2. Solar Energy

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About Trinity Solar

Trinity Solar is a solar energy company that offers services in the Northeast United States. Trinity Solar is NABCEP and BPI certified, and the company can install solar panels in as little as one day. To get specific pricing information, call the company directly.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

Pros

• Installation in as little as one day
    • $0 upfront cost option
    • NABCEP and BPI certified
    • Partners with local nonprofits

Cons

• Not available in all areas
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Trinity Solar offers several financing options for solar power system installation. The company has more than 25 years of experience installing solar power systems, but its services are only available in the Northeast.

What is Trinity Solar?

Trinity Solar designs and installs residential solar power systems. The company also helps homeowners obtain permits for installing solar power. Trinity Solar installation can be finished in as little as one day. The company offers referral bonuses and has $0 upfront cost financing options available.

Trinity Solar has been in business since 1994 and completed more than 50,000 solar panel installations. The company is licensed and certified with the NABCEP and BPI. Trinity Solar also partners with local nonprofits to provide no-cost solar installations.

Trinity Solar costs

Trinity Solar does not offer pricing information on its website because each project and installation is different. You can contact the company directly for a quote. Trinity Solar does state on its website that it offers financing options, including those with $0 upfront costs, solar financing (loan) and solar purchasing (buy the system outright).

Trinity Solar FAQ

How long has Trinity Solar been in business?
    Trinity Solar has been in business for over 25 years. The company was founded in 1994.
    Does Trinity Solar offer financing?
    Yes, Trinity Solar offers financing options, including a $0 upfront cost installation option.
    Is Trinity Solar really worth it?
    Solar energy can save a lot of money in the long run, and Trinity Solar’s solar installation can be beneficial for nonprofit organizations or homeowners.
    Where is Trinity Solar available?
    Trinity Solar is available in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Rhode Island and Delaware.

Is Trinity Solar a good company?

Trinity Solar is a reliable company with more than 25 years of experience. The company is a solid choice for anyone looking for a solar energy system. Members of nonprofit organizations could also benefit from a solar installation from Trinity Solar. The company contributes $1,500 to the member and the organization when a member installs solar from Trinity. Though specific pricing is not available online, the company does offer a $0 upfront cost solar installation option.

Trinity Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trinity Solar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trinity Solar?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was tricked into a lease agreement by sunnova/Trinity Solar. I wanted to buy the panels and system but they had me sign a lease agreement that I never read. I was told they got a loan approval for buying the system and that is what I was signing. I don't want money. I just want what I originally agreed to verbally.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Homeowners BEWARE! If you have ever considered going solar, I would highly recommend it HOWEVER do not take the ultimate risk in using Trinity Solar!!! My wife and I bought our home in 2017 and wanted to have solar installed in 2018. We were originally denied by SolarCity due to the "ridge sag" and general condition of the roof, no harm no foul. Fast forward 2 months we are solicited by a Trinity sales rep, Mark ** (who I believe has since quit the company) and told that "SolarCity is an Elon Musk company out in a Cali, they don't care, we do thousands of homes in NJ." I mentioned the roof concerns, he shrugged them off and said it would be no issue.

Well, here we are at the end of summer 2021 and my wife and I had to have our entire roof replaced due to severe structural damage and leakage caused directly from the solar panels that were not properly rated to be installed on our roof. This was the professional opinion of 7 different roofing companies we had come out to give us an estimate. Would you like to know what Trinity Solar's response was when we called them and asked for the panels to be removed? After 3 weeks of non response to hundreds of phones calls and emails, my wife was finally able to speak to "Brian" the customer service manager.

Brian was nice enough to inform my wife that Trinity Solar would be charging us $5000 to remove and reinstall their panels that destroyed our roof, but since they took 3 weeks to even acknowledge us, he would do us a favor and give us a 50% discount. Thanks Brian!!! Once the service was completed (and the team left their debris and trash all over my yard), my wife and I respectfully requested to Brian to at least be forgiven the reinstall fee, since it was realistically the fault of the solar company that our roof failed. We were told, quite literally, "Trinity Solar does not believe the integrity of a roof has anything to do with their product."

So, moral of the review, solar power is great...but Trinity Solar truthfully believes that the safety of your family and integrity of your home's roof have absolutely no meaning to them. They have admitted to knowingly installing product on a compromised structure and then shifting the blame to the consumer. Please beware! Save yourselves tens of thousands of dollars in repairs and heartache by not dealing with this company! I wouldn't recommend them to my worst foe and I cannot wait for the day to sell my home and be done with Trinity Solar forever!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I signed the contract in May 2020 and panels were installed in June 2020 but as of now in mid-Jan 2021, the system is not activated yet. Very old fashioned company where internal sales, engineering, installation, management, customer relation departments do not communicate with each other. I got all different answers for the delays. Most of the time I do not get any response on my request for the status. And sometimes incorrect information were provided without verifying with other departments. Once the contract is signed, panels are installed and get the money from customer, Trinity do not have any interest to complete the project. No one in the company care about the customer once Trinity gets the money. I have called at least 50 times so far to know the status. Neither proper answer was available nor any update on next move was given.

Find a Solar Energy partner near you.

Trinity Solar Company Information