toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy and satisfied about going solar. The rebates definitely help, and it’s a greener, better solution in the long run. The enrolment process was fairly easy. I had a great sales rep, and the installation team did a good job. Everything from the online documentation, paperwork and signing, and the rest, was very easy. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending Dividend Solar to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar. There were many negative reviews as well as positive ones of going solar but we decided to pick Dividend Solar because of the reviews that they had. The overall time it took the process and the end product, everything’s been a positive response. We’re relieved that we made a good choice. Dividend Solar's customer service answered all our questions. We got in touch with them and they sent out the contractor for our area. We are very pleased with the contractor they chose. Enrollment was an easy process, too. They took our information, ran the numbers, and got the system we wanted to work. We got the loan for it to be completed. Everything worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Solar energy was an option that I was looking into for a while and a friend of mine was a salesman for Dividend Solar. However, it was pretty difficult enrolling with Dividend. Unfortunately, my salesman did not have the knowledge that I was looking for. But I ended up still getting it from them, because it’d be this guy or another guy, and I was gonna buy solar anyway.

I originally started with one location, and they installed the panels. Then we went for the other location, and that got turned on before the first location. Since I have two locations, they always kept confusing the locations. They were calling me about one, and it happened that whatever they were talking about was being done on the other one. I had a little trouble understanding what location they were referring to cause both of the locations were installed more of about the same time. But one location was barely turned on after six months. I wasn’t depending on it and it didn’t make a difference if it lasted a year for the service to be on. But I was looking forward to get the savings from the beginning, so I'm a little disappointed. But I'm definitely happy about my decision to go solar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On Facebook, there were cases of people saying they were paying less for the panels than they were on their energy bill. So I decided to look at the math and it worked out. Missouri Sun Solar made everything really easy for us, including getting hooked up with Dividend Solar. And I've been very impressed with the Dividend Solar website because it has been so easy to enroll. Moreover, their reps have always been quick to help. I've only received two bills from Empire District Electric Company so far and they've both been credits. And so we're definitely drawing more power than we needed at this time of the year and our bill for the panels is $46 a month cheaper than our bill for Empire was before. So I'm thrilled but we'll see in the winter if I'm still thrilled. So far, it's been awesome and fantastic. It went better than expected and I don't see why anyone wouldn't go solar with the way it's worked out for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking into solar energy services and about it beforehand, so when we finally decided to go solar, we're extremely satisfied. So far, Dividend Solar has been fine. Enrolling was pretty easy. We had an issue with getting the installation. We had a tree that needed cut down and they told us that we had to have it cut down by November. We got that cut down in October. Then, they were supposed to call to let us know when they will be able to install it because of their schedule. However, I had to call every single month and they kept telling me that it wasn't ready. They weren't ready to install yet for whatever reason and it wasn't until, I think, March that I got it installed.

Then, it was January when I finally talked to someone and they said, "Oh, we're waiting on you to remove your tree," and very hateful about it. I told them that it had been removed in October and then they forwarded me on to somebody else. And then he demanded that I get it scheduled on a certain day because that was their only available time. That was while I was at work. So, Missouri Sun Solar came to my work and got my garage door opener. I had an issue with them opening my house and letting my alarm go off. They wouldn't give me a reason as to why they went into my house. They gave me three different excuses and then I never heard anything back from Missouri Sun Solar about that although I put in a complaint about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dividend Solar?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had just moved into the neighborhood and my electric bill was extremely high so I started to look into solar panels. I came from The Valley and it was so much cheaper than CPS here in San Antonio. I then noticed a lot of neighbors were getting the solar panels. The gentleman, David, happened to be one of the representatives that knocked on my door. I listened to him and to several others, but I liked what he had to offer and went with Dividend Solar. The process took a little longer than what I anticipated but I was really okay with it. It allowed time for my income tax refund to come back and get the extra 30% federal incentive rebate. They put the panels on December 31st and were turned on in the middle of April. It was still cool and I wasn’t really using a lot of electricity during those months.

Then the representatives did an inspection on the roof yesterday. I’m a little upset right now because they left my gate open and my dog got out and she’s lost. I’ve put her on the neighborhood watch. I reached out to the person that told me about the appointment and he was very apologetic and offered $100 reward. But the dog was $500. She was in the family for six years and she’s a white Miniature Schnauzer. They also kept having trouble passing all the inspections like the HOA and the city inspection. There were things that Dividend had to go back and redo. Other than that, it’s been okay and I’m extremely satisfied. We had a couple of hail storms and it seemed like the solar panels are holding up fairly well. I reported the hail damage to my insurance and they’re having someone come and inspect it next week. So I might be contacting them to see about removing and putting the panels back up, if our new roof is installed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since I wanted to save some money, I looked into solar energy services. Enrolling with Dividend Solar was pretty easy. I would’ve liked some stuff explained a little better. Other than that, everything’s been pretty good. They got the job done, and I had a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was initially very satisfied with Dividend Solar. The first person who came to my door and persuaded me to go with it was very professional and knowledgeable. But since he left the company and someone else took over, I felt that things are not working out the way I thought they were going to and I have not been pleased. Initially, there were figures given upfront, but those figures don't seem to be tying in. I'm very satisfied with the product, but not with the financial end. I don't know what's going on. I can't talk to anyone. I'd like to talk to someone that can give me actual figures. I'm getting charged and it's taken out of my checking account. Now it's two different figures but it's nothing close to what they said they were gonna do on the initial paperwork. I'm not very satisfied with that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had some trouble getting Duke Power to put the meter in. I felt like Vision could have bothered Duke more so I wouldn't have to bother them so much, but they were all a little too friendly and nice. I had to really fight with them to get things moving because Duke were just idiots. It took Duke up to six weeks so Vision could've been more helpful with it. Other than this, everything's good. Vision did a really good job. They sent out the proposal, which changed a number of times at my request. The guy who got on the roof and did the plan was nice. The guys who installed the system were great and did it in one day. They were very easy to work with. My first month of solar power had a $16 power bill.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Some friends told me about solar energy services, then I started reading on it and it looked pretty. I enrolled with Dividend, and it was real good and there was no problem at all. My wife and I are really satisfied with what Dividend has done. She's satisfied with their customer service, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went solar after hearing good things about it and so far, I'm satisfied. Signing up with Dividend Solar is easy. Their customer service is good. Everything was taken cared of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We first heard of Dividend Solar through the solar company we went through. I'm satisfied with them now but it was a painstakingly long process. There was a lot of waiting, them not getting back to us, and not knowing what was going on. I think the energy companies are not allowing things to go through really fast because they're losing customers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had already been planning on getting solar energy services and Dividend Solar just made themselves available. The enrollment process was easy but it just took a lot longer than anticipated because a lot of people were doing it at that time. I also never had any problems with any of their people directly. I haven't seen my first energy bill yet but I'm sure it will work out. I'm glad I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I wanted to know what it's like to experience solar energy services. We called Dividend Solar, got the estimation and went from there. They had it done in a couple of days and then they were gone. It was an easy process and customer service has been great. We're very satisfied. We haven't had anything wrong with the system and no power surges. So far it's been good and we try to recommend Dividend Solar to a lot of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Dividend Solar was really good on the front end, but not so good on the back end. There was no problem getting approved for loans and the submittal, but then it was difficult to figure out how to get into their system to track the results and the loan. But once I got it worked out, it’s been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A guy was walking through the neighborhood trying to sell solar energy and knocked on my door. I had already been looking into solar energy and was just trying to find the right company to go with and the biggest thing that sold me about Dividend was the fact that they have a branch devoted to the ‘solar power loans’ (Dividend Solar EmpowerLoan) and there was no money out of my pocket from the beginning. I didn’t have to even start the loan or sign up for the loan until I was up and connected. I'm very satisfied with this decision so far.

The enrolling experience was great but I just wish they had a better working relationship with the local power company, CPS, because there was a long delay in me getting connected. That wasn’t their fault though as it had to do with CPS getting me on the grid. The customer service has been very helpful in getting everything clear and understood. I’ve had a couple of interactions with them because of the delays and when the loan started as well as payments were due. We all understood delays happen when having to deal with a third party. But the company that they’re working with is really good, so I have been very happy and it worked out very well. I'd definitely recommend Divided and I already have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dividend Solar was very good, but the contractor was not a good experience. They damaged my roof when they did the installation. They drilled holes in my roof then left them. The rain came and I literally had rain coming through it. There was no support from them other than they did come back and make things work. They also lied to me about how installation was going to be. They said they were going to take out the old panel and replace it with a new one. They sort of did. They left the old panel but replaced it with a new one next to it. It's redundant to have a 40-year old panel that they could’ve just torn off the wall. It's a little more work but in the end result, they'd have a happier customer because that’s what I asked them and what they said they were going to do. I didn’t get it in writing, but got it verbally over the phone. I had to take the panels back down and then put them back up.

The people that they had were not qualified to be doing the work that they were doing. They were working things dangerously and their means and methods were terrible. One of their men had no safety glasses on and got no clue what he’s doing. They also shorted out a panel in front of me. They said they'll have to jump the meter so I can have electricity for the night and bring it back to Home Depot. I told them I'll see what’s going on and I had to troubleshoot them and tell them what they did wrong. It’s not what I paid for. I’m an electrical contractor and could’ve done it myself. They also didn’t give me the system they promised me, like I could have a means of adding a battery pack to the system at a later date, the transfer switch and everything else.

I asked Dividend Solar about roof insurance, which they brushed me off. I’m at odds with going after them for money for the damage they did to the roof. I’m still bouncing around in my head whether I want to take them to court for the damages and the misrepresentation. I requested them to contact me and they did not. It’s one thing I am not happy with. As far as the loan and the process, I was very happy with the way it all went down. But following through and protecting their customer against the installer, they didn’t follow through with that. I’m glad that it’s all done and over with. At least the system is working now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've always wanted solar panels but for a while, they weren’t very affordable. My friends in California have them and they’re really happy with them. When Vision Solar came around and they were affordable through Dividend Solar, I decided to do it too. It was off to a slow start but now that they’re installed, I’ve been really happy with how they’ve been producing. Also, I like their web interaction where there is a portal that I can go in to check on the daily output of the system. I also like to check it on cloudy days versus sunny days. I really appreciate that. I think everyone should go solar especially in this part of the US.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I hoped to have a lower electric bill so I looked into solar energy services and got into Dividend Solar. During enrollment, we had some issues getting the paperwork done and also a few issues with our building since we bought a building for ours to go on. We've gotten that taken care of. However, they need to have their installers a little bit more knowledgeable about what they need to tell people and to make sure that their building people are good. Still, it has been a pretty good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A sales guy came to show me that Dividend Solar is the best option for me and that I can save money through it. It was really easy enrolling in their services. I found all the information to do that and I didn’t have any issues when I tried it. I'm very satisfied because I can see in each of the energy bills that I save money with the solar option. The service is really good and it's been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

With a monthly budget plan, we're usually paying about $285 a month on our electric bill, which was so high, so we looked into solar energy services. This person who had installed our security system – the monitoring, the computer access, and our phone access - had to come back and fix it because we changed internet providers. He told us about how he was installing the solar panels. That was something we had been interested in but we weren’t thinking about looking into it for a while. He said the installation and the equipment would be free and we would just be paying for the monthly service for 20 years for $204, and we thought that it would be good for us because we’ll be saving some money.

Dividend Solar kept me informed as to what was happening and why there was a delay. First, we had to put it off because we had some damage to our roof that we had to get taken care of first. We notified the solar company, and they installed the panels after that was done. They finally hooked it up to the electric grid, so last month, we had the bill that was about half a month and it was good. This month, we got the first whole bill, which was $204 but we had a little bit of money left over in electric bills.

Their customer service has been really good when I had to ask questions or when they contacted me monthly to let me know what’s going on. They didn’t leave me wondering. There’s one part of the contract where the bill is a large amount, so I asked about that. My system was installed by the end of last year, and they’re going to push back that amount of money. When we get money from a cash write-off, then, we’ll pay it towards Dividend. Additionally, a person I know said she has been planning on getting Dividend but she just wanted to get somebody else’s input, so when she called me and asked questions about the system, I told her that I would recommend it to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's the best decision for us to go solar. And, enrolling with Dividend Solar was easy. They came in and made sure that everything was according to the agreement. We're very satisfied with them. They're professional and it was a smooth-sailing transaction.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had used Dividend Solar previously when they were Freedom Solar. We're a returning customer. We like the reduction in our electricity cost and we're very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to lower our bills so we decided to go solar and so far, it was good. The enrollment process of Dividend Solar was good too and they were very organized. We really like them. They were informative and they give good products. It has been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking up solar energy services online to try and lower our electric bill, that's how Dividend Solar came into the picture. We're happy meeting with the Dividend Solar representative - Seth. He is really good. We were told the installation was going to take a while and it did, but once we got it in, it was nice having it. Every time we had a question, customer service answered it. It was scary switching over but Dividend made us feel comfortable. It was a really good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My energy bills were ridiculously high then I found out about Dividend Solar. Though we initially got denied when we enrolled due to a bill issue which was eventually resolved, signing up with them was very easy. Customer service was friendly and courteous. The whole process has been seamless and smooth. It has been a rewarding experience with Dividend. I'm very satisfied so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was thinking about solar services for a while and a lot of the neighbors had done it, and I decided to do it to save money on electric and also to get the SREC. The enrollment with Dividend Solar was very good - a lot of the paperwork was online which was helpful. Everything went smoothly and there were no hiccups, it was very easy. Plus, working with their customer service was very good - they're very friendly and helpful. In the beginning, I've only had to call once to set my own lineup. Moreover, I like how Dividend Solar worked with the solar providers so I didn't have to go looking for my line with financing. They also offered a great product, Four Solar, and it was a very seamless transaction. I'm very satisfied with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked into solar services since I like to stay up with the latest technology and I was motivated by the federal tax credit. I'm a hundred percent satisfied that I went solar. The only difficulty with Dividend that I have known is when you make the payment, they don’t actually take it out until the specific day of the month, which seems a little different. It seems like you should be able to make payments throughout the month, but it’s just one day of the month. Other than that, everything is fine and it has been a very good and easy experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had no issues with Dividend Solar during enrollment. The only issue I had was getting hooked up. The system was installed in October and it finally got in operation on 21st of March. Vision Solar didn’t have one meter in place so they had to rebook and to me, that was a joke. Six months was ridiculous. I’ve only got two bills since the system has been up and running. I definitely see the advantage but it hasn't been running enough to be able to bank enough electricity yet.

The first month, my power bill is $25. It was in operation for 21 out of the 29 days. This month, my bill was $55 in electricity but it was a full month of running and I’ve also got the AC running 24/7 and we had a bunch of rainy days so it wasn’t making as much. I’m keeping track of the meter readings along with the CPS to see if they took the right meter reading because I got three meters on there. But still, $55 is not bad to have a 3200 square foot house with air conditioning running 24/7. Last year, I was paying an average of $180.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother-in-law and sister had solar energy at their house and it seemed like a good idea. The solar company directed me to Dividend Solar. I called them and got a hold of one gentleman who was very nice and answered all my questions. Their people are knowledgeable, helpful, quick, and they took care of everything. Everything went smooth.

Question and Answers - Dividend Solar

What problem is Dividend Solar trying to solve?

Dividend Solar was founded to provide homeowners a better, simpler way to own their solar energy system. With our $0-down EmpowerLoan™, homeowners can save money from day 1 with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense. Our online application process is simple, paperless and allows you to be pre-qualified instantly from the comfort of your home.

Not sure who is the best installer near you? We have already identified and partnered with the best quality-obsessed local installation partners in your neighborhood to ensure our customers get the best product and service.

Making the decision to go solar used to be difficult, with few financing options available and even less transparency on installation quality and cost. Now, with Dividend Solar, you can own your solar system with no money down, maximize your savings through solar ownership, get connected with a pre-vetted quality installer, receive the tax credits and other incentives, and save far more money than leasing your system.

There has never been a better time to go solar. And now, with Dividend Solar, there has never been a better way.

What sets Dividend Solar apart from the competition?

By financing your system with Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan, you lock in performance guarantees, warranty management and system production monitoring alongside the financial benefits of actually owning your system. With attractive rates, a simple and paperless application process and partnerships with the highest-quality installers in your neighborhood, Dividend Solar makes the process of going solar easier than ever before.

We pride ourselves on delivering nothing short of the best service for our customers. Give us a call – we would love to speak with you about all of the benefits of our EmpowerLoan.

What needs does Dividend Solar fulfill, and how does Dividend Solar fulfill those needs better than the competition?

The solar industry has exploded in the last few years due to sharply declining system costs and the introduction of solar leases/PPAs, which enabled homeowners to go solar without a large, upfront cash outlay for the first time. This model has been great for solar and enabled the industry to drive costs even lower.

However, the more recent introduction of the solar loan and other ownership options now allows homeowners to maximize the savings from going solar. If you are able to use the federal tax credit and other incentives that are often available, solar ownership is the best option. Dividend Solar’s $0-down EmpowerLoan offers the benefits of a solar lease/PPA, while shifting the economics of solar back to you – the homeowner.

Another great part about our loan: we have no pre-payment penalties, so you can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Get a bonus at work or want to use the savings on your utility bill to pay off your loan sooner? Very easy to do with one click on your account.

Lastly, many other solar loan providers put a lien on your home, but that’s not something we require. We do maintain a security interest in the system itself while the loan is outstanding, but we never put a lien on your home.

How does Dividend Solar measure success?

Success for Dividend Solar is another happy homeowner who is saving money. Our goal is to help people switch to renewable energy and save money in the process. That’s a pretty cool gig if you ask us.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Dividend Solar?

The most common misconception about solar: “it must be really difficult and expensive to do this.” Previously, it actually was a painful process to go solar: trips to the bank, piles of paperwork, trying to find the right installer, permitting with the utility company, confusion if the system wasn’t working, etc.

As the solar industry has evolved, it has become extremely easy to go solar – particularly with the rise of $0-down financing options like the EmpowerLoan. Today, you can sign up on our site, be prequalified instantly with no paperwork required, get connected with the best local installer in your area, and set up a “site survey” of your home in a matter of days.

How has the solar industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The solar industry has changed significantly in the past 5-10 years, as the cost of solar has dropped dramatically. Previously solely an environmental dream, solar is now an economic reality in many parts of the U.S.

The industry has also shifted towards direct ownership, as homeowners have become more aware of the benefits of owning vs. leasing their solar PV system. Previously, third-party ownership options such as a lease or Power Purchase Agreement helped the solar industry grow significantly, but as more loan financing options have become available, more and more homeowners are asking for loans so that they can maximize their savings.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dividend Solar?

We absolutely love what we do. We have built our team full of people who strive to give an A+ customer experience, every day of the week. You can call us on any of the 7 days and speak with a real human who will be excited to talk with you.

Has Dividend Solar received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Dividend Solar is a proud supporter of Women in Solar Energy, a member of the Solar Energy Industry Association and the American Sustainable Business Council, and an A Rated company by the Better Business Bureau.

Dividend Solar Company Profile