Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Costco - Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Unbelievably slow. Ordered tires for my truck on 11/19. Arrived at Manassas, VA store 11/26. Going through their awful website I cannot get an appointment to have them installed until 12/8. Every other tire shop in my area has them in stock and can do them same-day. Good thing I don't need these in a hurry and the price/discount was good. Hopefully they won't return them before my scheduled install date!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Costco beat everybody’s price on my 4 tires for my truck. They even give me a $150 rebate. Truck tires can be very expensive, so you must shop around for the best price, remember it’s your money, use it wisely.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

They have a good selection and the sales reps are knowledgeable and friendly. They gave me information on each style tire that I am interested in. They have a excellent return policy if I am not happy with my selection. They also have a maintenance and service department if I have any problems.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Competitive pricing. Comprehensive free service and warranty (Tire repair, rotation...etc.) Almost a non brainer for people who has Costco membership. Only complaint is they do not offer alignment service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

After making an appointment to install new tires that I bought somewhere else, since they didn’t have them available, I was told when I got there that they don’t install tires bought somewhere else. Not a mention of this on their website or appointment site. Wasted my time going there. Got them installed at Tire Kingdom without any issues. If you cannot do it, state it on your website.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I was so frustrated during my last visit to Costco tire center and decided never visit them again. Long story short: Tire center personnel have refused to install the new tires on a front of my front-wheel drive vehicle per my request. They explained to me that Costco policy requires new tires installation on rear only for driving safety reasons after multiple customers' complains on accidents while new tires were on a front. Costco concluded that new tires are safer on rear. Those statements was a simple lie.

In fact, after talking to the store manager I learned that this practice has nothing to do with safe driving. While on a front, the tires wear out faster than warranty could guarantee and many customers request replacements. This brings losses to Costco and tire manufacturers. So the manufacturers requested Costco to install new tires on rear only to extend their life and avoid replacements. I believe this practice is not just misleading, it is dangerous. For front-wheel drive vehicles new tires on a front provide the best grip, steering and stability during a bad weather. Costco is protecting profits and not drivers' safety. Moreover, tire manufacturers claim warranty mileage which they cannot provide.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

This is the first and last time I'll ever buy tires at Costco... I know why it's important to take to a local tire shop whom inspects breaks and other issues. I had just had my truck tires rotated not even a month ago... I live in hill country and use my truck for work and sometimes have loads... at the arrival to work I hear the infamous grinding coming from my front tires... my brake pads were shot and grinding into my rotors.... all it takes is 2 seconds to look at the disk brake pads when a tire is off.. Something every other tire shop I've been to does and lets you know the condition... given they also do brakes but when they warn me they are low I do them myself...

Costcos' tech who seen my truck could have spent 2 seconds to say, "Hey you need new pads soon.." instead I'm sent on my way...any amount of money I saved from the "better price" was lost in new rotors, time and loss of my work vehicle...I will never buy tires here in my life... shame on me for not supporting the local guys... and having techs that check the integrity of the brakes and other parts necessary for safe driving.... Never again costco!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Bought tires online from Costco website 9/15/21. Got an immediate email asking me to schedule my appt. Scheduled 9/26/21 10am. I show up and was told by Justin that they don't have my tires. He asked if I received confirmation of them shipping? I said, "They aren't being shipped to me, they were being shipped here for you to install." I asked, "What do you have here that can fit on my 4 Runner." He said nothing except these Bridgestone Alenza Plus and they are $300 more than the Michelins I bought. I said what???.

Asked for a manager. 2 minutes later Warren comes walking with swagger that was obvious he was bothered a customer asked for his time. I started to explain my situation and he Said, "We can put those on for $300 more... I'm not giving them to you." I said this is crap. He obviously could not care less. SO many things could have gone better customer service-wise here. To beat the drum harder, I received a confirmation of another purchased order from the website within 20 minutes of my appt time for 1 tire. I bought 4 two weeks prior almost... Not sure what's going on at Costco... Not impressed with Management that's for sure.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have always purchased my tires at Costco and frankly have advised others that this was the place to go. Then I found the hard facts why they are not the place to purchase tires.... I purchase Michelin tires for my Honda Odyssey, one tire went out when my son was driving after around 10,000 miles. He happened to be close to the Costco where we purchased the tires so he took it in. Upon looking at the blown tire they mentioned that they do not stock and will not order tires for the Honda Odyssey anymore and if you want to use the warranty of the tires then you have to go to a Costco approximately 40 miles away as they have a few in stock.

Needless to say went to America Tires and replaced all Michelin Tires with Defenders which was the correct tire for the Honda Odyssey to begin with. Price after installation charges, which Costco does not charge for, was only approximately 1% more than Costco with the exact tire that should go on to the Honda. From now on will go to America Tires for all of my tires, as they have offices throughout the US and it is easy just to go to any shop and have them repaired. First time to say NO WAY to Costco, but from now on I will do a little more intelligent purchasing rather than just going to Costco and not paying attention to what I am purchasing.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Went in to get a tire to replace one losing air. Wanted old one inspected for possible defect (relatively new tire). Rather than having an oddly new tire and 3 older looking ones, I opted to buy 4 new tires for $800. They called me while I was shopping inside the warehouse to tell me the tire had been deliberately punctured, so not a manufacturer defect. Tire service gets done and I get called that vehicle is ready. After paying I get in the car to find out it had been violated. First, the radio channel was changed and is blaring some insane music, the seat back is reclined backward, the heater is on high, and the console computer that syncs personal phone and has map functions had been tampered with- essentially this person was more concerned about prying into my personal affairs rather than do a tire change.

Online, I complained about being violated in this manner and I got a bizarre response email that I could have my old tire back and they would give me a replacement tire filler I had used to maintain pressure in the tire so that it could be driven. They never addressed the issue of a predator violating my privacy. Turns out, the tires were not properly balanced since this guy wasted time playing with the console functions to check my phone numbers and destinations. I had to spend more money to get the tires balanced properly since I went elsewhere- was not going to trust Costco to get in my car again. I will never go back for any vehicle service at Costco.

Costco - Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information