toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy and satisfied about going solar. The rebates definitely help, and it’s a greener, better solution in the long run. The enrolment process was fairly easy. I had a great sales rep, and the installation team did a good job. Everything from the online documentation, paperwork and signing, and the rest, was very easy. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending Dividend Solar to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar. There were many negative reviews as well as positive ones of going solar but we decided to pick Dividend Solar because of the reviews that they had. The overall time it took the process and the end product, everything’s been a positive response. We’re relieved that we made a good choice. Dividend Solar's customer service answered all our questions. We got in touch with them and they sent out the contractor for our area. We are very pleased with the contractor they chose. Enrollment was an easy process, too. They took our information, ran the numbers, and got the system we wanted to work. We got the loan for it to be completed. Everything worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The people in my neighborhood were getting solar energy services so we did too. We enrolled with Dividend Solar. It was fairly easy although a bit rushed because it was in the middle of a lot of other stuff going on when we did it. But it went well. Now my average per month is lower than it was although it hasn't been installed that long and it's only been a month and a half.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My electric bill is pretty outrageous so it's why I wanted to try to go solar. I went through Baker Electric and they got me to Dividend Solar. Baker handled mostly everything. They're very professional and very polite, and were on top of it. Anything that was going on, when I was expecting somebody to be here or otherwise, I was always notified on the telephone. From start to finish, it took a month or so with getting the financing and all the permits. Then they did the whole installation in two days. They were awesome - very clean and very good. And so, my experience up to this point has been really good. Everything went sweet. It was a pleasurable and professional experience. Hopefully, my bill will go down and everything will be good from there. The whole idea of getting solar I hope is my answer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The prices of San Diego Gas and Light are skyrocketing so we looked into solar energy. We then found Dividend Solar through Baker Electric, although I already knew about them way before coming into solar. Based on the records, they've been in business for so many years, they got a reputation. With somebody who have a reputation like that, you want to deal with good people.

When I talked to the rep and to several people with my loan company, they were very prompt. The process was a no-brainer. The rep sat down with me for about two and a half hours. He explained to me what all they will be doing. They walked me through the switches, the solars are activated once San Diego Gas and Light gave me the tool to do it. It was really in my corner. They make sure everything is the way it's supposed to go. They went above and beyond their duties. It was just like classwork. You sit in class and they give you all this information. But when they came on site, they did exactly what he said he was gonna do with a one-day installation. So I'm impressed right now. It's been active for no more than a month but I see a big difference. Outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the clickbait ads that had popped up on my screen one day made me decide to look into solar energy services and the company that I got my solar panels from hooked me up with Dividend Solar. They told me Dividend was getting my loan through, so I said, "Okay.” It's only been a month, but I'm pretty satisfied and I don't really foresee that changing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been looking into going solar before. Dividend Solar was found online from a website with a list of the top 10 solar companies in the US. We then contacted Dividend and the reps were great. They called us back and then they contracted Baker Electric down here where we are. Once it was sent out, everything went through Baker. They contacted me and sent an application. It took two to three months before the panels were installed and we have been 100% satisfied so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted solar because I was thinking about saving money. So far, I've been extremely satisfied with the switch. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy. It was through Baker Electric. I didn't have any problems and they communicated well. The guy that I was dealing with didn't do anything but have me sign the paperwork. He explained everything thoroughly. It was also set up pretty fast. The entire process took 35-40 days. Then I did get in touch with someone from the team and they had answered all my questions. It was a pleasure to work with them. It was seamless and excellent. My cousin-in-law got a better deal with someone else but I've still recommended them a couple of times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had solar panels on my previous home and I've been very satisfied so I wanted solar panels on my new home. The representative from Baker Electric interfaced on my behalf and had my Dividend Solar account opened within a day or two, DocuSign and it was done. It was transparent and simple. I opened it up so I could have a little more time to pay it off and I already paid my system off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I though it was better to use the energies of the sun rather than all the other energies, so we signed up for solar. I sat and chatted with the reps of Dividend when they came to the house and they were all excellent. The owner of the company and the salesman were both very good. If we called, they always called back and worked well with us. The enrollment process with Dividend Solar wasn't difficult, but it was hard getting all the things in order with FP&L. They finished the installation at the beginning of March. And so far, so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to save on our electric bill for long-term. We went through Baker Electric and got Dividend Solar. The enrollment was quick and easy. The whole process took only a few weeks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a new house and I wanted to get solar because I had it in my last two houses. I got my solar through Baker Electric and they helped me do the process. It wasn't hard. Also, I got to talk to one person from Dividend Solar one time and everything was taken care of. They did all the work. After I moved in, I had a whole bunch of projects going on, but it was only a couple of months after that I decided to get solar. It was installed within a month. That was real quick. I haven't even paid my first bill yet. I think it's too light for this week for my first monthly installment. It's all negative in my monthly bill and I haven't had a positive day, so I've made extra energy every day. Overall, Dividend Solar has been pleasant, very helpful and easy to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were paying $500 to $600 a month. I talked to SolarCity and Vivint Solar but didn’t like the plan they had so I went with Baker Electric. The installation took two days. They had to send a person out twice prior to the installation – one, to assess the structure, and two, just before they got started with it so they could walk us through the process of what they were willing to do. Then after that, it was an hour or so of explaining the solar installation, how it works, how I turn it on and off. We've had our solar service turned on for a month and we're producing more than we use. Everything is monitored remotely. So if something isn't transmitting, they’ll call and say, "Check these knobs and buttons."

Baker Electric used Dividend Solar as their finance company. I applied for the loan and Dividend Solar gave it to me. I contacted them and told them I'm interested in the loan. I filled out the online application and submitted it. Then they called me back. They do their financial checks, and as long as one meets them, the process seems pretty easy after that. Dividend Solar was great. They were fast and efficient. They did everything they needed to do to make it happen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Solar energy was something I was always interested in. The salesmen from Dividend Solar were around the neighborhood and convinced me to have a sit down. We talked about it and I liked what they are talking about. And so, it resulted to me making a purchase. They set up a time and a date tentative to me getting the loan approved. We're back and forth through emails and phone calls and they were good with both. If they couldn't answer, they call me back right away.

There was a couple of little snags and loops I got to hop through in getting the loan approved, but they're really helpful pushing it along. Then the loan got approved and they set up a time for the install. I wanted to be there, but I let them know how I was particular about certain things. And they made sure to try and accommodate that. I didn't get to meet the install guys but they did pretty good. For what it looks like, the install looked neat. They did it well. I was worried about damage occurring to the house because it's a brand new one, but they tried to make sure none of that happened.

Then, we set up a time for the connect because City Public Service had to approve the install. And there was a little snag with that. They had to come and change something, but it happened really quickly. It wasn't a big deal and I had no problems. So, it's been a good experience and we'll see where it goes. I am very satisfied with my decision to go solar except that I haven't seen the return yet. I haven't seen the new bill from the electric and I'm just barely starting to pay the loan. But I'm pretty sure we'll see the CPS bill go down and ultimately pay that loan off. I'm already recommending Dividend Solar to people. From start to finish, I'm very impressed with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been looking at solar energy for a long time. We got a rooftop array two years ago but it was woefully inadequate and the people who put it in didn’t really know what they were doing. My son looked at it and got his put in by Alder Energy. Dividend Solar was their finance partner. I was looking at them since then because he's having a really good luck with it and he gave me some good reviews about it. So I contacted Alder and they came in and went through the whole system with me including enrolling with Dividend Solar.

Everything I've had to do with Dividend Solar has been outstanding. They're very responsive and quick. They're also friendly and easy to work with. I started with them in the fall and filled out the paperwork before the 1st of the year. Then we were waiting for the connection with Duke Power. After they did that on the 17th of March, everything started cooking and that’s where we are now. I'm extremely happy with Dividend Solar. I highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because of high electrical bills, I was looking for different solar panel options on the internet and selected Alba Energy. Then they connected us with Dividend Solar. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was a pretty straightforward process. The approval was done online. As for the solar panels, we had the Alba Energy engineer come out and look at the property and determine where to place the solar panels so that they are exposed to the sun at least eight hours of the day. He made a plan, we looked at it and approved it, and then we ordered the solar panels. And that came in three weeks later. The install took about two weeks and then we're up and going.

I'm quite satisfied with my decision to go solar. The first month was not a complete month, but we saw almost a 50 percent reduction in our bill. It's a 20-year investment. But in the long run, it does pay off knowing that I'm generating electricity and reducing my electric bill. I would recommend Dividend Solar to friends. It was an exciting experience. It didn't happen in one day and one has to be patient. But once it's up, it's very satisfying to see that I'm in a green instead of red as far as the energy consumption goes.

Factual basis uncertain

The payments made are solely for interest and the principal never gets paid down. The interest rate is very high compared to present low rates. While the panels were purchased on the basis of my current electric payments (about $150 per month) that is now the INTEREST each month on this very bad loan. 6.49%. For the first 16 months, interest only is the monthly payment. Very deceptive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was talking to a friend who had solar at his house and I gathered some details about his solar system and that's how I thought I should get my own. At the time, we were working with Trinity and Trinity introduced us to Dividend Solar so we went with them. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was smooth. It was not a big deal and it was simple. They walked me through the process, but I have a few questions about tax filing and stuff for that. My usage just started so I have to wait and watch how it works out for me but so far, so good. I will recommend Dividend to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been thinking about looking into solar energy services for 20 years. I enrolled with Dividend Solar and it was a great and seamless process. It was all electronic where my information was taken and they made it happen. It was interesting, though, because I got an email from Dividend saying that I wouldn’t see a bill until I saw power coming back off my bill and I have a bill right now that’s outstanding. Earlier today, I emailed my guy Brent at Trinity, and I asked him if I should pay this bill or not because I haven’t seen the returns yet. Otherwise, it's been easy and good so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Dividend through the solar company I signed up for, and my experience with them has been fine. We have another house and we got solar energy there five years ago. I can see the savings for it so I decided to sign up with Dividend. Enrolling with them was easy and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a research on local solar companies and I heard about Dividend Solar through Baker's. I like that it was a little local company that have been around for 80 years. I also have several other friends that I knew that had used them so I went with them too. Their enrollment process was totally easy and I like their little solar online portal where I can manage my usage and my loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was previously with SunEdison but they had gone through a bankruptcy so I was looking at various options for how to continue with my solar service. The gentleman who had formerly been with SunEdison and set me up with them made me aware of Dividend Solar. It was a very smooth process to get signed up with them. It's been good so far and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to save money so I looked into energy saving services. Dividend Solar's product is still fairly new for me, but so far I'm satisfied and I would recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dividend put our solar panels on and I got to know them through Alba Energy. We live in San Antonio, Texas and have lots of sun and great southern exposure, and in the summertime, a high electrical bill. We wanted to explore it and I had three different companies give us these talks and Alba seemed to be the most appropriate. We installed the panels in January and then I called them because I didn't see a payment drawn on the bank. They said that until CPS hooks up and it actually starts generating electricity, I wouldn't see a draw on the account. So, they were very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were with another company but they were just humming and harring and nothing ever seemed to get done. Then they went bankrupt. Once Dividend Solar took over, we were switched on and we started to get energy. We felt good about it. And it's only in the last few months that we've been getting energy because that’s how long it seemed to take to get the other company out.

Our solar energy service is working pretty well. I just took a look at the last PG&E bill and it was about $10. So the solar energy service is working very efficiently because we get hot water all the time. We also have a little iPhone app which I am really impressed with. And we got that from Dividend as well. They said it was a way to track and know that our system is working right. I just tap on the iPhone and it gives me the peaks and the lows, the number of kilowatts that I'm generating in a day, etc. I'm very satisfied now, especially with the bill. I would definitely recommend Dividend Solar. In fact, I was recommending Dividend to my brother because he's trying to heat his house with other alternatives and it's costing a fortune.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A whole bunch of them from Dividend Solar were calling me up for some reason. Then I talked to one of the guys and told him to cut to the chase and asked him certain questions. He was right to the point and I asked him to come over. The guy that came out was real good. He was friendly and he didn't blow out a lot of stuff at me. It only took him over about a half an hour to two hours and then I signed the papers. Also, every time I would call them they've been right there on the spot. I'm a business owner so for me, they handled the conversations and the people as I would have been the owner.

However, I haven't made a nickel on it yet. I'm waiting for them to finally tell me to give them a reading soon. They have to wait for six to 8 weeks since they installed it and expect it's been out in business. So I'll set a bank account and find out after a while what it made gross and what I'm paying. They draw in the monthly out of me for $157, but I want to see at the end of the year what I paid plus what I gained.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When a rep from Dividend Solar came to my door, I signed up for their services. Their enrollment process was easy and it was good. Also, everybody from Dividend Solar was friendly and informative. So far, I'm very satisfied that I got solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We signed up with Dividend Solar through Baker, the company that we went to and bought solar panels from. The enrollment process went very smoothly. It was pretty quick and we were pleased. We just had our panels turned on a little over a month ago and the billing has been much better. We've gotten a reduced rate for our monthly electricity, so we're pretty happy with that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine who was working for Dividend talked to me about it so I decided to sign up for their solar energy service. Their system is producing the kilowatt hours faster than I thought it was going to. So far, I've got one deposit in my bank account for around $20 and $60 off my energy bill but it's produced over $300. Once I see that I’m getting what I think I should be getting, then I’ll be happy with it. I would recommend Dividend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been in education my entire career and I felt that we needed to leave a footprint when we leave this place that isn't detrimental to our environment. Dividend Solar was one of the few companies that would put a ground mount in plus they have a very good site and I know we're producing quite a bit of electricity. The process of enrolling with Dividend Solar was initially very easy but then there was a hiccup in the middle where they were dyed in the wool in regards to putting it on my roof. I didn't want 500 holes in my roof even though they said that they would seal them. I didn't wanna take that chance and I've got a number of acres in the back, so we were able to convince them that I wanted the largest ground mount system that they could put in Massachusetts, which is what I have.

From what I'm seeing in the past couple of electric bills that we've had, they seemed to be going down quite drastically. So I'm pleased in that portion of it. But I've purchased my panels, so I'm looking to recoup the SRECs and hopefully, come this fall, I should be able to recoup some money in regards to that. Also, they had to update my panel because there weren't enough slots to do what I wanna do in the future. So, they came in and put in a brand new electric panel. It was a very expensive and good panel. They did a great job with that. I would say that I'm happy thus far and I'll be happier when I see the returns on my SRECs. But I'm already recommending Dividend Solar to people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Dividend Solar through the Solar Company. I looked into solar energy services because of the cost of electricity in Southern California. I am very satisfied with my decision to go Solar. Also, the people at Dividend Solar were fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a large hillside that is not being used and I figured that it would be perfect to install solar services there. Baker referred me to Dividend Solar and the enrollment process was pretty easy. I keep track of the graph of what we’re producing and what we’re using. However, I haven’t heard much from Dividend yet and I don’t know when the payment gets started. Otherwise, it's been good so far and I'm satisfied.

Question and Answers - Dividend Solar

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?

Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?

By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.

What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?

The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.

How does Dividend Solar measure success?

Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?

The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.

How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?

We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.

Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Profile