Complete Solar

San Mateo, CA

Complete Solar offers custom solar solutions unique to your home to deliver optimal energy output. With our proprietary software platform, HelioQuote™, we save you money with the industry’s most streamlined and quick installation. Contact us for a no cost evaluation and find out if your home is a good fit for solar. Currently serving California residents.

Compare Solar Energy Companies

Research top Solar Energy Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Installation was fine 2 1/2 years ago. But promised costs are now 50% higher, and there is nothing available to sell back to the grid. I asked for 18 panels and was told that 15 would be adequate. It's clearly not. I've been trying for two weeks to talk with my two contacts at Complete Solar, Christina ** or Zorana **. Neither has phoned back after several calls, messages and long waits. What is wrong with this company's service?? My only apparent alternative is to stop paying my bill and wait to be sued.

I requested Complete Solar to redesign the panel location and direction so that it is in compliant with California Energy Commission recommendation. I wanted to have the panels face through south and west instead of south. Although Complete Solar have redesigned the panel installation, they are taking too long, more than 2-3 weeks, to schedule appointments to restart the installation. They aren't scheduling their installation at the convenience of the homeowner. Their customer support calls takes 10 minutes before I can talk to a representative.

For every question I had, they were able to answer and more. They gave me all of the information I needed and I am very glad I chose to go to this company. Everyone was very friendly. Obviously Solar Energy isn't cheap, but even after a short time, it is starting to pay for itself. They offer good prices and it will pay for itself. I am extremely happy with my purchase and strongly recommend you to get Solar from this company too. I have told all of my friends about it, and they are all happy with it too. They made setup easy, and helped through the whole process. It isn't super easy however, but you will be able to do it with their help.

It was awesome until the company kept calling so I decided to block their number. But they found more ways to contact us. Which is an awful experience. I was able to use my credit card. They did not discourage any other payment methods though. So go on ahead and try them out. They are a great company and they will fulfill your needs. The value was great. I got more than I bargained for. Which is not a bad thing. I wish they would stop calling though. I'd telling them not to call you if you want to be at peace. Other than that everything was great. They did all the setup process. I wasn't there to see it though. They finished in like 2 hours I heard.

When I made my purchase, I had a few questions, so I emailed customer service. They were so kind and understanding about my problems. I got a response very quickly and they just treat you like family. The value is extremely high due mainly to the quality of the product and the money I save on my energy bills each month. The products are very sturdy as well. They made the setup extremely easy for me and simplified the instructions quite a bit where I didn't understand them and walked me through it step by step.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Complete Solar?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

The installation guys from Complete Solar were friendly and answered any question I asked. They're easy to work with and I'm satisfied with the solar itself. However, I had two issues with them. First issue was during the installation. We need local electricity company SDG to come over to verify the installation so I called Complete Solar. They said they will let me know when they will come over. After their inspection, if it's okay, we can supposedly switch it on. But after almost three weeks they haven't called me. I finally called them to ask about the schedule. We found out that they forgot to contact SDG. I'm not very satisfied because I waited for 3 weeks.

Second, when their sales came over, they told me I can save electricity on non-summer season as it will go into the grid. They said that at the end of the year, SDG will calculate how many went to the grid and how many I've actually used. Then they will give me a one year bill statement. But after the installation and switching everything on, I found out it's not the case. SDG will charge me the current rate for the month if I use any power from the grid and if I save more, I give to them. They will use whatever the price or the lowest in the market rate and purchase the power from me.

Apparently, I didn't save because I don't use that much unless it's summer. For summer I still probably need to pay for the higher cost. So at first said yearly but right now, it's per month which is different from what I understood in the beginning. I still haven't exactly read the contract but it's already a done deal. I don't need to read my contract anymore. It's just a surprise to find out about it and I'm not too happy.

I wanted to save money on electrical bills and get off the grid as much as possible. Complete Solar was one of the lowest bids in terms of pricing and has the ability to get the job done on a quick timeline. Their people were dependable, did what they said they were going to do, showed up when they said they were going to show up, and got the job done in a timely way. They were courteous, easy to work with, and did a good job. I've been talking to people about Complete Solar.

I'm a senior and have a very tight fixed income. Other solar companies weren't willing to talk about leasing, and Ben, from Complete Solar, did a really good job in explaining things and working with people. He thoroughly went through and analyzed everything for me really well. Found out that I would be able to qualify and afford to do the lease program, so I'm very happy with that.

It's been really well since I've decided to switch to solar. The only problem that I had was with some of the project managers. I wasn't happy with one person specifically. That person would never call back or wouldn't follow up on stuff. So, I would just get a hold of Ben and he would talk to them and finally, things would get resolved. But a couple of the project managers didn't really seem to be with it, or else, that they were quite overwhelmed with how many people here decided to come in on the program. Maybe a little bit more training should be done because it was quite frustrating.

In one instance, the permit for my installation was signed on the 23rd of December and it just sat for quite a few months. I kept contacting the project manager and she told me, "Oh, that was mailed to you.." It never was, because one day, two men in a plain white van walked up to me and asked me what my name was and verified my address. They said, "Here, this is your permit for all of these stuff." They weren't good at tracking stuff like that. Then we get scheduled, and she turned around and canceled me saying, "Oh, it can't be done now." But then, the person next door to me would get it done over at their house. That was frustrating, so I turned and got another project manager. I ended up with somebody else that was very good. She really turned things around for me.

I had a good installation, but I had a problem after the system was installed. I kept getting an error message that said, "Information was not being relayed through to SunPower." That was the problem with no connection with the wireless - the information wasn't flowing. Complete Solar would never do anything about it, and took almost two months to get somebody over here to fix everything. The guy that I ended up getting was subcontracted for Complete Solar. He was very good and nice. I told him what I felt and thought, and then ended up being right.

Also, even though I watched the installer pull out brand new parts and unwrap everything, two of those parts were bad. And it took two months to get somebody to come out and check that stuff out. I have a sister that lives here too and she was quite frustrated because it's people in here that kept calling SDGE. I found out that there's only one SDGE person that does the final inspection to get your paperwork and everything lined up with SDGE to be able to hook on up. It shouldn't be others doing that because that's supposed to be the project manager's job.

But overall, I'm very happy with it because I'm very pleased with everything now that I got my system up to speed, and that makes the difference. I'm very conscientious about my energy usage. My bill is definitely going down because we all know SDGE is screwing everybody. They're gonna do it again in August because they're jacking everything up again. Initially, I wasn't gonna go in to the program because my overall electric bill used to always be around $50 to $56 at my house. Well, all of a sudden, it started jumping up to the high hundreds. Then, it doubled into the high two hundreds. And then, it was starting to go into the three hundreds and I can't afford that.

I was looking into solar energy installations as a way to reduce the very high cost on electric bills and I chose Complete Solar for the price per energy that I was gonna get. Their people were professional and courteous and the person managing the project kept me informed of what was going on. It was a good experience working with them. Complete Solar's service is outstanding and they delivered good value.

We had a high electricity bill and wanted to be more environmentally conscious. We went with Complete Solar and it was a very good experience overall. There were outstanding permits on our home from previous owners which we had to clear up. Completer Solar was patient with us and even gave us an additional discount to cover for those additional permits.

I have not been satisfied. I don't think Complete Solar had put enough panels on or they have figured it out right because I had them come back last year and put another 12 panels. The system doesn’t seem like it does like with my friends who have their solar. But they are in different areas. Also, I can’t monitor my solars. I’ve only been able to monitor every once in a while and then they keep coming up and adding more stuff. I've given up. Everybody I know that has solar can monitor each panel. I would not recommend Complete Solar.

I was with a different company but they didn't have the plug-outs for my roof. So when the person I was working with suggested Complete Solar, I went with them. My experience has been solid and fine. So far, it's been good since the installation and it was nice that I didn't have to pay for electricity last month. I'm happy with Complete Solar.

When I called Complete Solar, they were very friendly. They told me what kinds of panels they had and I liked that they had what I wanted. I also like the contractors whom they contract. I'm really impressed with everything. They installed the solar panels only in December. Back then I had to pay $10 but now my bills are always negative, so I'm expecting some paycheck back - and it's only April. The only thing was that they promised to send me paperwork for my tax rebate and they didn't send me. It's the only minus thing but the bulk of it is great. Getting solar has been the best decision I've made in the last year. I'm really happy. I already recommended Complete Solar to my friends.

Complete Solar did an installation for us many years ago. This is our second system that we've had installed through them. Their salesperson was very helpful. Their people were great and they did a good job. With Complete Solar, we reduced our bill every month.

Complete Solar stopped by the house at a proper timing. I decided to go with them and the installation was done faster than I anticipated which was definitely a good thing. Working with Complete Solar has been very efficient. It was a really painless experience for me and everything went as smoothly as it could. I'm satisfied with my decision to go solar and I like the benefit of it to the planet.

Complete Solar didn't waste any time and got right to it like they said they were going to do it. We got along well with them and we communicated back and forth. I watched them put the panels up and everything that was needed. They also explained to me what they were doing, how and why they were doing it. Any other questions that I had to ask were answered too. It was very cleanly done. Probably with the good weather that we've had, it has produced what they said they were supposed to produce. It has reversed usage and seems to be putting out everything that was expected of it so we're very satisfied.

One of my friends had Complete Solar install his solar panels and he told me about them. So, I called them and everything went smoothly except after they completed the installation. They’re a little slow on the uptake with some of the secondary installation issues like setting up the internet and router for the monitoring. It took them a while to get that set up, which was surprising because they did everything else quickly. The office people I've dealt with were very nice. They tried to make sure things went a little bit better once I told them I had an issue. All in all, it was good and I’ve been satisfied.

I was searching for solar companies online and got quotes from several of them. I evaluated them not just based on their price, but also how much information those people giving me the quotes could give me about why they were choosing that system. I decided to go with Complete Solar by my impressions of how organized they were. I had another company that I was looking at who failed to get back to me in a timely manner several times, and so I eliminated them.

Complete Solar was pretty straightforward. There were some problems with the permitting process and I felt like for a while, Complete Solar wasn’t really paying attention. So I don’t know whether they were just not updating me on the status or if it was just that they were taking a long time to schedule things with the city. So it went a lot slower in the middle than I expected, but overall, it was okay.

I looked into solar energy because of the difference in cost, and I went with Complete Solar because they do it on a loan or lease type of arrangement. So far, I've had no problem.

I worked with SolarCity before and I had a bad experience with them. They were out here five times for hours trying to deal with my open-beamed roof, and they brought the wrong equipment. In the end, I cancelled the contract with them and went with Complete Solar. I was really impressed with their salesperson and they knew what they were doing. And, they have a project manager who’s very much on top of everything. They’re an excellent company to work with.

I wanted to get solar power to lower my energy bill and to reduce pollution. I wanted to buy the system and not lease it, and Complete Solar was able to sell me the system. They came in with a good system for a good price and I'm very satisfied. I would recommend them to a friend. Its greatest benefit is getting free electricity while the sun's shining. However, they would gain enormously if they have much better software than what they provide that's done by Enlighten. The software is a very poor system and could be an awful lot better if a little bit of work is put into it. It doesn't allow the homeowner an effective way to properly manage the cost.

Working with Complete Solar was a nice experience. They explained to me what they were going to do and then they did it. I would recommend them to other people.

My neighbor used Complete Solar for a solar installation. We talked about his experience and based on that, I decided to hire them. The referral had a lot to do with my decision because I was able to talk to somebody personally that I knew that liked their product and customer service. But I did search of other solar companies in the area and the different packages that they had to offer - weighing the decisions either rent or buy. And because I wanted to buy, Complete Solar was a good choice for me. It’s really too early to tell if I'm satisfied with going solar because I just went live this month in April. But in tracking what I’m producing as far as energy, it looks like it’s tracking really well. I won’t be able to tell until I can see a full year’s worth of benefit overall.

Since installation, I've been satisfied with the decision to go solar and I like the fact that I can monitor it. I went with Complete Solar because of their price and they did everything that they said they were going to do. My experience with them was good and I have no complaints.

A friend of mine, who had Complete Solar put in his house, referred them to me. We had looked into a lot of different other companies and we chose Complete Solar since they were the ones willing to work with us and do the style of work needed in our house. Since the installation, I have been satisfied with going solar and the greatest benefit so far is the cost savings. The customer service is really good and Ryan, the rep, was awesome. We just had a customer call from them. They called us saying that there was no service but they’ll be on top of everything. I have also participated in their Share the Sun program and referred other people.

Going solar is better for the environment and I had to have it then so I'd been searching for someone who can finance solar energy but I was out of work for a while and could not afford it. Other companies wouldn't finance me and when they found I didn't qualify, they dumped me. They were rude about it on the phone too. Complete Solar was willing to work with me and they said they'd get me financed. Even though it seemed that most likely I will not qualify, they still gave me the time, gave it a try and it worked. So I was happy with that. The entire process has been easy. They've been very helpful the whole way and easy to work with. They would contact me if something happened and made sure things were on schedule.

On the other hand, I'm confused on my bill with SDG&E and I wasn't sure if it's normal to see two bills. I want to make sure that was how it was supposed to work. Also, I like to pay things online and for some reason, I can't. I have to now write a check for it. But overall, I've had a great experience with Complete Solar. I have told a few people about them.

I have chosen Complete Solar because of the benefits they were offering. They were knowledgeable and easy to work with. Everything was good up until I got a $500 bill from Southern California Edison on top of what I'm paying and they said basically that the solar panels aren't making enough electricity, to cover my usage.

I’m saving money on my electric bill so I researched solar energy. Complete Solar had a better and longer roof-leak warranty and they provided monitoring for 15 years. I compared them with other providers, and they won out overall on price and what they were offering. Their team was really nice and helpful, too. They followed through and did everything that they said they would do. Since they got busy around the holidays, I had a couple of delayed response times. But overall, they delivered when they said they would and I enjoyed working with them. They did a good job and I would recommend them. It was a fun, exciting and rewarding experience with them.

I was curious about solar energy and whether it would work for us, and when I talked to Complete Solar's salesperson, who has been friendly and informative, he showed me some information and numbers which looked good to me, so I went with them. The installation went smoothly although there was a couple of months' delay. I was expecting to have it installed before the winter. Electric bills hit, but it didn't actually occur until two months later. There were a few issues with the city building department regarding the permit but it was good that they took care of it.

But the financing situation with Complete Solar is not all that great. They said it's not really a lease, but it feels like one because I'm paying them with interest. I wasn't able to purchase the panels outright in the beginning and benefit from the tax benefits that I might have gotten. They did put the solar panel in and the installation didn't cost me anything upfront, but over the 20 years, I'm not sure if I'll come out ahead. The leasing company is getting the better end of that deal. I wish I could purchase it, but I'm not sure if I was financially able to purchase it outright and cut off some of the interest that I'm having to pay.

But so far, I've been satisfied with my decision to go solar even though I haven't had a lot of time to research and compare the total amount of money I'm spending on power. I still get some electric bills which I was hoping that solar would eliminate. That hasn't happened, but I seem to have a more even utility bill throughout the year which was helpful. I'm using electric heaters so in the winter, I used to get a spike in electric bills which was my biggest problem. But things went well and Complete Solar seem to be a good company.

We wanted to reduce the cost of our electricity bill and got cold called by Complete Solar. Only time will tell how well these solar panels were installed. The workman knocked a hole on the inside of the house from where they installed the electric panel and they sent a guy to repair it, but it was not well-done. So we hired a man to come in and fix the damage.

Expert Review

Zachary ShahanSolar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.    More about Zachary→

Complete Solar is a company devoted to designing and installing residential solar power systems. The company offers a range of services, and much of its success comes from a proprietary technology that helps clients choose specific features while staying within their budgets.

• Quick installations: Complete Solar has a streamlined process that makes it possible to design and install complete solar power systems in just a few weeks.
  • Solar optimization services: Proprietary software lets Complete Software improve solar optimization by considering shade, weather and other factors that might influence how well each customer's system functions.
  • Custom solar solutions: Since each home presents unique variables, Complete Solar create system mock ups so they can test ideas for efficiency.
  • Power purchase agreement: While solar panel installation has become more affordable in recent years, Complete Solar still offers a power purchase agreement that lets clients keep costs even lower by paying for the electricity they use instead of panels, power inverters and other expensive equipment.
  • Attractive panel placement: Complete Solar can provide several mock ups to help homeowners decide how they want to hide solar panels or place them in attractive arrangements that can enhance a home's appearance.
  • Best for Families, homeowners who want affordable access to solar power, and small & large businesses.

Compare Solar Energy Companies