RiteAid Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have a great experience with them. When I get there they know me and check to make sure I have all my scripts and when I'm due again. They're nice and courteous, smile when they see you, know what scripts are ready and will ask if I mind waiting while they check if any scripts need approval or updated. If so they ask if I want to wait or come back. They will apologize if there's a problem.

Would like to see little Negrin hours for the pharmacy and I am somewhat concerned about the turnover of pharmacists. Three I particularly liked left within the past two years, two of which left within months of each other. These gentlemen seemed experienced and concerned with the consumers' welfare. The people that replaced them are considerably younger, and while friendly, I am somewhat concerned that they may not have the depth of experience possessed by their predecessors. Also, there are a couple of products my husband and I would like to see in stock there: Pears' soap, more of a selection of Jewish-themed cards, **, IBgard.

My Rite Aid in Owings Mills Maryland is open 24 hours 365 days a year, which is very important to me. The pharmacist and techs have always been able to answer any questions that I have. They make you feel like family. Everyone who comes in feels this way. They know most of their customers by name and greet you like you were an old friend. Any problems that may arise, they will go out of their way to resolve it and do it with a smile. They are very busy and serve a lot of people so the wait time can be up to 2 hours, even when waiting in store for your script to be filled. For their rewards program, you earn money in the form of redeemable coupons when you fill scripts or purchase certain products and get discounts on certain products which can help make their higher prices more reasonable. I will never go any place else.

There's a long line and the staff has more talking and laughing than waiting on customers. Also, they were not that knowledgeable about certain medicines. The rewards program is null and store hours are not convenient.

Their service in Vidalia is great. The pharmacists at my Rite Aid store keep track of our medications so we do not get medicines that interfere with each other. The service is fast and friendly, and they all know our names and if someone else picks up the scripts they want to know why I'm not there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

I just had to switch and so far am very pleased with my first visit. I was in & out within 10 minutes, very surprising! The pharmacist was the only one there, really professional, personable & kind. The store was quite empty when I went but I'm sure they have their busy times. However, if they are normally close to this quick, I'd gladly trade my old place that had later hours & a drive-thru every day!

RiteAid Pharmacy is close and convenient for my daily schedule to pick up my prescriptions. My pick ups are not always ready when they say but they always contact me to tell me and that saves me a lot of time. So I really appreciate that part and they are very friendly and ready to do whatever it takes to make sure I leave with a smile on my face. It's hard to find that kind of service so I thank the good work of the pharmacy at RiteAid. They're not perfect but they do a good job and they care. Keep up the great work.

The store is located in an area 50+ miles from the nearest major pharmacy competitor; nevertheless, it provides excellent service. The local store has recently been renovated and the staff has always been friendly and knowledgeable.

The store needs updating and increase the store opening hours. Improve the pharmacy people based on knowledge and skills and they need to be a people person in that line of field meaning they need to be more helpful and caring and willing and wanting to help the patrons who come in to have their prescriptions taken care of. They all act as if they are made to be there, they are not friendly don't want to help you. They always have a frown on their faces. Knowledge level is very low.

Preston from Store # 05840 thought he could command me to get to the back of the line when I had already stood in line for 5 minutes. What happened was that people after me started a line on their own. The manager Rose saw that I had already been waiting, but this ** punk wanted to educate me on how many lines there were and if there is only one then I should get in the back of the line. I told him... "I was here before everyone and I'm not getting in line again. Get me your manager," at which, the aforementioned, Rose, the manager told him "Preston, he was already there before everyone." I'm a couponer, so I told him "That's right, so take me and my coupons!" That pissed him off so much and he sent me over to Rose and called the next customer. Rude Rude Rude, I am never shopping at this RiteAid ever again. Wanting to school me on lines and such? Rude **!

The 'rewards program' is a sham; a person has to buy quite a bit just to gain back a few bucks. Generally, this particular 'store' is somewhat below average in personnel, mainly because of personnel turn-over and mostly lack of merchandise that's advertised on sales ads; however, the store's well stocked when it comes to liquor/beer/wine!

This has been my pharmacy and store for 16 years and the people are wonderful and knowledgeable. There have been some changes in pharmacists but not in their quality of care of customers. They are always willing to answer questions and if they don't know they find out.

They're friendly and knowledgeable. It be better if the store was open 24 hours but I understand that it's not and why it's not in that location. So overall a good experience all the way around. It might be good too if I actually used their rewards program.

My RiteAid pharmacy is fast and efficient and they make it a point to get to know everyone's name... even though they only see me in the drive-thru. On the rare occasion I enter the store, it is always clean and organized. Plus, the staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

A great place to get your prescriptions, friendly staff and always try and make the wait as short as possible. I really like the pharmacist at this location as he is always ready to help, even jumps in when the line is getting long. Never have had a prescription filled wrong and they have great deals on other over the counter items also.

I like shopping at Riteaid, everyone is always so friendly and helpful and the pharmacy staff knows so much about my prescriptions and the other medications that I am prescribed and they all know me by name. They acknowledge me when I walk up to the pharmacy.

I recently switched insurance companies and wasn't sure if my new insurance had a contract with Walmart pharmacies, which I'd been using before the switch, so when the nurse asked me which pharmacy I wanted them to send my refills prescriptions to I told them to fax them to RiteAid since I knew my new insurance was accepted by them.

I've been fighting for two weeks now to get my pain meds filled all because the pharmacist had two "major" problems: 1) They didn't want to fill it since I had previously been going to Walmart pharmacy and I even told them the reason I switched was because I was unsure whether Walmart accepted my new insurance or not and knew that RiteAid did and I tried getting this fixed with my pain management office and I've called their office at least 20 times now trying to understand what the problem is and why they're making me suffer and 2) The pharmacist saw that besides my pain patches I am also prescribed **, which he said he didn't feel comfortable filling the patches if I am also taking **, but the ** is for breakthrough pain and is nowhere near comparable in pain relief as the patches are and so I have been fighting tooth and nail to get my patches filled as that is the main source for my pain relief.

I have been suffering through terrible withdrawals and haven't slept more than an hour here and there. I am EXTREMELY pissed off that pharmacists are overruling the decisions of what doctors are prescribing to their patients just because "they don't feel comfortable with it." This is highly unethical and unacceptable for patients with chronic pain and is a violation of the Hippocratic oath when it states, "At first, do no harm," and it is causing me immense harm by not only suffering with excruciating pain due to failed back surgery and Fibromyalgia but also suffering the withdrawals from a medication I've been on for almost 10 years now! It is irresponsible to cut a patient off of something so strong without tapering as it is extremely dangerous and can be fatal, so he should be more worried of my dying because I have NOTHING else to help me!!! RiteAid pharmacists are **!!!

Everyone I've been exposed is helpful and willing to provide assistance. You can usually hear "can I help you" or when there's long line of customers employees say "Open up. Done in under 5 minutes". Pharmacists are very professional and even know what aisles items are in and instruct techs to show customers. I'm very pleased with RiteAid.

No reward program for RX - Despite heavy volume from closed independent pharmacy. Space is also very limited for the increased volume, including a drive-in. There usually are four pharmacists, they answer my occasional question thoroughly. Plus, employees are knowledgeable and courteous. Phoning a refill is done in automated manner and very efficiently. Phone access is easy and responsiveness is professional.

The pharmacy staff is friendly and knowledgeable, but at times overwhelmed by customers and phone calls. There need to be more people working behind the counter. Generally, I don't know why we can't have pharmacies like in Germany. You walk in with a prescription and have it filled immediately. If they don't have it in stock in the morning, they'll have it in the afternoon, or sometimes deliver it to your house.

The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They make you feel like your health is important to them. I ran out of a blood pressure med that I had been taking for a while and the pharmacy gave me a 3 day fill on until my Dr was available to refill the order, making sure that there was no time I had to be without medication.

I have done business in Canal Fulton, Ohio with this pharmacy twice. The first time I called and specifically asked if my rx could be filled for 30 days rather than 21. I was assured that would not be a problem as long as it was going to be an ongoing medication. After I went through the difficulty (and it was difficult) of transferring the rx from another pharmacy I was miraculously told I could only have it filled for 21 days. I remained with them simply because of the difficulty transferring it.

Today I called with a rx for my dog. I was quoted a price of $13.75. I repeated the price back to them TWICE and was told that was a correct quote. Lo and behold my husband picked up the meds and he was charged $22.09. When I called the pharmacy I was told they never gave me the price quote of $13.75. After I raised a fit they agreed to reimburse the difference. Needless to say I have transferred my meds to a completely different pharmacy. CONSUMER BEWARE: RITEAID EMPLOYEES BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS.

A pharmacist at a RiteAid drug store contacted one of my doctors offices and reported that I had purchased alcohol at the drug store where they worked. As a result of this action by this pharmacist, the doctor that this was reported to, in turn contacted other physicians with this information and these doctors have denied my future medications as well.

The action of this call from the pharmacist to the doctor's office has spread through my medical records and cannot be erased. I received a notice by letter of mail from the first doctor contacted (by the pharmacist) stating and all future appointments were cancelled and my medications would no longer be refilled and to seek other medical care. I actually had an appointment with this doctor scheduled the following day that I received the letter so I went to the appointment to discuss this with the doctor.

I was informed by the staff that the doctor would not see me anymore and that the RiteAid pharmacy had reported me for purchasing alcohol. (What.) I was totally speechless by this. I then went to the Rite Aid store and requested a consultation at the pharmacy. When the pharmacist entered the room, I told what the staff at the doctors office had told me. To my surprise, the pharmacist then admitted that they were the one that made the phone call but did not realize that the doctor would take this kind of action against me.

I then asked what prompted this and the reply was that it was related to the medicine I was being prescribed. There was no label on this medicine bottle stating (DO NOT consume alcohol or-----). So, I am way more over 21 and alcohol is not an illegal product, so why did this happen? Why does Rite Aid sell alcohol if they are going to use this against you? What if diabetic purchased candy? What if a person using nicotine patches purchased tobacco? Are all of these customers going to be reported to their doctors? I feel this is a severe violation of personal privacy.

In conversation with other people sharing this incident, there was a person that knew a pharmacy tech that worked at this RiteAid pharmacy. This tech asked the pharmacist about this and the reply was that another tech saw me purchase the alcohol and reported it, that was the response back to tech from the pharmacist so I was told. So, is the pharmacist saying they did not actually see me buy the alcohol? Are they acting on another person's information?

Another RiteAid employee confused about this gave me the contact information of the regional manager. I called this manager and shared this information, I was told that it would be looked into and they would contact me with a follow up. I waited a week and called again only to get their voice mail, then another, then another and so on.

This continued for several weeks. Finally, after weeks a call was answered and I was told that the pharmacist acted with proper procedure. I was not satisfied with this answer so I have written 2 privacy complaints forms to RiteAid at their main office in Harrisburg PA only to get No response back from either complaint letter. Maybe Rite Aid does not want to address this issue or are they ignoring this incident? Maybe the mail is not getting to the correct source.

I am sharing this experience with you because your drug store may not be the best place to purchase certain products even if they are on sale. Someone seeing you, or someone's hearsay, or in some manner just about everywhere you go you are most likely being watched and it could possibly cause you some inconvenience. Thank you for allowing me to submit this incident. Respectfully submitted.

When call for my meds they have an excuse. One of med needed to be filled on the 5 of the month and it gets filled on the 19th. I called a week and half before my ** but it never got filled. They said it needs prior authorization. So I called the doctor office and come to find out RiteAid just sent it to the doctor yesterday. They said maybe I will get my med on Monday. 2 weeks without the med. It will be a great vacation to sleep all day. Then my ** I take 900 mg and I got 1600mg.

I have business that I need to make pictures. When I go to RiteAid to use the photo kiosk it is out of order. Or running so slow it's a joke. They only have one in the store so there is often a line with a long wait. I called to complain and they said they can't help. I am very very disappointed and dissatisfied with RiteAid. I recommend going to Eckerd Pharmacy. They have new equipment and have 2 of them in the store. No lines.

Terrible customer service agent who talks like a robot. Was happy to cancel order instead of trying to rectify the situation. Order for supplements was placed on 11/14/16. No response as of 4 days later. When called to talk to this obnoxious lady, all she said was that it takes 4-7 days to receive the order. No response to why the order was not shipped in 4 days. I really was hoping to get this order within a week because I needed these items! I don't think these people know how to do business on-line. I am definitely not ordering again. There are many other options so please stay away.

Submit a complaint on store level, to corporate customer care and receive no reply. They were OUT AGAIN of an important medication and took a day and a half to text me to let me know. The pharmacy technician was rude, unhelpful and condescending to me. This was more than the third strike. The staff at the front end of the store is nice but the pharmacy staff is consistently dismissive and condescending to women calling men "Mr." and me a woman by my first name.

This may seem small but is all around disrespect that as a woman I get treated with less deference than a man. I have had my fill. I have taken my business elsewhere. I will no longer shop at 865 Central Ave. RiteAid unless I gave free money on my Plentiful Card. I have found a pharmacy that is cheaper - CVS. Nicer and has my medication in stock regularly and set me up automatically for refill. Why wasn't that offered the first time the OUT of stock issue happened at RiteAid? They don't care.

I placed my order on October 31st morning and was waiting to get the order shipped. As per the order confirmation, the order was about to ship in 2 days. Today is November 10, there is no update when my order will be shipped. Whenever I reach out to RiteAid customer care via email or via phone, I get the same reply that they are shipping my order in 24/48 hours.

They are horrible and just know how to do robotic reply. They don't understand that the customer had already contacted them 3 time and still they talking about the ** that the order will be shipped in 24/48 hour. There is no number or email to reach out to a manager or someone to know this is how they are running their business. RiteAid is **, a crap.

The November 4th 2016/RiteAid Pharmacy Hoosick falls ny. I had a heart attack on the 4th, went to Albany med to have a stent put in the back of my heart. When released I had to take several medications to not die. Anti platelet / blood thinners and so forth. 11 meds all together. Some I was already on but needed to continue. Some of this fault I blame on Albany med because they didn't call in 2 of the meds or so says RiteAid Pharmacy. Don't know the truth. Anyway I had a couple of med that need prior approval (I am disable on medicaid) but could not get until Monday. So I'm really pissed at Albany med for not sending me home with meds for the weekend.

So more or less RiteAid Pharmacy would not give me the meds I needed to live. Unreal. So I paid $145 for 2 weeks of 1 of the meds but could not afford one other at $350. The med that keeps your heart stent from clotting up and killing me. Also my wife was at RiteAid Pharmacy for 2 hrs fighting for my meds. I could not and would not ever do that to anyone. So all of this has made me very upset, something I'm not supposed to be. I will NEVER go back to RiteAid Pharmacy ever again. Heartless animals. RiteAid Pharmacy you suck and you're heartless **. My son in law is an Attorney and wants to file suit and have the pharmacist med license revoked. Don't ever put your health in DANGER using RiteAid Pharmacy.

I have a 20 day prescription that was filled on the 16th of October - that would make today 11/4, the 20th day. I was sent a text message that my meds were ready, yet when I called I asked them if my script was all set - and they were tell me not until the 7th?? Really a 20 day script not filled until the 23rd day? That's the most ridiculous thing I have heard. They are absolutely the rudest pharmacy I have ever been to!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

RiteAid has grown to become the third-largest drugstore chain in the United States. Operating mainly on the east coast, it provides multiple pharmacy services, both in-store and online. Services include prescription refills and transfers, one-trip refills, home delivery, Medicare Part D plans and specialty pharmacy services.

• Online prescription refills: Customers can create an online account profile that includes their personal information, doctor information and prescription details. Once logged in they can manage prescription refills by scheduling ongoing orders that tailor to each individual's treatment plan.
  • Specialty pharmacy services: RiteAid offers online delivery, prescription scheduling and financial help for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs. They are accredited to distribute specialty medication and advise customers on diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis.
  • OneTripRefills: For consumers who want to order their prescriptions online and pick them up at the nearest store, RiteAid offers OneTripRefills. OneTripRefills allows pharmacists to schedule all of a customer's prescriptions to be delivered at once, simplifying their pickup schedule.
  • Prescription reminder services: RiteAid will help customers manage their prescriptions by sending reminders by email, text or phone when prescriptions are due for a refill or ready for pickup.
  • Accreditation: RiteAid is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, ensuring it distributes prescription drugs safely. The URAC also accredits RiteAid’s specialty pharmacy practices.
  • Best for customers needing a convenient way to manage multiple prescription schedules.

Compare Online Pharmacies