Get Started

2. Solar Energy

4.5/5 (74 ratings)

About SunLux

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
  • 25-year performance guarantee
  • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

SunLux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The production at the outset was phenomenal. The installation was great with some hiccups along the way with a couple of things that slowed things down. Some of that was management on their side and some were supply chain related. But they're doing a good job.

Original review: July 11, 2021

The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I did some research on the panels and SunLux was using better stuff. I had them install a large system and it went well. It took three days and their reps were very professional. Good group of guys. Good workers. Good guys.

Original review: June 17, 2021

SunLux kept me informed all the way through the purchase and installation process. I was informed of various changes in the status or things like when it went to permitting and when they were gonna come in and install or do the measurements. There was one day when I wasn't at the house as I was supposed to be and they turned up to do the initial survey. But we managed that remotely, which was wonderful because I didn’t have to leave work. From that point on, it was seamless.

They had to put a new breaker box on the property and they had to take out the old one. They took out part of the outside wall to get the new one in but that couldn't be covered up or made good straightaway until the city had inspected it, which was going to be about two weeks. They covered it with an awning and it kept it all dry and safe. As soon as the city had inspected it, they came and made good, the wall. Right now, you couldn't even tell it had been taken apart. They did a great job.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.

The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.

Original review: June 15, 2021

When I talked to the SunLux representative, he was very informative. He talked to me to get me exactly what I was looking for. So, it really worked out. Because of COVID, a lot of our interactions were mostly over the phone and emailing back and forth, but he was very quick to respond to me. He covered a lot of good options, and I was able to make a good decision with the options he gave me. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth process for anybody. I don't think any company would have done better. Any delays and stuff that we had were really from our city. It wasn't really from SunLux themselves. They did really good.

We went with 16 panels. From talking to my agent, we looked at what I used the prior year. Then, he gave me a recommendation. From there, I gave him my input. We decided that 16 was going to be adequate for my house. The panels were just turned on like halfway through the cycle. I noticed that I am taking in a lot of energy from the sun because I monitor it through my LG app. But I haven't really seen a bill with it in full effect for the whole month. So, from what I've seen right now, it's right on track to pretty much close to get me to almost no energy consumption from the grid. It's doing what I wanted it to do. So, so far, I'm pretty happy with it.

The only little thing was when the installers came, I didn't like the way something was done and I asked them to fix it. They said, “Oh, it’s not going to be an issue. Don't worry about it.” I felt like, “I'm the owner. I'm the guy. I just want you to tweak this to the left a little bit. Just tweak it to the left a little bit.” It wasn't anything emergent. It was just a conduit connection to one of the panels. My concern was that it was a little bit crooked and they didn't have a good seal. He checked it. He said it had a good seal. But I just felt like it was petty. I just felt like if I was the tech, I would have been like, “You know what? If you want to straight, I'll put it straight. You're the guy.” They left it like that. I haven't had any issues with it but I keep my eye on it. Other than that, I do recommend SunLux. My neighbors have been asking, so I've been giving them their number. I need to put them in my referral since I can get credits.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My experience with SunLux was good until they sent me an email calling me sir. I wrote back and said, “How many men do you know named Nancy?” And then, they also sent me another email saying that my wife is a mister as well. I told them to get their pronouns right or I'm not gonna do it. The company sent something out to all their employees and reacted very positively to my feedback. Everyone’s been very supportive of me after I told them about that. They stepped up, and I appreciated it.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I evaluated a few other vendors and the bottom line that came up was the pricing for the same product. Even though SunLux was 15% higher, based on the customer feedback, it looked like their system had more pros than cons. Their reps were very eager to keep all the work on schedule and when there was an inspection issue, they tried to get it resolved ASAP. But after everything was installed, it sounded like when I sent them some email, there was a lag on their response. Or maybe that was because the equipment is LG and they don't know the LG product too much.

Other than that, the system looks pretty good from the outside and I'm happy with what I got. We're in Southern California, so we have most of the sunny day and I can really generate more electricity than what I consume. That's the goal and I don't care about how much I make from the solar. We are not abusing the electricity, but now, there’s less concern about using the electricity. I have 13 panels for about five kilowatts and even though that sounds less, the new product has high efficiency of generating the power. It's for a 22-square foot house and that's enough for me.

SunLux Company Information