1.02/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Costco - Tires

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

250 Costco - Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had 4 new tires installed by the New Berlin, WI Costco. While they were being installed I watched the tire technician take one of my tires which has an expensive polished aluminum wheel, place the face of the wheel directly on the concrete floor and pull off the wheel weights. The air was out of the tire so the wheel was loose in the tire and when he flipped on to the concrete floor it definitely made contact. I immediately pointed it to the service manager who indicated that this is not their normal procedure and he would discuss it with the tech. I said I was concerned about damage to the wheel and would inspect it as soon as the installation was complete.

The wheel was damaged and I took the manager out to see the damage. He had me fill out a claim report and ultimately the claim was denied for lack of "conclusive evidence." My suggestion is this, if you do have COSTCO install tires on your car, take the manager out and inspect each wheel before and after the installation. This way if they damage your wheels there will be no question was to when it happened. Otherwise, they will not admit to the damage.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I am a long time Costco member and recently became an executive member. For years I have never had a problem getting new tires prorated because the tires didn't last as long as the warranty. Last fall I brought in my Sedan to Costco tires in Pleasant Prairie, WI. My tires were very low on tread and I wanted new tires prorated. The tech told me he was going to do that for me but his boss stopped him. His boss came and said my tire tread was not below 2/32. He said it was at 5/32 which was not true. So I left mad and ended up coming right back.

I got another tech there to check the tread and he said it was 4/32. So I just left and thought I'll drive the car more and wear down the tires even more. The next summer I brought it back in again and the tech said I need new tires. I said ok but I want them prorated. He said he'd have to check with his boss. The boss came out and gave me the same spiel. "Your tread isn't low enough." I've never had a problem with this before, but after seeing all the bad reviews about Costco tires I will never buy tires there again. What's the purpose of being an executive member if they are going to treat you like that?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

If you value things like customer service, efficiency, and YOUR time then do yourselves a solid and don’t try to order and install tires through Costco - Tires. I went to the Hoover AL location, got there first thing, and didn't have tires installed until 5 pm. "First available appointment" wasn't for 3 weeks, so I had no choice. Kind of a joke.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

On 8/15/14, we purchased 4 65K Tires (Item #596085) from Costco. Our car had 100,816 miles on it. Yesterday, in preparation to send the car off to Seattle with my college age children for them to use while away at school, I had the car looked over by our mechanic. Our mechanic mentioned that the car was in good shape except for the 2 front tires which were at 1/32. Our odometer is now only at 130,195. Therefore, I took the car to the 48th Ave. Hillsboro Costco yesterday for a 6pm appt (which still took 2 hrs), and was told that they would only rotate the tires and would not replace or give us any credit.

This morning, I took the car to an independent tire specialist who confirmed that they needed to be replaced. Today, I took the car back to Costco; the Aloha one, and Shane the manager looked at the tires. He said, that it was due to an alignment issue and therefore they would do nothing for us. I said we have brought the car into them, and they have rotated the tires; he looked at the computer and confirmed, but said that this was an alignment issue and he would do nothing for us. The car IS aligned and this is not the problem.

He then started typing and looked up and said he could sell me 4 brand new tires for $568. I waited expecting him to say and "we will credit you" and when he didn't I asked about a credit. He said not credit would be offer because the issue is clearly due to the car being out of alignment. It was an insult for to be quoted for 4 new tires when the tires I originally purchased only had 30K on them. I will not be back to Costco for tires. This is not the kind of service I expect. I am very disappointed in Costco. Their warranty is worthless and Shane was worthless.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Bought tires for my son when he visited from NY. I live in NC. Bought 4 tires at Costco in NC on 7/1917. He went back to NY and on 9/2/17 he got a flat tire. He contacted Costco in Nanuet NY. The tires are supposed to have a 70,000-mile warranty. They told him they couldn't help him because the tires were in my name and I have to be there. Had I known I never would have bought them in NC. I guess they didn't want to lose the sale. Why would I buy them in NC if I have to be in NY for the warranty. He had to go to another tire store and spend $150 for a new one. Is this really the company you want to deal with? I have been a member of Costco for years. I will never deal with Costco again. I will now will be spending my hard earned money at "SAM'S CLUB".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Had a flat tire and brought it in for repair under road hazard warranty. Was told it couldn't be repaired due to run flat damage. Tires were Michelin Latitude Tour and I was told they were discontinued. Tires still had 60% wear left but was told all four had to be replaced for $800. Not much of a warranty. Found matching used tire and had it installed elsewhere for under $100.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Absolutely AWFUL experience at 205 Vineyard Rd, Edison NJ 08817. I will NEVER do business with Costco again. This the second time for my second car they did the same. Technician told me that wait time 2 1/2 hrs. After 1 1/2 he call me and told they can't remove the Tire nuts. I have to take to mechanic and remove them and put new nuts. They sold me all 20 nuts, I went to my mechanic. He had no trouble removing them and replacing them. Next day I went back to the Costco replace the tires. This time the wait time they told 21/2 hrs. After 2 hrs they called me told that I need to replace one sensor. I told them go ahead and replace. After 2 1/2 as they did not call me I went. They told another sensor bad but I do not need to replace them but the tire warranty won't cover them. This time I notice they are doing the same for the customers in front me. I think this a pattern they using on most of the customers.

After completing the work they just give only one of the sensor empty box with the forms to complete and mail them later to get the warranty cover for the sensor. When I bring the form and try to complete them It requires new part identification number and the old part that was replaced identification number. When I went to Costco and asked them they can't provide them. The question here I am not sure if they replaced them or not?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Absolutely AWFUL experience at St. James location in Winnipeg. I will NEVER do business with Costco again. It all begun with a small low leak about 3 weeks ago, which I took to Costco to repair due to the warranty on tires. Everything was fine. 2 days later, the leak begins again in the same tire. We took it back. The people could not tell us if this was another puncture or the same one as there was "no notes on file" from the mechanic and he had gone home.

About a week after that, the low tire pressure light comes on again. SAME TIRE. My mother and I went (both females) as my Dad couldn't get the day off work and I was scheduled to work 2 hours away that weekend. This mechanic with NO customer service skills tells me that my car is basically a junk and needed TONS of work. Including 4 BRAND NEW tires, a wheel alignment and new shocks. I told him that was not possible, I just had my car repaired in April (its June) and they told me my struts may need work in about a year but everything else was fine. He told me my car was rubbing the insides of my tires bald because of a bad wheel alignment and my shocks were gone. Like I wouldn't know if my shocks were gone??? He was so pushy and insisted that I may even need to look for a new car at this point due the repairs.

He told me the garage I used was obviously not very good and I should consider HIS recommendation a place down the street which specializes in tire issues. He told me it was unsafe to drive and quoted me new tire prices over $800 and while I said I needed to discuss this with my parents - he called the company to confirm the order! Not only did I walk out of there empty handed. I went off to two other mechanics. They had an absolute laughing fit that my car was in shambles. It was absolutely fine and did not even need a wheel alignment. My struts and shocks were great. No serious issues on the horizon. They said I could buy new tires if I wished but the amount of wear I had was absolutely normal. They both agreed that I was 100% being scammed. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WOMEN THINKING WE DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I bought 4 brand new Dueler H/L Alenza Luxury SUV Tires at 160.00 per tire excluding taxes that were advertised with a 65,000 mile warranty. A few years later and 31,000 miles on these tires, it has now become necessary to replace due to low tread. I am very, very disappointed to have paid this price only to experience under normal wear, use and maintenance (maintaining good air pressure/rotations) these tires not even lasting half the advertised warranty. This problem is what lead me to look into Costco reviews and, sadly, learn of the multitudes of others whom have suffered a similar fate. Initially I thought I had a good case for a significant pro-rate when reluctantly buying another new set of new tires there. But now, after reading through these complaints, I am convinced it will be a big waste of my time to even try talking reasonably with staff at this establishment.

I have decided to go to a smaller, regional tire store that does tires only. What makes this particularly difficult is the fact that my family and I have had nothing but very good experiences on the food and consumer products side of Costco. How can a store that does so remarkably well with regular consumer dry goods and fresh food and produce fail so miserably in their tire store??? Sad, sad story. Maybe someday the whizzes behind the regular store will commit to completely revamping the tire store to become more consistent with the remaining operation. I highly recommend you stay away from Costco Tires - at least until significant change takes place there.

Original review: July 6, 2017

So I made an appointment for 12:00 noon for a tire rotation wheel balance and to change a tire that had gone flat the day before. My wife arrived there at 11:45. Since it was lunch time I decided to meet her there for a Polish dog. I arrived at around 12:30 (SUV still sitting outside in the parking area), Had a Polish, sat down and talked.

AT 1:00, I looked in the garage and the SUV still not there. I had to get back to work so I left. And 2:15 my wife calls me and asked me what was supposed to have been done because in the 2 hours they had only put one new tire on. Of course they said "oh we could go ahead and balance the tires and do them but there would be another hour or two wait time"?? WHAT?? Not only that, they said it was against COSTCO's rules to put a single new tire on the front of a vehicle so they could only rotate one side. Long story short. Costco has good prices but you pay it back on hours wasted on the service side.

Original review: July 3, 2017

If you value your time and customer service then do not go get your tires done at Costco. What you think you are saving you will spend in time and frustration. The tire department does not have the basic customer service that the store exemplifies. This is the first and last time I will be going to Costco for my tires.

Original review: June 26, 2017

After purchasing four new tires and install from the Fort Collins Colorado Costco Tire Center, I went home later the same day and power washed my car. I noticed the installers had chipped three out of four rims on my vehicle. After filing a claim and speaking to one of their representatives, they told me they were "sorry" and how "unfortunate" the situation is, and then tried to say it was caused by rocks. I know that isn't true, since I wash my car weekly and I'm positive there were no chips on my rims prior to Costco installing my tires. No repairs were offered. If you are shopping for new tires, I would strongly suggest considering having another shop install them.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Quick overview - horrible service throughout and dangerously over inflated tire that I found even after the 25 mile check was performed. I contacted a store at Warden and was told they had the tires I want but they couldn't hold them. I drove in to be told they couldn't fit me in and to come back the next day, 45 minutes before the store opened. There was no signage about lining up which meant there were two lines of people who thought they were "the" line - this led to a lot of shouting.

I ended up at position 10 after being the sixth to arrive. We were then told, on entry, that they had only 13 slots. How can that be when they say they don't take appointments - this was clearly a lie as I heard them taking appointments while waiting. They would not call me to tell me the work was done so I spent 25 minutes calling trying to find out.

This is nuts and I'll certainly never go again but try it yourself. A sign about where to line up would be simple. Even numbers issued when you wave or enter your card. A call when the work is done. It would be simple to handle this in a considerate way. The final straw was that even after having the 40 km (25 mile) torque check I found that three tires were perfect but one was at 60 PSI when it should have been 32.5 PSI and the maximum rated was 40 PSI. This is their business and they can't avoid delivering a dangerously over-inflated tire!!!

Original review: June 15, 2017

I came to Costco tire shop for all terrain tires for my Ford Explorer 4wd 96 XLT on Maui. I've been a loyal executive member for over 20 years. I called ahead and confirmed they had BF Goodrich T A Ko2 tires for my 96 4wd Ford Explorer. I live up a rugged 2 mile long dirt road and the last 2/10s of mile up a 4WD road. All Terrain Off road tires are a must for my lifestyle. I bought the Ford Explorer last year and there was sufficient tread on the Michelins which came with it. I knew I'd need to upgrade to AT tires at some point.

I went to Costco today after double checking the TA KO2 were in stock. Dave at the desk said, "Which Ford Explorer 96 do you have?" And I confirmed it was a 4wd XLT. No problem. They gave me a great price for four with a $50 instant rebate from BF Goodrich. I gave Dave my Costco City C card and they took my money no problem.

Then while I was in the store my cell phone rang. The tire shop told me, "No no. We cannot install to your Ford Explorer because All Terrain tires are not allowed on this vehicle." What? These are the exact size as the Michelin 235 75 R15. This is a 4wd light truck. They said there is a rollover risk. How could AT light truck tires be unsafe? If anything they would be safer. So after 20 years Costco tire shop forced me to spend $300 more at an off road shop in Kahului. I'm really disappointed in Costco Tires on Maui. However I have the TA Ko2 installed on my 96 Explorer XLT now. But why on Earth would they treat me like that after all these years? I must have AT tires on my 4wd. This was so stupid.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I can't say anything good about Costco Tire Center. My parents brought my Toyota Highlander 2015 for a tire rotation on 04/22/2017 and left the place with incident report (Warehouse LOC#324). When the car was getting picked up my mom noticed that right side back door the bottom panel was falling off so she went to talk to the manager Derrick ** and filed the report. After that time I was waiting for someone to call me, but what do you think... I don't get any callback, so I called the warehouse a couple of times and I was told you have to wait because they have to follow the correct procedure. So, finally I got the call from Mike ** who told me that: "I looked through surveillance and nothing happened".

Since when do they have surveillance installed under the cars? I'm not stupid. I know they don't want to take a blame, but the car was brought in the perfect condition but left with need to be fixed. So not only that Mark ** told that they are not going to fix it but he told me that I did it to the car and wanted to blame it on them. They should be ashamed of themselves. My car was fixed in the body shop and when I was getting an estimate the guy said to me: Did the car slipped on the lifter? So then I told him the story and he said that for sure is right. Please people if you want to keep your car in a great condition, don't go to Costco Tire Center in Norwalk, CT.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I recently ordered tires and had them installed at Costco in Lihue Kauai. The tires I ordered were not in stock and were shipped from the mainland. After the tires arrived my wife made an appointment to have them mounted. The man that helped her was rude and impatient with her. I had prepaid for the tires and apparently this created confusion on his part. He had trouble locating the order. The process took four hours even with an appointment, and with grandkids in tow she asked to be called when the job was finished. This apparently was too much to ask, and she had to follow up on her own. I suggest Costco spend a little more time training their employees and familiarizing them with the concepts of service and courtesy. I shop regularly at Costco and have been a member since 2009. We expect and deserve better treatment than this.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Went to Costco in Moreno Valley, CA today to have a tire repaired due to a short screw causing it to leak. I had a couple of hours before work and figured it would be no problem. My TPMS showed 10psi after sitting overnight so I inflated the tire before going to Costco. When I got there the counter person told me that it would take 3 1/2 to 4 hours to repair the tire. There is no way that I could wait that long so I declined and left. I can understand a wait if I was purchasing a set of tires, however this was an emergency repair so I could get to work. I returned home and stuck a plug in the screw hole. I have purchased my last 2 sets of tires from Costco and when I had a flat in Ft. Collins, CO the Costco there had me in and out while I shopped. Moreno Valley Costco needs to figure out their customer service. I will think twice before buying another set of tires from them.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Costco's road hazard warranty has become a scam. Should your tire become damaged and need a plug, Costco claims to replace it or repair it, unless another mechanic or consumer has tried to effect such repair. Reasonable, but when your vehicle has no spare - as most new vehicles do (inflator pump and tire seal replaced spare tires as it reduces cost and vehicle weight), no other option outside of leaving vehicle in street or paying for tow to Costco, possibly long distance away. In these cases you cannot collect on your warranty because you have to repair tire to get to Costco.

I did this with a flat tire 20 miles from Costco and not in a safe location. A very large object implanted itself in my tire. The best I could do was accept help from a machine shop who lent me a repair kit. The hole was too big to make permanent repair, this was confirmed by Costco who would not cover the damage or replace the tire because someone other than they had touched it. They were more than happy to sell me a new tire with the same unusable warranty. I took my business elsewhere and will not spend the $25,536 I spent there last year. Hope the $75.00 was worth it Costco.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Tire department in Costco never answers the phone to be able to make an app. So I had to go there and make it in person. When I was able to be there to swap the winter tires, they told me two of my tires were worned and the other two were not the right size (?). I said, "But I had those on for the last two-three years." He said, "Due to regulations I can't put those on." I knew he was not right so I said, "Ok I'm not prepared to buy tires right now but how come nobody told me when they swapped the regular tires? Probably by now I'll be prepared." He said, "We don't have to."

So next day April 22, 2017 I sat three hours at Les Schwab and they did it! No bad news. I asked Mike the guy who did it if I had any problem with my tires? He said "No!" I asked if I need to align the tires he said, "No, your tires are even and in good condition." Maybe because I'm a woman Costco tire department tried to sell me tires I don't need? Assuming I don't know anything about cars and tires? Watch out women!!! Shame on Costco tire department.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I bought 4 summer tires from Costco. ca and was very disappointed on the service received. 1st the technician was unable to remove the nuts with his impact tool. I own an Acadia and the torque is 140 (base on my owner's manual. So he started to use a hammer to hit his socket on the nuts to lose it up. Once removed he would throw it on the ground and hit again to remove the nuts from the socket.

After he damaged 4 of the nuts he told me that he cannot remove the others because they were too tight. So when I told him to only put the tires on the spare rims and I would installed them myself he went around and tighten all wheels again (he just told me they were too tight...). I did it myself at home after having to buy 4 new nuts in 40 minutes. I had no problem removing the remainder of the nut using the tool provided by the car. I spent 2.5 hrs at Costco waiting and all they could do was damaging my nuts and eventually install the tires on the other spare rims.

Original review: April 15, 2017

This tire department in Hillsboro, OR tried to rip me off. On Jan 31, 2017, I brought my Toyota Sienna in for a flat repair on the left front tire. They told me it would be 1 1/2 hours. After nearly 3 hours, they told me the tire was unrepairable, and that I needed 4 new tires, costing over $720. This is an all wheel drive which requires run-flats by Bridgestone. I refused to accept this. I took my car to Les Schwab the next morning, and they repaired the flat, no problem. I WILL NEVER BUY OR USE COSTCO AGAIN FOR MY CAR REPAIRS OR TIRE PURCHASES.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I have always been willing to pay for services and products I need, realizing it isn't the seller's fault if I have to pay for a repair, or incur an unexpected expense. However, in addition to being dishonest about the condition of my tires before making a major cross-country trip, I learned that you can't trust Costco when I tried to talk to them about my tire purchase. The information they gave me was a DIRECT CONFLICT with the information from Michelin and other tire sellers. Michelin offered to help me make Costco do right by me, but I shouldn't have to make all the extra calls and have someone else go to bat for me. I felt very condescended to by Costco, and have not used their auto services at all since. They even tried to give me a hard time about a wheel balance that came as part of the tire warranty, saying I had to go back to the Costco on the other side of the border. Buyer, definitely beware of Costco Auto.

Original review: April 10, 2017

New tires dirty with white material around edges. For $$$$ you can at least wipe down guys! Did not return my SAME tire caps, gave me lime green plastic tire caps and said they are that color for other tire centers to use nitrogen etc. Asked for my old tire caps they said, “We don't have them???” You kept them that's why. Went through my glove box and console messing up items and did not ask me permission or notify me. Use your OWN tire unlocking equipment guys not mine. Costco can't you buy your own equipment so you don't have to go through my personal car compartments? 3 hours with an appt to install tires in stock?! There was not a line of people when I walked in for an appt. Should have gone to American Tires down my block for better customer service. Tire Manager--Taylor ** Tampa St., Northridge, CA.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Costco, at least at the store near us (St. James St., Winnipeg) has added a new con. When I went to have them remove my winter tires (bought from this Costco) and replace them, they refused. This is after waiting for two hours after my (early) arrival for my appointment. They had previously swapped these exact same tires seven times. Now, because the summer tires were of two different brands (same size and type, of course), they told me that I would have to buy two new tires. (Fortunately, I do not have 4WD or I would have had to buy 4). Never mentioned this before, although the tires were all the same as previously. I had wondered why the swapping procedure was so cheap there. Now I know.

Original review: March 15, 2017

One year ago I had 4 vehicles with 8 sets of tires, all from Costco. The issues started when the tire center ordered and placed pressure sensors on a new set of wheels for a VW Passat. Only later did I find out that the $200 investment was not needed, as VW senses by rotation not though a tire-mounted sensor, lesson was go to the dealer. Then the real mess with tire warranty began. I took a truck with bald rear tires in for the fourth time on warranty. Each time prior I was told there was too much tread to replace on warranty but not enough tread to allow for rotation. The battle with the manager that insisted my warranty was void because I did not have them rotated was partly solved when one of the workers who remembered me coming in to get them rotated but not allowing due to low tread informed the manager that it was against their policy to rotate tire with low tread wear.

The result is that the manager honored the warranty for the Michelin tires, but would only offer a low grade tire with no warranty... No choice take it or leave it. Three months later I bring in my daughter's car with a tire leaking to get it repaired. I asked the attendant to inspect the tires because even though they were 60,000 mile warranty Michelin tires the wear was excessive. He agreed that they could repair the tires but not rotated due to tread wear. Three hours later when I pick up the car the leak was NOT repaired and I was told they would not work on the tires because of low tread. So I suggested we look at the warranty and replace the tires... My records had between 28,000 and 31,000 miles as I switch with winter tires and record mileage each time. They look up the tires and WOOPS they forgot to record the care mileage on installation, hence no warranty due to their negligence.

I left the car center vowing never to set foot in the department again. I now buy all tires from Discount Tires, they are pleasant, professional and my wait time is 20 minutes instead of 2-3 hours. I must question why the Costco store reputation in Pocatello Idaho has to suffer due to a tire department that is incompetent, dishonest, and pulls the customer view of the store down dramatically. I am so pleased I left, and have talked to many other ex-customers who have the same opinion. The department is managed by dishonest people.... Really I love the stance that they are not allowed by law to rotate tires with low tread, but they can't replace them on warranty, and then they can't honor warranty due to lack of rotation... CROOKS ARE IN CHARGE. Shut them down and rebuild your reputation.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Today I wanted to buy some tires at Costco warehouse. The Fremont California's location had the tires I needed at 43621 Pacific Commons. I have been trying to get a hold of the Costco in Fremont Ca all week but they don't answer their phone. This morning Sunday the last day of the sale I called the tire shop at 11:00 am, no answer. I waited and called again and again, with no answer all day long. At about 4:00 pm James finally answered the phone. I asked if he had the tires I needed and in a very frantic way he said "yes we do but we aren't taking anymore orders today." I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said "I am a supervisor" as if I shouldn't argue with him because of him being a supervisor and ended the call abruptly.

I called the administration office and asked to speak to a supervisor who was in charge of the tire center. Juan got on the phone and when I told him my situation he said "ok hold on." I went back on hold for another 10 minutes. Then finally got the same answer as before on the tires as if customers are really a burden to Costco employees. The last day of the sale for the tires I wanted was today, so now I will have to buy them somewhere else because of your supervisors lazy, worthless attitudes. I've had a membership with Costco for a very long time but with this terrible customer service I can't think of any reason to keep paying a membership to you.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Went to Costco in Lacey WA this morning for an 11 AM appointment to have new tires installed on my car. Once the tires were installed the clerk/service person informed (almost in passing) that they had snapped a lug bolt off on my car. Without apologizing for the issue, they just told me to have it repaired somewhere else and bring them my receipt. This stupid installer seemed to indicate that him snapping the lug bolt off was my fault because someone in the past had put a lubricant on the lug. Then I went outside to pick my car up and the new tires had green paint all over them and were very dirty. I am very displeased with this treatment. I will now have to spend 2 or 3 hours sitting at the dealers getting this repaired. I believe I will bill Costco for my time for this. Very very dissatisfied.

Original review: March 1, 2017

It's not a first time with a COSTCO, but the last - I am not going in anymore: I've been there many years ago, like 12-14 and before I was going to get a membership I want to make sure that it still good. So I visited the one at Elkridge and ask for one day pass. By very unfriendly woman at customer service, I've been told that I can go and look around but I can't buy anything unless I became a member. And no exclusions... Unfortunately I didn't catch her name. I only remember that she was in hijab. I know all other wholesale clubs at least used to have this option - one day pass, but you don't have to be mean to explain if this is not an option anymore. I am done with COSTCO.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

It appears Costco no longer considers customers first - Costco comes first! In years past, their tire tread-wear warranty went through the tire manufacturer, and Costco was service oriented to assure their customers were able to utilize their warranty. I purchased a set of Michelin tires a year ago with a 60,000 mile tread-wear warranty, but at 1 year and 18,000 miles they are at 2/32". Costco refuses to warranty the tread-wear as they were able to measure 3/32 in a couple locations, but the majority of depths are at 2/32" or less! I am greatly concerned that my family is driving in California's wettest winter in many years on 2/32" tread!! I contacted Michelin, who was more than willing to move forward with the tread-wear warranty claim, but pointed out that Costco is now the warranty holder on the tires they sell!! Stop buying Costco tires!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

While I am standing in the line for the last 15 minutes I can see they are understaffed. Last 2 times they said the same thing. Today we have rush. So now the third time I believe they are always busy and understaffed and have no desire to fix it. They guys is more than happy to take calls than to talk to six customers already in line. It is frustrating to see that they have no regard for people time.

Costco Pharmacy expert review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.
    • Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.
    • The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.
    • Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.
    • Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information