4.53/5

Looking for a solar energy company?

Dividend Solar

At Dividend Solar, we believe that solar energy is the future of our country, which is why we are committed to offering a better way for our homeowners to go solar. With our $0-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day 1.

We continually strive to provide each of our customers and partners with the highest quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, we can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes -- all from the comfort of your home.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

View More View More

Looking for a solar energy company?

Dividend Solar Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2019

Easy to work with, hardly any problems. My only complaint is that it's tedious to make a non-scheduled extra payment, especially if you do it regularly, for you have to add your checking account information each time. Is it a deal breaker? No. Just the only thing I would like to see improved in the future.

Original review: March 9, 2019

From start to finish the process was outstanding. The salesperson explained the product and the procedure for getting financed. After inputting my information it didn't take more than 10 seconds to get approved. This was the best experience I have ever had getting something financed.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The application process was very easy. I have been interested in getting solar since I was in high school. They made my experience so nice. Now I will have solar on my home, supporting my house for many years to come, all thanks to Dividend.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Everyone was great to work with. There were no surprises. I would recommend this service to anyone. I just sat back and let Dividend handle everything. Very easy process. Very good communication. All the people at Dividend are very friendly and professional.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

CONSUMER FRAUD!? If there is a worst company to do business with, it's probably in HELL. I have a Solar System financed thru Dividend Finance. I pay $63 per month, auto pay, for the first 16 months, the monthly payment will go up to $103 for the rest of the 20 year loan. My average Electric bill last year was $62 monthly. The salesman promise.."No More Electrical bills and Money in your pocket, rebates and credits to offset the $15000 Loan." GREAT DEAL, now I have 2 bills and a 20 Years Loan.

The Dividend Finance Loan and Installation Contract was signed on November 1 2018. The contract calls for the installation of 11 Trina Solar Panels, 11 Enphase Energy Inverter. The System was installed December 19-20. On December 21 received a new contract, unilaterally the installation now calls for 11 Japan Solar Panels, 1 SMA America Inverter. Quite a DIFFERENT SYSTEM!! On reflection, however, I decided I was not agreeable to the change of equipment. I therefore signed and submitted a Notice of Cancellation to United Solar on December 26, 2018, in accordance with my three-business-day right to cancel. Dividend also send a “Certificate of Completion” to be signed. The work is considered complete when the panels are on the roof, NOT a working System. I have been paying for a NON WORKING Solar System. Thanks DIVIDEND. I am paying for a NON WORKING Solar System. Thanks DIVIDEND, Thanks United Solar.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Angelo, we are so sorry to hear about your experience and want to let you know that we take claims of fraud very seriously here at Dividend Finance. Our team has been looking into this and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I don’t know where to start! I had a contractor that I met, they told me that it would take a couple of weeks to get started cause of permitting, a month goes by and I’m in contact with them and they said they were going to pick up the permit. Some more time passes and nothing happened. More phone call and I find out that another contractor is taking over? Do I have any rights to whom is working on my house? No change of contractor documents, no signatures, is this legal in Florida? I met the next contractor and started receiving phone calls to sign the job off so they can get paid? Wait a minute! I was a contractor in NYC. It didn’t go this way up there! I told them get the job started and completed and I will sign away! I even had a kid that could have been my son on the phone telling me the way things work. Too funny!! Had to set him straight!!

The first green electrician showed up. I had to help him figure some stuff out, and even lend him tools cause he just started in the field of being an electrician. The owner of the contracting company was another kid that his parents gave him some money to start a business, he had another electrician qualifying the company, the owner is not even an electrician! They installed the panels and the electrical, never got an inspection on the clips for the panels, I asked them don’t you think the structural inspector is going to want to see it? They commented that it will be okay, they know the inspector. The inspector showed up and she tore them a new one and failed it! She said that she is not going to take their word on where they connected the clips for the panels because it has to be secured to the rafters on the roof, they then had to get a letter from a structural engineer to pass that.

The phone calls started the come in again for signatures on DocuSign so they can get paid, I found out that the electrical had failed inspection!!! Not once but 2 times!! Then the panels were completed in September which was to be completed in the past April. I had to pay for a million dollar umbrella policy before FP&L would come and a fee to bribe FP&L to come! Furthermore Igor don’t get a tax rebate. Only a tax write off of only $2000. Per year if you owe taxes at the end of the year. Also the government has to approve the program again for the next years to come or that will be over.

I have all the problems written above like the poor others that got taken by this group of thieves! I have tried to call Dividend but they always have the message that they are experiencing higher than normal calls to call back at another time, that means everyone they screwed is trying to call. I left messages to call me back like the recording said but they don’t call! I also never received my pool pump to help save on electricity that they promised! I wonder what will happen if my panels need to be serviced? Am I on my own? Do yourself a favor and stay away from Dividend and Home Solar! They both stink!!! Mildly putting it!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have solar panels-financed thru Dividend Solar. I pay $60 per month, auto pay. Never late, never missed a payment. When I signed up for this "12 year payment plan" I was told if I sold my home it wouldn't be an issue to pay the loan off with the proceeds from my home (I had no intention on staying in this house for 12 years) and I would have plenty of equity on my home anyway; especially with solar. I listed my home, panels came with it, of course, it was a great selling point! I was about 10 months into my loan at this point. I owed about $18000 (because what they don't tell you is, the first 2 years of payments is ONLY interest- not the principal).

The new homeowners expressed concern that there may be a lien attached to my home since the panels were financed. I assured them it would be fine and no lien would be placed. Anyway, I planned on paying it off with the proceeds from the sale! On April 11, I decided to call Dividend ANYWAY just to double check and make sure I didn't need to pay the panels off FIRST. They told me no lien would be filed, I would just have to continue making payments etc. We even discussed panels on my NEW home. I had every intention on getting them again after this loan was done with. Closing day comes, May 6th. Documents have been signed, new homeowners have wired the cash over (they paid for home in full!) 1:00 pm waiting for keys, moving truck in driveway.

I'm 6 months pregnant with no furniture etc in my home as it is all packed and ready to move. Movers/friends/moving truck/internet everything is ready to go and be moved and BAM! LIEN HAS BEEN PUT ON MY HOME ON APRIL 13TH. I CAN NO LONGER CLOSE UNTIL LOAN IS PAID IN FULL. They put a lien on my home after I asked about it! No one ever sent me anything nor was I informed about this happening or potentially happening! MY "CASE" manager refused to return calls, wait time on hold was 20+ minutes, then it asks for a voicemail, which I left several in a panic, along with my lender, title company and realtor. NO ONE called me back. I had to keep calling and calling.

FINALLY someone took a payment over the phone (I had to borrow $17000 from family!) at 5 pm, which now is TOO LATE TO FUND MY HOME and they can't promise the payment would go thru right away, even thought it was ACH with routing/account #. Had this been dealt with April 12, or even at 1:00 pm when I FIRST CALLED I could be in my new home now. I am a responsible person, I pay my bills, never been late and had EVERY intention on paying my loan AND having a new loan established for my new home. NEVER AGAIN... Please Please save the heartache and NEVER finance with this company. You're trapped in your house for the duration of the loan (12 years my case) you cannot sell home and use proceeds to pay loan off. Nothing has been resolved. still waiting for payment to clear. Thanks a lot Dividend. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Dividend Solar response

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate your feedback. We are glad we’ve been able to work together to resolve this issue. The home sales process can certainly be complicated; and in this case, it seems tighter escrow/closing communications would have helped. We are reviewing our processes for opportunities to improve the experience. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

CONSUMER FRAUD is commonly defined as deceptive business practices that cause consumers to suffer financial or other losses. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND ALL Sales Partners!! My experience is provided so you may decide whether Consumer Fraud has been committed and be WARNED in your dealings with this company - I can't afford an attorney to pursue this in a court of law since my savings have been depleted.

In June of 2018 my wife and I were given a proposal by sales representatives from Raygime Power LLC, partners of Dividend Solar Finance, and signed financing documents payable to Dividend Solar Finance for a Solar Energy System, over a 20-year period, to include solar panels installed on the roof of our home. The Financial Overview for this proposal focused on a 30% tax credit which would be provided to us by the government in the form of rebates and refunds - a total of $14,922.00, in our case. This money was then to be given to Dividend Solar Finance to lower system costs. They stated that their office would even help us prepare the necessary forms for submission. Having only a layman's understanding of solar energy, I had no reason to doubt these friendly, helpful "experts" in solar power systems - I have since educated myself on this, but too late to avoid a bitter loss.

At tax filing time we discovered that there are NO refunds or rebates, just a 30% tax credit that can only be applied against taxes that you owe; if you owe no taxes, then there is NO CREDIT. This credit can be carried over into next year, but I have had no tax liabilities over past years and no reason to believe I will have any in future years - I am a retiree on a fixed budget with no tax liabilities, thus the rebates and refunds promised by the proposal are nonexistent. In any event, this carry-over expires in 2022, unless extended by the Federal government. This fact is well known to them, as there are similar complaints listed on this and other customer complaint websites and answered "off-line" so as to avoid public scrutiny; as well as, small print *disclaimers* hidden within the proposal and financial documents attempting to cover matters left unspoken and hoping not to be noticed before the financial contract is signed.

The proposal and financial contract do contain "small print" disclaimers, in effect stating, "...you may or may not qualify for this tax credit; your qualification is dependent on your individual tax liability. We do not provide tax advice and you should consult your tax professional to understand if you will qualify for any or all of the credit." a fact which, of course, was NOT emphasized at all during the proposal and contract signing, rather brushed aside as "required legal jargon, not to be concerned with". You do not need to be be a tax professional to advise a potential customer with a fixed income or who for other reasons have little or no annual tax liabilities, that they will not be eligible to benefit from the Incentive Tax Credit. Potential consumers BEWARE and proceed at your own risk.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Max, we are are so sorry to hear about your experience with Dividend Finance and your installer. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and the opportunity to better serve you. We have sent you a private message to follow up and discuss your concern offline. Thank you.

The Dividend Finance Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Dividend Solar is a state of the art RIP off... Buyer please beware. I thought solar was going to save me money but am spending even more than what I wanted. The $6000 rebate that we were going to get isn't going to happen and the tax rebate from IRS is a no go... All in all that's $17000 that could have went to the system. If there is any legal recourse we can take please help.

Dividend Solar response

Hi Corey, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will follow up with you shortly offline to discuss your concern. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Back in July I was sold a solar system by a company that no longer answers phone calls and the President has erased himself from Facebook to avoid pressure. His name is Christopher ** at Sunlight Energy Solutions in West Palm Beach Florida. They set me up with Dividend Finance and assured me that I had a warranty with Dividend finance and that even if Sunlight Energy Solutions were to go out of business I would still be covered. Also Dividend would be monitoring my system if it went down or a panel needed to be replaced.

The installer contracted out by Dividend to install my system acknowledged a problem with the system and has yet to fix it or return calls promptly without pestering them. I called Dividend on this and they said they just service the loan now that I have a problem and I have no warranty after acknowledging I did with the last call. They are not truthful along with the rest of the solar business and I am now looking into suing for a 28000 dollar debt that produces nothing. Thanks Dividend, for nothing!

Dividend Solar response

Hi Jason, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We will be reaching out to you offline to discuss your concern momentarily. Thank you.

Dividend Solar expert review by Zachary Shahan

This solar financing company’s mission is to give investors a way to invest in solar and to provide homeowners another source of financing. Through crowd-sourced investments, a homeowner can get a competitive loan to cover the cost of a rooftop solar system.

• Low-cost financing: Dividend Solar reportedly offers one of the most competitive loans on the home solar market.

• Low-risk investment: On the flip side, it offers an investment option that has relatively low risk (compared to stocks, for example) but typically a good rate of return.

• Huge emphasis on customer service: Almost no business can get by these days without good customers service, but as Dividend Solar notes, it is “quality-obsessed” and aims to deliver “the highest quality experience to each of our customers and partners.” It’s sort of like your “mom and pop” solar financing and solar investment option.

• Innovative: This term is a bit overused these days, but Dividend Solar deserves it. It has brought to market a solar financing and solar investment solution that is unavailable from any other entity on the market.

• Focused on quality: Dividend Solar doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular solar brand when it comes to the solar panels or the installation service, but it is passionate about delivering the highest-quality products to its customers. The idea is that doing so will result in the happiest customers.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
      Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Dividend Solar questions and answers

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?
      Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?
      By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.
      What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?
      The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.
      How does Dividend Solar measure success?
      Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?
      The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.
      How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?
      We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.
      Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Information