RiteAid Pharmacy

RiteAid Pharmacy

3.9/5 (455 ratings)

About RiteAid Pharmacy

RiteAid Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

The pharmacist looks for the best deals on our prescriptions so if there are coupons that will make them cost less than our insurance she uses them to bring down our costs. Plus they are fantastically

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have been going to my local RiteAid since it opened some 15 years ago. They always have what I'm looking for. The shelves are always stocked and easy to find. The pharmacy tech know me by name....

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Everyone is always very helpful at the pharmacy part. Not so much about the front selections. Are good stores. Very clean. I like the sales on the holiday merchandise and if they don't take a long time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I Find the staff very helpful. They send you a text and voicemail messages in your prescriptions are ready. You can dL app. I love that RiteAid gives free at home delivery if you have two or more.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I have always been well treated by all the staff at my pharmacy. It is as though my visiting with friends and that is very nice when you are stressed about having an ailment and need a prescription.

Original review: April 9, 2021

First off.. if I could give them ZERO stars I would... but I have to click on at least 1. I recently walked into what I thought was my local Bartells Pharmacy on 6th Ave. in Tacoma only to find out when I went to pick up my husband's monthly $22 prescription, it had gone up to $88 because I was now purchasing it from RITE AID... I had no idea they bought Bartells (I don't follow the news much).. but to be SHOCKED with such a HUGE increase in pricing for a GENERIC medication for a mere 28 tablets is a total RIP OFF. It's funny how one pharmacy charges $8... another $22.. and now Rite Aid $88 .. I will never step into that store EVER again,, will NEVER go to a RITE AID pharmacy.. and will go back to driving 14 miles away to get the same $88 scrip for $8 from CostLess.... Rite Aid is a Rip Off!!!

Original review: March 20, 2021

Rite Aid Pharmacy Located on 580 Bailey Rd Bay Point Ca 94565 has the worst service. I’ve been a long time customer but had to look for more reliable Pharmacy! Don't tell your customer to come back multiple times to pick up their Rx.., and there shouldn’t be an issue because it’s only a refill and not even a controlled medication.

Original review: March 6, 2021

If I could give Rite Aid 0 stars, I would. I paid for my daughter's prescription 2 weeks ago, but they didn't have everything in stock, so I was told to come back today. Then, today they tried to charge me AGAIN for what I had already paid for. When I became upset, they had the nerve to lecture me on "being respectful" when it was THEM who were horrifically disrespectful. NEVER GO TO RITE AID. THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

My experience: Having been alerted weeks ago (Jan 13, 2021) that RiteAid pharmacies in the San Francisco Bay Area had appointments available for those 65+ for the first of the two Covid-19 vaccinations, I jumped at the opportunity that same day. It's a good thing, for the slots at various RiteAid locations disappeared very quickly. I was willing to drive anywhere and thus ended up going to one of the 2 locations in Antioch, CA, about 30 miles away, even though a RiteAid is located within walking distance of my home. Meanwhile and for safekeeping, I also tried to apply through the Contra Costa County, Safeway, and Muir Medical Group, of which I am a member. I persisted - (telephone, email, websites) and never heard back from any of those providers.

Yesterday, I received my 1st vaccination at the Antioch location at 20 East 18th Street (store #05908). I did not feel safe or comfortable. When I entered, some customers were not wearing masks, which should have been an omen. The store is relatively small, and the pharmacy was situated in the back. The area in which the vaccinations were being administered was directly adjacent to the pick-up line for medications, and there was a long line with customers not necessarily observing social distance. I expected to be ushered into a private room, as my friends had been who had been inoculated at other RiteAid locations. Instead, I had to sit in one of two chairs in close proximity to each other - and furthermore SURROUNDED by others as I awaited the shot. No space, no privacy.

After 15+ minutes, a technician appeared. She briefly explained the procedure, although I had trouble understanding her due to a language barrier. When I asked her a few (what I felt) were routine questions, she seemed unwilling or unable to answer them, anxious to move on. When I voiced a complaint about the lack of privacy and social distancing among others, she responded with "it's always crowded here" and dismissed me. She told me to remain in my seat for 15 minutes (standard operating procedure) but didn't bother to check on my condition. I left the store, feeling grateful that I had succeeded in getting vaccinated in the first place, overcoming the challenges of making my way through the chaotic system.

I have tried to re-schedule my 2nd appointment for the shot that will occur at the same location. I personally visited the pharmacy of a close-by RiteAid store and was told it had no ability to alter appointments. I contacted the Corporate RiteAid customer service department and was informed that no central phone number existed by which I could change my appointment. Instead I was directed to the website of the County Health Offices and to the original email address by which I booked the appointment (neither option worked). I have filed a written complaint.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

The Rite Aid on Chicago in Riverside is unsafe to shop in. Transients sit in front of the doors!! The guard sits on a cart on his phone oblivious to the surroundings! If you call no will ever answer the phone in the pharmacy! Moreover they could care less.

RiteAid author review by ConsumerAffairs

RiteAid has grown to become the third-largest drugstore chain in the United States. Operating mainly on the east coast, it provides multiple pharmacy services, both in-store and online. Services include prescription refills and transfers, one-trip refills, home delivery, Medicare Part D plans and specialty pharmacy services.

• Online prescription refills: Customers can create an online account profile that includes their personal information, doctor information and prescription details. Once logged in they can manage prescription refills by scheduling ongoing orders that tailor to each individual's treatment plan.

• Specialty pharmacy services: RiteAid offers online delivery, prescription scheduling and financial help for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs. They are accredited to distribute specialty medication and advise customers on diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis.

• OneTripRefills: For consumers who want to order their prescriptions online and pick them up at the nearest store, RiteAid offers OneTripRefills. OneTripRefills allows pharmacists to schedule all of a customer's prescriptions to be delivered at once, simplifying their pickup schedule.

• Prescription reminder services: RiteAid will help customers manage their prescriptions by sending reminders by email, text or phone when prescriptions are due for a refill or ready for pickup.

• Accreditation: RiteAid is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, ensuring it distributes prescription drugs safely. The URAC also accredits RiteAid’s specialty pharmacy practices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team