4.5/5 (76 ratings)

About Sunlux

Sunlux is a solar energy company that specializes in full-service panel installation, including re-roofing and shingle projects. Customers work directly with a Sunlux advisor to customize their system. The company serves residents in Southern California and Central Texas.

Pros

• Variety of equipment options
  • 25-year performance guarantee
  • Modern, sleek designs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Not ideal for small installations

Bottom Line

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into a roof. Though prep time can be long, customers are generally pleased with their solar installations. The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty and lifetime support.

Sunlux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

The SunLux reps let me know what I needed and recommended. They were very knowledgeable and explained everything to me so I would understand. It didn't seem like they were trying to just sell me the product. Everything was great.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

They've been thorough. They've followed up, responded to emails, tried to make it easy and communicated. It was just wow. I just wish more people were like that in their business. The spiel of the SunLux rep was so clear and well-organized. He anticipated all of the questions that we were probably going to ask. He wasn't one of those salesman types that is like, "How much money do you think you're gonna save...", that is such a time suck as a way to try to engage you. He just engaged personally, instead of through dorky, recommended, inexperienced people. I didn't feel any pressure. We have a date scheduled for installation on November 17th. I was expecting it to take longer and I'm very impressed that it hasn't. I hope it stays that way.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I liked Sunlux's warranty on the LG panels, the pricing, and the production guarantee. The rep was pretty good although he got a little impatient with us at the end because we had competing bids and we were interested in getting a fair deal. There were a few mistakes that were made on the contracts that they sent us that had to get revised. But for the most part, he seemed pretty informed. Our system hasn't been installed yet. There are a lot of people trying to install solar right now and so they anticipate that we're hoping that it will be installed by the end of the year. But they are staying in communication with us.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

SunLux had a strong proposal and I liked their warranties. They're not cheap but they were the best. When doing solar, buy the decent quality. Don't go for cheap crap because it won’t pay off in the long term. Our experience with SunLux has been fairly okay. But we might not be able to go forward with the job at the moment. My roof isn't correct because I don't have the right type of shingles. I need to change that and it would cost me 11 grand, which I'm not prepared to pay for.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I was looking into a few different companies and went with SunLux. Not only was the price right, but the experience and knowledge that SunLux has been around a lot longer than the rest of these companies weighed big on who we were going to choose. The process so far has been pretty smooth. They've been very communicative.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

SunLux was very honest, upfront, and believable. Also, the signup was extremely easy.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Their rep was upfront and forward the whole way through. SunLux is doing a great job.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The main person I dealt with at SunLux was Adam, the salesperson. He was very knowledgeable about what's going on with the system. I'm very satisfied. They were very professional. They determined the number of panels I needed to meet the amount of usage. They saw what kind of electric system I have existing and they determined whether they have to upgrade or not. They looked at my roof to determine if the roof needs replacing or not, if it's new enough for a system, and structurally sound for a system. I'm able to monitor it online and it seems to meet the usage. The panels produce an adequate amount. Everything was also reasonable compared to other companies.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I heard a lot of things about SunLux that were positive and I had interactions with them that were also positive. The person was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They were receptive and responsive. I was very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We just started but so far, so good. I like the service, the reviews, and the price. They have come to measure and we're waiting on the permit.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

SunLux Energy seems like they offer the best warranty. The agents were aggressive but in general, they were okay. However, the only thing they’ve done so far is to send a guy to fly a drone around my house and I don’t know what they’re doing. I realized they’re not local because they don’t have a local office but they do everything correctly and the way they handle things are professional.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I'm in the planning phase and the process seems smooth, moving along the spectrum and headed towards the ultimate end of install. The communication with this company has been good. I liked the fact that with SunLux, they got accreditation through the Better Business Bureau and their ratings are good.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

SunLux didn’t take that long with the installation. It only took about three days, though it took a little longer to go live. But it seemed like they did as good as they probably could working with Edison. Also, supposedly, I've been producing energy since the middle of May but so far, my Edison bill hasn't reflected it that much. They said it takes up to 90 days sometimes before they start giving your credit back. But it seemed like my consumption went down because I was producing power during the day.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

It took time to get answers to my questions, but installation was quick and painless. My supposedly local installation was manned, and very well, by a guy in Austin. I repeatedly asked if the panels would have to be cleaned and they said no, until a letter from the Manager a month later. But now a $50 electric bill instead of $488. Good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Erica ** did a great job notifying me when the panels were going to be installed, when the city was going to inspect them, and approval from AT&T. She communicated with me every step of the way. Then I was passed on to other people about accessing the web site and setting it up billing through AT&T. I was sent a web site that I could not get on to see how much energy the solar panels were making.

Jessica finally got back to me after I was sent an email and I complained that I could not pull the web site up she sent me. She had me put the SUNLUX app on my iPad. I'm sure you are aware that the app is only rated 2 out of 5. I explained to her that the app was all white. Then she had me pull up the LG EnerVu app. I was able to pull this one up, but she was not familiar with this app so she could not help me much. I later went back and looked at the reviews on the SUNLUX app and the only comment on this app is that someone else has iOS 14.5.1 and the app crashes and she just has a white screen.

A gentleman sent me a video that did not relate to the set up through AT&T. I finally was able to reach AT&T and they were able to answer my question. I was amazed that, to me all the complicated stuff with Erica went smooth while at the end I can't even get on the web site to look how the panels are doing or answers relating to the electrical provider. I would still like to see the site for SUNLUX on my Windows computer. Is there a web site I can access to see how it works on the SUNLUX site?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Sunlux did a great job planning our system. Working with the city during the restrictions of COVID was an extra challenge, but Sunlux took care of everything. The installation was all complete in 8 hours, including a new service panel. The system is working as advertised. We are very happy with it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Everybody at SunLux was amazing. They would call me whenever there was a delay of any sort and they would let me know the process we were in every step of the way. I've recommended SunLux to some of my friends. There are very terrible experiences with other solar companies that I've heard but you don't have to worry about SunLux.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I could not be happier choosing SunLux. Everyone I worked with was friendly and professional. I was kept up to date with all stages of the project. The installation was seamless and timely. I would highly recommend SunLux to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The entire installation experience--from the original salesperson to getting my new system online--was flawless and easy. But afterwards, I found a shingle lying on the ground. Also, I live above a golf course, and a golf ball whacked into one of the panels about two months after installation. Since the system was so new, I had questions: Does that panel need to be replaced? Has its performance been compromised? The salesperson had said that SunLux would be monitoring my system and that the warranties were very strong. But it took the project manager a week to reply to my emails, and the person she said she referred my questions to has never replied. So despite promises made by the salesperson, am I actually on my own? I still don't know. And the radio station that turned me onto SunLux no longer advertises for it.

Sunlux response

Hi Dennis,

I do apologize that it was taking quite a bit of time for the project manager to reply back. I do have your information in our system so I'm going to put in a service ticket so that we can get this addressed. If you ever experience any troubles in the future, please visit the link below and enter in your information. It will automatically create a service ticket for you so that we can properly assist you.

Regards,

Gabriel

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The sales rep was very good but the installation crew was very bad. There are still some things that need to be installed in our yard that has not been installed. The things are just laying there. We were told about a month ago that the crew was going to come back and we never heard back.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The production at the outset was phenomenal. The installation was great with some hiccups along the way with a couple of things that slowed things down. Some of that was management on their side and some were supply chain related. But they're doing a good job.

Original review: July 11, 2021

The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I did some research on the panels and SunLux was using better stuff. I had them install a large system and it went well. It took three days and their reps were very professional. Good group of guys. Good workers. Good guys.

Original review: June 17, 2021

SunLux kept me informed all the way through the purchase and installation process. I was informed of various changes in the status or things like when it went to permitting and when they were gonna come in and install or do the measurements. There was one day when I wasn't at the house as I was supposed to be and they turned up to do the initial survey. But we managed that remotely, which was wonderful because I didn’t have to leave work. From that point on, it was seamless.

They had to put a new breaker box on the property and they had to take out the old one. They took out part of the outside wall to get the new one in but that couldn't be covered up or made good straightaway until the city had inspected it, which was going to be about two weeks. They covered it with an awning and it kept it all dry and safe. As soon as the city had inspected it, they came and made good, the wall. Right now, you couldn't even tell it had been taken apart. They did a great job.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.

The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.

Sunlux Company Information