1.9/5 (34 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Big O Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I have used three different Big O Tires stores in Centennial Colorado: for the repair of a damaged tire, to replace regular tires with snow tires on rims, and to purchase a set of new tires. EVERY store and its technical support staff have been superior. Quick, personal service, quality work, and pleasant interactions with every customer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Big O has good values on Tues and service but they really shine when it comes to customer service. They have never tried to upsell and have even helped me to save money when they've suggested a lower-priced option.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I was disappointed that one tire of 4 tires has lost air since the install and the rubber itself seems cheap with chips on the treads. They were over $500.00 and nearly 3 hours of sitting on the curb waiting. Could be better.

Original review: July 8, 2021

My tire was losing air and went to Big O Tires to get it fixed. The mgr. Justin ** assured me that tire would be fixed. Thank you very much. Customer in Aurora Colorado. Very concerned about car getting to personal destinations.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I had an appointment that turned out to be worth the wait. I will just say that my customer service experience was extremely excellent and it pays to be patient. My vehicle was inspected and service with great care and the delivery of the service done was explained by Moss who demonstrated superior customer service. I appreciate his professionalism and expertise. I give Big O Tires on McHenry In Modesto Ca 5????

Original review: May 26, 2022

I have been searching for Michelin tires for my vehicle for some months, and was pleasantly surprised when I search Big O's website and was told inventory indicated they had the tires, and the site allowed me to book an installation appointment. The appointed day came, and I decided to call in order to confirm that the tires were indeed at the location and ready to be installed. When I spoke with an employee at the location, I was told they did NOT have the tires, and had not had that tire for quite some time. He then began to pressure me to come in anyway and buy what they had on hand instead.

This is a sleazy bait-and-switch tactic that is below any reputable company. Big O has proven it falls into this category by allowing its website to sell product it does not have and then coach its employees to attempt to sell something else. Shameful behavior on the part of Big O. I will definitely be buying my tires elsewhere in the future.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I just needed my summer tires put on and ended up leaving with $100 less and 3 chipped rims. Luckily I took pictures before going in because my 4th rim was chipped by them the first time I had tires swapped. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the time, and they let me down this time.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I have been a customer for over 40 years but NOT anymore! I had my 2011 Challenger RT in at the Meridian ID store where I had them install 2 new tires on the rear and rotate my 60% tires to the front. I had them do an alignment on the car as I just installed new struts and shocks on it myself as the old ones wore the front tires out. I told them I was planning a trip to AZ in a few days and in fact went on the trip. My wife and I both noticed a vibration in the steering wheel that just kept getting worse, by the time we got to Pheonix we knew it needed help! We went to a Chandler, AZ Big O Tire store to have it looked at. The manager there told me that the store in Meridian, ID missed that my tires were separating the cords and not road worthy, and were beyond the age date of 2115 production?

He said he would do nothing to help me, no spin balancing and no re-alignment work on warranty, he said he would not touch my car! He further told me I need 2 new tires but no talk of an alignment being re-done. I was taken into the service bay to have this told to me and saw my car up on a rack, being as I am a retired mechanic I saw the wear in the inner tire surface and that my toe-in was set wrong! By now the vibration had also caused my front rotors to heat up and warp due to the bad alignment job so the front end shook some when braking as well! I had just put new brakes on the car 3 years earlier.

I then left them and found a Discount tire shop and had them inspect my front tires, they said that there was nothing wrong with my tires but the wear on the inside and that I needed a new alignment done! I was referred to Greulich's auto in Tempe, AZ and was able to get an alignment done there. They did a great job and most of the vibration was now gone as I needed to drive home. Big O Tires' incompetence and lies and lack of warranty has now cost me new tires, new front brakes and a 2nd alignment job! Never again will I trust them!

Original review: March 19, 2022

Had to take my 2000 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed dually in after they put new tires on the back and realign the vehicle. The vehicle as you drive down the road you're turning the steering wheel a quarter of the way each direction just to keep it straight down the road. I never disagreed that it wasn't a line. But it still has problems after they turn around told me, "Oh well the tires were overinflated." Well you're the ones that inflated it to the manufacturer specifications on the side door. So like reduced pressure on it and I pull trailers. And said that's all the problem was. Well the front end is still loose maybe in a line but it still loose. And told me my tires pressure was all the problem was but it's not inflated to the manufacturer specifications.

Well I will be calling MFA come Monday because the store is in Columbia Missouri on the Business loop and I will be calling the headquarters and letting them know what experiences I've had and the problem is still wrong here that it wasn't loose before they did the alignment. Even though the alignment was off it was not this loose. But you know what the customer service advisor at the desk was a real ** about it even when I walked in the door. Tell him there's a problem here. He thought it was just in the back tires since that's where it was. No it's the front loose.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

My daughter had her oil changed at Big O Tires at the 700 Englewood, Kansas City, MO location on 1/24/22. On 2/3/22 the "check oil" light came on and before she could get pulled over to do so, the engine started smoking!. She had the car towed back to Big O Tires and found out that the oil leaked out and blew two holes in her engine. Big O started an insurance claim on the problem, but the insurance is saying since there was dirt on the bottom of the car that MAY have been what caused the problem so it is not their fault.

We had the car towed to a Honda dealership and their certified mechanic checked it out in detail. He has proof that the oil drain plug was not installed with a washer/seal so the oil leaked out over the 8 day period. We have presented the evidence to the insurance company AND Big O Tires, but neither will take a second look at the claim. It is over $10,000 to replace the engine that was ruined by a mistake that Big O Tires made and won't take responsibility for.

The worst part -- when my daughter called to tell me about the smoking engine (1:15 am on the side of a Hwy, freezing temps), she was terribly upset. I calmed her down and told her that Big O Tires would step up and take care of their mistake. They talk a good talk, promising all kinds of things, but have literally done NOTHING to rectify the situation. It has been 3 weeks. My daughter is without a car and Big O Tires is turning a blind eye to the havoc they have caused. Phone calls don't get returned and it takes 5 days to get a response to an e-mail. Unbelievable and unacceptable service from ANY company, especially one as big as Big O Tires.

Big O Tires author review by Kathryn Parkman

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.

• Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.

• Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Big O Tires Company Information