Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Big O Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Big O has good values on Tues and service but they really shine when it comes to customer service. They have never tried to upsell and have even helped me to save money when they've suggested a lower-priced option.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I was disappointed that one tire of 4 tires has lost air since the install and the rubber itself seems cheap with chips on the treads. They were over $500.00 and nearly 3 hours of sitting on the curb waiting. Could be better.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2021

My tire was losing air and went to Big O Tires to get it fixed. The mgr. Justin ** assured me that tire would be fixed. Thank you very much. Customer in Aurora Colorado. Very concerned about car getting to personal destinations.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I had an appointment that turned out to be worth the wait. I will just say that my customer service experience was extremely excellent and it pays to be patient. My vehicle was inspected and service with great care and the delivery of the service done was explained by Moss who demonstrated superior customer service. I appreciate his professionalism and expertise. I give Big O Tires on McHenry In Modesto Ca 5????

Original review: May 26, 2021

I went into Big O Tires at Skyview Drive Kansas City Missouri this morning because I had a rattling in my car. I thought it was the engine. Jake came out and heard the noise and knew immediately what it was and he repaired it and I was out and on my way with a quiet car again within 20 minutes. Jake did an excellent job and I really appreciate his quick response.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

We purchased new tires from Big O 3/19/2020 and have had problems since. I have to fill one of the tires up at least every other day. We bought 4 new tires here and have had nothing but issues with them since day 1. 3 of the 4 have had to be filled with air constantly. Took them in to figure out why, and dealt with nothing but rude technicians treating us like we were trying to get a freebie because we expected our tires, which we paid a lot of money for, to hold air properly. 12/2020 one of my tires lost all air -while I was driving. I had one completely flat tire and one with only 16 psi. The tech told my husband that I hit a curb and kept driving- without even looking at the tires.

After my husband challenged this, they took it in to see what was actually wrong. They said that there was corrosion on the wheels and the beads didn't seal and I would need to pay for a new tire - when I purchased these tires, they told me there was a 2 year warranty- but now saying there isn't. We came to an agreement with Tyler. The guys at Big O are so bad to deal with. I have been filling one of my tires up every other day and 2 others about once a month. Because they have refused to fix this issue properly, my tires have uneven wear. Big O has been a nightmare and is causing significant mental and emotional distress due to me having to stop constantly to fill my tire back up with air, so I am not stuck on the side of the road again due to my tire going completely flat.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We purchased 6 tires for our RV. At the time of purchase we were told they did not have the valve stems required for these big tires. A few days later when we were prepping for a trip, we found that 3 of the tires were very low on air. We took them back to Big O and were told they indeed DID have the correct valve stems and they replaced them. While we were driving, one of the valve stems blew out and caused the middle tire of the triple axle on one side to blow out. Damage was caused to the underside of our RV, the side molding, and also the 2 tires next to the one that blew. At this point, it has only been a few weeks since we bought the 6 new tires from Big O.

We brought the blown tire and told the Manager what happened. We said we wanted 3 new tires at the very least since the faulty installation of the valve stem caused the problem. The Manager ordered the 3 new tires. He said he would at least be able to replace the 1 brand new tire, but he had to check upstream if he could replace the other 2. A few days later, we returned to the shop because we had not been contacted yet. The Manager told us that he was not even going to replace the 1 tire!! And, he wasn't even going to contact us to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My daughter took her car here at the beginning of summer because her air quit working. My husband tried charging it with Freon. She told them this they then told her there was a small leak but the stuff her dad used to charge it isn’t as good as theirs. So she let them charge it at a cost of $160. It quit in 3 days. Expensive lesson for her.

Fast forward a couple months. My son's car started acting up and stalled out on the road. We took it to Big O’s. They said it needed an alternator. So we pay $600 for the new alternator. Now 2 months later the car is acting up again in some of the same ways and check engine light came on. My husband took it to AutoZone and got the code for the issue which came up as a timing problem. So my husband has us take it back to Big O. They came back saying the valve gasket cover was leaking oil into the alternator. Never even checked what the code came up for and told us that would be $950. They should have noticed the oil all over the old alternator and looked for the problem but did not do that. I would never advise anyone to go here for anything you need a mechanic for.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The team at Big O Tires was very knowledgeable when it came to my tire diagnostic service. They even waived the diagnostic fee to comp. for the wait time. Thanks Big O! Will come in again for tire work.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I am so disappointed in my interaction with Big O Tires this last week. They didn’t nothing but worsen my car. They left my car on a charger for a week without doing anything else. I'm so disappointed.

Big O Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.

• Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.

• Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Big O Tires Company Information