4.60/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Dividend Solar

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Dividend Solar, we believe that solar energy is the future of our country, which is why we are committed to offering a better way for our homeowners to go solar. With our $0-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day 1.

We continually strive to provide each of our customers and partners with the highest quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, we can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes -- all from the comfort of your home.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

Dividend Solar Video
Dividend Solar Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

542 Dividend Solar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My experience with Dividend Solar was very good. The solar panels are working and I love them. The first bill was awesome and everything is cool about them. I chose Dividend Solar because Go Solar gave me that option. They told me the quote and I found out that it was Dividend Solar when I signed the contract. They are a major company about solar installation. It took a week to set up everything because it needed a solar pre-approval and all the documents they asked for. I contact them via a call center and we got to take up a notice of my account. I’m highly satisfied with Dividend Solar.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've been looking into solar energy services for the last three years and I haven't found a company that could do what I wanted and has all their t's crossed and i's dotted. Plus, there's a lot of companies out there that are fly-by-night and haven't been in business long. So I decided to go with Dividend. Enrolling with them went very easily. It was done with a group out of American Solar out of the west side of Florida. They made it very simple and laid out, and all the information was given to me on a timely basis.

I was a little concerned with a hurricane coming through and how durable the system would be. But I was very surprised that I didn't have any damage. I also watched my results on production every day and they seem to be okay. But just to be on the safe side, I might have them check the system to make sure that everything's plugged in and working correctly. So far, I'm satisfied and very happy. Everything was put down on a timeline and carried out very well so my experience wasn't stressful.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Solar energy is renewable so it is better for the earth. I enrolled with Dividend Solar and it was pretty easy. Their customer service was great, too.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I'm not a huge green person but I'm a very much a business person and to have a fixed price on energy is awesome. Plus, there would be rebates from the government. So I felt that it would make sense to get solar energy because of the price rate on it. I've gone through three different solar companies just to get panels installed. I worked with Go Solar, Golden Solar and Dividend Solar is the third. Dividend was very easy to deal with and very informative. If I needed to call and ask them something, they were there. They took care of my solar needs and everything was laid out plain and simple. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I looked into solar energy to save some money, and when I enrolled with Dividend, the process was easy. I was able to get answers to my questions and their customer service was very good. Everything seems as it's supposed to be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Dividend Solar came through the company I had my solar system put on. So far, I'm satisfied and it's only been a couple of months. The experience has been easy and enrolling was pretty simple.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was thinking about getting solar for a long time and then I got so fed up with our electric bill going up and up. Dan came to the house and I liked his presentation. He explained it really good and went over everything with me. I completely understood everything but things changed and we didn't get exactly what we were told in the beginning. But if I had questions I could call their rep anytime I want.

I keep track and follow-up every day to see how much energy we're producing. I understand that the green line is showing how much we made that day and for the month but I need to call and have them explain what certain things mean so I understand, like the difference between KWH and MWH. I'm very confident that I'll understand it when they get by and tell me though. We've only been with Dividend Solar for two months now and I'd like to see what it does for the winter but I'm happy about going solar.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

A neighbor had solar panels and being in Colorado, we get so much sun every year and I thought that it was something that works well for our area. So, we decided to look into solar energy services, and went with Dividend Solar. I was originally with Brio Energy, one of the partners that they do business with. Everything was straightforward, met my expectations and I've had no problems with them. However, I had one dispute that never got resolved. We had an issue with the install and we kept playing phone tag and I finally decided that I might as well give up. I never got a call, voicemail or an email back. But other than that, everything else has been great. The communication is awesome. They have what they do down pat and I could tell they've been doing it for a while. They've been a bright spot of the entire process. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

People were calling us and telling us that we pay $150 dollars more with energy than if we would consider solar. When two guys came by our house, they explained everything well. They wanted to sell but their number one priority was they wanted to help and save customers money by going solar. Also, the payment fell within our budget. We decided to go ahead with Dividend and the guy that helped us during the enrollment process did everything online and he let us know what he was doing. Dividend sends me a monthly status on how my energy production is going, how my solar system is working and how the next payment would be. I find the fact that I can go online and check how everything’s working and going awesome and it's been a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Everything I did with Dividend Solar was topnotch. I could not say enough about those people and their crew and the guys who came out to our houses. However, the sales rep whom we dealt with was one of the worst experiences of my life. He was just horrible. He sold us our system and this was new to both my parents and I. We did it together on both of our houses. He promised us the world in the beginning. He told us, “No matter what you need throughout the entire process, I will be here for you. When it's time for you to get your SRECs up and running and your accounts up and running, I'm going to guide you in the right direction. I'm going to help you with everything. When it's time for you to get your funding, I'll tell you who to call. You don’t have to worry about anything.”

Once he promised us all that, we felt confident because he was referred from somebody we knew. We were going into this blindly. We didn’t know anything about solar. We were nervous a little bit too. And once he sold us the contract, that was it. He didn’t return our phone calls, he didn’t return our text messages, he didn’t help us through one ounce of the process. If I called him or texted him three to four times, then he would finally get back to me. And when he did get back to me, he was irritated that I had contacted him.

Once I was close to finishing the process, I was checking through all my paperwork to make sure all my docs were in a row and realized that I didn’t have the certain paperwork for my funding. The whole reason I went with Solar was because of the funding. So, I texted him and I called him and I said, “I don’t have the funding letter and I'm just kind of wondering is my funding okay? Am I going forward?” and he didn’t respond. And then, my mother texted him and asked about my funding and he responded to her, “Her funding is fine. Don’t worry about anything.”

Because I didn’t have any faith or trust in him, I took it upon myself the next day to call New Jersey Clean Energy. I did not have funding. I was not set up for any of it which was not my sales rep’s fault. There was a miscommunication with Bright Planet Solar, and Bright Planet Solar took care of everything. They did everything immediately. All I needed from the sales rep was just tell me who to call.

The woman at New Jersey Clean Energy had my parents listed but no record of me for the funding. And she had also informed me that in 48 hours, the physical year was ending and if I didn’t get my contract straightened out, my funding could change. So, she said, “You have every right to feel panic.” And I said, “Okay, I'm not overreacting.” She said, “Not at all. These are the people you're going to call at Bright Planet Solar and they're going to take care of everything for you,” and they did. They took care of everything for me. In the interim, I'd contacted my sales rep because I needed to tell him that I knew he lied to me that he never checked in on my funding and had he checked in on it, this wouldn’t have happened. My perspective of a sales rep is that I know that they are selling you the case. I know that that’s their commission and I know that they have to go to other people and make other sales because that’s how they put food on their table.

But my experience with every sales rep I've ever dealt with in my life was they’ve guided me through the entire process from finish to end. If I had a question, they answered it. This guy was awful. When I called him, left him a message and told him that I had no funding, he finally decided to return one of my phone calls, “What do you mean you have no funding?” And he was very nasty. I said, “I have no funding. You told my mother that you looked into this because you won't talk to me. I know this isn’t your fault, but you fix this because you have not done what you were supposed to do from the beginning.”

He was screaming at me on the phone telling me, “This isn’t my fault. You keep trying to blame for everything that’s gone wrong to this process.” I said, “You're so far off. We've questioned you about certain things. We've never placed blame with you. You're just not there. We're lost. We don’t know what we're doing. You're supposed to help us through that process.” I also told him, "You've insulted our intelligence and you're not going to go far in this business because you don’t know how to deal with people and you don’t know how to handle your account. If you were half the people Bright Planet Solar was, this would have been flawless." At that point when he started screaming at me, I screamed back. Then I told him, “I'm done with you. Don’t contact us anymore."

My parents were ready to call the Better Business Bureau. And there was no one we could get in touch with above him to complain about him because it was just him and his partner that started out their business and he made sure that he told us, “You can't call anybody about me. I'm the boss and you have no one that you can call to complain about me.” My parents and I would have been devastated through this process had it not been for Bright Planet Solar. They were amazing. When there was an issue with something that happened with Bright Planet Solar, they were on the phone with us, “This is the issue. We're fixing it. No problem.” They owned everything that was delayed or if there was something delaying the process or something that long, they were right on us and honest with us.

My system is working great. So far, I'm very satisfied, but we haven’t started to reap the benefits of it yet. I don't know what my savings are yet and we're still waiting for our first SREC payment. They said that usually takes about a month after we have an SREC. Initially, there were issues with our system registering. It wasn’t picking up the Wi-Fi and Bright Planet Solar had the electricians out to troubleshoot and got everything straightened out. It took a couple of weeks. So, initially, our first month’s kilowatt, they had to manually unturn to the system towards our SRECs because they had to change some stuff that are waste of our memory on our meters.

When I first signed up for the loan, the sales rep initially estimated 33 panels for my home and a system that was $11,000 more than it ended up being and I got approved for a lower amount. He took a hit on his commission to get my numbers where it needed to be for the loan, but when the loan was approved and the engineers came out and looked at my home, I only needed 22 panels and my loan amount went down $11,000. So, I was more than approved for my loan amount.

He threw it back in my face at least a dozen times telling me, “I did what I had to do for your loan. I did good things for you." I told him, “Don’t throw that back in my face anymore because in the end, I was approved for the amount I needed and nothing came out of your commission. I'm sick and tired of hearing it from you. I got my loan on my own. You didn’t do it for me. " But he kept throwing that back in my face. And my parents were supposed to get a $500 referral fee from him because they referred me and they never saw it. And they didn’t even want it from him, but he told my parents, “You don’t have to have the $500 referral fee because I gave her my commission.” He was that bad.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I called Dividend Solar and said I was interested in knowing more about the solar panels. They said that they would send somebody over. A rep came by, explained the whole thing and it made perfect sense. He was the first person who explained it that made perfect sense. He said, "Why would you want to buy electricity ever again when you could actually make your own with the resources you have on your own house?" I agreed as I have an electric bill at $350 a month. And so far, things are doing good with Dividend Solar and I'm happy with them. The panels are on the roof and my bill's not $300 this month which is good news.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My next-door neighbor was getting Dividend Solar installed and I trusted him in his involvement and investigation. I enrolled with Dividend online and when I had questions, I called the installers and asked for clarifications. We had a minor misunderstanding in the beginning and I called Dividend to try to get some things straightened out. The company who was supposed to have come and put the meter in, had not done it. When I told Dividend this, they came out. The meter was just sent and it's has been up and running for a week now. Also, the way that I had read the contract, and the way that they had billed me was an issue, but they were highly professional and we resolved that without any incident. My relationship with Dividend thus far has been very positive. But I'm a cautious person and I’m waiting to see if in fact, going with them was a good decision. But everything that I hear, it makes me feel that it’s going to be a good decision.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I'm 100% satisfied with Dividend Solar. However, since November, there's been one issue after another with the installers. Plus, I still don't have a net meter installed. They thought that they had done everything they needed to do, but they didn't have the updated information sent to the electric company. Dividend paid the installer and my payments have started, and I don't even have the system completed nor do I have the permission to operate the system yet. That's kind of frustrating.

Part of the delay was that I was looking to have a power wall installed with the solar system. They kept on dragging me along and it turns out that they just aren't really available. After wasting months, I tried to go through a different contractor and they agreed to sweeten the pot because they had already done some preliminary permitting. I stepped with them and they came in June. They had everything finished with the install, but now, we're in October and it's still not complete. Getting solar energy is the smart thing to do financially and environmentally. Dividend Solar was good and the approval process was pretty smooth, easy, streamlined, and quick. We appreciated that. However, they should reach out to the owner prior to issuing payments to a contractor just to confirm the status of things.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Community Solar offered Dividend as a loan so I had the solar put on a house. However, there's no communication when I was processing for the loan. They were telling me my account was past due when I didn't even know it was already activated. Someone told me over the phone that my account is overdue. I asked what the rep was talking about. I haven't got my solar turned on yet. I also got to talk to three different people and in the end, I sent them a full lump sum payoff. I didn't want to deal with them anymore.

So I wasn't very happy with customer service. I never knew who I was talking to on the phone. There are so many scams on the telephone today and I told them right up from the get-go. I told them that if they want to communicate with me, do it through email. That way, I know who I'm talking to. So finally I got so disgusted that I told them they're out.

I feel bad though because it was a great deal and they were going to give me a 0.5% off if I did direct banking, which I did. And then I thought, we were all set because I put all the correct information. But then, they told me they don't have it. That I didn't go through correctly. I asked them why they didn't notify me before a payment was due. It's funny because I always check who I'm going to do business with and Dividend Solar had a really good reputation. It could have been somebody that didn't know what they're doing. Still, I was extremely happy with the system. The people that put it up were very nice and it worked fine.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your feedback. We're so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. We really appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to better serve you. We'll be reaching out to you directly regarding your concern.

Team Dividend

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Our town did a solar initiative where they somehow negotiated a discounted rate with the installer, RGS Energy. When they walked us through the process, Dividend was their recommended lender, and I followed up directly. My interaction with Dividend was entirely online and there were quite a lot of moving parts to the process of getting the panels put on and turned on. It went smoothly enough, but I felt like the amount of documentation required was a little excessive. I was a little surprised that we had to furnish a couple of years of tax returns.

The amount we borrowed is less than what I took for a car loan and there was a lot more process involved compared to buying a car. Dividend also required automatic withdrawal from my checking account which is not something I have set up with any other entities I'm making payments to. I don't mind because it's not a huge amount but I would have preferred to set it up where I initiate the payments instead of them coming out automatically.

I have an online ID set up where I can look at the payments and the balance. The first payment went in last week, and I am looking forward with some interest in the beginning of 2018 when we will be getting a sizeable tax deduction. It will come back to us in the form of a refund which will then be applied to the balance so that we can continue going on with our reduced payment structure. I'm imagining that if I have questions, I'll be able to get in touch with somebody and get that set up. Generally everything seems to be competent and well run. It's been great and I feel good.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We started going solar and a Dividend Solar sales representative came to my door with a lot of information, which helped me out conventionally. The rep took three hours to explain to us the point of solar, how they work, the price and the contract. Also, their price beat a quote I got from somebody else. I enrolled with them and the process was very easy. It took a month for the whole system to be installed and up and running, but it’s doing great now and I’m not having high bills anymore. I've already recommended Dividend Solar to a couple of friends.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The people from a local company who did our solar installation set us up with Trinity Solar who then set us up with Dividend Solar. We trusted that the people we knew locally had done research for us and turn us on to a worthwhile company. I've only gotten one electric bill since the system has been up and running. I could go into a portal and see what my production is. When I went into our portal on the first week that it was turned on, it was showing negative production. Then, it started showing the positive, which seemed a little odd to me. But other than that, it is working fine. Their customer service team was fine. Dividend gave us the authorization to operate when we were walking out the door on a Friday night to go on vacation on a weekend. So, I talked to their customer service team and had them come out and turn my system on for me while we were gone.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

SolarFlair installed our panels and they told me about Dividend Solar. We’ve been tainting this Earth quite some time so we got solar energy for both the environment and also to reduce the energy cost. We applied with Dividend Solar quite some time ago and it’s the last week that I’ve received the guidebook. Our first payment is due next month so the account’s been there for a while but it hasn’t been active. Enrolling with them was an easy process and we’ve been operational for just over a month but we’re very happy. They're very good. They did all the legwork so we all just signed the papers.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Enrolling with Dividend Solar was efficient and streamlined. Uploading all the information online was very easy, too. I've only called Dividend's customer service three times and they always picked up the phone and were helpful and they answered my question.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I was poking around on the Dividend Solar website and it came up as a cost-saving measure. Plus, I'm an engineer and I've been aware of solar. It made sense to me when I looked into it and became more than interested. However, it’s kind of a Catch 22. Saving on my monthly bills doesn’t make any sense because I would have a loan on the same and the interest on the loan would take up a lot of that but in the long term, if I’m gonna be here, it would make sense to pay the loan off quicker. But then, I realized there would be more savings over the life of the loan because I don’t have to pay so much on interest. Other than that, it's also adding value to the house which seems to make sense for the fact that I paid for more than the value that I added into the house.

However, I had this back in June and a company was offering a $2,500 incentive. The day I closed was the day they ran out of money and stopped taking applications so I lost the $2,500. But then, they contacted me again and gave me half of it to the value of the loan so they made up for it. What was frustrating to me was the paperwork that I did not get back fast enough and submit right away. It made the value of the loan go down so that helped a little bit but I still lost $1,250 on the day I bought it. Also, I was quoted for a loan with 6.99 interest and I would like to try and see if I could get a cheaper loan someplace else.

I had another issue but it was minor. It was more on my part in not understanding when the first payment was coming out of my check and I was worried about getting docs for paying a late payment fee. They got me in contact with the actual loan company and I managed to contact them and find out that it wasn’t gonna be for another month even though the paperwork I had stated it was gonna be that month so it wasn’t a big deal. Other than that, they did what they were supposed to.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

A rep was recruiting people for solar in my area. He looked at my current bill and he told me what it would be in the future. I enrolled with Dividend Solar and did it online. The process was easy and the guy who was at my house did most of it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I'm not the green energy type of guy but we went solar for bump savings. The sales rep, Jason, came over and explained everything to us and the pluses behind it. He did the application with us which we completed. Then it was a week or two to wait for the permit process. Everything has gone well with Dividend Solar.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We didn't have any problems enrolling with Dividend Solar, and it was very easy. Our electric bills were astronomical and going solar was the best thing we ever did. We're very pleased so far.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I’ve had Dividend Solar for a couple of months. I heard about them through another solar company. The enrollment was very straightforward and it was very thorough in terms of the explanation of how it worked. That was the two biggest things that I looked at. Everything has been running smoothly and my electricity usage shouldn’t change because of the system. In as far as what I’m making from solar, the price is locked and the price of that I’m buying at haven’t changed because it’s not really a result of solar.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was always interested in solar energy services and then a door-to-door guy came from Brio Energy. That's what we use and we’re in for just under a month but so far going solar has been good. The sales person from Brio Energy then told us they finance through Dividend Solar. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy and I like that they offer a website, like an all in one type thing, where you can see system performance and all that. But the problem was that when I logged into my account I clicked on the system performance and it didn’t work. It took me to low-cost energy and they didn’t see my account on file. And so I called and told them about the problem. They said they will look into it and give me a call back in 20-minutes.

I never heard from them on a Wednesday and had to call back myself on Thursday, and they didn’t have much more information for me other than the fact that the ticket had been written. I didn't hear from them after that. I had to call again to finally get someone who was helpful, thought the situation out and took some initiative finally. I still don't have access online to my system performance but I think that I am on my way to that.

The guys from the install group are going to be helping me get access. They’re fantastic and have been really helpful. They also helped me through a little bit of hiccup we found with our electrical during the installation. The electrician was stellar, really stepped up and went the extra mile for us. Now my energy bill is lower which is good and I like going out to the back and checking the meters to see if that's working.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I wanted solar panels because I thought they were cool and I want to save money on my electric bill and have a sustainable energy source in my house as opposed to somewhere else. Dividend Solar is doing the financing for my panels and they were recommended to me by Trinity Solar. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy. They had particular requirements and once I met those requirements, everything went the way I expected it to. It only took a few days to complete the financing process. Getting it set up was not difficult as well. They kept in contact through email, mostly and everything went smoothly and painless. My August electric bill was $120 less than my July electric bill and we used the same amount of power for both months. So, it dropped quickly and it was only on for 20 out of the 30 days.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We just bought this house two years ago and we've been thinking about solar energy services. Our electricity bill was extremely high, so we had to find a way to bring it down. We found out about Dividend Solar through New Power. We’re still only in our second month of billing with Dividend Solar and we’re not getting any bills from the electric company yet, but we're seeing what we owe the electric company right now. So far, we’ve had nothing but pleasant experiences with the customer service reps and we’ve had no issues with them.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My husband met Dividend Solar at our house and dealt with them. We're looking at solar as a long-term thing. It’s not necessarily a replacement because our bills aren’t that high, but it's locked in. Our future expenses were what we were looking at it for. We believe that it’s a better thing to do as far as our natural resources. The salesman that we had was very nice and he seemed to know things. We sat there one day and talked to him and it took a few hours going through the whole thing. They were very easy to work with in that respect.

However, I'm not really happy with the website. It doesn't tell me anything. There's not enough follow-up with the people themselves to make sure we understand everything. It's a lot more difficult than I would like it to be. We did have somebody come over earlier. I have a friend who's got another company, and you can go on that website and can see what's happening every day. You can go to each of the daily things and it'll show you how much was each day. It just makes sense. But with Dividend Solar, I looked at its website and it appears that what we produced in the last month and a half having solar is 1.4 kilowatts and that's nothing near what needs to be done for it to do like the sales rep said. He believed that Dividend Solar would get rid of our Edison bill but I don't see that happening at all.

I'm concerned at this point that this was a really bad idea. I went online and it was saying that to produce the kind of kilowatt that my electric bill was saying would require 30 panels and we've got 15. Maybe I'm just reading it all wrong. I'm hoping that the site could be better. Also, I have too many questions and I can't get a hold of them during my off hours. I'm iffy right now so I gave it to my husband to deal with the issues.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Paula,

Thank you for your feedback. We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make it right and answer any questions you may have, so we'll be reaching out to you directly to make sure this is resolved.

Team Dividend

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I was tired of paying the electric company that was charging outrageous rates in Colorado and I’m very satisfied with my decision to go solar. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was simple. I did it all off my phone and I didn’t have to open a computer to do anything. So, it was an easy process. Steel City Solar was very good, too. They did everything that I wanted done. They were very receptive and treated me very good. The solar panels were installed and tied into the grid on the 24th of August. The experience was quick and to the point, and the emails helped out. Plus, they explained everything right there for me and so it was nice.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Dividend Solar came to my school and wanted to put solar there. They mentioned solar’s environmental benefits as well as saving the board of education some money. And so, I got in touch with them, had them install it for my house and I am very satisfied with my decision. The rep walked me through enrollment and it was very simple. And then the installers were really professional and did a good job on it. They cut all those pipes out in front of the house to run the water. Right now, the electric company hasn't hooked up my meter yet. So, I don't think I'm making any money on it yet. But as soon as it gets hooked up, I'm sure that the system is going to pay for itself.

Dividend Solar questions and answers

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?
    Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?
    By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.
    What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?
    The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.
    How does Dividend Solar measure success?
    Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?
    The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.
    How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?
    We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.
    Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Information