at the Baxter MN location and was coming in to do my first tire rotation after 6000 miles. This was on a Thursday, four days earlier my wife noticed a nail was in sticking out the sidewall of the rear tire. So I called on Monday and made an appointment to have my tires rotated and have them look at the damaged tire. I knew they are not able to fix tires when the hole is on the side and that the tire will probably need to be replaced. It didn't seem to be leaking air so the possibility was that the nail didn't go all the way through.

When I talked to Brittney she said that they didn't have that tire in stock and would have to order it and that she would call me back on Tuesday. She verified my phone number. She did not call back. I arrived on Thursday at 3:55 for my 4 pm appointment and was told that it would be an hour. I brought up the nail issue and the kid didn't know anything about it. I told him that if it is bad that I need a replacement tire on there and did not want to driving around with a doughnut spare. He said if there was an issue he would call me while were shopping the store. Never called. Went back at 4:35 and the car was out of the shop and done and I was happy that it took less time that it did.

Guess what, when asked about the nail, a different kid said they put the doughnut on and put the damaged tire in the trunk and that a replacement would be ordered. I got a bit angry and told them I was not leaving without that tire being replaced. The kid ran into the shop and got Jeremy and he said that was all they could do. So I asked him what should I do if I get a flat tire. His response was, "What would you do if you had two flat tires on the road." Uh. I told him that would be my problem and that my car is here now at a repair facility and it needed to be taken care of. He went at got one of the store managers, I think his name was Eli.

Eli (after he told the story) told Jeremy to call a competitor to see if the had one in stock (they did) so Eli drove over and picked the new tire and had he himself with his good clothes on helped to get the tire replaced. So after 2 hours and 5 minutes I finally left with partially thawed shrimp and wontons. Eli gets an "A". Brittney and Jeremy Big Fat "Fs".

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

It took four visits at a Ft. Worth Costco before a salesperson was present in the tire store. He was courteous but simply pointed to the stacks of tires toward the back of the salesroom when I insisted on actually looking at the Michelin tire he suggested for my Lincoln. After searching through all the stacks of tires I found the right ones stacked horizontally about 5 high. I took the top one and placed it on the floor to examine the tread pattern, when suddenly Mark, the manager, came storming out of the install area and began berating me for taking the tire off the stack.

He was having none of my explanation of being told by the salesman to search through the stacks if I wanted to examine the tire before purchasing. Nevertheless, I liked the tire but by now several people were in line to purchase so I decided to return later that evening. I did, and was making the purchase when my newest Costco card, which I had I had activated a few hours earlier, wouldn’t work.

The manager, Mark, was called to assist. In a very insulting manner, he asserted that I was either over my limit or that I had a purchase limit on the card, even though I assured him the zero balance account did not have any such limitation. He refused to take the time to call to check on the problem, and kept insisting it was my problem and that my account likely was insufficient. I went to member services; they called and the card was instantly activated. I decided against giving Mark my business and ended-up paying a little more for the same tires at a real tire store down the street, but it is worth every penny to be treated courteously by a true professional.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Bought Costco tires for my car 2 1/2 years ago. They would not put them on my car unless I bought new lug nuts. They said the old ones were rounded off. They weren't, I just did the brakes a week earlier myself. I would have replaced them myself. One of the tires ripped apart on the freeway. Bought it back to get warrantied out. No problem. Won't finish installing a 2nd time unless I bought new lug nuts, Again. This time they told me because they swollen. When I ask to demonstrate. They put the original manufacture lug wrench on lug, and wrench was bigger than lug. It seems the lug shrank? Not swelled. Tired of arguing with them. Purchased enough lugs so I can get my car back. BTW: just did all 4 brakes a month ago. All lugs were the same size. BS SCAM. Going to Goodyear next time for tires.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I bought 4 new Michelin tires for my Xterra. Every 5000 miles I took my tires in for a rotation. Here is the catch. After the 3 rotation, one of my tires had a slow leak. Costco said I needed a new tire because it was in the sidewall. 2 rotations later, I had another slow leak. This time they REQUIRED that I get 4 new tires because a new one would have too much tread. Two rotations later, I had another slow leak. This time they said the tire was leaking air because of a repair that they did not perform. They said the tire needed to be replaced because the repair could not be fixed so again I needed a new tire.

What's interesting, I always went 5000 miles without any issue. The only times a slow leak appeared was IMMEDIATELY after the rotation at Costco (Parker CO). That coupled with the fact that my car has only been seen by Costco tire people in the past 3 years and I have security lugs on all four wheels, there is no chance that someone else put the incorrectly repaired tire on my car. I change all my fluids and filters so I am the only one other than Costco to work on the vehicle. If you have had similar issues, please list here and I read them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had a flat tire but luckily or so I thought, I was near a Costco. So I limped in and the manager took my information, tire size etc and said it would be one hour before my car could get in. So I waited. When they got to my car they informed me that they didn’t have that tire in stock but another warehouse 40 miles away did. Now on this day it was snowing, I asked if it could be delivered to this warehouse and they said no. So they put my “donut” spare on and threw my flat tire in my back seat! I did drive in the bad weather and then waited another 2 hours before that store could fit me in. I got a new tire but I was fuming! Never again will I buy from Costco. Their customer service is horrible and no one seems to have even adequate skills in communication.

Later I found out that Costco’s tires are cheaper because they are slightly defective from the manufacture. They may have a blemish or off balance tread or something that went wrong in the making of the tire but not up to the standards of the manufacture brand, so they sell them cheap to Costco. So, if you bought Michelin tires (or any other name brand) they may advertise at 65,000 miles you will only get 35,000 if you're lucky. The tires will wear wrong, be off centered or off balance. And don’t forget their ** disposal or road fees. It’s all money to the company and a hassle for the consumer.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had my first ever 60 mph run flat which ruined the tire. COSTCO adjusted the new tire and 3-5 days wait for a replacement 4 days still waiting! Called MICHELIN direct and the tire is available locally more than one place. COSTCO however does not use MICHELIN direct. I have had to cancel trips on the highways as the spare replacement has a max 50 miles and 50 mph. I understand COSTCO prices may not use local but when a replacement tire is needed immediately they should make an exception. I will never use COSTCO to purchase tires again!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

It seems that there are two different (or even more) versions of their road hazard warning. Today they denied my claim saying that they didn't cover curb damage if there was damage to any other part of the car, pointing to scraping on my hubcap. I was confused by this, as hubcaps aren't really a part of the car, but a removable protective part of the tire, so I asked for clarification before I left (I had to have them put on a spare because I couldn't afford an outright replacement). At that point, they stated that they didn't cover curb damage at all. So I looked at their road hazard warranty, and the one online doesn't mention curb damage at all (in fact, it specifically states that it covers impact damage), and the one they gave me in the store says the following about curb damage:

"Curb damage where other vehicle components were also damaged during impact (are not covered)." Now, I'm not saying that my reading comprehension is perfect, but that reads to me that curb damage is covered except in cases where other vehicle components are damaged. Now, I guess you could argue that the hub caps are a vehicle component, but if this is the case, they may as well just say that they don't cover curb damage because if you hit a curb, you're gonna scrape your hubcap.

But I learned my lesson... I'm going to park out in the damn road from now on and just hope no one hits me cause I scraped the tire (and my hub cap) I'm pretty sure from pulling up to the curb when dropping my daughter off for school. It's just so frustrating when you choose a company for a specific reason and then you get burned. No more Costco Tires for me, I suppose.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Found the tires online and thought saving $200 by going to Costco would be awesome. 2 hours to install, ok still worth the savings. Drove home and it felt like I was in a paint shaker. Took it back to them and told them, they checked them and told me that one of their balance machines must have been broken 'cause one of the tires was an ounce off, took them about 40 minutes. Drove home, still shaking. Took it back to them, they did it all again, 2 hours this time. Told them they all “zeroed” out and that if I had any further issues I should take it to a mechanic to be diagnosed.

Still shaking from 50 mph +. Speed limit on the local freeway is 70 so traveling with a sealed soda in my car would lead to a sticky explosion if I tried to open it. My brother is a mechanic and took it to him. All tires were off. Driver front 1.25 oz, driver rear .5, passenger front .5, and passenger rear 2.5 oz. The best part was that they never took any weights off when I came back in the 2 times. They just would spin them and slap new weights on to counteract the poor placement of the previous weights. So overall it was not worth the time to save $200. I will never buy tires from them again and if it weren’t for the good prices on everything else I wouldn’t buy anything from them ever again.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I bought 4 Bridgestone tires with 75K warranty on them. Two of them have 2/32; in 2 years and roughly 20K miles, and therefore need to be replaced. My warranty was not honored because I didn't have tire rotation records. I never expected this from Costco in Plano, TX (East) and told them I have performed tire rotation according to schedule. I had done tire rotation with each oil change at a Dealer and didn't keep the records (technically I could do tire rotation myself but they wanted a receipt from a reputed place). Luckily, Toyota has an owner's website which has all the records and tomorrow I am going to show them these records and see what happens. I will never buy tires from Costco. Moreover, I am canceling my Executive membership. Amazon Prime and Sam's Club; here I come.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Took car 7-16-2018 to COSTCO TIRE CENTER 1430 S Ashland Ave in Chicago Illinois for scheduled 4 tire rotation and rebalancing. Noticed after work completed that all 4 original hubcaps were had deep scratches and abrasions. I know how my hubcaps weren't in this condition before taking car to COSTCO for tire servicing. I hand washed the car the previous day and no hubcap damage present. I decided not to inform tire dept of damages because no confident that they would acknowledge nor accept responsibility for damages to hubcaps. Don't want to hear "the damage was there before car was serviced." Customary statements of DENIAL.

What do I and other customers have to do before our vehicles are brought in for service??? Remove hubcaps, rims, etc??? After this incident I have no faith in this COSTCO'S ability nor interest in protecting my car's more vulnerable parts. New tires and scratched up and dented hubcaps don't exactly go hand in hand at least not on my vehicle. I'll not be returning to This COSTCO AUTO CENTER and will take my car elsewhere. Now I have to LOCATE, PURCHASE and REPLACE the ORIGINAL hubcaps on my 1999 Mitsubishi GALANT???

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought tires and had them installed at the store in Westbury, NY. The gentleman who helped me was very nice. He explained everything to me. And my wait time was just under 90 minutes. Not bad considering I was the last walk-in appointment on the last day of the tire sale. The sale price and 1 cent installment were a great value. I used a card provided through my union. While there I shopped for the household things I needed, some I can only get at Costco. Like sleeves of hot-cups, and a box of lids. I also got a few early Christmas gifts. All a great value. Many the same price as online stores or even cheaper. I even had a slice of pizza and a strawberry & frozen yogurt sundae. A treat as I waited for my car.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm very dissatisfied with Costco tires service. I purchased 4 tires at Costco tires on 86th street and Michigan road Indianapolis, with 50 miles warranty. After while my back tire was deformed and making a noise, and felt like driving on square wheel. I went back to them to change that tire, because it was under warranty. They didn't do so, they said that I haven't done rotation, so they won't give me proration price, instead they told me to pay full price of $174. I was so pissed, and I said to them I'm not coming back to you guys, never. And I wish no one goes to that place, it's wasting money.

Costco Pharmacy expert review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information