Get Started

2. Solar Energy

4.6/5 (66 ratings)

About SunLux

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
  • 25-year performance guarantee
  • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

SunLux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The entire installation experience--from the original salesperson to getting my new system online--was flawless and easy. But afterwards, I found a shingle lying on the ground. Also, I live above a golf course, and a golf ball whacked into one of the panels about two months after installation. Since the system was so new, I had questions: Does that panel need to be replaced? Has its performance been compromised? The salesperson had said that SunLux would be monitoring my system and that the warranties were very strong. But it took the project manager a week to reply to my emails, and the person she said she referred my questions to has never replied. So despite promises made by the salesperson, am I actually on my own? I still don't know. And the radio station that turned me onto SunLux no longer advertises for it.

SunLux response

Hi Dennis,

I do apologize that it was taking quite a bit of time for the project manager to reply back. I do have your information in our system so I'm going to put in a service ticket so that we can get this addressed. If you ever experience any troubles in the future, please visit the link below and enter in your information. It will automatically create a service ticket for you so that we can properly assist you.

Regards,

Gabriel

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The production at the outset was phenomenal. The installation was great with some hiccups along the way with a couple of things that slowed things down. Some of that was management on their side and some were supply chain related. But they're doing a good job.

Original review: July 11, 2021

The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I did some research on the panels and SunLux was using better stuff. I had them install a large system and it went well. It took three days and their reps were very professional. Good group of guys. Good workers. Good guys.

Original review: June 17, 2021

SunLux kept me informed all the way through the purchase and installation process. I was informed of various changes in the status or things like when it went to permitting and when they were gonna come in and install or do the measurements. There was one day when I wasn't at the house as I was supposed to be and they turned up to do the initial survey. But we managed that remotely, which was wonderful because I didn’t have to leave work. From that point on, it was seamless.

They had to put a new breaker box on the property and they had to take out the old one. They took out part of the outside wall to get the new one in but that couldn't be covered up or made good straightaway until the city had inspected it, which was going to be about two weeks. They covered it with an awning and it kept it all dry and safe. As soon as the city had inspected it, they came and made good, the wall. Right now, you couldn't even tell it had been taken apart. They did a great job.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.

The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My experience with SunLux was good until they sent me an email calling me sir. I wrote back and said, “How many men do you know named Nancy?” And then, they also sent me another email saying that my wife is a mister as well. I told them to get their pronouns right or I'm not gonna do it. The company sent something out to all their employees and reacted very positively to my feedback. Everyone’s been very supportive of me after I told them about that. They stepped up, and I appreciated it.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.

SunLux Company Information