RiteAid Pharmacy

Stars Rating

• 23%
  • 77%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?
    Staff

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Since when does the clerk who takes your money and gives you your meds also work as a pharmacist counting pills and putting them in a machine especially without gloves since he's been touching money all day. The days of my family getting prescriptions at the Belmore NY pharmacy are slowly coming to an end.

Staff

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Riteaid Pharmacy in Tiffin, Ohio is in need of a good scrubbing! The floors, counters, pickup window, person at the register looks like they haven’t washed their hair in weeks. Even the hand sanitizer jug is filthy! I am referring to the pharmacy only, the rest of the store is fine. To think they administer immunizations in this area is unbelievable!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed March 24, 2024

This is for the pharmacy located at 807 S. 4th St. Hamburg, PA. They told me my scripts couldn't be filled for 2 more days. 2 days came & no scripts. I had to call them to see what was going on, there was no effort to communicate on their end. They said I'm being put on a brief hold which turns into almost a 30 minute hold. So they say they need more info from my doctor, for a script I had been on & they had filled prior. So they get the info & fill them. I go to pick up & I wait while they fill the person's scripts in front of me. They don't move him to the side or anything, but ** DOES stand there & talk to him while I wait. Another women actually left because they told her to wait 10 minutes and she was still waiting after being there a long time..

I finally get to the counter & I have to wait while they look for my scripts, now mind you they just filled them 20 minutes ago & they can't find them? Then I'm overcharged, even though I gave them the insurance info 2 days before. So ** tells me to step aside. I tell her, "I have food in the car," she tells me to go out & wait with my food. So I'm left standing there while they wait on others. So I got angry which after everything I've already dealt with because of them I think I had every right and she tells me she doesn't get paid enough to deal with people like me.

So I tell her again, "I have food in the car & I'm expected to get it home." (My family was waiting) And & that I am not doing well because there's a lot of people waiting & I get panic attacks from crowds and she says "that's not my problem". I told her, "All of this mess is YOUR problem!" At that point the pharmacist finally came over & took care of the refund for me. I had only started going there because my scripts were cheaper BUT I immediately went to my old pharmacy & had them transfer my scripts back to them. The terrible experience isn't worth the few dollars I was saving! Their employees are rude & ignorant people who according to ** obviously don't get paid enough to deal with people like me!!! Enjoy bankruptcy Rite Aid!!

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2023

It's no surprise that Rite Aid is in financial trouble. But don’t blame it on the Drug issue. There is a corporate management problem because, for some reason, around May 2023, they changed the packaging for a Rite Aid product I ordered for store pickup. It's still in the store the smaller size still can be ordered online, but the larger size cannot. I brought the issue to the store manager and customer service. It's not a store issue. I have repeatedly sent copies of the bar code and shelf tag to customer service. A case is opened but the problem still isn’t fixed. I wonder how many other products Rite Aid sells that are not in the online store.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

Whoever designed Rite-aids apps and computer systems can not do basic math. And speaking to a pharmacist to show them the error does no good at all, because whatever the A.I. overlords say is the end all to beat all. RiteAid does their prescription refills by a calendar month, not days. So if they give you (what they consider to be a controlled substance) prescription, and it is for 30 pills, and the month has 31 days, they will not refill it by the 30th day, but in fact leave you one day short. So do the math. 12 (months) X 30 = 360. By riteaid's math works out correct for a medication you are NOT supposed to miss one day of in a 365 day year. By "basic math" rules, that leaves you 5 pills short in a year.

Now maybe that is the goverment's way of weening you off of medication for things like"anxiety", or massive ADHD or ASD. And if they need the prescription from the doctor, due to "controlled substance" medications not allowing for refills, they do not even take the time to call the doctor. They leave that up to you, and you have no idea whether they even tried or not. At this point, I have been without my meds for 3 days.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

This writer purchased an item thru Rite Aid online which was not used and tried multiple times to return within the 90 day period they advertised on their webpage. Vendor never replied back with a return label as promised, having to dispute charge thru my bank entity to address my request. Vendor proudly denied the dispute and added they are rated 3.7 out of 5 in customer satisfaction in customer affairs, no wonder. If they stood by their word, they would indeed have a much higher customer satisfaction rate. Rite Aid's customer service and satisfaction really left I lot to be desired for this client.

Reviewed May 10, 2023

My pharmacy released my PHI to an individual without any authority to do so. There was no active investigation going on and there was never any subpoena, warrant by any judge and this disclosure was without my knowledge or consent.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2023

January 2023 I went to add cash to my Cash App to pay a water bill, I get in store pull up my Pp, then selected RiteAid and gave them the QR code to scan. They scanned it but then the cashier proceeded to do something for another customer. So I gave my 120 in cash. He (the manager) gave my receipt and I left. 2 hours later I still do NOT have the money reflecting on my card, so I call Cash App they and they explained there is a transaction but it is incomplete so I would need to go back to the store and have them finish the transaction.

I go back to the store and the manager said he can't do anything about this because my QR code had expired and he would have to do another transaction. So I call cash app in front of the manager they tell me again he needs to finish the transactional. He says he can't finish without a QR scan and cash app confirmed it had expired and he would have to cancel the transaction that did not go through and redo. Cash app talked to the manager and told him this. He refused and said he would put in a call to corporate and let me know the next day. So I made a copy of the receipt (the receipt had the transaction but it had a random sequenced card number ex. 1123344556789 so obviously this is some default number. Anyways he knows he took my cash and by the time he applied my cash it was late because he helped another customer and he tried to finish it.

So the next day when I call him and ask what corp said he was waiting on their call back. So I ask him, "Well there should be an overage last night with my cash when you closed." Right away said, "Nope. Nope. No. There wouldn't be an overage." Anyways this is April is April. 3 months later and he still is waiting for corporate to reply. He states there is nothing RiteAid can do that it must be a glitch in cash app. And he stands firm that their app must have taken my money and they have nothing to do with cash app's applications. The thing is I'm on a budget and I collected money from 3 other roommates to pay our bill. I'm disabled and had to pay the full amount due out of my. Monthly check and not but some of my medications because of this.

Rite aid should be ashamed of theirs selves. I know they kept the money. They just didn't take the time to listen to the details and follow the transactions and the money. They are responsible. I handed my money to them and the receipt I got was not even a cash app card number. It was a default number they use for training. Never trust putting money on a secured card with this place, you will risk being ripped off and your money stolen.

Reviewed March 6, 2023

Response from the owner. "We are very sorry to hear about your experience, Damien. It’s our goal to make sure every customer receives the best possible service, and we are saddened this wasn't your experience with us. Please contact our Customer Care department by Twitter DM, Facebook PM, phone at 1-800-RITEAID (1-800-748-3243), or by email at customer.service@riteaid.com if you're open to discussing this further. Thank you."

WHAT A GENERIC LAUGHABLE RESPONSE, RITE AID! The RUDE pharmacist that refused to call and let us know that my wife's meds AFTER HER SURGERY would not be available for weeks, should be let go. TODAY! It's not our fault that you went to school for almost a decade so you could work in retail. This awful little man represents ALL RITE AID pharmacists in my opinion. You've caused my wife to sit in agony because you couldn't be bothered to "DO NO HARM". Pretty sure as the holder of a doctoral degree you take that oath. So, you are a FAILURE, SIR. But hey, at least you have your white coat, right?

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2023

I have been getting my senior dog's prescription filled at Rite Aid at 4245 Holland Rd. Virginia Beach VA and have had no problems until Jan 20, 2023. I took the prescription from my Vet to the pharmacy as usual explaining to her that the prescription needed to be filled in tablet form as the prescription stated and to please not substitute the liquid form as happened once before. The young lady took the prescription and looked up the account and showed the on duty pharmacist to ensure they had the tablets. After discussing it with the pharmacist she brought the prescription back to me and said they could not fill it because the Vet had not written my address on it and they could not write it on there. All of the prescriptions I have had filled there never had the address written on them so I asked if something had changed from last month when the same exact prescription was filled at the same exact pharmacy.

I was not upset and just asked the question, the pharmacist then came to the counter and started telling me that the DEA had strict rules on this medication, to which I asked her if the rules had changed from last month to which she rudely said if you would let me finish and stop jumping down my throat. I told her I was not jumping down her throat but was asking a question. I told her to please proceed and she again stated that the DEA had strict rules on the medication, I again told her I was not questioning the rules but asking if the rules had changed since last month to which she replied no. I then asked if they only enforced the rules sometimes since they had never done it before. She got upset and told me to leave and never come back. I was a little dumbfounded because I was just asking questions.

I asked her for her name which she refused to give so I then asked for the number to Corporate to which she replied, "I am sure you can figure it out yourself." This pharmacist who had a name tag with ** on it was very rude and unprofessional and I will never set foot in another Rite Aid for anything and have already transferred all prescription to Walgreens. On the way to drop the prescription off at Walgreens I did stop by my Vet and told him what just happened, he stated they never write addresses on prescriptions, he did so on mine to avoid any additional problems.

RiteAid author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

RiteAid has grown to become the third-largest drugstore chain in the United States. Operating mainly on the east coast, it provides multiple pharmacy services, both in-store and online. Services include prescription refills and transfers, one-trip refills, home delivery, Medicare Part D plans and specialty pharmacy services.

• Online prescription refills: Customers can create an online account profile that includes their personal information, doctor information and prescription details. Once logged in they can manage prescription refills by scheduling ongoing orders that tailor to each individual's treatment plan.

• Specialty pharmacy services: RiteAid offers online delivery, prescription scheduling and financial help for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs. They are accredited to distribute specialty medication and advise customers on diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis.

• OneTripRefills: For consumers who want to order their prescriptions online and pick them up at the nearest store, RiteAid offers OneTripRefills. OneTripRefills allows pharmacists to schedule all of a customer's prescriptions to be delivered at once, simplifying their pickup schedule.

• Prescription reminder services: RiteAid will help customers manage their prescriptions by sending reminders by email, text or phone when prescriptions are due for a refill or ready for pickup.

• Accreditation: RiteAid is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, ensuring it distributes prescription drugs safely. The URAC also accredits RiteAid’s specialty pharmacy practices.

RiteAid Pharmacy Company Information