4.5/5 (643 ratings)
Find a Solar Financing partner

Find Solar Financing partners near you

Banner image

Thinking about going solar?

Get matched with a solar company near you.

Get started

About Dividend Solar

Dividend Solar is committed to offering a better way for homeowners to go solar. With zero-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day one. Dividend Solar strives to provide customers and partners with a high-quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, it can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes.

Find Solar Financing partners near you

Pros

• Certified installers
    • Multiple solar loan options

Cons

• No lease or PPA options

Bottom Line

Dividend Solar specializes in solar financing loans that make solar power systems affordable. Dividend Solar doesn't offer leases or PPAs, so it's only an option for those who want to own their solar power system.

Banner image

Thinking about going solar?

Get matched with a solar company near you.

Get started

Dividend Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Fast and efficient service. Courteous reps. Have their act together! Always responsive to queries that I made and answering questions. Quick service via email of necessary forms. Good communication with the solar contractor.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The loan application process for my solar installation was simple and efficient. The loan conditions were clear and understandable. The ability to have loan payments automatically drafted from my bank account is convenient.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I paid already 10 months of solar panel loan, with no benefits of solar. Dividend Financial gave all the money to the contractor after they installed panels on my roof. Solar contractor pocketed my money and never finished the job. Dividend rep told to call contractor! Yep I called them and I called them and I emailed and texted. All would have never happened if you would not paid my $38,000 before contractor get panels connected.

Dividend Solar response

Hello, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand how this situation could be frustrating. Can you please send us a private message with your name and the best phone number to you reach you at? From here, someone from our Customer Success Team will be contacting you shortly to discuss your situation offline. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I was paying $89 a month for my electricity.. Now I have a 20 year loan and paying $245 for 20 years plus electricity $35 more.. I was lied to by the company that first sold me the panels and DIVIDEND are completely aware that this company are lying and locking you into this loans. The company that sold me my panels are out of business and I'm stuck with a loan for 19 more years.. They have thousands and thousands of complaints with this same situation. I have a lawsuit I just opened up so I can stop this from happening to other young couples with family.. This is a nightmare and DIVIDEND KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT..

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The Dividend Solar team were very accommodating through the purchasing process. The sales person was very knowledgeable about the product. She walked me through the purchasing process making sure that I was thoroughly informed. I would recommend this company to anyone who desires solar panels for their home.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Using DocuSign as the main signing method and email as the transport, Dividend Solar makes the entire financing process simple, efficient and easy to understand. They replied to my questions quickly and walked me through the process.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

They been really helpful with the process. And they send all documents in time and always keep in touch with me. They are very professional, fast and efficient. I think I couldn't choose a better company to have my financing with.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I appreciated the ease and speed of getting financing approved for my solar system. The whole process was pretty painless and I would recommend Dividend to others to finance their solar systems. I have a small payment each month and look forward to the savings.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

They made the financing experience easy, and the installers were friendly and professional. I would recommend them for getting a solar system installed on the roof of your home. They make the experience pleasant.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Patrick, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for posting some photos as well. We are delighted to hear about your seamless financing experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I found that getting financing from Dividend was quick and easy. I’m a new customer to solar power, and while I’m still waiting for Idaho Power to do its part to start my solar power, my experience with Horizon PWR, namely, Preston and Mat, and the folks at Big Dog Installers, has been very good. I highly recommend these folks. They are connected to Dividend Solar, which was quick to provide the green light with financing.

Dividend Solar response

Hi M, Thank you for your review and for posting a photo of your solar as well! We are happy to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

My advice to anyone looking to finance solar would be to avoid this company. I sold my home in June 2019, all fees were paid, including the investment incentive and assumption fee. Dividend continues to send me an invoice requesting payment although there is nothing owed and the new owners are now making the payments on the solar. I have sent communications (both phone and email) on multiple occasions and do not get a response.

I am receiving late payment notices for a payment that is not due. Dividend’s website claims to make things easy and that they offer “first class customer service”. This is simply not true. There is no customer service and dealing with them has been nothing but a massive frustration since June. Save yourself the hassle and work with a company that takes pride in taking care of their customers from the beginning to the end of the process. Dividend Finance is not a company to do business with.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Barry, Thank you for leaving a review and providing us with the opportunity to better serve you. We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand how this could be frustrating. Could you please send us a private message with your last name and the best phone number to call you at, so that someone from our Customer Success Team can reach out and resolve this issue? Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND!! We got solar a few months ago not expecting to sell our house. We have not been able to sell our home because Dividend Finance (who Nerd Power uses) has declined two of our buyers wanting to take the solar over (buyer has a 778 credit score). Whoever installed the solar also broke numerous tiles on our roof which we never would have caught if it wasn’t for an inspection. They did come fix that but talk about integrity. Would never get them again and if you’re planning on selling a home in the near future DO NOT DO IT. Now we’re unable to build our home since they have denied every buyer that is preapproved for a 300k home.

Dividend Solar response

Megan, Thank you for your taking the time to provide us feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand how this situation could be frustrating. Loan assumptions can be tricky, as we require the same criteria to underwrite new customers as we did for you initially. There are a lot of factors we take into consideration during this process, as we have discussed previously. Our team would be happy to discuss this with you further, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Solar Energy is a joke and I learned it the hard way. Especially if you finance, these solar financing companies are nothing short of predatory lender, such as Dividend Solar. Provisions such as:

1. You must keep possession of the panels at all time.
    2. You may not remove the panels, even if you sell your house.
    3. You can't sell the panels to cut your losses.
    4. If you lost your job / home value dropped -- too bad, you must come up with cash to pay the solar company / lender or you can't close your home (because they won't work with you. They put a lien on your home EVEN EVEN THOUGH the panels aren't a part of your home).

5. YOU MAY LOSE YOUR HOME if you run into financial difficulty.

These people will make you believe your home value will go up, but what they don't tell you is that statistics show little value added to your home. In fact, only a handful of states / cities have pro-solar policies and the rest of them, in fact, makes it difficult for you to sell a solar-roofed home. You bought your dream house and firmly believes that you'll live there "forever", but soon you realize the company you work for isn't doing well and there will be cuts. What am I getting at? THE FACT THAT there's no such thing as "staying here forever". YOU ARE AT THE MERCY OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.

Like you, I was an adamant believer of a sustainable world, but having gone through my own solar ordeal, I now firmly believe these people do not share the same passion. They care nothing about the world or its sustainability -- all they care is to get your money. So if you have some extra $40K cash to burn for the betterment of the world, definitely, by all means do it, but if aside from being "green", you want a little bit of financial benefit, DON'T DO IT. Despite what they lead you to believe, you aren't going to get even a shred of financial benefit!

Dividend Solar response

Hi Ryan, First off, we would like to say that we are sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your solar panels from one home to another for a number of reasons which we have previously discussed. This is why we offer our customers the opportunity to transfer their loan to the new buyer if they prefer not to pay the loan off in full before closing on the house. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (844) 805-7100 if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

CONSUMER FRAUD!? If there is a worst company to do business with, it's probably in HELL. I have a Solar System financed thru Dividend Finance. I pay $63 per month, auto pay, for the first 16 months, the monthly payment will go up to $103 for the rest of the 20 year loan. My average Electric bill last year was $62 monthly. The salesman promise.."No More Electrical bills and Money in your pocket, rebates and credits to offset the $15000 Loan." GREAT DEAL, now I have 2 bills and a 20 Years Loan.

The Dividend Finance Loan and Installation Contract was signed on November 1 2018. The contract calls for the installation of 11 Trina Solar Panels, 11 Enphase Energy Inverter. The System was installed December 19-20. On December 21 received a new contract, unilaterally the installation now calls for 11 Japan Solar Panels, 1 SMA America Inverter. Quite a DIFFERENT SYSTEM!! On reflection, however, I decided I was not agreeable to the change of equipment. I therefore signed and submitted a Notice of Cancellation to United Solar on December 26, 2018, in accordance with my three-business-day right to cancel. Dividend also send a “Certificate of Completion” to be signed. The work is considered complete when the panels are on the roof, NOT a working System. I have been paying for a NON WORKING Solar System. Thanks DIVIDEND. I am paying for a NON WORKING Solar System. Thanks DIVIDEND, Thanks United Solar.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Angelo, we are so sorry to hear about your experience and want to let you know that we take claims of fraud very seriously here at Dividend Finance. Our team has been looking into this and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I don’t know where to start! I had a contractor that I met, they told me that it would take a couple of weeks to get started cause of permitting, a month goes by and I’m in contact with them and they said they were going to pick up the permit. Some more time passes and nothing happened. More phone call and I find out that another contractor is taking over? Do I have any rights to whom is working on my house? No change of contractor documents, no signatures, is this legal in Florida? I met the next contractor and started receiving phone calls to sign the job off so they can get paid? Wait a minute! I was a contractor in NYC. It didn’t go this way up there! I told them get the job started and completed and I will sign away! I even had a kid that could have been my son on the phone telling me the way things work. Too funny!! Had to set him straight!!

The first green electrician showed up. I had to help him figure some stuff out, and even lend him tools cause he just started in the field of being an electrician. The owner of the contracting company was another kid that his parents gave him some money to start a business, he had another electrician qualifying the company, the owner is not even an electrician! They installed the panels and the electrical, never got an inspection on the clips for the panels, I asked them don’t you think the structural inspector is going to want to see it? They commented that it will be okay, they know the inspector. The inspector showed up and she tore them a new one and failed it! She said that she is not going to take their word on where they connected the clips for the panels because it has to be secured to the rafters on the roof, they then had to get a letter from a structural engineer to pass that.

The phone calls started the come in again for signatures on DocuSign so they can get paid, I found out that the electrical had failed inspection!!! Not once but 2 times!! Then the panels were completed in September which was to be completed in the past April. I had to pay for a million dollar umbrella policy before FP&L would come and a fee to bribe FP&L to come! Furthermore Igor don’t get a tax rebate. Only a tax write off of only $2000. Per year if you owe taxes at the end of the year. Also the government has to approve the program again for the next years to come or that will be over.

I have all the problems written above like the poor others that got taken by this group of thieves! I have tried to call Dividend but they always have the message that they are experiencing higher than normal calls to call back at another time, that means everyone they screwed is trying to call. I left messages to call me back like the recording said but they don’t call! I also never received my pool pump to help save on electricity that they promised! I wonder what will happen if my panels need to be serviced? Am I on my own? Do yourself a favor and stay away from Dividend and Home Solar! They both stink!!! Mildly putting it!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have solar panels-financed thru Dividend Solar. I pay $60 per month, auto pay. Never late, never missed a payment. When I signed up for this "12 year payment plan" I was told if I sold my home it wouldn't be an issue to pay the loan off with the proceeds from my home (I had no intention on staying in this house for 12 years) and I would have plenty of equity on my home anyway; especially with solar. I listed my home, panels came with it, of course, it was a great selling point! I was about 10 months into my loan at this point. I owed about $18000 (because what they don't tell you is, the first 2 years of payments is ONLY interest- not the principal).

The new homeowners expressed concern that there may be a lien attached to my home since the panels were financed. I assured them it would be fine and no lien would be placed. Anyway, I planned on paying it off with the proceeds from the sale! On April 11, I decided to call Dividend ANYWAY just to double check and make sure I didn't need to pay the panels off FIRST. They told me no lien would be filed, I would just have to continue making payments etc. We even discussed panels on my NEW home. I had every intention on getting them again after this loan was done with. Closing day comes, May 6th. Documents have been signed, new homeowners have wired the cash over (they paid for home in full!) 1:00 pm waiting for keys, moving truck in driveway.

I'm 6 months pregnant with no furniture etc in my home as it is all packed and ready to move. Movers/friends/moving truck/internet everything is ready to go and be moved and BAM! LIEN HAS BEEN PUT ON MY HOME ON APRIL 13TH. I CAN NO LONGER CLOSE UNTIL LOAN IS PAID IN FULL. They put a lien on my home after I asked about it! No one ever sent me anything nor was I informed about this happening or potentially happening! MY "CASE" manager refused to return calls, wait time on hold was 20+ minutes, then it asks for a voicemail, which I left several in a panic, along with my lender, title company and realtor. NO ONE called me back. I had to keep calling and calling.

FINALLY someone took a payment over the phone (I had to borrow $17000 from family!) at 5 pm, which now is TOO LATE TO FUND MY HOME and they can't promise the payment would go thru right away, even thought it was ACH with routing/account #. Had this been dealt with April 12, or even at 1:00 pm when I FIRST CALLED I could be in my new home now. I am a responsible person, I pay my bills, never been late and had EVERY intention on paying my loan AND having a new loan established for my new home. NEVER AGAIN... Please Please save the heartache and NEVER finance with this company. You're trapped in your house for the duration of the loan (12 years my case) you cannot sell home and use proceeds to pay loan off. Nothing has been resolved. still waiting for payment to clear. Thanks a lot Dividend. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Dividend Solar response

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate your feedback. We are glad we’ve been able to work together to resolve this issue. The home sales process can certainly be complicated; and in this case, it seems tighter escrow/closing communications would have helped. We are reviewing our processes for opportunities to improve the experience. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Easy to work with, hardly any problems. My only complaint is that it's tedious to make a non-scheduled extra payment, especially if you do it regularly, for you have to add your checking account information each time. Is it a deal breaker? No. Just the only thing I would like to see improved in the future.

Original review: March 9, 2019

From start to finish the process was outstanding. The salesperson explained the product and the procedure for getting financed. After inputting my information it didn't take more than 10 seconds to get approved. This was the best experience I have ever had getting something financed.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The application process was very easy. I have been interested in getting solar since I was in high school. They made my experience so nice. Now I will have solar on my home, supporting my house for many years to come, all thanks to Dividend.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Everyone was great to work with. There were no surprises. I would recommend this service to anyone. I just sat back and let Dividend handle everything. Very easy process. Very good communication. All the people at Dividend are very friendly and professional.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

CONSUMER FRAUD is commonly defined as deceptive business practices that cause consumers to suffer financial or other losses. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND ALL Sales Partners!! My experience is provided so you may decide whether Consumer Fraud has been committed and be WARNED in your dealings with this company - I can't afford an attorney to pursue this in a court of law since my savings have been depleted.

In June of 2018 my wife and I were given a proposal by sales representatives from Raygime Power LLC, partners of Dividend Solar Finance, and signed financing documents payable to Dividend Solar Finance for a Solar Energy System, over a 20-year period, to include solar panels installed on the roof of our home. The Financial Overview for this proposal focused on a 30% tax credit which would be provided to us by the government in the form of rebates and refunds - a total of $14,922.00, in our case. This money was then to be given to Dividend Solar Finance to lower system costs. They stated that their office would even help us prepare the necessary forms for submission. Having only a layman's understanding of solar energy, I had no reason to doubt these friendly, helpful "experts" in solar power systems - I have since educated myself on this, but too late to avoid a bitter loss.

At tax filing time we discovered that there are NO refunds or rebates, just a 30% tax credit that can only be applied against taxes that you owe; if you owe no taxes, then there is NO CREDIT. This credit can be carried over into next year, but I have had no tax liabilities over past years and no reason to believe I will have any in future years - I am a retiree on a fixed budget with no tax liabilities, thus the rebates and refunds promised by the proposal are nonexistent. In any event, this carry-over expires in 2022, unless extended by the Federal government. This fact is well known to them, as there are similar complaints listed on this and other customer complaint websites and answered "off-line" so as to avoid public scrutiny; as well as, small print *disclaimers* hidden within the proposal and financial documents attempting to cover matters left unspoken and hoping not to be noticed before the financial contract is signed.

The proposal and financial contract do contain "small print" disclaimers, in effect stating, "...you may or may not qualify for this tax credit; your qualification is dependent on your individual tax liability. We do not provide tax advice and you should consult your tax professional to understand if you will qualify for any or all of the credit." a fact which, of course, was NOT emphasized at all during the proposal and contract signing, rather brushed aside as "required legal jargon, not to be concerned with". You do not need to be be a tax professional to advise a potential customer with a fixed income or who for other reasons have little or no annual tax liabilities, that they will not be eligible to benefit from the Incentive Tax Credit. Potential consumers BEWARE and proceed at your own risk.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Max, we are are so sorry to hear about your experience with Dividend Finance and your installer. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and the opportunity to better serve you. We have sent you a private message to follow up and discuss your concern offline. Thank you.

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Dividend Solar is a state of the art RIP off... Buyer please beware. I thought solar was going to save me money but am spending even more than what I wanted. The $6000 rebate that we were going to get isn't going to happen and the tax rebate from IRS is a no go... All in all that's $17000 that could have went to the system. If there is any legal recourse we can take please help.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Corey, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will follow up with you shortly offline to discuss your concern. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Back in July I was sold a solar system by a company that no longer answers phone calls and the President has erased himself from Facebook to avoid pressure. His name is Christopher ** at Sunlight Energy Solutions in West Palm Beach Florida. They set me up with Dividend Finance and assured me that I had a warranty with Dividend finance and that even if Sunlight Energy Solutions were to go out of business I would still be covered. Also Dividend would be monitoring my system if it went down or a panel needed to be replaced.

The installer contracted out by Dividend to install my system acknowledged a problem with the system and has yet to fix it or return calls promptly without pestering them. I called Dividend on this and they said they just service the loan now that I have a problem and I have no warranty after acknowledging I did with the last call. They are not truthful along with the rest of the solar business and I am now looking into suing for a 28000 dollar debt that produces nothing. Thanks Dividend, for nothing!

Dividend Solar response

Hi Jason, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We will be reaching out to you offline to discuss your concern momentarily. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

This happened to my father in Florida, he never signed loan papers, he apparently has a email address, yet he doesn’t have a computer or smartphone, company took money out of his bank without his approval, we are still trying to figure out how? What did happen that they said would happen is that he would get a bill from power company, true - he didn’t for a few mo. This because somehow he was switched to paperless billing, my dad still uses a checkbook, again he doesn’t have a email. Someone want to explain what the hell is going on?

Dividend Solar response

Hi Pat, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are so sorry to hear about yours and your father's experience with Dividend Finance. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and resolve this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Do not use Dividend Solar. I was instructed by their process and paperwork to sign off on the install paperwork once my panels and inverter was installed. I signed per Dividend's instructions and the contractor was paid, and then disappeared. My system was not passing inspection, not active and all the peripheral components were not installed. After many months of poor communication I finally was able to get passed inspection and then could get no one out to turn on the system and finish the terms of the contract.

I finally became a DIY solar tech and figured out how to activate my system thanks to manufactured manuals and YouTube. I still do not have all the peripherals promised such as Nest Thermostat, Water Heater Timer, Water Heater Wrap, LED bulbs and WIFI set up for monitoring the solar system. Also, Dividend will not refund the interest on my loan from April to November. I requested this refund because my system was not active due to Dividend's process so I was paying a loan, and my full electric bill. Buyer beware and do not buy solar with Dividend.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Ryan, thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about your experience with Dividend Finance. Our mission is provide our customers with the best possible customer service and in your case, we have clearly not met our goal. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and resolve your concern offline. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Salesman was quite knowledgeable about his product. Spent as much time with us as needed to answer our questions and if he didn't know the answer to a particular question, he found it out and got back to us in a timely manner. I know solar panels are a good investment in for our future after getting a solar hot water system installed 6 years ago that cut our electric bill in half.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

From the 1st appt to the install everything was very smooth. Everyone from the salesman to the installers were great to work with. The loan paperwork was simple and the interest rates were very good. Everyone involved with this is very polite and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This is the best time to get solar panels for your house and Dividend Solar is where I recommend you start with. They are professional, communicate well, quick work and streamline application process.

Original review: May 21, 2018

It is time for someone to say it as it is. Dividend Solar very had conveniently set their own operation to make a whole lot of money but never ever care for its paying customer. Great organization of operations to make a huge profit but very poor organization to take care of Dividend Solar Customers. So Dividend Solar is providing homeowners with loans to finance their solar systems, their idea to reach customers quickly is to load a huge database of installers from all over the country and sales partners and here we go, money is pouring in. But there is a problem! They have no control over their installation partners, their work quality, time of project completion. This was created out of greed for quick money (huge profits). So, when a customer signs up with Dividend Solar Installation Partner or Sales Organization Partner, Dividend Solar interest in customer's project is gone!

Tons of homeowners are waiting for their solar system to be installed as long as 9 months, they are ripped off of their rebates, their quality of installation sucks, and no one in Dividend Solar care. They will take the call, relate the problem to the installer and that is it. The customer is still stuck with their problem. If you are a homeowner that was waiting longer than 3 months, please contact me by searching for similar articles online. I cannot leave my contact info here on CA. Now, they will say, that they have protocols in place to protect the customer, but this is just a big scam. No one cares either way. I will write much detail articles online since this is a complaint form, I'll keep this one short. All in all, if you are considering going solar, please make sure to avoid Dividend Solar as you will get nothing but a headache, runarounds and months to get your solar system completed.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The website speaks to warranty and monitoring as part of the Dividend program for homeowners. My array has numerous installation issues per an independent audit that my state requires post installation and none are being addressed. My system has been down for a total of 50 days across 3 separate "events" in the past 6 months with NO notice and NO remedy. Dividend is simply about loaning money. There is no support.

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustration. We have sent you a private message to discuss your concern offline. Thank you!

The Dividend Finance Team