toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy and satisfied about going solar. The rebates definitely help, and it’s a greener, better solution in the long run. The enrolment process was fairly easy. I had a great sales rep, and the installation team did a good job. Everything from the online documentation, paperwork and signing, and the rest, was very easy. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending Dividend Solar to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar. There were many negative reviews as well as positive ones of going solar but we decided to pick Dividend Solar because of the reviews that they had. The overall time it took the process and the end product, everything’s been a positive response. We’re relieved that we made a good choice. Dividend Solar's customer service answered all our questions. We got in touch with them and they sent out the contractor for our area. We are very pleased with the contractor they chose. Enrollment was an easy process, too. They took our information, ran the numbers, and got the system we wanted to work. We got the loan for it to be completed. Everything worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Dividend Solar through the Solar Company. I looked into solar energy services because of the cost of electricity in Southern California. I am very satisfied with my decision to go Solar. Also, the people at Dividend Solar were fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a large hillside that is not being used and I figured that it would be perfect to install solar services there. Baker referred me to Dividend Solar and the enrollment process was pretty easy. I keep track of the graph of what we’re producing and what we’re using. However, I haven’t heard much from Dividend yet and I don’t know when the payment gets started. Otherwise, it's been good so far and I'm satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Solar energy being an alternative to fossil fuels, it seemed like going solar was a logical thing to do, and we are satisfied with our decision. It’s like a new toy where we check the meter almost every day. Every time we go outside we check to see what the kilowatt hours is up to. We enrolled online, and it went very smoothly. The only thing that happened, which was mainly me, was when Dividend Solar wanted to confirm that the link to our credit union was correct. I wasn’t initially aware of the fact that I had to report to them how much they had taken out of the checking account because we were trying to figure out when we could pay or send in the federal rebate. But once I realized I had to confirm that, the withdrawal went through and everything else seemed to fall into place. So now we’re waiting and we’ve put our rebate into the portal. I also wanted to know if there's any way to pay it before the date.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son works for Baker and he had a deal for the inverter at cost because it was gonna become outdated and all we had to do is buy the panels, so it got really well for me and I decided to go solar. My experience with Dividend Solar was really good and easy. I like their dashboard as far as with payments, going in and checking usage. However, there were some challenges on my end for qualifying and some of the documents I needed to get in, but they were really helpful and patient. So it worked out really well and I was happy with it. It has been an easy and enjoyable experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A realtor got the solar panels on his house and he recommended me the solar company. Then, the solar company said they'd used Dividend. Enrolling was a piece of cake and talking to their customer service was fine. It's been good, so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our electric bill was too high and Baker Electric referred us over to Dividend Solar. Enrolling was pretty easy and the customer service was good. We've been hooked to the system for two weeks and it's been good so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I consulted my boss as well as the other owner and discussed my options. They highly recommended going with Dividend, so that was the decision that I went with because I trust both of them and their decision making. Going solar is something I’ve been waiting to do and it worked out perfect for me because I work for a solar company. I was able to get a discounted rate on my system and I was able to be a part of the design as well as the installation. The enrollment was very simple and everything went off easily, which was great. I'm 100% satisfied and I’ve already recommended them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A company that I used in San Diego ended up using Dividend Solar, therefore, I had to use them. Everything went well. However, when they first installed the system I was confused because it looked like they were putting another entire meter in my garage. The install guy explained to me that since I'm not buying the house, the lease companies require this kind of a monitoring system. But I told him that I did buy the house and I'm not leasing it. He then asked if I was using Dividend for financing. I said yes and he said that they demand it as well.

But I found out that for the first week and a half, the system wasn't operational because it was conflicting with everything else that was going on. They had to come out, tear out all that work and replace it all because it was obviously wrong. According to my sun power monitoring system, I collected a lot of energy that went nowhere for a week and a half. But it was an honest mistake and they took care of it as soon as they figured out what was wrong. I'm happy they fixed it quickly. We're up and running and we had our best day yesterday.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dividend Solar was set up by Trinity-Solar who came and marketed the system for us. It just finally got turned on because it took a long process and we haven’t even seen our first bill yet although it’s in the middle of winter, so it’s not gonna be the greatest. I know people and have friends that have done it and they seem to all been happy so that helps. Everything seems to be going well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Trinity installed our system from Dividend Solar. Enrolling online was easy. I haven’t had my first bill yet, but I assume it’ll go fine. So far, I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an extremely high electric bill so we decided to go solar, and we've been satisfied so far. I had to go to Dividend Solar's website and answer some questions during enrollment, and it was easy. Overall the experience was quick and painless.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

RevoluSun recommended Dividend Solar and a rep came to sell the system to me. Enrolling wasn't too hard but getting the system approved, executed and getting it all done took over a year. There were some issues from the installer requirements and with the electric company missing requirements. But they've been pretty prompt and going solar is good, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the independence of having a solar energy so I decided to get one and went with Dividend Solar. Their enrollment process was simple and I did everything online. They got it activated a couple of days ago and I got a notice that I’ll be hearing from someone regarding payments and where to get the SRECs. Overall, Dividend Solar is easy to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I already had solar on a prior property and it was a pretty good arrangement. I purchased my solar from Baker Electric and I found out about Dividend Solar through them. It was pretty easy enrolling with Dividend Solar online and I filed all the upfront information. Then they reached out to me shortly after through email to sign up on the system. They came in at a really good rate and it's been pretty streamlined so far. I've been popping onto the website and it looks like they're tracking me. We're in the middle of winter now so we're just in our infancy in terms of having the system up and running.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm not too satisfied with my decision to go solar. I was trying to get energy out of the sun to save money, which was my initial hope. When Dividend Solar was recommended by my solar company, I decided to sign up with. It’s been four months now, but it’s not generating what I thought it would. Also, the few times I contacted their customer service, there seemed to be some confusion and different people reached out to me. At one point, I was told not to talk to one person, but then I talked to that person. It was kind of haphazard. I stuck with them because my solar was financed with them, but I wasn’t impressed with the operation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live in California and the electric costs are very high and we considered looking into solar energy services for a while. In fact, when we first ran the numbers, we weren’t so sure we were going to go with it. We ended up going with panels as well as the great financing that we got for Dividend which pushed us to take the plunge and do it. The only interaction I had with Dividend customer service was when I sent a message through the website asking when my first payment is, and someone got back to me right away. I had forgotten that it was going to be automatically debited. Someone called me back and had all that information for me.

We were extremely satisfied. Baker Electric installed the panels and linked us up with Dividend, and they were super informative and on schedule, and it was an amazing customer service experience. That made the interaction with Dividend seamless and minimal because it was all taken care of. Overall, it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our solar energy service has only been installed for a couple of weeks, but right now I'm pretty satisfied. I did everything online and then Dividend Solar consistently sent me updates as we were going through the process with the company. Everything was done via email. It was a very easy and painless experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine told me about Dividend Solar, so I made the decision to get it too. Signing up was really easy and their staff was great. Every time we called them back, someone's there to help you. I'm pretty sure I will recommend them to a friend if someone asked me for it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My neighbor had Dividend and I started asking him questions about it. My electricity bill was outrageous and he was telling me the difference in his bill. So, I thought it would make sense to do that. Then, Dividend came up on my Facebook page and I requested more information. Signing up was extremely easy and everyone was helpful and very nice. Anytime I've emailed or done anything, they've been very responsive. They did a really good job and the online service where I can go and look at my bill is very easy to read. It's the easiest company I've had to work with and the bill that I have had is significantly lower. So far, everything is fantastic and I have no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dividend Solar was a lender that’s part of Alba Energy’s proposal for solar. Tax incentives are really nice right now, and everything made sense financially. The account creation is pretty self-explanatory and easy to use. I did the enrollment online through the client portal and their interface was good. The first bill that we received has been on par with what Dividend Solar projected. We’re satisfied, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to reduce my monthly electricity bills and at the same time, have a consistent payment where I don’t have to worry if I’m going to have enough to pay next month or if I used too much electricity. Everything's okay but I just have one question about my bill. This is my second month into Dividend Solar and I was told how much my bill was going to be monthly. But it’s more than what I expected so I’m a little confused.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a customer of a different company. My stuff was already installed for a month when they announced that they were going bankrupt. So what happened is that Dividend Solar took over the account and came knocking on my door. The lady that was helping me get it all finalized was very friendly and kind. The two sales gentlemen that were here were really great. I had four questions and I called them, they always answered my questions right away. My first bill came in last month and the payments are great. It's actually a better deal than what I had originally with the other company. The payments are lower. So I'm happy with it and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've only been with Dividend for almost fifteen days and I don't see any problems so far. My experience enrolling with them went very smoothly. I called them once to find out what my solar output should be and somebody got back to me almost right away. They were very responsive and got back to me in a couple of days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The location of our house and how much sun we get made us look into getting solar energy services. Our solar company Trinity Solar pretty much exclusively uses Dividend Solar and the enrolling experience with Dividend was fine and simple enough. Then I had a little bit of trouble with getting something set up online and their CS was very kind and helpful. We've only got one statement so far and I'm satisfied with how the financing is going.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Solar energy was an option that I was looking into for a while and a friend of mine was a salesman for Dividend Solar. However, it was pretty difficult enrolling with Dividend. Unfortunately, my salesman did not have the knowledge that I was looking for. But I ended up still getting it from them, because it’d be this guy or another guy, and I was gonna buy solar anyway.

I originally started with one location, and they installed the panels. Then we went for the other location, and that got turned on before the first location. Since I have two locations, they always kept confusing the locations. They were calling me about one, and it happened that whatever they were talking about was being done on the other one. I had a little trouble understanding what location they were referring to cause both of the locations were installed more of about the same time. But one location was barely turned on after six months. I wasn’t depending on it and it didn’t make a difference if it lasted a year for the service to be on. But I was looking forward to get the savings from the beginning, so I'm a little disappointed. But I'm definitely happy about my decision to go solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On Facebook, there were cases of people saying they were paying less for the panels than they were on their energy bill. So I decided to look at the math and it worked out. Missouri Sun Solar made everything really easy for us, including getting hooked up with Dividend Solar. And I've been very impressed with the Dividend Solar website because it has been so easy to enroll. Moreover, their reps have always been quick to help. I've only received two bills from Empire District Electric Company so far and they've both been credits. And so we're definitely drawing more power than we needed at this time of the year and our bill for the panels is $46 a month cheaper than our bill for Empire was before. So I'm thrilled but we'll see in the winter if I'm still thrilled. So far, it's been awesome and fantastic. It went better than expected and I don't see why anyone wouldn't go solar with the way it's worked out for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking into solar energy services and about it beforehand, so when we finally decided to go solar, we're extremely satisfied. So far, Dividend Solar has been fine. Enrolling was pretty easy. We had an issue with getting the installation. We had a tree that needed cut down and they told us that we had to have it cut down by November. We got that cut down in October. Then, they were supposed to call to let us know when they will be able to install it because of their schedule. However, I had to call every single month and they kept telling me that it wasn't ready. They weren't ready to install yet for whatever reason and it wasn't until, I think, March that I got it installed.

Then, it was January when I finally talked to someone and they said, "Oh, we're waiting on you to remove your tree," and very hateful about it. I told them that it had been removed in October and then they forwarded me on to somebody else. And then he demanded that I get it scheduled on a certain day because that was their only available time. That was while I was at work. So, Missouri Sun Solar came to my work and got my garage door opener. I had an issue with them opening my house and letting my alarm go off. They wouldn't give me a reason as to why they went into my house. They gave me three different excuses and then I never heard anything back from Missouri Sun Solar about that although I put in a complaint about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had just moved into the neighborhood and my electric bill was extremely high so I started to look into solar panels. I came from The Valley and it was so much cheaper than CPS here in San Antonio. I then noticed a lot of neighbors were getting the solar panels. The gentleman, David, happened to be one of the representatives that knocked on my door. I listened to him and to several others, but I liked what he had to offer and went with Dividend Solar. The process took a little longer than what I anticipated but I was really okay with it. It allowed time for my income tax refund to come back and get the extra 30% federal incentive rebate. They put the panels on December 31st and were turned on in the middle of April. It was still cool and I wasn’t really using a lot of electricity during those months.

Then the representatives did an inspection on the roof yesterday. I’m a little upset right now because they left my gate open and my dog got out and she’s lost. I’ve put her on the neighborhood watch. I reached out to the person that told me about the appointment and he was very apologetic and offered $100 reward. But the dog was $500. She was in the family for six years and she’s a white Miniature Schnauzer. They also kept having trouble passing all the inspections like the HOA and the city inspection. There were things that Dividend had to go back and redo. Other than that, it’s been okay and I’m extremely satisfied. We had a couple of hail storms and it seemed like the solar panels are holding up fairly well. I reported the hail damage to my insurance and they’re having someone come and inspect it next week. So I might be contacting them to see about removing and putting the panels back up, if our new roof is installed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since I wanted to save some money, I looked into solar energy services. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was pretty easy. I would’ve liked some stuff explained a little better. Other than that, everything’s been pretty good. They got the job done, and I had a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was initially very satisfied with Dividend Solar. The first person who came to my door and persuaded me to go with it was very professional and knowledgeable. But since he left the company and someone else took over, I felt that things are not working out the way I thought they were going to and I have not been pleased. Initially, there were figures given upfront, but those figures don't seem to be tying in. I'm very satisfied with the product, but not with the financial end. I don't know what's going on. I can't talk to anyone. I'd like to talk to someone that can give me actual figures. I'm getting charged and it's taken out of my checking account. Now it's two different figures but it's nothing close to what they said they were gonna do on the initial paperwork. I'm not very satisfied with that.

Question and Answers - Dividend Solar

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?

Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?

By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.

What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?

The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.

How does Dividend Solar measure success?

Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?

The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.

How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?

We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.

Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Profile