Complete Solaria

Sunrun

Sunrun Reviews

Get Started

About Complete Solaria

Complete Solaria is a solar energy company that combines Complete Solar’s services with Solaria’s solar panels. The company offers custom solar solutions unique to your home to deliver optimal energy output with quick, streamlined installation. Its proprietary software platform, HelioQuote, delivers customized solar electric solutions that can save you money. Complete Solaria provides no-cost evaluations in 14 states.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Custom solar plans
    • Proprietary software platform
    • Fast installations
    Cons
    • Not available in all states
    • Compares poorly on customer service

Complete Solaria Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Complete Solaria?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Complete Solaria?

Reviewed March 26, 2016

I have chosen Complete Solar because of the benefits they were offering. They were knowledgeable and easy to work with. Everything was good up until I got a $500 bill from Southern California Edison on top of what I'm paying and they said basically that the solar panels aren't making enough electricity, to cover my usage.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 25, 2016

I’m saving money on my electric bill so I researched solar energy. Complete Solar had a better and longer roof-leak warranty and they provided monitoring for 15 years. I compared them with other providers, and they won out overall on price and what they were offering. Their team was really nice and helpful, too. They followed through and did everything that they said they would do. Since they got busy around the holidays, I had a couple of delayed response times. But overall, they delivered when they said they would and I enjoyed working with them. They did a good job and I would recommend them. It was a fun, exciting and rewarding experience with them.

Installation & SetupPriceFinancing

Reviewed March 24, 2016

I was curious about solar energy and whether it would work for us, and when I talked to Complete Solar's salesperson, who has been friendly and informative, he showed me some information and numbers which looked good to me, so I went with them. The installation went smoothly although there was a couple of months' delay. I was expecting to have it installed before the winter. Electric bills hit, but it didn't actually occur until two months later. There were a few issues with the city building department regarding the permit but it was good that they took care of it.

But the financing situation with Complete Solar is not all that great. They said it's not really a lease, but it feels like one because I'm paying them with interest. I wasn't able to purchase the panels outright in the beginning and benefit from the tax benefits that I might have gotten. They did put the solar panel in and the installation didn't cost me anything upfront, but over the 20 years, I'm not sure if I'll come out ahead. The leasing company is getting the better end of that deal. I wish I could purchase it, but I'm not sure if I was financially able to purchase it outright and cut off some of the interest that I'm having to pay.

But so far, I've been satisfied with my decision to go solar even though I haven't had a lot of time to research and compare the total amount of money I'm spending on power. I still get some electric bills which I was hoping that solar would eliminate. That hasn't happened, but I seem to have a more even utility bill throughout the year which was helpful. I'm using electric heaters so in the winter, I used to get a spike in electric bills which was my biggest problem. But things went well and Complete Solar seem to be a good company.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

We wanted to reduce the cost of our electricity bill and got cold called by Complete Solar. Only time will tell how well these solar panels were installed. The workman knocked a hole on the inside of the house from where they installed the electric panel and they sent a guy to repair it, but it was not well-done. So we hired a man to come in and fix the damage.

Reviewed March 20, 2016

I wanted to save on electricity cost so I researched about solar energy installation. Since the price that Complete Solar offered was pretty close but slightly less than the others, I decided to get them. But the installation was delayed because the subcontracted installation company weren't very responsive, so they took longer than they were supposed to. They were okay, though. And Complete Solar has been saving me money, so it's pretty good.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

We were referred to Complete Solar by my husband’s work associate. My husband liked that their panels were American made and we got a warranty. Their price was good, too. We’re very happy with them and working with them has been great. We also love the fact that my husband can go online and check energy usage, how much we’re getting back, etc. In addition, Complete Solar did a nice job of installing the panels and they did it in a very quick method. The panels look nice on our roof, too. One can’t really tell that the panels are there unless they’re looking up at the roof.

We’ve been satisfied with our decision to go solar. We do have other homes in other areas but unfortunately, they’re in snowy regions so we can’t put solar panels there. We’re unhappy with PG&E though. Everybody’s getting solar to save energy and PG&E keeps increasing our rates. It’s disheartening because we’re trying to do something for the environment and these people come back and say, “Well, okay. So now too many people are going solar and we’re not making it. We have to increase the price.” So they changed our hours up to when we can use the energy and they gave us options on the time that we could use it. In the past I was able to use it anytime I wanted. But since the hours have changed, I could only use energy between 6:00 PM and noon, with heating and air conditioning. When the sun is out, I can definitely use power. But when the sun isn’t out, I’m penalized and get charged extra if I use energy. So it’s a give and take.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

The reduced cost of electricity enticed us to go solar. The people at Complete Solar were good. They were helpful and nice. It has been really great having gone solar and I have recommended them already.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

The only issue we had with Complete Solar was during installation. It got dark early that day so they were working late in the dark. Then on the days they were leaving, they left a lot of trash around. Ever since we had them, our PG&E bill got reduced so we're satisfied with Complete Solar.

Customer ServiceSavings

Reviewed March 14, 2016

We liked Complete Solar because their panels were American-made. They hardly had any problems, too, so we didn’t care too much about the other solar companies that have better tax rebate. However, I got an electric bill for $260 at the end of the month and I didn’t know what it was for even though I was paying the electric company about $8 that I owe them. I tried to talk to the Complete Solar guy who came to my door and he said, “Oh, I don’t live in your area anymore. So basically it’s not my problem any longer,” even if he still works for Complete Solar. I had to call customer service to find out what happened.

That part started to piss me off because I didn’t know much about it and they said, “Well, you just have to look at the back of the electric bill and it’ll tell you.” I said, “I’m paying solar and you said I’m not gonna pay much for electrical,” but I didn’t get any answers and I never got it figured out. I just ended up paying it. I guess there’s hidden fees from the electrical company that I wasn’t told about. My electric bill keeps going up. I was under the impression that the electric company borrows my solar power when I’m not using it because that’s what the guy from Complete Solar told me. Nevertheless, I was satisfied in working with Complete Solar. I have talked about them to some people but they were looking at the tax rebate. Three of them wanted SolarCity because they got a bigger tax rebate than Complete Solar's.

Reviewed March 12, 2016

We own two houses at once and we wanted to get a better deal on electricity. We went with Complete Solar because my husband said they're a good company. Although Complete Solar was good, I think their subcontracted installers suck because they damaged my roof. Also, they started in June and they said it'd be done by December, but we weren't on the grid until July of the following year. We then asked when the guy came out whom to call if something like the leak on our roof happens. He said, "just call us up and we'll take the panels off the roof". That, however, was not the case and now we're going through headaches. No one seems to know anything. Nevertheless, with solar energy we only pay $80 when the bills says $2,400. As much as we are satisfied with the decision to go solar, we are not satisfied with the company. I also would not refer anybody to their Share the Sun program.

Reviewed March 11, 2016

It seemed like solar energy is where things are headed and I had gone with Complete Solar as they showed up first. Working with them has satisfied me and my wife hasn't complained about it, so it has been fine. Everything seems good!

Reviewed March 9, 2016

I went with Complete Solar because there's no cost to meet upfront at all. The office staff was great and everyone was friendly. The install went smooth. Different parts were sitting for awhile, but everyone did their jobs well. What was not clear to me was how the billing would work. It's all averaged out. The takeaway that we had after talking with the sales guy was that our monthly bill was going to be less always. Period. But in the summer when the system is generating a ton of electricity because of the long days, our electric bill is similar to what it was with the local utility. Right now it's been raining here in Northern California and my bill is really low because we’re not using any electricity. It's disappointing that I didn’t understand that it’s how this would work, but I get it now and I'm still happy with it. Those summer utility bills were big sticker shocks that made me angry when I first got them.

Reviewed March 8, 2016

I interviewed five different solar companies and so far Complete Solar provides the best price and a very clear of statement of how they work. They make more sense and the other companies were not what I'm looking for. And the salesperson was nice and efficient. So far this energy was cheaper this winter time. I don’t know in the long run, but right now we're pretty satisfied. It's a good company and they’ve done their job well. Hopefully, it comes cheap for many years to produce. It was a good decision.

Reviewed March 5, 2016

We have been actively looking into solar energy installation with other providers, and then we found that Complete Solar was willing to install a lot more panels and capture a lot more electricity. Also hopefully, we're saving some money. Most of my experiences with them have been fine. There were a few details that were a little challenging but it ultimately worked out. I'd recommend them.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

We were having $600 a month electric bill and we don’t even have air conditioning or heating. All we have is a wood burning stove. After installing solar, our electric bill got down to $250. I'm absolutely satisfied with going solar. The only problem we've had since is when we decided to switched to a satellite internet carrier, that screwed up the reporting of the solar. It didn’t stop the solar and it took a while to get all that re-coordinated. I'd give Complete Solar an A for backing what they promised. The salesman was great, I would give him an A+, and we got a better out and out bottomline price. The cost of their installation compared to other companies we considered were a third to half lower than most.

But the installation team was poorly lacking in training. There were multiple problems with the installation which they corrected, but they had to have another whole team come out and fix the problems that their installation team did. They said they would handle their installation team with aplomb and it was a nightmare. My brother-in-law constantly had to get a hold of them. They had to reimburse us two months and fees for the electric bill because they couldn’t meet the deadlines. Everything was put on backwards and it had to be totally reworked. But as far as what happened before and after, they were great. They just need to make sure their installation teams are trained better since they probably were just growing too big too fast. They got to have their act together.

Reviewed March 3, 2016

The final analysis made a compelling argument to lock in lower electric rates using solar, and I chose Complete Solar because of their flexibility on panel placements and no pressure sales. The installation went smoothly, and cost-wise, Complete Solar was slightly better than the others I compared to. The sales representative was very patient and willing to answer all questions and get references for every project. Everyone was committed to doing their part. They showed up and got it completed on time. But the greatest benefit is the satisfaction of knowing that electric costs are contained and paid for in essence.

Reviewed March 3, 2016

I wanted solar panels for my house so I talked to several providers. Their costs were about the same, but the knowledge and presentation of the salesperson from Complete Solar was superior from the rest so I went with them. So far, my experience has been good. However, I had a problem with the reporting system. Since I'm leasing, they monitor my system and there was a problem with it. They would call me and tell me to do things. They expect me to do a lot of the troubleshooting and the work, and I got tired of that. Nevertheless, I'd recommend it to a friend, and in fact, I already have.

Reviewed March 1, 2016

I heard about Complete Solar from a neighbor and working with them went very well. They did what they said they were going to do and they carried out the installation promptly. Today, it's very much almost a wash, but over the long run, I'll save some money on electrical bills so that's something. I even referred some people but at this point, nobody that I referred has decided to do it.

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2016

I was interested in getting solar on my house and so I tried to find a local vendor who was highly regarded. I found Complete Solar on the web and the customer evaluations were quite positive. Working with them has been positive and I have been satisfied. They were also very efficient and I've referred them to a neighbor.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2016

Complete Solar is great. We were looking into putting solar in and Complete Solar was willing to sell us panels that were made in USA. They guaranteed that every part of this was made in USA and that we could over put more panels on what we would normally use so we would have a buffer. They didn’t have some of the tools when they came out to install the first time, so they had borrowed from my husband. Then about a week later, they sent a different crew out, but we had an issue because they had to stop since they need to get permit from the city office. If they didn't, they're going to be sent away. That ended up going for another two weeks and then they finally came out and finished up the job well. Having Complete Solar made the electricity part of the bill almost nothing and the only thing left is the gas part. I wish they would do something for gas, but as far as the electricity part of my bill, it's great. I pay 7 bucks a month at most.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2016

I've researched on solar energy installation so I can save energy. Complete Solar has good reviews, were cheaper than the others and they offered the best incentive. I like Jason too since he was a very nice guy. Also, I used to pay a lot for my electricity but now, my decision to go solar has really saved me a lot of money. It was easy to deal with them and I am satisfied. They were always there, answered my questions promptly and explained everything to me. They continue to be really helpful - I can email them if I have any questions and Jason or Cristina responds right away.

Customer ServiceSavings

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2016

Our experience with Complete Solar has been great. Their customer service has been good. We did a lot of research and the sales rep was always there to answer questions and made sure we had the right information. We're saving money!

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2016

Everything with Complete Solar has been great. I was looking at solar energy installation because I want my electric bill to be stable and consistent. I got tired of my bill going up and down and up and down. I went with them because the gentleman that helped me wasn't pushy at all. If I wanted it, great. If I didn't, it was fine. He just filled me in on it and answered my questions. The guys sent all came in and installed it in about a day. Everything was good to go and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I have been very much satisfied with going solar. Next time I would probably buy rather than lease. But I'm happy that Edison isn't really getting much of anything today. It's really nice.

Installation & SetupPriceSavings

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2016

We were looking into solar energy because of the cost savings over time and Complete Solar was recommended to me by a friend and I trusted him, so we decided to go with them. We also met with a few different solar companies and Complete Solar seemed like they were the most honest and would do a great job. We had Solar install in our office last year and all the pre-work was straightforward. We're a dental office so we had some issues with the general noise of the installation because it was disruptive to the workflow. But, we got through that and everything is okay. However, we have a major issue with them when we got our PG&E bill for the meter billing - our bill was the same as it was the year before that. So we called PG&E and said that they were getting very little power generated by our system. We've spent almost $80,000 on this system and it didn't do anything for us.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2016

We have a newer home and we thought we would want to try to adding solar to improve the value of the home itself, as well as save a little bit on energy bills. We had a couple of different companies that went around and Complete Solar seemed to be the better of the two. They gave us a lot of good information and answered a lot of questions, and so we decided to go with them. Everybody was very professional, answered questions, responded to any questions we had. I would recommend them. They're a good company and I have been satisfied with my decision to go solar since the installation.

Installation & SetupTechPrice

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2016

We started looking into solar energy years ago because we thought that it'd be a bit of cost-saving. We went with Complete Solar because we liked what they had to say - we did look at a couple of other different solar companies but we didn't care for their salesmen at the time or how they did their presentation. Working with Complete Solar was great. Their installers were professional and easy to work with. The installation went well and quick. And right now, our electricity is a lot less expensive.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMaintenanceSavings

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2016

Complete Solar seemed to know what they were doing compared to the three other people that I gathered and they seemed to know my roof was a little unique with whatever it's tiled with, so I chose them and so far I am tremendously satisfied. Some people didn't want anything to do with it and one guy didn't know whether I had underground utilities or not which is silly because there were wires between me and the telephone pole, so he didn't last very long. We haven't had a bill this year but it's going to be a good investment and it's going to pay itself off in about six and a half years.

However, during installation, they totally didn't have a clue about my roof. They said it would be no big deal but we ended up having to re-roof half the house. They were subcontracting out a builder and the roofers were one of the people they were doing it with. The tiles were put in with stainless steel nails and they were supposed to pull them all out but they couldn't cut them with a hacksaw so one guy decided that's too much bother so he just pounded them in. Since we have roof decking and the roof of my ceiling is the roof and I don't have an attic, these nails are sticking through my roof! There are screws inside my house and you could see them so I wasn't happy about that. Fortunately they got it fixed before the rain came along and nobody would ever notice it. At any rate, they did a good installation and it's worked well. We don't have any leaks in my roofs and it's making electricity.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2016

We kept thinking about buying and investing on solar, then a rep from Complete Solar came by our house, and we told him about it. Complete Solar is awesome. Our previous payments with PG&E was extreme and came in with over $600. Now with Complete Solar, it went down to around $300. It's really good, and that was within a month. It was truly halved-out. I love it and we've recommended them to quite a few friends already.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2016

Complete Solar had advertised that it didn’t matter how much electricity was to be consumed if it was not on a tiered basis. The Solar rep reassured me that if in case the solar panels get dirty or we didn’t produce as much solar energy necessary for the home, they would add additional panels needed. I'm very much satisfied with my decision to go solar and having online access to be able to monitor and micro-manage our solar consumption. We haven’t had any complaint with them and have a good experience.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2016

Complete Solar was referred to us by a couple of friends who really liked the service. It was a right decision to go solar. We’ve had a reduction in our electric bill. Also, we are viewing how much energy we are creating using the solar panels every day. It has been a year since we installed the solar panels and it's been fantastic. However, I’d like to wait for a couple of years to see if there are any issues - if it will still go smoothly and the electric bill will still stay low - before I really endorse them to my friends and other people.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2016

Working with the guys from Complete Solar was one of the best experiences that I had. They were on time and constantly in communication with me. They delivered the plans, did an outstanding job and most importantly, went above and beyond meeting even their due date. It’s great. I just wish I would have done it sooner. I definitely would recommend them more to anyone. If I were to do it all over again, I would.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2016

The installation took way too long than what I expected. It took around six to eight months. I had to keep on following up with them. It was a complete nightmare. The process could have been more structured to make sure that it can be done faster. But other than that, the bill went down since installing it. And it may go down further because Complete Solar came and fixed some more stuff. Moreover I don't have any problem with their people. They were really helpful and called me back. I would definitely recommend Complete Solar.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016

We wanted to do solar at our house and found Complete Solar during our search. We got a sales rep who gave us a deal that we thought was pretty good. However, I felt low on satisfaction. When we first got the panels, they told us that they were going to install them the previous year, but they only delivered it. That qualified for a write-off and we were disappointed that the panels were in our garage for three months before they were installed.

Right now, I'm hoping that we get some money back because I think our electric bill for the year will be $400. We’ve had two leaks in the ceiling and they’ve come twice, but I’m not sure if it’s 100% fixed. And then we had a windy day and one of the panels is missing a bracket and it's rattling up there. I’m worried that that panel’s gonna be a problem. I hope it doesn’t cause some sort of damage.

Overall, the customer service on the phone seems okay, but they fall short when they send people out to do repairs. I'm still waiting for them to fix my roof.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016

My whole neighborhood was using solar energy in Discovery Bay so I did it in my house up there and my house in San Jose. I chose Complete Solar because of the knowledge that the man had when he was out here and from the research that I had done. He seemed to know more than any of the other ones. I’ve had good experience with Complete Solar. The team was very easy to work with and I’d recommend them.

Installation & SetupContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016

I’ve been looking into going solar for two years. I met with six different companies and had them come out, give presentations and provide quotes. They were all fairly similar in price, but ultimately, I felt comfortable with the salesman from Complete Solar that I was dealing with. He represented the company well and assured me that he stood behind the work and was confident that they would do a good job. So I went into it with high expectations and they were exceeded.

I’ve had several friends and neighbors that have gone with different companies that have had different issues. Like it took a long time to get the system in and get it approved and authorized. There’s a little bit of a process where they have to get authorization through PG&E. With Complete Solar, they were on top of it. The design happened quickly. Once they got the design, they submitted it to me and I approved it. Then they proceeded with getting the permits. It took less than two months from when I first sat down with them until my solar system was installed and working. It was pretty remarkable.

There are three different ways that solar companies sell their product. First, there’s no cost to the consumer. You sign an agreement with the solar company that you’ll pay them so much money per kilowatt hour and they guarantee they will provide you electricity per month for the 20 year period of time. In every situation, people save money immediately. Then the other two methods are prepaid. The solar company technically owns the system for 20 years, but the consumer has paid in advance for all the power that it’s going to generate. That’s what I went with.

I prepaid $13,000 and the only thing I would have to pay for for electricity is if I end up using more than my system generates. I got the True-Up and my system was perfectly designed in terms of the size. I paid $0 for my electricity for last year. As of this year, my electric bill averaged about $200. I’ll end up having little, if any, cost for electricity for the next 25 years.

Savings

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2016

One guy did a presentation about solar energy with me. At that time, I wasn't interested but then a few months later, Complete Solar did a follow-up and I did another presentation and decided the time was right for it. They're very easy to work with. The greatest benefit so far would be the energy savings.

Installation & SetupFinancing

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2016

Complete Solar approved my financing even though my bill wasn't in the higher average. I considered other companies but they didn't want to consider me for the fact that my monthly average wasn't high enough. During the installation, there were several issues but they responded properly and addressed it. So far, I'm satisfied.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2016

I was refinancing my home and upgrading its equity, so I put the new roof and solar energy on to make the house more valuable. The salesman from Complete Solar explained the whole thing and I didn't have any questions by the time he got done. I like him and overall, I’ve had a good experience.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2016

It's been great working with Complete Solar. There was a sales associate and an inside salesperson who kept us abreast of everything that was going on. They were very accurate with letting us know about how long the installation was going to be. Everything happened exactly the way they said it would. The best part about Complete Solar is it's saving us a lot of money. I'm so happy with them and I always tell people about how much money we're saving. I also told my in-laws, who live in Granite Bay, about Complete Solar but they had another contact over there and had a terrible experience.

Installation & SetupFinancing

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2016

Complete Solar was willing to meet my demands so I went with them. They were quick in getting the system installed and get me online and I had no problem with them. However I had more problems with LBT Bradley, their financing. Complete Solar put up panels to cover 100% of my needs and other than paying for my solar panels the electric bills have been about a dollar a month. They work really well. It’s a nice setup and I can monitor my own panels. I've had good service from them, overall. And I've referred people to them.

Customer ServiceFinancing

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016

We have a 2,600-square-foot home where there's a couple of teenagers and adults living in, and we have an outdoor lighting and sprinkler systems. We already had a partial solar unit set in and when Mr. ** was able to find full financing for us to go full solar, we went with Complete Solar. They have been fabulous. They put those things up in a couple days and they didn’t make a mess. If they did, they picked up after themselves. The gentleman was fantastic and very polite. If we had any questions, he'd answer straight to the point. They did a great job and I have no complaints at all.

Recently, our heating unit went out and our bill is $1,900. Maybe because we didn't have sun and everybody in the house has a portable heater which consumes a lot of electricity. It's been sunny all week but I haven't seen the bill go down yet. On the other hand, we don't have to pay until July and I keep my fingers crossed that it will be sunny until July. We would definitely recommend Complete Solar. The lady across the way had another company and it was out of line pricing, so we never went with them at all. Other companies don't want to take time to find financing for us, but Complete Solar served our needs.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016

I'm very happy with the results of having a Complete Solar. My experience with them was excellent. They're easy to work with, knowledgeable, and courteous. With regards to the solar energy's benefit, I was surprised that my house insurance and house taxes have gone up, which was a little disappointing. But the energy consumption was educational.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016

Complete Solar has a better quality of panels and they are as competitive as anybody. Also, their salesman Mel was great. He was pleasant, full of knowledge and he seemed like he had all the answers. Everything that had to be done, they got it done and I didn't do any work at all. Their referral program Share The Sun has been very satisfactory. I asked Mel for a little miniature house and he got that put together. I was gonna use it to put in advertising propaganda. We have a retail sales area here and there are lots of people here, too. That was my idea that we have people come through here and we could hopefully acquire referral. It didn't last long because he moved to Los Angeles so that didn't pan out at all and I'm kind of got turned off. But I have nothing against the quality of the product and services and would prefer some advertising brochures sent out since we have many people go through here a day.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016

Me and my husband had been talking about getting solar for a while. And when somebody from Complete Solar came over and explained it to us, how it works, we just decided to go with it. It's been great so far. I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2016

I'm satisfied with solar. The guy I dealt with at Complete Solar has been good and friendly. Everything is okay except the cleaning part. They're supposed to come to clean the panels but they never did.

TechPrice

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2016

Complete Solar had very competitive pricing and they were also local to Foster City so I chose them to be my solar energy provider. Their representatives came over and explained a lot of stuff and did computer printouts of how the different set-ups would be. It was very informative and they made it easy to understand and make a decision. They've been very helpful even after purchasing. I had a few questions and they've gotten right back to me so I wasn't lost after I'd purchased. It's been a very positive experience so far with Complete Solar.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTech

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2016

The only thing I can say about solar companies these days is they outsource their stuff to the installers. But the installers that Complete Solar hired were great. When I called them and told them that the people they hired to install it did not do the job, they made them fix it. So I will give them kudos for that. Everyone within Complete Solar that I dealt with was very professional. The solar panels look good and they seem to be working. I haven't received my first screw-up yet so we’ll see how that goes.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2016

I've done my research and Complete Solar was the first one that called me and explained everything good, and I felt satisfied. Everything was quick and went smoothly. They were able to set up everything easily so I was very pleased.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2016

Complete Solar's service was fine, but we're not happy we didn't get enough solar panels. We had a $500 electricity bill this year on top of it. So obviously, there were some miscalculations.

Installation & SetupContract & TermsTech

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2016

The technicians were quick to install the solar panels from Complete Solar, but the problem we had was getting hooked up to the electric. Part of that was some internal things going on at Complete Solar. Our contract got lost somehow. There were people that went on vacation or got fired. We were supposed to be all hooked up by May third, and May fourth we still were not. They hired some company to come to trench us to the electric. They came out two days and didn't get it done. Had some other job to do, didn't come back until the following week. Didn't work two days, did not get it done.

I started taking photos and I sent them to the salesman who sold us the contract, and he jumpstarted it. And then finally the two guys (they were digging the trench by hand instead of using heavy duty equipment) had some guy come out to supervise and then that stuff got done. It was a big pain in the butt because they had to go across our neighbor's yard to do this, which she gave them permission but her yard was tore up for a month and a half. And then they weren't getting it done right, according to how the guy from Edison wanted it done so their contractor that they had hooked up with didn't really seem to take care of things. Right near where it's hooked up to our house, the ground is sinking. Maybe they didn't fill it in properly but there's a big dip. So overall, it took a good month and a half before we finally got hooked up to the electricity.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2016

Csr is very helpful, give answers to all my questions. Price is reasonable. It cuts my cost and very efficient. My friends recommend it and I was happy with the result. The guy that came to me was very friendly and give me enough info regarding their company background, how it works... When my friend offer it to me I was hesitant but was happy he told me about the service... I'm also recommending this to all my friends as the service is excellent. I heard a lot of horrible experience but the one I have was the best. I give them an A.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2016

I've been having a lot of problems with the system from Complete Solar, but every time I call them, they are here right away. So far, I've been very satisfied with my decision to go solar.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2016

I am very satisfied with Complete Solar. Our solar energy took a little while to finish and complete. But they refunded me for the two months that I have paid when it's supposed to be already on.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2016

I went with Complete Solar because I have talked to other solar companies and they weren't able to do anything for me because I hadn't been at the house for a year. The sales rep was very friendly, family-oriented, and easy to talk to. He was interested in what I was doing and what I needed to save money, and not just trying to sell me the system. He has made good friends with my kids and family, and we even had him over for barbecue.

Overall, the system has been good. I haven't had any issues. I'm waiting for the it to be a year because with the calculations we did, they told me that when Edison would tally up, I shouldn't get much money back and we should about break even. So I should be completely efficient on my solar panels. But if there are not sufficient panels, Complete Solar might have to add some more to the system.

Maintenance

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

It was a great experience with Complete Solar. Everything worked out fine and they did the work really good, but, it took them two weeks to get the final on the permit. It was delayed and I had things to deal with so that kind of bummed me out. But it is working now, so it's fine. They came out and did the work, cleaned up, and no leaks on the roof. Also, they were able to use CaliforniaFIRST so it's on the tax on my house. I paid it off with a 25 year loan so I can afford it that way. I have a $400-a-month electric bill but since we went solar, our bill was cut down to nothing. One of my sisters wants to go solar and I told her about them.

Installation & SetupSavings

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

I went solar for one reason and that is if we have a job, we can save money and help the economy by getting something so people can have jobs as well. Working with Complete Solar has been pretty good. They're really professional and on time and I like the way they handle and install. I got mine from San Francisco and the one who sold it to me really explained what I really want to get. Even though I pay $140 a month for the solar, having solar energy has reduced my electric bill down. I'm satisfied and I recommend it to a lot of people when they come.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

On the computer, I let it known that I was interested in solar and then everybody that had solar companies was calling me. Because the partial owner of Complete Solar was very trustful and seemed like the right guy to go with, and I liked what he had to say, I went with him. But then after he had sold me on the system, I tried to talk to him about some stuff but he was unavailable. Pretty much he pawned me off on one of his project managers and that was disappointing because I liked dealing with him. Also, he had mentioned to me that if there wasn’t enough panels, I could add more solar at no cost but I’m having my doubts because some of the project managers told me that wasn’t the case. I’m not sure if he’s going to honor it now and I guess if I'll need it, I might have some problems.

Installation & SetupBattery

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2016

I did a lot of research on solar companies and programs, and Complete Solar gave us what we wanted instead of trying to give us what we didn't need or want. The experience working with them was very good. We've been satisfied with going solar, but we still want to figure out how we can go off grid by adding a battery component. When the power goes off, our system also goes off because it's a grid tie. We want to be independent, which is the whole purpose of going solar. And sometimes the power may be off for a day or two and we want to make sure we still have power to operate our well, so we need to make sure that we can somehow do this. That was one of the main concerns, and they said we could do that, there was just a switch we could add. But when the guys came to add the system, they said that's not true, that we have to add some kind of a battery backup.

Also, one of the things that they told me was that if I did have the system, they would put a sign out in front of my property. If someone referred my sign to them getting solar, I would get a referral fee, which I've not heard anything about since the system has been installed. But all in all, I'd recommend Complete Solar, the experience has been very pleasant.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2016

I've had a very positive experience with Complete Solar and the people I worked with were really nice. They didn't try to force things on me and just wanted me to make my own decision and make sure it made sense for me. Utility prices keep going up, so taking a look at solar made sense to me. Financially, we were in a position where we couldn't afford to purchase it so it made sense for us to get it through Complete Solar since we didn't have to put any money into it. Our only concern was it was a 20-year lease.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2016

I chose Complete Solar because they're a local company. Sometimes solar energy providers are scam because a lot of them are leased companies and are trying to lease you the equipment. Complete Solar is a real solar company that tries to sell the product and service it at the same time. Also, a lot of people try to make solar complex-billed, but Complete Solar made it very easy and fast.

Their people, from start to finish, were very hands-on and did a great job. The project manager called me at least once a day during installation to ask how things were going and if I had any questions. If I had any issue, they resolved it very quickly. The sales guy was fantastic. He asked us how the experience was and if he could use my install as a reference for some people. He followed up with me a lot. So I was very appreciative for that.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016

Complete Solar is easy to work with. Their sales rep was very nice and I had a great experience, although whoever installed the solar panel had installed so many wires on my roof gutters that makes them crack.

Installation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2016

We have a flat roof and the other companies didn't want to install the solar panels. When Complete Solar was able to do it, we decided to go with them. We did wind up afterwards with around four leaks in the roof that we didn't have prior to the installation because of the movement up in the roof when the work was done. Complete Solar came out and tried to patch it, but it didn't work so we went through a roofing company that is familiar with flat roofs, got it corrected and the last major storm that dumped a couple of inches on us, we were fine. Not that we were unhappy, but one of the things that we learned afterwards was there were some programs out there where you buy your own unit rather than be on a permanent rental lease high program. We sorely regretted not having researched that a little bit more because what we have now is you never own it. Other than that, we've been up and running and everything's been fine.

Verified purchase
      Cp increased rating by 4 stars.
      Sales & Marketing
      After a positive interaction with Complete Solaria, Cp increased their star rating on Feb. 2, 2016.

Updated review: Feb. 2, 2016

Complete Solar is a 5 star company. They resolved the issues I was experiencing!

Original Review: Jan. 22, 2016

We went with Complete Solar because the sales representative did a good job trying to sell it to us. We had the solar panel installed about half a year ago. Everything went smoothly until the billing starts. The first time, the bill asked us to send our check to San Diego. Later on, the company told us I should have sent it to the San Francisco office. It caused us trouble because we thought we paid everything on time, but on the company's record we were delayed. So the company kept charging us delayed penalty payment. Until December, we paid three checks altogether. So far we haven't heard anything from the company so we don't know what's going to happen in the month of January yet. Our experience is pretty bad.