4.48/5
  • 1 star
Based on 212 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a solar energy company?

Dividend Solar

At Dividend Solar, we believe that solar energy is the future of our country, which is why we are committed to offering a better way for our homeowners to go solar. With our $0-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day 1.

We continually strive to provide each of our customers and partners with the highest quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, we can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes -- all from the comfort of your home.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Nov. 7, 2017

602 Dividend Solar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Enrollment was easy and I’m pretty happy with Dividend Solar. I just got a Duke Energy bill for $48 for a month rather than $300. I’m happy with the installation and the equipment but I suggest they follow up to see how we’re doing, because I had to do a lot of digging to figure out where I'm at, paying things back and how to refer them to somebody else, which I just did. Also, I still haven’t been able to get on the app over my phone to figure out how I can check how much power is being produced. I keep getting, “You have to call somebody else.”

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I got an electric car and I wanted to be able to get some clean energy. Dividend Solar is the finance part of our solar company so they explained everything clearly and there were no surprises. The system was easy to set up, but I didn't get any updates from them until after everything was turned on. Then, they finally sent me information on where to log in and fill all the details. At first, their customer service was a little bit strange because there was just one number. It was hard for me to find out where to call at one point. But once I found out, I made the first payment. I wanted to see if it was paid or not, since I didn't get any updates. I called in and they saw the payment there. They said once my solar is in, they're going to update everything. It was all fine after that. Their interest rates were a bit higher but other than that, the experience has been okay.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My enrollment with Dividend Solar was easy and the whole process took a total of two weeks. Their customer service reps are very responsive and they always answer any of my concerns really quickly. But I want to get my bills down to where I think they need to be as they aren't what I was told they were going to be. But Dividend is working on that. I think there’s a problem with the nest thermostat they put in. But as far as the solar panels, they seem to be producing well. Other than that, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I'm very satisfied with my decision to go solar. I'm with 360 Solar, and they used Dividend Solar as financing. Enrolling with them was easy. They were ready to give me the financing. They did look at my background but it was very quick. Their interest rate was also good and they didn't drag it out on the finance. They're doing me good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was trying to cut back on my energy bill so I decided to get solar energy services. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was very easy. They explained everything as they went along and when they said they were going to be out here, they were. Once everything got rolling, everything fell in place and there were no setbacks. However, there were times when their customer service could've been better as far as communicating with me as to what needed to be done. Leaving messages and not having calls returned was the worst part of it. But for the most part, it was okay. I have my system for the third month now and I'm not seeing the financial blessings yet, but I know it takes time. The bill also looks good, but it could be a lot lower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We made our first payment of $128 last month to Dividend Solar and I got the statement showing that the payment is going to stay in place for about another year then afterward it goes up to about $250 a month. There's also a lump sum payment you can make of $10,000-$11,000 and that's going to reduce the amount if that payment is made.

We started with Dividend in August and it was the worst time of the year as far as generating electricity use because that's when the air-conditioning season is at its top. We've been using Dividend Solar and right now, we have put out into the power grids 71% of what we've taken in. We haven't matched what we've used as far as taking back out, but over the years time, it should match pretty well because we get into these cooler months and the winter, we're going to be generating more electricity that we used. That's what I'm watching every day.

When the temperature gets's cooler, there are two things that really help. One is that you're not needing air-conditioning nearly much which is by far the biggest usage you have of electricity. Another is the solar panels get a little more efficient because they work better at lower temperatures. Overall it's been pretty positive.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is getting my statement so we'll be able to claim our tax credits not only for this year but they're going to spill over the next year. We're going to get two years of really big tax credit that we may not have tax out of pocket for so we paid and we're paying overtime for that solar thing. The way it looks now, after ten years or so, things will get paid off and we're essentially generating our own electricity at no charge.

One thing that's good with Dividend's program versus others is Dividend is more of a comprehensive thing. They're going to take care of the installation, look at radian barrier if it's needed and get that Ecobee or Nest thermostat. We had an Ecobee. It's really nice because I can take it and I have an app that I can use to check and even reset temperature from wherever I am.

Overall, it hasn't gone perfectly but I've been satisfied. I would really like to see how the economics work. I only have two and a half months of data but I want to get more of a full year. But so far it looks like it is going to be a solid thing. I'm talking to a friend about using Dividend. We had the guy, Alex, who worked with us as our project manager and he was very good. He was over at our house a lot and we're good friends. I’m sure he's going to help our other friends get involved. It's a good thing for the company to have him because he cares a lot and really works with people. Also, there;s Shane who spearheaded the installation of the panels and he was very good too.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We found out about Dividend Solar through Integrate Sun which is the company that we contracted with. I've always wanted a solar energy since I was a teenager. It's more affordable now and we've been in our house for five years and it seems a good time to do it. However, there were a lot of questions throughout the process and we ended up asking the guy who was contracted through Sweetwater Energy to answer our questions. I hope there was a better communication about the process and what step comes next because we signed up with the sales rep and we didn't hear anything for about three weeks. We called and we're like, "Hey, when are you guys coming?".

The next thing you know, they're there in the next few days. So, being our first experience, it would have been a little more helpful if we were provided more information initially. Even so, the enrollment was easy. Integrate Sun took care of that on our behalf and that was very helpful. They canceled with our previous provider and then we got signed up with anyone that did purchase a buy-back program. Also, the installation guys were fantastic. They were quick and they worked very hard. I do like all the communication that's being sent via email about my payment and information about my online account. My husband likes being able to track what the panels are producing at his home and he shows that out to everybody. Overall, Dividend has been helpful, informative and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Billing and notification are fine. However, it was expressed to me that I have four months before billing would kick in but it was like two months. I should have also been informed upfront that there's going to be some months that I might see a significant utility bill on top of what I'm paying towards the equipment. This past month I have exceeded by almost $100 between the two billings on what I'm paying so I have not been a happy camper. I hadn't budgeted for an increase of a full $90 on the utility side. I was grasping for straws trying to figure out why this thing is so convoluted. I replaced all my windows at home and even have adjusted my thermostat a little bit higher in my house, which I don't like. I shouldn't have to change my lifestyle to try to get an electric bill down. I also have a dear friend who did solar a couple of months before me and his bills haven't been anywhere near as bad as mine. I'm still holding out hopes that it all works out.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I've heard about solar energy services for a while. I've seen some on my neighbors that have it and I've always been curious about it. When I talked to the salesman from SA Solar Pros that stopped by at my front door, it kind of made sense to go ahead and do it. They said they connected to Dividend Solar to usher them on. Eventually, the local installers gave me a design of how they're going to put the panels and I didn't like that design at all. I don't even have panels on the east side of my house and when the sun rises, I don't catch anything on that side. Other than that, I had a pretty decent experience with Dividend Solar.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We are green. We have a fully electric car and a charging station in our house, and it seemed ridiculous to have this great roof in the Sunshine State and not go solar. It was very easy to enroll with Dividend Solar. We were connected to them through a group of residents that were getting together and everybody wanted solar so they all went in on the same package. I didn't like the package they went in on, but Dividend kept working with me and connecting me with solar companies until I found one that I was happy with. It was a well thought-out package and they gave me every detail monetarily and by kilowatt hour. They also saved me money on it and were courteous.

They took care of everything and any time I thought something was going to be a problem, they took care of it so quick I didn't have time to complain. And that never happens. They were beautiful every step of the way and I love them. We went through four different solar companies that offered packages that cost twice or three times as much and that didn't even cover the electricity. There's no way that I could compare these guys with the four other companies that we looked at full packages at. They're so above and beyond. Everybody should get Dividend Solar.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I looked into solar energy services for the green energy and to save on our electricity bills. Some of my friends posted or liked Dividend Solar on Facebook. I contacted Dividend Solar and enrolling with them was very easy. I had good dealings with the customer service reps and I never had any issues. Dividend Solar was reliable, fast, and competent. Everything is working the way it should and I'm satisfied with my decision to go solar.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Dividend Solar was easy to deal with. The enrolment was easy and their customer service team has been good. Everything works flawlessly.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I'm very satisfied with my decision to go solar. However, the payment started off suddenly and I didn’t hear anything from Dividend Solar. During the whole time, I initially sign the papers, got the process going and I didn’t hear anything until three weeks after my solar was installed and it was an email basically saying, “This is your first payment, it’s coming out of your bank now.” It was like $96 and then I got another email three days later saying, “This is your payment and it’s going to be coming out on that same day,” but it had risen. So the payment date is the 17th of every month. I received three emails with three different amounts for that first charge. So, I had to call Dividend and clarify and see exactly what amount was going to actually be taken out of my account. And that was settled that way, but just getting it off the ground was a little confusing and when I did talk to customer service, they did handle it well.

Everything was seamless. My only complaint is the lack of communication during the whole process. When we first initiated the solar purchase with RGS, I was told that I was approved but I wasn’t convinced of it until it was actually happening. I felt it might be still up in the air because there wasn’t any official documentation from Dividend until the end. For the most part, the process was straightforward. However, it might have been nice if there's somebody who'd call to confirm everything and let me know what’s going on rather than calling the RGS rep for everything including the financial aspect of the project. It would have been nice to hear from the actual lenders. The experience was hassle-free yet turbulent at the beginning of the payment part. It was confusing when and where the payment was going to come out. There could have been a little more communication there that would have made things better.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We are green and we have a fully electric car and a charging station in our house, and it seemed ridiculous to have this great roof in the Sunshine State and not go solar. We ended up buying through Dividend Solar. We were connected through a solar conglomerate group of residents that wanted solar and were getting together, so they all went in on the same package. I didn't like the package they went in on, but the group kept working with me and connecting me with solar companies until I found us one that I was happy with.

It was very easy to enroll with Dividend, and they were beautiful every step of the way. They took care of every single thing that was an issue before I had time to say, "Hey, this isn't right." They gave me every detail monetarily and by kilowatt hour. They were courteous and saved me a bunch of money on a beautiful and a well thought-out package. We went through four different solar companies that offered packages that cost three times as much and just that didn't even cover the electricity. There's no way that I could compare Dividend with the four other companies that we looked full packages at. We love the company. They're so above and beyond and everybody should get them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My family has solar energy services in their houses and it was also something I wanted to do for a while. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy, and I did everything online. I just got my first bill and it was more than I thought, so I'm not super happy going solar yet. But I'd recommend Dividend Solar. They're affordable and my experience has been easy.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I'm a guy who is looking to save the environment, so I looked around for solar energy services and decided to do it. I got online and requested some information and Dividend Solar emailed it to me and then I called them. And it was nice being able to call somebody about the information that you needed to make a decision. It's good to know how it worked, what the benefits were and the paybacks. Dividend's customer service has been good. Every time I've called somebody, they've had an answer for me. If they didn't, they'd call me back with the answer. They are very professional. Going solar has been excellent, so far. The sad thing is I started in July, which was the worst time to start. So, I didn't really have much power saved up. But our power bill is nothing like it was and I'm hoping that next year, I won't have any power bill at all.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We love Dividend Solar. I decided to try it since we didn't have to invest any money into it directly. There are six of us living in the house, my daughter and her family, my husband and myself, in a three-bedroom house and our electric bills are running to $260 because it was so hot this summer. I always like alternative energy sources so it was a good opportunity. I'm a hundred and ten percent satisfied in my decision to go solar.

Dividend just took us step by step every bit of the way. They contacted me, emails and phone calls. They gave me information with people’s phone numbers to contact if I had any questions. Anytime I had any questions, all I do is call and they were always ready to explain everything to me. If I called and had to leave a message, they call me right back within 20-30 minutes at the most. It's been terrific talking to their customer service. Catherine is just always pleasant and upbeat. She knows how to help me through whatever questions I have or she’ll direct me to the person that I need to go to. Moreover, the guys that hooked up the system walked me through everything that I had to do after, so it was really nice. It was a good experience all the way around. They're exceptional.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Customer service at Dividend Solar is there, but they had a lot more of underlayment work that they needed when they did the roof along with the solar. Also, we were trying to extend the contract by about $2400 or $2600. Though I'd already paid them some money, I don't know if that was approved or how do we go about that to this day. I also haven't had enough connection with them and I would like more information because I'm going on a neighborhood scale and see if we can generate a little more grassroots. There are two groups here - one is the Strong America Jobs following the president's side and the other group is adamantly opposed to some of the things going on. I want to show them what the alternatives are and that we have investors, groups, and companies on a nationwide basis that are trying to get this done and we need their help to do it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I worked for a solar company. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was very easy and it’s been a pretty good experience. Now our bill is about half of what we used to pay.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I'm satisfied with going with Dividend Solar. Our experience throughout the process was all right, except that they gave me a thermostat and they never came to put it on. I have even called to follow up, but still never came. Installation went fine, they did a good job and they cleaned up after themselves. They seemed to be well-organized.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We got our panel in September. Our experience went well, but the only problem that I had is that I still haven't received anything in the mail about a bill. I think my husband got an email from this lady when they were to come to do the panels. But after that, they didn't give us any information on how to enroll in auto-pay. They should have made it easier for us to have this information. During the installation, we weren't home, so that was nice that we didn't have to be there. They installed really quickly. We also had a good experience with our salesman. We've recommended them to other people who are thinking about it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

PG&E in California is very expensive so we decided to go solar. So far, it's had a financial impact on us and we're very satisfied. We were turned on to Dividend because of our solar panel company and enrolling with them was very easy and simple. The links were sent to us by our rep and it was all done online. They're also very efficient.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I'm satisfied that I went solar. It's good for the environment and I'd rather pay less money a month. Dividend Solar's service has been good so far. They said they were going to set us up so we could check things online. But once they got installed I haven't heard anything from them again and I really don't know how much energy we're producing because I don't know how to check it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was looking at solar energy as an option as far as the cost of utility. I consider myself fairly tech savvy, not as good as a young child around 15 or 16 years old, but Dividend Solar's website was easy to navigate. Enrolling with them went very smoothly, and I was approved pretty rapidly. I actually pulled back from going solar at one point. I then had some discussions with Go Solar and we decided to move ahead with it. I sent in a short note into Dividend, they reinstated the money, and we went forward.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was trying to save money over the long run on my energy cost and it took me a long time to get things started but so far, I'm satisfied with my decision to go solar. I've heard about Dividend Solar through my solar provider and enrolling with them was pretty easy and all virtual. They also made it easy as far as the lending goes. The couple of times I've spoken with people at Dividend, they were available and weren't hard to reach. I didn't start getting bills until everything was settled. However, the interest is a little bit high. But other than that, it's been an okay and simple experience with Dividend.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I looked into solar energy services to save some money and I'm not really satisfied. It doesn’t gain much because it doesn’t have much power there. The solar panel won't create more power in my family to use. It does not work very good. They gain only about a couple of kilowatt a day and I spend a lot more than that daily. They calculate how many panels up in my roof and I don’t save much money in the monthly there. I still make $80, $90 a month for utility

I think solar only has to be a backup. If we have blackout so we can use our solar. Also their technicians were moving around and making a mess in my roof and the other parts are still up there. I told them they have to remove it and they don’t want to do it. And they tell me I have to tell my own roof thing guy to clean it up for them. They put it up and down so they have to take it out. I tried to be nice with them too but they do some weird stuff.

I also have lots of problem so far in my solar panel. At first they put in the wrong size. And then my SOS I have to remove it for a different size. I wish I didn’t do it. The representatives were very nice. They try to make up for the product because the products are not very good. But today I gain about three kilowatt a day and the current power is 9090 watts in there. I don’t understand what exactly it is. I just ask them and the one installation guy he said, “Oh, I am not familiar with the app. I don’t know how to read it.” They're Go Solar and the Solar guy is supposed to know very simple answer. It's a simple question in there and they don’t know it. I don’t see any progress in here.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Dinh,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be reaching out to you directly regarding your concern.

Team Dividend

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We wanted to do solar to save on our energy bill. Somebody from Dividend Solar reached out to us and they came over and talked about the program. They were very friendly, helpful and walked me all the way through the process. Enrolling with them was easy too. Initially, I dealt with one person which transferred to another person for the install. They addressed the problems while they were doing the installation. It was all done very professionally and everybody did a great job. It was a really good experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My neighbor got solar energy done so I started looking into it. We had one for about three months now and so far, I'm satisfied with it. Last month, our bill was $140 less than what we had before. Dividend took care of everything. And as far as getting everything set up, things went really well. But since it's all been installed and in place, I haven't heard from them again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Enrolling with Dividend Solar was fairly easy. But they were supposed to put together an estimate because I needed more panels and they haven't gotten back to me yet. The reps said that they were going to follow up with me but they didn't. My solar panels didn’t get put up until middle-late June, so it has been on for a few months and I haven't seen any benefit yet. They could be better.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I decided on solar energy because of my energy bill that keeps going up every year and enrolling with Dividend was a good experience. I like the auto signature that's web-based and the electronic signage was pretty good. The way they were able to provide me with the documents via email on how to put it out, then submit it back was easy. The process took about three weeks and I've been with them for less than a month

Dividend Solar questions and answers

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?
    Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?
    By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.
    What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?
    The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.
    How does Dividend Solar measure success?
    Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?
    The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.
    How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?
    We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.
    Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Information

3661 Buchanan Street, Third Floor
    San Francisco
    www.dividendsolar.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use