Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

144 Town Fair Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

So here is the deal, I had brought my car to the Killingly TFT tonight after replacing the passenger side tie rod's and keep in mind just 5 days ago my alignment was off on only the front passenger's side due to the tie rod's being bad. So replaced the tie rod's and brought it here to just have the alignment adjusted after the repair to be safe and lo and behold 10 maybe 15 mins after putting it on the lift the other three tires are out of alignment now and I was told that it was $86 in change but this is wrong with it go fix it and bring it back within 30 days and we'll redo the alignment for free.

Well I had driven this car to you on the highway to your store with no shaking or vibration in the wheels or the steering and I leave in less than 28 minutes with issues right before you all have to leave. What a waste of money and the worse part of it is that Xmas is in 2 weeks and I am a disabled veteran. So I get on the highway and the steering wheel shakes like crazy when I get up to 55 mph and if I hit the brakes it shakes violently. I get to the VetCenter in Norwich for a group and another vet asked to see the paperwork and he said, "Dude they screwed you. You went in with this and then you left like this." Horrible and no care for customer's safety. I want my money back so that I can take it back to the original business that informed me that my passenger's side front tie-rod was bad but everything else was good.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Last year (2017) in preparation for the snow season I purchased (4) new snow tires at the Milford, MA TFT store-$737.59. This season I had to replace (3) of the (4) snow tires I purchased last year at a cost of $947.05. That's a whopping $1,685.54 in snow tires! By the way, the 2017 purchases were on my car for approximately (5) months. WHY so many tires? So much money? My analysis is simple: poor quality tires and largely insensitive customer service.

In my 2017 purchase I had to replace (3) of (4) tires because there was a defect in a tire (a bubble), a second tire (leak of unknown origin) and a third tire (a blow out). I stated truthfully I did NOT hit a pot hole then was told by a technician that I hit a pot hole/frustrating!). I got my (4) new tires and went to work. I did not even get an apology (or free replacement tire or 2 offer) for "very expensive inconvenience". Over the years, my family has purchased many, many tires from this store. NO MORE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I paid over 800 dollars for new Goodyear tires. 10 days later my low tire light came on, on the dash. I took it back and waited two and a half hours. They said it was fixed. Two weeks later same thing, light on the dash came on again. Again I took it back over another two hours. They said it was fixed. No dice. The third time I told them I had to drive cross country and would they please make sure it’s fixed properly this time. Three hours later they assured me it would be fine. Now in Arizona I’ve had to fill the right front tire three times and there is no Town Fair Tires on this side of the country. I will never ever do business with them again, I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Just called to quote a price to have 4 tires changed on my vehicle with an alignment. The representative asked if I had purchased tires from them, and I said no. Then he responded that they will not service vehicles if I had not purchased tires from them. Obviously I found tires better than their deal but to not even service vehicles if tires were not purchased from them? Wow, what a terrible company practice. Lost a customer and any potential future sales.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought road hazard warranty on the 4 tires installed on car. I first had a tire replaced after hitting a raised manhole cover when RT 140 was getting resurfaced. The no cost-free replacement cost me $40. A second tire hit a curb and damaged the sidewalk. This time I came prepared by reviewing the road hazard policy on Town Fair's website. And found it simply states they will repair or replace the damaged tire at no cost to you.

I argued with Doug the sales associate. He first recommended a full 4 wheel alignment of the car, which I didn't see the need for and that the charge to replace the tire was again $40. I said their website is misleading and we could not come to a common understanding. He did reduce the charge to $14 to cover the tax and cost of buying the road hazard again for the new tire. I paid the $14, but still left feeling bamboozled. Be aware that no cost is not true. It's my opinion Town Fair Tire should rewrite their policy to state free is not free. That extra charges will be incurred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Town Fair Tire?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The Littleton, NH store is one of the worst service experiences I've ever had in my life. Not only was the kid behind the counter condescending and rude when I asked where my car was for pick up but they completely neglected to put my original tires and rims in the car before I left. My husband had to speak to the regional manager to schedule an appointment for studded winter tires, and rims. He was quoted a price and was told they would bag and load my existing tires when the work was done.

I picked up the car, and was given my invoice, I paid and left. It was only when I got home I realized that my original tires were not in my car. I gave my husband a call, and he rushed there to pick up the tires before they closed. They would not answer their phone. When my husband asked about the tires they were bothered by his presence there and said "they were bagged up right there" in the store. He asked about the amount charged as it was $300 more than we were quoted and the clerk said "with the discount it's less, what are complaining about?" Rude.

The next day we were inspecting the tires (finally having daylight to assist us) only to find they neglected to put ANY of the studs on. We went into the store again to get this taken care of. The manager was no one where to be found, the rude clerk was at the front again and my husband opted to not deal with him asking the manager to call about the utter lack of service we'd received, not to mention the forgetting of ALL of our snow studs. The manager never called. It's now three days after he was supposed to call to right the wrong. He hasn't. We've contacted the regional manager and no callback. We've contacted the corporate office and they couldn't help any more than providing a phone number for people who won't call us back. Honestly, I find the entire organization to be crooked, dishonest and rude and I wouldn't recommend them if they were the last place in existence to get tires.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had an appointment to have four new rims and winter tires installed on my 2018 Subaru. Well the first day it took over four hours, then the second day I got a warning light and I needed sensors installed. Second day waited three hours and finally they checked if they had the sensors and they didn't and wanted to order and take min of two days so I made a quick trip to Subaru and got the right ones, returned and they installed after another three hours. Day three, the card rode terrible like the tires were out of balance. Being Sunday they were not open and I took it to Pep Boys and they balanced the tires for $69.00.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I made a 10:30 appointment on Saturday at the Tewksbury MA location. I waited 2 1/2 hours before my car was looked at. I got a replacement tire since there was a nail in my tire. I was really upset that a 10:30 appointment meant waiting 2 1/2 hours. I also asked to have my tires rotated which they didn’t do. I will not go back again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

3 weeks ago I bought these tires at Town Fair Tire, Seabrook, NH. Yesterday my tire warning light came on. I called and was put on hold for 10 minutes. I gave them a call back number as the message suggested. I got the call and was told I had to make an appointment and leave my car overnight. I told the lady it was their mistake and that I was not going to make arrangements to have someone pick me up and then leave me off. She gave no other option. Also at the bottom of the work order it is typed, "We gave you the voluntary tire registration form. You must mail the form for the registration to be valid." They gave me no such form. Looks like things have deteriorated at this shop and at Town Fair Tire overall. Last time I go there for tires!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Several times have been to Johnston R.I. store. As early as 730am. Wait to be acknowledged. Want two tires balanced 2 or 3 hrs. Need tires upon opening store, 2 or 3 hrs. Today’s day and age wait is excessive. Impossible to get a ride at times. Absolutely nil customer service. Takes at least 10 to 15 mins before they acknowledge you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Bought tires with rims; spent over $800 more than 5 years ago with the promise of free lifetime snow changeovers and tire repair. Every year they are unable to honor this. Voiced my dissatisfaction with corporate customer service who apologized and made an appointment 2 months in advance to ensure that I have an appointment. Guess what? The night before, I call to confirm, and they have no record of the appointment that was MADE BY THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE agent. I was told they would "try and squeeze me in." As usual, I will end up paying someone else to change the tires. I could have saved the $200 I have paid for the changeover and not have so much frustration. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I’ve always had great experience with Town Fair Tire in Chicopee MA so I wanted to keep my business with them. Recently I bought new tires which are maaarvellous by the way. The service department especially Lamar, Table and Danny were all very respectful and helpful and willing to work with me personally and listen well to my concerns while maintaining a smile and being extremely kind and courteous the whole time of dealing with my stubbornness and pain in the butt customer I kept called myself and they all reassured me I wasn’t. In my opinion Lamar, Table and Danny all deserve a ten dollar raise each. I hope everyone has a maaarvellous day and thank you once again Lamar, Table and Danny! You all are maaarvellous! Don’t ever change your ways! Sincerely, Rach (the pain in the butt customer???)

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My 21 year old daughter had a flat and called AAA to change the tire which they did and recommended Town Fair for the repair. She took it there and they couldn’t fix it so they sold her a new tire which I’m ok with. They wanted to charge her $60 to swap it with the spare that AAA put on. She said no and took the tire out to her car and jacked it up herself a put it on right in the parking lot. That had to be good advertising for them. I think they could’ve put in on for no extra charge since she just bought it there. Not a good way to get future business. I’ve had a tire taken off plugged and put back on for $20 in the past at a local garage.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I just moved to Maine and couldn't figure out why my tire warning light was coming on. So I went to put air in for the 3rd time and saw a black hard thing coming out of the tire and realized it was a screw, so I put air in the tire and proceed to go on to running my errands. I came across the Town Fair Tire in Augusta and went in to see about getting my tire repaired. While asking about repair on the tire I mentioned that I had ordered a new set of tires from Walmart. The associate mentioned they were having a sale. After a few minutes of research he was able to get me a new set of tires fully installed for less than the ones I had ordered. All of the associates I spoke with were very polite and prompt while making my order and when they did the install, which was the next day.

I chose to keep my old tires and when I returned to pick up my car the tires were in my car all in bags so as not to dirty my seats. I had a very pleasant experience while dealing with your company. Jason was the first associate I met when I came in and he got things off to a great encounter. The customer service that I was given was better than any other store that I have gone too. So this is the only tire store I'm going to from now on. Jason at this store was very professional and helpful. Thank you to all the association at Augusta, ME Town Fair Tires. The phone number for the store is 207-623-7725.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

After getting a flat tire in the middle of New Haven, went to Derby, CT Town Fair Tire to have what I knew would be two new tires (put on rear with 2 rear tires moved to front). I was told by the Triple A mechanic who changed my flat that the alignment was definitely off in the front but that rear tires usually don't have alignment issues and looked fine. When the clerk (a cocky kid named Geno) began to tell me I'd need to align both the front and the rear, that it's "always necessary" I told him what the guy from Triple A had said. "No, no... you need to align everything to get it right." So, stupid me pays for the whole shebang (inc. $55 for the rear alignment, front is free with purchase of two tires) with an appt. set for the next day which would take about 1 1/2 hours.

Go down for my appt. not a long wait, they switch the tires, put it up on the alignment rack and from what I could see on the closed circuit TV in the waiting area, only adjusted the front end. They were done in an hour, only spent 15 min. on the alignment wondering if they had attended to the rear. I question the timing and Geno smugly dismisses my concern saying, "Be glad it got done early." Guy comes in with paperwork and Geno proceeds to point out how the front end had to be adjusted but the rear was fine (as I tried to tell him from the get-go) and that "at least now you know there was nothing wrong with the rear alignment"!!

So I was pushed into getting and paying $55 for an alignment I didn't want or request to begin with, and got nothing for it!! All the while with him telling me that just their hooking it up to the machine and seeing it didn't need adjusting costs $55 and I should be happy it didn't need anything. They should have refunded my money. I'm not done. Will be taking this to higher management.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Sensor light came on with old leaky tire. Would fill tire and light would go off. Bought 4 new tires at Town Fair Tire Hyannis Ma. Now sensor light stays on. Went back. Said It's my problem now. Said my sensor was old and went. So came home and Read up on sensors. It's in the valve stem. They Need to use a Toyota factory sensor or they damaged mine while changing to new tires. Called Manager when I got home. Going back Monday August 10th 2018. I got the runaround the first time back and they weren't going to fix it. See what happens Monday.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I use the TFT in Tewksbury for all of my tire needs. I put about 35000 miles on my car each year and I trust the staff here to maintain my car so as to maximize performance. Thank you to all including Tyler. You guys are great and always very fast. Again I thank you...

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

So I had gone to Town Fair Tire in Torrington for what I thought was a flat. Got that taken care of and went back the next day for a torque check at the 25 mile mark. That was done. Today, I went to a friend's garage to have a wheel bearing done on my Jeep on the same side as the flat I had. Town Fair Tire over torqued one of my lug nuts on my tire and now I can’t use it. I have yet to go to the store to see what they’re going to do about it, but my guess is nothing. I do know that I will NOT be going there again...

Original review: April 23, 2018

Went to Town Fair Tire in South Portland, ME. Paid for 2 new tires, and paid to have existing tires balanced. So we went on vacation, came back a week later, and one of the old tires was flat, went to change it, and the wheel was frozen to the rotor (rotor was old and quite rusty). So, how did they balance the existing wheels if they didn’t take them off, because if they took them off a week ago, it wouldn’t take a sledgehammer to free them now, I’m furious. This is not the end of this, I will be refunded fully for the work they “claimed” they did.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Made appointment with TFT on their website. Was given three choices for tires, ranging from cheap to expensive and I purchased the middle ones. Left the store and everything was fine until I drove on the highway a week or two later. My truck was vibrating between 60-75 MPH. Made another appointment to have them check to see if they were balanced properly and apparently there were. Left the store and truck was still vibrating on the highway but I was unable to get back in to TFT for 3 months.

Finally took my truck back and they said everything was fine AGAIN. My truck has continually had this vibration so I went to my personal mechanic and he checked things out and said ultimately the vibration is caused by the tires themselves. He said they never should have put this type of tire on a truck! He called TFT and they offered 50% off my original purchase price to buy more tire. NOT IN THE BUDGET NOW. Please do research before going to TFT. I will never return to them nor will anyone in my family...

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My husband and I went to Town Fair Tire in Hanover, Ma last week to get a new tire. Unfortunately the last time I needed a tire replaced I went to Town Fair Tire and my spare/donut was never put back into my car. Of course we discovered this when we tried to change the flat. We had to leave the car jacked up in a snowbank on the side of the road and bring the flat tire/rim into the store to have a new tire put on. There was a tractor trailer truck backed into the only entrance of the store.

As my husband walked into the store he was hit by flying tire that was aggressively thrown/rolled from the interior of the truck. There was an employee standing inside the store whose job (I assume) was to catch the tire flying out of the back of the truck. He apologized and asked my husband if he was ok. The employee who threw the tire began yelling at my husband that it was his fault he was hit and that he ignored all the warning signs. I went back outside and there was a caution sign on the doors to the back of the truck that was unremarkable enough that we did not see it.

There was no employee watching for unknowing pedestrians coming into the store. The sidewalk was not blocked off in any way. There was no caution tape. The other employees inside the store also blamed my husband for being hit by a flying tire. We were then denied service by the manager of the store. We went to the Town Fair Tire in Plymouth (unfortunately no one else had my tire in stock and we needed it right away).

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I called the Shrewsbury MA store on Wednesday to have a new winter package installed for Thursday afternoon - wheels, tires and sensors. I arrived 10 minutes early and was out the door 20 minutes later. Phil and his team were excellent. Good clean job, old wheel package carefully wrapped up and in the trunk. Big thumbs up!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I spent over $800.00 on a summer tire and wheel package. I was told that seasonal tire changeovers were free. When I went to have my tires swapped they told me that they wouldn't do it because I didn't buy the winter tires there. They told me to try Sears... Wow!!! My winter tires were brand new bought at Tire Rack!!! Guess what when I went to the Tire Rack Warehouse in Windsor, CT there was a Town Fair truck there picking up a load of tires. I will never go to Town Fair Tires again!!! Bait and Switch!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I wanted Michelin tires but was told they did not have my size but they showed me the best, better and good tires on a tablet with their discounts. The Mastercraft were the best with a price of $147 per tire, but on sale for $117. The initial entire package was over $700, but I was shocked at that price, so they cut it down to $640. I had never heard of the tires but was told they were excellent tires made by Cooper.

When home, I researched these "great" tires. They were selling these at Walmart for $59 with free shipping. THEY WERE MEDIOCRE LOW END TIRES. I went back and they credited my credit card for $240. I still got stuck with a set of low-end mediocre tires. When I initially came to Town Fair Tire in Falmouth, MA, I asked for better tires that came off mine which only lasted 23,000 miles. I ended up with tires that actually had a lower rating. Can you believe it? Please, folks, get an estimate, research it, then go back and have your tires installed. Thank God for the Internet!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Beware of the liars & scammers who work @ TFT Waterbury, CT!! Purchased a set of 4 tires with warranty/65000mi & alignment cost $850… and not even a name brand tire. Tires keep going flat and my car is all over the road unable to control. Called the manager & told I needed to replace the sensors. Purchased the sensors. Waited for them to be shipped. 2 weeks later my car still driving like **, & still losing air. Finally replaced sensors & did nothing. Low pressure lights keep coming on & car unable to control. Finally took the time to bring the car back in & told them something is seriously OFF. They blamed me for the tires being worn saying I needed to have an alignment done every 3 months & that's why my tires are bad. They agreed to change 2 tires at 50% off. After 1 week the tires start with a slow leaking…

Went back again and was told I would be charged $99 per tire for flat repair... I walked out & went to Sears Auto. They fully inspected my vehicle & said my ball joints & tire rods are completely gone... why didn’t TFT notice this when they did the alignment?? Turns out because they never even did the alignment but yet charged me for one stated former employee of TFT who now works @ Sears Auto & to top it off they even put the wrong set of tires on my vehicle. I immediately called TFT & asked to speak with the manager. Questioned why they put the wrong set of tires on my car and charged me for an alignment that they clearly did not do... Got dead silence followed by, “Come in next week and we will take care of you,” line of crap... I will be calling the corporate offices asap Monday morning, as well as New Channel 8 investigates… With all of the consumer complaints against this company, a class action lawsuit should be filed against these thievesters.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I called last Tuesday and asked for an appointment for Friday to do a changeover to put on snow studded tires I purchased here last year and was told there were no appointments this time of year. And when I went in on yesterday Friday at 7:45 am when they opened there were only four people ahead of me. I was advised that the best thing to do was leave it there and they would call me when it was ready. Well that's what I did and went next door to IHOP to have breakfast with my wife. I figured that this would easily be done by noon. So I called at 1:30 and they had not touched it and was told to call later. I called at 3:00 not done; told to call later. I called at 4:00 pm; car still in parking lot and not done. I final called at 4:35 and was told it would be next in line when they get to it. So I told the woman who answered, "No don't touch it as I have already been waiting 9 hours. I will be over to pick it up and I want my $42 back which I pre-paid."

When I got there I found two other customers at the front desk complaining about being in the same situation. We were told that the company policy was to get it done that day. And when we asked when the answer was today up and until 8:30 pm tonight. Also that appointments were taken and had been made for people purchasing tires that were put ahead of me. I also found out that when I was calling the store I wasn't. I really was calling the call center who every time I called asked me for my name, last name, then first when they could not find the vehicle, then make and model and was put on hold for up to five minutes each time because little did I realize they were calling the Auburn store. Never again will I purchase or have tires put on or rotated there. It's back to Tire Warehouse for me and my wife. This is the absolute worse customer service business I have ever seen in a totally chaotic atmosphere.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I wish I never went back to Town Fair Tire in Norwich CT after the first time I went to my appointment for new tires to purchase. I thought I must have been a bad day and that was why this place was taking hours and hours to finish my car, plus adding charges that should be under the warranty that I purchased with my tires and every 6 months they end up telling me I need to replace my tires. Each time I walk out from my appointment after waiting for hours with no estimated wait time plus employees have attitudes if I even try to ask any question about anything.

I end up paying them hundreds of dollars then I am getting my car back 3 hours after my appointment was scheduled, I'm done with this place and I recommend to stay far away from town fair tire. Below is from the town fair tire website and it's a complete lie, The Philosophy: We are people driven. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction. "You take care of the customer and the customer will take care of you".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Recently (3 months ago), I've spent over $1300 on 8 tires (for 2 cars). Well, within a month, one tire was flat - went to the store - it was determined that the air was leaking between the rim and the tire, and the stem valve was leaking too. New England salt was blamed on the first issue, do not remember what was the explanation for the second issue (I thought I paid for the valve reconditioning - there is my bill to prove it). Both issues look to me like a sloppy work.

Four days ago (Nov. 4, 2017), the second car developed an air leak. We went to Town Fair Tire in Avon CT to fix it. They have determined that there was a leak around the rim and through the vent (again, sloppy work in my opinion, but the NE salt was blamed, yet the car is not even 4 years old and it is garaged!). They supposedly fixed it. Before fixing it, they said that there was a nail with a black head, however, they dropped that suspicion. When we got home, I determined that it was not a nail - it was a rubber plug. But, how that can be!? I bought new tires (supposedly). This looks very suspicious to me. The tire lost air over the following 3 days.

On Wednesday (Nov. 8, 2017) we went to fix it again. This time they told us that we need a new tire because this one is leaking on the side and cannot be fixed, so we were told to buy a new one and they offered it for $167. So, I am out of $160.00 because of a low quality work and have experienced plenty of inconvenience. Also, that plug in the "brand new tire", tells me that I should not shop for service in Town Fair Tire anymore (a conversation with the friend convinced me to go to that place again). There was no lower choice than zero stars, so I had to choose 1 star. Be aware (I just found out this business is still not accredited - I guess there is a reason for that)!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had my car towed to Town Fair Tire Quincy Ave Quincy Ma. because of a flat tire. When my vehicle was done the gentleman at the desk handed me my lug lock and at first I got taken back because I never gave it to them, didn't say anything at first but then my phone charger was gone. I raced back to the location, spoke with the assistant mgr. and all he did was justify everything. Unbelievable. 1st that means that the technician went through my glove box without my consent. #2 When I got there I was talking to an employee. I stepped out of my car but before I did I unplugged my charger continued talking to him as I worked my way in the location. I tried explaining this but trying to explain to a closed mind is like talking to the wall. I had no choice but to call the police and to end they paid me for my stolen charger. Never again will I visit this store.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Talk with a salesman on the phone. Tell them I have four brand new tires I need mounted and balance. "OK no PROB bring it in." I go and then they say, "OH new tires not from us we can't mount them due to ins. But we do mount USED tires." LMFAO. How does that make sense. I said before they get you in the door and try to sell you more and never go BACK. WELL I'll spread this around. Firestone IS BETTER AND MATCHES online.

Town Fair Tire Company Information