4.80/5
  • 1 star
Based on 261 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

My Computer Works! ...Does yours?

My Computer Works, Inc. is a leading provider of help desk and personal technology support services for thousands of consumers and small businesses nationwide. The company's friendly, patient and professional U.S.-based technicians are available 7 days a week to solve your problems immediately.

With a number of affordable options, including one-time support and unlimited support memberships, everyone should be able to say: "My Computer Works! Does Yours?"

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

300 My Computer Works Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My Computer Works had to redo my computer. They were really good at what they’re doing. I got a billing issue one time and they were quick about getting it done and letting me know what had happened. They were extremely patient with me because I'm not really good at describing computer stuff. Their service is also reasonably priced.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I think Anthony, the tech did a great job on my PC. Very courteous and professional. I would recommend My Computer Works to my friends, or anyone for that matter. Thanks for the good work. He cleared all of the junk from my PC.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have a positive experience with My Computer Works and they’re the best. I have a Windows 7 desktop and it’s overheating, and it keeps shutting me off. So, they tried to get that set and told me to put a little fan back there. It’s in a room but there’s no air-conditioning and they said the issue might have been when the desktop got hot, it got hot in the house. I’m trying to transfer to a Windows 10 and I’m afraid to use it but I’m forced to because the 7 keeps bumping me offline. Dave worked on the Windows 10 and he helped me get the printer hooked up. And then they cleaned up the computer and put a Malwarebytes on it. 99% of their staff is very patient and understanding. They’ll go over a couple of times with me to make sure I have it right. I love them. They are professional and always supportive.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I’ve been using My Computer Works for years and I’m very happy with them. They’re very prompt whenever we request for service and their reps are great.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My Computer Works is wonderful and they are always unbelievably helpful. They are a value. If I call them once or twice a year, it's expensive considering that it costs a few cents short of $30 a month. However, when I do need them, requesting service is very easy and there's somebody there to respond. Plus, they're very good at what they do. They put my computer through its paces and gets it working again. I can’t ask for more than that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Three weeks ago I had some software issues. My Computer Works hooked up and fixed it for me. When my old CPU crashed and I had to buy a new one they also helped me download from the external hard drive that I had to my new PC. Everything’s working fine. I call them and generally I have to set an appointment because they stay busy. And then they will call back within the hour of that appointment time. They have never failed doing that. The techs are very cooperative and they help. I'm satisfied and I feel confident that the problem has been resolved. If any of my friends is having PC problems I would tell them to give My Computer Works a call.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had an experience with My Computer Works a month ago and it was fine. I scheduled the service with their rep and the technician who called was easy to understand. They took over the computer and for the most part, fixed it really quickly. I have been with them for 15 years and they addressed the issues that I needed so I continue to use them. I have referred several people to them, including family members. It's convenient, local, and worth the money.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My Computer Works has been over-the-top in everything. We are illiterate when it comes to a lot of these stuff and they have helped us in so many situations and solved the issue every time. They have helped us change computers, back up stuff and then reload it on a new computer which we've done twice. They are very responsive. They call back in a reasonable amount of time and stick with it until they get it done. It is very easy to request for service. I call their number and if I don't want to wait, I just leave my number and they'll call me back within an hour.

They do things for us that are not really part of the contract or part of the service and never hesitate. We never had anything they wouldn't deal with. It’s been a very good experience and we’ve been on them for at least five years. The setup and my anti-virus thing are both good. We had issues that we're not capable of dealing with and they took care and cleaned it up. They make recommendations and I trust them because of their experience and they haven't steered me wrong. I've recommended them all the time.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My computer was real slow and had a bunch of garbage on it. It was an older computer with a 17” screen. It is about eight years old but it's still a good laptop. So, I gave My Computer Works a call to try and get it all cleaned up. When I requested the service, they answered all my questions. They did away with a lot of viruses and a lot of programs that were on there. Their rep told me what to expect and what he was going to do. Each area that he went into, he explained to me why I didn't need it and he explained things that I could do myself in the future. He did a good job and sped the computer up a little bit. It is still slow but it's 100% better than what it was. It was a really good experience. If I needed any service, I'd give them another call.

My Computer Works response

We are glad you enjoyed our service! Thank you for your review, Randall.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My Computer Works is a great service to have. I'd call them to request a service and if nobody picks up, I'd leave a message. They'd call me back and we'd set up a schedule that fits my time. I'd log them into the computer and then I leave. They'd call me when they're done, updating of what they have to do. Their technicians are knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer to something, they'll look it up. Recently, I was having problems with my printer. I needed to replace the ink and the technician and I went over it step-by-step, looking what we could find and then we finally figured it out.

The CEO reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and I gave him some suggestions on how to make his business better. One more thing that they need to do is, on a periodic basis, to have the technicians reach out to us, go over and check our computer to see if there's anything they need us to know and do. They need the anti-virus turned on on our machine. They need to become more proactive and less reactive. I never got a routine check-up and it was only when I called them. Other than that, they are a great organization and I'm getting my money's worth.

My Computer Works response

We want to thank you for your suggestions and it is something we are striving for. Also, thank you for the review Ricardo!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I bought a new computer and My Computer Works transferred everything from my old one into the new and set everything up for me. I asked them before if they could do it and they said yes, I just had to call them. Their reps were also wonderful, always well with my computer and any issue I have, and they helped me 100%. I felt very satisfied and confident after working with them. It was an excellent experience and I would recommend My Computer Works to anyone.

My Computer Works response

Lorraine, thank you for your 5 star review!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I have been with My Computer Works from the start. The way I found out about them was when they sent a representative to a business networking group in Arizona. I was in that networking group and then I decided that I needed somebody because I could not figure my computer out but even if I could, I don't want to. That's not what makes me money trying to spend hours working on my computer. So far, I spend $29.95 then I have a $9.95 back up so it's $40 a month. And then I just call in for everything and they are absolutely unbelievable.

Though the tech themselves have different personalities and they all handle it just a tiny bit different, they are all great. I never had a complaint. They know me since I have been doing this for so long. One time, my computer came on and it has this warning saying call this number or you'll lose. I'm smart enough not to call that number and instead, called Computer Works, so they took care of that. They solved it that day.

Also, whenever I call, they go in and they check everything on my computer. They take care of it right away and solve everything in a day or less. Overall, I would recommend them to anybody. In fact, I have gifted people six months of service because they said, they just couldn't afford the $29.95. I told them it's a free country and they can decide if that's worth the money for them or not. So far, every one of them has stayed.

My Computer Works response

Sherry, we are happy we can always help you out. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I've been working with My Computer Works for six years now and my experience with them was wonderful. I was having trouble finding my Windows Moviemaker and they helped me find it. Most of the time I love requesting for service. I go on the computer and tell them that I need help. They would send a message saying that they'll get back with me within 60 minutes. But sometimes it takes two or three hours to get a call. I'm paying for a premium they are supposed to call back within one hour and I get perturbed when it takes a long time to finally get back to me. But my interaction with the reps is usually very good and their performance was excellent.

My Computer Works response

Jack, we are glad you enjoy our service! We look forward to working with you again! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I'm very happy with the service I've received and I really appreciate you guys. This was the worse virus I ever came across, and I thought this PC was done for, but you guys really saved me this time. Thanks again.

My Computer Works response

We are so happy we could help you out. Hubert. Thank you fro your review!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I call My Computer Works and schedule appointments with them. They call me back and have the service over the phone. They would also connect to my computer and work on it. I’ve been using My Computer Works for 10 years and my daughter still has it. Their customer service reaction is good, very thorough and polite. My Computer Works always made an effort to help in the past but they were unable to help with my laptop this last time. It was running slow and it wouldn’t connect sometimes. They tried different ways but they couldn’t get into it. The girl at my daughter's house knew a little about computers and My Computer Works talked her through it but they still couldn't do it. I didn’t have time to sit there all day so I just had somebody else come and look at it where I live.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have a contract with My Computer Works for about four years and it covers both my computer and my wife's computer. Each time I’ve had any contact with their reps, they were pleasant and helpful. But I am aggravated that I pay $40 monthly which I can understand, but I have to pay $15 on top of that for every half hour every time I call, and that’s why I don’t call. If I am engaged in a lot of exotic things and it's my business computer, I can see that it’s worth it. But I use mine for reading news and email which is just casual use. My wife spends more time on the computer because she does social media, but I don't do any of that, though I do a fair bit of stuff on my phone now. So My Computer Works do a good job but I can find something less expensive and I'm in the process of looking now. It’s not because their service isn't good or responsive, but it costs too much. I'm retired and have to be aware of what I spend.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I had a virus on my computer claiming to be Microsoft and threatening to crash everything. They wanted me to call a number to fix the issue, which I knew was a scam. My Computer Works fixed the issue. They were very polite and very professional on the phone. The Tech gentlemen on the phone explained everything and walked me through everything I needed to do to get my screen clear. Then he explained that he would call me back in a couple of hours and update me on removing the virus and any other potential threats there might be on my computer. He called back and he said it was all resolved and call again if I have any other issues that arise in the future.

My Computer Works response

Greg, we are so happy we were able to solve your problem! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

In my experience, their customer service has been very good. It began when I had an issue with installing a keyboard. I wasn't very clever in the way I did it, but they put it right. My recent issue is mostly fixed and it just seems to happen. When I took a look this morning, the backup was done Everything seems to have happened almost automatically. I've had a couple of occasions when I wanted help and they've always been readily available. I'm very pleased to have them and have nothing but applause.

My Computer Works response

Tony, we are so glad that we could help! Thank you for your review and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Help with installing a WeChat app - My first experience with this company was great. I had a money-back guarantee if they didn't solve my problem. Cody **, the technician, helped me. He listened and was patient, efficient, and explained what I needed to do. My problem was resolved, and I liked the remote support a lot. I couldn't have figured out how to do this on my own. So, I definitely recommend My Computer Works services.

My Computer Works response

We are happy we could help you! Susan, thank you for your review.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've been a customer of MCW for a few years now. I probably contact them more than most since I knew nothing about computers until a few yrs. ago. I have never had a bad experience with any of their techs. They have always been very professional, very polite and very patient. They have never talked down to me or like I'm a dummy (even though I am when it comes to computers). Like so many will in that situation. My Computer Works has the best people working for them.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was unable to sync my computer to my wireless printer when I got a new modem. I needed to file tax returns and I couldn't wait so I had to call whoever would come and whoever called me back first got the job. I called a couple of people and left a message and then My Computer Works called me right back. The tech walked me through it. He was a really sweet, confident, and calm guy who helped me and understood what I was saying. I told him I was totally technologically-challenged. He said, "Okay. If you don't mind, I'll sign on to your computer and I'll fix it faster." I said okay and he did. I could see when he was on and when he got off. I felt safe letting him do that and I was very pleased. I would call them again except I really would prefer to use someone locally. I would definitely recommend My Computer Works.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the 5 start review, Vicki!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I check with My Computer Works every three months and they go through everything. They bail me out if I have any problems. They unload anything that’s on there that shouldn’t be on there and they get rid of stuff that I don’t know how to get rid of as far as junk that slows the computer down. They also check all of my files and everything, make sure that there’s nobody trying to get in the back door. Also, if I want to get rid of something or add something, they show me how it works. They show me tricks of how to get to different things. The team easy to work with. Anyone that I’ve dealt with, they didn't try to rush me or anything. They’re very easy going and they listen to my problems and that’s what I like about them. They aren’t condescending and aren't trying to push anything on you. I also like that if I have any questions I can call them, they’ll answer the question, or call me in whatever that I need.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had three techs help me, Mark, Walter and the third was Anthony. All three were very professional and courteous. Anthony the last of the three was exceptional, he explained everything and guided me through icons, a very patient man and I thank him for that, and yes I would glad recommend your company to any of my friends or anyone that is needing computer help. Thank you.

My Computer Works response

We are so happy we could help you out! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I could not get into my desktop without a password. It was put on by the company where I bought the computer. But it was so long ago that the place where I bought it has changed management and they changed location. When I called, they didn't want to handle it. they can't send somebody out here. The CPU has to be brought to them then they'll figure out what the problem ws. And that's a lot of trouble. So I called a number that was in the yellow pages. It said, "My computer won't work". It's a good attention-getter. It was My Computer Works and the guy that came was very good. He's in his 40's, was neatly dressed and was very polite. I needed the password removed and he did what I asked him to do. He fixed the problem. And it was quick.

My Computer Works response

Happy we could help! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I like My Computer Works because I know somebody on the other end will work on my computer. Typically, I explain the problem and then they work on my computer while I'm away from it. And then they call me during different phases of it and will explain what they're doing and what's happening. Sometimes I'll have to ask another question or so but they're good about following up. They typically respond within a day too. So far, they’ve resolved any issues that I've had.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, Gary!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My Computer Works solved my problem. They have very cordial and knowledgeable representatives. I’ve had an excellent experience and will continue to return for their service.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Called on Thursday to schedule an appointment to have a television installed. Spoke with Josh. He assured me they could have a technician out Saturday afternoon, so I took the day off missing out on 12 hours plus of overtime (approx $800). Saturday morning I get a call from their office. She tells me that they do not have a technician in this area and won't have until Monday. She assured me that she would have a technician here between 6:00 and 7:00pm. So again... I left work early today, missing out on even more overtime. Technician is a NO SHOW!!! Called their office, got the long list of BS apologies and excuses then was transferred to another dept where I had to leave a voicemail. Finally received a return call and they tell me the technician was never assigned the call... just more BS excuses! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

MyComputerWorks.com is a complete fraud! They have not done a single thing they promised to do. They haven't followed through on ANYTHING! They've cost me close to $1000 in lost wages. DO NOT CALL THIS COMPANY... YOU'LL REGRET IT!!! I can assure you that I will be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the State of Colorado Attorney General!!!

My Computer Works response

Lex, we are so sorry for any inconveniences we have caused you. We always want to have our technicians show up within the window of time we had agreed upon. If our technician was a no-show, we will be sure to deal with that on our end. Fortunately, we do not charge any fees until the technicians reach your home and begin working. If there is anything we can do to rectify this situation, please reach out to us.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My interactions with the reps at My Computer Works have been excellent. They are very customer oriented and they not only fix the problem but they also try to let me understand what they’re doing. I’ve been with them for over a year now and six or seven times I brought my computer to them. They had solved the issues every time and they’ve been very pleasant in doing it. I pick up things in the daily use of my computer and it slows down but they have always been able to take care of it for me. I’ve also used them on the mobile telephones and they do a good job on that too. They’re great and they seem like a very honest and reputable company, and I’ve been very happy with them.

My Computer Works response

We are glad we could help! Thank you for reviewing us, Art!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I've had a very good experience with My Computer Works. They are excellent and I would recommend them.

My Computer Works response

John, thank you very much for your review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was scammed one night. I called one place that was located in England, then gave them my credit card and they charge my account. So, I said to myself that it was a scam and I wasn't feeling safe. Then I found My Computer Works, spoke to a woman, and she cleaned up the whole thing. Then we joined them, which was about a year ago and we've been together ever since. Before that, we had a fellow in the neighborhood who did it but he got another job because he wasn't making out with fixing computers and there wasn't enough work for him. And then through the years, we got other people come in. With My Computer Works, when I call them, 15 minutes later someone calls me back. We then sit down, work on it, and then I'm back online.

Recently, my screen shrunk on me and the toolbar on the bottom was halfway up. I called and spoke to a gentleman named Vincent on the phone but he couldn’t get into my computer because I couldn’t okay it, and the bottom of the screen was blocking it. After about five minutes, we finally got it down then he could log in and worked with me. I’m 77 years old and he was very patient in telling me what to do since computers to me are a new toy and I know nothing about them. But he explained it to me and everything was okay. I’ve learned a few things now by myself and I like the idea when I or Vincent logs in, the screen tells us that My Computer Works has run a test on the computer, it’s nice to see.

The people that I've dealt with a few times now are very patient, knowledgeable, and wonderful. It's well worth the investment every month, they’ve got service from 8:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night. I jumped too fast the first time but now, I would never jump again because I've got something safe. It's a very positive experience and I’m very satisfied that we joined up.

My Computer Works Company Information