RiteAid Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to fill my script I have got from back doctor after surgery... I try to write check but for some reason it wouldn't go through... so I called my sister to bring me money who lives 25 mins away... I was out of gas so didn't want to drive home and come back again... so far so good... Well me and my dad waited and waited. It seemed like eternity but on 1 hour and we even left and sit at McDonald's for 30 mins of that time. My sis would go to the wrong RiteAid so she was running behind. It was almost closing so I went in and ask the pharmacy if they could leave my script up front just in case she wasn't there before pharm closed... and you could say they acted like I shoot someone... Well she pulled up at 10 mins till... I got in pay for my script and lo and behold I go back outside to my dad to leave and the sheriff has him block in parking place checking ID and tags... like we just robbed the freaking bank.

My dad has never been in trouble and he is 76 years old... They check our IDs and tags and say 3 times RiteAid didn't call... which I know to be a lie cause I saw all the employees laughing at us... WTF did they think I was going to do rob them for 20 little ol' pills. I will never go back to RiteAid and I will tell all my friends they better not go unless they want to talk to the cops for 30 damn mins! ** RITEAID!!!

I am so concerned and worried. Pharmacy employees were joking around not paying attention. My prescription ** was mixed with alcohol instead of water. Which irritated my face and lips. Rite Aid Glendale, CA 91206.

Went to doctor today. Doctor gave me a box of meds and a letter about RiteAid. Said to look for call. If no call doctor wanted me to call them. I call them and they had my info in the system. The total due after my HSA from ins. is 2260.00. Are they insane??? If this is the normal guess I will just stay sick! Think it is crazy that meds get this expensive. I told them to cancel the order don't touch my HSA and I would contact someone to make a complaint.

I recently ordered a cane from them about a week ago but never received any confirmation of it ever being received nor did I get any shipping notices. I attempted to track my order on their site and there was no place to do so even though their site FAQ said there was. I contacted them through their CS email, but received no response. I then tried calling their CS number and had to do so several times for their automated system could not understand me or inexplicably disconnect me after putting me on hold.

After finally being able to speak to an actual person, I get a total idiot. They told me my cane was delivered but returned to their warehouse. I asked where it was delivered to and why it was returned. This idiot could not understand my question even though they spoke perfect English and I never did find out what really happened with my order. I was then told that they would issue a refund and get back to me through email within 24 hours. So far I've had no further contact from RiteAid. I will never order anything from them again.

I recently changed my email address which meant changing 100+ online accounts. It was a laborious process, but I finally accomplished it... for all except my account with RiteAid. After exchanging numerous emails with a RiteAid Customer Care rep and speaking with two Customer Care reps by phone over a three-week period, the problem is not resolved so I do not have a working online account with my pharmacy.

In fact, the situation was complicated by my contact with Customer Care employees who I came to believe were 1) lacking knowledge of the workings of the RiteAid website and 2) foreign-based so not familiar with how to engage RiteAid staff who were computer/website literate to provide assistance in resolving my problem. The rep with whom I exchanged emails deleted my original account - without my permission. However, when I followed his instructions to set up a new account, the website would not accept that account.

Based upon that disaster, I called the RiteAid customer service number and requested to speak with a supervisor. She was even less knowledgeable. Her only advice was to repeat the process of creating a new account, which again was unsuccessful. I twice requested to speak with the Webmaster or, at least, a member of the IT Dept, but neither rep would facilitate that. I think their refusal to put me in touch with IT was because neither of them knew how to contact IT.

This situation was unnecessary to begin with. Changing the email address associated with my online account should have been a simple process, not requiring any RiteAid staff intervention. The Webmaster is at fault for that. I am aware of the HIPAA privacy rule and understand the need to protect the medical information of a patient/customer. However, there are ways to maintain the security of the information while allowing a customer to edit his/her own account profile information. My medical information is no more sensitive than my financial information, yet, I successfully changed the email address associated with my online banking and credit card accounts without needing any assistance.

Nonetheless, even with that restriction, a customer should be able to resolve the problem with the assistance of a knowledgeable customer service rep.

[Emphasis on "knowledgeable".] I am pleased with the service I receive from my local RiteAid pharmacy, but if I cannot access my Rx information online, that is unacceptable. I will have to change the pharmacy chain I use.

All because RiteAid, the corporation, has created arbitrary and unnecessary technology complications and because the corporation is incapable of providing customer service. A "Customer Care" Dept? RiteAid has no right to advertise that they have such a department because they absolutely do not provide customer care! "Life is simple, but [RiteAid] insists on making it complicated." Confucius.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

A pharmacist refused to fill a prescription for **, an ** and a controlled substance, for me because it was written by my PCP in another state. I just moved here, to Pennsylvania, for a job and have not found a new PCP yet. This same pharmacy filled the same prescription previously. I believe it is unethical to refuse to fill a prescription from an out of state PCP and the pharmacist was simply lazy. He could have called the PCP to verify that they wrote the prescription on just 4 days ago when I was at home as my wife and children have not moved yet and are finishing the school year in our home state. I struggle to work effectively without this medication and do not believe there are legitimate suspicions allowing Kyle to deny the prescription. He stated it was his personal call and suggested there are many other pharmacies that I could go to.

If you have any query for a Rite Aid pharmacist on their website, you MUST belong to their Plenti program, or you are denied access. Why? Why does this pharmacy (and apparently most others) keep trying to get you to join their "discount" programs? Why are staff ALWAYS trying to get you to sign up? Clearly this is to access even more private information than already given up. I find it especially unethical that Rite Aid ties this in with providing consumers with medication information. It is not even slightly subtle. Healthcare cannot be the main goal. Shame on Rite Aid.

I've had several bad pharmacy experiences with the Salem, Oregon RiteAid on Commercial Street. Each visit, I've encountered rude pharmacy techs and pharmacists who don't really give a darn. Everyone who works behind that counter acts like they just don't want to be bothered and would rather be somewhere else. First, the pharmacy techs: they are rude, uncaring, and have zero customer service training. My daughter's doctor's office made a mistake with the electronic filing of her prescription and these people at Rite Aid were non-forgiving and acted like it was my fault. I even called my daughter's doctor's office and had a nurse who made the error on the phone with me and the people at Rite Aid still refused to help me and refused to speak to the nurse. The nurse re-sent a script to them to help them out and they refused that as well! They were belligerent and exhausting to even to try to communicate with.

The pharmacy tech with long hair that looks like wet ramen noodles got in my face and gruffly told me that I was not getting my prescription. Had she gotten any closer to my face and touched me, I would have called the police on her for assault. There was no reason for her to get in my face. I was not confrontational with her and approached her with calmness. That seemed to irk her that I was was so calm and collected. She seemed to get angrier because I would not argue back with her.

On to the pharmacists: the male pharmacist just walked away from me when we were discussing the doctor's mistake. He literally put his hands up in the air and walked away from me as I was trying to talk with him. His behavior was cold, hateful, and totally unprofessional. Again, I was treated as if I had made the mistake and was in the wrong. On various other visits to this RiteAid, I have encountered pharmacists that act as if they just want you to go away when they are consulting with you about the medication. Needless to say, I filed a complaint with their corporate office about my recent encounter. Hopefully, their customer service techniques will improve with proper training or the hiring of new/better staff. I have moved my prescriptions to another pharmacy and will not return to this store - ever.

I recently had the worst in store experience of my life at a Rite Aid store/pharmacy located in Butler, PA. After taking my 13 year old daughter to the dentist and finding out that she has an abscessed tooth and needs a root canal the dentist prescribed antibiotics and pain medication, while on the way home after leaving the dentist's office I spotted a Rite Aid that was less than a mile down the road, rather than driving 25 miles to the Rite Aid location in Grove City where I usually get prescriptions filled for myself and family I thought it best to get my daughter started on her medicine's as soon as possible so I stopped at this Butler Rite Aid store.

I gave the pharmacist or pharmacy tech my daughter’s prescriptions and the woman told me it would only take 15 minutes to get the two prescriptions filled so I decided to shop in the store part with my daughter. After about five minutes I asked my daughter if she needed to use the bathroom and she said she didn't need to then I decided since I had a 20 plus mile trip to go home that I should use the bathroom before trekking home. I asked the store clerk where the bathroom was and she told me the store/pharmacy did not have a public restroom but if I asked the pharmacist that they would probably take me to use the restroom so I asked the same woman I gave my daughter's prescriptions to a few minutes earlier and she told me to go through the door that led to the backroom. Once through the door she waited and told me the bathroom was around the corner and the 1st door to the right.

After 2-3 minutes I was done and while on the way out a woman started yelling at me for being in the back room. I told her someone in the pharmacy allowed me to use the restroom and knew that I was there. At that point from a distance I noticed the same woman that allowed me to use the restroom was looking while I was being yelled at by the other woman and then the yelling woman asked the woman that took me to use the restroom if she was back there with me the whole time. The woman that took me to use the bathroom nodded yes and then the yelling woman went back to yelling again.

I dropped the "F" bomb and said I wanted my daughter’s prescriptions back and that I would get them filled somewhere else. The woman at the pharmacy that took me to the bathroom gave my daughter’s prescriptions back to me and I said "I can't believe you treat your customers this way”, she did not speak to me and I proceeded to leave and let my daughter know what happened. As I left the store I passed the store clerk and asked her for a phone number to call Rite Aid’s corporate office to complain. She wrote down 1-800 Rite Aid. I then left the building with my daughter and while in my car calling Rite Aid management the Butler Township Police came and an officer went into the store and I told my daughter that I thought the woman that yelled at me probably called the police.

My daughter told me that if that were true I should tell my side of the story and what happened to the police. Sure enough a few minutes later I had to give the officer my driver’s license and my story, he went back into the building and after 10-15 minutes he gave me my driver’s license and said that I was free to go. I decided to stop at a Rite Aid in Slippery Rock which was between the Butler and Grove City locations. I told the pharmacist at the Slippery Rock store what had happened at the Butler store and said I did not feel good. He took my blood pressure and it was very high, he recommended that I go to the Grove City hospital emergency room or seek medical attention elsewhere… What a nightmare!!!! I should ask people how they are treated at other pharmacies like Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. I don't think I'll ever forget that Butler Rite Aid experience.

The RiteAid at Mt. Holly Huntersville NC is awful!!! RiteAid you should be ashamed of yourself. ALL your Pharmacy staff is grossly overworked!!! You need more staff and need them double check medicine they are dispersing.

Staff could not fill Rx. Said it was my fault. My doctor sent it in as she has before. And I have been a customer at this store for 12 years! One Rx surprisingly was $50 less than usual. I find out it is because this is the first time they ran it through my insurance! Second one could not be filled for unknown reasons. Tech told me to go elsewhere if I was that 'needy'. I asked for Manager to call me. She did, but I was unable to accept the call when she called. I went back today to get the last of my Rx's filled and the manager was there. Leslie, was rude and stated she just got there and did not need to be dumped on. She has tried to call me the day before, but I did not answer, and she did not have any idea who I was. She just got back from a 2 week vacation. I advised if I was that much trouble I would take my business elsewhere and she said that was a good idea. DONE!

I went to the front of the store for another purchase while Leslie, the manager, dispensed 6 pills as the Rx the previous staff was supposed to order, had not been ordered. When I returned to pick up my pills, after she paged me, she reminded me that the 'girl at the front was not over her'. I stated has another purchase, but she just said 'whatever'. I collected my pills and was walking away, when Leslie, the manager, laughed and joked about me with the next customer in the line. I found this to be totally unprofessional, and demeaning. The staff and their manager are not people I trust with my medications, nor my health concerns. I will NOT be returning and will have my Rx's transferred to another store from a competitor's pharmacy. This is not how loyal customers should be treated. Shame on you all for allowing it.

Rite Aid has been my pharmacy for many years. They have very knowledgeable, caring and awesome people! Plus the medicine seems reasonably priced and the wait time is never over 5 minutes.

The pharmacists have been very helpful especially when dealing with the insurance companies. That right there is a real bonus. The prices are what I consider average.

I like going to my area RiteAid. The staff is very nice and helpful. They make me feel welcome. I like the variety of things available in the store. And can usually find what I am looking for right away.

If something is advertised as buy one get one free or buy one get one 50% off it is guaranteed that any RiteAid store you could walk into will only have 1 of the item of the shelf. It's annoying and it's happened to me 4 or 5 times. For drug store type items, I shop exclusively at Wal-Mart now. They are no prize but they have fair prices and stocked merchandise 100% of the time.

The pharmacist and his assistants are very polite and helpful. I have never had a problem when re-ordering my prescriptions. I would recommend them to everyone!

Staff, techs, pharmacist are knowledgeable. Very good about reminders, renewing scripts with primary physicians etc. Prescriptions are filled Mon-Sat. There are no Sunday pharmacy hours. I've always had a great experience.

I like RiteAid because they are pretty efficient when it comes to filling prescriptions. They make sure you know what you're taking and they have a good rewards program.

Generally happy with the service. Fairly high turnover with pharmacy techs. Some more knowledgeable than others. RiteAid is not very consistent with wait times. May tell you 20 minutes, often that means 1 hour.

Staff cordial, attentive and friendly. Service is prompt. It is located in the heart of the city making it a great location. Be sure to ask for prescription bottles that are easy to open.

Reward program has nothing to do with prescription drugs. Using my rewards card before using my insurance card did not qualify for any savings while paying for prescription.

I particularly like the fact that RiteAid produce a range of RiteAid labeled products that are very price competitive. Buying generic whenever possible helps save and RiteAid assist that goal.

I've used a lot of other pharmacy but the service, store hours and knowledge are the best service I've received in this area. The employees are excellent

I am happy with the pharmacy but wish it were open longer on the weekend. The cashiers are very helpful and the pharmacist will answer any questions. Sometimes they will need the pharmacist thumb print to check you out which can take awhile.

RiteAide is the pharmacy I've been using for years now. Sometimes some problems but for the most part it's an good pharmacy. Their customer service is very good.

The Techs at this location always check to see if they are giving the correct prescription to the person by asking their name and date of birth. I feel that this is very important. They also make sure that you know when to take your medication and how much you should take. They also take the time to get to know the customers.

RiteAid, especially my local Bellows Falls store, provides excellent service and pricing. The employees, especially the Pharmacists, are outstanding in service and helpfulness. Eric especially stands out.

I broke my tib/fib last year and it was not able to be set due to complications in a small town. My roommate went in and filled my Rx and was told my insurance was invalid and charged a terrible amount for the pain medication. I called my insurance the next day who called RiteAid with me on the line and told them she was reporting them and that they were to refund my $$ asap. They did. I refuse to do business with this store or this brand.

I arrived at RiteAid in Coldwater, Michigan early Wednesday morning. Bought some items and asked when pharmacy opened. She says 9, and states that she will give it to the pharmacy, since I have been there before. Tells me to come back at 10 am. I am there at 10:08 at the drive thru. The pharmacist says they just got the order. She asked when do I want to come back. I told them will come back at 11:30.

I go inside this time so I can get a drink too. Go to counter for pick-up at pharmacy. They can't find my prescription. I give them all my info again. Then states "we have not started on your order" to come back in about 15-20 minutes. I about had enough. No more will I go to this store again. So unorganized. If something happens & my blood pressure goes up, they are to blame.

Some of my prescriptions are on automatic refill, which is very convenient. I'm notified by email when they are filled and ready for pickup. If they are not on auto refill, I order them online and they are filled in a prompt manner and I am notified by phone and email. They are always picked up at drive and given out by a courteous employee. I never have to wait more than a few minutes for service at the drive thru and very seldom are there more than 2 vehicles in line. If I do have a question at the drive thru, it's checked on and answered promptly.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

RiteAid has grown to become the third-largest drugstore chain in the United States. Operating mainly on the east coast, it provides multiple pharmacy services, both in-store and online. Services include prescription refills and transfers, one-trip refills, home delivery, Medicare Part D plans and specialty pharmacy services.

• Online prescription refills: Customers can create an online account profile that includes their personal information, doctor information and prescription details. Once logged in they can manage prescription refills by scheduling ongoing orders that tailor to each individual's treatment plan.
  • Specialty pharmacy services: RiteAid offers online delivery, prescription scheduling and financial help for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs. They are accredited to distribute specialty medication and advise customers on diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis.
  • OneTripRefills: For consumers who want to order their prescriptions online and pick them up at the nearest store, RiteAid offers OneTripRefills. OneTripRefills allows pharmacists to schedule all of a customer's prescriptions to be delivered at once, simplifying their pickup schedule.
  • Prescription reminder services: RiteAid will help customers manage their prescriptions by sending reminders by email, text or phone when prescriptions are due for a refill or ready for pickup.
  • Accreditation: RiteAid is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, ensuring it distributes prescription drugs safely. The URAC also accredits RiteAid’s specialty pharmacy practices.
  • Best for customers needing a convenient way to manage multiple prescription schedules.

Compare Online Pharmacies