1.43/5
Based on 198 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

344 Big O Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 10, 2018

I went in for oil and transmission fluid changes. They informed me that an employee had broken my shift cable, said we could work something out by them doing some "MacGyver" zip tie repair. Somehow it became my fault when I told them I had broken it before by trying to force the shifter into the low gears, D2 and D2. Only excess force would cause it to snap but they were like ** happens. I have no idea how long their patch will hold. Car won't start in Park now and previous repair cost me $600. I used profanity when they called me on the phone and this will nag at me for months as I suffer bipolar depression disorder. My review is ZERO stars.

Original review: June 7, 2018

ATTN FEMALES - DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO BIG O TIRES. I took my car in and inquired about possibly getting 4 new tires. Two guys came out and looked at my tires and I made an appointment and put a $400 deposit down. So when I took my car in a couple days later, they could not get the tires off of my car and said I needed a key. And since I didn't have a key they wanted me to take it to a dealership to buy a key. No one ever mentioned that I needed a key to unlock the tires on my car. I'm a female - I have never taken a car in for tires before. My dad or my husband always handled it. How in the world would I have known that you needed a lock to remove the tires?

Plus, I am certainly not that stupid to have put down a $400 deposit had I known they could not get the tires off of my car. So, they refused to give me back my deposit. Then, to make matters worse, I called and spoke with their general manager, Mike, and he insulted me! When I told him I did not know I had to have a key to unlock my tires... he rudely interrupted me and said "Everyone knows you have to have a key". OMG... what a total insult to a female! Not everyone knows this. He discriminated me as a female!!! He was so rude. I will never use Big O Tires again! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I first encountered Big O tires in the Yuma Foothills about 20 years when I took my RV in for some routine tire maintenance. My vehicle was damaged while at their shop and after a very heated discussion with the owner, she gave me a $100 "settlement" for the damages. Turns out that was less than half what the actual cost was. I said I would never go back to them.

Last year, I had a flat on a rear dual and decided to try them again as I didn't want to drive 17 miles to another dealer on a flat. They said they couldn't repair the tire because it was 6 years old (I always replace any tire when it hits 7 years). Then they said the rotors were beginning to crack so I told them to replace them and any other bearings, seals, etc. that needed to be done. Total was over $4300 including 6 new tires. Yesterday (5/29) I took the vehicle back for routine balancing and aircheck. I was told I had an oil leak in the front bearing seal.

This was supposed to have been replaced last year and the part appeared to be brand new. Again a very heated discussion with the shop manager and they refused to stand behind their work from the previous year. The manager and another employee were very rude and totally lacked any experience in good customer service. I now know that I should have followed my own advice of 20 years ago. I will NEVER do business with them again and will tell my many friends to stay away from Big O.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a coupon which is to expire by May 31. I took my car into have a radiator flush. Told the guy who met me about the coupon left it in my car since I was going to walk to get something to eat while the flush was being done. Since I forgot about the coupon until I got home I called right away. Was told to talk to someone when I came in the next day to have the fluids topped off. The guy remembered me with the coupon but his manager refused to refund me the $20 coupon that was not expired. If they want my business and for me not to bad mouth that particular company then client have the right. It is always the motto make the client happy and they haven't. I'm very disappointed in how it went down even tho I made the mistake and forgot the coupon in the car the other who worked remembered it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Had a great experience at Big O Tires on Madison in Kansas City Missouri. The employer Andrew done a great job on repairing my tire and Big O Tires had sent me a free coupon in the mail for a free tire repair Mount and balance. My only disappointment was the employees are not allowed to take tips. They should put a tip jar up front so we as customers can tip the employees and then the employee at the end of the week can split the tips.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: May 10, 2018

I would want to recommend an experience I had with the manager of Big O Tires at 4695 Peoria. Her name is **. I have never been so well treated by anyone anywhere in all my 68 years on this earth. ** listened to my needed problem fixes for my auto then politely offered her interpretation with what was obviously years of experience and I agreed. The end result is she got my auto the oil change and tires needed for the amount of money I could offer and I drove away with what felt like a new auto and the confidence I was driving a well maintained auto. Please give ** all the kudos she deserves for all the attention she gave me and my auto today. I will return and be her customer for life.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Two and a half years ago, 35,000 miles ago, I paid Big O Tires in Draper, Utah $600 for a set of 4 tires for my 2014 CHRYSLER Town & Country minivan. They told me that the tires were warrantied for 80,000 miles. I had them rotated every 5,000 miles at their location. The tires were loud, not smooth-riding, and had really poor traction. I thought that it was the price I had to pay for the 80,000 mile life-span. They hydroplaned in a moderate rainfall here in Salt Lake City yesterday so I looked at the tread. The 2 front are down to the “wear-bars” and the rear are close behind.

The Big O in Draper manager said he can't warranty them because it looks like my van may need an alignment. Funny, I told him, "You haven't mentioned that the last 5 rotations." I expected half-off on a replacement set (45k out of an 80k warranty). Instead he offered me a price on a set of new tires that was $160 more than I could buy them for elsewhere. Ironically, the Jiffy Lube next to this store is the only other shop I've ever had trouble with. I wonder if they’re owned by the same person. Neither will ever see another dime from me. I will buy my new tires from DISCOUNT TIRES in Riverton. Thanks for nothing Big O.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Scam scam scam!!! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT ** LUCK WITH BIG O. I had my van tires rotated (at The Austin Bluffs Colorado Springs CO store) and within a week my brake pads wore out and ruined my rotor. When I told the manager that ALL He had to say was... If we are busy we DO NOT look at anything BUT if it WERE SLOW they look at brakes, suspension, etc to try and make more business. WHAT a crappy way to run a company. I swore never again but decided to try years later at a different store (off of Omaha and Powers Colorado Springs, CO) because my truck needed an alignment and they were the only ones available, (now I know why).

First off they hooked up my truck to their alignment machine did the work (supposedly) with only an after print out, so I have no idea what they did. WHO DOES AN ALIGNMENT WITHOUT A BEFORE AND AFTER PRINT OUT??? IDIOTS THAT'S WHO. Oh yeah, did I mention I am a long time diesel mechanic? I rebuilt my entire suspension parts on the front of the truck and my alignment was better after all that than after Big O worked on it. My tire on the passenger side started wearing badly after Big O touched it. They said I never came to them for an alignment but finally found it. Hooked up my truck and said yup both sides are toed out and that I must have hit a pothole. HOW THE ** DOES A POTHOLE KNOCK BOTH SIDES OUT??? HOGWASH I say. Then was offered the same $30 discount to fix it, BS.

He said, "Can you leave it or come back at 12:30" that day. I said yes, then the mechanic starts whispering to the manager about having to move it from rack to rack to work on it due to the jacks being broken on the align rack and I should go somewhere else because they did not know when it would be fixed. Talk about a BRUSH/BLOW OFF!!! The old owner would have never done this. DO NOT EVER WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ANY OF THEM. THEY ARE SHISTERS!!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

Beware. This Big O is not BBB accredited. It has a B- rate by the BBB and there is good reason. Jan 26, 2018. When I visited Big O (#05085 Shingle Springs, CA) for an oil change, Big O employee, Geoff, purposely tore up a Groupon card for 3 oil changes because it had expired. I asked Geoff not to destroy the card as it still had value for what I paid for it. I also explained that since I bought it, it was technically my property. Geoff smiled, held up the Groupon card, slowly tore it up, and threw it in the trash. I left the store.

Later, I tried to contact the owner, Bill Windham, with a detailed narrative of the incident. I thought it common courtesy to give him a chance to respond before posting negative reviews. Bill Windham was emailed several times, giving him every opportunity to respond. A response was never received. Bill Windham's nonresponse clearly shows where Geoff gets his commitment to customer care. If the owner, Bill Windham feels free to ignore customers concerns/complaints, then why shouldn't Geoff?

Original review: March 20, 2018

I will NEVER return to any Big O Tires locations. I took my car in on March 15th for some regular maintenance on my car. Oil change, tires balanced and rotated, as well as an alignment. My car was in perfect working condition prior to my visit. Immediately upon leaving my car was not acting right. My steering kept jerking. It was a particularly windy day that day so I just thought, “Oh it must be the wind” and took it home. Today, March 19th, I was driving it to work and I was driving my car straight while the steering wheel was being held at a 25 degree angle. What? I literally just had an alignment done. Then my car jerks again and metal began grinding on metal. Luckily my work is just a mile from the shop so I immediately drove it right back to the shop and told them to take a look at it. I was told that my CV axle, lower front arm, and ball joint all needed to be replaced to the tune of $540.

I find it extremely suspicious that my car was in perfect working order BEFORE I took it to them to be aligned and to have the tires balanced and rotated. I also find it extremely suspicious that the exact same thing happened to another google reviewer just six days before me! (I had not read that review until after I already took my car in...had I read it before I would have taken it elsewhere) I do not believe that this is a coincidence at all. I believe they messed up my car. I expressed my concerns with the owner who insists that this was not their fault. He offered for me to watch video surveillance of them working on my car in the shop as if that would ease my mind. Simply seeing someone work on my car doesn't show what we would need to see.

He said that they "should have done a more thorough inspection" but that this is "just something that can happen and is in no way even related to getting tires balanced and rotated or getting an alignment." He said it's like "going to the doctor because you have a cold and them not knowing you have cancer." Insisted that they are "not related." I call BS on that. The CV axle, lower arm, and ball joint are all completely related to tires and alignment. They were perfectly fine before and if they weren't then it's something that should have been caught while the car was being worked on, especially less than a week after the same exact thing happened to someone else. I called their corporate office and all they did was take note of my concerns and refer me back to the owner.

The owner refuses to take responsibility for this. He claims that these things can happen at any time and it was just a coincidence. I called several mechanics around town to get quotes on the repairs to see if I could find a more reasonable price. Every single mechanic I spoke to that inquired about my predicament thought the situation "doesn't sound right" and sounds "very fishy." They were all shocked to find out that I was not in a car accident and this happened out of nowhere immediately after getting maintenance on my car.

One mechanic told me that they "must have left something loose." Another mechanic told me "for the steering wheel to be driving straight with it turned at a 25 degree angle AFTER getting it aligned tells me that either the tech or the machine used to align your vehicle messed up." Another mechanic told me that the CV axle, lower control arm, and ball joint failure after getting it aligned by them is "absolutely related." So after speaking with other highly rated local mechanics, I am certain that this was either done intentionally or happened due to their negligence and incompetence. So what was originally regular maintenance on my car has now turned into hundreds of dollars in repairs. But you can bet your bottom dollar I took my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Big O Tires in Columbia, MO is horrible. They “forgot” to tighten the lugs on the wheel on my tires after I paid for them to replace and rotate. Going down the highway, getting into a high speed wobble, causing injury... their response “everyone makes mistakes”. Their “mistake” is negligence and has cost me over $50k in medical bills and surgery so far. I asked the manager to have their district/area manager call me. No call has ever come. Paid for the full service of my engine. They claimed to do so. Same night looked under the hood and found out they didn’t check anything. Went back that same night, they checked it and said “yeah it looks like they missed a couple things” and told me to come back the next day because they didn’t have time to do the job they were already paid for. No refund offer for not doing the work either.

Paid them twice to do an alignment on my vehicle. Each time they said they did and got it as close as was possible (still in the red on all tires). Said my frame must be bent, wore tires out quicker than it should so I had to buy more. Took it to a different shop, it aligned perfectly. No bent frame, no intentionally leaving it out of alignment to get more business. I highly recommend anyone that cares about their safety, the safety of their family and the safety of their vehicle do NOT go to the Big O on Business Loop in Columbia, MO. I challenge this page to actually allow this to be posted and not be complacent to the negligence.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Starting Friday, January 12th I took my Chrysler 200 to Big O Tires. I've purchased all four of my tires from them and they all have a warranty. By the way, I been using this same shop for the last 6 years since I moved to Jefferson City. My tire was flat. They "placed a new tire." Tuesday morning when I went to break around 5 A.M. I noticed my tire was flat again. I went to 3 gas stations in the town I worked, but none of their air pumps worked because it was -2 outside. When I left worked on Tuesday morning I went back to Big O Tires. They charged me 27.00 for service even with my warranty. I picked my car up at 5:30 P.M. Drove to work and my car was super flat and ripped all up. I called the 24 hours Roadside assistance and they I was told they can not help me unless I have a member number. SMH!!

I was assisted by one of my co workers who put my donut on my car. I drove back up to Big O Tires again... At this point I am very unhappy with my services. They took my tire and came back out to show me the tire. They told me it was a nail in my tire and that was the problem. At this POINT I'M PISSED OFF!!! My choice of words was not very nice. I know I am a woman, but I'm not that damn DUMB when it comes to cars. I know for a fact, if a nail was in there I would've had a slow leak not a ripped up tire. I picked my car back up at 5:30 P.M. Drove to work and my tire went FLAT AGAIN on the side of the highway. Once again one of my co workers come to highway and put my donut on.

When I got off work I drove my car to a different Big O location in Jefferson City. They were very nice and I appreciate their service. They put a brand new tire on my car and I drove home. When I stepped out of my garage my tire was back flat again. I called them and they told me to bring my car back so I did. I picked my car up at 5:30 and I drove to work this evening. I'm currently waiting until 5 A.M. when I go to break to see if my tire is flat or low. I will NEVER use that store location.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I bought a set of four Big O Tires brand tires. 265/65R18 AT. They only have 30000 and I had a blowout. They will not hold air. Always putting air in them even in the summer. One was so out of balance they had to put about 12 inches of wheel weights on the inside of my tire. I would not recommend Big O Tires. I will not be buying them again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My son purchased a set of LT26/70R17/E from Big O and when he had a question regarding the rating compared to what he thought he had bought we looked up the price online and found there to be a difference in quote online from 194.99 to in store purchase price of 210.99 per tire. The store person saying there could be this much variation depending on the day of purchase? I don't know that this is a reasonable explanation of a price variance of 15 dollars a tire.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I take my car to Big O Tires @ 4413 Cane Run Rd Louisville KY 40216 for all my oil changes and I have purchase tires in the last month. ** was very helpful in advising me on which tire would be best with my price range and they were able to install them the very next day. I have never had a bad experience with Big O and will continue to my car serviced there as need.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Have 2 manufacture defective Nitto Mativo tires where the tread is depressed rendering the car undrivable. Big O Tires (Mesa, Az) will not help me. They said since I did not purchase the road hazard warranty, they would not help me as the warranty only covers the first 2/32 of tire wear. I believe they simply lied to me as other shops laugh at this statement when I told them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I bought two new tires, and asked that the spare be put on the left rear. After I left I noticed the tire sensor had an error, so I went back to the shop and was told by Big O Tires that "I didn't catch the sensor got moved to the spare." But I didn't have time to wait, so I came back. The manager comes out and tells me he can't remount the spare tire. I told him they made a mistake by not moving the sensor. I said I wanted it moved, and he refused. So now my tire sensor is showing an error, and I have to pay someone to mount and rebalance two tires. I will never give them my business again.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I took my car in to see about my engine light was staying on. They said the 02 sensor was bad. The light was still on. I took car back and they said it was another sensor bad. I paid over $260 and all I got was an oil change. The most aggravating thing was about 2 days following the service. I received a coupon for the diagnostic test for free. I called and asked an employee named Donald and he said I couldn't use the coupon to get my bill adjusted. I will not be back for my oil changes or any other problem. By the way, my engine light is still on over 2 weeks later.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I came in right before closed panicking cause I had a flat tires and I drove all the way from Magna cause the one down there wouldn't help. So when I walked in they were so nice and friendly. They changed my tire for free and they gave me a drink with out any charge. I love this store and feel at home.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Last Saturday (6-24-17) I made an appointment, with Big O Tires, in Prescott Valley, to have new tires and shocks installed on my pick-up. It took them over 4 hours to complete. That is after my pick-up sat for over 2 hours. After working all night, I did not appreciate it. And after spending over $1300. You would think they would give better customer service. I will never go to Big O Tires, again. After showing some concern about the service I was receiving, they then said that they would finish the work. I checked one star because that was the lowest rating. But as far as I'm concerned, that was a too high of a rating.

Original review: June 22, 2017

After having a bad experience at this place a while ago (which is a whole other story...) I decided to give this place another chance, mostly because they are very convenient to my work. I made an appointment at 11 am for an oil change. I arrived at 10:58 am and they took my info and keys and said it would be about 30-40 minutes. I asked about a place to get lunch and walked across the street for pizza. I returned at 11:55 and thought it odd that my car was parked in the same space as when I left. The employee was about to ring me up and was looking high and low for my keys/paperwork when he finally checked in the 'back.' He came to me and said, "I'm sorry but they haven't gotten to your car yet."

Wow... then why did I take the trouble to make an appointment and specifically ask them if it could be done in an hour? After calling work to say I was going to be late, I had to ask how much they were going to take off the bill. The employee told me the 'most he was authorized' to take off was $10. I lost more than that in wages for the extra 50 minutes I spent sitting and waiting. And rather than offering to make things right, I HAD to be the one to suggest knocking something off the bill. I think more like 50% ($17) would have been more like it.

As I was sitting waiting, I heard 2 other customers who were bringing their cars back after experiencing problems with tires they bought there as well. Seems I am not the only one who has experienced problems with this place! Apparently much more concerned with $$$ than customer satisfaction. Should have been smart and learned my lesson the first time.

Original review: May 6, 2017

We bought Big O Tires for our Honda Accord at the Louisville Colorado Big O Tires. The warranty is for three years and ends in January 2018. My daughter took the car to Montana. While there one of the tires was rotten and had a flat. She went to a tire dealer since there was no Big O Tires in Billings Montana. The tire store said that all the tires were rotten and that Big O did not clean the rim before putting the tires on my car. Poor quality tires.

We brought the tires back to the store in Louisville CO and they will not stand behind the warranty. They said the problem is our 2006 Honda car and it caused the tires to rot. What?? The warranty is not up until January 2018. I have never had such poor customer service. I may take some legal action since this is so unbelievable and I have the testimony of the tire store in Montana. They will confirm the problem was no proper installation, did not clean the rims and that it is not my car causing their tires to rot. Do not buy tires at Big O. They do not stand behind the warranty.

Original review: April 1, 2017

DO NOT TAKE ANY VEHICLE TO THESE THIEVES!!! IF you must, make sure to remove anything that is not welded to the vehicle, then STAY with your vehicle shotgun in hand and be ready to use it!!! As a disabled veteran, I took my vehicle in for an oil change and to purchase tires. I then drove the two hours home. Upon my next trip to Lexington, I needed to park and went to put out my handicapped parking placard, and it was missing! The only people that had been in my vehicle are the lowlife thieving scumbags at Big O Tires! After contacting the company and asking how to recover a placard, one the state will not replace for three years, they tell me they have no recourse. They are not responsible. The can go to HELL!!! I beg everyone to avoid these lying, cheating, thieving SOBs like you would the plague!!!

Original review: March 29, 2017

I wanted to let everyone know that the Big O Tires store on the east side of Flagstaff located at 2469 N Walgreen Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 is the best store to go to for all your needs. I have been going there for years and the customer service is the best. They have always bent over backwards for me and for that I am grateful. Thank you ** (manager) for everything you have done for me.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The store manager is a very big liar. His name is Dan... Telling me that my whole front end would need redone so he could align it. Big O rips people off everyday. I will tell everyone I know about this so they won't go there. That's what they do to people who don't know any better but I do.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I went to Big O because I got to a car accident and now when I step on the car pedal, it make a roaringly sound at me. I drop my car off, they give a call and say they drove it and there's nothing wrong with it. So the next day I come over and drove it with the guy inside the car, who made me wait when he first come in and act like he doesn't even want to be there. I pointed out the noise I hear and he say that's normal and there's nothing wrong with my car. I drove that car for two years I would know if something is off. I even explain it to him, and he wasn't going to do anything about it. "It's fine," he say, I was so stress out I even cry. He act like I don't know what I'm talking about. So, after I drop him off I went somewhere else, who drove the car and took all but ten mins to fix my problem. I try leaving a review on their page but it not even going through. I'm never using them ever for anything ever again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Special ordered tires from Alan (BIG O tires, Carson). His guy installed them to the best of their ability but the tires were very rough riding, like square tires on the freeway. I had them checked out and found them out of round and poor balancing, one tire possibly bent rim but that was proven to be a bad tire shake. Yellow and red dots misaligned. Possibly defective. Ask Alan to check them out and fix or replace. He looked at them, said he would call Pirelli. Never heard back from him. I called again but he was mad because I contacted Big O Corp. and complained about his fake receipt, with no return policies and hand written invoice numbers. I waited 2 more weeks for him to do something with these tires but he did NOTHING.

So I went to AMERICA'S TIRE, they found there was obviously something wrong and I have the statements to prove it. I asked them to install 4 new tires and I returned the 4 others to Big O. Alan wouldn't sign for them so I took a couple pics and left them there, then filed a dispute with Discover. So now Discover denied the dispute because they need proof the tires were returned. I wasn't alone, I had a friend with me as a witness but Discover calls his letter and my pics hearsay. So now I'm out $900 ** dollars, Alan has the tires and is LYING to Discover that he never got them back... He says all I want is free tires, he's LYING I paid for 4 new tires and better service at AMERICA'S TIRE, Torrance.

Remember if it is not a original Big O "LETTERHEAD" receipt but a copy (dummy receipt) like mine, he is cheating his franchise owner, State of California Franchise Tax Board and the State of California Disposal Fees. You're paying it HE IS POCKETING IT. It is terrible Discover sides with the retailer, the lying rip off that he is because Discover makes more money from their merchants than us. Oh and I canceled their card.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Highly unprofessional, irresponsible service and techs. Where do I begin? Last Monday on January 23, 2017 I went to Big O Tires to have both of my rear tires replaced due to low tread wear. This was the first time visiting a Big O as I usually use Discount Tire for my tire and suspension needs. I was assisted by the Store Manager, Jaime, who quoted me the price of the tires and informed me that it would be between 1 and 1 1/2 hours for them to finish.

After an hour, Jaime notifies me that I have some "issues" with my vehicle and starts trying to feed me a lie about how my power steering pump is going out which can be seen by the color of the fluid. He also informs me that they spent about 20 minutes tearing my dash apart to access my cabin air filter which "needs" to be replaced even though it was just replaced about two months earlier. Basically they spent one hour tearing my vehicle apart just to try and upsell me with their BS. Now for the good part...

Today as I was driving home from work, my brand new tire on the right rear blew out. I contacted the Big O Tires that replaced the tires a week ago and spoke with Jaime again. He tells me that I would have to buy a new tire because I declined the road hazard warranty. This would make sense if it was NOT still covered under the manufacturer's warranty and since there are no foreign objects in the tire, it should be replaced at no cost to me. Jaime didn't want to listen as I quoted the warranty directly from their invoice and had no intention of using any form of customer service.

Unfortunately Big O Tires has lost a customer straight from the get-go. I will be going to Discount Tire tomorrow to replace the bad tire. I will also be sending the failed tire back to the manufacturer and if it is discovered that a foreign object was placed or accidentally introduced into the tire during installation, I will proceed with litigation for business negligence. I would NOT recommend Big O Tires to anybody since, in my opinion, they are more concerned about upselling than customer service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The Service and quality of Big O Tires is Awesome. First of all the reason I went with the Big O tires was because I had some 10 ply Big Foot tires on my trailer and they performed so good that I was willing to try the all season radials on my all wheel drive SUV. They have done so good on the car that I will most likely go back with the same tires when they need updating! The all season radials are at 32,000 and they still look great. They are Great for driving in the rain and do real good off road also.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I've been a Big-O customer for more than fifty years. Right from their startup. But not any more. The Big-O of today is not yesterday's Big-O. I just put new tires on my pickup and I paid a high price for them because I didn't argue about their exorbitant charges for "mounting," "balancing," and more dippy-do junk that was always included in the price of the tires. Go Costco, get high quality tires for same or much lower prices. I would have save $300 had I been smart enough before buying. And it took them 3 hours to do a less than one-hour job. I got to the appointment on time but had to sit there and wait while they jacked my truck up and let sit there all that time. This is not a good company any more.

Big O Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.

• Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.

• Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Big O Tires Company Information