RiteAid Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm disabled and have a lap dog who is at all times my companion. I have come to this RiteAid for many years and there's a new employee, young female. She had an army jacket, hood on and cap on walking towards me. My ESA bark at her as he is on my lap. He stopped immediately when I assured him it is ok. She is on the phone earpiece on and repeatedly says, "** dog." When I ask her not say that she says, "I'm on the phone I say whatever I want." I then say, "Go to a room and say whatever you want where the customer won't hear." She then says, "Get out of my store", I say, "This is not your store. Now you're yelling at me, a customer, to get out for asking you not to use profanities speaking of my support dog" and she then on the phone says "** please you don't know."

Who can I report this to, the manager asked her side of the story. She said "It's ok. It's not necessary. Her word against mine." As a disabled female I felt very vulnerable with how she verbally attacked me and my ESA and the manager did not do handle it properly. He said he was there only one night that he will tell the morning manager.

I went to a RA located in Beaverton Oregon, 12575 SW Walker Rd on July 20th 2017, about 8:50 pm because I know the Pharmacy is from 9am-9pm. Shows on the door sign and online Pharmacy hour till 9 pm. I went in with an urgent need for a special mouthwash. I had done a biopsy, painful mouth. The Pharmacy manager, Soraya **, informs that she will not take any after 8:45 pm. I beg her as these are just mouthwash and a toothpaste. She smiles and asks me to go another RA in Tanasbourne. I pointed out the door sign shows Pharmacy till 9 pm. She smiles and asks me to leave.

I ask to speak with the store manager, Zeek **, he speaks with Soraya, but can't change her mind. I ended up having to leave and going to the Tanasbourne RiteAid, where I had to wait for another 25 minutes. By exactly 10:10 pm, I finally got the mouthwash. From 8:50 pm - 10:10 pm I was in pain, hungry, and not even sure I got infection during this critical time.

After getting my pain meds filled by Rite Aid for over a year, a fill in pharmacist was there and refused my refill. They can see the history, they are never early, they are the same every month but this fill in refused service because "he can". I understand there is a drug epidemic in Ohio but it does NOT mean everyone on pain meds is an addict!!! I get so angry for being judged! I get so angry that a pharmacist can make someone go cold turkey by refusing service, that's not okay!!!

It is also not right that a cashier would relate an incorrect message to me as well!

Why doesn't the pharmacist man up and get on the phone! I dropped off the script 3 days early (as I always do), why didn't they call me and express their lies 3 days ago instead of waiting until they are due to fill and leave me in a bind? The authority that states give a pharmacist is not okay! The "fill in" staff is RUDE!!! I told them 3 different times NOT to fill them until the date that was on the script yet I still got a message on my phone stating the refill was "too early". I have Never had a problem until my pharmacist went on VC. Rite Aid needs to stop profiling people!!! Control the drug addicts and leave the honest people alone!!!

I am really upset with the way things are done at the mentor store on munson rd. They have a girl that works there and she is very very lazy. I can call there for up to 20 minutes and I know she has to be the one working because she will not pick up the phone when it rings. Also many many times I have called my Dr. to see if he had sent in my refills and when he tells me yes he did I call RiteAid and the girl says no he never called in. Many times that has happened. So the next shift person comes on and I ask if my refill have been sent in and they check everywhere and yes it is there. And I'm always told well she didn't look good enough. And if I go there and she is eating WOW do not bother her. She is a pleasant person to talk to but very very lazy. And when I ask if she can check everywhere because the Dr said he sent it in she says no it's not here.

I don't remember her name but I think she is the only ** girl there. When I call or go there and Mary or the other woman is working there is no problem. I get about 10 scripts a month plus my son and husband's so I really don't want to change stores but if I continue to have to work with that one woman then I will. It is very bothersome to have to call RiteAid then my Dr then RiteAid again then the Dr again. Sometimes 5 or 6 times. And that is upsetting the Dr that I have to continue to call so many times while all that time the script is at RiteAid.

Someone has to explain to that girl where the scripts will be when the Dr sends them in. I am really not a complainer until I have to go through things over and over. Is she lazy or is it that things do not register in her head. I don't think she should be working with the public. I pull up to the window when I go there and she just looks at me and says yeah instead of can I help you. Sorry to say but I think you will be losing many customers over her.

Cashier was very rude and unfriendly, I purchased an item that scanned for 14.99 when price listed on shelf was 12.99. Cashier refused to give me the correct price. I had to ask for a manager to come and do an accurate price check. Manager did not show up promptly and by the time he finally did I had decided that I was not going to get the item. This occurred at RiteAid store no. 00721 304 Market Street Harrisburg PA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

I have been getting my scripts filled at Riteaid for 11 years. This past month they got a new pharmacist who rather play DEA instead of doing her job. I take pain meds and I know all the rules. I never ask for early refills or anything that would put me as a suspected drug addict. However if you get a 30 day supply of meds and there is 31 days in a month. You will be a day short. This pharmacy can't seem to understand that. So every month that has 31 days I lose a day of meds because she refuses to refill. Don't know how she made it thru school not knowing to count. Poor business all around!

My experience with RiteAid Pharmacy has been sadly very negative. Rite Aid has made repeated mistakes in its preparation of my medications and has caused me great bodily injury, unneeded suffering and lost wages. I have been a very loyal customer of Rite Aid for more than 30 years. Lately the repeated mistakes and the level of job competence has finally forced me to take my business elsewhere. RiteAid has dispensed to me medications that they know I am deathly allergic to, causing me to end up in the emergency room and prolonged hospital stays in the burn unit. When I confirmed with them that my allergy was properly noted in their computer, their answer was "I'm sorry but we forgot to check the computer for your allergies." Just the total incompetence and severe neglect of the customer's well being and health is incredibly troubling as they fail to do even the most basic requirements of the job.

Last month I suffered a severe spinal injury that required an emergency surgery lasting over 5 hours. Needless to say I was in a crushing amount of pain after the huge procedure. My surgeon wrote me a hard copy prescription for analgesic pain medicine. I took the prescription to Rite Aid to be filled as I was in the worst pain of my life, and truly needed relief. Just to get clothes on and drive in my car was unbelievably painful. When I arrived at the Rite Aid Pharmacy during business hours I watched as the Eastern Indian woman head pharmacist walked out of the store past me. I checked and discovered that the pharmacist had closed the pharmacy vastly early with 25 minutes left to conduct business! Five other customers came in during business hours and seeing the pharmacy closed prematurely left understandably quite unhappy.

I was forced to drive back home and suffer greatly with no medication after a major spinal surgery. The next day I returned to the Rite Aid Pharmacy quite early in the case she decided to leave a half hour early again. I was informed by the Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist that they were unable to fill any prescriptions for anyone all night because they were conducting inventory. I attempted to inform her that it was still business hours and I was severely in need of having my hard copy prescription filled, but she disregarded my inquiries and walked away from the counter. I waited an hour and a half hoping they would have mercy as I just had spinal surgery and I did have the required hard copy prescription in hand, but the lady refused to address me ignoring my multiple inquiries until she again closed the pharmacy and left the store early with time remaining in advertised pharmacy business hours.

I was forced again to suffer the massively painful car trip to my residence and a horrible second day without any pain medication after a tremendous spinal trauma. The 3rd day I again suffered the preparation and the trip to the Rit Aid Pharmacy to have my hard copy prescription filled. I stood in line and watched as other patrons were given their prescriptions, but when I reached the front of the line the Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist said she wouldn't be filling any prescriptions for me. Surprised, I inquired as to the reason she had. She said "The DEA is restricting me from having my prescriptions filled". This statement made by this woman was obviously not true. I made repeated polite inquiries as to why she is saying something like she did and how can she just override the surgeon.

She adamantly refused to explain herself to me, and she gave no explanation, seemingly unable to articulate in English as her second language. Finally she replied saying she was going to call the police! For what reason I wondered as she had been treated very cordially and professionally by me for 3 days. With an hour left in the business hours the Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist announced that they couldn't fill any more prescriptions as their computer was now suddenly down. I couldn't confirm this to be true. An assistant pharmacy tech told me to drive a half hour to another Rite Aid Pharmacy to get my prescription filled. I suffered the fury of the unbelievable pain in my spine and body as I drove the distance. When I finally arrived there the pharmacy staff informed me that their computers were down.

I asked if one Rite Aid Pharmacy computer goes down does that mean that all the stores in the area's computers are down as well? The pharmacist said yes. It appears that a lack of basic understanding and a basic knowledge of the job is lacking in the Rainier Ave Eastern Indian female lead pharmacist. The incompetence of this woman is astounding. Her customer service, job knowledge and language skills are simply not there, as clearly is any empathy or sympathy at all. The lead pharmacist at the Rainier Valley Rite Aid is the worst employee I have ever seen; breaking company rules and the astounding negative effects she has perpetrated upon me and my healing process is totally unacceptable by anyone's standards. After over 30 years as a loyal money spending customer I am forced to leave RiteAid as the pharmacy there has been degraded to flagrant neglect and unbelievable incompetence.

It appears she has had no training at all in her job that she so consistently fails to do, as well as the fact she is completely lacking in the ability to clearly communicate with the customer. Hey Rite Aid! Shape up or you won't have any customers left at all to shop in your stores... Personally I'm taking my business elsewhere after being made to suffer so massively by the inept performance of this untrained and awful woman.

The pharmacy technician use a coupon l provide and then my prescription was more expensive than without coupon. l asked her the reason. The answer was the price is the same than last time and she tried make me believe l use the coupon the first time which was impossible because by that time l didn't got it. RiteAid one of the most expensive pharmacy and dishonest.

Apparently RiteAid now allows their cashiers to pick and choose whom they will check out, based on whether or not they think you're a "nice person." I had an encounter with a woman who would NOT check me out because 2 months prior, had her check me out but had to leave before she was done because she took too long, was too busy talking to other people, and I had a bus to catch. I had forgotten about the incident but she apparently thought I intentionally snubbed her (I DIDN'T). Now whenever she sees me, she tells me to get out of "her" store and says she won't check me out. RiteAid is also afraid of disciplining employees of certain races or ethnicities.

Cody ** I believe is just a pharmacy technician yet he has to be the most informative technician at any pharmacy I have ever used in my life. The pharmacy staff as a whole is very friendly everytime I have my prescriptions filled yet they a less than a full block from a major hospital so at times it does get hectic.

I went to fill my script I have got from back doctor after surgery... I try to write check but for some reason it wouldn't go through... so I called my sister to bring me money who lives 25 mins away... I was out of gas so didn't want to drive home and come back again... so far so good... Well me and my dad waited and waited. It seemed like eternity but on 1 hour and we even left and sit at McDonald's for 30 mins of that time. My sis would go to the wrong RiteAid so she was running behind. It was almost closing so I went in and ask the pharmacy if they could leave my script up front just in case she wasn't there before pharm closed... and you could say they acted like I shoot someone... Well she pulled up at 10 mins till... I got in pay for my script and lo and behold I go back outside to my dad to leave and the sheriff has him block in parking place checking ID and tags... like we just robbed the freaking bank.

My dad has never been in trouble and he is 76 years old... They check our IDs and tags and say 3 times RiteAid didn't call... which I know to be a lie cause I saw all the employees laughing at us... WTF did they think I was going to do rob them for 20 little ol' pills. I will never go back to RiteAid and I will tell all my friends they better not go unless they want to talk to the cops for 30 damn mins! ** RITEAID!!!

I am so concerned and worried. Pharmacy employees were joking around not paying attention. My prescription ** was mixed with alcohol instead of water. Which irritated my face and lips. Rite Aid Glendale, CA 91206.

Went to doctor today. Doctor gave me a box of meds and a letter about RiteAid. Said to look for call. If no call doctor wanted me to call them. I call them and they had my info in the system. The total due after my HSA from ins. is 2260.00. Are they insane??? If this is the normal guess I will just stay sick! Think it is crazy that meds get this expensive. I told them to cancel the order don't touch my HSA and I would contact someone to make a complaint.

I recently ordered a cane from them about a week ago but never received any confirmation of it ever being received nor did I get any shipping notices. I attempted to track my order on their site and there was no place to do so even though their site FAQ said there was. I contacted them through their CS email, but received no response. I then tried calling their CS number and had to do so several times for their automated system could not understand me or inexplicably disconnect me after putting me on hold.

After finally being able to speak to an actual person, I get a total idiot. They told me my cane was delivered but returned to their warehouse. I asked where it was delivered to and why it was returned. This idiot could not understand my question even though they spoke perfect English and I never did find out what really happened with my order. I was then told that they would issue a refund and get back to me through email within 24 hours. So far I've had no further contact from RiteAid. I will never order anything from them again.

I recently changed my email address which meant changing 100+ online accounts. It was a laborious process, but I finally accomplished it... for all except my account with RiteAid. After exchanging numerous emails with a RiteAid Customer Care rep and speaking with two Customer Care reps by phone over a three-week period, the problem is not resolved so I do not have a working online account with my pharmacy.

In fact, the situation was complicated by my contact with Customer Care employees who I came to believe were 1) lacking knowledge of the workings of the RiteAid website and 2) foreign-based so not familiar with how to engage RiteAid staff who were computer/website literate to provide assistance in resolving my problem. The rep with whom I exchanged emails deleted my original account - without my permission. However, when I followed his instructions to set up a new account, the website would not accept that account.

Based upon that disaster, I called the RiteAid customer service number and requested to speak with a supervisor. She was even less knowledgeable. Her only advice was to repeat the process of creating a new account, which again was unsuccessful. I twice requested to speak with the Webmaster or, at least, a member of the IT Dept, but neither rep would facilitate that. I think their refusal to put me in touch with IT was because neither of them knew how to contact IT.

This situation was unnecessary to begin with. Changing the email address associated with my online account should have been a simple process, not requiring any RiteAid staff intervention. The Webmaster is at fault for that. I am aware of the HIPAA privacy rule and understand the need to protect the medical information of a patient/customer. However, there are ways to maintain the security of the information while allowing a customer to edit his/her own account profile information. My medical information is no more sensitive than my financial information, yet, I successfully changed the email address associated with my online banking and credit card accounts without needing any assistance.

Nonetheless, even with that restriction, a customer should be able to resolve the problem with the assistance of a knowledgeable customer service rep.

[Emphasis on "knowledgeable".] I am pleased with the service I receive from my local RiteAid pharmacy, but if I cannot access my Rx information online, that is unacceptable. I will have to change the pharmacy chain I use.

All because RiteAid, the corporation, has created arbitrary and unnecessary technology complications and because the corporation is incapable of providing customer service. A "Customer Care" Dept? RiteAid has no right to advertise that they have such a department because they absolutely do not provide customer care! "Life is simple, but [RiteAid] insists on making it complicated." Confucius.

A pharmacist refused to fill a prescription for **, an ** and a controlled substance, for me because it was written by my PCP in another state. I just moved here, to Pennsylvania, for a job and have not found a new PCP yet. This same pharmacy filled the same prescription previously. I believe it is unethical to refuse to fill a prescription from an out of state PCP and the pharmacist was simply lazy. He could have called the PCP to verify that they wrote the prescription on just 4 days ago when I was at home as my wife and children have not moved yet and are finishing the school year in our home state. I struggle to work effectively without this medication and do not believe there are legitimate suspicions allowing Kyle to deny the prescription. He stated it was his personal call and suggested there are many other pharmacies that I could go to.

If you have any query for a Rite Aid pharmacist on their website, you MUST belong to their Plenti program, or you are denied access. Why? Why does this pharmacy (and apparently most others) keep trying to get you to join their "discount" programs? Why are staff ALWAYS trying to get you to sign up? Clearly this is to access even more private information than already given up. I find it especially unethical that Rite Aid ties this in with providing consumers with medication information. It is not even slightly subtle. Healthcare cannot be the main goal. Shame on Rite Aid.

I've had several bad pharmacy experiences with the Salem, Oregon RiteAid on Commercial Street. Each visit, I've encountered rude pharmacy techs and pharmacists who don't really give a darn. Everyone who works behind that counter acts like they just don't want to be bothered and would rather be somewhere else. First, the pharmacy techs: they are rude, uncaring, and have zero customer service training. My daughter's doctor's office made a mistake with the electronic filing of her prescription and these people at Rite Aid were non-forgiving and acted like it was my fault. I even called my daughter's doctor's office and had a nurse who made the error on the phone with me and the people at Rite Aid still refused to help me and refused to speak to the nurse. The nurse re-sent a script to them to help them out and they refused that as well! They were belligerent and exhausting to even to try to communicate with.

The pharmacy tech with long hair that looks like wet ramen noodles got in my face and gruffly told me that I was not getting my prescription. Had she gotten any closer to my face and touched me, I would have called the police on her for assault. There was no reason for her to get in my face. I was not confrontational with her and approached her with calmness. That seemed to irk her that I was was so calm and collected. She seemed to get angrier because I would not argue back with her.

On to the pharmacists: the male pharmacist just walked away from me when we were discussing the doctor's mistake. He literally put his hands up in the air and walked away from me as I was trying to talk with him. His behavior was cold, hateful, and totally unprofessional. Again, I was treated as if I had made the mistake and was in the wrong. On various other visits to this RiteAid, I have encountered pharmacists that act as if they just want you to go away when they are consulting with you about the medication. Needless to say, I filed a complaint with their corporate office about my recent encounter. Hopefully, their customer service techniques will improve with proper training or the hiring of new/better staff. I have moved my prescriptions to another pharmacy and will not return to this store - ever.

I recently had the worst in store experience of my life at a Rite Aid store/pharmacy located in Butler, PA. After taking my 13 year old daughter to the dentist and finding out that she has an abscessed tooth and needs a root canal the dentist prescribed antibiotics and pain medication, while on the way home after leaving the dentist's office I spotted a Rite Aid that was less than a mile down the road, rather than driving 25 miles to the Rite Aid location in Grove City where I usually get prescriptions filled for myself and family I thought it best to get my daughter started on her medicine's as soon as possible so I stopped at this Butler Rite Aid store.

I gave the pharmacist or pharmacy tech my daughter’s prescriptions and the woman told me it would only take 15 minutes to get the two prescriptions filled so I decided to shop in the store part with my daughter. After about five minutes I asked my daughter if she needed to use the bathroom and she said she didn't need to then I decided since I had a 20 plus mile trip to go home that I should use the bathroom before trekking home. I asked the store clerk where the bathroom was and she told me the store/pharmacy did not have a public restroom but if I asked the pharmacist that they would probably take me to use the restroom so I asked the same woman I gave my daughter's prescriptions to a few minutes earlier and she told me to go through the door that led to the backroom. Once through the door she waited and told me the bathroom was around the corner and the 1st door to the right.

After 2-3 minutes I was done and while on the way out a woman started yelling at me for being in the back room. I told her someone in the pharmacy allowed me to use the restroom and knew that I was there. At that point from a distance I noticed the same woman that allowed me to use the restroom was looking while I was being yelled at by the other woman and then the yelling woman asked the woman that took me to use the restroom if she was back there with me the whole time. The woman that took me to use the bathroom nodded yes and then the yelling woman went back to yelling again.

I dropped the "F" bomb and said I wanted my daughter’s prescriptions back and that I would get them filled somewhere else. The woman at the pharmacy that took me to the bathroom gave my daughter’s prescriptions back to me and I said "I can't believe you treat your customers this way”, she did not speak to me and I proceeded to leave and let my daughter know what happened. As I left the store I passed the store clerk and asked her for a phone number to call Rite Aid’s corporate office to complain. She wrote down 1-800 Rite Aid. I then left the building with my daughter and while in my car calling Rite Aid management the Butler Township Police came and an officer went into the store and I told my daughter that I thought the woman that yelled at me probably called the police.

My daughter told me that if that were true I should tell my side of the story and what happened to the police. Sure enough a few minutes later I had to give the officer my driver’s license and my story, he went back into the building and after 10-15 minutes he gave me my driver’s license and said that I was free to go. I decided to stop at a Rite Aid in Slippery Rock which was between the Butler and Grove City locations. I told the pharmacist at the Slippery Rock store what had happened at the Butler store and said I did not feel good. He took my blood pressure and it was very high, he recommended that I go to the Grove City hospital emergency room or seek medical attention elsewhere… What a nightmare!!!! I should ask people how they are treated at other pharmacies like Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. I don't think I'll ever forget that Butler Rite Aid experience.

The RiteAid at Mt. Holly Huntersville NC is awful!!! RiteAid you should be ashamed of yourself. ALL your Pharmacy staff is grossly overworked!!! You need more staff and need them double check medicine they are dispersing.

Staff could not fill Rx. Said it was my fault. My doctor sent it in as she has before. And I have been a customer at this store for 12 years! One Rx surprisingly was $50 less than usual. I find out it is because this is the first time they ran it through my insurance! Second one could not be filled for unknown reasons. Tech told me to go elsewhere if I was that 'needy'. I asked for Manager to call me. She did, but I was unable to accept the call when she called. I went back today to get the last of my Rx's filled and the manager was there. Leslie, was rude and stated she just got there and did not need to be dumped on. She has tried to call me the day before, but I did not answer, and she did not have any idea who I was. She just got back from a 2 week vacation. I advised if I was that much trouble I would take my business elsewhere and she said that was a good idea. DONE!

I went to the front of the store for another purchase while Leslie, the manager, dispensed 6 pills as the Rx the previous staff was supposed to order, had not been ordered. When I returned to pick up my pills, after she paged me, she reminded me that the 'girl at the front was not over her'. I stated has another purchase, but she just said 'whatever'. I collected my pills and was walking away, when Leslie, the manager, laughed and joked about me with the next customer in the line. I found this to be totally unprofessional, and demeaning. The staff and their manager are not people I trust with my medications, nor my health concerns. I will NOT be returning and will have my Rx's transferred to another store from a competitor's pharmacy. This is not how loyal customers should be treated. Shame on you all for allowing it.

Rite Aid has been my pharmacy for many years. They have very knowledgeable, caring and awesome people! Plus the medicine seems reasonably priced and the wait time is never over 5 minutes.

The pharmacists have been very helpful especially when dealing with the insurance companies. That right there is a real bonus. The prices are what I consider average.

I like going to my area RiteAid. The staff is very nice and helpful. They make me feel welcome. I like the variety of things available in the store. And can usually find what I am looking for right away.

If something is advertised as buy one get one free or buy one get one 50% off it is guaranteed that any RiteAid store you could walk into will only have 1 of the item of the shelf. It's annoying and it's happened to me 4 or 5 times. For drug store type items, I shop exclusively at Wal-Mart now. They are no prize but they have fair prices and stocked merchandise 100% of the time.

The pharmacist and his assistants are very polite and helpful. I have never had a problem when re-ordering my prescriptions. I would recommend them to everyone!

Staff, techs, pharmacist are knowledgeable. Very good about reminders, renewing scripts with primary physicians etc. Prescriptions are filled Mon-Sat. There are no Sunday pharmacy hours. I've always had a great experience.

I like RiteAid because they are pretty efficient when it comes to filling prescriptions. They make sure you know what you're taking and they have a good rewards program.

Generally happy with the service. Fairly high turnover with pharmacy techs. Some more knowledgeable than others. RiteAid is not very consistent with wait times. May tell you 20 minutes, often that means 1 hour.

Staff cordial, attentive and friendly. Service is prompt. It is located in the heart of the city making it a great location. Be sure to ask for prescription bottles that are easy to open.

Compare Online Pharmacies