Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Costco - Tires
1.45/5

Costco - Tires

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

300 Costco - Tires Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have tried calling the tire department to reschedule an appointment and absolutely no one will answer the phone. This is always, even five years ago when I bought the tires. Even then they sent me a notice that the tires I ordered were in but when I got there I ended up standing around for an hour and a half while they tried to find them and after all that, they were not there. I cannot understand why they even bother to have a phone in that department when it is always ignored when it rings.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I purchased 4 brand new Michelin tires from Costco December 2016 with a 65k mileage warranty. They informed me as long as I did the tire rotations and balancing the warranty would apply. During routine oil changes my tires were rotated and balanced. At my oil change in Dec 2018 I was told the tires were worn out and needed replacement. I took it to Costco. They said they needed proof of 3 tire rotations since it was about 21k miles so I gave them the 5 I had. They replaced 2 tires and I had to pay 1/2 the cost on the new tires. I went back in April 2019 and they replaced one more tire and I had to pay 1/2 the cost. They told me the 4th tire didn't need replacement. I went back September 2019 for rotation and balancing and the 4th tire needed replacement and they would not cover it under the warranty. They said my car was too old and the tire wore out because of mechanical issues.

I took my car for an alignment and found out there are no issues with the suspension. They would still not cover the 4th tire that wore out approx. 32k miles of the 65k miles. I'm trying to find out who can I report. While I was there 4 different days waiting I saw they attend to numerous customer and tell every single one, to do the rotation and balance for the warranty. So I fail to understand when I have done that and been there 3 times this year they won't honor the warranty of the 4th tire. As a customer I spent on 8 tires in the last 2.5 years and the customer service tells me with the credits I received it was just $4 a tire. So ridiculous with all the excuses they gave me on the reason for not covering the tire when they rotated and balanced it in Jan 2019, April 2019 and Sept. 2019. How can they do this ? I am beyond frustrated and disappointed with the service.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Took car for tire rotation in due time and technician said because I have 2 new tires and 2 half way their wear they can’t rotate tires and will leave the new ones on the back. Given the fact that a front wheel drive car have 70% front braking power, the best tires should be in the front. It’s a disgrace paying such high prices for a service they won’t provide. It’s my way to call it “greed” and pushing customers to keep buying tires when not needed... Be aware.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased 4 tires and had them installed at COSTCO in Pembroke Pines store. My vehicle shook at highway speed so I went back for rebalance. They still did not get it fixed. After spending close to $1000 for Michelin it’s sad that these installers are not proficient to do a good job. I would suggest try to avoid installing tires at the Pembroke Pines store.

Original review: July 7, 2019

The fat guy named Anthony would intentionally mislead you, ex. if you called, he will tell you there are 28 tires available for your car. When you come in, he has nothing. He will tell you to come in next time. Next time you come in he still has nothing because he said you did not order it. If you order it and come in the next day, he still has nothing because he did not tell you tires will take 2 days for delivery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: May 2, 2019

I bought my tire 2017. It’s worn so badly it is supposedly under warranty. But today they try everything not to accept this responsibility. They said it is about my car. They see a damage on my car and said this might be a reason. When I told them it happen 23 April 2019 (1 week age) then they change the story and said that SHOCKS, STRUTS might be a reason. They said I should see a mechanic. Once they said the other tire quality not good that is going to make tire get old early. But I bought that tire from Costco too. After that story change. OK. I understand lately the tire quality of Costco not good. But instead of accepting this making weird excuses didn’t match to Costco name. It wasn’t like this before. Finally they accept to give a new tire with little discount. But the tire I bought was $179. New one $118. Imagine the quality. I’m really upset.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Cumming GA Costco... Buyers beware, I went to Costco with a nail in my tire. The clerk at the tire desk after one hour of waiting, told me that due to the unwritten Costco policy nowhere on the invoice, he was unable to repair my tire. He also stated that due to the 6/32 thread one tire will not work. My only recourse was to purchase four tires at $940 dollars. So without spending another 10 minutes typing about my experience, please save yourself some money. If I can save one person close to a 1000.00 dollars, I did my job.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We purchased tires in Edmonton AB Canada and were told we could have the tires rotated in Las Vegas, NV as we were leaving for the winter. We went to the Costco in Henderson and they refused to rotate our tires until they had a minimum of 5000 miles. The Costco in Edmonton advised us to rotate the 2 new tires to the back as soon as we got there so the wear would even out with the 2 older tires. I explained every way I could and they still refused. I called the manager in Edmonton and he tried to talk to the manager in Henderson. Nope... Nothing.

The manager from Edmonton said there wasn’t any way he could make another store do anything they don’t want to do. So how, when they sell you the tires, can they say their service is good at any Costco in North America? It is a sham. We returned to Edmonton and my husband took the vehicle in to have the tires rotated and they informed him that there isn’t an appointment available for a month. He explained that he is leaving for Seattle and he will void the warranty if they aren’t rotated and they just said they couldn’t help him.... Call other Costcos and see if they could do it. What a farce. Don’t bother going to Costco.

This was our first try as we thought they were cheaper than Fountain Tire where we normally went. Lesson learned. We will go back to the Callingwood branch of Fountain Tire. They may be slightly higher in price but at least they care about the customer. Costco has gotten so big they don’t care anymore. If you take your business elsewhere they know that your money won’t make any difference to their bottom line. This is what happens when you take away competition in the market.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My car showed low-pressure symbol and went to rotation for the car after 5000 miles yesterday. The mechanical service guy just want me to replace 4 sensors. He told me that, "Your car is 8 years old and should replace the sensors with $250.81." Costco finished the service and still show low pressure symbol yesterday. Today I went to tire center again and the service guy just let me know that low pressure and pump air to 32 PSI. Then I understand Costco tire guy just want to sell 4 sensors. My car just need more air. So everyone should be careful the trick.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I just purchased new Michelin LTX Defender and my vehicle now shakes at hwy speeds. Tires were rebalanced by costco. Car still vibration. The manager has not called me back. The store Alleges they do not do run force balance to find the defective tire... poor for a huge tire retailer with a looong wait for tire Dept assistance.

Costco Pharmacy expert review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information