4.54/5

Looking for a solar energy company?

Dividend Solar

At Dividend Solar, we believe that solar energy is the future of our country, which is why we are committed to offering a better way for our homeowners to go solar. With our $0-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day 1.

We continually strive to provide each of our customers and partners with the highest quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, we can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes -- all from the comfort of your home.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

View More View More

620 Dividend Solar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 11, 2019

Easy to work with, hardly any problems. My only complaint is that it's tedious to make a non-scheduled extra payment, especially if you do it regularly, for you have to add your checking account information each time. Is it a deal breaker? No. Just the only thing I would like to see improved in the future.

Original review: March 9, 2019

From start to finish the process was outstanding. The salesperson explained the product and the procedure for getting financed. After inputting my information it didn't take more than 10 seconds to get approved. This was the best experience I have ever had getting something financed.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The application process was very easy. I have been interested in getting solar since I was in high school. They made my experience so nice. Now I will have solar on my home, supporting my house for many years to come, all thanks to Dividend.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Salesman was quite knowledgeable about his product. Spent as much time with us as needed to answer our questions and if he didn't know the answer to a particular question, he found it out and got back to us in a timely manner. I know solar panels are a good investment in for our future after getting a solar hot water system installed 6 years ago that cut our electric bill in half.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

From the 1st appt to the install everything was very smooth. Everyone from the salesman to the installers were great to work with. The loan paperwork was simple and the interest rates were very good. Everyone involved with this is very polite and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 7, 2019

I have solar panels-financed thru Dividend Solar. I pay $60 per month, auto pay. Never late, never missed a payment. When I signed up for this "12 year payment plan" I was told if I sold my home it wouldn't be an issue to pay the loan off with the proceeds from my home (I had no intention on staying in this house for 12 years) and I would have plenty of equity on my home anyway; especially with solar. I listed my home, panels came with it, of course, it was a great selling point! I was about 10 months into my loan at this point. I owed about $18000 (because what they don't tell you is, the first 2 years of payments is ONLY interest- not the principal).

The new homeowners expressed concern that there may be a lien attached to my home since the panels were financed. I assured them it would be fine and no lien would be placed. Anyway, I planned on paying it off with the proceeds from the sale! On April 11, I decided to call Dividend ANYWAY just to double check and make sure I didn't need to pay the panels off FIRST. They told me no lien would be filed, I would just have to continue making payments etc. We even discussed panels on my NEW home. I had every intention on getting them again after this loan was done with. Closing day comes, May 6th. Documents have been signed, new homeowners have wired the cash over (they paid for home in full!) 1:00 pm waiting for keys, moving truck in driveway.

I'm 6 months pregnant with no furniture etc in my home as it is all packed and ready to move. Movers/friends/moving truck/internet everything is ready to go and be moved and BAM! LIEN HAS BEEN PUT ON MY HOME ON APRIL 13TH. I CAN NO LONGER CLOSE UNTIL LOAN IS PAID IN FULL. They put a lien on my home after I asked about it! No one ever sent me anything nor was I informed about this happening or potentially happening! MY "CASE" manager refused to return calls, wait time on hold was 20+ minutes, then it asks for a voicemail, which I left several in a panic, along with my lender, title company and realtor. NO ONE called me back. I had to keep calling and calling.

FINALLY someone took a payment over the phone (I had to borrow $17000 from family!) at 5 pm, which now is TOO LATE TO FUND MY HOME and they can't promise the payment would go thru right away, even thought it was ACH with routing/account #. Had this been dealt with April 12, or even at 1:00 pm when I FIRST CALLED I could be in my new home now. I am a responsible person, I pay my bills, never been late and had EVERY intention on paying my loan AND having a new loan established for my new home. NEVER AGAIN... Please Please save the heartache and NEVER finance with this company. You're trapped in your house for the duration of the loan (12 years my case) you cannot sell home and use proceeds to pay loan off. Nothing has been resolved. still waiting for payment to clear. Thanks a lot Dividend. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Dividend Solar response

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate your feedback. We are glad we’ve been able to work together to resolve this issue. The home sales process can certainly be complicated; and in this case, it seems tighter escrow/closing communications would have helped. We are reviewing our processes for opportunities to improve the experience. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Everyone was great to work with. There were no surprises. I would recommend this service to anyone. I just sat back and let Dividend handle everything. Very easy process. Very good communication. All the people at Dividend are very friendly and professional.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

CONSUMER FRAUD is commonly defined as deceptive business practices that cause consumers to suffer financial or other losses. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND ALL Sales Partners!! My experience is provided so you may decide whether Consumer Fraud has been committed and be WARNED in your dealings with this company - I can't afford an attorney to pursue this in a court of law since my savings have been depleted.

In June of 2018 my wife and I were given a proposal by sales representatives from Raygime Power LLC, partners of Dividend Solar Finance, and signed financing documents payable to Dividend Solar Finance for a Solar Energy System, over a 20-year period, to include solar panels installed on the roof of our home. The Financial Overview for this proposal focused on a 30% tax credit which would be provided to us by the government in the form of rebates and refunds - a total of $14,922.00, in our case. This money was then to be given to Dividend Solar Finance to lower system costs. They stated that their office would even help us prepare the necessary forms for submission. Having only a layman's understanding of solar energy, I had no reason to doubt these friendly, helpful "experts" in solar power systems - I have since educated myself on this, but too late to avoid a bitter loss.

At tax filing time we discovered that there are NO refunds or rebates, just a 30% tax credit that can only be applied against taxes that you owe; if you owe no taxes, then there is NO CREDIT. This credit can be carried over into next year, but I have had no tax liabilities over past years and no reason to believe I will have any in future years - I am a retiree on a fixed budget with no tax liabilities, thus the rebates and refunds promised by the proposal are nonexistent. In any event, this carry-over expires in 2022, unless extended by the Federal government. This fact is well known to them, as there are similar complaints listed on this and other customer complaint websites and answered "off-line" so as to avoid public scrutiny; as well as, small print *disclaimers* hidden within the proposal and financial documents attempting to cover matters left unspoken and hoping not to be noticed before the financial contract is signed.

The proposal and financial contract do contain "small print" disclaimers, in effect stating, "...you may or may not qualify for this tax credit; your qualification is dependent on your individual tax liability. We do not provide tax advice and you should consult your tax professional to understand if you will qualify for any or all of the credit." a fact which, of course, was NOT emphasized at all during the proposal and contract signing, rather brushed aside as "required legal jargon, not to be concerned with". You do not need to be be a tax professional to advise a potential customer with a fixed income or who for other reasons have little or no annual tax liabilities, that they will not be eligible to benefit from the Incentive Tax Credit. Potential consumers BEWARE and proceed at your own risk.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Max, we are are so sorry to hear about your experience with Dividend Finance and your installer. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and the opportunity to better serve you. We have sent you a private message to follow up and discuss your concern offline. Thank you.

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Dividend Solar is a state of the art RIP off... Buyer please beware. I thought solar was going to save me money but am spending even more than what I wanted. The $6000 rebate that we were going to get isn't going to happen and the tax rebate from IRS is a no go... All in all that's $17000 that could have went to the system. If there is any legal recourse we can take please help.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Corey, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will follow up with you shortly offline to discuss your concern. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Back in July I was sold a solar system by a company that no longer answers phone calls and the President has erased himself from Facebook to avoid pressure. His name is Christopher ** at Sunlight Energy Solutions in West Palm Beach Florida. They set me up with Dividend Finance and assured me that I had a warranty with Dividend finance and that even if Sunlight Energy Solutions were to go out of business I would still be covered. Also Dividend would be monitoring my system if it went down or a panel needed to be replaced.

The installer contracted out by Dividend to install my system acknowledged a problem with the system and has yet to fix it or return calls promptly without pestering them. I called Dividend on this and they said they just service the loan now that I have a problem and I have no warranty after acknowledging I did with the last call. They are not truthful along with the rest of the solar business and I am now looking into suing for a 28000 dollar debt that produces nothing. Thanks Dividend, for nothing!

Dividend Solar response

Hi Jason, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We will be reaching out to you offline to discuss your concern momentarily. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

This happened to my father in Florida, he never signed loan papers, he apparently has a email address, yet he doesn’t have a computer or smartphone, company took money out of his bank without his approval, we are still trying to figure out how? What did happen that they said would happen is that he would get a bill from power company, true - he didn’t for a few mo. This because somehow he was switched to paperless billing, my dad still uses a checkbook, again he doesn’t have a email. Someone want to explain what the hell is going on?

Dividend Solar response

Hi Pat, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are so sorry to hear about yours and your father's experience with Dividend Finance. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and resolve this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Do not use Dividend Solar. I was instructed by their process and paperwork to sign off on the install paperwork once my panels and inverter was installed. I signed per Dividend's instructions and the contractor was paid, and then disappeared. My system was not passing inspection, not active and all the peripheral components were not installed. After many months of poor communication I finally was able to get passed inspection and then could get no one out to turn on the system and finish the terms of the contract.

I finally became a DIY solar tech and figured out how to activate my system thanks to manufactured manuals and YouTube. I still do not have all the peripherals promised such as Nest Thermostat, Water Heater Timer, Water Heater Wrap, LED bulbs and WIFI set up for monitoring the solar system. Also, Dividend will not refund the interest on my loan from April to November. I requested this refund because my system was not active due to Dividend's process so I was paying a loan, and my full electric bill. Buyer beware and do not buy solar with Dividend.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Ryan, thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about your experience with Dividend Finance. Our mission is provide our customers with the best possible customer service and in your case, we have clearly not met our goal. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and resolve your concern offline. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This is the best time to get solar panels for your house and Dividend Solar is where I recommend you start with. They are professional, communicate well, quick work and streamline application process.

Original review: May 21, 2018

It is time for someone to say it as it is. Dividend Solar very had conveniently set their own operation to make a whole lot of money but never ever care for its paying customer. Great organization of operations to make a huge profit but very poor organization to take care of Dividend Solar Customers. So Dividend Solar is providing homeowners with loans to finance their solar systems, their idea to reach customers quickly is to load a huge database of installers from all over the country and sales partners and here we go, money is pouring in. But there is a problem! They have no control over their installation partners, their work quality, time of project completion. This was created out of greed for quick money (huge profits). So, when a customer signs up with Dividend Solar Installation Partner or Sales Organization Partner, Dividend Solar interest in customer's project is gone!

Tons of homeowners are waiting for their solar system to be installed as long as 9 months, they are ripped off of their rebates, their quality of installation sucks, and no one in Dividend Solar care. They will take the call, relate the problem to the installer and that is it. The customer is still stuck with their problem. If you are a homeowner that was waiting longer than 3 months, please contact me by searching for similar articles online. I cannot leave my contact info here on CA. Now, they will say, that they have protocols in place to protect the customer, but this is just a big scam. No one cares either way. I will write much detail articles online since this is a complaint form, I'll keep this one short. All in all, if you are considering going solar, please make sure to avoid Dividend Solar as you will get nothing but a headache, runarounds and months to get your solar system completed.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The website speaks to warranty and monitoring as part of the Dividend program for homeowners. My array has numerous installation issues per an independent audit that my state requires post installation and none are being addressed. My system has been down for a total of 50 days across 3 separate "events" in the past 6 months with NO notice and NO remedy. Dividend is simply about loaning money. There is no support.

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustration. We have sent you a private message to discuss your concern offline. Thank you!

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: March 10, 2018

We bought solar in 2015 and power was turned on in 2016. All of a sudden our power bill has gone up and no one will answer to come look at our panels to see if one has gone out. We were told when we signed up for the solar that Utah was going to give us $6,633 back in our taxes that we could use to pay on our loan. Found out that is not true and all we get is a little tax credit that continues to roll over every year until we use it all! Ever since we signed papers with this ridiculous company we have found out everything they said is a lie!!! This company is not what they say they are and lie about what your final payment will be. Very unhappy.

Hi Jodi,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and understand your concern. We always welcome customer feedback and the opportunity to better serve you. Please reach contact us at (844) 805 - 7100 so we can discuss offline to ensure this issue is resolved.

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Our solar panels were installed in late 2015 and began producing in early 2016 by what appears to be a now defunct company called Solar Advantage working out of Louisiana. We funded our system partially through a HELOC and partially through Dividend Solar Financing. The only reason we took the outside financing was because the salesman, Keith, told us that even if his company, Solar Advantage, went out of business, the warranty in the financing would cover any problems with the solar panels. In December 2017, when reviewing our production, I noticed one panel was out and another looked to be on the verge of not functioning. We tried contacting Solar Advantage, but they appear to be out of business (or have just changed their names because the contact person, Angela, still appears to work in solar, but for a different company and never answers the phone or returns my calls).

After a few tries I called Dividend Solar. While I have spoken with a customer service person or two a number of times (who checked and confirmed that my issue was covered under warranty), and have left messages for and spoken with a person named Doug, who appears to be the right person, it is now well into February 2018 - two full months later - and I have yet to be contacted by anyone to confirm who and when my panels will be replaced. My understanding is that new customers have to pay extra for the warranty now - something we did not have to do. At this point I would advise against it. Their customer service and follow through are non-existent, so you would be paying for nothing. A manufacturer's warranty might be your only option. If you can finance another way - then my advice is to do so. It is a waste for your interest payments to go to this company.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We always welcome customer feedback and the opportunity to better serve you. We'll follow up with you offline to ensure this issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a solar panel system from Dividend Solar and had it installed in December of 2016. In January 2017 less than one month later I noticed that even though my system should have been operational it wasn't producing power. I first noticed this problem Monday January 22 when I logged into the monitoring portal and it showed no power being produced. I sent an email to the monitoring company requesting assistance but 3 days later and no response. So on Thursday January 25th I located a phone number to a customer service rep named Devon on Dividend's website. I called Devon got a voicemail and waited for a return call. No call back Thursday, or Friday. I waited a total of 4 days until Monday the 29th still no call back, unfortunately there are no other numbers available except for Dividend finance so I called. I was told the finance arm of Dividend was only there to serviced the loan and couldn't assist.

They did give me 3 additional phone numbers to call. I called and 2 went to voicemail the other was an automated operator, press 1 for sales etc. This number would end the call with a generic voicemail no matter what extension I pressed. Now it's Friday February 1st still no help from Dividend. No call back, no email. Not sure what to do next. Very frustrating when you invite a salesperson into your home and trust that what they tell you is going to happen actually happens. I understand problems arise and even the best quality products installed perfectly can malfunction. What I don't understand and what I find unacceptable is not taking care of problems when they do occur.

Hi Joe,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and understand your concern. We'll reach out to discuss offline, but please don't hesitate to contact us as well if you would like to discuss (844) 805 - 7100.

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Enrollment was easy and I’m pretty happy with Dividend Solar. I just got a Duke Energy bill for $48 for a month rather than $300. I’m happy with the installation and the equipment but I suggest they follow up to see how we’re doing, because I had to do a lot of digging to figure out where I'm at, paying things back and how to refer them to somebody else, which I just did. Also, I still haven’t been able to get on the app over my phone to figure out how I can check how much power is being produced. I keep getting, “You have to call somebody else.”

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I got an electric car and I wanted to be able to get some clean energy. Dividend Solar is the finance part of our solar company so they explained everything clearly and there were no surprises. The system was easy to set up, but I didn't get any updates from them until after everything was turned on. Then, they finally sent me information on where to log in and fill all the details. At first, their customer service was a little bit strange because there was just one number. It was hard for me to find out where to call at one point. But once I found out, I made the first payment. I wanted to see if it was paid or not, since I didn't get any updates. I called in and they saw the payment there. They said once my solar is in, they're going to update everything. It was all fine after that. Their interest rates were a bit higher but other than that, the experience has been okay.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My enrollment with Dividend Solar was easy and the whole process took a total of two weeks. Their customer service reps are very responsive and they always answer any of my concerns really quickly. But I want to get my bills down to where I think they need to be as they aren't what I was told they were going to be. But Dividend is working on that. I think there’s a problem with the nest thermostat they put in. But as far as the solar panels, they seem to be producing well. Other than that, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I'm very satisfied with my decision to go solar. I'm with 360 Solar, and they used Dividend Solar as financing. Enrolling with them was easy. They were ready to give me the financing. They did look at my background but it was very quick. Their interest rate was also good and they didn't drag it out on the finance. They're doing me good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was trying to cut back on my energy bill so I decided to get solar energy services. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was very easy. They explained everything as they went along and when they said they were going to be out here, they were. Once everything got rolling, everything fell in place and there were no setbacks. However, there were times when their customer service could've been better as far as communicating with me as to what needed to be done. Leaving messages and not having calls returned was the worst part of it. But for the most part, it was okay. I have my system for the third month now and I'm not seeing the financial blessings yet, but I know it takes time. The bill also looks good, but it could be a lot lower.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We made our first payment of $128 last month to Dividend Solar and I got the statement showing that the payment is going to stay in place for about another year then afterward it goes up to about $250 a month. There's also a lump sum payment you can make of $10,000-$11,000 and that's going to reduce the amount if that payment is made.

We started with Dividend in August and it was the worst time of the year as far as generating electricity use because that's when the air-conditioning season is at its top. We've been using Dividend Solar and right now, we have put out into the power grids 71% of what we've taken in. We haven't matched what we've used as far as taking back out, but over the years time, it should match pretty well because we get into these cooler months and the winter, we're going to be generating more electricity that we used. That's what I'm watching every day.

When the temperature gets cooler, there are two things that really help. One is that you're not needing air-conditioning nearly much which is by far the biggest usage you have of electricity. Another is the solar panels get a little more efficient because they work better at lower temperatures. Overall it's been pretty positive.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is getting my statement so we'll be able to claim our tax credits not only for this year but they're going to spill over the next year. We're going to get two years of really big tax credit that we may not have tax out of pocket for so we paid and we're paying overtime for that solar thing. The way it looks now, after ten years or so, things will get paid off and we're essentially generating our own electricity at no charge.

One thing that's good with Dividend's program versus others is Dividend is more of a comprehensive thing. They're going to take care of the installation, look at radian barrier if it's needed and get that Ecobee or Nest thermostat. We had an Ecobee. It's really nice because I can take it and I have an app that I can use to check and even reset temperature from wherever I am.

Overall, it hasn't gone perfectly but I've been satisfied. I would really like to see how the economics work. I only have two and a half months of data but I want to get more of a full year. But so far it looks like it is going to be a solid thing. I'm talking to a friend about using Dividend. We had the guy, Alex, who worked with us as our project manager and he was very good. He was over at our house a lot and we're good friends. I’m sure he's going to help our other friends get involved. It's a good thing for the company to have him because he cares a lot and really works with people. Also, there's Shane who spearheaded the installation of the panels and he was very good too.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We found out about Dividend Solar through Integrate Sun which is the company that we contracted with. I've always wanted a solar energy since I was a teenager. It's more affordable now and we've been in our house for five years and it seems a good time to do it. However, there were a lot of questions throughout the process and we ended up asking the guy who was contracted through Sweetwater Energy to answer our questions. I hope there was a better communication about the process and what step comes next because we signed up with the sales rep and we didn't hear anything for about three weeks. We called and we're like, "Hey, when are you guys coming?".

The next thing you know, they're there in the next few days. So, being our first experience, it would have been a little more helpful if we were provided more information initially. Even so, the enrollment was easy. Integrate Sun took care of that on our behalf and that was very helpful. They canceled with our previous provider and then we got signed up with anyone that did purchase a buy-back program. Also, the installation guys were fantastic. They were quick and they worked very hard. I do like all the communication that's being sent via email about my payment and information about my online account. My husband likes being able to track what the panels are producing at his home and he shows that out to everybody. Overall, Dividend has been helpful, informative and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Billing and notification are fine. However, it was expressed to me that I have four months before billing would kick in but it was like two months. I should have also been informed upfront that there's going to be some months that I might see a significant utility bill on top of what I'm paying towards the equipment. This past month I have exceeded by almost $100 between the two billings on what I'm paying so I have not been a happy camper. I hadn't budgeted for an increase of a full $90 on the utility side. I was grasping for straws trying to figure out why this thing is so convoluted. I replaced all my windows at home and even have adjusted my thermostat a little bit higher in my house, which I don't like. I shouldn't have to change my lifestyle to try to get an electric bill down. I also have a dear friend who did solar a couple of months before me and his bills haven't been anywhere near as bad as mine. I'm still holding out hopes that it all works out.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I've heard about solar energy services for a while. I've seen some on my neighbors that have it and I've always been curious about it. When I talked to the salesman from SA Solar Pros that stopped by at my front door, it kind of made sense to go ahead and do it. They said they connected to Dividend Solar to usher them on. Eventually, the local installers gave me a design of how they're going to put the panels and I didn't like that design at all. I don't even have panels on the east side of my house and when the sun rises, I don't catch anything on that side. Other than that, I had a pretty decent experience with Dividend Solar.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We are green. We have a fully electric car and a charging station in our house, and it seemed ridiculous to have this great roof in the Sunshine State and not go solar. It was very easy to enroll with Dividend Solar. We were connected to them through a group of residents that were getting together and everybody wanted solar so they all went in on the same package. I didn't like the package they went in on, but Dividend kept working with me and connecting me with solar companies until I found one that I was happy with. It was a well thought-out package and they gave me every detail monetarily and by kilowatt hour. They also saved me money on it and were courteous.

They took care of everything and any time I thought something was going to be a problem, they took care of it so quick I didn't have time to complain. And that never happens. They were beautiful every step of the way and I love them. We went through four different solar companies that offered packages that cost twice or three times as much and that didn't even cover the electricity. There's no way that I could compare these guys with the four other companies that we looked at full packages at. They're so above and beyond. Everybody should get Dividend Solar.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I looked into solar energy services for the green energy and to save on our electricity bills. Some of my friends posted or liked Dividend Solar on Facebook. I contacted Dividend Solar and enrolling with them was very easy. I had good dealings with the customer service reps and I never had any issues. Dividend Solar was reliable, fast, and competent. Everything is working the way it should and I'm satisfied with my decision to go solar.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Dividend Solar was easy to deal with. The enrolment was easy and their customer service team has been good. Everything works flawlessly.

Dividend Solar expert review by Zachary Shahan

This solar financing company’s mission is to give investors a way to invest in solar and to provide homeowners another source of financing. Through crowd-sourced investments, a homeowner can get a competitive loan to cover the cost of a rooftop solar system.

• Low-cost financing: Dividend Solar reportedly offers one of the most competitive loans on the home solar market.

• Low-risk investment: On the flip side, it offers an investment option that has relatively low risk (compared to stocks, for example) but typically a good rate of return.

• Huge emphasis on customer service: Almost no business can get by these days without good customers service, but as Dividend Solar notes, it is “quality-obsessed” and aims to deliver “the highest quality experience to each of our customers and partners.” It’s sort of like your “mom and pop” solar financing and solar investment option.

• Innovative: This term is a bit overused these days, but Dividend Solar deserves it. It has brought to market a solar financing and solar investment solution that is unavailable from any other entity on the market.

• Focused on quality: Dividend Solar doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular solar brand when it comes to the solar panels or the installation service, but it is passionate about delivering the highest-quality products to its customers. The idea is that doing so will result in the happiest customers.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
    Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Dividend Solar questions and answers

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?
    Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?
    By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.
    What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?
    The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.
    How does Dividend Solar measure success?
    Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?
    The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.
    How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?
    We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.
    Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Information