toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy and satisfied about going solar. The rebates definitely help, and it’s a greener, better solution in the long run. The enrolment process was fairly easy. I had a great sales rep, and the installation team did a good job. Everything from the online documentation, paperwork and signing, and the rest, was very easy. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending Dividend Solar to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar. There were many negative reviews as well as positive ones of going solar but we decided to pick Dividend Solar because of the reviews that they had. The overall time it took the process and the end product, everything’s been a positive response. We’re relieved that we made a good choice. Dividend Solar's customer service answered all our questions. We got in touch with them and they sent out the contractor for our area. We are very pleased with the contractor they chose. Enrollment was an easy process, too. They took our information, ran the numbers, and got the system we wanted to work. We got the loan for it to be completed. Everything worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband heard about Dividend Solar and he talked to me about it. It was very easy to enroll with them. My husband called and two gentlemen came out here in our house. They came about four times before we started. They were very helpful, explained things and answered my questions. The solar was put up in no time. We got off to a rough start though. Maybe it was me being a little confused. National Grid was going to buy the electricity off me. We had to keep calling and calling and it took National Grid for a while to put in a new box that they would read how much electricity we use. They were supposed to put some of the money in our bank so I could pay for the solar. But so far, so good. I'm very satisfied to go solar. I'm in Rhode Island and we're in for a tough winter. But I think it's gonna be good. I know I love it. I've already recommended Dividend Solar to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been interested in solar. Because of how the house was laid out, certain things, it was a possibility. When Dividend Solar consultants came to the door and to talk to us, what we thought is that it's more of a possibility. I'm not finished yet with the process but it has been fairly easy. I got an email last week about joining the program and by joining it you don't have money credit for the rest that we accumulate. We're also nowhere near a 1,000 kilowatts, and there's credit at the same time too. We haven't paid out much for the solar panel and so far it's been a win-win. Everything's been smooth. We had a low electric bill last month. I didn't think it would work out financially for us years ago, but so far I'm happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just bought a house and although we're not moving anytime soon, I thought solar energy would be a good idea. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy. Our sales rep did a good job and I could always contact him if I had any questions. Also, their CSRs have the answers that I was looking for right away. Overall, they're customer-friendly and knowledgeable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been with Dividend Solar for a couple of months now and we're very satisfied so far. We didn't have to deal with them directly because with them, everything is online. They sent us a portal to set up online and they handled everything from there. However, the thing that stuck out was that my friends, who had over 800 credits, still didn't get the interest rate they advertised, which is 2.99%. It left us wondering about the reason it is being advertised, and what is needed to get it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

David, the sales rep of Dividend Solar, was very knowledgeable. He sat me down and went through everything such as how my house value increases 20% and this caught my interest, and I said, "Why not?" So I tried solar. It was easy to get set up with them. I'm on their website all the time looking at stuff and it's easy to navigate. However, we had problems with the electric company and they gave as a hard time. We had to cut bushes out. But David has helped me out and cut the bushes out to get everything installed and ready. Finally, got it turned on about a month ago. The customer service has been super, as well. If I have any questions, they'll come to the house and explain things to me. And I like that. Also, if you call, you get a human being, not some machine. So that's very helpful. They've been super and I'm very happy right now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Earth sustainment has attracted us to go solar and I'm very satisfied with our decision. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy. I signed once we agreed to do it and they took care of everything else and worked with us. Their customer service reps were able to answer my questions and if they didn't have any, they get the answers and get back to me. They were very quick to respond to everything. Also, they follow up and give you all the resources you need. They have their website and apps and have everything connected for you. You don't even have to pay. They've delivered everything they said they would. They were in and out of here without me even knowing it. The only hang up was with the permits from the township. Besides that, they were great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very skeptical about solar. I didn't know whether I should go or not. Almost every day, I was getting so many calls so, I thought of calling somebody and getting some idea. I called SolarCity and another company. They offered me options but I did not like them. And then Dividend Solar came and I liked their option so I decided to go for it. The enrollment process went smoothly without any trouble. It was all good. However, I'm confused which company I went with. I’m still thinking I went with Bright Planet Solar, not Dividend Solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm retired and I want to look at not having an electric bill. I enrolled with Dividend Solar and at first, I thought they were rather unresponsive. But then, I got a call from one of them because I gave them a very bad review. They called me right back to find out why and when I told them what was going on, they apologized and took care of the problem. Overall, I had a very good experience with them and I'm satisfied with my decision to go solar. The whole thing was very easy and the only occasion I needed to discuss was the plan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Baker Electric had a thing called Solar Days and they had a couple of lenders there that I met. But, Baker Electric uses a couple of different lenders and they chose Dividend Solar for me. They said that I qualified and it is all good. Then Dividend Solar sent me an application. It was a DocuSign over the internet. I signed it and I got approved and we got it done so it was very easy.

Everybody in the world should look into solar services. My electric bill was $600 a month and putting solar panels on the roof is only going to cost me $200 and some a month so I am saving $400 a month. I got my first bill from the electric company and it was $0 so that was cool. I am super happy with how fast Baker Electric put the solar panels in, how fast it was to get the permits and how fast it was approved for financing. I’m telling everybody I know and running it up the flagpole.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dividend Solar was from Alder Energy, the one who installed my solar panels, and we’ve only been with them for two months. Their enrolment process was all right and there are only a few hiccups but nothing too big or too drastic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our electricity bill last year, during this time, was $500. So, we wanted something where it can even out. Except that with solar, it would be one payment forever for $140 and that's it. Dividend Solar was recommended through Baler Electric. When I enrolled, it took less than 5 minutes and my account was setup. It was already connected to Baker and they turned something on so I could start paying. I was instantly up and ready to go. I like how simplified the dashboard is. When you log in, you can see what you owe, what you pay, and when to pay. I like it when it’s that simple so you don't have to go searching for stuff. I am 100% satisfied to go solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was interested in getting solar energy services and Ambit Energy introduced Dividend Solar to us. Enrollment was easy. I sent to them documents and they accepted them. I liked that all the documents were in DocuSign as opposed to having to sign stuff on paper and then lose it. They also sent LED lights and thermostats. Overall, it’s easy, fast, and made the solar decision a no-brainer. I’m satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First of all, I've just had a major life change. I'm divorced, I bought my house from my husband and I'll be retiring soon. I know that I have to make all the move now while I still could. Also, I've always been very interested in conserving energy so I went with Dividend Solar. Solgen called me and then they hooked me up with Chris, a sales rep. He was a very nice guy and I felt very comfortable talking to him. And I didn't have to put any money upfront. That's pretty much one of the reasons why I went with this company. Right away, I could start saving money and I'm doing something for my community.

When they were putting up the panels, I wasn't around all the time but the guys were really great and nice. Everything is fine and every question I asked, they answered. I don't really know how good it is yet because I'm just starting. But one of the things that I'm not comfortable with is that I was told that if I recommend Dividend to people and they put the panels up, I would get a referral fee. I feel that somebody should be calling me and keeping me abreast of the people because there were three people that were getting the panels. Two of them have the panels and one of them is already up and running. But I haven't heard from anybody from Dividend about the referral fee.

The other thing is that I didn't understand that there was more than one company that Dividend Solar works with. It was Bright Planet Solar that put up my panels. So I assumed that that's who was putting up everybody else's panels. But apparently, at least two of the people that I referred had somebody else. I was confused and I had to call the guy from Dividend a couple of times about it. I thought that it was Bright Planet Solar that was actually the people I was dealing with and that Dividend Solar was contracted by them. I didn't realize it was the other way around. Nevertheless, I would tell other people that it's an easy process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the idea of being green. I applied to different solar companies and most of them came down here. After doing the survey, they said that because of the location and some trees that I have, it wasn't going to work. Dividend Solar reached out to me and they said that they'll make it work and they came down and did it. It was very nice enrolling with Dividend and the service was good, from the representative all the way down to the installation. The first rep I dealt with was fair however, he never did a following. I had to call back and then once they called back, it was somebody else assigned to me. But then, the second rep was excellent.

I’ve only been learning for two months. The first month, it didn’t quite meet my needs as far as the production, but it was close. We also had some rain and some cloudy days that time. I’m supposed to get 100% electricity satisfaction on it, and last month I had to pay about 30% of my entire bill to the electric company. It didn't quite meet my needs as I’m extremely conservative when it comes to electricity. I have reached below average from anybody of my neighborhood and I’m one of the lowest. I hope the system can meet the production and do what it’s supposed to do because I spent over 26 grand for it. I don’t wanna be paying two bills.

Other than that, I'm very pleased with the whole experience. There were was some cloudy days but there’s no controlling the solar. But when it’s out there, it’s sunny and it’s beautiful, the thing runs good and gives plenty of energy. I hope it continues to do that and I hope that I don’t have any problems down the road as far as the system working or breaking down. But so far, it’s been excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking into lowering our electric bill and Baker Electric recommended Dividend Solar. It was seamless when we enrolled. We contacted the rep and everything was done over the phone and online. Everything went well and handled timely. We appreciate all the help and we would recommend Dividend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went through Dividend Solar when we did our Baker Solar Electric. When I enrolled for Dividend, they helped me all the time and everything was taken care of. I had to automatically enroll in the automatic payment system but I didn't have to do much for that either. I was walked through everything with Baker. Right now, this is new to me and I know my payments are going to be one thing for the first year and then they're going to change. But so far, it's been great. Everything was easy so I'm satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had somebody who was with Alba Energy that came through the neighborhood. They came in, sat down, went through a program and showed how we could get not only the tax credit. So, we went ahead and got that. Then, Alba went through Dividend Solar itself. When enrolling with Dividend Solar, they were clear-cut in what they did. All I had to do was to follow the directions. It has been an incredible experience. We got it in about six weeks ahead of what they thought they would be able to do for us so we started saving at the end of March. My March bill that I had to pay in April was about $60 and then we didn’t have to pay anything last month. This month, it looks like it'll be the same so we're very happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve been thinking about getting solar energy but we were concerned with what the terms of purchasing were. Then we got a cold call from Dividend Solar and the young man did a great job explaining it. He was very courteous and knowledgeable. He also had a really, pleasant upbeat personality. Whenever we had a question, he’d get back to us that day or the next morning and answer it fully. So, the enrollment process was very good. And when he said the work would be done, it was done and done well and timely. We got our first couple of bills from the electric company and it’s a considerable saving so we’re very happy with the whole process. We're very satisfied with going solar. The whole experience has been educational and I would recommend it. Actually, I have recommended it to many people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Dividend through a solar company that used it. Singing up with Dividend was easy. When I wanted to make sure about my first payment going through, I talked to their customer service rep who validated it and everything was fine. I’m very satisfied with going solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved into our subdivision, Dividend Solar's sales rep Mike knocked on the door and talked to us about solar panels. We had been looking into solar energy online, and every time we click on the page, we’d have a representative from California or Florida calling about the solar panel. Mike was extremely patient with us when we were enrolling with Dividend Solar. This is a $25,000 investment and we were very hesitant and did a lot of homework. Throughout the sales process, he would follow up, but not too pushy. It took us a few months to actually decide to pull the trigger and he gave us our space but yet kept us on track with the whole purchase. Amanda, the rep who has arranged to have the installation, very prompt to respond to us and kept us on track with the paperwork.

However, when we were going to the process of the paperwork and agreeing and gathering all the information from Mike, he had said that based on the fact that my husband’s a first responder, we would qualify for a monthly incentive. We asked him several times about what would that be and it was never confirmed. But he did mention that we were either going to get $1,300 off or whatever that month incentive was going to be, but that was up to the marketers, whatever promotion they were doing. I reached out to Amanda about it and that’s probably the only piece that she never responded to me. I don’t know if it was out of her scope of business, but we never got that confirmation and nobody ever confirmed what our monthly incentive would have been.

We have reached out to their customer service but it was always the exact same response he had with, “Oh, I don’t know.” or “We’re going to get back to you.” It’s something that we were kind of requesting and writing when we were going through all the paperwork. Before we know it, it was kind of that urge like, “Hey! You guys need to sign this paperwork because you’re going to lose all your credit. We don’t know if the government or the CPS was going to honor the rebate.”

We had asked Mike on the days to sign the contract or we were going to lose the CPS rebate and then possibly the government rebate and the incentive was never put into the contract. Cost versus quality, no doubt, I am extremely satisfied with Dividend Solar. A great investment and a great lawful company. However, I am a little torn because I’m happy with the overall service and would definitely recommend, but it’s just that one selling piece that is making it hard for me kind of judge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Trinity Solar did my solar installation and they recommended Dividend Solar's program to use for the financial part. I have to make a phone call and settle some things because there may be some miscommunication. I read some of the emails very quickly and the options were too pitiful. I saw the first deduction from my account and what I understood was that it's gonna be the total payment. The minimum payment is gonna cost me a lot of high interest that I don't want. I want to retain the right amount at the right time and not some special rate that's going to extend this whole thing to forever. I'll have to go Trinity and see exactly how much is the norm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our gas and electric bill was getting out of hand. We contacted Baker Solar and everything went so well and fast. We had the solar panels installed and we're very satisfied. Enrolling with Dividend was super easy, though we were having problems with our monthly payments. I was expecting a $47 bill to come out on a certain date in May and only $9 came out so I was confused. I went to my contract and found Dividend's phone number. I called the customer service line and the reps looked through everything up quickly and were able to answer. It was a prorated bill so that's why it was so short. I was glad that I had their phone number and it was easy to get an answer. Overall, we have been extremely happy with everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The solar company, Baker Solar and Electric recommended Dividend Solar so that’s what I used. Getting enrolled was easy. My solar company did the whole thing for me. They put in my name, got my credit score, ran it and said, "This company is best for you." They wrote to Dividend Solar, set everything up and walked me through it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried to be green so we decided to get into solar services. We learned about Dividend Solar through Baker Electric. Enrolling was pretty easy and it’s generally been a good experience thus far. We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we first start exploring it, we felt that going solar was the correct thing to do, even though we found that our energy usage didn't really warrant it. In fact, going solar would be a little more expensive on average than what we spend for power, but over time, we decided it was negligible and decided to go ahead and do it anyway. In the long run, it's a good choice and also environmentally, we are very concerned and decided to really curtail our use of fossil fuels and drive electric cars, too. The process was absolutely seamless and we felt well taken care of. I enjoy being able to track what we use.

I was concerned that in the first 60 months until you get your rebate, that there was very little payment made which was just the interest so I had called because I wanted to pay and get going on it. But one of the things that was explained to me by Dividend was that we could do that and that everything that we pay over and above would go to the principal, which is good. The fellow explained to me of why could they wait to really predicate it on once you get the tax break. The association that they have with the solar provider that we decided to use was absolutely seamless. Oftentimes it isn't an easy task but it seems like they all have created a cooperation and a work ethic that is working. That's why we have recommended Dividend Solar to friends and neighbors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The location of my house was indicative to solar because of the position of the house so it was profitable. I just wish it was a little bit sunnier over here but I’m pretty happy with going solar. I learned about Dividend Solar through the solar company. Dividend Solar's customer service was very efficient in all categories and I'm very happy with the professionalism. Once, I made a call because I had questions about the S rack and the person I spoke to was extremely helpful. He guided me in the right direction and I was very pleased with that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There’s a whole lot of different things that made us think about getting solar, but ultimately, the fact that all of our neighbors have it and have had good experiences led us to finally make the decision to do it. We heard of Dividend Solar through Baker Electric. The enrollment process was very easy. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far, we've been extremely satisfied and that's just enough experience to recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved into a newer house and it was a little larger. I talked to my neighbors and getting solar energy services sounded like a good option. I went with Dividend and I'm very satisfied at this point.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A solar energy services door-to-door guy came by and he intrigued me a little bit to the point where I did more and more research. I actually found companies better than that company and felt comfortable about going solar and pulled the trigger. Dividend Solar was one of the partners that worked with the company I installed with and it was super easy enrolling with them. I signed up and the other party just handled everything for me. I’m on auto deduction every month, and it's been very simple. I've only got one bill since I've had solar installed and it's only been a month.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The electricity costs here in San Diego, California is high, so we decided to look into solar energy services. The consultant that we worked with at Baker Electric focused on Dividend Solar's product as the best financing source. Since going solar, I'm getting the residual of my lower bills now and it's very close to the anticipated reduction and cost, so I'm very happy. I definitely recommend Dividend Solar. It's a no brainer product to use over a 20 year period with nothing out of pocket and the rebate makes it an immediate, easy decision to move forward with that financing vehicle.

Question and Answers - Dividend Solar

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?

Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?

By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.

What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?

The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.

How does Dividend Solar measure success?

Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?

The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.

How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?

We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.

Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Profile