toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My Computer Works

Michael, thank you for being a loyal customer! We are very happy we can help you out. Thanks for the review!

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have been a satisfied client of My Computer Works for about two years. It is good to know that someone so efficient, knowledgeable and timely has my back. The subscription pays for itself. They provide service that goes well beyond any software or malware problems.

My Computer Works

Patricia, we are so glad to hear you enjoy our services. Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 11, 2017

Knowledgeable and nice. Also persistent. Fixed problems I have had for a long time. Highly recommend!! Took care of my problems while I did other work. Very tolerant of my lack of knowledge in this area. Did I mention kind and funny? Called me back and worked hard to resolve problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Anthony did an great job. Was very polite and helpful. I so much appreciate the good job. My computer was hacked and Anthony removed all the software they had installed and reset everything so I am safe again. Thanks Again.

My Computer Works

We are so happy that we were able to help you! Thank you for your review, Kathy!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I've been a customer of My Computer Works for over 4 years now, since I was hacked by Ransomware and went looking for help. At 67 years old and very UNtech savvy, they've been a lifesaver ever since. $39.95/mo. can seem like a big expense when everything's working fine but, when it's NOT, MCW is well worth it.

The machine would not power on. The technician had the knowledge and the tools to diagnose the problem. He had a power supply that could be used to test if the machine would power on with a power supply replacement. He was able to get the machine powered on with his diagnostic power supply. This ruled out a bad switch and bad motherboard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

My Computer Works

Bill, it is great to hear we were able to solve your technology problems! Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was storing too many file in Outlook and the system was freezing up. Tech showed me export archived files out of Outlook on to my hard drive. Working just fine now. My Computer Works always does an outstanding job.

Since my old computer was having issues, I used my cellphone to find a computer repair place near me. When I typed in my zip code, a few places appeared, but when I saw HomeAdvisor, I clicked on that. When I placed my request, I received an email almost immediately. After I spoke to the gentleman and explained my problems, an appointment was made for me. My computer had more issues than I thought but the tech was patient, understanding and super supportive. It took longer than he had expected, but it was done successfully and now my new computer is working, minus the spyware, viruses and malware. So happy I clicked on the HomeAdvisor ad.

Again, My Computer Works performed in an outstanding manner. They responded in less than an hour and accomplished their mission quickly. My computer responds as it should. I highly recommend My Computer Works. I have been using them for 7-8 years.

I had two problems. The start up time had become extremely slow and a dialogue box kept coming up telling me that something wasn't loading. And then, the connection to the internet went out. Keith worked with me for four or five hours and completely solved the problem. It's running like new. My Computer Works is the best insurance policy I have.

My Computer Works

Helen, we are so happy we were able to help you out! Thank you for your review!

Original review: May 30, 2017

My Computer Works is always there every time I call. I enjoy the people I talk to and the work that they do. They are pretty friendly. All the issues I was having with my computer were solved and its performance was fantastic after they finished with their service. I have recommended them quite a few times.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, Connie! It is great to hear you are happy with our services!

Original review: May 27, 2017

My computer really needed help. Anthony did a great job and I couldn't be more pleased. I have recommended MCW to friends. It's a good feeling knowing all I have to do is place a call and I get immediate help. With so many cyber attacks recently I was afraid my computer was beyond help. With MCW I "have no fear."

Did not fix. Called them two times and they stated still working on to get a tech back out. I just got ripped off. I will never recommend them. They promised that I would have a 30 day guarantee and they will make sure that I am totally satisfied. Well it is over 30 days and I still have not heard from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am not a savvy computer individual. I would recommend this service to everyone. When I run into problems, they can remotely help so I can be up and running in no time. This saves me time and frustration. It is definitely worth the cost.

My Computer Works

Kathye, we are so happy we were able to help you out! Thank you for you review!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Even though I do not use my computer for business purposes, as a senior citizen I do rely on my computer for a multitude of reasons. Sadly, some unknown person had infected my equipment and created total chaos. After about a week of this, I reached out to HomeAdvisor for some help. I cannot say enough good things about the company and technician they referred! The company is MY COMPUTER WORKS and the technician who provided my service is Anthony. This company and their employees are a customer's dream. If your computer needs help, please do not hesitate to contact this company. You will be pleased.

The technology of My Computer Works was great but it was the billing I'm concerned about. I've had several troubles with my computer and I paid them about $300 at the beginning of the year for the services and now I'm getting billed every month for it. I've called them several times, and they are supposed to be getting back to me. However, they are great and outstanding, and they're good at what they do. They contact me online and the problem was fixed online. They take over my computer, they fix it and then they give it back to me.

I have used this company since 2013 with exceptional results. One each and every challenge, they were extremely professional, friendly, and EFFECTIVE when finding my computer/internet/router/modem/printer issues. [I'm not very computer literate] and I know that for a monthly fee, I am confident that my numerous challenges will be solved. I highly recommend them!

My Computer Works

Nancy, thank you very much for your review! Glad we could help you out!

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have now worked with this group three or four times. They are professional and resolved all issues within a reasonable amount of time. I find their fees to be affordable for my home office. I highly recommend them and the Office Staff that coordinates all of the activities.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used MCW almost since it's inception in the early 2000s for my PCs. The technicians are extremely knowledgeable, polite and helpful. I live in a fairly remote area right now and really appreciate and rely on them to correct all my computer problems and "glitches". They even sent an expert to my home to install my new hard drive. I am 82 yrs. old and no longer crawl around on my knees! I was a REALTOR for many years and had to have my computer up and running for my business. Even though I may not call them for months, when I do need them they spend several hours correcting and cleaning up problems and updating stuff I don't understand!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Good response time and everything seems to be working fine. It's a little too soon to give a complete report on how everything is performing. Overall I think that Kieth did a very good job of explaining the whole process. So that's about it for now.

We have used My Computer Works for several years. The technicians have resolved all of our issues with efficient and courteous service. We are a home user and this company has helped us to resolve all virus and connectivity issues. I would highly recommend them.

I call My Computer Works on a weekly basis and sometimes I go for a couple of months. Sometimes they’re overloaded and I could choose the option to leave a voicemail and then they call me back. But 90% of the time I talk to somebody and they put me on the line. I usually get a call within 45 minutes. They also answer calls until 10 o'clock at night. Somebody can be working on my computer at nine o'clock at night and I'm all set up and ready to go.

My issues have always been solved. Computers change and programs change and all of a sudden I have a program that won’t work anymore. Seven years ago, my hard drive crashed and thankfully, they backed up my computer as well. Once I got a new hard drive, they put everything back in and got me back up and running. They still back me up on a daily basis and they answer my questions and explain what they’re doing. Sometimes, if I want to hang on the phone and watch, they tell me they'll call me back 'cause it's lengthy. But sometimes it takes 10 minutes and that's fine to hang on the phone with them. Overall, they're super guys to work with and they do a good job. I'm glad that they're around because trying to do business and be on the computer is one thing and that can be daunting enough sometimes.

My Computer Works

Bill, we are very happy you had a great experience with us. Thank you for your review!

Original review: May 14, 2017

I was having problem with the emails. I can send them out but not get any back in. I had upgraded from Windows, Outlook 10 to Outlook 16 and I couldn't get it straightened out. It’s very easy working with My Computer Works, once the person from their company signs on, he can manipulate everything he needs to from where he’s at. He was able to get it fixed and synced. One major problem is I lost the address book after he was done working with it and that was not good. But my email works fine now. When I requested help, they contacted me within the day and it was a good experience, I’d recommend them to a friend.

I've been with My Computer Works for a long time. It's very good to request a service from them and their cost is reasonable. They really take the stress off of owning a computer and I'll recommend them. I've had to call Microsoft and do some things and also UPS because it was regarding a printer. But 90% of the time My Computer Works can solve the issues.

I've used this service for years now and have found that it is well worth what I'm paying for it. When I have a computer problem they are there for me and know how to fix it. I just had a problem that was unusual but the tech found the answer even though he had to do a lot of work to find it. Very helpful and patient!

I am writing to tell about my experience with the above named company. My initial experience was less than satisfying so they offered to deep clean my computer for two hours at their expense. This turned into approximately 5 hours and MCW just kept working on my computer. This is definitely a company that believes in customer satisfaction.

My Computer Works

Hi Dexter, happy we could help you out! Thank you for letting us know you were happy with our service!

Original review: May 12, 2017

When I got stupider than normal and bought into some scam artists MCW was there to help and save me from a worse disaster than it could have been. They have had my back so many times I lost count. Thank you for your kind help. It is appreciated. I got lucky (for once). Glad to have you folks at MCW.

I'm satisfied with My Computer Works. They help me when I download software and they clean my computer, too. I usually call them when I need help and wait for a callback. I'd get a confirmation by email and wait for 40 minutes, depending on how they put me on a callback list. They fixed my computer correctly and I don't see the problem anymore but the only problem I'm getting is if I don't turn my laptop on for two days, I get over 190 spams in my junk mail which is out of control. Other than that, they've been excellent.

My Computer Works

Sherry, we are so happy to know we've been able to help you throughout the years! Thank you for the great review!

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have been with My Computer Works for over 10 years. In fact Luke ** came to my home to set up my service. The service I have received is a life saver. I am in the direct sales business and have such a peace of mind knowing there is nothing they cannot fix. I have said many times in my training sessions to friends, family and business colleagues..." I WOULD DO WITHOUT FOOD BEFORE I WOULD DO WITHOUT MY COMPUTER WORKS."

My Computer Works

Elizabeth, it is great to know you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you very much for your review!

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have been using My Computer Works for a number of years both for tech support and for back up services and am a true fan. I can call and get a callback within a 1/2 hour and they have been able to handle a broad range of issues on my computer, on external hard drives, on my phone and how each communicate to the other. I have asked about software issues and purchasing, computer upgrades, and sometimes just how to do what turns out to be simple procedures but seemed insurmountable to me. On the occasion that they were not able to address my issues over the phone in one case, they arranged for a tech to come address my problem in person and in another, the tech Brian worked though communicating with Dell in order for them to address the replacement of the motherboard of my computer under warranty when Dell was giving me the runaround.

I would say that 99% of the techs I have talked to over the years have been personable, respectful and never made me feel like I was foolish which I am sure on occasion I was. I love that they are available nearly every day (with some holiday exceptions) from first thing in the morning to late into the evening. The quick service I get from My Computer Works means that I can stay efficient and keep my "at home" consulting business up and running rather than having to give up my main business tool for days for repairs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

VERY VERY helpful. Techs called as they indicated they would, and they anticipated my needs even though I didn't know I needed them. I'm very appreciative; could never have done this on my own. They found all of my files - even the very critical ones that I was worried about losing from my old hard drive that basically burned up. They were able to recover everything with an external hard drive. Loved having them take over my mouse.

My Computer Works Company Profile