1.41/5
Based on 187 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Big O Tires

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

333 Big O Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Starting Friday, January 12th I took my Chrysler 200 to Big O Tires. I've purchased all four of my tires from them and they all have a warranty. By the way, I been using this same shop for the last 6 years since I moved to Jefferson City. My tire was flat. They "placed a new tire." Tuesday morning when I went to break around 5 A.M. I noticed my tire was flat again. I went to 3 gas stations in the town I worked, but none of their air pumps worked because it was -2 outside. When I left worked on Tuesday morning I went back to Big O Tires. They charged me 27.00 for service even with my warranty. I picked my car up at 5:30 P.M. Drove to work and my car was super flat and ripped all up. I called the 24 hours Roadside assistance and they I was told they can not help me unless I have a member number. SMH!!

I was assisted by one of my co workers who put my donut on my car. I drove back up to Big O Tires again... At this point I am very unhappy with my services. They took my tire and came back out to show me the tire. They told me it was a nail in my tire and that was the problem. At this POINT I'M PISSED OFF!!! My choice of words was not very nice. I know I am a woman, but I'm not that damn DUMB when it comes to cars. I know for a fact, if a nail was in there I would've had a slow leak not a ripped up tire. I picked my car back up at 5:30 P.M. Drove to work and my tire went FLAT AGAIN on the side of the highway. Once again one of my co workers come to highway and put my donut on.

When I got off work I drove my car to a different Big O location in Jefferson City. They were very nice and I appreciate their service. They put a brand new tire on my car and I drove home. When I stepped out of my garage my tire was back flat again. I called them and they told me to bring my car back so I did. I picked my car up at 5:30 and I drove to work this evening. I'm currently waiting until 5 A.M. when I go to break to see if my tire is flat or low. I will NEVER use that store location.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I bought a set of four Big O Tires brand tires. 265/65R18 AT. They only have 30000 and I had a blowout. They will not hold air. Always putting air in them even in the summer. One was so out of balance they had to put about 12 inches of wheel weights on the inside of my tire. I would not recommend Big O Tires. I will not be buying them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My son purchased a set of LT26/70R17/E from Big O and when he had a question regarding the rating compared to what he thought he had bought we looked up the price online and found there to be a difference in quote online from 194.99 to in store purchase price of 210.99 per tire. The store person saying there could be this much variation depending on the day of purchase? I don't know that this is a reasonable explanation of a price variance of 15 dollars a tire.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I take my car to Big O Tires @ 4413 Cane Run Rd Louisville KY 40216 for all my oil changes and I have purchase tires in the last month. ** was very helpful in advising me on which tire would be best with my price range and they were able to install them the very next day. I have never had a bad experience with Big O and will continue to my car serviced there as need.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Have 2 manufacture defective Nitto Mativo tires where the tread is depressed rendering the car undrivable. Big O Tires (Mesa, Az) will not help me. They said since I did not purchase the road hazard warranty, they would not help me as the warranty only covers the first 2/32 of tire wear. I believe they simply lied to me as other shops laugh at this statement when I told them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I bought two new tires, and asked that the spare be put on the left rear. After I left I noticed the tire sensor had an error, so I went back to the shop and was told by Big O Tires that "I didn't catch the sensor got moved to the spare." But I didn't have time to wait, so I came back. The manager comes out and tells me he can't remount the spare tire. I told him they made a mistake by not moving the sensor. I said I wanted it moved, and he refused. So now my tire sensor is showing an error, and I have to pay someone to mount and rebalance two tires. I will never give them my business again.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I took my car in to see about my engine light was staying on. They said the 02 sensor was bad. The light was still on. I took car back and they said it was another sensor bad. I paid over $260 and all I got was an oil change. The most aggravating thing was about 2 days following the service. I received a coupon for the diagnostic test for free. I called and asked an employee named Donald and he said I couldn't use the coupon to get my bill adjusted. I will not be back for my oil changes or any other problem. By the way, my engine light is still on over 2 weeks later.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I came in right before closed panicking cause I had a flat tires and I drove all the way from Magna cause the one down there wouldn't help. So when I walked in they were so nice and friendly. They changed my tire for free and they gave me a drink with out any charge. I love this store and feel at home.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Last Saturday (6-24-17) I made an appointment, with Big O Tires, in Prescott Valley, to have new tires and shocks installed on my pick-up. It took them over 4 hours to complete. That is after my pick-up sat for over 2 hours. After working all night, I did not appreciate it. And after spending over $1300. You would think they would give better customer service. I will never go to Big O Tires, again. After showing some concern about the service I was receiving, they then said that they would finish the work. I checked one star because that was the lowest rating. But as far as I'm concerned, that was a too high of a rating.

Original review: June 22, 2017

After having a bad experience at this place a while ago (which is a whole other story...) I decided to give this place another chance, mostly because they are very convenient to my work. I made an appointment at 11 am for an oil change. I arrived at 10:58 am and they took my info and keys and said it would be about 30-40 minutes. I asked about a place to get lunch and walked across the street for pizza. I returned at 11:55 and thought it odd that my car was parked in the same space as when I left. The employee was about to ring me up and was looking high and low for my keys/paperwork when he finally checked in the 'back.' He came to me and said, "I'm sorry but they haven't gotten to your car yet."

Wow... then why did I take the trouble to make an appointment and specifically ask them if it could be done in an hour? After calling work to say I was going to be late, I had to ask how much they were going to take off the bill. The employee told me the 'most he was authorized' to take off was $10. I lost more than that in wages for the extra 50 minutes I spent sitting and waiting. And rather than offering to make things right, I HAD to be the one to suggest knocking something off the bill. I think more like 50% ($17) would have been more like it.

As I was sitting waiting, I heard 2 other customers who were bringing their cars back after experiencing problems with tires they bought there as well. Seems I am not the only one who has experienced problems with this place! Apparently much more concerned with $$$ than customer satisfaction. Should have been smart and learned my lesson the first time.

Original review: May 6, 2017

We bought Big O Tires for our Honda Accord at the Louisville Colorado Big O Tires. The warranty is for three years and ends in January 2018. My daughter took the car to Montana. While there one of the tires was rotten and had a flat. She went to a tire dealer since there was no Big O Tires in Billings Montana. The tire store said that all the tires were rotten and that Big O did not clean the rim before putting the tires on my car. Poor quality tires.

We brought the tires back to the store in Louisville CO and they will not stand behind the warranty. They said the problem is our 2006 Honda car and it caused the tires to rot. What?? The warranty is not up until January 2018. I have never had such poor customer service. I may take some legal action since this is so unbelievable and I have the testimony of the tire store in Montana. They will confirm the problem was no proper installation, did not clean the rims and that it is not my car causing their tires to rot. Do not buy tires at Big O. They do not stand behind the warranty.

Original review: April 1, 2017

DO NOT TAKE ANY VEHICLE TO THESE THIEVES!!! IF you must, make sure to remove anything that is not welded to the vehicle, then STAY with your vehicle shotgun in hand and be ready to use it!!! As a disabled veteran, I took my vehicle in for an oil change and to purchase tires. I then drove the two hours home. Upon my next trip to Lexington, I needed to park and went to put out my handicapped parking placard, and it was missing! The only people that had been in my vehicle are the lowlife thieving scumbags at Big O Tires! After contacting the company and asking how to recover a placard, one the state will not replace for three years, they tell me they have no recourse. They are not responsible. The can go to HELL!!! I beg everyone to avoid these lying, cheating, thieving SOBs like you would the plague!!!

Original review: March 29, 2017

I wanted to let everyone know that the Big O Tires store on the east side of Flagstaff located at 2469 N Walgreen Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 is the best store to go to for all your needs. I have been going there for years and the customer service is the best. They have always bent over backwards for me and for that I am grateful. Thank you ** (manager) for everything you have done for me.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The store manager is a very big liar. His name is Dan... Telling me that my whole front end would need redone so he could align it. Big O rips people off everyday. I will tell everyone I know about this so they won't go there. That's what they do to people who don't know any better but I do.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I went to Big O because I got to a car accident and now when I step on the car pedal, it make a roaringly sound at me. I drop my car off, they give a call and say they drove it and there's nothing wrong with it. So the next day I come over and drove it with the guy inside the car, who made me wait when he first come in and act like he doesn't even want to be there. I pointed out the noise I hear and he say that's normal and there's nothing wrong with my car. I drove that car for two years I would know if something is off. I even explain it to him, and he wasn't going to do anything about it. "It's fine," he say, I was so stress out I even cry. He act like I don't know what I'm talking about. So, after I drop him off I went somewhere else, who drove the car and took all but ten mins to fix my problem. I try leaving a review on their page but it not even going through. I'm never using them ever for anything ever again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Special ordered tires from Alan (BIG O tires, Carson). His guy installed them to the best of their ability but the tires were very rough riding, like square tires on the freeway. I had them checked out and found them out of round and poor balancing, one tire possibly bent rim but that was proven to be a bad tire shake. Yellow and red dots misaligned. Possibly defective. Ask Alan to check them out and fix or replace. He looked at them, said he would call Pirelli. Never heard back from him. I called again but he was mad because I contacted Big O Corp. and complained about his fake receipt, with no return policies and hand written invoice numbers. I waited 2 more weeks for him to do something with these tires but he did NOTHING.

So I went to AMERICA'S TIRE, they found there was obviously something wrong and I have the statements to prove it. I asked them to install 4 new tires and I returned the 4 others to Big O. Alan wouldn't sign for them so I took a couple pics and left them there, then filed a dispute with Discover. So now Discover denied the dispute because they need proof the tires were returned. I wasn't alone, I had a friend with me as a witness but Discover calls his letter and my pics hearsay. So now I'm out $900 ** dollars, Alan has the tires and is LYING to Discover that he never got them back... He says all I want is free tires, he's LYING I paid for 4 new tires and better service at AMERICA'S TIRE, Torrance.

Remember if it is not a original Big O "LETTERHEAD" receipt but a copy (dummy receipt) like mine, he is cheating his franchise owner, State of California Franchise Tax Board and the State of California Disposal Fees. You're paying it HE IS POCKETING IT. It is terrible Discover sides with the retailer, the lying rip off that he is because Discover makes more money from their merchants than us. Oh and I canceled their card.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Highly unprofessional, irresponsible service and techs. Where do I begin? Last Monday on January 23, 2017 I went to Big O Tires to have both of my rear tires replaced due to low tread wear. This was the first time visiting a Big O as I usually use Discount Tire for my tire and suspension needs. I was assisted by the Store Manager, Jaime, who quoted me the price of the tires and informed me that it would be between 1 and 1 1/2 hours for them to finish.

After an hour, Jaime notifies me that I have some "issues" with my vehicle and starts trying to feed me a lie about how my power steering pump is going out which can be seen by the color of the fluid. He also informs me that they spent about 20 minutes tearing my dash apart to access my cabin air filter which "needs" to be replaced even though it was just replaced about two months earlier. Basically they spent one hour tearing my vehicle apart just to try and upsell me with their BS. Now for the good part...

Today as I was driving home from work, my brand new tire on the right rear blew out. I contacted the Big O Tires that replaced the tires a week ago and spoke with Jaime again. He tells me that I would have to buy a new tire because I declined the road hazard warranty. This would make sense if it was NOT still covered under the manufacturer's warranty and since there are no foreign objects in the tire, it should be replaced at no cost to me. Jaime didn't want to listen as I quoted the warranty directly from their invoice and had no intention of using any form of customer service.

Unfortunately Big O Tires has lost a customer straight from the get-go. I will be going to Discount Tire tomorrow to replace the bad tire. I will also be sending the failed tire back to the manufacturer and if it is discovered that a foreign object was placed or accidentally introduced into the tire during installation, I will proceed with litigation for business negligence. I would NOT recommend Big O Tires to anybody since, in my opinion, they are more concerned about upselling than customer service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The Service and quality of Big O Tires is Awesome. First of all the reason I went with the Big O tires was because I had some 10 ply Big Foot tires on my trailer and they performed so good that I was willing to try the all season radials on my all wheel drive SUV. They have done so good on the car that I will most likely go back with the same tires when they need updating! The all season radials are at 32,000 and they still look great. They are Great for driving in the rain and do real good off road also.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I've been a Big-O customer for more than fifty years. Right from their startup. But not any more. The Big-O of today is not yesterday's Big-O. I just put new tires on my pickup and I paid a high price for them because I didn't argue about their exorbitant charges for "mounting," "balancing," and more dippy-do junk that was always included in the price of the tires. Go Costco, get high quality tires for same or much lower prices. I would have save $300 had I been smart enough before buying. And it took them 3 hours to do a less than one-hour job. I got to the appointment on time but had to sit there and wait while they jacked my truck up and let sit there all that time. This is not a good company any more.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

So a couple months ago I had Big O do brakes on my 2014 F150. When we left I had no brakes so I took truck back and they said they had to bleed the brakes, drove out again and still only had half my braking capabilities as before but thought it was just cheap pads. Now fast forward two months to today. Went to Ford to have an oil change done and truck serviced when Ford Mechanic told me I had serious problems with my brakes. Long story short my rotors are shot. Brakes are shot. Big O had put my brakes on backwards and upside down and now are refusing to pay for damage, this people could have very easily killed my family since we live in the Rocky mountains and travel steep passes all the time. Guess next stop is a court room, please if you value your property and lives don't do business with Big O Mechanics.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

For the past eight years, I had used only Michelin Primacy MXV4's. A fantastic tire, but also very pricey. Decided that I just couldn't spend that much money again. Had used Big O a long time ago and had a good experience. Went to them and chose their Big O Tour Legacy Plus. They had all four tires installed and the car aligned in about an hour. So far, the tires are quiet, comfortable, vibration-free, and handle great. The only possible issue is that the gas mileage seems a little down. Nevertheless, I saved about $400 over what the dealer wanted for the Michelins and the alignment. I have no complaints.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

They tell you anything to get you in their door only to waste your time and money! Last year, at my first interaction at Big O Tires, the tires I ordered weren't there at my appointment. I had to rearrange my family's schedule to come back the next day. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, this year I went to them for snow tires and was told 2-3 hour wait. 7 hours later!!! And no explanation along the way, except for when I sought an update. I will never go back.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

On a cold wet day in November, my wife was returning home from grocery shopping. She was driving our 2006 Chevy Trailblazer when the front drivers side tire blew apart. We had only had this SUV for 3 weeks. To our disbelief, we had no spare, jack, or lug wrench. I contacted the Big O store that was about a half mile away. I was not a Big O customer in the past. They went way above and beyond anything I could possibly expect. They went and got my wife, and the truck, using a spare they had on hand, at no charge. They worked extremely hard to get us financed for a new set of tires, which was amazing considering our 550 credit score. They were kind and considerate, and never condescending. Bravo Big O in Corydon Indiana. You are the best of the best, second to none. You have a new lifetime customer.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

My wife and I are in the low income range. She is owed over $25000 in back child support. She draws K-Tap money from the state of Kentucky because of the child support. She has $1500 of transportation money and spent $1,100 at this company. They put 4 new tires on it, suppose to put new brakes. After we drove it about 3 days it started to shake and the brakes were already rubbing. My wife had to have a major surgery and she was out of commission for 4 months and I go to school full time. The tires got so bad it jarred them off the wheels. Now they refuse to fix it and said the tires and brakes are not under warranty. Debbie from Glasgow is treating us like she is better than us and told us she could not even find where they done the work. This is the worst place I have ever been to and promise our story will not end this way.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Use major caution in any of these chain retail stores. Their opinion will reign supreme over the customers' property. Myself and many others have been victim of malpractice when having balancing service of rims/wheels at Big O. I have read horror stories of people's Mercedes rims being scratched and scuffed as well as Corvette and BMW owners have encountered. Long story short you get what you pay for with these places have low prices and "free" services on purpose mostly to sell you more product!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I purchased a new battery while I was visiting a family member. I needed a new battery, so I went into a franchise store to get a new battery. They had no batteries in stock. Next day I went to pick up the battery. On the sales slip in indicated 1 yr warranty. No written information given to me on the warranty. 11 months later the battery failed. This vehicle is my only means of transportation. I was stuck so I called the AAA and they came out and installed a new. The battery was the wrong part #, and that is why it would not work. I call the store and the person indicated that I should have gone to a Big O Tire store to have the battery replaced, but how do I get there with no running vehicle. I contacted the company home office and they said that I needed to have the battery for a refund. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE. Do NOT go to any of these stores, especially if you are not in your area. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

So, I get to store early and second in the door. I waited while 4 other customers went ahead of me and at that I was told by manager that these people had made arrangements the day before. That is I told him I called the day before and was told "You could not get a reserved time." There was no explanation TO MY DISREGARD. BIG O needs to check the policies.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I had a screw in my tire. I brought it to them and they took the screw out, patched the hole and filled the tire entirely free of charge. They were friendly and reasonably quick considering I wasn't paying for anything.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Took my car in to get 1 tire replaced at the Camden rd. colorado springs location and my husband had made the appointment the prior week. When I arrived the manager dave stated the appointment was not in the computer. I then called my husband to confirm who he spoke with and while I was on the phone the manager Dave asks his co worker about the appointment and then proceeded to yell at me "We found it, I couldn't ask because the was on the phone" referring to his co worker. He yelled to the point where my husband could hear him through the phone. I was humiliated to be treated as such and especially by a manager who clearly should not be in a position of manager. I will not return to Big O for any reason.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

I was quoted $75.00 to have someone come to my house and repair a puncture to the tire of my John Deere lawn mower. Later, I got a call later saying it was repaired but is now $200.00. I could have gotten a new tire for that & was upset that nobody called to say it would be over double what was quoted. Feel taken because I'm a 58-year-old female.

Big O Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.

• Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.

• Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Big O Tires Company Information

www.bigotires.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use