Town Fair Tire

East Haven, CT

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Increased Rating!

Called Town Fair and they offered to refund to cover the cost of the alignment. I'm satisfied.

Jim of Warwick, RI on

Original Review

Went in for 4 tires on Saturday, 8/12. The person behind the counter was stressing how important it was to have a 4 wheel alignment done when putting new tires on the car. Paid the additional $49 for the 4 wheel alignment. When I picked the car up, I reviewed the alignment results. The rear did not need to be done. The alignment was fine to begin with. The front was needed, however, the front alignment is part of the free services that they provide. $645 was plenty to spend in one day, nevermind an additional $49 for a service that was need necessary.

My son has taken his car to Town Fair Tire to have 3 tires changed over the last 4 months with the last time being in April to have his front left tire replaced. Each time he has taken his car in they have charged him for an alignment, of the front and rear, because tire alignments are free with purchase. My son's car had the front left tire come off the axle last week due to a failed ball joint and arm. The front end alignment done the month prior should have been the notification from Town Fair of the problem prior to the total failure of the ball joint and arm. There is no way that Town Fair Tire could have done an alignment and not noticed the ball joint and arm were almost gone. I have copies of the paid invoices and have called the manager of the store with no response.

Want to thank Brice and Tim and the crew of Town Fair Tire in Orange. I came in with my son's car with an issue and they were very polite. Didn't take advantage of me because I was a woman. Very honest and forthcoming and I can't thank them enough for the great customer service. I will definitely be back. They were very patient and just great guys. Easy to talk to and they gave their honest opinion and just awesome customer service. They all need a pat on the back. They are so polite and great guys.

This the third time I've had my tire changed over and each time the damaged to the alloy rims has gotten worse. I let a very little go but this time it was like they took a screwdriver to the center cap and totally scraped, chipped and scratched the ** out of it. When I showed the assistant managers he shrugs his shoulders and said there was "bubbling underneath" and they had to pry off the cap. It wasn't bubbling, it was stress cracks and even if you wanted to say that on one tire (cumulative damage from three changeovers) the other three showed no such "bubbling" and suffered huge damage. The monkey that did the "service" also scratched my driver's door in two places.

I called their corporate headquarters and logged a complaint and sent the guy pictures and to date... nothing. The rims are ruined and will definitely cost me when I try to trade or sell the vehicle. What a mistake dealing with this company. Never again. It's a place to get lots of promises and have them all broken. The biggest joke is the sign they have right in front of the counter that says "If you haven't received 5-star services let us know." I'd settle for 1 star right now.

On Tuesday April 4 about 2pm, I drove to Town Fair in Walpole. I reside in Norton Mass. The reason I chose Town Fair was because I purchased my four tires from them in November of 2015. I spoke to David who stated he was the acting manager. I wanted to have my flat tire fixed or replaced. He was very condescending and stated there would be a three hour wait. I told him that when I purchased my tires there was no wait. When I said I would wait he said maybe it would be longer. He then said to go to Brockton or Raynham Town stores.

I am a senior citizen and expected to be treated like any other customer not in a condescending manner. I went to a Firestone dealership in Mansfield and the employees were very professional and understanding. I was in and out in 35 minutes at a cost less than $30.00 dollars. When I need service or tires I will go back to Firestone and never recommend Town Fair to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Town Fair Tire?

Bought 2010 Nissan Frontier with 40,000 needed tires so I went to TFT in Milford, Ct Boston Post RD, bought a set of tires, got 20,000 out of them, paid over 600. and change got a flat on I 95 in Stratford, Ct. Got my first flat with in a few hundred miles, had 1 x exit to go to get to their store. Was raining and was there before 5:00. Asked them to put a new tire on cause I had road hazard, was told they too Busy so I ask if they could put my spare tire on but again too busy as they were having a smoke. So I just lost my right leg above the knee and had to change it myself or leave the truck parked in the lot overnight. I was able to put the spear on and make it to Milford TFT where I left the tire which they replace. Called TFT head office in East Haven and told them what happened and was given 100 Visa card.

Then I get another flat and was told they no longer have that tire and I have a 4x4 so all tires have got to be the same. So they PRO RATED my tire and said I had 300.00 to go to new tires that they tried to sell me for 750.00. I was so pissed off and told them I paid 600.00 and that's what I wanted. So after a lot of back and forth, now my truck hit 80,000 miles I rotate my tires every 7,000 and have lift time front alignment with Firestone which I have done after I rotate the tires. So 2 sets of tires and I get 40,000 miles out of the same thing happen on our Jeep and they tried to do the same thing. I get my Tires from Robertson's Tires in BPT. TFT is not the only game in town. If you buy tires there keep track of the miles you get on them. I don't have my receipt or order number but my name is John ** and I live here in Milford and on SS Disability and just tired of buy thing that don't last. These were 60,000 miles so BEWARE.

I purchased tires approximately 2 months ago. I returned today because I was losing air and I noticed a bolt stuck in my rear tire. I arrived at 8am and was told they would have to replace the tire, well they don't have the tire here. They said it would be here at 2pm and said I should drive home and return at 2pm. I was concerned about the tire going flat and I would have no way of getting my vehicle back to the store. So I will have to sit here for 6 hours. They are so helpful and nice to you when they are selling 4 tires, but not so helpful or nice when you need repair or replacement. I am sorry I came to Town Fair Tire and I will spread the word of poor customer service. I feel that have taken advantage of me as I am a woman and a senior citizen.

It was recommended to me by a fellow employee that I check out Town Fair Tire in Lebanon, NH for truck tires, as he did and was extremely pleased! So I did just that, I walked in right when they opened on a Friday morning, was pleasantly greeted by every employee in the place. I had shopped online for 5 specific brands I was looking for and had them and all the specs written down. Went through them with John, we picked one, shook hands and in one hour later I was driving away!! SUPER service!!! Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend Lebanon Town Fair Tire!!! And I say that with pride!! Thanks so much guys for a great tire buying experience!!!

Before you buy tires at TFT go to Tire Rack.com and find the tires you want to buy, then go to TFT and they will beat the price. Do your homework before you buy tires at TFT, you'll save $$$. Don't let them charge you things you don't need. I just saved $20.00 and a tire.

My mother went to purchase tires and she was treated very bad and she is in a wheelchair. She was treated very poorly and the manager was not professional and the guy that sold her the tires ripped her off because she was told one price and was charged another. Beware of Town Fair Tire in Enfield, CT.

I got new tires about 6 weeks ago. I was trying to beat the rush and do it when I still had time (I have no free time in November and December). The initial experience was fine. They are happy to sell you tires for $800. The next day I heard a rattling sound. I thought it might had been as a result of the brake job I had the same day as the new tires. Meineke looked at it and told me it was a loose tire weight (used to balance the tires).

So, trip two to Town Fair. It only took about an hour for them to fix it. A couple days later my tire inflation light goes off. I check my air pressure. No two tires were the same. They ranged from 17 to 40 PSI. I adjusted them. Since then, about every four days, I need to inflate one of the tires. So, I need another trip to Town Fair to fix the slow leak. I called them on my first available day off and was told "Don't come in today, we're too busy." I stop by my next opportunity... "It'll be at least two hours." I don't have two hours.

My next opportunity comes about because I get sick and have an unexpected day off. When I drop it off, he says "It'll probably be an hour before we can get to it." "No problem, I'll do a little Christmas shopping." Two hours later I need to get home to bed (I am sick after all). I go back and they haven't moved my car. I sit and wait another half hour - they still haven't moved it. When I complain, they start yelling at me. Saying I must have picked up a nail and that it is my fault. Maybe, maybe not, but at some point when a customer has come back again and again for the same problem, don't you try to treat that customer well and pull out as good an experience as possible? Apparently not if you are Town Fair Tire.

Though I've had other not so great experiences with mechanics, dealers etc. like everyone, I don't ever feel the need to speak out to the world but, this past week I had to order 2 new tires to match the 2 remaining on my vehicle at the Leominster MA store. I made an appointment, busted my butt to get there to be told "the tires did not come off the truck". The sales guy (Rick) was sympathetic and said he would take care of me by giving me the tires at his cost. Irritating but no biggie. Rescheduled the appointment a couple days later. When I got to the appointment, of course, no Rick in sight so no discount. When the car was finished I was told that one of the holes that the lugs threaded into was stripped and that it was a common occurrence...REALLY!

Bear in mind that THEY put the tires on the previous year. Now, as I said, that would have been the end of it but, over the past 2 or three years I had brought my second car in on 3 different occasions and all 3 times they managed to break a lug stud. They are not capable of repairing these on sight so now it's another trip to a garage to get it repaired. The first time I will give them credit for at least paying for the repair however, the 2nd and 3rd time I was treated like it was somehow my fault. This last time pushed me over the edge. My biggest complaint is that they won't even take ownership. I'm thinking I can't be the only person this has happened to. It's just plain wrong! Don't think I'll be dealing with them in the future.

Totally incompetent, horrendous CS, lack of product knowledge. Repeatedly messed up my order for weeks. And finally, to make matters worse, they screwed up on the alignment. They totally suck!

After a long day I had to be towed due to a flat tire. I went in and nobody greeted me. One man walked right past me 2 times without saying he will be right with me. When he finally waited on me, he tried to sell me rims, all new tires, alignment. I said all "I want is a tire." He said "Well you are going to have to sign a waiver because I am not going to be responsible." Still makes no sense. Not impressed. Twin City Tire is much better.

I went to Town Fair Tire in Torrington CT. I bought 4 new tires and had them balanced and installed. On freshly paved roads, the car was all over the road and shaking. I took the car back and they re balanced the car and said the tires had blips in them, and they balanced them out. The car was much worse the second time. I had them replace all 4 tires.

At about 50 mph, the rear end of the car was bouncing and vibrating severely. I went back to the shop and took the service manager for a ride. He thought it was funny and said it was my nerves. They re balanced the tires and once again said there were blips in the two rear tires and ordered two new tires. A few days later I had the two rear tires replaced. The rear was now riding fine. However the front end was still vibrating and shaking. I took my car to the Canton CT store and had them re balance the tires and finally the car is riding fine. Thank you Joshua from Canton Town Fair Tire. Torrington NOT SO MUCH.

Terrible customer service!!! Was absolutely ignored, it was like I was invisible!!! 5 people in line behind me all muttering how bad this place is! They never even said, "Just another minute" or "Sorry for the wait". I was never even acknowledged. Firestone is right down the street. They were very helpful and polite.

Three different alignments from two different shops [Norwalk and Brookfield Ct.] and the report that they gave me shows that it is still not within specs. After the second alignment, they sent me home with my car and told me I had to break a nut loose so they can adjust it. What?!?!?! So, in my driveway with my car jacked up, I had to loosen a nut for them. What!?!?! You can't make that up! I contacted customer support after the third failed attempt at the alignment and no response or explanation why their own report shows an incorrect alignment.

I never write a review. I called and made an appointment on Saturday for 3 o'clock for a tire repair. Clearly stated that I had a nail in my tire. After waiting for 40 minutes they give me my keys and all they did was check the valve stem. They proceeded to take my car back in only to give me my keys back without replacing the spacer that goes between the tire and the rim. Now I have to wait another half hour for them to fix that. The manager proceeded to tell me that he was sorry and he told his mechanic next time he needs to slow down. I believe this is poor customer service. What if I would have left without the spacer in my tire? What damage does that have done to my rims?

First they put the wrong tire model on my car, then got angry at me when I asked them to change it. The second time I went to change the tires (after hearing a noise) they tried telling me I wasn't allowed to change them (even though they have a 30-day guarantee) and told me I was prohibited from changing them again (again going against the guarantee). Overall very very rude customer service - take your business elsewhere. Also they are terrible at time management. I would have my appointment set and would be waiting while people just strolled in and had their tires changed on the fly--no sense of respect for the customer's time.

Purchased 3 tires. Manager said it would take an hour. It took 7hrs. Then an alignment went next day for inspection. It failed due to bad ball joint and two tie rods. Got fixed. Brought back for alignment. Still out of sack and 2 bald tires after. Let's see what they can do for me. The first time I went I got a ca care credit card from them. It gave me 6 months to pay the promotion. I get a call a week later saying I owed $ and if I didn't pay the balance they were sending cops to my house. And manager was very rude. Told them I had a credit through them and whom I dealt with. They said "oh we forgot to add it to paperwork." They are professional and won't last here in Auburn Maine. I already filed a complaint to attorney general. And let channel 13 know my complaint. Wish me goodwill.

Bought and had tires installed by them against my better judgement due to convenience. Brand new tire went flat next morning. Brought it back to have them fix the problem. Tool was stolen from my trunk when they put the spare back. I never write reviews but needed to put this out there. Town Fair in Plymouth, Ma.

I purchased a pair of Nexen Tires 4 month ago and less than 5000 miles on the road... Yesterday I found a bubble on one of them. I called the branch in Nashua NH to explain the problem. I got shocked when she told me with very rudeness "The tire is no longer under warranty since it passed 3 month"... The invoice and says 55000 miles.

Found tires I wanted and went looking for good price which was at Town Fair. Made a 9 AM appointment which the service guy said was good, early, in and out efficiently. Took 15 mins in line waiting for a certain person to help me. The other clerks stood around. Told them not to lose my Lexus metal valve caps and the comment was acknowledged. The clerk tried to offer me other tires from what I had ordered. I was told it would take an hour and a half. Seems like a long time, but OK. Went for a stroll to other stores next door and got back 15 mins early. Asked about timing and got a 15-20 mins response. OK. Then after 15-20 min I asked again, "Where is my car?" "Being worked on..." So I asked "How long?" Guess what...15-20 mins.

I asked what was left to do and I was told 2 more tires. How can it take 1:30 to check alignment and do 2 tires then 20 mins more for 2 more? Eventually got done. When I went to check the work, 2 metal valve covers were so loose they would have fallen off immediately, and one was replaced with a plastic cap. Went back inside and there was an amazing level of not caring. After I told the clerk those caps are $8 a piece, he offered me $8 cash. Then I said "and $50 for my time to go to a Lexus dealer." They then found the Lexus metal cap. Then I went back and checked the other wheels and found a center cap was missing. When I went back in screaming, they were indignant but quickly found and tried to hand me the cap. I refused saying they needed to put it on.

The service guy walked to the car directly to where the cap was missing. No looking... didn't ask which tire. Popped it on. When I got home the cap had fallen off. I suspect they broke the cap and that's why they didn't put it back on but I can't say for sure. These caps list for $24 at a Lexus dealer. So I then called the corporate Cust Serv office and got hold of a rep there. After a discussion of the litany of poor service, he offered to send me a Visa card to cover my missing part and my time. That was the only good part of this experience. This was in the Brockton, MA store.

Made an appointment for 1130 to change out 4 tires. 6 people with no appointment came and left before me. If I knew it was going to take 2.5 hours I would have dropped it off.

Scratched all 4 rims. Called them the next day and they said to come by and they will take care of me. Meet a different guy at the store and he tells me they will take care of all the damage. I tell him I just want them fixed and he tells me his boss will call me tomorrow. Never get a call and couldn't get a hold of his boss. I finally talk to the boss a month later and he told me my rims were painted so it's not their fault that they scratched all 4 of my rims. The boss told me to call a wheel guy to refinish them and that they will "look a lot nicer than they did when they first came in." Bottom line: my rims weren't scratched when I got there, they were scratched when I left. Just wanted them to own up to their faults and fix my rims. Didn't want to be insulted about my car.

A month ago I called Town Fair Tire in Bangor, Maine to see if they had snow tires for my son's Toyota--they did not. And so I checked the Augusta store closer to me. They said they did not stock them there but could get them up from the warehouse in So Portland the next day. Fine. I set up the exact tires with studding AND a four wheel alignment as an order, prepaid for it all by debit card in the spot, and gave them both cell phone numbers (mine and my son's) to call us if there was any problem--the appointment was set for a few days ahead. On the set date he drove (an hour+) down from Old Town to Augusta Town Fair Tire, got there ahead of time, and they told him they did not have "all the tires in..." he'd have to come back the next day when the fourth tire would arrive. Seriously?! No phone call, nothing. Not even "We're sorry".

He drives back to Old Town. Returns the next day. They take more than 4 hours to mount four snow tires and do the "alignment". They tell him he is set to go, he drives off--they don't give him any paperwork or receipt of any kind. No tire guarantees, nothing. He takes the car for inspection two days later in Bangor, at VIP Auto, and it fails inspection because the alignment is all wrong. They provide a computer printout showing him what is wrong with the alignment, and fixing it costs another $79.95. Car drives very well after this, and he calls me to tell me about the experience. I hit the roof. Where is the paperwork from Town Fair? "They did not give me any."

I call Town Fair Tire in Augusta 12-21-15, talk to an employee and ask for a receipt and work order copy to be mailed to me, and raise the issue of the alignment that wasn't done correctly--he says they cannot email the receipt or work order. Give him my address (which they already have from my charging the order) and he says he'll get it out right away and they'll process a refund from the office for the $49.95 alignment. So almost 2 weeks later, nothing in the mail from them, and no phone call from the office with any questions about the refund request. I am going to the Augusta store tomorrow to speak with a manager (if one exists) in person. Stay tuned. Town Fair if you are listening, you better shape up--this is not the way to gain customer loyalty.

I went to Town Fair Tire to repair a flat from one of my cars but they told me that they could not do it because it was too close to the edge. I just forgot about those tires (too expensive) and went back to my original ones that I had saved in my garage. A month later, I brought my truck for rims and tires. Six months later, a screw got in one of my tires. When I brought it to Town Fair, they came with the same story. "The puncture is too close of the edge and it can not be repaired."

I took it this time to another place and they just fixed it for me without any warnings which means that there was not problems with the tire. Here I was told that what they usually do is to acquire those new tires and repair them from the inside to sell them later and who knows where that money is going to. I don't recommend this place to anybody on earth. (Town Fair Tire on Honeyspot, Stratford, CT.) They have a nice combination. When you come in, the employee ask the "MANAGER", "What can we do with this tire?" and he replies, "We just can give 50% discount on it but the customer has to pay for aligning, etc, etc." And at the end you are paying for the entire price.

I made an appointment on-line at Fair Haven, Mass Town Fair Tire to purchase new tires for my new rims that I had previously purchase from another source. I wanted the tires I would purchase at Town Fair Tire to be mounted on my brand new 2015 Jeep Renegade. I arrived at the scheduled time and was welcomed politely. I was asked what type of vehicle I wanted the tires mounted on and stated 2015 Jeep Renegade. The manager looked at his computer screen then asked me what was the name of my vehicle and I said Jeep. He stated the company did not have a listing for a Jeep Renegade and wanted to see what the vehicle looked like.

We walked to my Jeep and he said he had never seen one. I stated that they have been out for a year. He looked in the Jeep and noticed the new rims and stated that the company does not allow them to mount tires on rims not purchased from them. I found that statement very interesting since they would mount the tires on rims that come with a vehicle. I got the tires but couldn't get them mounted because they do not list my vehicle and I already purchased my new rims. I have had other tire companies mount tires and rims for me with no issues. I came for the tire price but could have saved money and time by going back to one of those other companies. I ended up going to a local Jeep dealer that I did not buy the car, tires, or rims from and they seemed very happy to do the work and have my business.

Called and asked if they could fix back tire. They said "yes, come on down now." Got there and they told me it would be 2 hrs. I asked for appointment later so I did not have to wait so I made appointment for 2.5 hrs later. I have been here for 1.5 hrs and I asked what's going on? They just told me it will be another 1/2 hr or so. Part one.

I placed my Michelin tires on order last Friday, and was told they'd be in by Tuesday. My scheduled appointment was for the next Friday morning. When I arrived, it took the sales clerk 45 minutes to tell me that they didn't have my tires. So I asked the clerk why nobody followed up. They had Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to find out where they were. Additionally, no one called me to tell me my tires hadn't arrived so I wouldn't waste the trip.

Anyway, so the clerk tells me that they found my tires, shipped to the wrong store, and they'll be in by noon, but he'd wanted to wait until 1:00 pm to assure they arrived. He told me he'd call me at 1:00 pm. At 1:40 pm I showed up at the store, without a call from the clerk. Once again I'm told the tires are on their way, it should only be another 30 minutes. When 50 minutes went by I once again approached the clerk and was told the delivery truck was stuck in traffic, and that it should be only another 15 minutes. Guess what... 30 minutes later the truck still hadn't arrived.

Finally around 3:30 the tires finally arrive. They install the tires and perform a 4 wheel alignment, so I didn't get out of there until 5:00 pm. The following Monday I took my car to get its state yearly inspection done and it failed for the front suspension. How did the technician perform a wheel alignment with bad ball joints? Now I'm not blaming them for the ball joints being bad but come on, everyone knows that they're not suppose to align the wheels with bad suspension. Needless to say, I will never go back there again.

Town Fair Tire Company Profile