Call toll free
4.34/5
Based on 87 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

My Computer Works! ...Does yours?

My Computer Works, Inc. is a leading provider of help desk and personal technology support services for thousands of consumers and small businesses nationwide. The company's friendly, patient and professional U.S.-based technicians are available 7 days a week to solve your problems immediately.

With a number of affordable options, including one-time support and unlimited support memberships, everyone should be able to say: "My Computer Works! Does Yours?"

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

331 My Computer Works Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

I have used MCW before. I knew that Tech support would be able to help me. Anthony was very helpful and was able to fix my problem (Outlook stopped working) and made sure that malware was removed from the computer and did a cleanup.

My Computer Works response

Terry, we are so happy we could help you out. Thank you for your review!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Insufficient response received
Original review: June 29, 2018

Don't use this service. I called because I was having a problem with my computer. The man on the phone said they had two payment options. I picked $24.95 month. He said I could try service for 30 days. He never mentioned a contract for one year or I would never have used the service. The first time I spoke with a tech he had my computer working then about a week later it was back to the way it was. Try calling them and nobody ever answers the phone. Think they are working out of their homes.

I wasn't with the service a month and called to cancel and of course nobody answers the phone so I left a message to cancel the account. I get an email from them stating I was on a contract and to cancel is going to cost $609.00. I couldn't believe it. Every time I called again no answer but get an answer machine. I called my bank to have them stop the payment to them. Now they are calling and leaving messages so again I called and again no answer. I never committed to any contract. Also they never fixed my computer.

My Computer Works response
Brandon, we have no record of you ever having service with our company.

Our company does not have a contract when you sign up for a membership, so your statement is false. This review must not be meant for My Computer Works and we ask that you remove it. If you have any further questions please reach out to us.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Gianni worked through a difficult windows reset and did his job extremely well. His knowledge coupled with his friendly attitude and patience are a true benefit to your company. I would highly recommend your company to a friend experiencing computer problems.

My Computer Works response

We are so happy you love our service! Thank you for the 5 star review, Owen!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was thoroughly pleased with the professionalism and dedication that Anthony showed when dealing with my problem. He was able to educate me regarding some of the terms and support provided by your company. The name really fits My Computer Works. Based on the support I received today, next week I will be contacting your sales department to inquire whether or not you offer a yearly plan. Excellent work.

My Computer Works response

Joseph, we do offer a membership that allows you unlimited tech support! We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your review!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I made an appointment for 10:00 to repair my laptop. This company has my phone number and email address. Nobody showed up, Nobody called to cancel, nor was there any email saying they could not come. I waited ALL day. I called around 3:00 and was transferred to some guy named Sylvester. I left a msg., cat never called back. I called again at 4:30 and was told nobody was coming, maybe they could come Monday, this was Thursday. I was given a ridiculous excuse for the no show, I told them I was not interested. Wasted day. Nobody could call, text, email... nothing. What a joke, call anyone else, this company SUCKS!!!

My Computer Works response

Laura, we are very sorry this situation took place. Once we create the work order and assign a technician, we rely on that technician to take care of our client's issue. Our Director of Onsite became aware of this problem and attempted to contact every tech in your area. Because there was no one available, we hoped you'd be willing to reschedule your appointment. Again we apologize, and hope you'll give us a chance to rectify this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

Original review: April 24, 2018

Company will not stop billing me $39.99 every month. I received help one time from My Computer Works. The tech helped and was nice. Never paid any attention that they were charging me every month and I never spoke to them after the first time. This has been going on for over a year! I have called the company three different times and asked them to QUIT billing me. I have also asked that they return my money that was charged after the first session. I just saw that they charged me for April...

Updated on 04/29/2018: I never received one minute of computer assist from your company after the initial session! These hours you state are a total fabrication! As of last week the company has refunded my $39.95 from 04’17 through 12’17. Thank you for that.

My Computer Works response

Rosemary, our system shows that you have had a total of 12 hours and 6 minutes of tech support with our company over multiple occasions. You did willing sign up for a membership and used the services that came with it. However, if there was any delay with our response to your billing requests, we apologize! As of today, we have stopped charging your account.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This company states it will walk you through the process by tutoring you on a list of programs "and more". I called twice. The first was to remove bugs. The second experience was excellent... but the third time - the truth came out. I asked for some direction on how to negotiate Google sites - (which, by the way, is designed for average computer Joe's to use, which I am not one). The "expert" tech, after about 5 minutes, realized he wasn't quite the "expert" the company postured him to be, he then checked with Damon, the senior tech "expert" who arbitrarily decided that asking for direction to negotiate Google sites falls under believe it or not, ready? "Web Design"! That was a weak sauce, phony-baloney move... so much for tutorials. What was even more pathetic is the "expert" tech attempted to conflate helping me with a few steps with Google sites - with writing computer code! Absurd.

I'm sure they have other packaged answers at the ready for other basic things that their "experts" are ignorant of... What was amusing about it all is that my initial Google site was set up a few years ago by college kid majoring in history! This is classic bait and switch. I've requested my $99.00 "set-up" fee to be refunded to my account with no response. I'll be making it a point to continue to warn more consumers about My Computer Works' slimy tactics. Unless they change their modality, they'll go into the heap with all the rest of the false advertisers who defrauded their customers. I will now be on the warpath because of these jokers!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I'm very happy with my first experience with my computer works remote tech support. Anthony was really great. He was patient very considerate and worked for hours cleaning up my computer. His attitude was wonderful despite my computer constantly disconnecting from the internet when he was working on it, and he resolved the disconnect, finally!

My Computer Works response

We are so happy we could help you out, Catherine! Thank you for the 5 star review!

Original review: April 4, 2018

On 3/28/18 I phoned My Computer Works at 877-219-6748, as listed in the Yellow Pages. Beau answered and started a sales pitch for a computer tune-up, which I interrupted, telling him I didn't need or want a tune-up, because my computer was working perfectly. I told him all I wanted was training on how to delete and create folders in Outlook Mail. He said the initial fee was $99 (which I assumed was an enrollment fee), plus $29/mo. Gianni, a technician, phoned me in an hour, and I told him all I wanted was training on how to delete and create folders in Outlook Mail. He said he would take over my computer remotely and train me. The first time he asked me to enter my password, it was secure, because only dots appeared.

Then he asked me to enter my password in another box, but to my surprise the password I entered appeared on the screen, and I see it as unethical for Gianni to obtain my password. Once he had remote control of my computer, Gianni told me to hang up the phone, and he would call back to train me remotely. I watched in astonishment as he took about an hour and ten minutes tuning up my computer without my consent, including making numerous changes and installing much software on my computer! When he phoned back, he trained me in under 5 minutes.

Ever since then, I've had computer problems I never had before. One problem is pop-up ads that obscure about 1/4 of my Outlook Mail screen and remain there. Two times while I was shutting down, a black mini-window appeared with rapidly scrolling white letters and numbers that appeared to be computer codes. When I click shut down, the computer automatically restarts, and messages appear, e.g. "Hey, your files are still downloading. You might lose them if you close the browser," or saying if I shut down I will lose my unsaved work. With both kinds of messages, there were no files downloading and no unsaved work. In Outlook Mail, the up caret and scrollbar no longer work, so I cannot reach whatever folder I need.

Beau committed fraud (defined as "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain") by charging me $99.90 (not $99) for a tune-up I explicitly refused. Gianni unethically did a tune-up without my consent, when all I asked for was training. Gianni unethically gained access to my password. Gianni was extremely incompetent in tuning up my computer. Other phone nos. of the company are **, 602-635-6150, and 877-629-6972.

On 3/30/18 I left a message summarizing the problems and requesting cancellation of my account. I have left 4 call-back messages from 3/30/18 to 4/2/18, none of which was returned. I sent a long email on 4/2/18 at 9:37 AM PST, requesting cancellation of my account and repair of my computer, but there was no answer by phone or email. Citi Visa concluded the case was fraud and refunded the $99.90 billed by My Computer Works. I filed a lengthy complaint with the Federal Trade Commission on 4/3/18.

My Computer Works response
Barry, we are so sorry there was a misunderstanding when it came to the service you requested from us. Our technicians would never intentionally perform a task that you did not ask for. Again, we apologize for not better explaining what the service was that you signed up for.

Our system shows you had service with us today for 27 minutes, which was used to return your computer back to how it was originally. It also shows that you rated us a perfect score. Please call us if you need anything else taken care of, or just have questions.

Resolution response: March 28, 2018

I had posted a negative review a few days ago. Now I take it all back! A tech named Walter called this morning and fixed my computer problems (Win 7) via remote! I finally feel that I got what I paid for! Thank you! A message informed me that I had a reply to my first post but I cannot access it. Consumer Affairs says I posted no reviews. And thanks to all the password confusion, my mail is messed up and the various passwords keep coming up failed at log-in. C'est la vie! The point is, My Computer Works did come through and fixed my problems with Win 7! Thank you again!

Original review: March 23, 2018

My Dell Inspiron 660 worked fine until the next boot. Neither my Win 7 nor Linux drives would boot. The MCW tech came the next day and he managed reinstall Win 7 from my flash drive, then the many (181) Windows updates were coming in and we agreed to interrupt the d/l until the next day. Next morning, I completed the d/l and Windows began installing them. Three hours later, reboot: failure configuring updates, reverting changes, another 3 wasted hours. I was billed $200 for a repair which failed. I made several calls and was once told I would only be charged $137. For what? I asked the company to have that tech call me to discuss this SNAFU. Or have anyone else there call me to talk about this problem.

My old gut feelings are that this outfit lacks a responsible sense of duty, charges people before the repair is effective, keep the payment and are obviously unwilling to meet their part of the bargain. When I challenged them giving my debit card info but to pay the tech after the service, I was told that they had (some) techs robbed when payment went to them. Robbed of what? Checks made out to the company? More plastic card details? BS!!! Needless to say, this old man is disgusted and would not recommend MCW to anyone.

My Computer Works response

Hans, since our technician did work on your computer for hours, he was compensated for that time. You sign paperwork agreeing with our services and gave us a 5 star rating after the work was complete. We also know the danger of technicians collecting money onsite, that is why we require a card on file. Just like a hotel, you must have a card on file to rent a room. If you need to schedule another technician, or have questions please give us a call!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Outstanding service. Knowledgeable and highly trained on the latest computer issues. Technician was able to diagnose the problems and find solutions to the problems quickly and competently. Great service, sharp appearance and good communication skills, listened to what I had to say about the problems with my computer. Fast and friendly service with solutions. Most highly recommended.

My Computer Works response

We are glad you are happy with our service, John. Thank you for your review!

Original review: March 15, 2018

Called through Yellow Pages Ad for my computer to be fixed. The guy Eric came from Ohio and was very tired. Said he had been up almost 24 hours. They charged me $224.00 and I did not want to sign paper until I worked on my computer to see if it indeed is fixed. He said I had to sign before he left or he would not get paid. Well computer was not fixed, I email them. They said they would sent someone out to fix it again and I said fine but I was not paying anymore. So they did not come out. I called a lot with no help. I took it to a computer shop in town and they fixed it for $160.00 and it works great. Don't use the company!!!

Update on 03/24/2018: I responded on March 16, 2018 and you had my response go private but My Computer Works did not answer. After 2 weeks my computer still was not working and they would not come out to fix it properly without charging me again. I took computer up town to a computer store and they fixed it for $160.00. I would like my $224 that My Computer Works charged me refunded.

My Computer Works response

Cynthia, our system shows this job was completed 6 months ago and you signed off on the job while rating our technician "excellent". We were unaware of the issues you are now saying you have. Please reach out to us if you have more questions. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My Computer Works responded on a weekend and a technician called back within the promised time frame. The technician worked nonstop for over 4 hours to fix a series of challenging problems. He didn't stop until everything was fixed. He effectively communicated the time frame and details of what he was fixing.

My Computer Works response

George, we are glad you loved our service! Thank you for the 5 star review!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have been a subscriber of this service for several years. Whenever I have a problem with my computer, I phone My Computer Works. They respond in a timely manner and resolve my problem. This service is performed remotely and is convenient since I do not have to leave my home. My Computer Works is only a phone call away and they are competent.

My Computer Works response

Lou, thank you for the 5 star review! We are always happy to help!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I would have given this company a higher rating except for a billing problem. I talked with someone from this company only once. I answered his questions and then he logged in to my computer remotely. My issues were fixed. However I have continued to get billed each month. I’ve called at least twice to fix this, to no avail. I’m trying again today.

My Computer Works response

We are so sorry there was a miscommunication. However, it showed you signed up for our membership, which is billed monthly and gives you unlimited tech support with us. If you'd like this cancelled, you'll need to call us. If you can't get a hold of someone, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call. Thank you so much for your patience, Pam!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

My experience was pleasant and problem was resolved. I liked that it was done in the convenience of my home. Communication was clear on what was done and the cost. I think the cost was very reasonable. I did not have to take my computer into a shop and leave it for a week or more. Problem was handled in a very timely manner. I plan to use them again for future problems.

My Computer Works response

Diane, we are glad you loved our service! Thank you for the 5 star review!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Called them in to fix my broken laptop screen. Said they'd send someone out, and if they didn't fix my computer they wouldn't charge their $117 fee. The first day, he didn't even show up in the 9 am to 1 pm window. I called their number and they asked to reschedule tomorrow, and told me I'd have $10 off. Oh, also I told them it was a hardware problem and they sent a software guy over. The next morning (Saturday) he comes in on time, but just confirms my screen is broken, and leaves. They charged me $117, and now I see the contract was open ended and loose in that it made me agree to pay "the hourly rate". He spent 30 minutes total over here, didn't repair the computer and I got charged me the full amount.

My Computer Works response

Katherine's updated review: "I got a polite phone call this morning- saying that the $117 charge was a mistake. I definitely want to believe them when they say they're sending the $117 back, but it will take a couple of business days to tell for sure. In the meantime, I want to assume they're doing the right thing and not lose them business. Unless you hear back from me again, they've kept to their word."

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I wanted to take the time to say thank you to My Computer Works. I made a drastic mistake by taking advice from a friend of mine and use a company called Driver Restore. This company came in by remote and totally trashed my desktop and laptop. My Computer Works came in to my computer by remote and spent three hours working on and cleaning my systems to run back to our high efficiency rating and cleaned all of the malware Trojans and everything else that was wrong that Driver Restore had placed there.

The technician who came in online works very patient concerned and asking if there was anything else he could do to solve my problems. I have to admit I was a little trepidation us about letting someone else come in by remote after my experience with Driver Restore. All I can say is they did a fantastic job on solving my problem with the experience care and getting me back to my job. I can’t say enough about this company.

My Computer Works response

Mark, we are so happy we could help you with your computer. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My Computer Works is a great company. The cost is about $29 a month, so I’d like to see it go down a little. But the quality of their service is great. And I’ve always called for problems and they’ve always fixed them, so it's a good deal. There’s a considerable delay between my request for service and when the tech calls. But once they call, they take over my computer and fix the problem. They’re professional and all of my experiences have been fine.

My Computer Works response

Wilfred, thank you for the review!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I couldn’t boot my computer and I called My Computer Works to get help. The lady started asking questions and told me it was a problem. They offered me a new product and I told them I couldn’t take it because I was going to buy a new computer. I had to wait until I get another computer to continue my service with them. They’re efficient and they take care of my problems when I call them and I’ve had to call them several times. They set the appointment. We get online and they do what they have to finish and it’s done.

However, it's difficult if they have to work with me online. I can't contact them and I told the lady that I can't even find their phone number to call them to tell them I’m having a problem. But I like My Computer Works. I like computers and I’m not intimated by them but when it comes to repairs, I tell My Computer Works to talk to me like I’m in the first grade. And they talk in a language that I understand, so that’s one of the things I like about them. I have talked to people about My Computer Works before and told them how pleased I am, but a lot of people don’t like the monthly contract.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the 5 star review, BJ!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The people at My Computer Works have been very patient. 98 of the techs whom I have worked with out of 100 have been the smartest and the most effective people that I’ve ever met. However, the tech whom I worked with the last time was the least effective. He was very smart but he didn’t know how to do problem solving. He really needs a lot more experience. I don’t think he knew what he was doing because he was running all of the place, or he probably thought I didn’t know what I was doing. He was talking about things that were not even on my computer. We weren’t getting anywhere, but then my power went out all of a sudden. I went later and I couldn’t get it back online.

My Computer Works response

Stuart, if you need to get back in touch just give us a call and we can put you in our queue! Thank you for the 5 start review!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

My Dropbox was sending me messages that it was approaching the capacity so I called Computer Works to see if we could clear out some of the things that were being stored at Dropbox. A technician contacted me right away and we resolved the issue. We knocked a whole bunch of different albums of photos that didn’t need to be in there and knocked it all the way down to about 10 percent capacity. I rarely get the same technician and it’s usually somebody new and they’re all friendly and very accommodating. Also, everybody in the office is very prompt, courteous and helpful.

While I had them on the line, we pulled up an Excel program that I needed to modify. I wasn’t sure how to do that so he spent a couple of minutes and took care of that as well. The person I spoke to understood exactly what the problem was and was able to fix it right away. They can use people services from anywhere in the country and so the technicians are sometimes scattered all over the place which is just fine. I have used My Computer Works’ services for eight years now and through several different laptops. They always did a fabulous job. I have had one of my laptops completely shut down. I even took it to Microsoft because it was the first-generation Surface. Their guys looked at it and told me that it was all done and it might be a hunk of wood.

But I used My Computer Works’ backup service so I bought a new, current generation Surface. Within a couple of hours, after I called them, everything that was on the old computer was on the new computer and I was back up and running. As a realtor, if I can’t access the things that I need to, then I am just sitting and waiting for them to call before I can do anything but that does not come up that often and it’s some little issue that’s more of an inconvenience. I have got the premium service with My Computer Works so if I called in, they guarantee that a technician will call within one hour to take care of the issue. If it’s not within an hour and I call them and tell them that it’s been over an hour and they will knock off the service charge for the following month.

I took advantage of the service a few times a year because I probably call in every couple of weeks with one little issue and I end up getting a free month out of it. But they might be able to improve the response time that the technicians can get back to us. They don’t call for six hours which is a lot of downtimes. I’d rather have a quick response rather than a free month. Overall, the positives well outweigh any negatives and it’s been consistent for all the years that I’ve been using Computer Works.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, Charles!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

It’s been good with My Computer Works. Instead of me spending hours trying to fix my own problem, I call them, and they fix it right away. It’s worth every dime I pay them and I never had a problem with them over the years. I’ve only had a couple techs who didn’t know what they were doing or answering, but I've had very good success with the other ones. For a while, it was kind of long period before I get called back, but recently I’ve been called back within a decent period of time.

On Facebook, it keeps telling me every time I want to enter that I have to put in a new password. I have no idea how to even correct that. The technician told me, “We can’t do that. You only have to go to Facebook, just go up to the corner, and just hit the question mark.” There’s no question mark, there’s nothing for me to hit. So I’m still having that problem and I don’t know where to go. I don’t have a phone number for Facebook, but I thought My Computer Works could solve that problem. There was another problem and the technician said they couldn’t do it. I just called back another tech and he fixed it. That’s what I should do with Facebook, but I don’t have time right now.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the 5 star review, Mary!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I set an appointment with My Computer Works but no one called me. I had to contact them and reschedule for the very next day. It was like they forgot about me and that was not good. I was a little upset because it was at 6:00 PM so I took extra steps to do it. I had scheduled time to be here at my office and I had my dad pick up my kids and stay at home to be with them. That became a waste because nobody called me. My dad is not an expert in taking care of two kids and I don't want to ask him to do something he doesn't have to. That has happened in the past too and I don’t even call My Computer Works that often. I don't know whose fault that is but the tech supports have been excellent once they get me on the phone. They are very knowledgeable, helpful, and nice. But they can do a little better on their response time. If I call once a year, I want to have good service.

My Computer Works response

Do, we are sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you. We always do our best to get to you within a reasonable time. If there is anything we can do to rectify this situation, please reach out!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Two months ago, My Computer Works helped me with a problem on my computer. I called their office and a tech called me back within a couple of hours and did the fix remotely. We were on the phone but there is a way that they can get into my computer after I signed them in so they can see what might be going on and because I’m right here, I can see that it’s been fixed. Whoever I talk to in their office has been very pleasant. Their technicians have always been great whether it takes them one hour or three hours. I like their service and I like the way they do it. I'd tell a friend that would ask about them that if they have computer problems, they should have My Computer Works.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your 5 star review, Shirley!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

As a realtor, I need my computer so much. I know that there is a free service through the National Association of Realtors but I haven’t tried that yet. The only thing I do know from talking to other people is they will only deal with the primary issue that you call them for. Whereas My Computer Works, if you say, “Hey, I got this problem and this problem and this problem.” They’ll deal with all of those at the same time within the same call. Whereas with the National Association of Realtors, if you tell them you got three problems, they’ll only deal with one right then. You need to call them back to get the other ones taken care of.

I had a claim with My Computer Works a couple of months ago. They called me back within the hour that they were supposed to. Their technician took care of the problem quickly and I haven’t had a problem since. They told me that when I call and I make them aware that I paid the extra miles, they'd call me back in an hour. They got hold of a technician and told me a technician will be in touch soon. They’ve always been very responsive. I’ve never had a technician that caused me any problem. There's been a virus that I’ve had them take care of or suddenly my computer shuts down and I can’t get it restarted. They always resolve whatever the issue is. It’s been a good experience and I have recommended My Computer Works to other people.

My Computer Works response

Rick, we are so happy that you are loving our service! Thank you for your 5 star review!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My Computer Works has people who have always helped me whenever I call them. When I request for service, their rep calls me back and I tell him the problem. They always deal with it. They are very polite and quick. I'm 66, so sometimes, I ask stupid questions and they don't care. One time, my computer kept turning itself off and I had to turn it back on. They went through all the programs I had and any kind of strange ware that showed up, they took it out and then it stopped doing it. It was fixed. Overall, they do a great job and I’m completely satisfied with them.

My Computer Works response

So happy we could help you out, Retha! Thank you for the review.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

My Computer Works have techs that were pretty cool and sharp about some things, but some of them are just more in depth about stuff. The tech I recently had from My Computer Works was good. I asked what if I have a question about something that has nothing to do with like the program and they said that I can call anytime.

However, most of the time when I call, I don’t get anybody to answer. I have to leave a voicemail then they put me in the queue. It gets pretty busy in that queue sometimes but lately, they’ve been pretty much answering the phone. If it's the tech that I want, then they’ll call me back. There were techs that I preferred over all of them, but they’ve moved up the ladder. Some of them have told me things that helped me out to understand the computer more. Some of them would even tell me and walk me through it, and then I’ll just make my own notes so I don't have to keep calling them back and then I can do it on my own. However, there were a couple of techs before who had an attitude. I was not impressed with them. It was like I was wasting their time, so that discouraged me for a while. I didn’t ask for them again and just move on to somebody else. But other than that, they’ve all been friendly, outgoing and knowledgeable.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the 5 star review, Dolores! We love getting feedback from our clients.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I got My Computer Works through HomeAdvisor and requesting their service was not difficult at all. My issue was I had those inbox "lock up" things that you have to use, the inbox "fix it" tool, which I couldn't find. The gentleman who ended up helping me was very efficient. He found that the inbox repair tool and put the little icon on my desktop so that I wouldn't have trouble finding it again. I couldn't be happier with the help he gave me. I was 100% satisfied and very pleased with the work that was done. I haven't had the same type of issue since and I'm confident that if I do, I just go to that little thing that he put on the desktop for me. I would recommend them.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, Roberta!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

A couple of months ago, I talked to My Computer Works about transitioning from my computer to a Mac product and needed to make an appointment. I got a nice voicemail message and I had to leave a message, but I would rather have somebody answer the phone. I've had them for a couple of years and decided that this was not worth it. I was paying a premium service where I could get an hour’s call back and that’s never happened so I fell away from it. I found them one day and thought that I had to go back to them and see if anything has changed. The problem there was that I didn’t get the timing of the service. If I have a problem, I need to hear from somebody within a few hours, but it’s been a few days already. Fortunately, I've only had that maximum frustration twice.

In the past, My Computer Works has been able to solve the issues that I was having 100%. I’ve had two people there. They were so techie that if I don’t get it right away, they were a little less patient than others. Nevertheless, they were effective in solving the problem as they took over the computer and fixed it. Although, the timing of that solution could improve. I still recommend them even though their response time was not what they promised. I’m a real estate agent who is not a techie, so I’ve had my struggles, and they have been very helpful and very knowledgeable.

My Computer Works response

We are happy to help. Thank you for your feedback and review, Pennie!

My Computer Works expert review by ConsumerAffairs

My Computer Works, Inc. was established in 2005 and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. They offer remote technical support for all types of devices to individuals and businesses.

• Service options: My Computer Works offers a wide variety of services, including remote assistance, data backup, onsite support, virus removal and more. They can help customers with both PCs and Macs as well as smart phones and tablets.

• Membership plans: My Computer Work offers several types of memberships and stand-alone services to meet consumers’ needs. The company’s website clearly lists the services included in and prices of each plan.

• Online chat: Interested consumers can get answers to their questions about My Computer Works via a live chat tool on the company’s website. This tool makes it easy to learn more about their services.

• Response time: Each membership plan lists the maximum time frame customers will have to wait to receive support after they report a problem. Consumers can feel confident in knowing their request will be addressed in a timely fashion.

• Blog: Interested consumers can flow the MCW Blog to read about tech news and treads as well as way they can protect themselves from online scammers. The blog is updated regularly.

• Best for: My Computer Works, Inc. is best for those looking for either remote or onsite technical support for their business or home computers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs