toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was locked out of MS Outlook due to "errors detected". The tech-pro who helped me was efficient & very pleasant to deal with. My problem was solved in approx a half hour. Before leaving me on my own the tech put the "inbox repair tool" in a folder on my desktop for easy access should I need to use it in the future. From finding MY Computer Works through HomeAdvisor to the final solution the entire process was easy & satisfying.

They always solve my concerns with my computer & very friendly & personable. They tell me exactly what the problem is and advises me as to what to do to keep my computer running at top capacity. I would recommend them to anyone who would like this type of service.

Your tech was thorough, knowledgeable, and professional. I've relied on MCW for several years and have never been disappointed. This latest service was a routine cleanup to get the computer working faster. It works a lot better and faster now. I appreciate the effort the tech put in.

My Computer Works

Hi Vicki, thank you very much for your 5 star review!

Original review: May 9, 2017

Connecting Printer to computer - Cody was so very kind and he knew I didn't know anything about what he was talking about. He assured me that was OK and that he would handle the problem. He did just that and I was so appreciative.

Technician Brian ** was very helpful and it appears he was able to resolve the problem. Apparently the system was not uploading updates or unable to. Brian worked on the system for over three hours and resolved it. I feel very confident in the ability of My Computer Works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Computer Works?

These people brought my computer back from near death! I have been so pleased with their service over the last six months. Any problems, they are right there, the technicians are so knowledgeable and helpful. Great USA based service. Well worth the cost.

Very helpful, saves you from having to take computer somewhere else. They can fix most things over phone, well worth the cost! Also, they will be glad to teach you how to do different things if you are not sure.

My Computer Works

Hi Nancy, we are very happy we were able to solve all of your problems! Thank you so much for your review!

Original review: May 7, 2017

I had a virus and they closed my computer down so I called My Computer Works. It took about three times to get things worked out. But I'm sure the tech would call me every time within an hour. They called me back and stayed on the phone sometimes and then went over everything on my computer. It got straightened out but then in a little while it popped up again, so they immediately got to work on it and finally got everything taken care of. Overall, it has been an excellent experience and my computer works faster and better than it had before I had a problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had serious problems with connections, we would type in a site, and "Hmm we are unable to reach that page" would show up. When playing games on Facebook, it would freeze up, and not work. After MCW worked on it, now the computer is working like a new one, with no connection problems at all. We would definitely recommend this company!

My Computer Works did a+ job fixing computer problems I was having. I had been trying to fix my computer myself a week or two and it was not getting better. My Computer Works had it fixed in no time. I am very happy with My Computer Works. GREAT JOB. Will call if I ever need it done again.

I love My Computer Works. I've been dealing with them since 2011 and they're really professional, knowledgeable and always give great service. The techs I've dealt with have also been very nice and helpful. I recently had to have someone do an upgrade to my computer and they updated malware bytes. They also did my annual clean up. When requesting a service, I normally send an email then I go into the queue and they call me. It's a little time consuming when they actually log in and get on my computer which takes about four or five hours. But the performance of my computer becomes 100% after they're done and I'm always pleased with their service.

I transferred all my data from my iMac to my new MacBook Pro and developed problems getting to my mail account and the internet. I contacted "My Computer Works". Described my problems the best I could and the Tech took it from there. He was very professional, located the problems and had them fixed in a very short time. I fully recommend their service.

Our most recent experience with My Computer Works has been very disappointing. I'm only learning the computer stuff last year, so I paid for the premium package from My Computer Works to get help when I need it. I started off with Shaun and he is awesome. He had the patience to deal with me and walk me through the stuff. I could barely type when I started, but I'm two steps above computer-illiterate now. But that's what I paid the money for. I also got some techs who were nice and they think I could be more computer smart. Some of them are savvy and I keep track with them. I never had an issue with getting a help when I needed it.

However for the last couple of times, they were supposed to get back to me within an hour, but it took them hours, if not, almost a day later before someone gets a hold of me, although I did have a couple of decent reps. But then I had the same issue on the last rep. We're foster parents and I have to do paperwork for the state, so I put it in a request for assistance in the morning and then they said that someone will get back to me within 60 minutes on the queue. But then at around 2:30 or 3:00, we had to call them because I had to pick up the kids that afternoon before someone finally contacted me.

My wife told them to call in an hour when I come back. Then I told them that they could get a hold of me at 4:00, but still nothing. They called at 5 o'clock, when I was cooking supper, with a houseful of kids and that chaos. So I told them to call me back in five minutes to get my supper down and have my wife take care of the kids. A half-hour later, I finally get a call back and it took them longer to log in to my computer than it did to help me with my problem. I got a call that Sunday and I told them that I've been using them for two years and I've had great service until this last six months or so. If they are not busy, then they don't have the manpower to cover it and they need to do something because I'm about ready to find somebody else. I did talk to a tech on Sunday, but I never heard anything back from anyone else, from higher up the chain as to my dissatisfaction.

As for my computer, it works great almost every time after I get a tech, especially with my tech, Shaun. They go through and clean it all up. When I had another issue with the malware, a tech called me up and said I needed to renew my three computers for $40 a month. But, when they called or we got it set up to do a tower, they changed it to 40 bucks per computer. Well, Trish and I worked it out. But since I am a preferred customer, my issue is about where I put in a request and it tells me someone can get a hold of me in 60 minutes. I was a service technician for 17 years so I know the meaning of giving customer service and I'm a little fuzzy since I know the kind of service I am expecting and looking for. But they do great work. If I get a tech who can't quite help us, they'll get someone else to get back to me who knows more about it.

Whenever I have a problem that I can't solve, I call My Computer Works and they always help me to resolve it. They'd always get back as quickly as I want. Sometimes it takes a while, but they always come back. Their helpers are consistent, reliable, and are good teachers. They stay with the problem until it's solved and we work together. I'm very pleased with My Computer Works and if I have a problem, I feel free to call. My computer works fine most of the time, but once in a while, we update something else because everything in one part fixes the other. But I can always call back and get that fixed.

I kept getting a popup saying something was embedded somewhere, and I'm not a real computer person. The technician said, "Yeah, it wasn't anything that would hurt the computer." It was saying that it was blocking popups, and he just went in, cleaned it up, and said it was A-okay and that was it. Also, I got a call from a non-English speaking somebody telling me that my Yahoo was hacked, that people had been in it from California, Texas, and Florida. When the technician checked it all out this morning, he said it was okay. I usually deal with Phil. He knows my computer inside-out, but everybody has been good, so I can't say anything bad about My Computer Works. I screw it up, they fix it. They’re a good company and they do what they say they’ll do, and I've never had a problem.

The people from My Computer Works are always very efficient and pleasant. They answer my questions and take care of me as if I'm not some kind of idiot, which I am when it comes to computers. I'm a 73-year-old lady who thinks she knows what she's doing and doesn't always, but they always treat me very nicely, very well. They take care of everything I need.

Most of the time, usually, I call and get queued in, and then I'll check the email to see where I am in the queue. When they call me, no matter what I'm doing, I always answer and log them onto the computer and let them do their thing. They are just very helpful. They do what they need to do. Whatever the problem was, it had been fixed. I like the fact that I do not have to wait on the line while they do whatever they're doing. I have turned a friend onto it. I got an email from her last night that said, "Having computer trouble. Email you later." She emailed me at 7:00 o'clock this morning, so she must have gotten it fixed.

Sometimes, they do stuff that I didn't know I needed to have done. A couple of them have even said, "You know, you don't really need this here. How about trying this?" And I said, "Okay." Also, because I forgot what my homepage was and the technician said, "You know, that's really not secure. Why don't you do Google Chrome?" I said, "Does that mean I have to change all my favorites?" He goes, "No. I'll do it for you." He did everything, and then told me how to add something, if I needed to. It's the best money I spend every month, even if I don't use it every month.

My Computer Works

We are so glad that we could finally solve you computer problem! Thank you for the nice review! :)

Original review: April 27, 2017

Something has been causing difficulty with my machine since the beginning of the year. Others had tried and put in a good effort but the technician, Matt, from My Computer Works finally found the problem. It was a very subtle problem and there's, apparently, no reason that even a professional would suspect that it created an incompatibility. Matt really knows his stuff and found out what was messing with the plug-ins for an old copier. It's operating properly now.

One thing I'll suggest is for their marketing and creative people to come up with a plan to enhance security. People, in general, are very worried about invasion of their privacy online and and people on my level of knowledge want to enhance security but don't know how. Some of the things that can enhance security slow things down. We would benefit by knowing specifically what we need to do in order to keep the government out of our online activities. It might come down to buying a much better computer with a much faster processor so that you can run Tor. But overall, My Computer Works' people are all very good. I have recommended them and I've posted the link to people who wrote on Facebook about their difficulties with computers.

MCW is an excellent company to provide online support for computers and other devices. Their staff is extremely competent and well-trained. They are patient and never make you feel dumb. They are responsive and follow up to ensure that the problem was solved. Find them quite good and very helpful.

My experience with My Computer Works has always been wonderful. They have efficient, always on the ball, and excellent technicians. I love Matt and Josh. They're two of my favorites. The only thing is there was a little bit of a problem, which we straightened out, but it was the only downside to the whole company. We needed a hard drive, and they were going to send someone. Patricia got me in touch with Andy who seemed not so polished, but he said that he was sending someone from The Bronx. I told him that The Bronx is a little far but if he gets enough of an early start, it's about an hour and a half. I figured I'd wait for him, but he didn't pan out. I missed the day's work waiting for him. So then, Andy said he had a guy named "Rex" and he was going to send him. And then, Rex didn't pan out as well. So, I missed another day of work.

Andy didn't follow up with calling me back and letting me know who's on first, second or third. So, I was being persistent and I finally called back. Two techs failed so I asked if there was a problem. Andy then got on the ball right then and said, "Well, I'll send someone right this minute." It was at night time, and within a short span of time, Sam came. He was a very nice man. He came and worked late and he even came back the next morning because he was running late at night. He was really good. It all kind of worked itself out.

The matter was dismissed with Andy, just not really knowing what to say. He was a nice guy, but he wasn't too good at rapport. So, rather than get mad, I just said to him, "If I can get a discount, I'd appreciate it." They gave me a discount because I lost two days of work and I am a good customer, and they were courteous enough to do that. All in all, the pros outweigh the cons. I totally rely on My Computer Works. It's the best security in the world, not having to go to a repair shop and having to call them up and I've never had any problem with any of them not working their butt a lot to deliver in through. I love them and I would recommend them to anyone.

My computer is not communicating with the printer. I've had about six technicians called me and they said it's fixed but the next day it doesn't work again. I'm not happy right now because it's all at a bad time and I'm kind of annoyed. Normally, they fix things right away. They are great and try and do work on the problem.

I am an private user and use my home computer for several personal things. Christie was very helpful and fixed my computer and was very knowledgeable. She was polite and patient with me. I believe she was in Arizona and it was very nice to talk to someone in our United States and she could speak perfect English. Thank you for all your help and I would recommend this site for a friend who needed help with their computer.

My Computer Works

Thank you Patricia for your kind review!

Original review: April 24, 2017

After moving and being set up with Google (Gmail) instead of Windows Live Mail, I was unable to make certain things work, which had worked before. The technician, Keith, walked me through the process of allowing him to see and operate my computer screen. He then explained how to do the things I was unable to do on Gmail. He called me back promptly when he had finished setting up some new features/icons, and explained how I could easily contact the company again.

My Computer Works

Thank you Martha for your great review! We are glad that we are able to help you with all f the issues you have been having!

Original review: April 24, 2017

I've had to use My Computer Works many times. One time, I had to call them to find out why my computer is reducing the size of the print and not giving me the full page. Then, the last time, I couldn't get photos out of Dropbox. I'm a realtor and I have to put the pictures in the multiple listing. I called and asked them to help me out and the guy had me going. He asked for the email or how it was sent to me and I got him there. I saw what he did and somehow the pictures came up in my emails that I could then transport to the listing. I still don't know how to get them if the pictures are sent to me like that again. I'm 77 years old and it's a brain strain for me. At no time in my life was my little brain was prepared for what we'd use now to do business but I'm doing pretty well for a gal as old as I am.

Also, every one of them has been outstanding, efficient and very understanding. I let them know what I'm trying to do and what is happening. They come in, I see them dance all around my screen, they explain what's happening on my computer and they fix it. They're wonderful people and I never had one experience that I was disappointed with. It made my professional life a whole lot better and they saved me on many occasions. I have recommended My Computer Works to other people.

When I call My Computer Works, I normally get the recording saying someone will call me back or I can go to a queue. I just call back and make an appointment and they'll call right at the appointment time. The representatives working there are great. They solved every problem I've had. And they even called me back on something that they didn't cover because I was talking to the Billing Department. They gave me a refund on my renewal because they accidentally overcharged me on the initiation fee.

I have seven computers and they work on two of them. There was one incident when the weirdest thing happened to one of my computers. I unplugged two phone cords from a computer I rarely used and is not turned on. When I picked up the phone, there's no dial tone. I plugged the cords back in and I got a dial tone back. So my phone is plugged into a non-powered computer that is sitting there and is acting as a bridge. My Computer Works didn’t have to call me back on it but they did. Also, I found out that the printers they make today suck compared to the printers that they made eight years ago. The imaging qualities have changed. Kristy went through my computer and helped with resolution and found out that there was nothing that could be done to change the image quality.

My Computer Works is the only ones that I allowed to work remotely on my computer. Even though they have my passwords, I change my passwords every 45 days. These guys are really good. They're legit. I've had so many experiences because I've been dealing with a computer-based business with my company for over 20 years. I can call them every day if I want and they'll call me back. That is worlds above where we used to be in solving problems with computers.

Another thing is, I get to talk to a live person. If computer A is not working, I'll go to Computer B and I'll finish the project over there. Then I'll call My Computer Works and tell them what's going on with A. Then they would call back and say that they went through everything and it's fixed. I turn it on and it works. Sometimes I watch what they do and work on it. It gives me a better understanding of what is going on within the system.

I've recommended them to a bunch of people. Before I give up My Computer Works, I'd drop off my lawn service, then I'd drop off my pool service. And then, cut off cable TV. My business has to have computers to make it run. When something bad happens it's really cool to be able to say, "Okay. Call the guys up and just wait for an hour." And the next thing I know, I'm back to work. My Computer Works is a good firm and they understand my problem.

My Computer Works

Thank you Julia! We are always here to help.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My experience with My Computer Works is ALWAYS more than satisfactory. All of you are very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful! It's always enjoyable to be able to simply "punch a button" and get the help I need.

My Computer Works

Wow! Thank you Robert for your incredible review. We are more than grateful for you recommending us to everyone around you!

Original review: April 22, 2017

Outstanding services was received. My computer is working as new. I would readily recommend your services to all my friends and neighbors. Your technicians displayed outstanding skills in addressing and repairing my computer and setting the latest protective software to protect my computer in the future.

My Computer Works

Wow Thank you Jo! Giving the gift of peace of mind is our goal here at My Computer Works.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My Computer Works is always on top of things and their guys are always so polite and very knowledgeable. I have peace of mind knowing that if I have an issue with my computer, they're there. I really appreciate them and the experience has been super.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since changing to Microsoft OS10 my home page has been slow to load and respond. In talking to your tech, he suggested it was Comcast Xfinity that was plugging the loading hence he did not help me that much. Now I am arriving at the same problem, again slow to no loading. Is there an answer to this problem?

My Computer Works

Thank you Nancy for your review and also your understanding!

Original review: April 21, 2017

We have been very happy with our subscription to My Computer Works. The assistants are patient and stay with me until I have an answer to my problem. Sometimes I need to wait longer than I like, but that is a sign that others like and use MCW as well.

My Computer Works

Thank you Ivan for you wonderful review! We will for sure tell Matt your kind words.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Last month, after working out of state with company computers for a few years, I retired, moved home to Scottsdale and resumed contact with them... My only contact so far was with Matt, who cleaned up my old laptop and installed new security. I found him to be very personable, professional and courteous, just as the team has always been in the past. I will recommend My Computer Works without hesitation, as always.

My Computer Works Company Profile