1.36/5
  • 1 star
Based on 103 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

120 Town Fair Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Beware of the liars & scammers who work @ TFT Waterbury, CT!! Purchased a set of 4 tires with warranty/65000mi & alignment cost $850… and not even a name brand tire. Tires keep going flat and my car is all over the road unable to control. Called the manager & told I needed to replace the sensors. Purchased the sensors. Waited for them to be shipped. 2 weeks later my car still driving like **, & still losing air. Finally replaced sensors & did nothing. Low pressure lights keep coming on & car unable to control. Finally took the time to bring the car back in & told them something is seriously OFF. They blamed me for the tires being worn saying I needed to have an alignment done every 3 months & that's why my tires are bad. They agreed to change 2 tires at 50% off. After 1 week the tires start with a slow leaking…

Went back again and was told I would be charged $99 per tire for flat repair... I walked out & went to Sears Auto. They fully inspected my vehicle & said my ball joints & tire rods are completely gone... why didn’t TFT notice this when they did the alignment?? Turns out because they never even did the alignment but yet charged me for one stated former employee of TFT who now works @ Sears Auto & to top it off they even put the wrong set of tires on my vehicle. I immediately called TFT & asked to speak with the manager. Questioned why they put the wrong set of tires on my car and charged me for an alignment that they clearly did not do... Got dead silence followed by, “Come in next week and we will take care of you,” line of crap... I will be calling the corporate offices asap Monday morning, as well as New Channel 8 investigates… With all of the consumer complaints against this company, a class action lawsuit should be filed against these thievesters.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I called last Tuesday and asked for an appointment for Friday to do a changeover to put on snow studded tires I purchased here last year and was told there were no appointments this time of year. And when I went in on yesterday Friday at 7:45 am when they opened there were only four people ahead of me. I was advised that the best thing to do was leave it there and they would call me when it was ready. Well that's what I did and went next door to IHOP to have breakfast with my wife. I figured that this would easily be done by noon. So I called at 1:30 and they had not touched it and was told to call later. I called at 3:00 not done; told to call later. I called at 4:00 pm; car still in parking lot and not done. I final called at 4:35 and was told it would be next in line when they get to it. So I told the woman who answered, "No don't touch it as I have already been waiting 9 hours. I will be over to pick it up and I want my $42 back which I pre-paid."

When I got there I found two other customers at the front desk complaining about being in the same situation. We were told that the company policy was to get it done that day. And when we asked when the answer was today up and until 8:30 pm tonight. Also that appointments were taken and had been made for people purchasing tires that were put ahead of me. I also found out that when I was calling the store I wasn't. I really was calling the call center who every time I called asked me for my name, last name, then first when they could not find the vehicle, then make and model and was put on hold for up to five minutes each time because little did I realize they were calling the Auburn store. Never again will I purchase or have tires put on or rotated there. It's back to Tire Warehouse for me and my wife. This is the absolute worse customer service business I have ever seen in a totally chaotic atmosphere.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I wish I never went back to Town Fair Tire in Norwich CT after the first time I went to my appointment for new tires to purchase. I thought I must have been a bad day and that was why this place was taking hours and hours to finish my car, plus adding charges that should be under the warranty that I purchased with my tires and every 6 months they end up telling me I need to replace my tires. Each time I walk out from my appointment after waiting for hours with no estimated wait time plus employees have attitudes if I even try to ask any question about anything.

I end up paying them hundreds of dollars then I am getting my car back 3 hours after my appointment was scheduled, I'm done with this place and I recommend to stay far away from town fair tire. Below is from the town fair tire website and it's a complete lie, The Philosophy: We are people driven. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction. "You take care of the customer and the customer will take care of you".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Recently (3 months ago), I've spent over $1300 on 8 tires (for 2 cars). Well, within a month, one tire was flat - went to the store - it was determined that the air was leaking between the rim and the tire, and the stem valve was leaking too. New England salt was blamed on the first issue, do not remember what was the explanation for the second issue (I thought I paid for the valve reconditioning - there is my bill to prove it). Both issues look to me like a sloppy work.

Four days ago (Nov. 4, 2017), the second car developed an air leak. We went to Town Fair Tire in Avon CT to fix it. They have determined that there was a leak around the rim and through the vent (again, sloppy work in my opinion, but the NE salt was blamed, yet the car is not even 4 years old and it is garaged!). They supposedly fixed it. Before fixing it, they said that there was a nail with a black head, however, they dropped that suspicion. When we got home, I determined that it was not a nail - it was a rubber plug. But, how that can be!? I bought new tires (supposedly). This looks very suspicious to me. The tire lost air over the following 3 days.

On Wednesday (Nov. 8, 2017) we went to fix it again. This time they told us that we need a new tire because this one is leaking on the side and cannot be fixed, so we were told to buy a new one and they offered it for $167. So, I am out of $160.00 because of a low quality work and have experienced plenty of inconvenience. Also, that plug in the "brand new tire", tells me that I should not shop for service in Town Fair Tire anymore (a conversation with the friend convinced me to go to that place again). There was no lower choice than zero stars, so I had to choose 1 star. Be aware (I just found out this business is still not accredited - I guess there is a reason for that)!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had my car towed to Town Fair Tire Quincy Ave Quincy Ma. because of a flat tire. When my vehicle was done the gentleman at the desk handed me my lug lock and at first I got taken back because I never gave it to them, didn't say anything at first but then my phone charger was gone. I raced back to the location, spoke with the assistant mgr. and all he did was justify everything. Unbelievable. 1st that means that the technician went through my glove box without my consent. #2 When I got there I was talking to an employee. I stepped out of my car but before I did I unplugged my charger continued talking to him as I worked my way in the location. I tried explaining this but trying to explain to a closed mind is like talking to the wall. I had no choice but to call the police and to end they paid me for my stolen charger. Never again will I visit this store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Town Fair Tire?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Talk with a salesman on the phone. Tell them I have four brand new tires I need mounted and balance. "OK no PROB bring it in." I go and then they say, "OH new tires not from us we can't mount them due to ins. But we do mount USED tires." LMFAO. How does that make sense. I said before they get you in the door and try to sell you more and never go BACK. WELL I'll spread this around. Firestone IS BETTER AND MATCHES online.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Called Town Fair Tire to order tires for my daughter's car. Spoke with Robert who I gave him the car information and that I wanted Michelin X-i3 snow tires. He gave me a quote and a installation time and date. My daughter shows up and Dan the salesman said I ordered the wrong size tire and he went on to sell her a Falken tire. They just happen to be on special. I call Dan and he does not understand customer service and kept telling me I order the wrong tire when in fact Robert at their online store ordered the wrong tire. Then he went on to tell me that if I want the correct Michelin it would have cost me 17 dollars more per tire.

Then I asked to speak with the manager and he sends me to 15 minutes of waiting and then I go into voicemail. Then when I call back I finally get Dan again and he says he can get the correct tires at the correct price if my daughter wants to drive down again and wait to have the tires put on. I've been buying tires from Town Fair Tire for 30 plus years and at this point I will never purchase anything from them again after the run around I got and what they made my daughter go through.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

When I went in and purchased 4 new tires which was not easy as their credit card system charged card twice second was denied as I only had so much allotted for approval. It appears the system burped which caused quite a stir for my bank. After finally getting that corrected, was told the price match is good for 90 days. Found the same tires cheaper elsewhere and when I went back they now charged "shipping" fees for the tires so the match was not exact. Not to mention the extreme long wait was told 90 minutes it was more than 180 minutes.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Arrived at 9 for scheduled appointment for full tire service. Called ahead to check tire stock. Did not touch car for one and a half hours. Took three more hours to complete. Drove it 200 miles vibration in steering wheel 70-90 mph. Took it back with 8 am appointment they "open" at 7:45 but still were not ready? Service manager Jamie? said they only high speed balance to 70 mph? Route 93, Route 128, Route 3 routinely have travel lane above 70 mph??? 1000 bucks and the place is run like a third world country. Sorry about the one star, no option for negative five star. Will follow up with review after "rebalancing" attempt.

Resolution response: Aug. 22, 2017

Called Town Fair and they offered to refund to cover the cost of the alignment. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Went in for 4 tires on Saturday, 8/12. The person behind the counter was stressing how important it was to have a 4 wheel alignment done when putting new tires on the car. Paid the additional $49 for the 4 wheel alignment. When I picked the car up, I reviewed the alignment results. The rear did not need to be done. The alignment was fine to begin with. The front was needed, however, the front alignment is part of the free services that they provide. $645 was plenty to spend in one day, nevermind an additional $49 for a service that was need necessary.

Original review: May 30, 2017

My son has taken his car to Town Fair Tire to have 3 tires changed over the last 4 months with the last time being in April to have his front left tire replaced. Each time he has taken his car in they have charged him for an alignment, of the front and rear, because tire alignments are free with purchase. My son's car had the front left tire come off the axle last week due to a failed ball joint and arm. The front end alignment done the month prior should have been the notification from Town Fair of the problem prior to the total failure of the ball joint and arm. There is no way that Town Fair Tire could have done an alignment and not noticed the ball joint and arm were almost gone. I have copies of the paid invoices and have called the manager of the store with no response.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Want to thank Brice and Tim and the crew of Town Fair Tire in Orange. I came in with my son's car with an issue and they were very polite. Didn't take advantage of me because I was a woman. Very honest and forthcoming and I can't thank them enough for the great customer service. I will definitely be back. They were very patient and just great guys. Easy to talk to and they gave their honest opinion and just awesome customer service. They all need a pat on the back. They are so polite and great guys.

Original review: April 18, 2017

This the third time I've had my tire changed over and each time the damaged to the alloy rims has gotten worse. I let a very little go but this time it was like they took a screwdriver to the center cap and totally scraped, chipped and scratched the ** out of it. When I showed the assistant managers he shrugs his shoulders and said there was "bubbling underneath" and they had to pry off the cap. It wasn't bubbling, it was stress cracks and even if you wanted to say that on one tire (cumulative damage from three changeovers) the other three showed no such "bubbling" and suffered huge damage. The monkey that did the "service" also scratched my driver's door in two places.

I called their corporate headquarters and logged a complaint and sent the guy pictures and to date... nothing. The rims are ruined and will definitely cost me when I try to trade or sell the vehicle. What a mistake dealing with this company. Never again. It's a place to get lots of promises and have them all broken. The biggest joke is the sign they have right in front of the counter that says "If you haven't received 5-star services let us know." I'd settle for 1 star right now.

Original review: April 4, 2017

On Tuesday April 4 about 2pm, I drove to Town Fair in Walpole. I reside in Norton Mass. The reason I chose Town Fair was because I purchased my four tires from them in November of 2015. I spoke to David who stated he was the acting manager. I wanted to have my flat tire fixed or replaced. He was very condescending and stated there would be a three hour wait. I told him that when I purchased my tires there was no wait. When I said I would wait he said maybe it would be longer. He then said to go to Brockton or Raynham Town stores.

I am a senior citizen and expected to be treated like any other customer not in a condescending manner. I went to a Firestone dealership in Mansfield and the employees were very professional and understanding. I was in and out in 35 minutes at a cost less than $30.00 dollars. When I need service or tires I will go back to Firestone and never recommend Town Fair to anybody.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Bought 2010 Nissan Frontier with 40,000 needed tires so I went to TFT in Milford, Ct Boston Post RD, bought a set of tires, got 20,000 out of them, paid over 600. and change got a flat on I 95 in Stratford, Ct. Got my first flat with in a few hundred miles, had 1 x exit to go to get to their store. Was raining and was there before 5:00. Asked them to put a new tire on cause I had road hazard, was told they too Busy so I ask if they could put my spare tire on but again too busy as they were having a smoke. So I just lost my right leg above the knee and had to change it myself or leave the truck parked in the lot overnight. I was able to put the spear on and make it to Milford TFT where I left the tire which they replace. Called TFT head office in East Haven and told them what happened and was given 100 Visa card.

Then I get another flat and was told they no longer have that tire and I have a 4x4 so all tires have got to be the same. So they PRO RATED my tire and said I had 300.00 to go to new tires that they tried to sell me for 750.00. I was so pissed off and told them I paid 600.00 and that's what I wanted. So after a lot of back and forth, now my truck hit 80,000 miles I rotate my tires every 7,000 and have lift time front alignment with Firestone which I have done after I rotate the tires. So 2 sets of tires and I get 40,000 miles out of the same thing happen on our Jeep and they tried to do the same thing. I get my Tires from Robertson's Tires in BPT. TFT is not the only game in town. If you buy tires there keep track of the miles you get on them. I don't have my receipt or order number but my name is John ** and I live here in Milford and on SS Disability and just tired of buy thing that don't last. These were 60,000 miles so BEWARE.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I purchased tires approximately 2 months ago. I returned today because I was losing air and I noticed a bolt stuck in my rear tire. I arrived at 8am and was told they would have to replace the tire, well they don't have the tire here. They said it would be here at 2pm and said I should drive home and return at 2pm. I was concerned about the tire going flat and I would have no way of getting my vehicle back to the store. So I will have to sit here for 6 hours. They are so helpful and nice to you when they are selling 4 tires, but not so helpful or nice when you need repair or replacement. I am sorry I came to Town Fair Tire and I will spread the word of poor customer service. I feel that have taken advantage of me as I am a woman and a senior citizen.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

It was recommended to me by a fellow employee that I check out Town Fair Tire in Lebanon, NH for truck tires, as he did and was extremely pleased! So I did just that, I walked in right when they opened on a Friday morning, was pleasantly greeted by every employee in the place. I had shopped online for 5 specific brands I was looking for and had them and all the specs written down. Went through them with John, we picked one, shook hands and in one hour later I was driving away!! SUPER service!!! Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend Lebanon Town Fair Tire!!! And I say that with pride!! Thanks so much guys for a great tire buying experience!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Before you buy tires at TFT go to Tire Rack.com and find the tires you want to buy, then go to TFT and they will beat the price. Do your homework before you buy tires at TFT, you'll save $$$. Don't let them charge you things you don't need. I just saved $20.00 and a tire.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

My mother went to purchase tires and she was treated very bad and she is in a wheelchair. She was treated very poorly and the manager was not professional and the guy that sold her the tires ripped her off because she was told one price and was charged another. Beware of Town Fair Tire in Enfield, CT.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I got new tires about 6 weeks ago. I was trying to beat the rush and do it when I still had time (I have no free time in November and December). The initial experience was fine. They are happy to sell you tires for $800. The next day I heard a rattling sound. I thought it might had been as a result of the brake job I had the same day as the new tires. Meineke looked at it and told me it was a loose tire weight (used to balance the tires).

So, trip two to Town Fair. It only took about an hour for them to fix it. A couple days later my tire inflation light goes off. I check my air pressure. No two tires were the same. They ranged from 17 to 40 PSI. I adjusted them. Since then, about every four days, I need to inflate one of the tires. So, I need another trip to Town Fair to fix the slow leak. I called them on my first available day off and was told "Don't come in today, we're too busy." I stop by my next opportunity... "It'll be at least two hours." I don't have two hours.

My next opportunity comes about because I get sick and have an unexpected day off. When I drop it off, he says "It'll probably be an hour before we can get to it." "No problem, I'll do a little Christmas shopping." Two hours later I need to get home to bed (I am sick after all). I go back and they haven't moved my car. I sit and wait another half hour - they still haven't moved it. When I complain, they start yelling at me. Saying I must have picked up a nail and that it is my fault. Maybe, maybe not, but at some point when a customer has come back again and again for the same problem, don't you try to treat that customer well and pull out as good an experience as possible? Apparently not if you are Town Fair Tire.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

Though I've had other not so great experiences with mechanics, dealers etc. like everyone, I don't ever feel the need to speak out to the world but, this past week I had to order 2 new tires to match the 2 remaining on my vehicle at the Leominster MA store. I made an appointment, busted my butt to get there to be told "the tires did not come off the truck". The sales guy (Rick) was sympathetic and said he would take care of me by giving me the tires at his cost. Irritating but no biggie. Rescheduled the appointment a couple days later. When I got to the appointment, of course, no Rick in sight so no discount. When the car was finished I was told that one of the holes that the lugs threaded into was stripped and that it was a common occurrence...REALLY!

Bear in mind that THEY put the tires on the previous year. Now, as I said, that would have been the end of it but, over the past 2 or three years I had brought my second car in on 3 different occasions and all 3 times they managed to break a lug stud. They are not capable of repairing these on sight so now it's another trip to a garage to get it repaired. The first time I will give them credit for at least paying for the repair however, the 2nd and 3rd time I was treated like it was somehow my fault. This last time pushed me over the edge. My biggest complaint is that they won't even take ownership. I'm thinking I can't be the only person this has happened to. It's just plain wrong! Don't think I'll be dealing with them in the future.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Totally incompetent, horrendous CS, lack of product knowledge. Repeatedly messed up my order for weeks. And finally, to make matters worse, they screwed up on the alignment. They totally suck!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

After a long day I had to be towed due to a flat tire. I went in and nobody greeted me. One man walked right past me 2 times without saying he will be right with me. When he finally waited on me, he tried to sell me rims, all new tires, alignment. I said all "I want is a tire." He said "Well you are going to have to sign a waiver because I am not going to be responsible." Still makes no sense. Not impressed. Twin City Tire is much better.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I went to Town Fair Tire in Torrington CT. I bought 4 new tires and had them balanced and installed. On freshly paved roads, the car was all over the road and shaking. I took the car back and they re balanced the car and said the tires had blips in them, and they balanced them out. The car was much worse the second time. I had them replace all 4 tires.

At about 50 mph, the rear end of the car was bouncing and vibrating severely. I went back to the shop and took the service manager for a ride. He thought it was funny and said it was my nerves. They re balanced the tires and once again said there were blips in the two rear tires and ordered two new tires. A few days later I had the two rear tires replaced. The rear was now riding fine. However the front end was still vibrating and shaking. I took my car to the Canton CT store and had them re balance the tires and finally the car is riding fine. Thank you Joshua from Canton Town Fair Tire. Torrington NOT SO MUCH.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Terrible customer service!!! Was absolutely ignored, it was like I was invisible!!! 5 people in line behind me all muttering how bad this place is! They never even said, "Just another minute" or "Sorry for the wait". I was never even acknowledged. Firestone is right down the street. They were very helpful and polite.

Original review: June 17, 2016

Three different alignments from two different shops [Norwalk and Brookfield Ct.] and the report that they gave me shows that it is still not within specs. After the second alignment, they sent me home with my car and told me I had to break a nut loose so they can adjust it. What?!?!?! So, in my driveway with my car jacked up, I had to loosen a nut for them. What!?!?! You can't make that up! I contacted customer support after the third failed attempt at the alignment and no response or explanation why their own report shows an incorrect alignment.

Original review: May 9, 2016

I never write a review. I called and made an appointment on Saturday for 3 o'clock for a tire repair. Clearly stated that I had a nail in my tire. After waiting for 40 minutes they give me my keys and all they did was check the valve stem. They proceeded to take my car back in only to give me my keys back without replacing the spacer that goes between the tire and the rim. Now I have to wait another half hour for them to fix that. The manager proceeded to tell me that he was sorry and he told his mechanic next time he needs to slow down. I believe this is poor customer service. What if I would have left without the spacer in my tire? What damage does that have done to my rims?

Original review: April 16, 2016

First they put the wrong tire model on my car, then got angry at me when I asked them to change it. The second time I went to change the tires (after hearing a noise) they tried telling me I wasn't allowed to change them (even though they have a 30-day guarantee) and told me I was prohibited from changing them again (again going against the guarantee). Overall very very rude customer service - take your business elsewhere. Also they are terrible at time management. I would have my appointment set and would be waiting while people just strolled in and had their tires changed on the fly--no sense of respect for the customer's time.

Original review: March 23, 2016

Purchased 3 tires. Manager said it would take an hour. It took 7hrs. Then an alignment went next day for inspection. It failed due to bad ball joint and two tie rods. Got fixed. Brought back for alignment. Still out of sack and 2 bald tires after. Let's see what they can do for me. The first time I went I got a ca care credit card from them. It gave me 6 months to pay the promotion. I get a call a week later saying I owed $ and if I didn't pay the balance they were sending cops to my house. And manager was very rude. Told them I had a credit through them and whom I dealt with. They said "oh we forgot to add it to paperwork." They are professional and won't last here in Auburn Maine. I already filed a complaint to attorney general. And let channel 13 know my complaint. Wish me goodwill.

Original review: March 4, 2016

Bought and had tires installed by them against my better judgement due to convenience. Brand new tire went flat next morning. Brought it back to have them fix the problem. Tool was stolen from my trunk when they put the spare back. I never write reviews but needed to put this out there. Town Fair in Plymouth, Ma.

Town Fair Tire Company Information