1.92/5

Looking for a tech support service?

24/7 Techies

Looking for a tech support service?

12 24/7 Techies Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have been with 24/7 Techies for about 2 years and they have offered me excellent support during this time. I only joined them as my previous provider (HP) stopped offering a 24/7 support service. The fee is £90 for six months which is good value for what they offer. I have had a few complex technical problems, these have been dealt with professionally in a friendly and courteous manner. All of the representatives have a wide range of knowledge and if one of them is not sure about something they will seek support from colleagues.

Last night a blue line appeared on my screen and after reading up on what this could be I gave them a call and they dealt with this very quickly with their usual efficiency. Considering where they operate from (Colombo Sri Lanka) it was amazing they were offering a full service, it was actually as if nothing had happened. I would add that if you ask they will normally go through the problem so that if the same thing happens you might be able to fix it yourself!

It would seem that some other people may have signed up with those claiming to be 24/7 Techies. My advice would be check out any organization before I part with my money. I am retired and live on a small income so every penny counts. I find IT complex so need good support. To those who say they have a complaint, put it in an email. I have found they always reply and you can always get a refund from your card provider if they don't offer what they say in their manifesto. Finally last night after they had resolved the issues I had called about I sent them an email about those that had died during the recent terrible events. To my surprise later in the evening I received a lovely message thanking me for my email. Mike

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the wonderful review!! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at 24/7Techies. Once again, Thank you, and for any future queries please get back with us, where we'll guarantee on providing the same level of support!!

Nash - 247Techies

Original review: March 16, 2019

An alert came up on my computer with a computerized voice telling me that my computer was being hacked and to call this number immediately and not close out my window. Everything looked at first legitimate causing me to panic. I called the 866-681-2962 number on the alert. And was connected to a guy with an accent saying his name was Brandon **. Unfortunately I gave him full access to my computer. He kept assuring me that this was safe and that he was here to help. After the fact, the only way to restore it was to make a purchase price $169. This happened after he took my computer through a series of administrator access only windows. Showing me where important Services were stopped and also showed me that there were twenty-six people from ZIP codes in and out of the country trying access my computer and steal my personal information.

When I told him I didn't have the money, he repeated you don't have the money? Well how much do you have? I told him I didn't have any money again. He then quickly ended our conversation after I told him again I didn't have the funds. After I hung up, disconnected my internet, turned my pc on it started in safe mode with a command window open and don't know the command. No longer have access to my files, programs, pictures etc.. He called me back on my phone and asked me what I decided. I again informed Brian ** (foreign accent) no funds. Brian hung up and I blocked his number. Lost access to my personal property. Left with a pc I can no longer use. Stay away from Technical 24/7 Help. 1 888-713-1392 ext.**.

Dear Deborah,

We'd like to inform that we do not have any agents under "Brandon" who works with us, and the mentioned hotlines "866-681-2962 /888-713-1392" doesn't belong to us,247Techies.We believe that, you were in contact with another company who may represent themselves as us.

If you could provide us more details on this, such as the Transaction ID, we'll be able to track it down and solve this matter earliest possible.

Thank you!

247Techies

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

They are nothing but rogues. I was conned into security issues purchase and charged for web hosting. They conned me into £300 pounds, and pretended to be working for Microsoft was had problem downloading the product Office 365. The guys pretend to be calling themselves with English names and operate from somewhere in India. Will not return your calls, will lie from back of their teeth and are very unprofessional and not versed at all with technical and software issues... they crashed my MacBook Pro and still am in a limbo with no response from them. The guy calls himself Clark ** and the so called technicians are Hindi speaking and difficult to understand in English. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS... THEY ARE fraudulent fraudster.

Dear H.,

We'd like to inform that we,247Techies are a Online Tech Support company who offer services for Microsoft / Macintosh customers, and we do not offer Web hosting solutions. At the same time, I'll also like to mention that we do not have any agents by the name "Clark". I believe you're confused us with another support party.

Nash -247Techies

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Buyer beware. I purchased service from 24/7 Techies back in April 2018. They were able to solve and fix my computer problems. The charge was $169.95 - I thought it was for a year of service. Regardless, I didn't know or realize, they were billing me monthly for $19.95 - using PayPal. I realized this earlier this morning - so I called them and requested a refund and for them to discontinue service - etc. My advice? They are a good company in terms of fixing/solving your PC problems (mine was e-mail) but be advised that you should clarify and know how much you are paying - especially getting billed monthly forever - %19.95. Not cool - BUYER BEWARE! I'm hoping they credit me this month's $19.95 charge. We shall see. If not - I will dispute the monthly charge with my credit card company. I already notified them of this problem.

Dear Mark,

While apologizing for the inconvenience caused, I'd like to inform that recurring payment option was selected during the initial payment. This could have been cancelled by you anytime using your PayPal account or you could have informed us to cancel this Auto Renewal.

Please contact us anytime if you haven't received the recurring payment back, I'll make sure that the amount will be reversed back to your account in no-time.

Nash - 247Techies

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I used 24/7 Techies to help find some emails I had list whilst rebuilding my system. I was charged a 0ne off fee of £69.95 back in December 2017/January 2018. Although they managed to recover some of the emails, I have been left with a bug in my boot sector which means that when I boot my system it takes exactly 30 minutes to boot instead of the normal 30-40 (SSD) seconds. If I touch any of the keys on the keyboard or the mouse, the reboot starts again from scratch. Also, F8 or F9 will not boot into safe mode. I have asked Microsoft about this problem and they are at a loss to provide a solution and tell me "It could be a hardware problem." This is on a completely new system which works perfectly except for the bootup problem.

Dear Alan,

I'm sorry to inform you that the given information isn't enough for us to recall this incident. Could you please provide the email address which you used at the time of the registration, where we can track down further and help you out to solve the matter earliest possible.

-247Techies

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24/7 Techies?

Original review: July 22, 2018

Price is not as stated. IT'S a recurring fee. Didn't stated the exchange rate fee through Hongkong. Their webpage is very convincing! Listing the BBB, McAfee secure, Microsoft Gold Partner, Everyone should read Microsoft's webpage on scams. I didn't know that scam websites can use any of the following tactics to convince you that there is a problem with your PC that needs fixing: A fake blue screen error. A fake Windows activation dialog box. Various fake system errors. Supposed malware infection or malicious activity. Mine was a blue screen with 'invalid attach attempt'.

Dear Shirley,

The recurring payment fee is mentioned at the time of the payment, where you can cancel at any given time, and the mentioned pricing structure doesn't have any hidden charges. As you've mentioned, BBB / Microsoft Pinpoint Listings at our site are legit where anyone can access to verify.

We never use scare tactics to convince customers, but directly inform the real issue and we legitimately provide the solution by giving an Outstanding Experience.

-247Techies

Original review: May 1, 2018

I had a tech named a.k.a Randall in Sri Lanka work on one folder that he did not copy correctly and subsequently discovered I was missing many files and folders on that file. I had a back up on a thumb drive and discovered this drone overwrote the files he put together that caused me to lose the files and whole folders in the backup drive as he saved his craziness. He had no business going into my backup thumb drive, never mind overwriting with his mistakes. As a result, I lost the only backup I had for the complete files he was supposed to be working on. He never looked at the files in the thumb drive to see what was there before saving his mistake to the file and I had MY backup completely obliterated which was the only complete files I had saved. I lost hundreds of hours of files and folders because of him obliterating them with his save saving his mistake.

These people screwed me, and Randall deleted my files or lost them somehow. Further, one of them (the last jackass I dealt with) said they are not deleted so I said, “great, find them.” He could not find them. The most inexcusable thing is Randall went into my backup drive and obliterated my files without a clue of what he had done. Saving his mistake was insane. Subsequently, I received a message from another drone saying nothing was changed to my backup file and the supervisor said so. They insisted my backup was intact, in effect, calling me a liar and refused to listen, as was their MO throughout this process. I had been saving changes to that backup drive for months and now it was shredded. How freaking dare they?

These people have blinders on, have their heads in a vice that only allows them to think in the way they were programmed without the ability to listen to the customer and integrate that knowledge with any intuition for a solution, in effecting, screwing the customer. They will argue with you without any sense of intelligence or insight. They are programmed in a way not conducive to reason other than their own view. Even arguing with them they do not listen and talk over you. Totally unacceptable.

Stay away. They can and will destroy your files, or you can learn by yourself. You have no reason to trust me and I don’t care. Heed my words or throw the dice. I absolutely HATE what they did to me and have nothing good to say about them. They don’t listen and they don’t care what they screwed up for you and will blamed it on you and/or ignore the facts. My current question is there anyone trustworthy out there that can assist consumers with computer problems without this kind of corruption? It’s not these jackasses, certainly not when the chips are down.

Dear Everett,

Due to the Character count limitation at ConsumerAffairs, I've shared my response in private. However I can confirm this has nothing to with any of the repairs we performed. Once again, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, which eventually gave us a chance to describe the incident in full.

Thank you!

-247Techies

Original review: April 3, 2018

I'm writing this because I saw a review where someone stated they never would have agreed to pay the prices 24/7 Techies was charging. I wouldn't have either. In September of 2016 they began charging me $169.95 EVERY 6 MONTHS! They said I originally called them asking about spam e-mail and that I then agreed, on PAYPAL, to recurring charges. I would not have done that because the amount is ridiculously high, I rarely use my e-mail (which I probably mentioned to them), when I use my e-mail I do not open anything from any sender I do not know AND I have other protection installed on my computer, so spam e-mail is not a constant or continuing problem.

I accidentally opened a spam e-mail once and they may have been the company I called to ask what effects it could have on my computer, but again, I wouldn't have agreed to the recurring charge, if anything, I would have agreed to a one time repair/clean-up. They're telling me I had to agree to the recurring charges, but if I gave them remote access for a one time charge, they could have easily changed the PAYPAL without me knowing. They did send e-mails about renewal every 6 months, but since they knew I didn't check my e-mails often, they also knew they had a good chance of getting away with the recurring charges.

When I called them to complain about the recurring charges they just kept saying that I had to give them permission on PAYPAL or they wouldn't have been able to keep charging me and they refused to refund all but the most recent charge. I'm going to report them to the Federal Trade Commission and I'm going to make sure I check all my financial statements much closer than I have in the past!

Dear Theresa,

While apologizing for the inconvenience caused, I'd like to inform that recurring payment option was selected during the initial payment. This could have been cancelled by you anytime using your PayPal account or you could have informed us prior to cancel this Auto Renewal.

Through PayPal, we are not allowed to refund previous transactions, but the most recent one. I believe you've received the recent recurring payment refunded.

-247Techies

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

They are nothing but thieves! There is clearly a language barrier, I am yet to speak with someone who speaks English. I had an issue and ordered the unlimited service package during the month of July, when I went back to use it again a few weeks later, and they said that I had only purchased a one time package when I knowingly purchased a unlimited. With no assistance, the best they offered was to just purchase another unlimited package... Nothing but crooks.

Dear Griffon,

I believe we've communicated before via BBB. As promised, we did proceed with a full refund. I understand how frustrating this incident was for you, again I apologize on behalf of our Team for taking you through a complicated incident.
      If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. We are here to help!

Thank You!!

247Techies

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have paid over and over for protection and have done thru Nick (tech) and Sam (tech) and Alex (accounting). With the latest payment I was told by Nick, who I had called to pass the information on to, that I gave the information to the wrong agent, Alex. I had been transferred to Alex during my contact with Nick. After a heated exchange Nick wiped out all of my saved information on my Lenovo desktop. This is the note that Nick had given me the evening before when I made my initial additional partial payment: "Tech name:- Nick **. Toll free no:- **. Ext. no:- **. Customer Id:- **."

You don't have to give the remote access of your computer without asking same customer id, if you will allow to get inside of your computer. Without asking same customer id in that case you will have to invest more money. I had also made duplicate payments to a Sam and there was contention between the 2 to me that they each in some way was false. I am now out at least the initial $.

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for pointing out your experience, So we can action your request promptly, However, I believe you were in contact with another company who may represent themselves as 247Techies or you may have confused us with someone else.

We do not have any agents under the name of "Nick" ,"Sam" & "Alex". Could you please provide some more context and clarification around this, just to make sure that we're on the same page. I'll be sure to priorities this accordingly.

24/7 Techies expert review by ConsumerAffairs

24/7 Techies is a cheap company of Microsoft-certified techies that offers unlimited tech support and a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Free diagnosis: 24/7 Techies offers a free diagnosis of a company’s tech needs in order to evaluate pricing.

• Specializing in small business help: Their company specializes in small business assistance and support and makes it easy for businesses to access the necessary support.

• Pricing: They have a relatively cheap pricing model, which is great for smaller companies.

• Issues with technical services: The actual services that the company offers don’t meet the technical needs of many larger businesses.

• Certification: The technicians here aren’t all certified to work with specific products such as Apple and Microsoft.

• Support: The company is 100 percent remote so technicians aren’t available to help on site.

• Best for: Small businesses, individuals