Big O Tires

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought Big O Tires for our Honda Accord at the Louisville Colorado Big O Tires. The warranty is for three years and ends in January 2018. My daughter took the car to Montana. While there one of the tires was rotten and had a flat. She went to a tire dealer since there was no Big O Tires in Billings Montana. The tire store said that all the tires were rotten and that Big O did not clean the rim before putting the tires on my car. Poor quality tires.

We brought the tires back to the store in Louisville CO and they will not stand behind the warranty. They said the problem is our 2006 Honda car and it caused the tires to rot. What?? The warranty is not up until January 2018. I have never had such poor customer service. I may take some legal action since this is so unbelievable and I have the testimony of the tire store in Montana. They will confirm the problem was no proper installation, did not clean the rims and that it is not my car causing their tires to rot. Do not buy tires at Big O. They do not stand behind the warranty.

DO NOT TAKE ANY VEHICLE TO THESE THIEVES!!! IF you must, make sure to remove anything that is not welded to the vehicle, then STAY with your vehicle shotgun in hand and be ready to use it!!! As a disabled veteran, I took my vehicle in for an oil change and to purchase tires. I then drove the two hours home. Upon my next trip to Lexington, I needed to park and went to put out my handicapped parking placard, and it was missing! The only people that had been in my vehicle are the lowlife thieving scumbags at Big O Tires! After contacting the company and asking how to recover a placard, one the state will not replace for three years, they tell me they have no recourse. They are not responsible. The can go to HELL!!! I beg everyone to avoid these lying, cheating, thieving SOBs like you would the plague!!!

I wanted to let everyone know that the Big O Tires store on the east side of Flagstaff located at 2469 N Walgreen Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 is the best store to go to for all your needs. I have been going there for years and the customer service is the best. They have always bent over backwards for me and for that I am grateful. Thank you ** (manager) for everything you have done for me.

The store manager is a very big liar. His name is Dan... Telling me that my whole front end would need redone so he could align it. Big O rips people off everyday. I will tell everyone I know about this so they won't go there. That's what they do to people who don't know any better but I do.

I went to Big O because I got to a car accident and now when I step on the car pedal, it make a roaringly sound at me. I drop my car off, they give a call and say they drove it and there's nothing wrong with it. So the next day I come over and drove it with the guy inside the car, who made me wait when he first come in and act like he doesn't even want to be there. I pointed out the noise I hear and he say that's normal and there's nothing wrong with my car. I drove that car for two years I would know if something is off. I even explain it to him, and he wasn't going to do anything about it. "It's fine," he say, I was so stress out I even cry. He act like I don't know what I'm talking about. So, after I drop him off I went somewhere else, who drove the car and took all but ten mins to fix my problem. I try leaving a review on their page but it not even going through. I'm never using them ever for anything ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Highly unprofessional, irresponsible service and techs. Where do I begin? Last Monday on January 23, 2017 I went to Big O Tires to have both of my rear tires replaced due to low tread wear. This was the first time visiting a Big O as I usually use Discount Tire for my tire and suspension needs. I was assisted by the Store Manager, Jaime, who quoted me the price of the tires and informed me that it would be between 1 and 1 1/2 hours for them to finish.

After an hour, Jaime notifies me that I have some "issues" with my vehicle and starts trying to feed me a lie about how my power steering pump is going out which can be seen by the color of the fluid. He also informs me that they spent about 20 minutes tearing my dash apart to access my cabin air filter which "needs" to be replaced even though it was just replaced about two months earlier. Basically they spent one hour tearing my vehicle apart just to try and upsell me with their BS. Now for the good part...

Today as I was driving home from work, my brand new tire on the right rear blew out. I contacted the Big O Tires that replaced the tires a week ago and spoke with Jaime again. He tells me that I would have to buy a new tire because I declined the road hazard warranty. This would make sense if it was NOT still covered under the manufacturer's warranty and since there are no foreign objects in the tire, it should be replaced at no cost to me. Jaime didn't want to listen as I quoted the warranty directly from their invoice and had no intention of using any form of customer service.

Unfortunately Big O Tires has lost a customer straight from the get-go. I will be going to Discount Tire tomorrow to replace the bad tire. I will also be sending the failed tire back to the manufacturer and if it is discovered that a foreign object was placed or accidentally introduced into the tire during installation, I will proceed with litigation for business negligence. I would NOT recommend Big O Tires to anybody since, in my opinion, they are more concerned about upselling than customer service.

The Service and quality of Big O Tires is Awesome. First of all the reason I went with the Big O tires was because I had some 10 ply Big Foot tires on my trailer and they performed so good that I was willing to try the all season radials on my all wheel drive SUV. They have done so good on the car that I will most likely go back with the same tires when they need updating! The all season radials are at 32,000 and they still look great. They are Great for driving in the rain and do real good off road also.

I've been a Big-O customer for more than fifty years. Right from their startup. But not any more. The Big-O of today is not yesterday's Big-O. I just put new tires on my pickup and I paid a high price for them because I didn't argue about their exorbitant charges for "mounting," "balancing," and more dippy-do junk that was always included in the price of the tires. Go Costco, get high quality tires for same or much lower prices. I would have save $300 had I been smart enough before buying. And it took them 3 hours to do a less than one-hour job. I got to the appointment on time but had to sit there and wait while they jacked my truck up and let sit there all that time. This is not a good company any more.

So a couple months ago I had Big O do brakes on my 2014 F150. When we left I had no brakes so I took truck back and they said they had to bleed the brakes, drove out again and still only had half my braking capabilities as before but thought it was just cheap pads. Now fast forward two months to today. Went to Ford to have an oil change done and truck serviced when Ford Mechanic told me I had serious problems with my brakes. Long story short my rotors are shot. Brakes are shot. Big O had put my brakes on backwards and upside down and now are refusing to pay for damage, this people could have very easily killed my family since we live in the Rocky mountains and travel steep passes all the time. Guess next stop is a court room, please if you value your property and lives don't do business with Big O Mechanics.

For the past eight years, I had used only Michelin Primacy MXV4's. A fantastic tire, but also very pricey. Decided that I just couldn't spend that much money again. Had used Big O a long time ago and had a good experience. Went to them and chose their Big O Tour Legacy Plus. They had all four tires installed and the car aligned in about an hour. So far, the tires are quiet, comfortable, vibration-free, and handle great. The only possible issue is that the gas mileage seems a little down. Nevertheless, I saved about $400 over what the dealer wanted for the Michelins and the alignment. I have no complaints.

They tell you anything to get you in their door only to waste your time and money! Last year, at my first interaction at Big O Tires, the tires I ordered weren't there at my appointment. I had to rearrange my family's schedule to come back the next day. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, this year I went to them for snow tires and was told 2-3 hour wait. 7 hours later!!! And no explanation along the way, except for when I sought an update. I will never go back.

On a cold wet day in November, my wife was returning home from grocery shopping. She was driving our 2006 Chevy Trailblazer when the front drivers side tire blew apart. We had only had this SUV for 3 weeks. To our disbelief, we had no spare, jack, or lug wrench. I contacted the Big O store that was about a half mile away. I was not a Big O customer in the past. They went way above and beyond anything I could possibly expect. They went and got my wife, and the truck, using a spare they had on hand, at no charge. They worked extremely hard to get us financed for a new set of tires, which was amazing considering our 550 credit score. They were kind and considerate, and never condescending. Bravo Big O in Corydon Indiana. You are the best of the best, second to none. You have a new lifetime customer.

My wife and I are in the low income range. She is owed over $25000 in back child support. She draws K-Tap money from the state of Kentucky because of the child support. She has $1500 of transportation money and spent $1,100 at this company. They put 4 new tires on it, suppose to put new brakes. After we drove it about 3 days it started to shake and the brakes were already rubbing. My wife had to have a major surgery and she was out of commission for 4 months and I go to school full time. The tires got so bad it jarred them off the wheels. Now they refuse to fix it and said the tires and brakes are not under warranty. Debbie from Glasgow is treating us like she is better than us and told us she could not even find where they done the work. This is the worst place I have ever been to and promise our story will not end this way.

Use major caution in any of these chain retail stores. Their opinion will reign supreme over the customers' property. Myself and many others have been victim of malpractice when having balancing service of rims/wheels at Big O. I have read horror stories of people's Mercedes rims being scratched and scuffed as well as Corvette and BMW owners have encountered. Long story short you get what you pay for with these places have low prices and "free" services on purpose mostly to sell you more product!

I purchased a new battery while I was visiting a family member. I needed a new battery, so I went into a franchise store to get a new battery. They had no batteries in stock. Next day I went to pick up the battery. On the sales slip in indicated 1 yr warranty. No written information given to me on the warranty. 11 months later the battery failed. This vehicle is my only means of transportation. I was stuck so I called the AAA and they came out and installed a new. The battery was the wrong part #, and that is why it would not work. I call the store and the person indicated that I should have gone to a Big O Tire store to have the battery replaced, but how do I get there with no running vehicle. I contacted the company home office and they said that I needed to have the battery for a refund. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE. Do NOT go to any of these stores, especially if you are not in your area. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

So, I get to store early and second in the door. I waited while 4 other customers went ahead of me and at that I was told by manager that these people had made arrangements the day before. That is I told him I called the day before and was told "You could not get a reserved time." There was no explanation TO MY DISREGARD. BIG O needs to check the policies.

I had a screw in my tire. I brought it to them and they took the screw out, patched the hole and filled the tire entirely free of charge. They were friendly and reasonably quick considering I wasn't paying for anything.

Took my car in to get 1 tire replaced at the Camden rd. colorado springs location and my husband had made the appointment the prior week. When I arrived the manager dave stated the appointment was not in the computer. I then called my husband to confirm who he spoke with and while I was on the phone the manager Dave asks his co worker about the appointment and then proceeded to yell at me "We found it, I couldn't ask because the was on the phone" referring to his co worker. He yelled to the point where my husband could hear him through the phone. I was humiliated to be treated as such and especially by a manager who clearly should not be in a position of manager. I will not return to Big O for any reason.

I was quoted $75.00 to have someone come to my house and repair a puncture to the tire of my John Deere lawn mower. Later, I got a call later saying it was repaired but is now $200.00. I could have gotten a new tire for that & was upset that nobody called to say it would be over double what was quoted. Feel taken because I'm a 58-year-old female.

On Wed July 22nd I had an oil change at the Big O Tires on Old Virginia in Reno, Nv. After it was completed the service rep. said I needed new pads on my front brakes but the rotors were fine. His estimate was for $223. I then made an appointment for 9:30 AM the next day. When I went to my appointment the fun began. First the new estimate was for $408. When I asked what happened to $233 they began taking services away until it was $233. Then I was told another car was ahead of me and they had another half hour on another car to finish. Thus my brake job was now a 4 1/2 hour wait.

I then made a new appointment for 8:00 Sat. morning. Come Sat. they took my car in at 8:00. By 8:10 the service rep. called me over and now told me my rotors had HEAT STRESS, and I would need new rotors. Needless to say I went elsewhere and I guess somehow my rotors got over their heat stress and my brakes were fixed with just new pads and adjustments.

All the warning lights came on while my wife was driving our Dodge Caliber. Then the car stopped running. The tow truck driver said it was definitely an electrical short somewhere. She took the car to Big O Tires in Boulder City NV. The first thing they told her was that the battery was low and that she needed to buy a new battery so they could test the electrical system. What a crock! After putting in the new battery they said her alternator was bad and had to be replaced. Both were new. Oops now it's the computer board. Five days later and $1700.00 in charges we got our car back. The same thing happened after 24 hours. We took it back and were told that it was a burnt wire. They replaced that at no charge.

Three days later it happened again. This time we took it to the dealer. The dealer told us that the wire was the problem the whole time, not the battery, alternator, or computer board. They told us we got ripped off. I got two more professional opinions and they all agreed with the dealer. Never go to this business for auto repairs! They are either into ripping people off intentionally or they suffer from extreme incompetence. This was the worst experience I have ever had with an auto repair facility. I have heard from several people in our town that once you take your car there you will have to return every few weeks. Must be true because it happened to us.

Over the years my husband has spent thousands of dollars on tires and alignments. In 2013 he brought in his Kodiak Chevy Dually. They sold him an alignment with understanding that it was good for as long as he owned the truck. This cost extra of course. Now in 2016 they say it was only for one year. He wouldn't have paid the extra money for only one year. Needless to say my husband is majorly pissed off. We won't recommend Big O again. We feel like the manager purposely misled my husband.

I went to the Big O tires on Colfax, off Colorado Blvd this AM and I was told it is going to take 3+ hours to change oil. Well, not sure how they are changing oil, but that is a joke. When I confronting the attendant, he proceeded to tell me it take 45 minutes and a little room for buffer. I politely told him at the worst, it should take .5 hours (that is will a couple of breaks looking at a playboy or something). I use to go to Big O for oil changes in the past, but when the front people don't know what they are talking about, I would rather do it myself or go somewhere else. They lost my business forever. I am never returning to any of them.

I personally have no issues at Big O Tires. I have bought four new tires there for my 4runner (trail edition) on two separate occasions. I drive my car pretty rough, off-trail on rock covered road and get flat tires all the time. Big O always patches my damaged tires for free and puts my spare back on my vehicle no questions asked. One time they exchanged a tire for free as well, I think it was under warranty. Additionally, yesterday I got two flat tires and left my car on the side of the road. When a friend brought me up to Big O to explain the situation, they just handed me a tire for free to put on my car so I could change out the flat and drive back there. They didn't even get my name. Yes Walmart is cheaper I'm sure, but I'd like the service I get at Big O.

For years I had been taking my vehicle to Wal-mart ($10.00) for tire rotation every 3k miles. Someone said I should try Big O ($16.80), which was closer. They used floor jacks instead of the lift for some reason and did one side at a time. I could only see them do the side closest to the window. A day later I was checking the tire pressures as I always do, and noticed that they had crushed the bottom edge of the rocker panel with their jack. I talked to them about it and they said it was that way when I brought it in. It cost me $350 to have a body shop straighten and repaint it. If I could give them less than one star, I would.

I took my car in on Tuesday morning at about 10:30am. Needed 2 front tires and an alignment. They said it would take about an hour to 1.5 hours. So I went with my friend down the street for bagels. Came back, paid for the service and left. On my way from Berkeley to Hayward, I realized I needed gas so stopped to do so. That's when I realized my $100 bill was missing but my $10 bill and $1 bills were still in there. Ok this is crazy. I know it was just in there. I just saw it. Like literally. Then I notice my credit card is missing but my debit card is still there. Now I know I'm not going crazy.

Then I notice the birthday card that I had to send to my aunt was also missing, my favorite sunglasses that weren't cheap were gone from their case, a watch with a dead battery that my dad gave me - gone, 3 vape pens and their chargers. They even stole a charger for something they didn't take so now that is no good to me any more either. They took a pair of earrings also and a ring that was completely buried in the center console. None of these items were out in the open; they were all in something that was completely closed and covered. I'm not sure exactly what else was taken but the money maybe I myself could have misplaced it. But to leave the other bills, and to steal all the other stuff just makes it a blatant disrespect. They may as well have just said ** you to me and then called me a **.

I called many times to speak with the manager that day and he just pretended to take it seriously by saying he was investigating. Wow. What coward liars. Anyway so then I'm on the freeway and I can't go over 65 with out the car shaking feeling as if I'm driving on a bridge on a tremendously windy day in a tiny car. If I let loose on the steering wheel it veers off to the right very quickly. So apparently an alignment was never done. Once I get to my destination, I look and they didn't even bother to rotate my tires when they put the two new tires on. That's basic tire 101 I would assume for an actual tire shop where they actually specialize basically just in tires and brakes too and not just any regular car shop.

So at this point, not only am I now taking it personal because they blatantly stole numerous items, didn't put the tires on correctly, but didn't even do the extra work for the alignment that I did pay for with cash and have the receipt, but I'm beyond pissed. Whichever employee(s) did this lame act is a total and complete coward bully with most likely a mini man complex. Miserable little trolls to operate in such a way. Apparently they plan on changing tires forever or nothing at all since that can't even be done correctly. Don't bother going to these cocky jerks.

Big O Tires has performed horrendous acts on my car including cutting my ABS line. I can't get resolve. Big O customer service will not handle my claim and the store itself will refused to handle my claim after they said they would call me back and never did even though I left several messages. Don't go to Big O Tires, can't even screw on a oil cap. Costing me more money than worth.

Won't schedule an appointment for 2 days to fix a flat (their brand tire). What kind of service is that? I went to Discount Tire and they fixed it in 30 minutes. No way am I going to put up with that level of service... No more Big O for me!

After responding to an ad I went to Big O in Yuma, AZ. After a five hour wait, I was confronted by a man behind the counter who exhibited the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life...and I am 79 years old!!! One bright spot was Sophia who tried to make it right with me but honestly, I was beyond any offer at that point. To make matters worse, the man standing next to her behind the counter told me to "Get out". There is more but I will not bore you with the details. I wrote an evaluation to the store, but there is NO EXCUSE for the aggressive and rude customer service I received! Who trains those people? Where was the management? What goes on behind closed doors with your car when this behavior goes on in the front service room? Think twice before going to Big O!

Don't do business here! Today I brought in my car to have 2 wheels rebalanced and mounted. They took my car to the back where nobody could see what was going on. They jacked up my car underneath the front fender to get to the wheel. They put the jack on the bottom of the fender, not on the brace they are suppose to in order to lift the car properly and bent the crap out of the bottom of the fender making it out of alignment with the door. After confronting them about it they said it was like that when it got there and my fault even though it was obviously caused by their jack (the bends in the metal are shaped like the round top of a jack).

These guys have no clue what they are doing and can't even man up to their mistakes. In the past I have taken many vehicles to them thinking they were good and have been satisfied but after today they have lost my business. Either go somewhere else or take pictures of your car before you hand them the keys to prove their fault if something happens.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a group of independent tire dealers. Today the company has 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.

• Warranty: Big O offers an easy to understand 3-year limited warranty that includes free tire rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.
  • Wheel visualization tool: Consumers can pair tires and wheels virtually through the company website to see what their purchase will look like on their car or truck.
  • Special offers: By signing up on the Big O website, consumers can receive special offers such as coupons and product information.
  • Full service: Big O offers several auto services backed by a nationwide warranty and performed by ASE certified technicians.
  • Best for Light truck and SUV drivers, winter, run-flats passenger vehicle drivers and off-road drivers.

Compare Tires