4.79/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

My Computer Works! ...Does yours?

My Computer Works, Inc. is a leading provider of help desk and personal technology support services for thousands of consumers and small businesses nationwide. The company's friendly, patient and professional U.S.-based technicians are available 7 days a week to solve your problems immediately.

With a number of affordable options, including one-time support and unlimited support memberships, everyone should be able to say: "My Computer Works! Does Yours?"

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

277 My Computer Works Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had three techs help me, Mark, Walter and the third was Anthony. All three were very professional and courteous. Anthony the last of the three was exceptional, he explained everything and guided me through icons, a very patient man and I thank him for that, and yes I would glad recommend your company to any of my friends or anyone that is needing computer help. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I like My Computer Works because I know somebody on the other end will work on my computer. Typically, I explain the problem and then they work on my computer while I'm away from it. And then they call me during different phases of it and will explain what they're doing and what's happening. Sometimes I'll have to ask another question or so but they're good about following up. They typically respond within a day too. So far, they’ve resolved any issues that I've had.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, Gary!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My Computer Works solved my problem. They have very cordial and knowledgeable representatives. I’ve had an excellent experience and will continue to return for their service.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the review!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Called on Thursday to schedule an appointment to have a television installed. Spoke with Josh. He assured me they could have a technician out Saturday afternoon, so I took the day off missing out on 12 hours plus of overtime (approx $800). Saturday morning I get a call from their office. She tells me that they do not have a technician in this area and won't have until Monday. She assured me that she would have a technician here between 6:00 and 7:00pm. So again... I left work early today, missing out on even more overtime. Technician is a NO SHOW!!! Called their office, got the long list of BS apologies and excuses then was transferred to another dept where I had to leave a voicemail. Finally received a return call and they tell me the technician was never assigned the call... just more BS excuses! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

MyComputerWorks.com is a complete fraud! They have not done a single thing they promised to do. They haven't followed through on ANYTHING! They've cost me close to $1000 in lost wages. DO NOT CALL THIS COMPANY... YOU'LL REGRET IT!!! I can assure you that I will be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the State of Colorado Attorney General!!!

My Computer Works response

Lex, we are so sorry for any inconveniences we have caused you. We always want to have our technicians show up within the window of time we had agreed upon. If our technician was a no-show, we will be sure to deal with that on our end. Fortunately, we do not charge any fees until the technicians reach your home and begin working. If there is anything we can do to rectify this situation, please reach out to us.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My interactions with the reps at My Computer Works have been excellent. They are very customer oriented and they not only fix the problem but they also try to let me understand what they’re doing. I’ve been with them for over a year now and six or seven times I brought my computer to them. They had solved the issues every time and they’ve been very pleasant in doing it. I pick up things in the daily use of my computer and it slows down but they have always been able to take care of it for me. I’ve also used them on the mobile telephones and they do a good job on that too. They’re great and they seem like a very honest and reputable company, and I’ve been very happy with them.

My Computer Works response

We are glad we could help! Thank you for reviewing us, Art!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I've had a very good experience with My Computer Works. They are excellent and I would recommend them.

My Computer Works response

John, thank you very much for your review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was scammed one night. I called one place that was located in England, then gave them my credit card and they charge my account. So, I said to myself that it was a scam and I wasn't feeling safe. Then I found My Computer Works, spoke to a woman, and she cleaned up the whole thing. Then we joined them, which was about a year ago and we've been together ever since. Before that, we had a fellow in the neighborhood who did it but he got another job because he wasn't making out with fixing computers and there wasn't enough work for him. And then through the years, we got other people come in. With My Computer Works, when I call them, 15 minutes later someone calls me back. We then sit down, work on it, and then I'm back online.

Recently, my screen shrunk on me and the toolbar on the bottom was halfway up. I called and spoke to a gentleman named Vincent on the phone but he couldn’t get into my computer because I couldn’t okay it, and the bottom of the screen was blocking it. After about five minutes, we finally got it down then he could log in and worked with me. I’m 77 years old and he was very patient in telling me what to do since computers to me are a new toy and I know nothing about them. But he explained it to me and everything was okay. I’ve learned a few things now by myself and I like the idea when I or Vincent logs in, the screen tells us that My Computer Works has run a test on the computer, it’s nice to see.

The people that I've dealt with a few times now are very patient, knowledgeable, and wonderful. It's well worth the investment every month, they’ve got service from 8:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night. I jumped too fast the first time but now, I would never jump again because I've got something safe. It's a very positive experience and I’m very satisfied that we joined up.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My Computer Works told me that changing the hard drive on my computer would take care of all the problems. I talked to eight different people during the course of this thing and the last two people said my computer should never have been upgraded to Windows 10 and that it was the new hard drive that was causing the slew of problems I was getting, so they refunded my money and I bought a new computer. The people I dealt with were very nice but the guy who sold me on this upfront should never have done so. Overall, my experience wasn't good and I would never go back to them or trust them in the future because of what they did.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I stopped the service from My Computer Works because I couldn't get them to call me back on a problem I had. I started August 18th of 2015 and have been paying $39.95 for two solid years and when they didn't return my call, I called the credit card company and told them to stop the payment. I heard nothing from Computer Works. I even sent them an email but they never responded to it.

We had a trucking company and they lost three years of our drivers' logs when they reinstalled my computer and I couldn’t get those back. They guaranteed they wouldn't lose it, but they did. Every time I talked to somebody, they were always telling me they'd set me up for a 9:00 appointment but they let me wait for their call. I have a business at my home and I couldn't sit for two or three hours for them to call me back. I talked to several people and they all said they can't say a time. Then, they dropped the price to $19.95. I paid them for three months and then I stopped it. Overall, I'm dissatisfied with them and I will never use them again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My Computer Works keeps my computer free from bugs. I have their monthly service and I like that I don’t have to think about it. I can call in if there’s something wrong with the computer and I'll be put in a queue depending on where my call falls in line of everybody else who needs some technical assistance that day. When it comes up to the no. 1 spot, one of the technicians will call me back, talk to me about the problem, connect with the computer, and take care of it. They always take care of everything right away and the computer has been excellent since the last service. The people I worked with were good and I’m comfortable and satisfied. It’s convenient and dependable.

My Computer Works response

Morgan, we are glad you enjoy our membership services! Thank you for your review!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My printer wasn't working, so I called My Computer Works to get it working. It ended up to be an all-day thing. They put you on hold a lot. The technician did something that it should have worked, but it didn't and you have to pay him upfront. I had to call back. It was like four or five hours before they returned the call. I'm older, and I’m not computer literate. They act like, "You should know all this stuff." Well, I'm sorry. I didn't grow up with computers.

I have no qualms about the service. It was just the expense of it. The thing is that, when they said it was fixed, it really wasn't fixed. I feel I paid for a service that I didn't receive. But there's nothing I can do about it. It was paid for. It was frustrating. The time involved and that you pay upfront, which I can see why they have to do that. But, they pressure you into buying the package, and then they don't honor the package.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Jason ** did an exemplary job of finding the problem with my computer and fixing it. It took him a long time to fix the issue and I commend his perseverance. He was also very patient with me as I am rather slow on the computer. I'd recommend your company highly.

My Computer Works response

Eileen, thank you for your review!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I called My Computer Works with a very technical problem and as soon as they could take over my computer, everything went perfectly. The tech straightened all the problem out and got the virus out. Everything they have done has been extremely efficient. They're friendly and nice, especially considering that I’m over 70 and not good at this stuff. I’ve had dealings with other companies and it’s been miserable. However, the young men from My Computer Works are so respectful and understanding and they don’t snort at me.

On average, they've helped out with my computer issues once a month. It’s very simple to request for service that even I can do it. I call the number and if they’re having a busy time, they call me back and then take over the computer and do a wonderful job. If I want to know what they’re doing exactly, they’ll tell me. My computer works the way it’s supposed to after a service. I've been with My Computer Works for almost a year and the service is expensive, but it’s worth it because they’re just a phone call away.

Another good thing is when there's a holiday and they’re not gonna be available, they send me an email to remind me that they won’t be in the office so if I have any problems, I just wait until the next day. It's very respectful. My Computer Works is very pleasant to deal with and I am very pleased. I have recommended them and I will continue to do so. My sister-in-law and a couple of my friends are now using them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have been working with My Computer Works for two years. They've always been dependable every time I call. They give me an appointment and when the time rolls around, they usually call to let me know if they can't get to me. I'm real satisfied with them. They have always been able to solve the issues that I've had. They did service on my computer lately. It is going to be slow topped with a hard drive in it but it's still running.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, Bill!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Requesting service with My Computer Works is sometimes good and sometimes, it isn't. The people that work there are very nice. But sometimes, they're so overworked that they barely have time to get back to me in a period of time that I want. They're supposed to get back in an hour but sometimes, it takes several hours. The most recent one that I called them was for something that my computer wasn't doing right. Once I got them to help me, it worked better.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My experience with My Computer Works has been very erratic in the past several years. I have seen the service jump from excellent to terrible to fair. My computer was running slow the last time and it was very difficult to reach anybody. They say they’re going to do something but they do not. I have to keep going back since they have a lot of different techs. And just because you call, you don’t get the same person all the time. So if the problem doesn’t get settled the first time, you just have to call back. You just have to keep on trying until you get somebody who can fix it. While communications can be improved and I’ve talked to Luke Ford as recently as three weeks ago about it, they’re still a long way from fixing the problem.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was on vacation when I started having computer issues and from where I was, I didn’t know a soul. I did a search and found My Computer Works. The guy came in within a couple of hours and checked for spyware, adware – those kinds of things. He was very pleasant and helped with my issues. But what resolved it was a new hard drive and after that, I felt a little more confident that I was safe in using my computer. They were very polite and concerned with my issues. They were also speedy on the job and I’m not dissatisfied with their service. I knew that when I walked in the door, I was obligating myself for six months which is 60 bucks a month and that was back in March. But I need to contact them and end my subscription since I have found a local technician.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, David! We are happy we solve all your computer issues!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I am 89 years old, am demanding in spite of my frailties, or because of my frailties. My computer went down, and I called My Computer Works. They were responsive, timely and efficient, which is very important to me. The pricing was something I could afford, since I am on pension. They were understanding of my position and condition, and very insightful in dealing with me.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for the review, Elaine!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Contacted what I presumed to be main office of "My Computer Works" and described problems I was having. Was told services available and costs and opted for one time service charge. Was contacted by service rep shortly thereafter and after discussing problems service rep proceeded to explain process involved and he started his service. Contacted me several times and successfully completed cleaning up the problems with my computer to my personal satisfaction.

My Computer Works response

Jerome, thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Great experience. Pleasure to talk to and fix the problem fast!!! Would recommend that everyone use their service. A grade A company and fast service. They really saved me a lot of trouble and help me get my computer back to its old self. Thanks!

My Computer Works response

Thank you for you review!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Had a bad experience with scammer. Found a company to take care of my computer. They closed. Difficult to trust next company and received excellent service from My Computer Works. Very professional, patient, easy to follow their directions. Have confidence in using their service again.

My Computer Works response

Arthur, we are so happy we could help you! Thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I've been with My Computer Works for about 7 years. They solved issues to the best of their ability in remote and did a good job for me. They do more than just the computer and do their best to help if I got problems with email. They have a program wherein they're supposed to get back in an hour and I can ask for a credit if they don't. I've never done it and right now they have a tendency to get back in 2-3 hours. I am recently trying to change over my billing to a different program and I talked to them this morning. They were very polite however it was hard to get to them. Their main person that deals with that was out but I got them. I'm a realtor and My Computer Works is a good program for me. I'm surprised that more realtors don't use it but I recommend it. I'm satisfied with My Computer Works.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The Tech, Mathew, was very polite and professional. He was a true Knight on a digital, white horse. Thank you so much. I will connect to and utilize the internet with confidence from now on. Thank You SO Much.

My Computer Works response

Thank you for your review, Misty!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Everything has to be done with a computer and machines and I don't like it. I have to use a computer every single time and My Computer Works has saved my life. Sometimes, I get frustrated with the problems but their reps are always very nice, patient and kind. In fact, I was just talking to somebody and he was trying to help me. I'm going to continue with My Computer Works as long as I have a computer.

My Computer Works response

Clara, thank you for your review! We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Having problems with a scammer, who was telling me I had problems with Microsoft, I then called Computer Works and they checked out my computer and there was no problem with it, needless to say they gave me a very uplifting day.

My Computer Works response

Catherine, we are glad we could help you out. Thank you for the review!

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2017

Nothing more to say - MCW IS TOP OF THE LINE & puts other tech support companies to shame. Thx

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Several days ago, I had a horrible experience trying to acquire a Tech Service Company, that was honest - upfront & reliable. After McAfee ripped me off, I was in tears - & turned to Consumer Affairs to report them - now I've learned since, that they won't let me report them as they are contenders. Unreal. In my huge dilemma, I requested the top 3 tech support firms with the best of current ratings... & I contacted MCW. It is the BEST MOVE I have made in years. The sales person Kerry, was superb - patience unmatched! She gave me an appt time the following morning (since I was too burnt same evening after all day McAfee lies & runaround) ...& believe me - I was literally shocked that Kenneth (my tech guy this day) called me first thing next morning - as promised. Poor guy - spent hours & hours getting my system back on track - & every single time he told me he would do something - HE DID.

In this day & age, your word means more than anything to someone like me - & he is excellent. Taught me an abominable amount of knowledge - fixed & checked out every single thing I requested - & if I had not have gotten such a TOP NOTCH TECH - I would just chalk it up as another "McAfee firm." He absolutely was a wealth of relief to me & I am indebted for life. Unless something drastically changes with MCW - I am sold for life. No kidding. From start to finish - this young & upcoming firm is making giant strides in their industry - & I truly bet, that with the team I dealt with, they will surely pass every other competitor out there. CONGRATS ON MAKING ME A LIFETIME CUSTOMER!

My Computer Works response

Brenda, we are so glad you loved our service! Thank you for your review, and we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

All I know is that You guys are super and I would recommend you to anyone. I would never use anyone else. This company has saved me multiple times from problems I could not solve myself. It would be to your advantage to use this company. They are super!

My Computer Works response

Richard, we are glad to know that you are happy with our service! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Living in a remote area when my computer went down I looked in the yellow pages and choose My Computer Works not knowing what to expect. The technician was friendly and courteous and appreciated my concern that I might lose everything especially my business info. He worked on my computer three days from 8 am to 2 pm local. I thought he might say "this is too much forget it". He did not and I now have my computer back operational. I would recommend My Computer Works without hesitation.

My Computer Works response

Bryan, thank you so much for your review!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

A scammer inactivated my Windows 10 operating system which made it impossible for me to access my computer, it also inactivated the mouse. The computer expert was very friendly and professional and was able to repair the problem without difficulty. I can recommend this service without reservations.

My Computer Works response

Ursula, thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I had some issues with strange websites coming up when I thought it was going to my home page and My Computer Works repaired that for me. I have them as a service for about seven years and they're always very professional. My computer is always better after they work on it.

My Computer Works response

Elizabeth, thank you for the review! We are always happy to help you out!

My Computer Works Company Information