4.6/5 (79 ratings)

About Sunlux

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
  • 25-year performance guarantee
  • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

Sunlux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

So far, SunLux has been great. They were competitive with price. They weren't the cheapest company that I went with, but I'm hoping I’m getting what I'm paying for. So far, it feels like it. They provided various financing options, and they were transparent about it. They said, “We have these companies. There's like 10 or more. You can pick whatever makes the most sense for you based on APR or anything like that.”

Don was the engineer that talked to me directly, and he was very informed about the industry. In fact, I chose SunLux because he gave me a little more technical information than some of the other agencies. He also made a point to recommend the specific LG panel that they have, which nobody else seems to carry. Instead of converting to DC power, it converts to AC power right at the panel. That was nice.

I got 29 panels, and installation hasn't been completed yet. They're still going through the permitting process, but that's almost done. Erica is my project manager. She’s been really communicative and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find out. I see messages from her late and early, and I can tell she's working hard to keep all the plates spinning, which is not easy.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved.

Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

SunLux gave me the best sales pitch and they had a decent price. I Zoomed a couple of people and they were pretty nice. My FICO score was so bad, I couldn't afford to finance, so I just used cash.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

SunLux was highly recommended and it seemed that the timeline was better. Also, it was much more value-based. My home used to be a single-family. I added an ADU, so I'm actually getting two units that are gonna be installed. I was looking into options on how to change that with monitoring each one independently. The rep just kicked me up to the higher-up person who was one of the owners and he was able to help me with my questions.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I got three other quotes but it felt like SunLux was the best way to go. The rep was able to adjust to my scheduling conflict and come early. He was very knowledgeable. He told me what to expect, what would happen, and what the next steps would be. He got everything done in an hour. Also, my project manager has been awesome. She keeps me notified every day. She also emails me at least a couple of times a week saying, “Hey, this is where we're at. This is where we're going. This is what has to happen.” So, it has been great so far.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Once I talked to the person at SunLux, it was the only way we wanted to go and we moved ahead with them. They are working on the permit. They also had to do the architectural review with our HOA. We're done with that. Our original guy that sold us the panels came up with a design that I liked. But they haven't been able to do that for some reason at SunLux. Once it went to the engineers, they gave me a different setup. The person from SunLux wanted me to DocuSign the layout but it seemed different to me than we had originally talked about, so I sent it back to her, and she sent it back to me to mark up what I was expecting. So, we have been going back and forth to try to get the layout to where I like it or it's more similar to what our person who sold us the solar showed us.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

SunLux has been a good provider so far. I am currently walking through the prerequisites. The main electrical panel needs to be relocated so SunLux sent Edison out to confirm that the electrical panel wouldn't be an issue. So, I spoke with them. They gave me a cost, but I'm getting comparable quotes now. They had an original design for the solar panels. After proposing that, there was a slight modification to the final design that they provided me. So, I have them looking back at that to see if we can meet the original design request. Everyone has been helpful and informative.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

The SunLux reps let me know what I needed and recommended. They were very knowledgeable and explained everything to me so I would understand. It didn't seem like they were trying to just sell me the product. Everything was great.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

They've been thorough. They've followed up, responded to emails, tried to make it easy and communicated. It was just wow. I just wish more people were like that in their business. The spiel of the SunLux rep was so clear and well-organized. He anticipated all of the questions that we were probably going to ask. He wasn't one of those salesman types that is like, "How much money do you think you're gonna save...", that is such a time suck as a way to try to engage you. He just engaged personally, instead of through dorky, recommended, inexperienced people. I didn't feel any pressure. We have a date scheduled for installation on November 17th. I was expecting it to take longer and I'm very impressed that it hasn't. I hope it stays that way.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I liked Sunlux's warranty on the LG panels, the pricing, and the production guarantee. The rep was pretty good although he got a little impatient with us at the end because we had competing bids and we were interested in getting a fair deal. There were a few mistakes that were made on the contracts that they sent us that had to get revised. But for the most part, he seemed pretty informed. Our system hasn't been installed yet. There are a lot of people trying to install solar right now and so they anticipate that we're hoping that it will be installed by the end of the year. But they are staying in communication with us.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

SunLux had a strong proposal and I liked their warranties. They're not cheap but they were the best. When doing solar, buy the decent quality. Don't go for cheap crap because it won’t pay off in the long term. Our experience with SunLux has been fairly okay. But we might not be able to go forward with the job at the moment. My roof isn't correct because I don't have the right type of shingles. I need to change that and it would cost me 11 grand, which I'm not prepared to pay for.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I was looking into a few different companies and went with SunLux. Not only was the price right, but the experience and knowledge that SunLux has been around a lot longer than the rest of these companies weighed big on who we were going to choose. The process so far has been pretty smooth. They've been very communicative.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

SunLux was very honest, upfront, and believable. Also, the signup was extremely easy.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Their rep was upfront and forward the whole way through. SunLux is doing a great job.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The main person I dealt with at SunLux was Adam, the salesperson. He was very knowledgeable about what's going on with the system. I'm very satisfied. They were very professional. They determined the number of panels I needed to meet the amount of usage. They saw what kind of electric system I have existing and they determined whether they have to upgrade or not. They looked at my roof to determine if the roof needs replacing or not, if it's new enough for a system, and structurally sound for a system. I'm able to monitor it online and it seems to meet the usage. The panels produce an adequate amount. Everything was also reasonable compared to other companies.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I heard a lot of things about SunLux that were positive and I had interactions with them that were also positive. The person was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They were receptive and responsive. I was very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We just started but so far, so good. I like the service, the reviews, and the price. They have come to measure and we're waiting on the permit.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

SunLux Energy seems like they offer the best warranty. The agents were aggressive but in general, they were okay. However, the only thing they’ve done so far is to send a guy to fly a drone around my house and I don’t know what they’re doing. I realized they’re not local because they don’t have a local office but they do everything correctly and the way they handle things are professional.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I'm in the planning phase and the process seems smooth, moving along the spectrum and headed towards the ultimate end of install. The communication with this company has been good. I liked the fact that with SunLux, they got accreditation through the Better Business Bureau and their ratings are good.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

SunLux didn’t take that long with the installation. It only took about three days, though it took a little longer to go live. But it seemed like they did as good as they probably could working with Edison. Also, supposedly, I've been producing energy since the middle of May but so far, my Edison bill hasn't reflected it that much. They said it takes up to 90 days sometimes before they start giving your credit back. But it seemed like my consumption went down because I was producing power during the day.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

It took time to get answers to my questions, but installation was quick and painless. My supposedly local installation was manned, and very well, by a guy in Austin. I repeatedly asked if the panels would have to be cleaned and they said no, until a letter from the Manager a month later. But now a $50 electric bill instead of $488. Good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Erica ** did a great job notifying me when the panels were going to be installed, when the city was going to inspect them, and approval from AT&T. She communicated with me every step of the way. Then I was passed on to other people about accessing the web site and setting it up billing through AT&T. I was sent a web site that I could not get on to see how much energy the solar panels were making.

Jessica finally got back to me after I was sent an email and I complained that I could not pull the web site up she sent me. She had me put the SUNLUX app on my iPad. I'm sure you are aware that the app is only rated 2 out of 5. I explained to her that the app was all white. Then she had me pull up the LG EnerVu app. I was able to pull this one up, but she was not familiar with this app so she could not help me much. I later went back and looked at the reviews on the SUNLUX app and the only comment on this app is that someone else has iOS 14.5.1 and the app crashes and she just has a white screen.

A gentleman sent me a video that did not relate to the set up through AT&T. I finally was able to reach AT&T and they were able to answer my question. I was amazed that, to me all the complicated stuff with Erica went smooth while at the end I can't even get on the web site to look how the panels are doing or answers relating to the electrical provider. I would still like to see the site for SUNLUX on my Windows computer. Is there a web site I can access to see how it works on the SUNLUX site?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Sunlux did a great job planning our system. Working with the city during the restrictions of COVID was an extra challenge, but Sunlux took care of everything. The installation was all complete in 8 hours, including a new service panel. The system is working as advertised. We are very happy with it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Everybody at SunLux was amazing. They would call me whenever there was a delay of any sort and they would let me know the process we were in every step of the way. I've recommended SunLux to some of my friends. There are very terrible experiences with other solar companies that I've heard but you don't have to worry about SunLux.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I could not be happier choosing SunLux. Everyone I worked with was friendly and professional. I was kept up to date with all stages of the project. The installation was seamless and timely. I would highly recommend SunLux to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The entire installation experience--from the original salesperson to getting my new system online--was flawless and easy. But afterwards, I found a shingle lying on the ground. Also, I live above a golf course, and a golf ball whacked into one of the panels about two months after installation. Since the system was so new, I had questions: Does that panel need to be replaced? Has its performance been compromised? The salesperson had said that SunLux would be monitoring my system and that the warranties were very strong. But it took the project manager a week to reply to my emails, and the person she said she referred my questions to has never replied. So despite promises made by the salesperson, am I actually on my own? I still don't know. And the radio station that turned me onto SunLux no longer advertises for it.

Sunlux response

Hi Dennis,

I do apologize that it was taking quite a bit of time for the project manager to reply back. I do have your information in our system so I'm going to put in a service ticket so that we can get this addressed. If you ever experience any troubles in the future, please visit the link below and enter in your information. It will automatically create a service ticket for you so that we can properly assist you.

Regards,