3.71/5

RiteAid Pharmacy Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2019

I’ve developed a pretty good relationship with my pharmacist and team for both my many prescriptions as well as speciality drugs needed for my dog. They always reach out and work with me on timing and cost of the drugs.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I love the store. It's always clean, easy to get around and always well stocked. Employee by name Christopher ** was great. He goes out way to help customers. The pharmacist always well informed and eager to answer any questions you have. Would recommend to my friends and family. Great job done in a great store. Great staff.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

The Pharm dept has very knowledgeable people who don’t mind answering questions and (most importantly) they no longer shout out loud your medication or medical issue when it gets busy and people are hovering over the counter. I stopped going to CVS due to the lack of privacy and the demeaning attitude of the staff in Wayne PA. The RiteAid also has great prices on an assortment of food and household products. My only ISSUES are the lack of low fat and low sodium foods and the elimination of rolling papers.

Original review: March 14, 2019

It is a fine store unless they don't have my medicine, then I have to wait a couple days for them to get it in. And that's trouble when it occurs. And they have a policy not to order more when they run out but wait until it is needed.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

The staff in the RiteAid Pharmacy Sammamish is so rude. When I dropped off the prescription, the staff told me it would be ready in 30 minutes. I told them I will pick it up a couple of hours later. Unfortunately, when I walked in the pharmacy 7 hours later, they said the medicine wasn’t ready yet. When I asked why, they said they are too busy to prepare for me. Shame on them! Never go to that pharmacy anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Trying to pick up a prescription for my wife. She has a disease called CRPS which is at the top of the McGillis Pain Scale above having a baby and any other kind of pain in severe pain 24 hours a day and has been for 5 years her disease has caused her some teeth problems so she had to have some teeth pulled. We spoke to her pain management doctor about having teeth pulled and what could she do about the pain. The pain management doctor said that would be fine whatever the dentist thinks is appropriate for a couple of days to get her through the pain of having teeth pulled would be okay.

We got a prescription and took it to Sade at Rite Aid Pharmacy in Rancho Santa Margarita California. She was very rude and said, "I'm not going to fill this. I've pulled my own teeth and had no pain medication" so my wife should be able to live through the pain of having teeth pulled without any more pain medication. We told her to call our pain management doctor and her dentist. They both said it was okay but she's still would not approve of it and did not fill it. She had no sympathy and was very rude and really? Did she really have to pull her own teeth without pain medication? Not sure what country she's from but I don't think that anyone gets teeth pulled without some kind of pain medication or very hard alcohol. Anyway I just don't want this to happen to anyone else. The pharmacist name is Sade and she should not have treated us like that or anybody else that's in severe pain when she has no idea what is wrong with her.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

When picking up a prescription from the Rite-Aid pharmacy today I was told the generic medication I had been paying $19.97 for a 30 day supply increased in price by almost 300% and was now $58.99. Yes, a price increase of $39.02. I was surprised they can increase the price so much as I understand the wholesale price they pay has not increased. Simply profiteering at the expense of seniors like myself.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Several years ago, I used Rite Aid in Palo Cedro, California, for my pharmaceutical needs. It was a small, temporary offshoot. This pharmacy confused orders, and had a ridiculously long waiting period, and snippy, rude employees. After a year of this, I switched to Owens pharmacy across the street. Their attitudes were pleasant, wait times were minimal, and the overall experience was 100% better than my experience with Rite Aid. Recently, however, Rite Aid bought out Owens, and all prescriptions, unknown to the customers, were transferred to Rite Aid. We were not pre-notified, and found out only when we went to pick up our usual prescriptions. Last week, we tried picking up non-narcotic meds, and were told in 4 days.

While standing in line, we watched the interactions between clerks and new customers. The clerks were rude and snippy when confused clients were inquiring about their medications. When it was finally our turn, the clerk gave rude, snippy answers to our questions. The clerk said our meds would be ready on the 28th, no sooner. We arrived on the 29th, and told that we have to go home and call in every prescription. In a rude tone, she says "Call a week ahead of time, not last minute!"

So, now we have to wait another two weeks. This will put us a month out. We will be changing pharmacies immediately. Rite Aid employees are awful. They have terrible customer service. I feel that I am an inconvenience to their clerks. They are ridiculously slow, and in my opinion, are not professional or equipped enough to be adding new customers to their already incompetent pharmacies. If you are thinking about joining Rite Aid for your pharmaceutical needs, I advise you look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I just started using their Pharmacy about 3 months ago and was pleased with their service and was getting ready to get all my scripts transferred to them. The script that they was filling for me was a controlled substance and they shorted me 30 pills. Now that's a round even number so the pharmacist had to make a mistake somewhere. They are supposed to look into it . They will probably never call me. They might have a drug addict working with them. If they find out what happened then I will gladly post another review. But for now be careful taking your script there.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I dropped a prescription off at the Richland, Washington, store in the morning, so it would be ready when I came back [hours] later in the day. The staff said it would be ready in about an hour. SEVERAL hours later, I came back, waited in a LONG line, only to be told it was not ready because they didn't know how I'd be paying for it. NO OTHER STORE/PHARMACY PULLED THIS CRAP. This is a level of stupidity which could kill a LOT of business. I was in a HUGE and necessary hurry: I needed to get a hospital patient home, and ALL pharmacies are a TWO HOUR ROUND TRIP DRIVE AWAY [on weekends (which it was)]. Subsequent to this unique stupidity, after I stated I'd pay in cash, I waited nearly an hour for the prescription to be filled. WOULD YOU DO BUSINESS WITH THIS KIND OF BUSINESS? I won't, AND will do what I can to make sure others know they can get better deals and better service elsewhere.

RiteAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

RiteAid has grown to become the third-largest drugstore chain in the United States. Operating mainly on the east coast, it provides multiple pharmacy services, both in-store and online. Services include prescription refills and transfers, one-trip refills, home delivery, Medicare Part D plans and specialty pharmacy services.

• Online prescription refills: Customers can create an online account profile that includes their personal information, doctor information and prescription details. Once logged in they can manage prescription refills by scheduling ongoing orders that tailor to each individual's treatment plan.

• Specialty pharmacy services: RiteAid offers online delivery, prescription scheduling and financial help for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs. They are accredited to distribute specialty medication and advise customers on diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis.

• OneTripRefills: For consumers who want to order their prescriptions online and pick them up at the nearest store, RiteAid offers OneTripRefills. OneTripRefills allows pharmacists to schedule all of a customer's prescriptions to be delivered at once, simplifying their pickup schedule.

• Prescription reminder services: RiteAid will help customers manage their prescriptions by sending reminders by email, text or phone when prescriptions are due for a refill or ready for pickup.

• Accreditation: RiteAid is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, ensuring it distributes prescription drugs safely. The URAC also accredits RiteAid’s specialty pharmacy practices.

• Best for: customers needing a convenient way to manage multiple prescription schedules.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs