2. Solar Energy

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.51/5

Looking for the best solar energy company?

At Dividend Solar, we believe that solar energy is the future of our country, which is why we are committed to offering a better way for our homeowners to go solar. With our $0-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day 1.

We continually strive to provide each of our customers and partners with the highest quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, we can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes -- all from the comfort of your home.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

View More View More

Dividend Solar Reviews

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The Dividend Solar team were very accommodating through the purchasing process. The sales person was very knowledgeable about the product. She walked me through the purchasing process making sure that I was thoroughly informed. I would recommend this company to anyone who desires solar panels for their home.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I found that getting financing from Dividend was quick and easy. I’m a new customer to solar power, and while I’m still waiting for Idaho Power to do its part to start my solar power, my experience with Horizon PWR, namely, Preston and Mat, and the folks at Big Dog Installers, has been very good. I highly recommend these folks. They are connected to Dividend Solar, which was quick to provide the green light with financing.

Dividend Solar response

Hi M, Thank you for your review and for posting a photo of your solar as well! We are happy to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Easy to work with, hardly any problems. My only complaint is that it's tedious to make a non-scheduled extra payment, especially if you do it regularly, for you have to add your checking account information each time. Is it a deal breaker? No. Just the only thing I would like to see improved in the future.

Original review: March 9, 2019

From start to finish the process was outstanding. The salesperson explained the product and the procedure for getting financed. After inputting my information it didn't take more than 10 seconds to get approved. This was the best experience I have ever had getting something financed.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The application process was very easy. I have been interested in getting solar since I was in high school. They made my experience so nice. Now I will have solar on my home, supporting my house for many years to come, all thanks to Dividend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I was paying $89 a month for my electricity.. Now I have a 20 year loan and paying $245 for 20 years plus electricity $35 more.. I was lied to by the company that first sold me the panels and DIVIDEND are completely aware that this company are lying and locking you into this loans. The company that sold me my panels are out of business and I'm stuck with a loan for 19 more years.. They have thousands and thousands of complaints with this same situation. I have a lawsuit I just opened up so I can stop this from happening to other young couples with family.. This is a nightmare and DIVIDEND KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT..

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Using DocuSign as the main signing method and email as the transport, Dividend Solar makes the entire financing process simple, efficient and easy to understand. They replied to my questions quickly and walked me through the process.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

They been really helpful with the process. And they send all documents in time and always keep in touch with me. They are very professional, fast and efficient. I think I couldn't choose a better company to have my financing with.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I appreciated the ease and speed of getting financing approved for my solar system. The whole process was pretty painless and I would recommend Dividend to others to finance their solar systems. I have a small payment each month and look forward to the savings.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

They made the financing experience easy, and the installers were friendly and professional. I would recommend them for getting a solar system installed on the roof of your home. They make the experience pleasant.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Patrick, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for posting some photos as well. We are delighted to hear about your seamless financing experience with us!

Not sure about Dividend Solar?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right solar energy company for you.

Dividend Solar expert review by Zachary Shahan

This solar financing company’s mission is to give investors a way to invest in solar and to provide homeowners another source of financing. Through crowd-sourced investments, a homeowner can get a competitive loan to cover the cost of a rooftop solar system.

• Low-cost financing: Dividend Solar reportedly offers one of the most competitive loans on the home solar market.

• Low-risk investment: On the flip side, it offers an investment option that has relatively low risk (compared to stocks, for example) but typically a good rate of return.

• Huge emphasis on customer service: Almost no business can get by these days without good customers service, but as Dividend Solar notes, it is “quality-obsessed” and aims to deliver “the highest quality experience to each of our customers and partners.” It’s sort of like your “mom and pop” solar financing and solar investment option.

• Innovative: This term is a bit overused these days, but Dividend Solar deserves it. It has brought to market a solar financing and solar investment solution that is unavailable from any other entity on the market.

• Focused on quality: Dividend Solar doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular solar brand when it comes to the solar panels or the installation service, but it is passionate about delivering the highest-quality products to its customers. The idea is that doing so will result in the happiest customers.

by Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Dividend Solar questions and answers

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?
            Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?
            By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.
            What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?
            The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.
            How does Dividend Solar measure success?
            Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.
            What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?
            The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.
            How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
            The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.
            What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?
            We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.
            Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
            Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Information