Get Started

2. Solar Energy

4.6/5 (56 ratings)

About SunLux Energy

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
    • 25-year performance guarantee
    • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
    • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

SunLux Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?

Original review: March 22, 2021

My sales rep was easy to deal with and he took care of everything on the first call. The installation was great. We started in December and they installed the system in February.

Original review: March 21, 2021

We did a lot of research on what SunLux provided and we even did a table to compare. The price, even though that was not the cheapest, I saw that what they were offering was much better. We also looked at all the reviews that they had and the reviews were better than others. Our HOA took time to approve it, but after that, things went very quickly. All people that were communicating with us and letting us know, including the project manager, were good. The guys that came to install were super professional too. They did the work fast. There was something else that they couldn't complete that day, but they kept communicating when they were going to arrive and things that they still needed to do. They came over and fixed it. As of today, we’re very satisfied. It’s been great.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I looked at a few companies and then decided on SunLux. They had a local office somewhere close by, so they were closer. They are also a smaller company compared to others and price-wise, it was not bad. The person I talked to initially, when they did the sales call, was an older gentleman and he was good. He was an engineer. I had good discussion with him. When I had some issues, I went back to him and he was able to sort it out.

They had too many changes at the project management level that led to some confusion initially. I was talking to one person then a couple of weeks later, he left and somebody else took over. There were some transition issues. Other than that, the experience was good overall. Solar in general is a good option now because of all the rebates and it's working out well, so far, about a month now. I would really recommend to go solar and SunLux is one of the good choices.

Original review: March 19, 2021

SunLux did a great job. Everything went just as promised. They gave a quote saying how much energy would be produced. They picked solar panels that looked to be quality panels (LG). They provided the design, showing the actual house, and that got approval before we went in. It then went in just like they said they would. There was good communication all along the way. The people were also courteous, acted professional and the work looked to be done professionally as well. It's only been about 14 days since, so I haven't realized anything in a bill yet. Only partially last month, which was indeed lower. They've got a program that says how much you're generating and what your average use is. My average use for this month, according to Edison, is 50 kilowatts. I've been producing an average of 65 kilowatts, so we're producing more than what we're using for this time of year.

Original review: March 12, 2021

SunLux is great. They are also cheaper than other providers. The representative gave us a big discount by refusing to take a commission, so really helped us.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.

I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I've had solar panels in the past, and there seemed to be a benefit, so in my newer home, I decided to do it. I did a lot of research on companies throughout the area and decided to go with SunLux after talking to a couple other companies. This was a purchase, which is a better idea than leasing it earlier in my other house. That’s a good deal all the way around. The person-in-charge of the SunLux company, Erica, kept me informed what was happening throughout the process as well. The only thing that ever held them back was waiting for the city to approve stuff, which is not their issue. Other than that, the whole process went smoothly. Installation was seamless too. It happened without me being there and it all went together well.

Original review: March 2, 2021

My father-in-law recommended SunLux, which made me decide to go with them. They could reply to emails a little bit faster but it was good dealing with the customer service team.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I was impressed initially, but things bogged down during the installation. The design that I had discussed with the first rep was all well and good. Then, they came out and did an inspection when I wasn't here. Against my instructions, they came up with a new plan. The plan that we had originally discussed, they didn’t tell me that it would involve about 100 feet of trenching through a landscaped patio and brick pavers. So, I had to scrap that plan. There was no way I was gonna tear up my yard. Then, we had to locate it on the roof of the garage where the main panel is. I have the main panel on a detached garage and I have a sub-panel at the house. So, it was easier to install everything on the garage going directly to the main panel and that even required some trenching. I got into a dispute with the company about who is responsible for that.

After they had already made a commitment on the price, then they wanted to add a bunch of money for trenching, which should have been caught in the original design. It should have been disclosed then. So, there was a little unhappiness in the middle of the thing. We resolved it though. It just took a lot longer than I ever expected. The permitting and the juggling with SCE and the SGIP program just dragged on and on.

It’s working according to their design. We have a 3.8-kilowatt system. On a good day, we’re getting a full 4 kilowatts out of it. But, that’s seasonal. I don't always have the best usage out of it all year round because the roof that we originally planned it on was entirely south-facing. Now, they've had to split the panels between south-facing and north-facing slopes, which I was not happy about. But I was told I had no options. But I'm happy and satisfied with SunLux.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I'm impressed with SunLux. They had a good warranty on their stuff and I liked the way they approached us. The representative answered all my questions. And then, the installers did the installation pretty quick. When I got home from work, everything was done. They were done by 4 o'clock. It took two days. One for the installation of the panels, another day for the panel box itself. I had an issue with the breaker popping two or three times. SunLux came out and fixed it on that same day I called. Also, if I need to talk to them, if I couldn’t exactly talk to the person I need to talk to, they would pass the message on to their supervisor and they would call me right away. I have told other people that I have SunLux.

SunLux Energy Company Information