Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

285 Costco - Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased a full set of tires and installation online 11/26/18. Tires were shipped via FedEx and are expected on 11/30/18. I stopped and made an appointment for installation on 11/30/18. The earliest appointment is 12/18/18. Really!!! I am driving on a spare tire and need them installed ASAP. Also the full charge is now applied to my credit card. No a happy Costco customer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On the recommendation of a friend I went to have my tires installed by Costco. They were friendly but understaffed the day I ordered. I was ok with that and prepaid. The tires were promised within 3 days. 2 weeks later I finally got my tires - I was told the wait would be 1 hour. I waited 4 1/2 hours for my tires and not until I demanded my money back did they actually move and do the work.

Since then - 75 days I have to add air to 2 of these tires every other day. No leak, no nail, they just do not hold air. The other two tires need air only every 30 days! In other words - none of them hold air. I went back to Costco twice and they very friendly. Said they would look at the tire but hotel wait would be 4 hours, the next time the friendly clerk said he could look at the tires if I waited about 6 hours. Do not buy their tires! These tires are nothing but trouble, there is no customer service unless you like to camp out in their shop for days and days. The tires are unsafe and not worth the money they charge. I truly have never had worse tire service.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I had a flat tire and had bought tires from Costco. The tires were still in warranty after a year of changing. They said they provide went four year. In order to repair, I went four times to Costco, stood in line for one hour each time. When I called, I was put on hold on phone for one hour each time. They never call you back and don't care about you. They are horrible people who don't care about customers and shameless. I will never go back to Costco and am cancelling my membership. The supervisor is the worst possible person.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Ordered Tires from COSTCO for my wife's Acura since they did not have them in stock. After four days they said that they received a partial shipment, then called again and said that they have both tires. My wife took the car to COSTCO at Cypress TX to find out that they ordered the wrong tires. We lost four days during a very busy Thanksgiving week prompting us to cancel our trip due to their mistakes. I should have paid the $30 difference at Discount Tires Center and avoid the inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought tires from Costco Wholesale Club, I spent over $800.00 for Toyota Camry Tires. The most I ever spent expecting a good quality tire. I went to rotate my tires and was told they would not do it due to excessive tire wear. My tires have 3000 miles on them. Costco blamed my front end alignment on the excess wear. I have not had any problem with my car. My last tires were fine. Costco refused to honor any warranty. I'm really disappointed in Costco. 3000 mile tires. I believe the weight of the front end with braking caused the wear on the front end of car. They made the tires too soft. 3000 miles tires for $800.00. Someone needs to do something about this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I never write reviews, but my experience at the Costco Tire Center in Gypsum, Colorado was so good compared to what I read in the reviews online, that I want to let people know. I bought 4 new Bridgestone Blizzak tires on Costco's online site, got a great price, and had great service when I got there. One key may be using the new appointment site at costcotirecenters.com. When I arrived the tires were there, and they were ready to put them on. I watched them work and they were very thorough and professional. At the end they even refunded the tire disposal fee, because I was keeping the old tires. I can heartily recommend the Gypsum Costco tire center!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I love the Costco store but the tire department is a nightmare! I called them two days ago to get four new tires. They said that they weren't taking appointments but if I dropped the car off between 7 and 9 am I could pick it up at the end of the day. After both my husband and I took time off work to get there at 8 am I was told that they were not taking any more today nor tomorrow. Which means that if I want to go back we will need to take more time off next week and who knows what will happen them. Sure their tires seem cheap but our time has value too which totally negates the savings of their pricing. I have found another place that will do them tomorrow. I'm hoping they will price match but even if they don't it is worth it to pay a little more and save us the frustration and lost income.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

First time ordering tires through Costco and I will never buy tires from them again. Ordered on 11/2, spoke to someone to check status on 11/6. I was told that I will be notified when tires arrive and today, I found out tires were delivered on 11/7. Apparently they take your money and that's a wrap for them; never got any notifications. Piss poor communication!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Costco's warranty is worthless. Their tires don't last half the miles they claim. Let's say you bought 90,000 miles tire, and the tire wore out at 40,000 miles on your odometer. What they do is that they give you all kinds of reasons why the tires wore out. They blame it on your car and on your driving habits, and they tell you after that the warranty is good only if you rotate your tires every 5,000 miles (ridiculous), every time I went to rotate I wasted a whole day. Then they give you the runaround from one dept. manager to another junior manager to a third manager, meanwhile you are waiting until you get exhausted. They are professional and well trained to frustrate their customers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I bought a new set of Michelin tires and Costco installers did such a lousy job balancing them that my car shook violently for 3 days until I had the time to take it back to them. This time I watched. All the tires were out of balance according to the guy who re-balanced them especially my front tires. He said that is why the car and the steering wheel shook so much. It never shook before I got the new tires.

I also watched them tighten the lugs with a big air gun, and when I asked how much torque was on the lugs they weren't sure but then used a torque wrench to make sure there was ENOUGH torque on each lug. I noticed all were so tight that the click type torque wrench was unable to further tighten any of them, they all exceeded the torque that was specified, and they made no attempt to back them off and tighten them to the correct torque, which was listed on my paperwork.

After the tires were balanced and left leaning against the car there was a long wait which ended when another mechanic started to rebalance the tires a THIRD time. I asked and he was unaware they had just been balanced. Their team system doesn't seem to work well, three people worked on my tires and no one knew what the other people had done. When the work was finished I left, and the car now rides as smoothly as it did before I got new tires. I like the tires, I like the price but the poor service cost me 3 hours of my time and I'm pretty sure my lug nuts are way tighter than they should be. I hope they don't break when it's time to take them off.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Just bought four Michelin tires at the Baxter MN location and was coming in to do my first tire rotation after 6000 miles. This was on a Thursday, four days earlier my wife noticed a nail was in sticking out the sidewall of the rear tire. So I called on Monday and made an appointment to have my tires rotated and have them look at the damaged tire. I knew they are not able to fix tires when the hole is on the side and that the tire will probably need to be replaced. It didn't seem to be leaking air so the possibility was that the nail didn't go all the way through.

When I talked to Brittney she said that they didn't have that tire in stock and would have to order it and that she would call me back on Tuesday. She verified my phone number. She did not call back. I arrived on Thursday at 3:55 for my 4 pm appointment and was told that it would be an hour. I brought up the nail issue and the kid didn't know anything about it. I told him that if it is bad that I need a replacement tire on there and did not want to driving around with a doughnut spare. He said if there was an issue he would call me while were shopping the store. Never called. Went back at 4:35 and the car was out of the shop and done and I was happy that it took less time that it did.

Guess what, when asked about the nail, a different kid said they put the doughnut on and put the damaged tire in the trunk and that a replacement would be ordered. I got a bit angry and told them I was not leaving without that tire being replaced. The kid ran into the shop and got Jeremy and he said that was all they could do. So I asked him what should I do if I get a flat tire. His response was, "What would you do if you had two flat tires on the road." Uh. I told him that would be my problem and that my car is here now at a repair facility and it needed to be taken care of. He went at got one of the store managers, I think his name was Eli.

Eli (after he told the story) told Jeremy to call a competitor to see if the had one in stock (they did) so Eli drove over and picked the new tire and had he himself with his good clothes on helped to get the tire replaced. So after 2 hours and 5 minutes I finally left with partially thawed shrimp and wontons. Eli gets an "A". Brittney and Jeremy Big Fat "Fs".

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

It took four visits at a Ft. Worth Costco before a salesperson was present in the tire store. He was courteous but simply pointed to the stacks of tires toward the back of the salesroom when I insisted on actually looking at the Michelin tire he suggested for my Lincoln. After searching through all the stacks of tires I found the right ones stacked horizontally about 5 high. I took the top one and placed it on the floor to examine the tread pattern, when suddenly Mark, the manager, came storming out of the install area and began berating me for taking the tire off the stack.

He was having none of my explanation of being told by the salesman to search through the stacks if I wanted to examine the tire before purchasing. Nevertheless, I liked the tire but by now several people were in line to purchase so I decided to return later that evening. I did, and was making the purchase when my newest Costco card, which I had I had activated a few hours earlier, wouldn’t work.

The manager, Mark, was called to assist. In a very insulting manner, he asserted that I was either over my limit or that I had a purchase limit on the card, even though I assured him the zero balance account did not have any such limitation. He refused to take the time to call to check on the problem, and kept insisting it was my problem and that my account likely was insufficient. I went to member services; they called and the card was instantly activated. I decided against giving Mark my business and ended-up paying a little more for the same tires at a real tire store down the street, but it is worth every penny to be treated courteously by a true professional.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Bought Costco tires for my car 2 1/2 years ago. They would not put them on my car unless I bought new lug nuts. They said the old ones were rounded off. They weren't, I just did the brakes a week earlier myself. I would have replaced them myself. One of the tires ripped apart on the freeway. Bought it back to get warrantied out. No problem. Won't finish installing a 2nd time unless I bought new lug nuts, Again. This time they told me because they swollen. When I ask to demonstrate. They put the original manufacture lug wrench on lug, and wrench was bigger than lug. It seems the lug shrank? Not swelled. Tired of arguing with them. Purchased enough lugs so I can get my car back. BTW: just did all 4 brakes a month ago. All lugs were the same size. BS SCAM. Going to Goodyear next time for tires.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I bought 4 new Michelin tires for my Xterra. Every 5000 miles I took my tires in for a rotation. Here is the catch. After the 3 rotation, one of my tires had a slow leak. Costco said I needed a new tire because it was in the sidewall. 2 rotations later, I had another slow leak. This time they REQUIRED that I get 4 new tires because a new one would have too much tread. Two rotations later, I had another slow leak. This time they said the tire was leaking air because of a repair that they did not perform. They said the tire needed to be replaced because the repair could not be fixed so again I needed a new tire.

What's interesting, I always went 5000 miles without any issue. The only times a slow leak appeared was IMMEDIATELY after the rotation at Costco (Parker CO). That coupled with the fact that my car has only been seen by Costco tire people in the past 3 years and I have security lugs on all four wheels, there is no chance that someone else put the incorrectly repaired tire on my car. I change all my fluids and filters so I am the only one other than Costco to work on the vehicle. If you have had similar issues, please list here and I read them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had a flat tire but luckily or so I thought, I was near a Costco. So I limped in and the manager took my information, tire size etc and said it would be one hour before my car could get in. So I waited. When they got to my car they informed me that they didn’t have that tire in stock but another warehouse 40 miles away did. Now on this day it was snowing, I asked if it could be delivered to this warehouse and they said no. So they put my “donut” spare on and threw my flat tire in my back seat! I did drive in the bad weather and then waited another 2 hours before that store could fit me in. I got a new tire but I was fuming! Never again will I buy from Costco. Their customer service is horrible and no one seems to have even adequate skills in communication.

Later I found out that Costco’s tires are cheaper because they are slightly defective from the manufacture. They may have a blemish or off balance tread or something that went wrong in the making of the tire but not up to the standards of the manufacture brand, so they sell them cheap to Costco. So, if you bought Michelin tires (or any other name brand) they may advertise at 65,000 miles you will only get 35,000 if you're lucky. The tires will wear wrong, be off centered or off balance. And don’t forget their ** disposal or road fees. It’s all money to the company and a hassle for the consumer.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had my first ever 60 mph run flat which ruined the tire. COSTCO adjusted the new tire and 3-5 days wait for a replacement 4 days still waiting! Called MICHELIN direct and the tire is available locally more than one place. COSTCO however does not use MICHELIN direct. I have had to cancel trips on the highways as the spare replacement has a max 50 miles and 50 mph. I understand COSTCO prices may not use local but when a replacement tire is needed immediately they should make an exception. I will never use COSTCO to purchase tires again!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

It seems that there are two different (or even more) versions of their road hazard warning. Today they denied my claim saying that they didn't cover curb damage if there was damage to any other part of the car, pointing to scraping on my hubcap. I was confused by this, as hubcaps aren't really a part of the car, but a removable protective part of the tire, so I asked for clarification before I left (I had to have them put on a spare because I couldn't afford an outright replacement). At that point, they stated that they didn't cover curb damage at all. So I looked at their road hazard warranty, and the one online doesn't mention curb damage at all (in fact, it specifically states that it covers impact damage), and the one they gave me in the store says the following about curb damage:

"Curb damage where other vehicle components were also damaged during impact (are not covered)." Now, I'm not saying that my reading comprehension is perfect, but that reads to me that curb damage is covered except in cases where other vehicle components are damaged. Now, I guess you could argue that the hub caps are a vehicle component, but if this is the case, they may as well just say that they don't cover curb damage because if you hit a curb, you're gonna scrape your hubcap.

But I learned my lesson... I'm going to park out in the damn road from now on and just hope no one hits me cause I scraped the tire (and my hub cap) I'm pretty sure from pulling up to the curb when dropping my daughter off for school. It's just so frustrating when you choose a company for a specific reason and then you get burned. No more Costco Tires for me, I suppose.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Found the tires online and thought saving $200 by going to Costco would be awesome. 2 hours to install, ok still worth the savings. Drove home and it felt like I was in a paint shaker. Took it back to them and told them, they checked them and told me that one of their balance machines must have been broken 'cause one of the tires was an ounce off, took them about 40 minutes. Drove home, still shaking. Took it back to them, they did it all again, 2 hours this time. Told them they all “zeroed” out and that if I had any further issues I should take it to a mechanic to be diagnosed.

Still shaking from 50 mph +. Speed limit on the local freeway is 70 so traveling with a sealed soda in my car would lead to a sticky explosion if I tried to open it. My brother is a mechanic and took it to him. All tires were off. Driver front 1.25 oz, driver rear .5, passenger front .5, and passenger rear 2.5 oz. The best part was that they never took any weights off when I came back in the 2 times. They just would spin them and slap new weights on to counteract the poor placement of the previous weights. So overall it was not worth the time to save $200. I will never buy tires from them again and if it weren’t for the good prices on everything else I wouldn’t buy anything from them ever again.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I bought 4 Bridgestone tires with 75K warranty on them. Two of them have 2/32; in 2 years and roughly 20K miles, and therefore need to be replaced. My warranty was not honored because I didn't have tire rotation records. I never expected this from Costco in Plano, TX (East) and told them I have performed tire rotation according to schedule. I had done tire rotation with each oil change at a Dealer and didn't keep the records (technically I could do tire rotation myself but they wanted a receipt from a reputed place). Luckily, Toyota has an owner's website which has all the records and tomorrow I am going to show them these records and see what happens. I will never buy tires from Costco. Moreover, I am canceling my Executive membership. Amazon Prime and Sam's Club; here I come.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Took car 7-16-2018 to COSTCO TIRE CENTER 1430 S Ashland Ave in Chicago Illinois for scheduled 4 tire rotation and rebalancing. Noticed after work completed that all 4 original hubcaps were had deep scratches and abrasions. I know how my hubcaps weren't in this condition before taking car to COSTCO for tire servicing. I hand washed the car the previous day and no hubcap damage present. I decided not to inform tire dept of damages because no confident that they would acknowledge nor accept responsibility for damages to hubcaps. Don't want to hear "the damage was there before car was serviced." Customary statements of DENIAL.

What do I and other customers have to do before our vehicles are brought in for service??? Remove hubcaps, rims, etc??? After this incident I have no faith in this COSTCO'S ability nor interest in protecting my car's more vulnerable parts. New tires and scratched up and dented hubcaps don't exactly go hand in hand at least not on my vehicle. I'll not be returning to This COSTCO AUTO CENTER and will take my car elsewhere. Now I have to LOCATE, PURCHASE and REPLACE the ORIGINAL hubcaps on my 1999 Mitsubishi GALANT???

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought tires and had them installed at the store in Westbury, NY. The gentleman who helped me was very nice. He explained everything to me. And my wait time was just under 90 minutes. Not bad considering I was the last walk-in appointment on the last day of the tire sale. The sale price and 1 cent installment were a great value. I used a card provided through my union. While there I shopped for the household things I needed, some I can only get at Costco. Like sleeves of hot-cups, and a box of lids. I also got a few early Christmas gifts. All a great value. Many the same price as online stores or even cheaper. I even had a slice of pizza and a strawberry & frozen yogurt sundae. A treat as I waited for my car.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm very dissatisfied with Costco tires service. I purchased 4 tires at Costco tires on 86th street and Michigan road Indianapolis, with 50 miles warranty. After while my back tire was deformed and making a noise, and felt like driving on square wheel. I went back to them to change that tire, because it was under warranty. They didn't do so, they said that I haven't done rotation, so they won't give me proration price, instead they told me to pay full price of $174. I was so pissed, and I said to them I'm not coming back to you guys, never. And I wish no one goes to that place, it's wasting money.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had my stock tires replaced for a first time since I got the vehicle brand new from a dealership. The car is at 20 000 miles and I take a really good care of it. I know how what was the condition of my wheels before I dropped it at Costco for the installation. After the installation I noticed scuffs on all wheels and I came back to the shop. The scuffs are very specific and are right where the rim meets the tire. Most of the scuffs go along the inner edge and were clearly done during the installation. The outer edges are perfect. The manager said they didn't do it, but took pictures and I filed a complaint.

The next day I received a call from Costco and a lady told me I am not getting compensated, because the technician put in the invoice that the wheels were scuffed. This invoice is prepared after the installation. They did not ask me to acknowledge any damage before the installation even they gave me a call asking for more money to replace sensor holders. She (the claim lady) also said that she's not an expert, but these scuffs could be done by rocks. Take a look at the pictures and decide for yourselves if you want to bring a car that you care about to their shop.

Original review: May 10, 2018

First time at Costco Tires - researched 5 different options and Costco priced out $100.00 less than next closest option but not because of tire cost per unit - in that they were almost on par with manufacturer direct - but in installation cost, disposal fees etc. That was where they won. Ordered the tires and paid for everything online on the 27th of April - tires arrived at the store on the 8th which was my appointment date - I was very lucky there - the tires got there before my scheduled appointment. My appointment was at 2 and they finished the installation just after 4 pm - it was a half-hour longer than estimated but this was ok.

I noticed a lot of whitish grease on the wheels but did not really make issue of it - and left. It wasn’t until today - the day after installation - that I truly saw what an incredibly disgraceful state my car had been delivered in. My car is a 2013 and has 62k miles on her - she is not perfect but she is in good shape. There was SIGNIFICANT white grease all over the wheels and the tires - I figure it assisted in mounting the tire to the rim but I’ve replaced tires before and NEVER seen gobs and smears of white grease left on the wheels and tires.

Remembering how little the installation cost was I “sucked it up” and decided to clean the wheels myself - and - with the exception of the clumped grease which took a little bit of work was able to wipe it from the wheels and tires without much issue. Irritating - but fixable. What has prompted this review - what has caused the most upset however is the damage this place did to my wheels. There was some minor curb rash on the front driver side wheel and a scrape on the back left - small - but I knew of these because I agonized over them. You know what I mean - you know where the scratches bumps and nicks are and they drive you nuts. EVERY single wheel on my car has been damaged - rims scraped and scratched - wheel surfaces gouged - apparently the manufacturer of my particular wheels coats them in a type of film which I did not know or notice until now.

It took sections of it being gouged out for me to understand there was a coating TO BE gouged out! Removing the significant white grease revealed the underlying damage - whatever machine they use to mount the wheel on that removes the old and assists the installation of the new trashed my 4 wheels. It’s no joke - my colleagues were shocked who saw them as I am known to keep a nice clean car - and the worst part is that I can really no longer address it with this business - they can say the damage was present before the work and I have no way to prove otherwise.

The cost to repair the damage with a wheel restoration shop - in time without car (renting a car as the wheel repair shop essentially needs the wheels off the car to do their work) is only eclipsed by the cost to purchase 4 new... and both exceed the most expensive installation estimate I researched while shopping for tires. I could have lived with lack of cleanup but not damage. In my view if you cannot perform a service without damaging someone’s property maybe you shouldn’t be doing it? I wouldn’t have agreed to them doing the work if they had said, “Well we won’t clean up the mess we leave on the tire and wheel and we’ll likely damage your wheels permanently but hey it’s cheaper than everyone else right?”

Yes it was cheaper but one of the joys of getting the best price is getting the best price on a perfect product I could have paid more for and didn’t. Paying less for something imperfect and just “cheap” isn’t satisfying. The work was sloppy - absolutely no care nor regard was given for my property or how in the hell I would feel upon discovering what had happened and there is no way the guy who did the work could NOT have known what they did. Yet they presented it in that state anyway which is actually to me unbelievable gall. But they were right - in the end. I let them get away with it. Don’t do the same - make the time and take the time to take pics of your wheels in the parking lot at Costco before you even go in. Then check them carefully at pick up - I wish I had done this. No - I won’t be back. I would like to think I learn from my mistakes.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Never go to Costco Tire Center if you are not tire expert! They recommended and installed lower load index tire in 2017. My tire was blow out 3 times within 4 months due to a pothole on a highway (around 70 miles/hour) and my all wheels were bent. While I got a Costco road hazard warranty service 3 times, they did not notice it! Finally, they found their mistake in April 2018. So, I claimed fee of wrong tires, 3 times previous warranty installation, and fee of new wheels. Costco accepted new tire cost only.

Costco and Gallagher Bassett, which is Costco's claim third party company, denied my claim with ridiculous answers. They mentioned there is no relationship between lower tire load index and flat tire due to pothole on highway (driving speed was around 70 miles/hour). I believe there should be a relationship. Otherwise, why did OEM and manufacturer establish a tire load index, which is tire load carrying capacity? Money does not matter, I want justice! I am considering a class action or small claim. It will be a long long fight. So, if you are not a tire expert, NEVER go to Costco.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Today I had the worst experience at Costco Tire in Plano. I took my car there and as the tires were worn out after 38K miles (warranty was 80K) I was supposed to get the warranty credit, I was given so much hassle and was told that I will not even get the 4th tire replaced on discounted warranty price because it still had a very little thread left before it qualifies. I said let's do 3 then, well then we can't give you a warranty on the new three. OK, but before we go to that point I was challenged that I did not maintain the tires (rotation record) was not up to date, the first one was missing as I got that one done at the dealership, the last 3 were done at Costco but since I did not have the very first one after I replaced at Costco I could not prove that I did it.

I had to call the dealership and had it faxed to them, the funny thing is it was all in the hands of that individual CJ, just looked at it and said, "Oh ok so you did it." As if I was lying, unnecessarily he gave me trouble. I brought to him my last wheel alignment, but what about the one from 2 years ago? "You have to do an alignment every year." I said I did (I have a lifetime alignment deal with Firestone), then I had to get an email from Firestone. Again he really didn't care, all he wanted was to discourage me and make things difficult for me, never had an experience like that at Costco. Discount Tire guys are the best, only got warranty credit for three tires. Lost $110 for a person who just didn't like my face I guess. Wish I would have never bought them from Costco.

Resolution response: March 5, 2018

Finally, they took a look and fixed the other tire as well. I was pissed off when I was on the phone but they resolved the issue kindly so I would like to close the issue.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought winter tires at Costco since I trust Costco brand and I have been a member for a long time. However I was surprised when I deal with tires. I noticed air is leaking on two tires so I ask them to check them out. Luckily they fixed one of tires for free. After a few days I noticed one of checked tire is almost flat so I called the service center and then they asked me to bring the car. So I said I can't drive the car since it is flat and he told me to use the spare tire and bring it to them. So I replaced it with spare one. I called next day to book the appointment and the guy told me to bring a tire only. What? How can I bring a tire without the car? He also asked me to come earlier since all day is already booked. So I came early around 9:20am and another guy said it opens at 10am so I had to wait outside in the cold weather. This location is in Dundas and Winster Churchill area. What a shame Costco!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Stay away from COSTCO!!! If I could give ZERO stars I would. They have caused numerous problems since I got the tires put on my truck last year. The tires are great... the service they promise after the sale is TERRIBLE! The mechanics are inexperienced and rude. They keep you waiting for HOURS to get the service done, while other customers who are paying for tires are taken ahead of you. They kept me waiting for almost 3 hours once to repair a tire with a screw in it. Then, when I get home we find the screw is still in the tire! They never even did the service I requested! Then when I took it to another mechanic he tells me that my lug is cracked from being over tightened.

Costco employees refused to accept the blame a had the nerve to say they NEVER TOUCHED MY VEHICLE! Obviously they did. Last week when I went there to have the tires rotated and balanced, they forgot to put my tire key back in the truck and I had to drive an hour and a half back to get it... Then when I get there, there is no one at the counter and I was left waiting... and waiting. When someone FINALLY comes out to talk to me, he has no idea where the key is... and has the nerve to say I was rude because I explained to him that I was in a hurry to get to work. NEVER will I go back. And I will get my current COSTCO tires serviced somewhere else from now on.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Terrible! The Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin location is slow as can be. We purchased 4 tires online and expected tire professionals to be able to simply install them. They told us that there was a 3-4 hour backlog. I'm here checking in after 5 1/2 hours and they say it's still 30 to 40 mins. What a joke. Never. Never again. They need to hire professionals that can work at a decent pace. Not these lowly paid kids that have no idea what they're doing. The inconvenience is not worth the money saved. Never again. Costco is a joke!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Bought the set of 4 tires online Costco.com. They clearly said, "Whenever the tires arrives to warehouse, we'll call you for installation." NOT TRUE. They never called, after 3 weeks I had to go myself. Installation was a nightmare, until today after one month, they couldn't do it right. Horrible.

Costco Pharmacy expert review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information