2. Solar Energy

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.49/5

Take a Solar Energy Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Dividend Solar is committed to offering a better way for homeowners to go solar. With zero-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day one. Dividend Solar strives to provide customers and partners with a high-quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, it can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes.

Take a Solar Energy Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Dividend Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The Dividend Solar team were very accommodating through the purchasing process. The sales person was very knowledgeable about the product. She walked me through the purchasing process making sure that I was thoroughly informed. I would recommend this company to anyone who desires solar panels for their home.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Using DocuSign as the main signing method and email as the transport, Dividend Solar makes the entire financing process simple, efficient and easy to understand. They replied to my questions quickly and walked me through the process.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

They been really helpful with the process. And they send all documents in time and always keep in touch with me. They are very professional, fast and efficient. I think I couldn't choose a better company to have my financing with.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I appreciated the ease and speed of getting financing approved for my solar system. The whole process was pretty painless and I would recommend Dividend to others to finance their solar systems. I have a small payment each month and look forward to the savings.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

They made the financing experience easy, and the installers were friendly and professional. I would recommend them for getting a solar system installed on the roof of your home. They make the experience pleasant.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Patrick, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for posting some photos as well. We are delighted to hear about your seamless financing experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I found that getting financing from Dividend was quick and easy. I’m a new customer to solar power, and while I’m still waiting for Idaho Power to do its part to start my solar power, my experience with Horizon PWR, namely, Preston and Mat, and the folks at Big Dog Installers, has been very good. I highly recommend these folks. They are connected to Dividend Solar, which was quick to provide the green light with financing.

Dividend Solar response

Hi M, Thank you for your review and for posting a photo of your solar as well! We are happy to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

My advice to anyone looking to finance solar would be to avoid this company. I sold my home in June 2019, all fees were paid, including the investment incentive and assumption fee. Dividend continues to send me an invoice requesting payment although there is nothing owed and the new owners are now making the payments on the solar. I have sent communications (both phone and email) on multiple occasions and do not get a response.

I am receiving late payment notices for a payment that is not due. Dividend’s website claims to make things easy and that they offer “first class customer service”. This is simply not true. There is no customer service and dealing with them has been nothing but a massive frustration since June. Save yourself the hassle and work with a company that takes pride in taking care of their customers from the beginning to the end of the process. Dividend Finance is not a company to do business with.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Barry, Thank you for leaving a review and providing us with the opportunity to better serve you. We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand how this could be frustrating. Could you please send us a private message with your last name and the best phone number to call you at, so that someone from our Customer Success Team can reach out and resolve this issue? Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND!! We got solar a few months ago not expecting to sell our house. We have not been able to sell our home because Dividend Finance (who Nerd Power uses) has declined two of our buyers wanting to take the solar over (buyer has a 778 credit score). Whoever installed the solar also broke numerous tiles on our roof which we never would have caught if it wasn’t for an inspection. They did come fix that but talk about integrity. Would never get them again and if you’re planning on selling a home in the near future DO NOT DO IT. Now we’re unable to build our home since they have denied every buyer that is preapproved for a 300k home.

Dividend Solar response

Megan, Thank you for your taking the time to provide us feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand how this situation could be frustrating. Loan assumptions can be tricky, as we require the same criteria to underwrite new customers as we did for you initially. There are a lot of factors we take into consideration during this process, as we have discussed previously. Our team would be happy to discuss this with you further, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Solar Energy is a joke and I learned it the hard way. Especially if you finance, these solar financing companies are nothing short of predatory lender, such as Dividend Solar. Provisions such as:

1. You must keep possession of the panels at all time.
        2. You may not remove the panels, even if you sell your house.
        3. You can't sell the panels to cut your losses.
        4. If you lost your job / home value dropped -- too bad, you must come up with cash to pay the solar company / lender or you can't close your home (because they won't work with you. They put a lien on your home EVEN EVEN THOUGH the panels aren't a part of your home).

5. YOU MAY LOSE YOUR HOME if you run into financial difficulty.

These people will make you believe your home value will go up, but what they don't tell you is that statistics show little value added to your home. In fact, only a handful of states / cities have pro-solar policies and the rest of them, in fact, makes it difficult for you to sell a solar-roofed home. You bought your dream house and firmly believes that you'll live there "forever", but soon you realize the company you work for isn't doing well and there will be cuts. What am I getting at? THE FACT THAT there's no such thing as "staying here forever". YOU ARE AT THE MERCY OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.

Like you, I was an adamant believer of a sustainable world, but having gone through my own solar ordeal, I now firmly believe these people do not share the same passion. They care nothing about the world or its sustainability -- all they care is to get your money. So if you have some extra $40K cash to burn for the betterment of the world, definitely, by all means do it, but if aside from being "green", you want a little bit of financial benefit, DON'T DO IT. Despite what they lead you to believe, you aren't going to get even a shred of financial benefit!

Dividend Solar response

Hi Ryan, First off, we would like to say that we are sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your solar panels from one home to another for a number of reasons which we have previously discussed. This is why we offer our customers the opportunity to transfer their loan to the new buyer if they prefer not to pay the loan off in full before closing on the house. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (844) 805-7100 if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

CONSUMER FRAUD!? If there is a worst company to do business with, it's probably in HELL. I have a Solar System financed thru Dividend Finance. I pay $63 per month, auto pay, for the first 16 months, the monthly payment will go up to $103 for the rest of the 20 year loan. My average Electric bill last year was $62 monthly. The salesman promise.."No More Electrical bills and Money in your pocket, rebates and credits to offset the $15000 Loan." GREAT DEAL, now I have 2 bills and a 20 Years Loan.

The Dividend Finance Loan and Installation Contract was signed on November 1 2018. The contract calls for the installation of 11 Trina Solar Panels, 11 Enphase Energy Inverter. The System was installed December 19-20. On December 21 received a new contract, unilaterally the installation now calls for 11 Japan Solar Panels, 1 SMA America Inverter. Quite a DIFFERENT SYSTEM!! On reflection, however, I decided I was not agreeable to the change of equipment. I therefore signed and submitted a Notice of Cancellation to United Solar on December 26, 2018, in accordance with my three-business-day right to cancel. Dividend also send a “Certificate of Completion” to be signed. The work is considered complete when the panels are on the roof, NOT a working System. I have been paying for a NON WORKING Solar System. Thanks DIVIDEND. I am paying for a NON WORKING Solar System. Thanks DIVIDEND, Thanks United Solar.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Angelo, we are so sorry to hear about your experience and want to let you know that we take claims of fraud very seriously here at Dividend Finance. Our team has been looking into this and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss. Thank you.

Dividend Solar Company Information