2. Solar Energy

San Mateo, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

Looking for the best solar energy company?

Complete Solar offers custom solar solutions unique to your home to deliver optimal energy output. With our proprietary software platform, HelioQuote™, we save you money with the industry’s most streamlined and quick installation. Contact us for a no cost evaluation and find out if your home is a good fit for solar. Currently serving California, Connecticut , New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, and Utah.

Complete Solar Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

Three years ago I had my system installed by another company but before the install was complete the company went bankrupt. Fast forward till now, I made contact with Complete Solar and in particular Richard and Christine at the home office and they took care of me and had the install completed. They were prompt and a pleasure to deal with. Thank You Complete Solar!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Initial experience was great. Sales person was helpful and panels went up quickly. Problem was they put a system that was too much for my electric usage. Never bothered to tell me it was rejected and had to find out from parent company Sunrun who said I failed inspection 2x. I said I didn't know there was an inspection. Contacted Complete Solar to ask about it and they said I need to find out from electric company what I qualify for. This should have been done beforehand by them before putting on roof!! They had to come out take panels off my roof and patch it. They were supposed to resubmit proper papers and have continually dropped the ball. I have to constantly follow up. I wish I could just have them removed and never got involved with them. It's been 14 months since installation and I still can't use my panels. This was the worst decision I ever made regarding a service/product. I hope to have them connected before I die.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I want to give two thumbs up to Complete Solar. I met Rob and Dennis a few months ago in Anaheim and they told me about the Edison Net Energy Metering Program and how this all worked. They took the time to explain it to me so I totally understood everything. They then walked me through the process and showed me how the design of solar panels would work, where they would go on my roof and how much my savings would be. I had been paying an average of $180 per month to Edison--with Complete Solar they were able to lower that to $101 a month fixed and guaranteed with absolutely no out of pocket costs.

I have gotten my first bill, this is amazing! No more $300 bills this summer. The process was pretty fast and smooth. They had someone come out to measure the roof, and within a couple of weeks the panels were installed and then I was hooked up. If you have a high Edison bill this is a great program, there are no out of pocket costs and they were professional in the way things were explained and I am really glad I went solar with such a good company that made it easy.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Ok the beginning part of our solar experience was great. Sales person was friendly and helpful. However, once they installed them they didn't give us any information into the process. They came and installed and left without saying anything. We didn't know if they were on or not, but I knew it needed to be inspected by the city. So a couple weeks go by and I get a call for me to go turn it on. I have no electrical experience and have no clue how to turn on solar panels. So I go see if all the switches are switched to on and the one that wasn't I switched to on. Several months later our bill was still the same for power, maybe a little higher. So I call and they tell me to check my solar monitoring app. "What app?" I say apparently I was supposed to receive instructions on how to set it up but I had no clue. "Ok, we will get the instructions sent right over", they say.

A week and half later, some random guy drops by to tinker with the solar panels, leaves a message with my 10 year old which I don't get and leaves without ever letting us know he was there. I call to ask my sales person what's up and I don't get an answer but finally get the stuff to set up my monitoring program a couple hours after I left a voicemail. Come to find out the solar panels were never actually on, which they blamed me for since apparently I am a solar expert and should know how to turn them on. I call and complain and they say, "In a year we can call you and collect all your production information and then maybe give you some type of compensation then." There are so many solar companies out there. This one is not worth the hassle!!! They will leave you guessing at every step of the install.

Original review: March 29, 2017

We had solar panels installed and had pigeons move in. Complete Solar agreed to have their in house dept come put netting up and block the pigeons from living under my panels. They only did part of the job you could see from the street. They refuse to come out and do the job properly and refuse to send a electrician out to check to make sure the wiring did not get chewed up by the pigeons.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Complete Solar?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Installation was fine 2 1/2 years ago. But promised costs are now 50% higher, and there is nothing available to sell back to the grid. I asked for 18 panels and was told that 15 would be adequate. It's clearly not. I've been trying for two weeks to talk with my two contacts at Complete Solar, Christina ** or Zorana **. Neither has phoned back after several calls, messages and long waits. What is wrong with this company's service?? My only apparent alternative is to stop paying my bill and wait to be sued.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I requested Complete Solar to redesign the panel location and direction so that it is in compliant with California Energy Commission recommendation. I wanted to have the panels face through south and west instead of south. Although Complete Solar have redesigned the panel installation, they are taking too long, more than 2-3 weeks, to schedule appointments to restart the installation. They aren't scheduling their installation at the convenience of the homeowner. Their customer support calls takes 10 minutes before I can talk to a representative.

Original review: July 7, 2016

For every question I had, they were able to answer and more. They gave me all of the information I needed and I am very glad I chose to go to this company. Everyone was very friendly. Obviously Solar Energy isn't cheap, but even after a short time, it is starting to pay for itself. They offer good prices and it will pay for itself. I am extremely happy with my purchase and strongly recommend you to get Solar from this company too. I have told all of my friends about it, and they are all happy with it too. They made setup easy, and helped through the whole process. It isn't super easy however, but you will be able to do it with their help.

Original review: July 3, 2016

It was awesome until the company kept calling so I decided to block their number. But they found more ways to contact us. Which is an awful experience. I was able to use my credit card. They did not discourage any other payment methods though. So go on ahead and try them out. They are a great company and they will fulfill your needs. The value was great. I got more than I bargained for. Which is not a bad thing. I wish they would stop calling though. I'd telling them not to call you if you want to be at peace. Other than that everything was great. They did all the setup process. I wasn't there to see it though. They finished in like 2 hours I heard.

Original review: June 25, 2016

When I made my purchase, I had a few questions, so I emailed customer service. They were so kind and understanding about my problems. I got a response very quickly and they just treat you like family. The value is extremely high due mainly to the quality of the product and the money I save on my energy bills each month. The products are very sturdy as well. They made the setup extremely easy for me and simplified the instructions quite a bit where I didn't understand them and walked me through it step by step.

Not sure about Complete Solar?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right solar energy company for you.

Complete Solar expert review by Zachary Shahan

Devoted to designing and installing residential solar power systems, this company offers a range of services, and much of its success comes from a proprietary technology that helps clients choose specific features while staying within their budgets.

• Quick installations: Complete Solar has a streamlined process that makes it possible to design and install complete solar power systems in just a few weeks.

• Solar optimization services: Proprietary software lets Complete Software improve solar optimization by considering shade, weather and other factors that might influence how well each customer's system functions.

• Custom solar solutions: Since each home presents unique variables, Complete Solar create system mock ups so they can test ideas for efficiency.

• Power purchase agreement: While solar panel installation has become more affordable in recent years, Complete Solar still offers a power purchase agreement that lets clients keep costs even lower by paying for the electricity they use instead of panels, power inverters and other expensive equipment.

• Attractive panel placement: Complete Solar can provide several mockups to help homeowners decide how they want to hide solar panels or place them in attractive arrangements that can enhance a home's appearance.

by Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Complete Solar Company Information