RiteAid Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently had the worst in store experience of my life at a Rite Aid store/pharmacy located in Butler, PA. After taking my 13 year old daughter to the dentist and finding out that she has an abscessed tooth and needs a root canal the dentist prescribed antibiotics and pain medication, while on the way home after leaving the dentist's office I spotted a Rite Aid that was less than a mile down the road, rather than driving 25 miles to the Rite Aid location in Grove City where I usually get prescriptions filled for myself and family I thought it best to get my daughter started on her medicine's as soon as possible so I stopped at this Butler Rite Aid store.

I gave the pharmacist or pharmacy tech my daughter’s prescriptions and the woman told me it would only take 15 minutes to get the two prescriptions filled so I decided to shop in the store part with my daughter. After about five minutes I asked my daughter if she needed to use the bathroom and she said she didn't need to then I decided since I had a 20 plus mile trip to go home that I should use the bathroom before trekking home. I asked the store clerk where the bathroom was and she told me the store/pharmacy did not have a public restroom but if I asked the pharmacist that they would probably take me to use the restroom so I asked the same woman I gave my daughter's prescriptions to a few minutes earlier and she told me to go through the door that led to the backroom. Once through the door she waited and told me the bathroom was around the corner and the 1st door to the right.

After 2-3 minutes I was done and while on the way out a woman started yelling at me for being in the back room. I told her someone in the pharmacy allowed me to use the restroom and knew that I was there. At that point from a distance I noticed the same woman that allowed me to use the restroom was looking while I was being yelled at by the other woman and then the yelling woman asked the woman that took me to use the restroom if she was back there with me the whole time. The woman that took me to use the bathroom nodded yes and then the yelling woman went back to yelling again.

I dropped the "F" bomb and said I wanted my daughter’s prescriptions back and that I would get them filled somewhere else. The woman at the pharmacy that took me to the bathroom gave my daughter’s prescriptions back to me and I said "I can't believe you treat your customers this way”, she did not speak to me and I proceeded to leave and let my daughter know what happened. As I left the store I passed the store clerk and asked her for a phone number to call Rite Aid’s corporate office to complain. She wrote down 1-800 Rite Aid. I then left the building with my daughter and while in my car calling Rite Aid management the Butler Township Police came and an officer went into the store and I told my daughter that I thought the woman that yelled at me probably called the police.

My daughter told me that if that were true I should tell my side of the story and what happened to the police. Sure enough a few minutes later I had to give the officer my driver’s license and my story, he went back into the building and after 10-15 minutes he gave me my driver’s license and said that I was free to go. I decided to stop at a Rite Aid in Slippery Rock which was between the Butler and Grove City locations. I told the pharmacist at the Slippery Rock store what had happened at the Butler store and said I did not feel good. He took my blood pressure and it was very high, he recommended that I go to the Grove City hospital emergency room or seek medical attention elsewhere… What a nightmare!!!! I should ask people how they are treated at other pharmacies like Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. I don't think I'll ever forget that Butler Rite Aid experience.

Staff could not fill Rx. Said it was my fault. My doctor sent it in as she has before. And I have been a customer at this store for 12 years! One Rx surprisingly was $50 less than usual. I find out it is because this is the first time they ran it through my insurance! Second one could not be filled for unknown reasons. Tech told me to go elsewhere if I was that 'needy'. I asked for Manager to call me. She did, but I was unable to accept the call when she called. I went back today to get the last of my Rx's filled and the manager was there. Leslie, was rude and stated she just got there and did not need to be dumped on. She has tried to call me the day before, but I did not answer, and she did not have any idea who I was. She just got back from a 2 week vacation. I advised if I was that much trouble I would take my business elsewhere and she said that was a good idea. DONE!

I went to the front of the store for another purchase while Leslie, the manager, dispensed 6 pills as the Rx the previous staff was supposed to order, had not been ordered. When I returned to pick up my pills, after she paged me, she reminded me that the 'girl at the front was not over her'. I stated has another purchase, but she just said 'whatever'. I collected my pills and was walking away, when Leslie, the manager, laughed and joked about me with the next customer in the line. I found this to be totally unprofessional, and demeaning. The staff and their manager are not people I trust with my medications, nor my health concerns. I will NOT be returning and will have my Rx's transferred to another store from a competitor's pharmacy. This is not how loyal customers should be treated. Shame on you all for allowing it.

If something is advertised as buy one get one free or buy one get one 50% off it is guaranteed that any RiteAid store you could walk into will only have 1 of the item of the shelf. It's annoying and it's happened to me 4 or 5 times. For drug store type items, I shop exclusively at Wal-Mart now. They are no prize but they have fair prices and stocked merchandise 100% of the time.

I broke my tib/fib last year and it was not able to be set due to complications in a small town. My roommate went in and filled my Rx and was told my insurance was invalid and charged a terrible amount for the pain medication. I called my insurance the next day who called RiteAid with me on the line and told them she was reporting them and that they were to refund my $$ asap. They did. I refuse to do business with this store or this brand.

I arrived at RiteAid in Coldwater, Michigan early Wednesday morning. Bought some items and asked when pharmacy opened. She says 9, and states that she will give it to the pharmacy, since I have been there before. Tells me to come back at 10 am. I am there at 10:08 at the drive thru. The pharmacist says they just got the order. She asked when do I want to come back. I told them will come back at 11:30.

I go inside this time so I can get a drink too. Go to counter for pick-up at pharmacy. They can't find my prescription. I give them all my info again. Then states "we have not started on your order" to come back in about 15-20 minutes. I about had enough. No more will I go to this store again. So unorganized. If something happens & my blood pressure goes up, they are to blame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

As a Tricare transfer, I was told they were too busy to take care of all of us. The pharmacist told me my doctor refused to fill my meds... yelled it out to me after asking me my name, allergies and age in a loud voice. Turns out he'd sent the fax to the wrong office and no one answered it. Even when I offered the correct fax number. Went today for refills and the tech was busy talking about her weekend plans with the only pharmacist. I have little confidence in them and am trapped into being a customer. Dislike.

There is a young man at the Escalon RiteAid Pharmacy dept. in Escalon CA that does not have what it takes to work with the public. His name is Lance. I went to pick-up a prescription for my disabled mom this afternoon, he tells me that it would be an hour and half before I could pick up the prescription. Mind you I live a hour away from my mom. So when I return to pick up the meds. he states it could not be filled till Friday, but yet before tells me to return in a hour and a half then proceeds to argue with me when I'm there that he did not tell me hour and a half. He argued that for about 5 minutes then walk away when I asked for his manager. My point is I understand customer service is not a easy job. But if you can't handle working with public it's time to change your career. I really hope this issue is taken care of.P. S. I took the prescription to another pharmacy with better customer service. Thank you.

This RiteAid is horrible! I have had nothing but problems from both management, a woman named Shirley to be exact and the pharmacist. I've wasted valuable time being lied to and totally inconvenienced on several occasions and I have had enough. I would write in extent about my experiences but it would take me all day. What I can assure you is that you would be much better off going across the street to CVS. This location cares nothing about its customers and has no problem judging or assuming who you are without actually knowing you. It's embarrassing and downright humiliating. I am truly sorry I ever gave this store a chance after the first few incidents. I would save yourself the activation. No one deserves to be treated as poorly as they have the ability to make you feel. Flawlessly.

I had contacted RiteAid a couple of months ago to express my disappointment concerning their distribution of an inferior generic for "**". One of their vendors for "**" is MALLINCKRODT PHARMACEUTICALS. Their formulation of this drug has been consistently rated "BX" which may be sold to the public, but lacks the same Therapeutic Equivalence as the brand. The main demographic for this drug is SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN suffering from ADHD. RITEAID continues to distribute this medication.

** is her name and she is a human angel. The RiteAid Pharmacy in Fayetteville, North Carolina, 3716 Morganton Rd. is where she works. My wife was diagnosed three weeks ago and found out that her insurance does not cover the medications. ** calls every other day to let her know that she is trying everyday to get her medications approved. She calls after hours just to make sure she knows that she is still working on her case. ** has a beautiful soul, and we should have more people like her in the world. Thumbs up and kudos to **!!! =)

I have been going to this location for a couple of years now to get my prescriptions. Everyone there is always nice, courteous and very helpful. However, there is one pharmacist that is always rude to me. I didn't get his name, but he is **, slim build and wears glasses and brown hair. The last few times I've come in he tells me they don't have the medication in stock. The same thing happened today, except this time I asked if he could look to see if other pharmacies had the medication. He said no.

Since going to this pharmacy anytime they are out of a medication other pharmacists tell me when the expect to get the medication and they locate other Rite Aids that do have the medication so I'm not driving all over the place. Furthermore, they give this information without me even having to ask. I'm not sure what this particular pharmacist problem is, but I feel he is rude and his tone when he speaks is as if I'm an addict or something. The pharmacy is great, but one person is going to ruin it for all those that are doing their job with courtesy.

I was ignored when trying to pick up my medications that I needed, and when going home to take my medication, I observed missing pills in two bottles, when calling back to the RiteAid store the assistant put me on hold for 5 minutes, I made three attempts. No answer. Fourth call pharmacist answer. He seem to be confuse or just playing on my intelligence, I was ignored while a customer walked up and received help when I was in the store for about a half an hour, with hardly no customers in the store. Picture that. This was humiliating and downright wrong. Was an value customer for years. Not anymore.

I have been a customer w/ card for nearly 40 years. 30 some years in Brigantine N.J. and moved to Norristown, Pa. recently. I get all my Rx's from RiteAid 1400 w. Main St. Norristown, Pa. 19403. Today I went to the store to make two purchases for my well-being. I had an emergency and had to use the men's room. I waited for 3 to 5 minutes outside the locked mens rm. door (thinking someone was in there). I finally asked one of the very few workers if I needed a buzz or a key, something... she said "Yes, it's up front." Did I say emergency??? I had to walk at least 30 yards to get a key for my problem... I am 80 years old and every #1 or #2 needs expeditious caring for.

WELL, WHEN I WENT INSIDE I ALMOST SOILED MY SHORTS AND NEARLY VOMITED!!! IT WAS FILTHY TO SAY THE LEAST. Crap on the seat, wall, and the dirty lye stain on the toilet wall hadn't seen a brush in months... maybe years. The damn floor was scummy dirty, not something I want my trouser cuff to be laying in... I have never complained about sanitary conditions before but being a business that promoted cleanliness and health... this Rite-Aid store SUCKED. I am sincerely considering moving over to CVS.

BTW I did complain to manager up front as I returned the mens rm key (a damn joke to think a key was necessary to experience this or keep people away). In two days I am returning to this RiteAid to see if they made any improvements in the conditions... If nothing is done, I will write a lengthy letter w/ pixs to the Penna. Board of Health. Thank you you rich SOB's for allowing me to feel miserable all this day. I can't count all the RX's I had purchased there... I am retired disabled military and it hurts me to know that I had to resort to this action, it never would have happened in "the Corps." Thank you...

I had worked for four aid for four years. As a pharm tech. I have continuing problems with the RiteAid Colchester, CT store. Pharmacy manager Lisa **. She turns insane after 4 months of working for her. Makes entire store look bad.

I have a great experience with them. When I get there they know me and check to make sure I have all my scripts and when I'm due again. They're nice and courteous, smile when they see you, know what scripts are ready and will ask if I mind waiting while they check if any scripts need approval or updated. If so they ask if I want to wait or come back. They will apologize if there's a problem.

They have great location, staff, selection for general merchandise. Excellent pharmacy staff with great attention to detail, fast service, always available to explain and answer any questions, super nice and knowledgeable. Quick checkout and they always remember me. Never any problems or concerns.

Would like to see little Negrin hours for the pharmacy and I am somewhat concerned about the turnover of pharmacists. Three I particularly liked left within the past two years, two of which left within months of each other. These gentlemen seemed experienced and concerned with the consumers' welfare. The people that replaced them are considerably younger, and while friendly, I am somewhat concerned that they may not have the depth of experience possessed by their predecessors. Also, there are a couple of products my husband and I would like to see in stock there: Pears' soap, more of a selection of Jewish-themed cards, **, IBgard.

My Rite Aid in Owings Mills Maryland is open 24 hours 365 days a year, which is very important to me. The pharmacist and techs have always been able to answer any questions that I have. They make you feel like family. Everyone who comes in feels this way. They know most of their customers by name and greet you like you were an old friend. Any problems that may arise, they will go out of their way to resolve it and do it with a smile. They are very busy and serve a lot of people so the wait time can be up to 2 hours, even when waiting in store for your script to be filled. For their rewards program, you earn money in the form of redeemable coupons when you fill scripts or purchase certain products and get discounts on certain products which can help make their higher prices more reasonable. I will never go any place else.

There's a long line and the staff has more talking and laughing than waiting on customers. Also, they were not that knowledgeable about certain medicines. The rewards program is null and store hours are not convenient.

Their service in Vidalia is great. The pharmacists at my Rite Aid store keep track of our medications so we do not get medicines that interfere with each other. The service is fast and friendly, and they all know our names and if someone else picks up the scripts they want to know why I'm not there.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I just had to switch and so far am very pleased with my first visit. I was in & out within 10 minutes, very surprising! The pharmacist was the only one there, really professional, personable & kind. The store was quite empty when I went but I'm sure they have their busy times. However, if they are normally close to this quick, I'd gladly trade my old place that had later hours & a drive-thru every day!

RiteAid Pharmacy is close and convenient for my daily schedule to pick up my prescriptions. My pick ups are not always ready when they say but they always contact me to tell me and that saves me a lot of time. So I really appreciate that part and they are very friendly and ready to do whatever it takes to make sure I leave with a smile on my face. It's hard to find that kind of service so I thank the good work of the pharmacy at RiteAid. They're not perfect but they do a good job and they care. Keep up the great work.

They were the ones that informed me about getting flu shots, shingle shots etc. They are helpful with medication questions but service is just slow at times.

The store is located in an area 50+ miles from the nearest major pharmacy competitor; nevertheless, it provides excellent service. The local store has recently been renovated and the staff has always been friendly and knowledgeable.

The store needs updating and increase the store opening hours. Improve the pharmacy people based on knowledge and skills and they need to be a people person in that line of field meaning they need to be more helpful and caring and willing and wanting to help the patrons who come in to have their prescriptions taken care of. They all act as if they are made to be there, they are not friendly don't want to help you. They always have a frown on their faces. Knowledge level is very low.

Preston from Store # 05840 thought he could command me to get to the back of the line when I had already stood in line for 5 minutes. What happened was that people after me started a line on their own. The manager Rose saw that I had already been waiting, but this ** punk wanted to educate me on how many lines there were and if there is only one then I should get in the back of the line. I told him... "I was here before everyone and I'm not getting in line again. Get me your manager," at which, the aforementioned, Rose, the manager told him "Preston, he was already there before everyone." I'm a couponer, so I told him "That's right, so take me and my coupons!" That pissed him off so much and he sent me over to Rose and called the next customer. Rude Rude Rude, I am never shopping at this RiteAid ever again. Wanting to school me on lines and such? Rude **!

The 'rewards program' is a sham; a person has to buy quite a bit just to gain back a few bucks. Generally, this particular 'store' is somewhat below average in personnel, mainly because of personnel turn-over and mostly lack of merchandise that's advertised on sales ads; however, the store's well stocked when it comes to liquor/beer/wine!

This has been my pharmacy and store for 16 years and the people are wonderful and knowledgeable. There have been some changes in pharmacists but not in their quality of care of customers. They are always willing to answer questions and if they don't know they find out.

They're friendly and knowledgeable. It be better if the store was open 24 hours but I understand that it's not and why it's not in that location. So overall a good experience all the way around. It might be good too if I actually used their rewards program.

My RiteAid pharmacy is fast and efficient and they make it a point to get to know everyone's name... even though they only see me in the drive-thru. On the rare occasion I enter the store, it is always clean and organized. Plus, the staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Compare Online Pharmacies