toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We have been very happy with our subscription to My Computer Works. The assistants are patient and stay with me until I have an answer to my problem. Sometimes I need to wait longer than I like, but that is a sign that others like and use MCW as well.

Had problems with a company who provided me security against viruses, but continued to charge huge amounts of money until I called your company who disconnected the service, did a complete scan, and provided one at a reasonable yearly price without the continual price increases and badgering.

I have been using My Computer Works for YEARS! Every time I get a new computer they transfer everything over and get me all set up with what I need. They do automatic updates on my system so if my hard drive crashes they have everything to transfer to a new computer. They help with upgrades, computer purchasing advice and troubleshooting every virus or problem you can think of. They call back usually within 1 hour and spent as long as it takes to handle all of your issues. I HIGHLY recommend them and would not trust anyone else with my privacy or computer systems.

Technician was very friendly and took care of everything. Great Experience. He set up my computer and set it up for backups letting me know that my initial backup will take a while to complete and not to shut my computer down.

My Computer Works

Thank you for spreading the word about our company and also for this great review!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Your tech was SO helpful in "fixing" the Open Office program and installing a better program. I am always pleased with the customer service from your company. Your tech guys are A, Number 1 in my book! When asked, I always give info about your company to my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

My Computer Works

Wow thank you guys for this great review! We love helping our realtors!

Original review: April 20, 2017

My wife and I are both realtors and are somewhat technologically challenged. Over the past 4 or 5 years, My Computer Works has provided consistent top quality assistance for us. They are always knowledgeable, courteous, and above all patient with our ineptness. They literally have kept us in business with their quality service. Highly recommended.

When I made the appointment my number in line was 17. Usually that means I had time to do something else. I was called in about 15 minutes. The problem was me. I did not leave the DVD in long enough for the computer to recognize that it was a DVD and to play it. The tech was very understanding.

They are pretty fast getting back to you most of the time. But once they are in they fix the computer fast and fix any other problem showing up while in there. I have been very happy with their service.

My Computer Works

Thank you Helen! We are glad you are happy with our services :)

Original review: April 20, 2017

I have had very pleasant experiences dealing with your company, or I would not still be using them. The techs are very knowledgeable and do a very adequate job keeping my computer, which is not exactly brand new, running. They are cooperative and friendly. Yes, I would recommend your company to a friend.

My Computer Works

We are more than happy that your computer runs perfectly now! We try our hardest to get rid of the nasty viruses. Thanks for the review!

Original review: April 20, 2017

My computer had been hacked. Your rep not only fixed the hacking involved but also did the impending Windows updates. My computer now runs very smoothly with great speed. No longer do I have to wait while my computer has to go thru an update. Thank you!

Keith did a great job of fixing our fax connected to our computer and fixing a problem in our Outlook email, where a send file was stuck and could not send. He reloaded the drivers to the printer and told us how to make some needed changes in the printer. Thanks for the great service.

Re-installing Malware & checking PC for issues - Keith called on time and was very polite and professional. He described what he intended doing and why and called back to check in with me about deleting something prior to doing so. He answered all of my questions satisfactorily without using jargon. He is the sort of technical guy that any computer based company would be glad to employ. Thanks "My Computer Works", cheers.

I contacted My Computer Works after all my attempts failed to get my Dell laptop display working. After I paid an activation fee, a brief call with their support experts followed and we all determined that fixing the laptop would cost more than purchasing a new one. Following the support call, the business office called and offered a full refund of my paid fees because they had not been able to help or resolve my problem. That never happens so, yes, I highly recommend the company.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your great review Elaine! We are so happy that our techs are able to help you with the most difficult tech problems :)

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have been using MCW since 2015. Service is performed by professional, techs who are able to resolve difficult computer issues. I originally contacted them due to hacking of my computer through a Facebook page. The "bug" was difficult to find but they devoted hours to finding it and removing it. I now have more protections on my computer that they recommended and also they backup my data everyday (and NOT to the Cloud!!!). Though I'm retired now, I still have MCW as my "Go To" Computer service to support my computer.

My Computer Works

Thank you Carol for the amazing review! We are more than happy that you were satisfied with our services :)

Original review: April 13, 2017

Keith ** was very cordial and efficient in handling my issues. What a relief to know I have someone to call for assistance rather than bump around the internet looking for someone who has had the same problem. Very affordable too when I compare it to the Assure Plan from another company. I'm sorry I don't know the order number.

Keith's customer service for me -- a brand new MCW customer -- was excellent. He was cheerful, patient, reassuring, and extremely helpful, always asking me if he could do anything else for me. As I just had an absolutely horrible experience w/ Geeks on Site -- whose customer service is worse than dreadful -- Keith's approach was a very refreshing and encouraging experience for me. He typified what customer service should be! I hope this will go in his personnel file! Thank you.

I had problems with my iMac dragging and not refreshing, etc. for some time so I called MCW and was explained how the process works. I was skeptical of someone actually fixing the problem over the phone or via remote login but after speaking to the customer service rep who was helping me, I watched him for the first 10 minutes go through simple cleanup steps, etc. I later returned to a phone call telling me to try it out and within 45 minutes, it was working fine, and the problem was actually something that I downloaded thinking it was a software program to help me which I was using for months.

MCW did not only a great job but explained everything to me, took their time, were very patient, and spoke to me on a level that was consistent with my knowledge of computers. They didn't try to overtalk me, they explained things simply and easily, and got the job done quickly. I'm very happy to know that I can call them any time with any problem on my computer, iPhone, etc. and if I have any other issues, they will be the first people I call!

My Computer Works

Thank you Peggy! We are glad that we exceeded your expectations :-)

Original review: April 13, 2017

My experience was wonderful. The technician recovered my files and exceeded my expectations. I'm so glad I chose MCW in my search and dialed their number. I'm very happy and pleased with this company and would recommend them to anyone without a second thought. Thank you Abby and a special thank you to Cody. Thanks so much.

My Computer Works always promptly answers the phone, take my name and number and let me know that a technician will call me asap. They always call within an hour or two. They are very nice people and fix all my computer issues. I recommend!

I could not receive emails with my Microsoft Outlook, would always get a "Send/Receive error" message. It took two technicians from My Computer Works and multiple attempts to correct the problem. After much frustration, it seems the problem is solved. The technician had to research with Microsoft and reset my account from POP to IMAP. Email works now, wife happy.

My Computer Works

Thank you for being a loyal customer and the wonderful review!

Original review: April 12, 2017

I have used My Computer Works for several years now and have been very pleased with their service. In my business as a Realtor, I can't afford to have my computer down for any length of time and there always seems to be some issue that pops up at the most inappropriate times. I've tried other computer techs and they're just not responsive enough and too expensive. As an executive level member, I receive a call from a tech within a half hour almost every time and they've never failed to solve my issues quickly. All have been very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this company to anyone who depends on their computers!

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review! We are happy we were able to help you out :)

Original review: April 11, 2017

Connecting to Yahoo was taking a very long time. Apparently, it was AT&T that was doing some kind of maintenance on the airwaves, so our modem needed to be reset. Keith told me to do it again if it slows down again. GREAT JOB, Keith! Therefore, if it happens again, I know how to fix it.

My Computer Works

We are so glad that one of our techs were able to help you Linda! Thank you for the great review.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Worked with Keith and a lady at TurboTax. Keith was a real life saver and after hours, was able to solve my problems. Kudos for the job he did and how he stayed with it until solved. You guys are GREAT.

My Computer Works

Wow Mark thank you for the wonderful review! We will make sure to tell our techs how great they are doing :)

Original review: April 10, 2017

Request to Remove Malware. Crystal was prompt, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. She was very helpful with her advice. And she performed some setup actions to help me avoid future issues. Work order appears to have been successfully completed. I experienced no problems using my laptop this evening. Satisfied customer so far.

Would recommend to a friend based on service thus far. My first service was long over 2 days due to so many updates needed on Windows. Talked to several technical staff during that time. My questions were answered and the service was explained well. Staff is very courteous.

We had very good service working together on these computer issues. Our contact person, Keith, was very patient and helpful. Thank you. Would definitely recommend this service for friends and relatives. I am a senior citizen, and not a "techie", so do appreciate patience. Do you all help with cell phones?

My Computer Works

Wow thank you Ellie! We are so happy that your computer is running better than before.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I love My Computer Works. I usually call them for a service. They call me back within an hour because I pay a little bit of extra for that. And then, they'll take however long it takes to get me up and running. I recently bought a laptop, and they got it, took all that I didn't need, added my malware protection and then had my file transferred over to it. The tech was very knowledgeable, professional, and he knew what he was doing. The experience has been efficient and easy. My computer performs excellently after the service.

My Computer Works

We are so glad that you had a good experience with us! Thank you for the review.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Windows repair. The guys that worked on my computer were very courteous and went above and beyond with some of the problems I had with my computer, which is why it took more than one tech. I had many problems to fix. I would highly recommend them to anyone having computer problems.

My Computer Works

Thank you for this outstanding review Lynne! We are incredibly grateful, and will let our techs know that you had such a good experience with our Executive Membership!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I like My Computer Works. I tell people they're worth the money. I appreciate all the integrity that I experience with the company. Every single person that I dealt with has just been very friendly and service-oriented and made me feel like I could do this myself. I'm 70 years old and I've been around computers for over 50 years. I usually call them when I request service. I like that they make me feel that they're going to get to me and that's one reason why I decided to go into a more premium account. Within half an hour, I usually get called back by one of the tech crew to help me with my problem.

A month ago, I called them because I was having problems cutting and pasting from a document that I had purchased. They helped me to use a new feature and the representative walked me through that and I was able to do it myself. Also, they always check my computer for anything that looks suspicious to make sure everything looks good. I just give them free access to do that. My computer’s performance is excellent after their service.

My Computer Works takes care of my computer. I call them with any problem, and they fix it! The techs are great. They can handle anything and they are fast and friendly. The only problem I have with the company is getting a call back – takes hours and hours some days.

My Computer Works Company Profile