RiteAid Pharmacy
1.80/5
Based on 85 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

RiteAid Pharmacy

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

490 RiteAid Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My grandboy just had surgery. We took the prescription to RiteAid to have it filled on the way home. We were told it would be 2 hours before they would fill it. He is in pain now from being cut on. He has to hurt for 2 hours to get his meds. To top it all off the lady was rude about it. We got the prescription back and took it elsewhere. Got it filled a lot quicker.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

When my doctor filed my prescription for filling in name brand this store has an agreement with our insurance to fill them. I am told that the store provider doesn’t carry the name brand. I had my doctor try again and they have fifty. They again said their provider doesn’t carry them. I am a disabled Veteran in a wheelchair and they again say their provider doesn’t carry them. The doctor wrote another script to get the remainder in generic which will cost another copayment. The managing pharmacist ** told me to call the doctor for the prescription.

Though by the AG’s office regulations the pharmacy was to reply to my doctor. My wife doesn’t have the time for running around for scripts and this pharmacy at 670 Parkway Road in Ewing NJ. who isn’t following the NJ AG rules and basically treated me as he was in control and will do as he feels with a disabled Veteran. I don’t have a ton of money to pay for something twice. Please note the pharmacy does not care about persons in need of their medication. He needs to be investigated for following rules and giving wrong information.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

On Nov 30th I ordered a scooter for my handicapped daughter. I have spent hours on the phone almost daily to no avail. Today I received an email from their supervisor stating some company was trying to contact me to deliver the scooter and that they had tried contacting me for three days. Not true. No one has called. No one has come to my door. I never have been contacted ever for a delivery. They just come to my door or leave a card. We have been home wait for the item. This is the second time they have told me that same story. Also they changed my order number again. This is the third time.

I would need another page to tell you all the excuses. Does anyone know how to contact the President of RiteAid? This has been a horrific experience to say the least. I will never order from them again!! This needs to be taken higher up but I haven’t been able to contact a higher official yet. Now tomorrow I’ll call and they will tell me the above which is a lie but the took out 970 dollars out of my account the next day. That was no problem. Nov. 30 to Dec 5 and still no scooter!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I had a refill due on 12/30/2017, but was told that it could not refilled until 12/31/2017. In the past I have had to go without my meds for several days, up to almost 2 weeks, because, **, has her own set of rules. I have been diagnosed with MS and several other conditions that come with MS. I have complained about this to the store and corporate to no effect. This store is located @ 1350 West D Street North Wilkesboro, NC. I have been shorted on pills, told some of my meds would have to be ordered, it's just one excuse after another. I have been going to this same store for over 3 years and I am fed up. Something really needs to be done with this store. I am quite sure that I am not the only one here where I live to have complaints with this store.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Rite Aid 65th and Franklin Cleveland's Westside - My family has been using this Rite Aid for 3-4 years now, & it's one staff member that keeps an unpleasant attitude. Long story short that same unpleasant clerk released 60 ** to my minor daughter, & had the nerve to have an attitude with my daughter when she wasn't sure how to sign for the drugs. They think I'm going to leave this situation alone... NOT. My name is Annette. My mom and daughter's name is Denise **. It happened 12/17/2017. I was supposed to pick it up for my mom. She got permission from another pharmacist for me to pick it up, & they said yes as long as I knew her info & had ID., still didn't ask my minor daughter for any of that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I bought a shirt on 12/18/17 and had to return it. When I got home I realized they had never given me back my original receipt. Nicole was the cashier and is also the (worst) manager. I spoke to her on the phone and she said they keep the original receipts and will not give it back. When I told her I needed it for my tax records, she basically told me I was out of luck. When I told her she couldn’t keep my receipt, she hung up on me. And when I asked for her boss, she would not give it to me. I called the pharmacy and they would not give me the person who heads up the store and its managers. She was very rude upon checkout and even worse when I tried to get my receipt back.

I think there is something very bad going on there. They have it and won’t give it back!! The date of inquiry is 12/20/17 @ 12:30pm, cashier # **. The transaction number of my new purchases is **, but that is not the transaction of my original receipt. Also, there was a transaction on 12/18 that occurred right after I was there and I did not make it. I’ve heard complaints before and believe that someone should investigate and rule out that there is no credit card fraud happening internally. If I could have complained to their manager, I would. But they have refused to give me any information.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

While refilling a prescription, I saw a sign at the pharmacy counter stating that opiate prescriptions will only be filled by "special order." When I asked the pharmacist, about it, he said it could take up to three days! This is BS. When you have post-surgery or post-dental pain, you need medication IMMEDIATELY! Not in two or three days. This is not the law, it is RiteAid overreaction on RiteAid's part. Please make sure you complain to both the local pharmacy, and corporate management.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Took a prescription in to be filled on a Friday. Come Tuesday when I called to inquire they never bothered to call me to let me know my doctor would need to call my insurance to update authorization. Got this handled ASAP. Called RiteAid back to fill the prescription on Monday. Cold is it follow up everyday up to Thursday to find out that each day they still needed to order the prescription. After a week of running out of a much-needed prescription and getting nowhere with the pharmacy on filling it all they can tell me is our supplier keeps failing to put it in our order of the day. And of course each time they supposedly put in the order it takes 3 days.

Here I am on the 11th day still waiting to get my prescription filled and waiting for them to tell me that the deadline in which they could fill the prescription from when my doctor wrote it has expired. I just want to know who I can call. Somebody really needs to be held accountable. All they can say is, "I am so sorry for the inconvenience". This is just ridiculous as I lay in bed for 7 Days in agonizing pain because of their negligence.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My problems with RiteAid go back to 2003 when my father was a cancer patient. The oncologist wrote a script for a drug, and when I arrived home with the script, the drug was similar in name to the what the doctor ordered but not the correct med. I immediately returned to the pharmacy and spoke to the pharmacist who nearly fainted and exclaimed, "I almost killed him." Over the years there have been minor mistakes here and there, but recently the errors have escalated to the point where I may have to file a complaint with the state. My mother receives incorrect doses, she is shorted pills, and then they lie and say we must have lost them, or that they did a pill count of the store and all the meds were there. They also try to blame the doctor's office for not correctly ordering meds. All lies on their part, and they are extremely rude and defensive. The Feds should be investigating their practices.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have had nothing but problems with this pharmacy. Every time I call in a refill they give me the wrong info which makes have to do their job for them. They also give me the wrong items when called and now I have go there a second time to get the right refill and they blow it off like it’s nothing. For example "Oh I guess they did the wrong thing" or "I guess they didn't check this or that". One too many mistakes for my liking. I could see a mistake here or there but continually? Really? This is a big chain and you would think that they have credible employees at the pharmacy dept. but they don't and I'm tired of listening to their excuses like it's nothing for them but it's something for me because now I have to do their job for them as well.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

A woman turned on me while I was shopping on said, "Shoplifter." She stands me down. I was the customer a security guard helped her and they screamed at me until I was confused and embarrassed. They were pushing and pulling at me until I forced my way past them and cut my hand. Gang of employees jumped me. 4102 RiteAid Pharmacy October 15, 2017 5:30 am, one male dressed in security guard gear, two women & I was a regular shopper.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Each month there was an issue getting prescription refilled. RiteAid always shifted the blame to my physician's office or insurance company, which is the largest in the world. I spent many hours each month on the phone to RiteAid, my physician's office and insurance company. After much research on my part it always came back to being the fault of RiteAid. My physician's office records telephone calls. When the nurse replayed the call she had with the RiteAid tech for my physician I'm told that this proved the RiteAid tech was dishonest.

My final straw with RiteAid was when one of the workers in the Hazel Green, AL pharmacy made remarks to me about my physician and his nurse questioning their competency and then bashing my insurance insinuating that it's substandard. I was without medication often because of the incompetence of RiteAid, NOT my physician or insurance. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that none were available and was hung up on. I did contact them again and spoke with a manager and MUCH LATER, after I had most likely forgotten more of the details I had someone from their higher management call me and was given all the customary apologies etc however I have since taken my prescriptions elsewhere and have not experienced any issue getting my prescriptions on time. I still have the same physician and same insurance. This serves as future proof that the issue was with RiteAid the whole time.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Today visited store 00819 to purchase Curel Hydra Therapy lotion as well as other items. There was a $2.00 coupon on the bottle of lotion as well, I had a $4.00 coupon. I presented the cashier with my Plenti card as well as the 4.00 coupon. During the transaction, while the register read 6.63. The cashier was attempting to take off the coupon. She then told me I could not use both coupons, I told her I didn’t see why since I had before in this exact store. She called for assistance. Theresa came to the front took the coupons and in a RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL manner stated, "You cannot use both of these coupons, they are both manufacturer's coupons and you can only use one." I told her, "I have had no problem, using both in the past in this store, why is this a problem now."

She stated I NEVER DID IT. "YOU WILL HAVE TO DECIDED WHICH COUPON YOU WANT TO USE." I of course chose the 4.00 coupon. She then realized the cashier had not even rang up the Curel lotion prior to attempting to utilize the coupons. Instead of apologizing that this was an error, she asked for the Plenti card, which I had provided at the beginning of the transaction. Another error on the cashier's part. Theresa snatched the card out of my hand, so RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I informed her she should never snatch anything out of anyone’s hand...

She tried to say she didn’t, however you know when someone snatches something out of your hand. She then with the store crowded made an announcement that people cannot use two manufacturer's coupons on one item, that cashiers are to ensure they remember that. This is a training item, that should be gone over in a meeting not on the floor when the lines are long to try to create a problem. I left the store knowing I was contacting the corporate office as this store needs customer service training in the worse way before you lose more customers.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have coming to this one Rite Aid for pain management because I am told not to shop around but every month when I have the same prescriptions that need refills in 30 Days this one store fails to remember after I have told repeatedly it won’t happen anymore. Another month where I had to go without pills because they didn’t remember.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Without conversation or consultation, I was administered a flu vaccine for senior citizens to which I am having a severe reaction. My husband, a just couple of months younger (I just turned 65) was administered the normal vaccine, with appropriate information. I resent being deemed undeserving of a choice, and having that choice made for me by the calendar and by someone who is unaware of my health history. If Rite Aid wishes to serve women after they reach age 65, perhaps they should invest the time to speak to them.

I called the pharmacy the next day, and was told that there is indeed a choice of 2 vaccines for someone my age, but they made that choice for me, and I should just put ice on my arm and be quiet while they make the decisions about my health care. FYI I am not doddering old woman, I am a working college professor accustomed to being consulted about matters relating to my body.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have always liked shopping Rite Aid until 2 weeks ago. I normally shop at the store. Unfortunately this time I had my grandson and was unable to do so. I placed an order online. I received an email confirmation that my items were shipped. I tracked the order and it showed an address in another state. I immediately called Rite Aid and explained it to the customer rep. She laughed and told me I would receive my order that she has received calls like this all day and it was a tracking error but I would receive it.

I kept an eye on the tracking details and it showed delivered to the address in another state. I contacted Rite Aid again and was told it was delivered to the wrong address. I explained that I needed the items that I paid for. I then received an email stating that they are resending the order but it is in my hands now if I don't receive them pretty much my loss. I can't explain how angry that made me. As of today I have yet to receive my items. I feel like Rite Aid is scamming people who order online. It pretty much feels like I have been robbed and nobody cares. I would never recommend ordering from Rite Aid online to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have used Rite Aid for a year and have been dissatisfied with their service from the beginning and will be changing pharmacies soon. They have lost refill requests numerous times and always blame it on the doctor's office who are adamant that they sent the requests in. I have been in the store at their posted 9 AM opening time 3 times and all 3 times they have been between 6-8 minutes late opening. This morning I was told by a sales associate that the pharmacist won't open until he has some help. OK, the help was 5 minutes late - that's not my problem. My time is as valuable as theirs. If your posted opening time is 9 AM, that's when you open - not at 9:06 or 9:08. It also takes much too long to get waited on in the store and particularly in the drive thru. As stated, I will be changing pharmacies soon and cannot recommend Rite Aid.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have been going to this pharmacy for a long time and in the past couple years I have experienced a decline in competency of the pharmacists’ ability to fill medications when they are due for refilling. I noticed the decline in service after there were "staff" changes. It continues to get worse. I submit my RX well in advance, 1-2 months ahead of time, and when I call to see if they are ready to pick up, I am told that there is a delay of my insurance company in approving them. Many times I have contacted my insurance adjuster, and was told that they have always approved the medicines immediately upon the pharmacist’s request. I believe my adjuster. I have been taking the same medicine for years so there is no delay in establishing approval from the insurance company. What I did find out is that the RiteAid Pharmacy in Phelan, Ca. 92371 is the weak link.

I am a disabled person as approved by the State of California. When I ask for an explanation from the pharmacy on why the medicines are not filled, they start off by telling me it’s the insurance companies’ fault, then they tell me that they don't always check the computer to see what RX's need filling, and further still, they say they don't have the medicines available because they don't check the computers and have to order them, which causes a delay in keeping a therapeutic level of medicine in my system. They are, however, proficient in giving out excuses.

Presently, I am now behind a total of more than 40 days’ worth of medicine due to delays caused by them, over a one year period. My doctor has been told of the situation and is concerned that the pharmacy is negligent in fulfilling their obligations to provide competent services to the public. From the comments of other patrons that are standing in line with me, they too have had some of the same experiences as well as other negative situations not described here. I have changed my pharmacy to another one (not a RiteAid Pharmacy) and I write this to warn the public that if they choose to use this RiteAid Pharmacy in Phelan, CA. 92371, the same thing could happen to them.

Due to the small rural town I live in there is only one other choice of a pharmacy, and since my change, I have had no problems in getting the medicines I need in a timely, competent manner. I feel that the "big wigs" in charge of RiteAid Pharmacy, should start an investigation into the practices that are being conducted at this pharmacy. I am not the only one that is suffering from their incompetency.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have been going to this pharmacy for 2 years since moving to Quincy Ma. I have never had a problem with them. They've always helped me out and are very punctual filling my prescriptions. The last 3 scripts I filled is where I have the problem. I shouldn't have to count my medication every time I fill my prescriptions, that's their job. I know people make mistakes (being a nurse myself). I get home and I'm supposed to have 60 pills due to I take 1 tab twice a day. Instead she gave me 30 pills. So I called and she told me after 2 weeks call and she'll refill the rest. Ok I was happy with that answer but I have yet to go back because I have a few more days. Then a week later I filled another script, supposed to get 120 pills and was given 90. NOW THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

I called and they gave me a hard time because I didn't notice it until 2 days later when I realized the bottle didn't look full enough. So I never got the 30 pills that they forgot to give me. Which is THERE ERROR NOT MINE. Now I'm gonna run out early. They don't care. So when I went to pick up my controlled substance script, I counted the pills before I left the pharmacy and said to the male pharmacist that there has been some errors made on their behalf recently. Instead of apologizing and talking to me he says "So why do you come here then" I said excuse me? He said "Why do you come here, there's other pharmacies." That's my complaint!!! He did not have to speak to me like that. I'm in the healthcare field and you treat people with respect. Not tell them to go to another store because of his mistake.

The bottle said 120 pills were in the bottle but there were only 90... That's a HUGE error. Make sure you count your pills and make sure you have the right medication in the bottle before you leave the pharmacy. Once you leave the store they don't care about you. Now I wonder how many times I've been shorted pills, pharmacists can do drug diversion and it happens more than people know.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Back on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at approximately 12:30 p.m., I visited your local downtown RiteAid store located at: 500 South Broadway Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90013 (213) 623-5820 and did not have a very good RiteAid shopping experience. The waiting lines were horrendous and your female store employee that was servicing me could have invited me to come right to the front of the line and/or offered me a chair to sit down since she could see that my right foot was all bandaged up because I am in extreme pain just above the heel at the back of my foot.

Well it gets much worst than that: when I finally got to the front counter to pay for my things, I realized that I did not have a plastic spoon for my yogurt and I asked the exact, same cashier if she could please get me a plastic spoon for my yogurt since it was somewhat hard for me to walk around in my current condition (in which she could clearly see). You know what her response was? Answer: "The spoons are at the end over by the ice cream counter and you could go and get one yourself!" I was in extreme shock!

After I slowly walked all the way to one end of the store with my right foot that is in extreme pain just to get a plastic spoon since your female cashier was too lazy and/or selfish to do so for me on my behalf based on my current condition, I then asked to speak to her manager to file a complaint. When her male manager came over to me, he did absolutely nothing about the situation! In fact, he was not even interested in hearing what the customer (meaning me) has to say! I honestly have had more than enough with the damn abuse coming from your store!

Your Rite Aid corporation store employees have absolutely no dignity and no respect for disabled, handicapped and/or even customers that are bandaged up such as myself and it sure shows! At this point: I am so angry and upset that I am publishing negative reviews on social media to let the public know how your store employees treat Rite Aid customers! I probably will not go back to that particular store based on that horrible, low class level of customer no service!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I went to the North Royalton Ohio RiteAid and took a picture of something they had on sale to send to someone via text to see if they wanted some since they were on sale and I was there. I was approached by someone who asked me if I needed help. I said no. She told me that "you're not allowed to take pictures of things in the store, nope, you're not. You're going to have to leave." So, I did. I was embarrassed and insulted. I contacted corporate who told me upper and lower management were contacted and would contact me in 24 to 48 hours or sooner. I didn't hear from anyone so I sent corporate another email. I was contacted that afternoon by the store manager who happened to be that one that talked to me that morning. She basically called me a liar by saying she didn't tell me to leave the store and when I said I was insulted and embarrassed, she said there was no one else on the store but her and me.

I told her there was at least one more person that walked in with me and the cashier. She said she was sorry I misunderstood and was sorry I didn't accept her apology. I asked if that was store policy and she said "technically people are not allowed to take pictures of things in the store because they didn't know what would be done with the pictures. You could be media or something". Ok what do they have to hide? I told her they should post signs stating no pictures and I wanted to know if it was their policy or just "technically" a policy. I was treated pretty crappy all the way around. I won't be back there.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I'm disabled and have a lap dog who is at all times my companion. I have come to this RiteAid for many years and there's a new employee, young female. She had an army jacket, hood on and cap on walking towards me. My ESA bark at her as he is on my lap. He stopped immediately when I assured him it is ok. She is on the phone earpiece on and repeatedly says, "** dog." When I ask her not say that she says, "I'm on the phone I say whatever I want." I then say, "Go to a room and say whatever you want where the customer won't hear." She then says, "Get out of my store", I say, "This is not your store. Now you're yelling at me, a customer, to get out for asking you not to use profanities speaking of my support dog" and she then on the phone says "** please you don't know."

Who can I report this to, the manager asked her side of the story. She said "It's ok. It's not necessary. Her word against mine." As a disabled female I felt very vulnerable with how she verbally attacked me and my ESA and the manager did not do handle it properly. He said he was there only one night that he will tell the morning manager.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I went to a RA located in Beaverton Oregon, 12575 SW Walker Rd on July 20th 2017, about 8:50 pm because I know the Pharmacy is from 9am-9pm. Shows on the door sign and online Pharmacy hour till 9 pm. I went in with an urgent need for a special mouthwash. I had done a biopsy, painful mouth. The Pharmacy manager, Soraya **, informs that she will not take any after 8:45 pm. I beg her as these are just mouthwash and a toothpaste. She smiles and asks me to go another RA in Tanasbourne. I pointed out the door sign shows Pharmacy till 9 pm. She smiles and asks me to leave.

I ask to speak with the store manager, Zeek **, he speaks with Soraya, but can't change her mind. I ended up having to leave and going to the Tanasbourne RiteAid, where I had to wait for another 25 minutes. By exactly 10:10 pm, I finally got the mouthwash. From 8:50 pm - 10:10 pm I was in pain, hungry, and not even sure I got infection during this critical time.

Original review: July 26, 2017 After getting my pain meds filled by Rite Aid for over a year, a fill in pharmacist was there and refused my refill. They can see the history, they are never early, they are the same every month but this fill in refused service because "he can". I understand there is a drug epidemic in Ohio but it does NOT mean everyone on pain meds is an addict!!! I get so angry for being judged! I get so angry that a pharmacist can make someone go cold turkey by refusing service, that's not okay!!!

It is also not right that a cashier would relate an incorrect message to me as well!

Why doesn't the pharmacist man up and get on the phone! I dropped off the script 3 days early (as I always do), why didn't they call me and express their lies 3 days ago instead of waiting until they are due to fill and leave me in a bind? The authority that states give a pharmacist is not okay! The "fill in" staff is RUDE!!! I told them 3 different times NOT to fill them until the date that was on the script yet I still got a message on my phone stating the refill was "too early". I have Never had a problem until my pharmacist went on VC. Rite Aid needs to stop profiling people!!! Control the drug addicts and leave the honest people alone!!!

Original review: July 23, 2017

I am really upset with the way things are done at the mentor store on munson rd. They have a girl that works there and she is very very lazy. I can call there for up to 20 minutes and I know she has to be the one working because she will not pick up the phone when it rings. Also many many times I have called my Dr. to see if he had sent in my refills and when he tells me yes he did I call RiteAid and the girl says no he never called in. Many times that has happened. So the next shift person comes on and I ask if my refill have been sent in and they check everywhere and yes it is there. And I'm always told well she didn't look good enough. And if I go there and she is eating WOW do not bother her. She is a pleasant person to talk to but very very lazy. And when I ask if she can check everywhere because the Dr said he sent it in she says no it's not here.

I don't remember her name but I think she is the only ** girl there. When I call or go there and Mary or the other woman is working there is no problem. I get about 10 scripts a month plus my son and husband's so I really don't want to change stores but if I continue to have to work with that one woman then I will. It is very bothersome to have to call RiteAid then my Dr then RiteAid again then the Dr again. Sometimes 5 or 6 times. And that is upsetting the Dr that I have to continue to call so many times while all that time the script is at RiteAid.

Someone has to explain to that girl where the scripts will be when the Dr sends them in. I am really not a complainer until I have to go through things over and over. Is she lazy or is it that things do not register in her head. I don't think she should be working with the public. I pull up to the window when I go there and she just looks at me and says yeah instead of can I help you. Sorry to say but I think you will be losing many customers over her.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Cashier was very rude and unfriendly, I purchased an item that scanned for 14.99 when price listed on shelf was 12.99. Cashier refused to give me the correct price. I had to ask for a manager to come and do an accurate price check. Manager did not show up promptly and by the time he finally did I had decided that I was not going to get the item. This occurred at RiteAid store no. 00721 304 Market Street Harrisburg PA.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have been getting my scripts filled at Riteaid for 11 years. This past month they got a new pharmacist who rather play DEA instead of doing her job. I take pain meds and I know all the rules. I never ask for early refills or anything that would put me as a suspected drug addict. However if you get a 30 day supply of meds and there is 31 days in a month. You will be a day short. This pharmacy can't seem to understand that. So every month that has 31 days I lose a day of meds because she refuses to refill. Don't know how she made it thru school not knowing to count. Poor business all around!

Original review: July 6, 2017

My experience with RiteAid Pharmacy has been sadly very negative. Rite Aid has made repeated mistakes in its preparation of my medications and has caused me great bodily injury, unneeded suffering and lost wages. I have been a very loyal customer of Rite Aid for more than 30 years. Lately the repeated mistakes and the level of job competence has finally forced me to take my business elsewhere. RiteAid has dispensed to me medications that they know I am deathly allergic to, causing me to end up in the emergency room and prolonged hospital stays in the burn unit. When I confirmed with them that my allergy was properly noted in their computer, their answer was "I'm sorry but we forgot to check the computer for your allergies." Just the total incompetence and severe neglect of the customer's well being and health is incredibly troubling as they fail to do even the most basic requirements of the job.

Last month I suffered a severe spinal injury that required an emergency surgery lasting over 5 hours. Needless to say I was in a crushing amount of pain after the huge procedure. My surgeon wrote me a hard copy prescription for analgesic pain medicine. I took the prescription to Rite Aid to be filled as I was in the worst pain of my life, and truly needed relief. Just to get clothes on and drive in my car was unbelievably painful. When I arrived at the Rite Aid Pharmacy during business hours I watched as the Eastern Indian woman head pharmacist walked out of the store past me. I checked and discovered that the pharmacist had closed the pharmacy vastly early with 25 minutes left to conduct business! Five other customers came in during business hours and seeing the pharmacy closed prematurely left understandably quite unhappy.

I was forced to drive back home and suffer greatly with no medication after a major spinal surgery. The next day I returned to the Rite Aid Pharmacy quite early in the case she decided to leave a half hour early again. I was informed by the Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist that they were unable to fill any prescriptions for anyone all night because they were conducting inventory. I attempted to inform her that it was still business hours and I was severely in need of having my hard copy prescription filled, but she disregarded my inquiries and walked away from the counter. I waited an hour and a half hoping they would have mercy as I just had spinal surgery and I did have the required hard copy prescription in hand, but the lady refused to address me ignoring my multiple inquiries until she again closed the pharmacy and left the store early with time remaining in advertised pharmacy business hours.

I was forced again to suffer the massively painful car trip to my residence and a horrible second day without any pain medication after a tremendous spinal trauma. The 3rd day I again suffered the preparation and the trip to the Rit Aid Pharmacy to have my hard copy prescription filled. I stood in line and watched as other patrons were given their prescriptions, but when I reached the front of the line the Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist said she wouldn't be filling any prescriptions for me. Surprised, I inquired as to the reason she had. She said "The DEA is restricting me from having my prescriptions filled". This statement made by this woman was obviously not true. I made repeated polite inquiries as to why she is saying something like she did and how can she just override the surgeon.

She adamantly refused to explain herself to me, and she gave no explanation, seemingly unable to articulate in English as her second language. Finally she replied saying she was going to call the police! For what reason I wondered as she had been treated very cordially and professionally by me for 3 days. With an hour left in the business hours the Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist announced that they couldn't fill any more prescriptions as their computer was now suddenly down. I couldn't confirm this to be true. An assistant pharmacy tech told me to drive a half hour to another Rite Aid Pharmacy to get my prescription filled. I suffered the fury of the unbelievable pain in my spine and body as I drove the distance. When I finally arrived there the pharmacy staff informed me that their computers were down.

I asked if one Rite Aid Pharmacy computer goes down does that mean that all the stores in the area's computers are down as well? The pharmacist said yes. It appears that a lack of basic understanding and a basic knowledge of the job is lacking in the Rainier Ave Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist. The incompetence of this woman is astounding. Her customer service, job knowledge and language skills are simply not there, as clearly is any empathy or sympathy at all. The lead pharmacist at the Rainier Valley Rite Aid is the worst employee I have ever seen; breaking company rules and the astounding negative effects she has perpetrated upon me and my healing process is totally unacceptable by anyone's standards. After over 30 years as a loyal money spending customer I am forced to leave RiteAid as the pharmacy there has been degraded to flagrant neglect and unbelievable incompetence.

It appears she has had no training at all in her job that she so consistently fails to do, as well as the fact she is completely lacking in the ability to clearly communicate with the customer. Hey Rite Aid! Shape up or you won't have any customers left at all to shop in your stores... Personally I'm taking my business elsewhere after being made to suffer so massively by the inept performance of this untrained and awful woman.

Original review: June 27, 2017

The pharmacy technician use a coupon l provide and then my prescription was more expensive than without coupon. l asked her the reason. The answer was the price is the same than last time and she tried make me believe l use the coupon the first time which was impossible because by that time l didn't got it. RiteAid one of the most expensive pharmacy and dishonest.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Apparently RiteAid now allows their cashiers to pick and choose whom they will check out, based on whether or not they think you're a "nice person." I had an encounter with a woman who would NOT check me out because 2 months prior, had her check me out but had to leave before she was done because she took too long, was too busy talking to other people, and I had a bus to catch. I had forgotten about the incident but she apparently thought I intentionally snubbed her (I DIDN'T). Now whenever she sees me, she tells me to get out of "her" store and says she won't check me out. RiteAid is also afraid of disciplining employees of certain races or ethnicities.

RiteAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

RiteAid has grown to become the third-largest drugstore chain in the United States. Operating mainly on the east coast, it provides multiple pharmacy services, both in-store and online. Services include prescription refills and transfers, one-trip refills, home delivery, Medicare Part D plans and specialty pharmacy services.

• Online prescription refills: Customers can create an online account profile that includes their personal information, doctor information and prescription details. Once logged in they can manage prescription refills by scheduling ongoing orders that tailor to each individual's treatment plan.

• Specialty pharmacy services: RiteAid offers online delivery, prescription scheduling and financial help for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs. They are accredited to distribute specialty medication and advise customers on diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis.

• OneTripRefills: For consumers who want to order their prescriptions online and pick them up at the nearest store, RiteAid offers OneTripRefills. OneTripRefills allows pharmacists to schedule all of a customer's prescriptions to be delivered at once, simplifying their pickup schedule.

• Prescription reminder services: RiteAid will help customers manage their prescriptions by sending reminders by email, text or phone when prescriptions are due for a refill or ready for pickup.

• Accreditation: RiteAid is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, ensuring it distributes prescription drugs safely. The URAC also accredits RiteAid’s specialty pharmacy practices.

• Best for: customers needing a convenient way to manage multiple prescription schedules.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.riteaid.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use