Get Started

2. Solar Energy

4.6/5 (58 ratings)

About SunLux

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
    • 25-year performance guarantee
    • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
    • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

SunLux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux?

Original review: March 4, 2021

I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.

I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I've had solar panels in the past, and there seemed to be a benefit, so in my newer home, I decided to do it. I did a lot of research on companies throughout the area and decided to go with SunLux after talking to a couple other companies. This was a purchase, which is a better idea than leasing it earlier in my other house. That’s a good deal all the way around. The person-in-charge of the SunLux company, Erica, kept me informed what was happening throughout the process as well. The only thing that ever held them back was waiting for the city to approve stuff, which is not their issue. Other than that, the whole process went smoothly. Installation was seamless too. It happened without me being there and it all went together well.

Original review: March 2, 2021

My father-in-law recommended SunLux, which made me decide to go with them. They could reply to emails a little bit faster but it was good dealing with the customer service team.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I was impressed initially, but things bogged down during the installation. The design that I had discussed with the first rep was all well and good. Then, they came out and did an inspection when I wasn't here. Against my instructions, they came up with a new plan. The plan that we had originally discussed, they didn’t tell me that it would involve about 100 feet of trenching through a landscaped patio and brick pavers. So, I had to scrap that plan. There was no way I was gonna tear up my yard. Then, we had to locate it on the roof of the garage where the main panel is. I have the main panel on a detached garage and I have a sub-panel at the house. So, it was easier to install everything on the garage going directly to the main panel and that even required some trenching. I got into a dispute with the company about who is responsible for that.

After they had already made a commitment on the price, then they wanted to add a bunch of money for trenching, which should have been caught in the original design. It should have been disclosed then. So, there was a little unhappiness in the middle of the thing. We resolved it though. It just took a lot longer than I ever expected. The permitting and the juggling with SCE and the SGIP program just dragged on and on.

It’s working according to their design. We have a 3.8-kilowatt system. On a good day, we’re getting a full 4 kilowatts out of it. But, that’s seasonal. I don't always have the best usage out of it all year round because the roof that we originally planned it on was entirely south-facing. Now, they've had to split the panels between south-facing and north-facing slopes, which I was not happy about. But I was told I had no options. But I'm happy and satisfied with SunLux.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I'm impressed with SunLux. They had a good warranty on their stuff and I liked the way they approached us. The representative answered all my questions. And then, the installers did the installation pretty quick. When I got home from work, everything was done. They were done by 4 o'clock. It took two days. One for the installation of the panels, another day for the panel box itself. I had an issue with the breaker popping two or three times. SunLux came out and fixed it on that same day I called. Also, if I need to talk to them, if I couldn’t exactly talk to the person I need to talk to, they would pass the message on to their supervisor and they would call me right away. I have told other people that I have SunLux.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

We communicated with SunLux by email and advised them that we wanted to get solar in both our homes. So, they went ahead and got those lined up and they did a reputable job. There were certain things that we had to wait for about the city, COVID and everything that was going on but they crushed it. I was very impressed. SunLux takes care of me and stands by their word. They make sure my system is working properly.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

From start to finish the Sunlux crew did an amazing job. We would highly recommend Sunlux for your solar needs. During the summer we can run the Air conditioner all the time. Now if only had an electric heater we would be set.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

SunLux was introduced by my classmate Mr. D. ** who used to be an associate of Sunlux. The whole experiences I had with SunLux was not smooth: 1. Right after I signed the contract, SunLux informed me that they had to change the contract since SunRun would not offer the panels I signed. Though I did accept the alternate plan, I started to wonder what was going on at SunLux.

2. SunLux sales told me that SunLux would use their own workers to do the installation, and used the most reliable sealant. However, when the installers came, it WAS NOT workers from SunLux, and NO SunLux personnel ever showed up at the worksite. Those workers drilled several holes through my ceiling, and they did not use the correct sealant either.

3. I complained to SunLux and couple days later SunLux sent another crews subcontracted by SunLux plus one supervisor from SunLux. 4. At the last inspection by DWP with one SunLux worker, the SunLux worker told me that his manager would come to do something to complete the installation. That never happened. I informed the sales, and he told me everything is done.

5. After I received my first electrical bill, I was shocked that the amount of I had to pay for the electricity was the same as the last bill. I called SunRun, and the support person said that my system's output was way below what it should be, it at least should be double the amount. They send a SunLux service who came the next day. But no one had informed me that he would show up on that day. I had to rush home after he called me.

6. The service checked the system and claimed that the firmware in the converter was not correct and he updated the firmware. The system seems to do a bit better according to the SunRun's data, however, it was not at least doubled than before. I had contacted SunRun and SunLux on this matter, and I am waiting for the response. 7. Overall, my experience with SunLux can not rate high. First of all, they did not communicate well with the client as I expressed above. Secondly, they did not perform as the sales had told me, the operation seems to be fragmented, the sales and project engineering were not connected well.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I did my due diligence by speaking with three different companies since I've had my share of issues with home contractors. From the initial sales pitch-person, to the final installation, Sunlux was great to work with. Being an engineer, I had some suggestions that would make an easier and cleaner install. They listened to my inputs and made adjustments. The install technicians were top notch. They were on-time, skilled, and really paid attention detail giving me the aesthetic look and electrical production that I was hoping for. Thank you again for being such a great company and doing such a fantastic job - I really appreciate how easy it was to get this done. Please don't change the way you are doing business - you have it all right!

SunLux Company Information