2. Solar Energy

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.49/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Dividend Solar is committed to offering a better way for homeowners to go solar. With zero-down financing, you can save money on your utility bill from day one. Dividend Solar strives to provide customers and partners with a high-quality solar experience. With a simple, paperless application process, it can pre-qualify homeowners in just a few minutes.

BOTTOM LINE

Dividend Solar specializes in solar financing loans that make solar power systems affordable. Dividend Solar doesn't offer leases or PPAs, so it's only an option for those who want to own their solar power system.

PROS

• Certified installers
    • Multiple solar loan options

CONS

• No lease or PPA options

Top Dividend Solar Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Easy to work with, hardly any problems. My only complaint is that it's tedious to make a non-scheduled extra payment, especially if you do it regularly, for you have to add your checking account information each time. Is it a deal breaker? No.

The Dividend Solar team were very accommodating through the purchasing process. The sales person was very knowledgeable about the product. ... I would recommend this company to anyone who desires solar panels for their home.

What is Dividend Solar?

Dividend Solar is a solar power financing company that offers a variety of loan options for people interested in investing in renewable energy and solar power systems. Most customers get solar financing loans between $15,000 and $50,000.

Dividend Solar designed its loan process to be as stress-free as possible. Clients get instant credit decisions, can apply and be approved for loans online and are able to make automated payments. Dividend Solar loans come with fixed rates, tax benefits and no prepayment penalties.

The company partners with more than 700 solar installation businesses to help clients obtain high-quality solar power systems. However, Dividend Solar does not directly handle the installation — a third-party company installs the system, and you must communicate with that business to complete the project.

Dividend Solar finance options

Dividend Solar offers three solar loans to choose from in addition to commercial PACE (property assessed clean energy) loans.

• The EmpowerLoan and EmpowerPlus loan options let consumers purchase solar panels without paying any money upfront. These loans have flexible financing terms and fixed payments.
        • Dividend’s Solar + Storage loan option is useful for homeowners who are interested in financing solar panels and battery storage equipment. Homeowners can finance both AC and DC systems.
        • A PACE loan allows business owners to finance solar panels and other energy-efficient upgrades on privately owned commercial property.

Dividend Solar FAQ

What does Dividend Solar do?
        Dividend Solar provides financing for solar power systems and energy-efficient improvements. It also partners with more than 700 solar energy companies to sell and install solar power systems.
        Where are Dividend Solar services available?
        Dividend Solar is currently available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
        Does Dividend Solar have any accreditations or affiliations?
        Dividend Solar is affiliated with:
        • The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)
        • National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
        • Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA)
        • Women in Solar Energy (WISE)

Dividend Solar requires all of its solar installation contractors to be professionally licensed and certified through the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).

Are solar panels available from Dividend Solar?
        No, Dividend Solar is a loan provider and does not sell solar products.

Is Dividend Solar worth it?

Dividend Solar is a smart fit for homeowners who want to save money on their utility bills with solar panels and pay for the equipment over time. Its network of loan providers and solar power system installers makes it simple for you to finance and install your solar power system. Dividend Solar applications and payments are online and efficient. The company has multiple financing options and partners across the country, so there's a good chance Dividend Solar can help you fill your solar energy needs.

Dividend Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Original review: March 13, 2020

Dividend Finance financed my solar panels and wow the ease of setting payments and excellent customer service. 100% would love to use them on any home I buy In the future!!! Also just the ease and how simple they make it and let alone how friendly the folks are.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Everyone involved with the loan process to put up the solar panels. Had great customer service!! Questions were answered quickly & everyone was absolutely professional. Project manager was very thorough with checking for permits & moved immediately. Had to wait for electric company to make the switch. Go with these guys - You can’t go wrong!!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The Dividend Solar team were very accommodating through the purchasing process. The sales person was very knowledgeable about the product. She walked me through the purchasing process making sure that I was thoroughly informed. I would recommend this company to anyone who desires solar panels for their home.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I appreciated the ease and speed of getting financing approved for my solar system. The whole process was pretty painless and I would recommend Dividend to others to finance their solar systems. I have a small payment each month and look forward to the savings.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I found that getting financing from Dividend was quick and easy. I’m a new customer to solar power, and while I’m still waiting for Idaho Power to do its part to start my solar power, my experience with Horizon PWR, namely, Preston and Mat, and the folks at Big Dog Installers, has been very good. I highly recommend these folks. They are connected to Dividend Solar, which was quick to provide the green light with financing.

Dividend Solar response

Hi M, Thank you for your review and for posting a photo of your solar as well! We are happy to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Greed and customer neglect during COVID-19. Before the coronavirus My family and other families in our area have been using Dividend Solar for years now. During the pandemic we reached out to see if they’re doing anything to help homeowners. They initially say yes on the phone and take down your information but end up sending e-mail saying will not show any Leniency during difficult times. Do yourself a favor. Chose a solar company that treats their customers better.

Dividend Solar response

Hello Sap, During this time of uncertainty, we remain committed to our customers and being there to provide you with the best possible service. Hence, we are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with Dividend and would like to resolve this situation. We are unable to find your contact information, so we will be sending you a private message to ask for the best phone number to reach you at in order to discuss this offline. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2020

We are in the process of purchasing a home that has a solar electrical system financed by Dividend. Just attempting to inquire about assuming the loan I discovered 1. long hold times. 2. representatives who are short, snippy, and just don't seem to care. 3. incorrect information regarding system warranties, etc. To me, this all says Dividend is one of those "zig hile" companies where cash is king and everything else (including customers) can take a hike. I believe we will just pay off the solar system and steer clear of Dividend. P.S.: Dividend, if you dislike being informed on, get your issues squared up!

Dividend Solar response

Hello, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Dividend Finance and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to fix this situation. We will be sending you a private message momentarily so we can reach out to you to discuss your concern offline. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I am writing this as buyer beware. This company ripped me off. I got a loan through them not too bad of an interest rate however there was a clause that I have to pay them $265.10 for 13 months. I called them very soon after signing the contracts. In actuality I never signed myself. The solar company just pushed the application through on their laptop at my kitchen table. Either way I did agree but when I call Dividend Finance to see if I could pay the lump sum payment their representative told me on the phone directly that I have no choice but to wait the 13 months to pay the lump sum payment. I did have the money in the bank at the time and still do.

I knew the lump sum payment was coming up so I called to get my logon information for their payment portal. At that time the representative stated, "Oh no you could have made the payment any time and it would have activated the account so that the payments of $265.10 would have done towards your loan instead of pure interest." Now I know some people need to have that period to pay I did not there purely ripped me off. Now I am not saying they are in practice of doing that with everyone but they did it to me. Who knows if they won’t do it or something else to you. I have paid them as soon as I found this out. They supposedly did an internal investigation to say that all my phone calls to them have disappeared so they have no proof I ever called them in the first place me. I will continue to tell everyone about the business practices of this company because they are wrong.

Dividend Solar response

Hi William, We are sorry to hear about your experience and this misunderstanding. Someone from our Customer Success Team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and provide an update. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Fast and efficient service. Courteous reps. Have their act together! Always responsive to queries that I made and answering questions. Quick service via email of necessary forms. Good communication with the solar contractor.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The loan application process for my solar installation was simple and efficient. The loan conditions were clear and understandable. The ability to have loan payments automatically drafted from my bank account is convenient.

Dividend Solar Company Information