1.43/5
Based on 114 reviews that contain star ratings

East Haven, CT

131 Town Fair Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I just moved to Maine and couldn't figure out why my tire warning light was coming on. So I went to put air in for the 3rd time and saw a black hard thing coming out of the tire and realized it was a screw, so I put air in the tire and proceed to go on to running my errands. I came across the Town Fair Tire in Augusta and went in to see about getting my tire repaired. While asking about repair on the tire I mentioned that I had ordered a new set of tires from Walmart. The associate mentioned they were having a sale. After a few minutes of research he was able to get me a new set of tires fully installed for less than the ones I had ordered. All of the associates I spoke with were very polite and prompt while making my order and when they did the install, which was the next day.

I chose to keep my old tires and when I returned to pick up my car the tires were in my car all in bags so as not to dirty my seats. I had a very pleasant experience while dealing with your company. Jason was the first associate I met when I came in and he got things off to a great encounter. The customer service that I was given was better than any other store that I have gone too. So this is the only tire store I'm going to from now on. Jason at this store was very professional and helpful. Thank you to all the association at Augusta, ME Town Fair Tires. The phone number for the store is 207-623-7725.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

After getting a flat tire in the middle of New Haven, went to Derby, CT Town Fair Tire to have what I knew would be two new tires (put on rear with 2 rear tires moved to front). I was told by the Triple A mechanic who changed my flat that the alignment was definitely off in the front but that rear tires usually don't have alignment issues and looked fine. When the clerk (a cocky kid named Geno) began to tell me I'd need to align both the front and the rear, that it's "always necessary" I told him what the guy from Triple A had said. "No, no... you need to align everything to get it right." So, stupid me pays for the whole shebang (inc. $55 for the rear alignment, front is free with purchase of two tires) with an appt. set for the next day which would take about 1 1/2 hours.

Go down for my appt. not a long wait, they switch the tires, put it up on the alignment rack and from what I could see on the closed circuit TV in the waiting area, only adjusted the front end. They were done in an hour, only spent 15 min. on the alignment wondering if they had attended to the rear. I question the timing and Geno smugly dismisses my concern saying, "Be glad it got done early." Guy comes in with paperwork and Geno proceeds to point out how the front end had to be adjusted but the rear was fine (as I tried to tell him from the get-go) and that "at least now you know there was nothing wrong with the rear alignment"!!

So I was pushed into getting and paying $55 for an alignment I didn't want or request to begin with, and got nothing for it!! All the while with him telling me that just their hooking it up to the machine and seeing it didn't need adjusting costs $55 and I should be happy it didn't need anything. They should have refunded my money. I'm not done. Will be taking this to higher management.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Sensor light came on with old leaky tire. Would fill tire and light would go off. Bought 4 new tires at Town Fair Tire Hyannis Ma. Now sensor light stays on. Went back. Said It's my problem now. Said my sensor was old and went. So came home and Read up on sensors. It's in the valve stem. They Need to use a Toyota factory sensor or they damaged mine while changing to new tires. Called Manager when I got home. Going back Monday August 10th 2018. I got the runaround the first time back and they weren't going to fix it. See what happens Monday.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I use the TFT in Tewksbury for all of my tire needs. I put about 35000 miles on my car each year and I trust the staff here to maintain my car so as to maximize performance. Thank you to all including Tyler. You guys are great and always very fast. Again I thank you...

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

So I had gone to Town Fair Tire in Torrington for what I thought was a flat. Got that taken care of and went back the next day for a torque check at the 25 mile mark. That was done. Today, I went to a friend's garage to have a wheel bearing done on my Jeep on the same side as the flat I had. Town Fair Tire over torqued one of my lug nuts on my tire and now I can’t use it. I have yet to go to the store to see what they’re going to do about it, but my guess is nothing. I do know that I will NOT be going there again...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Town Fair Tire?

Original review: April 23, 2018

Went to Town Fair Tire in South Portland, ME. Paid for 2 new tires, and paid to have existing tires balanced. So we went on vacation, came back a week later, and one of the old tires was flat, went to change it, and the wheel was frozen to the rotor (rotor was old and quite rusty). So, how did they balance the existing wheels if they didn’t take them off, because if they took them off a week ago, it wouldn’t take a sledgehammer to free them now, I’m furious. This is not the end of this, I will be refunded fully for the work they “claimed” they did.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Made appointment with TFT on their website. Was given three choices for tires, ranging from cheap to expensive and I purchased the middle ones. Left the store and everything was fine until I drove on the highway a week or two later. My truck was vibrating between 60-75 MPH. Made another appointment to have them check to see if they were balanced properly and apparently there were. Left the store and truck was still vibrating on the highway but I was unable to get back in to TFT for 3 months.

Finally took my truck back and they said everything was fine AGAIN. My truck has continually had this vibration so I went to my personal mechanic and he checked things out and said ultimately the vibration is caused by the tires themselves. He said they never should have put this type of tire on a truck! He called TFT and they offered 50% off my original purchase price to buy more tire. NOT IN THE BUDGET NOW. Please do research before going to TFT. I will never return to them nor will anyone in my family...

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My husband and I went to Town Fair Tire in Hanover, Ma last week to get a new tire. Unfortunately the last time I needed a tire replaced I went to Town Fair Tire and my spare/donut was never put back into my car. Of course we discovered this when we tried to change the flat. We had to leave the car jacked up in a snowbank on the side of the road and bring the flat tire/rim into the store to have a new tire put on. There was a tractor trailer truck backed into the only entrance of the store.

As my husband walked into the store he was hit by flying tire that was aggressively thrown/rolled from the interior of the truck. There was an employee standing inside the store whose job (I assume) was to catch the tire flying out of the back of the truck. He apologized and asked my husband if he was ok. The employee who threw the tire began yelling at my husband that it was his fault he was hit and that he ignored all the warning signs. I went back outside and there was a caution sign on the doors to the back of the truck that was unremarkable enough that we did not see it.

There was no employee watching for unknowing pedestrians coming into the store. The sidewalk was not blocked off in any way. There was no caution tape. The other employees inside the store also blamed my husband for being hit by a flying tire. We were then denied service by the manager of the store. We went to the Town Fair Tire in Plymouth (unfortunately no one else had my tire in stock and we needed it right away).

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I called the Shrewsbury MA store on Wednesday to have a new winter package installed for Thursday afternoon - wheels, tires and sensors. I arrived 10 minutes early and was out the door 20 minutes later. Phil and his team were excellent. Good clean job, old wheel package carefully wrapped up and in the trunk. Big thumbs up!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I spent over $800.00 on a summer tire and wheel package. I was told that seasonal tire changeovers were free. When I went to have my tires swapped they told me that they wouldn't do it because I didn't buy the winter tires there. They told me to try Sears... Wow!!! My winter tires were brand new bought at Tire Rack!!! Guess what when I went to the Tire Rack Warehouse in Windsor, CT there was a Town Fair truck there picking up a load of tires. I will never go to Town Fair Tires again!!! Bait and Switch!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I wanted Michelin tires but was told they did not have my size but they showed me the best, better and good tires on a tablet with their discounts. The Mastercraft were the best with a price of $147 per tire, but on sale for $117. The initial entire package was over $700, but I was shocked at that price, so they cut it down to $640. I had never heard of the tires but was told they were excellent tires made by Cooper.

When home, I researched these "great" tires. They were selling these at Walmart for $59 with free shipping. THEY WERE MEDIOCRE LOW END TIRES. I went back and they credited my credit card for $240. I still got stuck with a set of low-end mediocre tires. When I initially came to Town Fair Tire in Falmouth, MA, I asked for better tires that came off mine which only lasted 23,000 miles. I ended up with tires that actually had a lower rating. Can you believe it? Please, folks, get an estimate, research it, then go back and have your tires installed. Thank God for the Internet!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Beware of the liars & scammers who work @ TFT Waterbury, CT!! Purchased a set of 4 tires with warranty/65000mi & alignment cost $850… and not even a name brand tire. Tires keep going flat and my car is all over the road unable to control. Called the manager & told I needed to replace the sensors. Purchased the sensors. Waited for them to be shipped. 2 weeks later my car still driving like **, & still losing air. Finally replaced sensors & did nothing. Low pressure lights keep coming on & car unable to control. Finally took the time to bring the car back in & told them something is seriously OFF. They blamed me for the tires being worn saying I needed to have an alignment done every 3 months & that's why my tires are bad. They agreed to change 2 tires at 50% off. After 1 week the tires start with a slow leaking…

Went back again and was told I would be charged $99 per tire for flat repair... I walked out & went to Sears Auto. They fully inspected my vehicle & said my ball joints & tire rods are completely gone... why didn’t TFT notice this when they did the alignment?? Turns out because they never even did the alignment but yet charged me for one stated former employee of TFT who now works @ Sears Auto & to top it off they even put the wrong set of tires on my vehicle. I immediately called TFT & asked to speak with the manager. Questioned why they put the wrong set of tires on my car and charged me for an alignment that they clearly did not do... Got dead silence followed by, “Come in next week and we will take care of you,” line of crap... I will be calling the corporate offices asap Monday morning, as well as New Channel 8 investigates… With all of the consumer complaints against this company, a class action lawsuit should be filed against these thievesters.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I called last Tuesday and asked for an appointment for Friday to do a changeover to put on snow studded tires I purchased here last year and was told there were no appointments this time of year. And when I went in on yesterday Friday at 7:45 am when they opened there were only four people ahead of me. I was advised that the best thing to do was leave it there and they would call me when it was ready. Well that's what I did and went next door to IHOP to have breakfast with my wife. I figured that this would easily be done by noon. So I called at 1:30 and they had not touched it and was told to call later. I called at 3:00 not done; told to call later. I called at 4:00 pm; car still in parking lot and not done. I final called at 4:35 and was told it would be next in line when they get to it. So I told the woman who answered, "No don't touch it as I have already been waiting 9 hours. I will be over to pick it up and I want my $42 back which I pre-paid."

When I got there I found two other customers at the front desk complaining about being in the same situation. We were told that the company policy was to get it done that day. And when we asked when the answer was today up and until 8:30 pm tonight. Also that appointments were taken and had been made for people purchasing tires that were put ahead of me. I also found out that when I was calling the store I wasn't. I really was calling the call center who every time I called asked me for my name, last name, then first when they could not find the vehicle, then make and model and was put on hold for up to five minutes each time because little did I realize they were calling the Auburn store. Never again will I purchase or have tires put on or rotated there. It's back to Tire Warehouse for me and my wife. This is the absolute worse customer service business I have ever seen in a totally chaotic atmosphere.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I wish I never went back to Town Fair Tire in Norwich CT after the first time I went to my appointment for new tires to purchase. I thought I must have been a bad day and that was why this place was taking hours and hours to finish my car, plus adding charges that should be under the warranty that I purchased with my tires and every 6 months they end up telling me I need to replace my tires. Each time I walk out from my appointment after waiting for hours with no estimated wait time plus employees have attitudes if I even try to ask any question about anything.

I end up paying them hundreds of dollars then I am getting my car back 3 hours after my appointment was scheduled, I'm done with this place and I recommend to stay far away from town fair tire. Below is from the town fair tire website and it's a complete lie, The Philosophy: We are people driven. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction. "You take care of the customer and the customer will take care of you".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Recently (3 months ago), I've spent over $1300 on 8 tires (for 2 cars). Well, within a month, one tire was flat - went to the store - it was determined that the air was leaking between the rim and the tire, and the stem valve was leaking too. New England salt was blamed on the first issue, do not remember what was the explanation for the second issue (I thought I paid for the valve reconditioning - there is my bill to prove it). Both issues look to me like a sloppy work.

Four days ago (Nov. 4, 2017), the second car developed an air leak. We went to Town Fair Tire in Avon CT to fix it. They have determined that there was a leak around the rim and through the vent (again, sloppy work in my opinion, but the NE salt was blamed, yet the car is not even 4 years old and it is garaged!). They supposedly fixed it. Before fixing it, they said that there was a nail with a black head, however, they dropped that suspicion. When we got home, I determined that it was not a nail - it was a rubber plug. But, how that can be!? I bought new tires (supposedly). This looks very suspicious to me. The tire lost air over the following 3 days.

On Wednesday (Nov. 8, 2017) we went to fix it again. This time they told us that we need a new tire because this one is leaking on the side and cannot be fixed, so we were told to buy a new one and they offered it for $167. So, I am out of $160.00 because of a low quality work and have experienced plenty of inconvenience. Also, that plug in the "brand new tire", tells me that I should not shop for service in Town Fair Tire anymore (a conversation with the friend convinced me to go to that place again). There was no lower choice than zero stars, so I had to choose 1 star. Be aware (I just found out this business is still not accredited - I guess there is a reason for that)!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had my car towed to Town Fair Tire Quincy Ave Quincy Ma. because of a flat tire. When my vehicle was done the gentleman at the desk handed me my lug lock and at first I got taken back because I never gave it to them, didn't say anything at first but then my phone charger was gone. I raced back to the location, spoke with the assistant mgr. and all he did was justify everything. Unbelievable. 1st that means that the technician went through my glove box without my consent. #2 When I got there I was talking to an employee. I stepped out of my car but before I did I unplugged my charger continued talking to him as I worked my way in the location. I tried explaining this but trying to explain to a closed mind is like talking to the wall. I had no choice but to call the police and to end they paid me for my stolen charger. Never again will I visit this store.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Talk with a salesman on the phone. Tell them I have four brand new tires I need mounted and balance. "OK no PROB bring it in." I go and then they say, "OH new tires not from us we can't mount them due to ins. But we do mount USED tires." LMFAO. How does that make sense. I said before they get you in the door and try to sell you more and never go BACK. WELL I'll spread this around. Firestone IS BETTER AND MATCHES online.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Called Town Fair Tire to order tires for my daughter's car. Spoke with Robert who I gave him the car information and that I wanted Michelin X-i3 snow tires. He gave me a quote and a installation time and date. My daughter shows up and Dan the salesman said I ordered the wrong size tire and he went on to sell her a Falken tire. They just happen to be on special. I call Dan and he does not understand customer service and kept telling me I order the wrong tire when in fact Robert at their online store ordered the wrong tire. Then he went on to tell me that if I want the correct Michelin it would have cost me 17 dollars more per tire.

Then I asked to speak with the manager and he sends me to 15 minutes of waiting and then I go into voicemail. Then when I call back I finally get Dan again and he says he can get the correct tires at the correct price if my daughter wants to drive down again and wait to have the tires put on. I've been buying tires from Town Fair Tire for 30 plus years and at this point I will never purchase anything from them again after the run around I got and what they made my daughter go through.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

When I went in and purchased 4 new tires which was not easy as their credit card system charged card twice second was denied as I only had so much allotted for approval. It appears the system burped which caused quite a stir for my bank. After finally getting that corrected, was told the price match is good for 90 days. Found the same tires cheaper elsewhere and when I went back they now charged "shipping" fees for the tires so the match was not exact. Not to mention the extreme long wait was told 90 minutes it was more than 180 minutes.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Arrived at 9 for scheduled appointment for full tire service. Called ahead to check tire stock. Did not touch car for one and a half hours. Took three more hours to complete. Drove it 200 miles vibration in steering wheel 70-90 mph. Took it back with 8 am appointment they "open" at 7:45 but still were not ready? Service manager Jamie? said they only high speed balance to 70 mph? Route 93, Route 128, Route 3 routinely have travel lane above 70 mph??? 1000 bucks and the place is run like a third world country. Sorry about the one star, no option for negative five star. Will follow up with review after "rebalancing" attempt.

Resolution response: Aug. 22, 2017

Called Town Fair and they offered to refund to cover the cost of the alignment. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Went in for 4 tires on Saturday, 8/12. The person behind the counter was stressing how important it was to have a 4 wheel alignment done when putting new tires on the car. Paid the additional $49 for the 4 wheel alignment. When I picked the car up, I reviewed the alignment results. The rear did not need to be done. The alignment was fine to begin with. The front was needed, however, the front alignment is part of the free services that they provide. $645 was plenty to spend in one day, nevermind an additional $49 for a service that was need necessary.

Original review: May 30, 2017

My son has taken his car to Town Fair Tire to have 3 tires changed over the last 4 months with the last time being in April to have his front left tire replaced. Each time he has taken his car in they have charged him for an alignment, of the front and rear, because tire alignments are free with purchase. My son's car had the front left tire come off the axle last week due to a failed ball joint and arm. The front end alignment done the month prior should have been the notification from Town Fair of the problem prior to the total failure of the ball joint and arm. There is no way that Town Fair Tire could have done an alignment and not noticed the ball joint and arm were almost gone. I have copies of the paid invoices and have called the manager of the store with no response.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Want to thank Brice and Tim and the crew of Town Fair Tire in Orange. I came in with my son's car with an issue and they were very polite. Didn't take advantage of me because I was a woman. Very honest and forthcoming and I can't thank them enough for the great customer service. I will definitely be back. They were very patient and just great guys. Easy to talk to and they gave their honest opinion and just awesome customer service. They all need a pat on the back. They are so polite and great guys.

Original review: April 18, 2017

This the third time I've had my tire changed over and each time the damaged to the alloy rims has gotten worse. I let a very little go but this time it was like they took a screwdriver to the center cap and totally scraped, chipped and scratched the ** out of it. When I showed the assistant managers he shrugs his shoulders and said there was "bubbling underneath" and they had to pry off the cap. It wasn't bubbling, it was stress cracks and even if you wanted to say that on one tire (cumulative damage from three changeovers) the other three showed no such "bubbling" and suffered huge damage. The monkey that did the "service" also scratched my driver's door in two places.

I called their corporate headquarters and logged a complaint and sent the guy pictures and to date... nothing. The rims are ruined and will definitely cost me when I try to trade or sell the vehicle. What a mistake dealing with this company. Never again. It's a place to get lots of promises and have them all broken. The biggest joke is the sign they have right in front of the counter that says "If you haven't received 5-star services let us know." I'd settle for 1 star right now.

Original review: April 4, 2017

On Tuesday April 4 about 2pm, I drove to Town Fair in Walpole. I reside in Norton Mass. The reason I chose Town Fair was because I purchased my four tires from them in November of 2015. I spoke to David who stated he was the acting manager. I wanted to have my flat tire fixed or replaced. He was very condescending and stated there would be a three hour wait. I told him that when I purchased my tires there was no wait. When I said I would wait he said maybe it would be longer. He then said to go to Brockton or Raynham Town stores.

I am a senior citizen and expected to be treated like any other customer not in a condescending manner. I went to a Firestone dealership in Mansfield and the employees were very professional and understanding. I was in and out in 35 minutes at a cost less than $30.00 dollars. When I need service or tires I will go back to Firestone and never recommend Town Fair to anybody.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Bought 2010 Nissan Frontier with 40,000 needed tires so I went to TFT in Milford, Ct Boston Post RD, bought a set of tires, got 20,000 out of them, paid over 600. and change got a flat on I 95 in Stratford, Ct. Got my first flat with in a few hundred miles, had 1 x exit to go to get to their store. Was raining and was there before 5:00. Asked them to put a new tire on cause I had road hazard, was told they too Busy so I ask if they could put my spare tire on but again too busy as they were having a smoke. So I just lost my right leg above the knee and had to change it myself or leave the truck parked in the lot overnight. I was able to put the spear on and make it to Milford TFT where I left the tire which they replace. Called TFT head office in East Haven and told them what happened and was given 100 Visa card.

Then I get another flat and was told they no longer have that tire and I have a 4x4 so all tires have got to be the same. So they PRO RATED my tire and said I had 300.00 to go to new tires that they tried to sell me for 750.00. I was so pissed off and told them I paid 600.00 and that's what I wanted. So after a lot of back and forth, now my truck hit 80,000 miles I rotate my tires every 7,000 and have lift time front alignment with Firestone which I have done after I rotate the tires. So 2 sets of tires and I get 40,000 miles out of the same thing happen on our Jeep and they tried to do the same thing. I get my Tires from Robertson's Tires in BPT. TFT is not the only game in town. If you buy tires there keep track of the miles you get on them. I don't have my receipt or order number but my name is John ** and I live here in Milford and on SS Disability and just tired of buy thing that don't last. These were 60,000 miles so BEWARE.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I purchased tires approximately 2 months ago. I returned today because I was losing air and I noticed a bolt stuck in my rear tire. I arrived at 8am and was told they would have to replace the tire, well they don't have the tire here. They said it would be here at 2pm and said I should drive home and return at 2pm. I was concerned about the tire going flat and I would have no way of getting my vehicle back to the store. So I will have to sit here for 6 hours. They are so helpful and nice to you when they are selling 4 tires, but not so helpful or nice when you need repair or replacement. I am sorry I came to Town Fair Tire and I will spread the word of poor customer service. I feel that have taken advantage of me as I am a woman and a senior citizen.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

It was recommended to me by a fellow employee that I check out Town Fair Tire in Lebanon, NH for truck tires, as he did and was extremely pleased! So I did just that, I walked in right when they opened on a Friday morning, was pleasantly greeted by every employee in the place. I had shopped online for 5 specific brands I was looking for and had them and all the specs written down. Went through them with John, we picked one, shook hands and in one hour later I was driving away!! SUPER service!!! Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend Lebanon Town Fair Tire!!! And I say that with pride!! Thanks so much guys for a great tire buying experience!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Before you buy tires at TFT go to Tire Rack.com and find the tires you want to buy, then go to TFT and they will beat the price. Do your homework before you buy tires at TFT, you'll save $$$. Don't let them charge you things you don't need. I just saved $20.00 and a tire.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

My mother went to purchase tires and she was treated very bad and she is in a wheelchair. She was treated very poorly and the manager was not professional and the guy that sold her the tires ripped her off because she was told one price and was charged another. Beware of Town Fair Tire in Enfield, CT.

Town Fair Tire Company Information