4.0/5 (666 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Big O Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Subaru Outback with sidewall damage from driving on stubble at farm road. They found leak and did a temporary repair at NO CHARGE! Note Subaru symmetrical all wheel drive has specific criteria and replacing one tire is not always an option. They gave me several options for a final solution (NOTE: this was on a Sunday) and were very courteous. I would give the Kansas City/Englewood Road store the highest rating available.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I was able to get my tires serviced in a timely manner with no appointment needed. The gentleman who took care of me, Joshua ** made my experience a great one! I would recommend this Big O Tires to others if they are looking for a good place to service their car's tires.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

He handle all my needs professionally, courteous, and in a timely matter! The previous place was not as nice! I would recommend this store @ 16880 W. Waddell Surprise AZ 85388. Awesome service! So happy.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I really enjoy going to Big O Tires. They’ve taken care of the little things free of charge for me. And on the bigger repairs have gone smoothly. They’re considerate of your time and the store associates go above and beyond in showing how much they value your business. Nathaniel at the Juan ** store in ABQ is the man.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Did an alignment at the SPID location in September 22 with a Groupon that was advertised heavily online. When it was completed the counter person Isabel told me that the printer was down and they couldn’t give me print out to show that the alignment was good now. I paid the additional shop fees and was given my receipt. My vehicle still seemed shaky but I work out of town and don’t use my car much and was leaving that week so I didn’t think much about it. I have been back in town for last two weeks and using my vehicle and I can really notice to shake now.

I brought it in today and asked about the 6-month warranty that is clearly listed on the receipt from Big O Tires and the manager Pete looks it over and tells me there is no warranty on Groupon purchases. I let him know that that was not something that was told to me and it clearly shows on receipt it has a warranty. It doesn’t show any Groupon exclusions or promo exclusions. He told me too bad it was a Groupon. When I asked for his name he told me and said to complain to corporate office. This is horrible business practices and to not honor the warranty is also bad business. I will make sure that everyone knows what type of service this manager Pete provides at the SPID location.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I took my car in to have the catalytic converter replaced. When the work was done he told me that it was good to go. Drove it 82 miles. Engine light came back on. Took to ford service dept to have diagnosis done. Still showed code 420 catalytic converter. Said they used after market converter. Took back. Guy who was helping said he told me they use aftermarket parts. Said they would replace and still not good. Think I deserve a full refund.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Bought all my vehicle tires and the warranty / flat repair from Cameron Park Big O. My wife's car had a tire with a leak. She took it to Big O Cameron Park where I bought them. It was 4PM, they close at 6PM. Big O said they didn't have time to check. She said she didn't mind waiting, as she had time and things with her to pass the time. She didn't say they were argumentative, but it seemed pretty close based on her account of events. She told them she could leave it and pick it up the next day. They finally agreed to just check the tire. Went from too busy to, we'll check it now. Weird. Anyway, they aired up the tire and told her everything seemed fine about a half hour later.

Shortly thereafter the low pressure indicator came on again. Same tire. I took the car back the next day. Explained what happened, must have been the same guy because he said he remembered. I told them they needed to check again. And hung out where I could see them complete the work this time. Low and behold they found a nail this time. Pretty shady way to do business in my opinion. But hey, that's just me.

Tire was actually repaired this time and no issues with that tire. At least when they do the work it's ok, but now have to wonder do they really do it when you aren't watching. It was clear they didn't the day before. Which brings me to another issue with the same Big O. I took in another vehicle about a year later (most recent issue which prompted this review). Different vehicle, another nail. This time they told me they didn't have time to deal with it when I arrived the first time. I said I'd come back the next day. They said that would be great. I show up the next morning and they seemed irritated to see me. Regardless, I told them what was up (again, bought the tires there and the warranty).

One of the guys came out looked at the tire for about 10 seconds and then said I needed to buy a new tire. Now I know I'm not the expert, but the nail was in the tread, not the side wall and they didn't even bother to look any further. I have had shops in the past warn me it may be an issue that requires replacement vs repair before they looked at it, but then they took the wheel, pulled the tire and told me it actually could be repaired. This guy didn't even bother. He just went straight to the new tire solution. I said I'd pass, he walked away with a parting shot of "suit yourself." After using Big O for tires for the past 10 or more years, and putting their tires on at least 5 vehicles, I can guarantee it will never happen again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Had 2 vehicles in to have it serviced and oil changed. Both vehicles after several days the check engine light came on. Both vehicles were taken back for the check engine light. One vehicle they charged us over 600 to repair and same thing with decoy vehicle taken in. After waiting over 8 hours they came back wanting to charge us over 3000 to repair. Beware after having your vehicle serviced at Big O Tires. This is a scammer company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

72% mark up on parts. Salesman attempted to sell products not asked for or needed using scare tactics. Work not completed in time stated. Salesman was rude and condescending. Overall bad experience. Will never go to any Big O store again.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Brought my outback in for brakes. 4 months later brake dust and squeaking started. Brought my car back and they said they would replace pads. One month later same thing again. Brought car to different brake place and they said brakes not greased causing the problems. Sloppy work. Will not use them again.

Big O Tires author review by Kathryn Parkman

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.

• Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.

• Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Big O Tires Company Information