toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy and satisfied about going solar. The rebates definitely help, and it’s a greener, better solution in the long run. The enrolment process was fairly easy. I had a great sales rep, and the installation team did a good job. Everything from the online documentation, paperwork and signing, and the rest, was very easy. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending Dividend Solar to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar. There were many negative reviews as well as positive ones of going solar but we decided to pick Dividend Solar because of the reviews that they had. The overall time it took the process and the end product, everything’s been a positive response. We’re relieved that we made a good choice. Dividend Solar's customer service answered all our questions. We got in touch with them and they sent out the contractor for our area. We are very pleased with the contractor they chose. Enrollment was an easy process, too. They took our information, ran the numbers, and got the system we wanted to work. We got the loan for it to be completed. Everything worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went through Dividend Solar when we did our Baker Solar Electric. When I enrolled for Dividend, they helped me all the time and everything was taken care of. I had to automatically enroll in the automatic payment system but I didn't have to do much for that either. I was walked through everything with Baker. Right now, this is new to me and I know my payments are going to be one thing for the first year and then they're going to change. But so far, it's been great. Everything was easy so I'm satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had somebody who was with Alba Energy that came through the neighborhood. They came in, sat down, went through a program and showed how we could get not only the tax credit. So, we went ahead and got that. Then, Alba went through Dividend Solar itself. When enrolling with Dividend Solar, they were clear-cut in what they did. All I had to do was to follow the directions. It has been an incredible experience. We got it in about six weeks ahead of what they thought they would be able to do for us so we started saving at the end of March. My March bill that I had to pay in April was about $60 and then we didn’t have to pay anything last month. This month, it looks like it'll be the same so we're very happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve been thinking about getting solar energy but we were concerned with what the terms of purchasing were. Then we got a cold call from Dividend Solar and the young man did a great job explaining it. He was very courteous and knowledgeable. He also had a really, pleasant upbeat personality. Whenever we had a question, he’d get back to us that day or the next morning and answer it fully. So, the enrollment process was very good. And when he said the work would be done, it was done and done well and timely. We got our first couple of bills from the electric company and it’s a considerable saving so we’re very happy with the whole process. We're very satisfied with going solar. The whole experience has been educational and I would recommend it. Actually, I have recommended it to many people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Dividend through a solar company that used it. Singing up with Dividend was easy. When I wanted to make sure about my first payment going through, I talked to their customer service rep who validated it and everything was fine. I’m very satisfied with going solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved into our subdivision, Dividend Solar's sales rep Mike knocked on the door and talked to us about solar panels. We had been looking into solar energy online, and every time we click on the page, we’d have a representative from California or Florida calling about the solar panel. Mike was extremely patient with us when we were enrolling with Dividend Solar. This is a $25,000 investment and we were very hesitant and did a lot of homework. Throughout the sales process, he would follow up, but not too pushy. It took us a few months to actually decide to pull the trigger and he gave us our space but yet kept us on track with the whole purchase. Amanda, the rep who has arranged to have the installation, very prompt to respond to us and kept us on track with the paperwork.

However, when we were going to the process of the paperwork and agreeing and gathering all the information from Mike, he had said that based on the fact that my husband’s a first responder, we would qualify for a monthly incentive. We asked him several times about what would that be and it was never confirmed. But he did mention that we were either going to get $1,300 off or whatever that month incentive was going to be, but that was up to the marketers, whatever promotion they were doing. I reached out to Amanda about it and that’s probably the only piece that she never responded to me. I don’t know if it was out of her scope of business, but we never got that confirmation and nobody ever confirmed what our monthly incentive would have been.

We have reached out to their customer service but it was always the exact same response he had with, “Oh, I don’t know.” or “We’re going to get back to you.” It’s something that we were kind of requesting and writing when we were going through all the paperwork. Before we know it, it was kind of that urge like, “Hey! You guys need to sign this paperwork because you’re going to lose all your credit. We don’t know if the government or the CPS was going to honor the rebate.”

We had asked Mike on the days to sign the contract or we were going to lose the CPS rebate and then possibly the government rebate and the incentive was never put into the contract. Cost versus quality, no doubt, I am extremely satisfied with Dividend Solar. A great investment and a great lawful company. However, I am a little torn because I’m happy with the overall service and would definitely recommend, but it’s just that one selling piece that is making it hard for me kind of judge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Trinity Solar did my solar installation and they recommended Dividend Solar's program to use for the financial part. I have to make a phone call and settle some things because there may be some miscommunication. I read some of the emails very quickly and the options were too pitiful. I saw the first deduction from my account and what I understood was that it's gonna be the total payment. The minimum payment is gonna cost me a lot of high interest that I don't want. I want to retain the right amount at the right time and not some special rate that's going to extend this whole thing to forever. I'll have to go Trinity and see exactly how much is the norm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our gas and electric bill was getting out of hand. We contacted Baker Solar and everything went so well and fast. We had the solar panels installed and we're very satisfied. Enrolling with Dividend was super easy, though we were having problems with our monthly payments. I was expecting a $47 bill to come out on a certain date in May and only $9 came out so I was confused. I went to my contract and found Dividend's phone number. I called the customer service line and the reps looked through everything up quickly and were able to answer. It was a prorated bill so that's why it was so short. I was glad that I had their phone number and it was easy to get an answer. Overall, we have been extremely happy with everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried to be green so we decided to get into solar services. We learned about Dividend Solar through Baker Electric. Enrolling was pretty easy and it’s generally been a good experience thus far. We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we first start exploring it, we felt that going solar was the correct thing to do, even though we found that our energy usage didn't really warrant it. In fact, going solar would be a little more expensive on average than what we spend for power, but over time, we decided it was negligible and decided to go ahead and do it anyway. In the long run, it's a good choice and also environmentally, we are very concerned and decided to really curtail our use of fossil fuels and drive electric cars, too. The process was absolutely seamless and we felt well taken care of. I enjoy being able to track what we use.

I was concerned that in the first 60 months until you get your rebate, that there was very little payment made which was just the interest so I had called because I wanted to pay and get going on it. But one of the things that was explained to me by Dividend was that we could do that and that everything that we pay over and above would go to the principal, which is good. The fellow explained to me of why could they wait to really predicate it on once you get the tax break. The association that they have with the solar provider that we decided to use was absolutely seamless. Oftentimes it isn't an easy task but it seems like they all have created a cooperation and a work ethic that is working. That's why we have recommended Dividend Solar to friends and neighbors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The location of my house was indicative to solar because of the position of the house so it was profitable. I just wish it was a little bit sunnier over here but I’m pretty happy with going solar. I learned about Dividend Solar through the solar company. Dividend Solar's customer service was very efficient in all categories and I'm very happy with the professionalism. Once, I made a call because I had questions about the S rack and the person I spoke to was extremely helpful. He guided me in the right direction and I was very pleased with that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There’s a whole lot of different things that made us think about getting solar, but ultimately, the fact that all of our neighbors have it and have had good experiences led us to finally make the decision to do it. We heard of Dividend Solar through Baker Electric. The enrollment process was very easy. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far, we've been extremely satisfied and that's just enough experience to recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A solar energy services door-to-door guy came by and he intrigued me a little bit to the point where I did more and more research. I actually found companies better than that company and felt comfortable about going solar and pulled the trigger. Dividend Solar was one of the partners that worked with the company I installed with and it was super easy enrolling with them. I signed up and the other party just handled everything for me. I’m on auto deduction every month, and it's been very simple. I've only got one bill since I've had solar installed and it's only been a month.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The electricity costs here in San Diego, California is high, so we decided to look into solar energy services. The consultant that we worked with at Baker Electric focused on Dividend Solar's product as the best financing source. Since going solar, I'm getting the residual of my lower bills now and it's very close to the anticipated reduction and cost, so I'm very happy. I definitely recommend Dividend Solar. It's a no brainer product to use over a 20 year period with nothing out of pocket and the rebate makes it an immediate, easy decision to move forward with that financing vehicle.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our bills are too high and Dividend Solar was the company recommended through the solar that we went with. Enrolling was all online and able to acknowledge it online, so it was easy. It just started, but so far, so good. It's easy to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our solar provider Baker Electric Solar referred Dividend Solar. We weren't going to be able to go solar out of our pocket but Dividend was able to lump in some of our roof repairs into the loan of getting solar done, which was really nice. It hasn't been too long since we've been up and running solar, but it's been a good and enjoyable experience so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a huge bill and I was referred to Dividend Solar through a friend of mine. It was Baker Electric that came out, gave us the quote and did all the installation. So everything was smooth and fine. I've been on solar for about three weeks now but so far, so good. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I use a ton of electricity so I decided to use solar energy services. I got a quick application with Dividend Solar when I went through the consultation with Baker, the company that I got the solar from. Dividend Solar emailed me an approval and called once I was approved just to let me know that we would be proceeding once I got everything done with Baker. All I did after that was just set-up the automatic withdrawal on my bank account. The whole process took about a month total because my HOH had to sign off on the plan. So far, it's been great. I'm producing more electricity than I use everyday so that's good. I'm super happy with everything that I've experienced so far. It has been an easy and friendly experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was upset with CL&P. Before I was deployed, they charged an equal amount for delivery as they did for the actual electricity itself. When I came back, bought a house and looked at my electricity bill, they were now charging double the price for delivery than they were the actual electricity, so I got Dividend Solar. They have nicely set up the control panel and it has all the information I could possibly need right on the dashboard including my solar output. So if I ever have any disputes with CL&P, I have my own reference information.

In addition, automatic payments is a huge benefit for me which Dividend does on a monthly basis. When I was deployed, I've had problems with financial companies in the past where they don't allow online payments. If I can't get the internet and I miss a month, they won't work with me to try to get it off from PayPal which ended up hurting my credit over $18. I paid everything off just to be safe, and they kept on saying they were going to fix it and it never got fixed. Currently, the solar system has been turned on for a month and it's already produced double what I should be using for the spring months, which means that should carry over the winter months. It's the same price for electricity but I get to give CL&P the shaft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for solar because of the pollution that’s going into the air. I’m very concerned about the emissions from the power plants. They talk about methane and CO2 but there’s so many carcinogens that’s emitted into the air that’s affecting the health of our people. It’s also contributing to global warming and to me it just makes no sense to keep fostering the fossil fuel industry which is really destroying our waterways, consuming our energy and promoting heating up the planet. I feel like they’re on another planet and so solar or any kind of alternative fuel is the way to go.

The company that I've used for my solar panels was a smaller, more local company that's part of the large company that starts out of California. They're the ones who got us enrolled with Dividend Solar. The salesperson, with whom I made the contract and who told me about Dividend Solar and introduced himself. He was very accommodating and stopped by to see how things are going so I was pleased with the sales interaction and pretty much contented at this time.

I’m satisfied with the decision to switch to solar and I've already recommended them to a few friends. I just wish we were getting more suns. It’s been overcast for how many days now and that’s one drawback but I’m not in it for financial gain. I’m more in it for the long range in terms of helping the destination of our planet. I’m also excited that the alternative fuel industry is really burgeoning and the fossil fuel industry does not employ as many people, and so this is a good investment for so many different reasons like for jobs and the environment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just got Dividend Solar the middle of April. So this would bring us into one month and my bill is way lower. It's great. The computer system is also easy to use. It's easy to log on, go look at all the stuff and the rep explained it all to us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We decided to get into solar because we wanted better energy and it doesn't make sense to pay a ton to PG&E. With solar, at least we're investing in something. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was simple and super easy. It was back and forth in the emails to sign some documents and everything is a go. It was seamless. We're completely satisfied with our decision to go solar. Right now we're producing enough that we don't have to use PG&E. We're still tied to PG&E but we're generating enough on a daily basis that our production is greater than our needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The people in my neighborhood were getting solar energy services so we did too. We enrolled with Dividend Solar. It was fairly easy although a bit rushed because it was in the middle of a lot of other stuff going on when we did it. But it went well. Now my average per month is lower than it was although it hasn't been installed that long and it's only been a month and a half.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My electric bill is pretty outrageous so it's why I wanted to try to go solar. I went through Baker Electric and they got me to Dividend Solar. Baker handled mostly everything. They're very professional and very polite, and were on top of it. Anything that was going on, when I was expecting somebody to be here or otherwise, I was always notified on the telephone. From start to finish, it took a month or so with getting the financing and all the permits. Then they did the whole installation in two days. They were awesome - very clean and very good. And so, my experience up to this point has been really good. Everything went sweet. It was a pleasurable and professional experience. Hopefully, my bill will go down and everything will be good from there. The whole idea of getting solar I hope is my answer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The prices of San Diego Gas and Light are skyrocketing so we looked into solar energy. We then found Dividend Solar through Baker Electric, although I already knew about them way before coming into solar. Based on the records, they've been in business for so many years, they got a reputation. With somebody who have a reputation like that, you want to deal with good people.

When I talked to the rep and to several people with my loan company, they were very prompt. The process was a no-brainer. The rep sat down with me for about two and a half hours. He explained to me what all they will be doing. They walked me through the switches, the solars are activated once San Diego Gas and Light gave me the tool to do it. It was really in my corner. They make sure everything is the way it's supposed to go. They went above and beyond their duties. It was just like classwork. You sit in class and they give you all this information. But when they came on site, they did exactly what he said he was gonna do with a one-day installation. So I'm impressed right now. It's been active for no more than a month but I see a big difference. Outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the clickbait ads that had popped up on my screen one day made me decide to look into solar energy services and the company that I got my solar panels from hooked me up with Dividend Solar. They told me Dividend was getting my loan through, so I said, "Okay.” It's only been a month, but I'm pretty satisfied and I don't really foresee that changing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been looking into going solar before. Dividend Solar was found online from a website with a list of the top 10 solar companies in the US. We then contacted Dividend and the reps were great. They called us back and then they contracted Baker Electric down here where we are. Once it was sent out, everything went through Baker. They contacted me and sent an application. It took two to three months before the panels were installed and we have been 100% satisfied so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted solar because I was thinking about saving money. So far, I've been extremely satisfied with the switch. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy. It was through Baker Electric. I didn't have any problems and they communicated well. The guy that I was dealing with didn't do anything but have me sign the paperwork. He explained everything thoroughly. It was also set up pretty fast. The entire process took 35-40 days. Then I did get in touch with someone from the team and they had answered all my questions. It was a pleasure to work with them. It was seamless and excellent. My cousin-in-law got a better deal with someone else but I've still recommended them a couple of times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had solar panels on my previous home and I've been very satisfied so I wanted solar panels on my new home. The representative from Baker Electric interfaced on my behalf and had my Dividend Solar account opened within a day or two, DocuSign and it was done. It was transparent and simple. I opened it up so I could have a little more time to pay it off and I already paid my system off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I though it was better to use the energies of the sun rather than all the other energies, so we signed up for solar. I sat and chatted with the reps of Dividend when they came to the house and they were all excellent. The owner of the company and the salesman were both very good. If we called, they always called back and worked well with us. The enrollment process with Dividend Solar wasn't difficult, but it was hard getting all the things in order with FP&L. They finished the installation at the beginning of March. And so far, so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to save on our electric bill for long-term. We went through Baker Electric and got Dividend Solar. The enrollment was quick and easy. The whole process took only a few weeks.

Question and Answers - Dividend Solar

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?

Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?

By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.

What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?

The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.

How does Dividend Solar measure success?

Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?

The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.

How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?

We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.

Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Profile