4.5/5 (76 ratings)

About Sunlux

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
  • 25-year performance guarantee
  • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

Sunlux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I did a solar energy system with Sunlux on my house about three years ago, and everything went very smoothly. The process was close to three months because I had a different situation where my roof tile is Spanish tile. It cannot take the penetration of a rack system on the roof so they had to strip off the areas of the roof where they were going to put solar panels and do composition paper underneath that to waterproof it all. Then they mounted the racks and brought the Spanish tile back up to the edge of the solar panels. Once they got that done, the solar panels were installed within a couple of weeks. They were on time regularly for the rest of the stuff.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

SunLux was very responsive. The salesperson was so professional and polite. I've signed the contract, and they came to the house for site survey. I'm currently waiting for the engineering department to do the engineering work and send the documents to me.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Customer service was great. There's a direct contact with me and so we got things squared away very fast. I was happy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The representative from Sunlux was very knowledgeable. He answered all my questions. He went in depth about the new technology and what my advantages and disadvantages were. Get a consultation with them, too, and see if they can fulfill your needs.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I've been talking to Adam with Sunlux for over a year and he's been super patient with me. He has filled me in on all my questions. He would call me sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months. We stayed in touch for a whole year because I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I kept postponing him and postponing him but he was super nice and not pushy one bit. If I wanted him to call me back, he’d call me back.

If it wasn’t for Adam's patience and due diligence, I probably wouldn't be going with Sunlux. I probably would have went through a company that one of my friends had. Sunlux is a little bit more expensive on the loan process portion of it than some of my friends went through but I trust Adam. He promised me until my service is completely done, he's going to walk the whole entire process with me, and he has. Three days ago, I got an email saying that I needed to do my direct deposit so that I could get the APR financing at a locked-in lower rate. I called Adam and asked about it. He called the place and we got it handled. I can call him at a drop of a dime and he answers me.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Sunlux had a good deal for the kind of panels I was looking for and the salesperson was really nice. Within a few weeks of everything getting signed and contract done, they gave me a project manager. A few weeks after that, the project manager came down with covid. Ever since then, I've heard very little from them. We got our permit approved back in December. Here we are, mid-February, and nothing's been done. The new project manager will get back to me within a week but with no real answers to anything other than he's having a hard time finding people to install now. I'm not putting any blame on them but I wish I had more communication.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I had consultations with about five different companies, and the rep from Sunlux was the most comprehensive and accessible. Whenever I called him, he’d always answer. He seemed to have more knowledge, the right kind of knowledge, the stuff I wanted to know, and he explained everything very well. I just signed the contract today, and they’re doing the permitting now. As far as the solar panels, the micro-inverter is very important. They have different types of panels. They have a series which is older, which you run the risk. It’s like if one panel is shaded, the whole array can go down. With the micro-inverters, which is what I'm purchasing from LG, they are on the panels. So, there's no central point of failure. If one panel gets shaded, then the other panels are going to keep producing energy.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

On the telephone, the Sunlux customer service reps were great. They answered all my questions. They worked with me. They did what I wanted them to do. They made it work under my conditions. Overall, Sunlux was very educational. I knew nothing and then two weeks later, I feel like my head was gonna explode. I knew too much. So, they were very informative. What I liked was the person I worked with was not a salesperson. He was an engineer. So, he explained technical things, but I had to make him explain them a couple of times because I was new. So, he went over and over until I got it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Our rep with SunLux was organized. My wife and I were fine working with him. I'm hoping that the installation will start in early February.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

We like our rep, Gary. He was helpful, knowledgeable and willing and available to answer every and excess question that I ended up having. We got two different projects with SunLux going on and right now, they are waiting for the City of Long Beach to approve all the design so it's kind of at a standstill. There was also a little bit of delay sometimes with communication back. But we were dealing with Christmas and New Year so it was kind of understandable. The process has been easy, so far.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I like SunLux Energy's customer service. Their rep who did the interview was straight out with me while everybody else was scheming. I even told him he’s got my business because of that.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I canceled my contract with SunLux. What was written down said I wouldn't have any more expenses, but the site inspection was done after the contract signing. They wanted to remove part of my roof because the tiles, they said, were too light and it was their policy not to put panels up there. To remove the tile roofs and put shingles down was another 15,000, which brought the end price up to 38,000. So, I said, “No.”

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

The sales rep was great, answered all the questions I had and was very knowledgeable about the process and the different panels that I was interested in. I’m waiting for the HOA to give approval for the installation. Apart from that, the process has been very good. I haven't had any issues with SunLux, and the communication has been quite well.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Everything has been great. I've been well-informed about everything and never had any questions. Everything was almost answered preemptively and it's been smooth sailing. Before you move into schedules for install, you've got designing and engineering to go through. We had to send somebody out to the house to do a site assessment and you won't be scheduled for install until permit is received, but the process was started a couple of days after I signed the contract.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Sunlux is great. Even the dumbest questions that I had, they answered them. Every time I had a new concern, they were willing to contact me, whether through email, message, text, and get that concern out of the way.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

SunLux had the best pricing, reviews and follow-up, and it's going good with them, so far. They gave me all the information that I needed. Whenever I had questions, they were able to give me the answers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

The way SunLux quoted and their pricing structure were very clear and upfront. I like the fact that they presented a consumer guide that they have to give you. It gives you all the rules and regulations and all the breakdown for getting solar. The other guys will give it to me eventually, but they didn't give it to me upfront. The SunLux reps were good and professional. We're all signed up. Right now, we're at the permitting process. Overall, everything SunLux has done has been good.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I have been shopping around a couple of companies and the descriptions and communications were much more detailed and efficient with SunLux, especially the type of product and the warranty was very interesting. The financial part went smoothly. The design has been approved two weeks ago and SunLux said they would send it to the city for approval. My guess is it would go on until next year. But so far, everything is good.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

We are at the paperwork portion of the process and my rep, Erica, has been doing well. She was very accommodating, answered all my questions, and helped me through everything. She caught a little issue before going into the HOA approval process. I forgot to sign one of the areas on there. We fixed that quickly. I’m happy that I chose SunLux.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

SunLux's program is not that good but I like their brand of equipment and their system. Their sales rep was personally and professionally very good. We did the deal and now they start doing the design. I'm waiting for that. Other than that, whatever was done is nice. There are a lot of companies in the market for solar systems and if anybody asks me, I will recommend SunLux to them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

So far, SunLux has been great. They were competitive with price. They weren't the cheapest company that I went with, but I'm hoping I’m getting what I'm paying for. So far, it feels like it. They provided various financing options, and they were transparent about it. They said, “We have these companies. There's like 10 or more. You can pick whatever makes the most sense for you based on APR or anything like that.”

Don was the engineer that talked to me directly, and he was very informed about the industry. In fact, I chose SunLux because he gave me a little more technical information than some of the other agencies. He also made a point to recommend the specific LG panel that they have, which nobody else seems to carry. Instead of converting to DC power, it converts to AC power right at the panel. That was nice.

I got 29 panels, and installation hasn't been completed yet. They're still going through the permitting process, but that's almost done. Erica is my project manager. She’s been really communicative and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find out. I see messages from her late and early, and I can tell she's working hard to keep all the plates spinning, which is not easy.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved.

Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

SunLux gave me the best sales pitch and they had a decent price. I Zoomed a couple of people and they were pretty nice. My FICO score was so bad, I couldn't afford to finance, so I just used cash.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

SunLux was highly recommended and it seemed that the timeline was better. Also, it was much more value-based. My home used to be a single-family. I added an ADU, so I'm actually getting two units that are gonna be installed. I was looking into options on how to change that with monitoring each one independently. The rep just kicked me up to the higher-up person who was one of the owners and he was able to help me with my questions.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I got three other quotes but it felt like SunLux was the best way to go. The rep was able to adjust to my scheduling conflict and come early. He was very knowledgeable. He told me what to expect, what would happen, and what the next steps would be. He got everything done in an hour. Also, my project manager has been awesome. She keeps me notified every day. She also emails me at least a couple of times a week saying, “Hey, this is where we're at. This is where we're going. This is what has to happen.” So, it has been great so far.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Once I talked to the person at SunLux, it was the only way we wanted to go and we moved ahead with them. They are working on the permit. They also had to do the architectural review with our HOA. We're done with that. Our original guy that sold us the panels came up with a design that I liked. But they haven't been able to do that for some reason at SunLux. Once it went to the engineers, they gave me a different setup. The person from SunLux wanted me to DocuSign the layout but it seemed different to me than we had originally talked about, so I sent it back to her, and she sent it back to me to mark up what I was expecting. So, we have been going back and forth to try to get the layout to where I like it or it's more similar to what our person who sold us the solar showed us.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

SunLux has been a good provider so far. I am currently walking through the prerequisites. The main electrical panel needs to be relocated so SunLux sent Edison out to confirm that the electrical panel wouldn't be an issue. So, I spoke with them. They gave me a cost, but I'm getting comparable quotes now. They had an original design for the solar panels. After proposing that, there was a slight modification to the final design that they provided me. So, I have them looking back at that to see if we can meet the original design request. Everyone has been helpful and informative.

Sunlux Company Information