RiteAid Pharmacy

RiteAid Pharmacy

3.8/5 (297 ratings)

About RiteAid Pharmacy

RiteAid Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

They almost always has inventory of advertised offers. They has lower prices than other pharmacy chains. They offer a $1 aisle and now you have the option of self-checkout which for me is wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Everyone is always very helpful at the pharmacy part. Not so much about the front selections. Are good stores. Very clean. I like the sales on the holiday merchandise and if they don't take a long time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I Find the staff very helpful. They send you a text and voicemail messages in your prescriptions are ready. You can dL app. I love that RiteAid gives free at home delivery if you have two or more.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Sometimes I go to ShopRite Pharmacy and sometimes to Caremark by mail. I like RiteAid because I always find something different there.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Rite Aid is the only pharmacy with a convenient location, within 5 miles instead of 10 or more, plus helpful with information about my medications, offering generics and so forth.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Pharmacist are knowledgeable, helpful and patient. Due to Covid concerns and I am high risk I asked if the pharmacist would bring my script out in front of pharmacy. And so they did.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I have always been well treated by all the staff at my pharmacy. It is as though my visiting with friends and that is very nice when you are stressed about having an ailment and need a prescription.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I like the drive thru option. They honor my Good Rx discount when my Humana Advantage Medicare plan won't cover certain medications or humana makes them higher tier higher deductible co-pays which is...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

West Sacramento Rite Aid is great! Ashoka and Josh as well as everyone in the pharmacy are 5 stars above and beyond. In Sacramento Leslie and Tina in the pharmacy show great customer service.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Dave the pharmacist was very quick and answered all questions. I prefer going to the RiteAid than seeing a doctor. Quick and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Pharmacists compared prices for me before filling the medications ins. vs cash. Seemed very caring and when doctor left off something with instructions, she called him directly and made sure everything.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

They are usually very good. They are on the ball and fill my prescriptions very quickly. Also, I like the text alerts and auto refills. The app is excellent as well.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Rite Aid in Taylor, MI Sammi (pharmacist) and all the assistants are kind, efficient (they go out of their way to help and assist), they are accurate, and VERY HELPFUL. I LOVE THEM!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The pharmacy staff is very friendly and efficient. Sometimes they don't have enough staff but they manage to get the job done. Good job for a store that does an immense amount of business.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The cashiers always gives me great service. They are very helpful and cordial. In fact, yesterday one had to help me use that machine for fast checkout. She was amazing, she kept back and forth trying

Original review: July 22, 2020

Didn't receive some of my online purchases. Called customer service and the man was so RUDE. He didn't resolve the problem. Instead said call back in a few days. It'd be great if his boss heard that call. Will never buy from them again!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I've been shopping in this store 3 years short of 4 days. Since the store offers a great variety of items from stationery, over the counter generic medications, feminine hygiene items, household, food and skincare items - that is my type of store! Aside of an idea that I do get 20% on all items that are not on sale, I love to come in each and every time because of how sales associates and store managers treat me. And the last occurrence just last week made me feel that people at this store really care about me. It happened around 1am when I was leaving the store after resuming my shopping and the guard actually walked out with me and waited until I cross the street because the crazy customer that was harassing customers inside went out. I do love details as well and am hoping that my survey is descriptive enough.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I just went on Medicare, previously I had BCBS of Michigan. I will now be paying fully for my Rx. I went in to find out how much it would cost me. I was told that they could not give me a price unless they filled the Rx. I left there and went to Walgreens and they were happy to give me a price. They went as far as to go on goodRx and told me that Kroger was one third of their price. Kroger it is.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

The pharmacy staff at #11018 Carlisle, PA need to be trained in customer service. I called regarding a question about my prescription. The tech was rude, blunt, and impolite. I am definitely switching to mail order and another pharmacy. Who needs to deal with this kind of attitude as a 'paying' customer!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Doc sent prescription to RiteAid on Washington/Palm Desert CA. I went and was told price was $32. I showed my GoodRx info and the listed Rite Aid price of $22. They turned it down. Called GoodRx and they showed the Rite Aid system price of $22 still valid, but that pharmacy said their system 'showed' $32. Even after GoodRx called pharmacy, they refused to acknowledge GoodRx agreed pricing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

My mother had an emergency and needed a prescription refilled and her pharmacy was closed so we had dr call in order at Rite Aid. When we got there they would not accept her Pace Card and so instead of paying 6.00 it cost us 59.00. I cannot understand how two other pharmacy can accept her Pace and this pharmacy can’t. If it wasn’t an emergency, we would of waited till her pharmacy was opened.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

The staff in the RiteAid Pharmacy Sammamish is so rude. When I dropped off the prescription, the staff told me it would be ready in 30 minutes. I told them I will pick it up a couple of hours later. Unfortunately, when I walked in the pharmacy 7 hours later, they said the medicine wasn’t ready yet. When I asked why, they said they are too busy to prepare for me. Shame on them! Never go to that pharmacy anymore.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Trying to pick up a prescription for my wife. She has a disease called CRPS which is at the top of the McGillis Pain Scale above having a baby and any other kind of pain in severe pain 24 hours a day and has been for 5 years her disease has caused her some teeth problems so she had to have some teeth pulled. We spoke to her pain management doctor about having teeth pulled and what could she do about the pain. The pain management doctor said that would be fine whatever the dentist thinks is appropriate for a couple of days to get her through the pain of having teeth pulled would be okay.

We got a prescription and took it to Sade at Rite Aid Pharmacy in Rancho Santa Margarita California. She was very rude and said, "I'm not going to fill this. I've pulled my own teeth and had no pain medication" so my wife should be able to live through the pain of having teeth pulled without any more pain medication. We told her to call our pain management doctor and her dentist. They both said it was okay but she's still would not approve of it and did not fill it. She had no sympathy and was very rude and really? Did she really have to pull her own teeth without pain medication? Not sure what country she's from but I don't think that anyone gets teeth pulled without some kind of pain medication or very hard alcohol. Anyway I just don't want this to happen to anyone else. The pharmacist name is Sade and she should not have treated us like that or anybody else that's in severe pain when she has no idea what is wrong with her.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

When picking up a prescription from the Rite-Aid pharmacy today I was told the generic medication I had been paying $19.97 for a 30 day supply increased in price by almost 300% and was now $58.99. Yes, a price increase of $39.02. I was surprised they can increase the price so much as I understand the wholesale price they pay has not increased. Simply profiteering at the expense of seniors like myself.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Several years ago, I used Rite Aid in Palo Cedro, California, for my pharmaceutical needs. It was a small, temporary offshoot. This pharmacy confused orders, and had a ridiculously long waiting period, and snippy, rude employees. After a year of this, I switched to Owens pharmacy across the street. Their attitudes were pleasant, wait times were minimal, and the overall experience was 100% better than my experience with Rite Aid. Recently, however, Rite Aid bought out Owens, and all prescriptions, unknown to the customers, were transferred to Rite Aid. We were not pre-notified, and found out only when we went to pick up our usual prescriptions. Last week, we tried picking up non-narcotic meds, and were told in 4 days.

While standing in line, we watched the interactions between clerks and new customers. The clerks were rude and snippy when confused clients were inquiring about their medications. When it was finally our turn, the clerk gave rude, snippy answers to our questions. The clerk said our meds would be ready on the 28th, no sooner. We arrived on the 29th, and told that we have to go home and call in every prescription. In a rude tone, she says "Call a week ahead of time, not last minute!"

So, now we have to wait another two weeks. This will put us a month out. We will be changing pharmacies immediately. Rite Aid employees are awful. They have terrible customer service. I feel that I am an inconvenience to their clerks. They are ridiculously slow, and in my opinion, are not professional or equipped enough to be adding new customers to their already incompetent pharmacies. If you are thinking about joining Rite Aid for your pharmaceutical needs, I advise you look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I just started using their Pharmacy about 3 months ago and was pleased with their service and was getting ready to get all my scripts transferred to them. The script that they was filling for me was a controlled substance and they shorted me 30 pills. Now that's a round even number so the pharmacist had to make a mistake somewhere. They are supposed to look into it . They will probably never call me. They might have a drug addict working with them. If they find out what happened then I will gladly post another review. But for now be careful taking your script there.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I dropped a prescription off at the Richland, Washington, store in the morning, so it would be ready when I came back [hours] later in the day. The staff said it would be ready in about an hour. SEVERAL hours later, I came back, waited in a LONG line, only to be told it was not ready because they didn't know how I'd be paying for it. NO OTHER STORE/PHARMACY PULLED THIS CRAP. This is a level of stupidity which could kill a LOT of business. I was in a HUGE and necessary hurry: I needed to get a hospital patient home, and ALL pharmacies are a TWO HOUR ROUND TRIP DRIVE AWAY [on weekends (which it was)]. Subsequent to this unique stupidity, after I stated I'd pay in cash, I waited nearly an hour for the prescription to be filled. WOULD YOU DO BUSINESS WITH THIS KIND OF BUSINESS? I won't, AND will do what I can to make sure others know they can get better deals and better service elsewhere.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I recently took two prescriptions in for processing. They were diabetic testing items. The pharmacist first tried to bill my Medicare D with no luck. Then they billed Medicare B and got paid the standard 80%. They put in a monitor although I did not order one. I had given them my supplemental insurance card for part D. They changed my RX from a 90 day to a 30 day RX and charged me a co-pay. They told me that my supplement insurance card was not for diabetic supplies and part B but for part D. Obviously they were getting paid by Medicare and my supplemental insurance. Now they demanded me to pay them too. This is double dipping and illegal. Do NOT ever go to RiteAid!

Original review: May 23, 2019

Thursday 5-23-2019 1:48. Johnstown, Pennsylvania. RiteAid on Bedford, St. My prescription was to be filled and has been filled at 28 days after its prior fill date and is covered by insurance. RiteAid, apparently has a policy that doesn't allow you to fill your prescription until 29 days which is their policy... likely due to being hit hard from the DEA after the opiate craze, that I'm sure they lined their pockets with. Anyway, my former pharmacy closed abruptly and sent all the prescriptions to RiteAid without option. Now, I don't use RiteAid because I've had terrible experiences with how poorly and rudely the people that work there have treated me and my husband. So today when I called them, they said my prescription would be filled and I could pick it up... awesome!

My husband went to pick it up and they said they wouldn't fill it until tomorrow because of my insurance. I call my insurance and they tell me that it's completely fine to fill and it wasn't anything on their end. So, again I call RiteAid to tell them it's not my insurance and then they tell me that it's not the insurance it's their policy to not fill anything until the 29th day. Which is tomorrow... It's Memorial Day weekend and I'm going out of town. Now instead of leaving tonight, I have to wait till the morning. RiteAid took it upon themselves to call my doctor and basically red flag me for requesting my prescription 3 times because they had trouble understanding on their end. Not to mention the absolutely terrible customer service, nasty looks and very uncouth behavior... They took time out of their day to call my primary care physician and slander my name!

I apologize for trying to get my prescription filled that I've gotten filled at 28 days for years, but RiteAid needs to be clear and handle people and themselves with much more respect and way better customer service interactions. I will be extending my (experiences) and the slander on my good name to my lawyer. Your company needs to train people that not everyone who takes a medication that is controlled is a drug addict and stop treating people like they are when your employees have no idea who I am or why I take a medication.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Called their pharmacy simply wanting to know if a prescription was in stock, SO I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE MILES TO PHYSICALLY WALK INTO A STORE AND BE TOLD THEY DO NOT HAVE IT. The clerk quoted an apparent policy, "we can't give out details on controlled substances over the phone." Sorry, you're a "pharmacy" and I have a valid prescription. My doctor's directive should override any store policy, particularly when it comes to giving information about a prescription. I mean this is absurd. I could be standing there on the phone right next to her, and she couldn't tell me, but if I were to then go up to the counter, she'd be ok with it. Blind leading the blind. I will NEVER be shopping at Rite Aid FOR ANYTHING ever again.

RiteAid Pharmacy Company Information