GuruAid

Compare Tech Support Services

Research top Tech Support Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My experience with GuruAid has been a very beneficial and pleasant one. I have found that they perform their service in a very professional manner. I feel that I will continue to use their services.

Very professional. Thank you.

I have always received excellent service. I am not computer-literate, but GuruAid's people are very patient and take the time to communicate fully. I have always had good results from my dealings with GuruAid and their people.

Very prompt, knew his work, able to explain what happened, sent into detail what went wrong and how l can prevent it in the future. Gave instructions on what to look for in the future so I don't get into trouble. Like anticipating what could go wrong! The first time I've had a support system that looks out for me! Teaching me how to protect my devices and learn the inward workings so I can better anticipate an error before it happens! All support should be that. Responsive, can't stress that enough! Available whenever I need them! I work late hours and if I run into a glitch they have my back! Anyone who has a business or hobby and needs reliable service and support needs this company! Without cost!!! Never could put a price on the peace of mind I get knowing this company will take care of my needs! They not only fix my problem, also support me in other products that will work with me to increase my productivity.

So far I am happy with the service. I had Karpersky when I was hacked and they helped me tremendously! They were fast and polite! BTW this company is used by all the Big Antivirus companies after hours! Karpersky was terrible service. They let my password get hijacked and let someone delete my acct! GuruAid helped me with everything! I can't praise GuRuAid enough. I have never been less than pleased with the service, and the agents are so understanding of my lack of knowledge of the computer. Always thorough & don't leave 'til I'm satisfied. The folks I communicated with were direct and very helpful. While I hope I don't need their services again, I know that, if I do, my problems will be addressed and solved... Received outstanding support from GURUAID every time I have utilized their service.

I would gladly recommend them to anyone. The tech was able to fix my problem in a short time! He was excellent!!! However I did have to wait over four hours to receive service, then I got disconnected twice! This does not reflect at any way with tech! He did very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GuruAid?

Upon asking numerous questions pertaining to certain items the responses I received were clear, precise and informative as opposed to fluff given to me by others. The customer service availability was comparable to no other. You were not placed on hold for whatever seemed like hours. Compared to others this was Speedy Gonzales. You get more for your money is the only way I can describe the value compared to others.

The quality of service was not the best, but after much hard work and persistence I finally got some satisfaction from them. I had the patience of a saint when dealing with them, and I hope my experience was a one time thing. I was transferred from person to person and had difficulty understanding the majority of customer service representatives at GuruAid, and I was not pleased. I was told that there were particular things that were not covered in my service agreement, which was conflicting with the information I had, so it took much effort on my part to get the service I needed.

The customer service representatives were clueless, helpless, and the handful I spoke to were not trying to be helpful at all. When I asked questions, they repeated certain phrases over and over and it was obvious that they were reading from provided scripts. So many of my questions pertaining to service coverage were not answered, or they were simply ignored. I don't think the service is worth paying for at all, and to be honest I feel cheated. I would steer clear of GuruAid unless you enjoy conflict and arguing for everything you deserve.

The quality of service is good. They are very knowledgeable and know the fundamentals to solve any problems in domestic or international areas. They have a large variety of guru techs that knows a little of everything. This is what makes them very versatile and lean towards to use. They are good. They operate around the clock. You will never get disappointed in their services. They will help you till you fix the problem. If they can't fix it they will offer alternatives. The service value is great. They provide you with the best knowledge that you can get. You can't really compare them to any other tech companies.

They were helpful, but not exactly clear. I wanted to know what was wrong with my HP laptop and I didn't get feedback until after the bill. But the issue was resolved. I got what I wanted, fast. But the info - meh. Better than leaving your computer to just sit and be more infected. So I suppose I'd recommend them to my friends if you want your computer/what have you if you want it done quickly, no questions asked. It was a very get in get out experience. That's just me though. If you want to have it done without knowing what's wrong, that's your business. I've not had a single problem with my laptop since I was helped. Quite happy with that, especially since before I was receiving multiple blue screens of death (which I was unaware even still existed).

I got disconnected a few times but they did help me fix my issue. May not use again. Expensive service.

I did not receive any of the experiences described by the other clients. I received only one tech. I had many questions and needed a lot of help with many items. The tech was very patient throughout all aspects in solving problems. I was approached only once at the beginning in the session, by the secretary, about upgrading my security package with them. Apparently their tactics must of changed. I will see as I deal with them (as I would with any company), how they keep their promises. I have dealt with this company three times now and would recommend them to anyone.

GuruAid is based in India. They were able to fix my computer problems, but not before going through several different people taking the information. Anytime I have had a problem, it required 2 hours on the phone to fix. They also were very high pressure trying to sell me more products and extended contracts. I will not be re-signing with them.

On Sep. 22 I was charged $179. I had some diagnostics and they said they were to take care of my problem. After almost an hour the problem wasn't solved and I was not informed that there were going to be any charges until they were transferring me to another service person. I got so confused that, I authorized a charge and then changed my mind, immediately. I spoke to Abdul the Supervisor and he said he would reverse the charges. They are still pending on my credit card. My credit card Company is aware of this issue.

I had a problem with my computer on July 21, 2015. I contacted GuruAid & they said that they would check out the problem. The Tech told me my computer was hacked into & there was nothing they could do. I had to get a special Tech that takes care of hacking, the cost would be $300.00. The $299.00 I paid to GuruAid for two years support did not cover hacking. I got another support group for half the price, who cleaned up my computer & also said I was not hacked into, I just had some viruses that had to be taken care of. I called GuruAid back & asked for some money back since I no longer needed their services. They claim I never called them on 7/21/15 & will not give me any money back for the remainder of this year. I feel like I've been scammed & would like to warn anyone else from

doing business with this Company.

They convinced to spend 499.00 for support which sounded like I was going to have what I needed for my computer and iPad. They left me on hold and took remote control of my computer and kept transferring me and want to do a type chat. Don't trust them! Scam!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GuruAid provides tech support for third party brands and specializes in remote support.

• Money back guarantee: The company offers a money back guarantee if they’re unable to fix a problem or if the consumer is unsatisfied.
  • Ability to address issues remotely: This service has technicians on call to address problems remotely without having to wait for technicians to arrive on site.
  • Broad knowledge of products: GuruAid specializes in a wide range of products and services.
  • Customer service: The company has poor reviews for customer service.
  • Fees: This service charges a flat fee for annual maintenance.
  • Certification: The technicians, while knowledgeable about a range of products, aren’t always certified to work on all of them.
  • Best for Individuals