toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very reliable service! Expert techs and very friendly staff at Computer Works. Anytime that I call, it takes 1-3 hours for them to reply back and fix any problem. Give them a try. I've been with them for almost three years now.

My Computer Works (MCW) have always been professional, courteous and willing to assist me with any and all of the computer problems I may have. MCW will walk you through their set up, very patient with this limited computer skilled person!! Have been with MCW for several years, initially, they corrected a major virus my computer had (took a couple of days). Highly recommend this group for your computer needs.

I've been a subscriber of MCW for at least 5 years-maybe more. Whatever problem that I have had with my computer always got fixed. As I write these words, I'm a little amazed myself at those words. I can't think of many services or companies that always fix whatever is wrong. The techies and other personnel have always been easy to deal with. I recommend My Computer Works 100%.

I believe I've been with My Computer Works for ten+ years now. I typically have to call them 2-4 times a year for different issues. Every time they have been able to resolve the problem and provide helpful advise. Not only do they fix the problem, they typically review my system to make sure it is running efficiently. Excellent value for the money as I know it would cost me 3-5 times as much...and the downtime is minimal. One of the few companies I would recommend to anyone!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Computer Works helped me three times. The first two times were critical and the third time is a platform issue. They solved it all and they are scarily efficient. It was fast and I was not used to fast service. With my hosting company I get up at 2:00 in the morning and call them, because that's when the techs are available, so that's no fun. My Computer Works is a good system. Their reps were perfect. They were courteous and knowledgeable. It's a big surprise to me that there is an actual company that does stuff because I've been accustomed to relying on local geniuses to help. They work in a business-like way, and it's a wonderful service. I’ve known about LogMeIn and it’s tough to know who you’re gonna let in to your computer. But with My Computer Works, I have not had a single security concern, and they’ve performed very, very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They're very professional, friendly, and courteous at My Computer Works. They know what they're doing and it takes a little bit of time to do it, but they usually get back to you within an hour. They take care of the issues and they explain things very well. I haven't had any issues with my computer since the last two times that they looked at it. It was an excellent experience and I would recommend the company to anyone.

My Computer Works just hooked up my new multi-use, wireless printer. The technician was fantastic in explaining everything and not giving up when roadblocks popped up. And she did fixed everything remotely. In short, my monthly fee is well worth it as I use the company often, saving hundreds of dollars per year.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

About three weeks ago I got a scam announcement that said that my computer was infected with a Trojan and that I needed to call them. It had an 888 number there which is toll free but I did not call them. I instead called My Computer Works and they got right back to me within about an hour. The rep said that they've seen the exact same one before. It's performed in the country of India by some people that just roam around looking for victims. He also told me that one of his clients, some elderly woman, unfortunately went ahead and called them. They were the nicest people and were very polite and they ripped her off all of her money out of her checking account. She was naive enough to give them the passwords for her checking account. So he said they're glad I didn't do that. I told him that's why I'm paying for their service because I don't know what's real and what's not real regarding computers. I'm pretty uneducated about those.

However, I thought of dropping the service about a year ago. When I called, the woman on the line there said it might be good for me to call them quarterly, if not, more frequently and have them do what they call a tune-up. They can scan everything for malware, viruses and other things and eliminate them. She also said she realized I didn't have the skills to do that. So I've been doing that and really, my computer has been working a lot better since then. I'm happy with the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Sometimes my computer’s working really slow or it's doing something it's not supposed to do so I call My Computer Works. They check it, find all the viruses and fix whatever the problem is. I have the plan that they call up to make an appointment and they call me the next day. Usually, someone calls me back within an hour to make the appointment. It depends on how busy they are. Sometimes I get service the same day if they're not too busy which is okay too. At any time I worked with technicians from the company, they knew what they're doing and they were quick about it too. Sometimes it took a couple of hours because they had to wait in between screens to change and when they were checking for viruses. But they're great to call back and explain what's wrong and what they did to fix it.

Recently, I turned my computer on and the screen lit up with the HP sign and little circles were going round and round. But it then went into a black screen and I couldn’t sign in. The first time I called about this problem, the technician told me that it had something to do with Microsoft’s new way of updating the computer. Supposedly, it was fixed, but it happened again the next day. When I called back, the second guy said it had nothing to do with the updating but with Windows 10 messing up the computer. He went in and changed things around so that Windows 10 won't screw up my computer again. He said he was going to talk to our technicians and tell them what he found the problem to be. Everything’s fixed. The computer runs a little bit slow like he said it would but that's okay. I'll recommend My Computer Works to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've always had good support and assistance from My Computer Works. If I call on a weekday morning at 7:00 or 8:00 o'clock in the morning, I can't always get what I would call an immediate response just because they're busy. However, I've never been in a situation where I'd have to have something done at that immediate minute or I was gonna die. So from that point of view, any waiting time has not been an inconvenience and that helps. Any issue has always been resolved remotely. There's always been a level of improvement with the performance of my computer. There hasn't been any issue after I've had them, and I didn't get off and say, "Oh gee, it's not working," or "Gee, I have to call them back."

MyComputerWorks.com "ALWAYS" solves any and all computer problems that I have AND ALL their techs have English as their first language. I can call them for ANY computer problem and they CHEERFULLY (and in English) assist however they can.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a problem with my computer and Matt from My Computer Works went above and beyond the call of duty getting it fixed for me. He was very articulate, very patient, and was very determined to solve the problem. And he did and so I have absolutely no complaints. Recently, I could not get to Yahoo! and they kept telling me that my username was issued to some other name so they wouldn't let me in. I called My Computer Works and I was surprised that I got in so quickly. It usually takes longer because the reps are busy but I had somebody within two hours of my initial request.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a tune-up every six months with My Computer Works. They are topnotch across the board. My Computer Works took on a major problem when I first hooked up with them. So far, my computer's running better.

From the owner of the company Luke Ford to the many technicians - most recently Ryan, Allen & Hayden - they give exemplary customer service. They immediately connect and will work for days if necessary to resolve your problem. Incredible!!!

I have always been pleased with the help or assistance that I have received from My Computer Works. A number of years ago we had contracted with a fellow to do some work on our computer and shortly thereafter our hard drive failed. They kept bugging us to check our computer and I told them what happened. I don't know if there was a connection, but they still keep calling.

Our Apple gradually got more and more sluggish. Kept having messages that computer was compromised with viruses. Eventually the computer stopped working altogether. We called My Computer Works. The technician you sent was well versed in all aspects of the Apple and is licensed in repair of Apple computers. As it turns out our computer was full of viruses, which your technician (Carlos) got rid of. He set us up with a reliable security company, reset everything on the computer and gave us lots of information on how to keep the machine working properly. He was courteous, extremely knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. We are very satisfied with the results of our call to "My Computer Works".

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have My Computer Works do a cleanup of my computer at least once a month. One of the technicians called me and I clicked on the little icon and they join with my computer. I use a desktop daily for my work and home, so it’s important to me that it’s running quickly and efficiently. When it looks like it’s getting bogged down and the restarts don’t work anymore, I give them a call and they call me back the same day and either schedule an appointment or take care of the cleanup right then. I have called them in the past for a viral attack and they were right on top of it. When it comes to something important, the techs are back to me within minutes with advice on what to do. They even give general advice on different types of software, when to upgrade the computer, etc. I’ve had nothing but good experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been with My Computer Works for nine years. I joined up with them a couple of months after they started. I have a home office and I have my desktop and laptop under contract and service with them. They have been there for me from the very beginning. I am very comfortable with the fact that my computer is not being attacked, that I could call them any time I want them to do a cleanup and a run.

Recently, I had a situation where my hard drive was starting to fail on my desktop which was less than two years old, so My Computer Works helped me make sure that I purchased the right hard drive. I also pay for their backup service, so all my data is backed up on their server every day. Sometimes if I do a lot of work, I have the capability of doing a second backup that day. The transition and swapping out the hard drives went great, and I did not lose any data whatsoever. I rely heavily on my client database to run my business, so that was extremely crucial to me. I'm glad that they saw it happening before it crashed completely.

There wasn't a time when My Computer Works' technicians didn’t do what was expected of them. I’m computer savvy as far as software goes, using programs and things like that, and I could usually figure out if I want to change a configuration within the computer. But when I have a question I am not sure about, I always call them and they are so wonderful. They don’t make me feel like I'm stupid. They’re very professional, patient and really great to work with. Also, there are times during the year where I am traveling outside the US and I have a VoIP system, which means they could reach me on a US number anywhere in the world. I've had to call from other countries and they call back on my US number, and everything is fine.

I continue to be amazed at how effective it is to work with My Computer Works. Each tech is knowledgeable and extremely proficient in making my computers work exceptionally well. I heartily recommend them!

My hard drive was failing, MCW helped me select the correct replacement, order the necessary items to do the swap. It was a easy transition and I did not lose any files or important client data for my business. I have been with MCW for 9 years.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just bought a new computer so I needed help to get everything set up. Setting up Microsoft and even my e-mail account was hard for me. The people at My Computer Works were very helpful. The first gentleman I spoke with was with me for five and a half hours. He worked on my account. I had to call back again and the next girl I spoke with was so sweet. I really recommend this service to anybody that is having problems or is illiterate with their computer like I am.

After they finished with their services, there was a great deal of improvement and I was very pleased with it because I felt like I was back to understanding what my computer was doing for me. It worked out really well. I’m glad that I have them as an account and that I can rely on them any time. Sometimes they can’t get back to me right away but it’s understandable. When people are good at their job, then it takes them a while to get back to somebody.

I have used My Computer Works services for a number of years now. They have solved many problems for me, have never failed to do so. I highly recommend them to all my friends and anyone who needs technical help. Thank you again and again, My Computer Works Technicians!

I make a living as a business broker, business valuations & machinery & equipment appraisals. Most evenings, I have computer work that has to be completed for the next morning. Local techies offer service from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., no Saturdays or Sundays. My Computer has extended hours 7 days a week. Secondly, all technicians are consistent/standard in their approach. I simply sign in & go about my work. You call when finished. Totally professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My computer was running slow and there was a malware problem that the technician discovered. I go online to request for service, and I usually get an answer quickly. There's also a clock running to tell me when my number is up and ready. They fix problems and everything works until the next malware or if something happens. It's an excellent experience with My Computer Works, and I've recommended them.

I was hacked twice. Computer Works was able to fix the problem in a timely fashion. The techs I spoke with were knowledgeable explained what was happening and answered my questions in a way I could understand.

I have been delighted with the help I get from My Computer Works (MCW). While I can run circles around most people within a computer application, if I cannot open an application, or something happens to my computer, I am absolutely helpless. My sons have tried to help me, but they quickly get frustrated with my ignorance. On the other hand, every technician I have spoken with at MCW has not only been helpful, every one was gentle and offered explanations that I could understand. All of them have extended themselves to ensure that I don't get in trouble again often taking hours to clean up something I have stupidly done. I can recommend MCW for their great customer service, promptness, and ability to solve my issues. Thank you.

The last time I had a problem w/ my HP computer, all of the techs at MCW were VERY helpful-- friendly, professional, and really seemed to want to solve my problem {which they did}. I am enjoying my computer now-- thanks!!

The monthly fee is a little heavy but... The service is absolutely worth it!!!!! Any problems with my computer, they are right there ready to help. When I first called, I thought for sure my computer was hopelessly infected... Thanks to MCW it's now as good as new. I will be with them for a long time. Great USA based business!

I've subscribed to MCW for at least 10 years. The services this company provides, and technical expertise, far exceeds my expectations. Utilizing this service has enabled me to do my job with little to no interruption. Plus, MCW keeps my PC clear of viruses, and each time I need to upgrade my equipment they are there to provide everything needed to transfer the old data to the new machine, and get me up and running in no time!!! I highly value this extremely capable service company!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 10, 2016

My claim was very satisfactorily resolved.

My Computer Works

Hi Sandra, I’m sorry you are frustrated. Patricia, Customer Service Manager, attempted to reach you, just yesterday (10/12). She left a message stating we can either cancel your service or put the membership on hold until you finish moving. We do our best to make ourselves available for all of our members’ needs. Although, obviously, we’re not perfect. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Dave 480-751-1953

Consumer Services Manager

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I called twice to suspend my service since we are moving and I am not sure when my computer will be turned on again. Both times I was transferred from customer service to billing. I called within the daily timeframes and no one answered but I was advised to leave a message for a call back. I have left two messages but have not received a call back. I am just going to cancel my service.

My Computer Works Company Profile