2. Solar Energy

San Mateo, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Complete Solar offers custom solar solutions unique to your home to deliver optimal energy output with quick, streamlined installation. Its proprietary software platform, HelioQuote, delivers customized solar electric solutions that can save you money. Complete Solar provides no-cost evaluations in California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Utah.

BOTTOM LINE

Complete Solar's streamlined, cost-effective installation process and custom solar plans are great if you live in a state where it offers services. Its innovative software allows you to get the most out of your solar energy system.

PROS

• Custom solar plans
    • Proprietary software platform
    • Fast installations

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Complete Solar Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Complete Solar?

Complete Solar didn't waste any time and got right to it like they said they were going to do it. We got along well with them and we communicated back and forth. I watched them put the panels up and everything that was needed. They also explained to me what they were doing, how and why …

… They gave me all of the information I needed and I am very glad I chose to go to this company. Everyone was very friendly. … They offer good prices and it will pay for itself. I am extremely happy with my purchase and strongly recommend you to get solar from this company too.

About Complete Solar

Complete Solar sells directly to customers, so there is no middleman. It partners with roofing contractors, installers, finance companies and marketing firms to deliver fast, cost-effective products and services.

Prices are competitive within the market, and customers report being satisfied with the quick installation process and friendly customer service reps. Every quote includes a shade analysis, savings projections, blueprints for your solar system and a mockup of how the panels will look on your roof along with a guaranteed price.

Complete Solar costs

Depending on the size of your system and how you decide to pay for it, Complete Solar's solar energy systems cost from $0 to $40,000. The traditional purchase option costs between $20,000 and $40,000 and is ideal for those who don’t mind making a more substantial upfront payment. These systems typically pay for themselves within five to 10 years.

Complete Solar also offers Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) in some states. With a PPA, Complete Solar takes care of designing, installing and maintaining your system for $0 to $500. You agree to purchase the power that the panels generate at a set price. If you have an average energy bill of more than $150 a month, you should start to see reduced utility bills within a month of installation.

Complete Solar installation

Complete Solar installs solar panels on any home and roof type, and its full-service business model means you are taken care of before, during and after installation. The entire installation process takes a few weeks. Complete Solar’s extensive experience with permitting enables the company to streamline the time-intensive process, reduce wait times and paperwork and receive permits faster.

After your home’s individual energy needs are assessed, a Complete Solar expert visits your home to determine how your roof impacts the solar panel installation process. Complete Solar then takes care of all permitting details as well as any rebates or tax incentives that you may benefit from when switching to solar.

Installation work is usually completed two to three days after everything has been approved. Once the panels are installed, the system is inspected by your city’s utility company. When this final inspection is complete, a production meter is installed and your home starts using solar power.

Complete Solar FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Complete Solar?
        Complete Solar uses innovative photovoltaic (PV) solar panel systems. This type of system generates electric power by using solar cells to convert energy from the sun into a flow of electrons.
        Does Complete Solar provide a warranty?
        Yes, Complete Solar provides a 20-year warranty on all components, including panels, mounts and inverters.
        Where is Complete Solar available?
        Complete Solar is available in California, Utah, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts.
        Does Complete Solar offer net metering?
        Yes, Complete Solar offers net metering. Net metering allows homeowners to receive full credit for the solar energy they generate.

Do we recommend Complete Solar?

Yes, we recommend Complete Solar. It has earned a reputation in the industry for offering customized solar options for homes and businesses. Its innovative software allows you to get the most out of your solar system, and the company provides fast installation. Complete Solar works with solar sales organizations, installers, roofing experts and contractors, marketing firms and finance companies so that you have everything you need for a seamless transition to solar.

Complete Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Complete Solar?

Original review: May 7, 2020

Very easy customer service experience. Has been happy with the service over the past 10 years and I will continue to be a satisfied customer. Thank you. Hope and other customers can find the same comfort and same experience. They work hard to please our customers.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I think customer service could be improved upon. Faster response times for one. Courteous service. Although overall I think this company is really doing a good and efficient job. The warranty could definitely be longer for the product to be worth it.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Three years ago I had my system installed by another company but before the install was complete the company went bankrupt. Fast forward till now, I made contact with Complete Solar and in particular Richard and Christine at the home office and they took care of me and had the install completed. They were prompt and a pleasure to deal with. Thank You Complete Solar!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Initial experience was great. Sales person was helpful and panels went up quickly. Problem was they put a system that was too much for my electric usage. Never bothered to tell me it was rejected and had to find out from parent company Sunrun who said I failed inspection 2x. I said I didn't know there was an inspection. Contacted Complete Solar to ask about it and they said I need to find out from electric company what I qualify for. This should have been done beforehand by them before putting on roof!! They had to come out take panels off my roof and patch it. They were supposed to resubmit proper papers and have continually dropped the ball. I have to constantly follow up. I wish I could just have them removed and never got involved with them. It's been 14 months since installation and I still can't use my panels. This was the worst decision I ever made regarding a service/product. I hope to have them connected before I die.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I want to give two thumbs up to Complete Solar. I met Rob and Dennis a few months ago in Anaheim and they told me about the Edison Net Energy Metering Program and how this all worked. They took the time to explain it to me so I totally understood everything. They then walked me through the process and showed me how the design of solar panels would work, where they would go on my roof and how much my savings would be. I had been paying an average of $180 per month to Edison--with Complete Solar they were able to lower that to $101 a month fixed and guaranteed with absolutely no out of pocket costs.

I have gotten my first bill, this is amazing! No more $300 bills this summer. The process was pretty fast and smooth. They had someone come out to measure the roof, and within a couple of weeks the panels were installed and then I was hooked up. If you have a high Edison bill this is a great program, there are no out of pocket costs and they were professional in the way things were explained and I am really glad I went solar with such a good company that made it easy.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Ok the beginning part of our solar experience was great. Sales person was friendly and helpful. However, once they installed them they didn't give us any information into the process. They came and installed and left without saying anything. We didn't know if they were on or not, but I knew it needed to be inspected by the city. So a couple weeks go by and I get a call for me to go turn it on. I have no electrical experience and have no clue how to turn on solar panels. So I go see if all the switches are switched to on and the one that wasn't I switched to on. Several months later our bill was still the same for power, maybe a little higher. So I call and they tell me to check my solar monitoring app. "What app?" I say apparently I was supposed to receive instructions on how to set it up but I had no clue. "Ok, we will get the instructions sent right over", they say.

A week and half later, some random guy drops by to tinker with the solar panels, leaves a message with my 10 year old which I don't get and leaves without ever letting us know he was there. I call to ask my sales person what's up and I don't get an answer but finally get the stuff to set up my monitoring program a couple hours after I left a voicemail. Come to find out the solar panels were never actually on, which they blamed me for since apparently I am a solar expert and should know how to turn them on. I call and complain and they say, "In a year we can call you and collect all your production information and then maybe give you some type of compensation then." There are so many solar companies out there. This one is not worth the hassle!!! They will leave you guessing at every step of the install.

Original review: March 29, 2017

We had solar panels installed and had pigeons move in. Complete Solar agreed to have their in house dept come put netting up and block the pigeons from living under my panels. They only did part of the job you could see from the street. They refuse to come out and do the job properly and refuse to send a electrician out to check to make sure the wiring did not get chewed up by the pigeons.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Installation was fine 2 1/2 years ago. But promised costs are now 50% higher, and there is nothing available to sell back to the grid. I asked for 18 panels and was told that 15 would be adequate. It's clearly not. I've been trying for two weeks to talk with my two contacts at Complete Solar, Christina ** or Zorana **. Neither has phoned back after several calls, messages and long waits. What is wrong with this company's service?? My only apparent alternative is to stop paying my bill and wait to be sued.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I requested Complete Solar to redesign the panel location and direction so that it is in compliant with California Energy Commission recommendation. I wanted to have the panels face through south and west instead of south. Although Complete Solar have redesigned the panel installation, they are taking too long, more than 2-3 weeks, to schedule appointments to restart the installation. They aren't scheduling their installation at the convenience of the homeowner. Their customer support calls takes 10 minutes before I can talk to a representative.

Original review: July 7, 2016

For every question I had, they were able to answer and more. They gave me all of the information I needed and I am very glad I chose to go to this company. Everyone was very friendly. Obviously Solar Energy isn't cheap, but even after a short time, it is starting to pay for itself. They offer good prices and it will pay for itself. I am extremely happy with my purchase and strongly recommend you to get Solar from this company too. I have told all of my friends about it, and they are all happy with it too. They made setup easy, and helped through the whole process. It isn't super easy however, but you will be able to do it with their help.

Complete Solar Company Information