Big O Tires

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

For the past eight years, I had used only Michelin Primacy MXV4's. A fantastic tire, but also very pricey. Decided that I just couldn't spend that much money again. Had used Big O a long time ago and had a good experience. Went to them and chose their Big O Tour Legacy Plus. They had all four tires installed and the car aligned in about an hour. So far, the tires are quiet, comfortable, vibration-free, and handle great. The only possible issue is that the gas mileage seems a little down. Nevertheless, I saved about $400 over what the dealer wanted for the Michelins and the alignment. I have no complaints.

They tell you anything to get you in their door only to waste your time and money! Last year, at my first interaction at Big O Tires, the tires I ordered weren't there at my appointment. I had to rearrange my family's schedule to come back the next day. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, this year I went to them for snow tires and was told 2-3 hour wait. 7 hours later!!! And no explanation along the way, except for when I sought an update. I will never go back.

On a cold wet day in November, my wife was returning home from grocery shopping. She was driving our 2006 Chevy Trailblazer when the front drivers side tire blew apart. We had only had this SUV for 3 weeks. To our disbelief, we had no spare, jack, or lug wrench. I contacted the Big O store that was about a half mile away. I was not a Big O customer in the past. They went way above and beyond anything I could possibly expect. They went and got my wife, and the truck, using a spare they had on hand, at no charge. They worked extremely hard to get us financed for a new set of tires, which was amazing considering our 550 credit score. They were kind and considerate, and never condescending. Bravo Big O in Corydon Indiana. You are the best of the best, second to none. You have a new lifetime customer.

My wife and I are in the low income range. She is owed over $25000 in back child support. She draws K-Tap money from the state of Kentucky because of the child support. She has $1500 of transportation money and spent $1,100 at this company. They put 4 new tires on it, suppose to put new brakes. After we drove it about 3 days it started to shake and the brakes were already rubbing. My wife had to have a major surgery and she was out of commission for 4 months and I go to school full time. The tires got so bad it jarred them off the wheels. Now they refuse to fix it and said the tires and brakes are not under warranty. Debbie from Glasgow is treating us like she is better than us and told us she could not even find where they done the work. This is the worst place I have ever been to and promise our story will not end this way.

Use major caution in any of these chain retail stores. Their opinion will reign supreme over the customers' property. Myself and many others have been victim of malpractice when having balancing service of rims/wheels at Big O. I have read horror stories of people's Mercedes rims being scratched and scuffed as well as Corvette and BMW owners have encountered. Long story short you get what you pay for with these places have low prices and "free" services on purpose mostly to sell you more product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

I purchased a new battery while I was visiting a family member. I needed a new battery, so I went into a franchise store to get a new battery. They had no batteries in stock. Next day I went to pick up the battery. On the sales slip in indicated 1 yr warranty. No written information given to me on the warranty. 11 months later the battery failed. This vehicle is my only means of transportation. I was stuck so I called the AAA and they came out and installed a new. The battery was the wrong part #, and that is why it would not work. I call the store and the person indicated that I should have gone to a Big O Tire store to have the battery replaced, but how do I get there with no running vehicle. I contacted the company home office and they said that I needed to have the battery for a refund. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE. Do NOT go to any of these stores, especially if you are not in your area. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

So, I get to store early and second in the door. I waited while 4 other customers went ahead of me and at that I was told by manager that these people had made arrangements the day before. That is I told him I called the day before and was told "You could not get a reserved time." There was no explanation TO MY DISREGARD. BIG O needs to check the policies.

I had a screw in my tire. I brought it to them and they took the screw out, patched the hole and filled the tire entirely free of charge. They were friendly and reasonably quick considering I wasn't paying for anything.

Took my car in to get 1 tire replaced at the Camden rd. colorado springs location and my husband had made the appointment the prior week. When I arrived the manager dave stated the appointment was not in the computer. I then called my husband to confirm who he spoke with and while I was on the phone the manager Dave asks his co worker about the appointment and then proceeded to yell at me "We found it, I couldn't ask because the was on the phone" referring to his co worker. He yelled to the point where my husband could hear him through the phone. I was humiliated to be treated as such and especially by a manager who clearly should not be in a position of manager. I will not return to Big O for any reason.

I was quoted $75.00 to have someone come to my house and repair a puncture to the tire of my John Deere lawn mower. Later, I got a call later saying it was repaired but is now $200.00. I could have gotten a new tire for that & was upset that nobody called to say it would be over double what was quoted. Feel taken because I'm a 58-year-old female.

On Wed July 22nd I had an oil change at the Big O Tires on Old Virginia in Reno, Nv. After it was completed the service rep. said I needed new pads on my front brakes but the rotors were fine. His estimate was for $223. I then made an appointment for 9:30 AM the next day. When I went to my appointment the fun began. First the new estimate was for $408. When I asked what happened to $233 they began taking services away until it was $233. Then I was told another car was ahead of me and they had another half hour on another car to finish. Thus my brake job was now a 4 1/2 hour wait.

I then made a new appointment for 8:00 Sat. morning. Come Sat. they took my car in at 8:00. By 8:10 the service rep. called me over and now told me my rotors had HEAT STRESS, and I would need new rotors. Needless to say I went elsewhere and I guess somehow my rotors got over their heat stress and my brakes were fixed with just new pads and adjustments.

All the warning lights came on while my wife was driving our Dodge Caliber. Then the car stopped running. The tow truck driver said it was definitely an electrical short somewhere. She took the car to Big O Tires in Boulder City NV. The first thing they told her was that the battery was low and that she needed to buy a new battery so they could test the electrical system. What a crock! After putting in the new battery they said her alternator was bad and had to be replaced. Both were new. Oops now it's the computer board. Five days later and $1700.00 in charges we got our car back. The same thing happened after 24 hours. We took it back and were told that it was a burnt wire. They replaced that at no charge.

Three days later it happened again. This time we took it to the dealer. The dealer told us that the wire was the problem the whole time, not the battery, alternator, or computer board. They told us we got ripped off. I got two more professional opinions and they all agreed with the dealer. Never go to this business for auto repairs! They are either into ripping people off intentionally or they suffer from extreme incompetence. This was the worst experience I have ever had with an auto repair facility. I have heard from several people in our town that once you take your car there you will have to return every few weeks. Must be true because it happened to us.

Over the years my husband has spent thousands of dollars on tires and alignments. In 2013 he brought in his Kodiak Chevy Dually. They sold him an alignment with understanding that it was good for as long as he owned the truck. This cost extra of course. Now in 2016 they say it was only for one year. He wouldn't have paid the extra money for only one year. Needless to say my husband is majorly pissed off. We won't recommend Big O again. We feel like the manager purposely misled my husband.

I went to the Big O tires on Colfax, off Colorado Blvd this AM and I was told it is going to take 3+ hours to change oil. Well, not sure how they are changing oil, but that is a joke. When I confronting the attendant, he proceeded to tell me it take 45 minutes and a little room for buffer. I politely told him at the worst, it should take .5 hours (that is will a couple of breaks looking at a playboy or something). I use to go to Big O for oil changes in the past, but when the front people don't know what they are talking about, I would rather do it myself or go somewhere else. They lost my business forever. I am never returning to any of them.

I personally have no issues at Big O Tires. I have bought four new tires there for my 4runner (trail edition) on two separate occasions. I drive my car pretty rough, off-trail on rock covered road and get flat tires all the time. Big O always patches my damaged tires for free and puts my spare back on my vehicle no questions asked. One time they exchanged a tire for free as well, I think it was under warranty. Additionally, yesterday I got two flat tires and left my car on the side of the road. When a friend brought me up to Big O to explain the situation, they just handed me a tire for free to put on my car so I could change out the flat and drive back there. They didn't even get my name. Yes Walmart is cheaper I'm sure, but I'd like the service I get at Big O.

For years I had been taking my vehicle to Wal-mart ($10.00) for tire rotation every 3k miles. Someone said I should try Big O ($16.80), which was closer. They used floor jacks instead of the lift for some reason and did one side at a time. I could only see them do the side closest to the window. A day later I was checking the tire pressures as I always do, and noticed that they had crushed the bottom edge of the rocker panel with their jack. I talked to them about it and they said it was that way when I brought it in. It cost me $350 to have a body shop straighten and repaint it. If I could give them less than one star, I would.

I took my car in on Tuesday morning at about 10:30am. Needed 2 front tires and an alignment. They said it would take about an hour to 1.5 hours. So I went with my friend down the street for bagels. Came back, paid for the service and left. On my way from Berkeley to Hayward, I realized I needed gas so stopped to do so. That's when I realized my $100 bill was missing but my $10 bill and $1 bills were still in there. Ok this is crazy. I know it was just in there. I just saw it. Like literally. Then I notice my credit card is missing but my debit card is still there. Now I know I'm not going crazy.

Then I notice the birthday card that I had to send to my aunt was also missing, my favorite sunglasses that weren't cheap were gone from their case, a watch with a dead battery that my dad gave me - gone, 3 vape pens and their chargers. They even stole a charger for something they didn't take so now that is no good to me any more either. They took a pair of earrings also and a ring that was completely buried in the center console. None of these items were out in the open; they were all in something that was completely closed and covered. I'm not sure exactly what else was taken but the money maybe I myself could have misplaced it. But to leave the other bills, and to steal all the other stuff just makes it a blatant disrespect. They may as well have just said ** you to me and then called me a **.

I called many times to speak with the manager that day and he just pretended to take it seriously by saying he was investigating. Wow. What coward liars. Anyway so then I'm on the freeway and I can't go over 65 with out the car shaking feeling as if I'm driving on a bridge on a tremendously windy day in a tiny car. If I let loose on the steering wheel it veers off to the right very quickly. So apparently an alignment was never done. Once I get to my destination, I look and they didn't even bother to rotate my tires when they put the two new tires on. That's basic tire 101 I would assume for an actual tire shop where they actually specialize basically just in tires and brakes too and not just any regular car shop.

So at this point, not only am I now taking it personal because they blatantly stole numerous items, didn't put the tires on correctly, but didn't even do the extra work for the alignment that I did pay for with cash and have the receipt, but I'm beyond pissed. Whichever employee(s) did this lame act is a total and complete coward bully with most likely a mini man complex. Miserable little trolls to operate in such a way. Apparently they plan on changing tires forever or nothing at all since that can't even be done correctly. Don't bother going to these cocky jerks.

Big O Tires has performed horrendous acts on my car including cutting my ABS line. I can't get resolve. Big O customer service will not handle my claim and the store itself will refused to handle my claim after they said they would call me back and never did even though I left several messages. Don't go to Big O Tires, can't even screw on a oil cap. Costing me more money than worth.

Won't schedule an appointment for 2 days to fix a flat (their brand tire). What kind of service is that? I went to Discount Tire and they fixed it in 30 minutes. No way am I going to put up with that level of service... No more Big O for me!

After responding to an ad I went to Big O in Yuma, AZ. After a five hour wait, I was confronted by a man behind the counter who exhibited the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life...and I am 79 years old!!! One bright spot was Sophia who tried to make it right with me but honestly, I was beyond any offer at that point. To make matters worse, the man standing next to her behind the counter told me to "Get out". There is more but I will not bore you with the details. I wrote an evaluation to the store, but there is NO EXCUSE for the aggressive and rude customer service I received! Who trains those people? Where was the management? What goes on behind closed doors with your car when this behavior goes on in the front service room? Think twice before going to Big O!

Don't do business here! Today I brought in my car to have 2 wheels rebalanced and mounted. They took my car to the back where nobody could see what was going on. They jacked up my car underneath the front fender to get to the wheel. They put the jack on the bottom of the fender, not on the brace they are suppose to in order to lift the car properly and bent the crap out of the bottom of the fender making it out of alignment with the door. After confronting them about it they said it was like that when it got there and my fault even though it was obviously caused by their jack (the bends in the metal are shaped like the round top of a jack).

These guys have no clue what they are doing and can't even man up to their mistakes. In the past I have taken many vehicles to them thinking they were good and have been satisfied but after today they have lost my business. Either go somewhere else or take pictures of your car before you hand them the keys to prove their fault if something happens.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After going to a few other places to get estimates for the same job that BIG O did, we went back to BIG O and calmly talked to them, telling them that we felt like we got overcharged. We ended up getting $500.00 returned to us. Pretty happy about that.

Beth of St. Albert, AB on

Original Review

We are staying in our 5th wheel near Maricopa. We wanted to get new tires on our 5th wheel. While they had the tires off, they inspected the brakes. They found that the brake seals were leaking. There was grease all over the magnets and pads and drums. They told us that the drums were scored and should be replaced and the whole backing plate had to be replaced since the brake pads and magnets are all part of it. I'm not bothered by the backing plates being replaced but after further research, I've discovered that the drums did not need to be replaced.

The part that really gets me is the fact that the whole job of re-doing the brakes (4 - dual axle) cost almost $2500. Boy did we get ripped off. I've already gotten 1 other quote, from an RV dealer no less, and it came to about $1500, even with the drums that we didn't need. The drums on the new quote were $69.00 and the cost that we paid was $159.00. We didn't know what this whole job should have cost elsewhere or we never would have paid that much. In casual conversation with the manager, he told us that his shop is the 2nd busiest in the country and they do over $10 mil/year in business. At the rate they charged us no wonder they're making so much money. :o(

About 2 months ago I put new tires on my van, $600 which included hazard warranty and new sensors and an alignment. 2 days after I am on the freeway, driving and my car starts wrenching to the right. I take the van back in and they supposedly fix it. A few days later goes by, no problem and I am driving my kids home from a doc appointment and the car starts wrenching to the right again, so I take it back in. The manager says he fixed the alignment this time. Well after that my car still wrenches to the right 2 months later. I'm pissed beyond belief and now my low tire sensor kicks on and I go and have them put air in my tires yesterday. Well I drive off and my low tire light is still on. Well as of today I'm fuming and my light is still on so I take the car back to them.

I go into their building where there are about 6 workers in the office and it takes a minute for anyone to come out and see if I need help. When someone finally comes out I explain to him my situation with the light still on and he tells me well if you can wait for 2 hrs we can have your car looked at. I explain to him I cannot wait that long to have my tire light checked out and he tells me, "We only have one guy working the tire department." So all of these men in the office cannot check a light much less to see if it's my tire still low?!? WTF is that? How do you get to be a manager or office person in an auto company and cannot check a damn tire?!? You need a new profession then. Needless to say, I left extremely pissed off and will not be returning to the big O Tires ever again!!! The customer service sucks and if you have 6 managers who don't know how to check tires then you need to get some new employees!!!

I went to Big O in Woodland Park, CO to get winter tires. I told the sales person everything I needed including a oil change and new wipers along with the 4 tires. She gave me an invoice for $623.98 and told me to come in at 9am the next day. It would take about 1 1/2 hr. I came in as requested. It took until 11:30 for the job to be done, changing a appt. that I made expecting to get out of there earlier. Then she gave me the bill $708.48. When I asked why, she said she forgot to add the oil change and wipers on the orig invoice. When I double checked she was correct but that error should have been told to me at 9 am so I could have decided whether or not it was worth $84.44 to get a oil change and wipers. I would not have agreed! I will never go back this store again.

I am writing to express my concern and disappointment with the quality of the repairs I have received at the Big O outlet (#5034) located at 9720 Elk Grove-Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624. Off the top, I want to stress that I have received nothing but good service from ** at the store. He has been courteous and professional. My problem lies with the work being performed in the shop. The one name that seems to appear on the work orders is technician **.

The story begins as follows. In March (3/21/15) I needed new tires for my 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4WD TRD and came to the shop and purchased 4 BFG All Terrain T/A tires. (Invoice # **). I was told at the time that I had worn out front ball joints and that my rack and pinion left inner shaft had excess movement. Replacement was suggested. I thought this was reasonable. The truck is 15 years old and I had not had occasion to replace them. I approved the work.

I brought the truck back in and had the work done 3/28/15 (Invoice # **). The work was performed by **, at a cost of $1239.15. I went on a camping trip in May. No rock crawling. Nothing crazy. I ran the truck on the same roads as I had the prior 13 years with no problems. Upon my return, I noticed a definite problem. When turning to the left, the truck worked fine, however, the steering struggled to come back to center. It felt like the power steering had gone out. Right turns were not a problem.

I took the truck back the shop 5/30/15. They warranted the rack and pinion and put a new power steering pump in at a cost of $416.20 (Invoice # **). The pump was apparently switched on suspicion since no one could definitively say it was failing or had failed. The work was performed by ** AND **. I had never had a single issue with my steering in any way before taking the advice of swapping out my rack and pinion.

In late September the same left turn issue returned and I took the truck into the shop in October (10/12/15). They warranted the power steering pump (Invoice # **). The technician was not listed on the paperwork. I was not charged for the visit, but had a disturbing contact with employee **. He told me that though they replaced the pump the issue was still present. He also told me that he talked to some of the other employees who he said were familiar with Toyotas and told me that the left turn situation was normal. I find that incredible. In the 13 years I have owned the truck I have NEVER ONCE experienced the left turn difficulties. Further, if the situation was normal, then why did they warranty the power steering pump? Needless to say, I was upset by this and did not trust the information I had received.

I took my car to a local shop, Auto Tech on 10/17/15. I had them do a diagnostic which cost me $80 (Invoice # **). I was told that they had never heard of the steering difficulty with a Tacoma to be a normal occurrence. Further, they indicated the current rack and pinion (second one installed) was either defective/damaged or installed incorrectly. They also said that the steering shaft had been reconnected incorrectly and was off by 2 or three teeth.

This got me thinking that if the rack was defective, or improperly installed, then I probably did not need the power steering pump that was installed 5/30/15. I now feel I paid $416.20 unnecessarily. I feel this is proven by the fact that on 10/12/15 they replaced that pump and the problem did not go away. It seems it must have been the rack and pinion all along but it was trying to be passed off as normal. Also, in diagnosing the problem on 10/12/15, how did the Big O technician miss the issue with the rack and pinion? Why did they just replace the power steering pump? How was my steering shaft off by two or three teeth? How was that not seen in the prior trips to Big O?

I took the Tacoma back to Big O on 10/21/15. They again warranted the rack and pinion (Invoice # **). I had asked them to use a different brand since the previous two units were apparently defective (or incorrectly installed). They said they did as I asked. The technicians again listed on the invoice were ** AND **. Since with the THIRD rack and pinion installed hopefully correctly, the problem of the left turn has been resolved. I feel this is further evidence of an unneeded power steering being installed at my expense.

Last week I noticed a red fluid dripping from beneath the truck. It looked to be seeping from the brand new rack unit. I took the truck into the shop today, 11/13/15. I spoke with **, who again was professional and courteous, and I advised him that I am really tired of having to bring my truck in constantly. I told him that I NEVER had any kind of steering issue at all with this truck until they started working on it and that I had lost confidence in them. He asked if he could look at it. We walked to the truck and I pointed out the leak, ran a finger on the seeping area and showed him the red fluid. He asked if he could have the chance to look at the problem more closely. I told him that is fine, but I do not want them to do any work on the truck, I just want my money back for the apparently unneeded power steering pump and I will take the truck elsewhere to be fixed.

** called back a few minutes ago (about 9:15 am 11/13/15) and advised me that upon inspecting the new rack unit they found a leaking O-ring, replaced it (Invoice # **) and ran the truck for a while and noticed no further leaks. I asked him how could an O-ring less than 2 months old fail. He said it sometimes happens. I asked if it had been installed incorrectly. He said he did not think so. He said come get the truck and run it a while and see if any similar issues arise, If so, bring the truck back in and they will take it to the next level.

Here are my thoughts. I never had a single steering related issue with this truck prior to March 2015 when I followed Big O's recommendations and replaced my rack and pinion. I am on my third rack. How likely is it that the prior two were defective? I am on the second power steering pump. How likely is it that the first replacement was defective? I feel it is far more likely that incorrect or incompetent workmanship is the more likely cause: The same guy worked on my truck each time. Another shop even commented on the work. I believe shoddy workmanship regarding the rack and pinion was the cause of the power steering pump even being involved. And now three racks and two pumps later still more evidence of what? A defective O-ring or incompetent work? Which seems more likely?

I feel I should be reimbursed for the unnecessary replacement of my steering pump ($416.20) and the diagnostic ($80) I had to have from the other shop that pointed out Big Os failures. I ask that Big O reimburse me for a total of $496.20. I believe this is fair and more than supported by the facts. I am not asking for any compensation for my time spent on repeated trips to the shop. I just want my money back for what appears to be an unnecessary replacement of the original power steering pump. I am NOT interested in store credit. I want my money back. I will wait for a reasonable time for you to respond before pursuing action with the BAR, BBB and any other forum I think might be able to help me. I am more than willing to discuss the matter at any time.

I left in 4 rims and 4 snow tires. They called to say 2 of the rings were the wrong size. So they took the rims off 2 of the regular tires. All good. I part the bill and get my truck. 1 tire and 3 rims are in the bed. Where are the other 3 tires and the rim? Evidently they were in the back on someone else's truck... who paid for them as new. What is wrong with these people? They were rude and seemed put out that I was paying for their services. WTF!? They over-charged for their services and I had to beg for my property.

After having to leave car 2 full days & rent a car to get around while on a 4 day vacation to visit daughter, car still not repaired. Was told bearing needed to be replaced approx $379 plus tax. But they were having trouble getting it off & needed to order a tool from another city to do job. Daughter took car back in the next week & after another full day of car being there, the charges to my CC were more than twice the amount discussed. They charged me for the tool they needed to do their job. I was devastated when over $898 hit my CC & contacted store. They were nice & apologetic, said they showed my daughter the rusted arms, but she had no clue why. Get cost it in writing!!!

I purchased tires at Big O Tires in La Mirada, CA. From day one I have had problems with the tires going flat. After a year and a half of going back on a monthly basis I was told it was my fault that my struts are bad. That never came up once the whole year and a half I was going back. Now I have to purchase brand new tires again since my tires are bald now.

Brought my car to install new wheels, tires and tps sensors and get it aligned. After leaving the car all day to get the job done I picked it up to find out the car was vibrating while driving, the computer was telling me the pressure on all tires was ZERO, and it kept pulling to one side. I brought it back to this location and waited about 3 more hours while they check it again. After that they told me that my car computer was bad and I need it to replace it (but my old wheels and tires were working fine) or the wheels' sensors were bad but they were more than happy to sell them to me without guaranteeing me that they will work. I decided to leave after the manager James got a nasty attitude when I started to ask questions.

I brought it to Community Tire Pros the following day to see what the problem was and this is what they find out. The car uses stagger tires. Well Big O mounted one wide tire in LF and one thin tire in RF, one thin tire in the RL and one wide tire in the RR. The tires that I got installed by Big O are directional so Community found one of the front tires was reversed. The wheel balancing that Big O did: WRONG, WRONG. Community had to balance each tire again. When they went to check the alignment they found out that all the factory bolts to the suspension were still paint sealed from the factory, meaning Big O never aligned it but they sure charge me for it. About the bad computer and bad sensors??? Well Big O don't even know how to program the computer to the new sensors. Sensors and computer were good and working fine since community programmed them.

Community checks the car for dings and/or scratches, they find out that two of my NEW wheels were scratched. It happened when they balanced the tires, they used the wrong tools to do so. Now I have two scratched wheels. I will not recommend this place not even to put air on your tires. I have never been in a tire place that don't even know how to mount a tire, program tire sensors and not even how to balance a tire.

Late Sept. 2015, I went in for oil change and radiator flush changes. Vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Liberty with a 2.8L diesel engine that was only manufactured years 2005 & 06. Admittedly you don't see these often and there are not a lot of them running around, but this one has done well and purred like a kitten. Jeep has 170K miles, and is mostly used on long trips between Az., and southern Calif. Required oil weight is a 0W-40, synthetic, which I always provide myself to Big O. They then charge only for the labor. I also bring all the appropriate filters as well. The difference this time was the request for the radiator flush.

Brought Jeep in early a.m. Completion was promised by 3:00 PM. At 11:30 a.m. I received a call from Big O saying the oil change was completed, but the Jeep would not start and therefore they could not complete the radiator work. It was agreed to allow the Jeep to "rest" for several hours. The 3 PM completion hour came and went with the Jeep still unable to start. I was leaving for the weekend, so I told Big O we would reconnoiter the situation on Monday. Vehicle still was inoperable on Monday, and I had the Jeep picked up and towed to the local Jeep dealer.

Jeep dealer called almost immediately stating there was water in the oil chamber, pistons and the motor was vapor-locked, almost an instant death sentence. The dealer then drained, changed oil and filter again and did other various diagnostic tests etc., to get the Jeep back into running condition. Dealer reported that we had essentially dodged a bullet avoiding the vapor-lock, and recommended that long type trips should possibly be avoided for the next 1000 - 2000 miles. It's been close to the 1000 mile use, at month's end and vehicle is in fact running well. I am now appealing to Big-O to reimburse me for dealer repair and tow bill, total of just $900. I'll report if that falls on deaf ears or not.

Compare Tires