Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
2.01/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

385 Big O Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Shannon ** went out of his way to help me get the best deal on 4 Goodyear Wrangler Tires, and saved me $$$, was very helpful, answered all my questions, very polite, got me in and out very fast. Made me feel more like a family, friend. Not like a customer. Shannon ** was easy to talk to. You can tell he likes his job, by the way he gets along with his coworkers... I am sold on Big O service. Keep up the good work. I have told all my friends and family to go to Big O Tires in Jeffersontown KY and ask for Shannon **. He is one of a kind.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I had a flat tire while traveling home from a meeting in Cheyenne WY. I went to Big O Tires on Yellowstone Ave in Cheyenne WY at 5:15 PM and was back on the road with two new tires by 6:00 PM. Cory was my salesman and he made me feel better and got this done for me. He was awesome to work with. I highly recommend Big O Tires to anyone looking to purchase tires and if in Cheyenne Wyoming ask for Cory. He will set you up!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Stephen ** at the front desk helped me like he was my best friend, yet he didn't know me. I needed new brake pads, rotors, 4 tires & a few more repairs done but I only had a certain amount budgeted for today, which wasn't enough. Stephen kindly offered to help me fill out 2 different credit apps to see if I qualified so I could have everything done today? Sadly I didn't qualify so Stephen went even further & asked the mechanic in the back if there was anything he could do to lower the price? He came back & said they're able to resurface 1 rotor which saved me a lot of money. I was going to walk to my bank to withdraw the money needed since my car was already up on the lift. My bank's only 5 blocks away, but Stephen said, "No, I can take you in the company truck really fast." So kind & helpful! I will be bringing my car back for any & all services needed in the future. Thanks so much.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been taking my vehicles to Big O Tires in Shepherdsville, KY since the 1990's. My husband has also taken vehicles since the late 80's. My in-laws also use Big O Tires. All the employees have treated me courteously and timely. William ** and his wife Dawn stand out above all others. They are dedicated employees who really care that customers have a good experience. They have been there to assist me in emergencies as well as scheduled visits. They have helped me purchase tires that will not only look good, but tires that are the best for the least amount of money.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Had a great experience at Big O Tires on Madison in Kansas City Missouri. The employer Andrew done a great job on repairing my tire and Big O Tires had sent me a free coupon in the mail for a free tire repair Mount and balance. My only disappointment was the employees are not allowed to take tips. They should put a tip jar up front so we as customers can tip the employees and then the employee at the end of the week can split the tips.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: May 16, 2019

I made an appointment for wife's car for the next day May 14 2019 10 am, idiot said, "We don't have Castrol GTX 10-30." New owner only has bottom of the line Pennzoil garbage, we have 4 cars and spent 14-15k over the years. Idiot told my wife it's owner's policy, he said, "You can go buy your own oil and bring it back tomorrow. Wife showed up 10 am. Another guy said could not do it.. After 8 years this new owner's is an idiot, so she went next door Full Circle Autowash.. $15.00 I will never go back to this Big idiot O Tires again, and I will tell 1000 people...

Original review: May 15, 2019

They overcharge for parts and double dip on the labor. Also sell you services you don’t need. If you can possibly go somewhere else save your wallet and go somewhere else. This company is in it for the money and only for the money!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Stopped by Big O Tires at Cross Roads (Gilbert/German roads), Chandler AZ on 04/17/2019, at around 2:55 pm. I moved my car in front of the shop to get my tires pressure adjusted. I waved to the attendants, well in view, they looked at me and did not acknowledge my presence. I even waited for about 5 minutes and no consideration given to me. I left and went to a Discount Tire shop. Even before I opened the door, the attendant came to me with "how can I help you?". I was even offered a bottle of water while the tires were being taken care of. Also I got a free tire rotation. Guess where I am getting my tires from now on...

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had a flat tire that was not repairable. They helped me with a different tire and were very kind and inexpensive. I would recommend everyone to go to their shop. I was at the new store in Falcon Colorado.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I paid about twice as much for tires at Big O Tires in Yuma, AZ than I would have at other tire stores. They claim to have the best nationwide warranty. Including three year free repair and/or replacement. Had two tires replaced under their road hazard warranty. Had to pay for mount and dismount on both. It's not free. Half way through the 45,000 mile warranty, one and a half years later, three of my tires needed replaced (one was replaced under road hazard warranty two weeks prior). Free? No. I went and purchased four new tires at a competitor for the same price as their three under warranty. Less than half of the original purchase price.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Sign says buy two get two free. But you have to buy four with an alignment package and that come out to $525.00 for two tires!!! Ridiculous. How can two tires cost $525? Clearly false advertising. My first quote for two tires was $213.95 for two, sounds about right.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I had bought new tires about a month ago and had concerns and issues I had advised Big O Tires supervisor and manager.

1. When I took my car home I noticed the next day the tires feel they were not on completely like the rim tip was sticking out and ask if they can give me a replacement. No answer on that note.
2. Out of the 4 tires I bought 2 had defective valve steams and when I brought it in I informed my tires were not even balanced correctly 'cause I complained about vibrations.
3. Something was missing on my wheel and they had order a new set and still have not got it.

4. I spoke to manager and was told it will be taken care of immediately and still have not heard back 1 month now.

So now I'm pissed and really would like someone from higher management to fix my problems. I have spent over $7,000.00 on buying new wheels and had done repairs at Big O but my last visit has been really frustrating. I would like my tires replaced and missing part replaced. Simple as that. Can anyone call me and tell me how this can be resolved?

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am a firefighter locally and I have had several people warn me about this place...but like a fool I tried anyhow. I took my truck in for a loud whistling sound. After 900.00 and three full work days with my truck problem not resolved and was charged an extra 500 dollars for work they forget to do. Nick the supervisor was very rude and dismissal. I will never go back to this place and you should not either. I will make it my mission for the next year to tell everyone I know on social media and to the 3000 firefighters I work with. I give your service an F. What a terrible experience!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I wish I could give 0 stars! Brought my car to replace 2 tires (had a bad puncture in one, so decided to replace both). Result: One of the rims scratched (I have detailed the car recently and I KNOW there were no scratches before). After replacement they didn't even offer my fiancee (she brought the car) to keep one perfectly good tire, so I had to return to get it. One of the tires they replaced was way out of balance, luckily (yeah) I was coming back anyway. They claimed that "the weight fell off", which was BS - weights were on when I've inspected the troubled wheel.

After coming back home realized that the key socket is missing, called next day... and day after... and day after. Not a single call back, they just don't give a **. Had to go to dealer to get a new key socket, brought the receipt to Big-O. They claimed they have to take it upstairs to approve the refund. That was 4 days ago. No response again. What else can I say. Draw your own conclusions.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I bought new/used tires the day before taking my car to them for alignment. I was told cost for alignment would be 99.99. When I picked my car up my bill was almost 180, you know for "taxes and fees". 3 days later my car is driving worse than when I took it in, it is now jerking, throwing me into next lane at times. I take my car back up there. They do another alignment and tell me my tire (new/used tire) is bad and an alignment will not help until I buy new tire. Why was this not mentioned 3 days prior when I took it up there and paid for an alignment. My husband then inquired about new tires a week later with them. We were told it's buy 2 tires get 2 free. The tires were $72 each, but total would be $523. The 65,000 mile tires were 121 each, buy 2 get 2, total was $673... I'm no math genius, but this does not add up.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I am a 73 year-old disabled Vietnam veteran. I had a power steering pump replaced on my 2008 Cadillac DTS by Big O Tires in Carlsbad, CA in January and was charged over a thousand dollars. When I contacted the manager, Brad or Brent and told him that I felt their shop had overcharged me, he basically told me "tough **, you signed the work order". I advised him that I would contact my credit card company and put a chargeback on the card, he stated that he would contact his lawyer. He indicated that would be fine and "could care less" and that his lawyer would handle it as he has in the past.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Visited the Big O Tire Center in Elk River, Minnesota, I need a complete set of tires for my 2016 Dodge Ram. Bought the tire approximately $900, figured as long as I was there I would have the oil changed and a new set of wiper blades installed. While waiting for the tires and service the tech suggested a front end alignment, I made the decision to wait on the alignment but was still charged for labor $125, took 3 days to be credited for that. Was to receive a rebate on the wipers. That was in October, after not seeing the rebate in January contacted Big O. Was told it was lost in the system, I should see a prepaid card in 14-15 days, been over 2 weeks and just received an email that it had been approved. Should see a card in 14-15 days, this is 5 weeks after my contacting them. What a fricken joke, I will never do business with Big O again.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I've been going to the Big O in J'town for years. Shannon ** and the people there do a wonderful job. Very knowledgeable and professional. Wouldn't trust my car's tires to anyone else. Can't beat the free rotation and balancing or replacement warranty that goes with their tires.

Resolution response: Feb. 1, 2019

The owner went over and beyond to resolve all my issues he is a great person

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Horrible horrible place. Please save yourself time, money and frustration. Went to them because my front driver's side tire had a screw in it. They said they would put a used one on. Told me 40 minutes for an oil change and one tire. I was there for almost 4 hours making me late for work. Because of that I never looked at the tire. I just trusted them big mistake. After leaving work I noticed the same tire they replaced was flat. I looked at it closer and THE TIRE WAS NEVER REPLACED. IT WAS MY SAME OLD TIRE WITH THE SAME SCREW IN THE SAME PLACE. Called up there. Tom the manager said he looked at all the cameras and the tires were changed and rotated. He said, "Guess there was another nail in another tire." That's ridiculous explanation. This place is a scam. Please go anywhere else. Wal-Mart tire section is better than these fools.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have Big O Tires brand on my car and it’s due for a tire rotation so I bring my car up to the Outer loop store @195 Outer Loop Louisville, KY 40214 for tire rotation service. The service rep. say it will be a 90 min. wait so I said I will leave the car and come back in 2hrs. So 90 min. later the service rep. called me and says that they cannot rotate my tires because the tread of the tires is down to the wear indicator and tell me I need new tires so I told him no not at this time and I will be up to get the car. So when I get back to the store I have a look at the tires and the tread is not down to the wear indicators! There is at least 3/32" to 1/8th tread before it gets to the wear indicators.

I went in to the store and confronted the Rep. and told him to show me what he was talking about so we went out to look at the tires and I told him, “You can plainly see that the tread is not down to the wear indicators on the tires.” I told him there is at least 8 to 10 thousand miles left on these tires. I ended up not getting my tires rotated because of service reps. not being honest and trying to sell me tires. I don't yet need swindlers' incompetent service reps. is what I would call it. What a waste of my time. I should charge them for it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Schedules tire change with specific OEM tires and was confirmed. When I called the morning of the appointment to make sure they had the tires, they told me they did not have those in stock. Sorry. Why have an appointment system that prices specific tires.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

One of my tires had a slow leak due to a nail so I took it to Big O in Boulder to get it patched. They told me it was in a location that wouldn't hold a patch and the tire was a goner. Furthermore I would need to buy 4 new tires. The car was brand new with 4K miles on it, same goes for the tires. I got a second opinion: the Subaru dealer patched it for free and it has held up for 6 months so far. What a surprise.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Went to Big O Tires in San Jose to get a camber adjustment. This is a very simple job that I normally do myself on my car, but have my hand in a cast and can't use tools. The salesman said it would be a 2 hr. Job and would cost $330.00. WHAT? I am not going to pay that much for a $14/hr "technician" to turn 8 bolts on top of struts and adjust my wheels! I went home and paid my neighbor's son $40 to follow my instructions. Got job done in 15 minutes. In short, they rip off unknowing customers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Shannon had locked in a deal for me for a set of tires. On his day off, the tires were sold. I came into the store for my appointment, Shannon advised what had happened but got me an even better deal. Shannon is honest, dependable and cares about taking care of his customers. I will be going to Big O in Jeffersontown on Taylorsville Road for future tires, brakes and oil changes because of Shannon's customer service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I had my car towed to Big O Tires in April where I purchased two brand new front tires to the tune of $300. They kept me there for 3 to 4 hours and had a few minutes before 7 o’clock when they were closing they rushed me out the door. Six months and less than 4000 miles later I have two totally worn out tires that the Steelers coming through on the center where I was told to bring it down and I would be taken care of and when I arrive 25 minutes from my home I am now being told it is due to an alignment issue that I refuse to address when I had the tires put on initially from them when I purchased them.

Clearly on the receipt which I hold in my hand the only thing I refuse was an extended tire warranty which I have never been his head from in my lifetime and they refuse to show me the paperwork that they say I obviously declined to have an alignment for $10 each tire which is nonsense. So being 25 miles from my home I was forced to purchase two more tires from Big O Tires and I will be contacting corporate to report the dealership on Pecos Road in Henderson/Las Vegas Nevada where I was not only treated poorly but robbed blind. This isn’t over.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I should have learned my lesson a few years ago, but I guess I didn't. I sent my daughter to Big O Tires on Rock Springs in Las Vegas, NV. When my daughter got home she saw that the right rear hub csp was missing. They told her that 2 of the clips were no good, so what did they do, put the hub cap back on and told me that it probably fell off when she was driving. I asked why did you even put it back on in the first place knowing that 2 clips were no good. Couldn't get a straight answer from the manager who was Michael ** and they charged her for Tire Protections $44.72. She did not request that and was not asked if she wanted it.

This happened to me a few years ago. I contacted the corporate office and got a refund. I contacted Big O Tires at Rock Springs and was told to call the corporate office. I have been calling the corporate office since 10/10/18 and leaving message after message for someone to call me so this $44.72 can get credited to my credit card. I guess they leave me no choice but to contact my credit card company to have this charge reversed. I even left a message stating that "this is the corporate office and why is there a recording?" Someone should be answering the phone.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had all 4 tires replaced from former NTB at the Arden Hills location in July 2017. I have 15000 miles on them with one tire rotation. I came for a simple rotation and oil change. They did not have a filter. They are telling me that the front tires are bad due to infrequent rotations. He also wanted to tell me issues with my rack and pinion. He kept trying to sell me 2 tires and said they are not under warranty. He also wanted to charge for the unlimited tire rotation I have. After 2 hours of nothing getting done, I told them to put the old oil filter back in and get my car out of the garage. He wanted to charge me for the oil with a dirty filter. The next day I see a poodle near the driver side wheel. And where I park my car at night has no spots. It looks like a boot of some sort was cut and is now leaking. They are crooks. Horrible experience. Never go to Big O Tires. I'm guessing they'll be gone in a year or two.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Had 4 new tires put on my truck today. Driver front had no valve cap on, driver rear had a green cap, passenger side front and rear had black valve caps?? Ok Driver side did not get new valve stems, yet the passenger side did, OK Driver side front had 49 lbs. Driver side rear had 70 lbs. along with the passenger side front and rear 70 LBS. WHAT THE **??? That much air in a tire on wet roads is going to get people killed, NO ** IDEA.

Resolution response: Aug. 29, 2018

After waiting for them to repair my spare tire jack extractor I finally got it in and they also changed my oil and filter at no charge. Gotta give credit when it's due. Thank you Big O Tires. I was getting upset driving in 108 temps without my spare tire. Special thanks to Wil at Tempe Big O Tires.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

They said it's a defective product and would make repair at no charge. I'm still waiting after 2 months. I call and get told same thing. It's on back order. I'm driving without a spare because of them and don't see why they don't make it right.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My son went to the Big O Tires store in Savage, Minnesota. They asked what can of oil and he said what ever the manual says. The manual said 5-30 weight (not synthetic). They put synthetic in and charge him $72.00 vs $34. They saw a young man and took advantage of him. Stay away from Big O Tires. They will rip you off.

Big O Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.

• Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.

• Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Big O Tires Company Information